=== LeeJunFan [junfan@64-186-37-120.skycon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== eruin [~eruin@eruin.user] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== LeeJunFan [junfan@64-186-37-120.skycon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bradb [~bradb@modemcable087.14-130-66.mc.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lupusBE [~lupus@dD5E03E36.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== GheRivero [~ghe@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== wasabi__ [~wasabi@c-24-1-61-51.client.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== koke [~koke@rm-001-26.serve.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Riddell [jr@muse.19inch.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stratus [~stratus@201008026181.user.veloxzone.com.br] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Slant [~scott@w075111.wireless.fsr.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
SlantDoes anyone know where I can read about how to put together my own Ubuntu installer CD?01:04
SlantI would like to have a couple other packages and a different kernel set in the installer.01:04
dholbachSlant: there's something on the wiki about it01:04
SlantI was looking, but I couldn't find anything.01:05
SlantDo yo uhave any pointer links?01:05
dholbachsearch "live cd"01:05
SlantIsn't the Live CD a bit different than the installer?01:05
dholbachoh sorryyyyy01:06
dholbachi misread01:06
dholbachabout the installer cd i dunno... sorry01:06
amuonly a bit different, same system 01:10
=== Keybuk [~scott@syndicate.netsplit.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
amuSlant: if you take the d-i sources you'll find under /doc some infos about it 01:11
=== mdke [~matt@mdke.user] has joined #ubuntu-devel
SlantWhere are the Ubuntu fork of d-i respository?01:16
amuarchive.ubuntu.com ?01:17
SlantIt's not in the package list... :-\01:17
SlantOr, it is.01:18
SlantBut not in the apt-cache search.01:18
amuSlant: look with you browser ;)01:20
SlantAlready done. :-p01:20
tritiumamu, if you don't mind, could you please post your review of my krecipes package on http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/MOTUNewPackages ?01:20
SlantWell, I read custom-kernel.txt. It's pretty clear about how to replace the kernel in d-i. However, does that replace the installed kernel too?01:25
SlantI don't think so. So I suppose I would need to manually install the source kernel-image via chroot too...01:25
amutritium: yep ogra told ask before01:29
amuSlant: no those are different ( packages )  01:30
tritiumamu, thank you01:31
amuthe one for d-i is a udeb the installed a full kernel.deb 01:31
amutritium: sorry for the delay01:32
tritiumamu, no need to apologize.  I appreciate your review.  :)01:33
Slantamu: Ok.01:35
SlantSo I need to replace the udeb, and then post-install I need to manually install my kernel package from the boot CD.01:35
SlantSo that upon reboot I'll have access to my modules.01:36
SlantFair enough. Time to get on it then.01:36
=== winkle [~winkle@lgh3814234.vittran.norrnod.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachgood night everyone01:40
amuSlant: manally ? just look for the menu-id where the kernel will be install and replace it with your packages, i'm not sure about md5's 01:40
amun8 dholbach 01:41
dholbachbye amu01:41
mdkenight dholbach 01:41
Slantamu: Essentially, I'm trying to get around bug #7759. Is there an easier way than recreating an install CD?01:43
=== jbailey [~jbailey@CPE000ded9d787c-CM014260028338.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
SlantWhere is the smp patches for ubuntu kernels?01:58
Slantare rather?01:58
mirakis there a way to make gnome use asynchrone mode for mounting of the removable devices ?02:00
Slantmirak: I think you need to be looking at pmount?02:00
mirakI guess yes, but where ?02:01
=== mdke [~matt@mdke.user] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Leaving"]
mirakSlant: in fact that's the opposite, I want it synchrone02:01
SlantIt is sync.02:02
Slantman pmount:02:02
Slant       The    device    will    be   mounted   with   the   following   flags:02:02
=== robtaylor__ [~robtaylor@nat2.camtrial.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Slant       sync,atime,nodev,exec,noauto,nosuid,user,rw02:02
mirakyep I have seen that02:02
mirakbut since gnome calls pmount02:03
Slantgnome-volume-manager, I believe.02:03
tsengi believe if you make an fstab entry with async pmount will honor it02:03
tsengtry that and then cat /etc/mtab02:03
mirakthat's not pretty02:03
tsenguh, sorry.02:03
mirakin fact I want it to be alway sync02:03
mirakbecause it's to unsafe for removable devices02:04
mirakat least rw devices02:04
Slantmirak: The point is I believe they already are being mounted sync.02:04
mirakespecially when they use crap3202:04
mirakthey are not02:05
mirakmy recoder is02:05
|QuaD-tseng: hoary is going to be released soon, do you know if beagle is going to make it in?02:05
mirakbut my mp3 jukebox is not02:05
tseng|QuaD-: no, i dont know anything for sure02:05
|QuaD-tseng: ok02:05
tsengif not it will be easy to install02:05
|QuaD-tseng: easier than now?02:06
tsengas easy as dpkg -i02:06
tsengor even apt-get if i decide to be generous02:06
|QuaD-tseng: haha, its not hard to do now, i jsut want official packages02:06
Slant/usr/bin/pmount-hal %h -e02:06
SlantThat's what gnome-volume-manager runs.02:07
tseng|QuaD-: ill make sure they are gpg signed so you get a warm fuzzie then02:07
Slantthus you should be checking the HAL settings for the device.02:07
|QuaD-tseng: lol02:08
ograanybody using dualhead in here ? 02:24
eruinwhere's the repo with gnomebaker in it?02:29
=== GheRivero [~ghe@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== GheRivero [~ghe@] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Abandonando"]
=== decko [decko@netsite-200-225-232-064-dynamic.idial.com.br] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograeruin, it should be in the archive soon, i uploaded it yesterday, it waits for elmos approval02:37
=== A_Alam [~a_alam@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== decko [decko@decko.user] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Fui]
ograif you urgently need a burning app, take graveman, its already there02:40
tsengthere is a coaster deb on their site02:40
tsengit works fine for me.02:40
tsenggraveman is meh02:41
ogratseng, :-P02:41
eruinyeah, no, not urgent, just wondering how my favourite burning app was faring in ubuntu ;)02:41
=== LeeJunFan [junfan@64-186-37-120.skycon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Slantogra: I'm running dual head on NVIDIA.02:54
ograSlant, which arch ?02:55
Slantogra: i386.02:56
ograSlant, does your screensaver run on both displays or only on the first ?02:57
SlantIt's a single screen that has been xinerama'ed. But Ubuntu's version of xscreensaver doesn't support xinerama, so it only displays on the full first screen.02:57
SlantSo in my case, it displays stretched across both monitors.02:57
SlantIf I set them up as multiple screens, then it would appear only on the first monitor.02:58
=== kaza [1000@dialup-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograand if you lock the screen, it shows the unlock dialog in the middle between both displays ?02:58
=== kaza [1000@dialup-] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== mjt [~mjt@nat.corpit.ru] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mjtsomeone ban this idiot #ubuntu pls02:59
ograSlant, yup, thats what i'm working on...03:00
mdzogra: hey03:00
mdzogra: what is the status of hwdb submissions to the server?03:00
ograhi mdz 03:00
ogramdz, still no elmo03:01
mdzogra: the deadline was 2005-03-0903:01
Slantogra: Yes, it shows it in the middle of both display.s03:01
ograi have no server yet...03:01
ograSlant, ok03:01
mdzogra: once the server is set up, everything else is ready?03:01
mdzdo you have it working with a local server?03:02
ogranope, but thats an aftrnoon....03:02
mdzcan you please do that while waiting for elmo?  the release candidate is in three days and there is no way that we will be able to test this properly03:02
ograi'll have it ready tomorrow evening 03:02
mdzthank you03:02
ograyour order ;)03:03
mdzI don't want your work to go to waste because we don't get the data from our users03:03
ogramdz, i already have 110 submissions in my inbox....03:03
mdzogra: you know what I mean :-)03:04
ogramdz, yep :) dont worry03:04
mdz"please email this file to oliver" is not a very solid submission mechanism :-)03:04
ogranot at all03:04
mdzI expect we should get hundreds of thousands of submissions from Hoary if we get this working well03:05
ograwe will, the people seem to like it....at least thats what i get in the email caomments03:05
ogramdz, about the apt-get.org thing, do you think it would be possible to have an additional repo (universe, multiverse, apt-get.org) so we could exclude the stuff we cant do QA for ?03:10
ograthere is a lot of stuff in apt-get.org where people wont be happy about, e.g. joey hess d-i stuff might be something i think Kamion should review...03:12
crimsunI'm much less worried about DDs' personal repos than I am others'03:13
ogracrimsun, sure, but even if its form DDs it may break stuff in universe....03:14
crimsunogra: true.  All that's going into multiverse, correct?03:14
ogracrimsun, not sure about that....and there are things like indiana jones game ROMs there, we wouldnt even want in multivrse03:15
mdzogra: I have to talk to sabdfl about it03:16
ogramdz, ood, then i know its in good hands...03:17
ogragood even...03:17
=== sabmoc [~alex@d154-20-136-124.bchsia.telus.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sabmoceesh.. ubuntu is having some security auth problems lately, I just went to the website and it said the certificate was not valid, then I checked something out from svn and that wasn't valid either.03:18
mdzmost of the certificates used for the websites are issued by the Canonical CA, not by any of the usual ones whose certificates are trusted by browsers.  It has always been this way.03:21
ogranight all03:30
crimsunnight ogra 03:30
=== srbaker [~srbaker@blk-222-52-156.eastlink.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sabmocmdz, I dont understand how that makes it alright to have invalid certs03:36
crimsunsabmoc: they're not invalid03:40
=== wasabi_ [~wasabi@c-24-1-61-51.client.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
crimsunsabmoc: that's your web browser :-)03:40
sabmoccrimsun, Im not invalid, I have feelings you know..03:45
sabmoccrimsun, ok03:45
sabmoccrimsun, but I dont think the problem is my browser, I think the problem is that the cert was issued for is different than the site I am viewing.03:47
sabmocat least that is what the message seemed to say03:48
=== thoreauputic [~debianarc@wolax8-239.dialup.optusnet.com.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukhmmm, udev upgrade just failed for me ...04:36
Keybuk(warty -> hoary)04:36
mdzKeybuk: more specifically?04:39
Keybukdunno, it scrolled off the top and I don't know how to make screen give me scrollback?04:40
Keybukhoping it'll do it again04:40
KeybukPreparing to replace udev 0.026-1ubuntu5 (using .../udev_0.050-3ubuntu6_i386.deb) ...04:44
Keybukudev requires a kernel >= 2.6.8, upgrade aborted.04:44
Keybukdpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/udev_0.050-3ubuntu6_i386.deb (--unpack):04:44
Keybuk subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 104:44
Keybuklinux-image isn't a depend of ubuntu-base in warty?  so wouldn't have been upgraded04:56
Keybukmdz: is that a udev bug?  or a release note do you think?04:58
mdzKeybuk: warty has a kernel04:58
mdzand no, it isn't a dependency of ubuntu-base04:59
Keybukyeah, this was a pre-warty-release install, so the kernel never got automatically updated04:59
mdzthat was an upgrading-to-warty-final release note04:59
Keybukok, I missed that one then05:00
mdzwe do have a bug open about it, but since we've never shipped anything < 2.6.8, it's not much of a priority05:00
Keybukinteresting ... if you comment out the udev change, it just doesn't start in postinst05:03
Keybukand configures happily05:03
Keybukthat preinst check is probably a bug in itself05:03
mdzI'm inclined to agree05:03
Keybukpostinst does "if kernel < 2.6.8, don't start until reboot"05:04
mdzcan you add a note to #6932?05:04
=== daniels [~daniels@202-44-183-17.nexnet.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
KeybukJenny NARGH! The Application "gnome-volume-manager" has quit unexpectedly.05:04
Keybukso even the warty version does that <g>05:04
=== moquist [~moquist@client-64-222-164-157.ba-dsg.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzg-v-m in warty doesn't like anything being upgraded out from under it05:05
mdzthe hoary version is better; not sure if it's perfect yet05:05
Keybukthe hoary version doesn't seem to like it either :p05:06
Keybukit seems to affect everyone but pitti05:06
danielsg-v-m is still segfaulty when hal/dbus disappear from under it05:07
=== jorge_ [~jorge@arslinux.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ups [~ups@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== OddAbe19 [~OddAbe19@pcp02542642pcs.lncstr01.pa.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== janc [~janc@dD576265C.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzlamont: around?05:36
mdzdaniels: what is left to be done before you upload xorg?05:37
danielsmdz: add two new modelines and a two-line i810 fix; give it a last run around on the live cd05:40
danielsi'm working my way through the keyboard bugs now, trying to get as many of those05:40
mdzyeah, unfortunately that seems to be taking a long time to settle out05:40
daniels  * Change default en_CA mapping to us (closes: Ubuntu#7448), default05:40
daniels    sv_SE mapping to se (closes: Ubuntu#7779), default el* mapping to05:40
daniels    us,el with an Alt+Shift toggle (closes: Ubuntu#7656), and br-abnt2--*05:40
daniels    fallback to br/abnt2 (closes: Ubuntu#8264).05:40
danielsthis is what I'm running with unless I hear a definitive 'no' from someone who would know on any of those05:41
mdzI wonder how many of the non-latin languages are going to share that can't-login problem05:41
mdzsmurfix: around?05:41
danielsmdz: mmm05:41
mdzthere was at least one other report, I thought05:42
mdzah, #820205:42
zenwhenIs there any possiblity of getting cvs installed by default in Ubuntu?05:43
zenwhenIs there a place i would make a request for that?05:43
mdzcvs is a development tool; we don't install a development environment as part of the default desktop or server05:44
zenwhenWell I have on multiple occasions had people with certain USB wireless devices using amtel chipsets ask me how to do net free setup of said cards.05:44
wasabi_Sounds like a poor solution to that problem.05:44
danielszenwhen: surely the answer is to get the right driver into the kernel, not use cvs?05:44
danielsmdz: ah, right05:44
mdzzenwhen: what is the solution that you offer them which involves cvs?05:44
zenwhenYou need it to use the cvs snapshots05:44
zenwhenSurely that is the answer, and surely it isnt happening. 05:45
mdzif certain hardware is supported only by pre-release versions of the driver, I think "install cvs by default" is an awkward solution05:45
zenwhenI agree.05:45
mdzit might not be unreasonable to add cvs to the CD05:45
zenwhenBut this is the current situation.05:45
mdzthat would satisfy your use case more elegantly, I think05:45
zenwhenAnd cvs is so small.05:46
wasabi_then apt-get install it05:46
wasabi_that's not exactly much harder than USING It05:46
zenwhennet free was my limitation05:46
zenwhenits no big deal05:46
zenwhenit was just a request05:46
zenwhenfeel free to ignore it05:46
mdzcvs is already on the CD05:47
mdzit has been for ages05:47
Keybukif we put CVS on, then we'd need to justify why we don't put (e.g.) bazaar and Subversion on05:47
mdzso is bazaar05:47
Keybukin Ship?05:47
mdzzenwhen: your problem is already addressed in Hoary05:47
mdzKeybuk: correct05:47
Keybukahh, that's pretty reasonable then :)05:47
zenwhenoh it is?05:47
mdzzenwhen: cvs is on the CD, so no network access is required to install it05:48
fabbionemdz: yo05:48
mdzfabbione: morning05:48
mdzfabbione: are you happy with the kernel for RC, or are you going to try to put mjg59's fix in?05:48
fabbionemdz: regarding -32, there are 2 changes scheduled, the security updapte and the fix proposed by mjg5905:48
fabbionemdz: i am happy with the kernel for RC05:49
fabbionei will keep -32 for immediatly after05:49
fabbionegiven that it is ok with you05:49
mdzfine with me either way05:49
fabbioneok, than we will stay with .31 for RC05:49
fabbioneand -32 after05:49
fabbionemdz: can i make merge a cosmetic fix to debian/rules too? it is to make clean: really clean05:50
zenwhenok cool.05:50
mdzfabbione: cosmetic = doesn't change behaviour?05:51
mdzif so, that's certainly OK05:51
fabbionemdz: it makes clean do its job properly, remove 2 lines, change 105:51
fabbionemdz: i forgot to remove the debian/abi/ dir on clean05:52
fabbioneit's nothing extremely important05:52
mdzfine with me05:52
mdzwe will be making many revisions of the kernel after release :-)05:52
schweebsince you 2 are around, I have a question :)05:52
mdznice to have a good clean target05:52
fabbionemdz: you can check the change in the experimental branch if you like :-)05:52
schweebI'm intending to fix the user-mode-linux package in universe05:53
mdzfabbione: if you would like to mail me the diff, I will review it, but it sounds safe05:53
fabbionemdz: ok but it is safe and tested deeply05:53
schweebsince it fails to build from source... I know mdz was the maintainer, and fabbione manages kernels...05:53
mdzthat package is pretty much obsolete since UML was merged upstream and make-kpkg can build the packages05:53
schweebthink I should morgue it?05:54
schweebor build off the kernel tree05:54
fabbione-       rm -rf debian/patched $(DIFFDIR) $(MONODIR)05:54
fabbione+       rm -rf debian/patched $(DIFFDIR) $(MONODIR) $(abidir)/$(release)-$(revision)/05:54
fabbione-       mkdir -p $(abidir)/$(release)-$(revision)/${arch}05:54
fabbione-       echo $(abinum) > $(abidir)/$(release)-$(revision)/abiname05:54
mdzit needs a lot of work, to move to 2.6 etc.05:54
fabbionemdz: that's all05:54
schweebI wanna do that for breezy, not really prepared to put that amount of work into it before release05:54
fabbioneschweeb: hey.. xen kernels are almost ready btw :-)05:55
mdzschweeb: if it builds, I see no reason to remove it, since we don't have a replacement yet05:55
schweebit doesn't build05:55
schweebno kernel-source-2.4.2605:55
schweeb(which I mentioned in #u-k the other day)05:55
schweebno one was around though05:55
mdzah, ok05:55
mdzyes, it should be removed05:56
mdzit has known security vulnerabilities, etc.05:56
schweebalright, I'll put it on the proposed morgue list05:56
fabbioneKeybuk: how can i merge one single specific commit, from one branch to another in baz?05:56
mdzmako: morning05:57
schweebthis is the information I needed to know, cool :)05:57
mdzfabbione: baz replay05:57
Keybukbaz replay blah@blah/blah--blah--blah05:57
fabbioneok thanks05:57
fabbionemdz: i also prepared a generic infrastructure to build xen and uml kernel images, of course it will wait for breezy, but at least we can be ready for UDU and see how to handle ti06:02
mdzfabbione: yep06:03
fabbionebut the amount of images will bloat :/06:03
mdzwe need fewer images06:03
fabbionei agree.06:05
fabbionebut xen and uml are 2 arches on their own06:05
fabbionewith their own requirements06:05
fabbionei dunno uml enough yet06:05
fabbionebut xen requires 2 images per flavour06:05
fabbionexen0 and xenU06:05
schweebuml wants SKAS support06:05
fabbionexen0 for the main host (the one you really boot)06:05
schweebbut it isn't a strict requirement06:06
fabbioneand xenU for the internal hosts06:06
fabbioneso you get a bloat on that06:06
mdzwe need fewer flavours, I mean06:06
mdz2 images per flavour is not bad if there is only one flavour ;-)06:07
schweebfabbione: if I take some time off of work soon, I'll try to see if I can get the Xen userspace stuff running on python2.4... I'm guessing 2.3 support will be dropped on breezy?06:08
mdzthat's unclear06:08
mdzthe reason we have python2.3 is for zope06:08
mdzif zope were updated to use 2.4, perhaps we could drop 2.306:08
fabbioneschweeb: i am not sure about python, but it will be of course nice to get it working on 2.406:08
schweebI wish there was a central IRC channel for Xen... all the devel chat seems to happen on the ml's06:09
schweebthere's one on oftc, but it's pretty low traffic06:09
makomdz: morning... :)06:11
schweebyou've been pretty low profile lately, mako :)06:12
makoschweeb: dude.. i've been swamped :)06:12
schweebyour laptop incident made me chuckle ;)06:13
makome too.. sort of :)06:14
makoi guess i have been pretty quiet.. i didn't even blog all last week06:14
schweebwhip said you've got some pretty interesting ideas about those houses in Detroit06:14
=== schweeb is a michigander too
makoschweeb: ah, you've heard my idea06:15
makocan i add your name to the list?06:15
schweebI haven't heard the entire idea06:15
schweebexplain :)06:15
schweebI just heard the term "open source neighborhood" tossed around06:16
schweebbut if it's cool, I'm in :)06:19
makoyeah dude06:20
makoi'm trying to build critical mass06:20
fabbionehey mako06:20
makoso if anyone else here wants to move into FREE HOUSES in inner city detroit to create a rent-free free software commune, i'm the guy to talk to06:21
makofabbione: whats up dude :)06:21
schweebhehe commune06:21
=== schweeb chuckles
schweebas long as it doesn't get me murdered, and I still work near Detroit, sure06:23
schweebget enough people and we could pool resources and get some hardcore bandwidth too :)06:24
fabbionemako: not much really.. woke way too early this morning and my wife is already complaining that i am in front of a monitor :-)06:24
makoisn't today a holiday in most of europe? :) 06:24
=== OddAbe19 [~OddAbe19@pcp02542642pcs.lncstr01.pa.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbionemako: indeed06:25
makoit's sure not here :(06:25
makobut i think i'm going to take half of tuesday off to go see the grokster v mgm supreme court case06:26
makoif i can get everything i need to do done before06:26
SlantI have to rebuild the kernel since d-i requires a flavor be specified.06:26
=== tritium [~rimbert@12-202-90-180.client.insightBB.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Xof [~mas01cr@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stuNNed [~stuNNed@stunned.user] has joined #ubuntu-devel
danielshas jbailey been around lately?07:06
Mithrandirsix-ish hours ago, yes.07:06
=== Mithrandir runs off to catch the train home
=== daniels kicks off hopefully the last xorg 6.8.2-6 build, scurries off to get some food.
=== chris38-home2 [~Christian@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
infinitydaniels : Never announce anything as the last build, that's just inviting trouble.07:15
infinityI find that the "last build" usually happens at the N+1 mark, where "N" is the number of builds after which I say "You know, I really should be using ccache".07:16
makoalright.. i'm off for little bit this sleep thing07:18
makolater all07:18
danielsnight mako07:21
danielsinfinity: monash?07:21
=== jbailey [~jbailey@CPE000ded9d787c-CM014260028338.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
danielsjbailey: hullo :)07:22
infinitydaniels : Hallway. :/07:23
infinitydaniels : The Monash library isn't open until Wednesday morning.07:23
danielsinfinity: agh07:23
danielsinfinity: hm, not open Tuesday?  bong07:23
infinityRather bong, yes.07:23
=== LeeJunFan [junfan@64-186-37-120.skycon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pitti [~martin@box79162.elkhouse.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittimorning all07:34
infinityMornin', pitti.07:34
infinitypitti : BTW, I just reviewed the PAM changelog more in-depth, and nothing else there seems like a security issue (well, some may argue that any bug in PAM is a "security issue", but I wouldn't go that far)07:40
infinitypitti : I think we can close the Ubuntu bug and let hartmans deal with the wishlist bug in Debian on his own time.07:40
infinitypitti : Sorry for being a day or two late.  I had no idea people here would take Easter so.. Seriously.07:41
=== LeeJunFan [junfan@64-186-37-120.skycon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kagou [~kagou@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiinfinity: thanks for you analysis07:53
pittiinfinity: well, at some point the family just claims its rights :-)07:54
pittiKamion: here?08:08
smurfixmdz: still here?08:12
mdzsmurfix: yes08:12
smurfixmdz: you rang?08:13
mdzsmurfix: wanted your input on these keymap bugs08:13
mdzspecifically the ones where people end up with a keymap that doesn't allow them to log in08:13
mdzgreek and russian suffered this problem so far08:14
mdzin both cases the correct thing was apparently to use a "us,<foo>" layout08:14
mdzat least for the users who reported the bugs08:14
smurfixI've been CCd on the Greek one08:15
mdz#8202 is the russian one08:15
mdzI think08:15
smurfixdidn't say anything because the solution you arrived at looks sane and appears to be the one used by a Certain Other OS08:15
=== tritium [~rimbert@12-202-90-180.client.insightBB.com] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Leaving"]
smurfixlet me look over that one08:16
danielsit looks like we need to have a Latin keymap (or at least one that allows full Latin entr) as the default if we're only allowing Latin in the installer08:16
danielslogging in being useful and all that08:16
smurfixYeah, no other good solution until we get a graphical installer, I think08:18
smurfixand even then the user needs an ASCII username if they want to receive emails ...08:19
infinityNon-ASCII usernames are just asking for trouble, imo.08:20
smurfixinfinity: Yeah, there are probably enough other problems with them. I never tried, not having any of those in my name.08:25
=== cc [~cc@byte.fedora] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== `anthony [~anthony@220-253-48-70.VIC.netspace.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzpitti: please don't add the gimp help to the language-support packs quite yet08:44
mdzthey're big08:44
danielsARGH ZWIKI08:45
pittimdz: you mean because of -en, which would land on the CD?08:52
pittimdz: 450 kB .deb08:52
=== jorge_ is now known as whiprush
=== pitti [~pitti@box79162.elkhouse.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== carlos [~carlos@69.Red-80-33-181.pooles.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kain [~kain@ip-72-109.sn2.eutelia.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== martink [~martin@pD9EB3520.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kain [~kain@ip-72-109.sn2.eutelia.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ace2001ac [~acharles@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== GheRivero [~ghe@hiscpdprx01.upsa.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== GheRivero [~ghe@hiscpdprx01.upsa.es] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Abandonando"]
=== Goshawk [~Goshawk@host110-112.pool8249.interbusiness.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pitti [~martin@box79162.elkhouse.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
truluxpitti: heya10:17
pittiHi trulux 10:17
truluxpitti: do you have a bit of time?10:18
pittiwhat's up?10:18
truluxpitti: I'm fine, you? I've sent you an email on the new libssp packages10:19
truluxcould it be in Universe?10:19
pittiyeah, sorry, Easter holidays10:19
truluxjust also Sid package needs an upgrade10:19
truluxI had them too :)10:19
pittiif the MOTU crew is fine with it10:19
truluxbut I'm again ill :(10:19
truluxpitti: I'll ask on -motu, is that OK?10:20
truluxok :)10:20
pittior just ask ogra or dholback10:20
pittidholbach, even10:20
truluxok, thanks10:22
=== doko_ [~doko___@dsl-084-059-045-188.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== winkle_ [~winkle@lgh3814234.vittran.norrnod.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== herzi [~herzi@pD9E3C246.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Seveaz [~seveas@seveas.demon.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== daniels [~daniels@202-44-183-17.nexnet.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
danielsmdz: ping10:52
danielsmdz: casper-reconfigure -fpassthrough xserver-xorg fails; dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg, from a console, succeeds10:53
danielsmdz: (the former leaves you with the old PCI ID; the latter gives you the proper PCI ID)10:53
danielsmdz: i suspect db_reset semantics are possibly totally fucked?10:55
pittiHi ogra11:01
pittihi daniels 11:01
ograhey pitti11:01
ogradid i whish you a happy easter already ?11:01
pittihmm, could be :-)11:02
pittihowever, happy easter! (just for the case) :-)11:02
ograyeah :)11:02
=== GheRivero [~ghe@hiscpdprx01.upsa.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== GheRivero [~ghe@hiscpdprx01.upsa.es] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Abandonando"]
=== motaboy [~motaboy@host116-36.pool80182.interbusiness.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
danielspitti: yo11:20
=== dholbach [~daniel@td90919a0.pool.terralink.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiHi dholbach 11:25
dholbachhey pitti11:26
=== robtaylor__ [~robtaylor@nat2.camtrial.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== xuzo [~xuzo@81-203-41-93.user.ono.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
xuzohi, why powernowd is not stopped in laptop mode?11:55
pittiwhy should it?11:55
xuzommm, my laptop supports ffrom 600 to 1600 MHz, using powernowd puts cpu to max. speed opening a simple app11:56
=== koke [~koke@rm-001-26.serve.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sabdfl [~mark@host217-37-231-22.in-addr.btopenworld.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiHi sabdfl 12:13
dholbachsabdfl: hi mark :-)12:13
truluxpitti: too much work for the MOTU's, libssp1 can't be reviewed by now12:14
pittibrb, testing a crasher...12:14
=== pitti [~martin@box79162.elkhouse.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== abelli [~john@fdeec1654eb0ba06.node.tor] has joined #ubuntu-devel
abelliciao ppl12:22
abelliis there any planned for a "rootly nautilus" in gnome's menu?12:22
abelli... happy easter to everyone ...12:23
Treenaksabelli: I think it's not planned, becayse of the inherent potential for stupidity12:23
abelliyeah but "gksudo nautilus" is not so far away12:24
sladenabelli: the 'opposite' of spacial nautilus?12:24
Treenaksnautilus should die when run as root, imho12:24
abellior maybe what about a control Something to administer all of this tasks with rootly powers needs.12:25
ograTreenaks, ++++++12:25
abelliTreenaks: yeah but ppl keep on asking how to deal with etc file management.12:25
Treenaksabelli: vimtutor<enter>12:25
Treenaksabelli: or terminal + nano if they don't want to learn12:25
abellivimtutor? is it a virus?12:26
abelliplease rms forgive him .12:26
sladenI suppose if you try to delete a file owned by somebody else, it could do with having a way of 'probing' the command, and then responding either with a dialogue ''this command requires superuser priviliges'', followed by either ''please enter your password to confirm'' or ''please contact a system administrator''12:26
abellisladen: perfect.12:26
abellisladen: exactly what i was thinking of .12:26
Treenakssladen: nautilus already knows: it shows little "lcok" icons12:26
Treenakslock, too12:26
sladenabelli: could you search the net and see if anyone else has suggested similar, an.... ah12:27
abelliwhat should i look for ? "nautilus ah na na"?12:27
sladenTreenaks: I suppose it could be taught about the 'admin' group which is the default one for those with full sudo priviliges12:28
=== winkle_ is now known as winkle
sladenideally it could do with understanding the full security model12:28
=== mirak [~mirak@AAubervilliers-152-1-9-252.w82-121.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
abelliTreenaks: im not sure i can help you with your sickness ... will you come with me at LSM?12:29
Treenaksabelli: LSM?12:29
sladenabelli: can you write it up on the bugzilla as a 'wishlist' item?12:29
abellilibre software something in Dijon (sorry i dont know how it's spelled")12:29
Treenaksabelli: meeting probably :)12:29
abellisladen: yes, maybe why dont we think a little more about it?12:29
=== xuzo_ [~xuzo@81-203-41-93.user.ono.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
abellisladen: just to understand what we're talking about.12:30
abellior not?12:30
TreenaksSo Nautilus (or any gnome app..) should notice "I can't edit this file.", and then be able to sat "But I /could/ sudo to remedy that." or "Hm, I can't sudo, better call in a real sysadmin"12:30
ograusing a filemanager as root is sooo wrong12:31
abelliogra: did you receive the sms?12:31
Treenaksogra: yes, but a filemanager starting an editor as root is less evil12:31
abelliogra: yeah. also smoking is ... but some ppl do it.12:31
ograabelli, oh, my battery is empty....wait...i'll charge it12:31
abelliogra: no probs.12:31
abelliogra: happy easter.12:31
ograabelli, same to you :)12:32
abellisladen ?12:32
abelliogra: what would you suggest?12:34
abelliogra: i mean i see your point . but there's always an approximated solution for quite everything.12:34
abellior at least when we are talking about GUI.12:35
sladenwant something like the OSX security services---nice central clearing house.12:36
Treenakssladen: there's the keyring stuff in gnoem12:36
sladenthe ideal solution would be one-better than sudo.  Not to run the /editor/ as root, but to allow it read/write to file in the way that 'fakeroot' fakes such things12:37
sladenTreenaks: nod.12:37
ograabelli, if someone doesnt know how to handle files on the commandline, he souldnt do it with a filemanager....the system should be designed to make this not necessary, that would be the right fix...12:37
Treenaksogra: that would mean writing a gnome config tool for EVERY file in /et12:38
abelliogra: you've already got the cow, let's try to get as much milk as possible out of her.12:38
ograTreenaks, sudo gedit12:38
=== Treenaks needs something caffeineish
=== trulux too
=== maskie [~maskie@196-30-108-201.uudial.uunet.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== trulux goes to kitchen
ograTreenaks, open with....gksudo gedit should work too (untested)12:39
abelliogra yes, gksudo is better. 12:39
=== ggi [~ggi@ggi.base.supporter.pdpc] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiKamion: ping12:39
abellibecause you're not wasting a terminal, but you still have something with rootly powers wandering around your CPU.12:40
ograabelli, but filemanagers as root are very very dangerous....imagine you accidentially move /usr/bin to tmp because of a flaky mouse and you dont recognize it.....12:41
abelliyou can hide it.12:41
ograhmm, so if i hide every sensitive dir, where is the point to have a filemanager as root then ?12:42
dholbachit should be completely forbidden, if you need to change stuff in /etc, you should be 1) knowing what you do or 2) there should be a clickypointy interface for it12:42
ogradholbach, +++12:42
abellisladen idea is quite better .12:42
abellias i was saying before, we need to know what we are talking about (i mean ... problem) .12:43
sladenthe ideal delegation is not ''you may run this comand as root'', it is ''*you* may modify *this* file for a period of *5 minutes*12:44
abellithere was an user that wanted to copy things under /opt12:44
sladenanything that fails should hit the security service and be handled there (eg, with a password prompt)12:45
abelliand why not using a pop up windows for moving files or directory?12:45
abelliso you can't mistake as ogra was saying.12:45
dholbachabelli: this may sound a bit geeky, but i think people struggling their way to grokking file permissions, unix tools, ... are less likely to fsck up their system12:45
sladenthis is also where the fine-grained LSM comes in, dpkg should have access to /var/lib/dpkg/* but not anything else12:46
sladenthis would also mean that you could edit a file, but not be prompted until you actually try and save it12:47
abelliogra: if we use a pop up windows, with say source files and destination, there will be less possibilities for a mistake? or not?12:48
ograabelli, that could be a way, yes12:48
ograabelli, but it still doesnt prevent you from making very bad errors that could render your system unusable12:49
abelliyeah as OS automation is not the optimum, but it should do the trick until someone (like sladen) come up with a better idea12:50
ograabelli, for your example with /opt, the right fix in my eyes is to offer a rightclick item on tgz files to make them debian packages and a drag and drop function for synaptic to install this12:50
ograthen you dont need to copy software around manually12:51
abelliwhat about editing config files?12:51
ograopen with... gksudo gedit12:51
abellithis means that you, MOTUs, should review all the packages.12:51
ograabelli, what for ? if the user created the package himself....12:51
abelliso you need to had an icon for "rootly gedit" ...12:51
abellimmm ... i wasnt talking about /opt anymore ...12:52
ograa right click option in the context menu12:52
abelliarent we going to have a 3 screens long context menu?12:52
ograabelli, lets discuss thatafter release, there are only 3 days left until RC and we have a lot to do currently...12:54
abellimaybe a sort of standardization in config files, for the future, could help.12:54
abelliyep. sorry.12:54
ograabelli, there is one ;) its called /etc12:54
abellicmon you :))), i meant how files are parsed ... maybe using an ad-hoc xml-dialect (but its just an example)12:56
abellilet's call it ... Esperanto .12:57
ograabelli, heh, convince debian to use that :-P12:57
abelliok im turning my self off12:57
ograi doubt you will get the several upstreams to use xml everywhere12:57
abelliyou're debian, revolution starts from the bottom.12:57
ograabelli, nope, im not a DD12:58
abelliogra: ok, just become one, and starts to spread the virus.12:58
ogra(being a ubuntu only maintainer is smoething i'm very proud of....)12:58
abelliand im with you in this ...12:58
abellieven if im not, but i would .12:58
abelliok ill leave12:59
abelliyou to your work.12:59
ograMOTU can need every helping hand ;)12:59
=== motaboy [~motaboy@host116-36.pool80182.interbusiness.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sladendholbach: interesting email about apt-get stuff...01:03
dholbachsladen: how do i have to interpret "interesting"? :-)01:03
ograsladen, please comment it with your thoughts01:03
abelliciao a tutti ppl, have a great day01:03
ograciao abelli :)01:04
dholbachabelli: you too01:04
=== abelli [~john@fdeec1654eb0ba06.node.tor] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== SlackShrike [~kurumin@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== abelli [~john@fdeec1654eb0ba06.node.tor] has joined #ubuntu-devel
abellisorry im back but Treenaks is a kind of genius .01:08
LathiatSorry, he's not for sale01:09
abelliif  i pay someone of the motu, will a package like ubuntu-quotes be uploaded to universe? i mean after ubuntu-calendar, a database of quotes (taken from the ubuntu world) to sign our mail01:09
abelliwould be great.01:09
ograLathiat, sure ?01:09
abelliLathiat: really? doh ...01:09
=== Lathiat ponders going into business
dholbachabelli: fortunes-ubuntu maybe?01:10
Lathiatselling free software devleopers good be lucrative :)01:10
abelliis it already there?01:10
ograabelli, we work for free ;)01:10
dholbachno, not yet01:10
abellidholbach: dehiho ...01:10
abellibecause treenaks has called it the same way.01:10
dholbachapt-cache show fortunes01:11
abelliahhh ok01:11
abelliyeah ...01:11
dholbachso it'd be another package of "fortune cookies" :-)01:12
abellipearls of wisdom01:12
abelliwith a special brand : ubuntu.01:12
truluxpearls.tuxedo-es.org "the pearls of wisdom junk"01:13
=== seb128 [~seb128@ANancy-151-1-20-215.w83-194.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachhey seb128 01:13
pittiHi seb128 01:14
abelliseb128: ciao01:14
ograpitti, seen ubuntu-devel@ ?01:14
pittinot very thoroughly today01:14
pittiwhat in particular?01:14
pittiyes, saw that01:15
seb128this list is getting to much noise01:15
pittihowever, didn't reply yet01:15
pittiogra: dholbach is on crack, as I said :-)01:15
pittien-gross import of apt-get.org is utterly crazy01:15
dholbachpitti: how about some mud wrestling at UDU? :-)01:15
=== pitti looks forward to that...
dholbachwoohoo! :-)01:16
abellidholbach: mind that pitti's karate kid v2 ...01:16
=== dholbach doesnt mind
dholbachabelli: it's about fun, isnt it? :-)01:16
pittiTae Kwon Do...01:16
=== chris38-home3 [~Christian@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== JHGHGkljhskdfgsd [none@d198-166-22-94.abhsia.telus.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittidholbach: I prefer Frozen Bubble :-)01:17
abellipitti: sorry .. but i didnt know a famous actor that uses twd01:17
dholbachpitti: i just wanted to make sure everybody knew, it wasnt my idea in the first place  :-)01:18
pittidholbach: I know, just kidding01:19
dholbachpitti: and if you encourage that rumour in any way, i'd have to frozen-bubble/mud-wrestle/xyz you :-)01:19
pittidholbach: okay, let's blame seb128 then :-)01:20
dholbachoh no... not poor seb128... he took the panel blame already01:20
abelliok ciao a tutti - again and definitely ciao01:20
=== abelli [~john@fdeec1654eb0ba06.node.tor] has left #ubuntu-devel []
seb128dholbach: which one ?01:21
dholbachseb128: the "seb128 broke my panel" one?01:21
seb128ah ah01:21
=== seb128 considers unsubscribing from u-d list
=== JHGHGkljhskdfgsd [none@d198-166-22-94.abhsia.telus.net] has left #ubuntu-devel []
seb128that's turning to a bugzilla list01:22
dholbachseb128: it's a PITA if you read u-u@, u-bugs@ and the wiki as well :-)01:22
=== daniels boots the new live CD, crosses his fingers.
truluxdholbach: crack is a drug, steroids are a feature enhancement01:22
dholbachtrulux: roses are red and violets are blue, ...01:23
truluxdholbach: and this is a cup of tea!01:23
=== trulux hands a cup of tea to dholbach
truluxand a cookie01:23
dholbachyeah... thanks01:23
dholbachi guess we now solved the most important matters01:24
danielsmdz: 6.8.2-6 is good with the live CD01:26
danielsmdz: i mean, it doesn't work first off for me because of pci ids (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2827), but generates a correct config after having bullshit values seeded into xorg.conf and config.dat01:26
truluxdamn PCI ids...01:27
ogradaniels, what about nvidia cards and broken widescreen panel detection, is this fixed already ?01:28
danielsogra: should be, yes01:28
ogradaniels, you ROCK ;)01:28
danielsmost of the widescreen stuff was just lacking adequate modelines01:28
danielsi assume you mean https://bugzilla.ubuntu.com/show_bug.cgi?id=718101:28
ogranearly...i'll pull down the liveCD today to test it here...(mine was always stuck at 1024x768 instead of 1280x800)01:30
ograwhich   waseasy to solve with a modeline....so sounds very much like that01:30
truluxogra: I was having problems with 1280x800 in my laptop01:31
ogratrulux, stuck at 1024x786 ?01:31
truluxI needed many time to get the right modeline, among that the HP jerks didn't know the specs of their own product when I asked them on the monitor sync interval01:32
truluxogra: no, I'm on my desktop now, this box is dumb fast, great cooling01:32
ograi meant your laptop01:32
truluxbut this makes me thinking that I should turn on the laptop and emerge sync && emerge -u world01:33
truluxon the laptop I have now 1280x800 but the glx totally sucks01:33
truluxI see many lines around the screen when I try to get some glx working01:33
truluxand accel does not work at all, no DRI01:33
danielsogra: yeah, I've added 1280x800 modelines01:33
truluxdaniels: sounds good01:34
truluxshould I give a f*ck to my laptop Gentoo? :)01:34
danielsand I'm really hoping that it fixes the last of the i8xx bugs as well01:34
danielswe'll see01:34
ogratrulux, the nvidia driver works just fine on mine, but since nvidia doesnt support suspend at all, i'm fine with nv01:34
truluxogra: my laptop has ati mobility radeon 9000 agp 4x01:35
ogratrulux, ubuntu everywhere ;)01:35
ogrago on :)01:35
truluxogra: right, except under my pants01:35
ograsure ?01:35
truluxlemme check01:35
truluxoops, set_one_prio may need a new LSM hook :)01:37
=== trulux again messing with kernel stuff
=== Micksa_ is now known as Micksa
=== decko [~decko@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mitariohey everyone01:43
ograguys please, please, please comment dholbachs apt-get.org mail, its important that we see as many opinions as possible01:47
=== Alessio [~Alessio@host146-56.pool80116.interbusiness.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mvo [~egon@p5490231D.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rubenv [~lambda1@83-134-128-94.Leuven.GoPlus.FastDSL.tiscali.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachhey mvo01:53
mvohi dholbach 01:53
=== jinty [~jinty@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mvoping seb128 02:23
mvoseb128: mind if I upload a new gnome-applets package? that fixes the sudo problems with modem-applet?02:23
seb128not at all :)02:23
mvoseb128: thanks :) I'll upload it later then02:24
=== mirak_ [~mirak@AAubervilliers-152-1-38-155.w83-114.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128anybody using vim here ? what's the way to close a file and to go to the next one when you have several files open ?02:31
Seveasjust like in less :)02:32
mvoseb128: are you testing gvim :) ? 02:32
Seveasseb128, opening them using :sp or :vs is a nice way too02:33
seb128mvo: I'm trying to change 30 po in a row to remove #~ before a translation02:33
Seveasseb128, sed?02:34
seb128emacs open them in po mode which is fine to edit a po but it doesn't want to change them02:34
mvoseb128: yes, that's anoying in emacs, I was bitten by it too02:34
seb128Seveas: that's an option too, but editing by hand is probably quicker02:34
torkelseb128: or :wn to save it and jump to next02:35
=== mvo sees lot's of vim user love in this channel
seb128I hate vim02:36
seb128hate hate hate02:36
seb128these :vdsogvsdj are bong02:36
=== mvo chuckles
dholbachseb128: how about vim-users--vs--emacs-users--beach-volleyball @UDU? :-p02:37
seb128you open a file and can't even enter something 02:37
seb128that's totally bong02:37
mvofootball? 02:37
mvo^ --- dholbach 02:37
seb128I don't care about emacs neither02:37
dholbachbeach volleyball! woohoo!02:37
seb128but vim is bong02:37
ajmitchwould have to be rugby02:37
danielsmvo: you mean, http://www.afl.com.au?02:37
danielsboo to rugby02:37
Seveasboo to emacs :)02:38
mvodholbach: your vim-user--vs-- looks like a tla/baz archive02:38
dholbachmvo: sorry for that... didnt want to scare you02:38
dholbachthe beachvolleyball idea was only about fun ;-)02:39
torkeldholbach: vi vs emacs is never about fun :-)02:40
Seveasvi vs emacs vs nano then02:40
seb128dholbach: that's not a "vs", but vim ...02:41
seb128bah, I've fixed the strings, whatever02:41
dholbachseb128, torkel: i don't really care about editors either :-)02:41
=== ogra_ [~ogra@p5089B366.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128jdub, mdz: can we get a "REOPEN" for bugzilla ?02:43
dholbachogra_: you missed the  vim-users--vs--emacs-users--beach-volleyball @UDU thing :-)02:44
seb128I don't like to be forced to accept a bug because it was NEEDINFO and there is no other way to get it of the status02:44
ogradholbach, that sounds great !!02:44
=== moquist [~moquist@pool-64-223-173-21.man.east.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
zuli think you will find that they emacs users will be a bit under stength02:54
=== moquist [~moquist@pool-64-223-173-21.man.east.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [~seb128@ANancy-151-1-20-215.w83-194.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ups [~ups@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jinty [~jinty@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamionpitti: you should really include some content with your pings ;)03:05
Kamionpitti: sorry I wasn't around earlier, I haven't been feeling well03:05
=== syn-ack [meskes@CPE-69-76-190-218.kc.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograKamion, http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/AptGetOrg see the "Clashes with our packages" section....03:08
=== xuzo [~xuzo@81-203-41-93.user.ono.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stratus [~stratus@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamionogra: I don't see any reason why we should import packages from apt-get.org that already exist in our repositories; I assume elmo has the sense to know that03:15
ograKamion, we only assumed that it clashes, nobody of the MOTU does know the installer stuff good enough.....i'm fearing it might break something....03:17
ograeven if it doesnt clash03:17
=== tritium [~rimbert@ee213-dhcp-9.ecn.purdue.edu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [~seb128@ANancy-151-1-20-215.w83-194.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamionogra: AFAIK Joey Hess' repository is just a copy of stuff he's also uploaded to Debian03:20
Kamionogra: under no circumstances should any installer packages be synced03:20
Kamion(from there)03:20
ograKamion, ok...thanks for elaborating....nobody of MOTU could make that decision....03:21
=== mdke [Matt@spc1-watf1-4-0-cust201.asfd.broadband.ntl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== SlackShrike [~kurumin@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dand [~dand@gw.datagroup.ro] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mvoping thom 03:42
danielsKamion: yeah, I was curious to see if my xfree86 repositories were still there03:44
danielsmercifully, they weren't03:44
=== mantiena [~ubuntu@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mantienaHi all03:44
pittiKamion: I didn't understand why the ia64 image is too big...03:52
pittiKamion: second, I wanted to ask whether you already have the German d-i translations03:52
=== jinty [~jinty@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamionpitti: almost, there are still some fuzzies and one untranslated03:54
pittiKamion: okay, I do the rest tomorrow03:56
thommvo: yo03:58
=== jbailey [~jbailey@CPE000ded9d787c-CM014260028338.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== LeeJunFan [junfan@64-186-37-120.skycon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mvothom: IIRC you modified yelp to know about other installed documentation? if so, could you please have a look at #8194? 03:59
danielsjbailey: did you ever get to have a look at that modified radeon_drv.o?04:00
=== mirak [~mirak@AAubervilliers-152-1-51-91.w82-121.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jbaileydaniels: I tried it in with a few different combinations of modelines and stuff and it didn't seem to work.04:00
jbaileydaniels: I didn't want to declare it as non-working without chatting with you first, though.04:01
jbaileyI tried to look up what the modelines or sync ranged ought to be, and found a pile of conflicting answers. =(04:01
danielsjbailey: hm. :\04:02
danielsjbailey: if you could try the new radeon_drv.o with ModeLine "1680x1050"  147.14  1680 1784 1968 2256  1050 1051 1054 1087 (if it is indeed 1680x1050) and let me know if that works for you (if not, send along a /var/log/Xorg.0.log), that'd be great04:03
jbaileydaniels: If you'd like, I can wire up that computer now and hack, or arrange to do so tongiht.04:03
danielsjbailey: it's not urgent, just sort of a morbid curiousity04:03
thommvo: sure04:03
danielsit's pretty much the only case where radeon doesn't Just Work these days04:03
mantienamdz: hi, you told, that udev config file patch for firewire device (see bug #3609 ) should be applied to ubuntu hoary, but it seems firewire devices still doesn't work with ubuntu :( Maybe you could apply fix from bug #3609 to udev package ?04:03
jbaileydaniels: Well, I'd really like to to work if you have the time.  It's a shame to have a lovely monitor here and have that box in text mode.04:03
mvothom: I wonder if I register the documentation wrong in some way, would be nice if you have a idea. if not, I'll look seriously into it tomorrow04:04
mvobye dholbach 04:04
jbaileydaniels: I'm sort of here and there today, but I have a few things that I want to do workwise, so I can match whatever schedule you need if you have time.04:04
thommvo: i'll check in a second; i suspect it's a problem with the omf generation in doc-base, personally04:05
mvothom: thanks! there is no hurry :) 04:05
danielsjbailey: sure.  i'll be heading off as soon as i upload xorg for tonight (it's 0007 on a public holiday, and i've been involuntarily nodding off all day), but should be back in about 10-11h if you're around?04:07
infinityjbailey : Will you run screaming if I utter the term "refcount"?04:08
jbaileyYeah, sounds lovely.  I'll probably be at the gym around then, but can be bck right after it.04:08
=== xuzo [~xuzo@81-203-41-93.user.ono.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
danielsjbailey: sure, well I'll be around for more or less the whole day after that, so I'll catch up with you then04:08
=== mirak [~mirak@AAubervilliers-152-1-51-91.w82-121.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jbaileyinfinity: No, I'd reply 'begone and come back in 6 weeks when we have a new glibc'.  There's no refcounting bug that's lasted this long that is going to get fixed for either hoary or sarge.04:09
jbaileydaniels: Lovely.  Beau rves!04:09
jbaileyinfinity: In 6 weeks, I'll run screaming. =)04:09
infinityjbailey : I'm beginning to suspect it never got fixed at all.  And I don't think it is in 2.3.4 either.04:10
jbaileyinfinity: Nasty.04:10
infinityjbailey : The stars must have been aligned when gotom previously "fixed" it and we all signed off on it.  If I build a chroot from October last year, it's still there, and it's still there on current Sid.04:10
infinityjbailey : And Hoary, for that matter.04:11
jbaileyinfinity: I hate to say it, but then it's not a regression against Warty for us.  I'd truly love to fix it, but I don't have the time right at the moment to dive through the linker.  If it's in currenty 2.3.4 I can make it urgent for right after Hoary releases.04:12
jbaileyinfinity: If the fix is clean,  I can ever ask for it to go into hoary-updates and warty-updates.04:13
infinityjbailey : Yeah, I'll see what I can work up in my personal time.  I didn't assume it'd be Hoary-urgent either.04:14
jbaileyinfinity: Well, I would like to learn that part of the linker.  It was impossible for me to learn it in 5 minutes here and there around my previous IT job and gotom wound up tackling it.04:15
jbaileySo if you don't have time, don't feel bad. =)04:15
infinityThe only thing I feel bad about is the Woody->Sarge regression, but I'm more than happy just telling people to upgrade to apache2, which "fixes" the bug.04:16
jbaileyinfinity: Can you put something in bugzilla, and call it major and target it to 5.10?  It'd be nice to have running commentary if you do wind up working on it, and I can do the same there.04:16
jbaileyinfinity: If I can get it done before sarge freezes, I'm sure Steve will accept it. =)04:17
infinityjbailey : I'll do something about it in a day or so, when I'm back on a real network.04:18
jbaileyinfinity: Thanks.04:18
Mithrandirjbailey: any chance of getting the multiarch ld patch applied for sarge? :)04:18
jbaileyMithrandir: Yes, it's one of the dpatch's that I need to contrib back to Debian.  I have 3 or 4.04:19
jbaileyMithrandir: We went through the list as a group late last week.04:19
jbailey(On #d-glibc)04:19
Mithrandirjbailey: I'm just afraid of missing the freeze.04:19
jbaileySteve knows that it's coming.04:19
Mithrandirjbailey: oh, ok.  I didn't notice, was probably away.04:20
Mithrandirbut if you are handling it, I'll stop prodding04:20
jbaileyNo, it's all good feel free to prod. =)04:20
=== Keybuk [~scott@syndicate.netsplit.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mirak [~mirak@AAubervilliers-152-1-51-91.w82-121.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== herzi [~herzi@pD9E3C246.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbionemako: hey guys04:39
fabbionehey guys04:39
danielshey fabbione04:39
fabbionehey dude04:39
fabbionewhat's up?04:40
danielsnommuch, just about to upload a new xorg and head to bed04:40
fabbionenm.. just come back from a long walk around cph04:40
danielscool, where'd you walk to?04:40
fabbionedaniels: did you coordinate with mdz?04:40
danielsfabbione: he wants it uploaded asap04:40
danielsand this one works fine with the live cd04:40
fabbionedaniels: in the north part, beaches and stuff like that04:40
danielsand fixes a *lot* of bugs04:40
danielsah, awesome04:40
fabbionedaniels: ah ok :-)04:40
danielsi didn't get to see too much of the northern part while i was there04:41
danielsmainly down south04:41
fabbionethe north part is a bit far04:41
fabbioneboth by car and by public transport04:41
Mithrandirfabbione: I found my fleece neck, btw.04:42
danielsfabbione: ah, ok04:42
danielsthat'd be it, then ;)04:42
fabbioneMithrandir: ah good04:43
fabbionedaniels: ehehe04:43
fabbioneMithrandir: i was sure it wasn't in the car04:43
fabbionelet see.. this should be the final build for 386-xen0 :-)04:45
fabbionexen is nice, but it lacks support for a lot of stuff04:45
fabbioneKamion: around?04:48
fabbionedaniels: btw.. i had some weird ideas about the multiarse setup....04:48
Kamionfabbione: yo?04:48
fabbionedaniels: xen might solve most of our problems...04:48
danielsfabbione: i haven't played around much with xen, nor do i really know much about what it is ...04:49
fabbioneKamion: yo.. i did see the 2 d-i uploads, but didn't notice anything about sparc. mind to queue the silo ramdisk_size for the next one?04:49
fabbionedaniels: it's like an e10k in software. Hardware partitioning basically04:49
Kamionfabbione: what do I need to do?04:49
fabbione[main kernel]  <-> [N child kernels] 04:49
fabbioneKamion: for some reason the calculated size was too small (d-i -21)04:50
danielsfabbione: ah, crack04:50
Robot101if anyone can think of a cool PhD for me to do based around Xen, let me know :P04:51
danielsfabbione: so what, run one session in each kernel?04:51
fabbioneKamion: i think forcing it to 32Mb should be opk04:51
fabbionedaniels: yes, but each kernel has restricted access to assigned hardware04:51
fabbionedaniels: that would solve the problems configuring X for example04:51
fabbionedaniels: since it doesn't need to be special cased04:51
fabbioneon the otherside installation of a xen environment is more complicated.04:52
fabbionebut there are several benefits imho04:52
fabbionelike separate upgrades on each virtual machine04:52
Robot101fabbione: what's your particular application?04:52
fabbioneRobot101: for xen? right now i am evaluating the option to use it for my server04:53
fabbionethat is running N services, and split them in virtual machines04:53
fabbionekinda of very hard chroot04:53
fabbioneisolating domain0 for world04:53
fabbioneand allow access to it only via console04:54
fabbionethat could reduce the introsion to one execution domain04:54
=== Simira [~simira@56.80-202-210.nextgentel.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Robot101xen has attracted a lot of funding along these lines, and being able to migrate running domains between machines04:54
fabbioneRobot101: that too. i still need to investigate that option04:55
fabbioneright now i am making installable decent kernels :-)04:55
makofabbione: oi04:55
Robot101xubuntu! :)04:55
mdkeis jdub around?04:55
fabbioneRobot101: ehhe, as soon as hoary is out, i will upload the kernels04:55
fabbionemako: sorry.. i didn't want to disturb.. just a wrong tab completion04:56
fabbioneanyway there are still a lot of limitation for 2.6.1004:57
fabbionei need to check what's in bk04:57
danielsmdke: unlikely, it's 1am on a public holiday05:00
Simirafabbione: hi there! How's life?05:00
mdkedaniels, heh05:00
MithrandirRobot101: would xubuntu be ubuntu sans gnome, kde and just plain X?05:00
mdkedaniels, doesn't the same apply to you?05:00
fabbionehey Simira !05:01
Robot101Mithrandir: no, with xen so it runs all three at the same time! :)05:01
MithrandirRobot101: scary. :)05:01
fabbioneSimira: everything is fine, thanks! how was your holiday?05:01
Kamionfabbione: I'll see if I can find out why the calculated size was too small, first05:01
=== Mithrandir hugs Simira
Simirafabbione: wonderful, and a bit tiresome. Now we're home, at last.05:01
Simirafabbione: did Mithrandir tell you what he did last sunday morning?05:02
=== maswan prods elmo wrt setting up the syncproxy triggers
danielsmdke: yeah05:02
fabbioneKamion: sure, but since it is not important, please do not spend too much time. If it is hidden just force it to 3205:02
fabbioneSimira: no, he didn't :-)05:02
fabbioneSimira: what did he do?05:03
Simirafabbione: not? He proposed. I was dieing to tell you, but some other people should be told before others, so...05:04
fabbioneAHAH GREAT!05:04
=== fabbione hugs Mithrandir and Simira
fabbioneSimira: of course, i understand :)05:05
=== maswan congratulates Mithrandir and Simira too :)
danielscongratulations, guys05:05
Simirathanks :)05:05
=== Simira is very very happy now
fabbioneMithrandir: now.. didn't I teach you anything of life???05:05
fabbioneMithrandir: didn't you see ME while you were here?05:06
sabdflHAPPY EASTER everybody05:06
fabbionehey sabdfl !05:06
fabbionethanks same there05:06
Simirafabbione: he went out to get our kebab order ;)05:06
fabbioneSimira: ah ok :-)05:06
fabbionei will tease him later05:06
danielssabdfl: happy chocolate weekend05:06
Simirahappy easter, yes! :)05:06
mvothanks sabdfl, happy easter to you too :)05:06
ograhey sabdfl 05:06
ograhappy easter05:06
daniels(my little sister has been sugar-rushing all weekend; i don't like chocolate, so she grabbed most of the eggs i got from various people)05:06
Simirafabbione: you're welcome ;p05:06
fabbioneSimira: eheheh05:07
Simiradaniels: hey, I'll be glad to take them05:07
danielsSimira: sadly I fear they may perish in the process of getting to you05:07
=== ogra wonders if its the spirit of this channel...
ograMithrandir, Simira coangrats05:07
Simirathanks, all05:11
Simirafabbione: *sigh* a kebab costs almost three times as much here as in Copenhagen05:11
crimsunthat's wonderful :)05:11
fabbioneSimira: yay!05:11
danielsSimira: did you guys try the bella burger while you were in cph?05:11
fabbioneSimira: i love kebab, but i don't eat out so often..05:11
fabbionedaniels: no we didn't get to it :(05:12
Simirafabbione: neither do we05:12
fabbionedaniels: they were here only 2 days05:12
danielsahr :\05:12
Simiradaniels: nope. three days, btw. But still :p05:12
fabbionebella burgers ++05:12
danielsthose burgers are crack05:12
Simirabut we (I) got a lot of LEGO and DVD's05:12
fabbionethey are awesome05:12
fabbioneI got LEGO for easter :-)05:12
Simiralucky you!05:12
fabbioneinstead of the usual eggs05:13
Simirawe got red roses, from my parents :)05:13
fabbionemy wife seems to like the nerd inside me :)05:13
Simiraand safran and tea from Egypt05:13
fabbioneSimira: nice05:13
Simirafabbione: I bet she does05:13
danielsfabbione: i had the mosskito grill the other day, which was about eur14 (dkk64?) for something way way bigger than the bella burger ... sausage patty, skinless sausages, chicken, huuuuge pork ribs, capsicum, chips, and a couple of sauces.  finishing that was way harder than the double bella.05:13
=== tritium [~rimbert@ee213-dhcp-9.ecn.purdue.edu] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Leaving"]
fabbionethat sounds cool05:14
fabbione(106 DKK)05:14
danielsthey also have a chicken parmiagana that's pretty much bigger than my head05:14
fabbionewell that's not difficult05:14
danielsoh, 1eur -> 8dkk, not 605:14
fabbioneconsidering that is' empty05:15
danielsyeah, but that's maybe 50 dkk :)05:15
danielshaha ... it's empty, but very very big05:15
=== ogra gets hungry....
fabbionedaniels: tbh i think that if you have an idea, it would die of lonliness in your head :P05:15
danielsi love you too, man :P05:15
fabbionelet me take some coffee05:17
=== mdke [Matt@spc1-watf1-4-0-cust201.asfd.broadband.ntl.com] has left #ubuntu-devel []
sabdfli love the smell of chocolate in the morning05:22
=== OddAbe19 [~OddAbe19@pcp02542642pcs.lncstr01.pa.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
thomsabdfl: you never went to school past a mars factory, then05:22
=== Simira [~simira@56.80-202-210.nextgentel.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== srbaker [~srbaker@blk-222-52-156.eastlink.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirdaniels: I can courier chocolate from you to Simira, no problem. :)05:30
fabbioneMithrandir: bad boy!05:31
Mithrandirfabbione: I'm nowhere as fond of chocolate as Simira, so most of it would arrive safely.05:31
Simiramost of it...?05:32
fabbioneMithrandir: i am talking about you proposing Simira :)05:32
Mithrandirfabbione: oh, :)05:32
thomMithrandir, Simira: congrats!05:32
Mithrandirthanks to all of you :)05:32
fabbionedid you learn anything from our day in cph? :P05:32
Mithrandirfabbione: yeah, you have a lovely wife.05:32
=== fabbione sighs
Mithrandirso I wanted one for myself. ;)05:32
=== Simira looks over at the jumping coconut... ^_^
=== fabbione sighs again :)
Simirafabbione: no worries, I'll take good care of him05:35
Simirafabbione: and make sure he takes good care of me05:35
fabbioneSimira: if you are not going to do so, you might wake in the morning with a head of a horse in the bed :P05:35
Simirafabbione: I promise!!!!05:35
fabbionegood girl05:36
MithrandirSimira: just don't use multiple exclamation marks and all will be well. :)05:36
SimiraMithrandir: you wouldn't let him do that to me, would you?05:36
MithrandirSimira: *hugs*05:36
=== Mithrandir wonders if we should move to #ubuntu-love soon ;P
SimiraMithrandir: you didn't answer....05:36
MithrandirSimira: of course I wouldn't05:37
fabbionehmmm i think your life is going to DEVELop in a interesting way with the upcoming wedding ;)05:37
makomdz: around yet?05:38
=== sid77 [~sid77@ppp-243-174.30-151.libero.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sabdflhey mako05:47
makosabdfl: hola05:48
mdzmako: yep05:48
makomdz: wanted to know if you needed anything from me (e.g., release announcement) for the RC05:49
mdzmako: an announcement would be great05:50
makomdz: i told jane already but i'm probably going to be offline for 24hours starting this evening05:50
lu|sleepmako: driving to DC?05:50
makomdz: ok cool.. i'll do it today05:50
makolu|sleep: bus down, sleeping in front of the court, bus back :)05:50
lu|sleepI nearly emailed you on Friday about that05:51
lu|sleepI saw wendy's blog05:51
=== mako_ [mako@micha.hampshire.edu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
lu|sleep(see that last bit?)05:51
mako_ok.. maybe i miseed something there05:52
lu|sleep<lu|sleep> I nearly emailed you on Friday about that05:52
lu|sleep<lu|sleep> I saw wendy's blog05:52
mako_was i on wendy's blog?05:53
lu|sleepbut she is going down05:53
lu|sleepwell, going east for her05:53
mdzmako_: what's gonig on at the court?05:53
mako_oh yeah, tons of people are going down05:53
mako_mdz: grokster v. mgm05:53
lu|sleepI had an inkling you might do the same05:53
=== kain [~kain@ip-72-109.sn2.eutelia.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mako_probably the most important technology case in front of the supreme court since betamax05:53
mako_i figured i needed to go :)05:54
mako_lu|sleep: my friend seth has been pestering me to go for MONTHS05:54
=== decko [~decko@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
lu|sleepfinkelstein? or a different seth?05:55
mako_eff technologist05:55
mako_i also know finkelstein and he may also be there, but we're not really good friends05:55
lu|sleepyeah, I know of seth schoen05:56
mdzjbailey: ping?05:56
mako_nice :)05:56
mdzsabdfl: welcome back05:56
Kamionmdz: I'm finishing up the weekend's round of installer translations now05:57
danielsmdz: good morning05:57
=== mako__ [mako@micha.hampshire.edu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzdaniels: morning, is 6.8.2-6 on the way up?05:58
danielsmdz: working its way there, yes05:58
Kamion-msgstr "Whlen Sie den nchsten Installationsschritt:"05:59
Kamion+msgstr "Whlen Sie den nchsten Installationsschritt:"05:59
Kamionargh, what has happened to the encoding in this file? it's not just UTF-8 encoding of ISO-8859-15, I don't think05:59
lu|sleepmako__: your network problems are worse than mine06:00
=== mdke [~matt@mdke.user] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdkehi guys. for the last two days i've had MD5SUM mismatch errors when I apt-get update from the main ubuntu mirror and the gb. mirror. Just tried the us mirror and it works06:02
mdkeis this worth reporting anywhere?06:02
=== wasabi__ [~wasabi@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mako___ [mako@micha.hampshire.edu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdkeanyone know?06:10
truluxmdke: same here, solved now06:11
truluxit seems at least06:11
mdkegb still has that issue06:13
makoman, i never liked those guys anyway06:15
=== winkle [~winkle@lgh3814234.vittran.norrnod.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== xuzo [~xuzo@81-203-41-93.user.ono.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mantienamdz: hi, you told, that udev config file patch for firewire device (see bug #3609 ) should be applied to ubuntu hoary, but it seems firewire devices still doesn't work with ubuntu :( Maybe you could apply fix from bug #3609 to udev package ?06:21
=== herzi [~herzi@pD95D2C3C.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128Kamion: when have you planned to do translations update for the installer ?06:22
fabbionemantiena: afaik jbailey is looking at it06:23
=== kent [~kent@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dholbach [~daniel@td90919f9.pool.terralink.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mantienafabbione: really ? it would be very nice to have working firewire in ubuntu ;)06:25
fabbionemantiena: you mentioned this bug already several times. yes, it will be fixed for hoary. don't worry06:27
=== Mitario [~michiel@sikkes.xs4all.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mvohey Mitario 06:28
Mitariohi everyone06:28
Mitariohi mvo :-)06:28
mvoMitario: what was the url for your update-manager website again :) ?06:30
mvoMitario: I was asked about it today and I couldn't remember :/ (and I'm away from my home-computer)06:30
=== xuzo [~xuzo@81-203-41-93.user.ono.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mitariomvo, the website is a bit messed up atm :( sorry, i'm moving some pages to a wiki06:32
Mitariomvo, the page was hosted at my weblog, but i've been working on it this week06:32
Mitariohowever if he's looking for a tarball, then it's still http://eyesopened.nl/~michiel/update-manager/06:33
mdzmantiena: if you are concerned about bugs in Hoary, please consider ones with severity 'critical' first06:33
mvoMitario: ok, thanks06:36
=== jani [~pet@Home03207.cluj.astral.ro] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Seveaz [~seveas@seveas.demon.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mantienafabbione: thanks for info06:48
mdzdaniels: to where are you uploading 6.8.2-6?06:48
mdzI thought you said the upload was in progress06:48
Kamionseb128: I'm doing them now, got your mail and will include that06:49
=== fgx [~fgx@host175-201.pool8258.interbusiness.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== xuzo [~xuzo@81-203-41-93.user.ono.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== thierry [~t@modemcable248.72-131-66.mc.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamionseb128: oh, I see that's only base-config06:51
Kamion+"Certains logiciels limits peuvent fonctionner avec Ubuntu. Bien qu'ils ne "06:52
Kamion+"fassent pas partie de Ubuntu, les outils habituels peuvent tre utiliss "06:52
Kamionseb128: should that be "... pas partie d'Ubuntu"?06:52
seb128it is06:53
Kamionok, I'll make sure that's changed throughout base-config06:53
seb128I'm sending shadow now, and I'll start installer-po then06:53
KamionI'll go out to the shops before doing the upload orgy then06:54
seb128hum, I've used a "de Ubuntu", or that's an auto-change from Debian ?06:54
seb128k, thanks06:54
Kamionthat was almost certainly my fault when branding06:54
danielsmdz: the upload itself is not actually in progress, no; i had to tweak one variable, as it happened06:54
danielsmdz: if i'd already uploaded it, i'd not still be awake06:55
seb128mdz: hi. Can we get a "REOPEN" in bugzilla ? :)06:55
danielshopefully this build will be quicker now that I haven't got a gnome-terminal session leaking 500MB of ram06:55
=== daniels glares at seb128.
danielsseb128: g-t!  leaky!06:56
mdzseb128: bugzilla already has a REOPEN06:56
seb128mdz: since when ?06:56
danielsseb128: errr, we've always had reopen06:56
mdzseb128: since we installed it06:56
danielsseb128: with a reopened state, as well06:56
mdzand before06:56
xuzoi found a partial fix for the close-lid-crashes-x (#6993)06:57
mdzxuzo: great, please add the information to Bugzilla06:58
seb128daniels, mdz ? from NEEDINFO I've: ASSIGNED, UPSTREAM, FIXED/..., DUPLICATE, Reassign to, Reassign to QA 06:58
seb128my account is broken or what ?06:59
xuzomdz: I think my fix is not very... ortodox06:59
seb128I don't have a REOPEN, do you want a screenshot ? :)06:59
mdzseb128: you can only reopen a closed bug06:59
seb128yeah, and I want to reopen a NEEDINFO06:59
mdzseb128: how can you reopen a bug which is already open? :-)06:59
=== josue [~josue@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
xuzoi wish to comment it with someone07:00
seb128I don't want to ACCEPT it to get it out of NEEDINFO07:00
seb128I want NEEDINFO to NEW07:00
seb128even if that's not REOPEN07:00
mdzok, I understand07:00
seb128I mean user provide details, that's not a NEEDINFO, I don't want to ACCEPT IT .. so what ?07:00
danielsi think if you reassign it to someone random, then back to yourself, it should land in NEW (and not ASSIGNED)07:00
mdzif details are provided and the report is complete, why not ACCEPT?07:01
seb128because it's not for me07:01
seb128ACCEPT mean that I'm going to fix it07:01
danielsxuzo: if you provide the details of the fix on the bug, then that will probably help me find out what the real problem is07:01
mdzseb128: I don't think we should put more work into fixing bugzilla's workflow, when we will be moving to Malone soon07:01
mdzseb128: MOTU are already using malone07:01
xuzodaniels: I'm adding a comment at this moment on bugzilla07:02
danielsxuzo: ok, thanks07:02
danielsseb128: (the other hackish 'solution' is to close the bug and then reopen it)07:04
seb128daniels: atm I leave them as NEEDINFO and forget about them, which is not ideal :/07:05
xuzodaniels: done07:07
thomredhat's bugzilla auto takes it out of needinfo and returns it to the previous state when more info is added, i believe07:07
danielsxuzo: thanks07:07
fabbionemdz: i think 6531 can be closed from our bugzilla07:07
danielsxuzo: oh, fglrx07:08
danielsxuzo: fglrx is really broken with suspending anyway07:08
mdzfabbione: 6531 is a bazaar bug07:08
danielsxuzo: but i think that specific bug has been fixed upstream in a newer version, regardless07:08
danielsmdz: getting an xorg-driver-fglrx module in bz would be nice07:08
fabbionemdz: well malone claims that the bug is Severity Normal07:11
fabbionemdz: i think we should at least allign the 2 :-)07:11
mdzdaniels: hmm, my component sync tool doesn't look at restricted yet07:11
mdzfabbione: let's worry about Ubuntu bugs, and let the Arch team worry about Bazaar bugs :-)07:12
fabbionemdz: yes.. but due to the former that i found the latter :-) and reducing critical or higher from 10 to 9 looks nicer :)07:12
Kamionseb128: thanks, merged both base-config and shadow translations07:13
fabbioneinfinity: ping?07:14
=== xuzo [~xuzo@81-203-41-93.user.ono.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ggi [~ggi@ggi.base.supporter.pdpc] has joined #ubuntu-devel
danielsfabbione: it's 031407:14
truluxare there any thoughts on upgrading PAM for Breezy?07:14
=== marcin_ant [~marcin@www.e-dev.tele2.pl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzfabbione: limit your search to product 'Ubuntu'07:14
fabbionemdz: yeah that too07:15
seb128Kamion: thank you. base-config should here in ~20min07:15
xuzodaniels: you are right, the problem is fglrx, now I am using "ati" driver and lid.sh works fine, chvt include. Sorry about the false alarm :(07:15
danielsxuzo: no worries07:15
mdzdaniels: xorg-driver-fglrx added07:16
=== pitti [~martin@box79162.elkhouse.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== fabbione bootstrap a new and fresh chroot
fabbionehey pitti07:17
truluxpitti: heya07:17
pitti'lo everybody07:17
fabbionepitti: where is my daily dildo? ;)=07:18
truluxfabbione: it's connected to the 2nd usb port07:18
seb128Kamion: installer I mean07:19
ogramdz, just fixing the last remaining bug in hwdb-gui before i get on with the server/client code, could you post the output of "cat /proc/asound/card0/id", since i got no card around where it occurs...07:20
danielsdaniels@catsby:~% cat /proc/asound/card0/id07:20
fabbioneFLY SPARC!07:20
mdzmizar:[~]  cat /proc/asound/card0/id07:21
fabbioneit's building universe at light speed and main is all synced07:21
ogradaniels, yeah, yours looks good, mdz has a (rev 0) anywhere behind the name...07:21
ogramdz, thats all ??07:21
mdzogra: yes, I guess it's an ALSA problem then07:21
=== Goshawk [~Goshawk@host190-122.pool8249.interbusiness.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograok, so i consider that one fixed for hwdb-gui then :-D07:21
fabbioneofftopic: earth quake in indonesia07:22
ograyippie, on to the server code07:22
mdzclient/server is more important than any UI issues at this point; that is the top priority07:22
makomdz: so, i just got an email to info@ubuntulinux suggesting that we just build ubuntu on gentoo07:22
ogramdz, starting now....and wont stop until its done07:22
makomdz: should i add this to the TB agenda? :)07:22
mdzmako: I got a bug report that we should just use autopackage instead of the existing packaging tools07:22
zulmako: umm..no..07:23
danielsfabbione: shit, hit in the same place again07:23
fabbionedaniels: yes and it has been pretty hard.07:23
fabbione MAGNITUDE   -  8.507:23
thommdz: we have two days to RC, plenty of time07:23
makomdz: is it possible for a bug report itself to be a bug07:23
fabbionethom: isn't RC tomorrow?07:23
mdzwe're building RC tomorrow for release Wednesday07:23
=== mako nods
pittifabbione: sorry, no new crack today for you :-)07:24
fabbionemdz: ah... ok.. and i was holding up -32 because i had the idea that it was tomorrow07:24
fabbionemdz: well with +24 hours we can get -32 in for RC and i am happy with it for final07:24
mdzfabbione: consider it tomorrow07:25
fabbionemdz: ok.07:25
mdzbecause we do not want to be making changes tomorrow while we are building and testing07:25
=== fabbione will hold up
fabbionemdz: sure, but i can test/upload this evening. in both cases i am happy as it is07:25
mdzfabbione: there is time to upload -32 today if it is simple and safe07:25
fabbionemdz: want to see changelog and diff?07:26
fabbioneKamion: do you plan a d-i upload tomorrow?07:26
Goshawkdoes anybody know something about this problem? (t_kernel_font: invalid argument) (during boot)07:26
Goshawkit seems a error of k7 ubuntu kernels07:27
=== justdave [~dave@] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Poof"]
=== fabbione mumbles
fabbionemdz: i will wait with -32, just in case something else shows up.07:33
fabbionemdz: one day won't make the difference07:33
fabbioneand rush is not wise at this point in time07:33
fabbionepitti: thanks :-)07:33
makook.. we have the names of the images for kubuntu been changed yet?07:34
makoi got a report today about a mirror who has already screwed them up07:35
makothe guy only figured it out because of the md5sum07:35
lamontmako: I see no evidence of a change07:39
makolamont: neither do i.. but i heard it talked about07:40
makoi sent a message to the admins07:40
makomy complaint has been lodged07:40
seb128Kamion: is "Kill switch enabled on ${iface}" visible during the standard installation ? I don't understand it07:43
fabbioneelmo: ping?07:44
danielsseb128: depends -- it's wireless stuff07:44
danielsseb128: some wireless chipsets have a hardware switch that completely disables the wireless interface; this is called the kill switch07:44
seb128oh, thanks07:45
=== opi [~emil@chi28.neoplus.adsl.tpnet.pl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
truluxdaniels: some laptops have problems with it, people talk sometimes on the need of booting with winxp and rebooting into GNU/Linux for being able to use the wireless card07:45
fabbionehey lamont 07:45
truluxdaniels: are those issues solved?07:46
danielsmdz: there you go, xorg 6.8.2-6 uploaded to jackass.07:46
danielstrulux: should be, yeah (with hoary, at least)07:46
lamontmorning fabbione 07:46
=== daniels goes to pass out in bed, instead of occasionally falling asleep in his chair.
fabbionedaniels: good night :-)07:46
Lathiatdaniels: its better in my timezone its only 1:46 :)07:46
pittilamont: #8277 -> may it be that the blacklist does not contain kde-i18n-* on some buildds?07:46
fabbionelamont: i am taking a look at 784607:47
truluxdaniels: good :)07:47
=== moquist_ [~moquist@pool-70-16-196-6.man.east.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
lamontpitti: a couple do not.  but then a couple of adjacent buildds have it twice to make up for it... :-(  Fixing07:51
lamontpitti: fixed07:52
pittilamont: great, thanks07:52
pittiamu: here?07:52
pittiamu: can you please reupload kde-i18n to get an unstripped version?07:54
amupitti: ah, now i remember why i'm looking for you some hourse ago :)07:55
pittiamu: I reassigned #8277 to you as a reminder07:56
amupitti: will tell haggai about it, the did the last upload 07:56
pittiamu: okay, please re-reassign then :-)07:56
lamontfabbione: no evidence in daemon.log to indicate two buildd's running - just double checked07:57
fabbionelamont: i am just curious to see if i can reproduce it or something.07:58
fabbionelamont: if 3/3 can't reproduce, we can atleast downgrade the severity07:59
lamontfabbione: yeah, certainly07:59
carlospitti, amu: kde i18n setup is going to be "funny" while we add support in Rosetta for it07:59
=== carlos is scared
fabbionelamont: i just forgot to update my box in ages :-) it's taking time to get to debootstrap and do a clean chroot :)08:00
lamontusually a good idea08:01
lamont358 upgraded, 13 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.08:01
lamonthrm... sounds like about time here, too08:01
=== lamont dist-upgrades
=== lamont grumbles at xorg
lamont-6 better fix things...08:03
Kamionfabbione: probably tonight08:09
Kamionseb128: the string immediately following that one has more detail, too08:09
fabbioneKamion: ok thanks. but i decided to wait for the kernel after RC08:09
=== mvo needs to leave now
=== mxpxpod [~bryan@wuw-ojr3gmca.dybb.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Kamion [~cjwatson@host81-153-126-219.range81-153.btcentralplus.com] has left #ubuntu-devel ["reboot"]
=== Goshawk [~Goshawk@host190-122.pool8249.interbusiness.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128Kaloz: yeah, I've sent an updated po, I didn't now about this switch08:21
=== maskie [~maskie@196-30-109-52.uudial.uunet.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzlamont: ETA for xorg builds on first-class citizens?08:30
mdzI'll want to roll cloop and livecd builds immediately after08:30
=== luis_ [~louie@dsl092-088-227.bos1.dsl.speakeasy.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
lamontmdz: 20:03 for amd64, possibly i386.  20:33 for ppc08:32
luis_so I'm getting one in a couple hours; I'll miss any dinner plans, I guess08:33
mdzlamont: thanks08:33
mdzlamont: can you start a cloop build as soon as 6.8.2-6 is visible to the cloop builders?08:33
lamontxorg_6.8.2-6_20050328-1906               00:50:11 (2 entries, sigma 00:22:27)08:34
lamontxorg_6.8.2-6_20050328-1906               00:40:38 (7 entries, sigma 00:02:59)08:34
lamontxorg_6.8.2-6_20050328-1906               01:07:42 (3 entries, sigma 00:00:12)08:34
lamontis i386,amd64,ppc08:34
mdz20:33 + epsilon or whatever08:34
lamontand not that you care, but ia64 is: xorg_6.8.2-6_20050328-1906               02:26:22 (2 entries, sigma 00:02:04)08:34
lamontmdz: will do08:34
lamontubuntu and kubuntu, or just ubuntu?08:34
mdzboth, but I'll want to know when ubuntu is done, and kubuntu can lag08:35
lamontyou want them launched as that arch is ready, or launch all 3 at once?08:35
=== lamont plans on former
=== shaya [~ubuntu@user-0ccembr.cable.mindspring.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
shayaanyone know if its possible to save aptitude settings (i.e. packages that are marked A) and restore on another compuer ala dpkg --get-selections --set-selections08:37
Lathiatshaya: Wrong place for such questions, try #ubuntu08:41
=== frinkillo [~frink@81-203-105-134.user.ono.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nohar [~nohar@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Kamion [~cjwatson@host81-153-126-219.range81-153.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== shaya [~ubuntu@user-0ccembr.cable.mindspring.com] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Leaving"]
mdzlamont: doesn't much matter; I'll wait for all of them to be ready to roll the CDs08:51
lamontmdz: Ok08:51
=== lamont mumbles something about hating uidev
Treenakslamont: poke Md08:57
Kamionseb128: installer translation merged, thanks08:58
Kamionupload time08:58
=== opi [~emil@chi28.neoplus.adsl.tpnet.pl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
lamontTreenaks: first I have to figure out what I really want it to do.08:58
lamontof course, WTH does anything wind up Build-Depending on it, I do not know08:59
frinkillommm a little question: are there plans in Ubuntu to implement something like Redhat's Stateless Linux? (http://people.redhat.com/~hp/stateless/StatelessLinux.pdf)09:07
Kamionmdz: please merge colin.watson@canonical.com--2005/casper--translations--0 up to patch-1009:10
=== fabbione giggles at 8312
fabbionemdz: i think you really want to explain to the submitter that he needs to read the run level specitications09:14
zygahas anyone seen mvo lately?09:14
fabbionezyga: he was online not too long ago09:15
seb128Kamion: np, thank you09:17
seb128zyga: he was here 1 hour ago09:17
zygaah, thanks 09:18
=== froud [~froud@ndn-165-144-136.telkomadsl.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-devel
froudseb128: ping09:20
froudseb128: can you join #ubuntu-doc09:21
zygahmm how many #ubuntu-* are there?09:22
froudzyga: a few to many :-)09:23
froudzyga: my Konversation is lit up like a xmas tree. Flashing everywhere09:23
=== fabbione heads to sleep
lamontmdz: so, for the moment, the only viable solution (for between now and release), is to either (a) install udev and its depends in the chroot and then undo the udev postinst, or (b) drop kde entirely :-(09:23
lamontso I did (a)09:23
fabbionecya tomorrow guys09:23
zygaKonversation? oh crap save us from appliKations09:24
=== lamont goes to track down exactly why kdeaddons build-depends udev, so he can hurt something
zygalamont: good luck09:24
=== froud urges zyga to come to kubuntu :-)
mdzKamion: casper 0.60 uploaded09:25
Kamionmdz: thanks09:26
Kamionmdz: my plan for tonight is: upload all translation updates (in progress); go to pub, have curry in attempt to get rid of sinus pain in most pleasant way possible; come back, upload debian-installer one way or another; build CDs09:27
mdzKamion: what time do you think the d-i builds will happen?09:28
mdzKamion: I'm currently planning to build&test live CDs as soon as lamont says they're ready09:28
Kamionmdz: maybe 23:30 UTC under that plan09:29
mdzok, I'll proceed then, since I should be ready well before then09:29
Kamionmdz: if you want to trigger a d-i build yourself at around 22:00 UTC (as long as there are no pending udeb build failures, which there shouldn't be), then that would be good09:29
Kamionoh, hang on, timezone's changed09:30
Kamioner ... make that 21:00 UTC09:30
mdzcloop builds should start at ~20:33, so we should be right in sync then09:30
mdzwe can do daily+daily-live at the same time09:30
Kamionis elmo around to do byhands?09:30
mdzand use your new d-i build for both09:30
Kamionand do you mind waiting until 22:30 UTC or so to start CD builds09:31
mdznot sure; he said he had plans for the holiday09:31
=== kent [~kent@c83-249-58-15.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzwhy delay until 2230?09:31
lamontdid london swithc off daylightsavings already?09:31
=== jani [~pet@Home03207.cluj.astral.ro] has left #ubuntu-devel []
Kamionmdz: because I won't be back from the pub until then :P09:31
mdzhmm,  I actually have an appointment this afternoon09:31
Kamionand I would like to give everything a once-over just to be sure09:32
mdzKamion: I'm going to be out from about 2000 UTC - 2230 UTC myself09:32
mdzso that's just fine09:33
lamontmdz: livecd builds launched - will double check in a minute to make sure they all got -609:33
Kamionlamont: yeah, we switched to BST on Sunday09:33
KamionUK and US are an hour out of sync for this week every year09:33
Kamionmdz: ok, great09:34
mdzso I won't be able to do an early set of live CD builds anyway09:34
Kamionlamont: -6 of which?09:34
lamontwell, +1hour to my times earlier, then.09:34
Kamionlamont: I'm trying to continue to think in UTC :-)09:35
lamontKamion: problem is, the DC machines are all on london time, not UTC... hence I tend to just convert to london time09:37
mdzthey ought to be on UTC :-P09:38
Kamionok, all installer translations uploaded; I'm off for a few hours09:38
lamontmdz: all building with -609:39
lamont(and past at least fetching xserver-xorg...)09:39
=== froud [~froud@ndn-165-144-136.telkomadsl.co.za] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Konversation]
=== claude [~claude@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachseb128: what about chucking out gtkhtml3.0?09:42
seb128feel free09:42
dholbachseb128: gnomesword doesnt like 3.6 :-/09:43
dholbachbut that seems the only problem09:43
seb128that's a main package ?09:43
Robot101seb128: got any opinion on gaim spellcheck language patches?09:44
seb128Robot101: not really looked on what it does yet09:45
Robot101mine takes LC_MESSAGES and uses it as the dictionary09:45
Robot101IME people complaining about "dictionary is not in my language" outnumbered people who have subsequently complained "dictionary insists on being in my language"09:46
Robot101upstream disagree and don't want a locale-based patch that won't work on windows (?!)09:46
ogradholbach, seb128 but its a very popular package09:46
Robot101(ie SeanEgan is a tool)09:46
seb128ogra: but not maintained ?09:46
dholbachogra: we're talking about gtkhtml3.0 - there is gtkhtml3.6 already09:47
dholbachogra: or are you talking about gnomesword?09:47
ogradholbach, seb128 there was a looong thread on -users about gnomesword, it would be a pity not to have it in hoary too09:47
ogra(even if i dont read the ible....there are many people wanting it)09:47
dholbachi see09:47
ograbible even09:47
dholbachwell leave it in09:48
seb128ogra: that's not the question, the question is to know if somebody has made it work with a recent gtkhtml09:48
ogratry to fix gtkhtml3.0 if possible, universe still has some more days09:48
seb128gtkhtml3.0 is not to fix09:48
ograseb128, i dont know09:48
ograseb128, why; it once worked....09:48
dholbachi'll drop in a bugreport and we'll have to leave stupid gtkhtml3.0 in09:48
=== chris38-home [~Christian@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
lamontseb128: gal2.2 is b0rked on hoary/ia6409:49
lamontversioned build-deps are a _GOOD_ thing, dammit09:49
seb128how borked ?09:50
lamontcontain the string libhowl.la09:50
lamonthave a nice day09:50
seb128ogra: it works, we just want to drop 3.0 because the current version is 3.609:50
seb128lamont: binary NMU ?09:50
lamontseb128: don't ahve any of those in the archive at this time, and really shouldn't make any09:51
lamontbesides, it should really build-depend the right version of whatever gave it that illness09:51
seb128so what do you want to do ? upload a new revision saying "fix on ia64" ?09:51
ograseb128, but regarding the popularity of gnomesword i'd bite the the bullet leaving it in universe09:51
lamontseb128: the minimum would be a no-source-change upload (like you say)09:52
lamontor just declare it dead and not bother... that's an mdz call09:52
seb128lamont: we have talked about this, bumped all the GNOME package to the current gnomevfs version just to kick libhowl is bong09:52
seb128the apps require 2.6 and we ask 2.10 for nothing09:52
mdzia64 is not on my radar until after Hoary09:53
mdzin fact09:53
lamontmdz: exact;ly09:53
mdzKamion: please remove ia64 from the default architecture list for CD builds until after Hoary09:53
lamontmdz: another option for ia64 would be to have it just install server by default. :-)09:53
lamont(that much works...)09:53
lamontogra: I think that's a blanket 'don't worry about the package if ia64 is the only thing broken'09:54
ogralamont, which is a good thing currently...09:55
lamonti386 cloop finished10:02
lamontd-i uploads should (almost certainly...) be in the archive by :3310:02
=== moquist [~moquist@pool-64-223-174-152.man.east.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
lamontmdz: i386, amd64 done, ppc is compressing10:08
lamontand kubuntu livecd doesn't build (kdepim)10:09
Lathiatis changelogs.ubuntu.com what the update manager uses?10:14
lamont30009 root      27   2  565m 513m 3136 R 86.2 25.4   7:46.55 create_compress    10:14
thomlamont: yes10:14
thomuh, s/lamont/lathiat/10:15
Lathiatthom: cheers10:16
Robot101what sends the dbus events that update-notifier looks for?10:17
makouserlinux makes me want to cry10:17
LathiatRobot101: i thought it used gamin to watch the dpkg status files10:18
makothere are comments in the rules file rather than build-depends10:18
Robot101mako: hhhnrgh10:18
makoand no clean rule :-/ 10:18
makothese are metapackages!10:18
makothere aren't even real packages10:18
makoit's amazing how screwed up they can be10:19
lamontmdz: livecd builds on all 3 architectures10:20
ogramako, ping10:20
lamontthom: fwiw, you had me searching for context there for a minute... :0-)10:21
makoogra: yes10:21
Mithrandirlamont: I sat and looked through the mount source code today.  It'll be _neat_ if we pluginise it.10:22
lamontMithrandir: cool10:22
lamontsounds like something for right after hoary, eh?  would be nice to involve upstream as well10:22
thomKamion: *g*10:23
tsengmako: yo did you get my mail?10:23
Mithrandirlamont: yeah, I think upstream should be heavily in the process.10:23
thommust learn to read before hitting tab10:23
thomlamont: *g*10:23
=== lamont considers changing his nick to !!!
Mithrandirlamont: basically, all the file-system specific code can go away (or into per-fs-modules), so can the raid detection and a lot of other stuff.10:23
makotseng: probably.. i haven't finished my inbox for the day10:23
thom!!!: sounds good10:23
Mithrandirlamont: basically, mount is a lot of special-cases. :)10:24
lamontMithrandir: yeah10:24
lamontwith special sub-cases10:24
tsengmako: ok cool. new CoC signage10:24
makotseng: rad10:25
tsengi guess elmo needs to look at it too.10:25
=== robtaylor [~robtaylor@nat2.camtrial.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rjo [~jordens@rjo.developer.debian] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mvo [~egon@p5490231D.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Burgundavia [~Burgundav@S01060020ed20f68f.gv.shawcable.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
thomthe Simple theme is awful10:49
=== robtaylor [~robtaylor@nat2.camtrial.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograthom, its simple :-P10:50
=== Goshawk [~Goshawk@host190-122.pool8249.interbusiness.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sid77 [~sid77@ppp-27-172.30-151.libero.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
thommeh. and i can't make firefox work right with it. oh well10:52
=== Goshawk [~Goshawk@host190-122.pool8249.interbusiness.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ajmitch [~ajmitch@port163-60.ubs.maxnet.co.nz] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tseng [~tseng@thegrebs.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== aj [aj-irc@azure.humbug.org.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lifeless [~robertc@dsl-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== crimsun [~crimsun@crimsun.silver.supporter.pdpc] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdub [~jdub@home.waugh.id.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== thom [~thom@amnesiac.heapspace.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sto [~sto@sto.developer.debian] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128mdz: I've spoken with upstream about the gamin issue, he has no idea on the bug atm and that will need some debug. I've pointed pitti to him who has the bug easily on his box.11:02
=== ironwolf [~ironwolf@c-24-6-169-124.client.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== wasabi__ [~wasabi@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== OddAbe19 [~OddAbe19@pcp02542642pcs.lncstr01.pa.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== robtaylor_ [~robtaylor@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Mitario [~michiel@sikkes.xs4all.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stratus [~stratus@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ace2001ac [~acharles@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== maskie [~maskie@196-30-109-52.uudial.uunet.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Guilmonis there a way to get the raw editor file for the graphics for the gnome post-login screen?11:18
GuilmonI take offense at the "linux for human beings" ;)11:18
=== jamesh [~james@203-59-167-7.perm.iinet.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== xuzo [~xuzo@81-203-41-93.user.ono.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
lamontGuilmon: that's really a #ubuntu question, but gimp is your friend, I expect11:28
=== dredg [niall@malkovich.office.blacknight.ie] has joined #ubuntu-devel
zulhey lamont 11:28
lamonthey zul11:29
zulhow is it going?11:29
lamontgrumblingly well, thanks11:29
zulgood :)11:29
Guilmonlamont: how is that a #ubuntu question when sombody developed the image? ;)11:30
MithrandirGuilmon: there's a gconf key which points to the image; look under gnome-session stuff.11:30
MithrandirGuilmon: dude, if all that's developed is #u-d material, what would be the point of #ubuntu?11:30
GuilmonMithrandir: :) the user community? 11:31
=== herzi [~herzi@d093101.adsl.hansenet.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
lamontRemoving apache2-mpm-prefork ...11:33
lamont * Stopping web server (Apache2)...                                      [fail] 11:33
lamontinvoke-rc.d: initscript apache2, action "stop" failed.11:33
lamontGuilmon: this is the channel to discuss your patch to the image/change in the process, etc/.11:33
lamontquestions about the product are in #ubuntu11:33
=== motaboy [~motaboy@host116-36.pool80182.interbusiness.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sabmoc [~alex@d154-20-136-124.bchsia.telus.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sabmocwho would I talk to about getting support for setting up booths at confrences?11:41
tsengsabmoc: id start with mako11:42
GuilmonI think whoever created that image is a speciesist11:42
sabmocmako, ping re:confrence booths11:43
=== lamont looks around for thom, to hit him with apache2
Mithrandirlamont: wassup?11:44
Mithrandir(I'm not thom, but I guess I can be hit nonetheless)11:44
lamonttotal and complete UPS failure... gonna have to get a new one now...11:44
makodeb http://people.ubuntulinux.org/~mako/userlinux hoary main11:44
lamontapache doesn't want to stop11:44
makouserlinux packages isntallable on hoary11:44
lamontin a chjroot11:44
makopersonally, i wouldn't touch them :)11:44
zygamvo: ping?11:45
Mithrandirlamont: is /proc mounted?11:46
lamontMithrandir: specifically, if apach2 is _not_ running, and you say dpkg --purge apache2-mpm-prefork, it fails.;11:46
Mithrandirhm, that's kinda bad.11:46
MithrandirI don't think there's a bug filed about it, so please file one?11:47
Guilmonwhere I can email disputes?11:51
tsengGuilmon: disputes?11:52
tsengwith whom?11:52
Guilmontseng: yes, its an outrage. Somebody is a speciesist11:52
Guilmontseng: "linux for human beings"11:52
dholbachoh my11:52
tsengI think ill just ignore that.11:53
MithrandirGuilmon: if you don't like that, I don't think Ubuntu is for you.11:53
GuilmonMithrandir: I can simply change the boot image to say a more appropriate and non-speciesist phrase.11:54
schweebGuilmon: you're wasting these good people's time11:54
MithrandirGuilmon: sure, please do that, but it's not something which is appropriate or on-topic here.11:54
lamontGuilmon: file a bug at bugzilla.ubuntu.com, if you feel it needs to change11:55
Guilmonlamont: theres nothign else in ubuntu which I could call offensive since humanity means more than 1 definition of "being human" but also means being humane.11:55
lamontGuilmon: #ubuntu11:56
=== azeem [~mbanck@ppp-82-135-13-136.mnet-online.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!