lifelessajmitch_: just pull it12:05
lifelessajmitch_: then run path-to-it/bzr12:05
=== sivang hugs bzr for helping him to sort late night HUB madness.
sivanghave any of your gentelmans been able to have emacs happy under Xgl?12:07
Seveassivang, if emacs can't make me happy, I wont try to make emacs happy :p12:08
sivangWell, it keeps me happy pretty well, so I rally want to try and make it comfy for him under Xgl.12:09
ajmitch_lifeless: yeah, that just requires some effort :)12:09
ajmitch_and probably about an hour or so to branch it on this link12:10
netzmeistermy first Ubuntu Package..12:24
=== koke [n=koke@adsl229-164.unizar.es] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== basbryan [n=bryan@c-68-53-233-250.hsd1.tn.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== netzmeister is dancing around the table..
netzmeistercan anyone test my package?12:25
=== poningru [n=poningru@n128-227-48-188.xlate.ufl.edu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
kokewhere are the build logs now??12:25
tsengin launchpad12:25
koketotem is broken on dapper for ppc :(12:25
koketseng, where exactly?12:25
kokeI can't find the link12:26
tsengyou act like *I* can find things in launchpad12:26
kokeI'v found it once I knew it was there :)12:27
kokeerr, but it's hard without searching :(12:28
ajmitch_koke: launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/totem12:28
ajmitch_and select a version12:28
=== psusi [n=phreak@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
kokeI got it :)12:30
kokeit's only me or launchpad is hard to use??12:31
tsengi find it amazingly frustrating12:31
=== astronut [n=astronut@sfnc-162-39-87-143.sandhills.us] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Leaving"]
ajmitch_koke: no, most people are confused by it12:33
LaserJocksomethings seem cool, others are just terrible12:33
=== poningru [n=poningru@n128-227-48-188.xlate.ufl.edu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== derekS [n=derekS@cpe-66-108-44-139.nyc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
kokeI think mpt is doing a great job on UI enhacements, but lp grows too fast to be reviewed by only one person12:34
ajmitch_and mpt doesn't have the final say on things12:34
kokewho is also taking care of ubuntu usability, I presume12:34
kokeajmitch_, that's another point :)12:34
ajmitch_I haven't heard that he's doing ubuntu usability work12:35
ajmitch_hopefully I can catch up with him again soon12:35
kokeajmitch_, I just know he has filed some usability bugs I'm subscribed to12:35
kokemy problem is that I don't feel comfortable filing bugs agaisnt LP, being closed source12:37
kokemostly because I love to file bugs with patches :)12:37
=== ajmitch_ doesn't see that changing anytime soon
=== basbryan [n=bryan@c-68-53-233-250.hsd1.tn.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mgalvin [n=mgalvin@ubuntu/member/mgalvin] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachgood night everybody12:52
LaserJockcya dholbach, I like your -motu email.12:53
dholbachnice :)12:53
ajmitch_ah, now the uvf rules have changed again12:56
LaserJockof course ;p12:57
tsengoh jeez01:01
=== mgalvin [n=mgalvin@ubuntu/member/mgalvin] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== basbryan [n=bryan@c-68-53-233-250.hsd1.tn.comcast.net] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== mgalvin [n=mgalvin@ubuntu/member/mgalvin] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jaldhar [n=jaldhar@c-68-80-95-221.hsd1.nj.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dolsonif I have a kernel that I customize and want it to be the default kernel, what should the package name be? or in the Makefile, what should the ExtraVersion be?01:43
TheMusodolson: Are you using kernel-package to build the kernel?01:47
=== plugwash [i=plugwash@p10link.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dolsonTheMuso: yeah01:55
dolsonthe EXTRAVERSION is =.4 by default01:58
=== lakin [n=lakin@dsl-hill-66-18-228-60-cgy.nucleus.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zenrox [n=zenrox@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zakame [n=zakame@ubuntu/member/zakame] has joined #ubuntu-motu
zakamehi MOTUs :D02:32
LaserJockhi zakame02:33
zakamehi ajmitch_ LaserJock!02:34
=== hub [n=hub@toronto-hs-216-138-231-194.s-ip.magma.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== reggaemanu_ [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-118-171.w86-210.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== marcin` [n=user@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lakin [n=lakin@dsl-hill-66-18-228-60-cgy.nucleus.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cyberix_ [n=cyberix@hoas-fe36dd00-251.dhcp.inet.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== SloMoSnail [n=slomo@p5486FEFA.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cyberix_ is now known as cyberix
bmontyevening everyone03:08
dolsonhey bmonty03:12
LaserJockhi bmonty03:12
bmontyhey LaserJock, dolson03:13
dolsonLaserJock: you get MOTU yet?03:13
LaserJockhopefully tomorrow 20:00ish UTC03:16
dolsonah, good for you03:16
ajmitch_LaserJock: sorry, I can't make it to that meeting either :)03:18
LaserJockwell, technically I can't make it until 21:00 as I have a meeting03:18
LaserJockhopefully I'll have a few more champions at tomorrow's meeting03:19
bmontyLaserJock: I'll try to be there03:20
dolsonI know I can't help in any way, shape, or form, but I'll hopefully be there cheering you on.. :)03:20
LaserJockbmonty: that would be great03:20
LaserJockdolson: thanks03:21
=== slomo [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockI'm really hoping \sh or crimsun will be able to show03:22
=== trulux [n=lorenzo@unaffiliated/trulux] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== reggaemanu [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-118-171.w86-210.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bmontyanyone working on unmet deps yet?03:48
=== trulux [n=lorenzo@unaffiliated/trulux] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitch_bmonty: sure, people have been doing that for quite awhile03:56
bmontyajmitch_: are people not updating the web page?03:56
ajmitch_bmonty: btw hi! :)03:56
ajmitch_bmonty: web page?03:56
ajmitch_do you mean the wiki?03:56
bmontyajmitch_: hi to you also :)03:56
=== ajmitch_ shudders
ajmitch_wikis should not have to be abused for such tasks :)03:57
ajmitch_and people probably aren't updating03:57
bmontyajmitch_: yeah, the wiki, I agree that it is not the best for the task03:57
ajmitch_and so the wiki pages get stale again03:57
bmontyI hope that launchpad will one day support some of these tasks03:58
ajmitch_'one day'03:59
ajmitch_seems to be the launchpad motto03:59
bmontyhey, its a 50% solution for about 20% of the tasks, still has a way to go04:02
=== mxpxpod [n=bryan@unaffiliated/mxpxpod] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== karlheg [n=karlheg@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== monzie [n=manish@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== karlheg [n=karlheg@] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Leaving"]
=== lakin_ [n=lakin@dsl-hill-66-18-228-60-cgy.nucleus.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== irvin [n=irvin@ubuntu/member/irvin] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== robitaille [n=daniel@ubuntu/member/robitaille] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== highvoltage [n=Jono@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dolson is now known as dolzzzon
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Lure [n=luka@clj46-234.dial-up.arnes.si] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
viviersf510 updating packages since last night07:04
KyralDid you *just* Dist-Up?07:05
viviersfprolly cos of glibc07:07
ajmitch_viviersf: and you're on a nice slow connection?07:16
=== Lure [n=luka@clj46-234.dial-up.arnes.si] has joined #ubuntu-motu
viviersfajmitch_, im in south africa :P07:18
viviersfshould say it all07:18
viviersfim getting 28.9 kb/s now07:18
viviersfwait till everyone starts working :(07:18
viviersfwill go to 4kb/s07:18
=== ajmitch_ needs blinkenlights
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zenrox [n=zenrox@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
viviersfajmitch_, im such an idiot07:47
viviersfi found out why there are 510 updated packages :(07:48
ajmitch_why is that?07:48
viviersfi didnt run apt-get dist-upgrade in the chroot :(07:52
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i577B02B7.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockdholbach: hi07:59
LaserJockdholbach: just got your bug comment on the copyright for ubuntu-docs07:59
dholbachyeah, i haven't had coffee yet - fear me in that state :-)08:00
=== dholbach hugs LaserJock
LaserJockdholbach: I couldn't figure out which way to go on that. I was sorta thinking along your lines but I wasn't sure08:00
=== LaserJock hugs dholbach back
ajmitch_hi dholbach08:01
dholbachLaserJock: I absolutely understand08:01
dholbachhey andrew!08:01
ajmitch_how are you this morning?08:01
ajmitch_where's the rest of the german MOTU cabal this morning? ;)08:01
dholbachstill a bit sleepy, but I'l hopfully be awake enough soon to get the (currently) 16 gnome tarballs packages08:02
=== dholbach running to get some coffee
=== ajmitch_ is still hacking away on code in .au
dholbachajmitch_: you test-built and installed f-spot?08:05
ajmitch_dholbach: of course08:05
dholbachajmitch_: how good does it work?08:05
ajmitch_works well enough for my personal use08:06
ajmitch_I'm in constant contact with upstream as well08:06
=== ajmitch_ hasn't put it in debian yet
ajmitch_nor have I done something for sqlite db migration08:07
ajmitch_however it's remaining in universe & so doesn't need to use sqlite 3 yet08:08
dholbachajmitch_: commented on it, let's see how the others see it08:09
dholbachand now I'm back to packaging :)08:09
ajmitch_thank you very much :)08:10
LaserJockyou guys seen wiki.ubuntu.com/Ebuntu?08:11
ajmitch_yes, I have08:11
ajmitch_he's been in here a few times as well08:11
ajmitch_it's probably in part due to my nagging that he put a big disclaimer on the checkinstall-mangled packages :)08:12
LaserJockI mean the wiki page specifically, I've talked with him but I hadn't seen any documentation yet08:12
jsgotangcoajmitch_, that is a good thing...indicating about checkinstall08:12
ajmitch_the wiki page was one of the first things he put up08:12
LaserJockah, I see08:12
ajmitch_jsgotangco: sorry, checkinstall is not mentioned on the wiki page, but it was in his mail to u-users08:13
jsgotangcoahh right08:13
ajmitch_I think it's about time for me to go offline for the evening08:15
=== Mez [n=Mez@ubuntu/member/mez] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockgoodnight guys08:21
LaserJockdholbach: I'll be trying for MOTU again at 20:00 UTC :-)08:22
ajmitch_night all08:23
dholbachnice :)08:23
dholbachnight ajmitch_08:23
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== G0SUB [i=ghoseb@unaffiliated/gnulinuxer] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Jeds_ [n=jonas@c-bb6fe055.56-1-64736c10.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jpatrick [n=patrick@ubuntu/member/jpatrick] has joined #ubuntu-motu
G0SUBjpatrick are you free now?09:12
G0SUBjpatrick can we do some bug bashing?09:13
jpatrickif you want :)09:13
G0SUBjpatrick hey, why not!09:13
G0SUBokay, let me find one ...09:13
jpatrickI'll be here09:13
G0SUBjpatrick btw, that day, you didn't put my name anywhere on your bug closing report ... how would I prove that I helped you then?09:14
jpatrickbecause they'll go to the bug and see your patch09:17
jpatricknext time I'll add09:17
G0SUBjpatrick heh, the patch was not mine ... that's the issue09:17
G0SUBand I didn't take credit away from the guy by putting in my name there09:18
G0SUBokay, no issues09:18
G0SUBjpatrick would it be okay if I put my name on the changelog and write ``patch from foo bar'' ?09:22
siretartmorning motus!09:29
Hobbseeevening siretart09:29
jpatrickguten tag siretart09:29
siretarthallo jpatrick :) - Hi Hobbsee09:29
Hobbseejpatrick: wie gehts?09:30
Hobbseedoesnt look to be spelt right...09:30
jpatrickgut (I guess)09:30
G0SUBjpatrick http://zope.gnowledge.org:8080/ubuntu/rtfm/09:43
G0SUBfixes Malone #3276709:43
Ubugtumalone bug 32767 in rtfm "Uninstallable (missing dependency)" [Normal,In progress]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/3276709:43
G0SUBjpatrick I just need 4-5 hours ... I will quash all motu-reviewers bugs today09:44
jpatrickG0SUB: what's your name so I can upload?09:45
G0SUBjpatrick Baishampayan Ghose09:45
=== Jeds_ is now known as Jeds
G0SUBjpatrick is it okay?09:55
jpatrickG0SUB: yep, just about to upload09:56
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@dsl54009E33.pool.t-online.hu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
phanatichi people09:59
jpatrickhi phanatic09:59
G0SUBclose the bugreport10:00
=== ealden [n=ealden@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Gervystar [n=gervysta@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
siretartdholbach: see invite10:06
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@cac94-5-82-229-219-55.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== netzmeister [n=netzmeis@p549F1509.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
G0SUBcan anyone provide me with a dapper pbuilder base.tgz ?10:11
G0SUBjpatrick if I provide you with just the patch, will it do?10:12
jpatrickG0SUB: https://wiki.kubuntu.org/PbuilderHowto10:13
=== tvo [n=tobi@5354EA9B.cable.casema.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
G0SUBjpatrick I know how to use pbuilder. it's just failing here for some reasons10:13
jpatrickno debug?10:13
G0SUByes, it fails at vim-common or something10:14
G0SUBjpatrick if I provide you with just the patch, will it do?10:14
StevenK_G0SUB: I can put a dapper base.tgz on the net if you like.10:20
G0SUBStevenK please do10:21
StevenKi386 or amd64?10:21
G0SUBthanks in advance10:21
StevenKG0SUB: http://wedontsleep.org/~steven/base-dapper-i386.tgz10:22
StevenKG0SUB: Keep in mind it's 56Mb, so it will take a little while.10:22
G0SUBStevenK I am on a fat pipe :)10:22
StevenKI'm not.10:22
StevenKYou'll average around 22KB/s, since that's what my upload rate will max out at.10:23
G0SUBjpatrick http://zope.gnowledge.org:8080/ubuntu/libccscript3/ccscript.patch10:24
G0SUBCloses Malone #3236310:24
Ubugtumalone bug 32363 in libccscript3 "libccscript3-1.0-0 has an unmet dep" [Normal,In progress]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/3236310:24
G0SUBStevenK I am maxing at 25kBps10:27
G0SUBjpatrick got it?10:31
jpatrickG0SUB: close bug report10:31
phanaticsiretart: if i have already filed an uvf request (some weeks ago), shall i report it as a bug on malone as well?10:32
G0SUBjpatrick i closed it in the changelog10:32
siretartphanatic: I'm sorry if I missed your request. Which package was it?10:32
jpatrickI don't think that closes it10:32
G0SUBjpatrick umm?10:33
G0SUB``Closes: Malone #32363.''10:33
Ubugtumalone bug 32363 in libccscript3 "libccscript3-1.0-0 has an unmet dep" [Normal,In progress]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/3236310:33
StevenKG0SUB: Let me know when you've finished, so I can remove it.10:33
G0SUBStevenK ETA is 30 mins10:33
G0SUBjpatrick can you explain what's the issue?10:34
G0SUBjpatrick all fine then?10:35
jpatrickG0SUB: yep :)10:35
G0SUBjpatrick :)10:35
phanaticsiretart: you haven't missed it :) it's gnome-rdp...10:35
G0SUBjpatrick do tell me when you become bored ...  I am going to bug you a lot today10:35
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-motu
siretartphanatic: okay. then its approved :)10:36
jpatrickG0SUB: I'm writing docs at the same time10:36
phanaticsiretart: shall i upload the new package to revu then?10:36
G0SUBjpatrick oh, I see ... but if I get somebody else to upload, I will relieve you :)10:36
siretartphanatic: whatever you thinks helps to get your package uploaded10:38
phanaticsiretart: i think i'll do it10:38
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-motu
G0SUBjpatrick http://zope.gnowledge.org:8080/ubuntu/xawtv/xawtv-diff.patch11:03
G0SUBCloses Malone #611011:04
Ubugtumalone bug 6110 in xawtv "Incomplete .desktop file" [Normal,In progress]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/611011:04
G0SUBStevenK download done ... thanks a ton! you can remove it now11:04
jpatrickG0SUB: I tried to patch that a few days ago, but I couldn't (tarball in a tarball)11:04
G0SUBjpatrick what tarball?11:05
StevenKG0SUB: No problem.11:05
G0SUBjpatrick just apt-get source and patch it11:05
G0SUBI could have given the debdiff itself ... but I am on Breezy atm11:06
jpatrickG0SUB: inside the .orig.tar.gz there's a .tar.gz11:07
jpatrickand I don't know how that works.....yer11:08
G0SUBjpatrick use pbuilder11:10
G0SUBsee the Makefile11:10
jpatrickG0SUB: interesting11:12
G0SUBdo this, just patch the extracted source and build it using pubuilder ...11:13
G0SUBsince the patch is just for debian/ anyway, it won't affect anything11:13
phanaticsiretart: http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=207611:15
G0SUBjpatrick are you looking at it?11:18
jpatrickG0SUB: yes11:18
=== rcliii [n=rcliii@cpe-65-26-158-102.cinci.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Seveas [n=seveas@ubuntu/member/seveas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
G0SUBjpatrick ping me when done, I will then move onto another bug11:21
jpatrickG0SUB: packaging src package now11:21
G0SUBokay, so I think there were no issues11:22
G0SUBjpatrick all done, right?11:34
=== Gloubiboulga [n=gauvain@ubuntu/member/gloubiboulga] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jpatrickbonjour Gloubiboulga11:39
Gloubiboulgabonjour jpatrick :)11:39
Gloubiboulgajpatrick, thanks for the uploads11:39
jpatrickno problem11:40
=== londo [n=londo@p54A52EF0.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
londohi there! I would like to ask a question regarding the configuration of DSL while installing breezy. Don't know if this is the right place for doing so, in case it isn't, would you mind pointing me in another direction? thanks!11:47
jpatrick#ubuntu ?11:47
londoOops, sorry, yes ubuntu breezy.11:47
londoOr rather, breezy and the upcoming dapper11:48
phanatichey Gloubiboulga :)11:50
G0SUBlondo please ask in #ubuntu11:50
phanaticlondo: this is not the appropriate channel to ask this imho11:50
Gloubiboulgahi phanatic :)11:51
G0SUBjpatrick http://zope.gnowledge.org:8080/ubuntu/xmoto-diff.patch11:53
G0SUBCloses malone #2849111:54
Ubugtumalone bug 28491 in xmoto "[patch]  X-moto has no .desktop file" [Normal,Unconfirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/2849111:54
londo@GOSUB, phanatic: thanks for the hint. But as it is a question on the way installation is done by ubuntu, i thought it might be appropriate. I don't have any problems with configuring dsl, but I gave ubuntu to some people which had major problems getting internet done. Could this be done easier in the process of the installation? I think it's one thing that really keeps people off using it. Mind you, if you say "no" I'll be gone in a min11:55
londoute :-)11:55
G0SUBlondo what exactly is the problem?11:56
jpatrickG0SUB: I'm on it11:57
G0SUBjpatrick great! you rock!11:57
G0SUBjpatrick I will be back in a while ...11:58
londohmm. I'm trying to get people to use ubuntu, because frankly, for most of them there is really *no* need to use windows, but if they encounter problems in such a basic thing as accessing the net, they might be held back. Would it be possible to integrate pppoeconf more neatly in the installation process?12:01
G0SUBlondo file an enhancement proposal bug in malone ...12:02
londogosub thanks, I'll try12:04
G0SUBlondo it's Gee-Zero btw ... :)12:05
phanaticraphink: ping12:09
raphinkwait a min phanatic12:09
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@cac94-5-82-229-219-55.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
G0SUBjpatrick is it done?12:12
jpatrickG0SUB: almost12:13
londoGOSUB: It's done, thank you for your help and thank you all for the great work you're doing! Bye12:14
G0SUBlondo you are welcome! thanks for loving Ubuntu12:14
londowell, it ain't hard to do :-)12:15
londoerr, gee-zero?12:16
G0SUBlondo G-Zero-S-U-B12:16
londoGOSUB: *g* ah, i see...12:17
jpatrickG0SUB: finish (lunch now)12:18
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
G0SUBjpatrick okay ... I will be back in 30 mins12:19
=== janimo [n=jani@Home03207.cluj.astral.ro] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
janimoGloubiboulga: Gauvain?12:20
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
janimolucas make up you mind ;)12:21
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jpatrickthis could take a while12:27
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
G0SUBjpatrick why?12:28
Gloubiboulgajanimo, hi12:28
G0SUBjpatrick oh, you mean lunch?12:28
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jpatrickG0SUB: i was talking about lucas12:28
janimoGloubiboulga: hi12:28
janimoI tried the packages12:29
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
janimoI have some observations12:29
janimooverall they're nice12:29
Gloubiboulgajanimo, I'm waiting for comments :)12:29
janimodisperf does not seem to work12:29
janimoin 4.2 it shows activity but here it does not12:29
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
GloubiboulgaI tried it yesterday, it worked12:29
janimoif it works for you we can assume it something local on my hd12:30
Gloubiboulgajanimo, I'll test again12:30
G0SUBGloubiboulga your patch for #847 is failing ... I am fixing it12:30
janimook, packaging issues: I think it may be better to install in /usr/lib/xfce4/panel12:30
janimoinstead of creating dirs in /usr/lib12:30
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
G0SUBmalone #84712:30
Ubugtumalone bug 847 in xsmbrowser "After installing xsmbrowser via Synaptic, no menu items in Gnome" [Normal,Unconfirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/84712:30
janimoI know mailwatch doers this now, I think I shlud change that12:30
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
janimoand diskperf -s in xfce4-xfce4-disperf-plugin :)12:31
GloubiboulgaGOSUB ok12:31
Gloubiboulgajanimo, I'll rebuild source package12:31
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Gloubiboulgajanimo, maybe I can use alioth svn then12:32
janimolike the .desktop files in /usr/share they should be under usr/lib/xfce4/panel12:32
janimojanimo, that would be great if it;s not too much trouble12:32
janimoI think those even use cdbs whioch is nice12:32
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
janimoat least some do, the ones which do not you could convert them :)12:33
janimoit's much cleaner and I intend to do that to the rest of the xfce packages as well12:33
Gloubiboulgaok, I'll do that12:33
janimoright now they're a mix of cdbs,debhelper and dpatch12:33
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
nomedhi janimo and Gloubiboulga12:33
janimoGloubiboulga: thanks a lot12:33
Gloubiboulgahi nomed12:33
janimonomed, hi12:33
=== asbin [n=asbin@aristote.asbin.org] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Gloubiboulgajanimo, np12:33
nomedGloubiboulga, i can help you on those pkges12:34
janimoGloubiboulga: all in all great work it would be nice if you were a motu ;)12:34
nomedif it's ok for you ..12:34
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
nomedand debian-xfce people told me thay'll use cdbs in future ..12:34
nomedthere is just xfdesktop that seems will not switch12:34
janimonomed, Gloubiboulga: I will put my bzr archive of current xfce 4.3 packages somewhere so we can all work on them12:35
Gloubiboulganomed, that would be great if you could help12:35
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
janimonomed, what do you mean xfdesktop will not switch?12:35
nomedGloubiboulga, i can12:35
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
nomedjanimo, xfdesktop will not use cdbs12:35
janimonomed, who said that? aren't they the same maintainers?12:36
Gloubiboulganomed, let's discuss this this evening before or after the meeting, I'll have to leave soon12:36
nomedjanimo, not exactly ...12:36
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
janimonomed, it says xfce debian maintainers here12:36
nomedi think the nick of the xfdesktop maint .. is KIBI12:36
janimoanyway that's not a big problem12:37
nomedjanimo, no12:37
janimoas long as most will use cdbs12:37
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
janimoGloubiboulga: before the meeting woudl be better to not overlap with the meetings12:37
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
janimolet's meet in #xubuntu at 18:00 UTC?12:38
janimonomed, as for icon theme, sabdfl just posted a mail to u.announce12:39
=== lucas_ [n=lucas@alabama.imag.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
janimoit may not match with our color pallette12:40
nomedjanimo, cool12:40
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@f1-pc174.ulb.ac.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
janimook so we meet in the evening12:43
Gloubiboulgacu janimo12:45
G0SUBGloubiboulga fixed your patch12:47
G0SUBCloses Malone #84712:48
Ubugtumalone bug 847 in xsmbrowser "After installing xsmbrowser via Synaptic, no menu items in Gnome" [Normal,Unconfirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/84712:48
Gloubiboulgathanks G0SUB :)12:48
jpatrickcurrently doing #33138 which is KDE which is what I specialize in - will look at that soon12:48
GloubiboulgaG0SUB, what was the issue ?12:48
G0SUBGloubiboulga it just didn't apply cleanly to the source ...12:49
G0SUBGloubiboulga I think you took a diff between an older source12:49
G0SUBor an older deb12:49
Gloubiboulgathanks for patching the patch ;)12:49
G0SUBGloubiboulga haha12:49
G0SUBGloubiboulga :) vote for me in the next CC meet12:49
GloubiboulgaFor membership?12:50
G0SUBGloubiboulga if I apply, yes12:50
Gloubiboulgawhen is the next CC?12:50
G0SUB7th march12:50
Gloubiboulga12:00 UTC...12:51
G0SUBas usual12:51
phanaticGloubiboulga: i just saw, that you're a member. congratulations ;)12:51
GloubiboulgaI think I won't be present12:51
G0SUBGloubiboulga whoops :(12:51
Gloubiboulgathanks phanatic :)12:51
GloubiboulgaG0SUB, sorry12:51
G0SUBGloubiboulga that's okay ... no issues12:52
phanaticG0SUB: i thought about applying too :)12:53
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
G0SUBphanatic by all means do ... if you think you can12:53
phanatici'm not sure yet12:54
G0SUBphanatic what's your contrib. so far?12:54
=== raptoid [n=raptoid@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
G0SUBjpatrick dude, please close the bug #28491 if you have uploaded the fix12:55
Ubugtumalone bug 28491 in xmoto "[patch]  X-moto has no .desktop file" [Normal,Unconfirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/2849112:55
Gloubiboulgaphanatic is *the* hungarian ubuntu guy ;)12:55
phanaticG0SUB: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SzilveszterFarkas12:56
G0SUBGloubiboulga I am _the_ Indian Ubuntero12:56
phanaticcool :)12:56
GloubiboulgaG0SUB, yep, just saw this :)12:56
G0SUBGloubiboulga where?12:56
GloubiboulgaG0SUB, on LP and wiki.u.c12:57
G0SUBjpatrick yours I have seen ages back ... and I am trying to emulate that :)12:57
phanaticjpatrick: congrats goes to you as well for becoming a member ;)12:58
G0SUBphanatic he's a MOTU now12:59
G0SUBhe became a MOTU from a member very quickly12:59
phanatiche deserves it ;)12:59
G0SUBno doubt12:59
jpatrickphanatic: thanks :)12:59
G0SUBjpatrick I need to patch my stomach with some food ... brb soon01:00
raphinkphanatic: I'm sorry I was in bugfixing01:02
phanaticraphink: no problem of course :)01:04
phanaticraphink: i just uploaded a new version of gnome-rdp since the uvf exception was accepted01:04
phanatic(uploaded to revu of course :))01:04
raphinkok I'll look at it later ok?01:05
raphinkcan you send me the url by email?01:05
phanaticthanks a lot01:05
=== janimo [n=jani@Home03207.cluj.astral.ro] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hobbsee_ [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
siretartdholbach: http://siretart.tauware.de/mldonkey/ are my new mldonkey packages. please test01:27
siretart(other testers may do as well)01:27
siretartdholbach: things to spot: does /etc/default/mldonkey-server really get that MLDONKEY_USER variable? is it correct?01:28
=== Hobbsee_ [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
siretartperhaps I should do more sophisticated checks in the init script: fail if $MLDONKEY_USER is unset to require the user to set it there01:30
G0SUBjpatrick are you done with the xsmbrowser patch?01:34
jpatrickI haven't finished kfocus yet01:34
G0SUBany other MOTUs here?01:35
jpatrickshould be01:35
G0SUBjpatrick let me find one :)01:36
=== Hirion [n=hirion@draugr.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== G0SUB is fixing Malone #1299 now
Ubugtumalone bug 1299 in librmagick-ruby "Image.read(filename) eats characters from filename" [Major,Confirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/129901:44
lucasG0SUB: what do you mean by "fixing" ?01:50
G0SUBlucas I am backporting the latest version to Breezy01:51
lucasplease note that uploads to breezy-updates have to be reviewed01:51
G0SUBlucas hmm, but that's the only way to fix it ... what to do?01:52
lucaslast time I asked, the infrastructure wasn't ready for uploads to breezy-updates01:52
lucasbut you could ask on #ubuntu-devel if you want01:52
lucas(soyuz, etc)01:52
lucas(it was one or two weeks ago)01:53
ograit should work now ... at least my update to ltsp (which was the first guinea pig upload to -updates after the change) is in the archive01:54
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ogranot sure hiw much manual intervention was required behind the scenes though ... might be that you have to poke somebody to trigger the copying from buildd to archive01:55
G0SUBogra any specific person to poke?01:55
ograbut up to that point it whould work automatically01:55
ograG0SUB, anyway, you need to get the package revierwed first by Kamin or mdz for -updates ...01:56
ogra-updates are a closed process based on approval :)01:56
G0SUBummf! too much pain ....01:56
ograif you want the quick path, use backports ...01:56
=== G0SUB drops the plan ...
ogra... but that requires that the package from dapper works unmodified in breezy01:57
G0SUBogra it most probably does01:57
ograjust make sure it *does* (probably isnt enough) and poke the ubuntu-backports mailing list to trigger a backport from the dapper package01:58
G0SUBokay, will do that01:58
G0SUBogra are you a MOTU?02:02
ograpartially, yes :)02:02
G0SUBogra partially?02:03
jpatrickthe boss02:03
ograsince i'm main developer i dont have much time left for MOTU anymore ....02:03
G0SUBogra heh ...02:03
ograjpatrick, a boss does something actively :)02:03
G0SUBjpatrick when will you be free again?02:04
jpatrickogra: right :)02:04
ograi'm rather the guy who cant leave his fingers from projects he likes, even if he has no time for them :)02:04
jpatrickG0SUB: soon - pbuilder isn't happy02:04
G0SUBjpatrick haha02:04
viviersflol ogra :)02:04
ogradholbach is more "boss" than me ... and even he will object that term :)02:04
G0SUBany MOTU here who's a bit free now?02:05
G0SUBlucas ?02:06
dholbachG0SUB: what are you looking for?02:06
lucasnope, I'm at work02:06
G0SUBdholbach I need a patch to be uploaded02:07
G0SUBI am trying to clear up all the motu-reviewers bugs02:07
dholbachif it's on motureviewers, it will get processed02:07
netzmeisterdholbach:  I have my first Package created! I'm happy.. ;-)02:07
dholbachnetzmeister: ROCKNROLL :)02:07
=== netzmeister is dancing arround the table..
G0SUBdholbach the processing is what I want02:08
dholbachG0SUB: yes, it's not something that "is lost" - it will get processed02:08
dholbachG0SUB: I'm busy too.02:08
G0SUBdholbach oh, okay then ... /me will wait for jpatrick :)02:08
dholbachpatience :)02:09
G0SUBdholbach actually, I am just taking the patches from malone and then testing/cleaning them up and getting them uploaded02:09
dholbachyeah, just attach your new patch to the bug and you are fine02:09
G0SUBmaking the job easy for the MOTUs02:10
dholbachThanks for yout work.02:10
G0SUBdholbach :)02:10
=== jpatrick pushes kfocus towards pbuilder
=== cyberix [n=cyberix@hoas-fe36dd00-251.dhcp.inet.fi] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== Seveas [n=seveas@ubuntu/member/seveas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== GNULinuxer [i=ghoseb@unaffiliated/gnulinuxer] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zakame [n=zak@ubuntu/member/zakame] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jpatrickhey zakame02:21
=== ogra_ibook [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-motu
zakamehi jpatrick02:24
zakamehi Morning02:27
zakameeste Kyral :P02:27
=== jinty [n=jinty@196-28-44-138.jhb.netdial.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-motu
freeflyingany motus here now ?02:29
Kyralso what option do I have to flip to get MetaCity's compositor going?02:33
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Mithrandirgconftool-2 /apps/metacity/general/compositing_manager --type bool --set true02:33
MithrandirI assume you mean spiftacity02:33
=== zakame is reminded to go drag his CPU to the cafe tomorrow
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@cac94-5-82-229-219-55.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Kyralyah that didn't work lol02:39
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zakame [n=zak@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== G0SUB [i=ghoseb@unaffiliated/gnulinuxer] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dolzzzon is now known as dolson
=== asbin [n=asbin@aristote.asbin.org] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== doko [n=doko@dslb-084-059-090-097.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== asbin [n=asbin@aristote.asbin.org] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== asbin [n=asbin@aristote.asbin.org] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== hub [n=hub@storm-gw.xandros.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== G0SUB [i=ghoseb@unaffiliated/gnulinuxer] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jpatrickhi G0SUB03:11
G0SUBjpatrick is pbuilder happy?03:11
jpatrickshould be this time03:11
jpatrickI found out what I did wrong03:11
G0SUBi see03:11
freeflyingjpatrick: hi03:12
jpatrickafternoon freeflying03:12
freeflyingjpatrick: may I upload package to REVU and send RFS to debian-mentors ?03:12
G0SUBSync Request03:13
azeemrequest for sponsor03:13
G0SUBoops, sponsor03:13
jpatrickwhy not?03:13
freeflyingjpatrick: really?03:14
jpatrickI have to get some packages sponsored too03:15
jpatrickI don't see why you can't03:15
G0SUBjpatrick is there any RFP equivalent for Ubuntu?03:17
G0SUBRequest For Package03:17
jpatrickhere's the wiki pages for package requests03:18
=== raptoid [n=raptoid@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
G0SUBlet me find it03:18
=== freeflying hope that one day ubuntu needn't sync or merge anyhing from debian
jpatrickit will03:22
G0SUBfreeflying why do you want that?03:22
freeflyingG0SUB: why shall merge or sync from debian ?03:23
G0SUBfreeflying so that the two projects can cooperate with each other?03:23
freeflyingG0SUB: I think ubuntu is ubuntu ,and debain is debian , we can cooperate in other ways after all , not merge or sync package from debain03:25
G0SUBfreeflying well, I like to think otherwise ... let's not reinvent the wheel here03:25
freeflyingG0SUB: why don't debian merge or sync anything from ubuntu ?03:26
G0SUBfreeflying iirc they do, sometimes03:27
lucasfreeflying: you don't seem to have a clear understanding of the issues here.03:27
lucasit isn't "debian versus ubuntu"03:27
G0SUBwhere is the RFP page for Ubuntu?03:28
ograG0SUB, UniverseCandidates on the wiki03:29
G0SUBogra thanks03:29
zakamegaah, REVU borks :(03:43
zakameit doesn't like lengthy replies :'(03:44
dolsonzakame: only use 2-digit dates plz. we need to save space03:45
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dolsonwhat the? why is the Candidates page all Kubuntu-ized?03:45
dolsonoh, I see now, lol03:45
zakamefreeflying: it does, for some patches03:47
freeflyingzakame: I see , I just hope that we needn't sync or merge from debian03:48
zakamedolson: huh?03:49
dolsonzakame: lame y2k joke... I'm tired...03:49
zakamedolson: hehe03:50
G0SUBdolson haha03:50
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@cac94-5-82-229-219-55.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jpatrick [n=patrick@ubuntu/member/jpatrick] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jpatrickG0SUB: what was the thing you wanted me to look at?04:12
G0SUBjpatrick http://zope.gnowledge.org:8080/ubuntu/xsmbrowser-patch.diff04:12
=== lbm [n=lbm@x1-6-00-13-10-7a-d1-e4.k233.webspeed.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
siretartif anyone wants to earn a beer, please try to get debians current mldonkey running in dapper :/04:18
zakameG0SUB: ah so you're the one who sent that04:19
G0SUBzakame is that broken?04:19
jpatricksiretart: what's wrong with it?04:19
zakameG0SUB: I'm actually doing that now04:19
G0SUBzakame oh, I see04:20
jpatrickzakame: you'll upload?04:20
siretartjpatrick: the postinst creates a bad downloads.ini and some helper tool parsing it fails afterwards, making postinst failing completly04:20
siretartjpatrick: http://siretart.tauware.de/mldonkey is my current state04:20
G0SUBzakame if you are free then I'd like to triage+fix atleast 5 more motu-reviewers bugs today04:22
zakamesiretart: putting that to my WorkStack04:25
zakameG0SUB: it's night here, but I'll triage tomorrow ;D04:26
G0SUBzakame heh, it's night here too ... but it's okay04:26
G0SUBjpatrick ?04:26
jpatrickI'll do it04:27
G0SUBzakame are you uploading that one?04:27
=== xerxas [n=R67894@AGrenoble-152-1-23-12.w82-122.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
G0SUBzakame ?04:28
G0SUBxerxas Bon Jour!04:29
xerxasbonjour G0SUB04:30
G0SUBxerxas is that one word?04:30
xerxasG0SUB: right04:30
xerxasit is04:30
G0SUBxerxas heh, my French is b0rked04:31
G0SUBjpatrick is that done?04:41
jpatrickoh I thought zakame was doing it04:42
G0SUBhe just left04:42
=== ubuntulog [i=ubuntulo@trider-g7.fabbione.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Topic for #ubuntu-motu: Ubuntu Masters of the Universe: Ubuntu Universe Repository Maintainers | http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU | http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Documentation | We are in feature freeze now. Focus on fixing bugs, malone is full of them.
=== Topic (#ubuntu-motu): set by siretart at Fri Feb 24 15:35:58 2006
jpatrickI've just finished a patch for the PackGuide04:54
G0SUBI see04:54
G0SUBjpatrick I have to leave now, will you take care of it?04:55
jpatrickright now04:56
G0SUBjpatrick okay, this is one more before I leave, http://zope.gnowledge.org:8080/ubuntu/xastir-patch.diff04:56
G0SUBcloses malone #218404:56
Ubugtumalone bug 2184 in xastir "Xastir error on libgdal1" [Normal,In progress]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/218404:56
G0SUBjpatrick kindly upload that too ... Good Night!04:56
=== gusaweb [n=gusaweb@FR-LIM-C3-06-087231074187.chello.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
G0SUBjpatrick thanks a lot ... I will be back tomorrow for more bugging :)04:57
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@f1-pc174.ulb.ac.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i577B09C2.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dolsonanother friend agreed to let me install Ubuntu on her system, all thanks to seeing an Xgl video, and learning about 8 versions of Vista :D05:06
dolsonshe is going to cook me steak to do it :) yummy05:07
KyralLucky BASTARD :P05:07
dolsonon the BBQ05:10
=== Hirion [n=hirion@draugr.de] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== abelcheung [n=abelcheu@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hirion [n=hirion@draugr.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== abelcheung_ [n=abelcheu@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== JohnnyMast [n=rave@84-104-9-27.cable.quicknet.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== G0SUB [i=ghoseb@unaffiliated/gnulinuxer] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hirion [n=hirion@draugr.de] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== Gloubiboulga [n=gauvain@ubuntu/member/gloubiboulga] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jpatrickhey Gloubiboulga06:09
Gloubiboulgahi jpatrick :)06:13
jpatrickGloubiboulga: I uploaded YaFix of yours06:13
Gloubiboulgajpatrick, thanks06:14
nomeddo you know how i can generate a patch for a deb that's using dbs ?06:15
nomedjpatrick, not exactly06:16
nomedthere is a tar.bz2 and a debian dir ...06:16
nomedthen it can use even cdbs ...06:16
jpatrickrepackage .tar.bz2 to tar.gz06:16
azeemnomed: just stick the patch into debian/patches for dbs06:17
azeemand hope it applies06:17
=== LaserJock [n=laserjoc@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has joined #ubuntu-motu
chillywillyanyone here running dapper?06:26
Gloubiboulgahi LaserJock :)06:27
chillywillyjust wondering if I should give it a spin on my workstation06:27
=== tvelocity [n=tony@ipa46.2.tellas.gr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockI've been using it for my everyday use since November some time.06:32
LaserJockchillywilly: it probably depends on what you're doing. for me it has been great since xorg and the kernel stabilized06:34
chillywillyI have a shuttle SK21G w/ 1GB RAM and an Athlon 64 3400+ proc running 64Bit Breezy Badger06:39
chillywillyjust want a newere firefox and such because the i686 one off moz.org doesn't work ;)06:41
=== Amaranth_ [n=travis@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
hubwtf does t-bird start epiphany instead of firefox06:45
azeemmutt does the exact opposite for me, which I hate06:46
chillywillycause of the default browser setting?06:50
hubchillywilly: no06:52
huball the other application behave properly06:52
huband I check the setting06:52
=== chillywilly goes for broke and does a dist-upgrade
azeemhub: could be mime settings06:54
LaserJockhi azeem06:55
hubsomething broke06:55
hubbecause it was working06:55
azeemhi LaserJock!06:55
LaserJockI'm going to need you to sponsor a new upstream of gausssum for me soon06:55
chillywillyoh I also have a 10k RPM WD Raptor in this baby06:56
azeemLaserJock: sure06:58
=== ogra_ [n=ogra@p5089E401.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Amaranth_chillywilly: Better make a lot of backups.07:03
Amaranth_chillywilly: WD sucks. :)07:03
chillywillyI have 6 months of incremental backups on the RAID array, but I've only heard good things about the raptor07:06
chillywillyonly thing I don't like about it is that it's a little noisy07:08
dolsonLaserJock: how many hours away is your ceremony?07:17
LaserJockdolson: lol, 2. but it might be a funeral ;-|07:19
=== plugwash [i=plugwash@p10link.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== G0SUB [i=ghoseb@unaffiliated/gnulinuxer] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== godiane_ [n=godiane@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== nlindblad_ [n=nlindbla@user179.217-10-120.netatonce.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jinty [n=jinty@196-28-44-125.jhb.netdial.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tvo [n=tobi@5354EA9B.cable.casema.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== iBalo [n=user@dslc-213-023-164-223.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mgalvin [n=mgalvin@ubuntu/member/mgalvin] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Gervystar [n=alessand@ip-124-244.adsl.cheapnet.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== godiane [n=godiane@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hieronymus [n=jeroen@cp413115-a.tilbu1.nb.home.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hieronymus [n=jeroen@cp413115-a.tilbu1.nb.home.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Lure [n=luka@clj46-234.dial-up.arnes.si] has joined #ubuntu-motu
chillywillyanyone know if there's a via unichrome driver that works with dapper's xorg?08:36
=== kyrel [n=kyrel@d80-170-93-184.cust.tele2.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
kyreli've a question :08:36
kyrelIs there a problem with the 2.6.12 kernel ? I'can't compile some programs because of the gen_crc32table.c file and/or the uint32_t type...08:36
=== fredix [n=fredix@85.65.97-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockhi fredix08:36
fredixhi LaserJock08:37
chillywillything I found it08:37
fredixLaserJock: thanks for the fix08:37
LaserJockfredix: np, took me a while but I figured it out ;-)08:37
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@tonio.planetemu.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
fredixLaserJock: hh :)08:38
=== sistpoty [n=sistpoty@ubuntu/member/sistpoty] has joined #ubuntu-motu
sistpotyhi folks08:40
Tonio_yop sistpoty08:40
Gloubiboulgahey sistpoty08:40
sistpotyhi Tonio_, Gloubiboulga08:40
Gloubiboulgasalut Tonio_08:40
kyrelcan you help me ?08:40
Tonio_salut Gloubiboulga08:40
sistpotywhat's your problem kyrel?08:40
sistpotyTonio_: you did the netswitch packaging, right?08:41
Tonio_sistpoty: yes, although I didn't have the time to correctly test them :)08:41
Tonio_Gloubiboulga helped on the gnetswitch part08:42
sistpotyTonio_: imo you should use library packaging style (-dev and lib package) for it...08:42
sistpotyTonio_: at least if there are other distinct sourcepackages, that depend on it08:42
sistpotyTonio_: otherwise the upgrade path might break08:42
chillywillylooks beautiful08:43
Tonio_sistpoty: I agree on that point08:43
chillywillyweird the thunderbird help dialog is missing the logo/icon on it08:43
Tonio_but the fact is that the -dev and lib might never be used, and well, I had so little time to package them..........;08:43
Tonio_3 packages in an hour........08:43
chillywillywonder if I should remove the existing profile08:43
Tonio_I'll do better with the bext version :)08:43
sistpotyTonio_: great :)08:44
Tonio_in fact on 22 at 16pm, the sources where completly crappy, and freeze was on 23 so..........08:44
kyrelsistpoty, while I try to compile some programs (geexbox, mplayer or even the linux 2.6.12 kernel) an error occured with the gen_crc32table.c file that don't recognize uint32_t type.08:44
LaserJockhi sistpoty08:45
sistpotyhi LaserJock08:45
kyrelsistpoty, gen_crc32table.c is a file from the kernel sources08:46
sistpotykyrel: hm...08:46
=== godiane [n=godiane@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
kyrelsistpoty, and the mplayer compilation fails because of th uint32_t type too08:46
Tonio_sistpoty: do you think that is a reason to reject them ?08:46
sistpotyTonio_: not quite sure about that... don't know the exact policy for the new-queue08:47
Tonio_sistpoty: ok08:47
kyrelsistpoty, do you have an idea ?08:49
sistpotykyrel: not really, I'll just try s.th.08:49
sistpotykyrel: imo uint32_t should be defined in stdint.h or sys/types.h ... and for the linux source I saw it defined in linux/types.h08:52
sistpotykyrel: maybe there's an #include missing?08:52
kyrelsistpoty, I've thought about this eventuality, but i've already built the programs that fail on a debian system08:54
kyrel(sorry for my english level)08:54
sistpotykyrel: maybe some semantics in gcc changed, and uint32_t isn't defined any longer by default?08:55
kyrelsistpoty, maybe... i'll search08:57
derekShey, is there a priority list for universe candidates? there is one i think would be good for dapper08:57
=== JohnnyMast [n=rave@84-104-9-27.cable.quicknet.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
sistpotyderekS: no, there isn't... and we're in featurefreeze now, so we won't add new packages to dapper any longer08:58
derekSsistpoty: good answer :)08:58
LaserJockTB Meeting is about to start09:00
=== trulux [n=lorenzo@unaffiliated/trulux] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== shelagh [n=shelagh@60-240-10-232-nsw-pppoe.tpgi.com.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== reggaemanu [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-118-171.w86-210.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== reggaemanu [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-118-171.w86-210.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dolsonLaserJock: congrats buddy!!!09:20
sistpotyhi dolson09:20
dolsonhi sistpoty09:21
sistpotydolson: imo you should go for motu too ;)09:21
dolsonI should?09:21
dholbachfor your hardcore ubuntustudio efforts09:21
sistpotydolson: based on the packages you uploaded to revu, of course!09:21
dholbachare you a ubuntumember already?09:21
jpatrickdolson: it's true09:21
dolsonno, I am an ubuntero though09:22
dholbachso we have something to write up for the MOTU report! :)09:22
jpatrickNew MOTUs:09:22
LaserJockphewww, I could hardly type I was so nervous09:22
sistpotydolson: then the next step is to become a member... CommunityCouncil  approves members, just see the wiki-page for it ;)09:23
dolsonI'll check that out then, and maybe I can be a member :)09:23
dolsonyou guys are encouraging09:23
LaserJockumm, do I need to do anything now or is it just a flip of a LP switch?09:26
sistpotyLaserJock: once you're in the LP group, you should be able to upload09:27
LaserJocksistpoty: ok, thanks.09:28
=== netzmeister [n=netzmeis@p549FAC7E.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dolsonA member is someone who's made a substantial contribution to the Ubuntu community09:29
sistpotyogra: btw.: can you make me an administrator for the LP motu group? otherwise I can't create polls09:29
LaserJockwow, they already updated it, and I think I even got some Karma ;-)09:29
sistpotydolson: yes, and you've certainly done a substantial contribution already :)09:29
dolsonby whose measurement?09:30
dholbachmine too09:30
dolsonit hasn't been for very long yet, so I don't think it meets the "sustained" requirement yet09:30
LaserJockdolson: I think the general rule is if you've been helping for >= 2 months09:30
LaserJockin any way09:31
LaserJocknot just here09:31
jpatrickI've done 709:31
dolsonwell it'll be almost 2 months soon since I started the wiki, even though I first contacted Mark about better music production support many months ago09:32
=== derekS [n=derekS@cpe-66-108-44-139.nyc.res.rr.com] has left #ubuntu-motu []
LaserJockdolson: then I don't think you'll have much of a problem ;-)09:32
dolsonI guess it's close enough. if not, then I'll just re-apply at a later date09:32
sistpotyLaserJock: just gave you reviewing rights on revu ;)09:33
LaserJocksistpoty: very nice, I was going to ask you about that :-)09:33
LaserJockI would like to get more involved with REVU09:33
dholbachhear hear!09:34
sistpotythat's great news :)09:34
LaserJockI'm more interested in fixes, etc. to existing packages than new packages but they are all important09:34
LaserJockand I remember how frustrated I was with how long it can take to get reviewed09:35
sistpotyyep, that's true...09:35
LaserJockso now I'm in a place to help fix what frustrated me, that is what I love about Ubuntu and the MOTU community09:36
dolsonheh, I already signed the code of conduct09:36
=== sistpoty is off again... bbl
=== sistpoty [n=sistpoty@ubuntu/member/sistpoty] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Bye"]
ArmeBosseLaserJock: i'm looking each mail from motu-reviewers waiting for my package ;)09:41
netzmeisterdpkg-genchanges: binary-only upload - not including any source code09:41
netzmeisterdpkg-buildpackage: binary only upload (no source included)09:41
LaserJockArmeBosse: which one?09:41
ArmeBosseLaserJock: now that you're in place i can ping you ;)09:41
netzmeisterthat is not good...09:41
LaserJocknetzmeister: what are you trying to do?09:42
jpatricknetzmeister: -S (-sa) ?09:42
ArmeBosseLaserJock: vtigercrm, kvpnc, log4cpp09:42
LaserJockArmeBosse: is marcin` uploading vtigercrm too?09:42
netzmeisterLaserJock: I will build a package from sources..09:43
netzmeisterjpatrick: i think no..09:43
ArmeBosseLaserJock: probably. current package is our merge09:43
ArmeBosseLaserJock: i don't know for next package ...09:44
LaserJocknetzmeister: where are you getting the source package?09:45
netzmeisterWebsite.. Not SVN09:46
netzmeisterargh stop09:46
netzmeisterSVN, not Website09:46
LaserJocknetzmeister: so you are trying to make a package for Ubuntu?09:46
=== herzi [n=herzi@d044150.adsl.hansenet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
netzmeisterLaserJock: Yes09:52
LaserJocknetzmeister: have you been using the Debian New Maintainer's Guide?09:55
LaserJockso what are you doing when you get that error?09:56
=== jaldhar [n=jaldhar@c-68-80-95-221.hsd1.nj.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
netzmeisterLaserJock: Ups.. sorry.    6.5 Including orig.tar.gz for upload    :-(10:00
LaserJocknetzmeister: np, glad you caught it10:01
=== netzmeister [n=netzmeis@p549FAC7E.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== sistpoty [n=sistpoty@ubuntu/member/sistpoty] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== koke [n=koke@ubuntu/member/koke] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockwb sistpoty10:21
sistpotyre LaserJock10:21
Gloubiboulgacongrats LaserJock ;)10:25
LaserJockthanks Gloubiboulga10:30
=== Fuddl [n=fuddl@2001:6f8:9cf:0:20f:eaff:fe4d:d7b7] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== godiane [n=godiane@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
chillywillymy terminal font is fugly now after upgrading :(10:45
LaserJockso what is HCT going to do for us?10:51
LaserJockjpatrick: https://launchpad.net/products/hct10:55
LaserJockI guess I sorta answered my own question10:56
jpatrickah right10:56
LaserJockI'm just not sure how it is going to be used10:56
=== lfittl [n=lfittl@85-125-150-207.dynamic.xdsl-line.inode.at] has joined #ubuntu-motu
marcin`LaserJock: hi10:59
LaserJockhi marcin`10:59
marcin`LaserJock: I would like to upload vtigercrm package10:59
marcin`LaserJock: but I got different vision for this package11:00
marcin`LaserJock: unfortunately I cannot upload alternative version so...11:00
marcin`LaserJock: I only report bugs directly to maintainer11:01
marcin`LaserJock: (unfortunately current upload doesn't contain fix yet so I consider this package as partially broken)11:02
LaserJockmarcin`: if it is broken then it should be fixed before it will be advocated11:03
LaserJockdholbach: ping?11:03
LaserJocksistpoty: ping?11:04
marcin`LaserJock: it's partially broken - it will work until you will try to import some existing data to data base server11:05
marcin`LaserJock: it has $cache set to wrong paths11:05
LaserJockmarcin`: ok, has ArmeBosse said that he would fix that?11:06
dholbachLaserJock: pong11:06
marcin`LaserJock: I think so11:06
marcin`LaserJock: I reported this but to him11:06
marcin`LaserJock: I could fix it but you know - I don't want to fight with him anymore11:07
LaserJockdholbach: umm, I need some help. marcin` and ArmeBosse have been working on the same package on REVU. However, they can't seem to "get along". So they end up wanting to upload there own versions of the package to REVU.11:07
LaserJockdholbach: is there a social solution here? or is it possible to have two branches to the same source package on REVU?11:08
ajmitch_morning all11:08
LaserJockhi ajmitch_11:08
dholbachif they really can't get along they should start writing a wiki page or discuss the diff (best each little change) and justify it to each other, I guess they'll end up at something much closer to each other11:09
LaserJockdholbach: the package is vtigercrm, btw11:09
dholbachi'm sorry, I don't have the time to look at it at the moment11:10
LaserJockdholbach: np, thanks for the suggestion11:10
dholbachthey can consider themselves as a maintenance team once they can agree on a packaging11:11
ajmitch_especially as 1 of them as filed an ITP11:11
ajmitch_and it's not considered polite to hijack an ITP11:11
LaserJockmarcin`: the problem I keep seeing is that ArmeBosse hasn't refused to make the changes, he just wants wait and do many fixes at once.11:11
LaserJockmarcin`: I don't think that is unreasonable11:12
marcin`LaserJock: of course11:12
LaserJockmarcin`: if the package is truly broken then it is ok to let us know and the reviewers can take that into consideration11:12
marcin`LaserJock: but the difference between us is not only about these fixes11:12
marcin`LaserJock: I would like to make a lot of changes - but now I even don't want to try11:13
LaserJockmarcin`: I would just give it some time. If the suggestions are helpful and you provide patches I don't think your work will be in vain11:13
marcin`LaserJock: I'll try to describe to you 'short history' of our collaboration11:14
marcin`LaserJock: we started work on vtigercrm without any connection11:14
marcin`LaserJock: then we meet on irc - it was raphink idea11:15
dolsonLaserJock, sistpoty, dholbach, or whoever ;) : the next CC meeting is Mar7 at 7am my time. I'm not 100% sure I can be there, so should I just defer my application until the next meeting that happens at a reasonable hour? or just apply anyhow and hope I can get out of bed early enough?11:15
marcin`LaserJock: and then realized that ArmeBosse has much better scirpts that create database and different idea to generate config.php11:15
LaserJockdolson: is the other meeting time (I think they switch between two different times) better?11:16
marcin`LaserJock: while I had better rules (based on cdbs) better organization of package (separate vt-mysql-local that could allow to install vt in 'single click' with mysql-server etc.)11:16
marcin`LaserJock: so we decided to merge best parts of our job11:16
marcin`LaserJock: it was obvious - so I did it11:17
marcin`LaserJock: and we had 'merge' version11:17
marcin`LaserJock: that was ok but far from perfect11:17
marcin`LaserJock: then I uploaded a lot of changes - different script to generate config, I polished structure, changes things and package was fully workable11:18
ajmitch_lovely, people asking for 'ebuntu' source packages - they're not going to get them anytime soon ;)11:18
marcin`LaserJock: then problems started - he reverted my changes and uploaded his old version11:19
marcin`LaserJock: then I changed my script a bit to try compromise11:19
dolsonLaserJock: I'm not sure, trying to find the other time on the wiki..11:19
dolsonajmitch_: lol11:19
LaserJockdolson: check fridge.ubuntu.com11:19
marcin`LaserJock: and then again - he uploaded his version reverting some of my changes here and there and finally uploaded broken package11:20
marcin`LaserJock: because reverted my changes without care... and then he annoyed me with his decisions11:21
LaserJockajmitch_: where?11:21
marcin`LaserJock: while I can understant some of them - I simple cannot accept that someone reverts my changes and does11:22
marcin`these reverts in this way that package is broken (he did it twice...)11:22
marcin`LaserJock: so you see we simple cannot collaborate11:22
LaserJockmarcin`: from what I understand some of that was by mistake, and some of it was because he wanted to wait. Is there anything that he has simply refused to do?11:23
marcin`LaserJock: propably we both have good ideas11:23
marcin`LaserJock: but we got a problem with communication11:23
ajmitch_LaserJock: ?11:23
LaserJockajmitch_: where were you seeing the cries for ebuntu source?11:24
marcin`LaserJock: well yes he changed my postinst script and few more things11:24
ajmitch_LaserJock: users list11:24
marcin`LaserJock: and you know... it's hard to explain...11:24
ajmitch_LaserJock: ogra was telling him change the name ASAP, and provide source11:24
LaserJockmarcin`: ok, so I think that dholbach's suggestion was good. I think primarily you guys have a communication problem11:25
marcin`LaserJock: for example: sistpoty in his review said that he want's to have some files in /doc or at least symlink to doc11:25
marcin`LaserJock: so I changed .install to put these files to /doc11:25
dolsonLaserJock: yeah, that time is better, but I don't wanna wait two more weeks, or I'll probably forget or something. so I'll have to find an alarm clock I guess. will you be able to be there? or dholbach or sistpoty or siretart or jpatrick or someone who likes me? :)11:26
marcin`LaserJock: then ArmeBosse reverted my changes - saying that he want's to wait and he likes symlink - not copying11:26
marcin`LaserJock: etc. etc. everytime I do something - he has different idea11:26
marcin`LaserJock: small things but simple annoying11:26
LaserJockdolson: I'm sure somebody will be there, what is the UTC time? oh wait, your in Seattle right?11:28
dolsonI'm in Canada!11:28
dolsonUTC 170011:28
LaserJockI was thinking of somebody else11:28
=== freeflying-ibook [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dolsonUTC 120011:29
dolsonI'm in Easten time, -050011:29
marcin`LaserJock: well I'm not sure that dholbach suggestion could change anything11:29
LaserJockmarcin`: but the problems are being addressed. You guys have slightly different opinions on how to go about it but I just don't see the big deal11:30
marcin`LaserJock: while we already got project page for this package11:30
LaserJockdolson: I can't make it, I'm -080011:30
LaserJockbut sistpoty and dholbach might11:30
dolsonyeah, dholback is an early bird. either that, or he lives in a timezone that is earlier than me11:31
marcin`LaserJock: http://vtigerforge.fosslabs.com/projects/pkg-ubuntu/11:31
LaserJock marcin`: what you guys need is a common collaboration space that is easily editable. a wiki might be good for that11:31
dholbachdolson: germany11:31
LaserJockdolson: they're Germans11:31
dolsonI used to listen to German techno... it just sounded funny. Rammstein rules though11:32
marcin`LaserJock: I agree but if we cannot agree on some things we both need some ideas from outside11:32
LaserJockmarcin`: well, the project page doesn't help collaboration much. I think you both need to be a little more flexible11:32
dolsondholbach: will you be there to say that "dolson doesn't suck" or "dolson sucks less than some others" ?11:33
dholbachdolson: come on11:33
dholbachyeah, but i daresay they'll want to talk to you themselves11:33
LaserJockmarcin`: honestly, this is such a little thing really. I haven't seen anything but you guys arguing about how to implement virtually the same fix.11:33
dholbachbut I can say that11:33
marcin`LaserJock: well ok - I'll try to be flexible only once more...11:33
dolsonI will be there too11:33
dolsonI have an alarm clock somewhere11:34
marcin`LaserJock: but then I'll simple leave this11:34
dolsonbut I need a cheerleader team11:34
LaserJockmarcin`: what is your idea of being flexible in this case?11:34
dholbachi'll be there11:34
marcin`LaserJock: I still think that the best option could be an ability to upload different packages11:34
dholbachalthough I#ll be in london11:34
dholbachso not sure11:34
marcin`LaserJock: to revu and then reviewers should judge which one is better11:34
LaserJockmarcin`: I can understand that but once the package is in Universe, it won't be so easy11:35
dolsondholbach:  I missed the last thing you said before "so not sure".. I cleared my buffer :\11:35
marcin`LaserJock: it's not in Universe11:35
=== Se7h [n=MUAHAHAH@bl4-83-161.dsl.telepac.pt] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachdolson: i hope i'll be there11:35
dholbachdolson: if i am, i'll cheerlead11:35
LaserJockmarcin`: what happens when it does go into Universe?11:35
dolsonif you're not, I will flee in terror11:35
LaserJockdolson: don't worry, it's not that bad, just make a killer wiki page ;-)11:36
marcin`LaserJock: know what? each time I'm on REVU or MOTU then I got a feeling that Ubuntu is free distro that is not free11:36
marcin`LaserJock: personally I think that it sucsks... I feel like I got a 'big boss' that I have to listen to11:36
dolsonLaserJock: I will put "I DO NOT SUCK!!" in big <h1><b> font. that oughtta seal the deal, right?11:37
LaserJockmarcin`: no, but every project has to have standards.  we can't just let people willy nilly change packages for thousands of people11:37
LaserJockmarcin`: so that means we have to organize work11:37
LaserJockdolson: "sabdfl and the CC rulz!!!" might help ;-)11:38
dolsonmarcin`: hey, have you considering working on another package that isn't in Ubuntu yet? that way you're not duplicating work anyhow, and you can end your feud, and still contribute and be awesome and not suck and all that?11:38
sistpotyLaserJock: pong? (was just afk)11:38
LaserJocksistpoty: nm, I'm trying to figure out social solutions ;-)11:38
sistpotykk ;)11:39
LaserJocksistpoty: marcin` and ArmeBosse again11:39
sistpotyah... *reading backlog*11:39
marcin`dolson: I already uploaded 4 or 5 more packages to revu11:39
dolsonmarcin`: if you wanna package audio apps, let me know. I'll find something for you to do11:39
marcin`dolson: please review them ;)11:39
dolsonmarcin`: I will when I become a MOTU11:39
ajmitch_hey sistpoty11:39
sistpotyhi ajmitch_11:39
marcin`LaserJock: ok ok11:40
LaserJockmarcin`: the MOTU is relatively rules free compared to a lot of other places I think.11:41
marcin`LaserJock: but I still think that REVU should sometimes work in different way11:41
sistpotymarcin`: so you and ArmeBosse are both uploading vtigercrm to revu and you are not happy with his changes?11:41
LaserJockmarcin`: but you simply can't have multiple, different packages of the same program running around Universe11:41
marcin`LaserJock: while REVU is for reviews it pretty sucks that you can review only one version11:42
marcin`LaserJock: and cannot compare and make a choice11:42
LaserJockmarcin`: we could do it, but it isn't ideal11:42
LaserJockI think it should be avoided11:42
marcin`sistpoty: I'm not happy with his and he is not happy with mine11:42
sistpotymarcin`: hm... we didn't have that problem yet...11:43
sistpotyArmeBosse: around?11:43
LaserJockI saw him earlier but that was a few hours ago11:43
ajmitch_marcin`: we weren't anticipating competing developers when REVU was coded11:44
marcin`btw don't get me wrong - he did really great job with his scirpt11:44
marcin`scripts - since he is official vtiger developer11:44
ajmitch_especially as it's not an easy thing to choose one person's work over anothers11:44
marcin`so he could use few tricks I didn't know about11:44
marcin`but the thing is that he filed ITP in debian so he feels like 'big boss' and reverts my changes without any notice - and it's simple annoying for me11:45
sistpotyrevu isn't actually about competition11:45
marcin`sistpoty: it's not competition in fact11:46
marcin`sistpoty: first - it's about choice11:46
LaserJockmarcin`: again, from what I understand most of the "reversion" was a mistake or a different implantation of the fix11:46
sistpotymarcin`: yes, got that... was actually referring to ajmitch_ ;)11:47
LaserJockimplementation I mean11:47
marcin`sistpoty: second - it's about nice, clean packages that _work_11:47
ajmitch_sistpoty: I know, whuch is why it doesn't support multiple branches of the same package :)11:47
marcin`sistpoty: uploads that revert changes and make packages broken are annoying - don't you think?11:47
LaserJockmarcin`: and he has said that he is going to be uploading a working version soon11:47
sistpotymarcin`: yes, they are... as I already wrote, we didn't have that problem yet11:48
marcin`ok I'll wait for his upload11:48
marcin`take a look at changes11:48
sistpotymarcin`: my first suggestion would be to try to solve coordination/cooperation issues directly with ArmeBosse...11:49
marcin`I also got a lot of changes ready to upload but I first try to put them to SVN on vtigerforge11:49
sistpotymarcin`: however if that doesn't work, we need to make up a proper solution, as I don't think it generally will work out if two ppl. work on the same package w.o. really working together11:50
marcin`if he will not accept them - then I'll simple upload vtiger-crm pakage to revu11:50
=== Arrogance [n=aks@ottawa-hs-209-217-119-121.d-ip.magma.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
marcin`and I hope that you will review it and make a choice ok?11:50
marcin`and of course if we will be able to work together I will be more than happy11:50
ajmitch_so you want us to choose either his package or  yours & bless it for upload?11:51
marcin`as I said - first I will wait for his fixes and changes11:51
marcin`then I will once again try to put my changes but to vtigerforge first11:51
sistpotymarcin`: I guess making a choice won't solve the issue, as "competing" uploads won't solve it...11:51
marcin`when he will accept them - then ok11:52
LaserJockmarcin`: I think perhaps your definition of "work together" needs a little tweaking. You have been working together, quite successfully from  what I've heard from you11:52
marcin`if he won't then I got two choices - leave this and stop wasting my time11:52
dolsonI still don't understand why there has to be more than one person doing a single package... moreover, I don't know how I could possibly deal with a second person trying to make changes to my packages11:52
marcin`or I'll try to upload my version and you should decide while we cannot compromise ok?11:52
dolsonI mean... REVU makes me a better packager - it's like my silent partner11:53
marcin`ok we should end this discussion now11:53
sistpotymarcin`: yes... in case you feel, that both you and ArmeBosse uploading to revu will result in a mess, please write a mail to ubuntu-motu, so that we can try to settle this issue11:54
sistpotymarcin`: or better, if you don't think it will work out, that you and ArmeBosse upload the same package to revu11:55
marcin`ok - because you know - I'm annoyed about his changes - but propably he is annoyed with my uploads11:56
marcin`and I don't like to make ppl angry - but also don't like to waste my time and upload something that someone will replace with something different few hours later11:57
marcin`so we need to find another way to resolve this11:57
marcin`and now I really need to work more and talk less11:57
LaserJockmarcin`: are you sending him debdiffs?11:59
marcin`LaserJock: no and vice versa - you already said that we got a problem with communication - right :) ?12:01
netzmeisterhm whats the name of the tool, to check an deb-Package?12:01
netzmeisterhm.. (right charset) ;-)12:01
ajmitch_LaserJock: debdiffs are so last year - use bzr :)12:01
LaserJockajmitch_: sure, but they can't even seem to talk together. Baby steps ;-)12:02
LaserJockalthough really bzr might be a good tool for you guys12:02

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!