=== erov [n=j@c-69-247-101-157.hsd1.ms.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Ubugtu [n=bugbot@ubuntu/bot/ubugtu] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== claydoh [n=clay@bb-66-63-100-239.gwi.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== ZuZuu [n=ZuZubunt@AVelizy-154-1-45-164.w82-124.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== toma [n=toma@toma.kovoks.nl] has left #kubuntu-devel ["Ooh,]
=== neoncode [n=neoncode@unaffiliated/neoncode] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== NeoChaosX [n=nael@ppp-71-139-164-237.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== hunger [n=tobias@p54A60A18.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
linuxmonkeyanyone here?03:14
bddebianNo one that knows anything about the commercial repo :-)03:17
linuxmonkeyyeah no one seams to know03:17
=== freeflying|away [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #kubuntu-devel
jsgotangcothere was a bug about opera not being available for PPC03:19
jsgotangcoglatzor said its the fault of g-a-i not knowing03:20
jsgotangcoi dunno how to translate that in adept terms though03:20
jsgotangcoprobably the binaries are not yet in the archive03:20
linuxmonkeycould be03:20
linuxmonkeyoh well ill leave the wiki page as i edited for now03:20
jsgotangcoit looks great03:21
linuxmonkeydid you see it?03:22
=== nixternal_ [n=nixterna@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== freeflying|away [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Hobbseehi all03:48
nixternalhiya Hobbsee03:49
Hobbseehey nixternal :)03:50
nixternalkonversation .20 nightly has issues03:52
Hobbseenixternal: what issues?03:52
=== Hobbsee made it crash last night :D
nixternalit keeps bootin' me from the network..plus the timers don't work03:52
Hobbseenixternal: i'm suspecting what you had before was a config files issue - if you removed all config files for konversatoin, does it still happen?03:52
Hobbseenixternal: that's weird.  havent seen that.03:53
nixternali watched teh lag count to 180s which is dcc timeout...30 seconds is my regular timeout03:53
Hobbseenixternal: tell them in #konversation if sho_'s around03:53
nixternalcool Hobbsee..appreciate that03:54
Hobbseehi linuxmonkey 03:57
=== Hobbsee wonders what she had to do todya.
Hobbseeoh yes, merge kvdr, install edgy, and work a bit with *powersave, if lure didnt touch it.03:57
nixternalnalioth is telling me to use kvirc03:58
=== linuxmonkey has to install vmware
nixternali had to make sure that it wasn't a dcc attack Hobbsee, because i am on port 8001, but it was a dcc timeout03:58
Hobbseenixternal: true03:58
=== imbrandon [n=brandon@ubuntu/member/pdpc.active.imbrandon] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== RadiantFire [n=ryan@c-69-180-43-27.hsd1.ga.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== DaSkreech [n=Me@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
DaSkreechHobbsee: Hello :)05:37
Hobbseehey DaSkreech 05:37
=== Hobbsee is building :)
DaSkreechimbrandon: hi05:37
imbrandonheya DaSkreech05:38
Hobbseewhee!  chroots are fun :)05:42
DaSkreechYeah 05:42
DaSkreechI'm still trying to figure out why though05:42
=== erov [n=j@c-69-247-101-157.hsd1.ms.comcast.net] has left #kubuntu-devel ["."]
DaSkreechThey have this strange giddy feeling about them05:45
=== Hobbsee pokes DaSkreech into doing some merging.
HobbseeMOM's wokring agian, which is good.05:45
HobbseeThis module contains unreleased software.05:46
HobbseeThe software may compile and work, but it may just05:46
Hobbseeas well neither compile nor work.05:46
DaSkreechIs that MOM the organization or MOM the hovering parental figure?05:46
HobbseeDaSkreech: merge-o-matic05:46
DaSkreechAh :-)05:46
=== DaSkreech runs sudo updateacronymdb
freeflyingmoin all05:51
bddebianHello freeflying05:52
freeflyingbddebian: hey05:52
robotgeekhello freeflying bddebian 05:55
Hobbseehi robotgeek, freeflying 05:55
freeflyingrobotgeek: hi, so long haven't seen you  :)05:55
=== Hobbsee points bddebian to -motu :P
freeflyingHobbsee: hi05:55
robotgeekhey Hobbsee 05:56
robotgeekyes. long time, been busy05:56
robotgeekhoping to be back to linux by time we need edgy documentation :)05:56
Hobbseerobotgeek: we need documentation now - a lot is so old :P05:56
Hobbseerobotgeek: you're with windows or something?  eek05:57
robotgeekHobbsee: no windows yet05:57
robotgeektried os x for about a week. i'm going back to kde05:57
Hobbseerobotgeek: hehe05:57
DaSkreechWhy is that linked to !mount?05:57
DaSkreechrobotgeek: Did you try quicksilver?05:59
robotgeekDaSkreech: i used quicksilver about 1.5 years ago, it is very nice06:01
robotgeeki stuck to spotlight this time06:01
freeflyingrobotgeek: maybe you can try kde4 under osx now06:01
DaSkreechYou can?06:01
robotgeekfreeflying: hmm, cool thought06:01
robotgeekamarok totally owns itunes :)06:02
freeflyingthe d-bus stuff seems solved now, so kdelibs can be built now06:02
robotgeekfreeflying: is this native or under x11?06:03
freeflyingrobotgeek: native06:03
bddebianHi robotgeek06:03
freeflyingso it's worth trying06:03
robotgeekoh, that is cool06:03
DaSkreechis dcop still going to be around or is everything d-bus now?06:03
freeflyingDaSkreech: all d-bus now06:04
DaSkreechCool :-)06:04
DaSkreechMore power for linux :)06:04
=== DaSkreech 's theory still holds true
Hobbseeso we wont have to do removal foo when copying over /home to make sure that kde still will login.  nice.06:05
robotgeekkubuntu fresh install served up :)06:08
=== Hobbsee snorts
Hobbseei'm glad *someone* has figured it out.06:13
imbrandonheh yea, the few bright ones ;)06:14
imbrandoni should really visit the forums more, i havent even read a post  ( other than those Hobbsee pokes me about ) in month06:15
imbrandoni just feel so "dirty" after reaading them becosue there is so much misinformation06:16
DaSkreechSpeaking of that06:16
imbrandonDaSkreech, there is a long thread on the ml about that post06:17
DaSkreechDid you see the tech republic one?06:17
DaSkreechI'd rather not bandy that around but I've lost all interest in that site06:18
imbrandonyea i "try" to keep up with the news becouse of buntudot ;)06:18
DaSkreechAh yeah I should listen to the podcast again :)06:18
imbrandonpodcast 2 was posted a few days ago06:18
DaSkreechIt sould be nice if we had an official (k)ubuntu radio station06:18
DaSkreechI know I should listen to it again :)06:19
imbrandonDaSkreech, /me is working twords that06:19
=== Hobbsee sets her signature on the forums to include "kubuntu developer"
imbrandonhehe Hobbsee06:19
imbrandoni just include my @kubuntu.org email and let them think what they wish 06:19
DaSkreechCourse would be nice if someone would donate a decent microphone06:20
DaSkreechAs long as it's not to that "other" podcast06:20
imbrandonDaSkreech, to whom ? heh06:20
Hobbseeand then there's more blatant misinformation.  what fun.06:20
imbrandonDaSkreech, ubuntuos ? yea they have major sound issues06:20
DaSkreechNo they have major presentation issues06:21
DaSkreechIf they got MJ's studio I'd still not listen to them06:21
imbrandontrue but this isnt the place ;) feel free to stop by #buntudot and lets leave this chan for the "dev stuff"06:21
DaSkreechWell.. a radio station would be developing the world of kubuntu :)06:22
Hobbseespeaking of which06:23
Hobbseebddebian: ping?06:23
=== Hobbsee uploads kvdr.
Hobbseebddebian: want to upload kvdr for me please?06:24
imbrandonany canonical employees in here alive ?06:25
imbrandongot just a quick stupid question really06:25
DaSkreechYou mean Riddell?06:25
Hobbseeimbrandon: try u-devel.  what's the question?06:25
imbrandonHobbsee, about the commercial repos , yea u-d might be better06:26
imbrandonDaSkreech, any one not just Ridd*ell06:26
HobbseeRiddell: certainly wont be awake yet06:26
DaSkreechIsn't he the only employee?06:26
HobbseeDaSkreech: from kubuntu side, yeah06:27
bddebianHobbsee: Where is it?06:27
Hobbseebddebian: http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=265706:27
DaSkreechOh I wanted to ask. What's the policy of people who are helping in the main chan then get idiotic/abusize/mean/ towards people?06:29
bddebianDaSkreech: ?06:30
DaSkreechabusive whoops06:30
bddebianWho is abusive/mean, etc?  The channel folks?06:30
HobbseeDaSkreech: where in particular are you meaning?06:30
bddebianOh, I thought you meant #u-devel ;-P06:31
DaSkreechOh right that's a main channel :)06:31
Hobbseeimbrandon: it's always better to actually ask your question, you know - not ask to ask.06:32
ubotuDon't ask to ask a question. Just ask your question :)06:32
DaSkreechHmm wonder where I've heard that before06:33
bddebianHobbsee: Uploaded06:33
DaSkreechSo is there a policy on that?06:33
Hobbseebddebian: thanks :)06:34
HobbseeDaSkreech: i think the idea is "just poke an op about it, and they deal with it as they see fit" currently06:35
DaSkreechHmm OK. That kind of bugs me06:35
DaSkreechRight now I just step in and steal away the person looking for help06:35
HobbseeDaSkreech: well, anyone has the power to tell them to stop, ec06:36
DaSkreechIf the "helper" is just being ignorant I'll thwap them or if they are being mean I'll tell them to stop06:36
DaSkreechbut I've seen at least two people chain "helping"06:36
bddebianDamnit, I want to respond to madducks comments06:37
HobbseeDaSkreech: chain helping?06:37
HobbseeDaSkreech: --> #ubuntu-ops06:37
DaSkreechNo chain "helping"06:37
DaSkreechas soon as someone comes in and asks for help they jump in and start guiding the person06:38
Hobbseeah right06:38
DaSkreechIf in a) 15 minutes or b) two tries the person doesn't get the problem fixed they start telling them they are too dumb to use Linux or they can go stuff themselves06:38
DaSkreechso they are trying to help but not trying to get the problem fixed06:39
DaSkreechso it seems a bit harsh to call ops on them but then they are very much not helping matters06:39
DaSkreechmore or less the kind of folks who think that cause they are using Linux they are 2_31337 and that the more people they help the more they dilute how cool they can be06:40
DaSkreech(arm chair pysch diagnosis)06:40
HobbseeDaSkreech: that is true.  there arent a lot of people watching that channel, i'm afraid06:41
DaSkreechI picked that up06:42
=== chavo [n=chavo@68-235-253-154.atlsfl.adelphia.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
DaSkreechSince she brought up artwork ... Why was the degenerating usplash taken out?06:54
DaSkreechI liked it06:54
HobbseeDaSkreech: it's not there?06:55
DaSkreechNo It builds up 06:56
Hobbseeno idea06:56
DaSkreechOh wait :) When you boot up the progress bar on the usplash goes up 06:56
DaSkreechDuring the beta when you shout down it would run backwards from 100% to 0% then shutdown I loved it06:56
DaSkreechnow when you shutdown it runs from 0% up to 100% and shutsdown :-( Much less qute :-(06:57
HobbseeDaSkreech: yes, but does it work all the time now?06:58
DaSkreechOh you mean running up?06:58
DaSkreechI don't know I hardly ever shut down properly06:58
DaSkreechit does work when I see it though :)06:59
Hobbseei suspect that's why it swiched directions...07:00
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
DaSkreechalright I'll live with that.. as long as there is still an attempt to get it to reverse. That's just really cool :)07:02
HobbseeDaSkreech: Riddell stopped working on that, and did ubiquity.  07:04
DaSkreechOh it was Riddell working on it? remind me to ping him to see if he needed help on that07:04
DaSkreechWonder why it was stopped in Ubuntu as well. Maybe I can track the usplash person there as well07:05
HobbseeDaSkreech: yes.  and he likely does.  i'm assuming it's untouched for the moment07:05
DaSkreechI'll do the same07:05
imbrandonDaSkreech, uspash is al changed for edgy, its full screen now and soem thoer things07:06
DaSkreechdoes it roll backwards?07:06
imbrandonDaSkreech, its a test screen atm07:07
Hobbseeimbrandon: oh is it?  nice!07:07
imbrandonDaSkreech, look at the vmware in the middle http://www.buntudot.org/people/~imbrandon/screenshots/edgy1.png07:07
DaSkreechok 12:00 time to test out the new bed07:09
Hobbseeheh, nice07:10
Hobbseenight DaSkreech 07:10
Hobbseei really should install edgy.07:13
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Hobbseegood, this will sync too.07:15
=== Hobbsee raises an eyebrow at raphink
Hobbseeraphink: just approve the thing?07:25
=== DaSkreech sees Hobbsee's eyebrow and raises his expectations
=== raphink updates edgy-pbuilder
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Hobbseeraphink: debian stole ubuntu's patch for a bug, therefore it's a straight sync :)07:26
raphinkI'm not sure "stole" is a proper word in open-source07:27
raphink"merged" might be better 07:27
Hobbseeraphink: it was in debian's changelog :P   i know07:27
DaSkreechstole was in the change log?07:28
HobbseeDaSkreech: yep07:28
raphinkoh right07:28
raphink  * Start cnid_metad when requested by user. (Patch stolen from Ubuntu.)07:29
raphink    + debian/netatalk.init: Run cnid_metad.07:29
raphink    + Closes: #308828 "cnid_metad doesn't run on startup"07:29
Hobbseeraphink: yeah07:29
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #kubuntu-devel
raphinkffunny word in this context ;s07:29
DaSkreechok 12:30 really should find out about that new bed07:34
=== insanekane [n=kane@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== pounk [n=pounkf@142-217-81-161.telebecinternet.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Lure_ [n=lure@external-7.hermes.si] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Hobbseehi Lure_ 07:53
Lure_hi Hobbsee07:53
Hobbseehow are you doing?07:53
Lure_busy at work - three days before vacation, so lots of last-minute things to do... ;-)07:54
HobbseeLure_: ah fun :)07:56
Hobbsee!info powersave edgy07:56
ubotuPackage powersave does not exist in edgy07:56
Hobbsee!info kpowersave edgy07:56
ubotukpowersave: frontend to powersave for setting user specific policies. In repository universe, is optional. Version 0.6.0-1ubuntu4 (edgy), package size 3199 kB, installed size 4924 kB07:57
Lure!info powersaved07:57
ubotupowersaved: power management daemon. In repository universe, is optional. Version 0.12.15-0ubuntu1 (dapper), package size 376 kB, installed size 1852 kB07:57
Hobbseegood, so they wont be affected by UVF07:57
LureHobbsee: yes, it looks like07:57
=== Hobbsee can just not think about them for a long time then.
=== Lure hopes somebody will work on network manager (0.6.2-0ubuntu7 vs 0.6.3-2)
HobbseeLure: it's assigned to you?08:00
LureHobbsee: no, to Keybuk, but I am sure he is busy man these days...08:00
HobbseeLure: that's true.08:00
HobbseeLure: now that looks very scary.08:02
LureHobbsee: I can imagine 08:06
HobbseeLure: i just checked the .patch files created by MoM from it.  although a lot looks duplicated08:06
=== kubuntutaotao [n=kubuntut@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Hobbseeoh dear, i think this is going to bail.08:50
Hobbsee20mb orig.tar.gz....08:50
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Hobbseeoh wow!  it went through!09:10
=== tvo_ [n=tobi@5354EA9B.cable.casema.nl] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee applies for MOTU.
=== imbrandon cheers Hobbsee on
=== Hobbsee is off to work.
=== imbrandon_ [n=brandon@ubuntu/member/pdpc.active.imbrandon] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== zorglu1 [n=zorglu@73.43.102-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== freeflying|away [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== mikix [n=mikix@AOrleans-152-1-2-106.w83-202.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== zorglu1 [n=zorglu@73.43.102-84.rev.gaoland.net] has left #kubuntu-devel []
=== Huahua [n=hua_@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== \sh_away is now known as \sh
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== OculusAquilae [n=oculus@pD9509CCA.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== neoncode [n=neoncode@unaffiliated/neoncode] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== imbrandon [n=imbrando@ubuntu/member/pdpc.active.imbrandon] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== hendry [n=hendry@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== PascalFr [n=PascalFr@pcpc.vmfacility.fr] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== insanekane [n=kane@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== glatzor [n=sebi@ppp-82-135-83-247.dynamic.mnet-online.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== NeoChaosX [n=nael@ppp-71-139-164-237.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== kubuntutaotao [n=kubuntut@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== pygi [n=pygi@83-131-241-166.adsl.net.t-com.hr] has joined #kubuntu-devel
mornfallthere's something in your eyes, flowing them over, stealing all the harmony which lives in me, your hands are covering my tears01:24
mornfallthere's a sort of inner dance, trying to seduce me, feeling this anomaly which takes me01:24
mornfallLacuna Coil -- Aeon01:24
=== mikix [n=mikix@AOrleans-152-1-2-106.w83-202.abo.wanadoo.fr] has left #kubuntu-devel []
glatzorHi mornfall01:28
mornfallhi :-)01:28
glatzorThe German upstream KDE translation team pointed my to this bug:01:29
UbugtuMalone bug 47181 in ept "localisation support in adept tools conpletly broken" [Medium,Unconfirmed]  01:29
mornfallwhat a great bugreport01:29
glatzorIs this an issue of adept or rosetta?01:29
mornfalli have no idea, really01:29
glatzorDo you use gettext for all strings?01:30
mornfalli do01:30
mornfallkde locale thingy01:30
glatzorI am not familiar with this.01:33
Riddellit's just gettext. mostly.01:34
mornfallforked gettext, too01:35
glatzorThe German translation is at 100% in Rosetta, but there are still a lot of untranslated strings01:35
mornfallprobably doesn't like to load libept mo01:35
mornfallsince it's statically linked now01:35
mornfallthat could be the problem, actually01:35
glatzorOr to invasive for dapper-updates?01:37
glatzori am off.01:39
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #kubuntu-devel
mornfallRiddell: hi, too :)01:43
mornfallRiddell: what's up with freetype in 6.06? :\01:43
Riddellhi mornfall, nice holiday?01:44
mornfallyeah, quite :)01:44
RiddellI don't know, should work01:44
mornfallthe fonts totally blow after a livecd install on an lcd01:44
mornfallno amount of fiddling with AA settings in fonts kcm helps01:45
RiddellI've not heard of any other complaints about it01:46
omeowworked for me01:46
omeow(After spending a few days trying to get both my TFTs to work. Kguidance just seems to screw up my xorg.conf file with all sorts of crap that I don't think it needs.)01:47
mornfallwell, together with no libsdl on the cd, that thing caused kubunutu to lose against windows on my father's desktop (which is lame)01:48
mornfallit *could* be evil dpi setting, but i doubt it01:48
omeowI wonder why it can't say "option twinview 1" when it sees I have an nvidia card.01:48
omeowInstead it goes on defining multiple monitors and screens.01:49
imbrandonRiddell, got time to look at and advocate a revu upload so i can get my required 2 people ? ( 0 linda and lithan error excpt it dosent like the distro "edgy" but thats normal )01:51
Riddellimbrandon: sure01:52
imbrandoncool , http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=266101:52
=== kwwii [n=kwwii@likes.smoking.more.than.watching.spacenight.dk] has joined #kubuntu-devel
imbrandonmoins kwwii 01:58
=== glatzor [n=sebi@ppp-82-135-83-247.dynamic.mnet-online.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
kwwiihowdy imbrandon01:58
glatzorso mornfall, it would be nice if you could post a small comment on launchpad about the state and if it will be fixable for dapper01:59
mornfallfixable probably, fixed, well, i am tight on schedules for edgy already02:00
pygikwwii, because the backend is done, I would be grateful if you could send me what have you done by now ^_^ Or at least the shoots, so I could make a GTK one 02:01
Riddellimbrandon: see comments http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=266102:07
Riddellmornfall: your specs got approved while you were away02:08
Riddellmornfall: which means you need to decide if you want to do adept as a bounty or not02:08
RiddellseaLne: how are you getting to lugradio?02:09
=== allee [n=ach@allee.exgal.mpe.mpg.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
LureRiddell: seen my mail?02:13
RiddellLure: yep, it's next on my todo to look at02:13
Riddellafter reading all my other e-mails02:14
RiddellseaLne: do you have xinerama?02:14
LureRiddell: ok, no hurry - I will not be able to response at least for next 3 hours... ;-)02:14
kwwiipygi: i can send you something soon02:14
pygikwwii, k, thanks02:14
pygiI'll be unavailable by wednesday, so take your time ^_^02:14
mornfallRiddell: right...02:16
pygikwwii, and thanks ^_^02:19
kwwiino prob02:19
pygiimbrandon, how's nfs doing? :)02:19
imbrandonpygi, great , i have my /home dir on it for all my boxes and i can now work at any of my workstations without jugling files ;)02:20
seaLneRiddell: in someone's (full) car, no xinerama02:20
pygiimbrandon, :)02:20
=== My8os [n=My8os@ppp142-69.adsl.forthnet.gr] has joined #Kubuntu-devel
=== ZuZuu [n=ZuZubunt@AVelizy-154-1-45-164.w82-124.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #kubuntu-devel
imbrandonRiddell, i got everthing changed but the debhelper , should i not change that even though it complains on build that anything before 4 is deprecated and lithan complains also ? ( just wondering before i reupload )02:29
Riddellimbrandon: in my opinion it's not worth the hassle of getting out of sync with upstream, but if you'd rather improve the packaging that's up to you but please send improvements back upstream 02:31
imbrandonok, and yea i plan to send all changes back to upstream02:31
imbrandon( the reason i changed it to 5 to begin with is crimsun sugested it on my first upload ) heh02:32
Riddellhowever you wish then02:32
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Hobbseehi all02:34
Riddellmorning Hobbsee 02:34
Hobbseehey Riddell!02:34
=== Hobbsee wasnt expecting you to say hello.
HobbseeRiddell: uh oh, what's with komba2?02:35
RiddellHobbsee: it didn't compile because kde didn't install, I'm using it as a test to see if kde will install now :)02:35
Riddellwhich it should02:35
HobbseeRiddell: ah right, yes.02:35
=== Hobbsee can cope with hearing error messages like that.
imbrandonheya Hobbsee 02:39
Hobbseehi imbrandon 02:39
=== Hobbsee looks at these strange emails.
Hobbseeoh yeah, right, they're just saying that stuff i requested syncs for which are new made it into the archive.  excellent.02:40
=== jjesse [n=jjesse@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Hobbseehi jjesse 02:41
jjessemorning Hobbsee02:41
Riddellmorning jjesse 02:41
jjessemorning Riddell02:41
Hobbseei thought that having packages waiting in dep-wait was annoying and bad.  odd.02:41
HobbseeRiddell: what's the protocol for going for MOTU?  do you have to have an update wiki page and all that?02:42
=== Hobbsee hasnt found a guide on it yet.
imbrandonRiddell, all fixed up ;) http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=266302:44
imbrandonheya jjesse 02:44
Hobbsee(three merges to go!  yay!02:44
=== Hobbsee wonders who's to steal next.
imbrandonHobbsee, you can help me figure out the ftbs on helix-player ;)02:45
Hobbseeimbrandon: got no idea about that :P02:45
=== Hobbsee thinks the makefile is failing, although it doesnt explicitly error out, stopping the pbuilder.
imbrandonme either i'm gonna ping crim*sun or someone about it later02:45
imbrandonyea its some py voodoo i think02:45
RiddellHobbsee: yes, up to date wiki page and bring along supporters who have reviewed/uploaded your stuff and can say how good your packages are02:47
HobbseeRiddell: right, okay.02:47
Hobbseehehe - there are plenty of those around :P02:47
HobbseeRiddell: you want to testify?02:47
=== Hobbsee will ask people like Riddell, zakame, raphink, bddebian, dholbach...who else have i bugged recently?
Riddellwhen is the meeting?02:48
Hobbseeoh, stevenk and ajmitch, of course02:48
HobbseeRiddell: 19th or so?02:48
Riddellour 18th, ok02:48
Hobbseeit's 6am, which means i'll likely be veyr very zoned out, unfortunately - please tell them that that's normal for that hour of the day, adn that i really can hold a conversation :P02:49
imbrandonheh pre type everything ;)02:49
Hobbseeimbrandon: i'll have to check the logs to see what they ask (eek!)02:49
imbrandonbtw gl Hobbsee i'm sure you'll do well02:50
=== Hobbsee keeps getting told she should be a MOTU
Hobbseeoh yeah, and glo...something.02:50
imbrandonhrm , time for food, Riddell  please ping me if you see any other errors in that new upload , i am 99% sure i took care of all the comments bbiab02:56
=== Hobbsee looks for interesting merges.
=== imbrandon_ [n=brandon@ubuntu/member/pdpc.active.imbrandon] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Hobbsee[23:09]  <Gloubiboulga_> Hobbsee, have you ever seen KDE apps installing documentation in /usr/share/doc/HTML (I guess not but I want to be sure)?03:09
RiddellHobbsee: by default KDE will do that but in Debian/Ubuntu it should be /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/03:10
HobbseeRiddell: thanks.03:17
HobbseeRiddell: out of curiousity, and i know this should probably wait till a meeting, but what would the effect of getting rid of most of the kubuntu changes to konqueror be?03:18
Hobbseeoh no!  i shouldnt have updated my pbuilder again.03:20
=== mornfall must have missed something
mornfallwhat kubuntu changes to konq?03:20
Hobbseeno, wait, it's okay03:20
Hobbseemornfall: the ones about multiple profiles, etc.  remove the konquerorrc stuff, and it's heaps different!03:20
Hobbseemornfall: and a lot of users complain about it03:20
mornfallwhat multiple profiles03:21
mornfallthe stripped-down toolbar is fine03:21
mornfallany other intrusive changes?03:21
=== imbrandon__ [n=brandon@CPE-72-135-8-5.kc.res.rr.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee wonders which imbrandon__ is trying to be here.
=== imbrandon__ does know the anwser either
=== imbrandon__ has inet problems atm
jsgotangcoimbrandon__: do you sleep :)03:23
RiddellHobbsee: for adding back profiles you should argue with tonio.  what other changes do you want reverted?03:23
imbrandon__jsgotangco, yea its almost my bedtime now ;)03:24
Hobbseejsgotangco: he lives in my timezone, and he's on the other side of the world03:24
HobbseeRiddell: fair enough.  i'm only starting to play around with it now.03:24
HobbseeRiddell: i'm more wondering if it's a "this is set in stone kubuntu change" or "this could be changed, if we had good rationale for it"03:24
RiddellHobbsee: nothing is set in stone03:25
=== hendry [n=hendry@] has left #kubuntu-devel []
HobbseeRiddell: okay.  even a startup wizard for konv?03:26
imbrandon__heh Hobbsee i forgot about those questions till i got the notice03:26
Hobbseeimbrandon__: heh03:26
Riddellstartup wizards are evil03:26
HobbseeRiddell: unless they're actually necessary, yes.03:27
imbrandon__Riddell, yea what about a "first run wizzard" for konv, Sho_ and company are wanting to make it manditory and honestly looks like for good reason ( no sane defaults )03:27
HobbseeRiddell: for stuff like kopete/konvi, you kinda have to have them - because as much as you can configure an app, or a desktop, you cant configure someone's networks they want to connect to at startup, you cant configure their instant messenger accounts, etc03:28
imbrandon__unless we can change some of the defaults for konv ( that would be better imho )03:28
=== Hobbsee sighs.
imbrandon__becouse of user/pass and other personal account info needed to realy be usefull , unlike something like amarok that can run and never care whom you are03:28
=== Hobbsee definetly shouldnt have updated her pbuilder.
imbrandon__heh Hobbsee i've been saything that for two days now03:30
Riddellimbrandon__: what's wrong with the current first run konversation dialogue?03:30
Hobbseeimbrandon__: it was working properly a couple of days ago.03:30
HobbseeRiddell: it's being rewritten.03:30
imbrandon__Riddell, it wont be there much longer03:30
Riddellso long as the replacement is easier to use that's all good03:31
HobbseeRiddell: did you do something evil with kdelibs4c2a in edgy?03:32
=== Hobbsee is getting a weird pbuilder error.
imbrandon__Hobbsee, is that pbuilder tar still on the server?03:32
imbrandon__erm nm it dosent have the base.tgz03:32
Hobbseeimbrandon__: no, the tar was never on the server03:32
imbrandon__Hobbsee, i meant my server ( but yea it dident have the tgz in it , just the configs )03:33
Hobbseeimbrandon__: yeah03:33
imbrandon__i was thinking you might be able to restore from htat but oh well, anyhow its bed time for bonzo err imbrandon , gnight all03:33
Hobbseenight imbrandon__ 03:34
imbrandon__hahah there go my clones 03:34
imbrandon__and now here i go 03:34
HobbseeThe following packages have unmet dependencies:03:34
Hobbsee  kdelibs-bin: Depends: kdelibs4c2a (>= 4:3.5.2) but it is not going to be installed03:34
Hobbseeroot@sarah:/# apt-get install kdelibs4c2a03:34
Hobbseekdelibs4c2a is already the newest version.03:34
=== Hobbsee wonders why.
=== imbrandon [n=imbrando@ubuntu/member/pdpc.active.imbrandon] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee crosses fingers and hopes that the au mirrors are not updated yet.
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Hobbseeand it's less updated than i need it to be.  damn.03:43
Riddellremember you hvae access to the chroot on my machine if that helps03:46
HobbseeRiddell: that is true :)03:46
HobbseeRiddell: it's very useful03:47
=== Hobbsee wonders why this is breaking.
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@mail.ottens.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Hobbseehi bddebian 03:49
bddebianHi Hobbsee03:51
bddebianHi *03:51
Hobbseeokay, ignore what i said w.r.t pbuilder.  kdelibs-bin is still required as a b-d for this page, for some warped reason.03:53
RiddellHobbsee: page?03:54
HobbseeRiddell: s/page/package03:54
=== Hobbsee cant spell tonight.
RiddellHobbsee: kdelibs-bin doesn't exist any more03:55
=== Hobbsee can still do maths :D
HobbseeRiddell: so i discovered :)  it's a part of kdelibs4c2a now03:55
=== Hobbsee scared the people at work tonight.
Riddellwhat's the package?03:55
Hobbseeah, klogic, i'm about to merge it03:55
Riddelllooks like there's a few packages that need their kdelibs-bin dependency removed03:55
HobbseeRiddell: yeah, so i noticed.03:56
=== Hobbsee might do that next.
=== Hobbsee will need an uploader though
=== bddebian runs away
Hobbseebddebian: heh.  i finally put my name up for MOTU.03:58
RiddellI can upload03:58
=== mikix [n=mikix@AOrleans-152-1-2-106.w83-202.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #kubuntu-devel
HobbseeRiddell: true, but i have to build it first, which means i have to get my pbuilder updated again - looks like the au mirrors are a few days old.03:59
imbrandonsed -i s/au.//g sources.list ;)04:00
bddebianHobbsee: Awesome04:00
Hobbseeimbrandon: i'm using two lots of mirrors04:00
Hobbseebddebian: want to cheer for me?04:00
bddebianOf course, when is the next meeting?04:01
imbrandonrun it twice once for the uk. too ;)04:01
Hobbseebddebian: 18th or so04:01
Hobbseeimbrandon: hah04:01
imbrandongah Riddell whom do i poke about there not being a ppc deb of realplay 10 on the dapper-commercial repo buth there is a linux ppc realplay 10 intsaller on the real site ?04:05
Riddellimbrandon: real Inc I'd guess04:05
Riddellmdy will probably be the Canonical contact04:06
imbrandonthe maintain their own packages on dapper-commercial ?04:06
imbrandonkk thanks04:06
=== imbrandon loves the version - on dapper-commercial LOL
=== Lure_ [n=lure@external-7.hermes.si] has joined #kubuntu-devel
imbrandonis mdy ever in ubuntu-devel or should i email him ?04:12
Riddellimbrandon: he's not, e-mail him04:16
HobbseeRiddell: you prefer debdiffs, rather than source, right?04:16
RiddellHobbsee: depends what for?04:16
Riddellupdates to existing packages yes04:16
HobbseeRiddell: fixes for kdelibs-bin files04:16
Hobbseeso yeah04:16
HobbseeRiddell: can you upload a package for me please?  and is it advisable to fix "W: klogic source: package-uses-deprecated-debhelper-compat-version 3" before upload?04:24
RiddellHobbsee: not if it's not fixed upstream04:24
Riddellno point diverging from debian needlessly04:24
HobbseeRiddell: that's what i thought.  good.04:24
RiddellI can upload yes04:24
=== Hobbsee uploads
Hobbseethanks :)04:25
=== Hobbsee cant poke stevenk into uploading for her tonight - he's not around!
linuxmonkeywassup Hobbsee, Riddell, imbrandon04:25
HobbseeRiddell: okay, http://merges.ubuntu.com/k/klogic/klogic_1.62.orig.tar.gz and when revu processes it, i'll grab you the other link :)04:25
Hobbseehi linuxmonkey!  merging is up!  it's also down and sideways.04:26
HobbseeRiddell: how would you like this debdiff?  pastebin?04:27
HobbseeRiddell: http://rafb.net/paste/results/232ElK14.html :)  for knemo04:28
RiddellHobbsee: you need to depend on kdelibs4c2a instead04:32
RiddellHobbsee: and I'd say "merged into" rather than replaced by04:33
HobbseeRiddell: isnt kdelibs4c2a covered by the shlibs depends of kdelibs4-dev?04:33
Riddelloh I see, yes04:34
=== Hobbsee expects that's the case.
Riddellsorted, uploading..04:34
RiddellI thought it was a build-dep04:34
HobbseeRiddell: yeah, so did i, till i couldnt find it in the build-deps :P04:35
=== neoncode [n=neoncode@unaffiliated/neoncode] has joined #kubuntu-devel
RiddellHobbsee: uploaded, thanks04:35
HobbseeRiddell: :)04:35
Riddellallee: able to get that patch into debian?04:35
Hobbseebleh.  ditto for wlassistant, allee's the maintainer of both.  then we could sync it.04:36
Hobbseewell, merge it04:36
HobbseeRiddell: http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=2664 for klogic04:37
RiddellHobbsee: it's worth fixing in kubuntu though, getting it into debian and back could take some time04:37
HobbseeRiddell: true04:37
=== zorglu1 [n=zorglu@73.43.102-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Hobbsee(eek!  scons!)04:37
Hobbseeand if i do them in the next two days, then i wont have to write reports for the changes!  yay!04:47
=== kubuntutaotao [n=kubuntut@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
HobbseeRiddell: http://rafb.net/paste/results/aqhG6L52.html for uploading04:49
HobbseeRiddell: if your'e not already looking at klogic, i can ask bddebi*an or another MOTU to look at it, without a problem.04:49
RiddellI am04:50
bddebianHobbsee: What's the * for? :-)04:50
Hobbseebddebian: to not ping you accidently :P04:50
HobbseeRiddell: ah cool :)  didnt want to drown you in work :P04:50
Riddelloh it's far too late for that04:51
bddebianHobbsee: It's good for him.  Builds character ;-P04:51
Hobbseebddebian: heh04:52
=== Hobbsee makes a mental note to put bddebian to work again.
=== haggai_ [n=halls@i-83-67-59-194.freedom2surf.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== haggai_ is now known as haggai
RiddellHobbsee: wlassistant and klogic uploaded05:01
HobbseeRiddell: http://rafb.net/paste/results/8yyhbD78.html as well :)05:01
Hobbseehehe nice thankyou :)05:01
Riddellgo go Hobbsee 05:01
mornfallhard decisions, hard decisions :\05:01
=== Hobbsee is.
seaLnewe just found a 19" TFT at the bottom of our cardboard recycling pile :)05:02
HobbseeRiddell:   libcvsservice0 has a recommendation of kdelibs-bin, yet it doesnt seem to be in the control file.05:02
HobbseeseaLne: now that is crazy :P05:02
seaLnewell it was in its cardboard box... :)05:03
mornfallthe sad thing about 19" TFTs is that they are usually 1280x102405:03
seaLneyeah but only 10 more that 17"05:03
seaLneneed to go to 20" to get more than 1280x102405:04
mornfallyou could get a 1600x1200 19" CRT just fine05:04
mornfalland it would still have vastly superior colour fidelity ;-)05:04
alleeHobbsee, Riddell: about knemo: is kded now in kdelibs4c2a?  because ...05:04
=== Hobbsee changed nothing with kded.
Riddellallee: because there was a circular dependency between kdelibs4c2a and kdelibs-bin05:05
mornfallonly slight problem that it takes huge amount of space...05:05
allee  * Add to depends: kdelibs-bin (contains kded), kicker05:05
HobbseeRiddell: hehe, as i found to my annoyance in my pbuilder.  grumble grumble.05:05
RiddellHobbsee: qtparted uploaded too, thanks05:05
HobbseeRiddell: :)05:05
alleeHobbsee: you removed kdelibs-bin from depends: * Remove depends kdelibs-bin (replaced by kdelibs4c2a)05:06
Hobbseeallee: yes.05:06
Riddellallee: kdelibs-bin doesn't exist any more05:06
alleeRiddell: oh, time install edgy here!  Is kded now in kdelibs4c2a?05:07
=== \sh is now known as \sh_away
Riddellallee: yes it is, in Kubuntu and Debian05:07
HobbseeRiddell: kdelibs4c2a should not have a dependancy on kdelibs-bin, should it?05:08
alleeah, okay.  I'll add it to kde-extra knemo repo05:08
RiddellHobbsee: I'd say not05:09
HobbseeRiddell: right, good05:09
RiddellHobbsee: it has a Provides instead05:10
HobbseeRiddell: for some warped reason, it's still listed in the depends.  go figure :P05:10
=== Hobbsee fixes that too.
RiddellHobbsee: not for me in kdelibs4c2a 4:3.5.3-1ubuntu305:11
HobbseeRiddell: then why's it showing in rdepends?05:12
RiddellHobbsee: probably the provides does that05:12
HobbseeRiddell: you're right.  and replaces.05:13
Hobbseewhich takes me back to the very interesting question of why libcvsservice0 shows it as a recommends, yet i cant find it in control.05:13
=== Hobbsee declares it a weird heisenburg error, and ignores it.
RiddellHobbsee: kdesdk isn't built yet for 3.5.305:15
Riddellneeds kdepim to be sorted first05:15
HobbseeRiddell: ah right.  i thought i saw an upload of that05:15
=== Hobbsee wonders. should i fix rsibreak, or should i make toma do it?
RiddellI think you're on a roll with kdelibs-bin fixes :)05:19
=== bddebian does nothing worthwhile
=== jjesse does nothing worthwile as wel :)
HobbseeRiddell: hehe05:20
HobbseeRiddell: what, like i was with the dh_iconcaches, where i was pretty much regarded as the queen of them?05:20
Hobbseejjesse: you write the documentation - now get writing :P05:22
jjesseHobbsee: grin just got done wth an hour long discussion in regards to our Switching From Windows to *ubuntu we are writing for edgy ;)05:22
Hobbseejjesse: hehe nice :)05:22
Riddelljjesse: discussion where?05:23
mornfallis edgy supposed to be for normal users?05:23
jjesseRiddell: over private message via irc, working on getting an email out to ubuntu-doc mailing list about what we discussed05:24
jjesseso we can have further discussion05:24
seaLnemornfall: only where normal == us :)05:24
mornfallwell, normal users as in outside the community05:24
seaLnewouldn't have thought so05:24
mornfallso much for the half-year release cycle :] 05:25
seaLneits that crappy package manager thats the problem :P05:25
mornfallwhere, what/05:26
=== seaLne was joking
Riddellmornfall: it will be when it's released ye05:26
seaLneoh you didn't mean just now?05:27
mornfalli obviously mean the release05:27
mornfallthe stuff between doesn't exist for people outside :)05:27
seaLnewell your question didn't appear obvious to me05:27
Riddellnuff squabbling children05:29
jjessebut its fun to squabble :)05:29
seaLneanyone that wasn't in #ubuntu-motu when i asked earlier seen "I have no package to build" when building a package? http://pastebin.ca/8408305:30
=== ZuZuu [n=ZuZubunt@AVelizy-154-1-80-138.w86-205.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #kubuntu-devel
RiddellseaLne: does debian/control exist?05:31
seaLnethat was the only suggestion i saw from googleing05:32
=== Hobbsee squables for the sake of it.
HobbseeRiddell: http://rafb.net/paste/results/tL0Zwf94.html  :)  toma will get that into debian05:32
=== DaSkreech [n=skreech@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee growls
Hobbseelet it be payday!!!!!05:34
Hobbseelet me be paid NOW!!!!05:34
=== DaSkreech laughs
DaSkreechOh I probably shouldn't bring this up05:36
Hobbseehi DaSkreech!05:37
Hobbseebring what up?05:37
HobbseeDaSkreech: grr.05:38
Hobbseebut true.05:38
=== Hobbsee hisses at DaSkreech
Hobbseeactually, that is a pretty funny typo - the first time around :P05:38
=== mode/#kubuntu-devel [+o Hobbsee] by ChanServ
DaSkreechYeah I know :) I cracked up when I saw it05:39
=== DaSkreech [n=skreech@] has left #kubuntu-devel [requested]
=== mode/#kubuntu-devel [-o Hobbsee] by ChanServ
=== DaSkreech [n=skreech@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== DaSkreech laughs. Sorry I don't know why but everytime I start typing in wikipedia that is the autocomplete URL
DaSkreechSo it was on the top of my head :)05:40
Hobbsee@lart DaSkreech 05:40
Hobbseehmmm...must be disabled in here05:41
Hobbseeprobably a good thing05:41
DaSkreechWahts that?05:41
Hobbseedont worry05:41
RiddellseaLne: removing the binary-indep: lines seems to fix it05:41
DaSkreechShouildn't payday be Friday?05:41
DaSkreechHi Riddell05:41
HobbseeDaSkreech: no, payday is tonight.05:42
=== DaSkreech works in a LInux Startup so payday iswhen we have money
=== Hobbsee works in a shop and scares people.
=== Hobbsee also makes her manager hate her, but that's beside the point.
Hobbseeand it looks like the supermarket is going to go out of business.  yay?05:44
DaSkreechGather as much info on the POS as you can 05:45
=== toma [n=toma@toma.kovoks.nl] has joined #kubuntu-devel
RiddellHobbsee: rsibreak uploaded05:45
Hobbseehey toma 05:45
HobbseeRiddell: thanks :)05:45
HobbseeDaSkreech: i have more info than i want - they run windows NT server.05:45
seaLneRiddell: still does the same for me when i buid it, you were talking about the Depends: line in the binary section yeah?05:45
Hobbseeand they often crash.05:45
DaSkreechI know we had this convo already :)05:46
RiddellseaLne: in debian/rules the binary-arch: rule05:46
DaSkreechI'm interested in building a killer linux POS05:46
DaSkreechThere are three I've found so far05:46
Hobbseewe did? my brain must be dying.05:46
seaLneRiddell: ah05:46
tomaHobbsee: ah, you changed rsibreak in ubuntu already?05:46
Hobbseetoma: yeah05:46
Hobbseetoma: although we could have synced it i guess.  oh well05:47
tomaHobbsee: ok, i will do the same for debian and request a sync for the next version05:47
HobbseeRiddell: that's got all of the kdelibs-bin stuff fixed, as far as i can see05:47
Hobbseetoma: yeah, may as well, in edgy+105:47
=== Hobbsee will deal with it then.
=== Hobbsee will be a MOTU by then :)
Riddellwe will sync it if Debian gets it updated at a time we can sync05:47
RiddellHobbsee: top job, well done05:48
HobbseeRiddell: :)05:48
tomaRiddell: did you look at digikam/kscope05:49
Riddelltoma: kscope uploaded05:49
Riddelltoma: digikam I need to look at what's not compiled yet on amd6405:50
Hobbseetoma: kscope?05:50
=== allee prepares digikam 0.8.2 tonight
Riddellthe buildds seems to be running slowly today though05:50
=== Hobbsee wonders what was wrong with that, but remembers something about it
seaLneRiddell: nope still not making any difference, removed binary-arch and its mention in binary05:50
=== apachelogger [n=me@amarok/rokymotion/apachelogger] has joined #kubuntu-devel
HobbseeRiddell: dont tell me i've been giving them too much of a workout :P05:50
tomaallee: great, i'll do the kipi-plugins then05:50
RiddellseaLne: hmm, it's broken for me again here05:50
alleetoma: good.  (there was something about flickr needs depends konqueror afair)05:51
tomaallee: ah, ok, suggests i presume?05:52
Riddelltoma: somebody updated digikamimageplugins to 0.8.1-2ubuntu1 so I guess we'll just see how that works05:52
tomaRiddell: grrr.05:52
Riddelltoma: flickr plugins will need to depend on konqueror05:52
jjesseok why can't i get the @SIG@ to work on the kubuntu/meeting page?05:52
jjessegrumble grumble05:52
Hobbseejjesse: i never have been able to either.05:53
Riddellit needs konqueror to authenticate05:53
=== Hobbsee thinks it's a conspiracy.
=== Hobbsee thinks it doesnt work, they just pretend it does.
tomaRiddell: with a depend on libgamin05:53
RiddellseaLne: it seems to be running all the dh_ stuff twice05:53
alleetoma: do you remember why rsibreak did depend on kdelibs-bin?05:53
tomaRiddell: that is because of libfam.la05:53
Hobbseeallee: an icon thing in there05:53
Riddelltoma: tsk05:53
tomaRiddell: so that is wrong05:54
tomaallee: yes, the general icon in the settings05:54
tomaallee: i guess i should simply copy that icon in the tarball so we can lose that dep?05:55
seaLneRiddell: hmm you're right weird05:55
tomaallee: friendlier for the gnomies as well05:55
alleetoma: depends where the icons is now.  If it's a 'usually' installed/needed.  Depends.  Otherwise copy it (in your next upstream release)05:56
alleetoma: as flickr depends on it I would say let kipi-plugin recommend it (as we do for other plugins already)05:57
RiddellseaLne: where do you actually run make?05:58
Riddellbuild-arch doesn't have it05:58
tomaallee: hmm.. two discussions are mixing up here05:58
=== allee needed time to check how we did in kipi-plugins usually ;)
=== zorglu1 [n=zorglu@73.43.102-84.rev.gaoland.net] has left #kubuntu-devel []
toma(wow, a flying doctors replay, is that were i pay money for?)06:00
seaLneRiddell: i thought one of the dh_ things did that but i'm guessing now thats a no?06:00
alleeHobbsee: I thing you need an alioth account.  To get rid of save some pkg-kde-extras merging ;)06:01
tomai agree06:01
RiddellseaLne: in build-arch-stamp you should uncomment the make line06:01
Hobbseeallee: argh!  i'm not even a MOTU yet!06:01
RiddellseaLne: however I don't see why that would be causing the problem we're seeing06:01
seaLnebut would cause i slightly more serious problem :)06:01
alleeHobbsee: no excuse. Me too. Nevertheless I've an alioth account ;)06:01
=== Hobbsee has never been able to get alioth to work.
Hobbseeallee: i'm sure i could find you plenty of excuses :P06:02
tomaallee: kipi plugins currently only depends on shlibs:depend, for flickr we would need konqueror there06:02
alleeHobbsee: all you need is ssh and svn client ;)06:02
Hobbseeallee: that's probably why i had a probelm then06:03
=== Hobbsee beds.
Hobbseeit's 2am.06:03
tomanite Hobbsee06:03
alleetoma: add konqueror to recommends plus a changelog why it was added.  My brain needs this support info :(06:03
alleeHobbsee: nite06:03
tomaallee: oki06:04
tomaallee: k3b is added as recommend, isn't that the same situation?06:05
seaLneRiddell: uncomenting that make causes more errors, i'm pretty certain it was building it before as it did run gcc06:05
=== Hobbsee builds one last package before bed.
Hobbseeand the orig.tar.gz is huge - bet it'll want to upload it.06:06
alleetoma: yes, konqueror -> recommends06:06
tomaRiddell: do you agree?06:06
tomaah, i was pretty much finished.06:08
DaSkreechapt-get purge *06:10
=== fre1 [n=fred@73.43.102-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee tells nip2 to die. she's going to bed.
nixternalnite Hobbsee06:12
RiddellseaLne: it'll have been buliding from the "make install" run06:17
Riddelltoma: depends how well the flickr plugin handles not having konqueror installed06:18
seaLneRiddell: yeah seen that now, it was -indep and -arch that was causing the second time running06:18
seaLneRiddell: sorting it now06:19
tomaRiddell: iirc it asks to login to the flickr site and press ok when done.06:19
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Riddelltoma: that's right, to approve the plugin06:20
DaSkreechRiddell: Were you working on the reverse usplash for shutdown?06:21
RiddellDaSkreech: all I do it make kdm call usplash06:21
DaSkreechSo I need to be asking #u-devel for why it was abandoned?06:21
RiddellDaSkreech: what's the problem?06:24
DaSkreechIt's not a problem06:24
Riddellthe issue then06:24
DaSkreechJust that through the dapper testing when you shut down teh usplash ran backwards from 100% to 0% and it was very cool06:24
RiddellI'm pretty sure it still does06:25
DaSkreechI was perturbed that they put it to run up on shutdown for the release06:25
DaSkreechI see you shut down as often as I do :)06:25
DaSkreechit runs up from 0% to 100% like on startup06:26
DaSkreechin the testing phase it ran down. Much more expressive and nicer06:26
Riddelllook at the changelog, see if you can spot who made the change06:29
tomaRiddell: are you subscribed to kde-i18n-doc?06:29
Riddelltoma: yes06:30
RiddellI just replied06:30
tomaRiddell: okidoki06:30
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== mikix [n=mikix@AOrleans-152-1-2-106.w83-202.abo.wanadoo.fr] has left #kubuntu-devel []
=== fre1 [n=fred@73.43.102-84.rev.gaoland.net] has left #kubuntu-devel []
toma!seen tonio07:28
ubotutonio is on IRC right now!07:28
toma!seen tonio_07:31
ubotuI last saw Tonio_ (n=tonio@tonio.planetemu.net) 1d 4h 7m 58s ago, quiting: Remote closed the connection07:31
mornfallRiddell: i think i'll relax the schedule and won't hunt for bounty this time -- i have lots of other stuff to do and guess i need a break...07:50
mornfallRiddell: well, for now i keep 2.2 as a target before edgy freeze, i can even try to have a 2.3 in time, but 2.3 without commercial software or dist upgrade stuff (unless someone else is able to implement those)07:53
mornfallit would be also of great help if someone could take care of launchpad bugs on adept, because i would be much happier to only deal with b.k.o07:57
mornfalldon't volunteer everyone at once :p07:59
=== mdz [n=mdz@studiocity-motorola-bsr1-70-36-194-85.vnnyca.adelphia.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
DaSkreechhi 08:03
kwwiihi DaSkreech08:03
=== DaSkreech bows
tomaraphink: twinkle is updated to 0.8 now, it took debian a bit longer because the new version contained the iLBC codec, which isn't DFSG or GPL compatible, so that had to be stripped.08:06
=== jjesse [n=jjesse@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Lure_ [n=lure@clj46-234.dial-up.arnes.si] has joined #kubuntu-devel
mornfall--> pistacchio08:10
DaSkreechHi mornfall08:11
=== toma is now known as toma_|_
=== chavo [n=chavo@68-235-253-154.atlsfl.adelphia.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Riddellmornfall: fair enough08:15
Riddellmornfall: I may have to look at doing the commercial stuff, I think the powers at Canonical will expect it08:16
Riddellmornfall: I can try and sort out the launchpad bugs08:17
raphinktoma_|_: nice08:26
mornfallRiddell: i was more hoping someone less overloaded than you :-)08:31
mornfallRiddell: you have lots of work already08:31
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@tonio.planetemu.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_toma_|_: raphink told me you were searching for me...08:33
Tonio_I'm back in 10 minutes, time to take a shower and I'm ok08:33
mornfall--> home08:45
=== jjesse [n=jjesse@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== apachelogger [n=me@amarok/rokymotion/apachelogger] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Ubugtu [n=bugbot@ubuntu/bot/ubugtu] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== neoncode [n=neoncode@unaffiliated/neoncode] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Riddellspeak up09:38
mornfallis there a way to put the kubuntu side of things for adept up for adoption?09:43
mornfallanyone got tips on possibly interested people?09:43
mornfalli want to keep good relationships with kubuntu and everything... i just need to offload some work09:44
DaSkreechMaybe ask on forums or wiki?09:46
DaSkreech whats the kubuntu side of adept?09:47
Riddellforums.. most amusing :)09:47
mornfallr-right :-)09:47
mornfallDaSkreech: launchpad, kubuntu-specific issues09:48
DaSkreechYeah there must be at least one person on the forums willing to do some work on it09:48
DaSkreech I'll wager his name is mornfall though09:49
jjessewhat is exactly involved in the kubuntu side of things? moving bugs filed in launchpad to bugs.kde.org/09:49
mornfalljjesse: well, after they are sorted out and junk is filtered, that too :)09:50
jjessemornfall: i can attempt to filter  some of that junk oout09:50
mornfallwell, the idea is that i can unsubscribe from launchpad without losing useful data09:50
mornfallkeeping up with malone is a nuisance09:51
jjessesorry for the stupid question, but is it more then just receivng emails?09:51
mornfallyeah, reading them, triaging the reports, responding, closing up junk09:52
mornfallpossibly trivial task for someone else, but burdensome and annoying for me09:53
mornfallah, and figuring when things are not actually adept bugs (at least for the more obvious cases)09:54
mornfallthe idea is that i can completely forget about all that... it would already be a big help09:58
mornfallanother part where someone could do lots of useful work would be testing development versions from time to time10:05
mornfallsince when one has to do all testing himself, well, not all that nice either10:06
Lure_jjesse: will you have time to update https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LukaRenko/Keycodes with your laptop (I am really interested as you have standby/hibernate/lock/battery keys)10:09
jjesseLure_: on schedule for tonight10:10
Lure_jjesse: great - I will update the page with additional info how to collect stuff10:10
=== toma_|_ is now known as toma
tomaTonio_: received my mail?10:13
Tonio_I didn't check my mails at this time10:14
Tonio_let me look10:14
=== mornfall makes a sad face
Tonio_toma: great10:16
Tonio_did you find the solution to the problem ?10:16
Lure_Tonio_: you have Sony laptop, right?10:16
tomaTonio_: the build system does not cope with srcdir != builddir 10:16
Tonio_Lure_: yes10:17
tomaTonio_: tried to fix the build system, but choose the easy way out later on10:17
Lure_Tonio_: any special laptop keys? Can you add it to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LukaRenko/Keycodes?10:17
Tonio_toma: yes but where is that progress.h file ? ;)10:17
tomaTonio_: that gets created automatically from progress.ui10:17
tomaTonio_: that's how .ui files work10:17
Tonio_ah ! I didn't knew this10:18
DaSkreechmornfall: I'll thinka about it10:18
Tonio_Lure_: I'm already in contact with sladen concerning this10:18
DaSkreechmornfall: No commits yet though :)10:18
Tonio_Lure_: there is a special trick to perform with the fs and fj series of vaio10:18
mornfallwell, sure, but it needs a commited person :-)10:18
mornfallanyhow, the easy way10:18
mornfalli drop all that stuff and someone picks up or it is left undone :-)10:19
mornfalli will think about that... it's sort of nasty, but usually works10:19
Lure_Tonio_: so you do not get xev/hal events yet?10:19
tomaTonio_: they named the orig tarball *-2*, not sure what you do with that, but you might need to adjust the changelog to it10:19
Tonio_we looked at this and he has the solution to add the keys to the laptop-buttons package10:19
Tonio_Lure_: I do get them but installing a package10:19
Tonio_he will extract the events from the code10:19
Tonio_toma: yes I don't know what to do with it....10:20
Tonio_toma: I will probably include the latest beta instead of latest stable version anyway10:20
Tonio_so that's not an issue10:20
tomaTonio_: send a message to upstream about that, they might be tempted to do it again 10:21
Tonio_Lure_: there are no xev events but the keys work10:21
Tonio_Lure_: this is due to sonypi kernel extension using a different output for keys10:21
Tonio_and according to sladen there are about no chances that upstream will change this since he probably did this for a good reason10:22
Lure_Tonio_: ok, then nothing to do about it10:22
Tonio_toma: yes, but in a certain way, I don't know if they will change their tarball versioning "just for debian" ;10:22
Tonio_Lure_: just wait for sladen to include the required things to the package and edgy will have sony hotkeys out of the box10:23
tomaTonio_: true10:23
Tonio_toma: many thanks for the explanation10:23
tomaTonio_: np10:23
Tonio_I will know how this works... hard to figure out if nobody explains it the first time :)10:24
tomaTonio_: yeah, took me a couple of hours to figure out how debian builds the package, so i learned as well10:25
Tonio_toma: hehe10:26
=== doelman [n=doelman@dsl-46015.solcon.nl] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Lure_Riddell: any idea where this regression might come out - bug 37341 - this is also causing problems on my desktop with Genius MM keyboard where XF86WWW is assigned to multiple keycodes, and then none of them works correctly :(10:35
UbugtuMalone bug 37341 in kubuntu-meta "XF86AudioRaiseVolume key/action not working in kde" [Medium,Confirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/3734110:35
RiddellLure_: how do you know it's the duplicate entry that's causing problems?10:41
Lure_Riddell: three users reporting it (I will now boot my desktop and confirm is possible)10:42
RiddellLure_: does the problem get solved if you remove one of the entries from the X mapping?10:43
Lure_Riddell: that is what they reported it fixes the problem for them10:43
Lure_Riddell: but having multiple keys (keycodes) having same keysym is valid config10:43
Lure_Riddell: I suspect that KDE hotkey handler somewhere just picks up the first keycode and does the map instead of getting all keycodes10:44
Riddellhmm, that's quite a pain, I'm not sure where to look for that10:45
Riddellit's probably part of Qt10:45
Lure_Riddell: since they claim it worked at least on 5.04, it may be Qt/KDE regression or xkb change (no duplicates in 5.04?)10:46
Lure_I am concerned that this kind of issue may limit usefullness of our KubuntuLaptopButtons implementation...10:46
=== pounk [n=pounkf@142-217-81-161.telebecinternet.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== fre1 [n=fred@73.43.102-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
mornfallgoodnight folks11:17
Riddellnight mornfall 11:17
=== Huahua [n=hua_@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== verwilst_ [n=verwilst@d54C1EB55.access.telenet.be] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== verwilst_ pets his macbook running kubuntu 6.06 :d
Riddellverwilst_: cool!11:41
Riddellverwilst_: how's it done?11:41
verwilst_sure is :d11:41
verwilst_what do you mean?11:41
Riddellverwilst_: do you need top use that dual boot loader from Apple?11:43
verwilst_in mac os, you start bootcamp11:44
verwilst_and repartition your windows partition11:44
Riddellthat's the one11:44
verwilst_then you boot with the kubuntu cd11:44
verwilst_and use the windows partition as ext3 or something :)11:44
verwilst_pretty easy :)11:44
verwilst_only my @ and # aren't working yet :(11:44
verwilst_and backlight controls and stuffs11:45
verwilst_the bottom is pretty hot though11:45
verwilst_i can't keep my hand on it for a few seconds11:45
=== LeeJunFan [n=junfan@adsl-69-210-207-5.dsl.klmzmi.ameritech.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
verwilst_Riddell: knetworkmanager doesn't support wpa?11:48
Riddellnot yet11:49
Tonio_Riddell: I'm on universe apps actually...11:51
Tonio_Riddell: I have an issue with kio-locate....11:51
RiddellTonio_: what's up?11:51
Tonio_Riddell: a strange issue that fails the build with scons......11:51
Tonio_lots of people have seens this one on the net, but nobody seems to have the key :)11:52
Tonio_but I will find....11:52
Tonio_I still have my 30 universe apps to merge, and a few new apps to package, like kwlan, since it'll be a good replacement for wlassistant eventually....11:52
Tonio_I also found better than knemo ;)11:53
alleeTonio_: ^^ which is better?11:55
Lure_verwilst_: knetworkmanager supports wpa, but not will all wifi drivers11:55
Tonio_allee: let me show you11:56
Tonio_that would be very interesting to provide a kind of "real time initiation video for kubuntu" ;)11:58
Tonio_users generally appreciate video "howtos" :)11:58
alleeTonio_: that's cool, but I don't get the relation to knemo 11:58
Tonio_there is no11:58
Tonio_just wait for me to find out the link11:58
allee1 ccd 600x60011:59
allee64x 64 ccds insgesamt11:59
alleekuerzerster job 30 sec bei 600x60011:59
alleeein client arbeitet 20 x 600x600 pixels ab --> 10 min rechenzeit11:59
alleejeder client liest 3 files11:59
allee20 x 600x600 x 4 byte -> 29 MB11:59
allee3 files -> 90 MB11:59
alleebei 10 MB durchsatz 9 sec11:59
allee30 sec processing       60 %11:59
allee10 sec IO20 %11:59
allee10 sec setup/cleanup20 %11:59
=== claydoh [n=clay@bb-66-63-100-239.gwi.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
allee==> 175 Tage CPU  ~ 1.5 x 175 = 260 reale Tage11:59
alleeEin Bild verarbeiten heisst:11:59
allee600x600x64x64x4  x 3 files =  16875 MB     / 200  ~ 85 MB pro node11:59
alleeIn 10 min mussen 90MBx200 = 18000 MB uebertragen werden -> 30 MB11:59
verwilst_Lure_: aaaah it works11:59
alleeBei 10 MB thoughput -> 3 IO server + 1 spare12:00
verwilst_i just seemed to try and connect to a wep AP :)12:00
verwilst_you can't see wether it's wep or wpa in the interface :(12:00
alleef*ck.  sorry!12:00
=== allee hides
Riddellallee: we forgive you12:01
Tonio_Riddell, mornfall: http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=2457912:02
Tonio_any opinion ?12:02
Tonio_quite nice in my opinion12:02
Riddellis that a tree widget on the left hand side?12:04
RiddellI'm not much of a fan of tree widgets with 10,000 items12:04
Tonio_allee: http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=1626412:04
Tonio_this one's kool12:05
Tonio_Riddell: don't you like amarok ?12:05
Riddellamarok isn't a tree item12:05
Riddelloh, the stuff on the left of amarok is12:05
Riddelland I hate that :)12:05
Tonio_Riddell: ah.... that's very clear in my opinion12:05
Tonio_this frontend really ressembles to amarok's structure12:06
Riddellthis is why we don't have KControl in kubuntu12:06
Tonio_well it depends on the application12:06
Tonio_in that case, that sounds clear because of the tabs on the left (like amarok also)12:06
=== allee wish network monitor apple devels would work together
Tonio_well there is a little bunch of packages I have to do after I finish the universe merging of kde applications....12:07
Tonio_hard month coming ::)12:08

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!