=== ritvik [n=rix@mailout1.vmware.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== beford [n=x@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== _human_blip_ [n=mike@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== robertj [n=robertj@66-188-77-153.dhcp.athn.ga.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== icmp [n=icmp@unaffiliated/icmp] has left #ubuntu-devel ["bye]
ritvikI hibernated the system .... after resume my usb keyboard was working but usb mouse was got stuck any idea what logs should I include while filing this bug? 12:16
=== chris38-home [n=Christia@mut38-4-82-233-119-151.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Yvonne [n=01101110@pdpc/supporter/active/Yvonne] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== imbrandon_ [n=brandon@ubuntu/member/pdpc.active.imbrandon] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== apokryphos [n=apokryph@host-84-9-32-121.bulldogdsl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== _TomB [n=ownthebo@ACCB4168.ipt.aol.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== TomB| [n=ownthebo@ACCB4168.ipt.aol.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== FunnyLookinHat [n=funnyloo@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ptlo [n=senko@83-131-70-65.adsl.net.t-com.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== freeflying|away [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jsgotangcogood morning01:49
Burgworkjsgotangco, what is the addy for the fridge people?01:50
jsgotangcoi dunno they have a private list though01:51
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ethan__ [n=ethan@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rpedro [n=rpedro@87-196-43-48.net.novis.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== truz_`24 [n=truz_`24@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== HETSITO [i=juan0516@host141.200-51-132.pilar-ciudad.com.ar] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== HETSITO [i=juan0516@host141.200-51-132.pilar-ciudad.com.ar] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== Amaranth [n=amaranth@ubuntu/member/amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== licio [n=licio@ubuntu/member/licio] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzjsgotangco: yes, that's the one03:01
=== hunger [n=tobias@p54A6258F.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bmonty [n=bmonty@ubuntu/member/bmonty] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdubmdz: would you be comfortable with pulseaudio being setuid (so it can grab realtime priority)?03:16
jdubmdz: or would you want to attack that a different way?03:16
=== Arrogance [n=aks@ottawa-hs-64-26-167-180.d-ip.magma.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdubmdz: noting that it drops all privs (apart from the realtime capability) on startup... but can also be network-visible03:17
mdzjdub: if it drops privileges immediately, it shouldn't be a problem03:17
jdubsee #11 in the faq here: http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/Documentation#FrequentlyAskedQuestions03:18
wasabiWhat's the current plan with all that stuff, seeing as alsa has dmix now?03:22
Lathiati thought dmix had been around for a long time, and was generally kindof working but often broke?03:22
jdubthere are plenty of interesting problems that dmix doesn't solve03:23
jdubso it's nice that it's there03:23
jdubbut ultimately it is poo03:23
wasabicaching sound bytes, etc?03:23
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdubsource volume mixing, caching, smart mixing, desktop integration, etc., etc.03:23
wasabiTrue. Wondering what the plan is for Pulse AND Alsa/OSS at the same time though.03:24
wasabiPulse doesn't seem to fix that on it's own. Looks like it's super smarter about closing devices though.03:24
jdubdirectly in ubuntu, no plan03:24
wasabiUnless you send alsa through pulse... that sounds kinda iffy though03:24
jdubin general in the desktop community, that is being worked on (and includes pulse in the recipe)03:25
jdubalsa -> pulse and fus[ed]  for /dev/dsp03:25
wasabiIs Pulse able to take advantage of hw mixing support if available?03:26
=== wasabi reading the FAQ
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== asac_ is now known as asac
Hobbseemorning all03:28
Lathiatcrazy, you can have multiple senders and receivers multicasting with this RTP stuff03:33
Lathiatthats pretty nuts03:33
_ionHuh? Isn't that pretty much the point of multicasting?03:34
Lathiat_ion: yeh but with audio :)03:34
Lathiatand you can combine two stereo sound cards into a virtual surround.. heh03:34
_ionThey will run out of sync eventually.03:35
Lathiat"Please keep in mind that PulseAudio will constantly adjust the sample rate to compensate for the deviating quartzes of the sound devices. This is not perfect, however. Deviations in a range of 1/44100s (or 1/48000s depending on the sampling frequency) can not be compensated. The human ear will decode these deviations as minor movements (less than 1cm) of the positions of the sound sources you hear."03:35
=== FliesLikeABrick [n=Ryan@about/rpi/rawdor] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
rodarvussladen: ping03:59
rodarvusI'm merging our X drivers to their Debian counterparts03:59
rodarvusI noticed you created a half dozen patches for xserver-xorg-driver-i81004:00
rodarvusbut these patches do not apply cleanly to the new version (
sladenrodarvus: most of those are pulls from upstream CVS, they /should/ all be in new upstream pulled via Debian04:01
rodarvusoh, thats nice04:01
sladenrodarvus: if any of the issues are still around later in the release cycle I'll approach them again04:02
rodarvussladen: I propose we sync from Debian ( and from there, we can apply patches that are still relevant, if any04:02
sladenrodarvus: yes, I'd prefer a straight sync, stabilise that and work from there04:03
rodarvussladen: nice! thanks a lot!04:03
sladenrodarvus: if any of our patches haven't gone back to xorg, we've screwed up04:03
sladenrodarvus: how are you coping with cleaning up the mess left by the package renaming?04:04
rodarvussladen: adding Conflicts/Replaces to each of our previous drivers, syncing when possible, merging otherwise04:05
=== bronson [n=bronson@adsl-69-109-105-29.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
rodarvusafter we are done syncing/merging the drivers, its just a matter of updating xorg to ship xserver-xorg-video-all, instead of xserver-xorg-driver-all04:06
rodarvussladen: almost there, btw - I've done 39 drivers today, only two missing (i810 included)04:06
rodarvus(most of them were almost-sync cases, though)04:07
sladenrodarvus: oooh, excellent.  04:07
=== freeflying|away [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #ubuntu-devel
rodarvusmdz: ping04:10
mdzrodarvus: pong04:13
rodarvusmdz: are you able to reject two packages in NEW for me?04:14
mdzrodarvus: sure04:14
rodarvusI uploaded xserver-xorg-video-mga and xserver-xorg-video-rendition to NEW, with stripped source code (this code was stripped from Debian version but not from ours)04:15
=== sjoerd [i=sjoerd@tunnel3460.ipv6.xs4all.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
rodarvusmdz: thanks04:16
rodarvusbinary blobs which are not dfsg compliant but which we can distribute04:17
=== saynte [n=saint@d141-76-190.home.cgocable.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== RadiantFire [n=ryan@c-69-180-43-27.hsd1.ga.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sharms [n=mindwarp@cpe-24-208-242-169.twmi.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lukaswayne9 [n=lukas@c-68-84-69-12.hsd1.nj.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mgalvin [n=mgalvin@ubuntu/member/mgalvin] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bluefoxicy [n=bluefox@c-68-33-112-13.hsd1.md.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
bluefoxicyIf anyone cares, I am trying to convince the GCC devs that it is useful to pass function and file to the stack smash protection catch functions so that distro-side we can nab the data as soon as the bug is first triggered and patch the bug as early as possible05:35
bluefoxicythey do not believe that this is useful, apparently either A) the end user should debug it with a debugger (NOT GOING TO HAPPEN); or B) the developer should debug it with a debugger (IF HE CAN REPRODUCE THE PROBLEM)05:36
bluefoxicyI am fairly certain there are times when bugs actually get triggered very rarely and are hard to reproduce, so I think we need to be able to opportunisticly collect this data.  How that code gets used is up to distro patching (you could patch libssp0 to log to syslog() for example and then have a daemon watch syslog() and ask the user to send a report back to Ubuntu)05:37
bluefoxicyhttp://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=28328 and http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=28334 (I am more interested in 28328; we can easily do 28334 distro-side but doing 28328 distro side causes BREAKAGE AND INCOMPATIBILITY)05:38
Ubugtugcc.gnu.org bug 28328 in other "Stack smash protection non-verbose" [Normal,Unconfirmed]  05:38
bluefoxicyIf anyone is interested.05:38
=== kermitX_ [n=kermit@unaffiliated/cxg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bronson [n=bronson@adsl-69-109-105-29.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== _human_blip_ [n=mike@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== shaya [n=spotter@user-0ccetig.cable.mindspring.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Eleaf [n=ethan@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lukaswayne9 [n=lukas@c-68-84-69-12.hsd1.nj.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sjoerd [i=sjoerd@tunnel3460.ipv6.xs4all.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== freeflying|away [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== chris38-home [n=Christia@mut38-4-82-233-119-151.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== slomo__ [n=slomo@dslb-084-061-176-067.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== JanC [n=janc@lugwv/member/JanC] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@tonio.planetemu.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rodarvus [n=rodarvus@ubuntu/member/rodarvus] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== fabbione [i=fabbione@gordian.fabbione.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== marsu_ [n=user@c83-248-241-49.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Xof [n=mas01cr@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== wasabi [n=wasabi@ubuntu/member/wasabi] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== segfault [i=segfault@cerberus.softwarelivre.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jmg [n=cartel@shinobi.thoughtcrime.org.nz] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Toadstool [n=jcorbier@ubuntu/member/toadstool] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hile [i=hile@hack.fi] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zakame [n=zakame@ubuntu/member/zakame] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== anibal_ [n=ams@debian/developer/anibal] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== beezly [n=andy@terrapin.shef.ac.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Riddell [i=jr@kde/jriddell] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== wasabi_ [n=wasabi@ubuntu/member/wasabi] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== winkle [i=winkle@suiko.acc.umu.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mjr [i=mjrauhal@myntti.helsinki.fi] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== neuralis [n=krstic@solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dooglus [n=dooglus@rincevent.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== knopper [n=knopper@knopper.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Kaloz [i=kaloz@openwrt.org] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jordi [n=jordi@115.Red-213-96-69.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== uniq [n=frode@ubuntu/member/frode] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Trewas [n=ilonen@raato.lut.fi] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== _ion [i=johan@kiviniemi.name] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Hadaka [i=naked@naked.iki.fi] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== siretart [i=siretart@ubuntu/member/siretart] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== smurf [n=smurf@run.smurf.noris.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Traxer [i=traxer@shell6.powershells.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
BurgundaviaSeveas: ping07:59
=== azeem [n=mbanck@host109.natpool.mwn.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lukketto [n=lukketto@host251-8.pool877.interbusiness.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== azeem [n=mbanck@host109.natpool.mwn.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== theBishop [n=mike@cpe-68-174-68-74.ucwphilly.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== freeflying|away [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== azeem [n=mbanck@host109.natpool.mwn.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Fujitsu [n=Fujitsu@c211-28-182-241.eburwd7.vic.optusnet.com.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== robitaille [i=robitail@ubuntu/member/robitaille] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== carlos [n=carlos@222.Red-88-9-27.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bronson [n=bronson@adsl-69-109-105-29.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bronson [n=bronson@adsl-69-109-105-29.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirinfinity: (re syck), yes, -O0 makes the testsuite not fail, iirc.  It's the wrong fix, but the code is messy and I don't really care enough to fix the test suite properly.09:10
=== carlos [n=carlos@30.Red-88-9-34.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== herzi [n=herzi@kiwi.mediascape.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== marcin_ant [n=marcin@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== marilize [n=marilize@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lbm [n=lbm@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pitti [n=pitti@ubuntu/member/pitti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Kagou [n=Kagou@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiGood morning09:25
=== HiddenWolf [n=HiddenWo@136.56.dynamic.phpg.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sivangGood morning09:51
pittihi sivang 09:51
=== ompaul [n=ompaul@ubuntu/member/ompaul] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sivanghey pitti , what's up?09:52
freeflying|awaypitti: hi09:54
pittihi freeflying|away 09:55
pittisivang: yesterday, my first crash report saw the light of the day (or, rather, the space of /var/crash/ :) )09:56
freeflyingpitti: would you mind review a package, it's in main, I do some improvement for it(scim-chewing)09:57
sivangpitti: heh09:57
=== HiddenWolf [n=HiddenWo@136.56.dynamic.phpg.net] has left #ubuntu-devel []
sivangpitti: was it related to SSP on PPC ? :-)09:59
pittifreeflying: sure, if you send me a debdiff, I can upload it10:00
pittisivang: no, just some test crashes to try my new crash-reporter agent10:00
freeflyingpitti: thx, I'd send you soon10:00
pittifreeflying: I can't judge the functionality, though, I trust you for that :)10:00
=== el [n=konversa@u40-30.dsl.vianetworks.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sivangpitti: oh nice, have you uploaded it already so it can be tested?10:02
sivangpitti: how do you know when a crash has happened also ?10:03
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittisivang: no, not yet; it's in bzr if you want to play with it10:05
pittisivang: but I still need to add packaging bits so that it works OOTB10:05
pittisivang: pure magic :)10:05
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i577B244D.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittidholbach: Guten Morgen10:09
dholbachheyy pitti, good morning everybody10:09
dholbachheya jsgotangco10:09
sivangpitti: :-)10:17
sivangdholbach: !10:17
sivangyo jsgotangco 10:17
dholbachhey sivang10:17
jsgotangcosivang: hi!10:17
pittihi \sh 10:19
seb128dholbach: do you know if janimo knows he's supposed to do syncs with Debian for xfce too?10:29
=== KaiL_ [n=KaiL@p548F590C.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachseb128: i suppose so, he's on a trip atm - gloubiboulga knows more (and might want to do some of the syncs)10:30
seb128dholbach: I'm asking because he's doing uploads to edgy atm and those have no sync mention10:30
dholbachseb128: gloubiboulga, right?10:31
seb128Changed-By: Jani Monoses <jani@ubuntu.com>10:31
seb128cf edgy-changes list10:31
SeveasBurgwork, pong10:36
freeflyingpitti: it's not decided by I only, I have talked this with other guys in ubuntu-cn10:41
=== Zdra [n=zdra@28-28.241.81.adsl.skynet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== doko [n=doko@dslb-088-073-089-074.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittihi doko10:49
=== olemke [n=olemke@p54895D92.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dokopitti moin10:58
=== kermitX_ [n=kermit@unaffiliated/cxg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachogra: how is gnome-power-manager coming along?11:01
=== highvoltage [n=jono@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
freeflyingpitti: sent debdiff to you11:04
dholbachogra: and yet another gnome-screensaver! :-)11:04
=== Gloubiboulga [n=gauvain@ubuntu/member/gloubiboulga] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== slomo__ is now known as slomo
=== Ubugtu [n=bugbot@ubuntu/bot/ubugtu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirogra: are you going to release knot-1 too soonish? 11:28
MithrandirRiddell: are you going to release knot-1 too soonish? 11:28
=== pvanhoof [n=pvanhoof@mailhost.newtec.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograMithrandir, end of the week was the planned date, no ?11:32
Mithrandirogra: it is, but that means looking at http://people.ubuntu.com/~cjwatson/testing/edgy_probs.html is becoming a better idea by the hour.11:34
ograMithrandir, fixing the seeds is on my list for this week... i *only* have the g-p-m megre to finish  :)11:35
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachogra: you want to do the gnome-screensaver update?11:35
dholbachseems we didn't do that merge either11:36
ogradholbach, how should we merge that :) debian is behind in versions11:36
ograi carried the patches over that were not applied upstream yet11:37
dholbachshould be no trouble to merge it, no?11:37
ograwe have g-s-s 2.1511:37
seb128ogra: like we did for everything GNOMEish?11:37
ograthey still have 2.1411:37
seb128get their package11:37
seb128and update to 2.15 from it11:38
ograand i merged the patches into 2.1511:38
ograadditionally i sent most of them upstream (modulo the gconf changes he didnt want)11:38
seb128job easier for you if everything is upstream11:38
seb128take the Debian package11:38
seb128run dch11:38
ograso i hope one of the newt version will carry them upstream11:38
seb128write your changelog11:38
ograwe never had a package that was even near the debian one 11:39
seb128if there is some Ubuntu changes required use them11:39
seb128that's why we do merges from Debian11:39
seb128to get packages nearer of them11:39
ograwe shipped g-s-s one release ahead of them and they packaged it completely differently11:39
seb128it there any interest to keep a different packaging?11:39
ograsince that wont change i we'll have to merge it anyway11:40
seb128so why do you discuss it?11:40
ograi dont see the advantage ...11:40
seb128I can merge it if you want ...11:40
seb128I know how to do :p11:40
ograi have to merge it *every* release and have to look at their packaging anyway11:40
seb128why every release?11:41
ograso why should we not keep the packaging we have11:41
seb128I don't get your question11:41
ograbecause we'll be ahead one version in every release11:41
seb128we try to be near of Debian, i.e: base the packages on Debian when we can11:41
dholbachanyway we can take good packaging changes, that's not a matter of a version number11:41
ograso it doesnt really matter since its every time a manual merge11:41
seb128let me make it clear for you11:41
seb128- take the debian package11:41
seb128- apply the ubuntu changes to it11:41
seb128- update the package for 2.1511:41
seb128then you have a 2.15 package merged from Debian11:42
ogra*sigh* thats so pointless11:42
seb128and you can update than one when the new version come11:42
seb128you can argue than merges have not useful11:42
ograi have to merge it manually *anyway* 11:42
ograwhats the point here ? 11:42
seb128but we decided to merge on Debian11:42
seb128enough discussion with you, feel free to do whatever you want, if you think your packages should not be merged with Debian that's up to you11:43
dholbachthe point is that we want to stay close to debian and if you're concerned about too much upstream changes, you can run a diff on the debian/ dirs only11:44
ogradholbach, my point is that we cant stay close to debian with packages we package a version ahead11:44
Mithrandirogra: yes, we can.  The packaging shouldn't be much different.11:45
Mithrandirit's just a different orig.tar.gz11:45
ograespecially with packages that are known to be like that *every* new release11:45
dholbachogra: we did that for *all* gnome packages11:45
ograso why wasnt g-s-s and g-p-m packaged in debian first then ? 11:45
Mithrandirogra: that's irrelevant.  Now that they are, they should be merged.11:45
Kamionogra: seb128 is kind of an expert in packages that are packaged a version ahead, you know11:46
ograi dont think it matters and i'm not really after merging packages with debhelper cdbs mixes and the like11:46
Kamionogra: so maybe you shouldn't discount stuff he's saying about that11:46
ograyes, i'll merge them *sigh* !11:46
dholbachogra: seb128 and I can think of more enjoyable tasks as well :)11:47
Mithrandirdholbach,seb128 : I realise you guys are insanely busy, as always, but if you'd have any chance of clearing any of your stuff out of http://people.ubuntu.com/~cjwatson/testing/edgy_probs.html , I'd be very, very happy.11:47
ogradholbach, i just dont like the extra work for packages that mostly live from our patches11:47
seb128Mithrandir: if people could process NEW it would really help11:48
dholbachMithrandir: gnome 2.15.4 release is just in progress -- ~25 tarballs ahead11:48
seb128Mithrandir: stuff like new n-c-b blocking python-gnome-desktop breaks a stack of packages for GNOME11:48
Kamionseb128: I'm working on it11:48
seb128thank you11:48
Mithrandirdholbach: ok, coolie.  I hope that'll clear up a bit, then.11:49
seb128Mithrandir: I'll work on clearing that this afternoon, I'm almost done with my 2.15.4 packages list11:49
Kamionarchive admin is unpleasantly close to a full-time job ATM11:49
Mithrandirseb128: excellent, thanks.11:49
=== seb128 hugs Kamion for his work on that
Kamionnautilus-cd-burner needs a give-back on !i386 though11:51
Kamionor something11:51
KamionI've accepted it on i386 but that will only buy you so much11:51
=== pounk [n=pounkf@142-217-81-161.telebecinternet.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamion(and it'll hit NEW again on the other architectures due to an annoying quirk of soyux)11:52
Zdrawill gnome-mount be integrated in edgy ? I want to test some of my nautilus patch and it's easier if gnome-mount is packaged in edgy :p11:53
pittiZdra: I doubt it11:53
pittiZdra: it's quite useless in its current state11:54
pittiZdra: and it requires cvs head hal, which is quite crackful ATM11:54
Zdrapitti: ok didn't know that it's experimental :)11:54
Zdrawill try compiling it myself so11:55
Mithrandir\sh: you broke intlfonts.11:56
Mithrandir\sh: as in, it calls update-fonts-dir with unsupported arguments.11:56
\shMithrandir: then I have to fix it somehow...11:57
=== lmanul [n=manu@dan75-4-82-239-58-38.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandir\sh: make it depend on a version of xfont-utils that actually have --x11r7-layout11:58
\shMithrandir: lemme check11:59
seb128Kamion: ok, I'll have look on that, thank you12:00
StevenKMithrandir: Surely xfonts-utils?12:00
MithrandirStevenK: yes, typo.12:01
Kamion\sh: (I recommend leaving it alone until xfonts-utils is merged, so that you can actually test it)12:01
\shKamion: kk12:03
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirdoko: ooo is utterly uninstallable on amd64 and sparc.  Care to investigate?12:09
RiddellMithrandir: yes, I'd like to release Knot 1. I've not tested any CDs yet and I'd like to have all of KDE 3.5.3 compiled first but it should be doable12:10
MithrandirRiddell: half the distro is in pieces, so it's not just you who might have problems releasing on time, though. :-P12:10
RiddellI can imagine12:11
dokoMithrandir: a library pulled away?12:12
Mithrandirdoko: ooo-common (2.0.2) depends -core >> 2.0.2, maybe that should be >= ?12:14
pittiMithrandir: but 2.0.2-2ubuntu12-1 >> 2.0.212:15
tsengshuold all these new python packages have Replaces: and cleanly upgrade?12:15
Mithrandirpitti: hm, true dat.12:15
tsenginstead of being held back12:15
Mithrandirpitti: I wonder why it blows up12:15
Kamionanyone care to help with a mysterious SSP explosion?12:18
dholbachcan somebody give back librsvg on amd64?12:18
tsengKamion: it isnt in libgcc is it?12:19
pittiKamion: in libgcc?12:19
Mithrandirdoko: oh, it's libc-i386 conflicting with ia32-libs << 1.5 and we have 1.4ubuntu19.12:19
Kamionactually, no, never mind, valgrind is saying somewhat interesting things too12:19
Kamionnah, in chpasswd12:19
seb128dholbach: did GTK 2.10 built?  12:19
seb128dholbach: because librsvg requires it to build12:19
tsengmoin pitti 12:19
Mithrandirdoko: any chance you could steal that merge from Adam?12:19
pittihey tseng12:19
dholbachseb128: yes, it did, i just did a dist-upgrade which removed 2467924674296426 packages, to check what's going on12:20
dholbachseb128: with librsvg built we should be a bit better on the track again12:20
seb128dholbach: like it removed libgnomeui-0 ? :)12:20
dholbachseb128: then we have a bunch of pygtk apps depending on py2.4-something12:20
dholbachseb128: no, not that, that built too12:20
seb128so it should not remove that many packages then ...12:20
dholbachmaybe it was some less package ;)12:21
seb128dholbach: python issues are due to gnome-python-desktop waiting on new n-c-b12:21
dokoMithrandir: and it's gcc-4.1/gcj-4.1 FTBFS ... I love ssp ...12:21
pittidoko: so maybe we should build gcc-4.1 itself without ssp for now on ppc12:21
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittidoko: leaving -fs-p enabled on powerpc in the spec file should be fine, TTBOMK it only breaks if gcc itself is built with ssp12:22
tsengpitti: it is pretty specifically the stack unwinding code in libgcc12:24
=== el [n=konversa@u40-30.dsl.vianetworks.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittitseng: right12:24
tsengpitti: which i am guessing fails to properly calculate what part of the stack it is in after adding ssp header/trailer12:24
dokopitti: yes, figuring out how to do that ;)12:24
tsengand touchs something it shouldnt12:24
pittidoko: there are no CFLAGS in the gcc-4.1 source?12:24
Kamionthe problems I'm seeing here seem to be to do with fputs() fetching word-at-a-time from the given string and overflowing buffers by <4 bytes12:25
Mithrandirdoko: oh, joy. :-/12:25
dholbachcan somebody give back devhelp, librsvg on !i386?12:25
Mithrandirdoko: trying not to AWTY; any idea when you'll have it fixed?12:26
Kamionyou need Keybuk or infinity for give-backs12:26
pittiKamion: would that be our first bug discovered by ssp then?12:26
dokoMithrandir: a quick fix would be to just disable ssp on powerpc12:26
pitti(for gcc-4.1)12:27
Kamionpitti: shouldn't bugs in fputs() have been discovered before now?12:27
pittiKamion: I would expect so...12:28
tsengalot of people have been using ssp for years, im finding it hard to believe as well12:28
KamionI'm not asserting that fputs() is bug-free but it's not my first suspect12:28
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamionbut at the same time the code looks ok - I'm digging12:28
dokopitti: the compiler is bootstrapped with itself; so you have to make sure that it defaults to -fstack-protector, the runtime libraries are built using it, but not the compiler itself.12:29
Kamionah, maybe valgrind is misleading me here12:29
tsengdoko: the runtime libraries are the trouble12:30
pittidoko: oh, is libgcc a runtime library?12:30
pittidoko: maybe it's easier to just enable -fno-stack-protector for libgcc?12:30
pitti(or all runtime libs)12:30
dokopitti: yes. hmm, looking at it12:30
=== pitti loves it when sources from stable releases FTBFS
slomoat least for the exception thingie it is only libgcc12:31
tsengmorn slomo 12:31
slomohi tseng :)12:31
=== seb128_ [n=seb128@ANancy-151-1-76-229.w81-50.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachcan metacity be given back on !i386 too?12:39
=== lukketto [n=lukketto@host251-8.pool877.interbusiness.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lukketto [n=lukketto@host251-8.pool877.interbusiness.it] has left #ubuntu-devel []
Kamioninteresting, the ssp failure in chpasswd is actually on exit from main() ...12:49
Mithrandirdoes it have any atexit handlers or similar registered?12:49
Kamiongood thought, but not that I can see12:50
ogradholbach, you didnt want to keep the patched icons in g-p-m iirc ?12:50
dholbachogra: i need to double check if the new version does gtk icon theme look up properly12:51
Kamionaha! got it12:51
dholbachogra: safer to keep them in, for the mo12:51
Kamiona local char[]  was one byte too small12:51
ogradholbach, ok, will do ...12:51
dholbachogra: merci beaucoup12:51
sivanghmm, interesting12:52
sivangErrors were encountered while processing:12:52
sivang /var/cache/apt/archives/libscim8c2a_1.4.4-4ubuntu1_i386.deb12:52
sivangE: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)12:52
sivangbut hen I did apt-get -f install, and then manually dpkg -i from the cache , it just worked.12:52
slomoprobably missing conflicts12:53
slomoor replaces12:53
dokoinfinity, Mithrandir, fabbione: gcj-4.1 should be retried on powerpc, sparc, amd6412:56
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== FliesLikeABrick [n=Ryan@about/rpi/rawdor] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gloubiboulga [n=gauvain@ubuntu/member/gloubiboulga] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachhey Gloubiboulga12:58
Gloubiboulgahi dholbach, I was /querying you12:59
dholbachGloubiboulga: oh? please send again12:59
dholbachseems i didn't get it12:59
dholbachGloubiboulga: you were identified with the network?12:59
Gloubiboulgadholbach, I am now01:00
slomohm, and hal needs a give-back01:04
=== lukketto [n=lukketto@host251-8.pool877.interbusiness.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lukketto [n=lukketto@host251-8.pool877.interbusiness.it] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== _TomB [n=ownthebo@ACCB4168.ipt.aol.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
RiddellKamion: do you have enough powers to give back qt4-x11 for recompiling?01:13
KamionRiddell: n01:14
KamionRiddell: you need a member of launchpad-buildd-admins01:15
ogradoes pbuilder-satisfydepends take ages for anyone else or is that my edgy over here ?01:16
ogra(about 1min for every dependency)01:16
Riddellogra: doesn't take that long for me01:16
slomoogra: same for me01:17
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Riddellalthough it's certainly longer than apt-get01:17
ograanyone of you using ppc ?01:17
dholbachthe new dependency resolver in apt is slower01:17
dholbachmvo is aware of it01:17
slomoogra: it is slow on x86/ppc for me :)01:17
dholbachit's slower on amd64 too01:17
ograslomo, oh, fine then, i'm not feeling so alone anymore :)01:18
pittiogra: is it that much better than apt-get build-dep foo?01:18
slomoogra: for most of my builds this takes longer than actually building the package ;)01:19
ogradholbach, i noticed generl apt slowness, but that pbuilder thing is really extreme :)01:19
ograpitti, apt-get build-dep works faster01:21
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-devel
imbrandon_ogra, i'm on pcc , need something ?01:21
ograimbrandon_, nope, i' on ppc as well :)01:22
imbrandon_ahh ok01:22
imbrandon_s/pcc/ppc ;)01:22
=== Zdra [n=zdra@di-pc65.ulb.ac.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== licio [n=licio@ubuntu/member/licio] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== RemoteViewer [n=555@stan.physik.fu-berlin.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gloubiboulga_ [n=gauvain@ubuntu/member/gloubiboulga] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Znarl [n=znarl@dark.roundabout.org] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Riddellsmurf: are you going to update gnupg2 in debian?  there's a new version out01:56
dholbachdid somebody give back librsvg and devhelp on !i386?01:57
=== ogra_ibook [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ografun, my system just rebooted out of the blue, half of my HDD content is missing, gnome doesnt work anymore apart from the panels, evo starts an empty window with no widgets ... and my clock is set to 190402:01
dholbachogra: set the date to a proper time and you should be fine again02:02
=== LeeJunFan [n=junfan@adsl-69-210-207-5.dsl.klmzmi.ameritech.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachat least gnome should start again fine02:02
ograindeed i set the clock when gdm didnt start 02:03
ograwhich fixed that 02:03
ograbut i have a ton of bonobo errors02:03
ograand it seems half of /usr/bin is missing anyway02:03
dholbachhow did you manage to get rid of half of /usr/bin?02:04
ograno idea02:04
ograthe lappie "just rebooted" out of the blue ...02:04
ograafter the reboot the system was in this condition02:04
dholbachanything interesting in /var/log/syslog?02:04
ograthe fun is that it booted fine this morning and i didnt do any upgrades, so there should be any difference 02:05
ogranope, already looked02:05
ograat least my pbuilder seems to work :)02:05
=== epx [n=Elvis@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== eggauah [n=daniel@150233.cps.virtua.com.br] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamion1904 is the Mac epoch; if battery power to the clock fails then it tends to reset to that02:10
ograKamion, but both were ok02:11
ograindeed that was the first i checked :)02:11
ogra(battery is at 100% and power was plugged in)02:11
ograi'm not really worried about the timestamp ... my HD worries me ... 02:12
ograbut apparently all stuff in /home isnt touched02:12
Kamionbattery power to the clock could fail due to a loose connection or something, not necessarily just "out of battery"02:12
=== Gerrath [n=Shane_@unaffiliated/gerrath] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograsigh, not even the schema patches apply to the new g-p-m02:34
ogragrmbl ... pbuilder taking 45mins for the build deps doesnt help either ...02:41
Riddellpitti: would you be able to do main inclusion review for gnokii and gnupg2 today?  they're blocking large parts of KDE02:42
Hobbseeogra: ouch?  why so long?02:42
ograHobbsee, no idea02:42
=== Gloubiboulga [n=gauvain@ubuntu/member/gloubiboulga] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseeogra: how many MB of updates does it need?  that seems just a bit extreme02:43
ograits only the parsing that takes ages ... installing them and setting them up is done in 2 mins02:43
Hobbseeah...yeah...i've noticed that02:43
=== chuck_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zul [n=chuck@ubuntu/member/zul] has joined #ubuntu-devel
slomoogra: build it locally or do pbuilder login and do everything there02:44
ograslomo, yes, thats what i will do the next run ... 02:44
=== lukketto [n=lukketto@host116-154.pool876.interbusiness.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@ubuntu/member/ivoks] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograseb128, dholbach, where is the clealooks engine binary gone ? 03:00
=== jsgotangco pats ogra take a rest first =)
seb128ogra: gtk2-engines-clearlooks package?03:01
seb128/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libclearlooks.so on your disk03:01
ograi just got a bugreport that its not existent anymore after debian made namechanges03:01
seb128we are not Debian but Ubuntu :p03:02
ograso we'll keep it 03:02
seb128we didn't did the sync with Debian yet for it because they unsplitted the package03:02
ograyeps ...03:02
seb128not sure if we will keep it splitted, no03:02
ograif you consider unsplitting please notify me, because i have to redo parts of ldm then 03:03
seb128I'll unsplitte this week03:03
seb128so you are notified03:04
seb128the new gtk2-engines from today is on the TODO list03:04
seb128and we will sync with Debian too03:04
ogrado we have any slim theme left in a separate package in main ? 03:05
seb128or do you have a good reason to keep they splitted?03:05
ograits smaller03:05
ograspace is an issue on some thin clients03:05
seb128that's not like the few themes engines were taking a lot of space03:05
ograwell, we're talking about 32 to 64MB machines keeping the filesystem in memory :)03:06
ograso the less i have in their root the better :)03:06
seb128right, but we are speaking about something like 200k 03:06
ograindeed ...03:07
ograbut that sums up :)03:07
=== spacey [n=herman@ubuntu/member/spacey] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograjust tell me if its done or not ... if its done i have to at least adjust the ldm dependencys03:08
seb128that's 0.625% of 32M03:08
seb128I'm not sure that's not worth the extra splitting03:08
ograhaving 10 such packages is 6% already :) 03:08
seb128which is still not that much03:09
seb128and you don't have 10 packages changing03:09
seb128if some k are such an issue just use the stock GTK theme03:09
seb128install no theme engine at all03:09
ograhow do you know ? i have the whole of X changing and no idea yet if it grows or shrinks through that 03:09
ograso i'm cautious about every byte atm :)03:09
seb128as said, use no theme engine but stock GTK theme03:10
seb128it's faster and lighter03:10
ograand no, i wont ship a theme in ldm thats based on the default one :)03:10
seb128so stop complaining03:10
ogra(or would you ship gdm with the gnome default ?)03:11
seb128if you really need to space anyway that's easy to make ldm-theme package and include the theme you want to it03:11
seb128I would be fine shipping the GNOME theme, it's nice :)03:11
ograwe're talking about what i see if gnome-settings-daemon isnt running ? or is there something else now ?03:12
seb128gdm theme? I'm speaking about the gdm login screen03:12
seb128the GTK theme is the greish one but it should be better since GTK 2.8 that it used to be03:13
ograi'm speaking about the gtk theme used in there03:13
ograthe ldm theme itself is just a fullscreen gnomecanvas with some colors03:14
seb128ah, k03:14
ograif python-cairo is ever production ready i'll switch that ... :)03:14
seb128python-cairo works fine03:14
seb128and it's in sync with cairo03:15
seb128what is your issue with it?03:15
ograah, great ...03:15
ograit didnt in dapper when i looked 03:15
seb128it's used by pygtk03:15
ogra(very early)03:15
seb128dapper pygtk uses it03:15
seb128maybe you don't know how to use it? :p03:15
seb128pygtk works on dapper or we would have noticed I think :)03:15
ograi or rodarvus (who will implement the ldm changes) will look into it ...03:17
=== rodarvus reads the backlog
ogras/ldm changes/specced ldm changes/03:18
=== Seveas [n=seveas@ubuntu/member/seveas] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograrodarvus, currently ldm uses a fullscreen gnomecanvas window to theme rendering of that gets quite slow if people add customized themes with fullscreen wallpapers 03:19
ograrodarvus, would be nice to drop canvas in favor of cairo03:21
rodarvus*nods* you told me that in Paris :)03:21
ograoh, right 03:21
ograbut its not mandatory for edgy ... its only a nice to have ...03:22
ogra(i doubt we'll have time for such stuff and the current themeing works)03:22
=== dredg [n=niall@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== carlos [n=carlos@24.Red-88-9-36.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== TomB_ [n=ownthebo@ACBC9355.ipt.aol.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Seveas [n=seveas@ubuntu/member/seveas] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ogra_ibook [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Zdra_ [n=zdra@di-pc19.ulb.ac.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Kamion takes a deep breath and dives head-first into the debian-installer merge
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@mail.ottens.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== TomB| [n=ownthebo@ACBC9355.ipt.aol.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508D9CA9.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograslomo, does your panel menu work on ppc ? 03:52
slomoogra: does it open and close and open and close and so on very fast for you?03:53
ogrado you know a workaround ? 03:53
slomoworks fine for me ;)03:53
slomobut two friends have the same bug on x86 notebooks03:53
ograoh, i thought it was ppc specific03:54
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Keybuk [n=scott@quest.netsplit.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== eggauah [n=daniel@150233.cps.virtua.com.br] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lukketto [n=lukketto@host116-154.pool876.interbusiness.it] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== spacey [n=herman@ubuntu/member/spacey] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== WaterSevenUb [n=WaterSev@azevedo.astro.up.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== FunnyLookinHat [n=funnyloo@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sharms [n=mindwarp@cpe-24-208-242-169.twmi.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukrodarvus: ping?04:24
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
rodarvusKeybuk: pong04:26
Keybukrodarvus: so, I have a whole bunch of X source packages that are "blacklisted" because they appeared in Debian, and hadn't yet appeared in Ubuntu04:27
Keybukxbase-clients, xdebconfigurator, xfonts-100dpi, xfonts-75dpi, xfonts-base, xfonts-cyrillic, xfonts-encodings, xfonts-scalable, xfonts-utils, xfree86-driver-synaptics, xprint-utils, xprintidle, xspecs, xutils, xutils-dev04:28
Keybukare these all in Ubuntu yet?04:28
rodarvusno, not yet - Mithrandir is working on the fonts-related packages, the others haven't been dealt with yet04:29
Keybuk*-video-* have been dealt with now, yes?04:29
rodarvus*nods*, finally04:29
rodarvusI'm working on *-input-* for the next hour, likely04:30
Mithrandirrodarvus: I want to do a bunch of tests, etc on the fonts, so I won't get to that today, sorry.04:33
rodarvusoh, ok04:33
rodarvusI still plan to do deal with Mesa later today, so I'm not sure we'll get to these packages today04:34
seb128iwj: around?04:35
Mithrandirrodarvus: mesa is independent, though.04:35
seb128iwj: hey04:35
iwjYes ?04:35
seb128libnss3 has no shlibs, which break e-d-s by example which doesn't get its depends on libnss304:35
rodarvusMithrandir: yes, but also a requirement for xorg, and (afaik) a lot of trouble to deal with04:35
seb128is that on purpose?04:35
iwjNo shlibdeps you mean ?04:36
Mithrandirrodarvus: you might want to ask infinity about the merge, he said he was going to do it, but turned ill.04:36
seb128iwj: right04:36
iwjThat's wrong.  Is it broken in Dapper too do you know ?04:36
seb128iwj: something that would make the packages building with it getting a libnss3 Depends automagically04:36
seb128iwj: I don't remember having to hack GNOME packages to get the Depends by hand so I supposed it was not broken with dapper04:37
seb128let me check04:37
iwjHow urgently do you need it fixed ?04:37
rodarvusMithrandir: oh, thanks - I will04:38
seb128iwj: we have a good part of GNOME ftbfsing now because packages using libnss3 don't trigger it ... I can workaround e-d-s by forcing the Depends by hand though04:38
rodarvuslast time I talked with him on this subject (last week) he didn't mentioned he would do this merge04:38
iwjseb128: You mean "quite urgently" :-).  I'll see what I can do .04:38
seb128iwj: ie: I want to get that fix this week but I'm fine by workarounding for now04:38
seb128thank you04:39
iwjDoesn't gnome use pkgconfig for everything ?04:39
seb128iwj: it does, why?04:40
iwjISTR pkgconfig having some machinery for package dependencies BICBW.04:40
seb128iwj: e-d-s itself builds fine, the issue is that the shlibs:Depends doesn't list libnss3 ... so the package Depends is missing04:40
seb128iwj: ups, sorry, it was broken for dapper too apparently but we had a "Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, libnss3" which got dropped during the sync with Debian04:45
sharmsis security.ubuntu.com supposed to be down for maintenance or anything now?04:45
seb128iwj: I'll put that Depends back for now but it would be nice to get it fixed one day anyway ;)04:45
=== glatzor [n=sebi@ppp-82-135-83-247.dynamic.mnet-online.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128same for libnspr404:46
iwjseb128: Aha.  Right.  OK.  I was about to say that I couldn't find the change.04:49
iwjI don't think the version numbers are going to change any time soon so it can safely stay the way it is for now.04:49
sharmsanyone want to direct me to the proper channel to report security.ubuntu.com is down?04:51
elmosharms: it's coming back momentarily04:51
=== heno [n=henrik@henrik.gotadsl.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== giftnudel [n=mb@p54A9069C.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukrodarvus: btw, these new xserver-xorg-video-* binaries ... they should go in main, yes?05:05
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@ubuntu/member/ivoks] has joined #ubuntu-devel
rodarvusKeybuk: correct05:05
rodarvusthey will replace xserver-xorg-driver-*, as soon as we have all them finished building05:06
Keybukwe'll need to remove those xserver-xorg-* source and binaries, yes?05:06
RiddellKeybuk: can you give back a bunch of KDE stuff for me?05:06
rodarvusKeybuk: actually, if any of the *-driver-* is in universe, then the corresponding -video- should be there too05:06
RiddellKeybuk: kdeedu, adept, ktorrent, skim, avahi, kscope, kflog, kphone, python-qt3, libkexif05:06
rodarvusKeybuk: correct05:06
=== rodarvus <- lunch (I'll be right back)
Keybukrodarvus: ok, make sure that list is kept around :)05:08
Riddellpitti: I guess that's a no to my main review request? :)05:08
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
rodarvusKeybuk: sure :)05:08
=== WaterSevenUb [n=WaterSev@azevedo.astro.up.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiRiddell: why? I saw the wiki change, but I'm still busy with security stuff05:08
pittiRiddell: you mean for gnupg2?05:08
Riddellpitti: and gnokii05:09
Riddellpitti: whenever you can, but it's blocking lots of KDE bits05:09
pittiRiddell: oh, is it05:09
pittiok, I'll see to it05:09
pittiRiddell: I tried gnokii with my Nokia mobile, and it worked reasonably; I hope the KDE integration is better than xgnokii :)05:10
=== jono [n=jono@88-107-12-0.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
slomohi jono 05:17
tsenghi jono 05:17
=== glatzor [n=sebi@ppp-82-135-83-247.dynamic.mnet-online.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rodarvus [n=rodarvus@ubuntu/member/rodarvus] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== _TomB [n=ownthebo@ACBC9355.ipt.aol.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jonohi slomo, tseng - hows tricks?05:19
=== zenrox [n=zenrox@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tsengjono: good, you?05:20
jonotseng, cool thanks :)05:20
mdzrodarvus: you may be able to get a launchpad DBA to help you move all of the bugs in launchpad to the new package names05:21
rodarvusmdz: good you mentioned this, I had this question noted locally here - do I need to do something else besides contacting the LP DBA?05:22
mdzrodarvus: either that, or write a script05:22
mdzrodarvus: stub is probably the best person to talk to05:23
rodarvusmdz: I'll contact stub as soon as *-driver-* is built (and udpated xserver-xorg is uploaded) - thanks for the info!05:24
stubrodarvus: If I'm not around, open it as a support request on Launchpad05:25
rodarvusstub: *nods*, thanks05:25
mdzrodarvus: we don't need for the binaries to be built; malone works with source packages05:25
rodarvusso this time looks as good as any to request :)05:26
rodarvusstub: do you want me to send the package list via a LP request?05:26
stubSure. I haven't been following the conversation :)05:27
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sbalneav [n=sbalneav@mail.legalaid.mb.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== giftnudel [n=mb@p54A9069C.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Zdra [n=zdra@89.214-242-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== BenC [n=bcollins@debian/developer/bcollins] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ompaul [n=ompaul@ubuntu/member/ompaul] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiRiddell: ah, qt4 is back? :) are there actually apps that use it now?05:47
Riddellpitti: yep05:48
Riddellspeedcrunch for one05:48
Riddellhwdb will I expect05:48
pittiRiddell: ok, for 18 months of support this should be good; I was just hesitant for dapper05:49
=== lukketto [n=lukketto@host116-154.pool876.interbusiness.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiRiddell: I'll do qt4, gpg2, and gnokii now; anything else that is urgent?05:49
Hobbseepitti: the rest of kde?05:49
=== Hobbsee ducks :P
pitti(I'm still buried in pending security updates, so I don't want to spend too much time with reviews)05:49
=== Hobbsee is kidding.
=== pitti hugs Hobbsee
=== dany [n=dany@bi01p1.co.us.ibm.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee hugs pitti, surprised that she didnt get smacked or somethign for that comment :P
ivokshug time? :)05:50
=== dany [n=dany@bi01p1.co.us.ibm.com] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Leaving"]
Hobbseeivoks: sure, but you have to fix a bug first :P05:51
Hobbseeisnt that the rules for the hug day?05:51
=== pitti tickles Hobbsee in the side while hugging her :-P
=== lukketto [n=lukketto@host116-154.pool876.interbusiness.it] has left #ubuntu-devel []
Hobbseehey now!05:51
=== Hobbsee stomps on pitti's foot
Riddellpitti: nothing else urgent no05:51
Hobbseepitti: you be careful of my steel toe capped boots!05:51
pittiHobbsee: tsk, you wear them in this heat?05:51
Hobbseepitti: what heat?  it's winter here.05:52
pittiHobbsee: I'm barefoot, so be careful :)05:52
pittiHobbsee: oh, wrong side of the planet then05:52
Hobbseeooh, so i could break your toes.  that would get you out of security stuff for a bit :P05:52
=== pitti ducks
ograpitti, .au has no heatwave, its always hot there05:52
Hobbseepitti: yeah...05:52
=== ogra pokes his lag
Hobbseepitti: it's a bit of a pain - timezones are so crazy.05:53
=== Hobbsee pokes ogra
Hobbseeogra: dont poke the lag!  you might hurt it!05:53
=== ogra giggles
ivoksHobbsee: is there any snow downunder? :)05:53
pittiHobbsee: yes, I never understood Kolumbus -- a flat world would have been *so* much more practical wrt. timezones05:53
Hobbseeivoks: a bit further south, yeah.  it's ski season :)05:53
Hobbseepitti: LOL!05:53
ograivoks, there were olympic winter games in melbourne once05:53
=== Hobbsee likes that idea.
ivoksHobbsee: ski season... /me drools05:54
Hobbseeivoks: i hear NZ is good for skiing, too05:54
=== Hobbsee hasnt been skiing for a few years :(
=== pitti fetches two icecreams, one for his brain and one for his computer's CPU
=== ivoks doesn't care for skiing and skiers, but snowboarding... ummmmmm
=== ogra has never been skiing
dholbachtemperature: 30,0 C, feels like: 31,5 C05:55
Hobbseepitti: can i have one too please?  MOTU rights, while you're at it?05:55
ivoksdholbach: lol05:55
Hobbseedholbach: nice :)  05:55
dholbachivoks: it's what gweather tells me05:55
=== pitti /msg'es Hobbsee an icecream
ogradholbach, pffz, you havent been outside :)05:55
Hobbseepitti: hehe thanks05:55
dholbachogra: ?!05:55
sivangKeybuk: when you have time, I've applied your last two comments into SystemCleanUpTool, let me know if it's done or you have more reservations.05:55
dholbachogra: i was just out for lunch and took the dog outside :)05:55
ivoksit was 36 here today :/05:55
sivangdholbach: here as well! /me melts05:55
ogradholbach, feels like 45C here and the air feels liquid05:55
dholbachogra: murphy jumped into a small pond - i should head to a lake or something ;)05:56
ograheh, yeah ... a wlan equipped one ;)05:56
Hobbseeogra: maybe if you got out of the spa, then you'd find that wasnt the case05:56
ograHobbsee, hmm ... good hint :P05:56
Hobbseeogra: hehehe05:56
ogra(as if i had a spa (yet))05:56
Hobbseehehe.  yet05:57
=== Hobbsee thinks she's goign a bit crazy
pittiRiddell: gnupg2 report says 'No binaries running as root or suid/sgid.', but that's a lie ;)05:57
Hobbseemust be the thought of 6am meetings to be at.05:57
ograHobbsee, i'm planning a sauna and a spa for this winter in the cellar i just have to finish the move...05:57
Hobbseeogra: nice!  05:57
pittiRiddell: in fact, I believe it's suid root for the same reason that gnupg was (getting locked memory), but that should be unnecessary since kernel 2.6.805:57
pittiRiddell: can you please kill the postinst, postrm, and lintian override and do some tests?05:58
ograyay, finally i have a g-p-m package (even without any of our patches but it builds at least) ... now to the patches05:58
ivoksok, when did we drop skiing subject and turn over to IT subjects? :)05:59
Riddellpitti: hmm, the rules file had the setuid setting commented out, didn't look in the postinst script, let me see05:59
Hobbseeivoks: you're saying that IT cant be discussed on the skifields?05:59
ivoksHobbsee: trust me, it can :)06:00
ivoksHobbsee: but with all that snow, only thing on my mind is "leave the trace" :)06:00
=== giftnudel [n=mb@p54A92B4D.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzdoes anyone know what's at the root of the pygtk dependency mess?06:01
=== ogra tries out what the unpatched g-p-m does
pittiRiddell: TBH I'm not really happy about gnokii; supporting it is tough since it needs particular hardware and there are a lot of bugs in Debian's BTS which look a bit troublesome; can it be made optional?06:02
mdzah, it's python-gnome2-desktop06:02
slomomdz: you mean pygtk itself or gnome-python*? the latter are broken because they're on dep-wait currently because n-c-b is in NEW06:02
mdzslomo: I mean python-gnome2-desktop / python-gnome2-extras (which are part of ubuntu-desktop)06:02
ogragrrr ...06:03
Riddellpitti: it needs to be built with it to support it, but if you're not happy with it I can remove support06:03
mdzI think it's a matter of something needing rebuilding for the python transition06:03
slomomdz: yes, exactly... most of gnome is FTBFS because of them atm but it only needs libmetacity and n-c-b accepted from NEW and we're fine again06:03
slomoor is it building now again? let me check...06:03
pittiRiddell: do you feel it would be a major crippling?06:04
mdzslomo: neither of those are in the new queue06:04
slomomdz: ok, then i assume that they were accepted a short time ago... p-g-d is now again on needs build, should be fine after it build06:05
Riddellpitti: I've had a couple of requests for it but nothing major06:05
RiddellI've had more requests for gpgsm06:06
pittithat makes more sense and is much better supportability-wise06:06
pittiand once the suid root madness is fixed, it's good to go06:06
dokomdz: pong06:06
=== BenC [n=bcollins@debian/developer/bcollins] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzdoko: python-gnome2-desktop and python-gnome2-extras  cannot be installed together; do you know why?06:07
dokomdz: no, didn't look yet. let me have a look06:08
pittiRiddell: qt4-x11 fine for promotion06:09
Riddellpitti: gpg2 works fine without the setuid bit for me06:10
RiddellI'll upload a version without that06:11
pittiRiddell: I expect it just wants it for doing mlock() on 2.4 kernels06:11
pittiRiddell: that's what gpg 1 used it for06:11
=== stratus [n=ubuntu@200217140088.user.veloxzone.com.br] has joined #ubuntu-devel
bluefoxicy* Synchronise with Ubuntu.06:13
bluefoxicy<3 changelog for apmd06:13
pittitseng: ndoc approved for main06:15
siretartpitti: whats the policy regarding packages, which have some binaries in main and others in universe/multiverse? would it be acceptable to have, say, things like ffmpeg in a sourcepackage in main, but keeping the resulting code in multiverse?06:15
tsengpitti: thanks.06:15
pittisiretart: in general, we would like to have all debs of a main source package in main06:16
pittisiretart: the exception is if some deb pulls in dependencies we do not want in main06:16
=== `anthony [n=anthony@220-253-34-198.VIC.netspace.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
siretartpitti: I'm currently talking about xine. I'd like to merge the 2 source packages, because this split is a real PITA06:16
pittisiretart: wrt. patents I don't feel qualified enough to answer that06:16
siretartpitti: who is qualified enough for this? mdz? the TB?06:16
pittisiretart: jdub or elmo might be good persons to ask06:16
pittisiretart: personally, I wouldn't mind having one source and two binaries (xine-main and xine-extracodes as debs from one main source)06:17
siretartpitti: this is what I'd like to do06:18
pittisiretart: but IANAL, and although I do not believe that a judge would make a difference in which directory on archive.u.c. we place a deb, I defer patent stuff to Jeff or James06:18
pittisiretart: s/deb/source package/06:18
siretartjdub: elmo: around? see 3 lines above..06:18
pittisiretart: the alternative would be to make KDE and xfmedia not use xine, but I don't know whether they have an alternative06:20
siretartpitti: I don't think they have alternatives. AFAIK they rely on xine06:20
=== Gerrath [n=Shane_@unaffiliated/gerrath] has joined #ubuntu-devel
siretartbut if we could just demote the resulting binaries, it would help quite a bit06:21
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dokomdz: gnome-python-desktop is uploaded, needs building06:22
mdzdoko: thanks06:23
slomodoko, mdz: and it needs libgnome-media-dev binary promoted to main now06:23
dokomdz: dep-wait, needs libgnome-media-dev06:23
mdzsiretart: main needs to be completely clean, and that includes source packages06:23
mdzsiretart: regardless of where the binaries go06:24
mdzslomo,doko: done, will be in the next publisher run06:25
mdzdoko: ping me if it doesn't automatically retry06:25
slomomdz: thanks :) while at it could you also promote libvisual, libgdiplus and ndoc (source + all binaries)? main inclusion reports are all approved by pitti and stuff is already waiting on it06:26
=== LeeJunFan [n=junfan@adsl-69-210-207-5.dsl.klmzmi.ameritech.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Zdra [n=zdra@89.214-242-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzslomo: done06:30
slomomdz: thanks again :)06:30
mdzRiddell: which binaries in kdeedu are new?  it's not obvious from the queue output; it shows them all06:32
Riddellmdz: ogra updated kdeedu.  it's not a major version change so I expect it's just kdeedu-dbg06:32
=== Zdra [n=zdra@89.214-242-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamionmdz: I use 'm -s edgy -S kdeedu; q info kdeedu' to work it out06:38
KeybukKamion: I use "M -S kdeedu" :p06:39
Keybuk(M == m -s edgy)06:39
mdzKamion: I used apt-cache showsrc|grep-dctrl -sBinary06:39
=== bronson_ [n=bronson@adsl-69-225-162-103.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzthe new thunar looks a bit weird06:40
mdzlibthunar-vfs-1 -> libthunar-vfs-1-206:40
mdzthough, libthunar-vfs-1 contains /usr/lib/libthunar-vfs-1.so.2.1.0 so I guess it's a bug fix06:40
mdzhow did that get into main with the soname not matching the package name?06:41
KamionMithrandir: could you rebuild cdebconf-keystep against the new newt (0.52), please?06:42
=== Kamion -> kid's concert
Keybukmdz: we inherited it from Debian06:42
mdzKeybuk: we still review stuff for main which comes from Debian06:44
mdzit's possible that it was changed since the review06:44
=== ompaul [n=ompaul@ubuntu/member/ompaul] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukmdz: we do?06:48
KeybukI just sync them all :)06:48
pittiRiddell: libifp and kdea11y approved06:48
Keybukso afaik do Colin and Adam06:48
Riddellpitti: thanks pitti :)06:48
Keybukmdz: we seriously do not have the time to check every new source and binary from Debian when we do syncs06:54
Keybukmdz: there's hundreds of them a day06:54
=== lfittl [n=lfittl@83-65-242-161.dynamic.xdsl-line.inode.at] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybuk(though I guess it could have been correct at the MIR point, and then broken by sync)06:58
=== wasabi_ [n=wasabi@ubuntu/member/wasabi] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== FunnyLookinHat [n=funnyloo@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== olemke [n=olemke@p54895D92.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzKeybuk: new sources go into universe by default, and we only promote them to main with an MIR07:10
mdzhttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/MainInclusionReportThunar says it met the library packaging policy as of 2006-01-1907:11
Keybukmdz: yup, I see what you mean now :)07:18
mdzpitti: ping07:21
=== pvanhoof [n=pvanhoof@d54C0E27E.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Riddellmdz: could you promote a few things to main that pitti approved today?07:29
Riddellgnupg2: gpgsm07:29
Riddellkdeaccessibility: kbstate kde-icons-mono kdeaccessibility kmag kmousetool kmouth ksayit kttsd07:29
Riddelllibifp: libifp-dev libifp407:29
Riddelland qt4-x11: libqt4-core libqt4-dev libqt4-gui libqt4-qt3support libqt4-sql qt4-doc07:29
Riddellhmm, gnupg2 has a bunch of build-depends that need looked at07:31
slomoRiddell: oh, qt4 in main... i'll reenable the dbus and avahi bindings later :)07:31
mdzRiddell: gnupg2 and kdeaccessibility binaries done07:31
mdzRiddell: libifp is listed as unreviewed07:31
=== pitti [n=pitti@ubuntu/member/pitti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Riddellmdz: the wiki page says it's approved https://wiki.kubuntu.org/MainInclusionReportLibIfp07:32
mdzpitti: please confirm that ifp is approved and just not moved on the wiki page07:33
pittimdz: yep, sorry, my network broke down at the right moment07:34
mdz o type-handling: type-handling07:34
mdz   [Reverse-Depends: Edgy supported seed] 07:34
mdzRiddell: libifp done07:35
mdzRiddell: and qt4-x1107:36
pittimdz: oh, wiki page already said it was approved07:36
mdzpitti: yes, just wanted confirmation07:36
Riddellthanks mdz 07:36
mdzpitti: btw, it looks like libthunar-vfs-1 was improperly packaged (soname vs. package name) but the inclusion report said that it met the library policy (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MainInclusionReportThunar)07:37
mdztype-handling certainly isn't seeded; must be a germinate weirdness07:37
mdzKamion: ^^^07:37
Keybukmdz: iz germinate bug07:37
Keybuktype-handling Provides linux07:38
pittimdz: thunar> sorry for that07:38
mdzpitti: doesn't lintian catch that?07:40
pittiI don't know, but a test for that seems easy07:40
slomolintian catches this normally07:42
mdzKamion: this shadow upload creeps me out a bit07:43
pittimdz: a USN is underway, if you mean that07:43
mdzpitti: I assume janimo prepared the original report?07:43
pittimdz: yes07:43
mdzpitti: I mean the fix creeps me out :-)07:43
pittimdz: h4ck, h4ck :-P07:44
=== mgalvin [n=mgalvin@ubuntu/member/mgalvin] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has joined #ubuntu-devel
bddebianh4ck iz g00d07:49
sivangpitti: security fix which is a h4ck ? :)07:51
rodarvusany FreeType and (prererably) libxfont wizards around?07:55
rodarvusI needed to use the following patch -> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=603307:55
rodarvusto get libxfont to compile with libfreetype6-2.2.1-207:56
rodarvusit appears to work correctly locally, but I'd like to hear from an experienced voice before uploading it07:57
mdzrodarvus: no, cleaning up after a security bug in the installer07:57
rodarvusmdz: *nods*, thanks anyway :)07:58
=== glatzor [n=sebi@ppp-82-135-83-247.dynamic.mnet-online.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzrodarvus: is this all xserver-xorg-video-* or are there more to come?08:10
tsengKeybuk: can you please give back nant, ndoc, nunit2.2, mono-tools everywhere?08:11
rodarvusmdz: no, all set08:12
mdzrodarvus: OK, I'll promote them once the publisher is finished08:13
rodarvusI have a xserver-xorg update ready to upload xserver-xorg-video-all (announced it on #ubuntu-x one hour ago)08:13
rodarvusmdz: just waiting for the promotion and to check if someone else has valid points against the migration08:14
mdzrodarvus: go ahead with the upload; it will take two publisher runs before it goes in, and the binaries for xserver-xorg-video-* will be published by then08:15
rodarvusok, I'll upload it now, then08:16
rodarvusupload done08:18
pittirodarvus: can I bribe you to do the mesa merge, too?08:22
rodarvuspitti: I wanted to do this merge today, but I was informed infinity was working (or would work) on it08:23
pittioh, ok08:23
rodarvusbut I was unable to find him yet, so I'm unsure on what to do08:23
rodarvusbtw, mesa is apparently one of the packages holding X to be cleanly upgraded08:24
pittirodarvus: he's still ill08:25
pittisladen: are you going to merge linda, or do you want one of us to do it (I'd be fine with merging it)08:26
=== lloydinho [n=andreas@rosinante.egmont-kol.dk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzrodarvus: infinity mailed warthogs saying he was ill08:28
mdzah, pitti mentioned already08:28
maswanpitti: thank you, nice USN: http://www.acc.umu.se/technical/statistics/ftp/monitordata/index.html.en08:28
pittimaswan: yes, kernel updates suck... :(08:29
maswanpitti: Thanks though, we get to test our new cluster, and it seems release-capable without much human intervention. :)08:29
pittimaswan: when running debmirror today, my quota sighed loudly at me, too08:30
pittimaswan: glad to be of help :-p08:30
=== epx [n=Elvis@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
maswanpitti: :)08:42
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-26-3.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
slomoKeybuk: please give-back hal everywhere... builds now08:51
=== mgalvin [n=mgalvin@ubuntu/member/mgalvin] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lbm [n=lbm@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzrodarvus: don't forget to update xserver-xorg to depend on xserver-xorg-video-all08:56
rodarvusmdz: that was done on my upload, thanks for remembering me, though!08:57
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzrodarvus: ah, didn't see it on -changes09:04
rodarvusmdz: oh, sorry, I must have forgotten to note this specific change :/09:05
rodarvuss/note/write on changelog/09:05
=== herzi [n=herzi@kiwi.mediascape.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamionmdz: I know about the germinate weirdness but I haven't had time to investigate it properly yet09:11
Kamionmdz: suggestions for other approaches to shadow welcome; I couldn't think of any others09:12
mdzKamion: cry?09:13
=== seppo [n=olof@c80-217-104-122.cm-upc.chello.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamiondid that already09:14
Keybukhal 0.5.7-2ubuntu4 - powerpc sparc ia64 i386 amd6409:15
Keybukslomo: ^09:15
Keybukrodarvus: you missed one09:15
=== seppo [n=olof@c80-217-104-122.cm-upc.chello.se] has left #ubuntu-devel []
Keybukrodarvus: xserver-xorg-video-v4l09:16
slomoKeybuk: thanks :)09:16
mdzjdub: UWN issues #2-5 seem to be missing from the fridge09:16
Keybuktseng: cannot give back nant or ndoc09:16
rodarvusKeybuk: let me check09:16
Keybuknunit2.2 2.2.0-3ubuntu1 - i38609:16
Keybukmono-tools 1.1.11-4 - i38609:16
tsengKeybuk: what does that mean?09:16
Keybuktseng: which bit?09:16
tsengshould i upload a new build?09:16
tseng"cannot give back"09:17
Keybuktseng: nant doesn't have a failed build to give back09:17
Keybukthe only build is for i386, and it's in "needs building" anyway09:17
Keybukndoc is already successfully built09:17
rodarvusKeybuk: indeed, you're right09:17
tsengKeybuk: thanks.09:17
Keybuktseng: if you want ndoc *rebuilt*, you do need to do a new upload09:17
rodarvusI was merging/syncing the *-video-* drivers based on http://people.ubuntu.com/~fabbione/x-pkgs09:18
tsengKeybuk: I don't, I will stop believing things slomo says now09:18
rodarvusKeybuk: I'll do -v4l *now*09:18
tsengKeybuk: or I misunderstood and he didnt want to give back ndoc09:18
Keybukrodarvus: -v4l is only in Debian -- but will probably still need some touching for the provides, no?09:18
slomotseng: i meant you should care for all of them to be fine :) i didn't know which ones needed a give-back or not but i knew that all of them should be fine now09:19
Keybukrodarvus: sorry, ignore that, it's in Ubuntu too (I looked for -video- in ubuntu <g>)09:19
=== KOnsumer [n=KOnsumer@drsd-d9b85659.pool.mediaWays.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
rodarvusKeybuk: no, actually you're right, I didn't worked on a -v4l packages09:20
rodarvus(and don't think someone else did)09:20
Keybukright -- it needs a merge09:20
=== ompaul [n=ompaul@ubuntu/member/ompaul] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukpitti: all the ndiswrapper packages moved around and I haven't had a chance to figure out how yet09:29
Keybukso if anyone bitches that it's back in universe, that's why09:30
pittiRiddell: qt4-x11-kdecopy?09:31
Keybukthey'll probably need another MIR, given the scale of change09:31
Riddellpitti: what about it?09:31
Riddellooh, it's passed new09:32
Riddellpitti: it's the version of qt4 needed to build kde 4.  I get daily requests from KDE developers for it, thus I supply09:33
KeybukRiddell: yeah, I couldn't find any reason to reject it :(09:33
Keybukand believed me, I tried09:33
KeybukI guess KDE no longer works with qt3?09:33
RiddellKeybuk: KDE 4 doesn't09:34
=== rgould [n=rgould@mail.refractions.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Riddellbut KDE 4 is still hardcore developers only area09:34
KeybukKDE 4 being newer than what we currently have>?09:34
Keybukwhy do we need qt4 in main though?09:34
RiddellKeybuk: some non-KDE application already use qt 409:35
RiddellKeybuk: and any new applications should use qt 4 and avaid having to port later09:35
rodarvusKeybuk: xserver-xorg-video-v4l_0.0.1.5-1ubuntu1_source.changes is NEW09:35
Keybukso KDE users will have two different widget sets mapped into memory?09:35
Keybukdoes that work?09:36
rodarvusKeybuk: I'd be forever thankful if you could Accept it ASAP :)09:36
RiddellKeybuk: yes.  just like how gnome users had to have gtk 1.2 and gtk 2 for a good length of time09:36
Keybukrodarvus: checking now09:36
KeybukRiddell: right, I just mean in the sense have the Qt people thought of that?09:37
Keybukgiven the symbol clash headache09:37
pittiRiddell: it just smells like code duplication :)09:38
rodarvusKeybuk: thanks!09:38
RiddellKeybuk: qt 3 and 4 have completly different filenames, libqt3-mt.so against libqt4-core.so,libqt4-gui.so etc09:40
=== carlos [n=carlos@24.Red-88-9-36.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
RiddellKeybuk: and different symbol names to match09:40
Riddellpitti: there's very little duplicated between qt 3 and 4 if that comforts you :)09:40
KeybukRiddell: filenames doesn't make a difference, the linker just picks the first one it finds09:40
RiddellKeybuk: sure, but I'm yet to hear of any linker getting confused between the two, they're very different and not backward compatible09:41
KeybukRiddell: ok09:41
KeybukI guess they're C++ libraries anyway, so almost certainly have different symbols09:42
pittiRiddell: I mean duplication of code in qt4-x11 and qt4-x11-kdecopy09:42
=== dholbach_ [n=daniel@i577B2ED9.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukpitti: that's a good thing, surely09:42
Keybukit'd me much easier if every application included it's own copy of xpdf's code09:43
Keybukthen we wouldn't have so many upgrade headaches09:43
Riddellpitti: oh yes lots, qt4-x11-kdecopy won't get near main though, and the two packages conflict09:43
pittiRiddell: ah, for universe only? *phew* :)09:43
pittiRiddell: still confused, if KDE needs it, it'll certainly need to be in main?09:44
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Riddellpitti: qt4-x11-kdecopy is qt 4.2-preview plus some random patches, qt4-x11 is the released 4.1.  KDE 4 will get into sync with stable qt long before we need kde 4 in main09:44
pittiRiddell: ah, so they are ABI compatible and you can switch between them?09:45
pittiRiddell: ok, then I love you again :)09:45
=== coyctecm [n=coy@a84-230-81-205.elisa-laajakaista.fi] has joined #ubuntu-devel
crimsunelmo: ping09:58
=== KOnsumer [n=KOnsumer@drsd-d9b85659.pool.mediaWays.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128Keybuk, mdz: could you give a retry to the builds for control-center evolution-exchange epiphany-extensions and gnome-panel?10:07
Keybukcontrol-center 1:2.15.3-0ubuntu1 - powerpc ia64 sparc i386 amd6410:08
Keybukevolution-exchange 2.7.4-0ubuntu1 - powerpc ia64 sparc i386 amd6410:08
Keybukepiphany-extensions 2.15.1-0ubuntu2 - powerpc ia64 sparc i386 amd6410:08
Keybukgnome-panel 2.14.2-1ubuntu1 - powerpc ia64 sparc i386 amd6410:08
KamionMithrandir: never mind, I've done the cdebconf-keystep upload now10:12
KamionMithrandir: feel free to pull from the .bzr directory in the source upload10:12
=== slomo_ [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== WaterSevenUb [n=WaterSev@azevedo.astro.up.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== wasabi_ [n=wasabi@ubuntu/member/wasabi] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128Keybuk: thank you10:28
=== pygi [n=pygi@83-131-253-20.adsl.net.t-com.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== slomo_ [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukpitti: two rejected syncs out of two requested10:33
pittiKeybuk: uh, bad luck today10:33
pittiKeybuk: gtimelog and myspell-sk?10:33
pittiKeybuk: what's wrong with gtimelog?10:34
pittiwe have the current Debian version (I alrady wondered why it doesn't autosync)10:34
Keybukpitti: it's already up to date?10:34
Keybukit does autosync10:34
pitti  gtimelog | 0.0+svn65-1debian1 | http://archive.ubuntu.com edgy/universe Packages10:34
pittiDebian has 1debian2, which brings back the nice report formatting10:35
Keybuk  gtimelog | 0.0+svn65-1debian1 | edgy/universe | all10:35
Keybuk  gtimelog | 0.0+svn65-1debian2 | edgy/universe | source10:35
Keybukit just hasn't built10:35
pittiKeybuk: hm, I did my last apt-get update at the time when I filed the sync request, sorry10:35
Keybukit only arrived from Debian today, and the buildds are doing X things10:35
pittiah, ok10:35
pittiKeybuk: and myspell-sk?10:36
Keybukpitti: different orig.tar.gz sizes10:36
Keybukmerge it, I'm afraid10:36
Keybukrodarvus: and as for you ... we can't sync packages that don't exist in Debian <g>10:36
=== _TomB [n=ownthebo@ACCADBC0.ipt.aol.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== TomB_ [n=ownthebo@ACCADBC0.ipt.aol.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
rodarvusKeybuk: oh, sorry, I didn't noticed the package had different name (xfree86-driver-synaptics in debian)10:43
rodarvusKeybuk: I use a local script to download packages from ubuntu & debian automatically10:44
rodarvusand "apt-get source xserver-xorg-input-synaptics" (on debian) works just fine - only grabs a package with different name :P10:44
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508D9CA9.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-45-229.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzseb128: why are you uploading a package with a dependency on a newer version of another package that you know doesn't exist yet? ;-)10:52
seb128mdz: because configure requires it? :)10:52
seb128mdz: speaking about totem, right?10:53
mdzseb128: alacarte is the one I noticed10:53
seb128ah, speaking about the changelog10:53
mdzis totem going to be uninstallable also?10:53
mdzthat's going to make it hard to do a milestone10:54
seb128the "New version" is the upstream NEWS entry :)10:54
Amaranthoh, i left that in? :)10:54
seb128no, alacarte is installable, we have gnome-menus, I got vuntz to roll a tarball today before packaging alacarte10:54
seb128and for totem xine-lib 1.1.2 got uploaded today10:54
seb128so it's all good :)10:54
mdzok, good10:55
Amaranthi actually didn't change the configure.ac to require 2.15.x, i couldn't get a package for it built :P10:55
seb128Amaranth: I made the package require ;)10:55
Amaranthof course10:55
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128mdz: is there any CD rolling planned for this week?10:56
mdzseb128: knot CD 1 was tentatively scheduled for Thursday (see EdgyReleaseSchedule)10:57
seb128hum, k10:57
seb128we are almost done with GNOME 2.15.4, only 5-6 tarballs to do tomorrow10:57
seb128and then we will work to get everything building fine and stabilized10:57
seb128so GNOME should not been an issue10:57
Kamionbasically as soon as everything works ...10:58
Kamionwell, FSVO "everything"10:58
KamionI suspect a mass give-back will clear a lot of issues10:59
seb128it should10:59
=== epx [n=Elvis@] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Leaving"]
=== pygi [n=pygi@83-131-244-232.adsl.net.t-com.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzdoko: do you know what the problem is with hpijs vs. foomatic-filters-ppds11:06
mdzoh, it's hplip-ppds11:07
mdzfoomatic-filters-ppds pulls in hplip-ppds, and hpijs conflicts with it11:08
=== LeeJunFan [n=junfan@adsl-69-210-207-5.dsl.klmzmi.ameritech.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzer, s/hpijs/foomatic-db-hpijs/g11:09
mdzah, hplip-ppds has been renamed to hpijs-ppds11:17
Kamionyes, I adjusted the seeds11:20
Kamionalthough I didn't do a metapackage upload11:20
mdzyeah, I just discovered that11:20
mdzwould have saved me some time if you had ;-)11:20
=== ompaul [n=ompaul@ubuntu/member/ompaul] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzKamion: any reason for me not to update ubuntu-meta now?11:21
mdzin fact it sent me on a wild goose chase trying to figure out what I missed when I grepped the seeds for hplip-ppds and found nothing ;-)11:21
Kamionmdz: go for it11:22
KamionI've just been doing seed updates based on changes in NEW11:22
=== j_ack [n=nico@p508D9CA9.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzKamion: do you think it would be any faster to ship a bzr checkout in ubuntu-meta and only have to update it?11:23
mdzit takes ages to pull the seeds from bzr11:23
mdzI bet rsync would be faster than sftp11:24
KamionI guess that would be reasonable, although please arrange for it not to be called .bzr so that I don't have to adjust my debuild configuration to explicitly include it every time I upload ubuntu-meta11:25
Kamioncan we rsync from bazaar.launchpad.net though?11:25
KamionI think an sftp update of an existing checkout should be pretty fast11:25
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508D9CA9.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
KeybukKamion: shall I do a mass give-back?11:35
KamionKeybuk: please do11:37
=== LeeJunFan [n=junfan@adsl-69-210-207-5.dsl.klmzmi.ameritech.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== TomB| [n=ownthebo@ACD64F6D.ipt.aol.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== _TomB [n=ownthebo@ACD64F6D.ipt.aol.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jcsmith [n=jcsmith@wv-morgantown-cdnt1-bg1-4c-104.mgtnwv.adelphia.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Evaso2 [n=Marem@host145-197.pool8249.interbusiness.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Evaso2Keybuk: hi Scott any plan to sync network-manager with the debian version 0.6.3?11:49
KeybukEvaso2: yes11:50
Evaso2Keybuk: there are many bugs solve especially now the pptp vpn plugin works fine11:50
Keybukno it doesn't11:50
Keybukit's still broken11:51
Evaso2Keybuk: what version have u tried 0.6.9 of pptp plugin?11:53
=== givre_ [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-73-141.w83-204.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Evaso2Keybuk: or 0.7.0 version?11:57
KeybukEvaso2: I haven't tried any of them11:58
KeybukI just can see they've not fixed the fundamental problem11:58
Evaso2Kebuk: mppe or the usernam and password?11:58
Evaso2Keybuk there is the option to keep the dns from the peer or not11:59
KeybukEvaso2: I will talk to you in ~10 minutes11:59
Evaso2Keybuk: o i'm waiting u will come back12:00
=== _TomB [n=ownthebo@ACD64F6D.ipt.aol.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zenrox [n=zenrox@] has joined #ubuntu-devel

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!