DaSkreechryanakca: Well at least a script that comments out wacom stuff if not detetected12:10
imbrandonman thats gonna require an audit of nearly every univserse package though12:10
RiddellHobbsee: amarok upstream version freeze request is just an e-mail to mdz and kamion with changelog and confirmation that it's been tested and works well12:10
RiddellHobbsee: CC me so I can confirm too12:10
alleeHobbsee, imbrandon IMHO kdebluetooth should not start when not available and menues can be rearranged ;)  Maybe file bugs so it get's not forgotten?12:10
imbrandonallee: yea it dosent start just gets in my way on the kmenu12:10
imbrandoni will 12:10
HobbseeRiddell: cool, thanks12:11
Hobbseeallee: yeah.  point.12:11
=== Hobbsee filed enough bugs last night :P
tomauniverse upload team?12:11
Riddelltell us more Hobbsee 12:11
imbrandonok i'm done , i see it as wait and see how recomends works out12:11
HobbseeRiddell: about?  what bugs i filed?  one heck of a lot of syncs.  i went from the unvierse "p12:12
Hobbsee's" to partway thru the "s'"12:12
RiddellHobbsee: about universe upload team12:12
imbrandon[17:11]  <toma> universe upload team?  < about that12:12
=== toma gives Hobbsee coffee
Hobbseeoh right12:12
Hobbseeit's part of my plan to take over the world.12:12
HobbseeThere now exists a universe uploads team: [WWW]  https://launchpad.net/people/ubuntu-universe-sponsors You can use this if there's no one around to upload, or you prefer to do it via LP, etc. Please attach a debdiff between current debian, and your version (for merges, at least). Syncs too.12:13
Hobbseetoma: i dont drink the stuff :P12:13
danimoHobbsee: naughty girl.. ;)12:13
seaLnethat'll be the problem12:13
imbrandonlooks kinda like a "mentors" type project from debian , witch i think ubuntu needs12:13
tomai know, but how to ping those people properly?12:13
DaSkreech1) Take over the World12:13
DaSkreech3) Profit!!12:13
Hobbseerationalle:  it's quite hard to get stuff uploaded to universe, if you dotn konw the people12:13
seaLnedebian-mentors is a good way to get ignored12:13
Hobbseetoma: how to ping which people?12:13
Hobbseetoma: irc, usually12:13
Riddellpitti announced it here https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2006-August/019922.html12:14
danimoHobbsee: yes, that's true. however it's significantly more easy than with debian12:14
HobbseeRiddell: ahh.  missed that, something screwed up my ubuntu-devel mailing list subscription12:14
imbrandonseaLne: ??12:14
Riddellmy worry is that if I subscribe to that I'll be flodded with upload requests for stuff I don't care or know about12:15
seaLneimbrandon: just bitching12:15
HobbseeRiddell: that's why you're not on the team?12:15
ryanakcabbiab, supper12:15
HobbseeRiddell: :P12:15
RiddellHobbsee: I'm not on the team because I only just read pitti's e-mail :)12:15
ryanakcaRiddell: you allready get flooded with wiki updates, don't you?12:15
imbrandonheh you can always un-join ;)12:15
HobbseeRiddell: it's not kubuntu specific, i havent seen you listed on there.  oh, and if you try to, i'll just kick you off, because i can!  :D12:15
Riddellryanakca: naw, I filter out all but *kubuntu*12:15
ryanakcanice :)12:15
Hobbseeimbrandon: it's *far* more fun to kick the leading kubuntu dev off though12:16
=== Riddell wonders who's on the main team
Riddella fair number https://launchpad.net/people/ubuntu-main-sponsors12:17
imbrandonbrb mt dew refill ( btw takin collections for a fast food resturant soda fountain for my computer lab here at home , lol just kidding )12:17
Riddellbut I should probably subscribe incase kde stuff comes onto it12:17
imbrandonyea good idea /me looks at allee and toma too12:17
HobbseeRiddell: sounds sane.  or someone could just poke you for kde based stuff12:17
Riddellpoking usually works best with me12:18
=== Hobbsee pokes Riddell with her long pointy stick. you did ask for it :P
tomaimbrandon: well, i like the idea, but talking to Hobbsee and Riddell works ok too. I was wondering what they prefer12:18
Hobbseetoma: pokes are good12:18
HobbseePoint people towards: Do the merges *before* the rebuilds - we can upload rebuilds after universe freeze a lot easier than new versions12:18
Hobbsee    *12:18
Hobbsee      [WWW]  http://merges.ubuntu.com/universe.html [WWW]  http://merges.ubuntu.com/universe-manual.html [WWW]  https://wiki.kubuntu.org/KubuntuEdgyPackageUpdates - gamin rebuilds. [WWW]  https://launchpad.net/people/kubuntu-team/+packagebugs12:18
alleeimbrandon: mhmm?12:19
Hobbseetoma: you've got imbrandon too12:19
Riddellhow are merges looking?12:19
Hobbseeouch, that pasted badly12:19
HobbseeRiddell: a lot better when we get the next round of syncs done.12:19
Riddell0 outstanding merges   ooh, nice12:19
tomaHobbsee: true.12:19
HobbseeRiddell: it's always said that :P12:19
=== carthik [n=carthik@pdpc/supporter/student/carthik] has left #ubuntu-meeting ["Leaving"]
Hobbseewe're below 200, which is good.12:19
HobbseeLure's to deal with kpowersave stuff.12:19
imbrandonHobbsee: not always there was a few on there a few days ago12:19
gnomefreakwish i knew how12:20
Hobbseealthough it looks like we wont need to again12:20
LureHobbsee: confirmed!12:20
Hobbseeseeing as the g-p-m looks good12:20
Hobbseegnomefreak: crimsun ran a session on it in motu school.12:20
gnomefreaki missed it12:20
Hobbseegnomefreak: there should be logs12:20
imbrandonthere is a log ( OT )12:20
HobbseeRiddell: were you going to request testing for g-p-m?12:20
Hobbseeuh oh, glad i looked down12:21
RiddellHobbsee: yes, although I already have a bunch of fixes that need doing12:21
Riddellwhere is motu school announced?  I always seem to miss it12:21
Hobbsee*hits the power button* laptops like juice12:21
tomame too12:21
HobbseeRiddell: either motu mailing list, or ubuntu-devel?12:21
imbrandonfridge -devel -announce and the fridge cal12:21
Hobbseeah, is that it.12:21
HobbseeRiddell: i'll whine at people to cross post that12:22
Hobbseeseeing as i have trouble posting to the lists.12:22
=== Hobbsee glares at her isp.
imbrandonit will always be in the fridge cal 12:22
Riddellnext item?12:22
tomaso when i'm bored, i just pick on of the merges list and do it?12:23
=== allee wishes (k)ubuntu meetings/school etc would be available via ldap to get them into kontact
Hobbseeoops, sorry12:23
Hobbseetoma: yep!12:23
Riddellallee: fridge calendar should have ical12:23
seaLneallee: add remote ical?12:23
Riddelltoma: please!12:23
Hobbseetoma: there are a few things not to touch, but otherwise, yep!12:23
tomawell the page states that the owner should do it first12:23
Hobbseetoma: dholbach's got a whole stack of merges that he needs done too.  12:23
tomahow do i know what to touch and what not12:23
Hobbseetoma: owner should have done it a while ago if they particularly cared about it12:23
Hobbseetoma: dont touch zope and beagle.12:24
Hobbseenext item:  Are there any performance patches in other distros for KDE that we should be including? Make KDE faster at all?12:24
Riddelltoma: at this stage it's the last uploader's problem if they havn't touched it12:24
Hobbseetoma: i think that's all12:24
RiddellHobbsee: none that I know of12:24
alleeRiddell: oh, better than nothing ;)12:24
Riddellalthough it's always worth keeping an eye on http://ktown.kde.org/~binner/distributor-patches/12:24
=== Hobbsee heard talk of suse and something or other else having a faster kde.
tomaHobbsee: there is a url ..12:24
imbrandonallee: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/event/ical12:24
RiddellHobbsee: the patches from suse have been put into mainline KDE12:24
HobbseeRiddell: cool :)12:24
Hobbseeright, cool12:25
alleeimbrandon: thx12:25
imbrandonHobbsee: someone will always say something else is faster ;)12:25
Hobbseealso, are we supposed to be testing anything specific in edgy at the moment?12:25
Hobbseeimbrandon: heh, true12:25
Riddelltesting: kubuntu-laptop-buttons, and the new power management applet12:25
=== imbrandon heard someone ranting about kde with a build flag of -0s was faster than -02 , just have to ignore it sometimes
HobbseeRiddell: gotchat.  k-l-b in repos?12:26
RiddellHobbsee: yes, it's kmilo, and it should "just work"12:26
Riddellalso testing of this is welcome www.micoulou.info/kformat12:27
=== Hobbsee hands the "i have a bit on the agenda that i'll talk about now" bar to nixternal
Riddellit's a summer of code project12:27
Riddelland if someone wants to package it for the guy he'd welcome that12:27
Riddellnote that it hasn't worked for me12:27
Riddellalso that with an incorrect click it may well format your hard drive12:27
imbrandonis that that floppy thing ?12:28
tomaimbrandon: there was a thread on kde-core-devel a while back about build flags. did not follow it12:28
HobbseeRiddell: hah.  just imagine me yelling at you if it did that :P12:28
Riddellimbrandon: floppy and usb key formatter12:28
seaLneHobbsee: you wouldn't be able to :)12:28
imbrandontoma yea i might read the archives the next days and see if there is anything we can use12:28
imbrandonRiddell: ahh i have neither so i wouldent be able to test12:28
tomaimbrandon: maybe poke on #kde-devel12:29
HobbseeseaLne: live cd.12:29
RiddellHobbsee: any other plans to take over the world?12:29
HobbseeRiddell: not today, i have a system to clean up.12:30
HobbseeRiddell: do we have any closer location/plans/etc for edgy+1 dev summit?12:30
=== Hobbsee would like to get to that.
=== Hobbsee would like to meet some of you :)
imbrandonkansas city if it was upto me ;)12:30
RiddellHobbsee: yes, although I don't think I'm allowed to say yet (it's not been finally decided)12:30
imbrandonbut its not ;(12:30
HobbseeRiddell: cool, okay12:30
Riddellbut /msg me if you want to find out12:31
HobbseeRiddell: do tell, when you're allowed to :P12:31
=== Hobbsee /msg's
Riddellnixternal had an item12:31
nixternalEdgy Eft Knot Releases....12:31
Hobbseeindeed.  nixternal shoot12:31
nixternalhere we go12:31
nixternal* Good job Riddell on posting the 6.06.1 LTS Released on Kubuntu.org as we are the only group out of all the *ubuntu's that let people know it is out, besides the Announcement ML.12:31
nixternali just realised this!12:32
Riddellmaybe I should post to kubuntu-devel and kubuntu-users too12:32
tomayes please12:32
nixternal* OK, now where are the list of changes from 6.06 to 6.06.1?  If I am Joe Shmoe, the typical user, why should I download this and install it?  Why is it better then 6.06?12:32
imbrandonyea , maybe even dot.kde ?12:32
seaLnetorrents downloads have been less than for 6.06 up till now12:32
Hobbseeoh man, i'm trying to recursively backup.  that wont work.12:32
nixternali can create a "Release" with that information if needed12:32
Riddellnixternal: on the whole you shouldn't download it12:32
Riddellonly download if you can't get to dapper-updates for some reason12:33
Riddellthe list of changes is in kamion's announcement12:33
nixternaltrue...you and i know that, but joe shmoe doesn't12:33
nixternalthe typical user just sees it as something else to download because there isn't any more info about it, other than locations to download it12:33
seaLneso effectivly all that should be happening is that people trying to download dapper you get .1?12:34
RiddellseaLne: yes12:34
Riddellso the 6.06 on the mirrors is now a link to 6.06.112:34
seaLneso it shouldn't really be big news12:34
Riddellit's not12:34
nixternali think there needs to be a write up for the public to view that tells them about the release, why it was released, and what was fixed and what not12:34
=== toma is confused about this. I thought backports were not possible yet?
Riddelltoma: there's no backports in this12:35
seaLnebackports is different from updates/security12:35
imbrandontoma its not backports its a security rollup and new cd images12:35
nixternalif that isn't what we want to do, then maybe we should pull the release announcement from the site?  12:35
Riddellonly dapper-updates, which is very small bugfixes12:35
Riddelland -security yes12:35
nixternalok..besides that...i wanted to get edgy here12:35
nixternalthis will be brief and painful12:35
nixternali mean painless12:36
tomabut someone at the office told me he got a new gnome from updates, that does not sound minor12:36
nixternal* Time to get Edgy!12:36
nixternalFirst things first. The codename of Dapper+1 will be:   The Edgy Eft12:36
nixternalAnd here's why. Edgy is all about cutting edge, perhaps bleeding edge,12:36
nixternalbrand new code and infrastructure. It will be the right time to bring in12:36
nixternalsome seriously interesting but definitely edgy new technologies which12:36
nixternallay the groundwork for the next wave of Ubuntu development.12:36
nixternalthat is what sabdfl said in his announcement concerning edgy eft12:36
nixternalwe all know that, and more and more people are reading it, and wondering what the KDE guys are doing to make this stand true12:37
nixternallike you, i get tired of the AIX/GLX/Compiz stuff at times...but they want to know12:37
nixternalso on i go12:37
nixternal* OK, some common gripes and questions towards the release notes for Edgy Knot2, and probably the same for future releases:12:37
nixternal1.)  What is bleeding edge about KDE 3.5.4?   KDE 4 is bleeding edge for us, and there is nothing we can do until Edgy+1. People are starting to understand that.12:37
nixternalyou are good imbrandon ;)12:38
tomawell, 1 is true ;-)12:38
nixternal2.) OK, KDE 3.5.4 is signifagant for Edgy Knot 2 w/o a doubt, but what else is "edgy" in the release?12:38
nixternal    * This is the one that keeps getting asked towards the Kubuntu release for Knot 2.12:38
nixternal    * Ubuntu & Gnome have some new cool toys that I have observed (thats about all I know of them though)12:38
nixternal3.) I think you see where I am going with those, anyways, we need to start selling these releases, and the coolness factor will definitely help.12:38
Hobbseenixternal: g-p-m and k-l-b stuff.12:38
Hobbseenixternal: and updated packages12:38
Hobbseelike kopete, amarok, etc12:38
Riddellnixternal: have you ready sabdfl's blog on this?12:39
nixternalyes Riddell, and I have been pulling inspiration from it as well12:39
sebasKDE is frozen, that's true, but we have cool new stuff in amarok, for example.12:39
imbrandon... /me looks confused like he steped into a marketing meeting ;)12:39
RiddellI've always said that edgy won't be a major change for kubuntu, since kde 4 isn't happening yet at the distro level12:39
sebasDigikam is also rocking, in general: we could concentrate more on apps than on infrastructure.12:40
nixternalI hope you guys understand, KDE is me, I want Kubuntu to be the baddest release and have the most rockin' following, and kick arse release stuff..we need to sell it in a way..get people excited12:40
sebasNot that GNOME has too much staggering stuff to offer12:40
nixternalsebas: +1 if it is rockin' and jammin ;)12:40
Riddellnixternal: what have you observed in gnome?12:40
tomanixternal: digikam 0.9 is experimental, we can add that ;-)12:40
sebasIf KDE is finished by then :)12:40
Lurebtw, should we move digikam to main and in kubuntu-desktop?12:40
sebasKDE4 that is.12:40
nixternalthe telepathy stuff off hand12:40
nixternalim trying to remember the others, as I don't play iwth gnome ;)12:41
nixternalonly kde and kde edu12:41
Luretoma: +112:41
nixternalcool toma, it will get added12:41
seaLnedigikam would be good in main12:41
RiddellI don't want to put digikam in main until it automatically detects my camera12:42
tomaRiddell: which one?12:42
nixternaleveryone one of you have provided to the release notes, and it kicks arse in my view, but we need some killer stuff to spark excitement..that is about it ;)12:42
sebasRiddell: What camera is it?12:42
LureRiddell: buy new camera ;-)12:42
sebasAnd it's a gphoto problem, most probably.12:42
seaLnefrom the kubuntu supported list :)12:42
nixternalit detects my c700 ultra zoom ;)12:42
seaLnemy 350d is occasionally detected12:42
Riddellit's a Kodak thingy, works great with gphoto2, but digikam needed me to add it manually, I want digikam to pop up and say "let me download from this camera you just plugged in"12:43
tomaRiddell: try digikam 0.9 or the latest from the 0.8 series, it should work12:43
=== Lure uses card reader for photo download
Riddelltoma: got packages of 0.9?12:43
DaSkreechnixternal: Is telepathy KDE based? I doubt it12:43
nixternalyou guys have anything you think/want added to the releases that are, in Riddell's words, "Rocking" or "Groovy", message me the information, poke me, add a == Header == on the wiki and i will get on it12:43
tomaRiddell: debian experimental, or for dapper from my repository12:43
nixternalno DaSkreech, i believe it is ubuntu only12:43
Riddelltoma: I'll give it a shot12:43
RiddellDaSkreech: decebel is the equivalent thing in kde 412:43
nixternali can put my kflickr package on there ;)12:43
DaSkreechRiddell: URL?12:44
imbrandonhahah Riddell yea i have the same camera i bet, i have to do the same thing and its a kodac something12:44
RiddellDaSkreech: http://decibel.kde.org/12:44
RiddellI think it's equivalent anyway12:44
tomasome of the problems in digikam are caused by the media:/ and by gphoto12:45
DaSkreechWell are there any good packages that will miss the Kubuntu ship date?12:45
tomadont blame that on digikam ;-)12:45
HobbseeDaSkreech: arent there always?12:45
tomasime's patches will help here as well12:45
DaSkreechPerhaps we could ship stable(ized) SVN Builds of them12:45
seaLnejust means more time to get them ready for +112:45
RiddellDaSkreech: none that I know of assuming we get 3.5.5 in12:46
HobbseeRiddell: there are plans for a 3.5.5?12:46
RiddellI don't know the release date for kdevelop 3.412:46
RiddellHobbsee: there are, sometime next month12:46
gnomefreakRiddell: make it to edgy?12:46
Riddellgnomefreak: I hope so12:46
DaSkreechOfftopic but is Xen getting in?12:46
imbrandonDaSkreech: xen is in 12:46
HobbseeDaSkreech: yes12:47
tomaxen rocks12:47
Riddellzul is working on xen as I remember12:47
RiddellDaSkreech: it's not default, it even has a separate linux source package12:47
imbrandonzul just uploaded updates to it yesterday12:47
Riddellanyway, next item12:47
=== Hobbsee may get disconnected here
seaLnek3b and cdrecording is currently broken in edgy12:48
DaSkreechBye Hobbsee12:48
seaLnei think bug #54828 is the problem12:48
UbugtuMalone bug 54828 in cdrtools "cdrecord fails to burn cd's" [Untriaged,Unconfirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/5482812:48
imbrandonyea it has to do the the recorder perm;s in /dev12:48
imbrandonit works if you kdesu it12:49
seaLneno it dosen't12:49
=== Hobbsee_ [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
seaLneit seems to be kernel permissions not file permissions12:49
sebasAye, again kernel and cdrecord devs fighting each other, it seems?12:49
LureseaLne: I have seen a story on LWN that Linus have put some SCSI command filtering in...12:50
seaLnecdrom members can erase cds quite happily from cdrecord can't burn12:50
Hobbseethat was relatively painless.12:50
sebasWhat kernel will edgy ship with?12:50
Hobbseesebas: no12:50
seaLnesebas: possibly google seems to suggest that it requires special permissions which presumably were available previously12:50
LureseaLne: might be this: http://lwn.net/Articles/19351612:50
alleeLure: yes12:51
=== sebas reads.
RiddellI wonder if gnome is affected, I assume it must be12:51
sebasBut I guess that's Ben's business.12:51
seaLneyep scsi_ioctl was what i had narrowed it down to12:51
seaLneanything using cdrecord is broken12:52
seaLneand possibly any other way of writing cds12:52
tomai assume that will be fixed before release12:52
LureseaLne: but probably just for specific writers...12:52
=== nixternal_ [n=nixterna@ubuntu/member/nixternal] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
seaLnei have tried on different writers and so have the various bug reporters12:53
Hobbseeuh oh, breakage12:53
RiddellI'm sure I didn't have a problem burning CDs with knot 112:53
Lurebtw, is k3b 1.0 planned to be released before edgy release? 12:53
=== Hobbsee had to run as root to make it work
seaLneno plans afaik12:53
imbrandonyea i had to kdesu it to make it work12:53
imbrandonbut it worked12:53
seaLnei have done some packaging of 1.0pre112:53
seaLnehad to remove a few patches as they are now fixed12:54
LureseaLne: you have repo of pre1?12:54
=== Hobbsee is afk
seaLnehttp://geeksoc.org/~kd/k3b/ i'm having some problems with compiling on my machine but Hobbsee says she managed it12:55
seaLneso if anyone could build that for i386 i'd like a copy :)12:55
seaLneif not let me know if it dosen't build12:56
imbrandonif Hobbsee built it its likely in my /var/cache/pbuilder/result as she builds on my machines alot12:56
Hobbseei've got copies of it on voyager, imbrandon 12:56
=== Hobbsee has been giving it a good workout lately :P
Hobbseebeats the uni connection for getting build deps12:56
seaLnei'm not suggesting 1.0pre1 should go into edgy tho as there is not plan as yet for release of 1.012:56
imbrandonseaLne: i'll upload it a bit later and shott you a link if its in my ..../result dir12:57
tomawhy not?12:57
seaLne"This preview is not intended for daily use but for testing and bug hunting"12:57
RiddellI'll upgrade to edgy tomorrow on my CD burning machine and give it a shot, if it breaks I'll be poking benc lots until it's fixed12:58
=== DaSkreech hands Riddell a long pointy stick
seaLneright, that was sort of what i was wanting to sort out at the meeting, what would happen now12:58
tomaseaLne: i expect a bit more from a preview release12:58
seaLnetoma: well as i haven't actually managed to run it yet i'm not in a situation to even guess yet and not being able to write cds anyway dosen't help12:59
RiddellseaLne: I can make noises about it at the next distro meeting12:59
Riddell Day changed to 11 Aug 200601:00
Riddellgood time to close the meeting :)01:00
Riddellany other business01:00
toma1am here01:00
tomamedia backend?01:00
Riddellsince there's no signs of kaffeine and/or amaork getting gstreamer usable01:01
=== ajmitch [n=ajmitch@ubuntu/member/ajmitch] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
tomaanything else?01:01
DaSkreechEdgy will be purple?01:01
sebasHasn't gstreamer been removed from upstream amarok?01:01
Riddellsebas: yes01:01
imbrandonDaSkreech: yes01:01
Riddellwhich doesn't stop red hat from using it :)01:02
sebasAnyway, no way gstreamer will be usable for most stuff before edgy becomes an eft.01:02
DaSkreechAs long as it gets in before the feature freeze?01:02
RiddellDaSkreech: purple seems to be the way we're going01:02
RiddellI like purple01:02
DaSkreechYeah I like the uber sexy logout buttons01:02
imbrandonHobbsee: no k3b in edgy result, did you build it for dapper ?01:02
sebasYeah, but now amarok people hate redhat, we don't want that since amarok people are mostly really nice folks.01:02
RiddellDaSkreech: that's just a mockup01:03
DaSkreechI know 01:03
DaSkreechDoesn't stop it being uber sexy :)01:03
Riddellany volunteers to clean up the Meetings wiki page?01:04
=== sebas volunteers to join Kim in bed.
sebasRiddell: I might clean up the PM stuff and separate GUI from functionality code, I assume that's OK with you?01:04
Riddellnext meeting will be after distro sprint (anyone near Weisbaden?)01:05
Riddellsebas: sure, see also el's comments on the spec wiki page01:05
sebasWiesbaden is 3 hours from here, when's the sprint?01:05
Hobbseehold the meeting, it cqant yet end!01:05
sebasYup, read them.01:05
Hobbseeer, end yet01:05
Riddellsebas: week after next01:05
=== toma pokes allee
alleetoma: mhmm?01:06
tomaallee: wiesbaden!01:06
sebasWeek after next what? :D01:06
Hobbseeimbrandon: no, only in edgy01:06
Riddellsebas: https://wiki.kubuntu.org/UbuntuDeveloperSprintWiesbaden01:06
HobbseeRiddell: dont stop the meeting yet!!!01:06
sebasI'm pretty  busy travelling in sept already.01:06
alleetoma: yeah, I know.  Unfortunately I don't know if I'll have free time :(01:06
=== Hobbsee has two more bits.
HobbseeRiddell: /query?01:06
RiddellMonday 21st 01:06
alleetoma: you plan to go?01:06
RiddellHobbsee: I did ask if you had any other plans to take over the world :)01:07
HobbseeRiddell: yeah, i know, but i'v ejust remembered a couple while i was afk01:07
RiddellHobbsee: let's hear them01:07
Hobbsee a)  Riddell: were you going to announce my title, seeing as it hasnt been announced anywhere else?01:07
tomaallee: did not think about it 01:07
RiddellHobbsee: I was going to propse it01:08
=== wasabi_ [n=wasabi@ubuntu/member/wasabi] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
Riddellis there a b)?01:08
Hobbseeb)  can i get everyone to give me a list of packages that they particularly want to maintain in edgy+1?  ie, you dotn *have* to, but it'll be known that you're the person who usually does the fixes01:08
Hobbseesure, just typing nwo01:08
Hobbseelike me and kopete/amarok01:09
imbrandonHobbsee: that would be good for a wiki probably01:09
seaLneHobbsee: i'd like to keep working on k3b01:09
Hobbseeseeing as that cuts down on crazy duplication01:09
Hobbseeimbrandon: yeah, definetly01:09
HobbseeseaLne: yep01:09
RiddellI'd like all of KDE please01:09
tomaHobbsee: can you send a mail to -devel ?01:09
DaSkreechHmm there was BEats of Rage But looking at it it doesn't really need a maintainer01:09
HobbseeRiddell: haha.  sure :)01:09
tomaor to me personally ?01:09
Hobbseetoma: yeah, you may need to poke me01:09
imbrandonHobbsee: make a /KubuntuMaintainers and poke it on the next agenda for everyone to fill in01:09
Hobbseeyay, more breakage :)01:09
Hobbseeimbrandon: cool, okay01:09
HobbseeRiddell: that was all, so far.01:10
HobbseeRiddell: do your proposal :P01:10
Hobbseebetter still, let me restart x, then do your proposal01:10
Riddellso the title thing was that back when MOTU started we were going to have team leaders01:10
imbrandonHobbsee: get some milk lol01:10
seaLneand use irssi+screen :)01:11
Riddellirssi+screen rocks01:11
alleeHobbsee: people specially interested in a given pkg should subscribe to it in lauchpad01:11
imbrandonhehe yea01:11
tomaso we all need to wait for hobbsee's restart?01:11
Riddellwe should hold one of those classes for irssi+screen01:11
Riddelltoma: seems so01:11
=== Hobbsee [n=sarah@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== toma is sleepy and has to work soon
sebasHehe, right, Riddell.01:11
Hobbseeoh crap.01:12
Hobbseesorry, what'd i miss?01:12
Riddell00:10 < Riddell> so the title thing was that back when MOTU started we were going to have team leaders01:12
allee[01:11]  <allee> Hobbsee: people specially interested in a given pkg should subscribe to it in lauchpad01:12
Hobbseeallee: true, i was more meaning in terms of asking for upgrades01:12
Hobbseeoh dear...major breakage :(01:12
imbrandonallee: +1 but a wiki for the kubuntu ppl that want to be resp would be nice too01:12
seaLneallee: then we'd get 2 mails about it01:12
Riddelland since Hobbsee recons she can do a good job of organising people we thought we could make her kubuntu community manager and see what she does with it01:12
bipolarRiddell: I'll look into amarok-gstreamer for 0.1001:13
tomawhat does that mean?01:13
alleeseaLne: I filter them seperately01:13
seaLneso do i01:13
imbrandonbipolar: gstreamer was droped in amarok 01:13
sebasbipolar: You'll piss off amarok upstream then.01:13
Hobbseeand debian01:14
sebasThey don't want the bugreports of an engine that's removed on purpose.01:14
HobbseeRiddell: i'll take over the world with it, of course01:14
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
tomaHobbsee: congrats!01:14
Hobbseetoma: :)01:14
tomaHobbsee: i'm sure you'll do a nice job, poking as usual ;-)01:15
imbrandoncongrats Hobbsee ( although i dunno what will change much heheh )01:15
Hobbseetoma: hehe!  of course!01:15
Hobbseeimbrandon: it's an official title, which is nice :)01:15
tomaah, so it is official poking now01:15
Hobbseemeans i can officially boss you all around :P01:15
tomawonder how that feels ;-)01:15
seaLneHobbsee: we even had to change the threat level in the UK to stop you sneaking in inside someone book or bottle of juice01:15
alleeHobbsee: oh, official?  then I congrat you officially :)01:15
HobbseeseaLne: hahaha01:15
seaLneyour plans are foiled :)01:15
HobbseeRiddell: how official is it?01:15
RiddellHobbsee: since the meeting seems to generally be happy with it, totally01:16
=== DaSkreech hands Hobbsee a stick sharpener
=== allee +1
imbrandonwell you all are the KCC you decide how "offical" it is hehe01:16
=== sebas congrats Hobbsee.
tomaHobbsee: are there any targets, like 600 pokes a year?01:16
HobbseeRiddell: i meant with sabdfl, and all that.01:16
Hobbseeand the CC01:16
RiddellHobbsee: CC meeting has been scheduled, we'll take it to them then01:17
HobbseeRiddell: nice :)01:17
HobbseeRiddell: when is it?01:17
sebasWhat is CC?01:17
imbrandoncommunity council01:17
sebasAye, thx.01:17
DaSkreechCanonical Control01:17
imbrandonok we done ?01:17
sebasCooler Cubuntu01:17
seaLneDaSkreech: thats called marketing01:17
Hobbseenext meeting?01:17
tomathree weeks?01:18
Riddellmonday 14th at 16:00utc01:18
Hobbseewhat the hell?01:18
imbrandonRiddell: kk adding to fridge now01:18
Riddellimbrandon: that's where I got it from01:18
Hobbseewhat's 1600UTC in aest?01:18
Hobbsee2100 is 7am01:18
Hobbseeoh holy crud.01:18
=== Hobbsee likely wont make that meeting then.
Hobbseei migth, we'll see01:19
sebasAEST is Australia?01:19
DaSkreechHobbsee:  We could poke you :)01:19
Hobbseesebas: yes.  aus eastern standard time01:19
HobbseeDaSkreech: yeah. Riddell woudl get an earful over it.01:19
imbrandonHobbsee: we'll all skype your phone01:19
sebasAh, where are you located?01:19
Hobbseesebas: sydney01:19
tomanite all01:20
=== sebas installed basket, wondering what it does.
RiddellI'm about to collapse too, end of meeting, thanks all01:20
Hobbseeno time for breakfast :(01:20
Hobbseenight all01:20
=== toma [n=toma@toma.kovoks.nl] has left #ubuntu-meeting ["Ooh,]
Hobbseenight Riddell, thanks for the call01:20
imbrandongnight Riddell01:20
alleetoma: nite01:20
alleenite all too01:20
=== MatthewV [n=MatthewV@CPE-124-178-82-77.wa.bigpond.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
seaLnesebas: the dev version of basket is v nice01:20
sebasseaLne: I've installed a package, it has a nice icon. :-)01:21
DaSkreechsebas: I installed it. It's a basket 01:21
DaSkreechDon't put all your python eggs into it01:21
seaLnethink one note etc01:21
seaLnea way to organise stuff01:21
seaLneanyway bed01:21
=== seaLne [n=seaLne@ubuntu/member/sealne] has left #ubuntu-meeting []
sebasAh, first thing it did is crashing.01:21
DaSkreechIt lost a whole set of notes I made :-(01:22
DaSkreechCourse that was in the Great Power comany fiasco01:22
sebasI'll have to keep using subversion then ;-)01:22
sebasgnight all, I'm on CEST and becoming tired.01:22
=== imbrandon [n=brandon@ubuntu/member/pdpc.active.imbrandon] has left #ubuntu-meeting ["Konversation]
=== hads [n=hads@mail.nice.net.nz] has left #ubuntu-meeting ["Konversation]
=== Fujitsu [n=fujitsu@] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== rexbron [n=rexbron@CPE00904bbc8c86-CM0012256e816a.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== ..[topic/#ubuntu-meeting:Ubugtu] : Calendar: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/event | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/ | 14 Aug 16:00 UTC: Community Council | 15 Aug 20:00 UTC: Technical Board | 16 Aug 20:00 UTC: Edubuntu | 17 Aug 23:00 UTC: Ubuntu Development Team | 23 Aug 12:00 UTC: Edubuntu | 24 Aug 07:00 UTC: Ubuntu Development Team
=== jarufe [n=jarufe@pc-5-108-104-200.cm.vtr.net] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== GNAM [n=GNAM@host199-235.pool8252.interbusiness.it] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== rexbron [n=rexbron@CPE00904bbc8c86-CM0012256e816a.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
rexbrongod damn cat02:54
Hawkwindrexbron: Easy on the language please02:58
=== licio [n=licio@ubuntu/member/licio] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
rexbronits my sisters cat03:18
DaSkreechI was trying to figure out which file you ran the cat command on03:19
=== Rinchen [n=Rinchen@unaffiliated/rescue] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== rodarvus [n=rodarvus@ubuntu/member/rodarvus] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== lguerra [n=lguerra@] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== tonyyarusso [n=anthony@dialup-] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== sfllaw_ [i=sfllaw@debian/developer/coleSLAW] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== sfllaw_ [i=sfllaw@debian/developer/coleSLAW] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== cbx33 [n=pete@ubuntu/member/cbx33] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== nixternal [n=nixterna@ubuntu/member/nixternal] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== Fujitsu [n=Fujitsu@c58-107-168-5.eburwd7.vic.optusnet.com.au] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== Fujitsu [n=Fujitsu@c58-107-168-5.eburwd7.vic.optusnet.com.au] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== mvo [n=egon@p54A65267.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== ThunderStruck [n=ThunderS@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== lbm [n=lbm@] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== sebas [n=sebas@leviathan.deadlysins.nl] has left #ubuntu-meeting []
=== digitalmouse [n=jimm@p5481D9C9.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
digitalmousecat | grep seft36yu10:52
digitalmousemy ferret has the same problem :-p10:58
=== doko [n=doko@dslb-088-073-110-018.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== lloydinho [n=andreas@rosinante.egmont-kol.dk] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== digitalmouse [n=jimm@p5481D9C9.dip.t-dialin.net] has left #ubuntu-meeting []
=== slomo [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== SunWukong [n=stephan@pra13-2-82-235-212-185.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== vouzico [n=herve@ip-83-99-103-79.dyn.luxdsl.pt.lu] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== rodarvus [n=rodarvus@ubuntu/member/rodarvus] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== Seveas [n=seveas@ubuntu/member/seveas] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
GNAM@schedule rome01:28
UbugtuSchedule for Europe/Rome: 14 Aug 18:00: Community Council | 15 Aug 22:00: Technical Board | 16 Aug 22:00: Edubuntu | 18 Aug 01:00: Ubuntu Development Team | 23 Aug 14:00: Edubuntu | 24 Aug 09:00: Ubuntu Development Team01:28
=== Yann2 [n=Yann@sirius.cetril.org] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== cassidy [n=gdesmott@di-pc70.ulb.ac.be] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== ryanakca [n=ryanakca@unaffiliated/ryanakca] has left #ubuntu-meeting ["Leaving"]
=== lloydinho [n=andreas@rosinante.egmont-kol.dk] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== hua [n=hua_@] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== licio [n=licio@ubuntu/member/licio] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== mvo [n=egon@p54A65267.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== highvoltage [n=jono2@ubuntu/member/highvoltage] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== jecuendet [n=jec@adsl-185-131-fixip.tiscali.ch] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== jecuendet [n=jec@adsl-185-131-fixip.tiscali.ch] has left #ubuntu-meeting []
=== jecuendet [n=jec@adsl-185-131-fixip.tiscali.ch] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== Francizee [n=frank@host86-139-210-142.range86-139.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== makx [n=max@baikonur.stro.at] has left #ubuntu-meeting ["peace"]
=== jecuendet [n=jec@adsl-185-131-fixip.tiscali.ch] has left #ubuntu-meeting []
=== cbx33 [n=pete@ubuntu/member/cbx33] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== Sime [n=konversa@ip54579d1b.direct-adsl.nl] has left #ubuntu-meeting ["Konversation]
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508D9A5A.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== dsas [n=dean@host86-129-23-233.range86-129.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== GNAM [n=GNAM@host199-235.pool8252.interbusiness.it] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== GNAM [n=GNAM@host199-235.pool8252.interbusiness.it] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== ormiret [n=ormiret@bodaegl.ormiret.com] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== ormiret [n=ormiret@bodaegl.ormiret.com] has left #ubuntu-meeting []
=== cyphase [n=cyphase@adsl-75-2-141-211.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== Express [n=chris__3@dyn-83-156-71-120.ppp.tiscali.fr] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== ajmitch [n=ajmitch@port166-123.ubs.maxnet.net.nz] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== SunWukong [n=stephan@pra13-2-82-235-212-185.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== highvoltage [n=jono2@ubuntu/member/highvoltage] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== Express [n=chris__3@dyn-83-156-71-120.ppp.tiscali.fr] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== Spec [n=dragonco@charon.devis.com] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== NickGarvey [n=nick@unaffiliated/nickgarvey] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== NickGarvey is now known as NickGarve
=== NickGarve is now known as NickGarvey
=== ThunderStruck [n=ThunderS@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== dsas [n=dean@host86-129-23-233.range86-129.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== josevitor [n=josevito@] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== Royal-team [i=Rastafar@Mix-Dijon-114-3-87.w193-249.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== Royal-team [i=Rastafar@Mix-Dijon-114-3-87.w193-249.abo.wanadoo.fr] has left #ubuntu-meeting []
=== rodarvus [n=rodarvus@ubuntu/member/rodarvus] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== mvo [n=egon@p54A65267.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== mvo [n=egon@p54A66BE7.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== imbrandon_ [n=brandon@ubuntu/member/pdpc.active.imbrandon] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== ompaul [n=ompaul@ubuntu/member/ompaul] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== imbrandon [n=brandon@ubuntu/member/pdpc.active.imbrandon] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508D9A5A.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-meeting
=== lguerra [n=lguerra@] has joined #ubuntu-meeting

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!