=== doko_ [n=doko@dslb-088-073-115-244.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mat [n=mat@igoan/mat] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givr1 [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-82-251.w86-205.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== didymo [n=ashley@CPE-61-9-197-223.nsw.bigpond.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== KaiL [n=KaiL@p548F765A.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lotusleaf [n=lotuslea@unaffiliated/lotusleaf] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pvanhoof [n=pvanhoof@d54C18260.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== NthDegree [n=IDENT@194-247-238-128.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ctd [i=ctd@incubus.progsoc.uts.edu.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sivang [i=sivan@muse.19inch.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== archis [n=archis@unaffiliated/archis] has joined #ubuntu-devel
joejaxxKamion: may i pm you?12:51
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508D8A5B.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sladen [i=paul@starsky.19inch.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Riddell [i=jr@muse.19inch.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mempf [n=mempf@S0106000129f69144.vs.shawcable.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sivangnight all12:54
=== sladen [i=paul@starsky.19inch.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Riddell [i=jr@muse.19inch.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-85-156.w86-205.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sivang [i=sivan@muse.19inch.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Arrogance [n=aks@ottawa-hs-209-217-96-133.d-ip.magma.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-85-156.w86-205.abo.wanadoo.fr] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== Mirrado [n=Mirrado@20150036073.user.veloxzone.com.br] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Mirrado [n=Mirrado@20150036073.user.veloxzone.com.br] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== lastnode [n=lastnode@unaffiliated/mahangu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lastnode_ [n=lastnode@unaffiliated/mahangu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== licio [n=licio@ubuntu/member/licio] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== minghua [n=minghua@danube.mems.rice.edu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Huahua [n=hua_@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== archis [n=archis@unaffiliated/archis] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Ex-Chat"]
=== Viper550 [n=Viper550@d57-121-167.home.cgocable.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Viper550I ported Dapper's Usplash to Edgy02:34
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-85-156.w86-205.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Arr0gance [n=aks@toronto-hs-216-138-192-87.d-ip.magma.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Fujitsu [n=Fujitsu@ubuntu/member/fujitsu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mayday_jay [n=mayday_j@maydayjay.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== WaterSevenUb [n=WaterSev@c-65-96-188-198.hsd1.ma.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ctd [i=ctd@incubus.progsoc.uts.edu.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdong_ [n=jdong@d192-24-235-141.try.wideopenwest.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508D8A5B.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== leonel [n=leonel@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
leonelei ei  Egdy with  gnome  2.16.1 ??   03:57
leonelNice !03:58
leoneljust updated and came gnome-applets 2.16.103:58
leonelthanks  guys really  great Job03:59
=== CarlFK [n=carl@c-24-13-53-221.hsd1.il.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-85-156.w86-205.abo.wanadoo.fr] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== jdong_ [n=jdong@d192-24-235-141.try.wideopenwest.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Toadstool [n=jcorbier@dedibox1.famille-corbier.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Huahua [n=hua_@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee_ [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kinema [n=adam@c-71-236-182-199.hsd1.or.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
kinemaI'm looking for documentation and/or specifications on how deb package repositories are formatted.05:33
kinemaDirectory hierarchies, packages.gz, etc...05:33
kinemanever mind.. i just found the repository howto at debian05:36
Hobbseehey fabbione 05:39
fabbionehey Hobbsee 05:39
=== Ubug2 [n=bugbot@ubuntu/bot/ubugtu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ajmitch [n=ajmitch@ubuntu/member/ajmitch] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== minghua [n=minghua@adsl-69-153-129-17.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@cm61.omega22.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdongholy crap the git tree looks busy :)06:13
jdongam I reading correctly that edgy will have HT off by default, can be enabled via ht=on?06:13
=== BlingBonk] [n=Wonton@219-89-11-254.dialup.xtra.co.nz] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508D95E6.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbionejdong: it has been like that since hoary or breezy06:15
fabbionejdong: that's to circumvent an hw security flow in ht design06:15
jdongfabbione: oh, ok06:15
fabbionejdong: we can't fix it, but we can leave the option to the users06:15
fabbioneneither upstream is interested in working around a hw bug06:15
jdongfabbione: thanks for the info... yeah I remember reading about that somewhere06:15
BlingBonk] Anyone Heard of Richard Stallman06:16
fabbioneno problem06:16
=== jdong thinks it should be mentioned in the release notes though
jdongjust as a thought06:16
fabbionejdong: no, it's something that has been there forever06:16
=== nixternal [n=nixterna@ubuntu/member/nixternal] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bronson [n=bronson@c-71-198-75-160.hsd1.ca.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mdke_ [n=matt@ubuntu/member/mdke] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== slomo [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508D95E6.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stu1 [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbionetfheen: ping?07:25
=== kristog [n=ballio@energ63.energ.polimi.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== robitaille [n=daniel@ubuntu/member/robitaille] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lfittl [n=lfittl@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== `anthony [n=anthony@ekorp-218-185-9-170.eoff.ekorp.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Norgz [n=eroux@maisel-gw.enst-bretagne.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Fujitsu [n=Fujitsu@ubuntu/member/fujitsu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mayday_jay [n=metal_ja@maydayjay.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== carlos_ [n=carlos@180.Red-88-18-199.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== marilize [n=marilize@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gman [i=gman@nat/sun/x-9129f35bd3283a1e] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== BlingBonk] [n=Wonton@219-89-11-254.dialup.xtra.co.nz] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== trickie [n=nick@basesoft.demon.nl] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== mayday_jay [n=metal_ja@maydayjay.net] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== giftnudel [n=mb@p54B29B2B.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== thekorn [n=markus@a81-14-180-182.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tfheenfabbione: hello09:03
fabbionetfheen: http://people.ubuntu.com/~fabbione/xorg.debdiff <-09:03
tfheenfabbione: uh, that looks bogus.09:05
tfheenhmm, no09:05
tfheensorry, mea culpa.09:05
tfheenok, go ahead.09:05
fabbioneok thanks09:05
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Burgundaviaajmitch: krb5-auth-dialog <-- this SoC work?09:13
ajmitchBurgundavia: that's RH code09:13
ajmitchI have to resubmit other code to NEW09:13
=== Zdra [n=zdra@127.225-242-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Keybuk [n=scott@syndicate.netsplit.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Seveas [n=seveas@ubuntu/member/seveas] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== morgs [n=morgan@dsl-165-240-216.telkomadsl.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== _TomB [n=tomb@host217-44-6-189.range217-44.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gloubiboulga [n=gauvain@ubuntu/member/gloubiboulga] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbionetfheen: http://people.ubuntu.com/~fabbione/xserver-xorg-video-ati.debdiff <- the debdiff looks huge because i did fix some packaging errors but the real changes are much more contained.09:36
tfheenfabbione: you're aware that we're not in "everything must be reviewed before upload" mode just yet?  I don't know that code well enough to judge, so if you want a second pair of eyes, better to ask rodarvus09:40
=== heno [n=henrik@ti200720a080-3704.bb.online.no] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbionetfheen: yes i am aware.. i am confident about the changes. i just wanted to make sure changes were not too intrusive09:43
tfheenfabbione: that's hard to say when I don't know the code base. :-)09:44
fabbionefair enough :)09:44
=== chris38-home2 [n=Christia@mut38-4-82-233-119-151.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== TMM [n=hp@ip5650d1ab.direct-adsl.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Tonio__ [n=tonio@94.8.100-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== glatzor [n=sebi@ppp-82-135-5-176.dynamic.mnet-online.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukelmo: ping09:59
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-85-156.w86-205.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== chris38-home3 [n=Christia@mut38-4-82-233-119-151.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukwhat the fuck is up with the wiki?10:06
KeybukI just edited a page, and it errored, and then DELETED the page10:06
BurgundaviaKeybuk: welcome to the wiki10:06
Treenaksmoin + disk full?10:06
Burgundavialuckily the page history is still there, and can be restored10:06
Burgundaviathe get info linki10:07
ajmitchsome crazy people subscribe to the whole wiki, too10:07
Burgundaviahowever, you cannot restore the page until the saving bug is fixed10:07
KeybukBurgundavia: "Missing 'current' file" when I try that10:07
BurgundaviaKeybuk: you can view the old revision there10:08
SeveasKeybuk, grab a large heavy object and chase the canonical sysadmins10:08
=== morgs [n=morgan@dsl-165-240-216.telkomadsl.co.za] has left #ubuntu-devel []
BurgundaviaSeveas: indeed. He works for the people AND is in the same country10:09
Keybukand I know where they live10:10
Seveassomeone should warn them for an incoming keybuk10:10
=== Gman [i=gman@nat/sun/x-dff3f75fa329c644] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sivang"One guided Keybuk coming at 12:00 O'clock. His considered armed and dangerous"10:12
=== Seveas enters the nuclear bunker
TreenaksSeveas: what? a bunker made out of enriched uranium? :P10:13
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Rico [n=rjh@chaffinch.netcraft.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== chris38-home2 [n=Christia@mut38-4-82-233-119-151.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== robban [n=a@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
robbanAny date when an official cd will be released with this fix? https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.15/+bug/5726510:38
UbugtuMalone bug 57265 in linux-source-2.6.15 "Return value of slave_configure in scsi_scan.c is ignored" [Undecided,Fix committed]  10:38
Keybuksyndicate scott# modprobe nvidia10:39
KeybukNot loading nvidia module; not used in /etc/X11/xorg.conf10:39
Keybukmjg59: ^10:39
seb128Keybuk: hi. could you sync pilot-link (bug #63654), it's required to fix the ftbfs on evolution? 10:40
UbugtuMalone bug 63654 in pilot-link "Please sync pilot-link (main) from unstable" [Undecided,Confirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6365410:40
Keybukseb128: yeah, it's archive day today10:41
Keybukjust fixing up this first10:41
seb128ok :)10:41
mjg59Keybuk: Thanks!10:49
Treenakshmm.. LaptopTestingTeam has vanished from the wiki10:50
Keybukmjg59: 10:50
Keybukinstall if cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf 2>/dev/null | tr A-Z a-z | sed -n -e '/^[ \t] *section[ \t] *"device"/,/^[ \t] *endsection/{/^[ \t] *driver[ \t] */{s/^[ \t] *driver[ \t] *"*//;s/"*[ \t] *$//;p}}' | grep -q -w nvidia; then modprobe --ignore-install -Qb  nvidia; else echo "Not loading nvidia module; not used in /etc/X11/xorg.conf" 1>&2; fi10:50
mjg59Keybuk: Needs te same for nvidia-legacy10:50
Keybukmjg59: I did10:50
mjg59But other than that, hurrah10:50
mjg59And fglrx?10:50
Keybukwe could do fglrx10:51
_ionDoesn't \s work as [ \t]  in sed? I might remember wrong.10:51
Keybuk_ion: no10:51
Keybukand that isn't a useless-use-of-cat-award either10:51
Keybukcat is used so I can capture and hide the "file not found" message, without losing any parsing error messages10:51
=== givr1 [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-51-208.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
_ionmjg59: Feeling better now?10:54
Kamion_ion: no, [[:space:] ]  does though10:54
_ionkamion: Yep. :-)10:54
KeybukKamion: that took longer to type :p10:54
Kamionrobban: not at present, since a fixed package hasn't even been uploaded yet10:54
=== Zdra_ [n=zdra@68.240-242-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mjg59_ion: Somewhat10:54
Kamionrobban: we have no schedule for a second point release of dapper at present10:55
mjg59Lots of real world work to do, but I'll try to take a look at usplash10:55
KeybukKamion: it also only obeys the first use of [[:space:] ] 10:55
KamionKeybuk: huh?10:55
Keybukif you do ^[[:space:] ] *section[[:space:] ] *10:55
Keybukit won't expand the second one10:55
Kamionseriously? that's a rather crap bug10:55
Keybuksomething to do with "performance reasons"10:55
mjg59_ion: Which bug number has your patch?10:56
mjg59I'll try to fit that in today10:56
UbugtuMalone bug 62865 in usplash "1024x768 with nVidia GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE: "screen init failed"" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  10:56
mjg59Kamion: Having thought about things, it might be the case that we want usplash's resolution algorithm to be dependent on whether the machine is a laptop or not10:56
mjg59Kamion: vesa sometimes uses different timings to X. If we use the X modes on machines with analogue outputs, there's more of a chance of us going outside the monitor's frequency range10:57
Kamionwe need to order things such that usplash is configured after X anyway, so I'm not too bothered about the exact details of what usplash.postinst does10:59
KamionI'll try to sort that out this week10:59
Keybukmjg59: what's the fglrx source package, module name and X driver name?10:59
mjg59Keybuk: xorg-driver-fglrx, fglrx, fglrx10:59
BurgundaviaTreenaks: the wiki is currently having major issues11:00
TreenaksBurgundavia: quite..11:01
=== azeem_ is now known as azeem
Keybukmjg59: which source does the module come in?11:03
mjg59Keybuk: linux-restricted-modules11:03
Keybukit doesn't have an equivalent of nvidia-kernel-common ?11:03
KeybukI guess you can only install the X driver once :)11:06
=== olemke [n=olemke@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seaLnehas anyone seen this:11:09
seaLneapt-get: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: invalid ELF header11:09
seaLneit nly happened on one of my machines, dist-upgrade failed and reruning gives that11:09
mjg59seaLne: What does file /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 say?11:14
seaLnesymbolic link to `libstdc++.so.6.0.8'11:15
mjg59seaLne: And file /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.8?11:15
seaLneand its data11:15
mjg59Your libstdc++ is corrupt somehow11:15
seaLneyeah different md5sum11:15
seaLneany suggestions?11:16
mjg59Reinstall it11:17
ajmitch& run fsck when you can11:17
_ionYour HDD seems seriously corrupted.11:20
seaLneok, if its just my problem thats good11:21
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@cm61.omega22.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Spads [n=spacehob@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukah, this must be some new definition of "good" I wasn't previously aware of11:28
seaLnebad for me good for everyone else :-/11:29
=== Yagisan [n=Yagisan@doomsday/developer/Yagisan] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Keybuk starts l-r-m building on his laptop
Keybukthis should save on heating bills11:30
=== _ion recently built l-r-m to test the new nvidia beta driver.
_ionIt was too buggy. :-)11:31
=== Hobbsee_ [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
robbanKamion: Ok, thanks11:35
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lfittl [n=lfittl@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tkamppeter [i=till@nat/mandriva/x-14f7c9390f1999a0] has joined #ubuntu-devel
minghuaKeybuk: does debian-change-only syncs (no new upstream tarball) requires UVF too now?12:02
minghuaI was looking at bug 6282412:03
UbugtuMalone bug 62824 in mayavi "[Sync Request]  mayavi 1.5-4 from Debian unstable (main)" [Wishlist,Rejected]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6282412:03
KeybukI may not have had my glasses on there :)12:04
minghuaKeybuk: thanks12:04
ajmitchhow can I make initramfs a bit more verbose on boot so I can see where it is dying?12:05
Tonio_Keybuk: hi ! I was searching for someone who could promote a few packages to main...12:05
Tonio_Keybuk: they all have been accepted by pitti already12:05
KeybukTonio_: are they seeded?12:06
Tonio_Keybuk: yes12:07
Keybukwhich packages?12:07
Keybukajmitch: remove "quiet"12:07
Tonio_Keybuk: digikam is seeded, the 2 other packages are dependancies12:07
Tonio_Keybuk: source packages are : digikam, dcraw, libkexif12:07
KeybukTonio_: ok, they'll be done today then12:07
ajmitchKeybuk: already removed12:07
Tonio_same for binaries12:07
ajmitchnot booting with usplash, so I don't think I'm running into the nvidia bug there12:08
Tonio_Keybuk: source package digikam also produces binary "showphoto", but this one can stay in universe12:08
ajmitchI'll try with another kernel12:08
Tonio_Keybuk: thanks!12:08
olemkeseaLne, have you just tried rebooting and see if the problem goes away? I had exactly the same problem with some of the edgy kernels, random libraries were corrupted, but were fine again after a reboot.12:09
seb128ogra: are you going the fix the "opengl screensavers should be used only on boxes with graphical acceleration available" issue for edgy?12:09
=== mneptok [n=mneptok@mneptok.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mneptok jumps up and down on ogra
seaLneolemke: yeah i rebooted but still the same problem, running badblocks to see if there is actually a disk problem12:10
=== RicardoPerez [n=A@84-122-157-132.onocable.ono.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
olemkeseaLne, ok, then it might be really a hardware problem :-(12:11
ajmitchhm, might have just been the xen kernel I was using, something else to complain to zul_ about :)12:11
seaLneolemke: few week old disk... *shrug*12:11
elmook, wiki should be back now - no data or changes were lost, but RecentChanges for the last 10 hours is missing - the history on individual pages is still retained though12:11
ajmitchthanks, elmo 12:12
KamionBenC: uh - there's no linux-restricted-modules-2.6.17-10-powerpc64-smp, so should linux-restricted-modules-powerpc64-smp maybe be removed again?12:13
=== Rico_ [n=rjh@chaffinch.netcraft.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-51-208.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
doko_Keybuk: bug 50811, which ones?12:19
UbugtuMalone bug 50811 in libservlet2.4-java "Broken Dependancy" [Undecided,Rejected]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/5081112:19
Keybukthe change to use java-gcj-compat ?12:21
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-51-208.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has left #ubuntu-devel []
Kamiondoko_: https://launchpad.net/people/doko/+packages lists a number of build failures under "Uploaded packages", which appear to be part of what's causing openoffice.org-gcj to be uninstallable. Could you look at those?12:21
Keybukyou didn't respond when asked12:21
Kamionlibxalan2-java, libxerces2-java, bsh are the ones I noticed12:22
doko_Keybuk: you did?12:22
doko_Kamion: will do, although it's bank holiday12:23
=== herzi [n=herzi@pD9E2AD83.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukdoko: you're subscribed to that bug, and there's a comment asking for your opinion12:23
=== jinty [n=jinty@214.pool85-50-135.dynamic.uni2.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamiondoko_: whenever it's convenient12:24
doko_Keybuk: so dholbach's "go ahead" was not good enough? anyway, I'll look at it12:24
Keybukdoko: no12:24
minghuadoko_, Keybuk: I think you guys misunderstood each other.  Keybuk is rejecting because it can't be synced, as we need -3ubuntu1 instead of -3 to keep ubuntu changes, right?12:25
=== mbiebl [n=michael@dslb-084-056-217-058.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== `anthony [n=anthony@220-253-50-7.VIC.netspace.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukminghua: right12:27
seb128any reason beagle binary is to universe?12:28
Keybukfrom my reading of the report, it needs to be merged, and not sync'd12:28
Keybukand dholbach merely approved that12:28
seb128beagle-dev and src package are to main12:28
Keybukseb128: it's in anastacia output, so I'm gonna look at it in a bit12:28
mneptokoh, duh. the Germans are all off today.12:28
Kamionseb128: I just promoted it about two minutes before you said that :)12:28
seb128Kamion: thank you12:28
Kamion(was cleaning up CD uninstallables)12:29
tsengKamion rules12:29
seb128could somebody give a retry to nautilus and yelp builds then? ;)12:29
seb128they failed because beagle-dev was not uninstallable (it Depends on beagle)12:29
tseng(we still cant find the DD to tell us why he did so)12:30
tsengit was never that way before12:30
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-51-208.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tsengif we can revert it beagle binary could be demoted if that was intentional12:31
=== tortoise_ [n=tortoise@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograseb128, i'll surely look into it, but i cant promise it will be non intrusive enough to enter edgy12:40
ogramneptok, ouch, my back12:40
Keybukslomo or siretart: around?12:44
sivangmneptok: sent12:44
sivangmneptok: hope it's understandable and readable :-)12:44
=== Kamion makes another effort to figure out why anastacia wants to promote type-handling
siretartKeybuk: yes, (sort of)12:45
KamionKeybuk: did you promote jack-audio-connection-kit and friends?12:45
Kamionor did you fix whatever was pulling them in?12:45
KeybukKamion: neither12:45
Kamionmust've gone away by itself12:45
Keybuksiretart: network-manager-pptp is in NEW12:46
Keybukdoes this have a freeze exception?12:46
=== tortoise_ [n=tortoise@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
KamionKeybuk: didn't the first upload predate the freeze?12:46
Kamion  102437 | S- | network-manager-pptp | 0.6.3+cvs20060819-0u | two days12:46
Kamion  101122 | S- | network-manager-pptp | 0.6.3+cvs20060819-0u | five days12:46
KeybukKamion: it was after the mail went out12:47
Kamionah, didn't check that closely12:47
Keybukseveral hours after12:47
siretartKeybuk: I don't remember a malone bug about it. who uploaded it?12:48
=== giftnudel [n=mb@p54B29B2B.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybuksiretart: nobody I've heard of12:49
mjg59Has the network-manager "Create network" feature ever worked?12:49
Kamionoh, heh, I think type-handling is a subtle germinate bug to do with % (whole-source) processing12:49
mjg59Because it really doesn't seem to now12:49
giftnudelmjg59: yes, it does12:49
Keybukmjg59: yes12:49
giftnudelwell, it did12:49
Keybukbut that doesn't do what you think12:49
Keybukthat creates an ad-hoc network with that name12:49
tepsipakkiwould it be possible for the dapper-backports -changes to contain the changelog compared to the previous version?12:49
giftnudelKeybuk: yes, I have done this before12:49
Keybuksiretart: Craig Box12:49
tepsipakkinow the changelogs are useless, since they only have "automated backport upload..". Where to file a bug?12:50
mjg59Keybuk: Yes, that's what I'd expected12:51
mjg59Instead, I got it appearing to attempt to DHCP12:51
Keybukmjg59: oh, then yes, it seems to work12:51
Keybukyeah it does that12:51
Keybukand when the dhcp fails, it falls back to a link-local12:51
mjg59And finally timing out and dropping back to there being no network12:52
Kamiongiftnudel: no, ubuntu-meta is almost never the right place12:52
Keybukit's entirely possible all that is broken in Ubuntu :)12:52
mjg59Keybuk: Heh12:52
Kamiontepsipakki: file it without a source package and subscribe ubuntu-archive - it's a script that we haven't got round to getting into soyuz yet12:52
mjg59Keybuk: It'd be good if someone else could give it a quick check, and make sure it's not just me12:52
giftnudelKamion: well, I thought for such stuff not belonging to a package12:52
Kamiongiftnudel: no12:52
tepsipakkiKamion: ok, will do12:53
Kamiongiftnudel: if it doesn't belong to a source package, don't enter a source package at all12:53
giftnudeloh, ok12:53
Kamiongiftnudel: otherwise the few things that really do belong to ubuntu-meta get buried in crap12:53
giftnudelright, that shows Ubuntu, correct?12:53
Keybukmjg59: the only laptop I have here is this one12:53
Keybuk(in a working state, that is)12:53
giftnudelKamion: well, I forgot you can file a bug without a package, thanks12:53
ajmitchKeybuk: first nm-pptp upload predated the freeze by several hours12:56
siretartKeybuk: never heared about him as well12:56
Keybukajmitch: it still appears to post-date it for me12:56
ajmitchKeybuk: at least I recall uploading it in the morning before the freeze was announced12:56
Keybukoh hmm12:57
Keybukmaybe you're right12:57
Keybukajmitch: gktools rejected; copying, the source files, and debian/copyright disagree12:58
ajmitchI thought I'd checked that one over 12:59
=== ajmitch kicks self
=== Rico_ [n=rjh@chaffinch.netcraft.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ajmitchKeybuk: just the missing LGPL eggtryicon.*?01:01
=== sabdfl [n=sabdfl@ubuntu/member/pdpc.silver.sabdfl] has left #ubuntu-devel []
Keybukajmitch: COPYING is GPL01:01
Keybuksource is LGPL01:01
Keybukthis requires upstream intervention01:02
StevenKAnd debian/copyright says MIT? :-P01:02
ajmitchI must have been blind there01:02
ajmitchI'll try & track them down01:02
=== Keybuk blinks
KeybukI like this one01:02
Keybukthe author has pasted their standard GPL preamble at the top of every source file01:02
Keybukincluding those copied from gettext01:02
herzitfheen: are you at work today?01:03
=== rodarvus [n=rodarvus@ubuntu/member/rodarvus] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tfheenherzi: yes01:08
ograherzi, we didnt unite with norway yet so there is no bank holiday :)01:08
=== thekorn [n=markus@a81-14-180-182.net-htp.de] has left #ubuntu-devel []
ajmitchwe'll see if the gktools author responds..01:11
ograsimira, it would gain you an extra fee day ;)01:11
sivangmneptok: did my email reach you ?01:13
Keybuklfittl: ping?01:20
herzitfheen: can you take a look at the casper bug report on launchpad then, please?01:21
tfheenherzi: which bug?01:21
herzithe one i asked you about on sunday01:21
=== vorbote [n=camael@unaffiliated/vorbote] has joined #ubuntu-devel
lfittlKeybuk: pong01:22
UbugtuMalone bug 63277 in casper "Doesn't work from USB devices" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  01:22
Keybuklfittl: I'm rejecting glest and glest-data I'm afraid01:22
tfheenherzi: have you tried with today's daily?01:22
Keybukglest is GPL 2, but glest-data has no permission for modification01:22
Keybukso glest-data could go into multiverse01:23
Keybukbut the strict dependency between the two implies a GPL violation to me01:23
lfittlKeybuk: hmm01:23
Keybukif it were a suggests, and glest could function without the data, then I wouldn't have a problem01:23
lfittlKeybuk: and how about putting glest into multiverse as well?01:23
=== twilight [n=twilight@ubuntu/member/twilight] has joined #ubuntu-devel
lfittlKeybuk: GPL violation also applies to art and code?01:24
Keybuklfittl: like I said, the fact there's a dependency there implies a GPL violation to me01:24
=== cr3 [n=marc@pdpc/supporter/bronze/cr3] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukthe two aren't functionally different entities01:24
Keybukso shipping them together means that the data must be GPL also, under the terms of the GPL01:24
lfittlKeybuk: ok, thats unfortunate, will try to contact upstream about that, thanks01:24
Keybukif the data could be replaced, or glest could work without it, then I would agree that they were different things01:24
lfittlyep, understood01:24
mneptoksivang: it did, thanks.01:25
mneptoksivang: i will pass along the action items01:25
KeybukI'm erring on a slightly strict side of "intent of the licence" rather than "letter of the licence"01:25
=== mneptok tootles off for home
herzitfheen: no, not yet01:25
=== mneptok [n=mneptok@mneptok.com] has left #ubuntu-devel []
herzitfheen: is that supposed to be fixed?01:25
lfittlKeybuk: what would be your proposed solution for upstream? release the art under a different license?01:26
Keybuklfittl: release the art under a licence that permits modification01:26
Keybukand GPL compatible, obviously01:26
tfheenherzi: yes01:26
=== JB[away] [n=as@c167176.adsl.hansenet.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukgiven their current text of the art licence permits more free distribution than the GPL allows, I suggest MIT01:26
Keybukor just GPL the artwork01:26
lfittlk, and if they don't want to do that, we need at least some sample art that has a gpl compatible license01:27
Keybukthen they should release the source under a different (or dual) licence, such that we are permitted to distribute it with the artwork01:27
HobbseeKeybuk: @ https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/gaim-librvp/+bug/63684  <-- remove the one that's in the archive.01:27
UbugtuMalone bug 63684 in gaim-librvp "Please remove gaim-librvp from the archive" [Undecided,Confirmed]  01:27
KeybukHobbsee: which one is in the archive?01:28
Keybukincorrect answer01:28
Hobbseethe version for 2.x hasnt been written yet :P01:28
Keybuk0.9-1 is in the archive01:28
Keybukit just hasn't built01:28
Hobbseeright, so my system....01:28
Hobbseeah.  i checked that originally01:28
Hobbseejust cheated and ran apt-cache policy to check01:28
Hobbseeindeed, you're right.01:28
Keybuklfittl: ironically, it's distribution that's the problem -- if we didn't attempt to distribute the artwork at all, and it was up to the user to download it an put it in the right place, then I wouldn't be concerned either01:29
Keybukbecause then we're not violating the GPL by forcing GPL and non-free packages together01:29
Keybukwe're just shipping an incomplete (but free) source :)01:29
lfittlheh, I always hate license problems ;)01:32
=== thekorn [n=markus@a81-14-180-182.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
BenCKamion: There should be. The last lrm upload I did enabled it01:35
=== tortoise_ [n=tortoise@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== vorbote [n=camael@unaffiliated/vorbote] has left #ubuntu-devel ["vorbote]
ajmitchKeybuk: well, I got a quick reply on the gktools issue :)01:40
=== lastnode [n=lastnode@unaffiliated/mahangu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
KamionBenC: ah, it failed to build: http://librarian.launchpad.net/4625766/buildlog_ubuntu-edgy-powerpc.linux-restricted-modules-2.6.17_2.6.17.5-8_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz01:43
BenCKamion: Ok, I'll fix that and reupload01:44
BenCno madwifi for ppc6401:45
=== StevenK idly wonders how much hard drive space the librarian has kicking around.
ograam i supposed to have the ppc *and* the ppc64 linux-image on the powerpc CD 01:45
shawarmaDoes anyone know where pitti is?01:45
ajmitchshawarma: holiday in .de today01:45
BenCogra: Yeah, it can dual boot01:45
Kamionogra: yes01:45
shawarmaajmitch: so back tomorrow?01:45
ajmitchshawarma: I'd presume so, I can't be certain though :)01:46
shawarmaajmitch: Ok, that's fine. thanks.01:46
ajmitchsigh, trying to convince an upstream of licensing problems is tedious01:49
tsengajmitch: i hope it isnt RML01:56
ajmitchdamn, should have plugged the laptop in01:57
tsengyou mentioned to me missing gpl header, i told him in person01:57
tsenghe was not thrilled01:57
ajmitchg-p-m didn't warn me of battery going flat01:57
tsengis there any way to turn off the beep, tw01:58
ajmitchwhat beep?01:58
gnomefreakKamion: when you get a sec. with livecd installer grub gets put on MBR correct? I always get an error 15 file not found after grub comes up i choose ubuntu. this is dual boot with win 2k pro and edgy02:01
tfheenanybody got an idea about https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/casper/+bug/63398 ?  It's clearly not a casper bug.  I could just say "mdadm and lvm2 were removed on purpose, rejected"02:02
UbugtuMalone bug 63398 in casper "[regression]  live cd doesn't support lvm/md (software raid) devices" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  02:02
=== Fujitsu [n=Fujitsu@ubuntu/member/fujitsu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mbiebl [n=michael@dslb-088-064-163-041.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== thekorn [n=markus@a81-14-180-182.net-htp.de] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== smurf [n=smurf@debian/developer/smurf] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamiongnomefreak: yes, it goes on the MBR. I think you might need somebody who can cope with grub better than I can02:20
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@ubuntu/member/ivoks] has joined #ubuntu-devel
gnomefreakKamion: ok ty02:20
Kamiongnomefreak: could be it's pointing at the wrong device or something02:27
gnomefreakill look into it i have to set edgy up on other pc this week so i will see if it happens on that one too. i didnt know if this was a bug that was known. i couldnt locate any on LP about it02:28
=== AlinuxOS [n=alinux@d81-211-228-83.cust.tele2.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gman [i=gman@nat/sun/x-2a634b9f43a3287e] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
bddebianHowdy folks02:38
seb128hi bddebian02:39
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-66-238.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
bddebianHello seb12802:39
Keybukwhen a printer doesn't actually print anything02:39
Keybukthat means it's broken?02:39
seb128Keybuk, infinity: could you give a build retry to nautilus, yelp, evolution ?02:39
bddebianKeybuk: Won't print a test page from itself?02:40
Keybukbddebian: it prints it02:40
Keybukbut doesn't actually put any ink on the paper02:40
bddebianChange the toner/ink? ;-)02:40
imbrandoncould be a dry inkwell02:41
Keybukseb128: edgy?02:41
Keybukbddebian: done that02:41
bddebianKeybuk: Is it a laser or ink jet?02:41
Keybukink jet02:42
bddebianYou pulled the little plastic strip off the cartridges?02:42
=== bddebian ducks
Keybukthere wasn't one02:42
bddebianSorry, does it have a head cleaning option, or can you see any gunk built up on the head?02:43
imbrandonyea thats what i was gonna say check the heads ( if its not one that has new heads on the ink carts )02:43
seb128Keybuk: yep02:43
=== heno [n=henrik@ti200720a080-3704.bb.online.no] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukbddebian: from fixyourownprinter.com, it seems it's a common problem with this printer model02:47
Keybukand it's a hardware failure02:47
=== Rico- [n=rjh@chaffinch.netcraft.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gman is now known as GmanZZZ
=== ArtVandalae [n=saron@ppp91-231.lns1.mel3.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lastnode_ [n=lastnode@unaffiliated/mahangu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== heno [n=henrik@ti200720a080-4376.bb.online.no] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukdoko: libjfreechart-java will need a rebuild?03:10
Keybuklikewise libjcommon-java03:10
=== froud [n=froud@dsl-145-39-98.telkomadsl.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-devel
KeybukTonio_: ping03:13
=== moi1392 [n=cedric@ambre.loria.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
moi1392hello, I have a feature request for ubuntu and want to submit it here before launchpad to be sure it make sense03:16
seb128moi1392: hi03:17
moi1392seb128: :) hello03:17
moi1392it's about xorg, I frequetly see on forum poeple that configure bad xorg and then it fail to load ! it's specially critical with newbies because the only way for them is to reinstall all the system !03:19
seb128what do you suggest to solve that?03:19
moi1392I wonder if it's a good idea to have a static second config file (for example /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf) that is set at the installation time and never change, then, if xorg fail to load with /etc/X11/xorg.conf, it could try with that more failsafe config file03:20
moi1392it's a low term and low cost solution, but could really help many poeple !!03:20
AmaranthI wonder though, how someone would manage to break xorg in a stable release but not know how to fix it.03:21
moi1392I don't know anything about X development, but i'm sure it not that hard to implement03:21
moi1392Amaranth: many poeple try to change their xorg.conf option for some (not alays good) reason and then the server fail to load03:22
tepsipakkithe static file would not work if the user changed the adapter03:22
tepsipakki..which uses different driver03:23
Amaranththe real solution is adapter and monitor autodetection03:23
seb128moi1392: users should not touch something like that if they don't know what they are doing03:23
moi1392tepsipakki: we could use the vesa driver for example, it's a "failsafe" solution only03:23
Amaranthtepsipakki: not really, vesa would still work03:23
tepsipakkiof course03:23
AmaranthBut if you switch PCI slots it'll probably fail03:23
moi1392seb128: i'm agree, but users touch it !03:23
seb128moi1392: and they learn to not touch it again then :p03:23
pepsimanmonitor autodetection doesn't work when the monitor is off03:24
AmaranthI meant monitor hotplug03:24
Tonio_Keybuk: pong03:24
pepsimanAmaranth: now that would be cool03:25
=== cr3 [n=marc@pdpc/supporter/bronze/cr3] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Amaranthit's possible, apparently it was demoed at GUADEC03:25
Amaranthanyway, time to go03:25
moi1392seb128: yes, but the first time, the X fail to load and the user is angry against ubnutu and not against itself because he broke it !03:25
tepsipakkimaybe the error message should say something about a mirror ;)03:26
KeybukTonio_: digikam moved to main for you03:26
Tonio_Keybuk: great, and same for its 2 deps I assume ?03:26
seb128moi1392: not a lot we can do against people blaming somebody else when they break something03:26
Kamionmoi1392: at present, there's no one xorg.conf file that would work properly for everyone03:27
moi1392seb128: yes, we can work to avoid that think to be broken *so easyly* (ok, actually, not that so easyly...)03:27
Kamionmoi1392: X upstream is working on full autodetection, so that under normal circumstances you won't need xorg.conf at all03:27
Tonio_Keybuk: okay thanks, I'm updating kubuntu-desktop03:27
Kamionmoi1392: that will solve this problem much better03:27
moi1392Kamion: I know that, but my idea is only a low term solution, and since *it looks* (may be i'm wrong here..) easy to implement, it could be a good idea03:28
Kamiondoesn't sound trivial to implement to me03:28
Kamionif you want to prove me wrong by means of a patch, you're welcome ;)03:29
moi1392Kamion: if I remember well, you can give the xorg config file at a parameter to /usr/bin/X, so if it fail to load, simply retry with a parameter :)03:29
Kamionbut at present I doubt there's an xorg.conf which will work on all hardware, which brings you back to autodetection, which brings you back to files that people sometimes need to edit and will sometimes screw up03:29
Kamionmoi1392: doesn't really help, see above03:30
moi1392Kamion: I take a look at this later today :)03:30
Kamionultimately, if people are going to go and edit system files by hand, there's only so far you can go to protect them03:30
Kamionbecause you'll find that somebody will write a howto that tells people to edit your next layer of protection03:31
Kamionand then you need a third layer03:31
Kamionand it all gets totally mad03:31
KeybukKamion: odd, ubuntu-desktop depends on libgnome2-perl, which depends libgtk2-perl, which depends libcairo-perl, which is in universe03:31
Keybukhow do the CDs build?03:31
Keybukit's a build dep03:31
moi1392Kamion: agree with that ! but again, it's a short term solution that can prevent some poeple saying aroud "ubuntu is bad, I just miss to change something, or try to install some driver and it doesn't work anymore..."03:31
Kamionmoi1392: short-term solutions that invent extra files that we then have to carry around for ever, upgrade, etc. are often worse than no solutions, I'm afraid03:32
Kamionone has to be careful about which hacks one decides to introduce ...03:33
moi1392Kamion: I have no good answer to that :/ you take a point.03:33
Kamionmoi1392: a better answer might be a way to get to a safe mode from a boot option, like we already have on the live CD03:34
Kamionthough we already have "recovery mode" which is single-user, so the wording would be difficult at the grub menu03:34
Keybukit'd make sense to merge the two anyway03:35
Keybuksingle-user could still be an X server03:36
Kamionwhat, have sulogin ask "do you want to continue booting to X?" or something?03:36
Keybukor just not bother with sulogin at all?03:36
Keybukand just leave that there for people who know about kernel command-line options03:36
Kamionbit concerned that we'd be breaking some recovery cases where you do need sulogin03:36
thomyeah, that sounds like a really bad idea tbh03:37
Kamionwe shouldn't call it "single-user" if it starts X03:37
Keybukwhich need sulogin?03:37
Kamionif rc2 is fucked03:37
Keybukwe don't call it "single-user", we call it "recovery mode"03:37
Kamion14:36 < Keybuk> single-user could still be an X server03:37
Keybuksorry, I meant the grub option03:37
Kamionyeah, don't massively object to tat03:38
=== Keybuk guesses elmo cares about nagios-plugins
elmohmm, what now?03:41
Keybukoh, just demoting nagios to universe ;)03:41
Keybuk(actually, I'm not, I promoted its deps -- they were split from a package that was previously in main)03:41
elmoI'd be surprised if nagios was ever in main03:42
elmoit's not something I can imagine pitti endorsing without violence involved03:42
Kamion    nagios | 2:1.3-0+pre6 |         hoary | source03:42
Keybukit has the comment "# SECURITAH REVIEW" next to it03:42
KeybukI'm entirely happy to put it in universe03:43
elmoI'm easy, I think we should, if only because it's superseded by nagios203:43
elmobtw - what's the best way for someone as lazy as me to get xvnc4viewer into main?03:44
elmoxvncviewer is buggy to the point of unsuability03:44
Keybukoh, well then03:44
StevenKelmo: Hack the xfree86 source of the bastard so it builds?03:44
StevenKs/of/out of/03:44
StevenKThat was the situation last I looked at it, if I recall.03:44
elmoStevenK: xvncviewer has the same problem?03:44
StevenKelmo: Graah. My memory isn't quite that good.03:45
StevenKIOW, I'm not sure.03:45
=== StevenK wonders if he's awake to look now.
seb128infinity: do you know why http://people.ubuntu.com/~pitti/ddebs/pool/main/e/evolution-exchange/ has no i386 version? the package has built on i386 before amd6403:50
=== pradeep [n=pradeep@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sebest [n=sebest@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sebestanybody knows why /proc/net/dev is not updated in real time on ubuntu, it seesm to be updated every 1/2 seconds03:58
Keybukis it updated in real time on any other distrbution?04:00
=== shawarma [n=sh@vega.linux2go.dk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKelmo: Can I suggest you bug pitti? He was the one that pointed out that vnc{,4} still contained Xfree86 code in the source tree, and he may know what it will take to get the damn thing promoted.04:03
elmoStevenK: yeah, will, do thanks04:03
StevenKelmo: No problem.04:04
sebestKeybuk, yes it seems04:06
sebestKeybuk, when i do this : for i in `seq 1 1000` ; do cat /proc/net/dev | grep eth0; done04:06
sebeston my custom kernel i have a different value on each line04:06
sebeston ubuntu, i have 5 different lines04:07
Keybuk*shrug* could be caused by anything04:07
sebestKeybuk, it seems to be kernel related?04:08
sebestand it gives bad behaviour with tools like  nload04:08
Keybukit would definitely be kernel related ;)04:08
sebestthe graphics of nload are flawed becuase of this04:09
sebestbecause it computes the difference every 500ms, so it gives 0 04:09
sebest1/2 of the time04:10
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-66-238.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sebestKeybuk, first i thought it could be controlled throught sysctl, but i didn't find anything related to this04:11
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-66-238.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has left #ubuntu-devel []
seb128herzi: does adblocker has an UI now?04:12
seb128herzi: and why is it not built by default by upstream?04:13
herziit is built04:13
seb128no it's not04:13
herzibut it should be enabled in the user config by default04:13
seb128or it would be shipped with the package04:13
herzitoday is bug-day for me04:14
seb128herzi: I didn't really get your blog on "Ubuntu is like WIndows" BTW04:14
seb128herzi: I didn't have to reinstall any of my Ubuntu (out of my desktop because services-admin trashed /etc/rc.d) and I upgrade from version to version04:15
=== Rico_ [n=rjh@chaffinch.netcraft.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== shawarma [n=sh@vega.linux2go.dk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
elmosomeone remind me of the shell idiom to iterate over lines in a file?04:17
=== fsmw [n=Fernando@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKfor i in $(cat file) ; do echo $i ; done  ?04:18
elmoi.e. like for i in <blah>; do <blah> done, but line splitting, not word splitting04:18
kristogwhile read line ?04:18
_ionwhile read ...; do ... ; done <file04:18
_ionThat doesn't read the whole file to memory.04:19
herziseb128: yes, updating works04:19
herzibut if i update for some releases04:19
herziand then reinstall04:19
herzithere's a feelable difference04:20
=== rodarvus [n=rodarvus@ubuntu/member/rodarvus] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128herzi: there should not04:22
herzii have had missing splash screens for breezy, missing upstart for edgy04:22
herzii often feel surprised when setting up new ubuntu versions (as i did this weekend on the laptop as a result of the broken HD)04:23
Kamionelmo: IFS='04:23
herzisurprised in the positive sense04:23
Kamionwith that literal line-break in there04:23
Kamionyou'll want to save IFS first and restore it afterwards04:23
=== shawarma [n=sh@vega.linux2go.dk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
herzibut then this is also negative because IMHO it should not differ and show all the beauty also when upgrading04:23
Kamionelmo: while read works too, and may be easier (lighter on memory too, as _ion said), although it has the disadvantage that any variables you set inside the loop won't be preserved outside the loop because the loop body becomes a subshell04:24
=== sbalneav [n=sbalneav@mail.legalaid.mb.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamionherzi: such things are possible, but we do want to hear about them in the form of bug reports04:25
herziKamion: the problem is that you don't expect me to have two installations and always compare them04:26
herziso i don't recognize them always in the moment they appear04:26
=== kbyrd [n=Miranda@mailout1.vmware.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
herzi(the missing splash screen was something I realized with dapper, so it was already skipping a whole release)04:27
_ionfoo | while read x; do foo=42; done; echo $foo  nothing04:27
seb128herzi: usually things like that happens when you remove ubuntu-desktop at some point04:27
_ionwhile read x; do foo=42; done < bar; echo $foo  4204:28
seb128herzi: because the ubuntu-* make sure you have things like upstart or new splash installed on upgrade otherwise04:28
_ionkamion: 04:29
seb128herzi: using the dist-upgrader is also a good idea, dunno if you did so, because it has some magic and does smarts things on upgrade04:30
herziseb128: i usually dist-upgrade after modifying the sources.list to play with eg. edgy right now04:31
seb128herzi: with ubuntu-* installed before dist-upgrade?04:31
herziso the dist-upgrader won't notice04:31
herziit should04:31
herzibut i'm not completely sure04:31
seb128herzi: right, my point is that you can't blame Ubuntu do make good upgrades if you don't use the tools that are available for that04:31
seb128herzi: update-manager makes sure you have ubuntu-desktop installed I think, it installs it if required and remove it after upgrade or something like that I think (mvo knows that better)04:32
herzii'm using update-manager04:32
seb128s/do make good upgrades/to not make good upgrades04:32
herziseb128: of course04:33
seb128herzi: update-manager -c -d I mean (the "upgrade to next major version" mode)04:33
seb128which has the smart logic I was speaking about04:34
herziahja, good to know04:34
herziis there a wiki page about that?04:34
Kamion_ion: right, true, I'm normally using the former form so I forgot the distinction04:34
seb128herzi: http://daniel.holba.ch/blog/?p=1404:35
=== bj__ [n=bj@ool-18bbaf15.dyn.optonline.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@cm61.omega22.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Yvonne [n=01101110@pdpc/supporter/active/Yvonne] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 goes for some fresh air, bbl
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508D95E6.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kent [n=kent@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== shenki [n=shenki@ppp130-129.lns3.adl2.internode.on.net] has left #ubuntu-devel ["http://xkcd.com/comics/fourier.jpg"]
=== chris38-home3 [n=Christia@mut38-4-82-233-119-151.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ne78 [n=ne@cust-229-131.dsl.versateladsl.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-66-238.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ne78will edgy be relased without rubygems ? That's a blocking issue for rails developper wanting to use rails. The root of the problem seems to be debian not accepting gems (altought they accept python easy_install/cpan/rpm/tar)05:03
ne78s/wanting to use rails/wanting to use ubuntu/05:04
KamionDo you have a reference to this alleged Debian problem?05:04
KamionThe only upstream source package format accepted by either Debian or Ubuntu is .tar.gz, but it's not uncommon for maintainers to repack whatever upstream happens to ship in the form of a .tar.gz.05:05
KamionIn the case of CPAN, they ship .tar.gz source. Source RPMs get repacked. Python source is normally .tar.gz, I believe.05:05
KamionNeither Debian nor Ubuntu is likely to accept foreign *binary* packages in the near future.05:06
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKKamion: I think the point is that with Perl, you can use CPAN to install stuff that isn't in Debian. With Ruby/Gems, you can't, since Debian doesn't provide gems.05:07
=== moi1392 [n=cedric@ambre.loria.fr] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Kopete]
KamionIs gems the toolset used to install native Ruby packages?05:08
StevenKgems install rails, etc05:08
KamionThen I want a reference to this Debian issue that ne78 mentions.05:08
StevenKThere's a bug filed, I know. 05:08
=== StevenK thinks.
Kamionhttp://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=334962 is the only one I can find05:09
UbugtuDebian bug 334962 in ruby1.8 "ruby1.8: 1.8.3 breaks RubyGems" [Important,Open]  05:09
=== AstralJava [n=jaska@cm-062-241-239-3.lohjanpuhelin.fi] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKThat's not it, I just found it.05:10
=== pitti [n=pitti@ubuntu/member/pitti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamionah, I see http://pkg-ruby-extras.alioth.debian.org/rubygems.html05:10
=== pitti waves
pittislomo: hi05:10
slomohi pitti :)05:10
Hobbseehey pitti 05:11
tkamppeterHi, piiti, did you celebrate the reunification of Germany?05:11
Kamionbut that says that a rubygems package will be made available05:11
KamionPerhaps one of the MOTUs who knows about ruby should go and talk to the Debian pkg-ruby-extras team and find out whether rubygems is in a state where it can be incorporated05:12
=== Chipzz [n=chipzz@ace.ulyssis.student.kuleuven.be] has joined #Ubuntu-Devel
Kamionlucas is our normal point of contact there05:13
ne78launchpad has https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/rails/+bug/34840 about it05:13
UbugtuMalone bug 34840 in rails "Rails needs gems" [Medium,Rejected]  05:13
slomopitti: did you get my /query?05:13
tkamppeterpitti, Mike Sweet has fixed bug 57445, can you package CUPS again, and also for bug 63707?05:13
UbugtuMalone bug 57445 in cupsys "Printing not possible with line break or mis-interpreted encoding in job title" [Undecided,Fix committed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/5744505:14
UbugtuMalone bug 63707 in cupsys "[edgy]  Error printing HTTP / IPP device-uri" [Medium,Confirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6370705:14
Kamionthere's http://packages.debian.org/experimental/interpreters/rubygems05:14
Kamionne78: I suggest you talk to lucas and find out whether he thinks we can sync rubygems from Debian experimental05:14
ne78Kamion: that would be great05:14
ne78Kamion: who is lucas ?05:14
StevenKKamion: But for Edgy+1, I suspect05:15
elmohow the heck do release critical bugs work in malone these days?05:15
Kamionne78: Lucas Nussbaum; he's involved both with Ubuntu and with the Debian pkg-ruby-extras team, I believe. I've commented on the bug you mentioned with a question.05:16
KamionStevenK: If it's vaguely workable and doesn't interfere with ruby, it could be pulled in for edgy05:16
ne78Kamion: ok thanks05:16
Kamionelmo: set milestone ubuntu-6.10, set appropriate importance05:17
=== hunger [n=tobias@p54A60560.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
elmoKamion: how do you see milestones in the normal "I'm looking at a bug" page though?05:17
Tonio_Kamion, Keybuk, mdz : I just noticed kmplayer-konq-plugins went back to universe, which is an issue still we have it in kubuntu seeds... Is there a reason for this ?05:17
ne78StevenK: it doesn't interfer with ruby, it's a optional component without any reverse depends05:18
=== lfittl [n=lfittl@85-125-229-117.dynamic.xdsl-line.inode.at] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Lure [n=lure@clj46-234.dial-up.arnes.si] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittislomo: hi, yes, it took several minutes for my IRC connection to settle05:19
pittihi tkamppeter 05:19
Kamionelmo: I don't think you can, without clicking on the fiddle-with-bug-status expander05:19
Kamionelmo: we use https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+milestone/ubuntu-6.1005:19
pittitkamppeter: marked bugs accordingly, will fix tomorrow (I have to care for an urgent issue right now)05:20
=== giftnudel [n=mb@p54A92AAB.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
elmoKamion: _classy_05:20
Kamionelmo: the way it lists all the fixed bugs is particularly good05:22
=== hunger_ [n=tobias@p54A618E8.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
KeybukTonio_: it wasn't seeded05:23
Kamiondesktop: * kmplayer-konq-plugins # more stable than kaffeine05:24
KamionKeybuk: was too05:24
Riddellyes, it's in our desktop seed05:24
Tonio_Keybuk: afaik it is...05:24
=== lotusleaf [n=lotuslea@unaffiliated/lotusleaf] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukthen it wouldn't have been in the list of things to demote05:25
Keybukso wouldn't have been demoted?05:25
KamionKeybuk: well, it appears to be in the list of things to *promote* now05:26
KamionKeybuk: I think you demoted all of kmplayer source by mistake rather than just some binaries, or something like that05:26
Keybukcould have done if it looked like all of kmplayer went into universe05:27
Keybukgerminate hasn't settled yet anyway05:27
Keybukwill leave it another publisher run and look what needs fixing then05:27
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bronson [n=bronson@c-71-198-75-160.hsd1.ca.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
elmoKamion: I think even better is how the sorting ... doesn't05:28
Kamionmdz: re bug 61514, would you cry very much if I just nuked the time remaining altogether? With it being rather unreliable due to CD read speeds, I kind of feel like just the percentage ought to be enough05:28
UbugtuMalone bug 61514 in ubiquity "Time remaining display should be less granular" [Low,Confirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6151405:28
Kamionelmo: definitely05:29
=== hunger__ [n=tobias@p54A62D67.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givr1 [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-56-47.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
elmoanyway, would someone (esp. a {ba,}sh fanatic) like to look at 63740 and a) confirm it, b) set it to RC?  if we're going to have ndiswrapper in main, it shouldn't be entirely broken05:30
Kamionoh my, and it doesn't even skip duplicates05:30
tkamppeterpitti, have seen your comments on the bug reports. Thanks in advance.05:31
StevenKbug 6374005:31
UbugtuMalone bug 63740 in ndiswrapper "ndiswrapper wrapper (sic) uses bashisms" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6374005:31
=== StevenK is lazy
pittimy pleasure :)05:31
mdzKamion: I would not cry if we disabled it for now and did it properly for edgy+105:31
Kamionelmo: I'll just fix it, how about that ...05:32
elmoKamion: giggle, that works too05:32
Kamionmdz: I'll take that as a "yes" - I'd rather fix it once while I'm there05:33
Keybukcould you fix it to actually work while you're in there05:34
Keybukand generate correct modprobe alias lines?05:34
Keybukso it'll get automatically loaded05:34
elmoit worked for me just now - apart from the auto loading part05:35
elmowell, once I installed ndis 1.805:35
elmothat's probably another bug05:35
elmowell it is - there's several open about it already05:35
KamionKeybuk: why don't you do it then - I have no idea beyond the obvious shell bug05:36
Kamion[^...]  -> [!...]  in debian/ndiswrapper and debian/rules05:37
Keybukbecause I don't know my way around the windows inf files well enough to do it properly05:37
KeybukI've been bugging upstream on/off about it for the best part of a year05:37
=== lastnode__ [n=lastnode@unaffiliated/mahangu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== MagnusR [n=magru@c83-250-59-127.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamionin that case, I'll just fix elmo's bug05:38
KeybukI was more arguing for demoting it to universe since it doesn't actually work properly anyway05:38
BenCpitti: oooh...I found something you might like for edgy+105:39
KamionKeybuk: can't say I care05:39
pittiBenC: ooh, a surprise??? :)05:39
BenCpitti: corename in 2.6.19 kernel (maybe 2.6.18 supports it too) will support pipes, so you can do "| /usr/bin/apport" :)05:39
pittiBenC: \o/05:40
=== lastnode [n=lastnode@unaffiliated/mahangu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiBenC: well, that still doesn't completely replace our interface since we need the signal number05:40
BenCmeans it can support core's in chroots and such05:40
pittiBenC: but maybe the signal number can be extracted from the core05:40
BenCpitti: right, but I can build on this functionality now that it's there05:40
pittiyeah, that rocks05:41
BenCwe can revisit this in mountain view05:41
BenCI'll have installable kernels for edgy+1 before then05:41
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdong_ [n=jdong@d192-24-235-141.try.wideopenwest.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== BenC [n=bcollins@debian/developer/bcollins] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== holycow [n=a@mail.wjsgroup.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukya know ... I really prefer the dapper usplash to edgy06:06
gnomefreakit feels more complete to me06:06
gnomefreakbut edgys isnt too bad06:07
pitti'more complete' in the sense that it actually works, yes :)06:07
Keybukthe progress bar is far too thin and mean, and having it bunched up at the top of the screen just looks bad06:07
pitti</whine>, sorry06:07
=== mantiena [n=svetelis@bonamens.lt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
gnomefreaklol pitti 06:07
mantienaHi all06:07
gnomefreakpitti: mine works fine06:07
henoKeybuk: agree, why is it so thin and bright?06:11
mantienamaybe somebody knows when language-packs will be updated ?06:12
elmoKamion: thanks (ndiswrapper)06:12
=== EtienneG [n=etienne@modemcable243.80-200-24.mc.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128"Proposal: NetworkManager for GNOME 2.18."06:13
seb128let's see how the discussion is going to turn ;)06:14
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
slomodon't think it will be included... it's not really mature enough imho ;)06:14
seb128slomo: RedHat and Novell seem to think it is, that will count for something06:15
Burgworkslomo, nor do I06:15
Burgworkslomo, I wonder if I shoudl start the discussion of with a discussion of why I think it is not mature06:16
seb128Burgwork: you think the linux stack behind it is not ready or do you think n-m is not?06:16
Keybukthe lack of support for common networking cases is the worrying thing for me06:16
Keybuke.g. static networks06:17
seb128it just ignores those for the moment no?06:17
Burgworkseb128, n-m06:17
Keybukright, there's no way to set up a static network with NM06:17
Burgworkwhich is tons of fun06:17
seb128should not be too hard to fix06:17
Keybuk"hard to fix" ?06:18
Keybukwell, first you'd have to write a GUI for configuring static networks06:18
seb128"use n-m for non-static and keep using what we have for static" would work for now06:18
Keybukthat's what we do06:18
Keybukbut this to me is a reason not to make it part of GNOME by default06:18
seb128right, expected that we don't do n-m06:18
Keybukit's just not complete enough06:18
seb128is somebody working on that part?06:19
Keybuknot that I know of06:19
seb128I mean if they started working on it 2.18 can be realistic06:20
=== kbyrd [n=Miranda@mailout1.vmware.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
BurgworkKeybuk, what about the atheros issue?06:20
Keybuk"the atheros issue" ?06:22
Burgworkthe fun interaction between n-m and those cards06:23
=== LaserJock [n=LaserJoc@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdongBurgwork: I have an atheros and it appears to work fine with nm06:25
jdongtwo atheroses, actually06:26
jdongwhat interaction is it?06:26
KeybukBurgwork: works for me06:28
BurgworkI have had a few issues, but I should probably test nm, given the last one I tested was a few months ago06:30
jdongthe only issue I can _think_ of is that the available networks list might not refresh properly once you are connected to a network06:32
=== geser [n=michael@dialin105046.justdsl.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-devel
doko_Kamion: all -java binaries built on all archs (db4.4 still in NEW)06:43
=== shackan [n=shackan@85-18-14-13.fastres.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamiondoko_: thanks; db4.4 accepted06:47
=== BenC [n=bcollins@debian/developer/bcollins] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== human_blip [n=mike@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Fibbs [n=Christia@p549728C9.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-27-200.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
FibbsHi folks06:59
FibbsCan someone here explain me what to do to get ubuntu edgy beta to run as a DomU in xen? I have the problem that xen is complaining about the glibc (tls nonsegneg) also after moving /lib/tls away.06:59
FibbsOn some distributions there are methods to configure glibc with some config file but i did not find nothing about this06:59
lotusleafFibbs: have you tried #ubuntu+107:00
zulor #ubuntu-xen07:00
=== winkle [i=winkle@suiko.acc.umu.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Fibbszul: oh, didn't know that there was a ubuntu-xen channel07:01
Fibbslotusleaf: What does #ubuntu+1 threat about?07:01
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i577B2645.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
lotusleafFibbs: see topic here re: support issues and /join #ubuntu+1 for Edgy support and #ubuntu-xen which may help your particular issue07:02
=== o_cee [n=oscar@c83-249-74-48.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mantienawho is responsible for language-packs generation ?07:14
=== robitaille [n=daniel@ubuntu/member/robitaille] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128mantiena: pitti and carlos and launchpad07:14
mantienaseb128, thans07:14
seb128usually better to ask your question07:15
seb128easier to give an appropriate reply07:15
mantienapitti, maybe you know when language-packs will be updated ?  ;)07:15
pittimantiena: I'll care for it tomorrow07:15
pittimantiena: we have a new stable release updates process, so I'll just upload them to dapper-proposed for now07:16
pittiand to dapper-updates a week after07:16
mantienapitti, I'm asking about language-packs for egdy :)07:17
pittimantiena: ah; well, I'll have them uploaded tomorrow, too07:18
pittimantiena: our normal schedule is 'first Monday in the month', but I was too busy yesterday07:18
mantienapitti, thanks for info07:19
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdongis it a known issue that fglrx isn't modprobing by default anymore?07:26
jdongI know there was a recent l-r-m upload that was supposed to make fglrx modprobe by default....07:26
jdongif it's used in xorg.conf07:26
=== marcin_ant [n=marcin@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ompaul [n=ompaul@ubuntu/member/ompaul] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-27-200.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== towolf [n=towolf@dslb-084-057-221-171.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nags [n=nags@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tucoz [n=martin@rockbox/developer/tucoz] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tucozhi, i have filed a bugreport and chose the linux-source package. However, this is wrong and i can not change this. Should i close the bugreport, or leave it open even though it is for the wrong package?07:45
seb128tucoz: how can't you change it?07:48
tucozI want to change it to xorg-driver-fglrx , but launchpad doesn't find that. And if i wipe out the package text, nothing gets changed.07:49
tucozI figured it was better to have nothing, than the wrong target07:49
Kamiontucoz: you need to use a source package name - try 'linux-restricted-modules-2.6.17' (for edgy, or ...-2.6.15 for dapper)07:49
Kamion$ apt-cache showsrc xorg-driver-fglrx | head -n107:50
KamionPackage: linux-restricted-modules-2.6.1707:50
pittimantiena: hm, wait - we just recently updated edgy langpacks for the beta, I don't think another update is justified yet; do you see a particular reason to do it now?07:50
tucozah. so that is how it works. Thank you07:50
pittimantiena: (I'm only concerned about dapper right now, it does need an update)07:50
=== tucoz [n=martin@rockbox/developer/tucoz] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Leaving"]
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdongbaah... keybuk... you broke my fglrx.ko... :)07:53
jdong"   * Don't allow the fglrx module to be loaded if it's not used in xorg.conf"07:54
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdong^^ apparently it doesn't load it even IF it's in xorg.conf :D ^^07:54
_ionThat's a feature.07:54
jdong_ion: are you auditioning to be RMS or something?07:55
_ionHow did you guess? :-)07:55
jdongwell, it's indirectly causing bug 63558 too07:56
UbugtuMalone bug 63558 in usplash "Latest usplash leaves my consoles corrupted" [Low,Confirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6355807:56
jdongso I guess that's a feature, too :D07:56
_ionI don't have a long enough beard, though.07:56
jdonggrr... fglrx should really TELL me when its kernel module is not found07:58
jdongnvidia does that... (by... bombing out and displaying GDM's BSOD)07:58
jdongthat way I won't file erroneous bugs on usplash07:59
=== mdke [n=matt@81-178-194-123.dsl.pipex.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lotusleaf [n=lotuslea@unaffiliated/lotusleaf] has left #ubuntu-devel ["trombone"]
=== lfittl_ [n=lfittl@85-125-229-117.dynamic.xdsl-line.inode.at] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mantienapitti, yes, I see the reason for updating edgy langpacks at least one time before edgy release candidate :) Now langpacks are more than week old and people are translating, for example I've translated gnome-app-install for edgy 3 days ago :)08:06
pittimantiena: oh, of course we'll update them again for the RC08:06
pittimantiena: but translators should use my daily generated updates for testing08:07
mantienapitti, where ?08:11
pittimantiena: deb http://people.ubuntu.com/~pitti/langpacks/daily/edgy ./08:12
pittimantiena: likewise for s/edgy/dapper-updates/ etc.08:13
=== sabdfl [n=sabdfl@ubuntu/member/pdpc.silver.sabdfl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittihi sabdfl08:13
mantienapitti, thanks08:14
sabdflhi efters08:17
tfheenhello Mark08:17
abattoirKamion: hi, w.r.t bug 62777 , the fix has not yet been uploaded right?08:18
UbugtuMalone bug 62777 in ubuntu-cdimage "kubuntu installs oem-config-gtk" [Undecided,Fix released]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6277708:18
jdonglol, efters.... gotta remember that one :)08:18
Kamionabattoir: I've deployed the fix on the cdimage build machine, but I only committed the corresponding oem-config fix to bzr a few minutes ago08:19
Kamionso no, not yet uploaded08:19
KamionI was going to hoover up a few other bugs first08:19
=== jdong waves at sabdfl, too
Kamionabattoir: I've pushed the branch with the fix, though08:19
abattoirKamion: ok, because i tested 1003 build, doesnt seem to install oem-config at all, i'll try installing again08:19
Kamionsounds slightly different, perhaps; /var/log/syslog (or /var/log/installer/syslog after reboot) might be interesting08:20
sabdflhey jdong, how's the backport scene?08:20
abattoirKamion: ok, i'll check that if installation fails again(oem user is created, btw)08:20
jdongsabdfl: pretty good, pretty good. finally dapper-backports is working as expected :)08:21
sabdflare you guys basically running it from start to finish?08:21
jdongsabdfl: yeah; it's primarily me dealing with the requests, testing the packages, and approving the packages...08:21
Kamionabattoir: nod, thanks08:21
jdongit's been slightly overwhelming these past few weeks though, still catching up :)08:22
abattoirKamion: thank you ;)08:22
sabdflbroad shoulders!08:22
jdongI'll also have to try to find the time to go through the MOTU process... more and more I'm finding the need to patch into universe, and I feel kind of bad for nagging folks in #ubuntu-motu to do my dirty work :)08:23
RiddellGloubiboulga: did anyone make a xubuntu usplash?08:26
GloubiboulgaRiddell, yes jmak did08:26
=== lfittl [n=lfittl@85-125-229-117.dynamic.xdsl-line.inode.at] has joined #ubuntu-devel
RiddellGloubiboulga: great08:30
=== TMM [n=hp@c51471f2c.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== t0mmY- [n=ubuntu@ti311110a080-3465.bb.online.no] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bronson [n=bronson@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
t0mmY-hi there, having trouble with ubiquity, stalls at the time/date setup, anyone have any ideas? thank you.08:51
=== givr1 [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-59-12.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdongt0mmY-: this is primarily a development channel.... have you tried the other channels of support first?08:52
jdong(#ubuntu, #ubuntu+1 if it's Edgy, etc)08:52
t0mmY-or at least is there any other ways installing ubuntu edgy with out having to download the alternate cd?08:52
t0mmY-jdong, no i have not, sorry, saw the NO support message a little bit to late. :)08:53
=== pvanhoof [n=pvanhoof@d54C18260.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
t0mmY-how about the alternate installer thing? ideas?08:55
jdongt0mmY-: make sure it's not a bad burn. do a media check. from the livecd, the only supported installer is ubiquity08:58
jdongt0mmY-: else, go for an alternate cd08:59
Kamionwait please08:59
t0mmY-have done a media check, its ok, so..08:59
Kamionlet me dig up that bug and find out if it would be useful to have somebody to talk to in real-time who's experiencing it08:59
=== Kamion <- ubiquity maintainer
t0mmY-okei, nice :)08:59
jdongno, Kamion <- installer god :)08:59
Kamiont0mmY-: is this the edgy beta?09:00
t0mmY-yeah, downloaded the iso today..09:00
Kamiont0mmY-: Ubuntu, Kubuntu ...?09:01
dholbachbug 62752?09:01
UbugtuMalone bug 62752 in ubiquity "timezone selection in ubiquity hangs, when just proceeding and clicking next" [High,Needs info]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6275209:01
Kamiondholbach: thanks, that's the one I was looking for09:01
dholbachde rien :)09:01
=== rod_ [n=rod@17.red-62-57-67.user.auna.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
rod_is there some minimal boot cd / floppies to install ubuntu?09:02
Kamiont0mmY-: could you start the installer with 'sudo env UBIQUITY_DEBUG=1 ubiquity 2>/tmp/ubiquity.log', reproduce the hang, and attach /tmp/ubiquity.log and /var/log/syslog to bug 62572, please?09:02
UbugtuMalone bug 62572 in totem "totem-gstreamer-firefox-plugin is obsolete and should be removed" [Low,Fix released]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6257209:02
Kamiont0mmY-: er, bug 62752 I mean09:02
UbugtuMalone bug 62752 in ubiquity "timezone selection in ubiquity hangs, when just proceeding and clicking next" [High,Needs info]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6275209:02
=== BenC__ [n=bcollins@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamionrod_: http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/edgy/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/mini.iso (similar for dapper) is the smallest I support09:03
Kamionrod_: that's 8.5MB, downloads the rest from the network09:03
rod_awesome, tx Kamion 09:03
Kamionhaven't been able to cram the kernel onto a floppy, I'm afraid09:03
Kamionwell, it's not laughable, it was possible with 2.409:04
Kamionbut we've never had Ubuntu install floppies because we started out with 2.6, and AFAIK nobody's ever managed to get d-i floppies working with 2.609:05
rod_Kamion, heh ^^   It's mostly that I dont want to download first knot1, then knot2, then beta....    Now I can just do clean installs this way09:07
Kamionyou do need to remember to refresh that install image every so often09:07
rod_or whenever when edgy is out, get the latest versions instead of first the stock versions and later download all the mass updates09:07
Kamionit'll break whenever the kernel ABI changes, which is relatively often in a development cycle09:07
rod_hmm did you just say it uses a 2.4 kenel/09:08
jdongKamion: I haven't used any 2.6-based distros that support floppy kernels at all09:08
t0mmY-Kamion, i have now uploaded them too bug 6275209:08
jdongKamion: so I don't think it's a ubuntu or d-i specific problem09:09
UbugtuMalone bug 62752 in ubiquity "timezone selection in ubiquity hangs, when just proceeding and clicking next" [High,Needs info]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6275209:09
Kamionrod_: no, 2.609:09
jdongKamion: IIRC knoppix still supports like 2 or 3 floppy boots... they split up their images in some way09:09
Kamionrod_: we were discussing something else09:09
jdongmaybe it's just kernel then initrd.gz09:09
rod_Kamion, sry, i read it wrong with my lousy english09:09
jdongmaybe theirs can split that way easily09:09
rod_Kamion, since i think you make these iso's... Would you like any feedback after the installation using this iso?09:10
Kamionwell, the d-i floppy scheme is a boot floppy with kernel, root floppy with initrd, possibly driver floppies09:10
doko_Kamion: all CD images are 17MB smaller now. OOo still works; please keep about 4MB free (would like to know from heno, if the -hicontrast icons should be included again)09:10
Kamionrod_: bug reports on anything that goes wrong are always good09:10
Kamiondoko_: great, thanks!09:10
Kamiondoko_: if you could let me know if you hear that -hicontrast isn't needed, that would be good09:11
Kamiont0mmY-: oh, I see, it's line-wrapping09:12
Kamionsee the end of http://librarian.launchpad.net/4643437/syslog - that's wacky09:12
Kamiont0mmY-: thanks, that's perfect, I should be able to take it from here09:12
t0mmY-Kamion, Alright, what do you suggest for me to do in the mean time? Download alternate cd thingy ? :)09:13
Kamiont0mmY-: yep09:13
jdongt0mmY-: wait for the next ubiquity, then apt-get update from the livecd? :)09:14
jdongif your RAM permits09:14
t0mmY-jdong, will that take long? hehe, probably.. or..??09:15
t0mmY-i can install applications..09:15
jdongt0mmY-: that's a question to ask kamion :)09:15
t0mmY-jdong, i knwo..09:15
jdongt0mmY-: just enough ram to do an apt-get update and apt-get install ubiquity09:15
jdongshouldn't need any more than 51209:15
jdongat the most09:15
t0mmY-Kamion, long before new package?09:15
jdongyour sources.list on the livecd needs to reference archive.ubuntu.com though; I expect you know how to change that if it doesn't?09:16
t0mmY-jdong, got 1gb at the moment.. so i am good.. :)09:16
Kamionwell, it's annoying that I can't reproduce the bug, but maybe a day09:16
Kamionjdong: that's the default09:16
t0mmY-jdong, yeah..09:16
jdongKamion: ok, good to know09:17
Kamiont0mmY-: subscribe to that bug and you'll get a mail when it's fixed09:17
t0mmY-Kamion, any more information i might provide to help you solve this?09:17
t0mmY-Kamion, will do..09:17
Kamiont0mmY-: dunno yet :-) my test rig's busy with something else right now, and I'm in a meeting, so I haven't dived in and analysed it in full09:20
t0mmY-Kamion, alright, the alternate cd will be downloaded in about 20 minutes so, if you need something before that just ask. :)09:21
=== dous [n=dous@ubuntu/member/dous] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== TomB| [n=ownthebo@host217-44-6-189.range217-44.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== twilight [n=twilight@ubuntu/member/twilight] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Leaving"]
=== tormod [n=tormod@80-219-112-71.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kinema [n=adam@c-71-236-182-199.hsd1.or.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== spacey__ [n=herman@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdong_ [n=jdong@d192-24-235-141.try.wideopenwest.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== o_cee [n=oscar@c83-249-74-48.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== EtienneG [n=etienne@montreal.canonical.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== robitaille [n=daniel@ubuntu/member/robitaille] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Spads [n=spacehob@host-84-9-51-159.bulldogdsl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dr_kabuto [n=franky@ppp-80-136.25-151.libero.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== heno [n=henrik@ti200720a080-3919.bb.online.no] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== GmanZZZ is now known as Gman
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-12-61.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== yosch [n=yosch@lns-bzn-55-82-255-190-3.adsl.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mc44 [n=m@ip-81-170-102-110.cust.homechoice.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdongslomo: any reason why our x264 hasn't been updated since july?10:23
slomojdong: ENOTIME10:23
slomono other reason :)10:23
jdongslomo: would we have a chance of UVF'ing that? :D10:23
=== bronson [n=bronson@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
slomono idea what has changed10:23
slomomaybe :)10:23
=== jdong has no idea what's changed either, from the ABI perspective
jdongfrom the improvement side, doom9 is raving over newer releases though10:24
=== jdong tests building a new x264...
jdongslomo: are there any valuable ubuntu chances?10:28
jdongto the package10:28
slomolook at the package, i can't remember anymore ;)10:28
slomobut iirc no10:28
=== Mirrado [n=Mirrado@20150036073.user.veloxzone.com.br] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Mirrado [n=Mirrado@20150036073.user.veloxzone.com.br] has left #ubuntu-devel []
jdongdoesn't look like it10:30
=== jdong starts a pbuilder on debian-marillat package
jdongnow, the moment of truth.... :)10:31
jdongslomo: do we have anything that builds against x264 that I need to check for breakage?10:32
jdongI'm testing the obvious mencoder10:32
jdongbut the media players all decode with libavcodec10:33
=== zul [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdonghow do I query for what source packages build-dep on libx264-dev?10:39
slomogrep-dctrl on Sources10:39
jdongah, that's a wonderful idea10:40
slomoi don't know another way :)10:40
jdongslomo: only avidemux and mplayer... I'll test both10:42
jdongslomo: the marillat package builds fine in edgy, x264 cmdline works10:43
jdongmplayer rebuilt cleanly, too10:43
jdongI'm testing it now10:43
slomofile an UVF exception later with everything needed10:43
=== Ng [n=cmsj@mairukipa.tenshu.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdongslomo: I will10:46
=== AlinuxOS [n=alinux@d81-211-235-242.cust.tele2.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== _ion laughed at the checklist examples. https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2006-October/021452.html
mc44_ion, another fun thread that wont die :)10:50
_ionYeah. :-)10:50
=== mc44 [n=m@ip-81-170-102-110.cust.homechoice.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pvanhoof [n=pvanhoof@d54C18260.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== o_cee [n=oscar@c83-249-74-48.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lfittl [n=lfittl@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Kamion unbreaks oem-config
=== mat [n=mat@igoan/mat] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dous [n=dous@ubuntu/member/dous] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdongslomo: avidemux needs a simple patch to work around an API change11:11
jdongis that still ok?11:11
jdongslomo: I'm working out exactly what that "simple patch" is right now :D11:11
slomosorry, i'm busy currently :(11:11
=== kinema [n=adam@c-71-236-182-199.hsd1.or.comcast.net] has left #ubuntu-devel []
jdongslomo: I'll attach the patch to the UVF ticket then. it's a simple two-liner11:14
=== givr1 [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-30-56.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sivangjdong: where do you file he UVF expection tickets? 11:15
jdongsivang: launchpad?11:15
jdongunder the source package11:15
sivangjdong: ah, so it's bug reports :-)11:15
sivangjdong: sure, just got confused over the "ticket" term11:15
jdongsivang: ticket, bug, same thing :)11:16
jdongright now, it's just me talking to myself and motu-media getting spammed :D11:16
=== shackan [n=shackan@85-18-14-13.fastres.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdongslomo: I've completed the UVFe, assigned it to ubuntu-motu-uvf as I'm supposed to11:23
jdongenjoy :)11:23
_ionThe new community wallpapers are nice.11:24
tseng_ion: link?11:25
_ionWell, apt-get install_or_source edgy-community-wallpapers :-)11:25
_ionBlubuntu, Peace and Tropic being the new ones.11:26
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mc44_ [n=m@ip-81-170-103-191.cust.homechoice.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== thekorn [n=markus@a81-14-152-248.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rodarvus [n=rodarvus@ubuntu/member/rodarvus] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@cm61.omega22.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mbiebl [n=michael@dslb-084-056-221-113.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dous [n=dous@ubuntu/member/dous] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== fsmw [n=Fernando@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== vorbote [n=camael@unaffiliated/vorbote] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ompaul [n=ompaul@ubuntu/member/ompaul] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sivang hopes the firefox bug that prevents from adding book marks will get fixed soon. same for the constant popping window asking if to restore sessions if if it did not crash before.
=== lionelp_ [n=lionel@ip-128.net-82-216-65.rev.numericable.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== KaiL_ [n=KaiL@p548F7C67.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Ingmar^ [n=ingmar@108.38-200-80.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Ingmar^was there any recent change to the xv extension that would cause me to have dropped frames in all video players I installed (vlc, kaffeine & mplayer ) ??12:05
Ingmar^evening all :-)12:05
=== jdong has no idea...
jdongbut what video card?12:07

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!