slomoajmitch: hm? :)12:12
ajmitchslomo: yes?12:15
slomoajmitch: "Continued failure to grasp simple boolean logic. Pick up a penalty card.", what's the context? ;)12:16
ajmitch-devel list12:16
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-76-168.w86-205.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== doko_ [n=doko@dslb-088-073-075-074.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== pianoboy3333 [n=alex@ool-43567d61.dyn.optonline.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
pianoboy3333Is it possible to upgrade the python-mutagen package in edgy?12:21
pianoboy3333I mean, can some one package a new version?12:22
ajmitchpianoboy3333: it'd need some real good reasons, we're in freeze12:24
pianoboy3333Nevermind then I was just wondering, I'll build one for myself, no big deal.12:24
=== pianoboy3333 [n=alex@ool-43567d61.dyn.optonline.net] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Leaving"]
=== infinito [n=infinito@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mat [n=mat@igoan/mat] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ChaosFanuwg 4912:59
=== Arrogance [n=aks@ottawa-hs-209-217-119-70.d-ip.magma.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lastnode [n=lastnode@unaffiliated/mahangu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== givr1 [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-27-2.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ryanakca [n=ryan@unaffiliated/ryanakca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== givr1 [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-27-2.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== minghua [n=minghua@danube.mems.rice.edu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
minghuagood afternoon01:34
lophyteajmitch: how goes the build?01:38
bddebianHello minghua01:38
minghuahi bddebian01:39
=== lophyte [n=dsulliva@ubuntu/member/lophyte] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== redguy [n=mati@act20.neoplus.adsl.tpnet.pl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
zuloi...its quiet01:59
=== xopher [n=xopher@dyn226-120.lpok.dnainternet.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchzul: quite02:01
lophytehey ajmitch, how's the build going?02:01
=== zul clears his throat
lophytelet me know when its done.. I'm looking forward to doing some work02:05
=== seth [n=seth@ubuntu/member/sethkinast] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== awbassett [n=andrew@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== sevrin [n=sevrin@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Fujitsu [n=Fujitsu@ubuntu/member/fujitsu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchhi Fujitsu02:25
=== zul found out that his passport has expired
=== micahcowan [n=micahcow@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has joined #ubuntu-motu
lophytehey LaserJock02:41
lophytehow's it going?02:41
LaserJockfine thanks02:41
LaserJockdoing my daily dist-upgrade on my laptop02:42
=== ajmitch checks to see how many packages have built
LaserJockhow big is the unmet deps list?02:43
ajmitch178 source packages02:43
LaserJockthat's more than I expected02:43
ajmitchI'm doing a rebuild of the lot02:43
ajmitchsome of those have been uninstallable for a long time02:44
LaserJockok, so I have a question02:44
ajmitchok, so ask :)02:44
lophytea couple of us are joining forces to work on the unmet deps02:44
LaserJockapparently we ship the latest crack for gnumeric02:45
LaserJockwhich requires the latest crack for goffice02:45
LaserJockbut I have another app that depends on goffice02:45
LaserJockbut on the stable version02:45
LaserJockhow hard would it be to have both versions of goffice02:45
LaserJockand perhaps more importantly, goffice is a Main package, could I get this new stable version into Universe?02:46
ajmitchLaserJock: hard02:47
minghuagoffice ships libgoffice-1-common02:48
LaserJockfor edgy it's libgoffice-0-common02:48
minghuaso that's definitely not trivial02:48
LaserJockI want libgoffice-1-common02:48
minghuathat's strange version numbering02:49
LaserJocklibgoffice-1-* comes from goffice 0.202:49
LaserJocklibgoffice-0-* comes from goffice 0.302:49
LaserJockI have no idea what that is02:49
minghuaI bet libgoffice-0-common conflicts with libgoffice-1-common02:49
LaserJockthey coexist just fine02:50
minghuathen maybe it's easy02:50
minghuaanyway, I am not distracting you guys any more02:50
LaserJockyou're not distracting02:50
minghualet you guys with an edgy install to sort this out :-)02:50
LaserJockI just want to be able to have goffice 0.2 and 0.3 at the same time ;-)02:51
minghuaokay, so, where does libgoffice-0-common install those png icons?02:52
minghuamy libgoffice-1-common on debian installs them in /usr/share/pixmaps/goffice/02:52
minghuavery nice02:53
minghualibgoffice-1-common in debian also ship the locale files02:54
minghua(I know ubuntu does it differently)02:54
minghuathey are goffice.mo in debian02:54
minghuahopefully -0-common in edgy ships/pulls in goffice-0.3.0.mo?02:55
minghuabut then again, broken .mo files are not critical, you just get english strings instead02:55
FujitsuLaserJock: Not going to give up on gnome-chemistry-utils, ey?02:55
LaserJockmy gnome panels are weirded out03:07
LaserJockthat's better03:08
LaserJockminghua: there is supposed to be a .mo file in the .deb?03:09
bddebianLaserJock: Solve all of our problems while you were away? :-)03:09
minghuaLaserJock: there are no .mo files supposed to be in a _Ubuntu_ .deb03:10
minghuaLaserJock: nevertheless there is some black magic to put those .mo files back when you installs a language pack03:10
LaserJockbddebian: yes, I managed to solve all problems in the universe in a couple hours03:12
LaserJockI went home with my wife and ordered pizza ;-)03:13
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@94.8.100-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mayday_jay [n=metal_ja@maydayjay.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockminghua: ah, I found the .mo files03:14
LaserJockjust plain goffice.mo03:15
minghuaLaserJock: so if you package -1-common from 0.2.x, you can't ship .mo files (due to the namespace clash), and you end up using the translations for 0.3.x in you 0.2.x-linked apps03:17
bddebianLaserJock: Sweet, good man! :-)03:17
minghuaLaserJock: but that's okay, not a big deal03:17
ajmitchbddebian: that's your job03:18
LaserJockhow would I not ship the .mo files03:18
bddebianajmitch: What's my job?  I'm a nobody remember :)03:18
minghuaLaserJock: there is usually a ubuntu specific change in debian/rules that strip all .mo files out, and put them in lang-packs03:19
bddebianWhy the hell wouldn't/doesn't tor show up on any merge lists?03:19
=== bluefoxicy [n=bluefox@c-68-33-112-13.hsd1.md.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianOh, it was a straight syn previously03:19
bddebianErr sync even03:19
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockminghua: so do you think this might work to have 2 goffice packages?03:23
LaserJockit seems silly to have to do it03:24
zulmaybe you might have to conflict them03:24
=== cr3 [n=marc@pdpc/supporter/bronze/cr3] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockI don't think I'll need to03:24
LaserJockbut my concern was more with the idea of it03:24
minghuaLaserJock: yes, I do think it may work, but I also think it's silly03:25
LaserJocktaking the same app, just a different version, and giving it a new source package and taking it from Main to Universe03:25
LaserJockthe other option is to port the apps to the unstable version of goffice03:26
LaserJockbut I don't like that much either03:26
ajmitchespecially as it's in main03:26
minghuaI have a maybe sillier idea03:29
LaserJockI really want to get these packages into Ubuntu03:29
minghuaship a private copy of goffice 0.2.x03:29
ajmitchbuilt 36 packages from the unmet deps list successfully so far..03:29
minghuaajmitch: is scim-uim on that list?03:29
=== ajmitch will check them all to see which can just be uploaded to fix the problems
bddebianajmitch: You ROCK honey :)03:29
ajmitchminghua: it's going in alphabetical order, so not yet :)03:30
=== minghua needs to take care of scim-uim FTBFS in Debian
minghuaajmitch: I see :-)03:30
minghuascim-uim should just need a rebuild, but I need to confirm with libuim's maintainer03:30
LaserJockminghua: you mean in the package that needs the stable goffice?03:30
minghuaLaserJock: yes03:30
minghua(and maybe static linking, too)03:31
minghuawhich will be frowned upon by security team :-)03:32
LaserJockyucky yucky :-)03:33
LaserJockwell, gotta go fellas03:34
FujitsuSee you later, LaserJock.03:35
=== crimsun [n=crimsun@pdpc/supporter/silver/crimsun] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-27-2.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-27-2.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== hub [n=hub@toronto-hs-216-138-231-194.s-ip.magma.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchsomeone buy me a faster computer :)04:05
crimsunyou're the one with an amd64 ;p04:05
ajmitchgcc-4.1 happened to be on the unmet deps list04:06
ajmitchso it's currently being rebuilt on my box04:06
ajmitchprobably some universe package04:06
ajmitchor that I had some stray packages lying around04:07
ajmitchlibssp0 looks to be the culprit04:08
ajmitchstill building gcc..04:15
bddebianAbout the only thing worse than gcc is glibc :)04:15
Toadstoolhey everybody04:15
bddebianHeya Toadstool04:15
ajmitchbddebian: wrong04:16
ajmitchyou forget mozilla code & OOo04:16
Toadstoolopenoffice ?04:16
bddebianajmitch: Well I never touch those ;-)04:16
bddebian'course maxima takes freakin forever too :-(04:16
Toadstoolhmm... I prepared an updated trac package for dapper with some security fixes but I don't know if the package is ok for -updates or -security...04:19
ajmitchask on the security review list04:19
ajmitchmore users would get it that way04:19
crimsunToadstool: did you coordinate w/ jdub? He was working on one for -security.04:20
Toadstoolnope, I did not coordinate with him04:21
=== Toadstool feels stupid
=== theCore [n=alex@modemcable106.200-70-69.mc.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== shawarma [n=sh@vega.linux2go.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ubotu [n=ubotu@ubuntu/bot/ubotu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ajmitch [n=ajmitch@ubuntu/member/ajmitch] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Ubugtu [n=bugbot@ubuntu/bot/ubugtu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Toadstool [n=jcorbier@ubuntu/member/toadstool] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Riddell [i=jr@kde/jriddell] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== grimace [n=grimace@rolf.yuss.org] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fdoving [n=frode@ubuntu/member/frode] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zakame [n=zakame@ubuntu/member/zakame] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== \sh_away [n=shermann@server3.servereyes.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Kaloz [i=kaloz@openwrt/developer/Kaloz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
lophyteajmitch: still working on that build?04:40
imbrandonmoins all04:41
Toadstoolhey imbrandon04:42
imbrandonheya Toadstool04:42
bddebianHeya imbrandon04:42
imbrandonello bddebian04:42
=== awbassett [n=andrew@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== AstralJava [n=jaska@cm-062-241-239-3.lohjanpuhelin.fi] has left #ubuntu-motu []
zakamehi all04:47
bddebianHeya zakame04:47
Toadstoolhey zakame04:48
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-motu
zakameyo bddebian Toadstool04:50
zakameand ogra too :04:50
ajmitchhi zakame04:50
zakameand ajmitch too too :D04:50
zakameerm wtf bug 6389004:51
UbugtuMalone bug 63890 in Ubuntu "Ubuntu has nearly the same logo as the Microsoft Alumni Network" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6389004:51
ajmitchdaniel robbins? interesting04:52
zakamewho's he?04:53
imbrandonis kinda funny its even close to the same colors04:53
ajmitchgentoo founder, went to work for MS04:53
zakameoh, that guy!04:54
ajmitchI'm presuming it's the same guy04:54
ajmitchyeah, he has it on his blog :)04:55
Toadstoolwhat the f...04:56
imbrandonhahah you read the thing at the bottom of the blogpost04:58
zakamemy interpretation of thatlogo from ms is that its distinct from ours04:58
imbrandonex-ms peeps makin a foss os04:58
imbrandonzakame, i dunno, they are real close, mean the same thing and use similar colors04:59
imbrandone.g. they are both cartoon block circle of friends in orange04:59
zakameimbrandon: hmm, could be, too, a la intel's log, old and new04:59
=== jrib [n=jasonr@c-71-232-45-169.hsd1.ma.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== elkbuntu [n=melissa@ubuntu/member/elkbuntu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
zakameyo elkbuntu05:02
imbrandonheya elkbuntu05:02
nixternaltalk about retardation..i can't ping anything...my router says my gateway is,  i can't surf the intarweb...but IRC works05:04
=== No1Viking [n=micke@h-83-140-104-74.ip.rixbredband.se] has joined #ubuntu-motu
imbrandondns issues ?05:04
nixternali cna't even ping ip05:04
nixternaloh wait..i can ping ip05:04
nixternalon my subnet05:05
nixternalgimme an ip to try05:05
Toadstoolnixternal: or 2001:200:0:8000::42 ?05:07
=== Toadstool runs
nixternalyou better run faster that that05:07
nixternaleven game me ipv605:07
nixternalim in the US...our government is to stupid to realise how important ipv6 is05:08
Lathiatwoo ipv605:08
Toadstoolnixternal: try google ->
nixternalnot looking good05:09
nixternali am straight dead-locked with IPs right now...all of them are floating 25505:10
nixternalyou can't ping 255 from linux05:10
=== rmjb [n=richard@cuscon19281.tstt.net.tt] has joined #ubuntu-motu
nixternalwow...no jabber, icq, msn, yahoo, google/gmail, email, web browsing, svn, nothing...but IRC still works05:11
nixternalso all i can do is IRC..this is a first05:11
zakameprobably homeland security deems IRC as a safe communications channel :P05:12
Toadstoolnixternal: by the way, you can ping brodcast addresses with linux with ping -b05:12
Toadstoolbroadcast even05:13
nixternalstill tells me it is an Invalid argument05:13
Toadstoolyou're sure that you're talking about your gateway address and not your netmask?05:13
nixternalkweather just died05:13
nixternalno good05:14
nixternalcan't ping anything starting with 240+05:14
Toadstoolblah, multicast addresses05:15
Toadstoolwhy would you want to ping multicast IPs?05:15
nixternalcuz comcast uses them for gateway ip's aparently05:15
nixternalok..i should be back now05:16
nixternalthat was odd05:16
nixternali just reset my cable modem and router and never lost IRC connection...that i will never understand05:16
Toadstoolwell, not that weird, there are timeouts05:17
rmjbHi, how can I confirm my key went to the keyserver? When I use Seahorse I get an error, when I use the command line it returned right away saying "sending..."05:19
ToadstoolLathiat: yay ipv6! when I was in France, I set up a tunnel for my parents' home network and another one for my own server in Paris... the connection was so laggy 'cause of the tunnels that I gave using v6 for SSH/Mails/whatever :/05:20
Toadstool*gave up05:20
Lathiatthe trick is05:21
Lathiatto tunnel to somewhere close05:21
ajmitchlike australia :)05:21
Lathiatlike i tunnel within australia05:21
Lathiatto the only tunnel broker *in* australia ;p05:21
ajmitchLathiat: you have native ipv6 or use a broker like aarnet?05:21
Lathiati use aarnet here05:21
=== ajmitch also
Lathiatno one offers native connectivity05:21
Lathiati tried to find some05:21
Lathiatthe only people who actually have a network05:21
ajmitchI thought some were planning to05:21
Lathiatis Asianetcom05:21
Lathiatand they still are tunneling05:22
Lathiatcant get native05:22
ajmitchI know it was talked about in NZ as well05:22
Lathiatbut if you construct sane tunnels05:22
Lathiatits less shit05:22
=== mayday_jay [n=jason@maydayjay.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchmarginally so05:23
Toadstoolmy parents' ISP is considering setting up a native IPv6 service... hope it will be up-and-running when I come back in France :p05:24
=== minghua [n=minghua@ppp-70-246-16-28.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
rmjbso... if I forget my key's passphrase... what can I do?05:27
ajmitchthrow it away & generate a new key05:28
rmjbdo I need to revoke it first?05:28
ajmitchif you have a revocation certificate05:29
=== theCore [n=alex@modemcable106.200-70-69.mc.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
rmjbokay, dunno what that is, guess I can just delete the thing and start over05:30
=== theCore_ [n=alex@modemcable106.200-70-69.mc.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== JanC [n=janc@lugwv/member/JanC] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== theCore [n=alex@modemcable106.200-70-69.mc.videotron.ca] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Leaving"]
imbrandonmy webhost just upped my space and badwidth for free05:49
imbrandonfrom 20GB and 2TB bandwidth, to 200GB to 4TB a month05:49
imbrandonfor the SAME price05:49
zakameimbrandon: w00t!05:50
rmjbthis seems like your week imbrandon05:50
ajmitchimbrandon: they can oversell pretty cheaply :)05:50
rmjbsaw your hard drive blog post05:50
imbrandonrmjb, heh yea05:50
imbrandonajmitch, yea05:50
=== joejaxx_ [i=jadaz87@outbound.silenceisdefeat.org] has joined #ubuntu-motu
nixternalahh the good ol' msa logo making its rounds again i see06:00
=== tuxmaniac [n=aanjhan@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
imbrandonhum ajmitch got half a sec to verify something is _my_ problem and not something in the repos06:32
imbrandonor anyone running ubuntu NOT with kubuntu-desktop currently installed06:33
ajmitchimbrandon: hm?06:35
imbrandontry to install kubuntu-desktop06:36
imbrandonyou dont have to actualy install it06:36
ajmitchand what of it?06:36
imbrandonif its like me you get a slew of unmet deps06:36
ajmitchwhat unmet deps did you get?06:37
imbrandonone sec06:37
imbrandonyea considering i have only official sources.list06:38
ajmitchand when you try & install a package on that list, like adept?06:38
imbrandonhavent tried yet, doing that now06:39
ajmitchdig until you find the real issue06:39
imbrandonahh yea i think i found it06:40
imbrandonThe following packages have unmet dependencies:06:41
imbrandon  kdelibs4c2a: Depends: kdelibs-data (< 4:3.5.5) but 4:3.5.5-0ubuntu1 is to be installed06:41
imbrandonE: Broken packages06:41
ajmitchcheck with apt-cache madison06:42
imbrandonhum ok06:45
imbrandonwell here is the deal it seems, Riddell had a 3.5.5 repo ( but not ppc packages ) and i HAD that in my sources.list06:46
Hobbseeyeah, well...06:46
imbrandonbut i removed it and its still looking for
imbrandon( yes i apt-get update )06:46
ajmitchwell you've done it now :)06:46
Hobbseeit all works on i386..06:46
ajmitchtime to give up & use gnome06:46
=== JanC [n=janc@lugwv/member/JanC] has joined #ubuntu-motu
minghuaimbrandon: sounds like you have a local kdelibs-data from Riddell's repo06:46
imbrandonminghua, cant , there isnt ppc packages afaik06:47
=== imbrandon checks
imbrandonajmitch, hhahaha06:47
minghuakdelibs-data should be arch:all, no?06:47
imbrandonminghua, ahhh true06:47
=== minghua agrees with ajmitch, time for GNOME :-)
imbrandonshiznit yea thats probably it06:47
imbrandonheh i've been on gnome the last few days06:47
imbrandontime to go back home06:48
imbrandon( as in to kde )06:48
ajmitchit's a sign that it's not your home06:48
imbrandonyup that be it06:49
imbrandonbrandon@intrepid:~$ dpkg -l|grep kde|grep 3.5.506:49
imbrandonii  kdelibs-data                               3.5.5-0ubuntu1                       core shared data for all KDE applications06:49
imbrandontime to fix06:49
imbrandonyay working now, thanks minghua dident thing about arch_all06:52
Toadstoolimbrandon: try xfce ;)06:52
minghuaimbrandon: glad to help06:52
minghuaif you've run non-i386 debian unstable before, that's a very familiar scenario06:53
=== slomo [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== FliesLikeABrick [n=Ryan@about/rpi/rawdor] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianGnight folks07:19
imbrandongnight bddebian07:19
=== reggaemanu [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-117-254.w86-210.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jazzypus [i=5663@tryll.uio.no] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hobbsee [n=user@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== reggaemanu [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-117-254.w86-210.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== imbrandon [n=imbrando@ubuntu/member/pdpc.active.imbrandon] has joined #ubuntu-motu
imbrandonahhh back on kde /me dances07:38
StevenKimbrandon: Shouldn't that be a reason to mourn? :-P07:40
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hobbsee smacks StevenK
Hobbseeof course not.07:41
ajmitchunfortunate people07:42
ajmitchStevenK: how much floor space will you have at your place during LCA? :)07:42
=== cbx33 [n=pete@ubuntu/member/cbx33] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchexcept for the little issue of it being miles from anywhere07:43
imbrandonLCA ?07:43
StevenKajmitch: If you want to stay with at my place, I'm sure it can be arranged.07:43
StevenKs/with //07:43
ajmitchStevenK: you going to LCA?07:43
StevenKI'm still unsure at this point.07:43
ajmitchI'm trying to draw up a budget for the next few months, to see what I can afford :)07:44
StevenK"Let's see now, two weeks of toilet paper and water ...."07:44
imbrandonand broadband .....07:45
StevenKajmitch: If you're serious, I'll talk to my wife about it.07:45
ajmitchimbrandon: broadband comes first :)07:45
ajmitchStevenK: I'll see how much the campus accomodation will cost, it's usually not too much07:46
StevenKajmitch: I will of course require three references and six weeks bond. :-P07:46
StevenKajmitch: *nod*07:46
StevenKLast LCA I went to, the office paid for everything.07:47
ajmitchdoes Hobbsee count as a reference?07:47
StevenKWith this one being in Sydney, I think everyone will want to go.07:47
StevenKajmitch: Hah. No. :-P07:47
ajmitchoh well07:48
=== MagnusR [n=magru@c83-250-59-127.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== StevenK wonders when registration closes.
TheMusoIs registration even open yet?07:48
ajmitchnot open yet, probably closes about the day the conference starts07:48
TheMusoDidn't think so.07:48
=== StevenK nods.
Hobbseei'm definetly not a reference07:49
ajmitchjdub will know07:49
imbrandonheya TheMuso07:49
TheMusoHey imbrandon.07:49
TheMusoHow goes it?07:49
StevenKajmitch: Just wanting to ask people around here who wants to go, etc.07:49
imbrandongood good07:49
=== Lilandra [n=lilandra@241-10.greendottt.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKTheMuso: I note that Bart's Gnome seems to be behaving very badly.07:50
ajmitchfair enough07:50
StevenKTheMuso: Have you seen any problems?07:50
TheMusoStevenK: How so?07:50
StevenKThe panel keeps crashing.07:50
TheMusoooo right07:50
TheMusoLet me get latest updates and I'll have a look.07:51
StevenKTheMuso: Thanks.07:51
=== Lilandra [n=lilandra@241-10.greendottt.net] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Leaving"]
StevenKTheMuso: I should tell Bart he owes you about 3 beers. :-P07:51
TheMusoI don't think so. I have hardly done anything.07:51
StevenKTheMuso: You've continued to listen to my whinging about Bart's problems, that's at least one beer. :-)07:52
cbx33TheMuso, hey07:56
cbx33it's installed07:56
TheMusoHey cbx3307:56
cbx33and works07:56
cbx33I have a little problem07:56
cbx33I don;t seem to be able to adjust the input volumes?07:56
cbx33even with envy24control07:56
cbx33is that right?07:56
cbx33all the sliders are there but they do nothing07:57
TheMusoAre you sending audio through any of the inputs?07:57
cbx33a stereo using In3 and In407:58
TheMusoIs the signal showing up in the metres?07:58
cbx33but very quietly07:58
TheMusoWhat is the source?07:58
cbx33a Korg X5D07:58
cbx33which has been turned up to max07:58
TheMusoI'll just bring it up here so I know what to guide you through.07:59
cbx33i get the bottom 3 "LED" lights lighting up07:59
TheMusoOk, for HW/3, move the left slider right to the top, and depress the left mute button.08:00
cbx33but the sliders on the left and right (not sure why I have 2 for a mono channel) do nothing08:00
TheMusoThese sliders allow you to route any input to either the left or right channel, or even both if you want to.08:00
cbx33oooh.... something comes throgh on digital mixer now08:00
TheMusoSo to get a stereo sound, we unmute and turn up the left of HW/3 and the right of HW/4.08:00
cbx33but it is still really quiet08:00
TheMusoWe'll get to that.08:01
cbx33that's cool08:01
TheMusoOnce you have done that to the left and right of 3 and 4 respectively, you want to go to the analog volume tab.08:01
cbx33I wondered if that's where it was set08:02
TheMusoFind ADC 3/4, and turn them up.08:02
cbx33they were at 008:03
cbx33but I was still getting sound08:03
=== Hobbsee_ [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoYeah. They adjust the gain08:03
TheMusoYou should see greater signal in the digital mixer.08:03
cbx33yes greater08:03
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i577B2645.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
cbx33ok that's cool08:03
TheMusoFinally, to hear the sound, you want to go to the patchbay tab.08:03
cbx33i mean there levels getting through to ardour were respectable08:03
cbx33TheMuso, yeh I have figured that part out08:04
TheMusoSO you can now hear the sound?08:04
dholbachgood morning - HAPPY HUG DAY!08:04
cbx33once patched I assume I can still use the channels indepedantly in JACK/Ardour too08:04
TheMusoBut this is all so you can hear it if you want.08:04
=== cbx33 hugs dholbach
cbx33TheMuso, exellent08:04
cbx33the level still doesn't peak the meter08:04
cbx33but then I suppose that's a good thing08:05
=== dholbach hugs cbx33 back
TheMusocbx33: But when using Jack/Ardour, I suggest you set the patchbay for 1/2 back to PCM in, and use Jack/Ardour to monitor the input signal08:05
cbx33TheMuso, cool08:05
cbx33the siganl to noise  ratio os outstanding08:06
cbx33I recorded a section at 40% volume08:06
cbx33normalised it and there was still no noise08:06
cbx33I was very very impressed08:06
TheMusoIt is a very nice card.08:06
cbx33on my old card I could hear hiss when moniroting a channel, if I had several in ardour I would get very loud hiss08:06
cbx33yeh it is08:06
cbx33right I'm off to make breakfast08:06
TheMusoAnother thing that can help that little bit more, is to put the card in the bottom most PCI slot to minimize machine noise.08:07
cbx33ahhh good plan08:07
TheMusoAnd if your BIOS allows it, set the IRQ for the bottom slot to something like an IRQ of 9 or 10.08:07
TheMusoThese IRQs have a high priority.08:07
TheMusoYou won't notice it, but it will allow the card to perhaps perform that little bit better.08:08
cbx33thanks TheMuso08:08
TheMusoStevenK: Ok, I'm going to have a look at Orca. Just fetched latest updates that the .au mirror I use can provide.08:10
StevenKTheMuso: Right, okay.08:10
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dholbach looks at UVF exceptions
TheMusoStevenK: No problems so far.08:20
StevenKTheMuso: Typical. :-P08:21
TheMusoI am only using Braille, but that shouldn't make a difference.08:21
StevenKIt still use the accessibility stuff.08:21
TheMusoYeah I know.08:21
StevenKI just wish I knew why Bart's install behaves so badly.08:21
TheMusoAnd I only nuked my orca configs, I haven't nuked my gconf configus.08:21
TheMusoWell it seems that something has fixed up that weird behavior with Braille in gnome-terminal.08:23
TheMusoTHis is absolutely rockin atm.08:23
=== StevenK wonders if this means TheMuso is switching to X from VCs.
TheMusoStevenK: Not quite yet, although I am close.08:23
=== TheMuso will probably spend most of his time in a terminal anyway. :p
StevenKTheMuso: I do most of my work in a terminal. :-)08:24
StevenKTerminal, XEmacs, and Firefox08:24
TheMusoThat last one is the biggest problem with GNOME accessibility atm. Firefox is the big killer08:24
=== StevenK nods.
TheMusoRhythmbox with Braille absolutely R O C K S!!!08:25
StevenKI wish Rhythmbox didn't suck.08:26
TheMusoIt doesn't.08:26
TheMusohmm found another little problem however.08:26
StevenKIf it sorted albums sanely, and supported album covers, I'd use it.08:26
TheMusoTotally unrelated to what Bart is experiencing08:26
TheMusoWhat don't you like about its album sorting?08:27
TheMusoAnd for the record, I don't give a flying *** about album covers.08:27
StevenKTheMuso: I figured you wouldn't. :-)08:27
StevenKTheMuso: Hum. It's been a while since I looked.08:27
TheMusoWell for blind people, I think it will be fine.08:28
TheMusoThe only problem is speech/music competing for the audio device. :p08:28
TheMusoSOmething which I am lucky enough to get around.08:28
StevenKTheMuso: Hardware synth?08:29
TheMusoStevenK: No, Braille.08:29
ajmitchmorning dholbach08:29
TheMusoAlthough hardware synth is a possibility.08:29
TheMusoEven then, trying to listen to speech while music is playing, can be somewhat challenging sometimes, especially if you like the currently playing track.08:30
TheMusohmmm. I can't seem to tab into the table displaying the music library.08:30
StevenKTheMuso: How Bart can talk on the phone and type an e-mail, I'll never know.08:30
dholbachheya ajmitch08:31
ajmitchdholbach: just about done a test rebuild run of unmet deps08:31
TheMusoHmm. I got there somehow.08:31
TheMusoWIll have to work that one out.08:31
TheMusoStevenK: I am kinda the same.08:32
dholbachajmitch: nice - good work on that08:32
ajmitchdholbach: was mostly just refreshing the script I used last time & letting pbuilder do its magic :)08:32
dholbachhehe :)08:32
ajmitchthe hard part is checking what's installable now after (just) a rebuild08:32
ajmitch& I'll throw the results up so people can fix the broken stuff08:33
dholbachthanks a lot!08:33
StevenKs/people/Fujitsu and crimsun/08:33
ajmitchso true..08:35
Hobbseeajmitch: evertyhing that only uses automake >1.60 will fail08:35
Hobbseewhich is a lot of kde stuff08:35
TheMusoOk, looks like a slight rhythmbox bug.08:36
TheMusoI can get to the music library, but only if I use the shortcut to get to one of the column titles.08:36
TheMusoI can't just tab in there.08:36
ajmitchHobbsee: you mean autoconf > 2.60?08:37
Hobbseeajmitch: perhaps08:38
Hobbseeit's the one we have to keep patching, anyway08:38
minghuaTheMuso: yeah, I noticed that yesterday too08:38
minghuarhythmbox's tab behavior is very strange (to me)08:39
TheMusoIt certainly is.08:39
ajmitchwell I have 129 build logs so far08:41
ajmitchfor an afternoon of compiling08:41
ajmitchfound a few simple things to fix08:42
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
imbrandonajmitch, nice08:47
imbrandonyou recompiling all unmet dep packages ?08:48
imbrandonnice little script heh08:48
minghuagreat, we have foreign language bug reports now08:48
ajmitchimbrandon: sure08:48
minghuabug #6390408:48
UbugtuMalone bug 63904 in spim "xspim se queda congelado" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6390408:48
imbrandonOMG i'm gonna KILL jdong08:48
ajmitchimbrandon: the script can also run dch -i over a list & rebuild them with a changelog entry I specify :)08:48
ajmitchimbrandon: what now?08:48
=== minghua wonders if that's because LP has a foreign language interface now
imbrandonyou see his mail to -backports?08:49
ajmitchno, I don't read backports08:49
=== JanC [n=janc@lugwv/member/JanC] has joined #ubuntu-motu
minghuaimbrandon: which one?08:49
imbrandongah hopefully most others dont either08:49
=== ajmitch looks for archives
imbrandonone sec lemme grab an archive link08:49
ajmitchfound gmane08:49
ajmitchoh, prevu08:49
ajmitchmajor crack08:49
imbrandonbad crack08:50
=== imbrandon can see the bug reports now
minghuaoh that one08:50
=== ajmitch could do the same in a few minutes with the scripts he has
=== dholbach_ [n=daniel@i577B2645.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchyes, a very not-amused devel team08:50
imbrandonyea but you wouldent give it to the general public with instructions to backport their own crack08:50
ajmitchI don't even hand out my broken scripts to other MOTUs08:51
ajmitchpartly because noone asks :)08:51
imbrandoni as actualy just about to ask you if i could peek at it08:51
imbrandonexpect script ?08:51
ajmitchwhy would I use expect?08:52
Hobbseescary crack08:52
=== Hobbsee stops trusting the backports
imbrandonno idea, just a guesss08:52
StevenKajmitch: Hey, I gave you my broken scripts. :-)08:52
ajmitchStevenK: pah, I barely used them :)08:52
ajmitchungrateful sod, aren't I?08:52
=== minghua never trusted -backports since day one
StevenKYup. Typical New Zealander.08:52
=== ajmitch has to head out for a few hours
ajmitchback later08:53
minghuabye ajmitch08:53
imbrandonbackports isnt that bad, its the freakin crack persons with no reguard for procedures08:53
imbrandonl8tr ajmitch08:53
Hobbseeimbrandon: indeed.08:53
minghuabut jdong has been pretty aggressive about backporting since the beginning08:53
StevenKBut why? Backports are for chumps.08:54
imbrandonminghua, thats fine but he has no idea how things run 90+ % of the time08:54
minghua(I am not saying that's bad, it's just very different from debian's backports.org team's strategy, and definitely not to my taste)08:54
StevenKI personally avoid backports, except *if and only if* I've done them myself.08:54
imbrandonStevenK, yup thats me08:55
imbrandoni do my own if i need it08:55
=== StevenK nods.
minghuawhen I use backports, I expect it to be fully tested on a realistic environment.  otherwise I'll just run the devel branch08:55
StevenKMy Dapper machine has a newer Quod Libet. That's it.08:55
=== crimsun notes a newer mutagen [1.8] is out
minghuaalso I don't like ubuntu backport repo's "all or nothing" layout08:56
minghuabackports.org allow you to use backport for one or several packages only08:56
=== Hobbsee only uses the stable release in dire emergencies anyway.
=== Hobbsee has been considering axing dapper to make space for edgy+1
Hobbseemay as well wait though08:57
imbrandonminghua, yea thats how i do my repos ( and those of kubuntu.org Riddell makes ) each app has its own component OR there is an "all"08:57
minghuaimbrandon: yeah, IMO that's a much saner repo layout08:58
minghua<sarcasm> It would be nice if prevu adds revisions like ~NOT~SUPPORTED~1 </sarcasm>08:59
imbrandonit does ~6.06prevu1 == ~UNSUPPORTED09:00
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-motu
minghuaimbrandon: I know, I am just suggesting to make it obvious so that users report fewer bugs against their own backported packages09:01
imbrandonyea i'm gonna make a script to go along with it that mass rejects any bugs with the word "prevu" in it09:02
imbrandonomg i cannot beleave jdong did that09:02
minghua(it would be nice if LP asks about version number as an optional field in the bug submission form, too)09:02
minghuapoor prevu will never gets bug for itself :-(09:03
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #ubuntu-motu
minghuaAs you might know that we are working to translate Debian-installer in urdu for DEBIAN UBUNTU 5.10 (Breezy).09:18
minghuaWhy? WHY?09:18
=== elkbuntu [n=melissa@ubuntu/member/elkbuntu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== vud1 [n=vud1@unaffilitated/vud1] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Burgundaviaminghua: because they can09:32
=== vud1 [n=vud1@unaffilitated/vud1] has left #ubuntu-motu ["chapo]
=== Gloubiboulga [n=gauvain@ubuntu/member/gloubiboulga] has joined #ubuntu-motu
imbrandonheya Burgundavia09:37
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-75-185.w86-205.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
minghuaBurgundavia: yes indeed :-(09:39
Burgundaviahey imbrandon09:42
=== Fujitsu [n=Fujitsu@ubuntu/member/fujitsu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
FujitsuHi sivang.10:04
sivanghey Fujitsu10:06
imbrandonheya Fujitsu and sivang10:09
FujitsuHi imbrandon!10:09
sivanghey imbrandon10:10
=== FunnyHat [n=funnyloo@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Lure_ [n=lure@clj46-234.dial-up.arnes.si] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@dsl-hkigw8-feaff900-158.dhcp.inet.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jinty [n=jinty@135.Red-80-37-34.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== xerxas_ [n=R67894@AGrenoble-257-1-2-68.w86-193.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tuxmaniac [n=aanjhan@unaffiliated/tuxmaniac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-75-185.w86-205.abo.wanadoo.fr] has left #ubuntu-motu []
minghuaFujitsu: if a user use a foreign language to report a bug, I seriously doubt he/she can understand what you are asking...11:06
minghuaFujitsu: but I applause for your trying11:06
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-75-185.w86-205.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== spacey [n=herman@ubuntu/member/spacey] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Fujitsuminghua, that's a good point... But if he/she can use Launchpad, there's at least some English interpretation going on.11:25
minghuaFujitsu: I was actually wondering about that11:26
FujitsuLP is only available in English at the moment, of course.11:27
=== TMM [n=hp@ip5650d1ab.direct-adsl.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
minghuaokay, then, I was thinking if LP interface is translated11:27
spaceyany knows if "Chuck Short" is on irc? (guy who blogged about xen on planet ubuntu)11:44
imbrandonspacey, yea his name is zul on IRC11:44
imbrandonnow if he is awake right now is diffrent ;)11:44
spaceyany idea about his timezone?11:45
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-75-185.w86-205.abo.wanadoo.fr] has left #ubuntu-motu []
imbrandonits about 230am for him iirc ( east canadia i think )11:46
imbrandonspacey, something we can help with ?11:46
spaceywe are testing xen in edgy11:46
crimsunhe should be awake in 5-6 hrs11:47
imbrandonheya crimsun11:47
spaceyi'll check back later,  thanks, at least i know who to ping now:)11:48
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-75-185.w86-205.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== reggaemanu_ [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-175-231.w86-214.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== xerxas_ [n=R67894@AGrenoble-257-1-2-68.w86-193.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== twilight [n=twilight@ubuntu/member/twilight] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== MagnusR [n=magru@c83-250-59-127.bredband.comhem.se] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== Tonio__ [n=tonio@94.8.100-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tortoise_ [n=tortoise@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Q-FUNKanybody interested in co-maintaining Planner?12:27
FujitsuIs the current maintainer orphaning it?12:30
=== givr1 [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-17-251.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Q-FUNKI _did_ say CO-maintain12:38
FujitsuHas he asked for a co-maintainer?12:38
Q-FUNKYup, I did.12:38
imbrandonQ-FUNK, in debian ?12:44
imbrandonyou kinda need a DD for that to be really usefull imho12:45
imbrandonand in ubuntu all packages are co-maintained by everyone ;)12:45
Q-FUNKimbrandon: planner simply gets sync'ed nowadays12:51
imbrandonahh then whats the problem ?12:51
=== imbrandon isnt understanding
FujitsuNeither am I, imbrandon \.12:52
Q-FUNKjust that I have less time nowadays to package new upstream releases, now that they are active again, and that http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=353213 happens12:52
UbugtuGnome bug 353213 in General "planner does not compile with libgda 1.3.91" [Blocker,Resolved: fixed] 12:52
imbrandonahh so you want a co-maintiner in Debian12:53
imbrandoncorrect ?12:53
Q-FUNKit could just as well be someone from ubuntu.  I'm not that compartimented in my view of the universe. :)12:54
imbrandonright right, i was just wondering , making sure you dident misunderstand the diffrence in ubuntu "maintainership"12:54
FujitsuGah, so you are in fact the maintainer in Debian...12:54
imbrandonheya ajmitch12:54
FujitsuI happen to have an outdated local Edgy mirror in my sources.list, so it put that record last, which showed somebody else as the maintainer.12:54
=== Seveas [n=seveas@ubuntu/member/seveas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchQ-FUNK: planner is a gnome app, no?12:55
Q-FUNKFujitsu: riht, because packages thta ubuntu decides to put in main end up with ubuntu as the maintainer12:55
FujitsuQ-FUNK, noted, I see you're in the Original-Maintainer field of the new version.12:55
Q-FUNKajmitch: yes indeed12:56
ajmitchQ-FUNK: tempting..12:56
ajmitchexcept that I probably won't use it much :)12:56
Q-FUNKactually, to whom should I ask that automated maintainer change to not be applied?12:56
ajmitchinfinity, I think12:56
imbrandonQ-FUNK, you do realize it dont mean much in ubuntu correct ?12:57
FujitsuI might ask him to un-munge my one package as well :P12:57
=== ajmitch doesn't particularly care either way for his packages
imbrandonme either, i still get the bugmail12:57
=== ajmitch is tired
imbrandonthats all that matters to me12:58
imbrandonyea its about time for a nap here too12:58
Q-FUNKimbrandon: it means even less if a few ubuntero co-maintain this with me.  then we can get 99% of the patches merged directly into debian. :)12:58
ajmitchQ-FUNK: you just need to lighten the load on yourself?12:59
imbrandon;) Q-FUNK well i would if i used gnome12:59
imbrandonbut i dont use gnome enough to be helpfull12:59
=== reggaemanu__ [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-175-231.w86-214.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
FujitsuI've used it once or twice...01:00
FujitsuIt looks nice.01:00
=== cr3 [n=marc@pdpc/supporter/bronze/cr3] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== givr1 [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-17-251.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== kallewoof [n=zwoc@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachajmitch: can you mark bugs where you approve as the second uvf reviewer as 'confirmed' and assign to whoever filed the bug?01:29
dholbachajmitch: and thanks for the reviews01:29
ajmitchdholbach: sure, I wasn't sure if you wanted another followup since I'm not meant to be filling in yet :)01:29
dholbachthat's cool01:30
ajmitchwe still have some that get subscribed rather than assigned01:31
lophytemorning all01:31
ajmitchah, I see you looked at bug 6384201:31
UbugtuMalone bug 63842 in x264 "UVF Exception Request: x264 to svn20060928 from marillat" [Undecided,Confirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6384201:31
dholbachi personally like 'assigned' better01:31
ajmitchit works better in this case01:31
dholbachbecause my mail client can filter X-Launchpad-Bugs then01:31
=== ajmitch likes that
=== ajmitch hugs mutt
lophytehey dholbach01:32
dholbachhey lophyte01:32
lophytesorry my involvement has been kinda flaky over the last week or so.. things got busy in r/l :)01:32
ajmitchthat's expected with volunteers :)01:33
lophytebut I'm back, so.. hehe01:33
dholbachROCK :)01:33
=== dholbach -> break
lophyteajmitch, did you get that broken deps list done?01:33
ajmitchlophyte: in a sense01:34
ajmitchI rebuilt everything on it01:34
ajmitchI need to get the tracker stuff up on tiber01:34
lophyteah, I thought you were going to work up a list of packages that weren't fixed with a rebuild01:35
ajmitchyes, but that requires a fair bit of manual checking which I'll do tomorrow :)01:36
ajmitchI could automate that further with pbuilder or piuparts01:36
ajmitch& will probably do so01:36
=== jaldhar [n=jaldhar@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchrebuilding nearly 180 source packages did take a few hours01:37
lophytehehe, I bet01:38
=== ajmitch only has an old, slow amd64 x2
lophyteoh yeah, that's old and slow :P01:38
ajmitchit's not a new socket AM2, of course it's old ;)01:39
lophyteold is this P2 233 I have next to me.01:39
ajmitchok, I'm going to go & sleep01:45
ajmitchI'll try & get a list of packages that need love tomorrow01:45
ajmitchsorry for the delay01:45
lophyteno worries :)01:47
FujitsuSee ya, ajmitch.01:47
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-17-251.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Bazzi [n=Bastian@p50803AC4.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Adri2000 [n=Adri2000@unaffiliated/adri2000] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== xopher [n=xopher@dyn226-120.lpok.dnainternet.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@host-213-189-171-21.brutele.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@94.8.100-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Kagou [n=Kagou@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
kallewoofI've been scrolling around looking at REVU (at tauware.de) for a while now, and I'm a little curious about something... Some packages have been there since e.g. april, but has no comments at all. Others are commented on within days. Is there some reasoning behind that (e.g. type of package) or is it simply that volunteers pick what seems fun?02:18
Hobbseekallewoof: usually people ask for reviews in here, or on the mailing list02:20
Hobbseehere mostly02:20
kallewoofOh! Gotcha. :) Anyone feel like reviewing the synchroedit-server and/or synchroedit-client submissions, then? *grins*02:21
=== jrib [n=jasonr@c-71-232-45-169.hsd1.ma.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== effraie [n=effraie@jem75-1-82-228-146-152.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
effraiehello all does somebody know the syntax to include a local rep as othermirror in .pbuilder?02:32
gnomefreakwhat would it take to get patches for Joe included in ubuntu for edgy im assuming (besides an act of god?02:34
azeemgnomefreak: that depends on the nature of the patches I guess02:34
Adri2000effraie: is it on a ftp or http or not?02:34
azeemif they fix crashers, no problem I'd say02:34
gnomefreakbug 6395202:34
UbugtuMalone bug 63952 in joe "bugfixes and feature improvements" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6395202:34
gnomefreakthats the request02:35
effraieAdri2000: it's a local rep02:35
effraiei know it's possible, i just don't remember the syntax02:35
Hobbseeeffraie: man pbuilder is usually a good place to check for such syntax?02:36
effraieHobbsee: your right...02:36
Adri2000yep, found in man pbuilder: "deb file:/usr/local/mirror ./"02:36
effraiebut, i hoped somebody memory will be more quick02:37
gnomefreakyep it fixed from what i see one segfault02:37
Adri2000a new (minor) release of xmoto has been released yesterday and is already in debian, do you think it has a chance to get in edgy?02:38
Hobbsee!info xmoto edgy02:39
ubotuxmoto: 2D motocross platform game. In component universe, is optional. Version 0.2.1-1 (edgy), package size 735 kB, installed size 1900 kB02:39
HobbseeAdri2000: not without a UVFe02:39
Adri2000I know, I will file a bug for a UVF is you think it has a change to be accepted :p02:40
gnomefreaki guess that would depend on the definition of minor?02:40
Adri2000I mean: 0.2.1 -> 0.2.202:41
HobbseeAdri2000: it's in debian unstable?02:42
HobbseeAdri2000: see if it builds and installs fine in edgy - the sid version02:42
=== kristog [n=ballio@energ63.energ.polimi.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseegnomefreak: a questoin - why arent they included upstream?02:45
gnomefreaki dont know im just looking at bugs and i ran across this one02:45
gnomefreakfigured ask about getting things in since we are low on time02:46
=== effraie again...
effraiei've got an error when --override-config : Failed to fetch file:/var/cache/pbuilder/result/./Packages.gz  File not found03:00
effraiebut, i used un update script tio create a packages file in my rep03:01
effraiecan somebody help me?03:01
Adri2000effraie: paste the line you put in the .pbuilderrc03:02
effraieOTHERMIRROR="deb file:/var/cache/pbuilder/result ./"03:02
Adri2000try OTHERMIRROR="deb file:/var/cache/pbuilder/result /"03:03
=== lophyte [n=dsulliva@ubuntu/member/lophyte] has joined #ubuntu-motu
effraieoh, same error..03:08
effraiemy script only create a Package fil.. no Package.gz...03:09
effraiemaybe the problem come from ther?03:09
effraiehere is the script : http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/25651/03:10
effraiewhat can i add to create the .gz ?03:10
lionelp_effraie: do something like that :03:12
lionelp_/usr/bin/dpkg-scanpackages $1 /dev/null | gzip - > $1/Packages.gz03:12
effraiei add that line in the script?03:12
lionelp_instead of you call to scanpackages03:13
=== AnAnt [n=anant@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
AnAntanyone wants to REVU a package ?03:14
=== Hobbsee wonders why
Hobbseeunless you're filing a UVFe about it too03:15
AnAntwhat is UVF ?03:15
RiddellAnAnt: universe freeze, no new packages03:16
AnAntit's not new03:16
effraielionelp_: i'm sorry, but my english (and my script knowledge) is poor... and, i cant understand what i've to do03:16
AnAntI fixed a bashism in softbeep that's all03:16
=== twanj [n=chatzill@c-66-176-118-121.hsd1.fl.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
AnAntif [ "$1" == "irssi" ]   <== that is  bashism, right ?03:17
shawarmaAnAnt: yes03:17
effraielionelp: tu est franais?03:17
AnAntwell, I fixed that bashism03:17
AnAntin softbeep03:17
lionelpeffraie: il faut que tu rajouts  la fin de ton appel dpkg-scanpackages (au lieu de > Packages) un  | gzip - > Packages.gz03:18
AnAntquoi ?03:18
effraieok, j'essaie a03:18
lionelpAnAnt: for correcting a bug, you should attach a patch to the bug, not upload to REVU03:19
=== kallewoof didn't realize about the freeze. Damn. But it makes sense.
AnAntlionelp: how do I find the page for softbeep/03:21
effraielionelp: j'ai tjrs la mme erreur...03:22
effraiecela pourrait il tre un pb de droits?03:22
lionelpAnAnt: here: https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/softbeep03:22
shawarmaNej, hvor er det sejt at skrive p sit eget sprog. :-)03:23
lionelpand for filling a bug: https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/softbeep/+filebug03:23
kallewoofshawarma: Helpful if you're not fluent in english.03:23
shawarmakallewoof: Ja, det er klart nok.03:23
lionelpeffraie: you script is a bit overkill03:26
lionelpa single line should be sufficient03:26
effraielionelp: wich one?03:26
lionelpare you sure your Packages.gz is created at the good place ?03:26
effraieno, im'sure for nothing...03:27
effraiewhere is the right place?03:27
lionelpA ling with : "/usr/bin/dpkg-scanpackages . /dev/null | gzip - > /your/path/Packages.gz"03:27
lionelpeffraie: the right place is where you are looking for it (i.e. where your repository is)03:29
effraieok, i try it thanks a lot03:29
=== Yagisan [n=Yagisan@doomsday/developer/Yagisan] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Zdra [n=zdra@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
shawarmaI'm just kidding around. If you want to speak French, I don't mind much.03:30
effraielionelp: toujours la mme erreur... si je te montre un ls de mon rep, mon .pbuilderrc-edgy, et mon script, a t'aide a m'aider?03:32
lionelpshawarma: I did not understand one work of what you said :)03:32
shawarmalionelp: I didn't expect you to. :-)03:33
AnAntlionelp: attach a patch or a diff.gz ?03:33
Adri2000Hobbsee: bug 63964 :)03:34
UbugtuMalone bug 63964 in xmoto "UVF exception request: xmoto 0.2.2-1" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6396403:34
HobbseeAdri2000: nic03:34
lionelpshawarma: what language was it ?03:35
lionelpAnAnt: a patch03:35
shawarmalionelp: Danish.03:35
lionelpmouah, no chance for me so :)03:35
lionelpeffraie: yes, your elements can help, could you put them on pastebin ?03:35
effraielionelp: of course i can !03:36
effraiethe ls :http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/25655/03:37
kallewoofI've been browsing around about that freeze, but I can't really find any info on it. How long do they usually last? Or is that case-by-case?03:37
lionelpeffraie: you have a Packages.gz !03:37
effraiemy pbuilderrc : http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/25656/03:38
effraielionelp: i know i've one...03:38
lionelpkallewoof: look at there : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EdgyReleaseSchedule03:38
lionelpkallewoof: it will last until the relase03:38
effraiemy script : http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/25657/03:39
kallewooflionelp: There it is! I looked, promise. :/ Thanks!03:39
effraiemy error : http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/25658/03:39
AnAntlionelp: patch against what ?03:40
AnAntlionelp: I made a dpatch03:40
AnAntlionelp: would I submit that ? or a patch against the diff ?03:40
=== hub [n=hub@moodiegate.xandros.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
lionelpeffraie: in OTHERMIRROR, I think you should use ./ at the end instead of /03:41
effraiei try it immediatly03:41
lionelpAnAnt: a patch between the actual source (apt-get source) and the packaged modified by you03:41
effraielionelp: Failed to fetch file:/var/cache/pbuilder/result/./Packages.gz  File not found03:43
kallewoofThanks for the help folks. I'm outta here. Will be back around end of October when that freeze thaws. ;)03:43
=== kallewoof [n=zwoc@] has left #ubuntu-motu []
effraielionelp: no idea?03:49
lionelpeffraie: not a lot :-(03:49
lionelpcould you ls /var/cache/pbuilder/result/./Packages.gz to see03:49
effraiethank you very much, BTW03:49
AnAntlionelp: ok , done (I think)03:49
lionelpAnAnt: looks good03:51
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-17-251.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@mail.ottens.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianHeya gang04:03
Q-FUNKare there any tools to produce an reverted patch?04:05
=== matid [n=matid@ubuntu/member/matid] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Q-FUNKI'd like to produce an inverted of this intrusive patch that upstream merged http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=35321304:06
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-motu
UbugtuGnome bug 353213 in General "planner does not compile with libgda 1.3.91" [Blocker,Resolved: fixed] 04:06
=== leng__ [n=leng@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@94.8.100-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Q-FUNKI soehow doubt that droping this in debian/patches/ would make simple-patch-sys undestand that I mean for it to revert the changes04:07
dholbachQ-FUNK: patch -p1 -R < ../../patch04:08
dholbach(in a cdbs-edit-patch subshell)04:08
dholbachcdbs-edit-patch 10-revert-upstream-fix04:09
dholbachpatch -p1 -R < ~/the-upstream-fix04:09
=== leng__ [n=leng@] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Leaving"]
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lastnode [n=lastnode@unaffiliated/mahangu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Q-FUNKdholbach: thanks04:27
dholbachQ-FUNK: de rien04:27
Q-FUNKdholbach: I tried, except that the patch found at this bug is not what went into 0.14.1.  one chunk fails to revert04:27
dholbachand what about fiddling manually?04:28
dholbachmaybe you can coerce somebody in #ubuntu-desktop to poke at it together with you?04:29
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-23-4.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
lophyteis anyone elses evolution broken after the latest edgy upgrade?04:36
=== monger [n=peter@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mongerzul, I've heard you are familair with xen?04:38
mongerI've got a strange problem with xen on edgy maybe you can help me out04:39
zulsure ill try04:39
mongerMy dom0 starts just fine, I can start domU's (tried debian in domU)04:39
mongerBut if I put edgy in domU too it hangs on vbd during the initialisation of the domU04:40
mongerI get this error: Error: Device 770 (vbd) could not be connected04:40
zulweird i dont get that error can you open a bug in launchpad so we can track this, im at work right now and cant really help04:42
mongerSo I'm keeping you from doing something productive ;)04:42
mongerI'll do so04:42
mongerThnx for the trouble04:42
=== lastnode_ [n=lastnode@unaffiliated/mahangu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tortoise_ [n=tortoise@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ubotu [n=ubotu@ubuntu/bot/ubotu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Ubugtu [n=bugbot@ubuntu/bot/ubugtu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Ubug2 [n=bugbot@ubuntu/bot/ubugtu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-23-4.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ubotu [n=ubotu@ubuntu/bot/ubotu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== xerxas [n=R67894@AGrenoble-257-1-2-68.w86-193.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-23-4.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== Hawkwind [n=SoS@ulteo/community-leader/Hawkwind] has joined #Ubuntu-MOTU
=== Hawkwind [n=SoS@ulteo/community-leader/Hawkwind] has joined #Ubuntu-MOTU
=== Lutin [n=albin@sd-4736.dedibox.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LutinI'm having trouble with cdbs and debug packages under edgy. for some reason my debug libs go into the lib packagage, instead of the -dbg one05:42
=== MagnusR [n=magru@c83-250-59-127.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Lutinany clues ?05:42
azeemLutin: what kind of debug libs are those?05:42
azeemthat is, are they dedicated debug libraries, or just the unstripped version of the real library05:43
Lutinunstripped versions of the lobs05:43
azeemso you have unstripped libs in the real package, and nothing in the -dbg package?05:43
Lutinand I don't understand why05:44
azeemyou have a -dbg package in debian/control, right?05:44
Lutinnote that "bug" doesn't happen under dapper05:44
azeemwith the same source package?05:45
Lutinand the same debian tree05:45
Lutinbesides, there's another thing05:47
Lutinthe source package provides several libs and some debug binaries. and _all_ of them goes unstripped in the lib pkg05:48
=== fowlduck [n=fowlduck@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== amachu [n=amachu@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dholbach_ [n=daniel@i577B3C82.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Lutinno clues ?06:00
=== bersace [n=bersace@did75-13-82-243-217-90.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
kristoghello *, i'm applying as MOTU, i add myself to the peoplubuntu-dev group.06:03
kristogi will be in the TB meeting.06:03
kristogI wonder what i can do for help you :)06:03
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebiankristog: Fix some bugs :-)06:08
kristogbddebian: ok, i'm doing some triage on NM and g-p-m :)06:09
Lutintalking about bugs, no one have  ideas about the one I get ?06:10
kristogLutin: what bug?06:10
Lutinkristog, some weirdness with cdbs and unstripped libs06:12
Lutin for some reason my debug libs go into the lib packagage, instead of the -dbg one. and it happens only with edgy06:12
kristogyou have a -dbg.install?06:13
Lutinnot needed06:13
kristogi don't know if cdbs can handle -dbg package with some define.06:13
kristogdefine == DBG_PACKAGE_BLABLABLA:06:14
LutinDEB_DH_STRIP_ARGS := --dbg-package=libfoo06:14
Lutinbut the problem is that on some pacakges, the unstripped libs go into the normal lib pkg06:15
=== robitaille [n=daniel@ubuntu/member/robitaille] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lophyte [n=dsulliva@ubuntu/member/lophyte] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== FunnyLookinHat [n=funnyloo@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== LaserJock_ [n=mantha@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has joined #ubuntu-motu
lophyteheya LaserJock_06:35
lophytehow's it going?06:35
=== reggaemanu [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-175-231.w86-214.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianHeya LaserJock_06:46
LaserJock_hi bddebian06:48
=== abelcheung [n=abelcheu@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== reggaemanu [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-175-231.w86-214.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== givr1 [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-87-212.w86-205.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== No1Viking [n=micke@h-83-140-104-74.ip.rixbredband.se] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Lutin [n=albin@sd-4736.dedibox.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jdong|laptop [n=jdong@d192-24-235-141.try.wideopenwest.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jdong|laptophi everyone07:36
jdong|laptopcome on, it's safe to say hi to me... I'm not here to poke anyone about uploads :)07:38
bddebianHeya jdong|laptop :-)07:45
jdong|laptopHA TRICKED YOU!07:45
jdong|laptopnow, just grab the debdiff for wine 0.9.22 and nobody gets hurt....07:45
jdong|laptop(j/k) :D07:46
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-35-148.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== geser [n=michael@dialin111001.justdsl.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianjdong|laptop: Last time I tried to touch wine I got yelled at :-)07:50
jdong|laptopbddebian: lol... I filed a uvf for the new wine... hope it goes through :)07:50
=== abelcheung_ [n=abelcheu@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianjdong|laptop: New wine from where?  Apparently we use the winehq packages not Debian (in case you didn't know that.  I didn't)07:52
jdong|laptopbddebian: new wine from upstream sources07:52
bddebianAh, OK07:52
jdong|laptopbddebian: they still package fine under our diff.gz07:52
jdong|laptopno changes that groundbreaking, but yes I do know that we use winehq07:53
jdong|laptoptheir repos are pretty sane07:53
=== rraphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== rraphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Spec[x] [n=dragonco@charon.devis.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Goshawk [n=vincenzo@81-208-106-70.ip.fastwebnet.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-35-148.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockhmm, well I'm glad I didn't upgrade my last computer to edgy08:36
LaserJockthere is a bashism in debian/rules in gcl08:37
LaserJockI can't even build the source package on edgy as it is ;-)08:37
LaserJockbut at least I found the fix08:43
LaserJockcrimsun siretart: ping?08:50
LaserJockbddebian: do you know if we have a updates policy?08:51
siretartLaserJock: yeah?08:52
LaserJocksiretart: do you know if we have a -updates policy?08:52
geserdo I need an ACK from a motu for a sync request if I already have a go from motu-uvf?08:52
LaserJockI was just talking to mdz about https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates08:53
siretartLaserJock: err, if you mean uploads for dapper-updates/universe, well, sort of08:53
siretartI remember some updates for at least breezy-updates/universe, but I don't remember the exact details.08:53
siretartthe infrastructure is there, the main problem is rather ppl caring enough to upload there08:54
matidLaserJock: I've got a question for you. I'd like to know what could I do to help out and become a MOTU. I'm aware that right now it will be hard because of the Universe Freeze, but I'm still willing to help08:54
LaserJocksiretart: mdz said the MOTU should work out what they want08:54
LaserJockmatid: help fix bugs, and work on unmet deps08:54
siretartLaserJock: oh. I see.08:54
LaserJock mdz> though I strongly recommend using StableReleaseUpdates or something very close to it08:55
siretartLaserJock: in what context did he say that?08:55
LaserJockLaserJock> does StableReleaseUpdates apply equally to Universe?08:55
LaserJockLaserJock> mdz: ^^? or do you want MOTUs to decide that?08:55
LaserJockmdz> LaserJock: the latter08:56
matidLaserJock: By attaching a debdiff to the bug reports, I presume?08:56
LaserJockmatid: yep, and subscribing ubuntu-universe-sponsors08:56
siretartLaserJock: ah. I see08:56
matidLaserJock: And one last question - if I just fix the dependencies should I add my own debian/changelog entry? It's overwritten by a MOTU during the upload process anyway08:57
siretartLaserJock: I think that what's lacking here is a process/workflow for how to provides updates for universe updates08:57
LaserJockmatid: it shouldn't be overwritten if it is usable as is08:57
LaserJockmatid: all the MOTU has to do is gpg sign it08:57
LaserJocksiretart: yep08:58
LaserJocksiretart: I need to do some right now08:58
matidLaserJock: Ok08:58
LaserJocksiretart: but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be uploading to -proposed or not08:58
LaserJockhehe, that should be etc.08:58
LaserJocksiretart: should we discuss this on the -motu list?09:00
LaserJocksiretart: or do we already have something in place that I don't know about?09:00
matidLaserJock: Approximately, how long should I contribute to MOTU Team by fixing bugs to become a MOTU? I know the approval is done individually, but could you at least say if it will take 2 months or 5 moths of continous contribution.09:02
matidLaserJock: You can have a look at my launchpad profile or my wiki to see how am I doing right now09:02
LaserJockmatid: you're an Ubuntu member now, right?09:03
matidLaserJock: Yes, I am09:03
bddebianLaserJock: Sorry, I don't know (though it looks like it's already in discussion) :)09:04
LaserJockmatid: I'd say it'd take a month or so09:04
LaserJockmatid: probably not 5 if you get into it09:04
LaserJockseems like it took me 2-3 months09:05
LaserJockbut I was doing lots of other things too09:05
matidI should have started it ab. 2 months ago, before the Universe freeze ;)09:06
LaserJockwell, edgy+1 will open up soon enough ;-)09:06
bddebianGah :-(09:06
LaserJockyou get lots of chances there for sure ;-)09:06
bddebianWhen is Edgy supposed to release anyway? :-)09:06
LaserJockOct. 22nd I think09:07
matidWasn't it 26th?09:07
LaserJocksomething like that09:08
LaserJockoh cool09:08
bddebianHoly crap, I'm not going to be able to do anything by then :'-(09:08
LaserJockthat's during national Chemistry week09:08
matid26th, my mind didn't play tricks on me ;)09:08
LaserJockthe 23rd is Mole Day09:09
matidOk, I guess I'll have to start my dash to become a MOTU and hang out on this channel more ;)09:09
=== schultmc [i=schultmc@nat/progeny/x-22c33976f4d91af0] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Marsmensch [n=daniel@dslb-084-056-064-146.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@dsl-hkigw8-feaff900-158.dhcp.inet.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
matidBy the way, what should we do about sync requests now? Since we're after the UVF we should reject them, shouldn't we?09:30
ajmitchmatid: no09:30
matidajmitch: So what should one do?09:31
ajmitchmatid: if it's a new upstream, get them to provide the necessary info & assign to motu-uvf09:32
ajmitchif it's just a new debian revision, business as normal09:32
matidajmitch: Ok, thanks!09:33
=== givre [n=flo@APuteaux-152-1-82-252.w86-205.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
geserajmitch: do I need an ACK from a motu for a sync request if I already have a go from motu-uvf?09:37
siretartLaserJock: sorry, I was afk09:39
siretartLaserJock: AFAIK, we didn't discuss this matter yet.09:39
siretartLaserJock: in the past, when we had to discuss matters, we made a MOTUMeeting09:39
siretartLaserJock: but since we grew a lot since the last motumeeting, I think an irc meeting for that isn't really feasible09:40
siretartLaserJock: I'd suggest that you start outlining procedures for uploading to dapper-updates on the ubuntu wiki and label it as draft09:40
siretartLaserJock: and then start a discussion on ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.co09:41
siretartLaserJock: then all can read and comment on the proposal.I think this is what mdz has in mind09:41
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #ubuntu-motu
siretartLaserJock: I'm particulary curious how we want to manage the part about q/a for those uploads. for main, the procedures are quite strict, at least since the botched X upload for dapper09:43
zulsomeone would obvisouly have to test them09:45
zulie a motu-qa group09:45
matidIs there a motu-qa team?09:46
=== _MMA_ [n=mma@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== marcin_ant [n=marcin@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== blueyed [n=daniel@pdpc/supporter/active/blueyed] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== redguy [n=mati@act20.neoplus.adsl.tpnet.pl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchgeser: the archive admins may wish it to be so09:52
blueyedI have a .deb and get "error creating directory `./usr/share/jedit/XXX': No such file or directory" when trying to dpkg --install it. See http://paste.uni.cc/10567 - lintian says it's ok. Any idea?09:52
lophytehey all09:52
blueyedDo the directories need to be included "as-is" in the .deb - so they get created?09:54
kristogblueyed: could you put debian/ online?09:54
blueyedkristog: sure. http://codeprobe.de/tmp/jedit-debian/09:56
blueyedThe package gets generated by an ant target and I'm trying to fix it.09:57
kristogblueyed: where are rules and changelog ?09:57
blueyedThey aren't there.. are they required?09:59
kristogehrr for build a debian package yes10:00
=== vil [n=vladimir@catv-tisnov-86.selfnet.cz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cbx33 [n=pete@ubuntu/member/cbx33] has joined #ubuntu-motu
blueyedThe package gets build by a Java class, de.masters_of_disaster.ant.tasks.deb.Deb - I'll investigate how it works.10:01
blueyedkristog: wonder though, that lintian does not complain and dpkg starts installing.10:01
kristogbecause rules is not shipped in the .deb10:02
kristogi don't know what is de.masters_of_disaster.ant.tasks.deb.Deb10:02
kristogbut i think you need rules and copyright10:04
LaserJock_MMA_: but you are wanting to get your metapackages in Universe, right?10:04
_MMA_LaserJock: Hey. Thats the thing.10:04
=== reggaemanu [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-175-231.w86-214.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
_MMA_Im not sure, in the end, where they should go.10:04
LaserJock_MMA_: well, shoot for Universe ;-)10:05
_MMA_I was relying on Dana for things like this but he just doesnt have the time for the project.10:05
LaserJock_MMA_: you sure? He was talking to  me about it the other day10:05
_MMA_Its the vibe Im getting. He has been dealing with personal issues. Its better he takes care of himself.10:06
LaserJockif you integrate more with the MOTU Multimedia team I'm sure they would be a help10:06
_MMA_Is that another channel?10:06
_MMA_Lots of this stuff is new to me but I have to get this done.10:07
_MMA_What people should I contact?10:07
LaserJockyou could probably email the ubuntu-motu list10:08
_MMA_As far as meta-packages go, I can get a list of packages together but I have no clue how to make a .deb or a meta-package.10:08
LaserJockwith a description of your project and things you need help on10:08
_MMA_Im not even sure how to mail a list. One more thing I have to look into. ;)10:09
LaserJock_MMA_: lists.ubuntu.com10:09
_MMA_Ok. Ill look into that. I have so much going on its sick. I just got a email about going to UDS Mountain View. One more thing to work on. :)10:11
LaserJock_MMA_: just take it one thing at a time10:12
sivang_MMA_: just think how lucky you are :-)10:12
=== [Pitcher] [n=Dany@148.Red-83-35-113.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
_MMA_Im trying. The biggest thing is balencing my family life. Im a stay-at-home Dad.10:13
[Pitcher] hi all, new server of support to ubuntu /server -m irc.ubuntuzone.org:6668 ;)10:13
[Pitcher] hi all, new server of support to ubuntu /server -m irc.ubuntuzone.org:6668 ;)10:13
=== [Pitcher] [n=Dany@148.Red-83-35-113.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has left #ubuntu-motu []
_MMA_sivang: It is pretty cool. :)10:13
_MMA_Thanx for the info guys. Off to work more on the WIKI.10:14
LaserJock_MMA_: just don't worry about having to have everything done right now10:14
sivang_MMA_: I would concentrate on stuff you would llike to prepare for UDS, the conference is more around plans and mockups , then actual code and package.10:14
LaserJock_MMA_: projects like this take quite a bit of time10:14
kristogsivang: UDS?10:15
sivangkristog: yes10:15
kristogwhat is uds ubuntu-S?-S? ?10:15
_MMA_I really want to see it through. I think Demudi left a gap.10:15
sivangkristog: Well, it's been observed that some code and package did sprung out during a UDS, however, it's not mandatory I think10:15
sivangkristog: UbuntuDeveloperSummit10:15
kristogah ok ! thank you10:16
sivangkristog: np10:16
LaserJock_MMA_: UDS will also be a good place to get people excited about it10:17
_MMA_LaserJock: I hope so. Im pretty good at talking to people. I have art being created currently. I will have mock-ups. I hope to have a disk to test also based off of Edgy.10:18
_MMA_LaserJock: Ill look as "pro" as I can.10:19
=== vil [n=vladimir@catv-tisnov-86.selfnet.cz] has left #ubuntu-motu []
ajmitchmorning all10:23
bddebianHeya ajmitch10:24
LaserJockhi ajmitch10:25
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== currios [n=currios@i577A42F6.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Gervystar [n=alessand@host244-239-dynamic.8-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== AnAnt [n=anant@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
AnAntanyone knows a document (other than manpage) explaining arrays or field expansion for dash ?10:45
AnAntI don't understand the manpage10:45
=== Zdra_ [n=zdra@191.213-242-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
AnAntping lionelp10:48
=== lophyte [n=dsulliva@ubuntu/member/lophyte] has joined #ubuntu-motu
lionelppong AnAnt10:49
AnAntlionelp: should I change status of softbeep bug or someone else should do that ?10:50
AnAntlionelp: I see that there are Fix released & Fix committed10:50
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@dsl-hkigw8-feaff900-158.dhcp.inet.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
lionelpAnAnt: nope10:51
lionelpfix released is when the modif will be uploaded10:52
lionelpand fiex released when the package will be in the repo10:52
AnAntlionelp: so it is fix committed ?10:52
AnAntlionelp: and should I assign it to myself ?10:52
=== FunnyLookinHat [n=funnyloo@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
AnAntlionelp: ?10:56
lionelpI was on phone10:57
lionelpno, fix commited is when the source package is uploaded to the Ubuntu repository10:57
AnAntso I shouldn't change the bug status then ?10:57
lionelpAnAnt: what is the status ?10:58
lionelpit should be confirmed right now10:58
AnAntlionelp: unconfirmed10:58
AnAntlionelp: nope it is UNdecided10:59
lionelpconfirmed => the bug is known and we have full informations to correct the bug (we have the fix)10:59
AnAntand assigned the bug to myself or leave it unassigned ?11:00
lionelpAssigned to "sponsor for universe"11:01
=== yosch [n=yosch@lns-bzn-32-82-254-29-99.adsl.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
AnAntlionelp: thanks11:05
=== AnAnt [n=anant@] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== currios [n=currios@i577A060F.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== redguy [n=mati@act20.neoplus.adsl.tpnet.pl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== XiXaQ [n=xixaq@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
XiXaQhow about adding xrdp in a future Ubuntu distro? It would be very nice if one could connect directly to a Ubuntu desktop from any Windows desktop.11:08
Q-FUNKXiXaQ: it could be fun, indeed.11:08
Q-FUNKis there already a package of it in Debian or in Ubuntu/universe?11:09
XiXaQthere is a debian package.11:11
lionelpupstream build a Debian but it is not in Debian11:12
Q-FUNKit's already being considered11:12
XiXaQit would be fun, useful and possibly the best marketing tool we could ask for.11:12
=== redguy [n=mati@act20.neoplus.adsl.tpnet.pl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Q-FUNKXiXaQ: see the URL above.  someone already spotted the package11:13
XiXaQI saw.. I didn't know of the wiki page. :)11:14
=== Q-FUNK is filing an RFP for xrdp against wnpp
=== zul [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
XiXaQwhat is wnpp?11:20
XiXaQand what is a RFP? :)11:21
effraieany french here?11:21
ajmitchXiXaQ: debian terms11:22
ajmitchQ-FUNK: why not an ITP? :)11:22
lionelpeffraie: still here :)11:22
geserXiXaQ: RFP = Request For Package11:23
effraiei've got a very confusing error here : http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/25693/11:23
geserXiXaQ: WNPP = Work-Needing and Prospective Packages11:23
effraieit happens while building beryl-settings, and while building beryl-manager11:23
lionelpeffraie: interesting :)11:24
effraielionelp: do you have an idea?11:24
XiXaQgeser, thanks... :) Learn something new every day. :)11:24
Q-FUNKajmitch: cause I wouldn't have any need for it myself? :)11:24
lionelpbut beryl is not in Ubuntu as far as i know :)11:24
effraiei know...11:24
lionelpeffraie: the external repository you are using is broken...11:24
lophytehey geser11:24
geserhello lophyte11:25
effraielionelp: i'm pbuilding the first .debs for ppc11:25
effraieno external repo, exept my own...11:25
lionelpOkay !11:25
lophytegeser: I'm still waiting for ajmitch before I look into doing unmet deps.. he rebuilt them all last night11:25
lionelpdid you build beryl-settings and beryl-manager11:25
effraieno, that error arrive during that build11:26
effraieberryl-setting tell me "i need beryl-manager & beryl-settings" and beryl-manager... the same11:27
=== currios [n=currios@i577A060F.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
geserlophyte: I hope to get the gnustep-{make,base,gui} fixed on the next archive day so we could begin with the gnustep packages soon11:30
lophytegeser: ok, sounds good.. I'd like to help with that11:30
geserthere are over 60 packages depending on gnustep-back0.1011:31
=== olliwolli [n=olliwoll@e177205224.adsl.alicedsl.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchgeser: should be a good way to cut the list back11:35
ajmitchhow many will need rebuilds?11:35
=== olliwolli [n=olliwoll@e177205224.adsl.alicedsl.de] has left #ubuntu-motu []
geserI haven't checked yet11:37
geserbut all need a rebuild or a sync from debian11:39
ajmitchrebuilds are simple, they can be done in minutes by someone with upload rights11:40
lophyteI like doing rebuilds though, its good practice to get into the swing of creating a package11:41
lophyteI've only done one... a few more would be good practice I think11:41
ajmitchlophyte: rebuilds are nothing more than adding a changelog entry & running debuild -S, then uploading11:42
ajmitch(testing in between, of course)11:42
lophyteyeah i suppose11:42
ajmitchwith a list of packages I could do that in a few seconds11:42
lophyteyou and your automation :P11:42
ajmitchI wrote the scripts awhile ago, i like being lazy11:43
lophytewell I wonder what else I could do11:43
ajmitchfix those that don't need rebuilt11:43
ajmitchbut have deeper problems11:43
lophyteyeah, I was planning on doing that, just waiting11:44
lophyteis there a way to tell if they have deeper problems without trying to rebuild it first?11:45
ajmitchgenerally not :)11:45
lophyteah, okie11:46
lophytethen I'll wait :)11:46
geserajmitch: I've three unmet deps (simple rebuilds) waiting for an upload: bug 63220, bug 63217 and bug 63216. could you upload them?11:51
UbugtuMalone bug 63220 in libccscript3 "[Edgy]  Rebuild for libcommoncpp2-1.4-0 soname change" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6322011:51
UbugtuMalone bug 63217 in libccrtp "[Edgy]  Rebuild for libcommoncpp2-1.4-0 soname change" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6321711:51
UbugtuMalone bug 63216 in bayonne "[Edgy]  Rebuild for libcommoncpp2-1.4-0 soname change" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6321611:51
=== tortoise__ [n=tortoise@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== minghua [n=minghua@danube.mems.rice.edu] has joined #ubuntu-motu

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!