Seveasmjg59, you rock!12:09
Seveas(but of course you already knew that)12:09
_ionmjg59: Have you had time to review my usplash patch? (There's no hurry, i'm just interested.)12:11
mjg59_ion: It's committed12:11
_ionOk, thanks.12:12
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508D8782.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== shawarma is now known as shawarma_away
=== Gman [i=gman@nat/sun/x-296fe4c42b5e9867] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== poningru [n=poningru@ip70-171-62-28.ga.at.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== iwj [n=ian@xenophobe.extern.relativity.greenend.org.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== CarlFK [n=carl@c-24-13-53-221.hsd1.il.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== theCore [n=alex@modemcable134.202-70-69.mc.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== freeflying|away [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508D8782.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== TomB| [n=ownthebo@host217-44-6-189.range217-44.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== licio [n=licio@ubuntu/member/licio] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== human_blip [n=mike@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508D8782.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508D8782.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Amaranth_ [n=travis@ubuntu/member/amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mbiebl [n=michael@dslb-088-064-171-031.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jack_wyt [n=jack@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sid [n=unstable@glitchinthe.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sidIs there an ubuntu-legal mailing list like there is a debian-legal mailing list/03:10
sidmjg59: Is there a website specific to ubuntu about legal stuff? Like copyright law[dmca(the european version too)]  / software idea patents / trademark law(firefox)?03:12
sidDoes Ubuntu use SPI like debian does? Or do you guys have your own laywer?03:13
mjg59sid: No idea, I'm afraid. I'd assume that Canonical have someone on the legal side of things.03:16
tsengwe follow the DFSG, mostly03:18
tsenga few exceptions03:18
tsengfirefox might end up being one of them03:19
=== rodarvus [n=rodarvus@ubuntu/member/rodarvus] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sidIs there a marillat _like_ mirror for Ubuntu?(I know marillat doesn't do Ubuntu); Like a european only version of Ubuntu.(a version where software idea patents don't apply).03:22
sidie, not a mangled mplayer with stuff ripped out because of american patent law03:22
tsengthere are a few things in plf03:23
tsengnot that interesting to us, YMMV etc03:23
sidhmm, I can't seem to connect; the google cache will have to do.03:24
sidthanks a lot for the information tseng and mjg59; I appreciate it.03:25
sid"The PLF Ubuntu project is shutting down, due to lack of time of its maintainers. New volonteers are welcome."03:25
sidGuess that's why I couldn't connect.03:26
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== specialK|laptop [n=Kevin@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cr3 [n=marc@pdpc/supporter/bronze/cr3] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== freet15 [n=freet15@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lastnode [n=lastnode@unaffiliated/mahangu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== truz_`24 [n=truz_`24@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== orkid__ [n=orkid__@bas1-barrie18-1242377856.dsl.bell.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Huahua [n=hua_@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jinty [n=jinty@205.Red-83-56-149.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbionemorning guys05:52
Hobbseehey fabbione 05:53
ajmitchhey fabbione 05:54
fabbionehey aj05:54
zul_hey fabbione 05:54
fabbioneajmitch: i should be able to start the buildd tomorrow. my wife will go away a couple of days and i can move out of the office to work (noise mainly) and she won't complain about an airplane or two turned on in the house05:55
fabbionehi zul05:55
ajmitchfabbione: great, I've got procmail setup for it05:55
=== lastnode [n=lastnode@unaffiliated/mahangu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lastnode [n=lastnode@unaffiliated/mahangu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Xof [n=mas01cr@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbionenight zul06:38
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stu1 [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nictuku [n=yves@ubuntu/member/nictuku] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbioneajmitch: who can i contact in the MOTU team to do some batch job?07:27
fabbioneajmitch: there are a bunch of xfonts that need a rebuild07:28
ajmitchI can do that if you want07:28
fabbioneajmitch: ok.. see bug #5280307:28
UbugtuMalone bug 52803 in gsfonts-x11 "insufficient dependency on xfonts-utils" [High,Confirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/5280307:28
fabbioneread it all to the bottom07:28
fabbionei already uploaded a new debhelper that sets the proper version Depends: on xfonts-utils07:29
fabbioneit will take about 2/3 hours to propagate in the archive07:29
fabbionewhat i would like you to do is to prepare all the fonts in universe for upload07:29
fabbioneIF the package does not have an ubuntuX extension, make it buildX07:30
fabbioneso that it can be resynced automatically for edgy+107:30
ajmitchyes, I've got tools to do all that if I hand it a list of packages07:30
fabbionewithout MOTU having to redo the merge manually07:30
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbioneok.. also.. make sure that the package actually needs the rebuild and that it uses dh_installxfonts in debian/rules + misc:Depends in debian/control07:31
fabbionei am taking care of main 07:31
ajmitchok, I'll start downloading them07:31
fabbionethere is no need to add a versioned B-D on debhelper.. just wait that it hits the archive before uploading07:32
fabbioneless delta > *07:32
=== highvolt1ge [n=jono@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbioneajmitch: you want a changelog similar to:07:33
fabbioneculmus (0.101-6build1) edgy; urgency=low07:33
fabbione  * Rebuild with new debhelper to set versioned Depends: on xfonts-utils.07:33
fabbione    This change can/should be dropped automatically in edgy+1 syncs.07:33
fabbione  (Closes Ubuntu #52803)07:33
ajmitchthere don't seem to be too many xfonts-* source packages in universe07:33
fabbioneajmitch: no, there aren't many07:33
fabbionebut they still need that version Depends:07:34
fabbioneotherwise it can breaks upgrade from dapper to edgy07:34
fabbioneajmitch: there are some packages that add a Depends: xfonts-utils manually without calling dh_installxfonts. You want to add the versioned Depends manually07:39
ajmitch30 packages to check over, won't take long :)07:40
fabbionexfonts-100dpi (1:1.0.0-2ubuntu1) edgy; urgency=low07:40
fabbione  * Set versioned Depends on xfonts-utils.07:40
fabbione  (Closes Ubuntu #52803)07:40
fabbionethis is the changelog i am using for the manual ones07:41
fabbionenote that it's a manual delta -> ubuntu107:41
ajmitchok, noted07:41
fabbioneare you also checking multiverse?07:41
fabbionei noticed 1/2 fonts there too07:41
ajmitchI'll check that too07:41
fabbioneok perfect07:41
ajmitchI've got a list of all the source packages that build an xfonts-* binary07:42
ajmitchI'll check it against those that depend on xfonts-utils07:42
fabbioneajmitch: it's easier if you check apt-cache rdepends xfonts-utils07:44
fabbionenot all of them are called xfonts-07:44
fabbioneyou will pull in a bit more junk, but you will catch them all07:44
=== specialK|laptop [n=Kevin@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Spads [n=spacehob@host-84-9-51-159.bulldogdsl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Zdra [n=zdra@182.246-242-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Norgz [n=eroux@maisel-gw.enst-bretagne.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== funman [n=fun@AToulouse-157-1-146-157.w86-221.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== robitaille [n=daniel@ubuntu/member/robitaille] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cain_ [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Fujitsu [n=Fujitsu@ubuntu/member/fujitsu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== glatzor [n=sebi@ppp-88-217-2-173.dynamic.mnet-online.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cain_ [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== basanta [n=basanta@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pitti [n=pitti@ubuntu/member/pitti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiGood morning!08:24
fabbionehey pitti08:25
highvoltagemorning pitti and fabbione 08:25
=== pitti hugs fabbione
tfheenmorning, pitti08:31
Hobbseehey pitti 08:31
Hobbseehi tfheen 08:31
pittihey Hobbsee 08:33
pittimoin tfheen 08:33
pittihi highvoltage 08:33
tfheen'morning, Hobbsee 08:35
=== marilize [n=marilize@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i577B2173.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachgood morning08:54
ajmitchmorning daniel08:54
fabbionehey dh08:54
dholbachhey fmdn08:55
=== specialK|laptop [n=Kevin@] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Ex-Chat"]
=== nenotnom [n=christof@81-225-188-103-o285.telia.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== elkbuntu [n=melissa@ubuntu/member/elkbuntu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dous [n=dous@ubuntu/member/dous] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== freeflying|away [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== giftnudel [n=mb@p54A92706.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== shawarma_away is now known as shawarma
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== basanta [n=basanta@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sabdfl [n=sabdfl@ubuntu/member/pdpc.silver.sabdfl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== thekorn [n=markus@a81-14-185-75.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== thekorn [n=markus@a81-14-185-75.net-htp.de] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== giftnudel [n=mb@p54A92706.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittihi giftnudel 09:37
giftnudelhi pitti09:37
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== giftnudel [n=mb@p54A92706.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbioneajmitch: new debhelper is published.. we are good to go with the uploads09:48
ajmitchgreat, I'll get onto it now09:48
fabbionethere.. main is done09:52
=== jack_wyt_ [n=jack@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Zdra [n=zdra@di-net.ulb.ac.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mvo [n=egon@p54A672BB.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jono [n=jono@88-107-1-169.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tfheenmvo: could I have a GnomeAppInstallDesktopDatabaseUpdate today, please?09:59
=== spacey [n=herman@ubuntu/member/spacey] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mvotfheen: sure. the last is from 5. oct10:02
=== malcc [n=malcolm@host86-135-237-55.range86-135.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tfheenmvo: sure, but I'd like to have one from now, since we're getting close to the freeze.10:03
ajmitchtfheen: freeze is thursday?10:04
=== ScottK2 [n=kitterma@static-72-81-252-22.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tfheenajmitch: correct.10:07
ajmitchthanks for fixing the casper issues with mono10:08
=== ajmitch has a small pile of upstream patches against f-spot to grab 7 test
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Keybuk [n=scott@syndicate.netsplit.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukseb128: ping?10:16
seb128Keybuk: pong10:17
Keybukseb128: evolution is still doing the "folder-display|..." thing10:17
seb128Keybuk: yeah, we have a language-pack update once by century or something like that :p10:17
Keybukahh, it's waiting on those?10:18
seb128it's a translation issue and fixed to launchpad for weeks so probably10:18
pittiwe had the last one for beta, I plan another one for RC10:18
pittiseb128: ^ if that's fine with you?10:18
ogradholbach, ping10:18
seb128though I would prefer weekly translations updates next cycle10:19
dholbachogra: pong10:19
pittiKeybuk: speaking of broken langpacks, can you please nudge the dapper ones into proposed?10:19
pittiseb128: I have no problem with weekly10:19
ogradholbach, human-cursors-theme doesnt contain the thzeme file, is that intentional ?10:19
Keybukpitti: if I can get around to it today, I will10:19
dholbachKeybuk: if you find the time can you get the libgalago3 binary out of new, please?10:19
seb1282-3 updates in 6 months is no fun10:19
dholbachogra: it's in human-theme, yes10:19
Keybukdholbach: again, only if I can get around to it today10:19
pittiKeybuk: *hug*, thanks10:19
ogradholbach, why ? 10:19
Keybuksee #canonical10:19
pittiseb128: yeah, but the initial delay was due to Rosetta export; I hope we won't have that again for edgy+110:20
=== freet15_ [n=freet15@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128pitti: right10:20
ogradholbach, that forces me to install human-theme in the thin client chroot .. couldnt it move to the cursors package ?10:20
ograsince i only need the cursors for ldm10:20
dholbachKeybuk: Ok - thanks.10:20
dholbachogra: i need to think about it - when I did it, it was for a reason10:22
=== HiddenWolf [n=HiddenWo@136.28.dynamic.phpg.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-40-58.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== geser [n=michael@dialin110158.justdsl.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== giftnudel [n=mb@p54A92706.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukdoko_: ping10:26
Keybukor maybe seb128 10:26
Keybukpython-gnome2 conflicts and provides python2.4-gnome210:27
Keybukbut doesn't replaces it10:27
ogradholbach, ok10:27
tfheenfabbione: it seems like something blew up in the sparc world over the weekend; http://people.ubuntu.com/~cjwatson/testing/edgy_probs.html ; can you investigate?10:28
seb128Keybuk: I'll fix that10:28
fabbionetfheen: looking10:28
fabbioneseb128: this is your fault10:29
fabbioneseb128: something in desktopland didn't build10:29
Keybukseb128: same with things like cairo, pyorbit, etc.10:30
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128fabbione: libgnomeui apparently10:30
seb128Keybuk: python* then?10:30
seb128Keybuk: that's a dh_ something bug? should maintainers do that by hand or that should be done automatically with the new policy?10:31
fabbioneseb128: did you batch upload without proper versioned B-D ?10:31
seb128fabbione: no10:31
seb128  libbonoboui2-dev: Depends: libbonoboui2-0 (= 2.16.0-0ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed10:31
seb128  libgnome2-dev: Depends: libgnome2-0 (= 2.16.0-0ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed10:31
seb128  libgnomevfs2-dev: Depends: libgnomevfs2-0 (= 2.16.1-0ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed10:31
fabbioneThe following packages have unmet dependencies:10:32
fabbione  libbonoboui2-dev: Depends: libbonoboui2-0 (= 2.16.0-0ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed10:32
fabbione  libgnome2-dev: Depends: libgnome2-0 (= 2.16.0-0ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed10:32
fabbione  libgnomevfs2-dev: Depends: libgnomevfs2-0 (= 2.16.1-0ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed10:32
fabbioneE: Broken packages10:32
Keybukseb128: I've no idea10:32
fabbionethat one :)10:32
seb128fabbione: that looks like a "arch all/any out of sync"10:32
seb128maybe a retry would be enough10:32
fabbionetfheen: can you give back libgnomeui on sparc please?10:32
fabbioneseb128: yeah checking here locally too10:33
seb128fabbione: the 3 "not going to be installed" packages have built correctly10:33
seb128fabbione: retry should be fine10:34
fabbioneseb128: yup10:34
tfheenfabbione: done10:34
=== freet15_ is now known as freet15
fabbionetfheen: thanks10:34
gesercould someone please giveback gnustep-gui?10:35
tfheengeser: done10:36
gesertfheen: thanks10:38
seb128Keybuk: python-cairo and python-pyorbit seem to have a proper Replaces in fact10:38
tfheenpitti: do you happen to know if anybody's working on a MIR for kexec-tools?10:39
pittitfheen: not to my knowledge10:39
tfheenI'll have to get BenC to do that, then.10:40
=== Tonio__ [n=tonio@6.8.100-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gloubiboulga [n=gauvain@ubuntu/member/gloubiboulga] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukseb128: ok, I guess they depend on the python-gnome2 ?10:50
seb128Keybuk: no, they are lower in the stack10:50
seb128did you get some upgrade issues with them?10:51
=== RicardoPerez [n=A@84-122-157-132.onocable.ono.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tfheenKamion: could you please enable your cronjobs on drescher?10:53
tfheenKamion: http://people.ubuntu.com/~cjwatson/testing/edgy_probs.html is severly out of date.10:54
Keybukseb128: yeah10:54
KeybukI foolishly didn't write it down though10:54
Keybuk(upgrading my desktop today)10:54
=== basanta [n=basanta@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamiontfheen: they aren't disabled ...10:58
sivangmorning Kamion 10:58
KamionI think it's stuck somewhere, checking local mail10:58
KeybukKamion: did you get much chance on Friday to do archive-bitch stuff?10:59
=== Znarl [n=karl@bb-82-108-14-161.ukonline.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
KamionKeybuk: a little, but not a lot10:59
KeybukKamion: if you get a chance, could you do some today?10:59
=== Keybuk is awaiting for andreas to arrive
Kamiontfheen: I've kicked it; not sure if it'll stay kicked though11:00
tfheenKamion: hmkay and thanks a lot11:01
Kamiondapper upgrade11:01
KamionImportError: libapt-pkg-libc6.3-5.so.3.9: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory11:01
tfheenthat'd explain things11:02
Kamionok, fixed properly now11:03
=== mvo [n=egon@p54A672BB.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sivangmvo: thanks for the test in hubackup, it will serve as a nice starting point for testing the other modules :-)11:06
mvosivang: cheers!11:07
tfheenKeybuk: is there an lrm upload stuck in NEW?11:10
dholbachKamion: Hi - Keybuk wasn't sure if he would get around to it today, but it'd be very cool to get libgalago3 binary package out of new, so I could start rebuilding the redepends.11:10
fabbioneKamion: sorry to bother, but when you have time, could you please look at bug #63693? i just need a quick look from you11:13
UbugtuMalone bug 63693 in initramfs-tools "dapper -> edgy dist-upgrade prompts for questions" [High,Unconfirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6369311:13
mvodoes anyone know what package installs /etc/default/locale? 11:16
=== shawarma is now known as shawarma_away
fabbionemvo: probably belocs-locale-bin11:16
mvofabbione: I don't have it on my upgraded systems, only on new installs. and apparently it overwrite the settings in /etc/environment11:17
mvofabbione: thanks11:17
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbionemvo: we also need to look at that bug... i just need to finish one thing here11:20
mvofabbione: at the apt bug for the upgrades?11:20
=== heno [n=henrik@ti200720a080-5542.bb.online.no] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Spads [n=spacehob@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamionmvo: it's created by localechooser11:28
Kamionyes, it's intended to be used in preference to /etc/environment if possible, AFAIK; it was a Debian change11:28
Kamiondholbach: done11:29
=== tfheen kicks busybox in the nuts.
dholbachKamion: you ROCK! :-)11:30
mvoKamion: ok, thanks. I need to change language-selector to take this into account then11:30
=== shawarma_away is now known as shawarma
Kamionfabbione: checking11:30
fabbioneKamion: thx11:31
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tfheenKamion: so, busybox's md5sum complains about mismatches if there's a blank line in the input.11:33
tfheenKamion: should we fix that by fixing it to work correctly or fix cdrom-checker to DTRT or both?11:33
Kamionfabbione: oh, how was the install done? d-i or ubiquity?11:33
Kamiontfheen: why is there a blank line in its input?11:34
fabbioneKamion: d-i (netinstall bitch ;))11:34
tfheenKamion: because cdrom-checker does fgets(line, sizeof(line), fd), and then gives that to a system call.11:34
tfheen(without stripping off the \n)11:34
tfheenactually, it gives it to an echo | md5sum -c call11:35
tfheensee main.c:131 and five or so more lines11:35
Kamionoh, I see11:36
tfheenstripping the newline is trivial, but busybox shouldn't complain when it's given one valid and one empty line, IMO11:36
Kamionprobably do both fixes11:36
Kamionfabbione: replied11:37
fabbioneKamion: thanks11:37
Kamionfabbione: ... and updated with another possibility11:38
fabbioneKamion: reading11:38
Keybuktfheen, dholbach: -> Kamion11:39
fabbioneKamion: the strange thing is that it happens on fresh-install.. i mean i can see RESUME=/dev/hda5 on dapper fresh install11:39
dholbachKeybuk: hm?11:39
Keybukask Kamion for archive stuff today11:39
dholbachKeybuk: I already did - thanks.11:40
fabbioneKamion: the only code that can change that is not nowhere in initramfs.. so i can only assume something in d-i was mangling it11:40
dholbachKeybuk: Have a nice day.11:40
Kamionfabbione: ok, it wasn't clear to me that you'd checked the conffile before attempting to upgrade11:40
fabbioneKamion: ok.. yes i did check11:40
fabbionesee the diff on top11:40
tfheenKeybuk: 'k11:40
Kamionfabbione: yes, but that diff is generated after the new preinst runs11:40
tfheenKamion: is there an lrm stuck in NEW?11:40
tfheenor, was there?11:41
Kamiontfheen: not AFAIK11:41
fabbioneKamion: right.. but i did check it.. yes11:41
=== kent [n=kent@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
KamionI'll see if I can test it out here and isolate it11:41
fabbioneif you want i can reinstall here and triple-verify11:42
tfheenKamion: ah, lrm ftbfs-ed on ppc.11:43
fabbionei also noticed the rename in the config dir.. but that *seems* to work ok11:43
fabbionei need to go offline a few minutes... brb11:43
Kamionfabbione: I'm unconvinced by that preinst, given that it has:11:44
Kamioncase "$1" in11:44
Kamion        configure)11:44
Kamionfabbione: and preinst never gets $1 = configure11:45
=== givr1 [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-37-129.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Nafallo [n=nafallo@ubuntu/member/nafallo] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== holycow [n=a@mail.wjsgroup.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamiontfheen: I think that localechooser upload of mine may also fix that zh_CN/zh_TW issue that's on the ubuntu-6.10 list, but I'll need to test it11:51
tfheenKamion: good, thanks.11:52
Kamionwhich leaves the manual partitioning summary bug and system-config-kickstart brokenness11:53
tfheenmalone doesn't do graphs yet?  So there's no way for me to say "please give me a graph showing how many bugs match those criteria over the last ten days"?11:53
tfheenis it planned?11:53
lifelesswe do that with cricket at the moment, and AFAIK theres no solid plan for that finess in data mining11:54
tfheenor even just being able to get at those data would be immensely useful.11:54
tfheen"show me how the situation looked ten days ago", "show me how it looked nine days ago", etc.11:54
lifelessspec it up :)11:56
lifeless(sorry thats the best long term answer)11:56
tfheenI guess so, yes.11:56
lifelessshort term, let stub know what you need, if the criteria are fairly static.11:56
tfheenwhat I'm really wanting to know is "are we on track for having no targetted bugs on Thursday"11:57
tfheen(and if not, how are we doing?)11:57
holycowkamion great nick11:57
holycowmeans truck in eastern eu languages, right?11:58
fabbioneKamion: fehh....11:58
=== jack_wyt [n=jack@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tfheen gives back a bunch of gnome stuff on sparc
fabbioneseb128: the libgnomeui thingy did clear a bunch but not all of the sparc mess....12:03
fabbioneseb128: any idea what else might be missing?12:03
tfheenfabbione: libvte-dev seems to be uninstallable?12:03
fabbioneit's probably something that needs a kick after libgnomeui build12:03
fabbionetfheen: getting there...12:04
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@cm238.omega16.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== threestone [n=cj@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tkamppeter [i=till@nat/mandriva/x-d8466f600be48933] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittihi tkamppeter 12:09
tkamppeterhi pitti12:09
=== fabbione sighs
=== ProN00b [n=dot@pD9E3B8E1.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ProN00bwho made the share folder functionality of ubuntu ?12:11
ProN00bi suggest sharing over ftp as a feature12:12
seb128fabbione: things probably need to be kicked in the right order, libs first12:12
=== mantiena-baltix [n=svetelis@bonamens.lt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mantiena-baltixHi all12:13
fabbioneseb128: kicked as in they are FTBFS and needs to be give-back or kicked as in re-uploaded to re-build?12:14
seb128fabbione: buildd retry12:14
seb128fabbione: it looks like the issue was gnome-python12:15
tkamppeterpitti, thanks for updating CUPS, but probably we need another patch: bug 6472512:15
UbugtuMalone bug 64725 in cupsys "USB driver cannot find printers if usblp0 is disconnected" [Undecided,In progress]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6472512:15
pittitkamppeter: yes, smurf already mailed me about it12:16
seb128fabbione: 0ubuntu5 I've uploaded this morning has built on sparc now, it's probably just a matter to retry build of gedit, gnome-applets, gnome-panel, etc when it's available now12:16
pittitkamppeter: I'll review and test it today12:16
fabbioneseb128: i see...12:16
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbionetfheen: can we do a massive give-back?12:16
tfheenfabbione: I've done a bunch of those already, I'll get more during the rest of the day.12:17
fabbionetfheen: ok thanks12:17
tfheenI have to clicky-clicky through the interface. :-/12:17
fabbionetfheen: i know you love that...12:17
fabbionei am hungry.. a lot12:18
=== twilight [n=twilight@ubuntu/member/twilight] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== fabbione heads toward the fridg4
=== hunger [n=tobias@pd95b0676.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbionetfheen: libvte-dev looks installable now12:27
fabbionei need food12:27
=== lastnode [n=lastnode@unaffiliated/mahangu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-37-129.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Treenakshm, libapache2-mod-fcgid leaks memory in apache2's heap.. about 100MB/week for me.. (switching to -mod-fastcgi removes the growing behavior)12:29
=== Treenaks hops to the launchpad
tfheenTreenaks: valgrind is your friend12:30
Treenakstfheen: not on my Via C3 server12:31
=== doluu [n=duluu@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukmjg59: is usplash supposed to just not start on nvidia?12:35
dholbachtkamppeter: Hello - my sister asked me of how good the chances are to get a Lexmark Z43 working in Ubuntu - do you know anything about that?12:36
tfheenKeybuk: it segfaults ATM, iirc12:37
tfheenKeybuk: https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/usplash/+bug/5658712:38
UbugtuMalone bug 56587 in usplash "[edgy]  usplash segfaults" [Medium,Confirmed]  12:38
KamionProN00b: AFAIK, it's an upstream GNOME feature12:40
ProN00bi see12:41
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittitfheen: thanks for fixing the cdrom-checker12:43
=== zenrox [n=zenrox@pool-71-115-219-183.spknwa.dsl-w.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tfheenoh, no problem12:43
ograinfinity, any news about the arch specific package selection breakage ? my ppc-live is still 40Mb to big12:45
=== herzi [n=herzi@pD9E2B65C.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ogragrmbl, why the heck does update-manager remove xchat on every upgrade for me ...12:49
doluuwhich package contains net/errno.h file?12:51
fabbioneKeybuk, mjg59: it doesn't segfault here... 12:57
KeybukI have an odd grub feature to12:57
Keybukit prints "kernel direct mapping tables ..." on the bottom line of the screen12:57
geserdoes somebody know when uptodate Contents files will be available again on archive.ubuntu.com?12:57
fabbionegeser: they are generated daily12:58
tfheenfabbione: do you have an amd64 with nvidia?12:58
geserfabbione: http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/edgy/ shows 07-Jun-2006 as date12:58
fabbionetfheen: yes it's amd64 + nvidia, but i am running x86... i can test with livecd tho12:59
mantiena-baltixKamion, hi, could you tell me is /boot/initrd-* file, which is inside filesystem.cloop is needed in LiveCD ?12:59
fabbionegeser: feh.. that's about right12:59
=== fabbione pokes some guys around
tfheenmantiena-baltix: it's not.12:59
tfheenmantiena-baltix: but why are you using cloop?01:00
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mantiena-baltixtfheen, sorry, inside filesystem.squashfs01:00
=== nenotnom [n=christof@81-225-188-103-o285.telia.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mantiena-baltixso, if initrd file is not needed why it's inside filesystem.squashfs from official Ubuntu CD's ? ;)01:01
tfheenmantiena-baltix: anyway, it's not used by the live session.  It's used by grub after installation, though.01:01
mantiena-baltixtfheen, AFAIK initrd file is generated during installation, when you are installing with ubiquity01:01
tfheenmantiena-baltix: it could be, at least.  I don't think it is, though01:02
=== rodarvus [n=rodarvus@ubuntu/member/rodarvus] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mantiena-baltixtfheen, I think, that I should report a bug about not needed /boot/initrd* file inside filesystem.squashfs 01:03
tfheenmantiena-baltix: 01:06
mantiena-baltixKamion, you are ubiquity developer, what you think ?01:06
tfheenmantiena-baltix: *shrug*; if so, it should go on ubuntu-cdimage.  I don't see a big point in it, while it would save a bit of space on the CDs, which is good.01:06
mantiena-baltixyea, this saves about 7 Mb disk space, which is very good for example for language-support-lt ;)01:09
henowhen is final artwork freeze?01:13
henoI need to know for screenshots used in the winfoss section01:13
tfheenheno: what are your thoughts on updating onboard?01:14
henotfheen: I agree it needs an update (just replied to your mail)01:15
tfheenok, thanks.01:15
tfheenheno: r38 is fine with you?  I can do the update for you.01:15
henotfheen: if the reporter was tortoise, then that's the developer01:16
tfheenheno: tortoise_, but ok01:16
henotfheen: why not r40?01:16
tfheenheno: because he said r38?01:16
henotfheen: hm, ok. Looks like he made two updates yesterday after being here then01:17
ograheno, btw, onbioard works fine on ltsp clients ... what was the magnifier we ship ? i didnt test that one yet01:18
henor38 should be fine then01:18
henoogra: gnome-mag, powered by gnome-orca01:18
ograi'll check that one too (iirc it didnt work in wiesbaden)01:18
henoogra: it might get worse with hw-accelerated magnifiers in future01:19
ograhrm, orca doesnt use gstreamer ?01:19
henohow does ltsp deal with compiz stuff?01:19
ogranot at all01:19
henoogra: what should it use gstreamer for?01:20
ograyou dont have access to /dev/dri on the client from the users session01:20
Treenaksogra: wasn't aiglx made to be "usable" over the net?01:20
ograheno, i just had sound output when starting orca manually from console ...01:20
Treenaks(i.e. more usable than not at all)01:20
henoogra: cool! 01:21
ograTreenaks, i havent looked into that yet, might be ... but afaik you still need access to dev/dri01:21
ograheno, not really ... it comes out of the server instead of using the gstreamer-esd redirect we use in ltsp01:21
Treenaksogra: no, you need access to an X server with the GLX extension -- slight difference :)01:21
mjrTreenaks, yep01:21
=== dous [n=dous@ubuntu/member/dous] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mjr"Accelerated Indirect GLX", hence no absolute need for "Direct Rendering Interface" access01:22
Treenaksmjr: although I keep confusing XGL and GLX :)01:22
henoogra: perhaps you can file a bug on orca upstream, I'm sure they'd want to fix that01:22
tfheengnr, the onboard package should be a proper branch01:23
TheMusoheno, ogra Thats not an orca issue.01:24
TheMusoIts to do with festival/gnome-speech.01:24
henotfheen: in the 'project' or in the ubuntu archive?01:25
ograright, that might be ... *something* isnt using gstreamer here :)01:25
=== `anthony [n=anthony@220-253-55-104.VIC.netspace.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
henoTheMuso: does speech dispatcher look any better in that regard01:25
tfheenheno: the package you get when you do apt-get source onboard should, IMNHSO include the .bzr directory.01:25
TheMusoheno: In terms of offering several formats for audio output, yes.01:26
TheMusoAs it is, festival supports alsa/oss/esd afaik.01:26
TheMusoIt may also support nas. I am not sure however.01:26
ogratfheen, well, thats fine during development if you can waste the bandwith though ... but should be cleaned before releasing the final package ;)01:27
tfheenogra: why?01:27
henotfheen: ok, I'll ask Chris to fix that when he turns up01:27
tfheenheno: please also make Chris not nuke old changelog entries.01:27
ogratfheen, you dont need to bzr export all the time 01:27
tfheenogra: ... why should you ever strip the .bzr directory?01:27
henotfheen: ok, I'll send him a log of this discussion :)01:28
ogratfheen, because i dont want it in my source package ...01:28
tfheenheno: thanks.01:28
tfheenogra: you didn't answer the question.  _why_ don't you want it in there?  It makes updating the package easier and is otherwise harmless.01:28
ogratfheen, the tar.gz of ltsp is 2M big with the .bzr tree and 180k without it01:29
tfheenogra: yes, and?  Bandwidth is cheap.  The additional cost of updating a source package without a .bzr directory is much higher than the cost of downloading 1.8MB extra.01:30
ograduring development i keep the .bzr dir ... just because its one step less i have to do before uploading it ... short before release i only upload with bzr export before ...01:30
_ionlintian complains about version control directories in the source package.01:30
tfheen_ion: lintian is wrong in this particular case.01:30
=== Gerrath [n=Shane_@unaffiliated/gerrath] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tfheenogra: if you're so concerned about source package size, use a lightweigth checkout.01:31
ogratfheen, well, i dont want ltsp to be that big ... if a user wants to use bzr he/she should checkout the proper branch anyway01:31
mjg59Keybuk: On amd64?01:31
ogratfheen, do you keep CVS dirs if you have a choice not to ?01:32
tfheenogra: you _do_ know that CVS and bzr are completely different beasts, don't you?01:32
=== lastnode [n=lastnode@unaffiliated/mahangu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograright, i know ... but we're talking about version control info in both cases01:33
ografor a final released package it appears cleaner to me not to have that in the package, especially since its a lot of bloat01:34
tfheenif you think they are comparable, I suggest you look at the centralised vs decentralised RCS discussions that have been all over the net for the last couple of years.01:34
=== nenotnom [n=christof@81-225-188-103-o285.telia.com] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Leaving"]
=== agutierr [n=agutierr@154.pool80-103-135.dynamic.uni2.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
_ionWhether it's {,de}centralized is irrelevant IMHO. I'd just bzr export ../foo-0.42 and build the source package from there.01:35
agutierrHello All. I have a question about preseeds. I am using a preseed to autoinstall the system, but always installer download packages from security.ubuntu.com. Someone knows how I can set this selection to download from my local mirror? Thanks.01:36
tfheen_ion: a CVS checkout is useless on its own.  A bzr checkout isn't.01:36
_iontfheen: Yes, and still i don't consider a debian source package to be the proper place for .bzr. If a user wants to get a bzr tree, she can easily branch it from upstream or launchpad or whatever.01:38
=== tcr [n=tcr@p54A8875D.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
_ionEspecially when it causes the size of the source package to increase tenfold.01:39
tfheenbandwidth is cheap. *shrug*.01:40
Seveastfheen, not everywhere01:40
fabbionetfheen: you are a bit spoiled bw wise :P01:40
ograwell, uploading 200k or 2M *makes* a difference with my 512k uplink here01:40
ogra(its 30sec vs 10min)01:41
mjg59ogra: I think you mean 30sex vs 5min...01:41
mjg59Uh, sec01:41
_ionFor instance, the price of my GPRS service is about 1.5/1MiB IIRC. :-)01:41
=== tortoise_ [n=tortoise@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ogramjg59, lol, yes01:41
tfheenSeveas: I think saying that you have to have reasonable bandwidth to develop is reasonable.  Just like you have to have a faster machine to compile programs at a reasonable speed.01:41
ograi never stopwathed it, but its significant :)01:41
Seveastfheen, imagine all source packages converted to bzr and including a checkout01:42
Seveasarchive would explode01:42
tfheenSeveas: it'd be lovely.01:42
=== mantiena [n=svetelis@bonamens.lt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Seveasznarl would be mad at you 01:43
tfheenhe'd be happy to get more toys, I'll tell you. :-P01:43
Seveashmm, /me sees elm.o, znar.l and spad.s chasing tfheen with pitchforks because now noone wants to mirror ubuntu anymore ;) 01:44
pittiSeveas: eventually we want to drop the source packages anyway and *only* commit to a bzr branch on LP01:44
fabbionetfheen: i am not so sure our src cd publisher will like to jump from N cd's to N dvd's01:44
pittiSeveas: that'll be much more bw-efficient :)01:44
ograhello, this cabinet to your right is our new SAN for .bzr dirs :P01:44
Seveaspitti 01:44
pittiand, for that matter, I oppose .bzr in source packages, too01:44
fabbioneogra: there is already a SAN at the datacenter :) 01:44
fabbionematter of fact is that we might get the second one for bzr branches :)01:44
ografabbione, yes, i meant the second one to hold all the bzr inofs ;)01:44
Seveasfabbione, supermirror?01:44
=== tfheen shrugs and goes back to actually doing useful work.
fabbioneSeveas: the second one? yeah.. that was the rumor01:45
fabbionebut i am only speculating.. i am not in London or plan DC operations01:45
tcrMay I suggest to ship libcap-dev with the installation cd. Rationale: It may be needed to install vendor software to configure internet access, and if it isn't provided on the cd, may make the life of people quite a bit awkward.01:46
ograKeybuk, init: Re-executing /sbin/init 01:46
ograis that something i should be worried about ?01:46
ograjust appeared on my console01:47
fabbionetcr: please file a bug and explain the rationale.. including an example of vendor software that requires that.01:47
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tcrfabbione: I think it kind of sucks that I've gotta register for that.01:48
=== zul [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Treenaksfabbione: any news from the X people on my bug? :)01:51
fabbioneTreenaks: nope.. i didn't speak with them today01:52
Treenaksfabbione: hm, ok :) I'm waiting for airlied to parse my bios ;)01:53
tcrI downloaded the .deb file from http://packages.ubuntu.com/dapper/libdevel/libpcap0.8-dev, but when I try to install it on edgy it reports "Dependency is not satisfiable libpcap0.8", otoh libpcap-0.8 i.e. 0.9.4-1 was installed by default.01:55
=== carlospc [n=carlospc@146.Red-80-36-81.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mantienatfheen, still here ? I wanna talk with you about mounting hard disk partition in LiveCD - look at bugs #16356 and #34873 and #4811801:57
UbugtuMalone bug 16356 in Baltix "LiveCD does not mount hard disk partitions (yet)" [High,Confirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/1635601:57
UbugtuMalone bug 34873 in Baltix "Harddisks listed at Places and Desktop, but not mounted to /media" [Medium,Unconfirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/3487301:57
UbugtuMalone bug 48118 in Baltix "pmount should not refuse to mount nonremovable drives without fstab entry" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/4811801:57
pittimantiena: pmount should be discussed with me01:58
tfheenmantiena: yes, I'm here01:58
tcrI've got to correct myself, the version that ships with edgy is libpcap 0.9.4-2. but I can't find that on packages.ubuntu.com.01:59
tcrI could image that the -2 is part of an ubuntu internal versioning scheme, is that right? 01:59
Seveastcr, yes02:00
mantienapitti, tfheen: problem is mainly for LiveCD, but not only, because new hard disk are connected on installed systems also02:00
tcrSeveas: Is it automatically increased when going from on release to the next? 02:01
mantienapitti, tfheen02:01
=== Harti [n=Harti@unaffiliated/harti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tcrSeveas: How can I find out the changes between -1 and -2?02:01
mantienabut Live CD is almost not usefull if user can't see his data in hard disk partitions02:01
pittimantiena: that should be solved with an fstab manager, like pysdm02:01
Seveasdownload both sourcepackages and run debdiff 02:02
Kamiontfheen: ubiquity does call update-initramfs, so removing /boot/initrd* is probably ok02:02
tfheenKamion: 'k.02:02
pittimantiena: also, gnome-system-tools' disks-admin was ok for that02:02
mantienapitti, it's too hard for average users to understand this02:02
pittimantiena: we specifically do not want to give access to the fixed hard disk02:02
Kamionagutierr: preseed apt-setup/security_host02:03
pittimantiena: otherwise a normal user could pmount a system partition and put backdoors into it02:03
mantienaKamion, so, I should a bug about not needed /boot/initrd in filesystem.squashfs02:04
Kamionmantiena: that's what we just said, yes; /products/ubuntu-cdimage02:04
pittimantiena: we do not care for removable devices, since truly removable ones cannot be trusted as system partition anyway; but we do care for fixed hard disks, which might be physically protected02:04
mantienapitti, I'm not talking about normal users, who aren't in admin group02:04
agutierrthanks Kamion 02:04
mantienaKamion, ok02:04
mantienapitti, I think pmount should allow to mount non-removable partitions for users, which are in admin group (has sudo rights)02:05
pittimantiena: well, as I said in the bug trail, providing a GUI wrapper around mount would be nice02:05
pittimantiena: but not hacking this into pmount; it's the wrong place02:06
mantienapitti, gnome-vfs already does this, right ?02:06
pittimantiena: 'this' == ?02:06
mantienapitti, this == wrapper around mount02:06
pittimantiena: pmount should not make assumptions about groups02:06
pittiand checking whether an user can execute something with sudo is *very* hard (and impossible for a normal user)02:07
pittiand third, it's simply not pmount's purpose02:07
mantienapitti, but now pmount works only for users, who are in plugdev group, so it makes assumptions about groups already, right ?02:07
pittimantiena: no, pmount does not check any groups02:07
mantienapitti, ok02:07
pittimantiena: that's simply the case because it gets installed root:plugdev 475402:07
=== TMM [n=hp@ip5650d1ab.direct-adsl.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittimantiena: but, as I said, a gnome integration would still be nice, of course02:08
=== pitti -> lunch, bbl
mantienapitti, so, auto-mounting hard disk partitions in Live CD should be solved no in pmount, but in casper or somethin, right ? Last comment about mounting hard disk partition in LiveCD if from tfheen - bug #16356 02:09
UbugtuMalone bug 16356 in Baltix "LiveCD does not mount hard disk partitions (yet)" [High,Confirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/1635602:09
tfheenmantiena: yeah, it's been argued that it should be done in casper, but I just haven't had enough time to do it.02:10
mantienatfheen, I can finish this, just give me you code :)02:13
mantienatfheen, I must have LiveCD which automounts hard disk partitions in 2 days :)02:13
tfheenmantiena: I presume you know where the casper bzr tree is; just branch off that.02:14
mantienatfheen, http://people.ubuntu.com/~mdz/archives/ ?02:16
=== giftnudel [n=mb@p54A92706.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== agutierr [n=agutierr@154.pool80-103-135.dynamic.uni2.es] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== trickie [n=nick@basesoft.demon.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mvoKamion: localechooser is not using LANGUAGE anymore?02:25
mvoKamion: and LANG is now written to both /etc/environment and /etc/default/locale?02:26
Kamionmvo: what do you mean, using?02:26
Kamionlocalechooser still writes out LANGUAGE02:27
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mvoKamion: to what file/location?02:27
Kamion# We set LANGUAGE only if the languagelist is a list of02:27
Kamion# languages with alternatives. Otherwise, setting it is useless02:27
Kamionif echo "$LANGLIST" | grep -q ":"; then02:27
Kamion        echo "LANGUAGE=\"$LANGLIST\"" >> $DESTFILE02:27
Kamion        echo "LANGUAGE=\"$LANGLIST\"" >> $DESTFILE202:27
Kamionmvo: to both /etc/environment and /etc/default/locale, but see that comment02:27
mvoaha, right02:27
KamionLANG> as you say02:27
mvoKamion: so I need to change it in both files in language-selector?02:28
mvook, fixing that now02:28
Kamionit'll stop being written to /etc/environment once etch is out, I think02:28
Keybukogra: no, that shouldn't be a problem02:29
Keybukthat usually happens when upstart gets upgraded02:29
mantienatfheen, sorry, can  you tell me where is casper bzr tree and partition automount branch now ?02:30
ograKeybuk, right, i forgot that update-manager was running on another thin client ... so i saw that meassage on the servers console while working there02:30
Kamionmantiena: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/casper/trunk/02:31
=== ogra starts to note that extremely distributed working gets confusing
=== kristog [n=kristog@energ63.energ.polimi.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukogra: kill 1 does it02:32
tfheenmantiena: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/casper/trunk02:32
dholbachhey kristog02:32
seb128hi kristog!02:33
kristoghello dholbach seb128 :)02:33
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-37-129.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograpitti, pmount /dev/sda1 on console gives me a million NTFS-fs error messages (the disk is ext3)02:35
=== JanC [n=janc@lugwv/member/JanC] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukseb128: getting icon theme errors?02:42
Keybukmedia-player-48.png not found02:42
seb128Keybuk: no02:42
seb128Keybuk: ah, do you have a totem launcher on your panel or something like that?02:42
seb128the icon name and launcher changed02:44
seb128but the panel config is static, so it's not updated on upgrade02:44
seb128and still used the deprecated name02:44
Keybukoh right02:44
seb128not a lot we can do02:45
seb128we could create a compatibility symlink for that icon if we think many user have a launcher for it02:45
seb128but that's about it for edgy02:45
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseemjg59: you're known to be good with wifi cards that are supposed to be auto-recognised.  did you want to check out https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.17/+bug/60231 please?02:46
UbugtuMalone bug 60231 in linux-source-2.6.17 "wg511 pccard not loaded (regression: dapper -> edgy)" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  02:46
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tortoise_ [n=tortoise@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mjg59Hobbsee: It's not appearing in lspci, so the driver will never bind02:48
mantienatfheen, btw, maybe you can recommend some graphical bzr management tool ?02:48
=== minghua [n=minghua@danube.mems.rice.edu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseemjg59: argh, i thought it was, sorry.02:49
Treenaksbzrk? or real "I want to commit this file" GUIs?02:49
mjg59Hobbsee: dmesg shows that the card plugging is being detected, but shows no sign of the device itself appearing02:49
Hobbseemjg59: good point, i missed that.02:49
tfheenmantiena: I just use the command line02:49
mantienaI try to use bzr-gtk ;)02:50
ograwhee, evo stopped misbehaving in message deletion !02:50
=== ogra hugs dholbach
dholbachogra: it does?02:51
seb128it has been fixed with 2.8.102:51
ograi just upgraded my system02:51
=== dous [n=dous@ubuntu/member/dous] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128I've done the update and closed the bug02:51
seb128and dholbach gets the hugs, that's not fair :p02:51
ograseb128, you rock :)02:51
=== ogra un-hugs dholbach
=== seb128 hugs dholbach
=== ogra hugs seb128
dholbachwow NICE02:52
mjg59Hobbsee: 02:55
mjg59Hobbsee: http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=680102:55
Ubugtubugzilla.kernel.org bug 6801 in PCI "lspci missing my CardBus Ether card" [Normal,New]  02:55
mjg59Hobbsee: I've linked to a patch for 6023102:59
Hobbseemjg59: cool.  the guy was in -bugs, looking for help to fix it02:59
mjg59Hobbsee: pci=bios may well work around it03:00
mjg59Or pci=conf103:00
=== sivang goes back to using evo then!
=== sistpoty [n=sistpoty@ubuntu/member/sistpoty] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== shawarma is now known as shawarma_away
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-37-129.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== tortoise_ [n=tortoise@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tortoise_ [n=tortoise@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
henotortoise_: tfheen is doing a fresh upload of onboard03:13
henotortoise_: he also wanted the full bzr tree included in the source package, but the jury seems to still be out on that :)03:14
=== heno regrets starting that discussion again
henotortoise_: also, please preserve the full changelog (with old entries)03:15
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tortoise_heno: ah, ok03:16
=== pradeep [n=pradeep@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== heno reboots to work on some winfoss stuff
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-37-129.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== giftnudel [n=mb@p54A92706.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cr3 [n=marc@pdpc/supporter/bronze/cr3] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Spads_ [n=spacehob@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseemjg59: [23:32]  <drew_> Hobbsee: pci=conf1 works!!03:32
mjg59Hobbsee: Ok, cool03:33
mjg59Hobbsee: In that case, the patch should work03:33
pittiBenC: crashdump-helper patch> btw, it's relatively easy to pry out the signal number from the core dump, so in edgy+1 we can just use the upstream 'pipe' core dump pattern feature and completely drop our kernel patch03:34
BenCpitti: excellent03:34
=== threestone [n=cj@] has left #ubuntu-devel []
pittiBenC: (assuming that the pattern supports pid macros)03:35
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
BenCpitti: it should, which means you can make the pattern something like "| /usr/sbin/apport %pid %sig"03:36
BenCor whatever the replacement is03:36
tortoise_heno: uh oh, I was wrong that version still had the menu item :(03:36
pittiBenC: ah, right03:36
tortoise_I swear I took it out ages ago03:36
pittiBenC: %p and %s, indeed03:36
pittiBenC: do you happen to know if that helper is still called as root?03:37
pittiBenC: (currently we depend on it, and it would require some hackery to have it called as normal user)03:37
BenCpitti: it supports pid, uid, gid, signal, time, hostname, executable name03:37
=== givr1 [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-17-31.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittinice that apport will work on off-the-shelf upstream kernels then03:39
BenCpitti: it appears it is03:39
BenCpitti: sort of...we still need to either force core size for apport being enabled, or set it globally03:40
=== kbyrd [n=Miranda@mailout1.vmware.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiBenC: oh, the normal ulimit still applies to the piping, hmm03:40
BenCI can make it so that if corename[0]  == '|' that we ignore core size03:41
pittiwould be a possible solution, yeah03:41
pittiBenC: is there a method to set the global limit from userland?03:42
pittiBenC: i. e. it would be nice to set that limit in the same place that sets core_pattern (i. e. apport init script)03:42
pittiBenC: well, let's think about it in MV03:43
=== sfllaw [i=sfllaw@debian/developer/coleSLAW] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508DB676.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachfor everybody interested in the motu meeting, we'll start off in a minute in #ubuntu-meeting03:59
StevenKOh drat, I completly forgot about the meeting.03:59
sivangwhat is the channel for loco teams?04:01
=== sivang needs a reminder
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sfllaw [i=sfllaw@debian/developer/coleSLAW] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Tonio_pitti: may I ping you concerning this ? https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MainInclusionReportKipi-Plugins04:10
Tonio_pitti: we decided to include this during the latest kubuntu devel meeting04:11
pittiTonio_: I can process it now, but three days before RC freeze I'd be a bit hesitant with promotions and package changes04:11
Tonio_Riddell: your opinion concerning this ? can we delay to edgy+1 ?04:12
Riddellwe're not frozen yet04:13
pittiTonio_, Riddell: kipi-plugins-doc should be Arch:all04:15
Tonio_pitti: yeah I know kamion told me about that mistake (my fault)04:15
Tonio_pitti: wait second I'm reuploading a corrected version...04:15
pittiah, nice04:15
Tonio_pitti: that was on my today's todo :)04:16
Tonio_pitti: uploaded04:18
pittiTonio_: does kipi-plugins wrap imagemagick, ppmtools etc.? or is it yet another reimplementation? (these imaging libraries are so horribly prone to security issues)04:18
Tonio_pitti: it can potentially wrap imagemagik but that's optionnal04:19
Tonio_pitti: it's a self implementation in fact, and has its own features04:20
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiTonio_: it build-deps on libmagick, though04:20
=== dous [n=dous@ubuntu/member/dous] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Tonio_pitti: true yes04:20
Tonio_let me check this exactly04:20
pittiif it's only glue between kde and libmagick, this would rock, of course04:20
pittiif it's a reimplementation of algorithms, this would be a waste and also yet another source of vulnerabilities04:21
Tonio_pitti: well the binary it only recommends imagemagick04:21
dholbachWhat is the current state of -proposed? Does it work? Does it work for universe and multiverse as well?04:21
Kamiondholbach: working but restricted by policy (StableReleaseUpdates); yes; yes04:22
dholbachKamion: gracias04:22
Kamionwhether SRU applies to universe and multiverse is up to you guys; mdz said he'd like there to be at least some similar-looking process04:22
pittiTonio_: weird, why does it b-dep on libmagick then?04:22
jdongBenC: when are you going to fix my unusual_dev? :)04:23
=== Zanoi [n=zanoi@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lastnode_ [n=lastnode@unaffiliated/mahangu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
BenCjdong: Doh, I had that patch ready and forgot to apply it...I'll get it in tonight and upload04:23
Tonio_pitti: binary depends on libmagick++9c2a, you're right04:23
jdongBenC: thank you :)04:24
pittiTonio_: ah, indeed, I was looking at the wrong version04:24
=== jdong shoves shiny FC6 Preview DVD into his test box
Tonio_pitti: so the "glue between kde and libmagick" is probably the good option :)04:25
pittiTonio_: well, it's not something I'm entirely happy about at that point in the release, but I do not have a concrete point against it04:25
pittiso be it04:25
pittiTonio_: yeah, definitively04:25
Tonio_pitti: great, thanks ;)04:25
Tonio_pitti: yes, sorry for deciding this so late in the dev cycle...04:25
=== lastnode__ [n=lastnode@unaffiliated/mahangu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== shenki [n=shenki@ppp73-184.lns3.adl2.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
elmohow do you get the a CRT to turn on, when you attach it to a laptop with an i945GM in it?04:31
elmoi810switch doesn't seem to recognise the card04:31
elmo(and the hotkey doesn't DTRT either)04:31
=== MagnusR [n=magru@c83-250-59-127.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mjg59elmo: Try i855crt04:32
mjg59You may need to add the PCI ID04:33
Fujitsumjg59, yeah, I've had better (ie. working) results with i855crt and my i915.04:33
elmomjg59: gracias04:33
=== dotwaffle [i=dotwaffl@pdpc/supporter/student/dotwaffle] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@mail.ottens.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
elmobah, yeah, need PCI ID hacking - I assume that's a source thing04:35
bddebianHowdy folks04:36
dotwaffleEdgy's ACX100 driver is b0rked, is this the right channel to try and sort out getting it fixed? (I mena b0rked as in the distro, not just on my system - anyone with acx100 wireless can not use their wireless card.)04:36
mjg59dotwaffle: In what way? 04:37
dotwafflemjg59: with the acx100 plugged in, there are a few kernel messages, mostly due to missing firmware.04:37
mjg59dotwaffle: Is there an open  bug?04:37
dotwaffleyou need to include the latest version of the driver, and the firmware, for it to work.04:37
dotwafflemjg59: open? no.04:38
mjg59dotwaffle: Please open a bug, then04:38
dotwafflealthough I'm writing one now04:38
dotwafflethought i'd ask to see if it's too late for edgy first...04:38
=== jdong_ [n=jdong@d192-24-190-138.try.wideopenwest.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamionmjg59: don't we have the /bind interface now?04:40
mjg59Kamion: ?04:40
Kamionecho VVVV:DDDD > /sys/bus/foo/drivers/bar/bind04:40
mjg59Kamion: i855crt is a userspace app04:40
Kamionto make a driver bind to a PCI ID04:40
Kamionreplying to this:04:40
Kamion15:35 < elmo> bah, yeah, need PCI ID hacking - I assume that's a source thing04:40
Kamion15:36 < mjg59> Yeah04:40
KamionI mean, assuming my memory is correct, it's quicker than rebuilding the kernel04:41
mjg59Kamion: Yes - i855crt is a userspace app that writes to the hardware directly04:41
Kamionoh, I see04:41
mjg59Kamion: So it has a whitelist of IDs04:41
Kamionsorry, I thought it was talking to a kernel module04:41
mjg59Ah, ok04:41
=== jdub_ [n=jdub@home.waugh.id.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
elmogod damn I hate gcc's insane "LALA UTF-8 quote characters, ENJOY"04:45
_ionWhat's the problem?04:46
=== nags [n=nags@dhcp-admin-207.media.mit.edu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamionisn't that what the @quot locale thing is for?04:46
thom_ion: "array subscript has type char "04:46
Kamiongettext automatically generates an en@quot.po without those04:46
thomKamion: oh really?04:47
_ionAre your terminal's settings or locale settings wrong?04:47
Kamiongcc may not ship that locale though04:47
thomhrm, i may just hack buildbot to DTRT04:47
=== glatzor [n=sebi@ppp-88-217-2-173.dynamic.mnet-online.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamion$ LANG=en_GB@quot.UTF-8 gcc -Wall -O2 t.c -o t04:48
Kamiont.c: In function 'main':04:48
Kamiont.c:5: warning: array subscript has type 'char'04:48
Kamionelmo,thom: ^---04:49
thomshiny, thanks04:49
=== elmo idly wonders why strstr("0000:00:02.0 0300: 8086:27a2 (rev 03)", "8086:27a2") is not doing what I want
=== phanatic_ [n=phanatic@dsl54009F59.pool.t-online.hu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== phanatic_ is now known as phanatic
=== twilight_ [n=twilight@ubuntu/member/twilight] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lbm [n=lbm@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
elmo                (p = strstr(*buff_ptr, I810_IGSTR)) != NULL ||04:53
elmo                (p = strstr(*buff_ptr, I810_CFCSTR)) != NULL;04:53
elmo                (p = strstr(*buff_ptr, I830STR)) != NULL ||04:53
elmoquick, spot the typo!04:53
giftnudelI found it, I found it!!! ;)04:54
elmomjg59: this works, but, rawpipe mode doesn't give the full size screen, and chosing a mode (e.g. 1024x768@70) resulted in an extremely corrupt display - any other ideas?04:54
thomelmo: does this mean you have a real laptop now? ;-)04:55
=== herzi [n=herzi@pD9E2B65C.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
elmothom: no, it means I'm designated tech support04:55
=== whiprush [n=jorge@wireless-135.media.mit.edu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tfheenif this happens to be a thinkpad, I've had better success poking /proc/acpi/ibm/video04:56
elmotfheen: it is - poke it how?04:57
tfheenelmo: cat the file, it should be fairly self-explanatory.04:57
thomelmo: oh yum04:57
tfheentypically, you do echo crt_enable > /proc/acpi/ibm/video to turn the crt on04:57
elmoyeah, not so much04:58
elmo# echo crt_enable > /proc/acpi/ibm/video ; grep ^crt /proc/acpi/ibm/video 04:58
elmocrt:            disabled04:58
tfheenit might have gotten confused after i855crt frobbed it or the module might not like the machine.04:59
=== TMM [n=hp@ip5650d1ab.direct-adsl.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sivangah, ops05:00
=== `anthony [n=anthony@220-253-44-182.VIC.netspace.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
iwjtfheen: Can I have a UVF exception for new upstream Firefox rc2 please ?05:03
=== jdub [n=jdub@home.waugh.id.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograiwj, i dont think tollef does UVF exceptions 05:04
jdong_ooh, FF2RC2... shiny... must ... have....05:04
iwjogra: The wiki agrees with you.05:06
tfheeniwj: please talk to Kamion or mdz.05:06
iwjtfheen: Emailing them now, thanks.05:06
tfheenI guess I should be added to the list of people who can do UVFs, but I'm not there now, so better to follow the established process.05:06
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@host-213-189-171-21.brutele.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== heno [n=henrik@ti200720a080-5602.bb.online.no] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pradeep [n=pradeep@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
UbugtuMalone bug 17659 in i855-crt "[i855-crt]  no i915" [Wishlist,Rejected]  05:12
=== brivio_ [n=kristog@energ63.energ.polimi.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dotwaffleOh deary me... "Jesus WEPed but Chuck Norris WPAd!" That barely even makes sense!05:15
jdong_dotwaffle: ??05:15
dotwafflecrappy gamers thinking they're funny by making Chuck Norris jokes.05:16
=== jdong_ thought Chuck Norris would use OpenSSH tun VPN....
=== Harti [n=Harti@unaffiliated/harti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jono [n=jono@88-107-14-218.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dotwaffleChuck Norris doesn't need security. His data packets assault anything that gets in the way of their destionation.05:17
azeemdotwaffle: this is off-topic here05:18
dotwafflewe had a topic?05:18
dotwaffleI just realised, this isn't #lugradio05:18
dotwafflesorry, my fault.05:18
jdong_no.. this isn't nearly as entertaining as lugradio.....05:19
dotwaffleI'll /part in case it happens again ;)05:19
=== dotwaffle [i=dotwaffl@pdpc/supporter/student/dotwaffle] has left #ubuntu-devel []
Hobbseehow odd :P05:19
jdong_pffft... chuck norris would still use openssh....05:19
jdong_Hobbsee: you mean it'd be on-topic in #kubuntu-devel? :D05:20
=== twilight_ is now known as twilight
Hobbseejdong_: no, it'd still be offtopic there. 05:20
jdong_oh yeah, that reminds me05:21
=== jdong_ goes on to #k-d to drive-by a bug report
=== Hobbsee retaliates.
StevenKjdong_: is that: /j ; *BANG* ; /part ?05:23
jdong_StevenK: something like that :)05:23
HobbseeStevenK: more or less.  05:23
doko_infinity, Kamion: looking for the openoffice.org 2.0.4~rc3-0ubuntu3 binaries, not in the archive, not in the queue, build finished 5h ago05:23
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has joined #ubuntu-devel
giftnudeldoko_ how can you possibly loose them, they are quite big ;)05:24
jdong_who does linux-restricted-modules?05:26
jdong_i'd like to talk to him about a UVFe for fglrx05:27
jdong_8.29 restores XVideo acceleration for AVIVO and Xorg 7.105:27
=== quail [n=quail@unaffiliated/quaillinux/x-000001] has joined #ubuntu-devel
shenki\sh_away: are you really away?05:30
=== shenki is 5 minutes late
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-devel
infinitydoko_: Looking.05:38
=== mbiebl [n=michael@dslb-084-056-221-192.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
infinitydoko_: 05:41
infinity09:34:12 INFO    Rejected:05:41
infinity09:34:12 INFO    openoffice.org-common_2.0.4~rc3-0ubuntu3_all.deb: deb contents timestamp check fail05:41
infinityed [exceptions.SystemError: E:Cannot find chunk data.tar.gz] 05:41
=== infinity blinks.
infinityLet me, uhm, try that again.05:42
=== funman_ [n=fun@AToulouse-157-1-146-157.w86-221.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
infinityFails the same way on the second go..05:45
StevenKinfinity: Could it be a data.tar.bz2?05:46
infinityStevenK: It is indeed, but we have dozens of those in the archive.05:46
=== infinity goes to poke Team Soyuz.
doko_infinity, StevenK: it's bzip2 compressed05:48
infinitydoko_: I know, I tore it apart with ar just now.05:48
infinityTeam Soyuz is on the job.05:48
infinitydoko_: I'll reprocess the upload when the bug is found..05:49
infinitymvo: Around?05:50
=== apokryphos [n=apokryph@87-194-86-227.bethere.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mvoinfinity: yes05:51
infinitymvo: The above error string comes from python-apt.05:51
infinitymvo: Looks like our upgrading python-apt on drescher made bz2 deb handling explode.05:51
mvoinfinity: *ick* what does the code look like that deals with bz2?05:52
infinityI have no idea what's calling that.05:52
mvoinfinity: it shouldn't have changed, but dreshers python-apt was very old, wasn't it?05:52
infinityCare to join ##soyuz1.0 and trace it with malcc?05:52
infinitydrescher was runniing hoary's python-apt until just now (edgy's backported now)05:52
infinityWell, "just now" being "a few days ago".05:53
mjg59ogra: Have you done anything about the g-p-m issue?05:55
elmook, so, like who tested edgy beta on powerpc?05:57
elmoand with what?05:57
=== dholbach_ [n=daniel@i577B0D77.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
KamionI sort of cowboy-tested it05:58
Kamionwhat's failing?05:58
elmoKamion: X ;-P05:58
Kamionwasn't that badly broken for me05:58
elmoKamion: on both an Xserve and the shinybook in the office05:58
elmoanyone object to me milestoning the relevant bug?05:59
infinitydoko_: All better now.06:02
infinitydoko_: Thanks for the heads-up.06:03
doko_infinity: do you still plan with subversion1.4 for edgy?06:03
dholbachmjg59: hello - the changelog of bluez-utils 3.1-1ubuntu3 mentions 'Fix discoverability of host' - do you remember what you changed? would it make sense to add piscan somewhere? bug 59222 has quite a few people who are confused by not being able to discover the computer06:03
UbugtuMalone bug 59222 in bluez-utils "Computer isn't discoverable" [High,Confirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/5922206:03
infinitydoko_: "plan" may be a strong word, but if you bug me about it in /msg after I go to bed (in a few minutes), I'll poke mdz about it in the morning and see if he thinks it's too scary.06:04
BenCcan someone approve linux-source-2.6.15 in dapper-proposed please?06:06
mjg59dholbach: I backported some bits from 3.2 to 3.1. If that doesn't work, the sensible thing to do is to bump the version to the latest upstream.06:06
dholbachmjg59: the changes are pretty large - I'm not sure Matt will like the changes before Edgy release :-/06:07
dholbachdebian has 3.7 now, I'll try with them06:08
mjg59dholbach: The version we have is an utter crock of shit, really06:10
dholbachmjg59: seems I still have to run    hciconfig hci0 piscan06:10
=== mbiebl [n=michael@dslb-084-056-221-192.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukmjg59: I have the usplash 100% spin bug, apparently06:12
=== _lemsx1_ [n=lemsx1@p86-65.acedsl.com] has left #ubuntu-devel []
mjg59Keybuk: On what hardware?06:14
=== hunger [n=tobias@pd95b0676.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-65-221.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbioneelmo: yeah.. ati driver was broken on PPC for beta.. i fixed it afterwards06:28
fabbioneelmo: specifically the UseFBDev option06:28
fabbioneelmo: it should be all good now06:28
=== ColiFato [n=ColiFato@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ColiFatohi all06:28
ColiFatosorry people.. but i dont know if i can ask a question here about load balancing in ubuntu06:29
=== apokryphos [n=apokryph@87-194-86-227.bethere.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ColiFatoi can do load balancing of 2 internet connections.. one of 300 kbps and another of 128 kbps (download off course) and then download at 400 kbps for giv a number06:31
dholbachmjg59: with bluez-gnome's bt-applet (just in debian), I was able to pair (with bluez suite 3.7), sending files from the phone to the box still does not work either - I'll have a look later on06:31
fabbioneelmo: added comment on the bug.06:31
_ioncolifato: See topic.06:31
dholbachColiFato: that's more a question for #ubuntu or #ubuntu+106:31
elmofabbione: thanks, I'm downloading a daily live now06:31
ColiFatook thanxs06:31
=== ColiFato [n=ColiFato@] has left #ubuntu-devel []
fabbioneelmo: lovely. i am going offline to spend sometime with my son. I guess there is no chance to get ssh access to the xserver in case it still doesn't work?06:32
fabbioneelmo: upstream has been very active with us to fix stuff06:32
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittimvo: I'm currently looking at the list of open edgy bugs; is there still info required for bug 59079? (It seems not?)06:35
UbugtuMalone bug 59079 in gksu "Edgy uses gksu instead of gksudo (gconf schema not registed)" [Medium,Needs info]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/5907906:35
mvopitti: no, no user info. clue why this happens is required ,)06:35
pittimvo: the schema default is true?06:36
mvopitti: yes, the problem is that some people seem to not get a schema at all06:36
=== wasabi_ [n=wasabi@ubuntu/member/wasabi] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mvopitti: we could hack around this in gksu, but finding/fixing the real issue would be better06:37
pittimvo: hm, my current gksu package does not have any schema either06:37
mvopitti: libgksu1.9 has it now06:37
elmofabbione: hmm?  davis is an example of the xserve in question06:37
pittimvo: ah, /usr/share/gconf/schemas/gksu.schemas from libgksu2-006:38
mvopitti: yep. the postinsts look correct etc. I was not able myself to reproduce it. and no upgrade logs from someone who had the problem06:38
pittimvo: does ~/.gconf allow you to delete a key?06:39
mvopitti: maybe something evil in the upgrade ordering - just speculating - it might be that for a certain amount of time gconf is not fully working 06:39
fabbioneelmo: i mean get ssh access when running the livecd and to be able to debug the ati driver if the bug is there06:39
mvopitti: I don't know, maybe seb'gconf-master'128 might know. seb128?06:39
pittimvo: but that bug report was apparently about *after* the dist-upgrade06:40
mvopitti: yes, people upgrade and the schema is no longer registered06:40
pittimvo: it would be very weird to entirely remove keys locally06:40
=== loo [n=manuel@85-124-207-199.dynamic.xdsl-line.inode.at] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbioneelmo: i will sort of need root power to restart X and change config or gather debugging info... stuff *just* like that..06:40
pittimvo: oh, there is another db of available schemas? it doesn't just loko in /usr/share/gconf?06:40
mvopitti: they must be registered to be usable AFAIK, its not enough to have them in this path06:41
elmofabbione: yeah, that's not very viable ATM, sorry - I'll see what daily's like on this powerbook first, and then get someone to try the Xserve tomorrow06:41
pittimvo: ah, well, that points to a likely point of failure06:41
fabbioneelmo: ok thanks.06:42
mvopitti: yes, definitely. now we only need to figure out why register sometimes fails06:42
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== thom hugs pitti for the new sudo upload
pittithom: does that happen to you a lot? (to me it does...)06:42
thompitti: all the time - mostly i try to run sudo as the wrong user06:43
jdongoh sweet!06:43
=== jdong hugs pitti, too, after reading changelog
=== fabbione takes off
pittithom: heh, for me it's 'sudo apt-get install <make_a_typo>' and the like06:43
Kamionthere is actually a small amount of information to be gained from that06:44
LaserJockjono: got a sec?06:44
Kamionnamely that you were asked for a password (i.e. that command isn't NOPASSWD)06:44
Kamionbut it's probably not too big a deal06:45
pittiKamion: hm, but AFAICS the issue is mainly about disclosing information that would help you for brute-force speedups, but you have a point06:45
pittiKamion: however, both 'empty string+enter' and 'Control-C' are logged in auth.log, so I wasn't concerned06:46
=== zul [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jonoLaserJock, yep06:47
sivangtfheen: had a chance to take a look at the changlog entry I've sent you for moin?06:48
=== bronson [n=bronson@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128mvo: pong06:51
seb128pitti: no, gconf doesn't allow to delete a key06:51
=== rouzic [n=rouzic@187.Red-83-39-21.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128pitti: if there is no user config the schemas is used06:51
pittiseb128: ok, thanks; then it seems the file becomes unregistered in the dist-upgrade process06:52
pittiseb128: update-desktop-database is responsible for registering?06:52
seb128pitti: we already have bug #50150 about weird errors like that06:53
UbugtuMalone bug 50150 in metacity-themes "Configuration editor reports that no schema can be found since latest dapper updates" [Undecided,Rejected]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/5015006:53
mvopitti: it unregisters the old schemas automatically in the prerm rule06:53
seb128pitti: no, update-desktop-database is for .desktop06:53
mvopitti: via gconf-schemas --unregister06:53
=== pygi [n=ircont9k@cpe-075-176-157-107.sc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pygisivang: ping!!!!06:53
mvopitti: dh_gconf adds this automatically to the maintainer scripts06:53
seb128pitti: dh_gconf makes the snippets and gconf-schemas (which is a wrapper around gconftool-2) does the registration06:53
pittiah, thanks06:54
pittiI don't want to step on your toes, it's just interesting me06:54
seb128I'm not sure if there is some sort of weird bug happening to few people06:54
seb128or if the few case can be hard drive issue or something06:54
mvomy current theory is that something happens when a new gconf is unpacked but not configured yet 06:54
pygihey pitti, seb128 06:54
seb128like not sure if that's a gconf bug or just the system not being robust to transitional issues on upgrade06:54
pittihi pygi 06:55
=== shackan [n=shackan@85-18-14-13.fastres.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128hi pygi06:55
seb128not easy to get datas on that06:55
seb128we would need to log all the gconf registration for everybody to have some luck and get a log of somebody having the issue06:55
mvoseb128, pitti: similar to the problem that we had with pango for the breezy->dapper upgrade06:55
seb128because usually reinstalling the package works fine for those people06:55
seb128mvo: no, the pango issue we had a clear understanding of the issue06:56
mvoseb128: or a useful terminal log of a upgrade and *might* contain a error message or something06:56
mvoseb128: not at first (at least I hadn't :)06:56
=== thekorn [n=markus@a81-14-164-191.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128but postinst does the registration06:56
seb128it's not supposed to be able to fail without breaking the postinst06:57
seb128and there is nothing supposed to run after the postinst touching the schemas neither06:57
mvoseb128: does the schema registration require a runing gconfd-2 ?06:58
mvoto work?06:58
seb128I'm not sure06:58
seb128gconfd-2 is spawned when required06:58
seb128and doesn't need a running xorg06:58
seb128let me try to run the binary away :p06:58
sivangpygi: you made it ! :)06:59
pygisivang: ergh, yes!!!06:59
pygipm if you can read it, gotta run soon :)06:59
sivangpygi: where you are in anyways? on the moon?06:59
pygisivang: kind of :)06:59
seb128mvo, pitti: I would not consider that "some people have schemas not registred" an edgy blocker, we already had such bugs before dapper07:00
seb128there is really few of them07:00
seb128would be nice to fix but not a blocker07:00
pittiseb128: I agree, as long as we do the h4ck1sh workaround for gksu07:01
pittisince breaking gksudo can lock out people completly from their boxes07:01
mvoseb128: when it happens for gksu it makes the system no longer usable for "normal" users, if we don't find anything I would rather want to add a hacky workaround than to leave it open07:01
seb128mvo: what is the workaround about?07:01
=== pitti hugs mvo for being in perfect opinion sync :)
pittiseb128: default to true if the value is empty07:02
=== mvo hugs pitti
seb128ah, I'm fine with that07:02
seb128it doesn't hurt07:02
=== mvo agrees again with pitti
mvoseb128: the only "trouble" is that there is no "gconf_get_bool_with_default()"07:02
pittiyeah, it's just like hardcoding the schema :)07:02
mvoso it will be 1) test_key 2) use default if not found 07:02
pittimvo: hm, but gconftool has to figure out the null value somehow?07:02
mvobut not a real issue07:02
pittiah, ok07:03
mvopitti: there is a test-for-key07:03
mvobut when gconf_get_bool() returns false07:03
mvoyou don't know why07:03
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mvo hacks it into libgksu2 now so that we have it for edgy
seb128mvo: what do you mean?07:05
pittiseb128: 'false' can mean 'key found, value false' or 'key not present'07:06
=== orkid__ [n=orkid__@bas1-barrie18-1242377856.dsl.bell.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givr1 [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-5-246.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jamesh [n=james@203-59-208-48.dyn.iinet.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128pitti: there is gconf_client_get_without_default() and gconf_client_get_default_from_schema()07:07
=== pounk [n=pounk@142-217-81-161.telebecinternet.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
elmorah so much hate07:07
=== janimo [n=jani@Home03207.cluj.astral.ro] has joined #ubuntu-devel
janimoseb128: thanks for the python-extras upload :)07:08
seb128janimo: np07:08
elmotfheen/mjg59: ACPI doesn't work even after a reboot, crt_enable just doesn't. i855crt 'works' in as much as a visible copy of the screen is displayed on the monitor, but the colours are all SNAFU and the mouse isn't visible07:09
elmoeither of you (or anyone) got any other ideas how I can get this damn Thinkpad to talk to a monitor?07:09
mjg59elmo: What model?07:09
elmoah, google suggests fucking with xorg.conf07:10
mjg59What bit depth is it configurd to?07:10
mjg59You can fuck with xorg.conf, but you'll be stuck with the CRT output powered at all times07:10
=== TerminX [n=terminx@polymer.plagman.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mjg59Try 16, though it's a bit of a long shot07:10
elmomjg59: what's the implications of that - just battery life?07:10
elmo(CRT output powered at all times)07:11
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128mvo: no, no need of a running gconfd-207:11
mjg59elmo: Yeah07:12
=== Fjodor [n=sune@0x55510b65.adsl.cybercity.dk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
elmomjg59: any idea how much?07:13
Keybukmjg59: amd64 nvidia 07:13
mjg59elmo: Not really07:14
mjg59Keybuk: x86emu exploding07:14
=== pygi [n=ircont9k@cpe-075-176-157-107.sc.res.rr.com] has left #ubuntu-devel []
Keybukmjg59: you run usplash under x86emu?07:14
hungerelmo: Why don't you do a special xorg config for giving presentations? You can then start an extra xserver with that when you need it.07:14
mvoseb128: thanks for verifiying, that destroies my nice theory07:14
mjg59Keybuk: How else are you going to do vesa on amd64?07:14
seb128mvo: np07:15
Keybukno idea, can't it do it?07:15
Keybukis there any debugging I can usefully do?07:15
mjg59Keybuk: You need to make real-mode bios calls. amd64 kernel doesn't have vm86 mode.07:15
elmook, he has 7 hours battery life07:15
elmoI don't think he cares07:15
=== Arrogance [n=aks@ottawa-hs-209-217-119-60.d-ip.magma.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mjg59Tollef's been looking at it today07:15
Keybukmjg59: I see07:15
Keybukwhat broke it?  x86emu update?  usplash using svgalib?07:16
mjg59It's never worked07:16
sladenhunger: just an extra ServerLayout is needed07:16
mjg59Other than via the framebuffer interface07:16
Keybukoh, I usee07:17
Keybukso the bogl stuff worked07:17
Keybukbut the svgalib stuff doesn't?07:17
KeybukI guess the emergency "oh well" is to just use bogl on that hardware?07:17
mjg59Now in theory, this should work fine07:17
mjg59Since the vesa driver runs happily on amd6407:17
mjg59But there's clearly a problem of some sort, and it's awkward to track down07:17
elmomjg59: ok, worked perfectly after adding relevant 3 lines to xorg.conf, thanks07:18
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mbiebl [n=michael@dslb-084-056-221-192.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mvoseb128, pitti: http://people.ubuntu.com/~mvo/tmp/15_extra_paranoia_for_gconf.diff.patch <- does that look ok?07:21
pittimvo: looks as if exactly fixes the corner case condition07:22
mvopitti: thanks!07:25
=== Seveas [n=seveas@ubuntu/member/seveas] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128mvo: looks fine to me too07:30
=== seb128 hugs mvo pitti
=== mvo hugs seb128 pitti
=== shackan [n=shackan@85-18-14-13.fastres.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
elmois there any other way to fix the CMOS clock on a powerpc?  hwclock isn't working anymore (no rtc)07:32
pittiseb128: d'oh - gnome-sound-properties neither uses gconf nor .asoundrc nor .gstreamer-0.10/registry.xml; Where the heck does it save its settings?07:35
pittiseb128: oh, it does use gconf, gconfd just didn't write back the changes; nevermind, sorry07:37
janimomjg59:do you think the usplash can do soemthing to break resume from suspend for a radeon? If I boot w/o usplash it works fine07:39
=== edoardo [n=edoardo@adsl203-148-027.mclink.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
edoardohi everyone!07:40
edoardoyou guys07:40
edoardoi've downloaded ubuntu-6.06.1-desktop-i386.iso... on my hd it's a 1.4g file, i burned it to a dvd... but the dvd won't boot! so i've loop mounted the iso... and it's seven hundred megs! how come? help!07:40
=== pvanhoof [n=pvanhoof@d54C18260.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachedoardo: please try rather #ubuntu or #ubuntu+107:41
sladenjanimo: very likely, svgalib is doing tinkering07:41
_ionPerhaps you somehow concatenated two images to a single file.07:41
dholbachhi _ion07:41
_ionHi dholbach07:41
edoardoover ther discussions tend not to be technical07:41
edoardocome on you guys! i wrote a package that's part of universe! : ) help me out!07:42
dholbachedoardo: this is a channel about development of ubuntu07:42
=== mbiebl [n=michael@dslb-084-056-221-192.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiedoardo: sounds like a bad download, really07:42
edoardopitti uh, awright. i'll try and download it again then07:43
edoardothankyou pitti!07:43
dholbachbye edoardo :)07:43
edoardobyebye everyone! use audio-convert! : )07:43
edoardoaudio-convert kicks ass! byebye everyone! and thankyou! : )07:44
=== edoardo [n=edoardo@adsl203-148-027.mclink.it] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== KaiL [n=KaiL@p548F636F.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== shawarma_away is now known as shawarma
janimoogra: ping07:52
=== Keybuk [n=scott@syndicate.netsplit.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== janimo [n=jani@Home03207.cluj.astral.ro] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== Nafallo [n=nafallo@ubuntu/member/nafallo] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Lmnar"]
elmohuh, what - how did avahi-daemon become an installed by default?08:07
sivangIIRC it was planned for it to be there by default :)08:08
=== sivang recalls some discussions with Lathiat about the fact that there needs to be some way to enable or disable it from GUI
mvoelmo: its installed, but not enabled, right?08:12
elmonot sure, I just saw it being pulled in as part of a dist-upgrade08:12
elmoI suspect/hope libnss-mdns isn't enabled at least08:12
=== AstralJava [n=jaska@cm-083-102-068-117.lohjanpuhelin.fi] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-81-175.w86-205.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lloydinho [n=andreas@host81-159-84-6.range81-159.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kristog [n=kristog@energ63.energ.polimi.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nags [n=nags@dhcp-admin-207.media.mit.edu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== AlinuxOS [n=alinux@d83-176-122-17.cust.tele2.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== FliesLikeABrick [n=Ryan@about/rpi/rawdor] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== AlinuxOS [n=alinux@d83-176-122-17.cust.tele2.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== AlinuxOS [n=alinux@d83-176-122-17.cust.tele2.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rodarvus [n=rodarvus@ubuntu/member/rodarvus] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== heno [n=henrik@ti200720a080-1031.bb.online.no] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mc44 [n=mark@ip-81-170-97-35.cust.homechoice.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givr1 [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-47-69.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-61-82.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== imbrandon_ [n=imbrando@CPE-72-135-8-5.kc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sabdflis the python2.5 dep of python-gnome2 a known issue?09:21
=== LaserJock resists a "Go look at LP" comment ;-)
mvosabdfl: AFAIK yes, I'm looking for the bugnumber now09:22
seb128sabdfl: I thought I fixed it, looking if the update built09:26
=== cr3 [n=marc@pdpc/supporter/bronze/cr3] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128hum, in fact I fixed it for pygtk, fixing it for gnome-python now09:27
=== thesaltydog [n=fabio@ubuntu/member/thesaltydog] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sabdflthanks seb128 :-)09:34
=== giftnudel [n=mb@p54A92706.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rodarvus [n=rodarvus@ubuntu/member/rodarvus] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== milli [n=milli@phantom.acmeps.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Tonio_Kamion, Keybuk: pitti approved kipi-plugins main inclusion report and I seeded it today, since it was decided to add it to kubuntu-desktop. Any chance to get the package to main today or tomorrow ?09:51
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdongcould a core-dev look at  bug 57872 for me10:04
UbugtuMalone bug 57872 in gnome-power "regression: pressing power button no longer brings up logout dialog" [Unknown,Unconfirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/5787210:04
jdongI attached a proposed fix, people who tried it say that it works well10:04
KamionTonio_: ok, I'll have a look10:09
=== Spads [n=spacehob@host-84-9-51-159.bulldogdsl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Tonio_Kamion: thanks10:11
KamionTonio_: done10:11
Tonio_Kamion: perfect, thanks a lot10:12
=== shackan [n=shackan@85-18-14-13.fastres.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tucoz [n=martin@rockbox/developer/tucoz] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tucoz [n=martin@rockbox/developer/tucoz] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Leaving"]
mdke_Kamion: got a mo?10:26
Kamionmdke_: yeah10:31
mdke_Kamion: I'm trying to figure out how to use buildweb.sh in installation-guide to build more than one arch, but can't. Do you know off-hand?10:32
=== bmon [n=monnahan@210.Red-83-39-143.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamionmdke_: looks like this should do it:10:34
Kamionarchitectures='amd64 hppa i386 ia64 powerpc sparc' ./buildweb.sh10:34
Kamionmdke_: or we could just change buildweb.sh to build only the Ubuntu architectures by default10:34
AlinuxOSmjg59, ping10:35
mdke_Kamion: which archs should I build?10:35
mdke_those you've listed?10:36
=== shackan [n=shackan@85-18-14-13.fastres.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdke_Kamion: that command still just seems to build one arch for me, I wonder if I've broken the script somehow. I've made very few changes tho10:38
AlinuxOSmjg59, https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts/+bug/55966/comments/13 unic thing that remains to solve for Georgian (in Edgy).10:38
UbugtuMalone bug 55966 in ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts "ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts.conf problem." [Undecided,Confirmed]  10:38
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-8-56.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Antiliis [n=A@84-122-158-196.onocable.ono.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== robertj_ [n=robertj@66-168-209-251.dhcp.athn.ga.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamionmdke_: try it with 'sh -x ./buildweb.sh' to see if it's bailing out somewhere in the middle10:43
Kamionmdke_: yes, the architectures I listed are the Ubuntu ones. actually you could drop hppa if you're building for edgy10:44
mdke_Kamion: I'll pastebin the output10:45
mdke_Kamion: http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/26099/10:48
Kamionseb128: why doesn't python-gnome2-extras depend on the new python-gtkhtml2? not doing so seems like it'll break upgrades10:50
Kamionor at least cause the gtkhtml module to go missing on upgrades10:51
=== dr_kabuto [n=franky@host95-2-static.104-80-b.business.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamionmdke_: apt-get build-dep installation-guide10:52
Kamionmdke_: in this case it wants you to install gs-common10:53
Kamionbut you'd probably better grab the lot10:53
mdke_Kamion: for the arches? I'm not bothered about the pdf, tbh10:54
seb128Kamion: because I overlooked the patch sent by janimo :/10:54
Kamionmdke_: then set formats='html txt' in the environment10:55
seb128Kamion: fixing now10:55
Kamionit's html pdf txt by default10:55
Kamionseb128: thanks10:55
KamionI NEWed it a moment ago, so the new version should sail on through10:55
seb128thank you for pointing it10:55
mdke_Kamion: yes, I saw that error, but didn't think it was relevant to just one arch being built10:56
=== Huahua [n=hua_@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamionmvo: re bug 61684, you say that the alternate installer needs to be modified. However, the alternate installer uses aptitude install ~tubuntu-desktop (etc.), not apt-get install ubuntu-desktop. Does your statement still stand?10:56
UbugtuMalone bug 61684 in portmap "Removing any u-desktop depdencency marks all other packages for auto-removal (on alternate install)" [Undecided,Rejected]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6168410:56
Kamionmdke_: buildweb.sh is set -e, so it bails out on any error10:56
Kamionlike most sensible shell scripts10:57
mdke_Kamion: oh, I see. Sorry, I'm not familiar with shell scripts10:57
Kamionset -e means that commands that exit non-zero cause the whole script to terminate, unless they're "caught" (by 'if', '&&', '||', or constructs like that)10:58
Kamionit basically turns on a simple form of exception handling :-)10:58
mdke_so I do formats='html txt' architectures='amd64 hppa i386 ia64 powerpc sparc' ./buildweb.sh10:58
Kamionsounds right10:58
mdke_ahh, yeah :)10:58
Kamionset destination=/wherever if you want it to be somewhere other than /tmp/manual10:59
imbrandonKamion, can you do a giveback rebuild ?11:00
Kamionimbrandon: no - I'm not in the launchpad-buildd-admins team11:00
mvoKamion: I think it does, because when I tested it for the beta all dependencies of ubuntu-desktop were marked auto-installed. 11:00
imbrandonKamion, ahh ok11:00
Kamionmvo: ok, I can change the installer then, but can we fix aptitude too?11:00
=== imbrandon looks arround for someone that is
=== Antiliis [n=A@84-122-158-196.onocable.ono.com] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Leaving"]
=== RicardoPerez [n=A@84-122-158-196.onocable.ono.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mvoKamion: I can look at aptitude first thing in the morning. If we fix that, we don't need to fix the installer (I guess)11:03
Kamionmvo: either works - tasksel isn't too hard to change11:04
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508DB676.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
AlinuxOSKamion, when is the debian-installer translation dead-line date ?11:06
KamionAlinuxOS: it's marked on EdgyReleaseSchedule (non-language-pack translations)11:07
mvoKamion: right, I think I remember the problem now. aptitude ~t goes over the tasks and finds that ubuntu-desktop is part of the task and selects it for install. this means that all (not-yet-marked-for-install) dependencies of ubuntu-desktop get marked for (auto)install11:07
Kamionmvo: oh, ugh11:07
KamionAlinuxOS: guess I'd better send a quick note to ubuntu-translators@11:07
=== johanbr [n=j@d154-20-238-192.bchsia.telus.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
AlinuxOSKamion, great11:09
=== mvo checks his aptitude theory
AlinuxOSI've another 200 string to do for debian-installer ! So great to know the deadline date.11:10
KamionAlinuxOS: note that many of them (particularly the later ones) are unlikely to actually be incorporated, because there are 50+ component packages and I don't upload all of them at this point for translation updates11:11
KamionAlinuxOS: those that are in ubiquity itself, I'll certainly import11:11
AlinuxOSKamion, I hope that suspended https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts/+bug/55966/comments/13 will soved too.11:11
UbugtuMalone bug 55966 in ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts "ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts.conf problem." [Undecided,Confirmed]  11:11
Kamionbut for the rest, your best bet is to get the translations into Debian11:11
KamionAlinuxOS: 55966 is nothing to do with me11:11
AlinuxOSKamion, After debian-installer what chould I do ? Is there something non language pack pacakge11:11
AlinuxOSsomething linked with debian-installer ?11:12
Kamiongfxboot-theme-ubuntu too11:12
Kamionalso ubiquity/+translations for ubiquity's desktop file11:12
Kamionand note that debian-installer has two templates, the other of which is the boot menu help files11:12
KamionAlinuxOS: ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts 0.3 failed to build from source; see http://librarian.launchpad.net/4710114/buildlog_ubuntu-edgy-i386.ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts_0.3_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz11:13
Kamioncp: cannot stat `./debian/ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts.conf': No such file or directory11:13
AlinuxOSKamion, gfxboot-theme-ubuntu is done... Ubiquity ?11:13
Kamionyou can check for yourself :) I just incorporated all the pending translations into ubiquity 1.1.3011:14
AlinuxOSKamion, ok. I'll do it.11:14
AlinuxOSmjg59, Hello, maybe here ? ;)11:15
mvoKamion: I think changing the installer would be a good option for now, I will look at aptitutde tomorrow, but I don't know yet how hard/easy it will be 11:15
=== mvo goes to bed
Kamionmvo: ok11:15
AlinuxOSKamion, thank you for infos!11:15
Kamionyou're welcome11:15
=== Mirrado [n=Mirrado@20150100017.user.veloxzone.com.br] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kamiongood good, my big pile of changes to make usplash detect resolution correctly on initial d-i installs worked11:16
=== Mirrado [n=Mirrado@20150100017.user.veloxzone.com.br] has left #ubuntu-devel []
Kamion... apparently I can't post to ubuntu-translators@11:16
mdke_I can moderate it11:17
mdke_oh no I can't, we made it subscriber only...11:17
Kamionoh, sigh11:17
Kamionif I bounced the message to you, could you forward it for me?11:17
AlinuxOSKamion, I think put ubiquity at second place after debian-installer is a good idea.11:18
Kamionthanks a lot11:18
mdke_sorry, it was the superspam list, and hardly any genuine mails were in the queue11:18
AlinuxOSputting ubiquity :)11:18
KamionAlinuxOS: not my call, I don't run Rosetta11:18
Kamionnor am I a translator, so I don't know what else is important11:18
KamionI'm reluctant to shout "put all my stuff FIRST kthxbye" :-)11:19
mdke_Kamion: posted11:20
Kamionmdke_: thanks!11:20
AlinuxOSI think that debian-installer,menu stuff and ubiquity should be at the beginning.11:20
Kamionubiquity isn't all that critical - the icon on the desktop should be fairly obvious even if you can't read the text11:21
Kamionand that's all that that template controls11:21
Kamionwell, that and the item in the Applications menu11:21
AlinuxOSso only menu and debian-isntaller :)11:21
=== shackan [n=shackan@85-18-14-13.fastres.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sjoerd [n=sjoerd@moon.ipv6.luon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
AlinuxOSKamion, is it normal that ubiquity has only 2 strings ? :)11:24
=== Adri2000 [n=Adri2000@unaffiliated/adri2000] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Adri2000could any archive admin sync xmoto please, bug 64404 (uvf exception accepted), mdz Keybuk Kamion ?11:27
UbugtuMalone bug 64404 in xmoto "Please sync xmoto 0.2.2-1 (universe) from Debian Sid" [Undecided,Confirmed]  http://launchpad.net/bugs/6440411:27
KamionAlinuxOS: Yes. As I just told you, that template only handles the text on the desktop. Everything else is incorporated into the debian-installer template.11:27
KamionAdri2000: I'll have a look in a moment11:27
AlinuxOSKamion, great. So I concentrate myself on debian-installer11:28
AlinuxOSKamion, ...and that +50 string are Ubuntu distribution related right ? 11:29
=== joejaxx [i=jadaz87@ubuntu/member/joejaxx] has joined #ubuntu-devel
KamionAlinuxOS: I don't understand your question11:31
AlinuxOSI've noticed that today incrised number of strings to translate...11:32
AlinuxOScirca 50 I think.11:32
KamionAlinuxOS: I don't know exactly, sorry11:34
KamionAlinuxOS: that's because danilos imported a new version of the master translation file from me, and I think it hadn't been updated in a while11:34
Kamionfor all I know it could date from pre-UVF11:34
AlinuxOSKamion, that's ok... I'll translate them all! :D11:35
AlinuxOSKamion, that's really great that finally users can install Ubuntu with Georgian interface since CD-ROM boot...that's really amasing! :)11:36
AlinuxOSI'm proud that Ubuntu is the first distribution that does it!(finally)11:36
Kamiongood to hear11:37
joejaxxhey Kamion may i pm you?11:39
Kamionjoejaxx: please just ask the question, rather than asking to ask11:41
Kamionjoejaxx: if you'd asked last night, I'd have answered when I woke up in the morning11:41
=== BenC [n=bcollins@debian/developer/bcollins] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== shaya [n=spotter@dyn-160-39-247-207.dyn.columbia.edu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Arador [n=dcg@133.pool80-103-8.dynamic.uni2.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Keybuk [n=scott@syndicate.netsplit.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nags [n=nags@65-116-129-3.dia.static.qwest.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!