mhb_StefanS_: you here?12:28
_StefanS_compiling kdebase as usual :)12:28
_StefanS_are you ? :)12:33
mhb_StefanS_: yep12:34
mhbtired, but I'm here12:34
mhb_StefanS_: I talked to kwwii about your proposal12:35
_StefanS_did he hate it ? :D12:35
mhb_StefanS_: it depends12:36
mhb_StefanS_: the idea of changing the shutdown dialog is nice, of course :o)12:36
_StefanS_I know the picture was rough12:36
_StefanS_but it was just to have something to show12:36
mhb_StefanS_: what would be nice is to use similar icons to the GNOME ones12:37
_StefanS_mhb: yea, i know. I've looked all around but could find a nice set12:37
_StefanS_mhb: but didn't find anything.12:38
mhb_StefanS_: try to use the ones in Human/HNOME12:38
mhb_StefanS_: for starters12:38
_StefanS_mhb: yep I grab those and use12:38
mhb_StefanS_: we also discussed the placement12:38
mhb_StefanS_: the icons should be in two lines12:39
mhb_StefanS_: the first line is Log Out / Sleep / Hibernate12:39
_StefanS_okay, and the rest below12:40
_StefanS_plus a cancel button to the lower right I imagine12:41
mhb_StefanS_: yep12:41
=== _StefanS_ is booting ubuntu to steal the Human icons
_StefanS_goody I'll go do that12:41
mhb_StefanS_: we can presume Ubuntu has done some usability tests, so we can make a similar one12:42
_StefanS_mhb: good point.12:42
mhb_StefanS_: the only difference is that we don't use the on mouseover text descriptions like they do12:42
_StefanS_mhb: okay, I was going to ask that question12:42
_StefanS_btw, do you want a window with a titlebar, or just a frame (like default logout)12:43
mhba frame, I guess12:43
_StefanS_I see ubuntu uses that aswell12:44
mhbUbuntu uses a frame, KDE default uses a frame too, so that one is clear12:44
mhb_StefanS_: I guess you could try to make the UI similar to the GNOME one as well12:46
mhb_StefanS_: I mean - no hard lines12:46
mhb_StefanS_: http://shots.linuxquestions.org/scaled/Ubuntu%207.04%20Alpha%203/30.gif12:47
_StefanS_you still want a similar hover effect, right ?12:47
mhb_StefanS_: maybe there will be changes in that (I'm not the one in charge here, I just like your idea)12:47
_StefanS_okay, we'll just change it along the way if needed12:48
mhb_StefanS_: some button effect would be vital, I guess12:48
_StefanS_there's currently just a negative effect on it12:49
_StefanS_I will make it more soft12:49
mhb_StefanS_: thanks12:50
_StefanS_no problem, its interesting stuff. Always liked usuability stuff, and prettying up things :)12:51
_StefanS_after all if you got a capable piece of software its kinda worthless without good ui design.. a clich i know, but true.12:51
mhbyes, true12:53
=== _StefanS_ finally found good use for the T7600. Compiling kde 24/7 all day, all year
mhbthat's bad for the environment :o)12:53
_StefanS_heh ;)12:53
mhbplease poke me when you have some new screenshots12:54
_StefanS_they'll just throw in the "auxilary" power switch down at the plant12:54
_StefanS_sure thing12:54
=== mhb goes back to coding
=== _StefanS_ does too.
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee wonders who did what to kopete....
Hobbseekopete chat window used to be nice and compact01:20
manchickenYou can change the themes and all that01:20
Hobbseeit's not a theme change - it's the main window01:21
mhbHobbsee: sounds like a certain guy named Anthony01:22
Hobbseemhb: sorry?01:22
mhbHobbsee: does Tonio sound more familiar?01:22
Hobbseemhb: yeah, but what's he done?01:22
mhbHobbsee: umm... the patches to kopete?01:22
mhbthat make the main window themable?01:23
mhbI told him I like things compact01:23
mhbhope it can be turned off01:23
=== oslo [n=Lancelot@alf94-5-82-225-102-119.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Hobbseemhb: yes.  mind you, feisty is testing.01:26
Hobbseemhb: i wonder how one themes it...01:28
mhbHobbsee: and testing is using :o)01:28
Hobbseeit's just annoying that i cant see all the people in the list at a glance.01:28
=== Hobbsee gets out her Long Pointy Stick of DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
=== mhb has so many people there that he couldn't do that anyway
mhbnow it's like 10 screens of scrolling for me :o)01:29
Hobbseewell, neither could i - but it didnt involve anywhere near as much scrolling01:30
=== Hobbsee hit the msn contact limit a few years ago
praetorthere is a contact limit? :P01:30
Hobbsee120, iirc01:31
mhbtoo many friends for Hobbsee01:31
ajmitchHobbsee needs to start rejecting & ostracising some friends01:35
Hobbseeajmitch: heh01:35
Hobbseeajmitch: did you want to be first?  :P01:35
ajmitchsure, why not?01:35
ajmitchyou never talk to me anyway ;)01:35
mhbHobbsee: I think it's a kde-look.org modification - you can try searching there01:36
crimsunkeep your friends close and your enemies closer, eh?01:36
Hobbseeyeah, i talk to you here instead...01:36
Hobbseecrimsun: no, i attack my enemies with my Long Pointy Stick of DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 01:36
ajmitchlucky me01:36
=== mhb thinks that kopete skin could be improved a bit
mhbI mean the new one01:37
=== shnee_ [n=CurtyD13@cblmdm72-241-107-50.buckeyecom.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== jikanter [n=jordan@c-24-12-220-77.hsd1.il.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Hobbseehrm.  cant figure how to change it01:48
=== abattoir_ [n=abattoir@cm66.omega20.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #kubuntu-devel
mhbit seems there are more skins on the net for that01:51
Hobbseeahhh...so that's it01:52
Hobbseemhb: the chat window is nice01:53
=== poningru [n=poningru@adsl-074-245-140-197.sip.gnv.bellsouth.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
mhbhave you seen the Ubuntu and Kubuntu sharing apps?01:58
mhbwell, the configuration tools01:58
mhbthe Kubuntu one is over-bloated and unusable, and I mean it01:58
Riddellwe looked at that at UDS and decided it was so bad it wasn't possible to fix in KDE 302:08
mhbRiddell: by the way, now that even Ubuntu has a systemsettings-like center, wouldn't be more useful to have only one usability study and make both centers according to it?02:10
mhbbut that's more of a feisty+1 idea02:12
=== mhb goes to sleep so he can concentrate more on feisty+0 tomorrow :o)
_StefanS_Riddell: the fade thing works now. Also with on/off and timing from ksmserverrc.02:13
Riddell_StefanS_: excellent02:13
_StefanS_Riddell: now I just need some instructions doing the diff correctly.02:14
Riddellmhb: no, KDE isn't going to use the same settings UI as gnome02:14
_StefanS_Riddell: I applied all patches(make -f ... ), and then made my changes to shutdowndlg.h and shutdowndlg.cpp.02:15
Riddell_StefanS_: download the current sources again, apply current patches again, diff -urN the two source trees02:15
_StefanS_btw, the fade is much more usable when you can control timings from the config as well. I'm glad I put them in there.02:17
_StefanS_I've a got a diff now, want it in an email ?02:21
Riddellyes please02:22
_StefanS_there you go02:23
=== _StefanS_ [n=sfs@cpe.atm2-0-52148.0x535a54ca.naenxx10.customer.tele.dk] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Hobbseemorning Riddell02:31
=== ryanakca_ [n=ryan@ubuntu/member/ryanakca] has joined #kubuntu-devel
XVampireXmhb:"  I've then decided to implement an xml theming language that would give to the user complete freedom to build the theme he/she wants."02:33
XVampireXThat's... *drools*02:33
XVampireXHmm, will we finally see a real kopete customized for kubuntu? :)02:33
Hobbseethat'll likely be the new kopete interface....02:34
jjessehiya Hobbsee02:34
Hobbseefor everyone02:34
Hobbseehey jjesse!!!!02:34
Hobbseethe famous author :)02:34
jjesseanyone having problems booting vmware off fiesty herd 3?02:34
jjesseHobbsee: we are under a blizzard warning here and the police are telling people to not drive cause of the snow and drifting02:35
Hobbseejjesse: eep!02:35
jjesseHobbsee: do you guys get a lot of snow in winter?02:36
Hobbseejjesse: nope :)02:36
=== ryanakca [n=ryan@d226-26-139.home.cgocable.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Riddell_StefanS_: applies fine, I'll take a look at it tomorrow morning and if it works upload it02:40
_StefanS_Riddell: the effect seems rather slow.. and I think I know why.02:40
=== ryanakca [n=ryan@ubuntu/member/ryanakca] has joined #kubuntu-devel
_StefanS_Riddell: inside the slotPaintEffect i read the settings every time its called02:41
_StefanS_Riddell: probably not a good idea :)02:41
_StefanS_Riddell: should be placed outside02:42
_StefanS_Riddell: I will correct it, and send you another one very soon.02:42
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== ryanakca [n=ryan@ubuntu/member/ryanakca] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== vinboy [n=vinboy@125-238-82-104.broadband-telecom.global-gateway.net.nz] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== vinboy [n=vinboy@125-238-82-104.broadband-telecom.global-gateway.net.nz] has joined #kubuntu-devel
manchickenRiddell: You still about?03:18
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@c-71-224-172-103.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Jucato [n=jucato@ubuntu/member/Jucato] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Riddellmanchicken: a bit03:54
manchickenWere you going to fix that bug with the arrow icon?03:55
Riddellmanchicken: I'd rather you did it first :)03:55
RiddellI'll wait for you on it03:56
Riddelland the columns move to the left when expanded03:56
jjesseshould bug #73151 be assigned against ubuntu-iso-tests?03:59
UbugtuMalone bug 73151 in openscenegraph "[libopenscenegraph4]  Dependancies Need To Be Updated" [Undecided,Fix released]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/7315103:59
jjessedoh wrong #03:59
jjessebug 8315103:59
UbugtuMalone bug 83151 in Ubuntu "Kubuntu Herd 3 fails to start X on Inspiron 5100" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8315103:59
manchickenRiddell: I was actually hoping you wouldn't ^_^04:00
manchickenRiddell: I'll post a bug for it and make sure to snag it after feature freeze.04:00
Riddelljjesse: no, it should be against X04:00
jjessex-server ?04:01
manchickenRiddell: If you wanted to, could you assign some other bugs that you think I could fix in adept I can take a look at them.04:02
=== vinboy [n=vinboy@125-238-82-104.broadband-telecom.global-gateway.net.nz] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== firephoto [n=tom@pool-71-115-214-25.spknwa.dsl-w.verizon.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== vinboy [n=vinboy@125-238-82-104.broadband-telecom.global-gateway.net.nz] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== vinboy [n=vinboy@125-238-82-104.broadband-telecom.global-gateway.net.nz] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== firephoto [n=tom@pool-71-115-214-25.spknwa.dsl-w.verizon.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
manchickenWell, it's not crashing anymore.04:25
manchickenBut it ain't working either.04:25
=== ryanakca [n=ryan@ubuntu/member/ryanakca] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Hobbseeryanakca: can i beat that guy in #kubuntu?04:43
ryanakcaumm... /me looks04:43
=== ryanakca can't see why not
ryanakcahave fun04:43
=== ryanakca looks
ryanakcago head... 28 him :)04:44
=== manchicken crashed gdb
manchickenAll I was doing was clearing and setting breakpoints.04:52
manchickenWho'd you kill in #kubuntu?04:52
=== hunger_t [n=tobias@p54A742EC.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
manchickenOkay, so I've got the request going through, but it's not giving me the changelog content.  Interesting.05:08
Hobbseemanchicken: i didnt.  i was wanting to though05:09
manchickenWho?  Minataku?05:12
manchickenI'm his biggest fan, too ;)05:12
manchickenYeah.  Guy likes to go around pretending like he is the world's most knowledgeable user.  Many put-downs.05:21
ryanakcak/b is Hobbsee's friend :)05:25
Hobbseeimbrandon: please install vim on your machine.05:27
=== Hobbsee cant cope with this crappy vim substitute
manchickenHobbsee: You know, GNU emacs is always the same no matter where you use it ;)05:31
=== manchicken trolls a bit
manchickenI actually put up a blog entry asking for some answers from more advanced vi users about some questions I keep getting.05:32
Hobbseemanchicken: heh05:32
=== Hobbsee doesnt know emacs
manchickenIf you know vi pretty well, see if you can answer any of my questions.05:33
manchickenI can hold my own in vi, but I don't know much of the advanced features.05:33
=== shnee_ [n=CurtyD13@cblmdm72-241-107-50.buckeyecom.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee neither
=== Hobbsee just knows enough to get her by.
Hobbseemanchicken: imbrandon is insane.05:35
manchickenIs he?05:35
Hobbseehe's a nano user.05:35
manchickenIf you can use nano, you can use emacs ^_^05:36
Hobbseehas anyone checked out karchiver?05:38
Hobbseeit looks neat05:38
=== vinboy [n=vinboy@125-238-82-104.broadband-telecom.global-gateway.net.nz] has joined #kubuntu-devel
manchickenWow, gdb was SUCKING my machine dry.05:40
manchicken273MB of used ram.05:40
manchickenNo, is karchiver any good?05:40
manchickenDoes it do 7zip?05:41
manchickenWorst... logo.... ever05:44
manchickenThe installing patches thing looks neat.05:45
Hobbseehehe, yep05:45
=== Hobbsee wonders about throwing amarok into bzr
manchickenWorks with Gnu05:45
=== Hobbsee just requested a sync to get it into ubuntu
manchickenHmm... adept doesn't have a config file it seems...05:56
manchickenThese changes I'm making to adept are going to be very non-upstream friendly.05:56
manchickenOh well, named constants will make it less painful to improve better.05:58
manchickenBOOYA!  Houston, we've got a changelog.06:03
=== freeflying [i=flyingfr@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #kubuntu-devel
manchickenI'm committing it.06:12
manchickenMerging in bzr is painful.06:13
manchickenThey really need to fix that.06:13
manchickenNice!  It's -17'C actual, -28'C "real-feel" outside.06:26
manchickenHobbsee: Where is the base adept repository for feisty?06:31
manchickenI need to see which features have been merged in.06:31
Hobbseemanchicken: *shrug*06:31
Hobbseeapt-get source adept would tell you06:32
=== orkid [n=orkid@bas1-barrie18-1242373347.dsl.bell.ca] has joined #kubuntu-devel
manchickenWhy the heck isn't bzip2 not in standard build for feisty?  That one seems kinda important to me.06:35
manchickenOh well.06:35
Hobbseei thought it would be?06:35
manchickenI would, too.06:35
manchickenI just had to install it on my feisty chroot that I've been using for a while.06:36
=== Hobbsee rebuilds amarok after her changes, and after rm-ing the dir by mistake
manchickenMaybe they just had it embedded into tar only....06:36
manchickenI've done that before.06:36
manchickenWhat you doing?06:36
Hobbseeadding changes to imbrandon's amarok06:36
crimsunmanchicken: "standard build" != chroot.06:36
crimsunmanchicken: bzip2 is a dependency of ubuntu-minimal06:37
crimsun(which is seeded by default)06:37
manchickenOoh, I'm glad I didn't check that in without testing it first....06:38
manchickenI got changelog into adept_manager, but not adept_updater06:38
manchickenIt's there, but it goes BOOM06:38
manchickenI found a bomb in the update wizard.06:45
manchickenw00t!  Not my fault.  Gotta love it.06:46
manchickenI wonder if anybody else found this one.06:47
manchickenI'm going to submit my patch now anyway.06:48
=== orkid [n=orkid@bas1-barrie18-1242373347.dsl.bell.ca] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Jucato [n=jucato@ubuntu/member/Jucato] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== _czessi [n=Czessi@dslb-088-073-039-114.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@cm66.omega20.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Lure [n=lure@clj46-234.dial-up.arnes.si] has joined #kubuntu-devel
imbrandonSetting up vim-full (7.0-035+1ubuntu5) ...08:14
=== Czessi [n=Czessi@dslb-088-073-039-114.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== mayday_jay [n=mayday_j@maydayjay.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== _czessi [n=Czessi@dslb-088-073-039-114.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== ScottK [n=ScottK@static-72-81-252-22.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== chavo [n=chavo@69-167-76-73.atlsfl.adelphia.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== neversfelde [n=chrman@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== pascalFR [i=psXuueI5@cha92-7-82-230-174-61.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== elcuco [n=elcuco@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== jpetso [n=jpetso@v213-022.vps.tuwien.ac.at] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== allee [n=ach@dialin-212-144-130-206.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== ubotu [n=ubotu@ubuntu/bot/ubotu] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== neversfelde [n=chrman@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== lotusleaf [n=lotuslea@kernel-panic/member/carne.asada.burrito] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== ubijtsa [n=ubijtsa@karlsson.force9.co.uk] has left #kubuntu-devel ["leaving"]
=== chavo [n=chavo@69-167-76-73.atlsfl.adelphia.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== OdyX [n=Didier@vpn-epfl-a057.epfl.ch] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== serzholino [n=serzholi@16x.zp.ua] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== neversfelde_ [n=chrman@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Hobbseehey mhb!11:41
=== neversfelde_ is now known as neversfelde
imbrandon01:14 < imbrandon> hobbsee                                                                                                                         serzholi~11:42
imbrandon01:14 < imbrandon> Setting up vim-full (7.0-035+1ubuntu5) ...                                                                                      Seveas11:42
imbrandon01:14 < imbrandon> imbrandon@aurora:~$11:42
imbrandonHobbsee, ^^11:43
Seveasimbrandon, ?11:43
Hobbseeimbrandon: woo!!!11:43
Hobbseeimbrandon: when you go to deal in amaork again, can you make sure you take from /home/hobbsee/amarok, to grab my changes please?11:44
Hobbseeimbrandon: and where are those konvi debs?11:44
imbrandonsorry Seveas , bad paste11:44
Seveasbad imbrandon11:44
imbrandonHobbsee, yea i seen your changes11:44
Hobbseeimbrandon: cool :)11:44
imbrandonand konvi is comming11:44
Seveaswhen it's done11:44
Hobbseeimbrandon: if you dont have hte time, i'll do the repo, etc.11:45
imbrandonheh when i setup the scripts on aurora to autobuild it again11:45
Hobbsee(if you hand over hte scripts)11:45
Hobbseehehe, go on :)11:45
=== manchicken_ [n=manchick@c-76-16-240-139.hsd1.il.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Hobbseeimbrandon: way cool.  my version even built!11:46
Hobbsee(took some more out of debian.install)11:46
imbrandonhuh ? what did you take out?11:46
imbrandonugh, i added a bunch but they still neded deps added to work11:47
=== imbrandon groans
Hobbseeahh.  just can my changes to there, then11:47
=== Hobbsee only copied.
Hobbseeie, just can amarok.install, and keep your version11:47
Hobbseesorry :(11:47
imbrandonnp, what did you remove though?11:48
Hobbseediff against your versoin and find out?  a few almost at the bottom11:48
imbrandone.g. we dont want regression of features , like no ipod support hehe, thus why its takin a little while to upload11:48
imbrandonme hugs Hobbsee11:53
=== OdyX [n=Didier@vpn-epfl-a057.epfl.ch] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== praetor_ [n=praetor@124-168-120-65.dyn.iinet.net.au] has joined #kubuntu-devel
fdovingalt+f2 rocks. it can do math!12:09
HobbseeHAHA, NEAT!12:09
Hobbseeargh, capslock12:09
fdovingalt+f2 2+2 <enter> cool.12:09
Simedoes anyone use Thunderbird here and noticed that the scrollbar fix for the plastik theme, doesn't actually work?12:20
SimeI think I know what the fix is.12:21
=== Ubugtu [n=bugbot@ubuntu/bot/ubugtu] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== toma [n=toma@84-53-90-221.wxdsl.nl] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== abattoir_ [n=abattoir@cm66.omega20.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== neversfelde_ [n=chrman@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== oslo [n=Lancelot@alf94-5-82-225-102-119.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== neversfelde_ is now known as neversfelde
=== Rumo_ [n=Rumo@dslb-084-056-100-014.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== fritsch [i=iryJSTVQ@nat-wh-1.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== serzholino [n=serzholi@16x.zp.ua] has left #kubuntu-devel []
=== jack_at_home [n=jack@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== serzholino [n=serzholi@16x.zp.ua] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== praetor [n=praetor@124-168-66-82.dyn.iinet.net.au] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== oslo [n=Lancelot@alf94-5-82-225-102-119.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== freeflying [i=flyingfr@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== hunger_t is now known as hunger
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #kubuntu-devel
zakameevening all02:41
Hobbseehey zakame02:42
Hobbseezakame: didnt expect to be quoted, you know :)02:42
Jucatoquoted where?02:42
zakameHobbsee: lol02:42
=== OdyX [n=Didier@vpn-epfl-b112.epfl.ch] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== freeflying [i=flyingfr@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #kubuntu-devel
ryanakcawasn't the meeting last week?03:17
Hobbseeryanakca: yeah it was03:17
Hobbseeryanakca: feel like writing the minutes?  :P03:18
=== freet15_ [n=freet15@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== OdyX_ [n=Didier@tsf-wpa-2-201.epfl.ch] has joined #kubuntu-devel
gnomefreakhomeeting wednesday the 7th?03:25
=== manchicken|away [n=manchick@c-76-16-240-139.hsd1.il.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== manchicken|away [n=manchick@c-76-16-240-139.hsd1.il.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== manchicken_ [n=manchick@c-76-16-240-139.hsd1.il.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
ryanakcasince the meeting was last week, shall I change the /topic?03:48
ryanakcaanything to add while I'm at it?03:49
RiddellFF on thursday03:49
ryanakcaFF ?03:50
Jucatofeature freeze03:50
ryanakcatook me a minute to figure it out. anything else?03:50
mhbFeisty Fawn Feature Freeze ... FFFF, actually :o)03:50
ryanakcamhb: lol03:50
=== Bent [n=bent@port46.ds1-esp.adsl.cybercity.dk] has joined #kubuntu-devel
ryanakcahmm... guess not :)03:52
=== ..[topic/#kubuntu-devel:ryanakca] : Welcome to #kubuntu-devel | https://features.launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/feisty/+specs | Bugs! https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-team/+packagebugs | Feature Freeze this Thursday!
JucatoRiddell: um. excuse me. there seems to be a bug (not sure if it's a bug really) regarding some list views in KDE 3.5.6 that's affecting Adept. basically, it's not possible to sort the list anymore03:52
Jucatothe only other place I see this happening is Keyboard Shortcuts -> General Shortcuts and Shortcut Sequence tabs03:52
Riddellprobably manchicken's fault :)03:53
Jucatoheh unfortunately it isn't03:54
Riddellhow do you know?03:54
JucatoI've seen the behavior in the keyboard shortcuts module when I was running KDE SVN03:54
Jucato(before I reinstalled Kubuntu)03:54
Jucatostrangely enough, I can't think of any other app/module that uses a list view that exhibits this bevahior, so I only have 2 examples...03:56
abattoirRiddell: hi, i have a patch for os-prober(which is a part of d-i and helps detect installed OSs) which is necessary for grubconfig to work... what's the correct process to get it into ubuntu?03:56
abattoirRiddell: i've already sent the patch to the debian bts03:57
Riddellabattoir: report a bug to launchpad.net/ubuntu and poke cjwatson on irc03:57
abattoirRiddell: great, thanks03:58
Riddellabattoir: but grubconfig is the guidance tool?03:58
abattoirRiddell: yes03:58
=== neversfelde_ [n=chrman@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
abattoirRiddell: the one mhb is working on03:58
=== Jucato is excited to see it...
=== mhb is excited to finish it .o)
Riddellwhy does it depend on something done at install time?03:59
mhbRiddell: the OSes may change after that04:00
Riddellso grubconfig also uses os-prober?04:00
LureRiddell: any idea why KGlobalAccel would not work in ksmserver?04:00
abattoirit needs to know what are the OSs installed and if there has been any change... d-i uses it during install time to create the menu.lst04:01
RiddellLure: nope04:01
LureRiddell: I changed the hal code to be able to add shortcuts, but now they do not work04:02
abattoirRiddell: yes, it does04:02
LureRiddell: I suspect it may be related to how KDE is started04:02
LureRiddell: so I might need to switch to kmilo + dcop to power-manager (or ksmserver) :-(04:02
Riddellmm, and pykde doesn't work with KGlobalAccel does it?04:03
LureRiddell: no :-(04:04
=== manchicken [n=manchick@c-76-16-240-139.hsd1.il.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== neversfelde_ is now known as neversfelde
LureRiddell: and dcop does not work with KUniqueApplication in PyKDE - otherwise we could add simple config file to k-d-s :-(04:05
Riddellnever easy04:05
=== jpetso [n=jpetso@v213-022.vps.tuwien.ac.at] has joined #kubuntu-devel
sebasWe might remove dcop from power-manager until it's fixed upstream.04:21
sebasSime would opt for that, and I'd rather not add a hack that checks if power-manager is already running.04:21
=== serzholino [n=serzholi@16x.zp.ua] has left #kubuntu-devel []
Luresebas: but dcop works with KApplication, right?04:29
Luresebas: currently, the only way for laptop keys I see is: kmilo sets KGlobalAccel, does dcopfind power-manager*, calls power-manager action04:29
manchickentoma: Nice catch on that patch.04:31
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@c-71-224-172-103.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
tomamanchicken: hehe, wasn't rocket science04:32
tomamy eye fell on it04:32
manchickenI tried to remove all my unnecessary debug code from there before I committed and posted it.  Oh well ^_^04:32
Jucato"bomb" manchicken... :)04:32
manchickenIt is a bomb.  When you get to it it goes *BOOM*04:32
tomamanchicken: debug will be disabled by compilation, so there is no need to remove them04:32
manchickenI almost called the Boston bomb squad.04:33
bddebianHeya gang04:33
manchicken(reference to current events taking place earlier this week)04:33
manchickenYeah, that one was kinda stupid though.04:33
Riddellsebas: I enabled wineconfig by the way, but it still needs to do something sensible if you don't have wine installed04:42
=== jpetso_ [n=jpetso@v213-022.vps.tuwien.ac.at] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== jpetso_ is now known as jpetso
mhbseele: one more ping04:49
manchickenSo does anybody know about where someone set up us the bomb with the kubuntu upgrade wizard in the adept_updater?04:54
Riddellmanchicken: ?04:57
manchickenRiddell: I'm having a problem where when I run through the kubuntu upgrade wizard, it segfauls as soon as I hit the first "next" in the wizard.  It's crashing somewhere in qstring, and I follow the stack trace back and it doesn't seem to be anything I've touched in the stack trace... so I though that perhaps someone else was noticing similar behavior.04:58
zakamemanchicken: can confirm on latest feisty04:59
manchickenYou know what that means?  That means I'm not crazy.  That's good.04:59
zakameactually, even before the latest04:59
Riddellmanchicken: yes, it's a known problem, it's something in the wizard that does it05:00
manchicken(or at least it reduces the likelihood of my being crazy in this particular instance)05:00
RiddellI've not looked at what yet05:00
manchickenThat bug is getting in the way of my being able to test the changelog inside the updater.05:00
manchickenI have the changelog working perfectly inside manager.05:00
=== meduxa [n=agustin@84.Red-217-127-164.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== jpetso_ [n=jpetso@v213-022.vps.tuwien.ac.at] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@cm66.omega20.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #kubuntu-devel
sebasLure: Yes, but KApplications can be launched multiple times, so we'd need to check for that and exit.05:09
sebasRiddell: I'll have a look when I find some time.05:11
nixternaltoma: if you need doc help with Mailody, let me know05:31
tomanixternal: oh great! i'll take that offer!05:32
nixternalhehe, is mailody on KDE svn?05:32
nixternalOK, I have svn+ssh so it will be easy to work with then05:32
nixternalI will setup a test imap account and start playing. Is there a wiki with any documentation yet?05:33
tomanixternal: okay, fdoving already wrote a bit which we need to extend05:33
nixternalno problem05:33
nixternalhas he done it in docbook?05:33
tomanixternal: no, we wanted the text first, then pass it on to someone who knows docbook05:34
tomanixternal: http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/pim/mailody/docs/MANUAL?rev=626605&view=auto05:34
nixternalhrmm, I thought fdoving knew docbook, but none the less. I have all of the KDE docbook templates here, plus the EBN, so that is a good step05:34
=== manchicken [n=manchick@c-76-16-240-139.hsd1.il.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
tomanixternal: ok, great. you can also join #mailody05:35
nixternalOK, I have it already local here with my checkout. I can work on converting that to docbook and just commit it05:35
manchickenReal quick, anybody know how to get dmesg not to print to ttys?05:44
=== pina [n=salt@unaffiliated/pina] has joined #kubuntu-devel
SimeRiddell: I'm having a look with refresh eyes at some of those remaining media patch issues, BTW.05:52
RiddellSime: ooh, cool05:53
nixternalmanchicken: there was something in the forums that explained how to send it where ever you wanted it to go05:59
=== Enola_Gay [n=enola@dslb-084-056-243-255.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Enola_Gayhi all06:06
Enola_GayThe KDE Networkmanager works fine in Feisty Herd 3. Finally it is possible with some wlan hardware to connect to wpa secured routers out of the box.06:07
Enola_GayBut Kopete doesn't encrypt messages anymore in KDE 3.5.6. With the Edgy KDE 3.5.6 builds too. Should I make a bug report or not since it happens in Feisty too?06:09
mhbEnola_Gay: I guess you should fill a bug06:09
mhbEnola_Gay: it's the same here06:09
mhbEnola_Gay: does not encrypt or decrypt?06:10
mhbEnola_Gay: actually mine does encrypt them06:10
Enola_Gaymhb: It encrypts correctly but the send messages are shown encrypted in my own log.06:10
RiddellEnola_Gay: a bug report already exists06:10
mhbEnola_Gay: but fails to decrypt them06:10
Riddellasking upstream if it's a known problem would be useful06:10
Enola_GayRiddell: thx, haven't found it in launchpad.06:11
UbugtuKDE bug 141171 in general "gpg broken with kde 3.5.6 (kopete 0.12.4)" [Normal,Resolved: duplicate] 06:11
Enola_GayI have just made a comment under https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdenetwork/+bug/6322106:12
UbugtuMalone bug 63221 in kdenetwork "No longer able to decrypt GPG IMs" [Unknown,Unconfirmed] 06:12
Riddellhttp://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=134907 gives a work around, although I'm not convinced it would work06:12
UbugtuKDE bug 134907 in Cryptography Plugin "No longer able to decrypt GPG IMs" [Normal,New] 06:12
Luresebas: re powermanager dcop: what is the preffered way:06:34
Lure1. suspend/hibernate methods execute action even if not supported by HW06:35
Lure2. suspend/hibernate execute action only if HW supports actions & not diables06:35
Lure3. suspend/hibernate interface not available if HW not supporting / disabled06:35
Luresebas: I think 2. is probably the best06:36
Luresebas: we use 1. now, but I am not sure if this is the best06:37
=== XVampireX [n=serge@unaffiliated/xvampirex] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== kwwii_ [n=kwwii@p5495736E.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== kwwii [n=kwwii@khepri.openbios.org] has joined #kubuntu-devel
sebasLure: Warning and not execute, I think.06:42
=== kwwii_ is now known as kwwii
sebasChanging the interface dynamically isn't that nice (or?)06:42
Luresebas: warning to notification?06:42
Luresebas: yep, 3. is not really nice06:42
sebasAt least to console06:43
Luresebas: ok, will just do a warning print06:45
=== Lure still hopes that he can make ksmserver work somehow...
=== kwwii_ [n=kwwii@khepri.openbios.org] has joined #kubuntu-devel
sebasLure: THanks06:47
=== guglielf [n=guglielf@unaffiliated/guglielf] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Czessi [n=Czessi@dslb-088-073-039-114.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== pina [n=salt@unaffiliated/pina] has left #kubuntu-devel []
=== jjesse [n=jjesse@ppp-69-221-253-25.dsl.klmzmi.ameritech.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
manchickenI wonder if there's a way to disable kbluetoothd...07:18
Tm_Tdpkg -P ?07:19
manchickenI don't mind it taking up disk ( I may need to use it tonight ) but I don't want it running at the moment.07:20
manchickenGDB needs all the resource it can pull.07:20
Tm_Tdcop kbluetoothd MainApplication-Interface quit ?07:24
manchickenkill -15 works too ^_^07:25
manchickenI was just hoping there'd be a nicer way of doing that.07:25
Tm_THow dcop quit is not nice?07:25
manchickenkill is nicer07:25
manchickenFor me.07:25
manchickenRiddell: Well, I've found the cause of the crash.07:26
manchickenYeah.  the release notes URL is a null pointer.07:27
manchickenAnd there was zero checking around it.07:27
manchickenI'm trying to work a check in there.07:28
jjesseis it just me or in feisty ubiquity the spot to type your name smaller?  mine barely displays07:29
Riddellthe other question is why that dialogue appears at all when run on feisty07:29
manchickenThat's a fair question.07:29
Riddelljjesse: works for me, got a screenshot?07:29
jjesseRiddell: sure, but did it get smaller?07:29
Riddelljjesse: shouldn't have07:31
jjesseRiddell: Network07:31
jjesseRiddell: http://doc.ubuntu.com/~jjesse/snapshot1.png07:32
manchickenWell, Riddell, I think your question is going to be the source to the problem.07:33
Riddelljjesse: looks fine to me07:34
Riddelljjesse: you want it wider?07:34
jjesseRiddell: i thought it was wider in the other versions07:34
Riddellprobably my fault07:34
jjesseits no big deal07:35
RiddellI'll fix it when I'm next working on ubiquity07:35
seelemhb: pong07:35
manchickenRiddell: I bet I know why it's always showing up on edgy.07:36
manchickenerr, feisty07:36
Riddellmanchicken: how's that?07:36
manchickenLine 104 in upgradewizard....07:36
manchickenIt's actually fetching the meta-release07:36
manchickenFeisty isn't on that list.07:37
manchickenhttp://changelogs.ubuntu.com/meta-release is the release it's hitting.07:37
=== manchicken screams about hard-coded URLs that should be in named constants again...
manchickenI'm gonna swim in this and see if I can make it a little more exception-case-tolerant.07:38
manchickenI need to fix it in order to test the changelog stuff.  heh07:39
manchickenBTW, I sent out a clean patch for the tooltips thing last night.07:39
Riddellhttp://changelogs.ubuntu.com/meta-release is what we want it to get though07:39
manchickenYeah, but we don't want it to misbehave if the user is on a development version.07:39
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@cm66.omega20.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #kubuntu-devel
manchickenThe two options I see we have is to make it so it can ignore missing entries, or we could move development releases in there somehow.07:40
manchickenMaybe have a second file that it goes to if it can't find the current version in meta-release07:40
Riddellif it can't find the current version it should give up07:40
manchickenThat makes sense to me.07:43
gnomefreakmanchicken: congrats on membership :)07:46
manchickenMuch thanks ^_^07:47
=== jikanter [n=jordan@c-24-12-220-77.hsd1.il.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
manchickenNow if only I could remember how to read code...07:51
manchickenOkay I think I found a way to get it to ignore things.08:00
manchickenProblem solved.08:02
manchickenAlthough I still don't understand why it was giving nulls for the version release notes field.08:02
manchickenIt was defaulting to Warty if it couldn't find the distro.08:03
Riddellthat's not good08:03
manchickenOOH!!!  I know why08:03
manchickenWe didn't start putting notes on until Dapper08:03
=== poningru_ [n=poningru@adsl-074-245-140-197.sip.gnv.bellsouth.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
manchickenNow I can fix the problem with the changelogs in the updater.08:04
manchickenRiddell: If you want, I can send you the patch to kubuntu_upgrader'08:07
manchickenI'm going to file a bug to help people know that it was a problem and that it has been addressed.08:07
=== TheInfinity [n=TheInfin@p508F3AA9.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Riddellmanchicken: please do08:09
Riddellmanchicken: I'm pretty sure there is already a bug for that08:10
manchickenI didn't see one when I looked.08:10
manchickenI'll double-check.08:11
RiddellI could be wrong08:16
Riddellit's happened before08:16
manchickenMe too ^_^08:16
XVampireXOh, people, apparently, there's amarok 1.4.5 out (Final)08:18
XVampireXIf anyone is up for including that...08:18
Riddellpoke imbrandon08:19
manchickenRiddell: There's your patch.08:19
XVampireXimbrandon is responsible for amarok?08:19
Riddellhe has the lock08:20
XVampireXThere's also openwengo, which is by the way shaping quite nicely, perhaps this could be used in the future for VoIP in kubuntu?08:21
=== TheInfinity [n=TheInfin@p508F3AA9.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
RiddellXVampireX: it's too large to be included on the disk, but we have a package in universe08:22
XVampireXVersion: 2.0.0~rc5-svn8108-308:23
XVampireXHmm, what's that?08:23
Riddellwhat it says, an svn snapshot08:23
XVampireXSo it gets updated often in universe aside from UVF?08:24
manchickenWhat's the QA chan?08:32
SimeRiddell: looking at this stuff again... I had a patch that fixed opening CDs from the desktop, but it was too late for inclusion with Edgy. We should put it in Feisty.08:35
RiddellI wonder if it's already in08:35
Riddelltonio would know08:35
=== Sime is testing on Edgy.
SimeI'll have to upgrade my test box to Feisty soon.08:37
Simecan I see the current patches for Feisy online somewhere?08:37
Riddellput the feisty deb-src line in sources.list and apt-get update; apt-get source kdelibs kdebase08:38
SimeRiddell: ok, l'll try that.08:40
manchickenRiddell: all adept bugs are in https://bugs.launchpad.net/adept/+bugs right?08:40
Riddellmanchicken: yep08:41
Riddelloh, no08:41
Riddellthat's the product08:41
=== Sime is now known as Sime_away
manchickenI thought that was a rather short list08:43
=== oslo [n=Lancelot@alf94-5-82-225-102-119.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
manchickenDo I change that status to in progress, fix committed, or what/08:44
Riddellfix committed will do08:45
manchickenOkay.  I'm assigning it to me as well.08:45
jjessei noticed that the k menu entry for adept was changed to deal w/ bug #67217 but can we remove the parentheses? and make it just Adept Package Manager instead of Adept Package Manager (Manage Packages) ??08:46
UbugtuMalone bug 67217 in adept "Change the text of Adept's KMenu entry" [Undecided,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/6721708:46
manchickenBug #80618 is the one I worked on.08:47
UbugtuMalone bug 80618 in adept "adept-installer crashes when clicking next on 'there seems to be an update' dialog" [Undecided,Fix committed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8061808:47
Riddelljjesse: we should change it from Adept Manager to just Adept08:47
jjesseRiddell: that makes sense08:53
fdovingwho does gnewsense-kde ?09:03
=== manchicken [n=manchick@ubuntu/member/manchicken] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Riddellfdoving: no idea, would be interesting to find out09:12
=== Lure [n=lure@clj46-234.dial-up.arnes.si] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== fdoving joins #gnewsense and asks.
=== XVampireX [n=serge@unaffiliated/xvampirex] has joined #kubuntu-devel
XVampireXThere's a little bug with ubuntu, it keeps telling me that: "The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:" and shows a long list of packages that it wants to remove... but alot of them are actually required by packages09:15
Riddelllike what?09:16
XVampireXfirst line:  liborbit2-dev kscd libtwolame0 krita-data linux-headers-2.6.20-5 kword-data libavahi-compat-howl0 kde-i18n-he gftp-gtk09:16
XVampireXit has more than that, of course09:16
=== manchicken [n=manchick@c-76-16-240-139.hsd1.il.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
RiddellXVampireX: in feisty?09:17
manchickenWow, static shock froze my sound card.09:18
manchickenThat just sounds so very... not good.09:19
manchickenI stuck some FSF DRM warning labels on the part that I felt the shock on.  Hopefully that'll insulate it.09:19
=== XVampireX [n=serge@unaffiliated/xvampirex] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Lure [n=lure@clj46-234.dial-up.arnes.si] has joined #kubuntu-devel
XVampireXprboom freezes X09:23
ryanakcamanchicken: lol09:23
XVampireXThat kept happening for me in Edgy, and now Feisty09:24
XVampireXI tried prboom in Arch Linux when I tried it, and it works.09:24
fdovingRiddell: Christian Fernandez aka 'Rek2' does gnewsense-kde.09:28
XVampireXAnother thing, supertux froze my system when I quit, using Beryl, don't know if it's related to beryl or not though09:29
XVampireXShould I file a bug in launchpad?09:29
Riddellfdoving: thanks09:29
RiddellXVampireX: try it without beryl and find out where the fault is09:29
LureRiddell: I have kmilo solution with dcop ready, but will require new kde-guidance upload first09:30
LureRiddell: otherwise it may hang ;-)09:30
RiddellLure: good stuff09:30
Riddellalthough I'm busy today09:30
fdovingLure: any news on the memleak?09:31
LureRiddell:  no problem09:31
Riddellbut I can do it tomorrow if tonio or someone doesn't do it first09:31
Lurefdoving: no news from upstream09:31
Lurefdoving: I am thinking to run python-debug myself under valgrind :-(09:31
fdovingLure: ok. i read the mail-thread you had going with them a few days ago.09:31
LureRiddell: I will probably upload it somewhere and drop you and Tonio an e-mail09:31
Lurefdoving: their patch has no effect (at least on my system) :-(09:32
fdovingLure: i could tell from the e-mails :)09:32
fdovingbbl tv.09:33
mhbwe'd have to make a new kde-guidance upload once grubconfig gets in09:36
LureRiddell: since I will prepare new kde-guidance package - should we drop wine from k-s-s until it is properly fixed?09:38
Luremhb: when do you plan to commit grubconfig?09:39
mhbLure: ASAP, I'm waiting on SVN rights, actually.09:39
Luremhb: ok, then we should probably wait for this09:40
mhbLure: I really hope it can be sorted out tomorrow.09:40
Luremhb: are you author of wineconfig?09:40
mhbI think yuriy_ is09:40
mhbnot sure though09:41
Luremhb: I will probably just add a quick patch to prevent running if ~/.wine does not exist09:41
mhbLure: yuriy_ is the author, I checked.09:42
XVampireXRiddell: If it will still freeze, is there any way to launch it in a safe way that I could debug it?09:44
LureRiddell: I will just do a quick hack and yuriy_ can fix it when around09:44
RiddellXVampireX: I've no idea09:45
XVampireXRiddell: Oh09:46
manchickenXVampireX: You may want to contact the upstream folks to see if they've any ideas on that.09:47
=== Ash-Fox [i=UNKNOWN@fgd182.internetdsl.tpnet.pl] has joined #Kubuntu-devel
XVampireXmanchicken: Will do, thanks :D09:49
=== claydoh [n=storecla@host-69-95-103-6.mil.choiceone.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
tomawho wants to have the honor of confirming bug 83302 ?09:59
UbugtuMalone bug 83302 in mailody "Please sync 0.4.0-1 from debian unstable" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8330209:59
=== neversfelde [n=chrman@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Riddelltoma: done10:01
tomaRiddell: thanks10:02
=== ryanakca [n=ryan@ubuntu/member/ryanakca] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== ryanakca [n=ryan@d226-26-139.home.cgocable.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
yuriy_hi Lure, Riddell, mhb10:14
Lureyuriy_: hi10:15
Lureyuriy_: we need you to fix windeconfig ;-)10:15
Lureyuriy_: it crashes on systems without wine10:15
Lureyuriy_: bug 8272310:16
UbugtuMalone bug 82723 in kde-guidance "wineconfig doesn't work" [Undecided,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8272310:16
yuriy_the reason i didn't finish it was i needed to get a patch into wine to get something working, but i've now sent in 4 attempts and each time they tell me something new they don't like that they didn't tell me before10:16
yuriy_but i'll take out that functionality and fix whatever is making it crash and then we can package it10:16
yuriy_but right now my problem is it seems i forgot my svn password10:16
Lureyuriy_: you should have used your ssh key for kde svn ;-)10:17
yuriy_or more accurately, my ssh password10:17
yuriy_although i'm sure i remember it, but it won't work10:18
Lureyuriy_: if you provide me a patch, I can test and commit for you10:18
Lureyuriy_: we will have new svn snapshot uploaded soon (for sure before Wed) and it would be nice if wineconfig works10:19
yuriy_umm.. when was this packaged? is it a separate binary package from guidance? and does it depend on wine?10:19
Lureyuriy_: no, Tonio_ just added desktop file, so it is now in k-s-s10:22
Lureyuriy_: and it does not depend on wine...10:22
Lureyuriy_: should we make separate package and make it depend on wine?10:22
yuriy_Lure: i think that would be sensible. though that would put it in universe, right?10:23
Lureyuriy_: I think so10:23
yuriy_Lure: if it's not made to depend on wine, is there a way we can have the icon not show up with wine not installed?  albeit it shouldn't crash anyway, but having the icon there wouldn't make much sense too10:39
Lureyuriy_: this would be special case for k-s-s10:39
Lureyuriy_: if it needs wine, it should depend on it10:40
Lureyuriy_: if not, then it should work also w/o10:40
yuriy_Lure: i'll fix it not to crash, but i think it should depend on it. and i don't think it should be there by default10:42
Lureyuriy_: then write e-mail to Tonio_ so that he creates new package (kde-guidance-wine) like we have for powermanager10:43
yuriy_Lure: but if it doesn't depend on it, would it make sense to pop up something like "you need to have wine installed to run windows programs, would you like to install it" and then install it with adeptbatch?10:43
Lureyuriy_: you could add this into wineconfig10:43
Lureyuriy_: I think something like this raphink added for samba or nfs (do not recall)10:44
yuriy_Lure: ok i'll do that then. is that something that can be done through the shell or do i need python bindings?10:44
yuriy_(what's the difference between adept_batch and command line apt-get or aptitude btw?)10:45
Riddelladept_batch has a GUI10:45
yuriy_yeah i guess my question is more like what IS adept_batch, since i always installed codecs myself with aptitude10:46
yuriy_ok, i see10:46
yuriy_how do i use it? it doesn't have a man page10:48
Riddelladept_batch install foo10:48
Riddell--help should explain10:48
Riddellamarok's install-mp3 script uses it10:48
yuriy_Riddell: --help only gives generic information10:48
Riddellmm, silly10:49
yuriy_i'll look at amarok's script and see how it's all done. i thought adept_batch had the ability to add repos, but looks like the script does that too...10:52
Riddellit doesn't10:53
Riddellyuriy_: software-properties will do though10:53
Riddellyuriy_: why do you need that?10:53
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@cm66.omega20.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #kubuntu-devel
yuriy_Riddell: see me and Lure's discussion^ need to make wineconfig a separate package and either make it depend on wine and put it in universe, or not and make it pop up a useful dialog10:55
Riddellyuriy_: why?10:56
Riddell"make it pop up a useful dialog" is much preferred10:56
yuriy_Riddell: in that case i want to make it give the option to install wine, so it would need to enable universe and install it10:57
mhbuniverse won't be enabled by default?10:58
yuriy_is it?10:58
Riddellmhb: it will, but you can't assume that10:58
Riddellsomeone might disable it10:58
=== XVampireX [n=serge@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
mhbokay then10:58
Riddellyuriy_: software properties will be uploaded hopefully tomorrow and that'll let you enable repositories with a simple command10:58
Riddellthen use adept_batch to install10:59
Enola_GayIs it a know bug or restriction that xv can only display one video at a time?10:59
yuriy_oh ok :) and my ssh password seems to work this time! :D10:59
yuriy_Riddell: but do you agree that it should be a separate package, or no?11:01
=== mhb doesn't get it
mhbif wineconfig were in a separate package, why should it offer to install wine?11:02
Riddellyuriy_: I don't think so no11:03
RiddellEnola_Gay: I doubt anyone here uses xv11:03
Enola_GayRiddell: What are they using?11:05
Riddellkaffeine for videos11:06
Enola_GayRiddell: Oh, I mean the api, not the Tool.11:06
Enola_Gayxv= xorg video afaik11:06
Enola_Gayor something like that11:06
RiddellI've no idea11:07
Enola_GayKaffeine is great but DVDs seems to judder. It is very weird. Avis i. e. work fine.11:08
Enola_GayIt is not the cache. DVDs have after-images or something like that in Kaffeine.11:10
Riddellblame xine11:11
Enola_GayRiddell: Both, kaffeine and vlc uses xv if they can. If I have video running and start a second player instance or another video player the first player crashes and afterwards I couldn't start any video anymore until x restart. This happesn since Edgy. In old versions I got an video player error that xv is in use.11:11
Enola_GayRiddell: I know.11:12
=== guglielf [n=guglielf@unaffiliated/guglielf] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Enola_GayKaffeine was my standard player since Edgy until I needed crop for online recorder videos. Now vlc is my favorite again.11:13
Enola_Gay*since it has the new gui - don't know if it was released with dapper or edgy11:19
Enola_Gaycu all11:19
=== shnee_ [n=CurtyD13@cblmdm72-241-107-50.buckeyecom.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
yuriy_if i use adept_batch and software properties, that means they will have to be dependencies for guidance?11:44
Riddellyuriy_: well you can always do something sensible if they aren't there11:45
Riddelljust appologise and tell the user to do it by hand11:45
=== manchicken_ [n=manchick@c-76-16-240-139.hsd1.il.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== meetinglogger [n=me@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
meetingloggerhey guys11:47
meetingloggerare there packages of amarok 1.4.5 yet?11:47
Riddellnope, imbrandon says he has them but hasn't givem to any of us11:47
meetingloggeras long as there are some :-)11:48
meetingloggerimbrandon: ping11:49
nixternalanyone here install Ubuntu or Edubuntu recently? Is it me or is the "Partitioning" portion not user-friendly?11:53
Riddellnixternal: it's the new partitioner, I'll be implementing it in kubuntu soon11:54
Riddellit'll get some improvements11:54
nixternalRiddell: at least mention in order to delete or add a partition to right click on the one you want to edit11:54
nixternalI just sat here looking at it with a "wth" look on my face11:54
RiddellI've not looked at it yet11:57
nixternalya, it is pretty bad from a usability standpoint. Just the partitioner11:58
Riddell"Account for Martin B??hm (martinbohm) created."12:02
Riddellwell done mhb12:02
mhbRiddell: thanks12:04
Riddellmhb: going to commit grubconfig?12:05
=== manchicken__ [n=manchick@c-76-16-240-139.hsd1.il.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
mhbRiddell: one or two errors fixed and it's there12:08
mhbRiddell: it's 00:00 here, so in the morning it should be there12:09
nixternalcreate me an account :)12:09
nixternalsuperbowl time12:09
mhbRiddell: although the boys ( Sime_away and sebas ) might want to look at it first before we package that12:10
Riddellmhb: sure we won't package it until we know it's working, but no need to block on comitting it12:10
=== meetinglogger is now known as apachelogger
=== luis_lopez [n=jabba@ip216-239-84-152.vif.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
nixternalGO BEARS!12:12
mhbRiddell: I want to make it work (as in work enough to be testable) before the next packaging of kde-guidance12:16
Riddellmhb: well we need to get it in before thursday12:16
mhbyuriy_: when will you have your wineconfig fixes ready?12:16
Riddellso that's your deadline :)12:16
mhbRiddell: true, but I don't want to bug anybody on Wednesday with it12:17
Riddellas soon as do-able would be best basicly12:17
=== Riddell wanders out
mhbbye for now12:17

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!