=== _TomB [n=tomb@host217-44-205-57.range217-44.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mat [n=mat@home.virgule.info] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gerrath_ [n=Gerrath@c-71-236-114-74.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== firephoto [n=tom@pool-71-115-214-25.spknwa.dsl-w.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-28-163.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Riddell"dpkg-source: error: Version number suggests Ubuntu changes, but Maintainer: does not have Ubuntu address" hmm12:46
kylemRiddell, yeah, annoying++ :/12:47
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Burgwork [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Riddelloh well, cheereo Debian maintainer12:49
Hobbseeheya Riddell 12:50
kylemRiddell, you can rename it to "XSBC-Original-Maintainer:" to stop it whining.12:50
=== TerminX [n=terminx@adsl-68-124-22-192.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gerrath_ [n=Gerrath@c-71-236-114-74.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== azeem [n=mbanck@host109.natpool.mwn.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== TheMuso [n=luke@ubuntu/member/themuso] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cjwatson_ [n=cjwatson@82-69-40-219.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cprov [n=cprov@monga.dorianet.com.br] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== AlinuxOS [n=vsichi@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lfittl [n=lfittl@cl-185.mbx-01.si.sixxs.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Huahua [n=hua_@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rideout [n=rideout@71-215-92-166.hlrn.qwest.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gumby [n=gumby@unaffiliated/gumby] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== _TomB [n=tomb@host217-44-205-57.range217-44.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== blackest [n=john@cpc4-linc4-0-0-cust684.nott.cable.ntl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== blackest [n=john@cpc4-linc4-0-0-cust684.nott.cable.ntl.com] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== wasabi_ [n=wasabi@ubuntu/member/wasabi] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== wasabi__ [n=wasabi@cpe-76-184-96-5.tx.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== holycow [n=hello@mail.wjsgroup.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mconnor [n=mconnor@people.mozilla.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mconnorhmm, I bet iwj is asleep already03:58
crimsunlikely. perhaps alexander (asac) is awake?04:03
mconnoroh, right04:03
mconnorasac: ping04:03
=== cr3 [n=marc@pdpc/supporter/bronze/cr3] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mconnorright, it was asac who made the change :-/04:06
mconnorasac: the FeedWriter.js patch fixed the feed preview bug that happens with flat chrome, see LP 6118204:07
=== angasule [n=angasule@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rideout [n=rideout@71-215-92-166.hlrn.qwest.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
asacmconnor: why didn't someone ask for branch approval?04:08
mconnorasac: because we didn't know anyone ships with flat chrome?04:09
mconnorasac: the perf overhead sucks, etc04:10
mconnorasac: whoever landed it didn't point at the LP bug?04:11
asacat least I didn't see it in changelog04:11
asacmconnor: thanks ... will reapply when is out. would you volunteer to take over the approval for step?04:13
mconnorwhich approval?04:13
asacfor landing on branches04:13
mconnorasac: we have a group doing that already, but I'll nominate the upstream patch for approval04:15
asacmconnor: thx04:15
mconnorwhich is probably enough to get it rubber-stamped ;)04:15
asacwhat group?04:15
mconnorthere's no mailing list, because I'm a failure, but its Jay Patel, dveditz, and a rotating group of three others (one from the Firefox team, one from the Platform team, and one from QA)04:16
mconnorI'll hopefully get that handled before I leave for FOSDEM04:16
asacmconnor: good to hear. please keep me updated on new procedures for getting distributor patches approved.04:18
mconnorasac: nominate for the branch once they're appropriately reviewed04:20
mconnorasac: that should be it04:20
mconnorif you run into roadblocks, email me04:21
asacmconnor: ty ... will definitly come back to you soon :)04:22
mconnorasac: I'm not always evil, I really do want this to all be less painful ;)04:22
=== AlinuxOS [n=vsichi@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
asacmconnor: i didn't perceived you as evil ... just as a messenger of sad news :) ... n804:33
mconnorasac: well, that's good, for a while I had visions of showing up at FOSDEM or something and getting swarmed ;)04:35
=== poningru takes reeds cross and pushes it on mconnor's chest watching him melt
mconnorI'm not THAT evil04:45
mconnorI'm just the bad cop sometimes04:45
poningrunaah its reed's cross its got that gnu magick powder04:45
poningruit harms anyone who has written any code in non-GPL/LGPL04:46
poningrubut dont tell reed I stole his cross04:46
=== Gman is now known as GmanAFK
=== azeem [n=mbanck@host109.natpool.mwn.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zul [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mconnorponingru: don't try to sucker me into a discussion about licenses :P04:59
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-devel
poningrumconnor: lol05:16
poningruwtf wrong channel05:16
=== nags [n=nags@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdongseeking prod on bug 8542405:29
UbugtuMalone bug 85424 in gnome-mount "Unmount fails every time " [Undecided,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8542405:29
jdongstale /media/.hal-mtab causes spurious errors from gnome-mount05:29
jdongwondering if that file should be cleaned out per bootup05:30
Hobbseejdong: it's a sunday in most countries, and the europeans are asleep05:32
jdongHobbsee: thanks for ruining my optimism05:33
jdongHobbsee: I'm gonna go three blocks east and jump off the Charles River bridge05:33
jdongHobbsee: and it's all your fault05:33
Hobbseejdong: oh dear...05:34
=== jdong prints off a google map to the bridge
jdonglook, longfellow bridge is only .2 miles away05:34
jdongironically mass general hospital is right across the bridge :)05:35
=== timfrost [n=timfrost@125-236-154-89.broadband-telecom.global-gateway.net.nz] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== fnordus [n=dnall@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== fnordus [n=dnall@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== GmanAFK is now known as Gman
=== freeflying [i=flyingfr@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== FliesLikeABrick [n=Ryan@about/rpi/rawdor] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cypher1 [n=cypher1@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== robitaille [n=daniel@ubuntu/member/robitaille] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mpt [n=mpt@121-72-137-28.dsl.telstraclear.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== marilize [n=marilize@dumbledore.hbd.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== timfrost [n=timfrost@125-236-154-89.broadband-telecom.global-gateway.net.nz] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== MagnusR [n=magru@c83-252-237-96.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== freeflying [i=flyingfr@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Seveas [n=seveas@ubuntu/member/seveas] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Lure [n=lure@external-7.hermes.si] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== thekorn [n=markus@a89-182-7-57.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Zdra [n=zdra@114.209-242-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
MirvMithrandir: you might want to consider applying the patch for bug 22985 (19 duplicates) in xserver-xorg-video-ati, now that there is such09:03
UbugtuMalone bug 22985 in xserver-xorg-video-ati "[x700]  fails to infer lvds for primary connector on acer ferrari 4005 | card detected, but driver fails to use right output port" [High,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/2298509:03
=== mvo [n=egon@p54A64478.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
MithrandirMirv: thanks; I'll have a look.09:05
=== hunger [n=tobias@pd95b0676.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kaptengu [n=kaptengu@c213-100-60-132.swipnet.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zenrox [n=zenrox@pool-71-115-200-45.spknwa.dsl-w.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== BenC__ [n=bcollins@collinsap1.phunnypharm.org] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kaptengu [n=kaptengu@c213-100-60-132.swipnet.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cypher1 [i=cypher1@nat/hp/x-de31dfe36ef24e0b] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Nuscly [n=nuscly@29-231.206-83.static-ip.oleane.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gman is now known as GmanAFK
=== TMM [n=hp@ip5650d1ab.direct-adsl.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== glatzor [n=sebi@p54967B61.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zenrox [n=zenrox@pool-71-115-200-45.spknwa.dsl-w.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== alex-weej [n=alex@halls-129-31-82-59.hor.ic.ac.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i59F7782E.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachgood morning09:52
bhalehello dholbach 09:54
dholbachhey bhale09:56
=== seb128_ [n=seb128@ANancy-151-1-72-41.w81-49.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== BenC [n=bcollins@debian/developer/bcollins] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== usc [n=geir@156.80-203-37.nextgentel.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Zdra_ [n=zdra@93.226-243-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128asac: hi. About that totem,firefox crasher, any reason firefox stopped linking to libxpcom?10:13
=== Yagisan [n=Yagisan@doomsday/developer/Yagisan] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cypher1_ [i=cypher1@nat/hp/x-f2858af71afb76fb] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pitti [n=pitti@ubuntu/member/pitti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittigood morning10:27
ajmitchmorning pitti 10:27
pittihey ajmitch 10:27
seb128hey pitti10:27
seb128hi ajmitch10:27
ajmitchhi seb12810:28
=== pitti hugs seb128
ajmitchso who's approving UVF exceptions at the moment? ubuntu-release?10:28
=== seb128 hugs pitti back
=== ajmitch should have a new (bugfix-only) release of f-spot soon
Mithrandirajmitch: yes, ubuntu-release, but we don't have a process in place for it yet, so it's "nag Tollef on IRC" for now.10:30
ajmitchah right10:31
ajmitchso nag you once I have a package tested?10:31
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-77-253.w86-205.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Fujitsupitti: I've attached a new debdiff to that zope3 SRU, as you may have noticed. I've got no idea if the changelog is user-oriented enough now.10:34
ajmitchFujitsu: tested the twisted-web2 'fix'?10:34
Mithrandirajmitch: yes, for main packages.  Universe has the motu-uvf team.10:35
ajmitchI haven't had any problems with it yet (and have a package ready to upload)10:35
ajmitchMithrandir: yep, I was part of motu-uvf for edgy10:35
Fujitsuajmitch, yep, it seems to sort of work. I haven't tested too much of it.10:35
ajmitchI was playing around a bit with zope3 today, I'll check with doko before I upload10:36
=== sky_walkie [n=hrdlo@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Fjodor [n=sune@0x55510b65.adsl.cybercity.dk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Fjodor_ [n=sune@0x55510b65.adsl.cybercity.dk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Fjodor_ is now known as Fjodor
=== giftnudel [n=mb@frnk-590c4e1f.pool.einsundeins.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ajmitchdoko: ah, your package seems to work fine, thanks :)10:50
=== twilight [n=twilight@ubuntu/member/twilight] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@27.8.100-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== carlos [n=carlos@163.pool85-48-166.static.orange.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== finalbeta [n=finalbet@d5152A68A.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@27.8.100-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-6bdb30c2e9fe3ac0] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachgpocentek: there's a new goffice and gnumeric - if you care about it11:31
seb128dholbach, gpocentek: already packaged by Debian if that makes the job easier11:34
dholbachseb128: that's good to hear... I reckon we just need to apply our "*-gtk packages" patch11:35
gpocentekdholbach, seb128, ok, I'll work on it11:46
=== dholbach hugs gpocentek
=== pirast [n=martin@p508B21E5.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@dsl-217-155-249-190.zen.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dholbach_ [n=daniel@i59F71AE4.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mvo_ [n=egon@p54A64909.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dholbach__ [n=daniel@i59F71D3A.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== davmor2 [n=davmor2@62-30-74-119.cable.ubr04.wolv.blueyonder.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
iwjfabbione: AYT?  What's the current situation with bug 38409 ?12:00
UbugtuMalone bug 38409 in lvm2 "creation of snapshots fails unpredictably" [High,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/3840912:00
=== doko [n=doko@dslb-088-073-109-152.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@17-4.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittidoko: gcc-4.1 is alright now in feisty?12:10
pittiseb128: so I'll ignore Maintainer: stuff for Xish and Gnomeish packages for now?12:10
seb128pitti: correct12:10
dokopitti: yes12:11
pittiso, we need to upload about 10 packages per day until the beta freeze12:11
dokopitti: but not yet built on sparc12:12
=== davmor2 [n=davmor2@62-30-74-119.cable.ubr04.wolv.blueyonder.co.uk] has left #ubuntu-devel []
pittidoko: still building or ftbfs problems? shall I wait?12:12
dokopitti: still building12:12
pittidoko: ok, I'll just wait another day then?12:12
seb128pitti: do you have a list of packages to rebuild somewhere?12:12
pittiseb128: grep-dctrl -sPackage,Maintainer,Original-Maintainer -FVersion ubuntu archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_feisty_main_binary-amd64_Packages | grep-dctrl -sPackage -FMaintainer -v -n ubuntu12:13
dokopitti: do you have a list of packages somewhere? maybe we can sort out some stuff, where we know about new uploads12:13
pittidoko: see above12:13
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@dsl-217-155-249-190.zen.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiseb128: this gives 305 hits so far, but of course this will boil down a bit since we rebuild entire source packages12:14
pittidoko: oh, oo.o-help/l10n covers some 40 packages alone :)12:14
pittiand the X.org video drivers another good chunk12:15
seb128pitti: that's 129 source packages apparently12:15
dokopitti: right ... and I know I will make another upload ... could you put the list in the wiki, so we can sort out some packages to other sections?12:15
pittidoko: 'sections'?12:16
seb128pitti: without xorg and gnome package there is probably like 40 packages to rebuild, we can probably wait and see which ones sort themself12:16
pittiseb128: that's not too bad12:16
dokoparagraphs, whatever12:16
pittidoko: ah, sure12:16
pittiwiki will become obsolete quite fast, though12:16
dokoso you only process these, and others take the responsibility for other packages12:16
pittidoko: right, maintaining an explicit blacklist is fine12:17
asacseb128: have to take a look if it was a regression from last upload. otherwise, I don't know.12:18
seb128asac: that's a regression, totem didn't change recently and those crashes happened since your firefox upload12:18
seb128asac: I think firefox used to link with libxpcom and stopped doing that or something like that, that's not the first time that happens IRC12:19
=== cprov [n=cprov@200-171-140-32.dsl.telesp.net.br] has joined #ubuntu-devel
asacseb128: you sure it popped up with last upload? we a good bunch of totem crashers in bts.12:20
seb128asac: and totem doesn't link explicitly with the firefox libs to not make the browser plugin depends explicitly on a browser12:20
seb128asac: well, the missing symbol was making firefox crash on any video for everybody and I'm pretty sure that's due to a recent change, we started to get totem bugs about that some days ago12:21
asacseb128: ok ... hasn't there been a fix uploaded for totem? ... what does it do, load libxpcom manually?12:21
seb128asac: right, I made the plugin build with "-L/usr/lib/firefox -lxpcom"12:22
seb128asac: totem doesn't do it usually to no Depends specifically on a browser (the browser plugin can work with firefox, xulrunner, etc then)12:23
pittiseb128, doko: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MaintainerFieldRebuilds; please add the things you want to take care of (doko: oo.o-help* are separate sources, will they be updated again before freeze?)12:23
pittiseb128, doko: I'll write an u-d-a mail now with some details12:24
=== sky_walkie [n=hrdlo@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128pitti: do we need to do that?12:24
=== jamesh [n=james@200-171-140-32.dsl.telesp.net.br] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128pitti: can't we just wait 2 weeks and see what solves itself by normal uploads and then do the remaining changes?12:24
asacseb128: ok, then how was it linked before?12:24
pittiseb128: that's the thing, we have pkgbinarymangler in place for a long time already12:25
pittiseb128: and stuff like libogg, mailx, or mount won't change anytime soon again12:25
seb128pitti: those are the ones we can rebuild in 2 weeks12:25
=== davmor2 [n=davmor2@62-30-74-119.cable.ubr04.wolv.blueyonder.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128there is probably not a zillion of them, there is only 129 source packages to rebuild12:26
seb128and a good part of them are xorg drivers12:26
cjwatsonpitti: -sSource:Package FYI12:26
pittiseb128: I don't want to rebuild them on one day, though12:26
seb128pitti: well in one week will be good enough12:26
pittiseb128: ok, WFM12:26
=== cjwatson prods the example command line
pitticjwatson: thanks12:26
seb128asac: I'm looking at it, one min12:26
pitticjwatson: ah, that's 'show Source:, and if that doesn't exist, show Package:'? clever12:27
=== davmor2 [n=davmor2@62-30-74-119.cable.ubr04.wolv.blueyonder.co.uk] has left #ubuntu-devel []
cjwatsonpitti: yeah12:28
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128asac: 12:30
seb128$ objdump -x firefox-bin | grep xpcom12:30
seb128  NEEDED      libxpcom.so12:30
seb128  NEEDED      libxpcom_core.so12:30
dokopitti: and now make it a list of source packages ;-)12:30
seb128$ objdump -x firefox-bin | grep xpcom12:30
seb128  NEEDED      libxpcom_core.so12:30
pittidoko: see grep on updated wiki page12:30
seb128asac: the "NEEDED      libxpcom.so" drop is what created the problem12:31
asacseb128: so lib has not been loaded, so bang ... ok12:33
seb128might be considered as a totem bug though12:33
seb128the "don't link to required libs to not depends on a specific browser" is sort of a workaround12:33
=== asac wonders how firefox works at all without libxpcom.so loaded ... interesting. anyway, I guess I know what caused this.
Riddellcjwatson: new partitioner in kde frontend should be ready to merge in, are you happy for me to go ahead or do you want to take a look first?12:34
cjwatsonRiddell: feel free to blat it into mainline and I'll have a look before upload12:35
cjwatsonRiddell: btw see http://wiki.ubuntu.com/InstallerDevelopment for CIA setup so that your commit gets logged on #ubuntu-installer12:35
lifelesscjwatson: btw, you can configure branches centrally for bzr-email12:37
lifelesscjwatson: and looking at cia-email, that too in all probability12:37
cjwatsonlifeless: sorry, I don't understand?12:37
lifeless'Unlike with a centralised revision control system, this can't (easily) be set up centrally; each committer needs to set this up for each branch.'12:38
lifelessthis is not the case12:38
=== pkl_ [n=phillip@lougher.demon.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonlifeless: I don't see how I could set it up such that anyone's commits get sent to CIA; can you elaborate?12:38
cjwatsonlifeless: the only way I could see to do that would be if I got to install push hooks on the supermirror12:39
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
lifelessif you put the settings in branch.conf, which lives in .bzr/branch, then the code will find the configuration on each machine during post commit12:39
lifelessit should be that all you need to do is to have the plugin installed on each machine12:39
cjwatsonbranch.conf doesn't propagate to other branches surely?12:39
cjwatsonand in any case, my point that each committer will need to do some setup (getting the plugin at least) still stans12:40
lifelessthats true12:40
ograseb128, are you aware of any probs with the screenshooter ? i just had a prob with it (it wasnt saving anything) so i ran an strace which then hardlocked the machine ...12:40
cjwatsonwhich is my main point12:40
lifelessit sounds worse than it is to me12:40
seb128ogra: nop12:40
lifelesswhich was my point12:40
cjwatsonlifeless: feel free to edit the wiki page to more accurately describe the state of affairs, as long as the setup information remains accurate12:41
ogralast thing i saw was it was trying to access a socket in /tmp/.ICE-unix/12:41
cjwatsonlifeless: I think you're reading it as criticism of bzr, which it isn't intended to be12:41
cjwatsonthe primary purpose of that section is to document the setup12:41
lifelesscjwatson: 22:41, so not right now, but we'll see later12:42
cjwatsonI'll s/centrally/on a single central machine/12:42
cjwatsonlifeless: better now?12:43
lifelessits fine, I'll make some time to test exactly what can be done to make the setup easier for you12:44
lifelessI think what I'm really saying is you aren't using bzr's facilities to their fullest for what you seem to want12:44
lifelessand thats really something I'm better placed to fix, but after 0.15 is out12:45
cjwatsonI'd certainly welcome suggestions of improvements12:45
cjwatsonsupermirror hooks to do service notification (whether CIA or something Launchpad-specific) on push would actually be ideal, but that seemed like something I shouldn't hold my breath for12:46
lifelessLP is getting email-on-commits soon12:47
lifelessdone lp specific12:47
cjwatsonperhaps that can be made to be extensible and machine-parseable and stuff12:47
cjwatsonI do like the CIA model, although I appreciate that it overlaps with Launchpad in some ways12:47
cjwatsonIRC notification is the bit I actually care about12:48
Mithrandirseb128: is the gdm socket going to move to /var/run/gdm_socket soonish?12:48
seb128Mithrandir: I'm working on it at the moment12:49
Mithrandirseb128: cheers.12:49
seb128Mithrandir: will be uploaded before lunch12:49
=== heno [n=henrik@ubuntu/member/heno] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirseb128: but the new address will be /var/run/gdm_socket, right?12:50
Mithrandirseb128: I'm updating powermanagement-interface now.12:50
=== Hobbsee waves to Mithrandir
=== Mithrandir waves to Hobbsee
seb128Mithrandir: correct12:50
Mithrandirseb128: cheers12:51
seb128Mithrandir: I can update that package as well if you want12:51
seb128would be nice to have something like 12:51
seb128if (old_socket_name_exist)12:51
Mithrandirif you want to fix it, feel free. :-)12:51
seb128will do12:51
seb128I'm already doing for gnome-session12:52
Mithrandirit should be easy enough to make it iterate over the possible names.12:52
shawarmaStuff in the NEW queue should (if they don't get rejected) make it in time for universe's FF, right?12:52
=== tkjacobsen [n=mash@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gerrath [n=Shane_@unaffiliated/gerrath] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givr1 [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-76-243.w86-205.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
shawarma&win 212:58
shawarma... sorry12:58
Mithrandirshawarma: if we have the time, yes.01:00
=== TeTeT [n=spindler@modemcable178.77-70-69.static.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograkwwii, http://people.ubuntu.com/~ogra/ldm_cairo_screenshot.png01:05
ograi didnt work on the font handling yet01:05
ografeel free to drop me a different wallpaper svg01:06
ograseb128, is there a way that we split out pythons rsvg module from gnome-python2-desktop ? i think the xubuntu guys wont be happy if ldm depends on half of the desktop libs01:09
seb128ogra: there is still a way to split things, yep ;)01:09
ogra(and i wonder why its in there instead of being separate since i started with cairo stuff)01:09
ograwell, would it be possible for feisty ? 01:10
=== tkjacobsen [n=mash@] has left #ubuntu-devel []
shawarmaMithrandir: Ok.. So "likely, yes" ?01:11
kwwiiogra: cool, I'll send you a bg sometime later today01:13
Mithrandirshawarma: "maybe".  We're usually processing the queue in FIFO order, so get your uploads in early rather than late.01:15
shawarmaMithrandir: Ok. The particular upload I'm interested in went in saturday night. Does that qualify as early, you think?01:17
shawarmaMithrandir: It's network-manager-{openvpn,vpnc} if it matters.01:17
infinityI'm happy to do some universe NEW processing when I need a brain break here and there if the distro-owned archive guys are tied up with doing main processing.01:18
Mithrandirshawarma: shiny, yes, I do definitively think we should get that in.01:18
shawarmaMithrandir: Whee! Thank you. :-)01:18
Mithrandirinfinity: I'm doing binary new now, but if you'd like to start with source new at the top or the bottom, that works for me.01:19
infinity(And I agree with Tollef, those are toys I want)01:19
infinityMithrandir: I'm assuming you'll be focussing on main first, so I'll poke at universe stuff when I need a context switch for sanity reasons.01:19
infinityMithrandir: Tomorrow, mind you, I'm about to cut out for the day today (11pm)01:19
Mithrandirinfinity: sounds good to me.01:19
Mithrandirinfinity: binary new is generally so small I just do it all in one batch01:20
=== KaiL [n=KaiL@p548F3D32.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
HobbseeMithrandir: i think the question more is "will we have to file exceptions, etc, if our stuff doesnt get thru NEW in time for the freeze"01:21
infinityMithrandir: Yeah, binary NEW was always just a "I have a few minutes and look, there's some crap in the queue!" thing for me.01:21
infinityHobbsee: If it was uploaded pre-freeze, but not processed, I'd recommend a poke to the -archive list for the ones you're concerned about.01:22
Hobbseeinfinity: right.  shawarma ^01:23
MithrandirHobbsee: I'd have to make up some policy about that.01:23
seb128Mithrandir: I should have left the huge pile of new python -dbg for you :p01:23
Mithrandirbut otherwise as infinity says.01:23
infinityHobbsee: In some cases, it may be stuff we've purposefully not processed, cause we just don't think it can be made useful between now and release, in other cases, it'll be stuff that slipped through and we should process it.01:23
HobbseeMithrandir: well, yeah01:23
Mithrandirseb128: lucky me you didn't. :-)01:23
seb128yeah ;)01:23
shawarmaHobbsee: Mkay.01:24
=== davmor2 [n=davmor2@62-30-74-119.cable.ubr04.wolv.blueyonder.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Spads [n=spacehob@host-87-74-55-87.bulldogdsl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dokoinfinity: could you get me the preprocessed file in the openoffice.org build on amd64?01:34
Mithrandirdoko: hmm, why is ooo-l10n now trying to drag in stlport?  I thought we got rid of that?01:35
dokoMithrandir: not yet rebuilt from new sources01:35
infinitydoko: You know the answer to that.01:36
dokoinfinity: no?01:36
infinitydoko: Correct.01:36
infinitydoko: But if it's required, I can do a manual rebuild and save the chroot.01:36
infinitydoko: By default, it's all blown away post-build.01:36
dokoinfinity: that is the question I have ...01:36
=== chrisj [n=tortoise@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
infinitydoko: Yup, can be done.  Mail me, pretty please, I'll do it in the background tomorrow while coding and such.01:37
=== cr3 [n=marc@pdpc/supporter/bronze/cr3] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dokoinfinity: done01:40
infinitydoko: Danke.01:40
=== cr3 [n=marc@pdpc/supporter/bronze/cr3] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== hunger [n=tobias@pd95b0676.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdubwhat controls gnome power manager showing suspend and hibernate? for some reason, in fisty, mine shows neither (and i can't make the machine suspend)01:48
jdubACPI_SLEEP and ACPI_HIBERNAME == true in /etc/default/acpi-support01:49
cjwatson(last I checked)01:49
jdub$ pmi capabilities01:49
jdubhibernate suspend01:49
cjwatsonguess I'm wrong then01:49
=== cypher1 [i=cypher1@nat/hp/x-bf9703c7a9c3b0b9] has joined #ubuntu-devel
lifelessjdub: try clicking on logout again01:50
jdubafter i ran the power manager applet01:50
jdubgnome-power-manager ran01:50
jduband now i can see them in power manager again01:50
Riddellseb128: re bug 86257, do you know if the gdk-pixbuf feature is used by anything?01:51
UbugtuMalone bug 86257 in amarok "amaroK indirectly depends on libgtk2.0 (dup-of: 59663)" [Wishlist,Rejected]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8625701:51
UbugtuMalone bug 59663 in libgpod "Please build without gdk-pixbuf/gtk" [Wishlist,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/5966301:51
seb128Riddell: gtkpod01:51
jdubso g-p-m is never run, it seems01:51
seb128jdub: do you have an autostart to /etc/xdg/autostart for it?01:51
=== sky_walkie [i=czzhrd02@xdsl-563.lodz.dialog.net.pl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Riddellseb128: ok01:51
jdubseb128: hmm! no01:52
jdubnot in startup programs either01:52
seb128jdub: what version of the package do you have installed?01:52
jdubit has a /usr/share/gnome/autostart directory, but it's empty01:53
geserinfinity: Hi. Have you some time to look at the build failure of xmms2? http://librarian.launchpad.net/6335715/buildlog_ubuntu-feisty-i386.xmms2_0.2DrHouse-3.1ubuntu3_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz01:54
geserinfinity: it's HASH(0x82db558)="" in the environment that /bin/sh can't parse and errors out01:55
infinitygeser: Yeah, I recall, though it wasn't on my immediate TODO.  Can you mail me about it, though?01:56
infinitygeser: The failure looks... Interesting... But should be trackable.01:56
seb128jdub: 01:56
seb128$ dpkg -L gnome-power-manager | grep desktop01:56
seb128jdub: maybe you removed the autostart at some point and since that's a conffile ...01:57
geserinfinity: I send you an email on 7 Feb 2007 about it. Should I send it again?01:59
jdubseb128: hrm, can't imagine i dicked with that02:01
cjwatsonif I've got a runtime-determined set of buttons which may well end up not fitting onto a single line in a GTK UI, what container widget should I use for them? It doesn't look like HButtonBox will wrap02:01
henodholbach, Mithrandir: can we still get a new upstream version of onboard? the current one is broken since the python changes. Should I file a UVF request?02:01
Mithrandirheno: debdiff, please?02:02
infinitygeser: Oh, so you did.02:02
infinitygeser: Again might be nice anyway, unlike most people, I appreciate the occasional nag. :)02:03
henoMithrandir: I'll ask Chris to prepare one02:03
Mithrandirheno: thanks.02:04
=== WaterSevenUb [n=WaterSev@azevedo.astro.up.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== guyvdb [n=guy@kotnet-144.kulnet.kuleuven.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
geserdo Debian updates of native packages need an UVF exception?02:12
jdubseb128: i just upgraded g-p-m and now i have that file :)02:15
shawarmaDoes our sparc version install in a qemu sparc thing?02:17
=== shufla [n=shufla@gii66.internetdsl.tpnet.pl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
infinityNo idea, you could try. :)02:18
infinityI've only installed it on real hardware.02:18
shawarmaI tried it a while ago, but it didn't work, but I don't know if it's me or qemu that's being stupid.  I'm going to try again when the feisty image is done downloading.02:19
=== shufla [n=shufla@gii66.internetdsl.tpnet.pl] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Leaving"]
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@27.8.100-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128jdub: ah, you had .90, yeah that was a known bug fixed02:21
shawarmainfinity: It seems not. It just says "Unsupported image format02:22
mvoiwj: I assume you have intimite knowledge of update-alternatives? if you could have a look at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/vim/+bug/84466, it looks like there is some problem with it there02:26
UbugtuMalone bug 84466 in vim "[apport]  package vim-tiny failed to install/upgrade:  (dup-of: 84906)" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  02:26
UbugtuMalone bug 84906 in vim "vim-tiny postinst fails" [Undecided,Confirmed]  02:26
iwjmvo: Hmm.02:27
mvoupdate-alternatives: unable to make /usr/share/man/ru.KOI8-R/man1/vi.1.gz.dpkg-tmp a symlink to /etc/alternatives/vi.ru.KOI8-R.1.gz: No such file or directory02:27
mvothat is the error02:27
mvovi.ru.KOI8-R.1.gz vanished from the packaage in the later version but was part of it in the earlier version02:28
infinityThen the slave needs to be removed with a version check, no?02:28
iwjWell, the _alternative_ needs to be removed.02:29
iwjExactly how that should work depends on what the old package said.02:29
iwjOh, err, no, infinity was right.02:29
=== pkl_ [n=phillip@lougher.demon.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonmvo: there's a Debian bug for that too02:30
mvohm, prerm runs "update-alternatives --remove vi" and it seems to be only trigger for some people02:30
mvoI'm unable to reproduce it here02:30
cjwatsonI reproduced it02:30
=== tbf [n=mathias@ip-80-226-0-1.vodafone-net.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirit fixes itself over a couple of runs, iirc.02:30
iwjThat's weird.02:30
jdubseb128: thanks :)02:31
cjwatsonyes, update-alternatives removes the slaves one by one on repeated runs, or something like that02:31
seb128jdub: np02:31
tbffinally found some script for creating linux-to-osx cross-compilers02:31
iwjcjwatson: Freaky.02:31
=== cjwatson tries to find the bug
tbfwondering if this script should not be turned into some ubuntu package - like the mingw32 packages02:31
UbugtuDebian bug 399024 in vim "Upgrade fails because of missing man page directory" [Important,Closed]  02:33
cjwatsoniwj,mvo: ^--02:33
shawarmaWhere would I ask questions about Ubuntu on Sparc hardware? (May god have mercy on the soul of the first person who says #ubuntu..)02:33
cjwatsonI attached a /var/lib/dpkg/alternatives/view to that bug02:33
gnomefreakshawarma: but you leave it wide open for someone to say #ubuntu ;)02:33
mvocjwatson: thanks! 02:34
cjwatsonsupposedly we can merge to fix it, but there may be an update-alternatives bug there too02:34
=== shawarma grumbles
gnomefreakasac: not many people in #ubuntu use sparc anyway02:37
iwjcjwatson, mvo: I think this needs looking at the code really.  Do you want me to take a look ?02:37
=== Gerrath [n=Shane_@unaffiliated/gerrath] has joined #ubuntu-devel
iwjI mean the code in update-alternatives.02:38
mvoiwj: I would appreciate that, especially since it does seem to be triggered on nano as well (not only vim)02:38
iwjThe `rerun it to fix it' definitely sounds like an u-a bug.02:38
iwjmvo: OK, willdo.02:38
shawarmagnomefreak: precisely.02:38
gnomefreakshawarma: is ther a #sparc channel?02:38
mvoiwj: thanks, I subscribed you to bug https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dpkg/+bug/84906 (the master) and will add the information we have so far02:41
UbugtuMalone bug 84906 in vim "vim-tiny postinst fails" [Undecided,Confirmed]  02:41
iwjmvo: Thanks.02:44
=== boggle [n=spindler@modemcable178.77-70-69.static.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mvoiwj: I also added how the workaround works. let me know if I can do more 02:49
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-13-63.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@cm14.omega126.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gerrath [n=Shane_@unaffiliated/gerrath] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== finalbeta [n=finalbet@d5152A68A.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@c-71-224-172-103.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mr_pouit [n=mr_pouit@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jono [n=jono@ubuntu/member/jono] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ANancy-151-1-72-41.w81-49.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== finalbeta [n=finalbet@d5152A68A.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== finalbeta [n=finalbet@d5152A68A.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== davmor2 [n=davmor2@62-30-74-119.cable.ubr04.wolv.blueyonder.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== davmor2 [n=davmor2@62-30-74-119.cable.ubr04.wolv.blueyonder.co.uk] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== giskard_ [n=giskard@213-140-22-74.fastres.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== heno [n=henrik@ubuntu/member/heno] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== eXistenZ [n=existenz@unaffiliated/eXistenZ] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jinty [n=jinty@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirshawarma: you need to ship a copy of the licences in the orig.tar.gz.03:51
=== lakin [n=lakin@S01060013101832ce.cg.shawcable.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128Mithrandir: are you doing syncs atm?03:57
Mithrandirseb128: nope03:58
seb128ok, I'm doing the libdrm sync now then03:58
seb128does anybody have an opinion on using gnome-power-manager for restart and shutdown from GNOME rather than gdm?04:00
seb128it would make the actions work for people not running gdm04:00
seb128and make them configurable by gconf with the possibility for an admin to force settings for example04:01
giskard_g-p-m is installed by default?04:01
mvoseb128: if you do this, please let me know because I would have to switch the reboot method in u-n (it currently uses gdm)04:02
seb128it would also means means gnome-session has to keep depending on gnome-power-manager04:02
seb128pitti as requestion a move to Recommends for it04:02
seb128mvo: well, you don't "have to", gdm keeps working04:02
Mithrandirubiquity would also need updating that way.04:02
seb128giskard: yep, it's part of GNOME desktop and gnome-session uses it for power management04:02
seb128giskard: speaking about g-p-m, do you maintain it for Ubuntu? Help on the huge bugs list would be welcome ;)04:03
seb128"pitti was asking if we could Recommends g-p-m only" rather ;)04:04
seb128mvo, Mithrandir: any preference between using gdm or gpm?04:05
ograMithrandir, not as long as we use gdm on the livecd ...04:05
ograseb128, i'd go for gpm ...04:06
ograto have all options centralized in one place04:06
ograand there is finally a centralized source for the bugs ...04:06
seb128need to check if it works fine with usplash now04:07
mvoI don't mind either way, I just want to keep u-n in sync so that is uses the same method04:07
seb128we reverted that change for dapper because we had no usplash screen on shutdown with it IIRC04:07
ogranobody told me ... whats required to make it work if it doesnt ? 04:08
seb128not sure04:09
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== chrisj [n=tortoise@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograwell, it shouldnt be to hard given that it works from console as well as from gdm04:10
seb128probably not04:11
=== sabdfl [n=sabdfl@ubuntu/member/pdpc.silver.sabdfl] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508D9040.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== herzi [n=herzi@p548FBE1B.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sbalneav [n=sbalneav@mail.legalaid.mb.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== angasule [n=angasule@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== gpocentek [n=gauvain@sd-4736.dedibox.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
keescookMithrandir: aagh.  sorry (see email).  I was doing the UVFe upload, so I didn't study the packaging -- I assumed it was unchanged from the prior package.04:28
=== Gerrath [n=Shane_@unaffiliated/gerrath] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128hi keescook04:30
keescookhiya seb12804:30
seb128keescook: do you want to work on the "filename doesn't match mimetype" thingy?04:31
keescookseb128: not today at least; it's a holiday here.  :)  I am interested in poking at it in general, though, since it relates to .desktop management.04:32
seb128keescook: ah right, enjoy your holiday ;) You have some interest for .desktop management? ;)04:32
keescookseb128: well, from the perspective of changing the entire design to make sure .desktop files have to be executable, etc, yeah.  :)04:33
keescookbut I can't do that without a better understanding of things around them.04:33
seb128keescook: BTW Debian patched nautilus for the "don't run .desktop not named .desktop" problem04:33
seb128keescook: I'll grab the patch once it got some testing in Debian04:34
keescookseb128: excellent.  :)04:34
=== pitti [n=pitti@ubuntu/member/pitti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128wb pitti04:36
=== pitti grumpfs - still no real network back
pittihey seb12804:36
seb128pitti: any opinion on making GNOME uses gnome-power-manager for restart and shutdown?04:37
seb128pitti: that would mean to Depends on g-p-m and you opened a bug for moving it to Recommends04:37
seb128the advantage over using gdm is that it would work for people not using gdm04:37
=== leleobhz [n=leleobhz@unaffiliated/leleobhz] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiseb128: if it's better/easier for you, sure04:37
seb128and would allow gconf config flexibility04:37
keescookokay, so I want to fix up my mistake with the mythtv upload... I imagine I should move the /home stuff to /var/lib/mythtv somewhere, correct?  Anyone see anything else wrong with it?04:38
=== wasabi [n=jhaltom@ubuntu/member/wasabi] has joined #ubuntu-devel
leleobhzsomeone can help-me to update the jackd?04:38
leleobhzim trying to insert libfreebob support04:38
seb128pitti: well, it's not really easier since it's already working with gdm atm. I'm just wondering if using g-p-m for that would be better04:38
leleobhzbut im unsuccessfull04:39
pittiseb128: hm, I don't have a strong opinion about it; I don't know the pros and cons, but as desktop team master you should decide04:39
seb128one advantage is the gconf use which could make easier for admin to force values by user category04:39
seb128pitti: what was the reason you were trying to remove gnome-power-manager? Cleaning the installed packages or it's created problems for you?04:41
seb128I'm try to determine if moving to Recommends (which we can do if we keep using gdm) would make some users happy04:42
pittiseb128: no, just getting rid of unnecessary cruft on a desktop system04:43
pittiseb128: there's no other point in running all the dynamic freq/battery/power stuff here04:43
pittiseb128: but I wouldn't particularly mind if g-p-m keeps being installed04:44
wasabiI like GPM on my desktop... because I have a UPS. :004:44
wasabiAnd it all sort of works together really cooly.04:44
=== giftnudel [n=mb@frnk-590c4e1f.pool.einsundeins.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
wasabiEven lets me shut down when the UPS power gets too low.04:44
Mithrandirkeescook: the previous package was busted too.04:52
keescookMithrandir: yeah.  :(  I've started making a list of all the problems I see with it.  What's the right way for me to fix this?04:52
pittidoko: ah, gcc-4.1/sparc built04:52
Mithrandirkeescook: apply the necessary cluebats to the sponsee and get him to make you new packages until you're really, really happy with them.04:53
Mithrandirkeescook: then upload them.04:53
keescookMithrandir: okay.  what would you suggest for the /home dot-file shipping issue?  just move the mythtv user in /var/lib/mythtv or something?04:54
Mithrandirkeescook: for instance, yes.04:54
keescookMithrandir: did anything else jump out at you?04:55
Mithrandirkeescook: I don't see the point of the metapackages, particularly not four of them04:56
=== leleobhz [n=leleobhz@unaffiliated/leleobhz] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Konversation]
keescookMithrandir: as far as I can see; they're for setting up specific configurations of mythtv, in the right combinations for what a person wants their system doing.04:58
Mithrandirkeescook: a couple of them didn't have any postinsts.04:58
keescookMithrandir: I don't think a postinst is required for them; they're just the list of the various myth packages to get installed to get a sane myth setup.04:59
Mithrandirkeescook: why can't that just go into the description of the packages they depend on?05:00
keescookMithrandir: I assumed it was to make it easy to install a given configuration.  I'm happy to make whatever changes; this package is giant.  :)05:01
Mithrandirkeescook: I don't think the metapackages make sense there; they're like "frontend-backend", something which doesn't make any kind of sense unless you know a bit about how mythtv is put together (and then the metapackage still doesn't make any sense, because you can just as easily install the two packages it depends on)05:02
=== sabdfl [n=sabdfl@ubuntu/member/pdpc.silver.sabdfl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lukaswayne9 [n=lukas@c-68-84-69-12.hsd1.nj.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pkl_ [n=phillip@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
keescookMithrandir: I could go either way; the metapackages do enforce some non-myth deps that are required for sane functioning.  looking at it, for example, the ubuntu-mythtv-master-backend requires mysql-server, where as u-m-secondary-b does not, etc.05:06
keescookI'm going to have to have some preinst scripts build some /etc/defaults files too, for sane migration out of /home and /media (!!)05:11
=== glatzor [n=sebi@host-82-135-29-2.customer.m-online.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sacater [n=sacater@host81-154-197-124.range81-154.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== abattoir_ [n=abattoir@cm14.omega126.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pitti [n=pitti@ubuntu/member/pitti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
shawarmaMithrandir: As in basically a copy of debian/copyright?05:38
Mithrandirshawarma: as in a full copy of the licence.  05:40
shawarmaMithrandir: Alright. The LGPL stuff is contained in then auth-daemon directory, so I could toss the LGPL COPYING file in there and the GPL one in the main dir. Something like that?05:42
Mithrandirshawarma: yes, that's fine05:43
shawarmaCoolness, even.05:43
shawarmaMithrandir: I have to say, it really feels wrong to alter the orig.tar.gz..05:46
cjwatsonI don't see why this needs to go in the .orig.tar.gz05:47
cjwatsonthe only reason to modify the .orig.tar.gz is really if for some reason we have to remove stuff from it05:47
shawarmaOk, now I'm really confused. :-)05:48
Chipzzshawarma: licensing issues05:49
Mithrandirit's an svn snapshot anyway.05:49
Chipzzshawarma: if the orig.tar.gz contains material which is not suitable for distribution05:49
shawarmaChipzz: Yes, yes, I get that.05:49
Chipzzshawarma: all the rest can be taken care of with a patch05:50
shawarmaChipzz: I'm just confused since cjwatson and Mithrandir seems to be giving me contradictory orders. :-)05:50
keescookMithrandir: trimmed metapackages to 2.  :)05:50
Mithrandirshawarma: we are, because we are of a differing opinion.  I am of the belief that the orig.tar.gz by itself has to allow for redistribution and not just reference the licence.05:51
Chipzzis it normal that apt-get dist-upgrade keeps insisting on removing hwdb-client and a couple of python packages?05:52
Chipzzthis seems like some unsorted stuff from python 2.4 -> 2.5 migration05:53
shawarmaMithrandir: That is also a valid point.. fine, I'll add it, but I'll be feeling funny while doing it. :-)05:55
dokopitti, seb128, cjwatson: please promote the binary only python packages, found in anastacias output05:55
seb128doko: today's is Mithrandir's archive day ;)05:55
=== ubuntu_demon [n=ubuntu_d@ubuntu/member/ubuntudemon/-x-12083] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-7-189.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dokoMithrandir: ^^^ ;)06:02
Mithrandirdoko: yeah, I'll poke it06:04
shawarmaMithrandir: Should I subsequently make sure that those COPYING files are copied to /usr/share/doc/..../ ?06:04
=== rexbron [n=rexbron@complex1-372-008.resnet.yorku.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirshawarma: no.06:06
shawarmaMithrandir: Ok.06:06
=== holycow [n=hello@mail.wjsgroup.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pochu [n=pochu@38.Red-88-7-170.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kagou [n=kagou@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mr_pouit [n=mr_pouit@lns-bzn-49f-81-56-214-84.adsl.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lmanul [n=manu@dan75-4-82-239-58-38.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rraphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pochuI have just tried to update the system, but the update-manager tells me that it's dangerous because the packages aren't authenticated. did you know this?06:17
cjwatsonthis sometimes happens transiently if the mirror you're using got a bit desynchronised06:18
cjwatsonreload in synaptic (or apt-get update, or whatever) in a while and try again06:18
=== mbiebl [n=michael@e180126203.adsl.alicedsl.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pochucjwatson: ok, thanks. but I think I'm using the main server :)06:19
=== Gerrath [n=Shane_@unaffiliated/gerrath] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonpochu: unfortunately once in a while it happens on archive.ubuntu.com as well; it should go away in an hour06:21
pochucjwatson: there is no problem in update, right?06:21
shawarmaMithrandir: Reuploaded the network-manager-{openvpn,vpnc} packages.06:21
Mithrandirshawarma: cheers.06:21
=== chand| [n=rsamson@linagoraberri.pck.nerim.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
shawarmaMithrandir: Thanks for your help!06:28
=== pvanhoof [n=pvanhoof@d54C0EE14.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pochu [n=pochu@38.Red-88-7-170.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Och4 [i=Och4@74-136-208-150.dhcp.insightbb.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Ocha [i=Ocha@74-136-208-150.dhcp.insightbb.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Ochahello everyone06:54
=== alex-weej [n=alex@halls-129-31-82-59.hor.ic.ac.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kagou_ [n=kagou@88-138-215-130.adslgp.cegetel.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== enrico [n=enrico@debian/developer/enrico] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== twilight [n=twilight@ubuntu/member/twilight] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-7-189.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-7-189.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== eXistenZ [n=existenz@unaffiliated/eXistenZ] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Ochano one here :-/07:10
=== holycow [n=hello@mail.wjsgroup.com] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Ex-Chat"]
=== yveslu [n=yves@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== doko [n=doko@dslb-088-074-027-061.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lbm [n=lbm@0x555373ab.adsl.cybercity.dk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Riddellpitti: 84717 updated with patches with improved descriptions and some missing dependencies and shlibs07:25
Riddellbug 8471707:25
UbugtuMalone bug 84717 in update-manager "SRU: updates necessary for Kubuntu Upgrade Tool in Edgy" [Undecided,Needs info]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8471707:25
pittiRiddell: ah, great07:25
Riddellpitti: nothing much can be done about the complexity of the diffs in kdelibs or python-kde3 I'm afraid07:25
pittiRiddell: hm, they seemed to have shifted code around07:26
Riddellpitti: the methods added in the kdelibs patch do reuse some lines of code from the existing open() method which makes diff not just give you a diff of the methods07:27
Ochaoooow, someone is talking.  hello all, i would like some information out of you guys.  I'm looking into getting ubuntu, but i want to be selled first.  tell me whats great about ubuntu.07:36
NafalloOcha: you probably want #ubuntu :-)07:36
=== jonib1 [n=jonas@ua-83-227-144-18.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Ochayour telling me you can't describe any good of ubuntu?  but thanks for the channel.07:37
mjg59Ocha: We could, but this is the wrong place to ask07:37
Ochasorry then, what is this channel for?07:38
=== jonib1 [n=jonas@ua-83-227-144-18.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] has left #ubuntu-devel []
mjg59Development of Ubuntu07:38
Ochathought so, thanks everyone. ^_,^  have a good day.07:38
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gerrath [n=Shane_@unaffiliated/gerrath] has joined #ubuntu-devel
yvesluhello, I have an observation regarding startup speed of OOo, something that looks strange07:53
yveslufor fun I put fedora core 6 on the laptop, alongside with edgy and feisty07:54
yvesluwarmstart of oowriter on edgy takes almost 3 seconds07:54
yvesluon feisty a little less, about 2.5 I guess07:54
yvesluand on fedora 6 it takes 1, yes one, second07:54
yveslualso, their whole gnome starts in 3 seconds, on my edgy it takes twice the time07:55
yvesluso finally the question: is feisty built with dt_gnu_hash already?07:56
=== sky_walkie [n=user@r27s01p03.home.nbox.cz] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== GmanAFK is now known as Gman
=== robitaille [n=daniel@ubuntu/member/robitaille] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jinty [n=jinty@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== giskard [n=giskard@213-140-22-74.fastres.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Reefa [i=mystical@CPE000fb51976fb-CM0011e6c77317.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ReefaHowdy eeryone, Was hoping someone could shed some light on this error for me, with amd64 ubuntu 6.10 and with ubuntu i368 6.10, it loads live fine but when I actually install and reboot I get, tty can't start job control. Any ideas?08:04
=== mr_pouit [n=mr_pouit@lns-bzn-49f-81-56-214-84.adsl.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== troy_s [n=aphorism@d206-116-6-170.bchsia.telus.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
TreenaksReefa: Please ask support questions on #ubuntu; this is not a support channel, but a development channel08:10
ReefaYeah no one there could help me08:13
ReefaOr answer lol08:13
ReefaSure no dev might be able to lend me a minute?08:13
sladenReefa: could you file a bug report on https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug08:13
sladenreefa: people would love to lend you a hand, but on #ubuntu :)08:14
ReefaI've been in there for 20 mins asking that question, no one there is happy to lend a hand :)08:15
=== pochu [n=pochu@38.Red-88-7-170.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== yveslu [n=yves@] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Kopete]
=== daviey [n=dave1111@cpc1-sout2-0-0-cust111.sotn.cable.ntl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pochu [n=pochu@38.Red-88-7-170.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has left #ubuntu-devel ["bye!"]
=== duese [n=Ident@p5484DC24.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== finalbeta [n=finalbet@d5152A68A.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pochu_ [n=pochu@38.Red-88-7-170.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Ubugtu [n=bugbot@ubuntu/bot/ubugtu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Reefa [i=mystical@CPE000fb51976fb-CM0011e6c77317.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@17-4.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== superm1 [n=superm1@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mpt [n=mpt@121-72-137-28.dsl.telstraclear.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cjwatson [n=cjwatson@82-69-40-219.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
superm1cjwatson, are you around?09:03
cjwatsonsuperm1: kind of09:04
superm1well i just had a quick suggestion/question for ubuiqity09:04
=== hagi [n=hagi@adsl-84-227-176-69.adslplus.ch] has joined #ubuntu-devel
superm1i wanted to see if you could add "mythtv" to the list of reserved usernames 09:04
superm1that it prevents from being used09:04
sladencjwatson: which part of ubiquity selects the partitions to be passed to grub post-install?09:05
=== spacey [n=herman@ubuntu/member/spacey] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonsuperm1: that's in user-setup; feel free to file a bug09:06
cjwatsonsuperm1: (sounds reasonable)09:06
sladen(causes 'root=' to be filled out in menu.lst09:06
superm1oh didn't realize which package it was part of, will do09:06
cjwatsonsladen: that's done by update-grub in the grub package09:07
cjwatsonsladen: ... which fishes it out of /etc/fstab for itself09:07
sladencjwatson: okay thanks, I'll follow it back09:08
=== ubuntu_ [n=ubuntu@CPE000fb51976fb-CM0011e6c77317.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sladenubuntu_: /nick Reefa09:13
=== CarlF3 [n=juser@adsl-75-0-148-152.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ubuntu_ is now known as Reefa
=== philwyett [n=philwyet@bb-87-81-146-45.ukonline.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givr1 [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-15-132.w82-120.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== chrisj [n=tortoise@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hagi [n=hagi@adsl-84-227-176-69.adslplus.ch] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Reefa_ [n=ubuntu@CPE000fb51976fb-CM0011e6c77317.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Reefa_ [n=ubuntu@CPE000fb51976fb-CM0011e6c77317.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Ex-Chat"]
=== Reefa_ [n=ubuntu@CPE000fb51976fb-CM0011e6c77317.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== RageMax [n=RageMax@pool-72-95-186-120.pitbpa.east.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jrib [n=jasonr@upstream/dev/jrib] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Reefa [n=ubuntu@CPE000fb51976fb-CM0011e6c77317.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
RageMaxanyone know what package reconfigures fstab and menu.lst to use UUID? I didn't do the proper upgrade to edgy and those files never got switched to the new system09:25
=== glatzor [n=sebi@p57AEED33.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Xappe [i=xappe@wax-works.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
stgraberRageMax: Maybe "volumeid"09:28
RageMaxok, I'll take a look at that one09:28
geserRageMax: /etc/fstab was handled by volumeid09:28
RageMaxI at least know it's not ubuntu-base09:28
RageMaxI'm wondering why dist-upgrade didn't take care of that though09:28
geserRageMax: and menu.lst is updated by /usr/bin/update-grub09:30
=== ubuntu_demon [n=ubuntu_d@ubuntu/member/ubuntudemon/-x-12083] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== shackan [n=shackan@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rraphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== glatzor [n=sebi@p57AEED33.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-76-97.w86-205.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== firephoto [n=tom@pool-71-115-214-25.spknwa.dsl-w.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
RageMaxgeser: right, but I don't think it automatically changes to the UUID format09:56
=== shackan [n=shackan@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
geserRageMax: I've only feisty to check but update-grub uses vol_id to do the translation from /dev/* to uuid09:59
RageMaxok, I try it09:59
geserRageMax: search for vol_id in the script10:00
=== [knap] [n=luis@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Seveaz [n=seveas@ubuntu/member/seveas] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== anibal [n=anibal@debian/developer/anibal] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hoora_217 [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-630d81d1e2d2226f] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== shackan [n=shackan@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-152-1-76-97.w86-205.abo.wanadoo.fr] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508DB835.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== robitaille [n=daniel@ubuntu/member/robitaille] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ryu [n=chris@unaffiliated/ryu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== eggauah [n=daniel@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@c-71-224-172-103.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== CarlF1 [n=juser@adsl-75-0-148-152.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zul [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== guyvdb [n=guy@kotnet-144.kulnet.kuleuven.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pirast [n=martin@p508B21E5.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kmon [n=javier@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jrib [n=jasonr@upstream/dev/jrib] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== guyvdb [n=guy@kotnet-144.kulnet.kuleuven.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!