sistpotyharpreet: /me uses debsign (wrapper around gpg) for this purpose... maybe it'll make your life easier ;)12:12
harpreetStefan: Last time you listed the right gpg parameter and the step to figure out if we had signed in the right manner. I missed out on documenting that, can you list out.12:12
norsettog'night all12:12
=== norsetto [n=norsetto@host135-212-dynamic.3-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has left #ubuntu-motu []
harpreetStefan: it was pretty easy last time :-), the other way I need to get our release engineer an account in Ubuntu :-) -she will not like doing that.12:13
sistpotyharpreet: debuild -S -sa -us -uc (-S -> build source package, -sa include orig.tar.gz, -us -uc do not sign anything (man dpkg-buildpackage can tell you the details))12:13
=== RAOF [n=Chris_@matht464.maths.unsw.edu.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
sistpotyharpreet: then you can simply run debsign -k0x8d7fca91 *changes (of course with your key, not mine ;))12:14
jdongcrimsun: I appear to be mistaken, xgl does build against system mesa12:14
TheMusoBack later folks.12:14
harpreetstefan: Aha, thats what I was looking for :-)12:14
harpreetStefan: will try it out and let you know if I run into any issues.12:14
jdongcrimsun: so the bundled mesa updates in the debdiff probably aren't needed, but I'm not sure if that means we should magically drop them....12:14
harpreetstefan: thanks!12:14
sistpotyharpreet: ok, glad to help 12:14
=== ubotu [n=ubotu@ubuntu/bot/ubotu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Ubugtu [n=bugbot@ubuntu/bot/ubugtu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
shawarmaWho are the tiber admins again? I keep forgetting12:19
LaserJockshawarma: do you need something?12:20
shawarmaLaserJock: I have a toy I want to test. :-)12:20
LaserJockwhat kind of toy? :-)12:22
shawarmaI've created a fuse filesystem that fetches ssh keys from launchpad on the fly and imbrandon doesn't seem to be around so I can get it tested on the new build servers.12:22
=== matt_good__ [n=matt@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
shawarmaOh, not everyone as access to tiber.. I keep forgetting that too. :-)12:23
harpreetstefan: that worked sweet :-). I will upload the packages - there will be 4 in all and email Daniel Holbach about it.12:24
=== daviey [n=dave1111@unaffiliated/daviey] has joined #ubuntu-motu
davieyHi, i am unable to retrieve my password for REVU.12:24
sistpotyharpreet: great :)12:27
sistpotydaviey: did you (successfully) upload a package to revu yet?12:32
davieyyes, and a diff12:32
sistpotydaviey: hm... give me a minute12:32
shawarmajetsaredi1: Could you ping me when you're done?12:34
crimsunjdong: I just read the xinerama comment for that bug.12:36
jdongcrimsun: I'm working with the commentor right now12:36
=== macd [n=d@adsl-222-8-111.msy.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsunjdong: excellent, thanks12:37
jdongcrimsun: apparently some form of xinerama is in the source, and a option is in the binary, just need to figure out how it works :)12:37
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jdongcrimsun: but I think we're making some progress :)12:37
jdongcrimsun: so as far as the xinerama stuff, our ./configure enables system mesa, so the built in stuff isn't even used....12:37
jdong(I'm shocked that's working at all :D)12:37
crimsunback in 42 mins, watching BSG cap12:38
jdongso I guess a good chunk of the debdiff is unimportant then :)12:38
shawarmacrimsun: bsg?12:38
crimsunshawarma: http://epguides.com/BattlestarGalactica/12:38
shawarmacrimsun: oh12:38
jdongshawarma: you have gone down a nerd-IQ notch in my books ;-)12:39
RAOFWoah, not knowing BSG?  Heresy!12:39
jdongcrimsun: ha, xinerama works. needs +xinerama line on command line!12:39
shawarmajdong: So I'm down to what? eleventy billion-1?12:39
harpreetstefan: Thanks again for your help I have uploaded the files and have sent a message to Daniel12:40
crimsunjdong: excellent.12:40
jdongshawarma: use of eleventy has also brought you down. Everyone knows it switches into karma points after eleventy million.12:40
shawarmajdong: "eleventy" gives negative points? Your rules!12:43
shawarmajdong: Eleventy is the coolest number ever.12:43
shawarmajdong: Nobody know quite how large it is; only that it's *really* large.12:44
sistpotydaviey: no idea right now why recovering your pw doesn't work... I'll send you an encrypted mail with the pw.12:44
jdongshawarma: watch out with immature innuendos around me.12:44
jdongshawarma: I am a sucker for them.12:44
=== jdong snickers immaturely and forgets he should be finishing important homework
davieysistpoty, thanks12:45
shawarmajdong: Oh, don't speak to me about homework. I have a killer exam on Thursday and I've hardly opened a book yet. 12:46
sistpotydaviey: ah, now I know why it won't work: your ELG-E key (used for encryption) has expired12:46
jdongshawarma: sounds like me :)12:46
shawarmajdong: You study cs?12:46
davieysistpoty, still?  I fixed that and published it12:46
=== fatman2 [n=none@c-75-69-6-21.hsd1.vt.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
fatman2 hello i am fatman and i weigh 400 pounds.  you can see videos of my supreme fatness at www.fatman.tk12:47
sistpotydaviey: hm... just imported your key locally from keyserver.ubuntu.com, no luck so far12:47
jdongshawarma: yeah, I do :)12:47
=== fatman2 [n=none@c-75-69-6-21.hsd1.vt.comcast.net] has left #ubuntu-motu []
jdongshawarma: and it's called course 6.12:47
shawarmajdong: course 6 means nothing to me. Should it?12:48
sistpotydaviey: I'll just send the pw to you as a plain email (won't give you much rights besides posting comments to your uploads), but I guess you should fix that key issue sometime12:48
jdongshawarma: it's not called CS, it's called Course 6. always :)12:49
davieysistpoty, thanks12:49
shawarmajdong: I see. And I suppose there's a totally rational explanation to that.12:49
jdongshawarma: at least that's what Professor Abelson said on first day....12:49
sistpotyyou're welcome12:49
jdongshawarma: when Hal Abelson says something, you submit.12:49
geserwow, over 150 bugs for ubuntu-universe-sponsors12:50
shawarmajdong: Of course.12:50
jdongshawarma: he's already found enjoyment picking on my social ineptitude :)12:51
crimsunjdong: 87687 +1'd12:51
jdongcrimsun: yay *hug*12:51
jdongcrimsun: one more technical question.....12:51
jdongnever mind12:51
jdongactually, answered myself :)12:51
jdongshawarma: today he convinced me that he was deeply offended if people move the chairs in his lecture room12:52
shawarmajdong: Of course. They were put there for a reason.12:52
jdongshawarma: lol, I seriously believed him and started apologizing profusely :D12:53
=== Marsmensch [n=daniel@dslb-084-056-099-149.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Ash-Fox [i=UNKNOWN@fgd182.internetdsl.tpnet.pl] has joined #Ubuntu-motu
=== _MMA_ [n=mma@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== rrittenhouse [n=tad@unaffiliated/rrittenhouse] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Ash-Fox [i=UNKNOWN@fgd182.internetdsl.tpnet.pl] has joined #Ubuntu-motu
=== fowlduck [n=nate@24-183-45-79.dhcp.mdsn.wi.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@c-71-224-172-103.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianHeya gang01:27
sistpotyhi bddebian01:27
bddebianHeya sistpoty01:27
RAOFHey bddebian.01:28
bddebianHello RAOF01:29
=== chx [n=chx@pdpc/supporter/professional/chx] has joined #ubuntu-motu
chxHi. davfs2 for edgy is quite old :( is there a (simple) way to get something more recent?01:32
Toadstoolheya everybody01:33
sistpotyhi Toadstool01:33
Toadstoolhey sistpoty 01:33
bddebianHi Toadstool01:34
Toadstoolhi bddebian 01:34
chxThe answer is: download the static binary. Thanks. Bye.01:34
=== chx [n=chx@pdpc/supporter/professional/chx] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Viva]
RAOFHe comes, he goes :)01:35
sistpotyhm... he still needs to learn the rules for the channel. it's not "Thanks. Bye." but "kthxbye" ;)01:36
ajmitchkthxbai gimme pony01:37
ToadstoolOMG!!1 pony!01:37
crimsunI'd like a pony.01:40
bddebianI'd like a brain01:40
RAOFI don't have anywhere to keep a pony.  Do you have a collapsible version?01:40
=== matt_good__ is now known as matt_good
crimsunyou'll have to settle for http://fridge.ubuntu.com/files/i-want-a-pony.jpg01:43
RAOFHm.  Do ponies store well in the fridge? :)01:44
crimsunno, but PBRs do01:44
crimsunand they're only $1 here!01:44
bddebianThey aren't worth $101:45
crimsunalthough yeah, they taste like $0.0101:45
=== RAOF is puzzled by the acronym PBR
LaserJockwell, a pony may fit in a fridge, but it requires a bit of "processing"01:45
bddebianI hate to tell you all but that isn't a pony01:45
LaserJockbddebian: don't burst any bubbles ;-)01:46
bddebianIt looks like a Miniature horse to me, not a pony01:46
ajmitchsomeone has to spoil the party, don't they?01:48
RAOFMan, I so want to write a gmail-like GTK markup widget.01:48
jdongyou mean Adobe Acrobat Reader -like markup widget.01:49
RAOFDo I?  I don't use Acrobat.01:50
RAOFI mean where the smilies get up and dance, where \m/>.<\m/ looks cool, and where *bolds* stuff.01:50
ajmitchsounds perfectly useless :)01:53
jdongajmitch: I bet you scoff at beryl and compiz too01:54
jdongoh wait.01:54
jdongI wish Firefox had a Perl console widget.01:55
crimsunI wish the kernel had an emacs event handler01:55
RAOFOh, totally useless.01:55
RAOFWell, maybe not totally.  Having bold, italic and underline inline markup in IRC could be useful.01:56
RAOFExcept no one else could see it :)01:56
ajmitchsome clients already do it01:57
esaymwhere is that ubuntu how to for making packages? I lost my link :(01:57
ajmitchlike irssi does *bold* & _underline_01:57
bddebianModulo in C is % ?01:57
jdongRAOF: get a dry erase marker and a bottle of windex01:57
=== jdong ducks
ubotuThe packaging guide is at http://doc.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/packagingguide/C/index.html - Other developer resources are at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperResources01:57
ajmitchesaym: ^01:58
RAOFI just want my xchat-gnome to do it too :)01:58
esaymajmitch: hey thanks.  ALso anyone know the perl dev module name in the repos?01:58
Toadstoolwhat do you guys think about bug 84868? dunno if what I'm doing is the right thing (tm) :)01:58
UbugtuMalone bug 84868 in nozomi "cannot compile module" [Undecided,Needs info]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8486801:58
RAOFbddebian: Sometimes modulo in C is & 1, because speedfreaks don't trust gcc to optimise :)01:59
sistpotybah... speed freaks02:03
RAOFThat threw me in the compiz code, actually.02:05
RAOFIt's not immediately obvious that "if(bar & 1)" means "if bar is odd" :)02:05
=== sistpoty had some negative experience with bison ppl. and their need for speed neglecting clean interfaces
=== freeflying [i=root@gobstopper.dreamhost.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchugh, too many uvf requests that I haven't checked for a couple of days02:16
ajmitchjdong: now you need to get someone to upload xserver-xgl 02:18
jdongajmitch: ok, shall I streamline 0ubuntu1 and 0ubuntu2 together, then subscribe uvf-sponsors?02:18
jdongok, thanks :)02:19
=== jdong gonna work thru a bit more scheme first
jdongwhat a painful language02:19
=== hypa7ia [i=hypatia@judecca.aculei.net] has left #ubuntu-motu []
jetsaredi1shawarma: ping02:41
jetsaredi1I was done a while ago, but was putting the kids to bed02:41
jetsaredi1turns out not to be of so much use as its too big for the blank cds I have02:42
TLEjetsaredi1: I think he went to bed02:43
jetsaredi1he was mirroring  the feisty daily02:44
jetsaredi1for me, but like I said the iso is too big for the media I have02:44
jetsaredi1by about 2M02:45
=== Fujitsu [n=Fujitsu@stwgw.stw.com.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jetsaredi1not even02:45
=== vil [n=vladimir@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== esaym [n=user@cpe-72-183-201-32.satx.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
sistpotygn8 everyone03:05
LaserJockjetsaredi1: dailies can often be that way, once you have one usually rsyncing to one that's the right size is fast03:07
jetsaredi1I don't actually want to install it tho03:07
LaserJockwhat do you want to do?03:08
jetsaredi1just trying to help the mythtv people get some dmesg information03:08
jetsaredi1ah well03:09
LaserJockwhy do you need a daily?03:09
jetsaredi1that's what they ask for03:09
LaserJockHerd 5 should be fine then I'd think03:10
LaserJockHerd 5 was released on the 2nd03:11
LaserJockI wouldn't think *that* much had changed03:11
jetsaredi1I wonder if all of the drivers are pre-loaded on the normal non-daily livecd03:18
jetsaredi1the specific task I was looking to do was to get the dmesg output from an ivtv wintv card03:18
jetsaredi1I wonder if that's the difference03:19
jetsaredi1(~30M size diff)03:19
TheMusoI don't think the kernel has changed since herd 5.03:19
LaserJockjetsaredi1: nah, it's just changes in seeding etc.03:20
jetsaredi1mm - so it prolly shouldn't matter03:20
jetsaredi1just maybe the kernel version03:21
=== vil [n=vladimir@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoThe last kernel was released on 12 February.03:23
TheMusoOr thats the most recent changelog entry date anyway.03:23
=== _MMA_ [n=mma@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== slomo_ [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jdong*bah* cdr this you sloth.....03:28
=== vil [n=vladimir@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== valles_ [n=valles@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== matt_good [n=matt@ip24-255-125-63.dc.dc.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockman, somebody needs to write a GUI config panel for mutt03:43
LaserJockI love CLI tools, I just don't like setting them up03:43
TheMusoThere is a website that can generate mutt configs.03:45
TheMusoMutt configs can be very modular which is really nice.03:45
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoMine is very much so, allowing me to add email accounts/mailboxes in a pinch.03:45
TheMusoLaserJock: Would a sample config file with comments be of any help?03:46
LaserJockI've got one03:47
LaserJockI spent the time to set mutt up once03:47
LaserJockmy config file is rather large03:48
LaserJockbut now I want to change my setup and I don't look forward to setting it up03:48
imbrandonfskin ppc buildd just went to sleep03:48
imbrandonguess it will be offline untill i goto work tomarrow, i'm not going in tonight03:49
imbrandonhrm wait there is someon on duty lemme call them03:50
imbrandoni can have them bounce it03:50
crimsunimbrandon: query regarding federation from 13 hrs ago03:51
LaserJockTheMuso: do you have any clue where that website is?03:51
imbrandoncrimsun, doh, dident see it, give me 5 minutes to do that03:51
TheMusoLaserJock: Sorry no, I just remember seeing it when I was getting my head around mutt configs.03:52
TheMusoWhich was three years ago now./03:52
imbrandonwoot, had the staff on duty bounce the box for me and now its working03:55
imbrandoni love a 24 hour noc03:55
imbrandoncrimsun, see query please03:55
imbrandonStevenK, ping03:57
LaserJockTheMuso: do you have an imap setup?03:59
TheMusoLaserJock: No, I use pop3.04:00
chillywillyhey, where is the live cd download for edgy, I cannot find it04:01
LaserJockshould be with all the others04:02
chillywillyI see desktop, server, and alternate04:03
ajmitchdesktop = live04:03
ajmitchimbrandon: you don't mind if I play around & try & setup wanna-build/buildd/sbuild, do you?04:04
ajmitchmight stick it with mini-dinstall04:04
imbrandonajmitch, nope i dont mind at all, i'm gonna be working on the mirror04:04
imbrandonjust fyi incase apt-get is locked04:04
imbrandonjust give it a sec04:04
ajmitchor I might use anon ftp & a 5-minute cron job to stick things in the build queue04:04
=== minghua [n=minghua@ubuntu/member/minghua] has joined #ubuntu-motu
imbrandoncan we have it check sigs too to make sure only 04:05
imbrandonare allowed to build04:05
ajmitchI'll just borrow the code from revu04:05
ajmitchsyncing the keyring should be easy enough04:05
imbrandonthen maybe we can stick the results in ~/results for that user and i can sett apache up to expose those to the web04:06
ajmitchsince it's not often that someone gets added to ubuntu-dev04:06
ajmitchkeyring syncs can stay in cron04:06
imbrandonlike once a day or seomthing should be fine04:06
ajmitchsame as on tiber04:06
=== CarlF1 [n=carl@216-80-38-102.fld-bsr1.chi-fld.il.cable.rcn.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
imbrandoni'm working on getting a kerbos server setup and unified /home04:07
LaserJockimbrandon: what are the specs on the i386 machine?04:10
imbrandonLaserJock, p4 2ghz 768mb ram 160gb / and 250bg /mirror04:11
imbrandonthats from memory04:11
imbrandoni could have to look to make sure04:11
imbrandonmodel name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz04:12
=== ajmitch should probably do some ldap/kerberos setup
ajmitcha shame I can't use my amd64 in the build network :)04:13
LaserJockhmm, 2.6 is still faster than my AMD 1800+04:13
imbrandonajmitch, yea i'm gonna make the kerberos server seperate nad JUST do kerberos and /mirror04:13
LaserJockdarn it, why does gnome-panel keep dying?!? :(04:13
imbrandonso we can manage the /home and perms and such 04:13
imbrandonfrom one boxen04:13
imbrandoninstaead of 3 or 504:14
imbrandonbut its up and working now, that was the main goal, then upgrade / tweak it from there04:14
ajmitcha pity you don't have a sparc in the local rack04:14
imbrandonyea that would kick ass04:15
ajmitchsince sharing /home to .de will be a pain04:15
imbrandoneventualy i will04:15
imbrandoni will try to eventualy get all arches local04:15
imbrandonjust need some $$ for ebay to pickup a sparc04:15
ajmitchsolicit donations04:15
imbrandoni might , i had thought about it04:15
LaserJockblog it baby!04:15
imbrandoni really need to put gigbit nics in them all to and put them on a 1000 switch alone04:16
imbrandonright now they are all connected to diffrent ports on the work cisco 100mb switch04:16
imbrandongig between themselfs and then 100mb outbound 04:17
imbrandonis what i wish04:17
imbrandonbrb dew run04:17
LaserJockall that networking goodness made him thirsty04:18
ajmitchthat was quick04:19
imbrandonfridge is closer now04:19
ajmitchso how are you going to do kerberos?04:19
LaserJockbah, some days running Feisty on my "production" machine is just a pain04:19
ajmitchsince you're doing it all with only ssh keys04:19
imbrandontrue , honestly i hadent thought toooooo much about it, i just wanteto get a central server auth04:20
imbrandonmight not be fesable04:20
imbrandoni borrowed 20gb from the work SAN tonight too04:21
imbrandonjust to try to put /home on it but i dont think thats gonan be good04:21
imbrandonpermissions dont work right on it04:22
imbrandonman my camera needs to take better pics04:25
imbrandonthats the rack04:25
imbrandontis full but the one next to it is still empty hehe04:26
imbrandonthe laptop below the switch ( about the middle ) is intrepid , the one below that ( 1u ) is my webserver voyager , and the 2u below that is aurora04:27
imbrandonthe x8604:27
ajmitchtiny photo04:27
imbrandonabove the switch is the SAN ;)04:27
imbrandonyea, stupid camera phone04:28
ajmitchwe need to put a few funds together for a decent dual-core amd6404:28
imbrandonyea i think right now the buildd network needs: more ram for the x86 , a amd64 , and a sparc localy , past tyhat we are set04:29
imbrandoni can pony up for a /home ( possibly auth too ) server04:29
ajmitchhow much diskspace do you have for building?04:30
imbrandonwhere? on aurora about 130gb04:30
ajmitchif we're getting packages uploaded, or some way to request builds, you could go through a lot of space04:30
imbrandoni could leave the mirror where it is and user /dev/sdb1 ( currently /mirror ) just for build uploads04:31
ajmitcheg a script to request a build (send gpg-signed mail to build@ubuntuwire.com, asking for package foo to be built for feisty)04:31
imbrandonits a 250gb drive , i dont really have to move the mirror onto aurora04:32
imbrandonits still on the same lan04:32
ajmitchdisks are cheap to add04:32
ajmitchhow many can you fit in aurora & the ppc?04:32
imbrandoncheap if there is room ;)04:32
ajmitchthat's why I'm asking :)04:32
ajmitchseems that 320GB is about the best price/GB for now04:33
imbrandonppc -0- its a laptop, aurora is a 2u so i could probably add 4 more disks but the controler thats in it atm dosent have any more sata space04:33
imbrandoni have a shitload of disks and a few more pci controler04:33
ajmitchyou'd want to do the building on a large, fast area04:33
ajmitcheg LVM on RAID04:33
ajmitchlike I do at home04:33
Lathiatajmitch: 400s are almost on par with 320s now04:34
imbrandonhrm *thinks*04:34
ajmitchwhere /usr/local is mostly dedicated to ubuntu & debian work04:34
=== LaserJock think ajmitch should just take one for the team and send imbrandon his box ;-)
ajmitchLathiat: cool, I'd extend my RAID array if I could find a decent 4-port SATA controller :)04:34
ajmitchLaserJock: you want to cripple me, don't you?04:34
Lathiati think im going to buy 8x400G drives04:34
=== rexbron [n=rexbron@complex1-372-179.resnet.yorku.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
imbrandoni ahve a 12 port sata controler here but i dunno if it would fit in the 2u box ;)04:34
LaserJockit's not like you do anything anyway ;p04:35
=== ajmitch probably couldn't afford the power bill for that many drives
=== LaserJock hides
ajmitchLaserJock: true04:35
=== ajmitch resigns from all the teams & revokes his key
LaserJockI just upgraded to a 160GB ATA drive \o/04:35
imbrandonheh i have 4x 160gb in my desktop now04:35
=== ajmitch only has 3x250
imbrandona few months ago i had 1 to 0 in it ( it died and i was strapped )04:36
LaserJockI've never seen a sata drive or a RAID setup04:36
LaserJocksilly chemists04:36
ajmitchI suppose I could make do with just my laptop04:36
LaserJockwe'd rather have lasers than cool computers04:36
ajmitchif I cleaned up the drive a bit04:36
=== asantoni [n=alb@bas7-london14-1177945681.dsl.bell.ca] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Ex-Chat"]
LaserJockno way04:37
imbrandonhrm if i reconfigured auroa i could add 6 drives total , and i have another 2 port card here that will work04:37
imbrandonand a 12 that /might/ fit04:37
ajmitcha 12?04:37
LaserJockajmitch: you need you're cool desktop machine04:37
imbrandonand a few 160GB 04:37
imbrandonand 2 250's04:37
ajmitchLaserJock: sure, and it would cost more than the machine is worth to send it anywhere :)04:38
imbrandonajmitch, yea i have one 12 port sata controler04:38
ajmitchimbrandon: send it my way04:38
imbrandondunno if it will fit in the 2u though04:38
ajmitchyou'd think it'd easily saturate the PCI buss04:38
nixternalimbrandon: all of my patches for KTorrent have already been accepted and uploaded, so here is you poke for backporting :)04:38
imbrandonnixternal, uploaded to the archive or -proposed?04:38
imbrandonajmitch, yea04:39
ajmitchI could understand having a 12-port PCIe controller04:39
ajmitchstandard PCI does up to 133MB/s, iirc04:39
imbrandonit might be a pci-e i could ahve to look honestly, but i have a pci-e slot in the 2u04:39
imbrandonso either way it would work04:39
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
imbrandonthe big thing is getting power and space04:40
imbrandondunno how many drive the powersuppy will take up04:40
imbrandonsurely it would do 6 though04:40
nixternalimbrandon: what size psu?04:40
imbrandonman , i'm half tempted to drive to ATC and do this tonight04:40
trycytFor developing Debian packages, is it better to have 'install' or 'cp' lines in the Makefile?04:40
nixternal450+ will do 12 drives04:40
jdongnixternal: ping04:40
nixternaljdong: pong04:41
jdongnixternal: regarding KTorrent 2.1.x do you think we should pursue those changes in Feisty?04:41
nixternaljdong: dunno, we can try though04:41
jdongnixternal: they do seem to improve heavy-traffic performance significantly04:41
ajmitchimbrandon: I've run 5 drives in my box & seen it peak at 180W only when booting up04:41
nixternalseeing as Feisty has been patched04:41
jdongi.e. LAN or high speed net transfers....04:41
nixternaljdong: so I have noticed04:41
imbrandonajmitch, nice04:41
nixternalI heard the saturation isn't as bad anymore04:41
jdongnixternal: I think we should go for a UVFe :)04:42
nixternalI have been testing 2.1.2 here tonight and I can't reproduce any of the bugs on LP, or even get it to crash04:42
imbrandonajmitch, well if i did it this second , i would have a 250GB and 3 160GB drives to put in it 04:42
crimsunyeah, jdong must be using ktorrent with those uncompressed xserver-xgl diffs...04:42
LaserJocknixternal: did you fix kubuntu-docs?04:42
ajmitchimbrandon: that's cool04:42
nixternalLaserJock: what was wrong with them?04:42
jdongnixternal: 2.0.3 has some real infamous crashers and data corruption bugs too04:42
LaserJocknixternal: the conflict with ubuntu-docs04:42
jdongnixternal: i.e. the partial torrent import logic loves to trash files :)04:42
nixternalLaserJock: when was it conflicting?04:43
imbrandonajmitch, but it would require a reformat etc etc etc04:43
nixternalnobody told me anything about that04:43
ajmitchimbrandon: LVM04:43
jdongnixternal: I don't think we'll be able to reproduce any of the open bugs on 2.1.204:43
imbrandoni would do it "right" this time04:43
ajmitchwhy reformat?04:43
LaserJocknixternal: didn't you see the bug report?04:43
nixternalLaserJock: no I didn't04:43
imbrandonajmitch, and then we could make the x86 the storage and "main" buldd04:43
ajmitchwell you would create the partitions & all, but just copy all the files on04:43
imbrandonits not LVM currently04:43
nixternalLaserJock: looking at it now04:44
ajmitchnothing requiring any reinstall04:44
LaserJocknixternal: kubuntu-docs is fighting with ubuntu-docs over a firefox page, makes it not upgrade04:44
=== ajmitch converted his box to LVM just by shuffling stuff
LaserJocknixternal: I thought I talked to you about it like this morning or something04:44
LaserJocknixternal: maybe it was jjesse04:44
nixternalLaserJock: that is going to be a pain to fix04:44
imbrandonajmitch, well its currently setup with / on a single 160gb drive non lvm and a /dev/sdb1 250gb single drive04:44
nixternalhe has ubuntu-docs package installed and then kubuntu-docs, both using the firefox homepage deal04:45
ajmitchimbrandon: no worries, let's do a remote conversion :)04:45
imbrandonwould be alot of shuffleing04:45
nixternalhrmm, I could always just rename the firefox page04:45
ajmitchnot too much04:45
nixternalthis sucks04:45
LaserJocknixternal: it used to work though04:45
LaserJocknixternal: I've always had both04:45
imbrandonajmitch, ok lemme clear /mirror and unmount it and change the mount name , the we can try a remote conversion, if it fails i can dive there and fix it04:46
LaserJocknixternal: it's supposed to be an /etc/alternatives thing, did that go away?04:46
nixternalLaserJock: yes, but with old docs it was just index.html so it never got in the way04:46
imbrandonajmitch, i might dive there tonight anyhow to add the 2 other 160gb drives04:46
ajmitchimbrandon: you want to do it right now?04:46
ajmitchI'd want to do a bit more planning04:46
ajmitchlike whether to put the drives in a RAID array or not04:46
LaserJockplanning is for sissies04:46
LaserJockreal men just ripe drives and regret it04:46
imbrandondefinately, hum actualy so we dont polute in here anyone interested in the planning of the buildd network join #ubuntuwire04:47
nixternalripe um huh04:47
nixternalLaserJock: this is upsetting now04:47
LaserJockspelling is not my strong point04:49
LaserJockkept me out of all the "gifted" classes when I was in school04:50
nixternalI was in the gifted...OK, I am not going there04:50
LaserJockthen in 5th grade they finally let me in04:51
LaserJocklegos and computer games04:51
LaserJockbut my spelling has never been great04:53
=== twanj [n=chatzill@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tonyyarusso [n=anthony@ubuntu/member/tonyyarusso] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== janm [n=jmalonzo@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tuxmaniac [n=aanjhan@unaffiliated/tuxmaniac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== FliesLikeABrick [n=Ryan@about/rpi/rawdor] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tritium [n=tritium@ubuntu/member/tritium] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== man-di_ [n=man-di@dyndsl-080-228-192-145.ewe-ip-backbone.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
joejaxxhow is everyone?05:54
TheMusoHey joejaxx.05:54
TheMusoVery well thanks.05:54
joejaxxthat is good to hear05:55
TheMusojoejaxx: And yourself?05:55
joejaxxyou are most welcome05:55
joejaxxi am well at the current moment05:55
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Rohinton [n=chatzill@inet-netcache2-o.oracle.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Marce_ [i=marce@meinungsverstaerker.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Marce_ is now known as Marce
=== asl [n=alatter@ppp-70-226-141-229.dsl.mdsnwi.ameritech.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== FliesLikeABrick [n=Ryan@about/rpi/rawdor] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== macd [n=d@adsl-222-8-111.msy.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lucas [n=lucas@ubuntu/member/lucas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Shoragan [n=shoragan@datenfreihafen.org] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has joined #ubuntu-motu
aslhey there!  I'm new, and I have a package I'd like to introduce to the ubuntu universe06:12
aslI think the package is in good shape, I'm just not sure how to get it reviewed06:13
RAOFasl: Well, you'd want to upload it to REVU.06:14
ubotuREVU is a web-based tool to give people who have worked on Ubuntu packages a chance to "put their packages out there" for other people to look at and comment on in a structured manner. See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Packages/REVU06:14
RAOFAnd you'd also want to know that it's very unlikely to get into Feisty, since Universe feature freeze was some time ago.06:15
aslah, okay06:15
aslare there other options aside from universe, then, for making available in a structured way?06:15
asl.. for making it available ...06:15
aslwell, it's submitted, then.  I'll try to keep it in good shape for 7.1006:18
aslthanks for the help06:18
RAOFWell, you can put it up on REVU, get it reviewed etc, and submit a Debian Intent To Package06:18
RAOFIf you can get it into Debian you get it into Universe for free :)06:18
aslwell, I figured I could do the testing easier for Ubuntu, seeing as that's what I run06:19
RAOFBut even if you get it into Feisty+1's Universe, we'd still like you to submit it to Debian :)06:20
=== RAOF really needs to get around to his ITP for specto :(
RAOFAnd if you get it into Debian it goes a *lot* further than just Ubuntu.06:21
=== _MMA_ [n=mma@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
aslthis may not be the place to ask ... but is there an easy way to set up a chroot for Debian sid?  debootstrap has a script for sid, but it seems to be broken.06:36
RAOFYou should be able to use pbuilder to set up a sid chroot easily enough.  Let's see what ubotu has to say...06:38
ubotupbuilder is a system to easily build packages in a clean chroot environment. To get started with PBuilder, see http://wiki.ubuntu.com/PbuilderHowto06:38
TheMusoThere is also https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebootstrapChroot06:39
StevenKpbuilder calls debootstrap anyway06:39
StevenKIf debootstrap doesn't work, it's likely that pbuilder won't.06:39
aslSteven: I guess I was trying the right thing then06:39
=== jkakar [n=jkakar@204-174-36-228.unknown-dhcp802.dsl.ucc-net.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKSid is not guaranteed to be bootstrap-able.06:40
StevenKasl: Are you able to put the error on a pastebin?06:40
aslsteven: http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/10141/06:41
jkakarHello.  I'm trying to package a Python application and running into problems using dh_python on dapper and feisty (edgy seems to be happy enough, though complains of deprecation).06:41
jkakarI'm trying to understand if there's a "trick" I can use that will make this package work on dapper/edgy/feisty... dh_pymagic... :)06:42
jkakarIf there is no way, do I fork this package and maintain different versions for different distribution releases?  What's the standard way of dealing with this kind of situation?06:42
StevenKasl: Sid is not an Ubuntu distribution.06:42
StevenKasl: debootstrap has an option for a mirror, set it to ftp.debian.org or so.06:42
aslsteven: thanks.I guess it's not as simple as letting the included scipts do their thing06:43
TheMusojkakar: dh_python is depricated.06:44
TheMusojkakar: Have you read the Debian python policy?06:44
StevenKasl: It is for Ubuntu distributions, since they are on archive.u.c06:44
jkakarTheMuso: In bits, yes.  I don't generally know enough about packaging to understand a whole lot of it.  I should probably re-read it and understand it more thoroughly.06:45
aslsteven: your solution works.  thanks for the help06:45
TheMusojkakar: Do you know of the packaging guide?06:45
jkakarTheMuso: Yup.06:45
StevenKasl: No problem.06:45
TheMusojkakar: Do you want a link to a summary page about the policy?06:46
TheMusos/do you want/would you like/06:46
jkakarTheMuso: Yes please, that might help.06:46
TheMusook just a sec.06:47
jkakarTheMuso: Thanks!06:47
TheMusojkakar: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPython/NewPolicy06:47
jkakarTheMuso: Thanks, much appreciated.06:47
TheMusojkakar: You're welcome.06:48
jkakarTheMuso: This is helping, thanks.06:52
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== slomo_ [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tuxmaniac [n=aanjhan@unaffiliated/tuxmaniac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoHeya Hobbsee.07:02
StevenKimbrandon: Pong07:02
imbrandonxauth is installed silly07:02
imbrandonand was07:02
Hobbseehey TheMuso!07:02
StevenKimbrandon: Even on intrepid?07:02
imbrandonohh intrepid i dident check07:03
imbrandonone sec07:03
StevenKI did say *.ubuntuwire.com, silly. :-P07:03
=== Hobbsee o.O's at blog stats
imbrandoni checked aurora07:04
imbrandonme and ajmitch are upgrading aurora tonight, some raid 0 goodness with lvm and sbuild goodness mixed in07:04
imbrandonok StevenK xauth installing anything else you need ?07:04
StevenKimbrandon: Root privs. :-P07:05
=== man-di_ is now known as man-di
Hobbsee950 is a heck of a lot of page views...over 2 days...07:05
imbrandonHobbsee, i get about 2.5k from planet ;)07:06
imbrandonyou will get lots more soon07:06
=== Hobbsee went from an empty blog, just syndicated to planet....to get 950 in ~2 days is pretty amazing...
crimsunsure am glad you blog deities are picking up the slack07:09
StevenKYeah, means unimportant people like me don't have to blog.07:09
StevenKOh sorry, s/\(unimportant\)/really really \1/07:10
crimsunI'm with that07:10
=== ajmitch is blog-free
crimsunI'm probably spamming the -bugs mailing list07:11
imbrandonhehe -bugs is crimsun's blog07:11
StevenKMost bloggers aren't that technical.07:12
StevenKLet's syndicate -bugs to Planet under crimsun's name.07:12
crimsunhey now, I don't take credit for beryl*07:12
StevenKI don't think any of us want to.07:13
=== Ademan [n=dan@h-67-101-41-170.snfccasy.dynamic.covad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
HobbseeStevenK's volunteering07:15
StevenKI'm so not.07:15
Hobbseeyou so are07:15
LaserJockoh can I maintain beryl*? can I? can I?07:24
HobbseeLaserJock: yes.  can i quote you?07:24
=== ajmitch gives LaserJock the dunce cap
ajmitchbranded for life!07:25
LaserJockI think I could whip a nice package with a preinst script with dpkg -r beryl* ;-)07:25
HobbseeLaserJock: better to remove all of xorg in the process :)07:25
crimsunyou probably mean rm -rf, since calling dpkg in the maintainer script would be a ... bad idea07:25
LaserJockor a metapackage with conflicts on beryl* compiz*07:25
LaserJockcrimsun: well, I thought it was a sufficently bad idea that that minor detail wouldn't be an issue07:26
LaserJockyou got my point07:26
LaserJockbut yeah, I'd go with a lot of rm -rf in reality07:26
crimsunoh, right. Forgot that you had created it using checkinstall.07:26
LaserJockI wonder if I could implement wobbly windows in ncurses? 07:27
StevenKLaserJock: Sure, look at "bb"07:34
StevenKLaserJock: Although it uses libaa07:34
Flannellibcaca will get you color.07:35
StevenKlibaa has shades!07:35
StevenKLike shades of grey07:36
Flannelgrey is a color, you know.07:36
=== elkbuntu notes that flannel has never had an art lesson in his life.
Flannelelkbuntu: For the purpose of this discussion, it's a color.07:37
StevenKI hadn't heard of libcaca, though07:37
Flannelit's fun.  caca-utils has a picture viewer, and a few demos (I use the flame one as a screensaver), and of course, the library, that you can use to watch color videos07:38
StevenKI saw it has a gstreamer linkage.07:38
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== xopher [n=xopher@unaffiliated/xopher] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsunhum, wasn't imbrandon inquiring about 3gp stuff recently?07:54
=== Bubble [i=Bubble@unaffiliated/bubble] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsunah, I see my mail queue is slower than Luke07:55
TheMusocrimsun: I can't seem to find a license.07:56
TheMusoWhich explains why the code isn't in ffmpeg in the first place really.07:57
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoOr they haven't bothered to rewrite it.07:57
TheMusoI know such support would be useful. Heck I remember having to rebuild ffmpeg once with that code, so I could convert some amr files from my phone.07:57
=== rexbron_ [n=rexbron@complex1-372-179.resnet.yorku.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== nate_ [n=nate@24-183-45-79.dhcp.mdsn.wi.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fowlduck_ [n=nate@24-183-45-79.dhcp.mdsn.wi.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i59F75CC6.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachgood morning08:16
TheMusoHeya dholbach.08:17
dholbachhey TheMuso08:17
ajmitchhey dholbach!08:18
dholbachhey ajmitch, hey joejaxx08:18
joejaxxit is 3am here08:18
=== fowlduck_ [n=nate@24-183-45-79.dhcp.mdsn.wi.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
joejaxxhello dholbach 08:18
=== blueCommand [n=bluecomm@unaffiliated/bluecommand] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jaaltoCan I check somewhere if the upload to REVU has succeeded?08:29
TheMusojaalto: You should see the name of the package on the revu page.08:30
jaaltoIs this correct page: http://revu.tauware.de/08:33
jaaltoTheMuso, For some reason the dput upload succeeds ok, but the package doe snot get mentioned in that page. Could someone check what the dput logs say in the server - if it got rejected?08:36
ajmitchjaalto: binary upload?08:37
jaaltoIt's truecrypt-installer_20070313-1.dsc (full source upload)08:38
ajmitchyou did dput revu truecrypt-installer_20070313-1_source.changes ?08:40
ajmitchmake sure it went to revu, since I don't see it in the logs08:41
ajmitchah no, I see lots of it now in /home/ftp/incoming08:41
ajmitchlots of binary uploads08:41
ajmitchplease do source-only uploads :)08:42
jaaltoHm. I see. I supposed the binary upload (which included source) was ok. Will change to pure source upload08:42
ajmitchdput claiming it was ok, and it being acceptable are two different things08:44
jaaltoajmitch, Sure - but I couln't guess the reason form here :-)08:47
jaaltoajmitch, I've now uploaded pure source08:48
=== freeflying_ [i=root@gobstopper.dreamhost.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-67-141.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@215.168-200-80.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== TLE [n=kenneth@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== blueCommand [n=bluecomm@unaffiliated/bluecommand] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Ash-Fox [i=UNKNOWN@fgd182.internetdsl.tpnet.pl] has joined #Ubuntu-motu
=== asantoni [n=alb@bas7-london14-1177945418.dsl.bell.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== freeflying|away [i=root@gobstopper.dreamhost.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jaaltoI'd need some help wth launchpad: How to activate Malone and rosetta for the project?09:56
=== _jaldhar [n=jaldhar@c-24-0-153-89.hsd1.nj.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jaaltoNever mind, the bot-so-obvious "Define launchpad usage" link was it09:58
=== janm [n=jmalonzo@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== herzi [n=herzi@p548FBFE2.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jan__ [n=jmalonzo@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jekil [n=alessand@host220-235-dynamic.4-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== effie_jayx [n=valles@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bersace [n=bersace@did75-13-82-243-217-90.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== RAOF [n=chris@60-242-199-65.tpgi.com.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== kaiska [n=kaiska@2.140-14-84.ripe.coltfrance.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-67-141.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@backup.grad.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bersace [n=bersace@did75-13-82-243-217-90.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoHow busy is the launchpad users mailing list?11:41
imbrandonabout 20 message a week11:41
imbrandonor so11:41
=== TheMuso has joined lp beta testers.
imbrandonTheMuso, we finaly got it working 11:42
imbrandonit == aurora11:42
TheMusoimbrandon: I saw that.11:42
TheMusoYou forget that I am in there.11:43
imbrandonand i just upgraded it to feisty, and change the pbuilder script to the faster one11:43
imbrandonhehe yea11:43
imbrandoni tried it out, it is much faster11:43
TheMusoimbrandon: So how does one start using the beta interface? I guess its just at beta.launchpad.net?11:46
imbrandoni guess so11:46
imbrandoni dont use it11:47
TheMusoah ok11:47
TheMusoWell how do you know how much traffic lp-users gets?11:47
imbrandoni've been on lp-users for a few months11:48
imbrandonnot just beta testers use it ;)11:48
geserTheMuso: you get automagically redirected when you joined the lp-beta-testers11:48
TheMusogeser: Thanks. What if one has to use the original one in case of breakage?11:48
TheMusoHow do we do that?11:49
geserlaunchpad.net has a button to disable the redirection for 2 h11:49
TheMusooh ok11:49
imbrandonwhats the beta team url?11:50
TheMusogotat love that. I've forgotten my p/w.11:52
TheMusoI have been using cookies all this time.11:52
zakametesting, gotta love it :D11:54
geserTheMuso: you have to type in your password only once, you can forget it again afterwards :)11:55
TheMusogeser: Well I have to reset it. :)11:55
geserdholbach: re bug #85120: which version was approved? 1.5.0-1 or 1.5.1-1?11:57
UbugtuMalone bug 85120 in kscope "please sync kscope [universe]  from Debian unstable [main] " [Undecided,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8512011:57
=== jussi01atschool [i=c394026e@gateway/web/cgi-irc/ircatwork.com/x-eaab8614a61960b9] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i59F75CC6.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachajmitch, slomo_, crimsun, siretart: can one of you look at the bug that geser pointed to? I'm happy with the newer update12:00
imbrandonmoins dholbach 12:01
dholbachhi imbrandon12:01
=== Mez [n=Mez@ubuntu/member/mez] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jekil [n=alessand@host220-235-dynamic.4-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== finalbeta [n=finalbet@d54C689F7.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-3-68.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@backup.grad.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Fujitsu [n=Fujitsu@ubuntu/member/fujitsu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jussi01atschool is now known as jussi01
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== twilight [n=twilight@ubuntu/member/twilight] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Czessi [n=Czessi@dslb-088-073-023-085.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lbm [n=lbm@0x555373ab.adsl.cybercity.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== EtienneG [n=etienne@modemcable178.77-70-69.static.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== esaym [n=user@cpe-72-183-201-32.satx.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== twilight [n=twilight@ubuntu/member/twilight] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== freeflying_ [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== vil [n=vladimir@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lizardking_ [n=lizardki@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== TLE [n=kenneth@sunq04.gbar.dtu.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lizardking [n=lizardki@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== xerxas [n=r67894@AGrenoble-257-1-60-22.w86-206.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
siretartdholbach: done01:34
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@a83-245-237-13.elisa-laajakaista.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-812b544622f6e0e2] has joined #ubuntu-motu
imbrandonmoins siretart 01:47
=== Mez [n=Mez@ubuntu/member/mez] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== esaym sips coffee
esaymhmm anyone know of a good pbuilder how to?01:57
esaymAnd would pbuilder be the best way to make a deb file for upgrading to the latest libgpod on dapper?01:58
=== cypher1 [n=cypher1@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== daviey [n=dave1111@unaffiliated/daviey] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbsee!pbuilder | esaym 02:03
ubotuesaym: pbuilder is a system to easily build packages in a clean chroot environment. To get started with PBuilder, see http://wiki.ubuntu.com/PbuilderHowto02:03
Hobbseeesaym: also man pbuilder, and related bits are quite good02:03
daviey'easily' :)02:03
esaymah looks good02:05
Hobbseehehe :)02:05
esaymthank you02:05
Hobbseewell, it is easy when you know what you're doing with it :)02:05
Hobbseeno problems02:05
=== caravena [n=caravena@178-171-28.adsl.terra.cl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== _MMA_ [n=mma@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@a83-245-237-13.elisa-laajakaista.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachsiretart: gracias02:10
=== lizardking [n=lizardki@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== iac_lizardking [n=lizardki@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
esaymhmm, I am guessing that to build a deb with pbuilder I have to have the source in dsc format?  How do I get the dsc format?02:21
=== iac_lizardking [n=lizardki@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bersace [n=bersace@did75-13-82-243-217-90.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
siretarthuhu imbrandon 02:24
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== caravena [n=caravena@178-171-28.adsl.terra.cl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== effie_jayx [n=valles@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== twanj [n=chatzill@c-66-176-118-121.hsd1.fl.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianHeya gang02:42
geserHi bddebian02:43
bddebianHeya geser02:43
=== Seveas [n=seveas@ubuntu/member/seveas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== iac_lizardking is away: Pero ora assente.
=== mode/#ubuntu-motu [+o Hobbsee] by ChanServ
=== iac_lizardking[a [n=lizardki@] has left #ubuntu-motu [requested]
=== mode/#ubuntu-motu [-o Hobbsee] by ChanServ
jdongajmitch: ping, is it OK with you if the xserver-xgl package is kept at 0ubuntu2 revision, since I've already handed out testing packages with that version?02:52
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@1-37.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tmarble [n=tmarble@user-38q4et6.cable.mindspring.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== _MMA_ [n=mma@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== finalbeta [n=finalbet@d54C689F7.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== crimsun pokes jdong
crimsunjdong: consider using ~prop1 (proposed versioning, like what we use for release-proposed)03:12
bddebianGah, you people have no sense of humor this release :-)03:14
crimsunI even put a blurb in the latest alsa-lib upload for earlier this morning03:14
bddebianI was mainly talking about -devel :-)03:14
bddebianBut I didn't want to get jumped on saying it in there ;-P03:15
crimsunI nearly put Melissa's retort, but it would have lacked context (not that the current one doesn't)03:15
=== elkbuntu tilts her head wonderingly
crimsunalsa-lib (1.0.13-1ubuntu4) feisty; urgency=low  ->  The "grey is a color" release.03:18
esaymok how do I satisfy this in pbuilder: http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/10189/03:21
=== tuxmaniac [n=aanjhan@unaffiliated/tuxmaniac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianIs it a Feisty pbuilder?03:22
esayma feisty package that I am backporting03:23
crimsunpython-all-dev was promoted to main as of edgy03:23
esaymI am building it for dapper03:23
crimsunso if you don't see it in a standard pbuilder config, either you're using dapper03:23
crimsunright, so you need universe03:23
bddebianGah, I can't keep up with crimsun :)03:23
esaymyea thats where I get lost, one sec03:24
=== cypher1 [n=cypher1@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
esaymI have this in pbuildrrc: OTHERMIRROR="deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ dapper universe multiverse"03:25
esaymIs thata right?03:25
jdongcrimsun: yeah, I'll do that in the future, but for this time...?03:25
crimsunjdong: doesn't ultimately matter for this time03:26
crimsun(I haven't checked the bug recently; did it receive a 2nd ACK?)03:26
jdongcrimsun: yeah, I got an ack before03:26
crimsunok, so the current source package can be tossed at upload.uc03:27
crimsungot url handy?03:27
jdongcrimsun: http://buntudot.org/people/~jdong/xgl/xserver-xgl_7.2.0.git.20070224-0ubuntu2.dsc03:28
crimsunesaym: you'd need to update using --override-config03:28
jdongcrimsun: I owe you a legal nonalcoholic beverage :)03:28
jdongor two... or 503:28
crimsunjdong: I'll settle for a just a respite from the onslaught of alsa bugs03:29
crimsun(hah, "just")03:29
jdongcrimsun: lol, but I can't do that :D03:29
esaymerr, I forgot.  I never updated after I added that repo.  hmm03:29
esaymYou know the update command off hand?03:30
esaymjust pbuilder update?03:30
crimsunpbuilder update --override-config03:30
esaymok I will play with this.  Thank you03:31
crimsundholbach: / siretart: / slomo_: / ajmitch: rereading bug 87687, there doesn't seem to be strong assent from anyone other than myself that the UVFe is a go. Any opinions?03:38
UbugtuMalone bug 87687 in xserver-xgl "New git snapshot required for xorg 7.2/feisty" [Medium,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8768703:38
esaymOk, know it wants python-central which is not in dapper.  Any ideas? Hate to ask...03:39
crimsunyou're going to love backporting the python stack...03:39
esaymI guess I have to?03:40
=== rexbron_ [n=rexbron@keele-a227-57.airyork.yorku.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
esaymI might just trying making a deb from source instead of messing with pbuilder and backporting03:43
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/Amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-motu
esaymlibgpod is a simple program.  It doesn't need all that crap I don't think03:43
crimsunthe python-* {B-,}Ds are there for easier maintenance; I wouldn't remove them willy-nilly, but you certainly could (although it's not recommended to) use the old policy03:46
esaymYea I was thinking about removing it03:47
esaymthe thing I don't get is, well so I need python central, so I backport that.  Then how do I install that backported package into the pbuilder environment?03:48
bddebianGah, wrong channel:03:49
bddebianCan someone explain to me where the hell tutos2 came from?03:49
esaymso "sudo pbuilder login --save-after-login"03:49
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== philhug [n=phug@shopwall.abacus.ch] has joined #ubuntu-motu
tepsipakkianyone objects to adding "add-shell zsh" to zsh-beta postinst (bug #67900)03:57
UbugtuMalone bug 67900 in zsh-beta "add-shell zsh" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/6790003:57
tepsipakkiI can upload it03:58
philhughey guys. I'd like to help out reviewing packages on REVU. I'm a DD already. Is there a shortcut or do I have to a send mail to motu-council?03:59
tepsipakkiphilhug: I guess you need to be a ubuntu-dev to be able to do that..04:05
geserthat's the easiest way but you could try to talk to the revu admins about it04:13
=== mr_pouit [n=mrpouit@ubuntu/member/mrpouit] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bigon [i=bigon@imladris.bigon.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== pwnguin [n=jld5445@camaro.cis.ksu.edu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jdong     - Remove the cairo stroking performance workaround04:33
=== CarlFK [n=carl@c-24-13-53-221.hsd1.il.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mrpouit [n=mrpouit@sd-4736.dedibox.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@1-37.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jdong_ [n=jdong@PIERCE-THREE-O-THREE.MIT.EDU] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Sp4rKy [n=Sp4rKy@ubuntu/member/sp4rky] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Sp4rKy [n=Sp4rKy@ubuntu/member/sp4rky] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianphilhug: You can review and make comments afaik, you just won't be able to Advocate04:43
=== pwnguin [n=jld5445@camaro.cis.ksu.edu] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== jdong__ [n=jdong@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-2c5699f0009e07eb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Sp4rKy [n=Sp4rKy@ubuntu/member/sp4rky] has joined #ubuntu-motu
esaymso what is the best way to "feed" my pbuilder environment? I don't quite follow everything here: http://edseek.com/~jasonb/articles/pbuilder_backports/pbuilderbuild.html#pbuilderhook04:48
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Sp4rKy [n=Sp4rKy@ubuntu/member/sp4rky] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mgalvin [n=mgalvin@ubuntu/member/mgalvin] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== morty [n=morty@escvig3.dl.ac.uk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== predius [n=predius@predius.org] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mgalvin [n=mgalvin@ubuntu/member/mgalvin] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== asantoni [n=alb@bas7-london14-1177945703.dsl.bell.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@1-37.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jaldhar_ [n=jaldhar@c-24-0-153-89.hsd1.nj.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@lambda.chem.unr.edu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Sp4rKy [n=Sp4rKy@ubuntu/member/sp4rky] has left #ubuntu-motu []
bddebianHeya LaserJock05:43
bddebianHmm, phpmymoney hasn't seen an upstream update for several years :-(05:43
Toadstoolg'morning everybody05:44
bddebianHeya Toadstool05:45
Toadstoolhi bddebian!05:45
=== jdong_ [n=jdong@STRATTON-THREE-SIXTY-SIX.MIT.EDU] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cbx33 [n=pete@ubuntu/member/cbx33] has joined #ubuntu-motu
tuxmaniacAnybody here know about ubuntu live conf?05:48
=== Victorr [n=Victor@aquila.intelerad.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockdoes anybody find pitti's practice of retitling bugs "Fixed" annoying?05:50
slomo_crimsun: imho we should get it (xgl)05:51
bddebianLaserJock: Finally getting through those MOTUScience bugs? :-)05:54
LaserJocku-u-s actually05:54
=== bmm_ [n=chatzill@cc400801-a.groni1.gr.home.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== stratus [n=stratus@cronopio.rits.org.br] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsunslomo_: ok, should I interpret that as a +1?06:00
bddebianLaserJock: Ahh :)06:01
=== effie_jayx [n=valles@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianHmm, I see mydms is up to date as well..06:04
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Ash-Fox [n=N@fgd182.internetdsl.tpnet.pl] has joined #Ubuntu-motu
=== hjmf [n=hjmf@140.Red-217-125-227.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== Bubble [i=Bubble@unaffiliated/bubble] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bmm_Ive got a packaging question: I've got one original source which creates allot of different packages (the core and addons), copyrights are going all over the place.06:18
bmm_I can create multiple packages from the single source, and that works great. However, I can't create multiple/different copyright files for the parts currently06:18
bmm_How should this be handled?06:19
=== bmm_ is now known as bmm
crimsunerr, what?06:19
Lutinyou should keep a single copyright for the whole package imo06:19
crimsundebian/copyright should reference all the copyrights with specific references to files as per necessary06:19
Lutins/the whle/all the packages06:19
bmmLutin: ok, so then I have a very large copyright holders list06:19
crimsunthat's correct, it potentially can be quite large06:20
crimsunif that's what it takes, however, that's what it takes.06:20
bmmcrimsun: thanks. I'll add references to the pecific parts then, because some copyrights don't apply to sub-parts of the packages. So I06:21
bmm'll just add them all to the copyright and reference the different packages.06:21
crimsunmake sure that the corresponding copyright files are in place as per necessary, too06:21
bmmcrimsun: what? (I'm still a newby at this)06:22
=== bmm_ [n=chatzill@cc400801-a.groni1.gr.home.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cypherbios [n=cypher@ubuntu/member/cypherbios] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsunbmm: e.g., if it needs to ship a copy of $license, make sure it does so06:23
bmm_crimsun: ah, yes, will do. Only have GPL and BSD at the moment, so that should be ok.06:24
bmm_(I reference to the common files)06:24
=== lizardking [n=lizardki@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lizardking [n=lizardki@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== iac_lizardking [n=lizardki@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
slomo_crimsun: yes06:30
=== gnomonic [n=niels@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsunslomo_: ok, thanks06:31
cypherbios0.1~RC-0ubuntu1 is an good version name for an release candidate package?06:32
cypherbios*version number06:33
crimsuncypherbios: sure, if it's specifically "RC"06:33
cypherbioscrimsun: yes, from upstream it is a release candidate06:34
cypherbiosand 0.1~RC is less than 0.106:34
cypherbiosif dpkg --compare-versions 0.1 ge 0.1~RC; then echo yes; else echo no; fi06:35
=== Lure [n=lure@clj46-234.dial-up.arnes.si] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mlpug [n=user@a85-156-253-211.elisa-laajakaista.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== robitaille [n=daniel@ubuntu/member/robitaille] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== robitaille [n=daniel@ubuntu/member/robitaille] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Neonightmare [n=neonight@154-24.0-85.cust.bluewin.ch] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Neonightmare [n=neonight@154-24.0-85.cust.bluewin.ch] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== slomo_ [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-188-210.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
trycytIs there an easy way of figuring out what goes in Build-Depends-Indep versus what goes in Build-Depends?06:58
=== jwhitlark [n=jwhitlar@h-67-102-70-2.snfccasy.covad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
gesertrycyt: everything you only need for the binary-indep target can go to B-D-Indep everything else into B-D07:04
trycytgeser: Can I just stick everything into Build-Depends? or is that bad practice?07:06
gesertrycyt: do you build an arch all package?07:08
bddebianOh geser == Michael Biena!07:09
geserbddebian: yes07:09
bddebianStealing my thunder again eh? ;-P07:09
=== Neonightmar1 [n=neonight@154-24.0-85.cust.bluewin.ch] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Neonightmar1 [n=neonight@154-24.0-85.cust.bluewin.ch] has left #ubuntu-motu []
bddebianJesus, all these PHP packages seem to be outdated :-(07:15
bddebiani.e. have newer upstream versions07:15
geserfile UVF exceptions :)07:16
bddebianI will after you package the new upstream ;-P07:16
geserthis will also push up your karma07:16
bddebiangeser: I mean upstream, upstream, not Debian :-)07:17
geserhopefully etch will be released soon07:18
geserso that this new upstream upstream version get into Debian07:19
bddebianMyDMS 1.4.4 upstream is 1.5.107:19
geserI don't want to update all those packages by hand for feisty+107:19
bddebianbbclone 0.4.6 upstream 0.4.9a07:19
geserdrupal :)07:19
=== danohuiginn [n=ant@p54BEF7B6.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Victorr [n=Victor@aquila.intelerad.com] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Leaving"]
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ptitdav69 [n=ptitdav6@84.39.100-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianAh flatnuke has newer upstream too07:52
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@dsl-hkigw8-feb6fb00-217.dhcp.inet.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Ash-Fox [i=UNKNOWN@fgd182.internetdsl.tpnet.pl] has joined #Ubuntu-motu
geserbddebian: wouldn't it be easier to name only those who are up-to-date ;P07:57
trycytI asked this question yseterday, but I need to verify that what I'm doing is correct. Should AUTHORS, INSTALL, and NEWS go in debian/docs ?07:58
trycytIf the upstream package provides it, should the Debian package provide it as well?07:59
bddebianHmm, actually it looks like flatnuke was removed from Debian08:00
gesertrycyt: if INSTALL only contains info how to install the software, you shouldn't install it as the user has already installed the software when he can read it08:00
esaymis there a backport irc channel?08:00
_MMA_Hey guys. How do I find out if something in Main will get updated? Mainly (hehe) wacom-tools and xserver-xorg-input-wacom.08:01
trycytgeser: Here's the thing, the INSTALL file also includes information on what to symlink. I'm handling that through update-alternatives though there are a few other things that the author specifies, but good point about not needing the INSTALL file since the user has already installed the package.08:01
trycytgeser: Also, I've made an init script for the package already, what do I label it as? There's a sample init.d.ex file, I'm assuming I delete that?08:03
trycytThe init script's name is not the same as the package name.08:03
bddebianHow do I find out when/why a package was removed from Debian when it doesn't show up on p.qa.d.o?08:04
geserbddebian: was the package officially in Debian?08:04
bddebiangeser: It sure looks like it from the changelog08:04
gesertrycyt: usually the init script is named after the software08:05
trycytgeser: So is dpkg smart enough to figure out that it is an init script even if the name of the init script isn't the same as the package name?08:06
trycytgeser: Because the software package is actually composed of a PAM module and a daemon for which I wrote an init script.08:06
trycytgeser: The PAM module's name is not the same as the daemon's name.08:06
geserbddebian: ask dholbach where he got it from08:08
gesertrycyt: when you use debhelper, see dh_installinit to ease the installation of the init script08:09
trycytgeser: Okay, would this be taken care of in a postinst script then?08:11
geserdh_installinit copies the file script to the right location and inserts the needed commands into postinst/prerm to register/unregister the init scruot08:12
trycytVery cool.08:13
trycytWhat would be the best way to ask (at install-time) for the user to pick which files to make symlinks to?08:13
trycytThe package needs symlinks to be made to certain programs, but depending on the user's preference, it could totally alter the behavior of the program.08:14
trycytCome to think of it, there are two totally different reasons for the package and there are dependencies for each that are not needed for the other.08:15
geserthe only way to ask questions at install time is debconf08:15
trycytIt's the equivalent of startkde or gnome-session being in .xinitrc. Depending on whichever is placed in the file, either GNOME and KDE need to be installed.08:16
trycytThat's basically what I'm going to have to do.08:16
geserif you need to change user files, then it's a no-go08:18
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
stgrabershawarma: do you have a ubuntu-desktop-i386 Herd5 on your server ? I'm downloading at only 40Kb/s on cdimage.u.c ...08:23
trycytgeser: No, maybe an example would make this clearer. User types apt-get install mypackage. Ideally, something pops up asking, "Would you like to use method 1 or method 2?" If the user picks method 1, mypackage installs dependency package 1, and if the user picks method 2, mypackage installs dependency package 2.08:24
Adri2000bddebian: http://ftp-master.debian.org/removals.txt08:24
=== davromaniak [n=cyril@AFontenayssB-152-1-32-202.w83-114.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
trycytHow would I achieve that?08:24
bddebianAdri2000: Thx08:24
trycytgeser: Then, additionally, update-alternatives is used to create a symlink (which is what the INSTALL file from the upstream author demands).08:25
shawarmastgraber: I don't have the herd-images. I can fetch it for you though.08:25
trycytgeser: The symlink serves to alert the target program what backend to use.08:25
trycytgeser: It's kind of a complicated goal, but I'm hoping it's doable.08:25
bddebianWhere the hell did that package come from08:26
trycytbddebian: Are you referring to me?08:26
bddebianNo, sorry, flatnuke08:26
gesertrycyt: afaik you can't install additional software during installation as apt-get/dpkg is running and holding a lock08:26
shawarmastgraber: It'll be done in 4 minutes. I'll give you the url then.08:26
geserbddebian: perhaps debian mentors08:27
stgrabershawarma: this cdimage.u.c is really slow and it's not better from my dedicated server :) (so no problem with my own connection)08:28
trycytgeser: So, how would you approach this then? Build two separate packages?08:28
trycytgeser: So there will be something like mypackage-method-1 and mypackage-method-2 ?08:28
=== pochu [n=pochu@ubuntu/member/pochu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
gesertrycyt: would something like Depends: package_1 | package_2 be sufficient?08:29
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
stgraberpochu: Hi, you pinged me this morning (a bit early for me :)), was it for something else than the mail you sent me ?08:30
trycytgeser: I didn't know you could do such a thing, that would be sufficient.08:30
shawarmastgraber: try http://linux2go.dk/feisty-desktop-i386.iso08:30
pochustgraber: for that was ;)08:30
trycytgeser: Hehe, I always think of the most complicated solutions.08:31
pochustgraber: thanks for the answer :)08:31
stgrabershawarma: thank you, 600kB/s is really way better :)08:31
shawarmastgraber: How much bw do you have?08:32
stgraberMy home bandwidth should have been raised to 800kB/s but it wasn't so I still have 650kb/s maximum08:33
shawarmastgraber: Ok, then 600kB/s sounds very fair. :-)08:33
stgraberyes :)08:33
KenSentMeI run this command to create a package: dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot . But i get this error on Dapper: found eof where expected more change data or trailer at /usr/lib/dpkg/parsechangelog/debian line 136, <STDIN> line 21. dpkg-buildpackage: unable to determine source package is.  What could be the problem?08:34
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C0B7A4.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
stgrabershawarma: and I can download at around 4.5Mb/s from your server to mine08:35
geserKenSentMe: could you put your changelog into a paste-bin?08:35
bddebianKenSentMe: You are either missing the tarball or your packagename/version is incorrect08:35
KenSentMegeser, http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/10225/08:36
=== fraco [n=fraco@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsunstgraber: issues should be fixed with next kernel upload (hopefully tonight)08:38
shawarmastgraber: Where's your server?08:38
stgrabercrimsun: yep, I've seen the git changelog, thank you (and that's an amazing bugfix list :))08:39
shawarmaKenSentMe: heh. I like your nick.08:39
stgrabershawarma: klein-edv, germany08:39
KenSentMebddebian, where can there be an incorrect packagename/version? control, foldername, changelog?08:39
crimsunstgraber: the actual number of bugs is nearly twice that08:39
KenSentMeshawarma, me too :D08:39
shawarmastgraber: Ok. Mine's in Germany, too..08:39
geserKenSentMe: check the whitespace at the beginning of line 20, it should be only one space before the --08:40
KenSentMeshawarma, i first had leisuresuitlarry, but with the new version of the game i had to think of a new one for the real larry lovers08:40
=== sacater [n=sacater@host86-149-248-238.range86-149.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
KenSentMegeser, fixed that, but same error08:41
trycytIs there any way to store the result of what apt matches from Depends: option1 | option2 ?08:45
trycytLike if option1 exists, I want to perform a symlink to /path/to/option1/executable, or if option2 exists, I want to perform a symlink to /path/to/option1/executable08:46
bddebianKenSentMe: What directory are your running dpkg-buildpackage from?08:46
KenSentMebddebian, ~/packages/campsite/campsite-2.6.708:46
geserbddebian: flatnuke in Ubuntu can be affected by CVE-2005-2813, CVE-2005-2814 and CVE-2005-281608:47
bddebiangeser: WTF are those?08:48
geserthe last should be CVE-2005-281508:48
bddebianKenSentMe: And you have campsite_2.6.7.orig.tar.gz in ~/packages/campsite ?08:48
geserbddebian: CVE = Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures08:49
bddebianWhere are those?08:49
KenSentMebddebian, yes, it's there08:49
geserbddebian: http://cve.mitre.org/08:49
trycytgeser: Would you happen to know if that's possible?08:49
trycytgeser: If it's sort of like an sh syntax where I could store the boolean somewhere, that would be ideal.08:50
=== sistpoty [n=sistpoty@DSL01.] has joined #ubuntu-motu
sistpotyhi folks08:50
bddebianHeya sistpoty08:50
trycytgeser: Then, in the postinst, I could just update-alternatives to the appropriate binary.08:50
ajmitchhey sistpoty 08:50
sistpotyhi bddebian and ajmitch08:50
bddebianKenSentMe: can you pastebin the exact command and error?08:52
KenSentMebddebian, here it is: http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/10232/08:53
bddebianKenSentMe: Something is still wrong with line 20.  Did you use dch -i to insert the new changelog entry?08:56
KenSentMebddebian, no, i used nano and edited the lines myself. I followed this guide: http://code.campware.org/projects/campsite/wiki/HowToBuildDebPackage08:57
=== jaalto [n=jaalto@a81-197-175-198.elisa-laajakaista.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
gesertrycyt: as you know where the binaries are located, couldn't you simply test which is there?08:59
KenSentMebddebian, yep found it. There was still a space too much08:59
bddebianKenSentMe: Great09:01
KenSentMebddebian, now fix some other errors :)09:02
=== Flannel_ [n=flannel@cpe-76-176-22-229.san.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Flannel_ [n=flannel@cpe-76-176-22-229.san.res.rr.com] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== jdong hugs crimsun
crimsunjust get me an X60 so I can fix sabdfl's sound once and for all09:09
bddebianw00t crimsun09:10
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-motu
stgrabercrimsun: Your house would be full of hardware if every time something doesn't work you receive the hardware to get it working :)09:11
=== bddebian 's house is full of hardware
crimsunmy house is apparently already full of bug reports09:11
bddebianwife keeps bitching about electricity bill09:11
=== mark007 [n=mark@pool-71-101-177-43.tampfl.dsl-w.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Adri2000jdong: do you have any idea about http://librarian.launchpad.net/6335769/buildlog_ubuntu-feisty-i386.avidemux_1%3A2.3.0-0.0ubuntu2_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz ?09:13
jdongAdri2000: it's been boggling my mind09:13
jdongAdri2000: I cannot explain why it builds on 2 other arches just fine, in arch-independent prep stage09:13
jdongAdri2000: FWIW it builds perfectly in my pbuilders09:14
crimsunmv: cannot stat `t-fr.gmo': No such file or directory09:14
crimsunmake[4] : *** [fr.gmo]  Error 109:14
crimsun ^^09:14
=== finalbeta [n=finalbet@d54C689F7.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Adri2000but why it doesn't fail on other arches...09:14
Adri2000jdong: did you ask tfheen?09:15
crimsunI'm suspicious of `t-fr.gmo'09:15
jdongAdri2000: a long time ago I did poke and e-mail infinity but never got a response09:15
jdong(this was like 1wk after that upload)09:15
Adri2000I don't know what's the "t-" before "fr"09:17
Adri2000jdong: just tried to build it in my pbuilder, it fails too09:18
Adri2000same error09:18
jdongAdri2000: bleh :-/09:18
Toadstooldamn french, always involved in dodgy stuff :)09:21
=== Toadstool waves
=== StevenK idly wonders if he's missed the techboard meeting
Ash-FoxI truely wonder why the Kubuntu team set OOo as a default package http://sphinx.quickfox.org/~ash-fox/temp/OOo1.png x.x09:23
shawarmaAsh-Fox: Argh! 09:23
sistpotyStevenK: it's interrupted, since sabdfl is not around 09:23
StevenKAh, right. Is it likely to re-start?09:24
sistpotyStevenK: no idea really...09:25
sistpoty<mdz> I'll be around for a while if he turns up, but will be on the phone09:25
sistpoty^^ last words in the channel ;)09:25
StevenKHeh, right09:26
shawarmaAdri2000: It doesn't happen here..09:28
Adri2000shawarma: building in pbuilder?09:28
shawarmaAdri2000: But I know where "t-" comes from.09:28
shawarmaAdri2000: Yes.09:29
=== gnomonic [n=niels@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
shawarmaAdri2000: Ah... I think I know what the trouble is.09:29
shawarmaAdri2000: Gimme a sec.09:29
sistpotycrimsun, ajmitch, gpocentek: just trying to write an introductory mail about Lure to ubuntu-devel, but as always it's (too) short: http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/10237/09:30
sistpotyor Lure: maybe you'd like to introduce yourself on the ubuntu-devel list?09:30
Toadstoolan introductory mail for new devs? it's actually a really good idea! :)09:32
sistpotyToadstool: it's mdz's idea, t.b.h ;)09:33
Toadstoolheh, ok09:34
sistpoty<- doesn't have good ideas *g*09:34
=== mrpouit [n=mrpouit@ubuntu/member/mrpouit] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianYeah, but he needs to include their nicks :-)09:38
=== _jaldhar [n=jaldhar@c-24-0-153-89.hsd1.nj.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== twilight [n=twilight@ubuntu/member/twilight] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Lutin [n=Lutin@ubuntu/member/lutin] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== twilight [n=twilight@ubuntu/member/twilight] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@1-37.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Luresistpoty: your text is OK with me09:46
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C0B7A4.access.telenet.be] has left #ubuntu-motu []
Luresistpoty: and I think it is better if MC does announcement09:46
TheMusoHey MOTUs.09:46
sistpotyLure: ok, anything I should add to it?09:46
sistpotyHi TheMuso09:46
shawarmaAdri2000: Ha! This time it failed.09:47
shawarmaAdri2000: Which almost proves my theory.09:47
shawarmaAdri2000: hang on.09:47
=== Adri2000 wants the theory
Luresistpoty: only "most probably" sounds strange to me, the rest is OK (more info is anyway on wiki)09:48
sistpotyLure: ok, and good idea about the wiki :)09:48
shawarmaAdri2000: Patience.. :-)09:48
sistpotyLure: http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/10243/ better?09:51
jdongshawarma: does it randomly fail?09:53
jdongwell that would be like the French09:53
Luresistpoty: you can add also #ubuntu-motu (but this is anyway expected), otherwise it is fine09:53
sistpotyLure: ok, will do... thanks for proofreading09:54
sistpotymail sent :)09:55
shawarmajdong: Well.. Yes, I suppose it does.09:55
jdongshawarma: so we just give-back it 25 times and it'll eventually produce a binary for every arch09:56
=== jdong ducks
=== Lamego [n=lamego@a83-132-143-98.cpe.netcabo.pt] has joined #Ubuntu-motu
=== Sp4rKy [n=Sp4rKy@ubuntu/member/sp4rky] has joined #ubuntu-motu
shawarmaAdri2000: Well, I have a fix. I'd just like to know where the bug actually is. :-)09:58
shawarmaAdri2000: Because if it really is where I think it is, I don't understand why this is the only package that fails.09:58
=== Lutin [n=Lutin@ubuntu/member/lutin] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Adri2000shawarma: explain what would be the fix :)09:59
=== mr_pouit [n=mrpouit@ubuntu/member/mrpouit] has joined #ubuntu-motu
shawarmaAdri2000: 2 sec, I'll create a debdiff.10:01
shawarmaA hint: It might as well have happened on any or all of the other archs.10:03
Toadstoolshawarma: Adri2000 needs a pony^Wfix!!1 :)10:04
shawarmaSimple as that.10:05
shawarmaShould I upload it?10:05
Adri2000hmm, if it works, sure :p10:05
shawarmaI'll just test it one more time.10:05
shawarmadoes it make sense or should I explain?10:06
danohuiginnhi all. I'm adding a .desktop file to a package10:07
danohuiginn How do I make sure it gets removed from the gnome/kde menus properly when the package is uninstalled?10:07
Adri2000shawarma: I need some explanations yes :)10:07
Adri2000danohuiginn: you don't, dpkg removes the .desktop file when removing the package and that's all10:08
danohuiginnAdri2000: but it doesn't actually get removed from the menus (in kde at least)10:09
shawarmaanother hint: "make -j 2"10:09
danohuiginnuntil you call update-desktop-database10:09
danohuiginn(or restart or something, presumably)10:09
=== jwhitlark [n=jwhitlar@h-67-102-70-2.snfccasy.covad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ivoksLure: hi :)10:11
Adri2000danohuiginn: with gnome if I move a .desktop file outside /usr/share/applications/, it immediately disappears from the gnome menu10:11
Lamegohello, what distro name do we need to specify on the changelog to be able to upload to REVU ?10:11
geserLamego: there is no requirement but you should insert the name of the current development version (now: feisty)10:13
=== juliux [n=juliux@ubuntu/member/juliux] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Lamegowell, I am getting "Signer has no upload rights at all to this distribution."10:13
danohuiginnAdri2000: if I do that in KDE, the menu item is still there. if I click on it, I crash Kicker10:13
bddebianLater gang10:13
Adri2000shawarma: it runs 2 jobs simultaneously? fr and es on the buildd10:13
geserLamego: than you uploaded to Ubuntu and not revu10:13
Adri2000later bddebian10:14
=== Marce [i=marce@meinungsverstaerker.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Lamegoops, dput was supposed to be pointing to revu :P10:14
Adri2000danohuiginn: ah, I don't know anything about kde10:14
danohuiginnok, Adri2000. Thanks anyway10:15
=== shawarma_ [n=sh@atlas.linux2go.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
danohuiginnI'll ask over in #kubuntu-devel10:16
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Lamegogeser, you were correct10:17
=== psusi [i=hidden-u@iriserv.iradimed.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
geserdanohuiginn: man dh_desktop if you use debhelper10:19
psusianyone know who the heck decides the mime type for troff is application/x-troff instead of text/?  and what teeth I have to pull to change it?10:19
danohuiginnthanks, geser. The man page is pretty uninformative; I'll have a look for dh_desktop docs elsewhere though10:22
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Marce [i=marce@meinungsverstaerker.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== shawarma [n=sh@atlas.linux2go.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== esaym [n=user@cpe-72-183-201-32.satx.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
esaymhow would I remove dependency requirements for a package that I am going to backport? 10:39
=== coNP [n=conp@unaffiliated/conp] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== danohuiginn [n=ant@p54BEF7B6.dip.t-dialin.net] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
esaymI can't just edit the dsc file.  Something in the source tar still has the dependencies in it10:41
Adri2000esaym: the (build-)dependencies are specified in debian/control10:42
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
esaymAdri2000: Is this "debian/control" inside the source somewhere?10:44
TheMusoesaym: Yes10:45
Adri2000esaym: yes, you downloaded the source package with apt-get source?10:45
esaymnot apt-get source but manually through packages.ubuntu.com/ 10:46
=== shawarma_ [n=sh@atlas.linux2go.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
esaymso there should be a file called "debian/control" in the root source directory?10:46
=== Marce [n=marce@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Adri2000that's fine too if you downloaded orig.tar.gz, diff.gz and .dsc10:47
Adri2000dpkg-source -x *.dsc10:47
Adri2000then go into the source directory, and debian/ directory10:47
esaymsome don't have the diff.gz though10:47
TheMusoNote that packages.ubuntu.com can be out of date.10:47
Adri2000yes, they are native packages10:47
esaymhmm one sec10:47
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@1-37.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
esaymhmm, yea no debian directory :-/10:49
TheMusoesaym: ?10:49
Adri2000esaym: name of the package?10:49
TheMusoThere should always be a debian directory, even with native packages.10:49
esaymone sec I will get it for you10:49
Adri2000I got it10:50
=== caravena [n=caravena@178-171-28.adsl.terra.cl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoesaym: What version do you have?10:50
Adri2000$ pwd10:50
TheMusoDoesn't look like a native package to me10:50
Adri2000that's a binary package10:50
esaymand from there I got the source linked at the bottom: libgpod_0.4.2.orig.tar.gz] 10:51
esaymIs that wrong?10:51
TheMusoYou have only got one file for the source package.10:51
TheMusoesaym: Get the package source by using apt-get source. Its a lot easier.10:51
Adri2000Source Package: libgpod, Download: [dsc]  [libgpod_0.4.2.orig.tar.gz]  [libgpod_0.4.2-0ubuntu1.diff.gz]  10:51
Adri2000you need the two other files (.dsc and diff.gz)10:51
Adri2000the diff.gz contains the debian/ directory ;)10:52
esaymdiff.gz was a text file??10:52
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoProbably because your browser decompressed it.10:52
TheMusoYou need to actually download the file.10:52
trycytgeser: I could do that. I'm an autotools kind of guy, so when I have to work with packages that don't use autotools, I get this sort of mess.10:52
esaymI did and I saved it.  I extract it and it is just a text file10:53
TheMusoWhen dpkg-source unpacks a source package, it first unpacks the orig tarball, then applies the .diff.gz file to the unpacked source.10:53
=== Marce [i=marce@meinungsverstaerker.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoSo it is a text file of a patch, which essentially creates the debian directory.10:54
esaymhmm, so with apt-get source that will be all automatic?10:54
TheMusoIt will fetch everything, and if you have dpkg-source, it will unpack it for you straight away.10:54
esaymwell crap, hope I didn't just wast 6 hours :-\10:54
TheMusoesaym: And as I said before, packages.ubuntu.com can get rather out of date.10:55
esaymI see, thank you10:56
esaymwell what do I need to add to my source.list to download feisty sources from my dapper install?10:56
esaymoh wait I think I figured it out10:57
esaymone sec10:57
TheMusoOh you are still running dapper?10:57
TheMusoWell I would advise you to set up a feisth pbuilder chroot.10:57
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@1-37.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusofeisty even10:57
esaymI got a dapper pbuilder root10:58
esaymI am trying to back port the libgpod from fiesty10:58
TheMusoBut if you want to work on packages for feisty, you need to make sure they build on feisty.10:58
TheMusooh ok10:58
esaymyea, I am just building for dapper10:59
esaymAm I ok?10:59
TheMusoyeah thats fine then,.10:59
esaymok, wish me luck :)10:59
=== JanC [n=janc@lugwv/member/JanC] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== _MMA_ [n=mma@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== shawarma [n=sh@3e6b503c.rev.stofanet.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jdong enjoys cheap laugh at awful LISP joke
shawarmaAdri2000: Sorry to take off like that. My network connection is... funnny.11:02
shawarmaAdri2000: about avidemux:11:03
shawarmaAdri2000: It's because the .gmo files were generated both in all-yes target and the stamp-po target, but due to "-j 2" this happened simultaneously. In the .gmo target it moves some files around causing race conditions.11:03
shawarmashawarma_: You smell funny11:04
=== shawarma_ [n=sh@atlas.linux2go.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== siretart [i=siretart@tauware.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
shawarmawhat the..11:04
esaymanyone have a link to a fiesty source.list?11:05
jdongI've got 1 hard link to it on my computer11:05
=== jdong ducks
esaymlol, can you paste it anywhere for me real quick?11:06
jdongesaym: those don't work across different filesystems ;-)11:06
shawarmaesaym: http://www.ubuntu-nl.org/source-o-matic/11:06
esaymoh cool11:07
esaymthank you11:07
=== shawarma1 [n=sh@atlas.linux2go.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/Amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Marce [i=marce@meinungsverstaerker.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKimbrandon: So, where did intrepid go?11:19
=== siretart [i=siretart@tauware.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== danohuiginn [n=ant@p54BEF7B6.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== schultmc [i=schultmc@nat/progeny/x-fd70b804ce97b059] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== shawarma [n=sh@atlas.linux2go.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Marce [i=marce@meinungsverstaerker.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
danohuiginnhi. anyone here got time to review two simple patches? bug 91694 and bug 9169511:38
UbugtuMalone bug 91694 in cgoban "No .desktop file" [Undecided,In progress]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/9169411:38
UbugtuMalone bug 91695 in gtkgo "Missing a .desktop file" [Undecided,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/9169511:38
danohuiginnboth just adding in application menu items11:38
TheMusoI'm having a look at the first one now.11:39
danohuiginnthanks, TheMuso11:39
=== _czessi [n=Czessi@dslb-088-073-061-071.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsunI'll look at 91695, then11:40
danohuiginncrimsun: thanks11:40
crimsun(I actually just finished looking at 91694)11:40
=== fredix [n=fredix@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusocrimsun: oh ok11:41
crimsunTheMuso: feel free to work on 91694 :)11:41
TheMusook will do.11:41
TheMusoThis gives me a break from a11y bug work. :)11:42
=== rexbron [n=rexbron@keele-b240-100.airyork.yorku.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsun  gtkgo_0.0.10-14ubuntu1_source.changes: done.11:43
crimsunSuccessfully uploaded packages.11:43
crimsunthanks, danohuiginn 11:43
crimsundanohuiginn: in the future, mind the colon following "LP"11:43
danohuiginnnp and thanks, crimsun11:43
TheMusooh man!11:43
TheMusoThis package so needs debhelper love.11:43
TheMusodanohuiginn: You don't need to worry about it for now.11:44
TheMusoJust commenting on the rules file.11:44
=== ash211 [n=andrew@user-11fasbs.dsl.mindspring.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== czessi_ [n=Czessi@dslb-088-073-013-064.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
danohuiginncgoban, TheMuso? yes, but I don't think it gets updated much anyway11:46
TheMusodanohuiginn: Right.11:46
crimsunoh man, I remember when we used to announce the first uploads of new -dev11:47
crimsun(dunno why that suddenly stuck in my mind)11:47
=== siretart [i=siretart@tauware.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
danohuiginnoh, could you check they uninstall properly? I just reported bug 92062, but I guess it could be something I did wrong in those packages11:48
UbugtuMalone bug 92062 in meta-kde "[feisty]  removing .desktop files doesn't update kde menus" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/9206211:48
ajmitchcrimsun: yeah, I remember that happening for me, way way back then11:48
TheMusoI think this new approach is somewhat better.11:49
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-154-1-29-120.w83-199.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== givre [n=Florent@APuteaux-154-1-29-120.w83-199.abo.wanadoo.fr] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== TwoPints [n=frank@AC8F6CB0.ipt.aol.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusodanohuiginn: There is a slight error in your diff, relating to where the desktop file gets copied. I can fix it easily enough, but can you please ensure you test build the package before submitting a diff?11:56
TheMusofor cgoban11:56
=== Arrogance [n=aks@ottawa-hs-209-217-84-120.d-ip.magma.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoAlso, any extra files, such as the .desktop file must go into the debian directory.11:58
trycytI was trying to make a script that did basically what uupdate / uscan do (because obviously, I didn't know they existed), but in the sample watch.ex generated by dh_make, I see: # http://sf.net/libpam-cups/libpam-cups-(.*)\.tar\.gz11:58
TheMusoIf they aren't part of the upstream tarball.11:58
trycytsf.net/libpam-cups doesn't exist.11:59
trycytI thought the new format was sourceforge.net/projects/projectname?11:59
=== JanC [n=janc@lugwv/member/JanC] has joined #ubuntu-motu
danohuiginnthanks, TheMuso. I didn't know about putting things in the debian directory12:00
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-da94c61fd78a379b] has joined #ubuntu-motu
danohuiginnyou want me to make another diff, or will you fix it?12:00
TheMusodanohuiginn: Don't worry about it for now, the fix is trivial.12:00
TheMusoBut just remember that for next time.12:00
=== fowlduck [n=nate@24-183-45-79.dhcp.mdsn.wi.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusodanohuiginn: Just say that the desktop file was in the top directory of the source. It would not be included in the original tarball, but in the debian diff file. If there was a new upstream version, it is likely that the desktop file may clash with a newly created file in the upstream source, which causes problems.12:03
TheMusodanohuiginn: Files being in the debian directory allows things to be sorted out a lot more easily when upgrading the package.12:04
=== shawarma_ [n=sh@atlas.linux2go.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusodanohuiginn: In fact, I will get you to make another diff. I have just noticed another slight problem.12:05
TheMusodanohuiginn: The dh_desktop command comes from the debhelper package, which is not a build dependancy.12:05
TheMusoIf you can fix that, plus the desktop file location and prod me when you have another diff, that would be great.12:05
danohuiginnYes, I experimented with dpatch on one of them, but it was getting more complicated (and undocumented) than I was ready for12:05
danohuiginnOK. I'll do that12:05
=== sistpoty is off now... cya
=== Marce [i=marce@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusodanohuiginn: Thanks.12:06
=== TheMuso returns to bug triajing.
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== siretart [i=siretart@tauware.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusodanohuiginn: Here is some further reading on setting up a build environment for building packages. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PbuilderHowto12:09

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!