=== joesny [n=joesny@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== joesny [n=joesny@] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== rpereira [n=rpereira@ubuntu/member/rpereira] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ne78 [n=ne@d83-182-157-232.cust.tele2.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ne78All window clients using the new xcb backed Xlib make an _XCBUnlockDisplay error. is there a solution ?12:23
=== roico [n=roico@bzq-88-154-134-53.red.bezeqint.net] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Leaving"]
=== Burgwork [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== styx| [n=kvirc@p57A4C256.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== styx|34 [n=kvirc@p57A4C256.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Bye]
cjwatsonI would just like to say that filesystem corruption in /lib/udev/devices/std{in,out,err} is particularly annoying to try to recover from12:54
=== administrator_ [i=administ@nat/cisco/x-25d4413a51d0f9ec] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== milli [n=milli@famfrit.acmeps.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mbiebl [n=michael@e180092186.adsl.alicedsl.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cypherbios [n=cypher@ubuntu/member/cypherbios] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rpereira [n=rpereira@ubuntu/member/rpereira] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sistpoty [n=sistpoty@ubuntu/member/sistpoty] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mgalvin [n=mgalvin@ubuntu/member/mgalvin] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== freeflying [i=root@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@c-71-224-172-103.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== johanbr [n=j@blk-137-114-65.eastlink.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stgraber [n=stgraber@ubuntu/member/stgraber] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== TomB_ [n=tomb@host217-44-151-84.range217-44.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== BenC [n=bcollins@debian/developer/bcollins] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== beuno [n=martin@201-213-5-215.net.prima.net.ar] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ausimage [n=owner@ubuntu/member/ausimage] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdongis restricted-manager to be installed by default?02:19
=== ausimage [n=owner@ubuntu/member/ausimage] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== licio [n=licio@ubuntu/member/licio] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzjdong: that's the plan02:25
jdongmdz: awesome, that's nice to hear :)02:25
mdzcjwatson: I wonder why those aren't created on the fly02:25
jdongmdz: will it be made apparent to users that Restricted Manager is available?02:25
=== joesny [i=joesny@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508D9256.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdongi.e. if fglrx/nvidia cards are detected, pop up a first-boot notification bubble, etc02:26
mdzjdong: it will be in the menu and the release notes; do you mean something more?02:26
mdzjdong: something along those lines is intended, yes02:26
jdongmdz:  yeah, having it inform the user "Additional 3D acceleration is available for your hardware through proprietary drivers. Click this icon for more info" would be good.02:27
cjwatsonmdz: Debian's udev has the facility to do it, but for some reason Scott decided it was evil02:28
bddebianSounds evil :-)02:28
cjwatsonand indeed I think Debian's udev is configured that way by default, with /etc/udev/links.conf02:28
jdongbddebian: how about a little BonziBuddy-like GPL advisor (like a RMS buddy? :D)02:29
mdzcjwatson: I expect there are already plenty of targets in /lib such that corruption is more likely to take out something else critical02:29
cjwatsonit's curious that just those three inodes got clobbered02:29
bddebianjdong: Haha.  Yeah he pops up "THAT SOFTWARE IS NON_FREE!!"02:30
cjwatsonthey seem unusually related for random corruption02:30
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== spacey_ [n=herman@vpn.osso.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdongbddebian: New Malone bug 666666 in restricted-manager "RMS buddy leaves facial hair artifacts after closing" [High, Confirmed] 02:33
=== spacey_ [n=herman@vpn.osso.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lukaswayne9 [n=lukas@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mixium [n=chatzill@ip68-226-136-144.lf.br.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
kronomanI think that Ubuntu needs a better failure recovery, for novice users03:13
kronomanI mean, the concept of dumping to a root terminal if the system crashes goes against the "for human beings" thingy03:13
=== bluefoxicy [n=bluefox@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cr3 [n=marc@pdpc/supporter/bronze/cr3] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== minghua [n=minghua@ubuntu/member/minghua] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== slomo_ [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== yetiman [n=yagerp@ip68-12-100-188.ok.ok.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonkronoman: you've made your point multiple times now, and mdz commented on it earlier as well. I don't think it's necessary to keep bringing it up03:46
mdzmaybe it's a bot03:46
cjwatsonthere are enough variations that I think not03:49
lifelessmarkov chain?03:50
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== GmanAFK is now known as Gman
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cprov [n=cprov@monga.dorianet.com.br] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Arch_NME [n=arch_nme@000-115-223.area3.spcsdns.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Arch_NMEpersonally motivated suggestion... develop some support for cellular internet services into future ubuntu release04:19
Arch_NMEthat is all04:19
=== Treenaks [n=martijn@thuis.foodfight.org] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Lathiat [n=lathiat@ubuntu/member/pdpc.basic.lathiat] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kateikyoushi [n=kateikyo@nttkyo532179.tkyo.nt.ftth.ppp.infoweb.ne.jp] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-devel
TheMusodamn kvm05:18
jdongI'm guessing not the virtualization solution :)05:23
=== sponix [n=family@c-68-51-218-143.hsd1.ga.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
TheMusojdong: no05:28
=== nags [n=nags@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== styx|- [n=kvirc@p57A4B588.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== styx|345 [n=kvirc@p57A4B588.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mdz [n=mdz@cpe-76-173-8-128.socal.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kronoman is back in the house
kronomancjwatson: so, is worth that I start coding something like that ? or is already done ?05:52
kronomancjwatson: I could make like a 'agent' that could guide the user in the recovery steps05:52
=== TheMuso [n=luke@ubuntu/member/themuso] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== freeflying [i=root@gobstopper.dreamhost.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508D9256.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@cm4.omega22.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
FujitsuHi fabbione.06:16
=== minghua [n=minghua@ubuntu/member/minghua] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== RadiantFire [n=ryan@c-69-180-43-27.hsd1.ga.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Lure [n=lure@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== administrator_ [i=administ@nat/cisco/x-255e312bf7d07859] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== fabbione [i=fabbione@gordian.fabbione.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== fabbione prepares the sodomotron to kill somebody
Fujitsufabbione: Who broke what?07:05
fabbioneupdate from yesterday to today.. something took down my network.. network manager told NOT to touch my wired network, was spinning at 100% CPU unkillable and unable to reconfigure my network interface.. = full lock of the machine07:06
fabbionenow i have tons of corrupted crap in my /home07:06
fabbionesomebody is going to suffer a lot of pain today07:06
FujitsuMy NM exploded when I upgraded this afternoon, too... But it didn't kill the machine.07:07
fabbionethe machine was killed because i have some stuff over nfs07:07
fabbioneNM should not have touched my network since i told it NOT too in the first place07:08
FujitsuHeh, heh, heh.07:08
FujitsuThat was the change, I believe.07:08
FujitsuYou might want to check the changelog.07:08
fabbioneFujitsu: already done...07:08
=== pax [n=pax@pdpc/supporter/student/pax] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/Amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Mez [n=Mez@ubuntu/member/mez] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== doko [n=doko@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stephanbuys [n=stephanb@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Lutinhey there07:41
Lutindoko: are you around ?07:41
dokoLutin: not really ...07:42
Lutindoko: ok, see you later then07:43
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirmdke: regarding 82335> if you believe my fix doesn't cover all the cases, please tell me what you don't think is covered by my fix and I will be happy to take a look at that.07:55
=== stu1 [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== highvoltage [n=jaagaan@johannesleroux.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stephanbuys [n=stephanb@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mvo [n=egon@p54A67E28.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbioneMithrandir: mind to check outdate for ppc? i think gnome-panel-data is outdated... 08:04
fabbioneor tell me where it is now and i will look at it08:04
Mithrandirstuff moved to http://people.ubuntu.com/~ubuntu-archive/08:05
MithrandirI should send a mail to u-d-a about it.08:06
=== Fujitsu [n=Fujitsu@ubuntu/member/fujitsu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbioneMithrandir: i guess ppc could use a general giveback08:13
=== afflux [i=k@gateway/gpg-tor/key-0x6E18D3C4] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== titfortat [n=josh@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pitti [n=pitti@ubuntu/member/pitti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirpitti: you win 42 new source language packs. :-)08:30
=== Kagou [n=Kagou@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tkjacobsen [n=tkjacobs@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiMithrandir: accepted 30 seconds ago :)08:31
=== giftnudel [n=mb@p54A933DB.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirpitti: great. :-)08:31
pittiGood morning everyone, btw08:31
mvogood morning pitti08:32
=== mantiena [n=mantiena@ctv-84-55-4-28.init.lt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mantienaheloo all08:34
mantienaThere are no builds at cdimage.ubuntu.com/livecd-base/  for 4 days at least, anobody knows why ?08:36
StevenKMithrandir: If I give you a debdiff for openoffice.org-voikko, would you mind uploading it?08:36
MithrandirStevenK: please.08:36
=== highvoltage [n=jonathan@ubuntu/member/highvoltage] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-18-163.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKMithrandir: http://wedontsleep.org/~steven/ooo-voikko.debdiff08:38
StevenKMithrandir: It's just a build1 -> build2 kick08:38
Mithrandirah, sure.08:38
StevenKI tested it last night, I seriously doubt anything shattering has happened to the archive in the mean time.08:39
=== Fujitsu shatters the archive.
MithrandirStevenK: uploaded08:41
MithrandirFujitsu: just too late. :-)08:41
FujitsuI've got another 20 minutes, surely?08:41
Mithrandirmaybe, if you're in the DC.08:41
FujitsuAnd another hour after that before it starts building.08:41
=== Fujitsu gets to it.
StevenKMithrandir: Thanks08:42
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@cm4.omega22.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKMithrandir: I managed to get to the (7am) tech board meeting, and got a +1 from mdz and sabdfl for -core-dev, by the way08:42
MithrandirStevenK: yay. :-)08:42
StevenKOh yes. :-)08:43
=== sky_walkie [n=hrdlo@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tepsipakkiStevenK: have you tested that ooo-voikko would get correct Conflicts by a simple rebuild? I've talked to the maintainer who said that it doesn't currently handle rc-versions08:44
FujitsuStevenK: Congrats :)08:44
Mithrandirtepsipakki: sorry I wasn't around last night for your core-dev application08:45
StevenKtepsipakki: I can look again, if you like.08:45
tepsipakkiMithrandir: np, I forgot to ask you to be there ;)08:46
tepsipakkipitti: I'll look at vesa later today08:47
tepsipakkisorry, evdev08:47
pittitepsipakki: vesa? context?08:47
pittitepsipakki: thank you08:47
pittitepsipakki, Mithrandir: FYI, the meeting didn't handle applications, at least not until an hour after it started08:48
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C0B7A4.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittitepsipakki: applications are supposed to be handled through email to the TB first now08:48
tepsipakkithere is 1.1.5 which was released for 7.2 but maybe we should just find the commit to make it build08:48
tepsipakkipitti: oh, ok08:48
pittitepsipakki: backporting++, unless we can exhaustively test this easily08:48
tepsipakkiI can do both08:48
pittidoes 1.1.5 officially belong to 7.2?08:49
tepsipakkievdev isn't used by default anyway08:49
pittiif it's a stable branch from upstream, that might even be better; in this case we should just eyeball the diff for suspicious changes08:49
tepsipakkibut the list of changes wrt to 1.1.2 is long08:49
tepsipakkibut either way08:50
pittithe other bug that I saw that crashed a program due to that API/ABI change wasn't very encouraging08:50
tepsipakkidue to evdev?08:50
pittiyes; I mentioned that other bug in the FTBFS bug report08:51
fabbioneSetting up network-manager (0.6.4-6ubuntu3) ...08:51
fabbione * Reloading system message bus config...                                                                                           [ OK ]  08:51
fabbione * Restarting network connection manager NetworkManager                                                                                    08:51
fabbioneand 208:51
=== olemke [n=olemke@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbioneMithrandir: i think the last network manager update is breaking hard08:52
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirfabbione: that's a terrible bug report. :-P08:52
fabbioneMithrandir: i can give you all details.. basically ifaces are not wireless and configured via interfaces to use dhcp08:55
fabbioneMithrandir: for some reasons NM takes them down and it's not capable of bringing them up again08:55
fabbioneand that's bad when you have NFS mounted stuff08:55
Mithrandirhm, you have multiple active interfaces?08:56
=== poningru [n=poningru@pool-72-64-213-219.tampfl.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdkeMithrandir: your changelog entry says that it fixes the bug for people who use static interfaces. But the bug occurs also for people who use dhcp, and has them configured in /etc/network/interfaces, as I understand it NM simply ignores them08:56
mantienawho is responsible forf cdimage.ubuntu.com mirroring ? livecd-base mirroring doesn't work, because REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED08:57
fabbioneMithrandir: yes i do.. most of them are virtual interfaces tho08:57
fabbioneMithrandir: on my i386 there is only one real and plenty between vmware and tunnels08:57
fabbioneMithrandir: on laptop is one wired ether and 2 wireless.. tho i told NM NOT to touch any of them08:57
Mithrandirmdke: no, it doesn't.08:57
fabbioneon both machines.. 08:57
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@32-212.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbioneand during the upgrade it does try to take them over08:58
mdkeMithrandir: ok, well lots of people on that bug report say that it happens on their system (and it does on mine - I don't use static, I use dhcp)08:58
Mithrandirmdke: can you attach your /etc/network/interfaces to the bug report, please?08:58
mdkemantiena: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-cdimage08:59
mdkeMithrandir: sure08:59
mantienamdke: what ? I'm talkink about mirroring scripts08:59
mantienamdke: it seems womeone just forgot to upload new ssh key08:59
=== khermans1 [n=khermans@c-65-96-191-13.hsd1.ma.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdkemantiena: I was answering your question09:00
mdke"who is responsible for cdimage.ubuntu.com..."09:00
Mithrandirfabbione: the solution in your case might then be "don't use NM".09:00
khermans1it appears that many packages are depending ~gnome < 2.1809:00
fabbioneMithrandir: well i told NM not to touch my networks.. at least i think it is supposed to keep settings?09:00
khermans1but >= 2.18 are being installed09:01
Mithrandirfabbione: uh, how did you tell NM that?09:01
Fujitsufabbione: As I said before, the change in the last version modified that behaviour.09:01
fabbionefrom the applet: "Enable Networking".. i thought it meant.. keep your NM hands away from my settings09:02
fabbioneFujitsu: yes.. i got that...09:02
FujitsuOh, that way.09:02
mdkeMithrandir: done09:02
Mithrandirfabbione: no, it doesn't, and it's not what it says on the lid either.09:02
khermans1ie -> libwnck18 depends libwnck-common (<2.18) but 2.18.0 will is installed09:03
mantienacjwatson:  cdimage.ubuntu.com/livecd-base mirroring doesn't work, because REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED - look at cd-build-logs on people.ubuntu.com/~cjwatson09:03
Mithrandirkhermans1: we just had a new revision of gnome uploaded, the archive isn't consistent yet.  No need to nag us about it, it's being tended to.09:03
khermans1Mithrandir: i see that and i was wondering if you knew -- now i know09:04
khermans1Mithrandir: is there a HOWTO for unb0rking my apt/dpkg now that i screwed myself with the last dist-upgrade?09:05
Mithrandirkhermans1: wait until it doesn't give errors and then upgrade.09:05
Mithrandirmdke: your interfaces file ought to work with the new NM.09:06
khermans1Mithrandir: :-(09:06
=== khermans1 install xubuntu
Mithrandirmdke: I haven't tried, but from my changes and how your file looks, I believe that case is also fixed with the latest NM upload.09:06
=== hunger [n=tobias@pd95b0676.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdkeMithrandir: alright, I'll check and close the bug if so. I maybe misunderstood your changelog entry09:07
Mithrandirmdke: it might not respect the wireless-essid setting, though, which would be a bug.09:07
Mithrandirmdke: or my changelog entry wasn't good enough09:07
mdkeMithrandir: :)09:07
=== hunger [n=tobias@pd95b0676.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sabdfli'm about to do an upgrade, is apt / apt-utils b0rked? should I hold off a few hours?09:12
Mithrandirsabdfl: no, but you shouldn't force through updates if apt tells you that it can't install everything.  We had a full gnome upload yesterday and the archive is still slightly busy sorting the bits.09:14
TreenaksMithrandir: yeah, I noticed.. after it had removed gnome-panel :)09:17
FujitsuI noticed (what I presume to be a result of) it when my gnome-panel crashed a few times a second.09:18
TreenaksFujitsu: that too09:18
FujitsuBut then something else updated and it started up fine.09:18
=== dfarning [n=dfarning@69-179-21-245.dyn.centurytel.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@cm4.omega22.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdkeMithrandir: yes, works. Wow, the applet is quite cool all of a sudden09:24
Mithrandirmdke: does it pick up the wireless setting correctly too?09:25
mdkeMithrandir: I had to left click on the applet and select my network, then it connected09:25
mdkeno idea if i was already connected or not09:26
Mithrandirmdke: ok, it probably ignore it, then.  I should probably make it call ifup/ifdown and not manage it itself.09:26
mdkeok, well I'm happy anyway09:26
=== mdke hugs Mithrandir
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i59F722DE.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachgood morning09:28
=== Nuscly [n=nuscly@29-231.206-83.static-ip.oleane.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@215.168-200-80.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== carlos [n=carlos@163.pool85-48-166.static.orange.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== shiyee [n=Shiyee@homer.cs.aau.dk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittihey dholbach 09:46
=== juell [n=jga@p85.212.17.131.tisdip.tiscali.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachhey pitti09:48
Kagouit's seems that daily-live feisty iso for i386 is too big today09:53
=== jono [n=jono@ubuntu/member/jono] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittimvo: erk, the 'reboot required' dialog's German translation has lots of  signs in it09:56
pitticarlos: ^ I thought that would have been fixed?09:56
carlosggrrr, I forgot to send the request to the DBA :-( It's my fault09:57
HobbseeBenC: linux-backports-modules-2.6.20 is in depwait - sure the build-deps for that are right?  (it's referencing -8 headers, not -9)09:57
carlosI'm going to do it now so I'm sure I will not forget it again09:57
pitticarlos: thanks09:57
pittiHobbsee: and now we are at -10 already09:57
Hobbseepitti: true that, but it seems that it's behind, or something.  the 9.3 built with the -8 headers, so i'm confused.09:59
Mithrandirthe control file for l-b-m is wrong10:01
Hobbseei suspected as much, what should it be?10:01
Hobbseeie to point to -9, or -10?10:02
Mithrandir-10, but it's not a manual process.10:02
MithrandirI can fix it.10:02
=== Lure [n=lure@external-7.hermes.si] has joined #ubuntu-devel
MithrandirHobbsee: thanks, fixed.  Good catch.10:05
=== mneptok woggles an eyebrow
=== Mithrandir slaps mneptok
HobbseeMithrandir: :)10:06
=== Hobbsee attacks mneptok with the Long Pointy Stick of DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
=== Fujitsu drops the broken linux-backports-modules-2.6.20 on mneptok.
mneptokMithrandir: careful. that's Hobbsee's job.10:06
Hobbseemneptok: you wish it was.10:07
Mithrandirmneptok: you dirty old man.10:07
mneptokHobbsee: the GF is pleased to know that women continue to abuse me as she sleeps. it's like a weird trade union.10:07
=== herzi [n=herzi@p548FBE41.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachcould somebody please give back gnome-python-desktop on amd64?10:12
Mithrandirdholbach: done, and same for ppc done10:13
=== dholbach hugs Mithrandir
dholbachMithrandir: you ROCK :)10:13
Mithrandirthanks. :-)10:13
Mithrandirhuzzah, evo built fine now10:14
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachhey seb12810:14
seb128hi dholbach10:15
=== pitti hugs seb128
=== seb128 hugs pitti back
seb128pitti: language packs seem to work fine10:16
pittiseb128: yay10:16
pittifor me, too10:16
pittihigh time, eh10:16
Mithrandiriwj: pdf2ps segfaults in the opensp build, would you like to take a look at it?  http://librarian.launchpad.net/6640435/buildlog_ubuntu-feisty-powerpc.opensp_1.5.2-3build2_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz10:17
=== jack [n=jack@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandiriwj: seems to be ppc specific.10:18
Mithrandirseb128: your pyorbit upload blew up sideways, you might want to take a look http://librarian.launchpad.net/6601939/buildlog_ubuntu-feisty-i386.pyorbit_2.14.2-0ubuntu2_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz10:19
=== jack_wyt [n=jack@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128Mithrandir: I've asked doko if he could have look some time ago, it's due to the python-dbg changes :/10:19
Mithrandirseb128: from the build log, it doesn't look like that.  Looks more like libtool fell over.10:20
seb128Mithrandir: yeah, and autotools are runned for the python-dbg changes10:21
dholbachseb128: if you want, I'll try to take a look?10:22
seb128dholbach: if you want to do so you are welcome10:23
dholbachok, just looking at a new workrave, will do it afterwards10:23
seb128Mithrandir: when is beta freeze starting?10:24
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@cm4.omega22.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirseb128: tomorrow.10:24
seb128oh, good10:24
=== shackan [n=shackan@85-18-14-13.fastres.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittimvo: I just wasted 20 minutes banging my head on the table before I discovered that gksu does not propagate the exit status10:31
pitti'gksu false' exiting with 0 is wrong...10:31
seb128speaking about sudo it behaves weirdly for users not to the admin group on my desktop10:33
seb128sudo command asks for the password10:33
seb128and then do nothing10:33
seb128no error, no message, it just don't do the action and acts like it was doing10:33
seb128ah, there is a bug open: https://beta.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sudo/+bug/8114010:34
UbugtuMalone bug 81140 in sudo "sudo (edgy) silently fails when user is not a member of admin" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  10:34
pittimvo: ah, it's already filed as bug 5163310:35
UbugtuMalone bug 51633 in gksu "Doesn't return correct system exit code" [Undecided,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/5163310:35
=== HiddenWolf [n=HiddenWo@136.51.dynamic.phpg.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiseb128: hm, I get 'joe is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.'10:36
seb128pitti: I don't10:36
seb128if you need any debug info let me know ;)10:36
=== pitti takes a needle and sews together desktop-effects and restricted-manager now
Mithrandirseb128: the pyorbit build failure is due to the CC=$PYTHON_CC in configure.in, but you'll need to change the AC_SUBST([ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS] , [..]  line too, to change $ac_macro_dir to (the string) m4.10:37
FujitsuI get both sudo behaviours across various machines.10:38
pittiFujitsu: comparing sudoers and group memberships on both machines would be appreciated10:38
FujitsuI can't recall which has which, but I'll have a look tomorrow.10:39
seb128Mithrandir: ok, thank you10:39
Mithrandirseb128: (and you need to run autoconf once after changing configure.in).10:39
pittiFujitsu: thanks10:39
seb128dholbach: ^ if you are on pyorbit10:39
=== pitti wonders at which orbital height Python is
Mithrandirseb128: at least it completes building here.10:39
seb128Mithrandir: good, thank you for looking at it!10:40
=== herzi [n=herzi@p548FBE41.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== siretart_ [i=siretart@tauware.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hunger [n=tobias@pd95b0676.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachMithrandir: do you have any idea, why gnome-python-desktop just ftbfs? i successfully updated my powerpc to python-gnome2-dev (2.18.0-0ubuntu1) a minute ago10:47
Mithrandirdholbach: I'll take a look in a second10:50
dholbachMithrandir: gracias10:50
=== Mithrandir stares at the output from cruft-checker:
Mithrandir * php4-ps_1.3.4-3ubuntu1 builds: php5-ps10:50
Mithrandir      but no longer builds:10:50
Mithrandir        o 1.3.4-2: php4-ps10:50
Mithrandirmaybe a rename of the source package is in order?10:50
=== Mithrandir takes immense pleasure in removing php4 binaries from the archive
pittiMithrandir: yay!10:51
Mithrandirdholbach: probably just unfortunate timing wrt when python-gnome2 was happy, given-back10:54
=== tokj [n=tokj@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirdholbach: seems to be building now at least11:01
StevenKMithrandir: Reaccept it, and purge it out again.11:02
dholbachMithrandir: super - I'll pester with you some other give-back requests later, so gnome 2.18 is installable on powerpc and amd64 again11:02
Mithrandirdholbach: if it's on outdate.txt, I'll tend to it by myself, so unless you see something stuck for a while, you don't need to ask me.11:03
mvopitti: yeah, that gksu problem is very anoying11:07
=== Seveas [n=seveas@ubuntu/member/seveas] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== abattoir_ [n=abattoir@cm4.omega22.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== finalbeta [n=finalbet@d54C689F7.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lbm [n=lbm@0x555373ab.adsl.cybercity.dk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonMithrandir: I didn't see any need to mail -devel-announce about the report URL changes since I left redirects in place11:20
cjwatsonkhermans1: you made a comment the other day that "the new ubiquity is broken" or some such. Care to give details?11:20
=== carlos [n=carlos@163.pool85-48-166.static.orange.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== TomB_ [n=tomb@host217-44-151-84.range217-44.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gman [i=gman@nat/sun/x-7c762528b45bef40] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bmm [n=chatzill@ai178110.ai.rug.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sahin_w [i=kvirc@nat/hp/x-603d446971ed629a] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandircjwatson: well, point, but telling people that "you might want to poke around at ~ubuntu-archive to see if you find interesting information" might not be a bad idea?11:26
=== Zdra [n=zdra@cable-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== abattoir__ [n=abattoir@cm4.omega22.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonMithrandir: true11:30
imbrandonMithrandir, do i need to poke you ( or another archive admin ) about a edgy-proposed upload , or will it automajicly get accepted ( sru page said something about poke to make sure the versioning was sane )11:31
imbrandonversioning is/was mod-mono_1.1.17-3 -->  mod-mono_1.1.17-3build1~proposed1 fyi 11:31
pittimvo: shall I take a look at gksu?11:31
mvopitti: if you have spare cycles, that would be great11:32
=== heno [n=henrik@ubuntu/member/heno] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirimbrandon: why the build1 in there?11:33
pittimvo: well, not exactly 'spare', but it makes the destop-effects/restricted-manager integration look bad, and that's my top goal ATM11:33
Mithrandirimbrandon: sorry, you do of course need something like that, ignore me. :-)11:34
imbrandonMithrandir, because its only a rebuild ( but i was told it needed to be a SRU )11:34
mvopitti: right, if you would fix it, g-a-i would benefit as well, so I'm all for it :)11:34
imbrandonno real changes11:34
pittimvo: ok; doesn't sound hard11:34
imbrandonMithrandir, 17-3 is whats currently in the archive 11:35
Mithrandirimbrandon: yes, I see that.11:35
Mithrandirimbrandon: I'd probably have named it 1.1.17-3edgy1~proposed1 to show that it's an edgy branch.11:35
imbrandonsure i can do that if you can remove the upload i just did, only take me 2 seconds to change11:36
Mithrandirpitti: are you aware of the langpacks in edgy-proposed NEW?11:38
pittiMithrandir: oh, I thought I already rejected them; doing now, thanks11:38
Mithrandirimbrandon: rejected.11:38
imbrandonMithrandir, k11:39
=== pitti cleans up the langpack clutter in feisty/NEW as well
imbrandonMithrandir, ok re-uploaded , so if you get a sec can you push that through11:41
imbrandonmoins pitti 11:41
Mithrandirimbrandon: will do once it shows up in the queue (at :45)11:41
pittihey imbrandon 11:41
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-692b0ec4439e8b85] has joined #ubuntu-devel
imbrandonMithrandir, ok, thanks ;)11:41
=== abattoir__ [n=abattoir@cm4.omega22.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mneptok slaps imbrandon's butt
mneptok*muah* hey sailor :)11:44
=== jinty [n=jinty@dslb-088-073-096-142.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
iwjMithrandir: Sure, I'll look at your pdf2ps bug.11:44
Mithrandiriwj: thanks a lot11:45
ograseb128, do you have any hint for me for bug 82527 ? do i need anything special to register with dbus ?11:46
UbugtuMalone bug 82527 in gnome-screensaver "gnome-screensaver-command doesn't work for gnome-screesaver instances started from /etx/X11/Xsession.d" [Undecided,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8252711:46
seb128ogra: does it need some environment variable?11:46
ogra(not for the gss issue there, but we need the student-control-panel client working)11:46
=== seb128 opens the bug
ograseb128, nope .... we have an Xsession.d script that starts scp-client on thin client sessions ...11:47
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograit needs the LTSP_CLIENT env variable set to actually start the binary, but that happens fine ...11:48
ograit just cant communicate thrugh dbus11:48
=== lbm_ [n=lbm@0x555373ab.adsl.cybercity.dk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograas the screensaver apparently cant either f not started by gnome-session ...11:48
seb128ogra: it probably requires something in the environment which is set with gnome-session11:49
ograhmm, k, i'll dig in that direction, thanks for the pointer11:50
=== khermans2 [n=khermans@c-65-96-191-13.hsd1.ma.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pochu [n=pochu@ubuntu/member/pochu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== abattoir__ [n=abattoir@cm4.omega22.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittimvo: erk, this is much worse than I imagined12:03
=== WaterSevenUb [n=WaterSev@azevedo.astro.up.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bmm [n=chatzill@ai178110.ai.rug.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittimvo: so this would involve API changes, rebuilds of several packages and extensive changes in libgksu gksu12:07
=== abattoir_ [n=abattoir@cm4.omega22.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograseb128, heh, got it ... syou shouldnt execute stuff from Xsession.d scripts but just add them to $STARTUP so it gets DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS set in the environment :)12:13
ograthe scp-client script only executed the command ...12:14
mvopitti: I vaguely remeber that I looked at it some months ago and felt that its a can of worms too12:14
Mithrandirit feels like I've given-back half the archive now.12:15
=== TeTeT [n=spindler@modemcable178.77-70-69.static.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stephanbuys [n=stephanb@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
imbrandonlol @ Mithrandir 12:16
=== mc44 [n=mc44@unaffiliated/mc44] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== chand| [n=rsamson@linagoraberri.pck.nerim.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== abattoir_ [n=abattoir@cm4.omega22.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Keybuk [n=scott@quest.netsplit.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
HobbseeMithrandir: must be time for you to give back the other half then.12:21
=== Fujitsu [n=Fujitsu@ubuntu/member/fujitsu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jrib [n=jasonr@upstream/dev/jrib] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograseb128, i had various reports about shutdown not working anymore from the logout dialog ... did you just switch recently from gdm to gpm for gnome-session ? 12:33
ograhmm, k12:33
seb128when did you start getting them?12:33
ograthen i'll try to get more info 12:33
ograjammcq said with the last update he did this week, but he's not completely up to date yet ... i'll wait until he upgraded12:34
ograi just thought i missed the switch or something 12:34
Fujitsuseb128: Did you do the processing of -proposed uploads a couple of hours ago?12:35
MithrandirFujitsu: no, I did a couple for edgy-proposed.12:36
seb128Fujitsu: no, I don't do SRU12:36
=== Hobbsee wonders who broke cupsys
MithrandirHobbsee: broken how?12:37
pittiHobbsee: Till did some pretty intrusive changes recently; can you please talk to him?12:37
pittiHobbsee: I saw a lot of bug reports about not-working backends any more12:37
HobbseeMithrandir: pitti https://beta.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cupsys/+bug/9220512:37
pittiHobbsee: I guess something in the backend enabling/disabling broke12:37
UbugtuMalone bug 92205 in cupsys "Error on cupsys update" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  12:37
Hobbseeinstalling error12:37
FujitsuMithrandir: Aren't you meant to set the bug to fixcommitted?12:38
pittiHobbsee: oh, I see12:38
MithrandirHobbsee: ouch12:38
pittiHobbsee: right, that's the recently uploaded version12:39
=== pitti mangles the bug
geserMithrandir: is it possible to sync linux-ntfs from Debian unstable to fix bug #86231 aka Debian bug #379628 ?12:39
Hobbseeit's only just come thru, doesnt appear to have any dupes yet12:39
MithrandirFujitsu: hm, I don't think that has been discussed in the new MOTU SRU proposal.  I think it'd make sense for the uploader to set it to fix committer.12:39
UbugtuMalone bug 86231 in linux-ntfs "Installer won't resize Windows Vista NTFS-partitions" [Undecided,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8623112:39
UbugtuDebian bug 379628 in ntfsprogs "ntfsresize: resizing a Vista NTFS partition leads to corrupted" [Critical,Closed]  http://bugs.debian.org/37962812:39
Mithrandirgeser: I believe cjwatson has been pondering how to attack that problem.  Try asking him?12:39
Fujitsu`After the upload, archive administrators should then verify that the version number of the upload is sane and accept the package into -proposed. They set the bug status to Fix committed.'12:40
=== macd [n=d@adsl-222-43-83.msy.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
FujitsuMithrandir: Some people won't be on [old release] -changes, so won't see the notification of the acceptance unless there's a change on the bug.12:41
gesercjwatson: is it possible to sync linux-ntfs from Debian unstable to fix bug #86231 aka Debian bug #379628 ?12:41
UbugtuMalone bug 86231 in linux-ntfs "Installer won't resize Windows Vista NTFS-partitions" [Undecided,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8623112:41
UbugtuDebian bug 379628 in ntfsprogs "ntfsresize: resizing a Vista NTFS partition leads to corrupted" [Critical,Closed]  http://bugs.debian.org/37962812:41
=== gicmo [n=gicmo@p5491e8eb.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsongeser: uh, surely that was a partman problem12:47
cjwatsonat least, a partman problem as well12:48
cjwatsonhappy to take 1.13.1-6 from testing though, probably; will check12:48
cjwatsonMithrandir: everything from partman-base 100 to 105 looks OK - http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/d-i/trunk/packages/partman/partman-base/debian/changelog?op=file&rev=0&sc=0 - UVFe?12:50
geserit's only a 2 line change which is also in the bug report12:50
cjwatsongeser: there was definitely a partman problem; I know because I spent a couple of hours reviewing the patch12:50
Mithrandircjwatson: looks sane; go for it.12:51
Mithrandircjwatson: are you planning on a d-i upload for the new kernel too?12:51
cjwatsonoh, was there another ABI bump? yes then, but not just yet12:52
Mithrandir-10 is in the archive now and default, so yes.12:52
Mithrandirjust a gentle push12:52
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zzz_ [n=ubuntu@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbioneMithrandir: i know ben is about to upload -11 to fix all the audio mess that happened with -1012:58
imbrandonhum means i will need to reupload lirc, is there a way to have that package rebuilt on a new kern upload ?12:59
=== EtienneG [n=etienne@modemcable178.77-70-69.static.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
imbrandonlike the lrm is etc01:00
=== zzz_ [n=ubuntu@] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Konversation]
Mithrandirimbrandon: no, there isn't.01:01
imbrandonhum okies /me adds it to a personal soyuz wishlist01:02
=== zzz_ [n=ubuntu@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-18-163.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zzz_ [n=ubuntu@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirdholbach: the libgnome-desktop-dev build-dependency of deskbar-applet is ever-so-slightly optimistic, isn't it?01:10
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@205.207.103-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Tonio_BenC: ping ?01:11
imbrandonmoins Tonio_ 01:11
Tonio_hey imbrandon :)01:11
HobbseeTonio_: [23:11]  [Whois]  BenC has been idle for 11 hours, 2 minutes, and 32 seconds.01:11
Tonio_Hobbsee: indeed01:11
Tonio_Hobbsee: heard about a kernel problem with the latest released ? it doesn't boot on macbook machines, so I wondered if I should report the bug01:12
Tonio_Hobbsee: as you follow malone carefully.... ;)01:12
HobbseeTonio_: cant say i've been following, with the >20 sec load time on every single launchpad page, and i dont get that in my email.01:13
=== Hobbsee has been avoiding LP on that basis
imbrandonTonio_, from what i seen a few minutes ago in here BenC is planned to upload -11 soonish, maybe that will fix it, if not i would file a bug01:13
slomo_Mithrandir: hi :) can you take a look at bug #91639 ?01:13
UbugtuMalone bug 91639 in ndesk-dbus "UVF exception: ndesk-dbus 0.4.2" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/9163901:13
Tonio_Hobbsee: I'll have a look and report that toonight01:13
HobbseeTonio_: however, i havent really looked in -bugs that much either.01:13
Tonio_Hobbsee: the point is I also needed to test a kernel patch for the speakers but I can't since it fails to boot01:14
Mithrandirdholbach: care to take a look at the gnome-games ftbfs?01:15
Mithrandirslomo_: looking.01:15
dholbachMithrandir: sure01:16
Keybukcupsys is broken :-/01:17
HobbseeKeybuk: known.  want the bug id?01:17
Hobbseeoh bugger, then i have to find it01:17
HobbseeKeybuk: https://launchpad.net/bugs/9220501:17
UbugtuMalone bug 92205 in cupsys "Error on cupsys update" [Undecided,Confirmed]  01:17
=== Keybuk bets it worked on Mandriva
pittiI just set this to High01:18
Fujitsupitti: Apparently not.01:19
Mithrandirpitti: uh, apparently lp did something funky and removed it when I milestoned it.01:19
pittiMithrandir: we probably changed it at the same time01:19
pittiI set it to high, assigned it to Till, and milestoned01:20
Fujitsupitti: It was 9 minutes apart.01:20
Mithrandirpitti: no, we didn't.  I remember seeing you had assigned it to Till already.01:20
Mithrandirbut it wasn't milestoned.01:20
Hobbseeit's still milestoned, etc.01:20
Mithrandiranyway, it's high/till-ed now01:20
=== pitti mangles again and blames cosmic rays
=== Fujitsu blames dodgy Malone instead.
Hobbseeclearly Ubugtu hasnt gotten an updated email or something yet - it's always a bit delaye01:20
=== Hobbsee BLAMES SEVEAS!
=== freeflying [i=root@gobstopper.dreamhost.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachMithrandir: lunch first :)01:21
FujitsuHobbsee: No, the status on the actual bug got reset.01:21
Hobbseeoh, weird01:21
Hobbseeoh, meh.  3 people trying to modify the same bug at once always causes large amounts of trouble01:22
FujitsuHobbsee: Mithrandir was some 8 minutes later. Milestoning seems to reset it.01:22
=== twilight [n=twilight@ubuntu/member/twilight] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== carlos [n=carlos@163.pool85-48-166.static.orange.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirslomo_: how well tested is this?01:24
Keybukpitti: I have a patch already I think01:24
slomo_Mithrandir: works fine for me since the day of the release01:25
Keybukin the sense that I have an upload that restores cups to its formerly working state01:25
slomo_Mithrandir: and i tested it with almost all packages that depend on it01:26
Mithrandirslomo_: and no ille effects?01:26
MithrandirKeybuk: it looks fairly easy to just adjust its perception of where the mime database should be instead?01:26
KeybukMithrandir: the problem is that cups doesn't support path:path:path :p01:27
cjwatsonI think it would be good to finish the job rather than reverting if possible01:27
cjwatsonthe idea was to add such support to cups, I understood01:27
cjwatsonwas discussed on IRC the other day01:27
pittiKeybuk: it's supposed to support it now01:27
Keybukthe patch uploaded only changes the string of paths, it doesn't add any kind of support for looking in multiple directories01:27
Keybukpitti: this is signed by your key ... did you test it before upload?01:27
slomo_Mithrandir: nope, everything perfect :)01:28
pittiKeybuk: not this time, I started trusting Till's uploads01:28
pittiand time crunch, sorry01:28
=== pitti needs to run for about two hours, bbl
Mithrandirslomo_: ok, approved.01:29
slomo_Mithrandir: thanks01:29
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@cm4.omega22.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograseb128, jammcq> hey, even after applying 130mb of updates, it still locks up when I try and shutdown, but shutting down from GDM seems to be fine01:31
ograseems like gpm or gnome-session misbehave01:32
bmmHi everybody. I'm packaging the io language interperter, do I need to post an ITP somewhere (like with debian)?01:32
Fujitsuogra: locks up like how? When I last tried it (an hour or two ago) the button pressed, but then the session froze before it popped up again.01:33
seb128ogra: gpm is not used for shutdown01:33
ograseb128, oh, you didnt switch at all ?01:33
ograi thought you had planned that01:33
ograFujitsu, the logout dialog just hangs on a greyed out desktop01:34
seb128ogra: and I decided to do it next cycle because it was late in the cycle already, etc01:34
Fujitsuogra: I can confirm that.01:34
seb128ogra: do you have network-manager installed? does it happen without it?01:34
seb128we had a bug where it happens to guy and it's fixed without n-m01:34
ogradunno, i'll ask jammcq to join here01:34
seb128maybe it takes the lo interface down or something01:34
=== jammcq [n=jam@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
shawarmabmm: Try #ubuntu-motu01:35
ograhey jammcq 01:35
jammcqhello ogra 01:36
seb128hi jammcq01:36
jammcqhello seb128 01:36
ograjammcq, <seb128> ogra: do you have network-manager installed? does it happen without it?01:36
ogra<seb128> we had a bug where it happens to guy and it's fixed without n-m01:36
bmmshawarma: will do, thanks01:36
=== cypherbios [n=cypher@ubuntu/member/cypherbios] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jammcqhaving a small problem withfeisty01:36
jammcqyes, I have nm installed, and that's working fine.  haven't tried without it01:36
ograjammcq, see above01:36
ograseems it has cases where it touches the lo interface01:36
jammcqhow do I try without it?  remove it?01:36
=== mbiebl [n=michael@e180122191.adsl.alicedsl.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
FujitsuDoes NM have a habit of making lo vanish? Mine does sometimes.01:37
seb128jammcq: uninstall the package01:38
seb128Fujitsu: no idea01:38
jammcqmy nm has been working wonderfully for the last 4 weeks or so01:38
henoHobbsee: do you still see 20 sec load times on LP? I find it's improved over the past 3-4 days01:38
jammcqseb128: ok, i'll remove it right now01:38
henoHobbsee: I'm asking so I can give useful feedback to the LP team01:38
ograFujitsu, it has way more evil habits than touching lo ... i.e. shutting down static interfaces you run servers on ... :)01:38
Fujitsuogra: I find touching lo to be worse.01:39
ograeven though killing lo might be similary evil01:39
=== Zdra [n=zdra@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseeheno: yes.  before it was 45+.  i'm speaking to SteveA at the moment about it, and he's testing.01:39
FujitsuIt breaks my mpd regularly :(01:39
henoHobbsee: ok, thanks. it's never been that bad here, 20, but not 45 I think01:40
Hobbseeheno: yes, but you're not aussie01:40
henoabout 2-3 seconds now at worst01:40
Hobbseeat worst.  that'd be at best, for here.  lucky.01:41
tepsipakkijammcq: put "exit 0" to /etc/default/NetworkManager and /etc/default/NetworkManagerDispatcher..01:41
tepsipakkithat's how I disable it01:41
tepsipakkithat could also be documented somewhere01:42
henoHobbsee: do you have caching of SSL enabled?01:42
Hobbseeheno: no, we were asked to test without it01:42
henoright, ok01:42
jammcqseb128: ok, removed nm, rebooted.  shutdown still hangs :(01:43
seb128ok, not it then01:43
seb128dunno what it would be :/01:44
jammcqcan I just re-install nm now?01:44
Mithrandirheno: ssl caching doesn't seem to make any difference for me here.01:44
jammcqalso, on the updates that I installed today, cups seems to have a problem with post-inst01:44
jammcqI got this:01:45
Hobbseejammcq: known.01:45
imbrandonMithrandir, should that mod-mono build show up on LP even from -proposed ? ( i'm not seeing it yet is why i ask )01:45
Mithrandirogra: have you had a chance to look at the gnome-power-manager build failure on sparc?01:45
ograseb128, its weird that it works from gdm directly though ... do you know the status of the current console kit implementation we use ? might be that its needing it now ...01:45
jammcq   E: cupsys:subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 201:45
henoMithrandir: as in 'it's fixed to be equally good', or equally bad?01:45
seb128ogra: we don't use console kit01:45
jammcqHobbsee: known issue on the shutdown problem?01:45
Hobbseejammcq: https://launchpad.net/bugs/9220501:45
UbugtuMalone bug 92205 in cupsys "Error on cupsys update" [High,Fix committed]  01:45
ograMithrandir, i looked at the ftbfs log and understood that i have no clue how to fix it ...01:45
henoif that makes sense01:45
Hobbseejammcq: no, the cupsys01:45
jammcqcool, i won't worry about it then01:46
ograMithrandir, nothing beyond that yet01:46
Mithrandirogra: have you solicited help?01:46
ogranot yet #01:46
=== cr3 [n=marc@pdpc/supporter/bronze/cr3] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirheno: it's between 1 and 5 seconds for me.01:47
Mithrandirso quite bad, but nowhere near the times Hobbsee are seeing.01:47
ograthe ftbfs log is here, in case some sparc god is listening ... http://librarian.launchpad.net/6761499/buildlog_ubuntu-feisty-sparc.gnome-power-manager_2.18.0-0ubuntu1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz01:53
=== cassidy_ [n=cassidy@68.170-200-80.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128ogra: don't use -Werror ;)01:53
seb128I'm not a sparc god, that's a workaround though :p01:54
seb128Werror doesn't bring much to a stable version01:54
fabbioneogra: it's problably complaining that the stuff is not 64bit alligned01:55
fabbioneeven if userland is 3201:55
seb128GNOME tarball usually use Werror on SVN only01:55
fabbioneall the access must be 64bit alligned01:55
ograwell, amd64 doesnt make probs ... 01:55
fabbioneamd64 does not require allignment01:55
ograneither do i get reports fro ppc6401:55
fabbionesparc is the only one that forces it01:55
=== _TomB [n=tomb@host217-44-150-4.range217-44.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== TomB_ [n=tomb@host217-44-150-4.range217-44.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ografabbione, but since its only a warning, it should do no harm to just disable Werror ? 01:59
ograor do i need to hack up the upstream code ?01:59
fabbioneogra: i am ok if you want to disable -Werror only for sparc02:00
ograwell, since seb128 says its disabled in upstream releases anyway i'm fine to switch it off everywhere ... dunno why gpm didnt do that 02:00
ograconfigure.in has a commented line without Werror, likely just an oversight of hughsie02:01
iwjFeh, the pdf from my i386 build of opensp doesn't make powerpc's pdf2ps crash.  I'll have to build opensp on davis.02:02
=== ^robertj [n=rcaskey@cai17.music.uga.edu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== RadiantFire [n=ryan@c-69-180-43-27.hsd1.ga.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Mithrandir sighs and starts hacking on getting grub to work with gcc 4.1
iwjMithrandir: That opensp build WFM when I build it by hand on davis.02:13
Mithrandiriwj: ugh.  I could try a give-back and see if it's just a bogon which hit the buildd at the wrong time.02:13
=== Lure [n=lure@external-7.hermes.si] has joined #ubuntu-devel
iwjMithrandir: I think it may be a difference in the gs versions.02:14
Mithrandiriwj: well, I just gave it back; let's hope it works this time around, else we can ask for a freshening of the davis chroot?02:14
iwjJust a mo ...02:15
iwj... the buildd used gs-esp and davis is using gs-gpl.02:16
=== rpereira [n=rpereira@ubuntu/member/rpereira] has joined #ubuntu-devel
iwjgs-esp is 8.15 and full of bugs.02:16
iwjI think that for feisty I might try and see if I can persuade Till that we should make gs-gpl the default.02:17
MithrandirI'm scared of doing that change at this point.02:17
iwjYers.  Well the alternative is to have me debug it and find a bug which will turn out to have been fixed in 8.54.02:18
iwjBut I can do that if that's what you want :-).  I quite _enjoy_ bughunting in gs, but it seems a bit silly when the bug is already fixed elsewhere and we just don't know which one it is ...02:18
Mithrandirchanging the build-deps should be the easy way out on this one.02:19
iwjMithrandir: Err, yes.  Nice kludge.02:19
iwjOK, shall I do that ?02:19
Mithrandiryes, please.02:19
MithrandirI was more worried about changing the default, but if you can make a good case for it, we can certainly discuss it.02:20
Mithrandir8.54 > 8.15, after all. :-)02:20
iwjQuite.  The problem is that there are quite a few printers which aren't supported in gs-gpl but are in gs-esp.02:20
iwjIdeally we'd use gs-gpl for ps processing and stuff and gs-esp just as a backend.02:20
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirhmm.  If this was two months ago, I'd think that would be a swell idea. :-)02:21
=== stratus [n=stratus@cronopio.rits.org.br] has joined #ubuntu-devel
asacsource thaifonts-scalable is not in merges (main) list ... i guess this is an automatically sync'ed package, right?02:24
Hobbseeasac: might be on the manual merge page02:25
Hobbseeasac: version number suggests that it's nto an autosync02:25
asacright ... so what does this mean ... in regards to updating it to latest?02:26
Hobbseeasac: well, the version number means that it's nto in debian, or wasnt at the time of packaging, so you can just update it in ubuntu (and get a UVFe because we're in freeze)02:27
Hobbseeif it's in debian now, then you should merge it with the debian packaging, to get debian fixes.  if it's really whacked, dont bother, just grab any fixes in there02:27
asacah ok :)02:29
=== finalbeta [n=finalbet@d54C689F7.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== scto [n=tom@84-73-91-228.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== scto [n=tom@84-73-91-228.dclient.hispeed.ch] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== blackskad [n=blackska@latex.ugent.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Nuscly [n=nuscly@29-231.206-83.static-ip.oleane.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mgalvin [n=mgalvin@ubuntu/member/mgalvin] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mgalvin [n=mgalvin@ubuntu/member/mgalvin] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j1mc [n=jcampbel@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@32-212.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== troy_s [n=aphorism@d206-116-6-170.bchsia.telus.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== troy_s [n=aphorism@d206-116-6-170.bchsia.telus.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukcjwatson: mbp has found an amusing bug03:32
Keybukcjwatson: the rescue thing on the alternate CD doesn't have a "normal" /sbin/init, does it? :p03:32
cjwatsonno ...?03:33
cjwatsonbusybox init03:33
Keybukso when you upgrade upstart, and the postinst sends SIGTERM to pid 1 to tell the running one to reexec ... what do you think happens? :p03:33
cjwatsonsysvinit used to check whether it was running in a chroot, I'm sure03:34
cjwatsonhmm, maybe not, dunno03:34
Keybuknah, sysvinit used to use /dev/initctl to tell it to rexec03:34
TreenaksKeybuk: now you know why ;)03:35
Keybukupstart uses the signal since most of the time I need to do it is when I've wedged it03:35
Keybukand signal handlers have the advantage of not needing the main loop to be working properly :p03:35
Keybukis there a way to tell you're running in a chroot?03:36
=== pitti [n=pitti@ubuntu/member/pitti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== styx_ivs [n=kvirc@p57A4B588.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
siretart_iwj: are you still interested in my 'initramfs'?03:40
=== pochu [n=pochu@ubuntu/member/pochu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
BenC  * quickcam: Add 0.6.6 driver (from qc-usb package).03:43
BenC    - GIT-SHA 6cfdbcfc6427769567a0b4bb593751c089f3d85203:43
BenCNafallo: ^^03:43
cjwatsonMithrandir: could you quickly review kboot-installer? I need it in main03:45
cjwatson(it's in NEW)03:45
=== stephanbuys [n=stephanb@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiKeybuk: Till just sent me a new cupsys package; did you already upload something?03:48
=== stephanbuys [n=stephanb@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukpitti: nope03:49
Keybukgo for it03:49
=== duese [n=Ident@p5484CC8C.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittimvo: btw, isn't this cups thingy a perfect test case for the u-m apport integration?03:50
mvopitti: yes! 03:51
pochuMithrandir: there have been some request for xubuntu PPC, would it be possible to build theme in xubuntu/ports?03:51
mvopitti: the integration is there03:51
mvoor rather, should be there :)03:51
pittimvo: I don't see any bugs for it03:52
pittimvo: anyway, I'll do an upgrade to the broken version and check it03:52
mvopitti: thanks. keep me updated03:53
=== carlos [n=carlos@163.pool85-48-166.static.orange.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirpochu: yes, sure.03:56
pochuMithrandir: thanks :)03:56
Mithrandirpitti: are you ok with me just putting kboot-installer in main?  It's written by Colin, it's a d-i component and looks perfectly fine to me.03:58
pittiMithrandir: of course; in-house developments are no problem03:58
Mithrandircjwatson: accepted.03:59
Mithrandirpitti: thanks; I still wanted to check with you03:59
pittimvo: hm, I got the postinst failure, and the final dialog with the error message, but no apport report03:59
cjwatsonMithrandir: thanks04:00
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508dbb9c.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonpitti: any chance you could review ps3pf-utils for main? (ideally ps3-kboot as well but that's (a) more complicated and (b) less urgent)04:00
pitticjwatson: can do, yes04:00
pitticjwatson: after cupsys, though04:00
mvopitti: strange. I will investiage, thanks04:02
=== nags [n=nags@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittimvo: echo hallo | /usr/share/apport/package_hook -p cupsys still works (and that's testcase'd as well)04:03
=== tkamppeter [n=till@bl7-104-178.dsl.telepac.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittihi tkamppeter 04:04
=== pitti uploads fixed cupsys package, this time tested
tkamppeterpitti, can you upload cupsys quickly, as there is bug 92205, one of the "make system totally unusable" thingies. 04:05
UbugtuMalone bug 92205 in cupsys "Error on cupsys update" [High,Fix released]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/9220504:05
tkamppeterYou are much faster than me and Ubugtu.04:05
pittitkamppeter: it would be nice if 96_more-bug-fixes-between-cups-1.2.8-1.2.9 would unapply (but that's much lower priority)04:05
pittitkamppeter: building the package, and then cleaning it doesn't work ATM04:06
tkamppeterThnks pitti, otherwise we will get a similar duplicate collection as with hal04:06
tkamppeterThis is strange,  96_more-bug-fixes-between-cups-1.2.8-1.2.9 is simply a patch generated with dpatch-edit-patch.04:07
tkamppeterOr do I have to list all patches explicitly also for unapplying (for applying they are in 00list)?04:07
pittitkamppeter: it has some junk in it (*.orig) which might be the reason; or some of the files it touches are modified during build04:07
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdonghmm, where can I find a picture of mako?04:09
jdongI think I walked past him 5 minutes ago, without realizing....04:09
tkamppeterIf CUPS 1.2.9 comes out before release simply lets make an UVF ER, as with this patch we are simply approaching 1.2.9 (all minor releases of CUPS are pue04:09
tkamppeterpure bug fix releases.04:09
tepsipakkijdong: planet.u.c04:10
Spadsjdong: http://mako.cc/images/mako_suit2-small.png04:10
jdonglooks.... strikingly similar04:11
jdongI saw someone looking very similar, but with a longer beard, walking near the Stata center04:11
jdongwith an Asian girl04:11
tkamppeterpitti, can you also upload gutenprint and gs-esp to fix bug 3653204:12
UbugtuMalone bug 36532 in gutenprint ""Unsupported format" when trying to print" [Medium,Fix committed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/3653204:12
pittitkamppeter: can do a bit later; please mail me04:13
Mithrandirjdong: his wife looks Asian, iirc.04:16
jdongaww are you serious?04:17
=== jdong is now known as sore_loser
sore_loserI hate myself04:17
tkamppeterpitti, I have already mailed you.04:19
cjwatsonshe's of Japanese extraction I believe04:19
sore_loserthat's them04:19
=== tupacamaru [n=sabrina@d83-190-8-164.cust.tele2.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sore_loserI suck at life....04:19
pittisore_loser: http://mako.cc/copyrighteous/reflections/20060502-00.html04:19
sore_loseryeah, definitely them04:19
=== infinity2 is now known as infinity
=== pradeep [n=pradeep@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sore_loser is now known as jdong
pitticjwatson: packaging/quick source code review/QA looks good, approved04:25
=== mgalvin [n=mgalvin@ubuntu/member/mgalvin] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonpitti: thanks04:26
nixternalKeybuk: pinging you letting you know that Palmer has issues building. It failed to build kubuntu-docs 7.04-3 and gnome games as well just a few minutes ago04:27
nixternal^^ or anyone else on the BDM04:27
hungerAny fix to cups in the queue yet?04:29
cjwatsonpitti: 15:04  * pitti uploads fixed cupsys package, this time tested04:29
pittihunger: uploaded 30 minutes ago04:29
cjwatsonhunger: ^--04:29
nixternalpitti: you rock!!!04:29
hungerpitti: Wow, you guys are fast! Thanks!04:30
nixternalnow I can print out my midterm cheat sheets :)04:30
pittinixternal: well, I don't; I should have tested the sponsored upload in the first place04:30
nixternalpitti: well I should have done the same the otherday with kubuntu-docs04:30
nixternalthank god they "DIDN'T" overwrite ubuntu-docs :)04:30
jdongnixternal: we got one of those.... it was a mockery.....04:30
jdong"The area of a square with side s is s^2"04:30
jdongthanks a lot.04:30
=== hunger still has a broken cupsys and kubuntu-docs. I guess I'll have to wait a while longer for your uploads to get visible on my mirror.
jdong(it was for a multivariable calculus exam... TA's apparenlty find stuff like this funny)04:32
pittihunger: or dpkg -i the previous version in your apt cache04:32
hungerpitti: Not that much of a problem. I hardly ever print anyway.04:32
nixternalhunger: palmer broke down during the building of the new kubuntu-docs :) so you have to wait even longer for that one04:32
jdongnixternal: actually it saw my xgl upload and went off to clean itself04:33
hungernixternal: Well, who needs docs anyway?04:33
nixternalhey now, don't say that, I spent 5 months rewriting them04:34
=== jdong_ [n=jdong@STRATTON-SEVEN-FIFTY-THREE.MIT.EDU] has joined #ubuntu-devel
hungernixternal: Oh, I'll better shut up then. Maybe I should even read them for a change.04:35
nixternalheh, they aren't good04:36
hungernixternal: What did you do those 5 month then? Stare at the blank screen wondering what to write?;-)04:38
nixternalshh, there are to many *big whigs* in here ;p04:38
=== siretart_ is now known as siretart
jdong_nixternal: excellent use of the word "pervasive" :)04:44
jdong_though I think pervasive availability = ubiquity </pun>04:44
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bdmurray [n=bdmurray@c-24-21-235-175.hsd1.or.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dsas [n=dean@cpc3-stok6-0-0-cust253.bagu.cable.ntl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== yetiman_ [n=yagerp@ip68-12-100-188.ok.ok.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nags_ [n=nags@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dsas [n=dean@cpc3-stok6-0-0-cust253.bagu.cable.ntl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pax [n=pax@pdpc/supporter/student/pax] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== eggauah_ [n=daniel@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
NafalloBenC: thanks :-)05:06
ograpochu, could you please use real adresses in your mails ? "To: undisclosed-recipients : ;" makes my spamfilter unhappy05:06
pochuogra: sorry, but that mail was to about 30 or 40 people... and I'm not happy if then somebody does "reply all" ;)05:07
pochuogra: they were BBC05:07
ograok ...05:07
pittiogra: hm, that's fairly common, though05:07
pittiogra: and I never saw it in actual spam05:07
ograjust dont count on me seeing them then ...05:07
ograpitti, i filter *all* undisclosed-recipients mails to my spam folder, i never saw it in any regular mail 05:08
pochuogra: if had set up a ML, I would have spamed it ;)05:08
ograonly from script mailers yet05:08
pochuif you also05:08
=== cypher1 [n=cypher1@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== johanbr [n=j@JBrannlund.MathStat.Dal.Ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
makojdong: actually, that was me05:13
makojdong: i just walked by the stat center with an asian girl about 2 hours ago05:13
jdongmako!!! :)05:13
jdongmako: I was the nerdy looking asian kid crossing the street in front of stata :)05:13
makojdong: i didn't realize you were local05:13
makoi thought you were in the midwest for some reason05:14
jdongyeah, just got here spring term....05:14
jdongI used to live in Michigan05:14
makojdong: you a student here now?05:14
jdongmako: yeah05:14
makoawesome :)05:14
jdongawesome place :)05:15
makowant to have lunch outside with some media labbers?05:15
iwjBah!  My dom0 still crashes even now I've made the machine have plenty of RAM.05:15
jdongmako: aww already ate lunch, and got a calc exam tomorrow that I'm not ready for... perhaps another time :)05:16
Spadsiwj: all hail Xen, destroyer of nodes05:16
=== LeeJunFan [i=junfan@s64-186-37-120.skycon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdongSpads: isn't that reiser? oh wait not inodes05:16
iwjreiser - destroys more than just inodes.05:16
jdongoh boy, a murder joke05:17
=== jdong braces
=== silwol [n=silwol@teacheradsl241.eduhi.at] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Spadsjdong: it cuts down your btrees too05:17
jdongwe used "he cdr up piece by piece" in scheme class the other day :D05:18
=== TeTeT [n=spindler@modemcable178.77-70-69.static.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Zdra [n=zdra@36.247-242-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== shiyee [n=Shiyee@0x503e778e.abnxx4.adsl-dhcp.tele.dk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== eggauah [n=daniel@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
shawarmaHow many /win 205:20
shawarmaNice one.. 05:21
tkamppeterpitti, I am putting up another cupsys package, 0ubuntu7, to fix bug 92042. Can you upload it. Thanks.05:23
UbugtuMalone bug 92042 in cupsys "cupsys in feisty doesn't put any backends into /usr/lib/cups/backend/" [Medium,Fix committed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/9204205:23
pittitkamppeter: does this also fix the patch?05:23
jwendellpitti, i have a file control.in with this inside: Build-Depends: @cdbs@,...05:23
jwendellpitti, when i run debuild it fails saying there is no control file05:24
tkamppeterYes, I have removed two unneeded .orig files from it.05:24
pittijwendell: that's from the Dark Side of the Force05:24
pittitkamppeter: thanks05:24
jwendellpitti, how to generate control from control.in ?05:24
pittijwendell: look in debian/rules, there ought to be a special target for it05:25
jwendellpitti, there isn't05:25
jwendellpitti, is that?05:26
pittijwendell: please don't enable it05:26
=== spacey [n=herman@ubuntu/member/spacey] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittijwendell: TBH, the cleanest fix would be to just move control.in to control, add the necessary build-deps, and rest in peace05:26
jwendellpitti, ok, thanks :)05:26
pittijwendell: if not, temporarily uncomment that line, clean the package once, and comment it back05:27
ograpitti, isnt that even in the reject faq of debian ... ? i wonder how all these control.in hacks make it into the distro05:27
pittiogra: no idea about the reject faq; however, most Gnome packages have it as well05:28
=== lfittl [n=lfittl@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiogra: it updates the Uploaders: field on build05:28
pittiogra: and having 'debian/rules generate-control' is fine; it's just evil to change it on clean or build IMHO05:29
ograi know what it does ... i got tricked by it often enough :)05:29
=== moox [n=dgo@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mooxhi there. Where are libapache2-mod-php4 for feisty ?05:30
ograpitti, http://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html 05:30
=== mgalvin [n=mgalvin@ubuntu/member/mgalvin] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograbut its about changing build-deps, not maintainers/uploaders05:30
=== malix0 [n=malix@host62-60-static.41-85-b.business.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
malix0hi all05:31
gesermoox: php4 got removed from feisty05:32
=== jdong_ [n=jdong@SIMMONS-SIX-FOURTY-THREE.MIT.EDU] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mooxgeser: mmh... baaad for me05:32
=== jdong_ [n=jdong@SIMMONS-SIX-FOURTY-THREE.MIT.EDU] has left #ubuntu-devel ["FCKGW-RHQQ2-YXRKT-8TG6W-2B7Q8"]
malix0I have recompiled a package (with my patch) and installed it with dpkg, but now apt-get upgrade want upgrade the package with the one on-line, the two packages (the one recompiled from me and the one in the edgy-updates) have the same version05:33
gesermoox: can't you use php5?05:33
=== sacater [n=sacater@host86-137-253-111.range86-137.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
malix0I have tried to use a local repository too, but the package on-line have precedence05:34
malix0did someone can help me, thanks05:35
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
gesermalix0: you can set it to hold or better add an own suffix to your version05:36
malix0geser: how ?05:37
geseradd an own changelog entry05:37
mooxgeser: no, I must use ezpublish (php4 only). I'll install edgy using kvm :)05:37
pittimoox: you so much don't want to install any Ubuntu php4 version05:38
pittimoox: PHP 4 is not supported any more since breezy05:39
malix0geser: with dh_installchangelogs ?05:39
jdongoh look RHEL5 is out.05:39
ogramalix0, update the version in the sourcepackages changelog before building the package 05:40
=== eggauah [n=daniel@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
gesermalix0: no, edit debian/changelog05:40
=== giftnudel [n=mb@p54A92B7C.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mooxpitti: ok. I didn't know..thanx05:43
shawarmaHow many SoC applications did we get last year?05:47
=== moox [n=dgo@] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== cypher1 [n=cypher1@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
malix0geser: ok now I'm rebuilding the package05:48
malix0geser: I change the debin/changelog manually, but is there a tool that I can use for this task?05:49
gesermalix0: dch from the devscripts package05:51
malix0geser: thanks :)05:52
=== cypher1 [n=cypher1@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@32-212.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
malix0geser: excuse me, I have another question05:59
ograseb128, hughsie will care for the sparc fix upstream he said ... (alongside with fixing -Werror)06:00
tkamppeterpitti, ich habe jetzt noch ein neues foo2zjs-Paket zum hochladen fuer dich, fuer bug 92216 (biff)06:00
UbugtuMalone bug 92216 in foo2zjs "File in foo2zjs conflicts with mcompress" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/9221606:00
ograso we just have to wait06:00
malix0geser: this time regarding package repository. I follow the Debian repository how to  and create a repository tree06:00
seb128ogra: k06:00
ograhe said leaving Werror in place was intentional to find build errors :P06:01
malix0geser: but how can I manage the pool tree? Is there a tool?06:01
tkamppeterpitti, but there is one thing which has to be done by a release manager. foo2zjs depends on mscompress now and mscompress is in universe06:01
tkamppeterCan you move mscompress to main?06:01
pittitkamppeter: that requires a main inclusion report and review06:02
=== nags_ is now known as nags
tkamppeterpitti, also needed if it is taken in by a dependency?06:02
pittitkamppeter: yes, of course06:02
pittitkamppeter: urgh, why is that thing necessary? cupsys certainly doesn't need mscompress'ed files?06:03
ograpitti, GDI drivers ? 06:04
=== jammcq [n=jam@] has left #ubuntu-devel []
pittitkamppeter: please mail me for all pending uploads06:08
=== pitti -> dinner, bbl
=== tkjacobsen [n=tkjacobs@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mvopitti: I fixed a bug in the apport integration code, new upload soon06:28
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-66-56.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508DBB9C.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittimvo: great, thanks06:34
mvopitti: thanks for verifiying it06:35
=== mako_ [n=mako@bork.hampshire.edu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tkamppeter [n=till@bl8-112-114.dsl.telepac.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pvanhoof [n=pvanhoof@d54C0EE14.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== wolferine [n=pdeighan@unaffiliated/wolferine] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mako__ [n=mako@bork.hampshire.edu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
wolferine<Seveas> i try to help you, you respond with personal atacks. You get banned. Simple <-- how did I personally attack you?06:43
ograwolferine, please stop spamming all channels06:44
Treenakswolferine: don't take fights from other channels here06:44
=== mc44 [n=mc44@unaffiliated/mc44] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mdke [n=matt@212-139-78-17.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== verwilst [n=verwilst@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Lure [n=lure@clj46-234.dial-up.arnes.si] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pvanhoof [n=pvanhoof@d54C0EE14.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pvanhoof [n=pvanhoof@d54C0EE14.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mako___ [n=mako@bork.hampshire.edu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dr_kabuto [n=franky@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Seveas [n=seveas@ubuntu/member/seveas] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== johanbr [n=j@JBrannlund.MathStat.Dal.Ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mayday_jay [n=jason@gimel.nas.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== MagnusR [n=magru@c83-252-237-96.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mjg59Mithrandir: Are you able to trigger another rebuild of acpid?06:59
=== administrator_ [i=administ@nat/cisco/x-85f4ee88ac0494ea] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@32-212.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== statik_ [n=emurphy@unaffiliated/statik] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== blackskad [n=blackska@latex.ugent.be] has left #ubuntu-devel []
jwendellseb128, we have entire gtk 2.10.10 in feisty, right?07:10
=== jonib1 [n=jonas@ua-83-227-144-18.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128jwendell: we have 2.10.10 patched to work (equivalent of 2.10.11)07:15
seb128jwendell: I did upload it before getting the tab bug fixed07:15
jwendellseb128, right, i guess there was a mistake on 2.10.10 release...07:15
seb128jwendell: they don't roll a new tarball in the next day for nothing ;)07:16
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Toadstoolsmart-notifier (0.28-1ubuntu2) feisty; urgency=low07:19
Toadstool  * debian/smart-notifier.postinst: no need to restart dbus daemon anymore07:19
=== Toadstool hides
=== TeTeT [n=spindler@modemcable178.77-70-69.static.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirmjg59: not when LP is offline, no.  If it ftbfs, I can trigger it when I get home again (I'm on my way out the door)07:22
pochuMithrandir: just the beta is offline (dunno if that helps)07:23
Mithrandirmjg59: it didn't ftbfs, so no, I can't trigger a rebuild.  Just upload a new version.07:24
pittiMithrandir: what would you think about fixing bug 87292 with http://pastebin.ca/394978 ?07:26
UbugtuMalone bug 87292 in python2.5 "packaging backend crashes with "Interrupted system call"" [Medium,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8729207:26
pittiMithrandir: we can fix it in python proper and thus solve the problem for other Python applications as well, or I stuff it in apport to just fix the bug there; the former has the theoretical impact of breaking apps which *expect* EINTR to be thrown from subprocess (although I cannot conceive why someone would want this)07:26
=== nixternal hugs pitti - thanks for fixing cups - cheat sheets gallore
=== mr_pouit [n=mrpouit@ubuntu/member/mrpouit] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mjg59Mithrandir: ? It did ftbfs, surely?07:31
mjg59Or has it been pushed through again since then?07:31
pittiMithrandir: I attached the debdiff to the bug as well07:33
jwendellseb128, can ubuntu backport that patch? (bug 83278)07:34
UbugtuMalone bug 83278 in gtk+2.0 "Phantom space in Notification Area" [Low,Fix committed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8327807:34
asaccdimage.ubuntu.com gives me 23Kb/s :(07:35
seb128jwendell: it was on my list07:36
=== pvanhoof [n=pvanhoof@d54C0EE14.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jwendellseb128, 'was' ?07:37
seb128it was already on my list07:37
=== jwendell hugs seb128 !
=== seb128 hugs jwendell
trycytCan update-alternatives be used to manage symlinks in /usr/lib/cups/backend ?07:38
seb128trycyt: is that required?07:45
seb128trycyt: better to avoid alternatives when they are not really required07:45
=== alex-weej [n=alex@halls-129-31-82-59.hor.ic.ac.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
trycytseb128: I'm making a package in which a CUPS backend has to be determined through a symlink.07:52
dholbachRiddell: when you updated decibel - did you change the packaging to split out different libraries? different library packages?07:53
Riddelldholbach: there is only 1 library, I renamed the binary packages07:54
Riddelldholbach: although I see now I forgot to update the shlibs lines in debian/rules07:54
trycytseb128: So the symlink /usr/lib/cups/backend/smb would point to an alternative spooler besides /usr/bin/smbspool07:54
dholbachRiddell: ok, just wanted to make sure07:54
dholbachRiddell: was the consensus to just upload "that stuff" now?07:55
trycytseb128: And as far as I've seen, alternatives are used liberally in other Debian packages.07:55
Riddelldholbach: from the kubuntu side it was :)07:55
dholbachRiddell: as I said in the thread - we should probably talk about that with the TB - as the TB approved the spec07:56
ajmitcha shame we just missed a TB meeting yesterday 07:57
dholbachRiddell: i really don't want to argue and fight over it07:57
seb128trycyt: yeah, extra complexity create bugs, I just don't like alternatives much because of that07:57
RiddellI'm happy to have tech board consider it07:57
dholbachhi ajmitch07:57
ajmitchhey daniel07:57
dholbachit seems that some people thought that the MC decided something already - which was not the case07:57
dholbachsome people merely expressed concerns07:58
dholbachI wouldn't like to have tension over that topic or block people's work that much.07:58
ajmitchif the MC makes a decision, people won't be happy07:59
ajmitchsame if the KC makes a decision :)07:59
dholbach"we're going to do it anyway" is just not an option08:02
dholbachmight be that the MC was the wrong group to ask and the TB would have been the better place08:03
trycytseb128: Hmm, also, would a package maintainer ever need to add anything in the Depends: line other than ${shlibs:Depends} ?08:03
=== tkjacobsen [n=tkjacobs@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
trycytseb128: According to what I've read it appears as though I wouldn't, but is it just redundant if I include the dependencies anyway?08:03
trycytseb128: Or is it actually necessary?08:03
seb128trycyt: shlibs work for libraries, not for icon theme, other binaries, utils required, etc08:06
tkamppeterpitti, I have done a MainInclusionRequest for mscompress, so the foo2zjs problem can be fixed for the Feisty beta.08:08
tkamppeterpitti, I have also sent mails to you about all needed package updates. There were many today.08:09
trycytseb128: So a program needs it to be compiled, ${shlibs:Depends} would automagically know of which package to use?08:12
=== rexbron [n=rexbron@keele-b240-170.airyork.yorku.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== juell [n=jga@p85.212.17.131.tisdip.tiscali.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pochudo you guys know when we will the first beta candidate? Mithrandir ?08:15
tkamppeterMithrandir, pitti, some minutes ago ESP GhostScript 8.15.4 was announced, the last ESP GhostScript at all (after that ESP GS and GPL GS will merge). This release is a pure bug fix release and most of these fixes are already in our package by means of patches. Should I package 8.15.4 for Feisty (beta)?08:17
dholbachpochu: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/FeistyReleaseSchedule08:18
ajmitchhm, strigi was uploaded?08:20
=== cr3 [n=marc@pdpc/supporter/bronze/cr3] has left #ubuntu-devel []
pochudholbach: there it says when beta will be out, but not the beta candidates (to test them, as Testing/Matrix)08:21
dholbachah ok08:22
pochuthanks anyway :)08:23
dholbachgood night everybody - see you tomorrow08:23
=== Gman [i=gman@nat/sun/x-0ac51db3c5c3eeea] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jonib1 [n=jonas@ua-83-227-144-18.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== tokj [n=tokj@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzpochu: not until the freeze begins, at the earliest08:29
=== statik [n=emurphy@unaffiliated/statik] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pochumdz: ok, ty08:29
pochumdz: the freeze is tonight, isn't it? :)08:30
=== TerminX [i=ea6c330a@adsl-68-121-166-123.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cypherbios [n=cypher@ubuntu/member/cypherbios] has joined #ubuntu-devel
trycytSo does update-alternatives not work with anything outside of /usr/bin? As in, can I do something like sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/cups/backend/mytest mytest /usr/bin/myprogram 50 ?08:41
trycytIt doesn't seem to be working for whatever reason.08:41
=== Smoke2k [n=Cary@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== evo_ [n=evo@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== twilight [n=twilight@ubuntu/member/twilight] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Treenakstrycyt: works fine for /usr/share (ls -l /etc/alternatives)08:44
evo_is there a way to see a list of projects ubuntu is looking to find developers for?08:44
=== dfarning [n=dfarning@s3-165.rb2.lax.centurytel.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Treenaksevo_: do you mean http://www.ubuntu.com/employment or https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+specs?08:45
trycytTreenaks: It seems to generate a broken symlink for me.08:45
evo_Treenaks: more like package maintainer stuff08:46
Treenaksevo_: ah.. wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU ?08:47
=== RadiantFire [n=ryan@c-69-180-43-27.hsd1.ga.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
evo_that looks like the one, thanks!08:47
=== carlos [n=carlos@163.pool85-48-166.static.orange.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sacater [n=sacater@host86-137-253-111.range86-137.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== shiyee_ [n=Shiyee@0x503e778e.abnxx4.adsl-dhcp.tele.dk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tokj [n=tokj@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== firephoto [n=tom@pool-71-115-214-25.spknwa.dsl-w.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Lure [n=lure@clj46-234.dial-up.arnes.si] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== TheMuso [n=luke@ubuntu/member/themuso] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== illovae [n=illovae@unaffiliated/illovae] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lfittl [n=lfittl@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== brottman [n=brianr@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128trycyt: shlibs will list all the libs your program is using09:30
=== eggauah [n=daniel@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograseb128, ogra@edubuntu:~/packages/ltspfs-0.4.3$ yelp 09:49
ograSegmentation fault (core dumped)09:49
ograthats 2.1809:49
seb128ogra: what libgnomevfs2-0 version?09:50
ograthe last 2.17 ... 09:50
ograshouldnt there be a versioned dep ? 09:50
mjg59And license their cores09:50
=== ogra upgrades libgnomevfs2-0
seb128ogra: could you get the exact version you are using?09:51
seb128ogra: 2.18.0 is buggy, 2.17 is not09:51
seb128you want
seb128it fixes the yelp crasher and has been uploaded yesterday09:51
ograyep, just getting 09:52
=== j1mc is now known as Admiral_Planet_E
ograi havnet seen the edubuntu docs yet, i was already worried they cause a crash :)09:52
=== Admiral_Planet_E is now known as Admiral_Earth
=== Admiral_Earth is now known as j1mc
Mithrandirmjg59: I gave it back after pitti uploaded the pkgmaintainermangler fix the other day.09:54
Mithrandirtkamppeter: can you give me a debdiff and a list of the bugs in LP it fixes?09:54
=== _TomB [n=tomb@host217-44-150-4.range217-44.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mjg59Mithrandir: Ah, excellent. No worries, then.09:57
Mithrandirhappy to help. :-)09:57
=== Zdra_ [n=zdra@49.253-242-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
imbrandonMithrandir, hum is there a reason mod-mono still hasent built yet ?10:00
=== Zdra_ [n=zdra@49.253-242-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirimbrandon: it's still in the queue, since I'm a slacker.10:01
imbrandonahh ok , no worries, just was asking someone to test and it wasent there 10:01
=== Gwaihir [n=Gwaihir@ubuntu/member/gwaihir] has joined #ubuntu-devel
imbrandonthought something might have went wrong10:01
Mithrandirimbrandon: can you set the bug to fix committed?  It should be referenced in the changelog.10:02
Mithrandirok, accepted.10:03
imbrandonyou rock10:03
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@lambda.chem.unr.edu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirit just didn't make this cycle, so it'll be published in about 1.5 hours, then built in the next cycle, so the binaries should be around a little before midnight UTC, I think.10:04
imbrandonMithrandir, k, thanks10:04
=== glatzor [n=sebi@p57AEDE34.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Gwaihircan somebody help me with a package-find issue? or at least tell me where can I ask...10:06
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508DBB9C.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
GwaihirI'm looking for the desktop-effects package... to translate it...10:07
pochuGwaihir: have you tried in Launchpad?10:08
Gwaihirnope... I'll try... thx10:08
=== beuno [n=martin@68-155-114-200.fibertel.com.ar] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== okaratas [n=ozgurk@fsf/member/okaratas] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== PuMpErNiCkLe [n=pumperni@about/essy/bacon/PuMpErNiCkLe] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograyay GNOME 2.18 released \Q/10:38
jdongyay are there any buttons left on the print dialog?10:43
=== jdong ducks
=== sistpoty [n=sistpoty@ubuntu/member/sistpoty] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128jdong: what do you mean?10:46
jdongit seems like printer options tend to disappear from GNOME over time :)10:46
tepsipakkithe new dialog is nice10:47
seb128the new GTK+ API should have most of useful options10:47
jdonglike what's the justification for not presenting printer options to the user at print-time?10:47
tepsipakkiif only OO.org used it10:47
seb128what dialog are you speaking about?10:47
seb128libgnomeprintui is crap10:47
jdongseb128: i.e. epiphany's Print dialog10:47
seb128the new GTK dialog should be fine10:47
jdongok, haven't tried the new one yet10:47
seb128what option do you lack? margin?10:47
jdongseb128: print quality10:47
seb128epiphany uses GtkPrint10:47
jdongseb128: I have a photo printer, and that setting makes a huge difference between ink used and outpt quality10:48
Fujitsujdong: Print quality is the big one I miss.10:48
seb128do you have an advanced teb?10:48
jdongseb128: the option is availabe from the cups manager thing10:48
jdongseb128: but lacking in any print dialogs... I know Edgy didn't have any advanced tabs10:48
seb128maybe it depends on your printer10:48
FujitsuIt's certainly not there in Feisty.10:48
=== jdong hcecks
seb128epiphany has an advanced tab with a "print mode" and a "resolution, quality, ink type, media" option10:49
jdongno, not in Feisty either10:49
jdonghow do you get all those options?10:49
seb128I don't have them when printing to a file10:49
seb128using a printer I've them though10:49
jdongmaybe that's different in Feisty then10:50
=== styx|- [n=kvirc@p57A4B588.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdongthat'd be a great improvement10:50
jdongand I just noticed that Feisty allows custom print commands10:50
jdongwhich is wonderful...10:50
seb128jdong: now is a good time to try feisty rather than describing edgy bug10:50
jdongall our campus printers are lpr/kerberos10:50
jdongseb128: since coming to college I don't have access to my photo printer anymore10:51
seb128jdong: that's not a design decision, works fine with my deskjet printer, feel free to open a bug, it's either due to cupsys or gtk10:53
jdongok, thanks10:53
=== tkamppeter [n=till@bl8-119-31.dsl.telepac.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128jdong: np10:54
jdongseb128: btw did you ever figure out what's the deal with that fglrx compiz patch?10:54
seb128it's on my list of things to do, I've been busy with GNOME 2.18.0, I'll probably upload that tomorrow10:54
jdongdon't work too hard :)10:55
=== phoenix24 [i=pulbp@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pitti [n=pitti@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lukaswayne9 [n=lukas@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lukaswayne9 [n=lukas@c-68-84-69-12.hsd1.nj.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Robot101 [n=robot101@light.bluelinux.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== RadiantFire [n=ryan@c-69-180-43-27.hsd1.ga.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j1mc [n=jcampbel@] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== PuMpErNiCkLe [n=pumperni@about/essy/bacon/PuMpErNiCkLe] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdong_ [n=jdong@SIMMONS-SIX-FOURTY-THREE.MIT.EDU] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiMithrandir: still awake?11:16
tkamppeterMithrandir, I am creating the new ESP GS package now and will send you an UVF ER mail with debdiff and upstream ChangeLog when done.11:22
=== sharms [n=sharms@ubuntu/member/sharms] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Carrus85 is now known as c85away
=== c85away is now known as carrus85
=== alpha2424_ [i=jcke@s15209521.onlinehome-server.info] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== LeeJunFan [i=junfan@s64-186-37-120.skycon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== twilight [n=twilight@ubuntu/member/twilight] has left #ubuntu-devel []
tkamppeterAnyone still awake who can approve a UVF ER?11:35
=== mr_pouit [n=mrpouit@ubuntu/member/mrpouit] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sistpotytkamppeter: does it still have the x/nox split, as I'm just gathering a few possible breakages on bug #83597 (not that I could approve an UVFe though)11:37
UbugtuMalone bug 83597 in kdegraphics "Unknown device: x11alpha " [Medium,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8359711:37
=== alex-weej_ [n=alex@halls-129-31-82-59.hor.ic.ac.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mpt [n=mpt@121-72-133-166.dsl.telstraclear.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mr_pouit [n=mrpouit@ubuntu/member/mrpouit] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508DBB9C.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== johanbr [n=j@blk-137-114-65.eastlink.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tkamppetersistpoty, it has the split, and the split will stay, as it is a feature to reduce the installed size of servers.11:51
sistpotytkamppeter: sure, makes sense11:53
=== mat [n=mat@igoan/mat] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mjg59slomo_: Any chance I can convince you that Liferea 1.2.8 is a good plan?12:03
mjg59slomo_: Significant performance improvements, no other changes12:03
=== ogra gets bombed with session recovery dialog from FF
jdongogra: now you know how Congress feels after summer recess.12:10

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!