ScottKBug #80287 has a fix ready for upload if anyone from UUS is there.  It's a hack, but it works and time is short...12:25
ubotuMalone bug 80287 in pysol "Doesn't start in feisty" [Medium,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8028712:25
ScottKAnd I did do the good citizenship bit and file a bug against Python.  See Bug #104971 for details.12:26
ubotuMalone bug 104971 in python-defaults "Python path appears to be not fully searched - intermittent" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10497112:26
=== madc [n=d@adsl-241-73-94.msy.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsunLOCK 8028712:36
ajmitchshawarma: crimsun is marking out his territory on bugs12:36
shawarmaajmitch: Eh... ok..12:38
=== ScottK thinks it's a good idea.
crimsunuploaded, UNLOCK 8028712:39
ScottKcrimsun: Thanks.  The update for bug #104817 that you uploaded earlier today still hasn't shown up.  Is that normal for the current state of the queue?12:41
ubotuMalone bug 104817 in pop-before-smtp "Feisty pop-before-smtp depends on Exim, not Postfix" [Wishlist,Fix committed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10481712:41
crimsunScottK: I haven't received an ACCEPT for it yet. Everything (the archive) is in manual mode.12:41
ScottKcrimsun: Thanks.  I won't panic then.12:41
crimsunI think it's a bank holiday in many EU countries, so most of the work done today is likely off the clock.12:42
ScottKThanks.  Didn't know that.12:43
shawarmaIt's not in the US?12:48
ajmitchshawarma: I don't think any archive admins are in the US12:48
shawarmaajmitch: True, but isn't today a bank holiday outside Europe?12:49
shawarmaajmitch: Where today is yesterday in your world.12:49
shawarmaajmitch: Monday.12:49
ajmitchfairly likely, but that depends on the country12:49
ajmitchit is in NZ12:50
shawarmaajmitch: Indeed. That's why I specifically asked about the US. :-)12:50
ScottKEaster Monday is not a holiday in the US.  Our kids have it off from school, but not us adults.12:50
shawarmaScottK: Hm.. Interesting.12:50
jdongScottK: we didn't get any days off for easter12:57
ajmitchnot even friday?12:57
jdongScottK: because we are being forced to work our butts off :)12:57
jdongnot a day.12:57
=== ajmitch got good friday & easter monday off
=== ScottK is a consultant, so the whole concept of days off is pretty meaningless. It's about hours billed or not no matter the day.
=== ajmitch is a mere coding peon
joejaxxhow much space is required to be an archive mirror?12:59
ajmitchI can't say how much for a full archive12:59
shawarmaIf you have to ask, you don't have enough. :-D01:01
shawarmaNot entirely true, but close.01:02
=== ajmitch probably has enough space, but not enough bandwidth
=== schultmc_ [n=schultmc@c-68-58-138-203.hsd1.in.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== predius_ [n=predius@predius.org] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== rrittenhouse [n=tad@unaffiliated/rrittenhouse] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== reggaemanu [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-61-198.w81-53.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jml [n=jml@220-253-100-63.TAS.netspace.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== CarlFK [n=carl@c-24-13-53-221.hsd1.il.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fowlduck [n=nate@24-183-45-79.dhcp.mdsn.wi.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jrib [n=jrib@upstream/dev/jrib] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dcsmith [n=dcsmith@ool-4351bc6d.dyn.optonline.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dcsmithI have a question about evolution plugins?02:56
dcsmithI found an extra one redhat ships02:56
dcsmithpatched it so it will compile, and would like to get it in universe?02:56
micahcowanIf I have submitted a patch for a bug, should I tag that bug with something? (I'm not expecting to get it in for feisty)02:59
=== jrib [n=jrib@upstream/dev/jrib] has joined #ubuntu-motu
welshbytemicahcowan: no you just need to subscribe the appropriate sponsor group e.g. ubuntu-universe-sponsors03:02
ajmitchdcsmith: probably a good idea to look at both the packaging guide, and other evolution plugins to see how they're built03:02
=== freeflying [i=root@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Jucato [n=jucato@ubuntu/member/Jucato] has joined #ubuntu-motu
micahcowanwelshbyte, thanks. :)03:04
dcsmithajmitch: well there's a evolution-plugins-experimental, but I can't find the maintainer on launchpad, Ideally shouldn't it go in there?03:06
=== DarkMageZ [n=richard@ppp252-101.lns3.syd6.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@16-145.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zul [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mgalvin [n=mgalvin@ubuntu/member/mgalvin] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jdongbug 4593003:32
ubotuMalone bug 45930 in joystick "jstest SEGFAULTs with usb joystick" [Medium,In progress]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/4593003:32
jdongare non-critical bugs not candidate for SRU?03:32
jdongmoreover... "However, the version that has been released for edgy work as-is on Dapper; simply downloading that package and installing it via "dpkg -i <package.deb>" should work fine. I'd recommend suggesting that to any who would like the fix on their Dapper systems."03:34
jdongis that really advice we should be giving users? ;-)03:34
=== curado [n=curado@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@c-71-224-172-103.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Jucatohi bddebian03:50
bddebianHeya Jucato03:50
=== Jucato is 9 minutes late :P
jdongJucato: that's better than Debian03:52
jdonghehe joking :)03:52
bddebiandoh, ouch03:53
jdongha I meant it amicably, I do love Debian and have nothing against its release cycle :)03:54
Jucato2-3 year release cylce?03:55
jdongit's the best they can do given the goals that they have03:56
jdongif we tried to erradicate all universe bugs before release....03:56
=== _eth0_ [n=eduardo@CAcert-br/eth0] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== _czessi [n=Czessi@dslb-088-073-062-048.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ivoks_ [n=ivoks@1-0.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
joejaxxHobbsee: !04:01
nixternalyou got suckered by irssi04:02
nixternalI almost did as well04:02
joejaxxh<tab>! :)04:02
Hobbseehey nixternal, joejaxx!04:03
Jucatohi nixternal04:04
Hobbseehey bddebian104:04
joejaxxthat makes us all look like a botnet04:04
Jucatoor makes bddebian look like a bot :)04:05
joejaxxyeah that too :P04:05
bddebianNah not a bot, just a schlub :-(04:05
nixternalstop making the popups!!!04:05
jmgschlub also shlub (shl.b) pronunciation or zhlub (zhl.b)04:06
jmgn. Slang.04:06
jmgA person regarded as clumsy, stupid, or unattractive.04:06
nixternalthat is me!04:06
Jucatonixternal: what popups?04:07
=== czessi_ [n=Czessi@dslb-088-073-062-048.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchah, good to see that there's crack floating around for the development branch of compiz04:28
jmgajmitch: url?04:34
ajmitchforums, somewhere04:34
=== reggaemanu [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-61-198.w81-53.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== did447 [n=didier@mon75-2-81-57-110-167.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
joejaxxanyone here work with reprepro for local repositories?04:50
bddebianI set it up once04:50
=== superm1 [n=supermar@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #ubuntu-motu
joejaxxbddebian: do you know if there is a way to have to only keep the newest version of packages?04:51
bddebianI thought it always overwrote with the newest? Hmm04:51
joejaxxit keepest older ones for me04:52
joejaxxwhich is bad in my case04:52
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/Amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsunnice, gnome 2.18.1 trickling in04:58
ajmitchmust be about release time05:00
=== asantoni [n=alb@bas7-london14-1177945664.dsl.bell.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
joejaxxwe hit almost 11k downloads on softpedia05:06
=== cypher1 [i=cypher1@nat/hp/x-d9f5a21f2b0de24b] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchwhite: that sucks05:08
jmg15:17 < ajmitch> white: that sucks05:13
ajmitchhe'll understand05:15
=== MatthewV [n=MatthewV@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== superm1 [n=supermar@ubuntu/member/superm1] has left #ubuntu-motu []
ajmitchjmg: it was in reply to a mailing list post of his05:27
jmgajmitch: ok05:28
=== superm1 [n=superm1@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hobbsee_ [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== _czessi [n=Czessi@dslb-088-073-004-108.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
tonyyarussogeser: With regards to https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wordpress/+bug/104944, Dapper has 2.0.2 (not listed as vulnerable), but dapper-backports has 2.1.2 (the one listed by Secunia).  If you do get around to this security update, it would go to -backports, if you hadn't noticed that already.05:36
ubotuMalone bug 104944 in wordpress "WordPress Post_ID Parameter SQL Injection Vulnerability" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  05:36
Joe_CoTi'm getting a weird error from pbuilder. I added libopenal-dev as a builld-depend, and i keep getting a " Couldn't find package libopenal-dev" error05:36
tonyyarussoMez: You may also be interested in the above ^^05:37
=== kunwon1 [n=kunwon1@unaffiliated/kunwon1] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== DarkMageZ_ [n=richard@ppp4-174.lns1.syd7.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== micahcowan [n=micah@adsl-76-203-174-94.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jml [n=jml@ppp108-61.static.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Ademan [n=dan@h-69-3-238-154.snfccasy.dynamic.covad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@cs27009116.pp.htv.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Ademananyone know why kicad isn't packaged?07:05
micahcowan!info kicad07:06
ubotuPackage kicad does not exist in edgy, edgy-backports, edgy-seveas07:06
micahcowanAdeman, it's in feisty :)07:07
=== RAOF [n=chris@60-242-199-65.tpgi.com.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Ademan10 more days...07:07
micahcowanubotu, info kicad feisty07:07
ubotukicad: Electronic schematic and PCB design software. In component universe, is optional. Version 0.0.20060829-1 (feisty), package size 2117 kB, installed size 5808 kB07:07
Ademani've had a sudden interest in electronic engineering, and i've been reading up, and i noticed it wasn't in the repos07:08
Ademanbut very good, happy to hear that07:09
FlannelAdeman: there are others currently in it, electric, oregano, qucs, xcircuit, etc07:10
Ademanyeah, i had just heard good things about kicad07:11
=== harrisony [n=Harrison@unaffiliated/harrisony] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@133.8.100-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== vil [n=vladimir@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== RAOF [n=chris@60-242-199-65.tpgi.com.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== azeem_ [n=mbanck@ppp-88-217-45-35.dynamic.mnet-online.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Tonio__ [n=tonio@216.8.100-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFmushi mushi!08:04
=== doko [n=doko@dslb-088-073-088-011.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Jucatoano ne?08:07
=== RAOF wonders whether or not that's j
RAOFJapaneese.  "mushi mushi" is the limit of his :)08:08
Jucatoit's the traditional response to moshi moshi :)08:09
joejaxxhello imbrandon 08:19
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@cs27009116.pp.htv.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-188-131.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== vil [n=lada@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-10-204.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== pwuertz_ [n=pwuertz@dslb-084-058-033-234.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== surge [n=highvolt@dsl-240-91-192.telkomadsl.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Jucato [n=jucato@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== IanC [n=IanC@WNPP-p-203-54-28-47.prem.tmns.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== highvoltage too
=== Tonio__ [n=tonio@216.8.100-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C4A53D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== allee [n=ach@allee.mpe.mpg.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i59F7467A.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Tonio__ [n=tonio@216.8.100-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachgood morning09:25
RAOFGood evening :)09:26
imbrandonheya dholbach 09:26
dholbachhey RAOF09:26
StevenKRAOF: It's still afternoon!09:26
=== RAOF calls 5:30pm early evening.
RAOFIs there an ISO standard evening transition? :)09:26
Hobbseehi dholbach 09:27
dholbachheya Hobbsee09:27
RAOFHey Hobbsee :)09:27
Hobbseehi RAOF!09:29
=== freeflyi1g [i=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFOh, that reminds me.  What do we have to do to get democracyplayer removed from the archives09:30
Hobbseefile a removal request09:31
Hobbseesubscribe ubuntu-archive09:31
RAOFWell, if no one else wants to touch it, we probably should do that.  It's just broken, and I don't think I can fix it.09:31
Joe_CoTstill trying to get the hang of this. How does one make the symlink from the binary in /usr/lib to /usr/bin ? is that done in rules, or postinst, or am i just wrong? :)09:33
StevenKWhy are you installing user binary into /usr/lib?09:35
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@cs27009116.pp.htv.fi] has left #ubuntu-motu []
Joe_CoTwell, not directly into /usr/lib. I'm packaging the engine for World of Padman. I have it install as /usr/lib/wop/wop-engine09:38
superm1RAOF, i haven't followed this democracy mess thats going on, but why are we still on an older version in feisty right now?  a functional deb of the newer version is available on the democracy website09:41
RAOFsuperm1: Functional in what way?  It (1) fails to install on Feisty, and (2) Segfaults if you try anyway.09:41
superm1RAOF, ah indeed -  just tried it.  spoke a little too soon :)09:42
RAOFI *think* the segfault may be due to trying to load the wrong libgtkembedmoz.so, but I don't really know how to fix that.09:42
Joe_CoTStevenK: nvm. I took a look at the way Tremulous does it09:42
StevenKRAOF: Which makes it a linking problem09:43
RAOFYeah, it's trying to use mozilla-dev (why do packages refuse to link to versioned .so files?)09:43
RAOFWhich no longer exists :)09:43
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFActually, a quick strace suggests otherwise.  Why is libpython2.5 being loaded?09:45
RAOF(democracyplayer is built against python2.4, and has the appropriate shebang)09:46
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/Amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFOh, that's more interesting.  Why does libboost-python only exist for python2.5 ?09:50
RAOFYo, Amaranth, python god that you are.09:50
HobbseeRAOF: because it's borken.09:50
RAOFOk.  So, in summary.  Democracyplayer will only work correctly on python2.4 (without a whole lot of futzing around)09:51
RAOFdemocracyplayer is dependent on libboost-python, which is only available for python2.509:51
Hobbseewhat happens if libboost-python isnt installed?09:52
=== RAOF goes to work out how to file a removal request :(
RAOFAn interesting question.09:52
HobbseeRAOF: file a bug, say if it has any rdpeneds or not, subscribe u-a (and u-u-s, as you're not a MOTU, last i knew)09:53
RAOFYup, still not a MOTU :)09:53
superm1RAOF, do you know off hand if the newer version (0.9.5) still needs to work against python 2.4?09:54
superm1there is the possibility of a uvfe if it works against python 2.5 with minimal source changes09:54
=== ajmitch needs food or something
RAOFsuperm1: That's what I've tried now.09:54
superm1oh okay09:55
RAOFsuperm1: It doesn't build correctly against python2.5.  Apparently it needs a newer python-pyrex, with an additional patch against that.09:55
superm1so a step ahead of me, as i was just starting to attempt to assembled a deb of 0.9.509:55
RAOFsuperm1: I've already tried, with  Including the "don't use non-public DBUS api patch" :)09:55
superm1didn't see that patch?09:56
=== superm1 corrects himself. RAOF is many steps ahead :)
RAOFIt's on trac.  That's where I got the "needs new pyrex" info.09:57
superm1the only rdepend on python-pyrex is penguintv09:58
superm1wonder if a uvf for it for the purpose of democracy player functionality would be possible then09:58
RAOFI suppose I could *try* that.09:59
joejaxxhow are arches in ports.ubuntu.com proposed?09:59
StevenKRAOF: I'd suggest you talk to Mithrandir about it.09:59
RAOFI might just check whether a new pyrex *actually* fixes it, first.10:00
superm1StevenK, before even talking to Mithrandir, make sure it actually works :10:00
superm1most likely10:00
superm1oh ^^ :)10:00
RAOFAlso, this is much more work than I was planning to spend on a package I don't even use :)10:00
StevenKAnd RAOF beats you again. :-P10:00
superm1man i'm just not on my game tonite.  must be 3 in the morning when I should have gone to bed hours ago :)10:01
=== RAOF goes and checks pacakges.debian.org for a new pyrex
RAOF...and prunes some more dups of the one true bug while debian is being slow10:03
Hobbseehi \sh 10:05
HobbseeRAOF: heh.  i keep doing that10:05
=== davromaniak [n=cyril@AFontenayssB-152-1-6-73.w82-121.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
superm1you'd think there was some new debian release with how slow their servers were though. hehe10:07
joejaxxthere is10:08
joejaxxwe released etch on sunday lol10:08
superm1joejaxx, yea i know :)10:08
joejaxxdoes anyone know why amd64 is in archive.u.c and ports.u.c?10:10
=== RAOF gets out and pushes packages.debian.org to see if he can get it to start.
=== cypher1 [i=cypher1@nat/hp/x-878f0d1dd980d3f6] has joined #ubuntu-motu
superm1RAOF, since packages.debian.org timed out, i looked here: http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/pyrex.html10:12
ScottKRAOF: It's slow, but running.10:12
superm1looks like is the latest for them10:12
superm1which is the same as what we have10:12
RAOFOh, and the bug references 0.9.5 :(10:12
RAOFSo, who thinks it's a good idea for me to try and build a new upstream-version pyrex package?10:14
RAOFOh, and add what seems to be an obviously incorrect patch to it >:-|10:16
superm1worst that could happen is that you lose a few cpu cycles in a pbuilder10:16
RAOFWell, and some time :P10:16
\shdear motu-uvf team, please review https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wine/+bug/105054 and approve..will fix https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wine/+bug/104964 and hopefully some other bugs10:18
ubotuMalone bug 105054 in wine "[UVF Execption Report]  wine 0.9.34-0ubuntu1" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  10:18
cypher1is 915resolution package only useful along with X ?10:19
RAOFIs anyone in here familiar with python2.5's C extension API?  I'd like to fix this patch up properly.10:20
=== dholbach_ [n=daniel@i59F74CA7.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
joejaxxgreat 10:24
=== joejaxx just finished reading https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/OpenWeek-Ports
joejaxxhello dholbach_ 10:24
=== TheMuso [n=luke@ubuntu/member/themuso] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachhey joejaxx10:25
gnomefreakgood morning 10:35
joejaxxGood Morning gnomefreak :)10:35
joejaxxdo anyone know if there is a list of packages that do not have the ubuntu# modification?10:36
StevenKYes. In the packages file.10:37
joejaxxwell i was actually talking about a launchpad-like-readable list10:39
joejaxxbut i guess i can create a little script to do it10:39
=== joejaxx goes to code
StevenKsteven@liquified:~% zcat m-l/dists/edgy/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz | grep-dctrl -sPackage -FVersion -v 'ubuntu' | wc -l10:40
=== Tonio__ [n=tonio@216.8.100-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKA little script? It's one line!10:40
joejaxxthat only counts lines10:40
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@a88-114-229-220.elisa-laajakaista.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoStevenK: What about rebuilds? :p10:41
joejaxxthat too lol10:41
joejaxxthat was my main concern10:41
StevenKTheMuso: They don't have Ubuntu specific changes10:41
TheMusoStevenK: I know that.10:41
StevenKjoejaxx: So take out the wc -l, duh10:42
joejaxxStevenK: :P i know i was only being funny :P10:42
=== StevenK waits for joejaxx to say "I can't find the file m-l/dists/edgy/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz, either"
joejaxxmaybe if i was up a couple more days10:42
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@host-213-189-171-21.brutele.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
joejaxxStevenK: the reason i was going to script it is because it is going to be a part of a large script10:44
StevenKTo do what?10:44
joejaxxi need to rebuild all the packages that do not have a ubuntu modification10:44
joejaxxwell probably just main first10:45
joejaxxyeah just main10:45
=== joejaxx is going to be working on a secret port after april/may :P
ajmitchthat's very community-oriented :P10:46
StevenK"I want your help. Oh no, I can't tell you what I'm doing or why you're helping."10:46
joejaxxStevenK: haha :P10:46
=== StevenK stops helping.
TheMusojoejaxx: Dude, if you tell us, maybe some of us might be able to pitch in with hardware.10:47
TheMusoTo at least help you get going.10:47
joejaxxStevenK: oh yes i will be sending out black box computers with everything unbranded 10:47
joejaxxStevenK: LOL10:47
joejaxxTheMuso: well i did not want to announce it yet as may is not here yet :\10:47
imbrandonyaubuntu ?10:48
joejaxxno not another distro :P10:48
imbrandonlike yast, yet another system tool10:49
StevenKIf it isn't another distro, then why rebuild everything?10:50
=== TheMuso ponders how to fix a package that build-depends on itself, but didn't build in the DC because a previous binary version of that package was unavailable, with the problem existing only on one arch.
lupine_85new architecture?10:51
joejaxxStevenK: i said port not distro :P10:51
StevenKTheMuso: It needs to be manually bootstrapped.10:51
imbrandonTheMuso, bootstrap ?10:51
TheMusoStevenK: Um ok. What does that involve?10:51
imbrandongetting an sysadmin to install it on the buildd chroot and make a package manualy to use to build the new one10:52
imbrandonchicken and the egg10:52
TheMusoBut if there is no previous binary available for that arch, i.e no binary package, how could that possibly be done then?10:53
imbrandone.g. compile it manualy from source on the buildd chroot10:54
TheMusoBut it needs itself to compile the compiler.10:54
=== TheMuso checks to be sure.
imbrandonthere is a binary SOMEWHERE rigth ?10:54
TheMusoimbrandon: Dunno. Going to have a look.10:54
=== jml [n=jml@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoNope. No deb for that arch since Warty, but Debian has a deb. SO I guess the admin would have to use that as a base.11:00
imbrandonor a binary from upstream11:00
TheMusoI guess its not worth worrying about till Feisty+1 though really.11:00
TheMusoFor that complex a job.11:01
=== gismo [n=stef@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@35-241.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bersace [n=bersace@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoIs it just me, or were UVF requests not filed for previous merge/syncs that were listed on the universe sponsors mailing list, or am I not understanding part of the UVF procedure correctly?11:19
geserhave you an example?11:23
=== iceman [n=iceman@cable-87-244-154-165.upc.chello.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusogeser: tripwire, transcriber, timidity to name a few.11:24
geserthat were only new debian revisions not new upstream versions11:26
TheMusoAh ok.11:26
TheMusoSo that doesn't count as upstream then... Ok.11:27
=== julia123456 [n=opera@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== TheMuso tries to find where that is documented.
StevenKUpstream is just upstream. Debian doesn't count as upstream11:28
geserit's only tricky with native packages (where upstream = Debian)11:30
TheMusoJust found the docs on the wiki in MOTU. I am wondering whether that should be stated a little more clearly.11:31
imbrandonseems pretty clear to me, debian is not one that changes upstream version numbers11:32
imbrandononly revisions11:32
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C4A53D.access.telenet.be] has left #ubuntu-motu []
TheMusoYeah I know tha.11:32
TheMusoWe go into hard freeze for MOTU this week don't we?11:33
geserafaik April 12th11:34
TheMusoYeah this Thursday.11:34
=== TheMuso has his mind on the move next week, so is not entirely with it. :p
imbrandonmoving ?11:36
TheMusoimbrandon: Moving house, yes.11:36
=== slomo [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== PhinnFort [n=martin@unaffiliated/phinnfort] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-motu
PhinnFortok, can someone try to install xfsprogs and run xfs_check?11:53
PhinnFortjust run it against any filesystem, it should fail to start11:53
=== DarkSun88 [n=Ma@unaffiliated/darksun88] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== danohuiginn [n=ant@p54bed59a.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== gismo [n=stef@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== chaks [n=chaks@yoper/team/Chaks] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Tonio__ [n=tonio@114.8.100-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== PhinnFort [n=martin@unaffiliated/phinnfort] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== did447 [n=didier@mon75-2-81-57-110-167.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== did447 [n=didier@mon75-2-81-57-110-167.fbx.proxad.net] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== chaks [n=chaks@yoper/team/Chaks] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Leaving"]
=== danohuiginn [n=ant@p54bed59a.dip.t-dialin.net] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== Tonio__ [n=tonio@251.8.100-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== davromaniak [n=cyril@AFontenayssB-152-1-6-73.w82-121.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFWhy isn't dh_pycentral providing a {$python:Provides} substitution, like the manpage says it should?01:19
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C4A53D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
gpocentekRAOF: ${python:Provides}, not {$python:Provides}01:26
=== Sp4rKy [n=Sp4rKy@ubuntu/member/sp4rky] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== RAOF reads more carefully!
=== jekil [n=alessand@host172-62-dynamic.56-82-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zul [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== davromaniak_ [n=cyril@AFontenayssB-152-1-60-168.w82-121.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mgalvin [n=mgalvin@ubuntu/member/mgalvin] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== davromaniak_ is now known as davromaniak
=== esaym [n=user@cpe-72-183-202-162.satx.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== julia123456 [n=opera@] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== EtienneG [n=etienne@ubuntu/member/EtienneG] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFOk, so democracyplayer now, as long as I preload a couple of libraries, doesn't segfault.  Huzzah.01:51
HobbseeRAOF: yay!01:51
RAOFOh, did I mention that it doesn't download anything?01:51
=== ubotu [n=ubotu@ubuntu/bot/ubotu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseeit did before?01:51
RAOFWell, it should.01:52
RAOFOtherwise it is totally useless.01:52
RAOFBut at least it doesn't segfault.01:52
=== stgraber [n=stgraber@ubuntu/member/stgraber] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseethat's a start, at least01:52
RAOFYes.  Now, to either (1) work out how other things link to firefox, and why the database module isn't getting linked to libpython or (2) go to bed.01:53
RAOFI'm going with (2)01:53
Hobbseedid you update it to the latest version?01:54
Hobbseeright, so it'll need a UVFe01:54
RAOFOnly once it actually *does* something.01:54
RAOFOoooh, I probably know why the download doesn't work.01:54
Hobbseeit's not bedtime yet, anyway01:55
=== DarkMageZ_ [n=richard@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C4A53D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== finalbeta [n=finalbet@d54C689F7.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bigon [i=bigon@imladris.bigon.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@51.8.100-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFHuzzah.  It even downloads!02:07
=== Mez [n=Mez@ubuntu/member/mez] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== RedKrieg [n=RedKrieg@ip68-230-209-186.rd.hr.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== TLE [n=kenneth@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bluefoxicy [n=bluefox@c-68-33-112-13.hsd1.md.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mgalvin [n=mgalvin@ubuntu/member/mgalvin] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Tonio__ [n=tonio@51.8.100-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/Amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zul__ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Ademan [n=dan@h-69-3-238-154.snfccasy.dynamic.covad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== _MMA_ [n=mma@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFOk, so now I need to (1) learn how to make democracyplayer's database extension module *really* link to libpython, and (2) learn how to make the Mozilla extension module link to libgtkembedmoz.so02:26
RAOFAmaranth: Extension modules *should* be linked against libpython, right?02:27
=== iceman is away: shopping
TheMusoiceman: Please turn off away notifications.02:42
Hobbsee!away 02:42
Hobbsee!away | iceman 02:42
ubotuPlease don't use public away messages or change your nick to 'someone|away'.  We know you're away when you don't respond to messages. Also see !guidelines02:42
ubotuiceman: please see above02:42
TheMusoHobbsee: Heh that is more eloquent.02:42
icemanI'm sorry, I just typed "/away msg" and xchat-gnome did this...02:42
icemancan you prevent x-g to say I'm away on every channel?02:43
RAOFOk.  How do other programs link to gtkembedmoz?02:43
RAOFAnyway, now it's *definitely* bed time.02:44
=== RAOF wonders why he's spending so much time fixing something he's not going to use :)
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== enyc [n=enyc@1337.whitehorse.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFNight, all!02:45
=== AnAnt [n=ant1@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
AnAntHello, there is a package I made (acon) which is used to display arabic on linux virtual console. That package used to work in Edgy, now it doesn't work correctly in Feisty, that is some key combinations give wrong results.02:53
AnAntcan anyone help ?02:53
=== rpereira [n=rpereira@ubuntu/member/rpereira] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@host-213-189-171-21.brutele.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== luisbg [n=Luis@238.Red-88-17-113.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@208.207.103-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== acacs [n=acacs@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== poningru [n=poningru@adsl-074-245-140-197.sip.gnv.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Tonio__ [n=tonio@79.207.103-84.rev.gaoland.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKAnAnt: It is two days before the final Feisty freeze for Universe packages.  I suggest you file a bug with all of the specifics and then ask here again.  See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/acon/+filebug03:36
HobbseeScottK: AnAnt or fix it yourself, as you uploaded it...03:39
AnAntHobbsee: I tried03:42
Hobbseeor give us enoough info to help...03:42
=== ScottK has enough trouble with English. No chance of fixing something involving other alphabets.
AnAntHobbsee: well, CTRL+ALT+O used to show up a menu, now it doesn't do so03:43
HobbseeAnAnt: did the package get upgraded in feisty?03:43
AnAntHobbsee: no, it is the same upstream03:44
=== AlinuxOS [n=vsichi@host216-173-dynamic.61-82-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== finalbeta [n=finalbet@d54C689F7.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
sacateron launchpad karma, what does 'support tracker' count as03:46
sacateri gained 1217 over night03:46
sacaterwhen does answers get cashed up?03:46
=== finalbeta [n=sfghgsfs@d54C689F7.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C689F7.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== stalker [n=chatzill@cable-89-216-171-97.dynamic.sbb.co.yu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
stalkerguys, i am trying to compile my program with iconv, and ubuntu ave strange iconv package03:53
TheMusostalker: Ok whats so strange about it?03:54
stalkeractually, it don't define iconvctl() function in /usr/include/iconv.h03:54
TheMusoHave you used apt-cache search to search for any packages relating to iconv?03:54
stalkerand several other #defines03:54
stalkeryrs, but nothing03:54
TheMusostalker: Ok so let me get this straight. You have the header files sorted etc, yet particular defines are not present03:54
TheMusoah ok03:55
TheMusoHave you checked whether the Debian package has what you need?03:55
TheMusoOh and what version of Ubuntu are you running03:55
stalker6.10, and...i'm new with debian/ubuntu, used slackware for ages03:55
stalkerso i kind of don;'t know for those...debian packages how to get03:56
TheMusoOk. For a start, you could use packages.debian.org to find the package you want, and download it. Then you could manually unpack it and check.03:57
TheMusoThere is also a chance that the package in Feisty may have what you need.03:57
stalkeri'll search right away03:57
=== Ipsissimus [n=Tamryre@gluon.physics.fsu.edu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianHeya gang04:00
stalkerand where i can look at feisty package for iconv?04:00
TheMusostalker: packages.ubuntu.com may have what you need, but it tends to be out of date.04:00
Lutinh bddebian 04:01
ScottKGood morning bddebian04:01
bddebianHi Lutin04:01
bddebianHeya ScottK04:01
geserHi bddebian04:01
bddebianHeya geser04:01
stalkeri even can't find package that ships /usr/include/iconv.h04:02
bddebiandpkg -S ?04:02
stalkerit isn't iconv,libiconv...04:02
TheMusostalker: Is there a libiconv-dev package of some sort?04:02
TheMusoI would think there is.04:02
AstralJavaI would have to recommend using dlocate.04:02
TheMusoThere is also apt-file.04:03
stalkernope, nothing that has iconv in its name...04:03
jdonglibc6-dev: usr/include/iconv.h04:03
stalkerooooh, libc-dev package04:03
AstralJavajaska@ardbeg:~$ dlocate iconv.h04:03
AstralJavalibc6-dev: /usr/include/iconv.h04:03
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-motu
AstralJavaOh, sorry.04:03
jdongnow you owe me a beer.04:03
jdongI think those were the rules when I played it last time...04:03
jdongwhich was like 12 or 13 or something04:03
poningrummmm beer04:04
stalkerso, libc6-dev is not something to be changed easily04:04
AstralJavaYou played of beer when you were an early teenager? ;)04:04
DarkMageZyou have to say it @ the same time. so it does not apply04:04
stalkernvm...i'll just install iconv from source with --prefix=/usr04:05
jdongDarkMageZ: close enough :)04:05
jdongAstralJava: yes yes, then it turn into playing for cocaine, and that other leafy thingie.....04:06
jdongno, lettuce.04:06
AstralJavaOh, sorry. :)04:06
AstralJavaI haven't played that game. :)04:06
jdongonly it didn't taste like lettuce at all...04:06
jdongbut they told me it was lettuce.04:06
=== _MMA_ [n=mma@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== elkbuntu [n=melissa@ubuntu/member/elkbuntu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
\shdholbach: what do you mean with retraced apports? you mean the retrace service which is attached to the actual apport bug reports? 04:11
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C689F7.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
AstralJavaHi dholbach! 04:13
dholbachhi AstralJava04:13
AstralJavaUS artwork in place. :) How're you doing?04:13
=== Starting logfile irclogs/ubuntu-motu.log
=== Starting logfile irclogs/ubuntu-motu.log
=== ubuntulog [i=ubuntulo@ubuntu/bot/ubuntulog] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Topic for #ubuntu-motu: Ubuntu Masters of the Universe: Universe Repository Maintainers | http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU | http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Documentation | Add yourself to http://tinyurl.com/fgpgy to upload to REVU | https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/TODO | http://ajmitch.net.nz/~ajmitch/missing-fixes-rc.html | HAPPY UNIVERSE HUG DAY
=== Topic (#ubuntu-motu): set by dholbach at Fri Mar 30 07:32:07 2007
(crimsun/#ubuntu-motu) at this stage, I'd much rather just have the broken software be gone, complaints be damned04:28
(ScottK/#ubuntu-motu) There's always the option to make a new update that "accidentally" FTBFS and then fix it later.04:28
(Hobbsee/#ubuntu-motu) crimsun: +1 to me04:28
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKIf no one is committed to do the work to fix it, then I'd say pull it too.04:29
geserwhat about democracyplayer? should it be dropped too?04:29
imbrandongeser, someone almost has that fixed iirc04:29
=== Hobbsee is of the opinion to drop any known, non-working software
Hobbsee(that isnt being fixed)04:29
geserthe current package is non-working (the dbus bug has currently collected over 60 dupes)04:29
Hobbseegeser: raof's done a lot of work on it, and it's almost usable04:30
Hobbseewhich, hopefully, we'll be able to upload04:30
geserah, didn't know04:30
crimsungeser: sadly, IMO, yes. Consider ROAF's opinion, too.04:30
Hobbseeas it's clearly going to be better than the current lot04:30
geserHobbsee: do you know if he got passed the segfaults?04:31
Hobbseegeser: yeah, he did04:31
imbrandonnap time, back in 2 or 3 hours04:32
crimsunah, Adri2000 uploaded doodle about 14 hours after I did04:33
crimsunthat explains why my upload was rejected (well, not really, but whatever)04:33
crimsundholbach: if you don't have any glaring objections to the complete removal of deluge-torrent, I'll file a bug04:38
dholbachcrimsun: no, not at all04:39
crimsunok, thanks.04:39
Hobbseecrimsun: and close the rest :P04:39
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C689F7.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== reggaemanu [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-143-180.w86-210.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C689F7.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zenrox [n=zenrox@pool-71-115-227-252.spknwa.dsl-w.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== freeflying [i=root@gobstopper.dreamhost.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tmarble [n=tmarble@user-38q4et6.cable.mindspring.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== No1Viking [n=micke@h-83-140-105-15.auto.rp80.se] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseecrimsun: you want me to close all the other democracyplayer bugs, or will you do that?04:56
Hobbsee(seeing as they're all fixed in feisty)04:56
poningrumultiple bugs in bip04:57
Hobbseeponingru: ?04:57
\shdholbach: using apport-retrace and installing libgcc1-dbgsym throws some errors :(04:57
crimsunHobbsee: please, if you have the time, feel free. I'm resource-starved ATM.04:58
poningruHobbsee: reporting bugs on bip right now04:58
Hobbseecrimsun: great, OK04:58
poningruin feisty04:58
dholbach\sh: tag the bug as  needs-<arch>-retrace04:59
dholbach\sh: it will get auto-retraced04:59
dholbach\sh: read the mail on u-devel@ or u-devel-announce@05:00
\shdholbach: no the retrace is there, without any debug syms sadly...but I think some dbgsym packages are not ok...I'll ask pitti about it05:00
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-26-123.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== azeem [n=mbanck@ppp-88-217-44-88.dynamic.mnet-online.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C689F7.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fowlduck [n=nate@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== MagnusR [n=magru@c83-252-237-96.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cypher1 [i=cypher1@nat/hp/x-b0d74ecc2c67d54a] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tuxmaniac [n=aanjhan@unaffiliated/tuxmaniac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
_MMA_Hey guys. Is there a Ubuntu-games team?05:23
bddebianThere is but it's pretty dead in favor of the debian games team afaik05:26
_MMA_Ill have to look into that then.05:26
=== bersace [n=bersace@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fowlduck [n=nate@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== davromaniak [n=cyril@AFontenayssB-152-1-36-150.w83-114.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
_MMA_bddebian: Is every new package Debian gets automatically synced to Ubuntu? ie: If I get a game in Debian would I have to request that it be synced for Ubuntu?05:46
Hobbsee_MMA_: you dont need to, as long as the autosyncer is on05:47
=== iceman is back (gone 03:09:46)
icemangrr, sorry about that05:51
icemanxchat-gnome doesn't seem to understand I don't want away messages :-s05:51
Hobbseeit's not activated by default...i hope05:52
cassidyiceman: you should relaunch it after the modification of xchat.conf05:52
icemancassidy: yeah, messy way to do it, by the way, directly into the .conf file05:53
icemanthere should be a way inside the UI05:53
cassidyiceman: humm, IMHO this option is evil and shouldn't exist05:54
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-motu
icemanthen get rid of it ! But meanwhile it should be easy to de-activate it05:54
icemanEach time I go away people yell at me !05:55
=== fowlduck [n=nate@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dous [n=dous@singlespix.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== asantoni [n=alb@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Adri2000crimsun: sorry, I misunderstood your LOCK, I thought doodle merge was locked on me :p, so I did it and uploaded it06:08
=== poningru [n=poningru@adsl-074-245-140-197.sip.gnv.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== vil [n=vladimir@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C689F7.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C689F7.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Ursinha [n=ursula@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Neonightmare [n=neonight@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Neonightmare [n=neonight@] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== dpm [n=dpm@p54a12907.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== xtknight [n=xtknight@c-68-43-122-102.hsd1.mi.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jdong_ [n=jdong@STRATTON-FOUR-O-EIGHT.MIT.EDU] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jikanter [n=jordan@dhcp-229-248.eastdorm.uic.edu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== AlinuxOS [n=vsichi@host216-173-dynamic.61-82-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xtknightScottK, so you know where /etc/defaults/bip is written?06:30
ScottKHave a look at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CreatePackageFromSourcePackage for a start06:31
ScottKGet the source package and then look in the debian dir for bip.default06:31
xtknight-rw-r--r-- 1 andy andy   10 2007-04-10 11:44 bip.default06:32
xtknightthere we go06:32
xtknightwill apt-get -b do it, actually?06:32
ScottKSo the way we (who are not MOTU) fix bugs is make then change, build a new package, make a debdiff, attach it to the bug and then subscribe ubuntu-universe-sponsors to the bug06:33
=== jdong_ [n=jdong@STRATTON-FOUR-O-EIGHT.MIT.EDU] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xtknightis it a problem that remove/purge do not wipe /var/run/bip and /var/log/bip ?06:33
xtknightor should log files be retained06:34
ScottKLog files should be retained and /var/run gets cleaned every reboot.06:34
=== ScottK doesn't think it's a problme
xtknightScottK, and what about "sudo bip" not working from the start?06:34
xtknighteven tho init.d will with ENABLED=106:34
ScottKThat's a trickier one.06:35
ScottKI think if you change the init file to use -f /etc/bip.conf it'll be fine.  Try that06:36
xtknightmy guess is, leave it be.  config file can be specified with bip -f06:36
xtknightinit file already does use /etc actually06:36
xtknightnothing needs to be changed in 'init.d/bip' as it stands06:36
=== poningru [n=poningru@adsl-074-245-140-197.sip.gnv.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xtknightwith ENABLED=1 change:  sudo /etc/init.d/bip start06:37
xtknight * Starting bip 06:37
xtknightps ax | grep bip:  3117 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/bip -f /etc/bip.conf -s /var/lib/bip06:37
ScottKThen I'd suggest making a new package and attaching the debdiff to the bug after you've tested it.06:37
xtknightk i'll need some help with that one06:38
ScottKHave a look at the wiki page I pointed you to above and let me know when you have questions.06:38
=== poningru_ [n=poningru@adsl-074-245-140-197.sip.gnv.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cbx33 [n=pete@ubuntu/member/cbx33] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== danohuigin1 [n=ant@p54bed59a.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xtknightScottK, alright.  i have made a deb file containing the 'default' fix and a note in the changelog documenting it.  now what ?06:42
xtknightit has only been compiled for i386 so far06:42
ScottKInstall it and see if it works06:42
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKDo you have a config file in ~/.bip?06:43
xtknightnope ~/.bip does not exist06:44
=== AlinuxOS [n=vsichi@host216-173-dynamic.61-82-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKNext step is make a debdiff.06:44
xtknightahh any official docs on that?06:45
ScottKif you look in the top level directory of the source package you'll find bip_someversion.dsc and bip_somversion-ubuntu1.dsc.06:45
ScottKdo debdiff bip_someversion.dsc and bip_somversion-ubuntu1.dsc > filename for the patch06:46
ScottKThen why don't you pastebin that and I'll see if it looks correct.06:46
ubotupastebin is a service to post large texts so you don't flood the channel. The Ubuntu pastebin is at http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org (make sure you give us the URL for your paste - see also the #ubuntu channel topic)06:46
xtknightScottK, http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/14902/06:47
ScottKLooks pretty good.  You also want to add (Closes LP: #105199) to the changelog entry.  Also don't go over 80 chars in a line.06:51
=== Neonightmare [n=neonight@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKNow the tricky part with this bug is that we also want the security fix in the -4 version in Debian (which is why Hobbsee requested a sync).06:52
ScottKIf this change gets committed to -3, then the sync will fail.06:52
=== Neonightmare [n=neonight@] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== doko [n=doko@dslb-088-073-088-011.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKSo I think the best move (anyone out there watching feel free to correct me on this) would be for you to look at the Debian changes in -4 and add them to your fix (noting that you've done that in the changelog).06:53
xtknightScottK, what abuot that duplicate bug that he also created?06:53
ScottKI already duped that to this bug.06:54
=== poningru [n=poningru@adsl-074-245-140-197.sip.gnv.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKxtknight: You up for getting the Debian fix in there too (It'll be a small change to the debian/rules or postinst I'm sure).06:55
=== ScottK goes to get more coffee.
xtknightlol ya let me make some more coffee also06:56
xtknightthen we'll see06:56
xtknighti made the new debdiff06:56
xtknightneed to know what to do with this one 06:56
=== AlinuxOS [n=vsichi@host216-173-dynamic.61-82-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== poningru [n=poningru@adsl-074-245-140-197.sip.gnv.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKpastebin that one too06:59
=== asantoni [n=alb@bas7-london14-1177945664.dsl.bell.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xtknightScottK, http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/14906/07:03
=== rexbron [n=rexbron@keele-b240-98.airyork.yorku.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jikanter [n=jordan@dhcp-229-248.eastdorm.uic.edu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jussio1 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-188-131.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== superm1 [n=superm1@12-226-238-227.client.mchsi.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
superm1imbrandon, are you awake?07:10
=== fowlduck [n=nate@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianAhh, the UVFe sync requests are finally coming in!07:11
ScottKxtknight: Have a look at http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/14908/.  I slightly edited you.  Looks good.  Now go get the Debian fix...07:13
=== poningru [n=poningru@adsl-074-245-140-197.sip.gnv.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xtknightScottK, looks good to me07:14
xtknightwhere do we post this debdiff?  launchpad?07:14
ScottKYes.  You can attach it to the bug.07:15
xtknightany naming conventions for debdiffs?>07:15
ScottKBut it'd be better to add the Debian security fix to it first.07:15
xtknightok what is this "Debian" fix? 07:15
ubotuDebian bug 415855 in bip "bip: [security]  IRC passwords in /etc/bip.conf world readable" [Important,Closed]  07:16
ScottKI don't think we have time to sync the new debian version and then get your patch applied and so I think it's best you just copy their change into your source and make a new patch.07:16
ScottKFor names, I usually use packagename_version.patch.07:17
xtknightso what should i do with the debian fix?07:17
ScottKMake the same change they did to your source.07:17
xtknightok so we're applying this to the ubuntu one also07:18
xtknightso apaprently i need to grab bip_0.5.3-4 ... ?07:18
ScottKStand by.07:20
ScottKxtknight: I think this is the change: http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/14911/07:21
xtknightthing is i don't know if we're uploading a patch to 0.5.3-3 or if we're using debian's 0.5.3-407:22
ScottKWrite it like you are using -307:22
xtknightok so i'm going to modify postinst and add that07:22
ScottKI got the diff from here (It's the entire debian diff for bip, not just -4) http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/b/bip/bip_0.5.3-4.diff.gz07:22
xtknightand credit it to myself or someone eles?07:22
=== fernando_ [n=fernando@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKMention in the changelog that it was pulled from -4 and the debian bug number it fixed.07:23
xtknightand that little patch you pasted (chmod...bip.conf) is added at the /end/ of postinst?07:24
ScottKThen once you're done we'll get bddebian to upload it.07:24
=== bddebian runs
ScottKxtknight: More context http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/14912/ - You figure out what's different07:25
ScottKLongPointyStick: Are you there?07:25
xtknightScottK, gotcha.  where did you get that patch?07:26
xtknightnever mind07:26
ScottKhttp://packages.qa.debian.org/b/bip.html and click on the diff.gz07:26
=== ScottK wants to make sure LongPointyStick is OK with superceding her sync request with the patch in the interests of time...
xtknightshould i credit it to Arnaud Cornet for fixing it or to myself for adding it to the ubuntu?07:27
xtknighti am being a bit compulsive on the questions here as i don't want to make any mistake07:27
ScottKI'd credit you backported the patch from the -4 verison in Debian so it'll be clear to the person who tries to merge your fix and -4 (or whatever) in Feisty +1 what happened.07:28
xtknightthey should both go under this changelog entry? bip (0.5.3-3ubuntu1) feisty; urgency=low07:28
xtknightor make yet another rev?07:28
ScottKThey should both go in the same changelog entry.07:29
=== esaym [n=user@cpe-72-183-202-162.satx.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mjunx [n=matt@adsl-75-4-135-43.dsl.emhril.sbcglobal.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xtknightScottK, let me know if this sounds good http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/14914/07:33
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C4A53D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKxtknight: Looks reasonable to me.  Did you build the binary and test it?07:34
xtknightslight problem heh subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 12707:36
xtknightjust a pathetic little error where i copied the '+' from the diff07:37
xtknightDEFAULT=1.  /etc/bip.conf is chmod 640.  and it is owned by root:bip.  looks good.07:38
ScottKThen make a new debdiff and attach that to the bug and let me know when you've done it.07:40
xtknightone thing though.  if bip.conf was created before with different owners, this postinst script that Arnaud did does not change its permissions07:40
xtknightso i dont know if an update would do anything07:40
=== micahcowan [n=micahcow@adsl-76-203-174-94.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xtknightonly a --purge and reinstall will make the bip.conf correct.  it doesn't fix it unless you --purge.  does the update manager --purge an old package before updating it?  if not, then this patch will not work07:42
=== cypher1_ [n=cypher1@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKIt'll be correct for new installs, but not upgrades then.07:42
xtknightit only fixes it on a clean install07:42
xtknightso if people update it wont do anything07:42
xtknightdoes that sound like favorable behavior?  07:43
ScottKxtknight: Are you sure?07:43
xtknighti'll make sure, sec07:43
xtknightConfiguration file `/etc/bip.conf'07:44
xtknight ==> File on system created by you or by a script.07:44
xtknight The default action is to keep your current version.07:45
xtknight*** bip.conf (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N]  ? 07:45
xtknightthat sounds fine then.  that didnt seem to happen last time.l07:45
xtknighti wonder if update manager will give people that prompt, though07:45
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKIf apt gave it, I'm pretty sure the update manager will.07:46
xtknightk it's probably fine then07:46
=== asantoni [n=alb@bas7-london14-1177945664.dsl.bell.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKI'd so go with it and we'll bring it up when we ask to have it reviewd.07:46
xtknighthere's what i'm worried about though07:47
xtknightsay he has 'bip' from apt-get ubuntu.  alright it is created with root:root07:47
xtknightnow he (or apt) does "sudo dpkg -i bip_..." and it does NOT say the prompt07:47
xtknightand it does NOT change permissions07:47
xtknightonly if i manually touch the file does it say the prompt.  and chances are the fil will be created by bip iteslf, and it will not prompt07:48
ScottKOK.  DO this...07:48
ScottKpurge the package and manually make sure all the config files, the pid dir, and the logfile are gone.07:48
=== DarkSun88 [n=Ma@unaffiliated/darksun88] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKsudo apt-get install bip07:48
ScottKthen install your new ubuntu1 deb07:49
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKthen check permissions.07:49
xtknightsudo rm -rf ~/.bip /var/run/bip /var/log/bip /etc/bip.conf /etc/default/bip07:49
xtknightsudo dpkg --purge bip07:49
xtknightsudo dpkg -i bip_0.5.3-3ubuntu1_i386.deb....... 07:49
xtknightpermissions are correct07:49
xtknight-rw-r----- 1 root bip 4654 2007-04-10 13:37 /etc/bip.conf07:49
ScottKDid you install 0.5.3-3 first?07:50
xtknightahh no07:50
xtknightalright.  installed 0.5.3-3.  permissions are wrong, root:root07:51
xtknighti will now try my deb07:51
xtknightpermissions are still wrong.07:51
xtknighttherefore an update will not fix it07:52
xtknighthe will have to rely on clean install07:52
=== stgraber [n=stgraber@ubuntu/member/stgraber] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xtknightnor will it prompt him on update if a previous 'bip' wrote to /etc/bip.conf (99% situation)07:52
ScottKOK.  I don't know how to fix that then.07:54
xtknightit's in the postinst prolly07:54
ScottKOh, certainly.07:54
xtknightif [ "$1" = "configure" -a "$2" = "" ] 07:54
xtknightthat is failing on a dpkg -i07:54
xtknight idont know what that is though07:54
ScottKThat's almost certainly the line that needs to be changed.07:54
xtknighti'll see what it does07:55
=== arejay [n=rj@unaffiliated/rj-] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xtknightthat fixes it07:56
xtknighti dont see any negative consequences of commenting out that 'if' statement anyway.07:57
ScottKDo it that way and we'll get someone more experienced to review it.  Don't forget to update your changelog since you are no longer exactly using the Debian patch.07:58
xtknighthrm what about the other architectures?07:59
ScottKAll you are uploading are source changes.  The build system will take care of all the binaries.07:59
ScottKYou haven't changed anything that should have an architecture specific impact.07:59
=== suppressingfir1 [n=burner@cpe-24-24-95-18.stny.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== suppressingfir1 [n=burner@cpe-24-24-95-18.stny.res.rr.com] has left #ubuntu-motu []
xtknighthere's the final patch, i think.  http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/14920/08:00
xtknightreconfirmed that it fixed it08:01
ScottKLooks good to me.08:02
xtknightwiped everything, apt-get, install mine, and it fixes the permissions08:02
ScottKAttach the debdiff to the bug.08:02
xtknightah the fun part08:02
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xtknightbug 10519908:03
ubotuMalone bug 105199 in bip "does not create a home folder(~/.bip)" [Medium,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10519908:03
=== tuxmaniac [n=aanjhan@unaffiliated/tuxmaniac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKAfter you attach the debdiff, subscribe (not assign) ubuntu-universe-sponsors to the bug.08:04
xtknighthey thanks for helping me thru this08:06
ScottKWe aren't done yet.08:06
=== xtknight takes deep breath
ScottKFirst, you get to do it over.  Bug #105215 got done first.08:08
ubotuMalone bug 105215 in bip "Please sync bip (universe) from Debian unstable (main)" [Undecided,Fix released]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10521508:08
ScottKSo now you have to diff against that.08:08
xtknightso attach to there also?08:08
xtknightoh i have to run "debdiff" again against a different package?08:08
ScottKYeah.  You also have to rebuild the source package against the updated source first.08:09
=== fowlduck- [n=nate@student.matcmadison.edu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Adri2000(don't forget the maintainer field)08:09
xtknightk so basically i need bip_0.5.3-4, right?08:09
xtknightfrom debian08:10
ScottKAdri2000: Good point.08:10
ScottKxtknight: Yes.08:10
ScottKOr it'll be in the Ubuntu repositories as soon as they synch08:10
ScottKxtknight: Also, as Adri2000 kindly reminds me, you'll need to change the maintainer in debian/control as described here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebianMaintainerField08:11
=== phanatic_ [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== DktrKranz [n=Luca@ubuntu/member/dktrkranz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xtknightchange it to myself?08:11
ScottKxtknight: The spec tells you.08:12
ScottKxtknight: Change the current maintainer to XSBC-Original-Maintainer: and then add Ubuntu MOTU Developers <ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com> as the maintainer.08:13
xtknightk i am changing this on which pkg?08:14
xtknightthe debdiff i already did, also?  08:14
ScottKDon't worry about the one you already did.08:14
xtknightk first i need to get the source of the debian -4 which i'm trying to figure out atm08:15
xtknightlet's see... d/l bip_0.5.3.orig.tar.gz  and then apply bip_0.5.3-4.diff.gz 08:15
ScottKGet the -4 source package and modify that one to work like your -3ubuntu1 + the maintainer changes and it will be -4ubuntu108:17
xtknighthow do i apply a .diff.gz?08:17
xtknightto get -4 i have to get -3.orig and then apply the diff, right?08:18
xtknightas per bip_0.5.3-4.diff.gz 08:18
xtknight i mean, as per http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/b/bip/08:18
ScottKxtknight: I'd just add a debian source repo and get it from there.  deb-src ftp://debian.mirrors.pair.com/ testing main contrib08:18
xtknightah ok08:18
ScottKDon't forget to comment it out when you are done.08:19
xtknightgot it08:20
xtknightso change the debian status of this one08:20
xtknightcontrol file08:20
xtknightfirst modify it with my changes, right?08:21
ScottKkeescook: I have a question for you about a security fix if you have a moment.  The debian fix for http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=415855 seems incomplete.  They only fix the permissions on new install.  Existing installs are left world readable.  From a security perspective, the permissions changes should be applied on upgrades to, right?08:21
ubotuDebian bug 415855 in bip "bip: [security]  IRC passwords in /etc/bip.conf world readable" [Important,Closed]  08:21
ScottKxtknight: Yes.  08:21
geseryou can also dget the .dsc file and expand the source package with dpkg-source -x .dsc file08:22
keescookScottK: normally if a perms fix is part of a package, something in the postinst should fix it up too.08:22
xtknightso now08:22
xtknightone sec *08:23
ScottKOK.  The debian fix for the bug doesn't touch existing conf files and that seemed incomplete.  I take that for agreement.  Thanks.08:23
ScottKkeescook: ^^08:23
keescookScottK: yeah, I haven't looked specifically at the bug, but I'd tend to agree: prior installs need to be protected too.  If getting the update doesn't fix that, then it's not really fixed.  :)08:23
ScottKxtknight: Yes?08:24
xtknighttalking to myself08:24
xtknightalmost got this, i think08:24
xtknighti will post the debdiff for you to verify08:25
xtknightso i am changing debian pkg's maintainer to ubuntu MOTU...08:25
xtknightand the xsbc stuff (got that)08:26
xtknightnow since their version is bip (0.5.3-4) unstable; urgency=high08:26
ScottKThis is done so that people don't complain to the Debian maintainer directly about stuff from Ubuntu.08:26
xtknightwhat should i title my changelog08:26
ScottKchange the target distro to feisty08:27
xtknight-> rather08:27
ScottKYou should be able to do dch -i from inside the package dir and have it automagically pretty much right.08:27
xtknightthis Debian pkg will be going back into debian?08:28
xtknightor is this for feisty08:28
ScottKThis is for feisty08:28
ScottKWhen we are done here you get to file bugs with Debian.08:28
xtknightwhat will happen to debian's package?  that is not for me to worry about?08:28
ScottKUp to us to tell them and give them the patch.  Up to them what they do with it.08:29
xtknightthis sound right? "bip (0.5.3-4) feisty; urgency=high"08:29
enychrrm Ive seen many ubuntu universe packages that do not have a -ubuntu? on the version number... but maybe they have the maintainer email address changed still...08:29
xtknightwhat about the urgency?08:29
xtknighthigh i guess because of this security fix..?08:29
ScottKDoesn't matter for Ubuntu08:29
ScottKI'd leave it.08:29
=== Bubble [i=Bubble@unaffiliated/bubble] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xtknightScottK, does this look good (debdiff)? http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/14931/08:32
ScottKenyc: According to the spec, the debian-maintainer change is supposed to go in ALL binary packages and source packages touched by Ubuntu, so you will correctly see debian-maintainer in binaries without ubuntu version numbers.08:33
=== ScottK looks
crimsunAdri2000: no sweat, it got in, which is the important part.08:34
enycScottK: aaah... but if  the package is just put into ubuntu-universe and not "touched" (changed), the maintainer will not be changed?08:34
crimsunif it's a sync, it will not be changed.08:34
crimsunsync == no Ubuntu changes08:34
xtknighti may have to get going pretty soon.  i will be here in probably 30 mins to an hour.  have to run to the store08:35
ScottKAlmost done08:35
ScottKhttp://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/14932/ has a small wordsmith.  Since you are now fixing and not borrowing someone else's patch, it's probably politer not to point at them by name.08:35
ScottKWhy don't you upload that.08:36
xtknightk upload this one to where?08:37
ScottKAttach it to Bug #10519908:38
ubotuMalone bug 105199 in bip "does not create a home folder(~/.bip)" [Medium,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10519908:38
enyccrimsun: interestin.g.. of course you might get some debian maintainer woh then realises the problem relates to something different in ubuntu's environment that doesn't apply to debian.... (even though the debian package was not changed)08:38
xtknightis that all there is to it?08:38
ScottKThen we start asking an actual MOTU to look at it, but basically you're done.08:39
enyccrimsun: e.g. I discovered qpsmtpd fails to work connerctly on ubuntu (not relevant to debian) using debian-synced package (no ubuntu changes)... so debian maintainer might not want to be bothered then tooo... not sure if it actually tends to be a problem though!08:40
xtknighti'm going to take off now.  thanks again08:40
ScottKBug #105199 is ready for UUS review.  crimsun are you availble?08:40
ubotuMalone bug 105199 in bip "does not create a home folder(~/.bip)" [Medium,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10519908:40
ScottKxtknight: You'll also want to file bugs against the package in Debian and give them the patches.08:40
xtknightmade note of that.08:41
ScottKAnd then come back and fix more.  I hope you enjoyed the experience.08:41
xtknightfirst time is always rough08:42
=== dpm [n=dpm@p54a12907.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xtknightfor each bug we have to fix it in debian also?08:42
ScottKWe don't have to, but the more of our stuff that gets back into Debian, the less manual work there is for us.  It's a win-win08:43
=== rexbron [n=rexbron@keele-b240-98.airyork.yorku.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Lure [n=administ@clj46-234.dial-up.arnes.si] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKOnce there is a Ubuntu unique package, automatic synching stops and you have to merge stuff.  The less of that the better.08:44
ScottKxtknight: Thank you for your contribution.08:44
=== doko_ [n=doko@dslb-088-074-012-109.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsunScottK: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bip/+bug/105199/comments/608:51
ubotuMalone bug 105199 in bip "does not create a home folder(~/.bip)" [Medium,Needs info]  08:52
=== freeflying [i=root@gobstopper.dreamhost.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKcrimsun: Jumped the gun.  Sorry about that.  -4 needs to get built and distributed first.08:53
=== Joe_CoT [i=joe_cot@powerade.dreamhost.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsunsource is already mirrored08:53
Joe_CoThey, some packaging questions. I'm packaging from a subversion repository. What do I put as the "downloaded from" in debian/copyright?08:54
crimsuncrimsun@Box:~$ apt-cache madison bip |grep Sources08:54
crimsun       bip |    0.5.3-4 | http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/universe Sources08:54
ScottKcrimsun: That's why I had him redo the patch against -4.08:54
crimsunScottK: yes, and it still fails.08:54
ScottKAh.  I'll look at it then.08:55
crimsunJoe_CoT: the SVN URI.08:55
=== JanC [n=janc@dD5764BF4.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== davromaniak [n=cyril@AFontenayssB-152-1-52-193.w82-121.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== JanC_ [n=janc@dD5764BF4.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Joe_CoTand i'm supposed to do something "get-orig-source" in debian/rules if it's svn?09:16
=== superm1 [n=superm1@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Joe_CoTi'm sort of confused by that. Am I supposed to add a get-orig-source target in rules that checks out the svn? do i have to add subversion to build-depends then?09:21
=== fowlduck [n=nate@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKcrimsun: If the patch applies with patch -p1 is that sufficient?09:28
Joe_CoT"badly formed line in files list file"09:31
Joe_CoTfrom dpkg-genchanges when running pbuilder09:32
=== sacater_ [n=sacater@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@cs181041124.pp.htv.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsunScottK: as long as it applies, yes09:54
=== finalbeta_ [n=gggggggg@d54C689F7.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKOK.  When I tried it, the revised patch for Bug #105199 applied with patch -p1.09:55
ubotuMalone bug 105199 in bip "does not create a home folder(~/.bip)" [Medium,Needs info]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10519909:55
ScottKPleas have another go at it.09:55
=== sacater_ [n=sacater@host81-152-157-46.range81-152.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKGood morning ajmitch.10:03
bddebianHeya ajmitch10:03
crimsunScottK: clarified, applied and uploaded10:03
ScottKcrimsun: Thanks.10:04
ScottKSeen on #ubuntu-meeting just now [16:04]  <Keybuk> is a member of the MOTU Council here?10:04
ScottKcrimsun: gpocentek rogered up to Keybuck's question.10:06
=== ScottK just wanted to make sure someone was there...
ScottKxtknight: See https://launchpad.net/~xt-knight/+packages - Once launchpad indicates the new version has built on all architectures, mark the bug fix released.10:11
ScottKxtknight: Congratulations.10:11
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@cs181041124.pp.htv.fi] has left #ubuntu-motu []
crimsunxtknight: for reference, urgency in Ubuntu uploads is largely moot10:14
=== caravena [n=caravena@pc-153-69-86-200.cm.vtr.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
superm1crimsun, or any other MOTU's, would you have a moment to look over a debdiff, its attached to bug 10496510:15
ubotuMalone bug 104965 in mythtv "Need HDHomeRun fixes" [Wishlist,In progress]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10496510:15
superm1i've got binaries built for it too if anyone would be interested in trying them rather than having to build themselves10:16
xtknightScottK, cool. thanks.10:16
xtknightcrimsun, gotcha10:16
ScottKxtknight: He also modified your changelog entries.  Have a look at that for future reference/education.10:17
crimsunsuperm1: not for several hours, sorry. In lecture until 7 PM.10:17
superm1ah okay10:17
superm1crimsun, are there any other freezes prior to release that i need to make sure this makes it in before?10:17
ScottKxtknight: Now that you've done it once, go fix some more bugs.10:17
xtknightyeah i'm dying to10:17
xtknight;- )10:17
xtknightmaybe tomorrow.  :P10:18
xtknightgot a couple of my own i'm going to try and help fix10:18
ScottKxtknight: You'll want to learn about pbuilder for testing your builds.10:18
=== gismo [n=stef@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKxtknight: Also remember that 12 April is the Universe freeze for Feisty, so don't dawdle.10:19
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Joe_CoTScottK: speaking of universe freeze, I'm trying to get World of Padman packaged. can I get some help on a few things? :)10:20
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKPackaged as in a NEW package?10:21
Joe_CoTyeah. has that one come and gone?10:21
ScottKApril 12 freeze is for bug fixing.  Feature Freeze (cut off for new packages) was long ago.10:21
=== rpereira [n=rpereira@ubuntu/member/rpereira] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Joe_CoTah. alrighty then10:21
superm1ScottK, would you be able to look over that debdiff then and possibly sponsor an upload?10:22
ScottKBut the repos should be open soon for Feisty +1, so don't stop working.10:22
ScottKsuperm1: I'll look, but I'm not a MOTU.10:22
superm1ScottK, oh :)10:22
Joe_CoTScottK: alright. do you know anything about get-orig-source rules?10:23
=== ScottK knows way less than bddebian and he routinely proclaims himself the least knowledgeable MOTU, but give it a shot.
ScottKWhat's the question?10:23
Joe_CoTI'm trying to figure out how to set one up. According to the packaging guide, I need to provide a "get-orig-source" rule in debian/rules if I have to make the orig tar myself. For the engine package, I had to get it from a subversion tag. For the data package, I had to get it from their installer.10:24
geserScottK: bddebian knows more than he is ready to concede10:25
ScottKgeser: I know, but I'm playing along.10:25
=== bddebian doesn't know shit
ScottKJoe_CoT: No. I haven't had to do that before.  Sorry.  I'd look for another package with an svn type version name and see what they did.10:26
ScottKbddebian: Fortunately we don't package that.10:26
ScottKJoe_CoT: Remember that plaigarism is the sincerest form of flattery.10:27
=== davromaniak [n=cyril@AFontenayssB-152-1-30-89.w83-114.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Joe_CoTyeah, i ripped the shell script from the tremulous package to set the environmental vars. the packages work just fine. I'm just trying to bring them up to standards10:27
bddebianScottK: :-)10:28
Joe_CoTa few other things. i'm getting this from Lintian: "E: Amusement does not exist, exiting"10:29
bddebianlintian -i will usually give you better info10:29
Joe_CoTa ha. I should "export from subversion rather than checkout". good to know10:30
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-186-246.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
superm1bddebian, you have a few moments to prod for a sponsor on a upload?10:32
bddebianSure, why not10:32
superm1bug 10496510:32
ubotuMalone bug 104965 in mythtv "Need HDHomeRun fixes" [Wishlist,In progress]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10496510:32
bddebianOh gads, mythtv10:34
bddebianIs slomo aware?10:34
superm1aware of what?10:34
superm1of these patches?10:34
superm1not afaik.  keescook was planning on looking them over but wasnt sure he would be able to before freeze10:35
superm1keescook was aware of all of the changes though10:36
superm1bddebian, i've got binaries built too if you wanted to try them rather than having to build yourself10:41
bddebianNah I'll build it, thx10:42
=== matsubara [n=matsubar@200-171-140-32.dsl.telesp.net.br] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== danohuiginn [n=ant@p54bed59a.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
superm1bddebian, out of curiosity, why did you ask if slomo was aware of these patches?10:43
bddebianI used to deal with him on the multimedia packages10:43
bddebianWasn't sure if he is still "the man" on those? :-)10:44
superm1mythtv has kinda been singled out from the rest of the multimedia packages10:44
superm1there is a ubuntu-mythtv group now on lp10:44
superm1and we have an irc channel and such :)10:44
bddebianDamn I can't get used to the new LP look10:44
=== DktrKranz [n=Luca@ubuntu/member/dktrkranz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
superm1bddebian, i'll be back on in about 30 min once i get to my next class10:51
superm1i'll touch bases with you then10:51
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C689F7.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Joe_CoTbah. i have yet to find one that actually does it correctly. the version clearly says it's a cvs version, yet there's no get-orig-source rule, and the copyright just says they got it from the website10:51
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C4A53D.access.telenet.be] has left #ubuntu-motu []
bddebiansuperm1: np10:52
=== matsubara [n=matsubar@200-171-140-32.dsl.telesp.net.br] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Ex-Chat"]
Joe_CoTokay. now i'm extremely confused. I'm looking at other cvs packages like ScottK suggested, and I have yet to find one that actually includes a get-orig-source rule at the Packaging guide suggests. For "capiutils", the changelog shows it was updated to match upstream in 2007, yet the copyright hasn't changed since 2002, and it just says "The sources are from the CVS version"10:59
=== JanC [n=janc@lugwv/member/JanC] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKJoe_CoT: I don't know the rules on that, but it's been my experience that just because we get cr@p from Debian, doesn't mean it's OK here.11:01
ScottKMaybe somebody will come along that knows....11:01
Joe_CoTlol, well i'd definately say that package is in the "cr@p" category.11:01
=== suppressingfir1 [n=burner@cpe-24-24-95-18.stny.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== suppressingfir1 [n=burner@cpe-24-24-95-18.stny.res.rr.com] has left #ubuntu-motu []
Joe_CoT"dpkg-genchanges: error: badly formed line in files list file, line 1"11:13
=== phanatic_ [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== gnomefreak never seen a "list file" before
gnomefreakJoe_CoT: i would start on line one of that file :)11:16
Joe_CoTdoesn't exist. googling, it looks like it's talking about the file "debian/file", which is created at build time.11:17
=== fowlduck [n=nate@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== acacs [n=acacs@20132141173.user.veloxzone.com.br] has joined #ubuntu-motu
gnomefreakthat would be the one i guess. see whats on line one and see if it belongs to rules file or what not. if you look in build-dir maybe it will be there?11:18
gnomefreakatleast most of the packages i deal with make a build-dir dir in source dir11:19
=== bersace [n=bersace@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== phanatic_ [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianHmm, to upload or not to upload...11:42
geserflip a coin11:42
bddebianWell it's freakin' mythtv :-)11:43
ScottKOh just upload it.  No one really uses that anyway ;')11:43
welshbyteto upload or not to upload, that is the question. whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of bugs11:45
welshbyte(apologies to mr shakespeare)11:46
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@32-56.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKbddebian: You're screwed either way.  Upload and you didn't fix all the bugs.  Don't upload and you didn't fix all the bugs.  May as well go for it.11:46
bddebianAlready sent ;-P11:47
bddebianwelshbyte: :-)11:47
bddebianLater gang11:50
=== zul [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jussio1 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-186-246.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cX-kads [n=kthakore@CPE001310a1899c-CM001692fa7e8e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xtknightcan someone help me take a look at Bug 105263 ?  11:56
ubotuMalone bug 105263 in kvm "[feisty]  kvm depends of kvm-api-9 but it not exists that package" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10526311:56
xtknightso he says it depends on kvm-api-9.  this package is not available anywhere yet that i can tell.  in the changelog of kvm, it says "* Make package depend on kvm-api-X, so the kernel can provide correct API".  the kernel (that DOES have kvm enabled by default) should be Providing kvm-api-911:57
ScottKxtknight: I just commented on the bug12:01
=== superm1 [n=superm1@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xtknighttrying apt-get update/etc12:02
xtknightScottK, it still won't work with the latest updates12:03
xtknight kvm: Depends: kvm-api-9 but it is not installable12:03
welshbytethe last change to that package was to specifically add that dependency.. i'm guessing it must be there for a reason (maybe the kernel provides is on its way?)12:04
xtknighti am running the stock ubuntu kernel12:04
xtknightthat's what i thought12:04
=== fowlduck [n=nate@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== _eth0_ [n=eduardo@] has joined #ubuntu-motu

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!