=== LeeJunFan [n=junfan@adsl-69-210-207-5.dsl.klmzmi.ameritech.net] has joined #launchpad
=== LeeJunFan [n=junfan@adsl-69-210-207-5.dsl.klmzmi.ameritech.net] has joined #launchpad
=== jml [n=jml@] has joined #launchpad
=== mpt [n=mpt@canonical/launchpad/mpt] has joined #launchpad
=== jml [n=jml@] has joined #launchpad
popeyubuntu.com is crawling01:26
=== Flux-- [n=cd4046@] has joined #launchpad
=== pips1_ [n=philipp@] has left #launchpad ["Ex-Chat"]
elmopopey: it's being worked on01:35
=== schwuk [n=dave@ubuntu/member/schwuk] has joined #launchpad
=== caravena [n=caravena@125-161-223-201.adsl.terra.cl] has joined #launchpad
=== LeeJunFan [n=junfan@adsl-69-210-207-5.dsl.klmzmi.ameritech.net] has joined #launchpad
=== BjornT [n=bjorn@canonical/launchpad/BjornT] has joined #launchpad
=== samiam [n=samurai@74-134-139-205.dhcp.insightbb.com] has joined #launchpad
ubotuNew bug: #107615 in launchpad "Comments duplicated from one person when multiple people comment on a bug near the same time" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10761505:35
=== Gankutsuou [n=nareshov@] has left #launchpad ["Leaving"]
=== Bhaskar1 [n=Bhaskar1@] has joined #launchpad
=== mpt [n=mpt@canonical/launchpad/mpt] has joined #launchpad
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #launchpad
=== Mez [n=Mez@ubuntu/member/mez] has joined #launchpad
=== aaaaa [n=ffffff@] has joined #launchpad
aaaaahelp meee06:34
=== aaaaa slaps [PUPPETS] Gonzo around a bit with a large trout
=== aaaaa slaps [PUPPETS] Gonzo around a bit with a large trout
=== aaaaa slaps [PUPPETS] Gonzo around a bit with a large trout
=== aaaaa slaps BjornT around a bit with a large trout
=== aaaaa slaps barry around a bit with a large trout
=== aaaaa slaps bac around a bit with a large trout
=== aaaaa slaps apokryphos around a bit with a large trout
=== aaaaa slaps AlexLatchford around a bit with a large trout
aaaaa                      06:35
aaaaa                                                                                  06:35
aaaaa                                                                                  06:36
aaaaa                                                                                  06:36
aaaaa                                                                                  06:36
aaaaa                                                                                  06:36
aaaaa                                                                                  06:36
aaaaa                                                                                  06:36
aaaaa                                                                                  06:36
aaaaa                                                                                  06:36
aaaaa                                                                                  06:36
aaaaa                                                                                  06:36
aaaaa                                                                                  06:36
aaaaa                                                                                  06:36
lifelessthat was06:40
fabbionego mIRC06:51
jameshvery red06:57
=== neversfelde [n=chrman@nrbg-4db4452a.pool.einsundeins.de] has joined #launchpad
=== silwol [n=silwol@] has joined #launchpad
=== samiam [n=samurai@74-134-139-205.dhcp.insightbb.com] has joined #launchpad
=== silwol [n=silwol@] has left #launchpad []
=== allenap [n=allenap@] has joined #launchpad
=== mpt [n=mpt@canonical/launchpad/mpt] has joined #launchpad
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #launchpad
=== Rinchen [n=joey@canonical/launchpad/rinchen] has joined #launchpad
=== zyga [n=zyga@ubuntu/member/zyga] has joined #launchpad
=== superm1 [n=superm1@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #launchpad
=== mwh [n=mwh@fwstups.cs.uni-duesseldorf.de] has joined #launchpad
=== lulu [n=lulu@] has joined #launchpad
=== lulu [n=lulu@] has left #launchpad []
ubotuNew bug: #107635 in launchpad "Assignee receives an email saying 'subscribed', should say assigned" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10763509:00
=== Bhaskar1 [n=Bhaskar1@] has joined #launchpad
=== BjornT [n=bjorn@canonical/launchpad/BjornT] has joined #launchpad
=== fernando1 [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-03d1356937914f5f] has joined #launchpad
=== Rinchen [n=joey@canonical/launchpad/rinchen] has joined #launchpad
=== carlos_ [n=carlos@163.pool85-48-166.static.orange.es] has joined #launchpad
=== carlos_ is now known as carlos
=== mthaddon [n=mthaddon@canonical/launchpad/mthaddon] has joined #launchpad
=== bigjools [n=ed@canonical/launchpad/bigjools] has joined #launchpad
=== fernando1 [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-5424d38e69c1eb19] has joined #launchpad
=== schwuk [n=dave@ubuntu/member/schwuk] has joined #launchpad
=== sabdfl [n=sabdfl@ubuntu/member/pdpc.silver.sabdfl] has joined #launchpad
=== mrevell [n=matthew@canonical/launchpad/mrevell] has joined #launchpad
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #launchpad
=== ddaa [n=david@canonical/launchpad/ddaa] has joined #launchpad
=== jkakar [n=jkakar@yttrium.canonical.com] has joined #launchpad
=== WaterSevenUb [n=WaterSev@242-34.dial.nortenet.pt] has joined #launchpad
=== zyga [n=zyga@ubuntu/member/zyga] has joined #launchpad
=== jsgotangco [i=3a47330f@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #launchpad
=== thumper [n=tim@canonical/launchpad/thumper] has joined #launchpad
=== ny38 [n=unseen@203-214-41-42.dyn.iinet.net.au] has joined #launchpad
=== schwuk [n=dave@ubuntu/member/schwuk] has joined #launchpad
=== zyga [n=zyga@ubuntu/member/zyga] has joined #launchpad
=== jenda_ is now known as jenda
=== Gwaihir [n=Gwaihir@mail.foredil.it] has joined #launchpad
=== _keturn [n=acapnoti@pdpc/supporter/sustaining/keturn] has joined #launchpad
=== pochu [n=emilio@ubuntu/member/pochu] has joined #launchpad
=== effie_jayx [n=l3ap@] has joined #launchpad
=== stu1 [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #launchpad
=== AlexLatchford [n=alex@82-44-193-109.cable.ubr07.haye.blueyonder.co.uk] has joined #launchpad
=== LeeJunFan [n=junfan@s64-186-37-120.skycon.net] has joined #launchpad
=== neversfelde [n=chrman@nrbg-4db44441.pool.einsundeins.de] has joined #launchpad
=== fcorrea [n=fcorrea@c9537238.virtua.com.br] has joined #launchpad
=== RAOF [n=chris@60-242-199-65.tpgi.com.au] has joined #launchpad
=== LeeJunFan_ [n=junfan@s64-186-37-120.skycon.net] has joined #launchpad
=== Fujitsu [n=william@ubuntu/member/fujitsu] has joined #launchpad
=== TeTeT [n=spindler@modemcable178.77-70-69.static.videotron.ca] has joined #launchpad
=== TeTeT_ [n=spindler@modemcable178.77-70-69.static.videotron.ca] has joined #launchpad
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #launchpad
=== AlinuxOS [n=vsichi@host177-127-dynamic.2-79-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #launchpad
=== cprov-out is now known as cprov
cprovmorning !01:30
=== Rinchen [n=joey@canonical/launchpad/rinchen] has joined #launchpad
=== bac [n=bac@canonical/launchpad/bac] has joined #launchpad
=== ded_ [n=ded@lor34-1-82-240-239-109.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #launchpad
=== ded__ [n=ded@lor34-1-82-240-239-109.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #launchpad
=== mrevell [n=matthew@canonical/launchpad/mrevell] has joined #launchpad
sinzuinick sinzui02:18
=== TeTeT [n=spindler@modemcable178.77-70-69.static.videotron.ca] has joined #launchpad
popeycan I get a support ticket edited, someone has added a username/password to it02:38
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #launchpad
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #launchpad
=== carlos -> lunch
=== LarstiQ [n=larstiq@cust.7.157.adsl.cistron.nl] has joined #launchpad
=== barry [n=barry@canonical/launchpad/barry] has joined #launchpad
=== zyga [n=zyga@ubuntu/member/zyga] has joined #launchpad
kikopopey, you can't easily. stu1 or mthaddon may help02:57
=== popey pokes stu1 and mthaddon with support ticket number 4964
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #launchpad
=== zyga [n=zyga@ubuntu/member/zyga] has joined #launchpad
stu1popey: comment nuked03:03
=== stu1 is now known as stub
popeythank you03:04
=== mongolito404 [n=pbu@colos01.info.fundp.ac.be] has joined #launchpad
=== niemeyer [n=niemeyer@yttrium.canonical.com] has joined #launchpad
Theunihmm. shoot.03:09
Theunii forgot which admin can help me with a milestone that is in the wrong release series.03:10
=== schwuk [n=dave@ubuntu/member/schwuk] has joined #launchpad
=== caravena [n=caravena@125-161-223-201.adsl.terra.cl] has joined #launchpad
kikoTheuni, maybe I can!03:18
=== mongolito404 [n=pbu@colos01.info.fundp.ac.be] has left #launchpad []
=== flacoste [n=francis@modemcable040.144-201-24.mc.videotron.ca] has joined #launchpad
flacostehey kiko!03:20
kikohey old boy03:20
kikohow's it going03:20
flacostenot bad, i hope to finish the first draft of the AnswerSpec today!03:21
kikotell me all about it03:22
flacosteit's basically a fleshing out of SupportFAQSpec03:23
flacostebut with the renaming of the application, I thought that Answer was a better name03:24
kikoah! Answer. of course.03:24
flacosteit's a first spec which just the basic functionality, with a bunch of possible future developments in the "Unresolved section" :-)03:24
kikovery cool03:24
=== samiam__ [n=samurai@74-134-139-205.dhcp.insightbb.com] has joined #launchpad
=== OgMaciel [n=omaciel@ubuntu/member/gnukemist] has joined #launchpad
=== _Neil [n=neil@unaffiliated/neil-] has joined #launchpad
=== Gwaihir [n=Gwaihir@mail.foredil.it] has joined #launchpad
=== schwuk [n=dave@ubuntu/member/schwuk] has joined #launchpad
=== samiam__ is now known as samiam
=== samiam [n=samurai@74-134-139-205.dhcp.insightbb.com] has joined #launchpad
=== nixternal [n=nixterna@ubuntu/member/nixternal] has joined #launchpad
=== salgado [n=salgado@canonical/launchpad/salgado] has joined #launchpad
=== jtv [n=jtv@125-24-218-230.adsl.totbb.net] has joined #launchpad
=== nixternal [n=nixterna@ubuntu/member/nixternal] has joined #launchpad
SteveAWelcome to this week's launchpad development meeting04:00
SteveAFor the next 45 minutes or so, we'll be coordinating and reporting on Launchpad development04:00
kikogood morning everybody04:00
SteveAwho is here today?04:00
thumperhere, for a change04:00
=== caravena_ [n=caravena@159-171-28.adsl.terra.cl] has joined #launchpad
SteveA== Apologies ==04:02
SteveA * carlos: "I will be on public holiday"04:02
SteveA * ddaa: "will be on a sprint with thumper"04:02
SteveA * jamesh (in Sydney)04:02
SteveAis that right?04:02
kikohi jamesh 04:02
jameshthat's an old apology for me04:02
carlosSteveA: I switched it with Monday04:02
ddaaActually, I made it :)04:02
carlosso I'm working today04:02
SteveA== Agenda ==04:02
SteveA * Roll call04:02
SteveA * Agenda04:02
SteveA * Next meeting04:02
=== schwuk [n=dave@ubuntu/member/schwuk] has joined #launchpad
SteveA * Activity reports04:02
SteveA * Actions from last meeting04:02
SteveA * Oops report (Matsubara)04:02
SteveA * Bug report (Joey - [wiki:JoeyStanford/topweeklybugs Current Top Items] )04:02
SteveA * Bug tags04:02
SteveA * Production and staging (Stuart)04:02
SteveA * Launchpad 1.0 status reports04:03
SteveA * Sysadmin requests ([wiki:JoeyStanford/toprtrequests Current Queue] )04:03
SteveA * A top user-affecting issue (mrevell)04:03
SteveA * Launchpad buzz report (mrevell)04:03
SteveA * Ubuntu Open Week - Launchpad session hosts - please contact mrevell to arrange a call to discuss your session (mrevell)04:03
SteveA * (other items)04:03
SteveA * Three sentences04:03
SteveAnext meeting:04:04
SteveAsame time next week04:04
SteveAwill anyone be absent?04:04
SteveA== Actions from last meeting ==04:04
SteveA * mpt to correct the Activity reports section in DevelopmentMeeting2007040504:04
SteveAmpt: did you do that?04:04
SteveAthank you04:04
SteveA * Activity reports04:04
SteveAI'm not up to date04:04
stubup to date04:04
mthaddonup to date04:04
carlosup to date04:05
bigjoolsup to date04:05
matsubaranot up to date04:05
jameshI'm not up to date04:05
salgadonot up to date04:05
sinzuiup to date04:05
cprovup to date04:05
BjornTup to date04:05
flacosteup to date04:05
bacup to date04:05
thumpernot up to date04:05
mrevellnot up to date - will rectify after meeting04:05
allenapup to date04:05
barryup to date04:05
jtvup to date04:05
ddaanot up to date since the sprint started04:05
kikonot either, gar04:05
daniloskept up to date (still missing two weeks from march)04:05
statikup to date04:05
SteveAthumper: you're sprinting with ddaa04:05
SteveA== People who were lax with activity reporting last week ==04:05
SteveA * cprov04:05
SteveA * danilos04:05
SteveA * jamesh04:05
SteveA * jml04:05
mptup to date04:05
SteveA * kiko04:05
SteveA * salgado04:05
SteveAis that list correct?04:05
danilosSteveA: yeah, except that I missed those two weeks in March, but have been sending them regularly last couple of weeks04:06
SteveA * Oops report (Matsubara)04:06
matsubaraToday's oops report is about bugs 107575, 107580, 10530304:06
ubotuMalone bug 107575 in malone "Launchpad should handle invalid blob encoding better" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10757504:06
ubotuMalone bug 107580 in launchpad-answers "Redirection code is broken for /support" [Undecided,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10758004:06
ubotuMalone bug 105303 in rosetta "Visiting 'Change translator' form fails with NoCanonicalUrl" [Undecided,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10530304:06
matsubaraBjornT: can you check bug 107575?04:07
ddaaWhat about the oopses from the branch scanner caused by the encoding bug in the email generation code?04:07
flacostematsubara: i can take 107580 04:07
BjornTmatsubara: yeah, i'll check it out.04:07
matsubaraBjornT: it seems like the blob has invalid encoding or data, but I couldn't find the blob to attach to the bug.04:07
danilos105303 is a duplicate of another I reported yesterday04:07
matsubarathanks flacoste and BjornT 04:08
matsubaradanilos: which I already duped :-) can you take it? or maybe assign it to jtv 04:08
carlosdanilos: I'm searching it but I don't see it...04:08
carlosmatsubara: oh, thanks04:08
kikoBjornT, I think it should be easy to reproduce and you can ping the end-user for his apport ID maybe?04:08
danilosmatsubara: is it maybe OOPSing too much since I tried to get to that page like a dozen times last couple of days? :)04:09
matsubaraddaa: I thought you're on it?04:09
ddaaI identified the problem, but then had a sprint...04:09
BjornTmatsubara, kiko: yeah, it should be easy to reproduce. the hardest part will be how to deal with it properly, since it's not easy to tell apport that there was an error.04:10
ddaawas slack, did not file a bug, just told thumper face to face about it04:10
=== schwuk [n=dave@ubuntu/member/schwuk] has joined #launchpad
danilosjtv: have you recently worked on something similar? want to look at 105303 (carlos suggests it's just a missing structural data, but I haven't looked into it)04:10
jtvdanilos: I've worked in that general area, yes04:10
jtvdanilos: when I first saw this one I even thought it might've been me, so I checked that.04:10
jtvit wasn't.04:10
carlosI can take it 04:10
daniloscarlos: don't you have something else to do? :)04:11
matsubaraddaa: I'll file a bug. can you guys take care of it while sprinting?04:11
carlosI fixed already some of the structural object problems04:11
jtvdanilos: we all have something else to do!04:11
carlosand plan to fix others04:11
ddaamatsubara: thumper tells me jamesh filed a bug already04:11
thumpermatsubara: yes, we'll fix it tomorrow morning04:11
carlosdanilos: mostly done...04:11
danilosjtv: well, sure, so carlos can be my guest :)04:11
jtvyay for carlos04:11
jameshsomeone else filed the bug.  I just linked it up to the OOPS's04:12
matsubaragreat. I'm done SteveA 04:12
SteveAthanks matsubara 04:12
matsubarathanks everyone.04:12
SteveA * Bug report04:12
RinchenMore yay for carlos: Congrats to carlos for fixing Bug #102382 & Bug #10244904:12
ubotuMalone bug 102382 in rosetta "Translations are getting marked as "needing review" on each upload, preventing complete translation of Ubuntu for the release" [Critical,Fix released]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/102382 - Assigned to Carlos Perell Marn (carlos)04:12
ubotuMalone bug 102449 in rosetta "upstream translations doesn't update rosetta ones when it should" [Critical,Fix released]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/102449 - Assigned to Carlos Perell Marn (carlos)04:12
RinchenCongrats to sinzui for fixing Bug #10235704:13
Rinchen == bug list ==04:13
RinchenBug #30602 - kiko - 2006-02-06 - Rosetta, Critical, in progress - Lots of OOPSes. kiko, any chance to work on this, this week?04:13
carlosRinchen: thanks04:13
kikoI have a lot of backlog04:13
ubotuMalone bug 102357 in launchpad-answers "TypeError when requesting +tickets on an empty project" [Critical,Fix committed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/102357 - Assigned to Curtis Hovey (sinzui-is)04:13
ubotuMalone bug 30602 in rosetta "Timeout errors in +translate" [Critical,In progress]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/30602 - Assigned to Christian Reis (kiko)04:13
kikobut who else is going to do this work?04:13
=== glatzor [n=sebi@host-82-135-29-2.customer.m-online.net] has joined #launchpad
carloskiko: we will be happy to take that task from you if you don't have time04:13
Rinchenkiko, can it be assigned to someone else or does it need your loving touch?04:13
RinchenBug #46982 - danilo - 2006-05-27 - Rosetta, Critical, not started - Infrastructure issues - Blocked on Firefox import. Carlos had to delay working on this to accomplish the 1.0 roll-out.  carlos/danilo/jtv - will this be set aside to work on readying gutsy translations?04:13
ubotuMalone bug 46982 in rosetta "Need to support KDE like plural forms" [Critical,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/46982 - Assigned to   (danilo)04:13
kikocarlos, Rinchen: I can't really see anyone else doing this work the way it needs to be done04:14
RinchenBug #52707, 2006-07-11, cprov, Soyuz, Critical, in progress - celso, how goes the battle?04:14
ubotuMalone bug 52707 in soyuz "please propagate -security uploads to -updates" [Critical,In progress]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/52707 - Assigned to JulianEdwards (julian-edwards)04:14
ubotuMalone bug 2006 in launchpad "Deactivated memberships should be hidden" [Medium,Fix released]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/2006 - Assigned to Guilherme Salgado (salgado)04:14
carlosRinchen: we are near to unblock that bug04:14
glatzorhi carlos. ist it possible to reset translations to follow the upstream path?04:14
jtvcarlos: should I look at 30602?04:14
danilosRinchen: carlos is almost ready with his FF work, and I can already start on that based on his branch if he thinks it's fine04:14
kikoRinchen, I just finished reviewing that patch04:14
Rinchenkiko, ok, you're on the hook04:14
Rinchencarlos, time estimate? rough is ok04:14
kikocarlos, if you wanna work on timeouts, get the second-phase rosetta db work in?04:14
kikoRinchen, careful with time estimates from carlos!04:14
carlosRinchen: Jeroen and I have a plan that will allow firefox branch to be reviewed later today or Monday (I'm on vacations tomorrow)04:14
kikogood job carlos jtv! :)04:15
jtvRinchen: basically, we sacrifice a goat and then...04:15
bigjoolsrinchen: 52707 is very close to landing04:15
RinchenBug #90384 (Private) - jamesh - 2007-03-07 - Critical, not started - jamesh - when can you fit this in?04:15
ubotuBug 90384 on http://launchpad.net/bugs/90384 is private04:15
Rinchenbigjools, great, thanks04:15
kikobigjools, good job on a very clean patch04:15
Rinchencarlos, great, thanks. Looking forward to seeing that closed04:15
bigjoolsthanks kiko, some small issues remaining still I see :)04:15
carlosglatzor: yes, but let's talk after the meeting, please04:15
jameshgarr.  I didn't update the status on that bug last week (the page was taking ages to load)04:15
Rinchenjtv, no comment04:15
=== Rinchen laughs.
cprovbigjools: great job ! 04:15
bigjoolsthanks cprov04:15
glatzorcarlos: oh, sorry. I wasn't aware of this04:15
RinchenBug #91089, first reported on 2007-03-10, danilo, Rosetta, Critical, started - danilo, thanks for picking this up. Any blockers?04:15
carloskiko: well, we could finish with your current approach and then do second DB optimisation thing04:15
ubotuMalone bug 91089 in rosetta "Email address can be viewed by users who are not logged in" [Critical,In progress]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/91089 - Assigned to   (danilo)04:15
kikobigjools, I have not lost sight of the big picture (and it is pretty)04:16
danilosRinchen: no, it's supposed to land soon (reviewed already)04:16
kikocarlos, no, they are orthogonal.04:16
Rinchendanilos, great thanks04:16
RinchenBug #92484 - jml - 2007-03-15 - BZR Integration, Critical, in review and progressing well. cscvs and Launchpad now work (i.e. tests pass) with bzr 0.15. The changes break compatibility with the old bzr, so some PQM hackery will need to be done. mthaddon and lifeless are aware, so we should expect to see the upgrade soon. ddaa/jml - updates?04:16
ubotuMalone bug 92484 in launchpad-bazaar "Support for Branch Format 6" [Critical,In progress]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/92484 - Assigned to Jonathan Lange (jml)04:16
kikocarlos, you don't need to wait or order them 04:16
RinchenBug #105855, first reported on 2007-04-12, Rosetta, Critical, not started, not assigned - carlos, are you taking this one?04:16
ubotuMalone bug 105855 in rosetta "Finish gettext-po bindings and use that parser for imports" [High,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10585504:16
carloskiko: ok, let's talk about it also after the meeting, ok?04:16
RinchenBug #107068, first reported on 2007-04-16, cprov, Critical, in progress. cprov - any progress since the 16th?04:16
ubotuBug 107068 on http://launchpad.net/bugs/107068 is private04:16
ddaaRinchen: last i heard about it, it was in the hands of Tom who was trying to land the code.04:16
carlosRinchen: that's not critical anymore (since this morning)04:17
Rinchenddaa, thanks. mthaddon?04:17
LarstiQddaa: Lord?04:17
carlosRinchen: it's affected by our Gutsy work04:17
ddaaLarstiQ: no, we've got another Tom here04:17
Rinchencarlos, ok, great. 04:17
ddaaand that one is actually helpful04:17
carlosso we will schedule it, but it will not be a blocker04:17
kikocarlos, sure.04:17
Rinchenjamesh, when you can, please update the report.04:17
cprovRinchen: I'm investigating the real cause of the problem, yet04:17
Rinchencprov, thanks.  04:18
mthaddonRinchen: if that's related to this morning's cherry pick then it was completed04:18
Rinchenany final comments before we end bugs?04:18
=== ..[topic/#launchpad:mpt] : Launchpad 1.0 public beta, https://launchpad.net/ | Next developer meeting: Thu 25 Apr 2007, 1400UTC (wiki:MeetingAgenda) | launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com (wiki:MailingLists) | Channel logs: http://tinyurl.com/72w39
Rinchenmthaddon, different04:18
kikoRinchen, matsubara has been giving me some daily updates04:18
mthaddonok, thx04:18
Rinchenmthaddon, I'll chat with you and ddaa post meeting04:18
mthaddonsounds good04:18
RinchenSteveA, back to you.04:18
kikowe had 5 new bugs filed on wednesday 04:18
kiko4 dupes, one reject04:18
SteveAthanks Rinchen 04:18
kikowe had 15 new bugs filed yesterday04:19
SteveA * Bug tags04:19
kikoI'm curious for today04:19
SteveAthere are no new bug tags04:19
=== ..[topic/#launchpad:mpt] : Launchpad 1.0 public beta, https://launchpad.net/ | Next developer meeting: Thu 26 Apr 2007, 1400UTC (wiki:MeetingAgenda) | launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com (wiki:MailingLists) | Channel logs: http://tinyurl.com/72w39
SteveA * Production and staging (Stuart)04:19
=== mpt can't count
kikowe have 410 unconfirmed right now.04:19
stubProduction systems where updated on Monday. Went fine except for soyuz regressions so the code on drescher was rolled back to the previous production release.04:19
stubbeta is now running Mark's branch and ready for testing on a three hourly code update cycle. Do we need to do gardening of the launhpad-beta-testers team?04:19
stubstaging is now entirely Tom's baby. Good riddence :)04:19
stubWe are now in database freeze, as per email to the mailing list.04:19
stubedge is happily running launchpad/devel HEAD, updated daily.04:19
mthaddonthanks stub :)04:19
mrevellstub: What sort of gardening do you have in mind?04:19
SteveAstub: are we directing beta testers to beta?04:19
daniloswhen can we expect carbon back (if ever)?04:20
SteveAdanilos: next week04:20
danilosSteveA: ok, thanks04:20
stubSteveA: No anouncements, and no automatic redirect yet. Code only just went live.04:20
stubmrevell: I don't know if we need to prune the team and get people to reagree to anything.04:20
SteveAstub: we also should change teh "banner" on beta04:20
stubdanilos: A week or two04:20
SteveAto say what's being tested with a link to a page about it04:21
=== schwuk [n=dave@ubuntu/member/schwuk] has joined #launchpad
SteveAstub: I'll talk with mark about that04:21
mrevellstub: The only agreement we have is that they won't post screen shots of the beta interface. So, it's probably one for sabdfl to decide.04:21
SteveAmrevell: no need to prune the team or get people to agree to anything04:21
stubyup. I'm just mentioning it since I just thought of it :)04:21
SteveAmrevell: mark will be mailing people about it04:21
=== _Neil [n=neil@unaffiliated/neil-] has left #launchpad ["Konversation]
mrevellSteveA: okay, cool04:21
SteveAall done04:22
SteveA * Sysadmin requests04:22
RinchenThere are no special requests at this time. I am tracking all of the normal priority items.04:22
mrevellI have number #26785 which is a request for planet.bazaar-vcs.org04:23
SteveAthere are some that are kind of internal to the sysadmin team, but that affect launchpad development and deployment04:23
mrevellthe Bazaar community would like to see this happen. I have chased the RT request.04:23
Rinchenmrevell, I have it and am tracking. Do you need that elevated?04:23
SteveA - mthaddon needs access to the machine vanadium04:23
SteveA - we have a new app server box awaiting deployment04:23
mrevellRinchen: Not just yet as I only just rechased yesterday. thanks.04:23
mthaddonI've created an RT ticket about Vanadium access04:23
SteveAmthaddon: please tell Rinchen the RT number04:23
=== lbm [n=lbm@] has joined #launchpad
mthaddonRinchen: 2766204:24
SteveAmthaddon: please add an RT ticket to track bringing the new app server box up04:24
mthaddonwill do04:24
Rinchenmthaddon, thanks. It's still in the incoming queue. I'll add it to my list.04:24
SteveAthanks mthaddon 04:24
SteveA * A top user-affecting issue (mrevell)04:25
mrevellWe have two similar annoyances this week, both to do with the Answers system. 04:25
kikoanswers and annoyances!04:25
=== dungodung [n=felix@wikipedia/dungodung] has joined #launchpad
=== SteveA waits to hear what these issues are
mrevellFirst: A member of the Ubuntu community has recently been offering answers that some Ubuntu support contacts consider to be unhelpful. 04:27
mrevellAlan Pope, he of elevated karma, has raised the issue of whether the Answer Tracker may become less useful as more people discover it. In Ubuntu's case, there is a dedicated team of support contacts who answer requests for help. There are also some people, with less experience, who mostly have good intentions but risk reducing the quality of answers. There's also a small minority who attempt to answer many support request, in order to bo04:27
ddaayou got cut off04:28
flacostemrevell: where were these issues raised?04:28
SteveAthis reminds me of a discussion that statik and I had about a feature the silva people would like to use04:28
popeyin prv earlier04:28
ddaa... support request, in order to bo04:28
ddaayou got cut there04:28
flacosteboost karma?04:28
SteveAwhere a team is particularly designated as the primary support providers for a particular project04:28
SteveAand that team's answers would be specially flagged04:29
kikoSteveA, flacoste: I have an idea and a plan for this04:29
kikoit is also related to a malone bug reported04:29
jameshso is the issue how a user can tell whether the answers they are getting are from official people or random third parties04:29
kikojamesh is on the right track04:29
kikowe need a way to identify important people04:29
SteveAmrevell: ... many support requests, in order to bo [transmission ends] 04:29
flacostekiko: can you mail the list about your idea?04:29
popeys/important/trustworthy ?04:30
jameshIIRC, some of the Ubuntu developers have asked about similar stuff in the bug tracker04:30
SteveAmrevell: post in several shorter lines, not one long line04:30
kikoflacoste, let's chat about it. maybe flacoste, BjornT and me?04:30
jameshdon't have the bug number handy though04:30
flacostekiko: ok04:30
kikojamesh, that's what I was talking about04:30
SteveAkiko, flacoste: please also involve statik 04:30
popeyproblem is you are in danger of creating a two-tier system04:30
popeywhich already exists on irc - ops and non-ops04:30
popeybut doesnt really exist in launchpad as such - specifically for answers.04:30
SteveAops have superpowers04:31
SteveAso it's a bit of different situation04:31
jtvpopey: doesn't have to be two _tiers_.  Think of 'em as merit badges.04:31
mthaddonwithout it, there's a lot of overlap between answers and ubuntuforums...04:31
SteveAmrevell: still there?04:31
popeyi was merely suggesting that people might let the power go to their head04:31
jameshpopey: there is no reason that the "Ubuntu answer guys" team would be the same as the Ubuntu developers team04:31
danilosso, we just need to allow grading answers? (hey, j/k :)04:31
popeydanilos: there is a problem there, people *ask* for grading04:31
popeyi have seen it in other support systems04:32
popeypeople tack on the end of their messages "if this was useful give me stars!" or somethingf04:32
popeygets tiresome to see04:32
flacostepopey: we already have the 'This answer solved my problem', now they want a numberic raing!?!04:32
ddaanot looking forward to seeing even more karma whoring04:32
stub<offtopic>lp is currently sitting on about 33 hits/sec, which is roughly 10 hits/sec more than the same time yesterday04:32
danilospopey: wasn't that discussed to death already (which is why I made this, I guess, a bad joke)?04:32
SteveAthanks for raising the issue04:32
popeyflacoste: that doesn't work though04:32
popeypeople reply to their own question saying "thanks" then mark *that* as the answer04:33
SteveAas we have only a limited time for this meeting04:33
SteveAI ask that other discussion wait until later04:33
popeywas thinking I could write a spec for UDS about it?04:33
SteveAwill any answer tracker people be at UDS?04:33
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #launchpad
SteveAkiko will be there04:33
kikoyes I will04:34
popeyi will be there :)04:34
SteveAmrevell: are you here?04:34
SteveAthe remaining agenda items are for mrevell.  he is apparently not here.04:34
SteveAso let's skip forward to three sentences, and go back to the other items if mrevell comes back.04:34
SteveA * Three sentences04:34
RinchenDONE: Sprinting at Steve's04:34
RinchenTODO: Lots of Laundry, lots of sprint notes04:34
RinchenBLOCKED: none.04:34
mptDONE: help panel, 1.0 bug page (except doctests), FAQ, bug filing04:34
mptTODO: land bug page, template cleanup, review 1.0 specs, bug fixes04:34
mptBLOCKED: no04:34
stubDONE: Transaction isolation fixes, dba & production stuff, almost all OpenID04:34
stubTODO: Finish OpenID 04:34
stubBLOCKED: No04:34
flacosteDONE: TestsStyleGuide, started AnswerSpec, land microsite update, reviews, Feisty update04:34
flacosteTODO: AnswerSpec, LiveHelpSpec, reviews04:34
flacosteBLOCKED: no04:34
matsubaraDONE: triage unconfirmed, meeting with kiko, oops report, fixed 9416404:34
matsubaraTODO: more triage, much more!04:34
matsubaraBLOCKED: no04:34
statikDONE: finished london sprint, ignored email, landed old branch, patch for support04:34
statikTODO: land support patch, docs, followup with customers04:34
statikBlocked: no04:34
salgadoDONE: Shipit, some code review, lots of mirror prober testing/coordination with the sysadmins and some small fixes (#46662, #68395 and #107473). Also started fixing bug 70519.04:35
salgadoTODO: Finish with 70519. More shipit, code review and random things.04:35
salgadoBLOCKED: No04:35
ubotuMalone bug 70519 in launchpad "Need to allow team members to renew their own membership once it gets close to the membership's expiration date" [High,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/70519 - Assigned to Guilherme Salgado (salgado)04:35
allenapDONE: bug-81014 (not complete), bug-103364 (reviewed by flacoste, needs-reply)04:35
allenapTODO: finish bug-81014 and bug-103364. new bugs have been assigned by Rinchen and BjornT04:35
allenapBLOCKED: no04:35
ddaaDONE: sprint with thumper04:35
ddaaTODO: sprint, write out specs, make code imports better04:35
ddaaBLOCKED:sign-off on security level for the code import system.04:35
thumperDONE: went to London office, ACCU conference, design sprint with ddaa04:35
thumperTODO: private branches, help write up specs from design sprint04:35
thumperBLOCKED: no04:35
jameshDONE: code review, storm support prep, beta-link-to-production branch04:35
jameshTODO: code reviews, storm support04:35
jameshBLOCKED: no04:35
bacDONE: File mgmt implementation, informal review of Redfish04:35
bacTODO: Finish file mgmt, commercialization use-cases, design; reviewer training04:35
mthaddonDONE: Staging setup and learning/documenting04:35
bacBLOCKED: No04:35
BjornTDONE: holiday. sick leave. code reviews. bug fixes.04:35
BjornTTODO: code reviews. ubuntu open week. lp closing bugs via04:35
BjornTBLOCKED: no04:35
sinzuiDONE: A lot of refactoring of 'Show unsupported questions' (75487), Added 'Question retargeting' to (34050) to PendingReviews.04:35
sinzuiTODO:  'Notification for questing in peferred languages only' (81369), 'Show original support requesters username' (89100)04:35
sinzuiBLOCKED: No.04:35
barryDONE: testsuiterepair branch, team mailing lists phase two design meeting04:35
barryTODO: finish updating phase two docs, work on phase three docs04:35
barryBLOCKED: No04:35
danilosDONE: more ooo migration script optimisations (ready for executing), bug 46156, bug 91089, fixed missing references for pomsgset.reviewer, set language info in DB04:35
danilosTODO: finish 46156, discuss ff-export with jtv, schedule gutsy-related tasks, Rosetta chat in Ubuntu OpenWeek (arrange with mrevell)04:35
danilosBLOCKED: no04:35
ubotuMalone bug 46156 in rosetta "Broken .po file format export for Quanta" [High,In progress]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/46156 - Assigned to   (danilo)04:35
mthaddonTODO: more of the same, more involvement in Production04:35
ubotuMalone bug 91089 in rosetta "Email address can be viewed by users who are not logged in" [Critical,In progress]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/91089 - Assigned to   (danilo)04:35
bigjoolsTODO: NSS04:35
bigjoolsDONE: Close to landing NSS stage one.  #50399 started then put to one side04:35
bigjoolsBLOCKED: no04:35
jtvDONE: A few bug fixes; discussions on Firefox, Gutsy, OpenOffice.org04:35
jtvTODO: Finish #1882, Firefox XPI export from Rosetta, assist PO import design04:35
jtvBLOCKED: no04:35
mthaddonBLOCKED: vanadium access04:35
carlosDONE: Debugged a problem with performance and filed bug #105855, Investigate packages in Feisty that lacks a .pot update, Firefox support, bug #102449 review and merge. Started with the plan to support Gutsy.04:35
carlosTODO: Finish Firefox imports ask a review and move the remaining bits to Jeroen's queue. Write new poimport spec, fix bug #105303. Schedule Gutsy tasks04:35
carlosBLOCKED: no04:35
ubotuMalone bug 105855 in rosetta "Finish gettext-po bindings and use that parser for imports" [High,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10585504:35
ubotuMalone bug 102449 in rosetta "upstream translations doesn't update rosetta ones when it should" [Critical,Fix released]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/102449 - Assigned to Carlos Perell Marn (carlos)04:35
ubotuMalone bug 105303 in rosetta "Visiting 'Change translator' form fails with NoCanonicalUrl" [Undecided,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/105303 - Assigned to Carlos Perell Marn (carlos)04:35
cprovDONE: soyuz rollout/rollback (due to cataclysm branch issues), fix cataclysm issues, working on bug #32261 (slave-scanner proper build result collecting) and NativeSourceSyncing.04:35
cprovTODO: gutsy opening + archive removal (warty/hoary/breezy)04:35
cprovBLOCKED: no04:35
ubotuMalone bug 32261 in soyuz "Buildmaster doesn't ensure the package was accepted before mark the build as FULLYBUILT" [High,In progress]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/32261 - Assigned to Celso Providelo (cprov)04:35
Rinchenmthaddon, copy the block04:35
kikoDONE: code reviews, some coding, coordination and reviews04:35
kikoTODO: more reviews, fix up final coordination issues04:36
jtvkiko: you haven't reviewed #88826 though!04:36
kikoBLOCKED: nope04:36
kikojtv, will do now04:36
SteveADONE: meetings in london, meetings in amsterdam with joey04:36
SteveATODO: vacation mon-wed next week04:36
SteveABLOCKED: no04:36
=== mrevell_ [n=matthew@62-30-68-94.cable.ubr05.wolv.blueyonder.co.uk] has joined #launchpad
=== mrevell_ is now known as mrevell
SteveAmrevell: back?04:37
mrevellSteveA: I think so04:38
mrevellDone: Ubuntu Open Week prep, Launchpad tour redesign, blog04:38
mrevellTodo: Ubuntu Open Week sessions, Launchpad tour redesign, blog, identify upstreams we can work more closely with, user meeting04:38
mrevellBlocked: No04:38
SteveAthanks mrevell 04:38
SteveAmrevell: your text was truncated earlier04:38
=== Yannig [n=yannick@AToulouse-157-1-72-222.w81-50.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #launchpad
mrevellI have posted it to the mailing list.04:38
SteveAmrevell: ... many support requests, in order to bo [transmission ends] 04:38
YannigHello everybody :)04:38
SteveA * Ubuntu Open Week - Launchpad session hosts - please contact mrevell to arrange a call to discuss your session (mrevell)04:39
danilosheya Yannig04:39
YannigIs that normal that we are not able any more to translate OpenOffice through Rosetta?04:39
YannigHello danilos :)04:39
mrevellSteveA: would you like me to repost now?04:39
mrevellOr leave it to the mailing list?04:39
mrevellEveryone taking part in the Ubuntu Open Week sessions, please ping me after the meeting to organise a call where we can talk through your session.04:39
mrevellddaa, jml, BjornT, flacoste04:39
Yannigdanilos: Have you received my request for changing the Occitan team website?04:39
SteveAmrevell: we had some discussion about the first user-affecting issue04:39
danilosYannig: no, it's something we are dealing with at the moment to enable better translation; but please wait for after the LP meeting for discussion :)04:39
SteveAmrevell: you said there were two04:40
SteveAwhat is the second one?04:40
mrevellYes, I'll post the second now.04:40
SteveAYannig: 5 mins04:40
mrevellSecond: In another case, someone posted their username and password in a support request. Would it be possible to enhance the support contact system so that a project can select trusted support contacts, who could then edit questions and answers? At present, they have to request the help of one of the Launchpad team.04:40
popey(which to be fair was actioned quickly)04:40
kikomrevell, editing history is always tricky.04:40
kikoI don't like the idea of support contacts editing history04:40
kikoI am okay with an admin function to do it04:41
SteveAwe could allow them to remove the request04:41
SteveAflagged as "inappropriate"04:41
flacostemrevell, kiko: we have a bug about hiding some comments04:41
popeyhow about redacting an entire comment?04:41
popeyhiding it?04:41
SteveAas it is inappropriate to post login details04:41
kikoone that doesn't involve DB 04:41
kikothat's a possibility04:41
SteveAwe need this anyway04:41
kikohiding comments04:41
SteveAto flag spam etc.04:41
=== shirish [n=Administ@] has joined #launchpad
Yannigdanilos: Thanks :)04:41
mrevellI think flagging comments as inappropriate, to be dealt with by the project owner, could be a good way to doit.04:42
shirishcan anybody help me in creating a page in wiki or this is the wrong place to ask for that?04:42
flacostebug 8535804:42
ubotuMalone bug 85358 in launchpad-answers "Allow hiding inappropriate comment " [Medium,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8535804:42
mptbug 8535804:42
mptdarn, too slow04:42
jtvshirish: you walked right into a meeting :)04:42
Yannigdanilos: For the Occitan website, I've been waiting for a SVN account for January 4th (and still no answer :o() so it's not in a hurry04:42
shirishjtv: ok sorry guys04:42
jtvshirish: almost done04:42
SteveAshirish: it's no problem04:42
shirishthanx guys04:42
mptshirish, #ubuntu-doc might be better, depending on the type of page04:43
SteveAshirish: we'll be done in under 5 mins04:43
shirishsure, is it ok if I hang around or?04:43
SteveAmrevell: does that complete your top user-affecting issues?04:43
mrevellSteveA: Yes, the full text for issue one is on the mailing list04:43
jtvshirish: sure04:43
shirishjtv: thnx :)04:43
SteveAok, that's all folks04:45
SteveAthanks for being here04:45
danilosSteveA: thanks04:45
=== jtv rushes to be first in line for the bathroom
=== philiKON [n=philiKON@Z6f41.z.pppool.de] has joined #launchpad
flacostemrevell: ping04:45
jameshkiko / mrevell: this is the related bug for the bug tracker: https://bugs.launchpad.net/malone/+bug/8169204:46
ubotuMalone bug 81692 in malone "Display team emblem on bugs from project contributors" [Wishlist,Confirmed]   - Assigned to Christian Reis (kiko)04:46
mrevellflacoste: pong04:46
philiKONhow do i actualyl remove a member from team?04:46
shirishok who can help me in adding the wikiname thing04:46
philiKONi can only deactivate members it seems04:46
danilosYannig: my @gnome.org stuff is way backlogged, sorry about it04:46
carlosglatzor: so, what do you need?04:46
flacostemrevell: am I still on for the answer tracker session?04:46
philiKONwhile having improved recently, the launchpad UI still is a bit confusing sometimes04:46
mrevelljamesh: thanks04:46
jameshphiliKON: if they are deactivated, they have been removed from the team04:46
ddaamrevell: UOW, I thought that jml was doing it. But I'd be happy to take his place if there's a problem, that's why I volunteered.04:46
philiKONjamesh: aha04:47
mrevellflacoste: popey has agreed to take on the community side of things and to talk through actually using the system04:47
philiKONjamesh: then why the heck are they called "deactivated members"?04:47
philiKONthey're not members anymore?04:47
philiKONbut they're still called members04:47
philiKONthat's confusing04:47
jameshphiliKON: because they are former members04:47
Yannigdanilos: Do you mean you'd need me to send you again the mail?04:47
shirishguys, I'm having probs understanding this https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HelpOnPageCreation04:47
mrevellflacoste: I thought it would be good if we could also be there, to add a small part about how it can be useful for projects who are considering it04:47
flacostemrevell: ok, I do intend to attend so I can chip in if there is any development question04:47
mrevellflacoste: and to answer any specific quesiton04:47
philiKONjamesh: aha.04:47
=== niemeyer [n=niemeyer@yttrium.canonical.com] has joined #launchpad
mrevellflacoste: excellent thanks04:47
kikojamesh, 'Former members' is a better label indeed.04:47
kikosalgado, what do you think of ^^^04:47
LarstiQjtv: when you return from the bathroom, de groeten van Pieter Jansen04:47
philiKONyes, let's call it Former Members04:48
danilosYannig: as far as OOo is concerned, we are splitting it into more, smaller templates so you can actually provide proper translations for duplicated strings, but that's waiting for stub to have some time to execute the template migration we prepared (so we won't lose any existing data)04:48
carlosmrevell: I'm on vacations tomorrow so when do you want to have that call for next week's openweek ?04:48
mrevellddaa: Right, yes, jml has agreed to take part but I thought it was together with you.04:48
popeymrevell: ping me when you have a mo to talk about a call?04:48
flacostethanks popey for doing the presentation!04:48
jameshphiliKON: please file a bug about the terminology :)04:48
mrevellcarlos: when are you free today?04:48
popeynp flacoste, you dont mind?04:48
salgadokiko, yeah, I like that04:48
BjornTmrevell: ping. when can you have the call about ubuntu open week? for me, it'd be good to have it tomorrow in morning.04:48
philiKONwill do04:48
mrevellpopey: When's a good time for you?04:48
kikoflacoste, BjornT: #cm or something?04:48
danilosYannig: no, I mean that I have probably seen it, read it, but it needs acting on, so it's waiting for when I get more spare time :)04:48
kikosalgado, okay, rs=kiko 04:48
mrevellBjornT: What time suits you best?04:48
carlosmrevell: well, I guess just before leaving for the day04:48
carlosI need to talk with jtv04:48
flacostepopey: I don't mind at all, I think it's better if it's somebody actually doing Ubuntu support that does the presentation04:48
jameshphiliKON: we keep track of former members because it can be useful to know if someone requesting membership in a team has previously been a member04:49
danilosmrevell, carlos: hey, I should be involved in those discussions as well :)04:49
carlosand I would be all yours04:49
mrevellcarlos: So, that'd be around `18:00 UTC?04:49
Yannigdanilos: Great for OpenOffice (I just wanted to file a bug about it, for I just cannot have it in Occitan on my Ubuntu).04:49
popeycool flacoste 04:49
BjornTmrevell: any time after 0700 UTC, the earlier the better.04:49
danilosYannig: I hope we'll solve it asap04:49
carlosmrevell: that's more 16:00 UTC04:49
YannigFor my SVN account, I don't know if I should give up, I'm really fed up with that :(04:49
jameshphiliKON,kiko: actually, I don't think they are all former members: that list may include people who asked to join but were rejected04:49
carlosmrevell, danilos: hmm, yeah, makes sense to have the meeting at the same time :-)04:49
daniloscarlos: agreed :)04:50
mrevellcarlos, danilos: 17:00 UTC is good for me.04:50
carlosdanilos: ?04:51
glatzorcarlos: I fixed a wording issue in gnome-power-manager on the Rosetta level. Upstream did not use a consistent translation of suspend and hibernate (furthermore there was a third state stand-by that was actually suspend)04:51
daniloscarlos: sure04:52
mrevellBjornT: 07:00 UTC is fine by me.04:52
glatzorcarlos: I did the GNOME upstream translation, but used once again different terms since the German GNOME translators finally agreed on a consistent wording.04:52
flacostepopey: about your saying that 'This solved my problem' feedback is not working...04:52
=== shirish [n=Administ@] has left #launchpad []
BjornTmrevell: cool04:52
carlosglatzor: does it affect only to German translations?04:53
flacostepopey: you are actually saying that owner are adding a 'Thanks' while saying that they solved their problem themselve?04:53
mptglatzor, easy solution: merge the suspend and hibernate functions ;-)04:54
glatzorcarlos: I can only talk about the German translation.04:54
jtvflacoste: they might do it from a different login, to bo<EOF>ost their karma?04:54
flacostejtv: that would be too complicated04:54
jtvflacoste: I got the impression that that was the problem--i.e. that it was intentional.04:55
=== dneary [n=dneary@mne69-9-88-163-116-163.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #launchpad
flacostejtv: not too complicated, but too much hassle04:55
carlosglatzor: isn't just faster doing a manual fix for German? How  many strings are affected?04:55
glatzormpt: you don't have to convince me, but the hardware vendors 04:55
flacostejtv: yes, it's much easier to just click 'I solved my own problem' while saying thanks04:55
flacostejtv: it's near the same effect04:55
carlosglatzor: we usually fix them on DB side when it's a huge change, but a couple of changes... is better if you do it directly04:55
glatzorcarlos: you could remove all German translations of gnome-power-manager that have been done in Rosetta04:55
flacostejtv: plus, they can't do it from a different account, only the owner use that feedback feature04:56
carlosglatzor: how many strings are affected?04:56
glatzorcarlos: and how should I do this? Rosetta does not provide a search function yet :)04:56
glatzorcarlos: no idea to be honest.04:56
glatzorcarlos: I will check.04:56
carlosglatzor: downloading .po file fixing it and uploading it again..04:56
glatzorcarlos: Rosetta doesn't know ancestors of translations?04:57
=== shirish [n=Administ@] has joined #launchpad
carlosglatzor: if by ancestor you mean the one coming from upstream, yes04:57
glatzorcarlos: So if upstream and ROsetta are the same, Rosetta will follow upstream on the next update?04:57
glatzorcarlos: fine.04:57
glatzorcarlos: then I will fix it on my side.04:58
=== shirish [n=Administ@] has left #launchpad []
glatzorcarlos: by the way, any progress on the qa-team issue?04:58
carlosnothing yet done...04:58
carlosand will take some extra time as we are focusing on opening Gutsy for translations in a month04:59
glatzorcarlos: Furthermore there seem to be a problem with the translation of kaffeine.04:59
=== niemeyer [n=niemeyer@yttrium.canonical.com] has joined #launchpad
carlosglatzor: which kind of problem?05:00
glatzorcarlos: I still seems to contain some very ancient translation of Jrgen Kofler that have been replaced upstream some time ago05:00
carlosglatzor: could you file a bug about it05:02
carloswith links to example messages?05:02
mrevellflacoste, popey: It'd be cool if we could have a call together. Perhaps tomororw?05:02
flacostepopey: i am available tomorrow for a skype call05:03
flacostepopey: or whatever communication channel you prefer05:03
carlosglatzor: we had a bug where we were not changing translations in launchpad when we were supposed to do it, that has been fixed this morning05:03
carlosso maybe it was caused due to that bug05:03
glatzorcarlos: For sure. the strings are from the Dapper Drake days :)05:04
carloswell, that bug shouldn't be so old...05:04
glatzorcarlos: the German KDE teams thinks about asking you to reset all KDE translations to upstream.05:09
carloswe have done it before 05:09
carlosalthough is a bit difficult to classify what's KDE and what's not05:10
glatzorRight. I remember. 05:10
carlosglatzor: if you decide to go that way, please, open a ticket requesting it on answers.launchpad.net/rosetta with the distro releases where you want it05:11
glatzorcarlos: I am mainly the mediator :) the KDE upstream also cares about the KDE translations in Kubuntu05:12
carlosok, then s/you/they/ :-P05:12
=== jroes [i=jroes@denali.sosdg.org] has left #launchpad []
=== Seveas [n=seveas@ubuntu/member/seveas] has joined #launchpad
Yannigdanilos: I was told you also could approve SVN account for GNOME, do you have any idea why I have no answer for 3 months about my request?05:15
=== caravena__ [n=caravena@54-34-50.adsl.terra.cl] has joined #launchpad
danilosYannig: I have no idea, some tickets get lost: just reply to automated response you got for your RT (so number is included), and CC danilo@gnome.org as well, and ask for me to approve your account as well05:16
=== cprov is now known as cprov-lunch
carlosjtv: can you read my jabber messages?05:18
Yannigdanilos: Done, thanks a lot05:18
=== Kuhrscher [n=jannick@] has joined #launchpad
jtvcarlos: I can now05:20
=== lfittl [n=lfittl@] has joined #launchpad
Theunikiko: ping. new try. :)05:29
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #launchpad
ubotuNew bug: #107722 in launchpad "Improve accuracy of database timeouts" [High,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10772205:30
kikoTheuni, what's up?05:32
Theunikiko: I need some help on moving a milestone in the "Zope3" product.05:36
Theunithis milestone: https://launchpad.net/zope3/+milestone/3.305:36
Theunisomehow got associated with the 3.4 release branch and i want it to go back to the 3.3 release series.05:36
Yannigdanilos: Thanks :)05:39
=== LarstiQ sees how to do such a thing for bzr
philiKONjamesh: https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/10772605:40
ubotuMalone bug 107726 in launchpad "Label "Deactivated members" is confusing" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  05:40
YannigYou sent only to me, sure the others from the account team received the message too?05:40
philiKONah, ubotu reported it for me already :)05:40
ubotuNew bug: #107726 in launchpad "Label "Deactivated members" is confusing" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10772605:46
=== fcorrea is now known as fcorrea|lunch
=== pochu [n=emilio@131.Red-83-57-165.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #launchpad
LarstiQDoes anyone know how long it takes from Heathrow to the Millbank office?05:58
=== mdz [n=mdz@yttrium.canonical.com] has joined #launchpad
=== niemeyer [n=niemeyer@yttrium.canonical.com] has joined #launchpad
=== Theuni [n=ctheune@uter.gocept.com] has joined #launchpad
=== jkakar [n=jkakar@yttrium.canonical.com] has joined #launchpad
Theunikiko: sorry, my irssi crashed. did you say anything? 06:10
=== sabdfl [n=sabdfl@ubuntu/member/pdpc.silver.sabdfl] has joined #launchpad
popeymrevell, flacoste, yes tomorrow is good, sorry was afk06:13
=== fcorrea|lunch is now known as fcorrea
flacostepopey: what time is good for you? i'm online from about to 13:00 UTC - 22:00 UTC06:13
flacostepopey: and is skype fine with you?06:14
popeycant do skype at work06:14
popeyand tomorrow evening I will (hopefully) be going to the launch party :)06:15
flacostepopey: what's the best communication channel then, VoIP or real phone?06:15
popeyreal phone for me06:15
popeyI dont mind making the call06:15
popeywhere are you geographically?06:15
flacostepopey: i can give you a call06:15
flacoste(Quebec, Canada)06:15
popeyok, how about 13:30 UTC == 14:30 BST (UK time)06:16
=== zyga [n=zyga@ubuntu/member/zyga] has joined #launchpad
popeyi have to go now, will check irc when I get home in ~1 hour06:17
=== jjstwerff [n=jurjen@jjstwerff.demon.nl] has joined #launchpad
flacostepopey: 13:30 UTC is fine06:17
=== pochu_ [n=emilio@131.Red-83-57-165.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #launchpad
=== lfittl [n=lfittl@] has joined #launchpad
=== pochu [n=emilio@131.Red-83-57-165.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #launchpad
=== fjlacoste [n=francis@modemcable040.144-201-24.mc.videotron.ca] has joined #launchpad
=== fjlacoste is now known as flacoste
=== mwh [n=mwh@fwstups.cs.uni-duesseldorf.de] has joined #launchpad
mrevellpopey, flacoste: looks good to me06:29
flacostemrevell: do you want to join the call?%06:29
mrevellflacoste: Actually, if you don't need me, then I'm happy not to attend06:29
flacostemrevell: i think we can manage06:29
mrevellflacoste: cool06:29
glatzordanilos: hi, I already asked you last year about your python classes for handling po files. Could you please point me again to the download location?06:32
glatzordanilos: I would like to revive my podiff tool https://code.launchpad.net/~glatzor/podiff06:32
glatzorcarlos: https://bugs.launchpad.net/rosetta/+bug/10773706:33
ubotuMalone bug 107737 in rosetta "Old upstream strings in Kaffeine don't get actualized" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  06:33
glatzorcarlos: I assigned the bug to you.06:35
carlosglatzor: thank you06:37
=== flacoste is now known as flacoste_lunch
danilosglatzor: http://kvota.net/hacks/zmijsko-gnezdo/gettext_po.py, but it may be buggy, so beware :)06:39
danilosglatzor: proper podiff tool will be very welcome everywhere :)06:40
glatzordanilos: I haven't looked at the code of my tool for a year, but trust me that I am familiar with dealing with buggy code :)06:40
ubotuNew bug: #107737 in rosetta "Old upstream strings in Kaffeine don't get actualized" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10773706:41
=== cprov-lunch is now known as cprov
=== kiko is now known as kiko-fud
kiko-fudTheuni, done.06:55
=== salgado is now known as salgado-lunch
=== matsubara is now known as matsubara-lunch
Theunikiko-fud: yay!07:05
Theunithis feels weird07:06
=== Theuni reads through the launchpad guide and always stumbles over zope 3 examples =)
LarstiQTheuni: heh :)07:08
=== mdz [n=mdz@yttrium.canonical.com] has joined #launchpad
Theunikiko-fud: can you also delete old vcs imports?07:13
Theunithere is a branch imported that is marked as "delete me"07:13
=== pochu [n=emilio@131.Red-83-57-165.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #launchpad
=== cprov [n=cprov@canonical/launchpad/cprov] has joined #launchpad
=== flacoste_lunch is now known as flacoste
=== pochu [n=emilio@131.Red-83-57-165.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #launchpad
=== pochu [n=emilio@131.Red-83-57-165.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #launchpad
=== LeeJunFan [n=junfan@adsl-76-204-9-150.dsl.klmzmi.sbcglobal.net] has joined #launchpad
=== barry [n=barry@canonical/launchpad/barry] has joined #launchpad
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #launchpad
=== salgado-lunch is now known as salgado
=== matsubara-lunch is now known as matsubara
=== dneary [n=dneary@mne69-9-88-163-116-163.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #launchpad
=== jamesh [n=james@canonical/launchpad/jamesh] has joined #launchpad
kiko-fudTheuni, I can't do that. I think ddaa or thumper or jml can08:16
=== kiko-fud is now known as kiko
=== mthaddon [n=mthaddon@canonical/launchpad/mthaddon] has joined #launchpad
=== kiko is now known as kiko-afk
=== doko_ [n=doko@dslb-088-074-026-076.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #launchpad
=== AlexLatchford [n=alex@82-44-193-109.cable.ubr07.haye.blueyonder.co.uk] has joined #launchpad
=== statik [n=emurphy@] has joined #launchpad
=== mimilus [n=mimilus@ADijon-257-1-190-79.w90-26.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #launchpad
=== Gwaihir [n=Gwaihir@ubuntu/member/gwaihir] has joined #launchpad
ubotuNew bug: #107775 in launchpad ""Change details" in distribution branches shouldn't appear if you don't have rights" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10777509:16
Gwaihirany sysadmin around?09:32
=== sacater [n=sacater@colchester-lug/member/sacater] has joined #launchpad
=== sacater [n=sacater@colchester-lug/member/sacater] has joined #launchpad
=== kiko-afk is now known as kiko
Gwaihirkiko: yes?10:20
kikoyou asked..?10:20
GwaihirI asked also in canonical-sysadmin10:20
kikoah, ok.10:20
Gwaihirit was a problem with our server10:20
=== superm1 [n=superm1@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #launchpad
=== doko_ is now known as doko
=== mimilus [n=mimilus@ADijon-257-1-190-79.w90-26.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #launchpad
AlexLatchfordHowdy guys, anyone know if there is a way to search users by Email Address yet?10:58
salgadoAlexLatchford, yes, that's possible but we only match against the beginning of an email address11:00
kikoAlexLatchford, you can search by an exact email address in /people/11:00
AlexLatchfordkiko: ta11:01
flacostekiko, we have a serious usability bug in Launchpad Answers: bug #10781011:01
ubotuMalone bug 107810 in launchpad-answers "'I Solved my Problem' button is ambiguous" [High,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10781011:01
flacosteI'd like your opinion on that11:01
kikoI Solved my own problem?11:01
kikoor 11:01
kikoI Solved My Problem On My Own?11:01
kikoor 11:01
kikoI Solved the Problem Myself?11:01
kikoor You Steenken Bastards did Nothin Fur Me11:02
flacostei think that last one is clear :-)11:02
flacostethe second is ugly, but it has the advantage of being explicit11:02
ajmitch"I hate you all, why didn't you respond?"11:02
flacostei think the problem is more relevant for non-English speaker11:03
kikomaybe, maybe.11:03
flacostefor example, the first question in the ones listed in the bug report was posted in French11:03
flacostesince the UI isn't localized, and depending on the English skill of the poster11:03
flacostethe nuance between 'I Solved my Problem' and 'I Solved My Problem On My Own' is subtle11:03
flacosteI'll add your suggestions to the report, thx11:04
ubotuNew bug: #107810 in launchpad-answers "'I Solved my Problem' button is ambiguous" [High,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10781011:06
=== jordi [n=jordi@115.Red-213-96-69.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #launchpad
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #launchpad
=== Lutin [n=Lutin@ubuntu/member/lutin] has joined #launchpad
=== tokj [n=tk@] has joined #launchpad
Lutinhi. I just marked the bug #106239 as affecting debian, which is a mistake. is it possible to reverse that ?11:20
ubotuMalone bug 106239 in Ubuntu "[needs-packaging]  qtpfsgui" [Wishlist,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/106239 - Assigned to davromaniak (davromaniak)11:20
kikoLutin, reject the task.11:24
=== neversfelde [n=chrman@nrbg-4db44441.pool.einsundeins.de] has joined #launchpad
Lutinkiko: how can I do it ?11:30
kikoclick on the expander arrow and mark Status Rejected11:32
Lutinkiko: I can't edit the status, it's filed against debian11:33
=== pochu [n=emilio@ubuntu/member/pochu] has joined #launchpad
kikoeven if you reported it? that's odd11:42
kikothe reason is that you linked to a remote bug11:43
kikoyou need to unlink it first11:43
=== Kmos [n=gothicx@unaffiliated/kmos] has joined #launchpad
kikoI've done it for you anyway.11:44
Lutinkiko: oh, ok. thanks :)11:45
=== jjstwerff [n=jurjen@jjstwerff.demon.nl] has left #launchpad []

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!