jdongis there some trivial way to disable apport except hooks for a python app?12:14
lifelessyes, dont raise uncaught exceptions ;)12:16
lifeless[why?] 12:16
jdonglifeless: well now I know not to, but when I wrote this program, I didn't expect Python to do this to me, so a few of the exit conditions are uncaught exceptions12:18
jdongI want to SRU the package to get rid of the annoying behavior12:19
lifelessjdong: what, it would deliberately crash?12:19
jdongyes, it would let a BuildError slide on crash, or a KeyboardInterrupt for exit, etc12:19
jdongmaybe a few others too :)12:19
jdongI have a feeling I'm gonna be getting a "correct python coding" talk :D12:20
lifelesskeyboard interrupt apport should let through12:20
lifelessthat might be a bug12:20
jdongkeyboardinterrupt might go through right12:20
jdongbut some of my others were derived from like OSError12:20
lifelessalso SystemExit it should ignore, again if it doesn't its a bug12:20
jdongor IOError or ValueError12:20
jdongoops :)12:20
lifelessbut yeah, if you raise an exception, its like in C, exiting via a segfault.12:21
lifelessit'll work, but its fugly.12:21
jdongpoint taken and I've already corrected that behavior in my devel branch12:21
ion_Im pro-segfault.12:22
jdongso my choices are... (a) don't fix it, (b) add a exception wrapper around my main function (3) find a way to turn off apport12:23
ion_And () all of the above12:24
jdongwell I'm trying to pick the one with the fewest changed lines, so it looks best on a SRU proposal :D12:25
=== adamant1988 [n=adam@doc-24-206-202-2.el.wv.cebridge.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
lifelessturning off apport would cause all real errors to not gather defect reports12:29
lifelessor did apport get castrated after the release?12:29
=== theCore is now known as theCore_
=== theCore_ is now known as theCore
=== troy_s [n=aphorism@d206-116-6-170.bchsia.telus.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== alex-weej [n=alex@halls-129-31-82-59.hor.ic.ac.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsoncodingmaster: I remember suggesting "uriel", although it doesn't seem to be on your page01:04
Nafallocjwatson: could you give-back gnome-utils on sparc please01:05
Nafallo? :-)01:05
cjwatsonNafallo: no (as in, I have no ability to do so)01:05
Nafallocjwatson: oh. who has those days? I thought you had... :-)01:05
jdongNafallo: I liked my give-back request :)01:06
=== johanbr [n=j@blk-224-156-151.eastlink.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonNafallo: I have never been a buildd admin01:07
Nafallojdong: oh? :-)01:07
Nafallocjwatson: ah. buildd admins then :-)01:07
Nafalloinfinity: could you give-back gnome-utils on sparc please? :-)01:07
jdongNafallo: look up for my ping to $nick=1.0/0.001:07
jdongI thought it deserved a few creativity points.01:07
codingmaster@cjwatson: sorry, I add it now :) - thanks for the idea :)01:08
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508D9A5C.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
codingmaster@cjwatson: it's there now - thanks :)01:10
=== mat [n=mat@igoan/mat] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== neumannx [n=BNeumann@cpe-066-026-060-110.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jtt [n=jtholmes@72-12-50-39.wan.networktel.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== eggauah [n=daniel@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== eggauah_ [n=daniel@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jml_ [n=jml@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== eggauah_ [n=daniel@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== slomo [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/Amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jml [n=jml@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== didymo [n=ashley@CPE-61-9-197-223.static.nsw.bigpond.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jml_ [n=jml@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== theCore is now known as theCore_
=== mc44 [n=mc44@unaffiliated/mc44] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Exit,]
=== eggauah [n=daniel@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== theCore_ is now known as theCore
=== theCore is now known as theCore_
=== theCore_ is now known as theCore
=== Gerrath_ [n=Shane_@c-71-206-208-128.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jtt [n=jtholmes@72-12-50-39.wan.networktel.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Grape_Juice [n=pants@adsl-69-225-11-254.dsl.skt2ca.pacbell.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
agraveleyis the gettext-po python binding available anyplace yet?02:08
=== cypherbios [n=cypher@ubuntu/member/cypherbios] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jtholmes [n=jtholmes@72-12-50-39.wan.networktel.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/Amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gman is now known as GmanLNCH
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jtbates [n=jtbates@adsl-68-248-161-41.dsl.ipltin.ameritech.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== adamant1988 [n=adam@doc-24-206-202-2.el.wv.cebridge.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mayday_jay [n=mayday_j@maydayjay.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== theCore is now known as theCore_
=== theCore_ is now known as theCore
=== mmcgrath [n=mmcgrath@74-136-11-144.dhcp.insightbb.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== beuno_ [n=martin@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-2a58b0d2347045c7] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== antonym55 [n=antony@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zul [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jml_ [n=jml@pA35.smi.southcom.com.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== GmanLNCH is now known as Gman
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508D9A5C.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Monk-e [n=guido-fe@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@c-71-224-172-103.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Tesl [n=tesl@202-94-145-1.cust.bit-drive.ne.jp] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jml [n=jml@220-253-103-248.TAS.netspace.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ash211 [n=andrew@user-11fatn0.dsl.mindspring.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== eggauah [n=daniel@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== robitaille [n=daniel@ubuntu/member/robitaille] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== eggauah [n=daniel@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jml [n=jml@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ubotu [n=ubotu@ubuntu/bot/ubotu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-170-94-19.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== beuno_ [n=martin@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Sleepy_Coder goes afk
=== minghua [n=minghua@ubuntu/member/minghua] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== eggauah [n=daniel@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stdin [n=tez@unaffiliated/binary2k2] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== idefixx [n=idefixx@p508AFC70.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== idefixx [n=idefixx@p508AFC70.dip.t-dialin.net] has left #ubuntu-devel ["09F911029D74E35BD84156C5635688C0"]
=== jtbates [n=jtbates@adsl-68-248-161-41.dsl.ipltin.ameritech.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== vecina [n=vecina@c-68-52-48-161.hsd1.tn.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
vecina*fearfully enters*05:20
=== ubotu [n=ubotu@ubuntu/bot/ubotu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Sleepy_Coder*fearfully steals vecina's pocket change*05:21
vecinaIm having a huge bug. This is actually with kubuntu, but big difference... ive asked a lot of people in a lot of places, so Im just poking here in the hope that someone will know05:21
vecinaWhy is my hald getting messed up when i shut down my computer? I have to reinstall dbus sometimes to get automounting back, and if i dont reinstall hal, i get graphical errors05:22
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-devel
vecina*sigh* oh well it was worth a shot05:24
=== minghua [n=minghua@ubuntu/member/minghua] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== edavis10 [n=eric@68-116-82-188.dhcp.trlk.ca.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdong_ [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
infinityjdong, Riddell, Nafallo : Done.05:37
jdongyay thanks infinity :)05:37
Burgundaviainfinity: hey05:37
jdonghey, he does the french thing too :)05:38
infinityUn petit peut.05:38
jdongin that case I'm aliasing that give-back message05:39
bluefoxicywhat the hell?  The nslookup tool in windows is more complete than the one in Linux?05:44
=== bluefoxicy ponders what bsd nslookup is... bsdutil? nslookup isn't a gnu util
=== bdmurray [n=bdmurray@c-24-21-235-175.hsd1.or.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Sleepy_CoderHow many Windows Genuine Updates did it take to get that way?05:44
bluefoxicySleepy_Coder:  nslookup doesn't implement anything on linux.  I tried to zone transfer from a weak server and found that ls isn't implemented.  Nor is root, finger, view, help, ?05:45
jmguse dig?05:45
bluefoxicyyeah, pretty much.05:47
bluefoxicyit just irks me.05:47
johanbrYears ago, nslookup used to carry a notice that it was deprecated. It doesn't seem to any more.05:52
Sleepy_Coderbluefoxicy: lol, I was being sarcastic. :)05:54
jmgjohanbr: wasnt it the host command that had the banner saying use nslookup instead?05:56
johanbrI don't think so.05:56
johanbrI could be wrong, though.05:57
johanbrGoogle seems to agree with me.05:58
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== gouki [n=gouki@ubuntu/member/gouki] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mderk [n=ubiq@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Keybuk [n=scott@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Burgundaviamorning Keybuk06:54
ajmitchhi Keybuk 06:55
=== edavis10 [n=eric@68-116-82-188.dhcp.trlk.ca.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Keybuk is exhausted
Keybukthree US states in one day!06:58
ajmitchbeen travelling a bit?06:59
KeybukTexas, Colorado and now Oregon06:59
Burgundaviaoh geez07:00
Burgundaviawhat for?07:00
tonyyarussowow, not even bordering07:00
Burgundaviawell, the first is probably dell, the 2nd is probably system76 and the 3rd I have no idea07:00
=== edavis10 [n=eric@68-116-82-188.dhcp.trlk.ca.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ajmitchand then you get to hop on a plane for spain, lucky you07:00
BurgundaviaKeybuk: am I right?07:01
TreenaksBurgundavia: won't Ubuntu Live be in Oregon in July?07:01
KeybukBurgundavia: no ;)07:02
BurgundaviaKeybuk: I can try07:02
BurgundaviaI mean, I could build an entire conspiracy theory around that trip07:02
HobbseeBurgundavia: and then blog about it07:03
Hobbseeof course07:03
Hobbseehiya, btw07:03
Keybuk*sigh* yeah, that's always a great idea ;)07:03
=== bryce_ [n=bryce@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
BurgundaviaI have already blogged once today and am about to blog a 2nd time07:03
Burgundavia3rd is a bit excessive07:03
ajmitchBurgundavia: that's a lot more than I have07:04
ion_burgundavia: He went back in time to Area 51 to prevent the US government from blowing up WTC, while meeting some gray aliens on the movie set of the fake moon landings?07:04
Burgundaviaok, that is entirely over the top07:04
Burgundaviaa good conspiracy theory is simple07:04
=== ajmitch considers emailing hr@
Treenaksajmitch: what would hr@ want with a conspiracy theory? :P07:05
ajmitchTreenaks: nothing07:05
ajmitchthough they may get a few laughs out of it07:06
=== pitti [n=pitti@ubuntu/member/pitti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiGood morning07:08
ion_Bono estente, pitti.07:08
Treenakswow @ xkcd.com07:08
ajmitchhey pitti 07:09
=== giskard [n=giskard@213-140-22-74.fastres.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zdra [n=zdra@122.31-241-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== CapaH2 [n=carl@cpe-70-122-239-149.houston.res.rr.com] has joined #Ubuntu-Devel
=== bryce_ [n=bryce@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Mez [n=Mez@ubuntu/member/mez] has joined #ubuntu-devel
MithrandirTreenaks: with "Stallman's airship" too07:45
jmgwww.digg.com lol.07:48
Mithrandir"Soviet Russia" too.07:49
Burgundaviahmm, wonder what eler are going to do with this Dell thing07:52
=== pitti is now known as pitti_
ajmitchhi Mithrandir 07:58
Mithrandirhiya ajmitch 07:58
shawarmatonyyarusso: Everybody Loves Eric Raymond.07:59
shawarmatonyyarusso: Just google for "eler"07:59
tonyyarussoah, right07:59
=== Mithrandir kicks sync-source in the nuts
=== pitti [n=pitti@ubuntu/member/pitti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
HobbseeMithrandir: sync-source?08:06
Mithrandirthe tool we use to sync packages from elsewhere.08:06
Mithrandirit was being annoying08:06
Mithrandirand it's even more annoying that it restarts from scratch after falling over.08:08
Mithrandireven more so when I'm syncing 500-ish packages.08:08
=== profoX` [n=wesley@d54C0E764.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== svolpe [n=Gerrath_@unaffiliated/gerrath] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gerrath [n=Gerrath_@unaffiliated/gerrath] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== imbrandon [n=brandon@ubuntu/member/pdpc.active.imbrandon] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== slomo [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-30-255.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i59F707B1.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachGOOD MORNING08:56
mdkemorning dholbach 08:57
mdkevery convincingly said08:57
dholbachheya mdke08:57
mdkesun is shining in Berlin?08:57
dholbachit's a bit cloudy, but it's good :)08:58
dholbachhow are you?08:58
mdkevery well, sun is shining here08:58
dholbachnice :)08:58
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C1A48C.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mvo [n=egon@p54a659e1.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdkecjwatson: should I change the value of &url-install-manual; to what the new address will be? You might want to do that in the package I guess09:04
=== BenC [n=bcollins@debian/developer/bcollins] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== shiyee [n=Shiyee@homer.cs.aau.dk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdkecjwatson: here is a diff of what I've changed: http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/18764/09:12
=== carlos [n=carlos@canonical/launchpad/carlos] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Nafalloinfinity: thanks09:26
Nafallodholbach: morning handsome :-)09:26
cjwatsonmdke: yeah, feel free to change that in your tree - I'll see about merging, although I have to do a complicated merge from Debian that I didn't manage to finish last cycle09:28
=== sevrin [n=sevrin@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonwget -O mdke.diff http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/18764/plain/ # will have to do for now09:29
dholbachheya Nafallo09:30
mdkecjwatson: you might not want the change to buildone.sh 09:30
mdkeanyway, should be online whenever newz can get round to uploading it09:31
Nafallomorning everyone :-)09:31
=== stratus [n=stratus@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== G0SUB [i=ghoseb@ubuntu/member/gosub] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sky_walkie [i=czzhrd02@xdsl-563.lodz.dialog.net.pl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== anibal [n=anibal@debian/developer/anibal] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sivang [i=8444028e@gateway/web/cgi-irc/ircatwork.com/x-fb47f2e714df7b48] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nixternal [n=nixterna@ubuntu/member/nixternal] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zyga [n=zyga@ubuntu/member/zyga] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bdgraue [n=bdgraue@dyndsl-085-016-084-058.ewe-ip-backbone.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mdz [n=mdz@yttrium.canonical.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Spads [n=spacehob@unaffiliated/spads] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@host-213-189-171-21.brutele.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mc44 [n=mc44@unaffiliated/mc44] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== antonym55 [n=antony@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Lure_ [n=lure@78-0-69-126.adsl.net.t-com.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== luka74 [n=lure@78-1-104-90.adsl.net.t-com.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pkl_ [n=phillip@lougher.demon.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dholbach_ [n=daniel@i59F74AE4.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mderk [n=ubiq@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pygi [n=mario@89-172-229-34.adsl.net.t-com.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i59F74AE4.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tkamppeter [n=till@bl8-124-93.dsl.telepac.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tkamppeterhi, pitti10:48
=== timfrost [n=tim@125-238-156-109.broadband-telecom.global-gateway.net.nz] has joined #ubuntu-devel
zygamvo: hey10:50
mvohey zyga!10:51
zygamvo: how is your weekend? :-)10:51
mvozyga: it was great! long and very relaxing :)10:51
zygamvo: I have some interesting news on cnf front10:51
mvozyga: much needed after the stressful release :P10:51
zygamvo: I got the raw data scan down to 700K10:51
mvozyga: woah! that is great!10:51
mvozyga: should I merge from you?10:51
zygaand I have fixed a major bug that probably missed alot of stuff in packages10:51
pittihello tkamppeter, how are you?10:52
zyganot yet unless you want to see the state of flux today :-)10:52
mvozyga: haha, ok :)10:52
zygaone last thing is the new format that is no longer arch dependent10:52
zygathis time the whole archive is universal as the changes from arch to arch are less than 50K10:52
zyga(for all arches)10:52
siretartcjwatson: I'd like to register specs for sevilla, but I'm unsure how to propse them to the conference next week. shall I set the goal for gutsy like in https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/wine-gutsy-roadmap/?10:53
zygaI have also found several bugs in other packages: mostly programs being in /usr/bin but -x10:53
zygaI also have some other bugs pending where one package has 3 binaries on some platformsa and for example, only two on one specific (seems like an accident)10:53
siretartthat doesn't seem to match with the UDS, but rather for gutsy in general.. hmm10:53
mvozyga: if the data is not that big, having a arch: all package is fine. i10:54
cjwatsonsiretart: no, don't set a release goal; use "propose for meeting agenda"10:54
zygayeah the data is even smaller than before :D10:54
zygaslighly but still10:54
mvozyga: this kind of error checking sounds very very useful, lets add  a mode to the scanner so that we can run it in "check-archive"-mode 10:54
zygait was caused by the serious hardling bug discovered by someone10:54
cjwatsongar @ -roadmap specs, too10:55
zygaI have several new programs that do that10:55
siretartcjwatson: aaah, found it!10:55
=== kaptengu [n=kaptengu@c213-100-60-183.swipnet.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
zygaoh and the scan format is improved 10:55
mvozyga: I'm subscribed to the command-not-found bugs, but I'm currently a weekend behind my buglist :/10:55
zygafirst the big dump (as before) is transformed to a package map (0.7MB)10:55
zygathen that map is transformed to the regular format or to the legacy format10:55
siretartcjwatson: is there some way to see the already but not yet accepted specs for sevilla?10:55
zygawe could ship an update to feisty data next week if you agree, many programs were missed because of that bug10:56
=== `anthony [n=anthony@203-214-63-115.dyn.iinet.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonsiretart: I think you need superpowers for that10:56
siretartcjwatson: hm. okay. Do you happen to know if there is some discussion (aka spec) planned for having crypted filesystem (or rather crypted blockdevices via cryptsetup) support in 7.10?10:57
cjwatsonsiretart: (FWIW, I don't have those superpowers either)10:57
=== gicmo [n=gicmo@p5491D9F4.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
siretarthm. looks I'd need to catch some TB member..10:58
cjwatsonmdz: can we make /sprints/uds-sevilla be driven by ubuntu-drivers or something so that I can prod it?10:58
mdzcjwatson: just crashed my firefox trying10:59
cjwatsonsiretart: crypted filesystem support is on the core schedule (i.e. the stuff that's been pre-scheduled by hand)10:59
=== Yasumoto [n=joe@trailers76.chapman.edu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mvozyga: I'm fine with that, but we need a propper diff so that the changes can be audited manually to protect against regressions11:00
mdzcjwatson: repeatably, even11:00
siretartcjwatson: whee! I was just about to register a spec about this :) 11:00
mvozyga: thanks for that great work, thats really cool!11:00
=== slomo [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonsiretart: I'll add your name to the list for that spec11:01
zygamvo: as before, the scan can be generated with -legacy-scan-data and manual diff :-)11:01
cjwatsonmdz: w3m? :)11:01
mvozyga: good!11:01
siretartcjwatson: that would be great!11:01
siretartcjwatson: is that spec in launchpad? what's the name?11:01
mdzpitti: I'm not getting a crash dump from it for some reason11:01
pittimvo: for what?11:02
pittimdz: for a ffox crash?11:02
cjwatsonsiretart: oh, er. except it conflicts with revu/contributing which you're also down for11:02
mdzpitti: not entirely certain it's dying from a signal; looking at it now11:02
pittimdz: if it's SIGABRT, we ignore it; the log might tell?11:02
cjwatsonsiretart: we haven't gone through and sorted out all the core-schedule workshops having specs in launchpad yet - I'm planning to do that today or tomorrow11:03
mdz/usr/lib/firefox/firefox-bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/firefox/components/libmyspell.so: undefined symbol: _ZN8Hunspell5spellEPKc11:03
asacmdz: ffox needs a fix because hunspell upgrade was incompatible11:04
asace.g. a respin + a patch11:04
siretartcjwatson: aaah, I see. thanks for looking this up for me11:04
tkamppeterpitti, fine.11:04
tkamppeterpitti, is the apport still activated by default in the released Feisty? I still get gs-esp crash reports regularly.11:05
=== cjwatson resolves the schedule conflict
pittitkamppeter: reports are still written, but not reported to the user any more by default11:05
asaci am waiting for nss and nspr package to be synched from debian ... anyone can speed this up?11:05
cjwatsonasac: have you filed sync bugs?11:06
cjwatsonoh, are they new packages?11:06
asaci have ... though seb128 told me that this was not needed??11:06
asacyes they are new11:06
seb128cjwatson: there is bug opens but they are new packages11:06
=== slomo [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonindeed, bugs aren't needed11:06
cjwatsonasac: I can do that for you once whoever is doing an autosync run has finished11:06
cjwatson(Tollef, at a guess)11:07
seb128cjwatson: new packages are not part of the autosync run?11:07
asaccjwatson: you rock ... shall i remind you in a few hours?11:07
asacmdz: for the time being try to downgrade libhunspell ;)11:09
cjwatsonseb128: no11:09
cjwatsonautosync -> sync-source -a, new packages -> new-source and sync-source individually11:10
cjwatsonasac: sure11:10
cjwatsonasac: actually, somebody is syncing them at the moment, so no need11:11
asacah ... any ETA?11:11
=== cjwatson spies on 'ps x' output
cjwatsonasac: few hours11:11
cjwatson(once you take NEW into account, etc.)11:12
cjwatsonasac: do these need to go into main? if so, are they just split out from an existing package, or is there anything fundamentally new in there?11:12
asaccjwatson: can you direct them to main?11:12
asacno .. they are split out ... + soname11:12
asaccjwatson: there are preview packages if you want to do a review11:14
cjwatsonI can certainly direct them to main, yes11:14
cjwatsonit's ok, I'll eyeball them in the queue11:14
asacok fine :)11:14
=== CicalaMvta [n=CicalaMv@h062040154038.bad.cm.kabsi.at] has joined #ubuntu-devel
saispohi all11:19
saispowho maintain samba ?11:20
seb128we have no assigned maintainer11:21
seb128infinity was looking at it11:21
=== jikanter [n=jordan@c-24-12-220-77.hsd1.il.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzsaispo: samba is maintained by the Debian samba team; Ubuntu makes only trivial changes to it11:41
mdz(and by upstream of course)11:41
saisposeb128: ok, because i have a bug under ubuntu, but with the same config, on edgy no bug, the same config on Mandriva no bug...11:42
saisposeb128: i will investigate more :)11:42
seb128saispo: what bug?11:43
saispoa segfault when /proc/sys/kernel/domainname is set to (none)11:45
saispoa bug is open on launchpad11:45
seb128ah ok11:45
seb128saispo: does mandriva uses the same samba version?11:46
seb128ok, so maybe it's due to a distribution patch or they have a patch to fix it11:46
saispothe version in Debian is more recent than the feisty, will try with it11:46
seb128let me know if you figure something11:46
saispono problem :)11:47
Riddellinfinity: I'm after a mass kde give back please: kdegraphics, kdeadmin, kdetoys, kdenetwork, kdemultimedia, kdepim, kdeedu, kdeartwork11:48
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-5-80.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
MithrandirRiddell: I'll get to it11:49
RiddellMithrandir: thanks11:49
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Mithrandir hugs Simira
SimiraHobbsee: taking off soon? :)11:50
SimiraMithrandir: remember to bring the large suitcase for Hobbsee 11:50
MithrandirSimira: yup, I was planning on that one.11:50
Mithrandirthough, a backpack might be more comfortable?11:51
SimiraMithrandir: probably harder to carry? The suitcase has wheels on it?11:51
HobbseeMithrandir!  Simira!11:51
HobbseeSimira: less than 24 hours, yep!11:51
Hobbseehaha :D11:51
fabbioneHobbsee: wb11:51
=== Hobbsee pictures bouncing repeatedly...
fabbioneSimira: hey...11:52
Simirahi fabbione! How's the family doing?11:52
fabbioneSimira: all good thanks11:52
Hobbseeheya fabbione!11:52
=== Hobbsee bounces
fabbioneSimira: the little one is taking a nap11:52
Simirafabbione: not running all around yet?11:52
fabbioneSimira: oh yeah.. he can crawl around now, and he is learning to climb the jails and stand up11:53
fabbioneSimira: it's scary how quickly he does that11:53
Simirafabbione: I can imagine... one of the real scary periods with a child11:53
Hobbseefabbione: will have to play the role of embarrassed person when the fabbioneclan goes shopping now...11:53
Hobbseeer, s/person/parent/11:53
fabbioneSimira: no.. the real scary period is when they will become teenagers :P11:54
fabbioneHobbsee: ehehe11:54
Simirafabbione: one of them, I said. I didn't say it doesn't get worse ;)11:54
fabbioneSimira: yeah.. true that11:54
=== Hobbsee wonders how Simira got so wise in this?
=== Gman [i=gman@nat/sun/x-5b2ae47729d21aa7] has joined #ubuntu-devel
SimiraHobbsee: all my cousins are younger than me...11:55
HobbseeSimira: ahhh..  yes, that helps11:55
=== zul [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128slomo: any reason you are not on #ubuntu-desktop? ;)11:59
seb128ups, you are, completion didn't work correctly11:59
seb128or I used the wrong key ;)12:00
Hobbseeseb128: damn those keyboards that dont operate on brain waves!12:00
seb128Hobbsee: right ;)12:00
mdzasac: that bug seems to break any page with a textarea.   I think this will make it difficult to report in Launchpad :-)12:00
asacmdz: hehe ... right;) ... but this special bug is known12:01
asacif nss/nspr don't land today i will upload an intermediate fix12:02
asacso gutsy people can use firefox12:02
asacproblem was that we used experimental hunspell version from debian ... and debian maintainer assumed it was ok to break abi12:02
HobbseeMithrandir: in that suitcase, be sure to bring Simira please.12:02
MithrandirHobbsee: good point, I should.12:03
SimiraHobbsee: it's not room for Odin in there12:03
HobbseeSimira: then how on earth would you expect me to fit in there?  :P12:03
HobbseeMithrandir: yes.  else there will be the doomstick treatment.12:03
SimiraHobbsee: ok, it's not room for BOTH me AND Odin12:04
asacmdz: maybe try to disable spellchecker for now12:04
SimiraHobbsee: and no doomstick on my husband, may I ask12:04
HobbseeSimira: ahhh, point.  and yes you may ask12:05
SimiraHobbsee: and I WILL be obeyed! :p12:05
HobbseeSimira: O RLY NOW?12:05
Riddellpitti: any plans to review feisty-proposed uploads?12:05
pittiRiddell: yes, it's high on my list indeed12:06
Riddellpitti: great12:06
=== Yagisan [n=Yagisan@doomsday/developer/Yagisan] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittimdz, iwj: does http://pastebin.ca/467105 look reasonable for you as a check for following the Ubuntu merging policy? (use -v and describe remaining changes) it's only a heuristic of course12:08
mdzasac: will layout.spellcheckDefault=0 do that?12:08
mdzpitti: 'merge.*debian' is probably sufficient (e.g., "Merge Debian changes", or "Merge ... from Debian"12:09
pittiah, right12:09
cjwatsonpitti: hmm, I sort of feel that's going too far along the road that's a pain for third party developers to turn off12:10
mdzpitti: maybe link to an anchor on UbuntuDevelopment which explains in more detail?12:10
pitticjwatson: it has $ENV{'DEBEMAIL'} =~ /ubuntu/12:10
mdzcjwatson: just like the other check, it's conditional on DEBEMAIL12:10
asacmdz: yes12:10
pittimdz: good idea12:10
cjwatsonshrug, just feels like going too far to me12:10
cjwatsonwe already get people turning up here from time to time who are Ubuntu members and have DEBEMAIL =~ /ubuntu/, but aren't actually Ubuntu *developers* and get confused by the existing check12:11
mdzasac: that works around it, thanks.12:11
mdzasac: if there's a bug open in launchpad, please note that on the bug as well12:11
cjwatsonI think it's worth it for the maintainer check since that was something we were asked to do, but this is just for our own convenience12:11
cjwatsonand also /ubuntu/ matches derivatives that happen to contain "ubuntu"12:12
cjwatsonwho may be merging from us12:12
cjwatson"merge from Debian via Ubuntuu"12:12
Mithrandirmake it part of debuild, not dpkg-buildpackage, if anything?12:12
pittiMithrandir: what would that change, by and large?12:12
cjwatsonpitti: also, please make it a warning not an error12:13
Mithrandirpitti: debuild is more of a kitchen sink than dpkg-buildpackage?12:13
asacmdz: done bug 11156812:13
ubotuLaunchpad bug 111568 in firefox "Gutsy Firefox crashes when spell checking enabled" [High,In progress]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11156812:13
pitticjwatson: well, then we don't really need to do it, I think; even building a source package is noisy enough to make warnings just get drowned in the scrolling flood12:14
cjwatsonpitti: the warnings at the end tend to be noticed a bit more12:15
cjwatsonI agree for stuff earlier on, but dpkg-genchanges is right at the end12:15
pittihm; it seems we never actually wikified the merging Policy12:15
cjwatsonand this is such a fuzzy check that it seems quite likely to misfire on occasion12:15
pitticjwatson: ok; let's see whether it will have an impact12:16
=== Watersevenub [n=Watersev@azevedo.astro.up.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== vciaglia [n=vciaglia@host70-158-dynamic.16-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sahin_h [n=ezaz@dsl5402AB60.pool.t-online.hu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== luka74 [n=lure@78-1-104-90.adsl.net.t-com.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kaptengu [n=kaptengu@c213-100-60-183.swipnet.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gman is now known as GmanAFK
carlospitti: hi12:52
carlosaround ?12:52
pittihey carlos12:53
carlospitti: did you enable again daily lang packs? (and prepared everything for Feisty updates?)12:53
=== elkbuntu [n=melissa@ubuntu/member/elkbuntu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pitticarlos: yes, I did12:54
carlosseems like there is a problem with the fixed name link12:54
carlosand thus, I guess you didn't get any update yet12:54
=== carlos fixes it
pitticarlos: it just didn't build feisty-updates because ~carlos/public_html/language-packs/feisty-updates/ does not have rosetta-feisty-updates.tar.gz12:54
carlosyeah, seems like the link is not being updated nor created12:55
carlospitti: fixed12:57
pitticarlos: thanks12:57
carlosif you want to run the script again, today exports should work12:57
pitticarlos: started12:59
=== TeTeT [n=spindler@modemcable178.77-70-69.static.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdzasac: thanks01:10
fabbioneOH great01:10
fabbionemdz: how can i workaround that FF crash?01:10
mdzfabbione: it's in the bug01:11
mdzbug 11156801:11
ubotuLaunchpad bug 111568 in firefox "Gutsy Firefox crashes when spell checking enabled" [High,In progress]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11156801:11
iwjpitti: I think I agree with cjwatson, FWIW.  (Sorry, I didn't see your message earlier; apparently my client doesn't embolden unless my nick is first, or something?)01:12
pittiiwj: right, thanks; I changed it to be warnings in debuild now01:13
pittidebuild collects warnings and writes them out as last step, that's reasonable01:13
TheMusoIs there any reason why a package that builds fine in a pbuilder FTBFS on the same arch in the DC? The build step for the package requires pkg-config >= 0.8, and can't seem to find it, even though version 0.21 gets installed? As I said, in pbuilder, fine, yet it failed in the DC.01:13
HobbseeTheMuso: isnt .21 less than .8?01:15
StevenKzsh: exit 1     dpkg --compare-versions 0.21 lt 0.801:15
Hobbseehrm, okay then01:16
mjg590.21 is less than 0.8 if talking about decimal representation, but not if talking about version numbers01:16
=== Hobbsee thought version numbers were decimal, for a second there
cjwatsonTheMuso: do you have a link to the build log?01:17
mjg59And given that things like 0.2.1 clearly aren't decimal representation...01:17
MithrandirStevenK: you can't ask dpkg about how pkg-config compares version numbers. :-P  But 0.8 is less than 0.21, that's right.01:17
Hobbseemjg59: yeah, i get the point, i need the duncecap again :P01:18
TheMusocjwatson: http://librarian.launchpad.net/7510669/buildlog_ubuntu-gutsy-i386.ardour_1:2.0-0ubuntu1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz01:18
=== Hobbsee should just really leave that on...
TheMusoYet it still doesn't explain why pbuilder worked.01:18
TheMusoto me anyway.01:19
StevenKIt uses scons. That explains everything.01:21
=== LongPointyStick [n=user@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== StevenK goes to ritually cleanse himself.
cjwatsonthat is very weird, I don't see an obvious reason for that to fail either01:22
asaciwj: do you remember why firefox user-agent string was branded by ...extra.firefoxComment pref and not .vendor / .vendorSub / .vendorComment ?01:22
cjwatsonit's doing 'pkg-config --atleast-pkgconfig-version=0.8.0'01:22
=== duese [n=Ident@p5484EBC9.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKMithrandir: Point. I thought it was dying during Build-Depends.01:22
Mithrandircjwatson: PATH might be borked, for some insane reason.01:23
=== lifeless [n=robertc@ppp245-86.static.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
asaciwj: if i set vendor=Ubuntu; vendorSub=7.04 and vendorComment=Feisty i get: 01:26
asaciwj:   Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv: Gecko/20061201 Ubuntu/7.04 (Feisty) Firefox/
=== Huahua [n=hua@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
asaciwj: vs now:01:26
asaciwj:   Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv: Gecko/20061201 Firefox/ (Ubuntu-feisty)01:27
=== rlking [n=rlking@M009P018.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pitti looks at the powerpc shadow FTBFS and thinks "WTF??"
=== Arby [n=richard@shiny.york.ac.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pitticc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../lib    -g -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O2 -c utmp.c01:28
pitti/tmp/ccldQxqc.s: Assembler messages:01:28
pitti/tmp/ccldQxqc.s:144: Error: operand out of range (0x000000000000ffff is not between 0x0000000000000000 and 0x00000000000000ff)01:28
pittidoko: ^ did you happen to see this somewhere?01:29
pittidoko: (there's no assembler in that file)01:29
cjwatsonI saw that somewhere else too, though it was during the kernel headers mess so at the time I put it down to a strange side-effect of that01:29
fabbionepitti: that's probable a fall out from kernel headers01:29
dokopitti: that's powerpc, correct?01:30
fabbionecjwatson: it was on the kernel scripts01:30
pittiok, so I'll just build it again and see01:30
pittidoko: right01:30
fabbionepitti: yeps01:30
=== TheMuso remembers building a simple source file on ppc the other day and seeing similar behavior. The problem went away after an update.
cjwatsonfabbione: this is since that though01:30
dokopitti: known, needs a binutils update01:30
cjwatsonI think?01:30
pittidoko: oh, ok; so I'll just ask for a give-back after that01:30
cjwatsonpitti: http://librarian.launchpad.net/7484517/buildlog_ubuntu-gutsy-powerpc.shadow_1%3A4.0.18.1-7_FULLYBUILT.txt.gz is a successful build of apparently the most recent version01:30
pitticjwatson: ah, heh; I just got the FTBFS mails and wondered01:31
iwjasac: The thing I did to it was to remove some of the extraneous information which seemed like rather too much of a privacy (and perhaps security) hazard.  There was a bug about it IIRC.01:31
iwjBut from what you say above that doesn't seem to be working atm.01:32
=== Meep [n=mtippett@bas3-toronto01-1177782928.dsl.bell.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
iwjIdeally the browser string wouldn't tell a rogue webserver which exploits to send.01:32
asaciwj: so we don't want feisty info?01:32
iwjI'm more worried about the upstream patchlevel TBH.01:33
asacor are you saying that you don't want version of firefx?01:33
iwjSaying `feisty' doesn't seem harmful.01:33
asacwell ... you can guess upstream patchlevel from that too :)01:33
iwjOnly if you know whether the user has upgraded.01:33
Mithrandirdoko: the fixed binutils has been in the archive for a while.01:34
=== Meep [n=mtippett@bas3-toronto01-1177782928.dsl.bell.ca] has left #ubuntu-devel []
cjwatsoniwj: isn't this the same argument people use to object to ssh sending version information in its banner? It didn't convince me there either01:35
dokoMithrandir: ahh, right, that was the previous powerpc thing01:35
cjwatsoner, I mean sshd01:35
asaciwj: hmm. I remember upstream complaining about ubuntu not having most recent version info01:35
cjwatsonbecause people will just try all the exploits they know, rather than messing about trying to select an optimal set of exploits01:35
cjwatsonperhaps this is differently true in the case of a web browser01:35
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-devel
iwjcjwatson: Yes.  With a browser it's harder to just try them all; you'd end up having to contrive to arrange for the browser to fetch lots of things some of which may give a `do your work [yes]  [no] ' dialogue, etc.01:38
asaci don't think version info is important to obfuscate01:38
asaciwj: you will always use the latest :)01:38
iwjYou want to send an exploit that will work and not crash the target, too.01:39
iwjWhich is hardly important in a forking daemon.01:39
asachehe ... yes, but if you have a javascript exploit you won't have to bother with that ;)01:39
iwjWhat was upstream's complaint ?01:40
asacit was back in the 1.0.x days .... iirc it was about you braeking there addons site01:40
iwjThe `security and stability' changes ought not to break addons so they don't need to key off that version number.01:41
asacyes ... it was more about some exploit directly related with addons site01:41
asace.g. so they didn't allow people to go to addons01:41
iwjOh, I see.01:41
asacwith some version number ... don't ask me ... would have to digg up old mail (if i still have it)01:41
iwjThat can be fixed by special knowledge about the addons site in the browser.01:42
asacpersonally i agree that web applications should not depend on minor version01:42
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-devel
asacanyway ... my initial question was not about this ... but more about the different position of ubuntu/feisty info.01:44
mdzcjwatson: uds-sevilla driver set01:45
iwjI think it's fine to say `feisty' or give the major number.  I don't have an opinion about the exact formatting of the string.01:45
cjwatsonasac: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CodeNamesToVersionNumbers is one thing to consider here; although as it happens I don't think the firefox version info string is desktop-visible enough to cause people to be confused into thinking development milestones are final releases, so I think it's probably OK to have the release version number in there01:47
iwjcjwatson: Oh, good point.01:47
cjwatsonjust something to bear in mind when changing that stuff01:50
asaccjwatson: good ... will consider this. has it been considered to use different version in /etc/lsb-release during development and bump version right before release?01:51
=== pirast [n=martin@p508b3497.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonasac: yes, and we do precisely that ;-)01:53
cjwatson DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu01:54
cjwatson-DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 7.04"01:54
cjwatson+DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu gutsy (development branch)"01:54
cjwatsonI think it's correct to have DISTRIB_RELEASE as it is, because code keys off that, but we've been changing DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION just before release for a while now01:55
asacok i think i understand01:56
=== haggai [n=halls@credativ.bcnadsl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pirastkeescook, hi01:58
=== rlking_ [n=rlking@M009P018.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== haggai [n=halls@credativ.bcnadsl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tkamppeterpitti, is the behaviour of apport managed by a config file? This would perhaps mean that someone who has used Feisty during the development period will have apport popping up still after Feisty went final.02:05
pittitkamppeter: no, it's a gconf key02:06
pittitkamppeter: so some people might have enabled it again, or aren't fully up to date02:06
tkamppeterpitti, thanks.02:07
=== flyby5 [n=flyby@CPE0016d44cb987-CM00137116f9e0.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
flyby5The news is that our beloved Head of Freenode Staff _christel_ works together with the anti Rob Levin network OFTC now to fight against trolls.02:08
flyby5And all your donations are used to pay a lawyer, so that Freenode can be a home of script kiddies like trelane, while people with justified complaints are removed.02:08
flyby5In the main focus are not Free and Open Source Projects. What staff members care about is their hobby and fun. And you pay for it with your donations.02:08
=== mode/#ubuntu-devel [+o Hobbsee] by ChanServ
=== lemsx1|gone is now known as lemsx1
=== mode/#ubuntu-devel [+b *!*@CPE0016d44cb987-CM00137116f9e0.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] by Hobbsee
=== flyby5 was kicked off #ubuntu-devel by Hobbsee (Hobbsee)
=== zyga [n=zyga@ubuntu/member/zyga] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirthanks Hobbsee 02:11
HobbseeMithrandir: urgh.  it's a moron02:11
Hobbsee[22:11]  <Hobbsee> flyby5: that's still no excuse to spam channels, though02:12
Hobbsee[22:11]  <flyby5> Hobbsee, thats the only logic consequence of repeated k-lines02:12
TheMusoAnd no ops around in that channel either. :S02:12
HobbseeTheMuso: of course, yes.02:12
HobbseeTheMuso: there are no staffers around02:12
Hobbseewe have normality.  repeat, we have normality.02:13
=== Mithrandir gets a deja-vu to paranoia, a game he's never played.
HobbseeMithrandir: hm?02:13
StevenKI got a flash-back to Hitchhikers, actually02:14
Hobbseeyes, it was hitchhikers02:14
StevenKBut IRC is no Heart of Gold. :-P02:15
TreenaksMithrandir: Are you happy, citizen?02:15
MithrandirTreenaks: I am.02:15
HobbseeStevenK: are you sure?02:16
zygamvo: I'm wondering about all those arch-unique packages02:16
TreenaksHappiness is mandatory! The computer is your friend.02:16
=== Loevborg [n=loevborg@dslb-084-056-002-103.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
zygaI know that stuff like wine is x86-only but the rest is quite puzzling02:17
StevenKHobbsee: Quite. :-P02:17
zygado you think that it's worth investigating/filing bugs about such packages?02:17
zygaI've got the full list http://suxx.pl/~zyga/unique-packages.txt02:17
zygait's quite short02:17
mvozyga: its not uncommon for hardware specific stuff02:18
mvozyga: something might be there by accident02:18
TreenaksWhy is 'Ubuntu Directory Services' subscribed to kdebase questiosn?!02:20
=== Treenaks unsubs from team
MithrandirTreenaks: because somebody is on crack.02:21
TreenaksMithrandir: apparently02:21
Mithrandiror something.02:21
mc44Mithrandir: you'll never be able to enter the US now, you crazy fool :p02:22
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-6d670b253774a62e] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbsee(spammer klined)02:23
=== n8k99 [n=nathan@dsl254-078-190.nyc1.dsl.speakeasy.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
robertj_what causes one to receive -answers mail?02:26
Hobbseerobertj_: bug.  see #launchpad conversation02:27
robertj_Hobbsee: ehh, not that interested i'll just ignore all the -answers mail for 24 hours :)02:28
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dokopitti: please premove gcc-4.1-multilib, needed for the next glibc upload (and maybe the other gcc binaries waiting for promotion as well)02:32
pittidoko: premove -> remove?02:33
dokopitti: bah, promote even02:34
pittidoko: ah, I see; I already wondered about what to do with the rdepends ;)02:34
=== cr3 [n=marc@pdpc/supporter/bronze/cr3] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Mithrandir chuckles.
MithrandirI was wondering why the packages NEWed less than a week ago should be removed already.02:35
pittiMithrandir: development goes at fast pace :)02:35
Mithrandirblazing, I'd say.02:35
pittidoko: promoted02:35
pittidoko: g++-4.1-multilib and friends as well?02:35
StevenKMithrandir: So someone can NEW it again, of course.02:36
=== Mithrandir kicks himself for not running generate-diffs in screen
=== nrdb [n=neil@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pitti -> lunch, bbl
=== neumannb [n=BNeumann@cpe-066-026-060-110.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
nrdbI have just installed 7.04 I did an update, but now I can't get apt-get or dpkg to work at all :(  when I run apt-get I get an error message "E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem."  when I run dpkg I get "dpkg: parse error, in file `/var/lib/dpkg/updates/0007' near line 1:"  and " field name `y/ttyx8' must be followed by colon"  :(  what can I do to fix this 02:40
mdznrdb: this channel is for development conversations, #ubuntu is the place to go for help02:41
nrdbmdz: on one answered there02:41
Hobbseenrdb: id' suggest reading the error message and following it, too02:42
Hobbseeand #ubuntu02:42
mdznrdb: I'm sorry about that, but it is still true02:42
=== nrdb I will try again
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKDrat! I forgot -v when generated a .changes02:45
=== zyga [n=zyga@ubuntu/member/zyga] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rodarvus [n=rodarvus@ubuntu/member/rodarvus] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tkamppeter [n=till@bl8-118-31.dsl.telepac.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zdra_ [n=zdra@254.234-243-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zdra_ [n=zdra@254.234-243-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nrdb [n=neil@] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== antonym55 [n=antony@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== EtienneG [n=etienne@ubuntu/member/EtienneG] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rlking [n=rlking@M009P018.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dokopitti: wouldn't hurt02:59
=== zdra_ [n=zdra@33.234-242-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirjdong: nice quite message03:00
jdongdoko: I've been meaning to ask, do you know any reason for bug 109768?03:00
ubotuLaunchpad bug 109768 in python-defaults "idle started -n, vulnerable to deadlocking" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10976803:00
jdongMithrandir: why thank you :)03:00
Nafallojdong: I liked the serial better though ;-)03:01
jdong(I figured there must've been _some_ motivation to start it -n, rather than 'hey lets let it hang while executing code' :D03:01
jdongNafallo: that'll come back when this fad is over03:01
Nafallojdong: :-)03:02
jdongNafallo: until then, it's my wallpaper and all my cubecaps too :D03:02
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@19-147.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dokojdong: updated the report03:03
jdongdoko: thanks03:06
=== tkamppeter_ [n=till@bl10-8-127.dsl.telepac.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jono [n=jono@ubuntu/member/jono] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittidoko: promoted03:18
Solarionthere gonna be 2.6.21 in feisty, or is that slated for gutsy?03:29
Solarion'cause dynticks would be oh so tasty03:29
MithrandirSolarion: feisty is released so it doesn't get any updates of that kind.03:29
Mithrandirgutsy is getting 2.6.2203:29
Solarionbut the repos aren't open yet, is that correct?03:30
StevenKSure they are.03:30
Mithrandirthey've been open for a week or so03:30
Solarion(Kinda thorught that might be the case)03:30
Solarionis anyone using them?03:30
Mithrandirthere's been a slew of uploads, yes.  Why?03:31
Solarionbetween dynticks and randr1.2 this could be a very rockin' release for notebooks03:31
SolarionMithrandir: I want dyntick tastiness and have (little) fear of unstable ubuntu thus far.  :)03:31
=== mpt [n=mpt@canonical/launchpad/mpt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
MithrandirI'd probably have waited a week or two before diving into gutsy, but if you have a system you're not afraid of sacrificing..03:32
Solarion*after* the comps presentation03:32
Solarionnot a good idea to have breakage right before a big presentation03:32
Solarionis randr1.2 already included?03:33
tepsipakkiSolarion: nope03:33
tepsipakkiie. there is no xserver which uses it03:33
Solariontepsipakki: I thought there was03:33
tepsipakki1.3 is in debian now03:33
=== zyga [n=zyga@ubuntu/member/zyga] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lbm [n=lbm@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Solarionstupid low battery03:37
Solarionrandr is at 1.3 now?03:37
tepsipakkino, I meant that xorg-server 1.3 uses randr1.2 ;)03:39
Solarionah, right.  1.3 comes after 7.2 or somethin.g  ;)03:39
Solarionso when is xorg-server 1.3 supposed to be in ubuntu?03:39
tepsipakki7.2 had xorg-server-1.203:39
tepsipakki7.3 will have 1.403:39
tepsipakkiSolarion: before gutsy is out, for sure :P03:40
Solarionprobably should wait until it's actually released before pesting ye too much, eh?  ;)03:40
tepsipakki1.3 is released a few weeks ago03:40
=== hjmf [n=hjmf@6.Red-88-25-28.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pochu [n=emilio@84.Red-83-63-199.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== neumannb [n=BNeumann@cpe-066-026-060-110.nc.res.rr.com] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Leaving"]
=== JohnFlux [n=JohnFlux@konversation/developer/JohnFlux] has joined #ubuntu-devel
JohnFluxHey all03:55
JohnFluxthere's a serious bug with ktorrent03:55
JohnFluxthat crashes it (and hence probably exploitable) with bad input from outside03:55
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508d9fd4.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
JohnFluxit's fixed upstream, but not in fiesty03:56
crimsunhave you checked the proposed SRU?03:56
JohnFluxit would seem pretty important to update the package03:56
JohnFluxwhat's SRU sorry?03:56
crimsun110881 to be precise03:58
=== rlking_ [n=rlking@M009P018.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-devel
crimsunanyhow, ->class.03:58
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdongjohnflux: I've submitted a SRU for it already.... imbrandon said he'd review it :)04:05
=== zerbero_1 [n=jga@p213.54.2.128.tisdip.tiscali.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
JohnFluxjdong: yeah was just looking at your patch04:07
JohnFluxthanks for doing that04:07
JohnFluxjdong: do you have a package for it ?04:07
=== Yasumoto_ [n=joe@trailers66.chapman.edu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Fujitsu [n=william@ubuntu/member/fujitsu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zyga [n=zyga@ubuntu/member/zyga] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Keybuk [n=scott@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-devel
JohnFluximbrandon: could you review jdong's patch please :-)04:11
=== pkl_ [n=phillip@lougher.demon.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Monk-e [n=guido-fe@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@cm21.epsilon48.maxonline.com.sg] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== glatzor [n=sebi@host-82-135-29-2.customer.m-online.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lewurm [n=lewurm@chello062178195159.4.15.univie.teleweb.at] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508d9fd4.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
imbrandonJohnFlux: yes i will get to it today04:30
=== jrib [n=jrib@upstream/dev/jrib] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== haggai [n=halls@credativ.bcnadsl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stratus [n=stratus@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ScottK-laptop [n=kitterma@static-68-163-71-138.res.east.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sharmsCan anyone tell me what problems are bugging you with the current fglrx driver?04:35
Treenaks- no composite04:39
Treenaks- closed source04:39
Treenaksneed more?04:39
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@19-147.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sharmsyeah I need to keep the scope to techical problems04:42
pittisharms: reportedly the edgy->feisty upgrade broke fglrx for a friend of mine; that sounded like dropping support for older models04:43
sharmsis there a bug report on it?04:43
ScottK-laptopMithrandir: I'm trying to undertstand/correct an FTBFS problem that it was suggested on #ubuntu-motu I needed to talk to you about.  I pastebinned the details here: http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/18810/  04:45
MithrandirScottK-laptop: libtest-harness-perl is probably waiting in NEW.04:46
Mithrandirit'll be fixed whenever an archive admin processes it.04:46
ScottK-laptopMithrandir: Is there a way I can check that?  The binary successfully built last November?04:48
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonlibtest-harness-perl |     2.64-1 | feisty/universe | source, all04:49
cjwatsonlibtest-harness-perl |     2.64-1 | gutsy/universe | source, all04:49
=== Lynx- [n=andrey@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonScottK-laptop: feels like an sbuild bug to me. Provides shouldn't be able to satisfy versioned dependencies, but that appears to be what's happening.04:51
=== mthaddon [n=mthaddon@canonical/launchpad/mthaddon] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ScottK-laptopMithrandir: For Feisty anyway the binary is in the archive, I can apt-get install it on my laptop, so I don't think it's a NEW problem.04:51
=== ahuman [n=oem@ool-43557e7c.dyn.optonline.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonit's certainly nothing to do with NEW04:52
=== antonym55 [n=antony@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ScottK-laptopcjwatson: OK.  Then what's the next step for me?04:52
cjwatsonScottK-laptop: infinity's probably the right person to talk to04:52
ScottK-laptopcjwatson: Thanks.04:53
ScottK-laptopinfinity: Ping.  ^^^ and http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/18810/04:53
=== zyga [n=zyga@ubuntu/member/zyga] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rlking [n=rlking@M009P018.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-devel
jdongJohnFlux: look upstream at ktorrent.org, I have made pbuildered unofficial packages for KTorrent 2.1.404:59
jdongJohnFlux: if it's really bugging you, use that package... turn off DHT... or wait for the fix....05:00
=== johanbr [n=j@blk-224-156-151.eastlink.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachgpocentek: will you take care of gnumeric and goffice merge/update?05:08
asaccjwatson: any update on nspr/nss ?05:14
=== zyga [n=zyga@ubuntu/member/zyga] has joined #ubuntu-devel
geserScottK-laptop: be patient, I also wait for a fix in sbuild05:20
geseryou might also want to send him an e-mail as he doesn't write often here in the past time05:20
pittiseb128: yay bug 107484 - copy-package :)05:21
ubotuLaunchpad bug 107484 in control-center "Launch Music Player should be mapped to KEY_MEDIA (0xed in X)" [Low,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10748405:21
=== seb128 hugs pitti
seb128rock on ;)05:21
iwjSo it turns out you can upload the same debian/changelog to both gutsy and unstable.  You just have to run dpkg-buildpackage twice and seddery the .changes (I didn't try dpkg-buildpackage -D).05:22
ScottK-laptopgeser: Patient I am.  Thanks.  I will e-mail him.  Maybe file a bug too.05:22
Hobbseeiwj: i'm sure seddery isnt a verb :P05:22
iwjHobbsee: Um, well, I used ed so I could have said I edded the .changes but no-one who didn't know me would know what I meant :-).05:26
iwjSo I sedderied the changes; since I didn't use sed, I didn't sed them.05:27
iwjYour idiolect may vary.05:27
jdongsedderize is a verb....05:27
jdongif one is going to verbify, it better be done right :D05:28
=== nixternal [n=nixterna@ubuntu/member/nixternal] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== netjoined: irc.freenode.net -> brown.freenode.net
=== winkle [i=winkle@suiko.acc.umu.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Trewas [n=ilonen@raato.lut.fi] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonasac: I'm not quite sure. I'm sure I saw it in the queue earlier ...05:29
cjwatsonMithrandir: do you have any idea where nss and nspr went? I thought you were syncing them.05:30
=== azgtem [i=azgtem@gateway/tor/x-95cd89d80438f763] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== azgtem [i=azgtem@gateway/tor/x-95cd89d80438f763] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== azgtem [i=azgtem@gateway/tor/x-95cd89d80438f763] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== azgtem [i=azgtem@gateway/tor/x-95cd89d80438f763] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== azeem [n=mbanck@ppp-88-217-15-179.dynamic.mnet-online.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== azgtem [i=azgtem@gateway/tor/x-f2d5af2bd52eaddc] has joined #ubuntu-devel
azgtemsorry for my problems05:35
=== blackskad [n=blackska@latex.ugent.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
azgtemare all the recent boot/install (alternate) cds i386-incompatible?05:36
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ScottK-laptop [n=kitterma@static-68-163-71-138.res.east.verizon.net] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Konversation]
=== azgtem [i=azgtem@gateway/tor/x-996fb10fe33e8701] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== MagnusR [n=magru@c83-252-237-96.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiiwj: yay @ autopkgtest 0.8.2 :)05:41
=== Spads [n=spacehob@106.Red-83-52-94.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
iwjpitti: :-)05:45
=== zyga [n=zyga@ubuntu/member/zyga] has joined #ubuntu-devel
iwjSorry about the delay.05:45
pittino problem, I had your test packages05:45
iwjNo significant difference there for you I think.05:46
iwjNow I just need to plumb my freakazoided piuparts into cron.05:47
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@22-48.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stgraber [n=stgraber@client80-83-51-125.abo.net2000.ch] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Spads_ [n=spacehob@106.Red-83-52-94.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== vciaglia [n=vciaglia@host70-158-dynamic.16-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== shackan [n=shackan@host-84-221-58-132.cust-adsl.tiscali.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
azgtemare all the recent boot/install (alternate) cds i386-incompatible?05:55
NafalloI just remembered. my ex-girlfriend installed 7.04 i386 yesterday. in fstab she had /dev/hda for cdrom05:56
Nafalloand now my gutsy had /dev/hdc for cdrom...05:56
Nafallois this known?05:57
=== stv2 [n=stv2@77-96-202-102.cable.ubr03.gill.blueyonder.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
azgtemNafallo: what cpu?05:57
tritiumNafallo: is what known?  that's a possible configuration05:58
zygatritium: isn't the move to sdx affecting the cdrom's?05:58
Nafallotritium: it was a clean, pure, new, installed system.. and the cdrom didn't have /dev/cdrom05:59
tritiumNafallo: ah, I see what you're getting at05:59
tritiumzyga: I haven't seen any details on that05:59
Nafallotritium: that broke gnome-mount for instance :-)05:59
Nafalloazgtem: model name      : AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 2800+05:59
Nafalloazgtem: what THAT can have to do with anything... :-P06:00
Nafalloshould I go back and see if when I last had /dev/cdrom in my gutsy fstab? :-)06:00
Nafallo(daily backups)06:00
azgtemNafallo: semprons 2800+ can't be 38606:01
Nafalloazgtem: amd64 can run i386 code. that's not the problem.06:01
gpocentekdholbach: goffice is ready, I4ll take care of gnumeric tomorrow06:02
dholbachrock and roll06:02
=== dholbach hugs gpocentek
=== dholbach hugs gpocentek some more
=== ssam [n=ssam@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
azgtemNafallo: oh, so you were talking about your problem only, no referrence to mine, right?06:05
Nafalloazgtem: right06:05
azgtemare all the recent boot/install (alternate) cds i386-incompatible? i mean, are they supposed not to work on, say, k6-2?06:06
Nafalloseems silverfairy (the gutsy computer) have had /dev/hdc all the time, so no issue there.06:06
azgtemNafallo: the new naming for hdds is sd* instead of hd*, iirc06:07
Nafalloazgtem: I know06:07
Nafalloazgtem: but cdroms are scd006:07
azgtemNafallo: oh, didn't know thayt06:07
Nafalloazgtem: so we should use /dev/cdrom, which is a symlink that will always point right if we don't screw it up in weird ways :-)06:08
=== bmon [n=monnahan@123.pool85-55-6.dynamic.orange.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ssamis there much chance of Bug #109204 being fixed in feisty? it makes gnumeric mostly unusable on powerpc. the patch is tiny, has been commit up stream, and there are a few positive test reports.06:09
ubotuLaunchpad bug 109204 in goffice "Gnumeric strange colors (purple charts) on bigendian" [Undecided,Fix committed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10920406:09
iwjHmm.  My testbed just failed to reboot properly with EBUSY from mounting the rootfs in initramfs.06:11
iwjJust a normal hard disk partition.06:11
=== yeti [n=yeti@p5493E77E.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== yeti [n=yeti@p5493E77E.dip.t-dialin.net] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== Spads [n=spacehob@106.Red-83-52-94.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nopanic [n=enrico@host144-238-static.56-82-b.business.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tsmithe [n=toby@ubuntu/member/tsmithe] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Spads [n=spacehob@106.Red-83-52-94.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zyga [n=zyga@ubuntu/member/zyga] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508d9fd4.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== antonym55 [n=antony@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== eggauah [n=daniel@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C6865D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Spads [n=spacehob@106.Red-83-52-94.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Alinux [n=alinux@host53-126-dynamic.20-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Alinuxhello all, for my "00:09.0 Network controller: Intersil Corporation Prism 2.5 Wavelan chipset (rev 01)" wireless card th solution described here dosen't work: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.20/+bug/63989/+viewstatus , maybe somoone knows howto fix ?06:52
ubotuLaunchpad bug 63989 in linux-source-2.6.20 "Orinoco_pci affected by re-enabled prism2 drivers" [High,Confirmed]  06:52
=== johanbr [n=j@JBrannlund.MathStat.Dal.Ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-84-38.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zul [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cypherbios [n=cypher@ubuntu/member/cypherbios] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-170-94-19.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Riddellinfinity, Mithrandir: could you give back kdeaddons and kdesdk07:11
=== Gman [i=gman@nat/sun/x-9d81991e755562b4] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== azgtem [i=azgtem@gateway/tor/x-5fdc18f1e54204a1] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sn0 [n=sno_@cpc3-blfs6-0-0-cust294.belf.cable.ntl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== duese [n=Ident@p5484E8FB.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== duese22 [n=Ident@p5484E8FB.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dpm [n=dpm@p54A14118.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== robitaille [n=daniel@ubuntu/member/robitaille] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== f_diogenes [n=f_diogen@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== HiddenWolf [n=HiddenWo@136.213.dynamic.phpg.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== duese [n=Ident@p5484E8FB.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sn0 [n=sno_@cpc3-blfs6-0-0-cust294.belf.cable.ntl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
azgtemso, are all the recent boot/install (alternate) cds i386-incompatible? i mean, are they supposed not to work on, say, k6-2?08:03
=== vciaglia [n=vciaglia@host70-158-dynamic.16-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Yasumoto [n=joe@trailers66.chapman.edu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stgraber [n=stgraber@ubuntu/member/stgraber] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== shackan [n=shackan@host-84-221-58-132.cust-adsl.tiscali.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonazgtem: K6-2 isn't exactly i386 ... anyway, the -generic kernels are CONFIG_M586=y which IIRC should work on K6-208:23
cjwatsonazgtem: failing that, there's http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/feisty/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/386/mini.iso whose kernel is CONFIG_M486=y08:24
cjwatsonazgtem: Debian-based systems haven't worked properly on *real* 386s for a while, due to changes upstream in the C++ standard library08:24
azgtemcjwatson: then look, why can't i boot recent cds (either they be live or installation cds, i386, of course) on a k6-2 computer? as soon as i press enter at the "boot:" prompt (no matter what kernel options, like noapic, vga, acpi, etc., etc., etc.) my computer simply restarts!08:24
azgtemcjwatson: and it looks like quite a low-level problem, since my computer restarts immediately in that moment, not after some attempt to load anything08:25
cjwatsonI'm just giving you the facts as I understand them; I'm afraid I cannot help further08:25
cjwatsonI assume you've filed a bug already?08:25
azgtemcjwatson: good, thanks a lot anyway08:25
azgtemcjwatson: no, not yet08:25
azgtemcjwatson: i was still trying to figure it out myself08:26
jdongcjwatson: can you do backport bug 111630?08:32
ubotuLaunchpad bug 111630 in feisty-backports "backport KTorrent 2.1.4" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11163008:32
jdongfor dapper, edgy, feisty.08:32
cjwatsonjdong: not at the moment, sorry, I have a horrific amount to do before UDS08:32
jdongah, mmmkay :)08:32
cjwatsonand 1.something days to do it in08:33
=== glatzor [n=sebi@p57AEFB11.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== antonym55 [n=antony@] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Ex-Chat"]
=== Hokky [n=hokky@cm-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== psusi [i=hidden-u@iriserv.iradimed.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonasac: ah, I see now, nss and nspr needed a little bit of --forcing as they overwrote Ubuntu changes from another source package08:45
asacyes ... right xulrunner ... which will need redoing08:45
cjwatsonI'm putting them through now08:45
asacperfect 08:46
=== asac constantly hitting reload on launchpad propsed nss source page
seb128asac: is firefox going to use xulrunner at some stage?08:46
asacat some stage yes08:46
seb128we get a bug again this week from an user who want to get epiphany built with it08:47
asacyes right. i would vote to move xulrunner to main and build moz embedders against it08:47
seb128well, that would duplicate your workload08:47
asaci can push xulrunner update on debian side i guess08:48
seb128you would have to fix bug on firefox and xulrunner08:48
seb128and another issue is CD space08:48
seb128to build yelp with xulrunner we would need to get it on the CD08:48
=== gxben [n=gxben@tutuxclan.org] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== azgtem [i=azgtem@gateway/tor/x-5fdc18f1e54204a1] has left #ubuntu-devel []
gxbenhile,  someone knows which package/scripts handles x.org settings autodetection (for liveCD for example) ?08:49
asacok, so unless i get firefox build against libxul we have to wait till ffox 3 i guess08:49
seb128asac: right, I think there is no way around08:50
seb128out of kicking firefox out of the CD08:50
seb128and using epiphany as default browser ;)08:50
=== allee [n=ach@allee.mpe.mpg.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cjwatson_ [n=cjwatson@82-69-40-219.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
asachehe ... in fact making it build against libxul won't be a big problem ... the problem is to do this in a way that makes upstream happy as well ;)08:51
asacwhy isn't there a gnome theme with firefox icons ... then epiphany would at least look a bit like firefox :)08:52
seb128ah ah08:53
=== Kmos [n=gothicx@unaffiliated/kmos] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C1A48C.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
gnomefreakubuntu made the local paper :)08:56
cjwatson_asac: source accepted, binaries will take a bit08:57
=== sbalneav [n=sbalneav@106.Red-83-52-94.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sbalneavHola from Spain!09:01
sbalneavAnyone happen to have ogra's cell #?09:01
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508d9fd4.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== doko [n=doko@dslb-088-073-065-194.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
troy_sgnomefreak: Ubuntu made the BBC09:04
gnomefreaki know :)09:04
troy_sthat's bonkers.09:04
mc44it was even in the business section :)09:05
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-170-94-19.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pkl_ [n=phillip@lougher.demon.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lamont kicks networkmanagler
lamontlibnm_glib_nm_state_cb: dbus returned an error.09:11
lamont  (org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown) The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files09:11
lamontso why is it that gaim doesn't Depend: network-manager?09:11
lamont(which would be bad...)09:11
lamontalternatively, is there a way to hook into network mangler so that I can fix things after it gets done breaking them?09:15
=== alleeHol [n=ach@lapex-mcallee.mpe.mpg.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonasac: is there some magic trick that mozilla hackers use to manage to work effectively with bugzilla.mozilla.org? it's always so incredibly slow any time I try it09:17
asaccjwatson: maybe you should refine your search?09:19
asaccjwatson: what kind of query do you run?09:19
cjwatsonasac: the front page09:20
asaccjwatson: try advance search page09:20
asacand only search for title09:21
cjwatsonah, a little network configuration later and it is somewhat better09:21
cjwatsonnever mind me :)09:21
asaccjwatson: so you are doing bug triaging for mozillateam :) ?09:26
=== ubijtsa [n=ubijtsa@karlsson.force9.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== DHGE [n=alois@i577A943C.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
lemsx1ubijtsa: good afternoon09:27
lemsx1ubijtsa: :-P09:27
cjwatsonasac: no :-), just a bit of research09:27
ubijtsalemsx1: I guess you be in the US then :)09:27
lemsx1ubijtsa: indeed09:27
=== kjalil [n=kjalil@host86-139-182-23.range86-139.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ubijtsa is well impressed with Feisty
lemsx1ubijtsa: i'm even more impressed seeing that Michael Dell uses Feisty on his personal laptop09:29
lemsx1ubijtsa: lol09:29
lemsx1ubijtsa: but, that's off topic ... 09:29
ubijtsalemsx1: lets just say that where I work that has caused some debate09:29
lemsx1ubijtsa: haters09:30
ubijtsalemsx1: how do you mean?09:30
lemsx1ubijtsa: no matter what people will always find controversy in everything (Dell's lying, he's not using that. Why not Fedora/Xandros/Any other) ... you get the idea09:31
ubijtsarite... 09:31
ubijtsastill has a lot of people saying less than well thought through things..09:31
ubijtsaserious question to the devs here, for Feisty+1, will the Xen patches that Red Hat has in RHEL5 be incorporated?09:33
lemsx1ubijtsa: funny you mention that as i'm just working on Xen on Centos 5 (redhat5 variant)09:33
asaccjwatson: if you need anything specicifc from bugzilla, let me know ;) ... i am now mostly gone09:34
keescooklamont: you had mentioned to me a while back that newer bind9's had a better solution for the "allow-recursion { localnets; };" hack I added to ubuntu.  how should I change that for 9.4.1 ?09:34
ubijtsalemsx1: RHEL5's Xen 3.0.3 is very stable (what I can see, and I have run it since Beta1)09:34
cjwatsonasac: thanks09:34
lamontkeescook: uh... dunno... the default is now to do the right thing, rather than what you did in 9.3....09:34
lemsx1ubijtsa: you can assume (safely) that the patches will be incorporated upstream and they will go to Ubuntu as well... but that's just my guess09:34
ubijtsalemsx1: I tried Xen with Eft, and that was not a pleasurable experience...09:35
lemsx1ubijtsa: what's Eft ?09:35
ubijtsalemsx1: Ubuntu 6.1009:35
keescooklamont: ah, so by default 9.4.1 isn't available to open recursion?  if that's true, I'll just do a direct sync09:35
cjwatsonubijtsa: (normally "Edgy")09:35
ubijtsacjwatson: ah, I'll use that for future :)09:36
lemsx1ubijtsa: ah, Edgy is a real name ... ;-) I have not dare using Xen on debian-based systems yet (in 1 year of using Xen)09:36
lemsx1ubijtsa: have you use xen on Feisty yet?09:37
ubijtsalemsx1: what I have seen (I have still to raise a bug in Malone) is within 5 mins, Edgy will reboot the box09:37
lemsx1ubijtsa: no pae on your CPU ?09:37
ubijtsalemsx1: I have the kernel installed, just have to update the dom-U09:37
ubijtsalemsx1: yes, it's a Duron, it has PAE09:38
lemsx1ubijtsa: where did you get the binaries for xen? compiled it yourself?09:38
ubijtsalemsx1: no, straight out of the distro09:38
lemsx1ubijtsa: universe? i didn't know they existed for Edgy09:39
ubijtsalemsx1: perhaps.. you saying that it's been moved in to main in Feisty?09:40
=== shiyee [n=Shiyee@0x535854b3.abnxx4.adsl-dhcp.tele.dk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ubijtsa has to take a better look at this
=== shiyee_ [n=Shiyee@0x535854b3.abnxx4.adsl-dhcp.tele.dk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ubijtsano, still in universe09:42
lemsx1ubijtsa: yeah, in universe09:42
lemsx1ubijtsa: i didn't even see the Xen stuff during my short time with Edgy09:42
ubijtsamight be better to await Xen 3.0.5 in Ubuntu..09:43
=== zul [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== azgtem [i=azgtem@gateway/tor/x-5fdc18f1e54204a1] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittierk, auto-sync mails go to the normal gutsy-changes@ now?09:50
=== gumpa [n=chatzill@s10-33.rb.lax.centurytel.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mbiebl [n=michael@e180072200.adsl.alicedsl.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirpitti: I passed NOMAILS=-M (or NOMAIL=-M), so I thought not.09:51
=== Gman is now known as GmanAFK
Mithrandircjwatson: nss, nspr> ignored since they overwrote other binaries, I started doing a first pass, well, first and then I was going to look at the other new ones.09:52
=== zdra [n=zdra@cable-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonMithrandir: yep, it's ok, I did it09:53
cjwatsonpitti: only NEW09:53
cjwatsonI wasn't sure, couldn't remember how we'd done new synced source in the past09:53
pittioh, that's a lot :)09:53
cjwatsonI can use q -M if people would prefer it that way09:53
MithrandirI'm fine with autosynced NEW going to -changes.09:54
pittiyeah, it's largely just an one-time flood09:54
=== mario_ [n=mario@89-172-228-146.adsl.net.t-com.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== codingmaster [n=codingma@srbk-590fb9cb.pool.einsundeins.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mario_hi codingmaster 10:04
=== mario_ is now known as pygi
codingmasterhello :)10:04
pygiare you tracking me or something? :P10:04
codingmasterjoining ubuntu-devel :p10:04
pygiyou join same second as I did :p10:05
codingmasterok :p10:05
pittihi codingmaster 10:10
=== pitti waves to pygi
pygipitti! :)10:10
pygipitti, we'll have a working brasero in feisty now, yay :P10:10
=== Gerrath [n=Gerrath_@unaffiliated/gerrath] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== svolpe [n=Gerrath_@unaffiliated/gerrath] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonbinary NEW is going to be unbelievably horrific after this10:11
pygicjwatson, did libburn and libisofs went through NEW?10:11
cjwatsonnot yet10:12
cjwatsonanything with 'ubuntu' in the version number we tend to review rather than just waving past10:12
pygiah, oki ^_^10:12
cjwatson(which is not an argument for leaving 'ubuntu' out of the version number!)10:12
pygigot it ^_^ Well, siretart and me checked it ... should be all fine ;)10:12
codingmasterhey pitti :)10:12
cjwatsonI'm sure it is, we just haven't had a chance to do it yet10:13
pygipitti, you all good? :)10:13
=== robitaille [n=daniel@ubuntu/member/robitaille] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kmospitti is in the channel10:13
pittipygi: sure!10:14
pygipitti, glad to hear10:15
lamontkeescook: correct.  Which means that you now get a conffile change  question if anyone edited the file that changed in ubuntu with 9.3...10:16
lamontthat's why I stuck my fingers in my ears for debian and said "fixed in 9.4." :-)10:17
lamontkeescook: allow-recursion localhost; allow-cache-query localnets; iirc10:17
cjwatsonMithrandir: please sync-blacklist linux-modules-di-mips-2.6 (you have it open, so I can't)10:18
Mithrandircjwatson: blacklisted10:19
pygiwe're blacklisting more and more :P10:19
Mithrandirpygi: the blacklist is still quite short.10:19
pygiMithrandir, probably, but it's growing ^_^10:20
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C6865D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hjmf [n=hjmf@6.Red-88-25-28.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonpygi: in this case, it's just another specific example of a category that's been blacklisted since hoary10:30
pygigot it ^_^10:33
tepsipakkiwhat is holding back MoM from working?10:33
brycetepsipakki: did you see DaD?  http://adrishost.homeip.net/DaD/merges/10:35
=== rpereira [n=rpereira@ubuntu/member/rpereira] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tepsipakkibryce: yes, but that doesn't have main10:35
tepsipakki..not that there isn't enough to do in universe ;)10:36
Adri2000tepsipakki: do you want it for main as well?10:36
tepsipakkiAdri2000: I guess it would be useful10:37
pittiAdri2000: indeed it would; the main advantage of MoM from my perspective is the bookkeeping and TODO list10:37
Lutinpitti: what's bookkeeping ?10:38
pittiLutin: trackign 'touched it last' uploader and what needs to be merged still10:39
Lutinpitti: ok10:39
Adri2000Lutin: the current code should work for main/restricted, but we will wait until we have moved to the new, dedicated server (in a few days)10:41
Adri2000pitti, tepsipakki: ^10:41
pygiAdri2000, nice ^_^10:42
pittithanks Adri2000 10:42
tepsipakkiAdri2000: okay10:42
pygipitti, when do we get new REVU? :)10:45
=== marcheu [n=marcheu@lattice.u-strasbg.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittipygi: erm, I'm not a REVU guy10:45
pygipitti, I know :P10:45
pygiI'm just randomly bugging :)10:45
pygiI thought it was worked on and discussed two cycles ago :(10:46
pygiI don't forget things that easily you know =)10:48
=== Monk-e [n=guido-fe@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mdke [n=matt@ubuntu/member/mdke] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiGood night everyone!10:51
=== vrodic [n=vedran@129-83.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pygivrodic, pozdrav :)10:59
pygiajmitch, morning ^_^10:59
vrodicpygi, pozdrav... ti si bio u medi sada?11:00
pygivrodic, nop :)11:00
vrodicvrodic, kakvim developmentom se ti bavis?11:01
vrodicboze, pygi 11:01
pygivrodic, english pls :P11:01
pygior pm :)11:01
vrodicpygi, so what kind of development do you do?11:01
pygiI switched to pm now, ergh :P11:01
=== j_ack [n=rudi@p508d9fd4.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pygivrodic, depends who you ask :)11:02
vrodicpygi, don't know.. among people present at the meeting there were only two or three (if you include me) were software developers11:04
=== hggd1 [n=hggdh@pool-71-170-94-19.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pygivrodic, who was at the meeting anyway?11:05
pygiSenko, Ante, etc?11:05
=== Spads [n=spacehob@unaffiliated/spads] has joined #ubuntu-devel
vrodicpygi, ivoks, splivalo, ante nije bio11:06
pygiante = ivoks o.O11:06
vrodicpygi, i'm semi drunk :)11:06
vrodicpygi, senko nije bio11:06
pygiso drunk that you can't auth so we can switch to pm, and not pollute the channel? :P11:06
vrodicpygi, now now, it's been a while since i last used IRC.. i'll need to setup my router for identd11:08
pygiwhy would you need to configure router for that o.O11:08
=== TomB_ [n=tomb@host81-153-32-119.range81-153.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pygiplus wth? Identd? How drunk are you?11:09
vrodicit says No identd (auth) response11:10
vrodicso i guess i'll need to open up a redirection from my router port 113 to my machine11:10
=== vrodic [n=vedran@129-83.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tsmithe [n=toby@ubuntu/member/tsmithe] has joined #ubuntu-devel
vrodicpygi, i guess i'm pretty drunk :)11:15
=== Spads_ [n=spacehob@106.Red-83-52-94.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Kano [n=kano@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kanohi, how to compile the linux-headers-2.6.22-2 package from gutsy git?11:21
=== stratus_ [n=stratus@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Kanodebian/rules binary-debs flavours=generic11:21
Kanodoes not create em11:21
=== root____1 [n=root@M4048P008.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stdin [i=stdin@unaffiliated/binary2k2] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ion_*Not* a good idea.11:31
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@0-179.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== _Toxicity999 [n=bryan@ns2.gprime.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Toxicity991 [n=bryan@ns2.gprime.net] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== _Toxicity999 [n=bryan@ns2.gprime.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
poningruanyone around who can give some info re: UDS?11:56
poningruwondering if there will be gobby, voip, and irc like last year11:56
=== root____2 [n=root@M4048P008.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-c37e12ab8edc3ef4] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== `23meg [n=m@unaffiliated/23meg/x-000000001] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stdin [i=stdin@unaffiliated/binary2k2] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lukaswayne9 [n=lukas@c-68-84-69-12.hsd1.nj.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pkl_ [n=phillip@lougher.demon.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!