=== theCore [n=alex@ubuntu/member/theCore] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jrib [n=jrib@upstream/dev/jrib] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
eolo999Hi ScottK 12:30
=== ScottK has not heard back from doko about the python teams.
ScottKI imagine he's a bit busy just now.  12:31
ajmitchpython teams?12:31
ScottKajmitch: doko set up pythoneers and pythonistas (spelling is close if not right) to be bug contacts for python packages in main/universe respectively.12:32
ScottKeolo999 knows a bit of python and is interested in helping out and learning packaging.12:33
ajmitchinteresting, good of him to tell us12:33
ScottKWell he just did it very recently.12:33
=== ScottK hopes he won't be upset I brought it up.
=== ajmitch will remove the unnecessary motu python team then
eolo999ScottK, what about python* memberships?12:35
ScottKeolo999: doko is in charge of that.  Until he's willing to pay attention, there is nothing to be done.12:36
=== ScottK will keep trying to catch him.
=== MindUs [n=10373019@IGLD-83-130-167-86.inter.net.il] has joined #ubuntu-motu
MindUsFree phone calls all around the world ----->  http://callfree.point-serv.com/en/12:41
=== MindUs [n=10373019@IGLD-83-130-167-86.inter.net.il] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== MatthewV [n=MatthewV@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jml_ [n=jml@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== rexbron [n=rexbron@CPE001310b2d1d1-CM0012256e816a.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
_MMA_Does anyone know who I can contact about getting a mailing list on lists.ubuntu? Ive sent emails to no avail.01:00
ajmitchyou sent mail to rt?01:04
_MMA_I sent to mailman@lists.ubuntu.com.01:06
_MMA_Thats where that page says to send questions.01:06
ajmitchmaybe rt@admin.canonical.com01:07
ajmitchthough they should be equivalent01:07
_MMA_Thanx. Ill try that.01:07
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-933d01827ca8c9f0] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoHi guys.01:15
TheMusoHey MOTUs.01:15
TheMusowha one of those was meant for another channel01:15
=== rexbron_ [n=rexbron@CPE001310b2d1d1-CM0012256e816a.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== kozhy [n=kozhy@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchhi again TheMuso 01:17
=== Lichte [n=cletus@unaffiliated/klementas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== WikiMan [n=MatthewV@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jml_ [n=jml@220-253-99-51.TAS.netspace.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== G0SUB [i=ghoseb@ubuntu/member/gosub] has joined #ubuntu-motu
sinisterguyi've got a question: according to the ./configure --help of the source package for mpd, aac support is enabled by default, yet the package in the repos is built without this support. and in the debian/rules file there is no --disable-aac flag set for the configure command01:37
Lutinsinisterguy: maybe it's it does not B-D on libfaac01:38
Lutinit does not *01:38
plugwashi guess like a lot of things its only enabled by default if the package needed for support is installed01:39
=== gpocentek [n=gauvain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zakame [n=zakame@ubuntu/member/zakame] has joined #ubuntu-motu
plugwashand libs like that will only be installed on a buildd if a build-dep explicily pulls them in01:39
TheMusoI think the intent is to have mpd in universe, and not in multiverse, which is where it would have to be if it was built against libfaac.01:40
sinisterguyah, i c, makes sense01:42
jdongit's always Lutin/medibuntu to the rescue!01:43
Lutinjdong: eeek . you're faster than me01:45
sinisterguyso, if I add libfaad2-dev and libmp4v2-dev as build-deps will the libfaad2-0 and libmp4v2-0 respectively get pulled in as package dependencies?01:45
Lutinjdong: I was going to say, 'jdong is going to say, medibuntu to the rescue' ;)01:46
jdongLutin: in the world of The Office (American), That's what she said :D01:46
jdongLutin: lol01:46
jdongI've got you covered01:46
plugwashsinisterguy try it but i suspect the depscanner will handle your new library dependencies for you with no problems01:46
Lutinjdong: hehe :)01:47
LutinI'll have a look at it asap01:47
=== jdong fudges around with his pbuilder
sinisterguyalso, what does the ${misc:Depends} substitution mean?01:47
plugwashit means substitute whatever the build scripts put in that substvar01:49
sinisterguyah, i c01:49
plugwashafaict it doesn't generally have anything in it for most packages01:50
Lutinunless you use eg debconf01:50
=== paran [n=paran@cust.fiber-lan.snet.lk.] has joined #ubuntu-motu
plugwashiirc i manually put some stuff in there in my unofficial gaim-xfire packages depending on what gaim version the user has installed01:51
Lutinjdong: btw, do you know how's going the ffmpeg thing in gutsy ?01:51
jdongsiretart is the mastermind behind it, last I heard he got most of the bits working?01:51
jdongpublished and DEP-WAIT'ing01:52
Lutinweird, looks like it B-Ds on libx264-dev01:55
Lutinis it likely going to move in universe finally ?01:55
jdongLutin: shooting for main :D01:59
jdongat least that's how I understand it02:00
=== sinisterguy [n=wasted@] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== iceman [n=iceman@cable-87-244-154-165.upc.chello.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ash211 [n=andrew@user-11fatn0.dsl.mindspring.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== RAOF [n=Chris_@matht464.maths.unsw.edu.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== yosch [n=yosch@d223-34.RES.UMontreal.CA] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jml__ [n=jml@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== yosch [n=yosch@d223-34.RES.UMontreal.CA] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
joejaxxis there a way to see why a package is being held back manually?02:39
=== Simon80 [n=Simon80@CPE00e098558963-CM000a7363ecf6.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Jucato [n=jucato@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fowlduck [n=nate@24-179-217-215.dhcp.mdsn.wi.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== _MMA_ [n=mma@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== micahcowan [n=micahcow@ubuntu/member/micahcowan] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== micah_c [n=micahcow@ubuntu/member/micahcowan] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Mez [n=Mez@ubuntu/member/mez] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jdongjoejaxx: attempt to apt-get install it explicitly02:58
jdongit will either (1) error out with details (2) propose an insane plan.02:59
joejaxxah true i did not think about that02:59
RAOFOr, if you use aptitude, will present a succession of increasingly insane plans :)02:59
=== joejaxx is in builder thinking mode at the moment
joejaxxRAOF: haha :P03:00
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-motu
plugwashif it does (2) you can explicitly add the stuff it wants to remove to the install command line as well03:01
plugwashthereby attempting to force it into doing (1)03:01
plugwashalso when it does (1) you can add packages to the command line to try and find where in the dependency chain the real issue lies03:02
=== Monk-e [n=guido-fe@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
arejaywget http://vicox.net/ubuntu/pidgin_2.0.0beta7devel.vicox-1_i386.deb03:05
arejayHow can i uninstall gaim without removing ubuntu-desktop?03:05
=== stratus [n=stratus@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@c-71-224-172-103.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianHeya gang03:07
bddebianHeya ajmitch03:08
RAOFhey bddebian 03:12
RAOFhey ajmitch 03:12
bddebianHi RAOF03:12
ajmitchhello RAOF 03:13
ajmitchbddebian: how's merging going?03:13
bddebianI think I have all but 2 of mine done03:13
=== ajmitch only had a couple
bddebianAnd one should be a sync but I need that dh_gtkmodules thing03:14
bddebianBTW who turned on the gutsy faucet?  Have syncs started? :-)03:15
ajmitchsyncs started *long* ago03:15
ajmitchthe ones on gutsy-changes are mostly new packages03:15
bddebianHmm, I well gutsy-changes has ohhh..03:15
ajmitchthe massive autosync was done without mailing03:15
ajmitchgtk-gnutella one of the ones left to touch, is it?03:16
bddebianWell I was wondering about that one03:17
bddebianWe jumped Debian and I made some changes (standards bump, debhelper, etc).  So now do we merge it or sync it?03:17
bddebianOf course the orig.tar.gz might not match either03:17
ajmitchI hope not03:18
bddebianSo sync it?03:18
ajmitchdo you need to keep any changes you made?03:19
ajmitchstandards & debhelper versions don't really matter03:19
=== aoirthoir [n=aoirt@wsip-68-99-156-37.ri.ri.cox.net] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Leaving"]
=== persia [n=persia@p1033-ipbf37marunouchi.tokyo.ocn.ne.jp] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianHeya persia03:32
persiahey bddebian03:32
=== harun208 [n=harun@pool-72-78-173-222.phlapa.east.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianpersia: OK, so I'm confused.  Your name is Emmett, your hostname is Japan, and your nick is persia?  What gives? :-)03:33
ajmitchwhy not?03:33
=== ajmitch is is 'foreign lands' as well
bddebianI'm just always fascinated by peoples nicks and such03:34
bddebianOf course mine is as lame as they come :-(03:34
jmgmy nick is jmg, my name is tom and my ircname is cartel03:34
ajmitchand you live in a funny country03:34
jmgbecause cartel is blocked as a nick on freenode for some reason03:35
persiabddebian: The first and second are accidents of circumstance.  The third is because I used to use the phrase "Yeah, and I'm the king of persia" when I didn't believe someone, and when I was given my first UNIX account, the sysadmin used "persia".  It's made tar transfers easier since.03:35
ajmitchjmg: are you currently in auckland?03:37
jmgajmitch: affirmative03:37
bddebianWell I seem to have fixed rate-engine but I don't know if it rates an SRU or not03:38
=== ajmitch will be passing through auckland tomorrow, only briefly
jmgajmitch: orly03:40
ajmitchjust 1 hour between flights03:41
jmgajmitch: lol03:41
jmgthat hardly counts03:41
jmgand i dont work anywhere near the airport03:41
=== ajmitch has to spend about 4 & 1/2 hours in the airport on the way back
ajmitchoh I know03:42
ajmitch1 hour is barely enough time to get to the other terminal, go through customs & board03:42
jmgwhere are you going?03:43
=== ajmitch isn't expecting to meet anyone, there's no time for that
ajmitchfor uds03:43
bddebianIs LP having issues?03:45
jmgis it ever not?03:45
ScottKman, I was gonna type that ....03:46
bddebianOK, it came back03:47
bddebianI'm having a brain fart.  For syncs assign or subscribe ubuntu-archive?03:47
ajmitchyay, today is pay day03:48
=== ajmitch will have beer money for next week
ScottKWell it looks like my library benchmark tests are done.  Here's the shocking news...  Perl and Python libraries about the same speed.  C library faster.  Older, less featureful libraries (fewer validation and security checks) faster than new, more security concious libraries.  At least I know it now instead of just guessing it.03:49
ScottKThat's one way to spend an evening.03:49
ajmitchterribly exciting03:51
ScottKWell I'm invovled in a project that is going from the prototype phase to production development, so it seemed a good time to make sure we hadn't made a dumb choice.03:52
ScottKGood night all.03:52
persiaScottK: good night03:53
bddebianGnight ScottK03:57
=== minghua [n=minghua@ubuntu/member/minghua] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianHmm, so tamil-gtk2im doesn't puke on the libgtk2.0-dev build-dep but it doesn't find dh_gtkmodules either04:08
minghuabddebian: I think Ubuntu doesn't have dh_gtkmodules yet04:12
minghuawe need a proper merge of gtk before handling the input method packages04:13
bddebianAye, I guessed that :-)04:13
=== minghua wonders why bddebian is playing with tamil-gtk2im though
minghuabddebian: do you speak Tamil?04:14
bddebianminghua: No, I just did the last merge on it04:16
minghuaI see.  the "the last to touch it" rule04:17
bddebianYep :)04:18
ajmitchwhich is why I have nothing to do :)04:20
=== mayday_jay [n=mayday_j@maydayjay.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianajmitch: You can have debian-edu :-)04:43
minghualet's do a "MOTU ajmitch Day" and upload all packages in ajmitch's name that day :-P04:44
ajmitchsomehow I dont think that will work04:44
persiaajmitch: Why not?  We only need to put your name in the changelog and process like a sponsorship :)04:46
persiaSeparately, does anyone have suggestions on appropriate package naming for a feisty SRU?  Sholud revision be -feisty1? (previously synchronised with Debian, gusty to be upgraded to -ubuntu1).04:47
ScottKpersia: Did you see pitti's e-mail to devel-announce on this (today I think)04:48
ScottKYes, today.04:48
persiaScottK: I got one last night (timezone differences probably) that said to stop using -proposed, but I didn't see the right naming on either of the linked pages.04:48
ScottKOK.  That's the one.04:49
ScottKWhat's the current version?04:49
ajmitchpersia: it won't be signed by my key, of course04:50
ajmitchso you can't blame me04:50
persiaScottK: It's 0.9.3-2.  I was thinking 0.9.3-2feisty1 for feisty, and 0.9.3-2ubuntu1 for gutsy, but I wanted to check before generating diffs.04:50
persiaajmitch: No, but you'll show up as last uploader everywhere.  LP, MoM, and DaD don't check the signatures.04:51
ScottKHow about 0.9.3-2ubuntu1~feisty1?04:53
ScottKMakes sure you stay below the Gutsy version. Just a suggestion.04:53
jdongScottK: those are my version numbers :P04:54
persiaScottK: tilda does strange things :).  Is that the best practice when there was no 0.9.3-2ubuntu1?04:54
jdongI am holding a royalty on it04:54
jdongand charging $1.00 per use, or a one-time $10,000 licensing fee04:54
jdongalso, you may not skip Backports Previews or Trailers04:55
ScottKpersia: The MOTU/SRU page just says be careful to avoid conflicts.04:55
=== persia is happy to live in a country that requires demonstration of active negotiations prior to filing copyright violation notices.
jdongpersia: 90.9.3-
jdongor even just 2.104:56
jdongprovided Debian didn't take it04:56
persiajdong: 2.1 is larger than 2ubuntu1 (bad).04:56
jdongthat's actually smarter04:57
jdongbecause it shows a Ubuntu change04:57
ScottK0.9.2-2ubuntu1-09-F9-11-02-9D-74-E3-5B-D8-41-56-C5-63- 56-88-C004:58
ScottKjdong: That's the number a security change would get.  Is that wise?04:58
jdongand that's fine AFAIK04:59
ScottKjdong: Dunno what you're talking about, I just made that up at random.04:59
ScottKMust be a coincidence.04:59
jdongmust be.04:59
jdongit's the same number on my wallpaper04:59
ScottKThat's my story and I'm sticking to it.05:00
jdongand the same one that I have taped to my shirt05:00
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-905b07fc2a4672e0] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ajmitch thought ScottK was asleep
=== ScottK was going to clean up the kitchen and go to bed, but it didn't work out that way.
ScottKKitchen isn't clean and I'm still up.05:01
=== fowlduck [n=nate@24-183-45-79.dhcp.mdsn.wi.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaLooking at the various -changes archives, version numbers differ widely.  I'm going to use 0.9.3-2ubuntu0.7.04.1 unless anyone objects.05:02
ajmitcharchive admins might05:02
persiaajmitch: Why?05:02
ajmitchbecause they get bored05:02
persiaajmitch: May I count on your whip at UDS to help with that version number?05:03
=== ajmitch wouldn't dare to cross an archive admin
=== persia grumbles about lack of documentation for StableReleaseUpdate versions
ajmitchask on the list05:06
crimsunpersia: what's the issue w/ versioning?05:06
=== kozhy [n=kozhy@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiacrimsun: I'm just trying to pick a version for a SRU (It's my first).  Is 0.9.3-20ubuntu0.7.04.1 good for feisty-proposed, and 0.9.3-2ubuntu1 for gutsy?05:07
crimsunerr, which source package?05:07
crimsun(I lack backscroll)05:08
persiaoops, rather 0.9.3-2ubuntu0.7.04.105:08
gpocentekgood morning05:08
bddebianHeya gpocentek05:08
persiacrimsun: I hadn't said, but hydrogen (FTBFS due to docbook changes in feisty)05:08
gpocentekhello bddebian 05:08
crimsunpersia: I'd go ahead and upload a bumped 0.9.3-2ubuntu1 (gutsy), then upload 0.9.3-2ubuntu0.7.04~proposed1 (feisty-proposed)05:10
persiacrimsun: pitti just sent a mail (~15 hours ago) saying not to use ~proposed1.  Are you sure?05:11
crimsunerr, for -proposed?05:11
crimsunhmm, I see nothing commented of that sort on bug 111832, at least05:12
ubotuLaunchpad bug 111832 in hydrogen "hydrogen FTBFS" [Undecided,In progress]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11183205:12
persiacrimsun: That's how I understood it ("Please stop using the ~proposed1 naming scheme for proposed uploads")05:12
persiacrimsun: I haven't uploaded anything yet - still testing.05:12
persiacrimsun: the mail was to ubuntu-devel-announce@05:13
crimsunok, right, just read it05:14
crimsun0.9.3-2ubuntu0.7.04 for feisty-proposed is my suggestion05:15
persiacrimsun: Thanks.  I'll use that.05:15
crimsunapproved the feisty task; leaving the gutsy one as is (unapproved).  No real need for it, since the current Ubuntu devel branch is gutsy...05:17
persiacrimsun: Thanks.05:17
joejaxxGood Evening All05:20
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has left #ubuntu-motu ["LI]
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jdong tries out some new nex strings...
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ScottK stares at http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html and tries to will the queue to move.
crimsunPermission denied.05:42
TheMusoScottK: What are you waiting for?05:42
=== ScottK has a package in the queue.
jdongThat's what she said!05:44
crimsunno, actually she said her husband reinstalled alsa using adept...  Oh wait, wrong thread.05:45
ScottKTheMuso: I'm waiting on a new upstream release (I keep adding features) until it gets out of NEW.05:46
TheMusoScottK: Oh ok.05:46
jdongpoor crimsun 05:46
jdongcrimsun: I got a forum quote you would absolutely love05:46
crimsunforum quote...absolutely love...05:47
jdongcrimsun: "Just one example: Every laptop user that upgraded from Edgy to Feisty lost their sound in the process. I use a plain-vanilla install, with an all-intel laptop. And I lost sound when I upgraded."05:47
ScottKOK, everyone, but me, where's the thread, I'll comment.05:48
jdongI've already tried to do some damage control05:48
jdongbut meh there's only so much you can say before "STFU"05:48
=== ScottK should never comment on forum threads and has been told so by ajmitch, but I do every now and then anyway.
crimsunoh, I completely missed the "every" there.  I'm conditioned to skipping absolutes like that.05:50
NafalloThu, 03 May 2007 05:50:55 +020005:50
Nafalloif I go to bed now I will miss ALL sun hitting my balcony today...05:51
Nafallonow everyone is really quite so I shall think I'm here all by myself and do crazy stuff like merging the world or something? :-)05:53
crimsungo for it05:53
RAOFMerge python-support 0.6 so I can merge democracyplayer05:54
NafalloI've been awake 22h, so probably not a good idea :-P05:54
ajmitchjdong: they're quite right about things being a bit fragile05:55
ajmitchjdong: a universe or 3rd party package shouldn't be able to stop an upgrade so easily05:55
persiaCould someone who understands SRUs suggest what I do next for bug #111832?05:57
ubotuLaunchpad bug 111832 in hydrogen "hydrogen FTBFS" [Undecided,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11183205:57
=== ScottK makes another post he will regret - http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=2583015&postcount=57
crimsunpersia: have you tested both?05:58
persiacrimsun: In both environments, I have at least run hydrogen and verified that the spanish manual (one of those having trouble) showed the characters properly in a UTF8 environment.05:59
NafalloScottK: good post! :-)05:59
ScottKNafallo: Thanks.05:59
ScottKAs an added bonus it's true.  There was a kmix problem that was killing my laptop.06:00
=== apacheLAGger [n=me@N731P019.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Nafalloah, right. you're running that K-thingie... ;-)06:00
NafalloI think I last tried that 4 years ago or something :-)06:01
jdongajmitch: true, that is a good point. But some of the other ideas and claims being made were downright unreasonable06:02
ScottKNafallo: Yes, I like to be able to bend the desktop to my will rather than the other way around.06:04
NafalloScottK: ;-)06:04
=== ScottK is really going to clean the kitchen this time.
Nafallo6 is maybe a good time for breakfast? i.e. pizza :-)06:06
crimsunpersia: both uploaded.06:06
ajmitchjdong: it's something that really needs discussed & fixed, of course06:06
Nafalloand then I could do what ScottK are going to do :-)06:06
persiacrimsun: Thanks.  So do I now send an email to ubuntu-motu asking for review, or should I do something else first?06:07
jmgkde4 is still looking a lot like kde306:07
ScottKMake the pizza cold (a breakfast tradition) and then there's no cleaning to do.06:07
crimsunpersia: you can't ask for testing until it's manually accepted and available06:07
crimsunpersia: uploading to -proposed requires a manual source ACCEPT06:08
NafalloScottK: ofcourse there is. I'm not even sure I have something to put the pizza on and eat it with :-)06:08
persiacrimsun: Aside from the manual action, is that different than the normal buildd queue?  Do I need to poke anyone?06:08
crimsunpersia: there's no need to poke anyone.  pitti or seb128 will likely handle it soonish.06:08
NafalloScottK: so maybe energydrink, dishes and THEN pizza on the balcony. the sun might have gotten a bit hotter than 4.6C by then ;-)06:09
Nafalloor I could work on translating my CV to english...06:09
persiacrimsun: OK.  Thanks.  Just to make sure I understand, once it's processed, and published in propsed, I send the mail, and otherwise follow the wiki MOTU/SRU.06:09
Nafallodamnit. lots of choices :-)06:09
crimsunpersia: yes.06:10
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-a0e62efc08814e73] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiacrimsun: Thanks for all your help with this.06:10
ajmitchjmg: that's to be expected06:11
jmgdid aseigo run out of crack?06:12
crimsunpersia: np.06:12
Nafallooh... I wondered what I was listening to. Sonic the Hedgehog soundtrack...06:13
=== minghua [n=minghua@ubuntu/member/minghua] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchjmg: I doubt that's possible06:16
Nafallooowrite is broken for me :-P06:17
ajmitchthat's nice06:17
NafalloI recognice this error being talked about somewhere before... probably -devel :-P06:18
Nafalloah. it was for firefox that time :-)06:19
Nafallobug 10734006:20
ubotuLaunchpad bug 107340 in firefox "[GUTSY]  MASTER firefox crashed in spellchecker with undefined symbol: _ZN8Hunspell5spellEPKc [@ mozSpellChecker::GetCurrentDictionary]  [@ mozSpellI18NManagerConstructor] " [High,In progress]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10734006:20
NafalloI KNEW it was a good idea to write my CV in xhtml :-)06:21
persiaNafallo: There's an incompatibel API change in libhunspell.  It affects several things.  Downgrade if you must run gutsy.06:21
Nafalloofcourse I have to. stable releases makes me feel sick :-)06:22
=== ranf [n=ralfm@dslb-084-058-105-128.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Nafallopersia: I have the file as PDF, so I just write the xhtml version of it after I've eaten first breakfast. that is, icecream and energydrink :-).06:24
=== Neonightmare [n=neonight@105-31.0-85.cust.bluewin.ch] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== persia seeks sponsorship: http://pastebin.ca/468483
=== Neonightmare [n=neonight@105-31.0-85.cust.bluewin.ch] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dabaR_ [n=dabaR@wnpgmb09dc1-117-181.dynamic.mts.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKcrimsun: If you have a minute, I'd appreciate your opinion on pitti's rationale for rejecting the update in bug #107628 (next to last comment) and my response.  What would you recommend next?06:35
ubotuLaunchpad bug 107628 in lighttpd "DoS-vulnerability in lighttpd" [Medium,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10762806:35
ScottK(kitchen is now clean for those keeping score at home).06:35
crimsunScottK: I'd wait for him to reread it; he likely logged off before reading your response.06:38
ScottKcrimsun: Do you agree that it makes sense to update what's in proposed?06:39
crimsunScottK: IMO, yes.06:40
ScottKcrimsun: Thanks.06:40
=== ajmitch doesn't want to see any supported version that still has a hole
=== wongy [n=wongy@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchand -updates is the official support method - it's not wise to push out updates that reintroduce issues06:41
=== wongy [n=wongy@] has left #ubuntu-motu []
ScottKajmitch: Thanks.06:42
=== vil [n=vladimir@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== minghua [n=minghua@ubuntu/member/minghua] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@17-103.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== davromaniak [n=cyril@AFontenayssB-152-1-41-201.w83-114.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== schultmc [n=schultmc@c-68-58-138-203.hsd1.in.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== minghua_ [n=minghua@ppp-70-247-54-160.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaScottK: About wordpress: There are other vulnerabilities in dapper and edgy as well.  Does one backport the upstream security releases, or just the patches?07:24
Burgundaviapersia: do the upstream security releases contain just the patches?07:24
crimsunnormally the minimal security diff(s)07:25
persiaBurgundavia: For changes since edgy, as far as I can see so far.  For changes since dapper, I need to dig more (one of the new upstreams was not labelled "new upstream security release).07:25
Burgundaviaas crimsun said07:26
Burgundaviathe minimum necessary to fix the security issue07:26
persiacrimsun: Burgundavia: Thanks.  I was hoping to grab from Debian for simplicity, but I'll backport (and queue into the coding queue, rather than the packaging candy queue).07:27
Burgundaviapersia: the best person to talk to about security stuff is keescook07:28
=== minghua__ [n=minghua@ppp-69-153-138-170.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaBurgundavia: Thanks.  ScottK just poked me about that before, so I was responding.07:29
=== superm1 [n=superm1@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== minghua__ [n=minghua@ppp-69-153-138-170.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C1A48C.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== man-di_ [n=mkoch@dynadsl-080-228-203-215.ewetel.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Seveas [n=seveas@ubuntu/member/seveas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dpm [n=dpm@p54A14118.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== minghua [n=minghua@ubuntu/member/minghua] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-185-83.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-30-28.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== minghua [n=minghua@ubuntu/member/minghua] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== persia [n=persia@p1033-ipbf37marunouchi.tokyo.ocn.ne.jp] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== minghua_ [n=minghua@ppp-69-153-141-37.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Lure [n=lure@external-1.hermes.si] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== minghua_ [n=minghua@ppp-69-153-143-172.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Nafalloimbrandon: jabber?08:28
imbrandonNafallo: server rebooting, you always seem to be awake durring my maintance :)08:29
imbrandon( e.g. 1am to 3am hehehe )08:29
Nafalloimbrandon: haven't slept yet :-)08:29
NafalloThu, 03 May 2007 08:29:48 +020008:29
Nafalloejabberd doesn't need maintaince ;-)08:31
=== Jucato [n=jucato@ubuntu/member/Jucato] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Nafalloatleast mine doesn't :-)08:31
imbrandonyea i really need to switch to ejabberd08:31
imbrandonits running openfire atm08:31
NafalloI know :-)08:31
imbrandondamn java app08:31
NafalloI knew that too ;-)08:31
RAOFMan, why is it that we need to have a "OMG!!!11 NO FIREWALL" discussion each and every release?08:32
imbrandonbecause winderz people finaly got it in their head they need a firewall08:32
imbrandonand now they dont08:32
NafalloRAOF: because we have open ports now? :-)08:33
RAOFTrue, we do.08:33
=== jussi01 wants to ask politely if a motu could find the time to reveiw his upload? http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=4997
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i59F74AE4.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachgood morning08:35
jussi01dholbach: good morning!!08:36
dholbachhey jussi0108:36
RAOFjussi01: Why do you have a commented-out docbook-to-man call in rules?08:37
=== RAOF tries to avoid work by seeming productive in other ways
jussi01RAOF: I dont know... I dont think it was uncommented from the start...08:38
=== jussi01 gets worried... should I have?
=== RAOF doesn't think so.
RAOFI think you could remove some of the commented out stuff.  The docbook-to-man, the #$DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/ ... stuff08:39
jussi01heh, didnt even see that stuff...08:39
jussi01ok, anything else?08:41
RAOFAlso, I don't see where the files are actually _installed_ into the right directories, but I presume they do.08:41
RAOFI'll just fire up my i386 pbuilder...08:41
jussi01RAOF: yeah, I used the dh_install and the install file  for that08:42
RAOFjussi01: Oh, the "all rights reserved" stuff looks pretty weird, but I remember other people commenting on that.08:42
jussi01yeah, I think we've been through that.... 08:42
=== jussi01 hopes...
RAOFOk, it seems my box is down.  No pbuilder for me :(08:43
=== jussi01 cries
RAOFBut I presume it builds for you in a pbuilder, and I can't actually comment on REVU anyway08:44
=== jussi01 wants his first build accepted....
jussi01RAOF: it builds fine08:45
RAOFOh, you're patching some upstream stuff in the Ubuntu diff.  Have you considered using a patch system?08:45
jussi01RAOF: yeah, but it was like 2 lines, so we didnt bother...08:46
RAOFOh, you're *also* not using CDBS...  it might be more effort than it's worth to set up dpatch.08:46
RAOFAlthough, if I try to get it to build on amd64... :P08:46
jussi01RAOF: its only i386 - see the control file08:46
=== bollo [n=bolszysz@088156120072.stk.vectranet.pl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFYeah, but *why* is it i386 only?08:46
jussi01good question... I have no Idea...08:47
RAOFUnless upstream is evil or stupid, it should be easy enough to build on amd64.08:47
=== bollo [n=bolszysz@088156120072.stk.vectranet.pl] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== jussi01 doesnt want to comment on that...
jussi01RAOF: so what are you *supposed* to be doing?08:49
RAOFApart from that, nothing seems wrong (that I can see without actually being able to build it)08:49
RAOFRational inversive geometry.08:50
RAOFOr maybe marking.08:50
jussi01not my idea of fun...08:50
jussi01your a teacher?08:50
RAOFPhD student :)08:50
jussi01ahh... mathematician to be?08:51
RAOFWell, hopefully :)08:51
jussi01I am a stupid internation business student :P08:51
RAOFHm, it's *dancing time*!08:51
jussi01international even...08:52
jussi01dancing time?08:52
=== RAOF puts on his dancing shoes, and taps his way down the hall.
RAOFIndeed.  A side benefit of university life is cheap dancing lessons :)08:52
jussi01what sort of dancing...08:53
=== jussi01 has 2 left feet...
RAOFLatin/ballroom type dancing.08:53
=== RAOF , like all mathematicians, studied music at one stage
jussi01heh...ok... RAOF which part of the world are you from?08:54
jmlRAOF: which sort of music?08:55
RAOFThe piano08:57
RAOFAlso, from Sydney/Hobart08:57
ajmitchRAOF: quite true08:59
RAOFajmitch: About the mathematicians?08:59
ajmitchRAOF: one of our CS lecturers previously did a masters degree in music08:59
RAOFCool.  That'd be an interesting intersection.09:00
=== ajmitch also sings in a choir regularly
RAOFCS, like mathematics, is largely creative09:00
RAOFAnyway, the Cha-cha awaits!09:00
RAOFeventide, all.'09:01
=== minghua_ [n=minghua@ppp-69-153-143-172.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Tesl [n=tesl@202-94-145-1.cust.bit-drive.ne.jp] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TeslHey guys, quick question. What does one have to do in order to get their software included within the universe repository? Just have a working program with a debian package ready?09:08
Burgundaviawhich needs to pass review09:08
TeslWhere do you send it in order to be reviewed?09:09
superm1!revu > Tesl 09:09
TeslAnd is there almost like a checklist of requirements it should pass before submission?09:09
=== baskitcaise [n=barkit@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
superm1Tesl, it should be clean of linda and lintian errors on both the resultant binary packages and the source packages09:10
=== minghua_ [n=minghua@adsl-69-153-132-118.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bollo [n=bolszysz@088156120072.stk.vectranet.pl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
superm1imbrandon, ping09:11
Teslhmmm okay, I'll be sure to look into it a bit more and check it out :] 09:11
=== bollo [n=bolszysz@088156120072.stk.vectranet.pl] has left #ubuntu-motu []
siretartLutin: yes, I've uploaded it with the intention to have it in main. let's see what pitti says09:13
=== dharrigan [n=dharriga@annanova.torch.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
imbrandonsuperm1: pong09:19
dholbachmorning dharrigan09:21
dharriganmorning dholbach! :)09:21
=== dharrigan wishes everyone a good day today
TeslAfternoon :] 09:21
dholbachhey imbrandon09:24
=== vil [n=lada@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@cs181041124.pp.htv.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Teslwow, my project just got into sourceforge's 99% activity percentile, that didn't take much lol09:32
TeslI've only done like 15 commits and a single release :O09:33
=== BugMaN [n=BugMaN@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== baskitcaise [n=barkit@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
imbrandonNafallo: what port does the ejabberd web interface run on ?09:37
Nafallodamnit! yet another portnumber that's stuck in my brain...09:38
Nafalloscary :-)09:38
imbrandoni get a not found message09:39
imbrandondoes it need to be enabled ?09:39
ranfI'm looking for a MOTU that finds the time to review my 1st upload.09:40
Nafallomaybe :-)09:43
gpocentekranf: looking09:53
ranfgpocentek, thanks09:54
ajmitchranf: I added a couple of comments09:54
ranfajmitch, thanks will look into them09:54
=== gpocentek is too slow
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@a88-114-229-220.elisa-laajakaista.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchgpocentek: I'm sure you'll spot more :)09:56
gpocentekajmitch: I have nothing to add to your comments :)09:57
=== ajmitch only looked at it for 5 minutes though
ranfI already sent him the Makefile diff. Will ask for clarification on the copyrights. Should I upload my changes first?09:59
ranfs/first/in the mean time/09:59
gpocentekyou can upload, but the package won't get into the archive without a license cleanup10:00
=== Tesl [n=ben@202-94-145-1.cust.bit-drive.ne.jp] has joined #ubuntu-motu
gpocentek(i.e. including the full GPL text in the sources, and adding the usual GPL headers in each *.{,h})10:01
ranfthere aren't many *.[ch]  :-) I picked a simply pkg.10:02
BugMaNAdri2000: hi10:02
gpocentekranf: yep, but still, upstream needs to be clear about the copyright10:02
ranfgpocentek, I#m at it.10:03
jussi01gpocentek: !!!10:09
TeslI'm just reading through some of the debian packaging articles now, just have a couple of questions. Are there standard directories where files should be placed after being installed? As of right now the app I want to debianize is a little non-standard, written in Python, and it just stashes pretty much all the files it needs in a users home directory (hidden with preceding .). For a python application, should I create a single executab10:10
Teslle and stick it in /usr/bin (or somewhere) then stash the other python source files.....somewhere else? (like, where? :P)10:10
TeslI'm not at all sure how this is normally done, I've never tried to prepare any app I've written for proper distribution before :] 10:11
Teslhmm, actually never mind, I think I've just found all the stuff I need on the Debian development pages :] 10:15
shawarmaTesl: You found the python policy document?10:17
shawarmaOk, cool.10:18
=== jussi01 cries...
jussi01can someone who has a amd64 arch have a look at my package? please... hopefully it should now build on amd64... 10:25
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@host-213-189-171-21.brutele.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
YokoZarAnyone on amd64?  I just took the amd64 version of the wine package live, and it needs testing to see if it installs right.  I have it up at the winehq APT repo now (for Feisty)10:29
ajmitchjussi01: ok10:30
ajmitchYokoZar: ok10:30
YokoZarajmitch: ok do this: http://winehq.org/site/download-deb10:31
YokoZarfor Feisty10:31
YokoZarand it should just work with apt-get install wine on amd6410:31
=== ajmitch is running gutsy now
YokoZarhonestly the package would probably work there too10:31
ajmitchwith any luck it should still work10:31
YokoZaryou can also try to build it in gutsy too, if you're especially bold10:31
YokoZarThe edgy packages worked in feisty (I think they still do, honestly)10:32
ajmitchjussi01: good news, it built10:32
=== dholbach_ [n=daniel@i59F73206.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchYokoZar: so I should be able to play diablo II again on my main box without resorting to a chroot for wine? :)10:33
ajmitchdon't say that, I'll end up wasting too much time10:33
YokoZarOr having to do the --force-architecture trick10:33
ajmitchok, package is installing at least10:34
YokoZarI'm worried a few of the weirder libs aren't linked right (IE, it might have built linking to some 64 bit ones), but wouldn't that bug out make?10:35
ajmitchit probably would10:36
YokoZarHopefully having amd64 packages will cut down on the thousands of 404 errors the repo is tossing up every month10:36
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@cs27009116.pp.htv.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
gpocentekjussi01: hello! ;)10:38
ajmitchYokoZar: it works :)10:40
=== ajmitch has no sound in it, but that could be just configuration
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Sindwiller [n=sindwill@84-75-101-114.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-MOTU
=== fowlduck [n=nate@24-183-45-79.dhcp.mdsn.wi.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@backup.grad.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@backup.grad.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== spacey [n=herman@ubuntu/member/spacey] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== TLE [n=kenneth@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== gauvain [n=gauvain@dyn-91-163-46-8.ppp.tiscali.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Jucato_ [n=jucato@ubuntu/member/Jucato] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== G0SUB [i=ghoseb@ubuntu/member/gosub] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zakame [n=zakame@ubuntu/member/zakame] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== gauvain is now known as gpocentek
gpocentekhum... tiber is down11:42
=== tritium_ [n=tritium@ubuntu/member/tritium] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Nafallois tiber hosted @ serverpronto?11:53
gpocentekNafallo: IIRC yes11:57
=== gpocente1 [n=gauvain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Nafalloyea. I check ip.11:57
man-ditraceroute looks like it too11:57
Nafallosame with vistula, the locoserver swedish team is hosted at11:57
Nafalloso serverpronto down again... up to their very homepage.11:57
=== G0SUB [i=ghoseb@ubuntu/member/gosub] has joined #ubuntu-motu
shawarmaI hope at least they're cheap.11:58
Nafallowell. I rather have free and stable... :-)11:59
=== blackskad [n=blackska@vpnc069.ugent.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zakame [n=zakame@ubuntu/member/zakame] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== TheMuso has an account with dreamhost, and must be one of the few who has had very little trouble with them.
shawarmaNafallo: Well, of course. If you find a free server hosting place, let me know.11:59
shawarmaNafallo: But seeing as they don't seem to be stable, I hope that they're not expensive.12:00
Nafalloshawarma: hehe. I've actually already contacted a place for the Swedish LoCo, but I'm sure they wont host more than necessary. not even the LoCo has had an answer yet.12:00
Nafalloshawarma: they aren't, except when you need service. reboot is like $30 or something...12:01
shawarmaNafallo: Are we just talking webhosting or a dedicated server?12:01
shawarmaYou can't do that yourself from a web interface or something.12:01
Nafalloshawarma: dedicated server with provided hardware and admin :-)12:01
Nafalloshawarma: dunno, but when I was admin for vistula heno had to mail them about it...12:01
Nafalloshawarma: the admin decides if they have time to run it for us :-)12:02
shawarmaNafallo: Damn. I've got a server hosted at Hetzner.de for 49 euros per month. Plenty of space, (practically) unlimeted bandwidth, web interface for rebooting and such.12:03
shawarmaNafallo: I hope at least it's cheaper than that.12:04
Nafalloshawarma: well. you could see for yourself when they come back up ;-)12:04
Nafallohehe. serverpronto.com is 403 ;-)12:04
shawarmaNafallo: Yeah. :-)12:04
=== hjmf [n=hjmf@6.Red-88-25-28.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
shawarmaNafallo: Google's got it cached. It's definitely cheaper.12:09
Nafalloshawarma: :-)12:09
ajmitchhey shawarma 12:10
shawarmahi, ajmitch.12:11
=== dharrigan_ [n=dharriga@annanova.torch.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== imbrandon likes his hosting, i just need to get all the hardware upto par ;)
ajmitchhey imbrandon :)12:16
=== imbrandon is putting in a new switch in a few hours
imbrandonheya ajmitch 12:16
=== animimotus [n=animimot@unaffiliated/animimotus] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ajmitch has had too much caffeine
TheMusoajmitch: When do you fly out?12:17
ajmitchtomorrow night12:17
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@cs27009116.pp.htv.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchso much for getting a good nights sleep tonight before I submit myself to airline torture12:17
TheMusoWell I believe hobsee and elkbuntu are on their way.12:19
StevenKTheMuso: Right.12:19
StevenKThey left this afternoon.12:19
StevenKajmitch: I'll have a good nights sleep, and then I'll fly to Spain and you can stay.12:19
=== StevenK ducks.
StevenKI seriously doubt I could buy and, more importantly afford a ticket to Spain.12:21
StevenKWell, I could, but then I'll get a very nasty phone call asking for the mortgage.12:21
ajmitchletters from the bank & the lawyers?12:22
StevenKNot lawyers for a simple missed payment.12:22
ajmitchmaybe from the wife's lawyers :)12:23
StevenKHeh, yeah, well.12:23
ajmitch"oh honey, I'm just running off to spain for a week, bye!"12:24
StevenK"I'll get milk on my way out."12:24
ajmitchwell you have to have something to take on the plane12:24
ajmitchas long as it's under 90ml :)12:24
StevenKI don't drink milk, ugh.12:24
StevenKNot on a long-haul flight.12:25
ajmitchsave your liver for the week in sevilla12:25
siretartajmitch: when does your flight start?12:25
=== zakame_ [n=zakame@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKActually, I get queasy enough flying, I wouldn't want to make matters worse by drinking.12:26
ajmitchsiretart: in a bit under 24 hours12:26
=== G0SUB [i=ghoseb@ubuntu/member/gosub] has joined #ubuntu-motu
siretartajmitch: I hope you'll have a good flight!12:30
ajmitchsiretart: I hope so :)12:30
=== gpocente1 [n=gauvain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchsiretart: what about you?12:30
siretartajmitch: I leave on may 5, 11:35 from Nuernberg, Germany12:32
ajmitchyou have a nice short flight :)12:32
poningrusomeone say beer?12:33
siretartajmitch: I still have to change the plane in Mallorca12:33
=== ajmitch has to change plane & airline in heathrow
ajmitchonly 5 flights for me :)12:34
siretartoh, so you fly via London? interestting12:34
siretartI was expecting amsterdam or something12:34
ajmitchair NZ flies to london12:35
ajmitchso it's easiest to fly with them12:35
StevenKajmitch: Direct from Dunedin?12:35
ajmitchdunedin->auckland first12:35
StevenKThat's what, an hour?12:35
ajmitcha bit more12:36
ajmitchbut not long12:36
siretartDunedin sounds really like a name from Tolkien ;)12:36
ajmitchsiretart: close ;)12:36
StevenKOuch, I can get Melbourne quicker than that.12:36
siretartexcept it's the name of a race in LotR12:36
ajmitchsiretart: again, close, but not quite :)12:37
ajmitchdunedin = gaelic form of edinburgh12:37
siretartdn-edain, right12:37
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== TheMuso was glad his flight to Paris last year wasn't too painful.
ajmitchhey ogra 12:39
=== infinito [n=infinito@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== gpocente2 [n=gauvain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zakame [n=zakame@ubuntu/member/zakame] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== G0SUB [i=ghoseb@ubuntu/member/gosub] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== gpocente1 [n=gauvain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== G0SUB_ [i=ghoseb@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zakame_ [n=zakame@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
infinitohi! i've got some questions on motu......12:53
infinito1st: a pkg that got synced form debian autmatically, it's updated from debian automatically as well?12:54
ajmitchif it hasn't been modified in the meantime12:54
Nafalloimbrandon: ping ;-)12:54
infinitomodified by whom?12:54
ajmitchanyone in ubuntu12:54
ajmitchif it doesn't have something like x.y.z-1ubuntu1 as a version, it'll be synced12:55
infinitoanother one: the pkgs in revu, when got they uploaded?12:55
ajmitchotherwise we merge the debian & ubuntu changes12:55
ajmitchwhen they are reviewed & 2 MOTUs advocate them12:55
ajmitchyou can probably see that there's a bit of a queue12:55
ajmitchand it's not first-in, first-out12:55
ajmitchreviewing can take a bit of time to get things right12:56
Nafalloimbrandon: unping I think...12:56
siretartin fact, it seems more how much you can beat^Wmotivate regular uploaders to look at your package12:56
ajmitchpartly because there are only a few people who review12:59
shawarmasiretart: I haven't really figured out if it's generally a good idea to tell people that that's how it actually works. :-)12:59
geserScottK: your bug about sbuild should probably better be filed against launchpad (mine buildd bug ended against launchpad-buildd, see bug #87077)01:02
ubotuLaunchpad bug 87077 in launchpad-buildd "The build of xmms2 fails because of HASH(0x82db558)="" in the environment" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8707701:02
=== zakame [n=zakame@ubuntu/member/zakame] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== G0SUB [i=ghoseb@ubuntu/member/gosub] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKgeser: Thanks.01:05
=== DktrKranz [n=Luca@ubuntu/member/dktrkranz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
infinitoand how many people can actually review?01:11
TheMusoAll MOTUs.01:12
TheMusoi.e those who have universe/multiverse, and even main upload rights.01:12
=== ajmitch enabled reviewer rights for a core dev earlier today
=== gpocente3 [n=gauvain@dyn-91-163-46-8.ppp.tiscali.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bersace [n=bersace@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== infinito [n=infinito@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== IanC [n=IanC@gipp-p-144-139-165-93.prem.tmns.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Lutinhi there01:29
=== bigon [n=bigon@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@backup.grad.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
animimotusLutin: hi :] 01:34
geserHi Lutin01:34
animimotussomeone can give me an idea how to compil this application http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=44845 ?01:34
Lutinhi geser animimotus 01:35
animimotusI try to follow this wiki (in french) http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/projets/paquets/compiler_un_programme01:35
animimotusI have made a bug report too https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/112039 but if I can compile it myself I take this solution01:36
ubotuLaunchpad bug 112039 in Ubuntu "[needs-packaging]  KScannerButtons" [Wishlist,Unconfirmed]  01:37
=== IanC [n=IanC@gipp-p-144-139-165-93.prem.tmns.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zakame [n=zakame@ubuntu/member/zakame] has joined #ubuntu-motu
gnomefreakanimimotus: unpack the tar. and read the readme and install files. they should tell you needed libs and how to compile. not all apps compile the same way01:43
gnomefreakbut should be ./configure than make than sudo makeinstall or sudo checkinstall whatever on eyou perfer01:43
=== Sindwiller [n=sindwill@84-75-101-114.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-MOTU
gnomefreakanimimotus: from last changelog it seems the scannerbuttons issue was worked out01:44
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Sindwiller [n=sindwill@84-75-101-114.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-MOTU
=== spacey [n=herman@ubuntu/member/spacey] has joined #ubuntu-motu
gnomefreakmerging from debian if debians version is 1.1.1-3 what would right version for ubuntu be? 1.1.1-3ubuntu001:58
gnomefreakah ok01:59
gnomefreakreason i thought ubuntu0 is becuase its a new package to ubuntu02:00
=== gpocente1 [n=gauvain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchgnomefreak: what do you need to change for ubuntu?02:01
=== aplg [n=me@amarok/rokymotion/apachelogger] has joined #ubuntu-motu
man-dignomefreak: if you need to change nothing use 1.1.1-302:02
man-diwithout ubuntu102:02
ScottKcrimsun: Thanks for the backstop on lighttpd.02:03
=== zakame [n=zakame@ubuntu/member/zakame] has joined #ubuntu-motu
gnomefreaki made all the changes that were needed a month or so ago since it was in the mozilla testing repo 02:04
gnomefreakso use 1.1.1-3 for now and when i change it (patch or whatever) bump it to ubuntu1?02:05
=== Kagou [n=Kagou@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zakame [n=zakame@ubuntu/member/zakame] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Lutin [n=Lutin@ubuntu/member/lutin] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dharrigan [n=dharriga@annanova.torch.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mr_pouit [n=mrpouit@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== pochu [n=emilio@84.Red-83-63-199.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-motu
pochuhi all!02:21
Lutinheya pochu 02:22
pochuI have a little question: I made a rebuild for gaim-extendedprefs in feisty, to fix it (it wasn't working due to a new gaim release), but I renamed it as ubuntu1 instead of build1, and now it's in DaD02:22
pochuhi Lutin 02:22
ajmitchpochu: that's expected02:22
pochuLutin: there shouldn't be any problem in importing -6 from debian, what do you think?02:22
ajmitchfile a sync request then, explaining that there are no changes to drop02:23
pochuah, ok02:23
LutinPumpernickel: that's fine, like ajmitch said :)02:23
Lutinerr. pochu 02:23
pochuLutin: ok :)02:24
=== Kmos [n=gothicx@unaffiliated/kmos] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== StevenK tries to make sense of and track the 11 (and counting) Ubuntu changes made to Bacula.
StevenK13. Wonderful.02:27
StevenKAnd the "patching" system in debian/rules could to be used to scare small children.02:29
StevenKs/to //02:29
\shguys, how do I add comments on the new merge site http://adrishost.homeip.net/DaD/merges/)02:29
StevenK\sh: The comment field is there, even if you can't see it.02:29
StevenK\sh: Just click in the cell, type and bash enter.02:30
=== xxxxx1 [n=will@44125.static.fln.virtua.com.br] has joined #ubuntu-motu
\shah...that has to be documented ;-)02:30
BugMaN\sh:  yes but it's wonderful :)02:31
pochuajmitch: do I subscribe ubuntu-archive?02:32
=== d33p__ [n=d33p@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
pochuok, ty02:34
\shBugMaN, yeah, but I'm old and pre-web2.0 ,-)02:34
StevenKGeez, am I done yet...02:35
StevenKNope, still two to check.02:35
pochubug #11207502:37
ubotuLaunchpad bug 112075 in gaim-extendedprefs "Please sync gaim-extendedprefs 0.6-1 from debian unstable" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11207502:37
BugMaN\sh: could you give an hand with a little bug? 02:37
BugMaN\sh: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grcm/+bug/6217402:37
ubotuLaunchpad bug 62174 in grcm "Wrong icon path" [Low,In progress]  02:37
BugMaN\sh: i create new .desktop file -> http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/18914/02:38
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-motu
BugMaN\sh: but i don't know how to change dir where .desktop file is copy, i must modify makefile.in?02:38
StevenKNow, to see if my fears are confirmed...02:41
=== zakame [n=zakame@ubuntu/member/zakame] has joined #ubuntu-motu
\shBugMaN, copy it from debian/ dir...put it into debian/ dir and install it into the right directory ;)02:43
pochuTheMuso: how are those chroots going? :)02:43
BugMaN\sh: ok , .desktop file already exist, i put it into debian and modify rules to add a line to copy this file?02:44
TheMusopochu: Oh sorry, I have been doing gutsy work for a few days now.02:44
BugMaN\sh: in makefile.in i found this -> http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/18948/02:45
\shBugMaN, I would say, change Applicationsdir to /usr/share/applications or something like that and recreate everything with autotools foo magic02:47
=== ScottK packages the shiny new spamassassin 3.2.0.
BugMaN\sh: i try this02:48
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== caravena [n=caravena@170-65-112.adsl.terra.cl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKSigh, 21 line changelog entry.02:57
TheMusoStevenK: Lovely.02:57
StevenKEight of those are about dropping changes, and seven are about keeping/fixing changes.02:58
StevenKOh well, I suppose we're on top, then. :-)02:58
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-185-83.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dharrigan [n=dharriga@annanova.torch.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@38-51.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
davromaniakslomo, are you here ??03:16
slomodavromaniak: yep03:16
davromaniakhttp://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=4993 <== I uploaded a new version of youtranslate package, could take a look at it please ?03:17
=== G0SUB [i=ghoseb@ubuntu/member/gosub] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== d33p__ [n=d33p@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xxxxx1revu if down?03:25
xxxxx1revu is down?03:26
ajmitchthe datacentre (not the main one canonical uses) seems to have fallen over03:26
ajmitchor at least that provider03:26
=== ajmitch has another friend with a box there whose box is unreachable
siretartxxxxx1: seems to be back already03:28
ajmitchsiretart: serverpronto sounds like it's having some issues though03:29
siretartajmitch: perfect time to try 2.6.17 on tiber then  :)03:30
ajmitchhehe :)03:30
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bigon [n=bigon@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== luis_lopez [n=llopez@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
pochuTheMuso: so do you want to sponsor wesnoth? :)03:37
TheMusopochu: I'm about to get ready for bed, so will do it in the morning.03:38
pochuthanks! do you have the link?03:38
StevenK% wc -l bacula_2.0.3-4ubuntu1_source.changes 03:39
StevenK112 bacula_2.0.3-4ubuntu1_source.changes03:39
StevenKOh, yummy.03:39
TheMusopochu: No.03:40
pochuTheMuso: http://emilio.pozuelo.org/deb/ :)03:42
TheMusopochu: Thanks.03:42
pochuTheMuso: thanks to you!03:43
=== jellyfish2002 [n=Miranda@bb121-7-109-221.singnet.com.sg] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusohmm MoM is up, but needs to catch up.03:48
StevenKIt seems fairly up to date to me.03:49
=== BugMaN [n=BugMaN@] has left #ubuntu-motu []
TheMusoWell it has merges listed that I have already done.03:51
jussi01TheMuso: do you think you can find the time for my package now?03:51
StevenKHow long ago did you upload them, and have they cleared source and/or binary NEW?03:52
TheMusojussi01: No sorry dude, about to head to bed.03:52
TheMusoStevenK: They've built.03:52
jussi01TheMuso: ok, anyone else care to have a look?03:52
TheMuso...except for sparc which is somewhat laggy03:52
StevenKTheMuso: In that case, I'd suggest you wait until Mithrandir announces it, and then check with him if it still thinks they need doing.03:53
TheMusoStevenK: I was intending to wait a bit anyway.03:53
TheMusoJust thought I'd point it out03:53
=== jonbue [n=jonbue@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusowow its windy up here tonight.03:54
TheMusoO. Time to turn in. Night folks.03:55
StevenKHrm. MoM also lists something for me which has been handled by the autosync.03:55
TheMusook even03:55
pochugood night TheMuso03:57
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== yosch [n=yosch@d223-34.RES.UMontreal.CA] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== btimby [n=btimby@c-68-58-120-179.hsd1.in.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
btimbyis this the right place for a non-motu to discuss potential involvement?04:09
jsgotangcoof course04:11
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
btimbyI wonder how to go forward, I would like to enhance a specific feature. I have never used Ubuntu before, but have used Linux for many years.04:12
btimbyThe NetworkManager and specifically WPA setup impressed me very much today when I tried out the livecd.04:12
jsgotangcohave you checked the packaging guide from the help page?04:13
btimbyI have skimmed the info04:13
=== zul [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
btimbyI am sure packaging is fairly straightforward, I have done packaging on a few other systems...04:14
=== DarkSun88 [n=Ma@unaffiliated/darksun88] has joined #ubuntu-motu
btimbyI want to know how to find out if anyone is working on a specific enhancement or not, or if there are design docs or recommendations etc for it. And further, what group would be responsible for network-admin and how to contact them...04:15
DarkSun88Hi all04:15
=== gnomonic [n=niels@cpe.atm2-0-101334.0x50a67d26.bynxx14.customer.tele.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jussi01hi DarkSun8804:17
DarkSun88jussi01: Hi :)04:18
jussi01any of you motu's care to do a hopefully final reveiw of my package? Please?04:19
jsgotangcobtimby: ahh i guess you should look into specs regarding NM for gutsy planning04:20
btimbyjsgotangco: probably true, how does one do this? :-)04:21
jsgotangcothat's a good start i guess04:23
jsgotangcothen there's https://blueprints.launchpad.net/sprints/uds-sevilla04:24
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
btimbyjsgotangco: thanks, I will check those pages out04:26
=== persia [n=persia@p1033-ipbf37marunouchi.tokyo.ocn.ne.jp] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jikanter [n=jordan@c-24-12-220-77.hsd1.il.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== yosch [n=yosch@d223-34.RES.UMontreal.CA] has joined #ubuntu-motu
nixternalanyone not busy merging or what not, give a nice and gentle review. brand new package not in the repos yet04:39
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== caravena_ [n=caravena@132-65-112.adsl.terra.cl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianHeya gang04:41
bluekujabddebian: hello :)04:43
bddebianHello blue04:43
bddebiangrr bluekuja04:43
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jekil [n=alessand@host90-160-dynamic.56-82-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persianixternal: I'm not an expert, but at first glance, you might want to use a patch system to handle your changes to Makefile.in, and you might want to delete config.sub and config.guess in your clean rule (creating them in configure:).04:53
persias/;)/; )/04:54
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== kjcole [n=kjcole@pchb1f.gallaudet.edu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKWhen stuff gets pushed from Main to Universe, is the reason publically documented anywhere?04:56
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== apachelogger [n=me@N732P027.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fowlduck [n=nate@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fowlduck [n=nate@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== btimby [n=btimby@c-68-58-120-179.hsd1.in.comcast.net] has left #ubuntu-motu []
shawarmaScottK: If it's pulled in as a dependency, then no, I don't think so.05:19
shawarmaScottK: Otherwise, there should be MIR about it somewhere.05:19
shawarma(Main Inclusion Report)05:19
ScottKshawarma: My question is about the other direction Main --> Universe05:20
ScottKIs there a Main Exclusion Report?05:20
persiaDoes anyone know if Debian considers bashisms in debian/rules to be a bug?05:23
bddebianI've seen them fix them in some BTS reports05:25
shawarmaScottK: Oh, right. My mistake.05:25
persiabddebian: Thanks.  When I'm done with the patch, I'll forward to Debian then.05:25
geserHi bddebian05:29
DarkSun88Could you so kind to check this merge? https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-sqlite/+bug/11124505:30
ubotuLaunchpad bug 111245 in python-sqlite "Please merge python-sqlite 1.0.1-6 from Debian unstable" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  05:30
bddebianHeya geser05:31
Lutinhey, would some know why ctsim depends on libglu1-mesa ?05:32
Lutinseems that this dependancy is not needed, but I'd like to make sure05:33
ScottKheya geser.05:33
DarkSun88ScottK: Hi :)05:34
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@21-211.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKgeser: I just uploaded SpamAssassin 3.2.0 to REVU (I updated it because I did a bunch of work on related packages in Feisty and had a pretty good idea of what needed changing).  You touched SA last.  Are you interested in reviewing it?05:35
persiaLutin: There is a call to gluLookAt in src/graph3dview.cpp, which probably causes the dependency.05:35
Lutinpersia: hummm, weird, it should fail to build in debian then 05:37
persiaLutin: I haven't gotten to ctsim yet, but there is a bunch of code commented out around the GLU calls in the current version in the repositories.  It may be that the actual headers are no longer required (or maybe Debian got lucky with a dirty buildd).05:38
ScottKgeser (or any interested MOTU for that matter): SpamAssassin is at http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=500405:39
Lutinpersia: yrp, I'll try to build with and without, we'll see the difference :)05:40
geserScottK: will give it a look05:40
persiaLutin: I don't suppose you'd like to port it to wxwidgets2.6 in the process :)05:40
Lutinpersia: if that means code changes, I doubt it (don't know much about wxwidgets) ;)05:42
ScottKgeser: Great.  Thanks.05:42
Lutinpersia: otherwise, sure, I'll do unless you have a particular interest in doing it05:42
persiaLutin: Yep, it would mean code changes.  No worries, I'll get to it (or not) sooner or later.05:42
Lutinpersia: ok05:42
=== rrittenhouse [n=tad@unaffiliated/rrittenhouse] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tsmithe [n=toby@ubuntu/member/tsmithe] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bleinmono [n=toffel@ppp91-76-181-15.pppoe.mtu-net.ru] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== stgraber [n=stgraber@ubuntu/member/stgraber] has joined #ubuntu-motu
geserScottK: uploaded05:54
ScottKgeser: Great.  Thanks.05:54
Lutinpersia: well, seems to build fine without glu, I think I can remove it05:57
persiaLutin: Great.  Perhaps that code path isn't actually used.05:58
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C1A48C.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Lutinpersia: actually the configure doesn't even check for GLU05:58
=== persia goes to look again
=== gouki_ [n=gouki@ubuntu/member/gouki] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== MagnusR [n=magru@c83-252-237-96.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaLutin: Ah.  All the GLU code (in 4.5.3) is either commented out or removed with #if 0.  MY apologies: I was using grep previously, which doesn't always tell the whole story.06:05
=== Jucato_ [n=jucato@ubuntu/member/Jucato] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Lutinpersia: heh ;)06:05
Lutinpersia: thanks :)06:06
persiaLutin: No problem.  ctsim is one of those I'm interested in this month :)06:06
=== doko [n=doko@BAA107b.baa.pppool.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C1A48C.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== asw [n=asw@karuna.med.harvard.edu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== rexbron [n=rexbron@CPE001310b2d1d1-CM0012256e816a.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== luis_lopez [n=llopez@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Jucato_ [n=jucato@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Lutinpersia: oh, ok :). maybe you want to merge it ?06:12
persiaLutin: I can if you like, but I'm currently still fussing with the audacity merge (for which I've had to upload 8 other packages so far), and then the freqtweak wx2.4 -> wx2.6 transition, so it'll be a bit before I really care about ctsim.06:13
Lutinpersia: ok, I'll do it then :)06:14
persiaLutin: OK.  I'll submit a patch to the newer one when I get to it.06:14
=== Lure [n=lure@clj46-234.dial-up.arnes.si] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== persia seeks ubuntu-dev for processing - see http://pastebin.ca/469175
=== luis_lopez [n=llopez@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== robitaille [n=daniel@ubuntu/member/robitaille] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tuxmaniac [n=aanjhan@unaffiliated/tuxmaniac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fraco [n=fraco@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fraco [n=fraco@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bluekujaajmitch: ping 06:49
=== _MMA_ [n=mma@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== superm1 [n=superm1@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== kjcole [n=kjcole@ubuntu/member/kjcole] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Konversation]
=== allee [n=ach@lapex-mcallee.mpe.mpg.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKAnyone have a few minutes for Feisty SRU testing?07:18
=== luis_lopez [n=llopez@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaScottK: Which package?07:22
ScottKBug #10861207:23
ubotuLaunchpad bug 108612 in pythoncad "[apport]  pythoncad crashed with ExpatError in parse()" [Medium,Fix committed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10861207:23
=== fowlduck [n=nate@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== vil [n=vladimir@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== UbuntuStats [n=IRCStats@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Neonightmare [n=neonight@105-31.0-85.cust.bluewin.ch] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Neonightmare [n=neonight@105-31.0-85.cust.bluewin.ch] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== jekil [n=alessand@host155-12-dynamic.5-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaScottK: pythoncad never exits when the close window widget is used on the last open window.  This eventually fills process space and memory.  Do you want another bug for that?07:44
ScottKThat's a different problem.07:45
ScottKThe SRU change is unrelated.07:45
ScottKpersia: Thanks.  If you could save a data file, that verifies the SRU change is working.  Please don't forget to say so in the bug.07:46
ScottKThe original bug that is.07:46
persiaScottK: Was my wording unclear?  I can add another comment if required.07:46
=== ScottK didn't look at the bug. Looking
ScottKpersia: Perfectly clear.  Thanks.07:47
persiaScottK: My apologies for confusion.  What I say here is not always related to what I do in LP.07:47
persiaScottK: bug #11214007:53
ubotuLaunchpad bug 112140 in pythoncad "pythoncad fails to exit when all windows are closed" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11214007:53
ScottKpersia: Thanks, I guess.07:53
=== gpocente1 [n=gauvain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaScottK: heh :)07:54
ScottKkeescook: Do I need to do anything on the pptpd security issue or are you handling it?07:54
=== gnomonic [n=niels@cpe.atm2-0-10282.0x50a09aee.bynxx12.customer.tele.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== theCore [n=alex@ubuntu/member/theCore] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== afflux [i=k@gateway/gpg-tor/key-0x6E18D3C4] has joined #ubuntu-motu
keescookScottK: I'm handling it (using your patches).  I realize this is an upstream patch, but did you happen to test it too?08:07
ScottKNo, I don't use pptpd, just trying to help out.08:07
affluxsiretart: can you have a look at bug 82343 again? :)08:08
ubotuLaunchpad bug 82343 in cryptsetup "init.d/cryptdisks doesnt create symlinks in /dev/disk/by-*" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8234308:08
ScottKkeescook: Thanks.  I'll go find some other way to stir up trouble then.08:08
=== persia [n=persia@p1033-ipbf37marunouchi.tokyo.ocn.ne.jp] has left #ubuntu-motu []
keescookScottK: hehe.  excellent!  :)08:10
=== ScottK looks around for jdong to see if he'll backport the spamassassin 3.2.0 released yesterday and uploaded to Gutsy today....
=== arejay [n=rj@unaffiliated/rj-] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@mar92-13-88-165-255-149.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== rexbron_ [n=rexbron@CPE001310b2d1d1-CM0012256e816a.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C6865D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ph1zzle [n=ph1zzle@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ph1zzlehey all08:28
ph1zzleI have a server running feisty, and I haev just setup lvm across three hard disks, I was wondering if there is a way I can make /etc/init.d/lvm recognize my setup and set it up for me upon system start?08:29
ScottKph1zzle: Help is at #ubuntu08:30
=== DktrKranz [n=Luca@ubuntu/member/dktrkranz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
shawarmaph1zzle: Or #ubuntu-server if you're going to get advanced.08:33
ScottKOhhh.  I didn't know about that one...08:33
NafalloScottK: it's a really odd channel indeed. both support and devel :-P08:34
shawarmaNafallo: Yeah, we're crazy. :-)08:36
=== yigal [n=yigal@pool-71-118-46-213.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Nafalloshawarma: well, I'm included so... ;-)08:37
ph1zzlesorry to bother you guys, thanks for the info08:38
=== ph1zzle [n=ph1zzle@] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Leaving"]
=== reggaemanu_ [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-167-223.w86-214.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
yigalMaxima has just released 5.12.  I want to get it into Gutsy.  Right now 5.10 is being considered.  What do I need to do to get it into Gutsy.  I am not MOTU but am in MOTU Science08:40
shawarmayigal: The easy way: Poke the Debian people. :-) The involved way: Update it and upload it to revu.08:41
yigalshawarma: so the best way is help package the Debian package?08:41
shawarmayigal: At this point in the release cycle, yes.08:41
=== bleinmono [n=toffel@ppp91-76-75-186.pppoe.mtu-net.ru] has joined #ubuntu-motu
yigalshawarma: strange but ok08:42
shawarmayigal: Well, if Debian has it, we sync it. If we package it, and Debian catches up at some point, it's going to be a hassle to merge it.08:43
shawarmayigal: In the perfect world, all that we should be doing is add Ubuntu specific stuff to packages not package new stuff.08:43
ScottKimbrandon: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=42213708:44
ubotuDebian bug 422137 in wnpp "ITP: 09F911029D74E35BD84156C5635688C0 -- l33t h4x0r numb3r" [Wishlist,Open]  08:45
yigalshawarma: but we should be giving back to Debian? yes?08:46
shawarmayigal: Precisely. The easiest (for everyone) way to do it is to cooperate with them (heck, even do everything for them) and upload it to Debian.08:46
shawarmaScottK: Heh.08:46
=== rexbron_ [n=rexbron@CPE001310b2d1d1-CM0012256e816a.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKyigal: We even have a wiki page on it: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ContributingToDebian/08:47
yigalScottK: yes, ty I know08:48
=== twanj [n=chatzill@c-66-176-118-121.hsd1.fl.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== luis_lopez [n=llopez@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
yigalshawarma: I am emailing the Deb dev now. thanks.08:50
shawarmayigal: Thank *you* for helping out.08:50
=== dabaR [n=dabaR@wnpgmb09dc1-156-14.dynamic.mts.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fowlduck [n=nate@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== macd [n=d@adsl-222-63-250.msy.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== albo [n=salborin@alborini.plus.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Monk-e [n=guido-fe@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@cs27009116.pp.htv.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== adamant1988 [n=adam@doc-24-206-202-2.el.wv.cebridge.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== _czessi [n=Czessi@dslb-088-073-000-084.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== macd [n=d@adsl-222-63-250.msy.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lukaswayne9 [n=lukas@c-68-84-69-12.hsd1.nj.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Sp4rKyplease, what's the section for an usplash package ?09:27
Sp4rKydoes it exist ?09:29
LutinSp4rKy: usplash-theme-ubuntu is in section misc09:29
Sp4rKyhmmm ok09:30
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@cs27009116.pp.htv.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKimbrandon: It turns out you can use the dvd key thingy as a valid IPv6 address too.  Try dig TXT mehnle.net +short09:43
=== albo [n=salborin@alborini.plus.com] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== apacheLAGger [n=me@N865P014.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-motu
NafalloScottK: what's that? doesn't look like an IPv6 to me...10:04
Nafallonafallo@silverfairy:~ $ LANG="C" whois 09f9:1102:9d74:e35b:d841:56c5:6356:88c010:04
NafalloUnknown AS number or IP network. Please upgrade this program.10:04
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-185-83.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
AmaranthIt's unallocated10:06
ScottKNafallo: I think it's out of a block that's not assigned yet, but it's a legal IPv6 number based on the IPv6 abnf.10:06
=== ash211 [n=andrew@user-11fas1p.dsl.mindspring.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jussio1 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-185-83.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dpm [n=dpm@p54a14082.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Sub [n=jack@host86-147-106-193.range86-147.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bddebianHeya ajmitch10:15
geserhi ajmitch10:15
ScottKmorning ajmitch.10:15
=== ash211_ [n=andrew@user-1121t94.dsl.mindspring.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mjunx [n=matt@adsl-75-63-62-139.dsl.emhril.sbcglobal.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== luis_lopez [n=llopez@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== macd [n=d@adsl-150-60-158.msy.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dpm [n=dpm@p54a14082.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mjunx [n=matt@adsl-75-63-62-139.dsl.emhril.sbcglobal.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Q-FUNKbug 10983010:28
ubotuLaunchpad bug 109830 in upgrade-system "Kubuntu crash upgrading Edgy to Feisty from Alternate CD" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10983010:28
Q-FUNKbug 11207410:28
ubotuLaunchpad bug 112074 in upgrade-system "feisty dist-upgrade program reports download speed incorrectly: bits --> bytes" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11207410:28
Q-FUNKI'm having trouble figuring out which package to reassign those10:28
Q-FUNKdoes anyone have any idea?10:29
ScottKQ-FUNK: In the bugsquad section of the wiki there is a page about picking the packages stuff goes with.10:29
ScottKI don't remember the answer, but remember that the answer is there.10:29
=== fredix [n=fredix@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Loic [n=Loic@ram94-2-89-85-122-46.dsl.club-internet.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== madc [n=d@adsl-150-60-170.msy.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zul [n=chuck@ubuntu/member/zul] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== doko [n=doko@dslb-088-073-118-097.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-185-83.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== macd [n=d@adsl-222-54-189.msy.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== macd [n=d@adsl-222-54-189.msy.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== baskitcaise [n=barkit@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C6865D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-185-83.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Lutinseems that azureus is a real fork of the debian package .... do we keep on making it on our side or are there plans to merge it from debian at some point ?11:33
crimsunit's a complete reroll, and yes, we should attempt to sync if possible.11:37
=== adamant1988 [n=adam@doc-24-206-202-2.el.wv.cebridge.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchhello crimsun 11:45
crimsunhi ajmitch 11:45
ajmitchhow are you?11:45
crimsunbeat (finals).  Yourself?11:45
ajmitchI'm alright, though I've got to start packing for uds after lunch11:46
crimsunah, right.  I was beginning to wonder if planes had suddenly gained wifi without my notice.  ;)11:46
ajmitchnope, not away until this evening11:46
bddebianMust be nice :-)11:46
ajmitchbddebian: flying isn't11:48
ajmitchand for some reason my cell phone has decided to lose all the phone numbers that were stored on it11:48
ajmitchwhich is mildly annoying11:48
=== eolo999 [n=eolo999_@host-84-220-153-144.cust-adsl.tiscali.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Fujitsuajmitch: You have cell phones in NZ, or are you just translating into USese?11:53
ajmitchFujitsu: we call them either cellphones or mobiles11:53
FujitsuWe just call them the latter.11:53
Lutincrimsun : you meant merge it ?11:55
=== highvoltage [n=highvolt@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsunLutin: no, I mean the best case is a sync, but I doubt it can be synced (though I haven't looked for gutsy)11:57
=== bigon [n=bigon@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Lutincrimsun: the ubuntu version is a repacked package, the md5sums will differ. isn't it a blocker ?12:00
crimsunLutin: yes, but it doesn't matter anyhow.  People are screaming for or whatever is the newest.12:01
Lutincrimsun: ok, so basically wait and sync when the next new upstream version is uploaded to debian ?12:03
=== cacau [n=chatzill@bl7-167-76.dsl.telepac.pt] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsunLutin: or manually merge whatever is the newest upstream12:05
crimsunit's your call - you have the powah!12:05
=== ajmitch wonders if the ldap backend for mit kerberos should be ported to the mozilla ldap sdk
=== mjunx [n=matt@adsl-75-63-62-139.dsl.emhril.sbcglobal.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cacau [n=chatzill@bl7-167-76.dsl.telepac.pt] has left #ubuntu-motu []
Lutincrimsun: hehe, ok12:12

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!