jmgan ftp12:12
beunotheirs no official mirror in Argentina, and I was wondering if there was any requieremnts12:14
LaserJockanybody know if you have to have a core-dev OK a sync request of a Main package?12:14
beuno(as in bandwidth, for example)12:14
beunojmg: so just setup the mirror, and publish it on the wiki?12:16
Nafallobeuno: #ubuntu-mirrors is probably a better place to ask. but I'd guess most people are asleep now.12:17
beunoNafallo: right, didn't know that even existed, I'll hang around there, thanks!12:17
pochuLaserJock: the wiki page says any core should, yes. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SyncRequestProcess12:18
Nafallonp :-). would be good to have one I think :-)12:18
beunoNafallo: I've got a 10mbit connection available and some hardware, I'm just not sure if it will sufice  :D12:19
Nafallohehe, not me either, but I live in Sweden :-)12:19
Nafallowe have atleast three gigabit sites and the official at 2gbit :-P12:20
beunoNafallo: heh, I don't see anything even remotely close being available here  :(12:20
Nafalloindeed. but Sweden has fiber everywhere so... :-)12:21
=== dharrigan [n=dharriga@82-71-62-76.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoHey all.12:29
ajmitchhey TheMuso 12:29
Lutinhey TheMuso 12:32
=== _czessi [n=Czessi@dslb-088-073-010-215.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== iceman [n=iceman@cable-87-244-154-165.upc.chello.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Burgwork [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Harun208 [n=harun@pool-72-78-6-47.phlapa.east.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== angasule is now known as angas
=== angas is now known as angasule
=== reggaemanu [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-117-15.w86-210.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== reggaemanu_ [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-117-15.w86-210.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== micahcowan [n=micahcow@ubuntu/member/micahcowan] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== reggaemanu [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-117-15.w86-210.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Sarah [n=user@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== concept10 [n=concept1@ppp-70-247-163-181.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== angasule [n=angasule@] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Konversation]
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== TomaszD [n=tom@unaffiliated/tomaszd] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseemorning all01:44
ajmitchhey Hobbsee 01:44
ScottKGood morning Hobbsee01:44
TheMusoHeya Hobbsee, ScottK.01:44
ScottKHello TheMuso01:45
=== TheMuso hates mirrors when they have MD5Sum mismatches.
=== jmg hates mirrors when they make him look fat
ajmitchhm, almost lunchtime already01:47
ScottKIf anyone from the Australia/NZ contigent is up for it, I put the "almost builds" edition of clamav-alt up on REVU... http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=525401:47
jmgajmitch: yes01:47
ajmitchthe morning goes fast when you only get into work at 9:3001:47
ajmitch(and was up until nearly 4am)01:47
jmgajmitch: were01:47
ajmitchpirates of the caribbean 3 wasn't too bad01:47
ScottKWas it better than #2?01:48
=== jmg is going tomorrow
ajmitchScottK: yeah, I think so01:48
ajmitchit was long though01:48
jmgdid they leave it open for pirates4?01:48
ajmitchjmg: oh yes01:49
ScottKDid it have an actual ending as opposed to we're just pausing in the story for a moment?01:49
=== ScottK hasn't seen it and I know there's an opening for a #4...
ajmitchScottK: thankfully it did, but it was still left open01:49
ScottKOf course.  It has to be left open.01:49
ajmitchso it would work just having 3 movies, rather than the 1 & 1/2 that we did have01:50
ajmitchsince this one was nearly 3 hours01:50
ScottKAny opinion on the violence level compared to #2?  #2 was IMO marginal for my 13 year old to go to.01:50
ajmitchfairly violent01:50
=== TheMuso wonders if aurora is being hammered in any particular way...
ajmitchnot too much blood & guts though01:51
ajmitchyay, ia32-libs conflict01:51
tritiumajmitch: you've already seen 3?01:51
=== reggaemanu [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-117-15.w86-210.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
tritiumIt's not even open here yet!01:51
ajmitchtritium: I'm in NZ, of course01:51
HobbseeTheMuso: it shouldnt be today..01:52
TheMusoHobbsee: Right.01:52
ajmitchsaw it at midnight01:52
HobbseeTheMuso: however, i've been using it extensively in the past few days01:52
TheMusoInteresting... I can't seem to connect. Its just sitting there doing nothing.01:53
=== tritium will see it tomorrow
TheMusobah! Conection timed out!01:54
=== ajmitch wonders where his upload disappeared to
HobbseeTheMuso: i was having slight problems with that yesterday too - not sure if he's torrenting or something01:55
=== ajmitch uploaded > 20 minutes ago, no mail yet
TheMusoHobbsee: Right.01:55
Hobbseeajmitch: i'm thinking it's delayed01:55
TheMusoAre all these net oddities a coincidence?01:55
ajmitchHobbsee: possibly01:56
Hobbseesome of kde stuff has come back delayed01:56
ajmitchlaunchpad slow, or just the mailserver?01:56
=== ajmitch will look after lunch, don't care now
LaserJockhmm, 144 updates for my sarge box01:58
=== Ademan [n=dan@h-67-101-47-247.snfccasy.dynamic.covad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Ademananyone familiar with frostwire?  is there an itp for that or what?02:00
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/Amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zul [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== reggaemanu [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-117-15.w86-210.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
PriceChildAny motu's willing to take a look over http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5249 ? persia mentioned "special attention to the copyright provisions and the compliance with python policy." would be good :)02:09
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== concept10_ [n=concept1@ppp-70-247-163-181.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
fernandohey all02:13
=== popey [n=alan@ubuntu/member/popey] has joined #ubuntu-motu
welshbyteThis channel does not have supercow powers02:19
Hobbseehi popey 02:19
joejaxxwelshbyte: how can it not? we use apt02:19
jmg-vvvvvvvv moo02:19
LaserJockI don't suppose there is anybody with a gutsy amd64 pbuilder and a fast connection around?02:20
tritiumLaserJock: I intend to set one up very soon02:21
tritium(maybe this weekend)02:21
LaserJockthat's not soon enough :-)02:22
tritiumheh, sorry ;)02:22
LaserJockI need one NOW!02:22
LaserJockwell, I think I'll just do this without02:23
LaserJockthere's still plenty of time to fix Main packages I break, right?02:23
joejaxxLaserJock: last resort: qemu-x64 02:23
welshbyteLaserJock: sure, while you're fixing the rest of them ;)02:23
=== welshbyte ducks
HobbseeLaserJock: StevenK's at home, else i''d suggest him.02:23
Hobbseeer, at work02:24
HobbseeLaserJock: imbrandon's aurora is i386, right?02:24
HobbseeLaserJock: what do you need to do?02:24
LaserJockwell, I'm doing a merge of gcompris02:26
LaserJockand one of the ubuntu changes was to fix a python 64bit problem02:26
LaserJockI'm basically positive that it's fixed in the new Debian version02:26
LaserJockbut I still feel a tad silly saying "Yep, builds fine on my i386" ;-)02:27
LaserJockit's not a big deal though02:27
HobbseeLaserJock: put the sources somewhere, and i can get it to build on StevenK's machine02:28
HobbseeLaserJock: (being that he cant/wont add people whne he's not at home)02:28
LaserJockis bandwidth a concern for him?02:29
HobbseeLaserJock: local mirror02:29
LaserJockwell, it's a debian package02:30
LaserJock.orig.tar.gz is ~100MB02:30
micahcowanIs there any reason why I shouldn't have my soruces.list deb lines point at feisty, while my deb-src lines point at gutsy? If I'm patching stuff, I'll typically want to pull the latter.02:30
LaserJockHobbsee: do you think that'd be ok?02:30
Hobbseenot sure02:31
=== Hobbsee asks
=== LaserJock twiddles thumbs
=== StevenK appears.
=== LaserJock startles
StevenKMy mirror doesn't have sources, due to hard drive concerns.02:35
StevenKHowever, downloading 100Mb is fine. Uploading on the other hand ...02:35
LaserJockI just need to know if it builds02:35
StevenKI can do it if Hobbsee doesn't want to.02:36
LaserJockdget http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gcompris/gcompris_8.3.1-3.dsc02:36
LaserJock^^ is what I need02:36
=== persia [n=persia@ubuntu/member/persia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== RAOF [n=chris@60-242-199-65.tpgi.com.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ajmitch returns from lunch
StevenKLaserJock: Builds fine.02:55
StevenKLaserJock: On amd64, at least.02:55
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== superm1 [n=superm1@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== hewhocutsdown [n=hewhocut@216-250-178-97.dsl.iphouse.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== gouki_ [n=gouki@ubuntu/member/gouki] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mattva01 [n=matthew@c-69-143-121-184.hsd1.va.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jwhitlark [n=jwhitlar@h-67-102-70-2.snfccasy.covad.net] has left #ubuntu-motu []
hewhocutsdownwow, the MOTU/Documentation is kinda daunting03:22
Hobbseehewhocutsdown: it's gotten better, but it's still bad, yes.03:23
hewhocutsdownit doesn't look too hard, but it's just a lot all at once *chuckles*03:24
Hobbseeheh, true03:24
hewhocutsdowni'm fairly failure with Linux/Ubuntu, but I haven't ever delved this deep into package creation; I've built some of my own programs from source on occasion, but the times I've gotten stuck I've eventually given up and waited for a package03:25
hewhocutsdownheh heh.. I've been reading the MOTU-Schools/Mentoring pages as well03:25
hewhocutsdownwhat kind of commitment [time wise, after initial learning]  does it usually take for managing a package?03:25
crimsunthe only documentation you need is /msg Hobbsee help!03:26
crimsunbefore you try Hobbsee, however, /msg LaserJock help!03:26
hewhocutsdown*laughs* I'm sure he loves that03:26
LaserJockcrimsun: doh03:26
LaserJockStevenK: thanks03:26
nixternaldouble haha03:26
nixternalyou caught that I see03:27
Hobbseehewhocutsdown: just updating the apckage, dealing with the bugs03:27
hewhocutsdownhmmm... I've been lurking/submitting bug reports on the Thoggen-devel list, and there's been some updates in upstream versions of gst-plugins-ugly and theora-tools that greatly enhance use on thoggen03:29
hewhocutsdownI started with wanting to install them myself, but I figured it may be better for all if I sit down and learn package creation and work it that way03:30
hewhocutsdowndoes that sound like a reasonable idea, or am I coming at things the wrong way around?03:30
Hobbseesounds reasonable to me03:31
crimsunoh, how "just updating...dealing with..bugs" is a euphemism03:31
crimsunoops, I sound like a bitter old man03:31
hewhocutsdownhow would I figure out if someone is already working on it?03:33
Burgundaviathoggen or gstreamer?03:33
ajmitchcrimsun: not bitter at all03:34
ajmitchcrimsun: I didn't realise you were doing a 3 year world tour of fame03:34
PriceChildI'm looking for a second advocate of gizmod at http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5249 Anyone free to take a look?03:34
HobbseePriceChild: ajmitch is volunteering03:36
BurgundaviaHobbsee: you are pure evil03:36
hewhocutsdowneither, really03:36
HobbseeBurgundavia: i'm the purely evil, sexy psycopathic bitch from au, thankyouverymuch.03:36
joejaxxHobbsee: haha 03:36
hewhocutsdownau? whereabouts?03:37
=== PriceChild wonders why everyone always repeats that Hobbsee is evil... everyone knows yet everyone is always surprised
Hobbseehewhocutsdown: sydney03:37
hewhocutsdownI was in Baulkham Hills for 2003-200403:37
persiaHobbsee: You need to be careful.  Soon your adjective and extra clause list will exceeed the buffer :)03:37
Hobbseeah yes.  near me. 03:37
Hobbseepersia: heh03:37
Burgundaviahewhocutsdown: for the gstreamer stuff, you need slomo03:37
ajmitchHobbsee: sorry, not volunteering03:37
hewhocutsdownthe person, or a package I'm unaware of?03:38
HobbseeBurgundavia: you will address me with my full title.03:38
joejaxxhewhocutsdown: person03:38
Burgundaviahewhocutsdown: slomo is also the last uploader of thoggen03:38
Hobbseeajmitch: you dont need to volunteer.  you were assigned.03:38
joejaxxHobbsee: it is the draft now? :P03:38
=== TheMuso chuckles at more of Hobbsee's dominate the world talk.
ajmitchHobbsee: you wanted to be core-dev, right?03:39
Hobbseejoejaxx: sorry?03:39
Hobbseeajmitch: you already are, so you must lead by example.03:39
hewhocutsdownok, I'll track slomo down03:39
ajmitchHobbsee: I do - I delegate03:39
nixternalHobbsee: I reject that statement, it was sexist!03:39
=== nixternal hides
joejaxxHobbsee: oh maybe they only have that in america :\03:39
Hobbseeajmitch: i delegate more.03:39
LaserJockHobbsee: you know, your "bad girl" image really doesn't work so much on people who know you ;-)03:39
Hobbseeajmitch: well, my delegation overrules your delegation03:39
=== ajmitch delegates checking the package to LaserJock
nixternalhaha LaserJock 03:39
=== Hobbsee ^5's ajmitch
Burgundaviahewhocutsdown: one thing that would rock is thoggen ported to gstreamer 0.10. In general try and do as much work upstream as possible03:40
ajmitchLaserJock: she didn't poke you much, did she?03:40
hewhocutsdown??? it already uses it03:40
hewhocutsdownthe fix I was trying to add is in 0.10.103:40
joejaxxpopey: the cdimage is 188MB03:40
Burgundaviahewhocutsdown: have you checked to see if the needed version of the gstreamer plugin is in gutsy yet?03:41
Hobbseeajmitch: i dont remember LaserJock complaining of sore ribs, no03:41
hewhocutsdowngutsy....that's the devel version of ubuntu, correct?03:41
=== j-dizzle [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
hewhocutsdownthe perpetually devel03:41
Burgundaviano, the current devel03:41
Burgundaviathere is perpetual devel for Ubunt03:41
=== joejaxx has been lucky to have never experienced TLPSOD(TM(TM))
=== Hobbsee attacks joejaxx with the Long Pointy Stick of DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so he doesnt feel left out.
=== joejaxx doges
=== joejaxx [n=joejaxx@fluxbuntu/founder/joejaxx] has left #ubuntu-motu []
Burgundaviawow, I guess that jsut leaves me03:42
=== joejaxx [n=joejaxx@fluxbuntu/founder/joejaxx] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoHobbsee: You thought of trademarking that? :p03:42
ajmitcha shame there's no pool handy03:42
Hobbseeyou didtn throw me in it even when there was one03:43
ajmitchI know, it's quite a pit03:43
hewhocutsdownthoggen is at the same version in feisty and gutsy03:43
Hobbseegood thing decent people stopped you03:43
hewhocutsdownboth using gstream 0.1003:43
Burgundaviahewhocutsdown: ok03:43
ajmitchHobbsee: they did?03:44
hewhocutsdownhow did you find slomo? I'm looking through packages.ubuntu.com and can't see any connection to a maintainer03:44
=== mode/#ubuntu-motu [+o Hobbsee] by ChanServ
=== joejaxx was kicked off #ubuntu-motu by Hobbsee (YOU FAIL YOUR DODGING ATTEMPT)
=== mode/#ubuntu-motu [-o Hobbsee] by Hobbsee
ajmitchI don't recall anyone leaping to your aid03:44
=== joejaxx [n=joejaxx@fluxbuntu/founder/joejaxx] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseeajmitch: i seem to remember the glare of doom from tollef made you stop03:44
Burgundaviahewhocutsdown: slomo hangs out here often03:44
Hobbseejoejaxx: *grin*03:44
joejaxxHobbsee: :D03:44
Burgundaviathe ubuntu-desktop list might also be a good place to start03:45
TheMusojoejaxx: If you need sdome defence next time, I'll lend you my specially re-enforced cane.03:45
TheMusoI always manage to fend off Hobbsee with that.03:45
Hobbseeyour puny cane03:45
=== Hobbsee was thinking of stealing that.
TheMusoThat never works.03:45
Hobbseesure it does!03:46
Hobbseebut it would require coming to slug again03:46
TheMusoNever works!!!!!03:46
TheMusooh... And it would require me going to SLUG again03:46
=== ajmitch hasn't been to a dunlug meeting for a long long time
TheMusoajmitch: Shame on you!03:47
Burgundaviahewhocutsdown: chase me down if you cannot find slomo03:47
=== suppressingfire [n=burner@cpe-24-24-95-18.stny.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cas3 [n=cas3@adsl-072-148-034-250.sip.tys.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
hewhocutsdownwill do03:47
=== suppressingfire [n=burner@cpe-24-24-95-18.stny.res.rr.com] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== joejaxx has never been to any lug meetings
persiajoejaxx: The first is free :)03:48
cas3do the repos have packetfence in it yet?03:48
joejaxxHobbsee: :P03:48
Hobbseecas3: no03:49
TheMusoHobbsee: That was funny.03:49
Hobbseesarah@LongPointyStick:~$ madison packetfence03:49
crimsunlies, her real name is Bob.03:49
cas3Hobbsee: is there any reason why or just no one has gotten around to it?03:49
Hobbseecas3: "because no one has put it in there"03:49
TheMusocas3: Is it in Debian?03:49
Hobbseeand probably wont, unless tehy're interested in it03:49
HobbseeTheMuso: no03:50
joejaxxcrimsun: its Ees Bboh03:50
TheMusoAh ok.03:50
=== Hobbsee cheers at madison-lite
cas3thanks for the info03:50
joejaxxHobbsee: what about apt-cache policy <package> ? :(03:50
joejaxxwell actually03:51
Hobbseejoejaxx: that works too.  apt-cache madison shows more info.  well, of the kind that you want03:51
joejaxxthat would mean you have to have all the components enabled03:51
joejaxxHobbsee: ah ok03:51
=== Hobbsee uses madison-lite for checking which release, etc
Hobbseealthough that doesnt output the component, ie main, universe03:51
StevenKHobbsee: Yes it does.03:52
Hobbseeoh wait, yes it does03:52
Hobbseekdenetwork | 4:3.5.6-0ubuntu9 | feisty/universe | all03:52
Hobbseelooks wrong, though03:52
Hobbseesarah@LongPointyStick:~$ madison kdenetwork03:53
Hobbseekdenetwork | 4:3.5.7-1ubuntu1 | http://archive.ubuntu.com gutsy/universe Packages03:53
Hobbseekdenetwork | 4:3.5.6-2ubuntu1 | http://mirror.pacific.net.au gutsy/universe Packages03:53
Hobbseekdenetwork | 4:3.5.7-1ubuntu1 | http://archive.ubuntu.com gutsy/main Sources03:53
Hobbseei wonder why kdenetwork binary is in universe03:53
ajmitchwhy wouldn't it be?03:54
ajmitchit's not like you need it03:54
Hobbseethought it was a dep of k-d03:54
=== ajmitch guesses that individual packages were promoted to main, not the metapackages
Hobbseeseems so03:55
hewhocutsdownthanks for all the input; it water feels a little less murky and threatening. I'll try and get ahold of slomo or I'll talk to you, Burgundavia. All the best03:58
hewhocutsdown*the waters03:58
Burgundaviano worries03:58
=== hendrixski [n=hendrixs@cpe-66-66-116-69.rochester.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
hendrixskioh no, I think I made a boo boo with my pgp key04:05
crimsunPriceChild: under what license is gizmod-3.1/scripts/* distributed?04:13
hendrixskimy account on launchpad was for a different address than I had my pgp key for04:13
hendrixskiwhat should I do?04:13
crimsunPriceChild: excluding the references in gizmod-3.1/debian/copyright for gizmod-3.1/scripts/*04:14
Hobbseehendrixski: use gpg --edit-key, and add the LP address, or change the address on LP04:14
persiahendrixski: You can either add you email on your key to launchpad, or add your email in launchpad to your key.04:14
PriceChildcrimsun, the .py's will be Tim's and apache2'd afaik because they contain nothing else in the file.04:14
crimsunPriceChild: it seems a bit odd that the APL v2.0 boilerplate isn't in said .pys04:15
PriceChildcrimsun, agreed...04:16
PriceChildcrimsun, but they're all gizmod stuff and tim's work afaict04:16
hendrixskipersia, oh, so I can just change my address and have launchpad re-send the verification email?04:16
hendrixskithat won't break anything?04:16
Hobbseehendrixski: yep04:16
persiahendrixski: I think you have to not only add the address, but set it as preferred, but yes.04:17
crimsunPriceChild: that is my assumption, too, but the archive admins are not as forgiving04:17
=== hendrixski wipes brow
hendrixskifor a second I thought I totally messed everything up04:17
crimsunPriceChild: to be safe, please clarify with Tim under what license they're distributed04:18
PriceChildcrimsun, what do you suggest then... ask Tim to release a source with all of those with the apache2 boilerplates? State that they're all his in /debian/copyright?04:18
PriceChildright ok04:18
PriceChildHe's on holiday atm so will do that when he gets back at the weekend :)04:18
PriceChildThanks crimsun 04:18
hendrixskipersia, Hobbsee also another quick question... I can use that one PGP key on several mail accounts? or do I need a separate key per email account that I want to have encryption on?04:21
Hobbseenope, you can add as many emails to that key as you like04:22
persiahendrixski: You can have one key.  Hobbsee gave you the command to add email addresses earlier.04:22
=== Jucato [n=jucato@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== concept10 [n=concept1@ppp-70-247-163-181.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
hendrixskioh... the edit-key thing right right... misunderstood that one04:22
=== hendrixski should change his name to stupidNewbie... 'cause I'm definately feeling dense lately
Hobbseegpg stuff is confusing.04:23
StevenKGPG stuff is very confusing at first. When you've dealt with it for a little while, it starts to make a wierd kind of sense.04:24
crimsunsame can be said for alsa.04:25
=== Hobbsee gives crimsun the Long Pointy Stick of DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! treatment.
Hobbseeyes, crimsun?04:25
StevenKcrimsun: Don't give ALSA to Hobbsee, she's insane enough.04:25
=== Hobbsee will find other sharp implements to use if attempted to be given ALSA too much.
StevenKJust grep for my name in the alsa-driver changelog...04:27
hendrixskiHobbsee, yeah... very confusing: so I typed in gpg --edit-key it sais I need to specify option, I check the man page and it looks like the option I'm looking for is adduid... but that doesn't seem to do anything when I type it in04:31
=== hendrixski throws things at GPG
Hobbseeadduid sounds right, last i checked04:32
hendrixskithat's what I thought... which is why I'm surprised that it just prints out "this is free software" and then closes04:33
StevenKhendrixski: gpg --edit-key <keyid>04:34
ajmitchsigh, why can't people on forums learn to file bugs?04:36
StevenKBecause they're forum users.04:36
=== StevenK ducks.
hendrixskiStevenK, oh, I must have mis-typed my key the previous time..  it worked :-)04:37
=== mayday_jay [n=mayday_j@maydayjay.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseeajmitch: because teh forums are The World.04:38
hendrixskiajmitch, hey I'm still a forum user... and I'm just now learning how to file bugs, and use launchpad, and all that good stuff04:39
hendrixski(and package, and digitally sign things, woot)04:39
Hobbseehendrixski: but you've made the most important step04:39
ajmitchhendrixski: at least you try & file bugs04:40
Hobbseehendrixski: realising that there's a world of ubuntu outside of the forums, which will often let you contribute to more people's experience than the forums do.04:40
ajmitchhendrixski: it's irritating to have to wade through forum threads to find out about a problem that should be in the bug tracker04:40
hendrixskiHobbsee, ajmitch I found out about bug filing and stuff on the forums04:41
hendrixskiand... practically everything else I learned about ubuntu up to this point.04:41
=== SlimG [n=robert@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchbut some people just don't see the notices there about how to file a bug & just put a forum thread up anyway04:41
Hobbseehendrixski: yes - there's been a push to replicate someof the info over there, to get people off the forums, and put them into more useful endeavours04:41
Hobbseei mean, the forums are useful to a point - and then you're just treading water.04:42
SlimGIs the priority in DEBIAN/control of a game "optional" or "extra" ?04:42
hendrixskiHobbsee, you're very right!  They're a great starting point.  But as I know more and more, I post there less and less04:42
persiaSlimG: optional unless is breaks something else, then extra.04:42
hendrixski++ ?04:43
SlimGthanks persia!04:43
Hobbseehendrixski: i mean, by the time you can search for any answer you'll ever want on the forums, there's no net-benefit in posting there04:43
Hobbseebecause everything can be found with a search04:43
Hobbseehendrixski: means "i agree with you"04:43
Hobbseehendrixski: like hendrixski +104:43
Hobbsee(used in c++ and such)04:43
hendrixskiyeah.  The search feature on the forums is pretty useful.  And has never in history been used by anyone with a bean count of less than 5004:44
persiaHobbsee: C++ is "more than C".  +1 is newer.  Unless I'm confused, and you really like C?04:44
=== Hobbsee hasnt done C
Hobbseehendrixski: heh.  i probablyhave that.04:45
Hobbseeor did have04:45
=== TheMuso understands the syntax of C, but just doesn't know all the necessary .h files one has to include for many things.
TheMusoI am able to work out what a function does/where other functions are from that it calls, given well written code and comments.04:46
persiaTheMuso: The easiest way is to grep -r `/usr/include $myfunction`04:46
TheMusopersia: Thats what I do, if the function is not within the projet itself.04:47
persiawith the ` in the right place :)04:47
=== persia has the same problem for C++
=== _MMA_ [n=mma@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoOh, and those **variables confuse me also.04:48
TheMusoI understand pointers, but those confuse me.04:48
ajmitchhendrixski: hey now, I have a bean count < 50 :)04:49
=== TheMuso is sure he also has a bean count of < 50.
=== ajmitch isn't a super top active forums contributor like Hobbsee
=== Hobbsee just posts sarcastic and bomb'd replies
Hobbseethen they close the threads :)04:50
ajmitcha shining example of the developer community04:50
hendrixskiajmitch, I meant to say that nobody who'se new to the scene uses that04:50
Hobbseelike "i really cant see the point in this thread being open, as still no one has actually volunteered to do the work.  if they do, please write to <insert ML here> with plans, to see if there's anyone willing to help out"04:51
hendrixskilike... the first couple of times I posted I was like "oh, this is kind of like a replacement for googling, right?"04:51
Hobbsee<close thread>04:51
=== ajmitch has only been on the forums since 2005
PriceChildI like those posts Hobbsee 04:51
PriceChildthere's nothing "only" about them04:51
PriceChildThe more they're told the more will listen.04:51
hendrixski:-( evolution keeps crashing :-(04:52
superm1Is there any way for dpatch to represent a binary file change?04:53
superm1say a png?04:53
persiasuperm1: Not really.  The best way is to include foo.png.uu, and uudecode it during the build.04:54
superm1yick, but i guess it will have to do :)04:54
persiasuperm1: Also, for many uses of .png, you can get by with .xpm, which isn't binary :)04:54
superm1well i'm not sure if this plugin can support xpm (i'm patching mythweather) 04:55
hendrixskiYAY!!!!!! I got my key on launchpad!!!04:55
=== hendrixski does a little dance
persiasuperm1: Hence "many".  you'll probably have to uuencode in that case.04:55
superm1thanks persia 04:55
hendrixskiNow... Launchpad can see the other email address that I have on my pgp key, but can anyone else?04:55
persiahendrixski: What's your LP ID?04:56
ajmitchyour key is public, so yes04:56
persiasorry - misread.  I thought the other address on LP.04:56
hendrixskioh... if that's my business addres... should I assume that nobody would care enough to email me on it once they see my launchpad email, or should I consider getting a separate key for that address?04:58
=== Pumpernickel [n=pumperni@about/essy/bacon/PuMpErNiCkLe] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== matthew_ [n=matthew@c-69-143-121-184.hsd1.va.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
leonelgood night everyone !05:16
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-b67aefb9adf132c5] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/Amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== macd_ [n=d@adsl-222-63-74.msy.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== effie_jayx [n=valles@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tritium_ [n=tritium@ubuntu/member/tritium] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/Amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== inrs [n=ubun@bas11-montreal02-1096595598.dsl.bell.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
inrsi need some help with ndiswrapper06:20
inrsi don't have internet connection and i need to install the graphical tool: ndisgtk i think06:21
=== inrs [n=ubun@bas11-montreal02-1096595598.dsl.bell.ca] has left #ubuntu-motu []
Hobbseei think you want #ubuntu06:22
=== inrs [n=ubun@bas11-montreal02-1096595598.dsl.bell.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
inrsis there someone here?06:22
persiainrs: Your exit missed the response to your question.  For support requests, #ubuntu is the appropriate channel.06:23
hendrixskiinrs, or #ubuntu-offtopic in case #ubuntu is too active06:24
inrsah ok06:25
inrsbut ndiswrapper is a universe package, no?06:25
inrsthis is not the place for universe support?06:25
persiaHobbsee: Did you ever get started with your U-U-S process documentation?  I'm planning to put up a wiki page for review prior to the meeting, and would like to capture anything you've done so far.06:26
Hobbseepersia: i didnt.06:26
Hobbseei'm slack06:26
=== inrs [n=ubun@bas11-montreal02-1096595598.dsl.bell.ca] has left #ubuntu-motu []
persiaHobbsee: OK.  Thanks.  I won't be duplicating your work then :)06:26
=== minghua [n=minghua@ubuntu/member/minghua] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-fbcde5d9d1deebad] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== apacheLAGger [n=me@N821P030.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== TheMuso strongly advises anybody looking to buy optical drives to avoid LG at all costs!!!
Hobbseehwy so?07:11
TheMusoThey die at the most spectacular and bad times.07:11
TheMusosorry, they die in a spectacular fashion, at bad times.07:11
TheMusoI've just had a DVD-ROM drive die on me while being used, and it won't read CD or DVD media of any kind.07:12
StevenK[   50.111826]  scsi 0:0:0:0: CD-ROM            PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-109  1.01 PQ07:12
StevenK: 0 ANSI: 507:12
StevenKHrm. I thought it was an LG. Okay, then.07:12
TheMusoStevenK: Thats what I have now, but still had LG devices.07:13
TheMusoThe only LG optical drive that hasn't died, is a burner from a family member's old machine.07:13
TheMusoAnd that is a CD burner.07:13
BurgundaviaI keep my hardware alive by never using it07:15
slomoBurgundavia: what exactly did this hewhocutsdown guy want from me? :)07:16
jmgis that how you keep your penis alive?07:16
Burgundaviahe wanted to work on thoggen and thus gstreamer07:16
slomoBurgundavia: sounds good... what exactly did he think of?07:17
Burgundaviahe was just a little bit lost as to who to contact and how to begin07:17
Burgundaviaso we spent some time figuring out exactly what he wanted to do and thus who to contact07:17
StevenKBurgundavia: So when are you going to get your brother onto IRC? :-P07:18
Burgundavianext time you get kicked by Madpilot, I will answer that question :)07:19
Burgundaviaand then you protest to the CC07:19
Burgundaviawhere I rule against you in a giant cabal of relatives07:19
StevenKHe doesn't frequent here or -devel, which are the two I do.07:20
Burgundaviaanyway, enough evil planning for tonight07:20
ajmitchthere can never be enough07:20
HobbseeBurgundavia: fix some bugs, now.07:20
Burgundavianeed to wash the dishes07:21
Burgundaviagf said I needed to07:21
Burgundaviabut first I want to play with this powertop stuff07:22
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-185-45.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hobbsee bites tongue
Burgundavianah, spit it out07:24
Burgundaviaback in a flash07:25
Hobbseeno, no, i'm sure i shouldnt07:27
SeveasHobbsee, now you can :)07:29
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKSeveas: Are you still elmo-coloured?07:30
=== Lure [n=lure@89-212-19-55.dynamic.dsl.t-2.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== xeros [i=xeros@fan194.internetdsl.tpnet.pl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Gazer [n=ngazer@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bryce [n=bryce@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-16-237.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jussi01good morning motu's08:00
jussi01hello Hobbsee!!08:00
Hobbseehi jussi01!08:00
jussi01I have a question, Im using cdbs, but it doesnt seem to pick up my man pages, anyone have anyideas why?/how to fix?08:01
=== Fujitsu yawns.
jussi01Fujitsu: am i really that boring...08:02
Hobbseewe're keeping you up, are we Fujitsu?08:02
FujitsuNo, just returned from talking to an architect at school. Booooooooooring.08:02
FujitsuBut at least it means we'll likely get sane network cabling when the school is refurbished.08:03
HobbseeFujitsu: is this for careers day, or?08:03
FujitsuNo, it's for the plans for the school refurbishment. It seems I was deemed most qualified to talk to the architect about network cabling throughout the campus.08:04
Hobbseethen you say "give us free wifi, and ignore the cabling"08:04
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
FujitsuSure, wifi for 200 PCs.08:05
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i59F741EF.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
FujitsuWe do have wifi, but mostly for staff.08:05
Hobbseeours didnt at all08:05
dholbachgood morning08:06
FujitsuThe Department of Education rolled it out to all Victorian schools a couple of years back.08:06
FujitsuHi dholbach.08:06
jussi01good morning dholbach08:06
dholbachhey Fujitsu, hey jussi0108:06
jussi01Fujitsu: you in Oz??08:06
Fujitsujussi01: Right.08:06
jussi01where in vic?08:06
FujitsuEastern suburbs of Melbourne.08:06
=== jussi01 was raised in geelong
minghuajussi01: do you have a debian/<package>.manpages file?08:07
jussi01minghua: yes08:07
minghuajussi01: no idea then, CDBS is black magic to me08:08
jussi01minghua: yeah08:08
=== minghua recommends "use debhelper" :-P
jussi01minghua: its python....08:08
=== Hobbsee recommends "check a cdbs package for how they do it"
Hobbseeand cdbs documentation, if it still exists08:08
jussi01Hobbsee: looked at the doc... no help...08:08
jussi01do you have a reccomendation for a cdbs package to look at?08:09
StevenKI note that wireless didn't exist when I was in high school...08:09
HobbseeStevenK: yes, but you're old and decrepit.08:09
minghuapoor StevenK08:09
StevenKHobbsee: Hah08:09
=== Hobbsee runs
minghuawe didn't even have internet when I was in high school08:10
jussi01[09:09]  * Hobbsee runs ???? where is your pointy stick?08:10
persiaStevenK: Are you sure?  Data transfer via radio is fairly old (albeit at rates starting as low as 10 baud).08:10
StevenKpersia: Okay, I mean 802.11{a,b}08:10
highvolt1gepacket radio!08:10
=== persia used to have an old US Robotics pocket computer with 300 baud packet radio
dholbachheya highvolt1ge08:11
jussi01you guys are old... :P08:11
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
highvolt1gehey dholbach 08:11
highvolt1geand viviersf 08:11
Hobbsee"messages via dinasour"08:12
viviersflo highvolt1ge 08:12
=== jussi01 cries
StevenKNah, it would have been "OSI over dinosaur transport"08:13
=== jussi01 stops crying and starts slapping cdbs, his package and anything else in the way....
persiaI've put an intiial draft for U-U-S Processing up at w.u.c/MOTU/SandBox/UniverseSponsorsQueue.  Could anyone suggest where the page really belongs?  I'd like to link to it in the agenda (but Sandbox rules prohibit this).  Also, let me know if there are any issues: I'd like to get it approved tomorrow.  Thank you.08:20
StevenKpersia: I'd argue that untargeted bug should be for the latest development.08:22
StevenKMainly because it requires a -core-dev to approve targeted bugs.08:23
=== Hobbsee has some stuff she doesnt agree with there
persiaStevenK: I agree with that.  What wording do you suggest for contributor note #208:23
persiaHobbsee: Great!  What?08:23
StevenKpersia: Not sure.08:25
StevenKpersia: patch -p0 or -p1, I'd suggest08:25
persiaStevenK: OK.  If I can make it clearer, I'll clean it up.  Otherwise, we can collect consensus at the meeting.08:25
StevenKpersia: In-process -> In Progress08:25
Hobbseethe most recent revision should probalby add that it's of the development release08:25
persiaStevenK: Ah, right, -p1 for native packages.08:26
Hobbseepatch is uaully used with -p108:26
persiaHobbsee: OK.08:26
=== persia always uses -p0
StevenKI agree with Hobbsee -p1 is more "normal"08:26
persiaThat needs to run inside the package directory, right?08:26
StevenKDoes sync have to be in capitials?08:26
StevenKpersia: I will usually do patch -p1 ../debdiff08:27
=== tritium_ [n=tritium@ubuntu/member/tritium] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaSYNC -> sync08:27
Hobbseeit seems like a lot of red tape, tbh.  will have to look more later08:27
StevenKpersia: That way if I screw up, the debdiff doesn't turn up in the .diff.gz08:27
StevenKHobbsee: It doesn't to me. It looks like documenting what we already do.08:27
persiaStevenK: OK.  `I'll suggest patch -p1 < ../debdiff` rather than `patch -p0 < debdiff`08:28
persiaHobbsee: There is some red tape, but we've had a couple collisions recently, and I'd like to avoid those.08:28
StevenKpersia: Good work, it looks good for a first stab.08:28
=== persia also wishes for an empty queue
Hobbseet does!08:29
Hobbseepersia: i've filed a bug about that, yes08:29
persiaOK.  Back to my primary question: Where does this page belong.08:29
persiaHobbsee: :)08:29
StevenKpersia: MOTU/Sponsoring/SponsorsQueue ?08:30
persiaStevenK: Thanks.  I'll put it there.08:30
StevenKMaybe it's MOTU/Sponsorship, I'm not sure.08:30
Hobbseei'd think the latter08:30
=== bryce_ [n=bryce@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaOK.  It will become MOTU/Sponsorship/SponsorsQueue once I clean up the spelling, capitalisation,  and patch testing recommendation.08:31
StevenKSounds good to me.08:33
LaserJockman I hate LPs changelog handling08:35
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseeit shows the full changelog now, doesnt ti?08:36
=== vil [n=lada@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockHobbsee: I don't see it08:40
LaserJockbut it's supposed08:40
=== dholbach_ [n=daniel@i59F741EF.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseeit's in a fiddly location08:41
Hobbseego into the release, and find it that awy, iirc08:41
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i59F741EF.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bryce_ [n=bryce@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dholbach_ [n=daniel@i59F741EF.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tritium [n=tritium@ubuntu/member/tritium] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mumblyhello !08:56
=== superm1 [n=superm1@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jussi01hi mumbly08:57
jussi01if the rules file is missing a separator, what am i actually missing?08:58
jussi01nm, i figured it...08:58
=== bryce_ [n=bryce@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== vil [n=lada@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jussi01ok, am i missing a build dep or something?09:17
jussi01dh_installman -pmnemosyne09:17
jussi01.": No such file or directory at /usr/bin/dh_installman line 120.09:17
crimsunplease post your source package somewhere.09:19
persiajussi01: That usually means that dh_installman cannot find the files you specified.  You might want `dh_installmanpages -ppackagename` instead.09:20
StevenKpersia: dh_installmanpages is deprecated in favour of dh_installman09:20
persiaStevenK: Ah.  My understanding was the opposite.  Thanks09:21
persiajussi01: Ignore what I previously said.09:21
=== Subhuman [n=jack@host86-144-222-140.range86-144.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jussi01persia: StevenK, its cdbs black magic, i have debian/mnemosyne.manpages. Im a little unsure of how to proceed09:21
StevenKWhat's in debian/mnemosyne.manpages?09:22
jussi01StevenK: the manpages file i created09:22
crimsuncan you pastebin it?  (That's why I was asking you to post the source package earlier.)09:22
StevenKjussi01: What's *in*, not what *is*. :-P09:23
jussi01sure: http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/22265/09:23
jussi01StevenK: :P09:23
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKjussi01: .manpages shouldn't be a manual page itself.09:24
StevenKjussi01: .manpages should be a list of files to install as manual pages.09:24
jussi01StevenK: ahhh.... I just remembered..09:24
=== jussi01 feels really stupid
jussi01Ive been struggling wit this for several days, and it turns out something stupidly basic. Thanks a million StevenK persia crimsun09:26
StevenKjussi01: You'll never ever forget, now. :-)09:27
jussi01hehe, StevenK your right...09:27
=== tritium [n=tritium@ubuntu/member/tritium] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lucas [n=lucas@xanadu.blop.info] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== gizmo [n=gizmo@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bryce_ [n=bryce@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== BugMaN [n=BugMaN@nat.cabi.uniroma1.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jekil [n=alessand@host158-58-dynamic.8-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== davromaniak [n=cyril@AFontenayssB-152-1-45-174.w83-114.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jussi01ok, i uploded a copy to revu: http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5257 its still giving me that error. maybe someone could have a look?09:43
=== Lure_ [n=lure@89-212-19-55.dynamic.dsl.t-2.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== viviersf [n=cain@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiajussi01: Try using the syntax debian/mnemosyne.1 in debian/mnemosyne.manpages09:50
jussi01persia: trying that now09:52
jussi01persia: works perfectly now! thank you very much09:55
persiajussi01: The debhelper helper files (used for CDBS "magic") assume all pathnames to be relative to the project directory, rather than the debian directory.  It's the same for package.install, etc.09:57
jussi01persia: thanks, ill remember that. 09:57
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== pochu [n=emilio@94.Red-88-3-50.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== knix [i=knix@unaffiliated/knix] has joined #ubuntu-motu
knixWho do I talk to about getting openbox linked with Xrandr?10:05
persiaknix: If you don't get another answer here, your best option is to file a bug.  If you include a patch, it is more likely to be applied.10:08
=== bryce_ [n=bryce@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@host-85-27-113-193.brutele.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
knixwill do, thanks10:13
knixDo I just submit the patch to motu@?10:13
persiaknix: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openbox is the best place.10:14
superm1knix, out of curiosity what do you mean by getting linked with xrandr?  Does it have support for xrandr that isn't currently activated?10:14
superm1have you done a test build with it on and not seen any breakage?10:14
knixI've run openbox svn and it's very stable10:15
knixAnd no one has reported bugs on it to openbox10:15
knixI haven't actually tried rebuilding the package from apt though10:15
superm1so the support is only in svn?10:15
knixI don't believe so10:15
knixI haven't done a lot of homework :)10:16
knixNo, it's had xrandr support for a very long time10:16
superm1You sure its not built with it?10:16
superm1looking at http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/universe/o/openbox/openbox_3.3-2.1ubuntu1/changelog10:16
superm1xrandr support was enabled back in feb 200410:16
knixjimmym@lappy:~ > ldd `which openbox` |grep Xrand10:16
knixjimmym@lappy:~ > 10:16
knixthat's the ubuntu package in feisty10:17
persiaIt might have been that the change in 3.2-8 accidentally dropped it.10:19
knixYea, libxrandr2 isnt' listed as a dep or anything10:19
superm1well your right, http://librarian.launchpad.net/5912256/buildlog_ubuntu-feisty-i386.openbox_3.3-2.1ubuntu1_FULLYBUILT.txt.gz10:19
superm1no XRandR support during the configure step10:19
superm1knix, go ahead and file a bug for this10:20
knixI sent a mail to the list a couple days ago, but I wasn't a member so I don't know if it got posted, I just subscribed :F10:21
superm1knix, i'll make a quick build with that extra build dep on it10:22
superm1assign the bug to me and i'll put the debdiff with it10:22
knixhehe k10:23
persiaknix: Thanks a lot for pointing out the issue.10:23
jussi01ok, Im having trouble with my menu file. Ive been reading the debian menu manual, and it seems i have it correct. however, lintian is still giving me warnings. here is a pastebin of my menu file, with the warnings lintian is giving me pasted on the end http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/22271/10:24
knixsuperm1: who are you?10:24
superm1superm1 (Mario Limonciello)10:25
superm1on lp10:25
pochusuperm1: section="Apps/Education"10:26
knixalright, submitted and assigned10:26
pochuyou're missing a \ at the end10:26
superm1thx knix 10:26
pochusuperm1: and command="/usr/bin/mnemosyne"\ (you don't need a final slash :))10:26
pochuerr jussi01 ^ :)10:27
superm1huh pochu ?10:27
pochusuperm1: hehe, sorry :)10:27
superm1i was particularly confused, i thought you were telling me to recategorize openbox as Apps/Education at first :)10:27
pochulol :)10:27
jussi01alright, thanks, ill let you know when it works :D10:27
ubotuopenbox is a lightweight window manager. For instructions and more information see https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Openbox. To replace metacity with Openbox please see: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Replace_Metacity_with_Openbox_in_gnome10:27
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-motu
knixThere's a bug with some gnome package and xrandr as well, at least I"m inclined to believe it's xrandr10:33
knixTHe background utility maintains the old screen size10:33
knixSo if I move to a larger res my background is tiled10:34
knixAnd if I choose a small bg and center it I have multiple centered BGs in their tiles10:34
knixAnd I"m not using nautilus, so it's just whayever handles the backgrounds10:35
=== luis_lopez [n=jabba@ip216-239-85-254.vif.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
superm1I thought nautilus was what handled the backgrounds10:36
jussi01hmmm, pochu its still giving me the line 5 error. 10:36
knixWell, it does on other platforms, so I have no idea10:37
knixBut I don't have nautilus in my session and I have a background :P10:37
knixgnome-background-properties is linked against xrandr, so I dunno10:38
pochujussi01: do you have a final empty file?10:39
jussi01pochu: a what?10:40
jussi01I dont think so10:40
superm1knix, there is a setting in the gnome background manager to tile or center or stretch10:40
pochujussi01: after "/usr/bin/command" add a new line (empty).10:41
jussi01pochu: yeah, ive got that10:42
pochucan you pastebin the file again? :)10:42
jussi01http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/22275/ it does have the extra line, pastebin just doesnt put it there10:44
superm1persia, could I bug you to sponsor uploading this debdiff for openbox?  Just finished building and testing it.  bug 11657810:44
jussi01pochu: ^^10:44
persiasuperm1: I was just waiting for the bugmail.  I'll take a look at it now.10:44
superm1man ubotu really is going slow today.10:45
knixsuperm1: no, that's not it10:46
pochujussi01: does it display the same error?10:46
knixIt doesn't recognize the screen as larger10:46
knixeg. if I pick center, it's not actually centered10:46
knixhere, let me take a screenshot10:46
jussi01pochu: it gives E: mnemosyne: bad-test-in-menu-item /usr/share/menu/mnemosyne:510:46
superm1knix, I think I get what your saying.  You'll have to identify what app is not doing it right though to file a bug on it10:47
jussi01lintian that is10:47
persiasuperm1: Why are you updating debian/compat?  Does it not work with 4?10:47
pochujussi01: use lintian -i, it'll give you a more descriptive report.10:48
superm1persia, that's what i've been generally doing with older packages as they are brought up to newer versions10:48
pochujussi01: I know now :)10:49
pochuthe :5 was confusing me ;)10:49
superm1I dont remember who had recommended I do it, it was almost a year ago10:49
persiasuperm1: I tend to believe in smallest difference to Debian, personally, but OK.  Could you also open a Debian bug for this?10:49
jussi01pochu: ?10:49
knixsuperm1: http://knix.mine.nu/gnome_bg_1.png10:50
superm1persia, sure10:50
pochujussi01: you have to remove the first tab, so the first character is the "?package..."10:50
knixsuperm1: http://knix.mine.nu/gnome_bg_2.png10:50
pochujussi01: you can also remove the space after the tabs in the other lines. You don't need them :)10:50
jussi01ok thanks10:51
superm1knix, that might be directly related to openbox not having randr support ( as it appears you have a *box variant running there)10:51
superm1the background drawing is likely asking the window manager for the resolution10:52
knixYea, that's openbox, but openbox doesn't do anytyhing with xroot10:52
knixnah, it's not10:53
knixopenbox is using 1680x1050, I just restarted it10:53
jussi01pochu: bingo!! that fixe it. thanks a lot!!10:54
knixyay another bug10:55
knixgnome-screenshot -w segfaults :D10:56
pochujussi01: you're welcome :)10:56
knixsomeone confirm, heh10:56
pochujussi01: oh, and remember to use lintian -i, instead of just lintian, when you don't know how to fix an error :)10:56
jussi01pochu: yeah, i just noticed how nice that can be10:56
knixlooks like it's screenshot_get_pixbuf()10:58
knixfiled in '05 ...10:58
=== VoX [n=vox@unaffiliated/vox] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaknix: Not every bug is as easy to fix as 116578 :)11:00
knixI should look at it, but the gnome code is so massive it scares me11:02
knixI was looking to fix some of the system monitoring applets and things for the obsd 2.18 port, but it's like 50mb of code11:02
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C1A48C.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
superm1persia, debian bug 42581611:10
persiasuperm1: Thanks.  Could you link it to bug 116578?11:11
superm1will do11:11
persiasuperm1: Thank you.11:11
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ubotuLaunchpad bug 116578 in openbox "Missing Xrandr support" [Wishlist,Fix committed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11657811:12
=== Lure_ [n=lure@89-212-19-55.dynamic.dsl.t-2.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ubotuLaunchpad bug 22321 in gnome-utils "segmentation fault in gnome-screenshot" [Low,Confirmed]  11:12
ubotuDebian bug 425816 in openbox "Openbox is missing randr support" [Unknown,Open]  http://bugs.debian.org/42581611:13
ubotuLaunchpad bug 116578 in openbox "Missing Xrandr support" [Wishlist,Fix committed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11657811:13
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@dsl-hkibras1-ff55c300-121.dhcp.inet.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jussi01Hei Motu's. if someones got time to review my package, that would be great! http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5257 (mnemosyne)11:24
jussi01sorry, should be http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=525911:24
VoXok, im a little confused about something :(11:25
VoXim building a package to be reviewe11:25
VoXit's for the logitech G15 keyboard, and incorporates several different sources(g15daemon, libg15, lcdproc, etc)11:25
VoXwhen debuild is looking for the changelog, is it looking for my changelog, or the changelog of the sources i've used to build the package?11:26
persiaVoX: You'll find life easiest if you have different packages for each upstream source.  Also, lcdproc is already in the archives, so you probably want to patch rather than make a new package.11:26
persiaVoX: debuild is looking for debian/changelog11:27
VoXgah it is too11:28
VoXhmm im still a little confused about the whole process11:29
=== VoX wiki
persiaVoX: I recommend starting with packages that aren't libraries and don't have lots of interaction with other parts of the system.  Most of the documentation is geared at this type of package, and it provides a good opportunity to become familiar with things prior to trying larger projects.11:31
VoXpersia: the actual compiling etc wasnt that hard, i've just not really looked at the process involved in contributing to revu before11:35
=== fdoving [n=frode@edge.lnix.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tudenbart [n=willi@xdsl-84-44-228-13.netcologne.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaCould anyone point me to the backports request process?12:00
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-6-31.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKpersia: File a bug in LP against the appropriate project (e.g. feisty-backports).  It's in the wiki somewhere IIRC12:02
persiaScottK: Thanks.  I didn't see it, but I'll search a little harder.12:03
ScottKpersia: Title search on backport: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BackportRequestProcess12:05
=== bersace [n=bersace@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaScottK: Thanks - I found that after your previous encouragement.  Now I just have to decide if I really want to backport, or to tell the poor user that they should wait 5 months, and all the problems will go away :)12:07
ScottKpersia: What package?12:08
ScottKjussi01: You forgot to remove the build-dep on pycentral.12:08
ScottKpersia: If it's gaphor, I'd say go for it.12:09
persiaScottK: Audacity (and XMMS).  GTK 1.2+ doesn't seem to be working well for a few people, and while there are alternatives to XMMS, Audacity is sufficiently different that it might be interesting.  I'm leaning towards not backporting, but there are a couple private backports out there...12:10
persiaScottK: For gaphor, it's been broken since dapper, which might qualify for more, but I still don't like my gaphor packages :)  I need to remember to stay away from python.12:11
ScottKNo, you remember to learn the Python better.12:11
persiaScottK: Perhaps :)12:11
ScottKIf there are private backports, that's an arguement for doing an official one I'd say.12:12
=== tudenbart is now known as dothebart
persiaScottK: Maybe.  I have to make sure that ours works properly in feisty - if not, I'd rather not offer it as an official backport.12:14
ScottKSure.  Won't break stuff is more important than providing official crack in place of unofficial crack.12:15
persiaScottK: depending on the definition of break, I agree.  I wish I understood why there are GTK+ 1.2 issues: it's probably a configuration thing, or a package selection thing, and a backport seems a drastic way to solve it.12:15
=== bueroman [n=setanta@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKYou mean we haven't booted GTK+ 1.2 out of the archive?12:19
persiaStevenK: As far as I know the current blockers are wx2.4 and XMMS, for which an impassioned argument was recently made.  Unfortunately, XMMS is the most popular manually installed music player (by a factor of xis or more - I forget exactly).12:21
StevenKOh geez.12:21
StevenKxmms is even in main.12:22
persiaYep, and lots & lots of things build xmms plugins.  The community that uses XMMS really has to choose one of the GTK+ 2 replacements - as far as I can tell, it's still a free-for-all.12:22
persiabmpx, beep-meida-player (dead but in the archive), audacious, xmms2, etc.12:23
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKjussi01: Just posted another comment set on your package.  You are getting close.  It's in pretty good shape.12:39
=== DktrKranz [n=Luca@ubuntu/member/dktrkranz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== azeem_ [n=mbanck@ppp-88-217-19-166.dynamic.mnet-online.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jussi01ScottK: thanks! I just cam back in and saw that. :D12:48
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C1A48C.access.telenet.be] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C1A48C.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== persia [n=persia@ubuntu/member/persia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Q-FUNKcould someone look at bug 116528 and tell me what i'm missing?  what would be the fix to make to the script?12:56
ubotuLaunchpad bug 116528 in numlockx "Deinstalling numlockx breaks X startup" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11652812:56
=== StevenK idly wonders why libapache2-mod-fastcgi is in multiverse.
Q-FUNKto make it "exit 0" regardless?12:57
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaQ-FUNK: add `... || /bin/true` in the right place?12:58
Q-FUNKtrue already is there01:00
Q-FUNKpersia: can you look at the actual script?01:01
persiaQ-FUNK: That's later in the script.  As I understand it, under set -e you need to make each command succeed.01:01
persiaQ-FUNK: I'd specifically put an ||  between the subshell and the call to true, just to force it.01:02
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Q-FUNKtest -x /usr/bin/numlockx && /usr/bin/numlockx on || /bin/true01:04
persiaQ-FUNK: I think so.01:04
Q-FUNKor leave the true where it is and add || in fornt of it?01:04
=== bmm [n=chatzill@cc400801-a.groni1.gr.home.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaQ-FUNK: Sorry, no.  ( test -x /usr/bin/numlockx && /usr/bin/numlockx on ) || /bin/true01:05
Q-FUNKah, right, testing for the whole operation01:06
Kalozyo Q01:08
Q-FUNKKaloz: :)01:08
=== mruiz [n=mruiz@ubuntu/member/mruiz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mafix [n=marfix@22-151.1-85.cust.bluewin.ch] has joined #ubuntu-motu
FujitsuStevenK: Isn't FastCGI non-free?01:15
StevenKFujitsu: I have no idea.01:15
FujitsuI'm pretty sure it is.01:15
StevenKIt looks GPL incompatible, anyway01:16
FujitsuPretty much.01:16
FujitsuDFSG non-free in some respect, I guess.01:16
StevenKExactly. It's free, just not DFSG-free01:16
FujitsuBut the DFSG seems to be the reference implementation of freedom these days.01:17
StevenKWell, point.01:18
jussi01alright then; if a motu could take another look at my package, that would be wonderful! http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=526101:18
=== Lure [n=lure@89-212-19-55.dynamic.dsl.t-2.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== StevenK kills mod_fastcgi
=== jussi01 goes to play tremulous while he waits... see you all in a bit
=== angasule [n=angasule@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKjussi01: +1 from me.  My first package to advocate as a MOTU...01:23
ScottKSee you all later, off to be stuck in meetings all day...01:23
StevenKSounds fun...01:24
=== bigon [i=bigon@imladris.bigon.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKStevenK: You got the first two letters of the phrase I was thinking of correct.01:35
StevenKScottK: :-P01:41
StevenKScottK: The phrase being 'Sounds fire truck'ed' ?01:41
=== EtienneG [n=etienne@ubuntu/member/EtienneG] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKStevenK: Yeah.  That's the one.01:44
StevenKOh fire truck. Now I get why Rails doesn't work on this machine.01:45
persiaStevenK: It doesn't like you?01:46
ScottKDemonic possession.01:46
=== ScottK is really leaving now...
StevenKpersia: No, the rails fcgi module isn't installed.01:46
StevenKThen again, this is my Rails deployment, so I'm having to learn as I go.01:47
StevenKEr, first deployment01:47
persiaStevenK: I used http://www.urbanpuddle.com/articles/2006/12/07/install-ruby-rails-on-ubuntu-edgy-eft, and everything went pretty smoothly, until I realised I didn't actually want to write code for database driven web pages.01:48
persiaAt least I was able to do the tutorials, etc.01:48
StevenKOh, I've written all of the code and everything, this is throwing it out there and trying to get it running under Apache.01:49
persiaStevenK: Apache?  That's the issue.  Have fun :)01:49
StevenKpersia: Hey! I *like* Apache.01:51
persiaStevenK: But does Apache like you?  I like Apache too, but I've become convinced it really doesn't like me, and have been settling for other web servers.01:52
jussi01ScottK: brilliant!! thanks a lot01:53
StevenKpersia: Such as?01:54
persiaFor Rails, I'm using lighthttpd.01:54
StevenKpersia: I think Apache respects me. I've managed to bend it to my will an awful lot.01:54
persiaRather, lighttpd01:55
jussi01Ok, motu's, just one more. :D http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=526101:55
persiaStevenK: If you can get along, by all means.  Apache is more flexible and more capable.01:55
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jussi01hmmm, now thats weird, ScottKhas avocated my package, but it shows up as 0(0), so no advocates. weird?01:58
persiajussi01: You uploaded a new version, and so you need an ACK from ScottK for the advocation.  There's no way the system can tell you didn't put a tricky trojan in the new version.01:59
jussi01ahhh, heh, i think maybe ScottK put it there accidentally02:00
jussi01because it was after i uploaded that that he advocated it. the version before there was still stuff to be done02:00
xxxxx1morning people!02:01
persiajussi01: Maybe.  ScottK should be back in 6 or 7 hours, and would probably be willing to advocate the current version then.  I'm not able to properly review python packages, but I like watch files (man uscan for format, etc.) in packages.02:03
jussi01persia: ok, Ill have a read up of watch files (since i have no idea what they are)02:04
StevenKpersia: For Apache, you just need to remember that the log files don't tell the complete story. strace -s 1500 apache2 -X will have it spilling its guts out and telling you what is really happening.02:05
persiajussi01: They're just extra files in debian/ that keep track of upstream, and can be used to automatically check if a new upstream version is available.  Debian uses this as art of their QA infrastructure, but it's just extra candy for Ubuntu.02:05
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-99460fd0f7067560] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaStevenK: I'm not quite that much of a sadist :)02:06
jussi01persia: ok, so its not _necessary_ but nice to have ?02:06
persiajussi01: Exactly.02:06
=== j-dizzle [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jussi01ok then02:07
=== pschulz01 [n=pschulz0@ubuntu/member/pschulz01] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== waa [n=waa@220112.static.ctb.virtua.com.br] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== StevenK finally gets to the strace stage to debug Apache.
StevenKOh, twitch.02:26
StevenK-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 11M May 24 22:25 dbg02:26
=== StevenK gets the shovel so he sift through the mess.
persiaStevenK: That's only 10 times the length of a good novel.  Shouldn't take more than a week :)02:26
StevenKYou can't grep a novel. :-P02:27
persiaStevenK: http://www.baen.com/library/, http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page02:28
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-8-54.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== togr [n=tom@s1035-0169.dsl.start.no] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== rrittenhouse [n=tad@unaffiliated/rrittenhouse] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@host-85-27-113-187.brutele.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Q-FUNKwould anyone care to comment on Bug #116528 WRT the two alternate solutions?02:35
ubotuLaunchpad bug 116528 in numlockx "Deinstalling numlockx breaks X startup" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11652802:35
persiaGrrr..  Offering to mentor a bug should automatically subscribe one to that bug.02:35
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaQ-FUNK: I think the second method is easier to read, although I'm more likely to generate the first method when writing scripts.02:37
Hobbseehi all02:38
dholbachhi Hobbsee02:38
persiahey Hobbsee02:38
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseeheya dholbach, persia!02:39
zulHEY Hobbsee 02:39
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-motu
zulstupid cap locks02:40
bmmHi everybody. I've got a package in REVU and have had a few reviews already. It now seems that it's completly bug free ;-)02:44
persiabmm: That's great.  Congratulations.02:44
bmmShould I keep asking people to take a look at it until it gets advocated?02:44
bmm(Or just wait for it to be advocated)02:44
bmmpersia: thanks!02:44
Hobbseebmm: ask02:45
bmmIt's ccbuild http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=512502:45
persiabmm: The general practice is that after each upload (if you think it's fixed), make an annoucement here requesting review.  Try not to request review more than once a day.  After you get your first advocation, announce you are looking for a second advocate here (with the same timing rules).02:45
bmmAh, ok. Didn't want to push you people ;-)02:46
persiaREVU is also checked regularly by our dedicated REVU team, so if you miss a day or two, it may receive treatment anyway.02:46
StevenKOh, fracking suexec.02:47
=== apacheLAGger [n=me@N894P028.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKHrm. Changing the suexec docroot, and recompiling apache, or moving the install. I wonder what I'll pick.02:51
jussi01recompile... its lots of fun...:P02:52
StevenKNot for apache it isn't.02:52
=== StevenK has played that game.
persiaI think it was compiling Apache for Alpha that made me install Potato in the first place...02:55
=== macd [n=d@adsl-222-63-74.msy.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== RAOF [n=chris@60-242-199-65.tpgi.com.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mafix [n=marfix@22-151.1-85.cust.bluewin.ch] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Ex-Chat"]
=== mafix [n=marfix@22-151.1-85.cust.bluewin.ch] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bmmJust for those who havn't noticed yet: dell is now really going to push Ubuntu computers http://www.dell.com/open :-D03:10
=== bmm_ [n=chatzill@cc400801-a.groni1.gr.home.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== javierder [n=javier@41-108-235-201.fibertel.com.ar] has joined #ubuntu-motu
viviersfoi i wanna strangle my pc03:19
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== afflux [i=fnord@pentabarf.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== BugMaN [n=BugMaN@nat.cabi.uniroma1.it] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jekil [n=alessand@host158-58-dynamic.8-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bryce [n=bryce@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Yagisan [n=Yagisan@doomsday/developer/Yagisan] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Baby [n=miry@pdpc/supporter/silver/kavi/baby] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== alfredoj69 [n=alfredoj@CPE000d880181a5-CM000a73660589.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
alfredoj69hello everybody03:57
=== giskard [n=giskard@62-101-126-218.ip.fastwebnet.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Babywhat is the alias for the latest ubuntu repository? (i mean like debian's sid)03:59
persiaBaby: There's no alias.  It changes with each new expected release.04:00
Babyhmm so i'll have to change it each time?04:01
=== javierder [n=javier@41-108-235-201.fibertel.com.ar] has joined #ubuntu-motu
pochuHobbsee: good luck with your core application!04:12
Hobbseepochu: thankyou :)04:12
=== macd [n=d@adsl-222-63-74.msy.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== macd [n=d@adsl-222-63-74.msy.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mruiz [n=mruiz@ubuntu/member/mruiz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mruiz [n=mruiz@ubuntu/member/mruiz] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Bye!"]
=== mruiz [n=mruiz@ubuntu/member/mruiz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mruizhey dholbach, How're you? I read about motu-mentoring-reception team -> "If you want to become a MOTU and would like somebody to mentor you, just mail one member of the team and get started today." Are you available as mentor?04:19
=== asac [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ceros [n=user@c-76-111-84-156.hsd1.va.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiamruiz: He appears to be away from the channel right now.  If you are interested in seeking a mentor, I would recommend sending email to any of the members of motu-mentoring-reception, and they will put you in touch with someone who is available as a mentor, as soon as a slot is available.04:28
mruizthanks persia, I will do it04:30
=== tmarble [i=tmarble@nat/sun/x-991985919ab081e4] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jekilcurrent release for upload in revu is gutsy, right?04:36
jekilso, why this: http://revu.tauware.de/revu1-incoming/tablelist-0705231750/lintian04:37
Hobbseepersia: where was the documentation on debdiffs and such?04:37
Hobbseejekil: because lintian is out of date on that machine04:37
Hobbseeit's only running dapper, iirc04:37
jekilHobbsee: thanks, i am supposing this :)04:38
persiaHobbsee: Which documentation?04:38
Hobbseepersia: i thought you had some documentation on writing debdiffs, as part of u-u-s04:38
persiaHobbsee: Do you mean the UUS queue contributor guidelines?04:38
persiaRight.  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Sponsorship/SponsorsQueue04:39
=== leonel [n=leonel@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
leonelhello  Good Ubuntureros !04:41
=== angasule [n=angasule@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jekilsomeone can review, please? http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=525504:43
Hobbseepersia: kidna04:46
persiaHobbsee: What are you looking for.  I might be able to find it.04:47
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== acm [n=ameinke@p57BCC73C.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiajekil: That looks lovely.  I've left a couple notes, which require a new upload.04:51
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@dsl-hkibras1-ff55c300-121.dhcp.inet.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseepersia: what a patch is, what a debdiff is, i think.04:52
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i59F70525.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaHobbsee: I'm not finding that.  MOTU/HowToPatch only covers patch systems, Bugs/HowToFix assumes the reader knows nothing about packaging, and MOTU/Bugs assumes you already know how to make a debdiff.  I'll draft one, but it'll likely be a few days (I want to flesh out MOTU/Contributing anyway).04:55
Hobbseecool..  sounds good to me04:56
Hobbseeit's long overdue, so a few more days wont hurt04:56
jekilpersia: good :) thank you :)04:56
persiaHobbsee: Yeah.  We have all that "Hopeful" stuff, but most of it was cleaned up to point to the new process, and we don't seem to have anything that helps those interested in helping (other than #ubuntu-motu, but that's horribly redundant :) )04:57
persiajekil: I finally figured out the formatting.  The comment is more correct now (although the content is the same).05:05
=== vijay2000 [n=vijay@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
pochuAmaranth: rock on :)05:07
jekilpersia: thanks a lot, but i have already uploaded the new package.. but revu dont show it.. is a my error? or depends to version change?05:08
persiajekil: http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=526205:08
jekilpersia: ops, sorry :) i was refreshing the old page, i am a revu newbie05:09
vijay2000can anybody tel me how to read a encrypted mail05:09
persiajekil: On the old page, look at the bottom, and the new link is shown.05:10
vijay2000i am using galeon05:10
Hobbseevijay2000: sounds like a #ubuntu type question05:10
vijay2000i am trying to complete the launchpad registration05:11
=== bashelie1 [n=bashelie@gov91-1-82-234-91-6.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jekilpersia: thanks, now you think that the package and my style of packaging can be right for ubuntu? (i learn in debian)05:12
persiavijay2000: Still, this channel will provide you with help in working with the packages, but for using your software you'll probably get a better answer in #ubuntu (or the documentation, or the wiki, or the forums, etc.)05:12
=== j-dizzle [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiajekil: I listed the only important differences in packaging between Ubuntu and Debian.  The big reasons are 1)  If your package gets into Debian (as -1), it's better to use the Debian package also in Ubuntu, and 2) If Ubuntu users have trouble, they should not contact the Debian Maintainer (especially if the package is different in Ubuntu than in Debian).05:14
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@dsl-hkibras1-ff55c300-121.dhcp.inet.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
vijay2000oh thanks persia..05:14
vijay2000i still get this error when i try to debuild clamtk05:15
vijay2000dpkg-source: building clamtk in clamtk_2.32-0Ubuntu1.tar.gz05:15
vijay2000dpkg-source: building clamtk in clamtk_2.32-0Ubuntu1.dsc05:15
vijay2000 dpkg-genchanges -S -sa05:15
vijay2000dpkg-genchanges: including full source code in upload05:15
vijay2000dpkg-buildpackage: source only upload: Debian-native package05:15
vijay2000Now signing changes and any dsc files...05:15
vijay2000 signfile clamtk_2.32-0Ubuntu1.dsc Vijay <vijay2000@gmail.com>05:15
vijay2000gpg: skipped "Vijay <vijay2000@gmail.com>": secret key not available05:15
jekilpersia: thanks a lot05:15
vijay2000gpg: [stdin] : clearsign failed: secret key not available05:15
vijay2000debsign: gpg error occurred!  Aborting....05:15
vijay2000debuild: fatal error at line 791:05:15
vijay2000running debsign failed05:15
persiavijay2000: Don't do that.  Use a pastebing.05:16
vijay2000what is pastebin05:17
ubotupastebin is a service to post large texts so you don't flood the channel. The Ubuntu pastebin is at http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org (make sure you give us the URL for your paste - see also the #ubuntu channel topic)05:17
Hobbseegrah...use a damned pastebin05:17
Hobbseemeans that debsign failed, but the build didnt.05:17
vijay2000now i am yet to build it05:17
Hobbseehowever, you are building it natively05:17
Hobbseewhcih you dont want to05:18
persiavijay2000: If you put the output in a pastebin, Hobbsee won't be confused, and will be able to help you better :)05:18
vijay2000hope i am making some sense now05:19
persiavijay2000: Your source package appears to have build correctly, but your description and changes files could not be signed, because debsign could not find a secret key that matched the address in the changelog.05:20
vijay2000what will be the solution for this ? :(05:21
persiavijay2000: The name and address in your changelog must match the name and one of the addresses in your key.05:21
=== Sindwiller [n=sindwill@84-75-101-114.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-MOTU
=== Nafallo [n=nafallo@ubuntu/member/nafallo] has joined #ubuntu-motu
vijay2000let me try it out05:23
=== lbm [n=lbm@0x555373ab.adsl.cybercity.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Sindwiller [n=sindwill@84-75-101-114.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-MOTU
Hobbseevijay2000: specify it with -k<yourkeyid> in the build05:24
Hobbseeit seems a bit tempramental, at times?05:24
vijay2000u mean like debuild -S -sa -k <keyid>05:25
vijay2000when i try to change the log i get it as parsechangelog/debian: error: badly formatted trailer line, at changelog line 505:29
vijay2000dch: fatal error at line 387:05:29
vijay2000Problem executing dpkg-parsechangelog:05:29
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@vipnet196-165.mobile.CARNet.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiavijay2000: That's probably what caused the first error.  Did you create your changelog entry with `dch -i`?05:31
vijay2000i am getting this error only now05:31
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiajekil: That looks much better.   Thanks.  A few non-blocking notes are available from http://www.pastebin.ca/50743905:39
vijay2000persia : now i get this error05:40
vijay2000Now signing changes and any dsc files...05:40
vijay2000 signfile clamtk_2.32-0ubuntu0.dsc D77BB7A805:40
vijay2000You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for05:40
vijay2000user: "Vijay (Vijay) <vijay2000@gmail.com>"05:40
vijay20001024-bit DSA key, ID D77BB7A8, created 2007-05-2205:40
persiavijay2000: Use a pastebin, or expect less help.05:41
Hobbseevijay2000: then you put in the passphrase.  see [01:40]  <vijay2000> You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for05:41
jekilpersia: thank you a lot05:42
vijay2000how to find my passphrase . what is a passphrase05:42
=== bleinmono [n=toffel@ppp85-141-150-74.pppoe.mtu-net.ru] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Sindwiller [n=sindwill@84-75-101-114.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-MOTU
persiavijay2000: When you created your GPG key, you were asked for a passphrase.  You need to enter than to sign your .dsc and .changes files.05:43
pochuvijay2000: it's a password05:43
vijay2000after entering the password i get this05:44
vijay2000signfile clamtk_2.32-0ubuntu0_source.changes D77BB7A805:44
vijay2000can i reset my passphrase 05:45
vijay2000i think i forgot the passphrase05:45
persiavijay2000: That's good.  That's what you want.05:45
vijay2000how to reset my passphrase05:45
Q-FUNKvijay2000: signing worked.  why do you need to change the password?05:46
persiavijay2000: `gpg --edit-key passwd -kD77BB7A8` let's you change the passphrase.05:47
Hobbseebut of course, you need to actually know the original passphrase to do it...05:48
vijay2000now i get this http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/22314/05:49
=== pochu [n=emilio@94.Red-88-3-50.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiavijay2000: For 22313, it looks like you typed the password correctly the first time, but not the second time (it asks twice).  For 22314, I probably made a mistake.  `man gpg` might tell you how to do it correctly.05:52
Hobbseethe second is a syntax error.  man gpg will help.05:52
vijay2000got signed succssfully :)05:53
=== bashelie1 [n=bashelie@gov91-1-82-234-91-6.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
pochunixternal: lol :)05:55
persianixternal: good morning.  Please do something about bug 116108 :)05:55
ubotuLaunchpad bug 116108 in yakuake "[Gutsy Merge]  Please merge Yakuake (2.8~beta1-1ubuntu1) from Debian Unstable (main)" [Wishlist,Fix committed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11610805:55
pochugood evening!05:55
nixternalgotta love some Robin Williams05:55
nixternalwhat needs to be done?05:55
nixternalseems it was committed05:56
persianixternal: The builds need to be checked, and either a new upload to fix the build failure, or closing the bug.05:56
nixternalit is built05:56
nixternaloh...close the bad mama jamma05:56
persiaThank you.05:57
nixternalamd64, i386, powerpc, and sparc all in the archives05:57
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C6865D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== pgquiles [n=pgquiles@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== etank [n=etank@ubuntu/member/etank] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== j-dizzle [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== SlimG [n=robert@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== robitaille [n=daniel@ubuntu/member/robitaille] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fredix [n=fredix@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Seveas [n=seveas@ubuntu/member/seveas] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Baby [n=miry@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tuxmaniac [n=aanjhan@unaffiliated/tuxmaniac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tsmithe [n=toby@ubuntu/member/tsmithe] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fraco [n=fraco@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
SlimGEnglish game manuals goes into /usr/share/man/man6/ am I right?07:11
=== inner3 [n=nick@dsl093-057-099.blt1.dsl.speakeasy.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
SlimGor should it go into /usr/share/man/en/man6 ?07:16
Hobbseedebian new maintainers guide shoudl tell you that07:16
jussi01SlimG: http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/index.en.html if you havent got it already...07:17
=== persia [n=persia@ubuntu/member/persia] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== fretchen [n=fred@dslb-088-073-224-202.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
SlimGDebain Policy Manual refers to FHS that states /usr/share/man/<locale>/man<section>/<arch> , but when I look at the existing system on feisty it lacks <arch> and throws english manuals in /usr/share/man/man<section>/ ..?07:23
=== fretchen [n=fred@dslb-088-073-224-202.pools.arcor-ip.net] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== mumbly [n=olivier@s2ii.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
vijay2000can anybody tell me wht is a .dsc file 07:40
gnomefreaksource file07:41
vijay2000where can i find it for clamtk07:42
gnomefreakapt-get source clamtk07:42
gnomefreakyou will get a .tar.gz a .dsc and a .diff.gz07:42
vijay2000which folder of clamtk will have this file 07:43
gnomefreakyou wont need to unpack it that way07:43
gnomefreakvijay2000: i believe its the debian dir.07:43
vijay2000no i am trying to build07:43
gnomefreakvijay2000: you need it all to build it07:43
gnomefreaksome dont have the .diff.gz but all need the .dsc and the .tar.gz07:44
gnomefreak!info clamtk07:44
ubotuclamtk: graphical front-end for ClamAV. In component universe, is optional. Version 2.31-0ubuntu1 (feisty), package size 39 kB, installed size 176 kB07:44
gnomefreakvijay2000: are you trying to build it to patch it to pratice or just feel like it?07:45
=== mruiz [n=mruiz@ubuntu/member/mruiz] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Bye!"]
vijay2000yes i am trying to build it for practice07:46
gnomefreakvijay2000: did you read the guide?07:46
ubotuThe packaging guide is at http://doc.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/packagingguide/C/index.html - See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Packages/New for information on getting a package integrated into Ubuntu - Other developer resources are at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperResources - See also !backports07:46
gnomefreaki suggest you read it ;) some packages are harder than others07:47
=== Starting logfile irclogs/ubuntu-motu.log
=== ubuntulog [i=ubuntulo@ubuntu/bot/ubuntulog] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Topic for #ubuntu-motu: Ubuntu Masters of the Universe: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU | https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Documentation | Add yourself to http://tinyurl.com/fgpgy to upload to REVU | https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/TODO | Let's merge! http://dad.dunnewind.net/universe.php | Want to join MOTU? Try helping out on these: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-dev/+mentoring | http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Mentoring
=== Topic (#ubuntu-motu): set by dholbach at Wed May 23 16:47:55 2007
=== j-dizzle [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jwhitlark [n=jwhitlar@64-121-52-87.c3-0.snmt-ubr1.sfrn-snmt.ca.cable.rcn.com] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== vijay2000 [n=vijay@] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== TheMuso [n=luke@ubuntu/member/themuso] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jwhitlark [n=jwhitlar@h-67-102-70-2.snfccasy.covad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== matid [n=matid@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== xxxxx1 [n=will@44125.static.fln.virtua.com.br] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xxxxx1hi all!08:42
=== reggaemanu_ [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-33-243.w81-53.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== giskard [n=giskard@62-101-126-218.ip.fastwebnet.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== nixternal [n=nixterna@ubuntu/member/pdpc.active.nixternal] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dpm [n=dpm@p54A128C5.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Subhuman [n=jack@host86-144-222-140.range86-144.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Runlvl [n=juan@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Xk2c__ [n=Xk2c@e178198201.adsl.alicedsl.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mruiz [n=mruiz@ubuntu/member/mruiz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bigon [n=bigon@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== SlimG [n=slimg@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
fernandohey all09:26
=== mruiz [n=mruiz@ubuntu/member/mruiz] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Bye!"]
fernandowaa: music-applet: package-installs-python-pyc usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/musicapplet/applet.pyc09:26
fernandothis is a problem?09:26
fernandos/this is/is this/09:27
SlimGIs .pdf manuals supposed to be packed?09:28
gpocentekfernando: I'm not a python packages expert but IIRC pyc are produced when the package is installed09:31
gpocenteki.e. they should not be in te .deb09:31
gpocentekSlimG: it's a good idea to include pdf docs in the package I think :)09:32
SlimGWhere should .pdf manuals be located?09:33
gpocentekin /usr/share/doc/<package>/ I guess09:34
=== crevette [n=crevette@man06-2-88-167-44-76.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
SlimGgpocentek: any specific naming/rules for it?09:37
gpocentekSlimG: I don't think so09:42
gpocentekyou can use dh_installdocs to install it09:42
=== DktrKranz [n=Luca@ubuntu/member/dktrkranz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-motu
fernandogpocentek: i'm not creating the .pyc, i don't know where in the build process its created =)09:51
pochufernando: aren't they in the orig.tar.gz?09:57
fernandopochu: no09:57
=== joejaxx [i=joejaxx@fluxbuntu/founder/joejaxx] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i59F70525.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
SlimGMy man page is beeing read as ISO-8859-1 instead of UTF-8, why's this?10:02
=== tideline [n=tideline@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Kmos [n=gothicx@unaffiliated/kmos] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C1A48C.access.telenet.be] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== apacheLAGger [n=me@N895P018.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== statik [n=emurphy@canonical/launchpad/statik] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Ex-Chat"]
=== afflux [i=fnord@pentabarf.de] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== plugwash [n=plugwash@p10link.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== gnomefre1k [n=gnomefre@adsl-144-142-25.rmo.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bmm [n=chatzill@cc400801-a.groni1.gr.home.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bmmIf there is anybody online from MOTU. I'm looking for my first advocation on ccbuild http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5125 Thanks in advance!11:14
=== vil [n=vladimir@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
tepsipakkipopey: ping? or anyone familiar with mono..11:24
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@host-85-27-113-187.brutele.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== paran [n=paran@cust.fiber-lan.snet.lk.] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bmmNo, but you could give me a try ;)11:32
ajmitchtepsipakki: yes?11:38
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C6865D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
tepsipakkiajmitch: hey, I'm trying to compile simias (a component of iFolder), but it fails miserably and I'm thinking that maybe some mono component is missing11:39
tepsipakkiit says "The type or namespace name `Stat' could not be found"11:39
tepsipakkibut shouldn't that be in Mono.Posix.dll?11:39
ajmitchprobably missing some linking line11:39
ajmitchlike -r:Mono.Posix11:40
tepsipakkihmm, okay11:40
tepsipakkitrying to figure out where to put that.. it's for mcs?11:42
=== stratus [n=stratus@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
hendrixskihey... is Sunbird not in the repos because it's not stable or because of that mozilla-debian falling out?11:48
pochuhendrixski: I think both :)11:50
=== Admiral_Chicago [n=freddy@adsl-68-255-98-227.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== j-dizzle [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-motu
pochuhendrixski: it wasn't built with the stable branch, and that was the reason asac hasn't built it in Debian11:50
hendrixskipochu, ah11:51
hendrixskiyeah, I heard it was still in Debian experimental... though, I'm not sure how to check these thigns yet11:51
pochuhendrixski: Maybe with the coming 0.5 release :)11:51
hendrixskiisn't it at 0.3.1 right now?  I'd assume .5 is a ways away11:52
pochu0.5 is in RC stage, so it will be final really soon.11:54
hendrixskipochu, cool.  I've been fishing around their site and I can't find a development timeline.  But that's pretty much what I needed to know11:56
hendrixskithanks :)11:56
pochuhendrixski: check the developers blog :)11:56
asacsunbird for 0.5 looks good12:03
asacbut top prio is more getting lightning ready for tbird12:03
=== highvolt1ge [n=highvolt@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
asachendrixski: pochu ^^^12:03
tepsipakkiajmitch: bah, tried giving /r:Mono.Posix.dll etc but doesn't help12:06
tepsipakkimaybe I'll just ask the list12:06
ajmitchyou shouldn't need the .dll12:06
ajmitchwhat does gacutil -l Mono.Posix12:06
tepsipakkitwo versions installed12:07
jekilsomeone please can review? http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=526412:08
=== tudenbart [n=willi@xdsl-213-196-242-150.netcologne.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!