mok0Aha! Someone's here :)12:15
mok0Does someone have time to look at my package http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=547812:16
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== _MMA_ [n=atm@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jml [n=jml@ppp121-44-219-120.lns1.hba1.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenHarperUKlo : can anyone review my Package on REVU?12:31
=== tiiiam [n=jonathon@24-107-8-64.dhcp.stls.mo.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tiiiam [n=jonathon@24-107-8-64.dhcp.stls.mo.charter.com] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== fabiomaximiano [n=fabio@201-40-20-220.bsaco300.ipd.brasiltelecom.net.br] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== xtknight [n=xtknight@c-68-43-122-102.hsd1.mi.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cypherbios [n=cypher@ubuntu/member/cypherbios] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== apacheLAGger [n=me@amarok/rokymotion/apachelogger] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== _MMA_ [n=mma@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@cust0920.vic01.dataco.com.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bryyceWould someone be willing to review a package - editres?  I'm in the process of updating the x11 apps for Gutsy - http://people.ubuntu.com/~bryce/Uploads/ editres* 01:42
crimsunbryyce: +1.01:48
=== Vorian [n=Steve@ubuntu/member/Vorian] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bryycecrimsun: thx01:49
=== Czessi [n=Czessi@dslb-088-073-061-082.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== _MMA_ [n=mma@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zul [n=chuck@ubuntu/member/zul] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== chris___ [n=chris@dhcp047014.wireless.unsw.EDU.AU] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== etank [n=etank@ubuntu/member/etank] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== javier_galicia [n=Javier@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cypher1 [n=cypher1@c-68-83-184-230.hsd1.nj.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== etank is now known as etank_mowing
=== reggaemanu [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-174-209.w86-214.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== rrittenhouse [n=tad@unaffiliated/rrittenhouse] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Ursinha [n=ursinha@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== keescook makes flushing noise with USN queue
joejaxxwell time to build tribe 1 discs :P02:53
=== mwolson [i=mwolson@jpi-wlafyte-212-116.dmisinetworks.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== persia [n=persia@ubuntu/member/persia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== chris___ [n=chris@dhcp047102.wireless.unsw.EDU.AU] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Jucato [n=jucato@ubuntu/member/Jucato] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== etank [n=etank@ubuntu/member/etank] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bren [n=bren@74-131-212-151.dhcp.insightbb.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jsgotangco_ [n=jsg123@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jsgotangco_ [n=jsg123@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaIs there a standard way to update php.ini when installing new php libraries?03:56
ajmitchpersia: maybe /etc/php5/conf.d/03:57
=== Jucato [n=jucato@ubuntu/member/Jucato] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaajmitch: Thanks.03:58
=== etank [n=etank@ubuntu/member/etank] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bryycehi, I've got a bunch of X app updates.  Would someone be willing to review/upload them?  There's 9 packages, all with basically the same changes.  http://people.ubuntu.com/~bryce/Uploads/04:15
=== Vorian [n=Steve@ubuntu/member/Vorian] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiabryyce: http://people.ubuntu.com/~bryce/Uploads/editres_1.0.3-0ubuntu1.debdiff seems pretty big, and touches files outside debian/.  What change are you intentionally making?04:17
bryycepersia: these include new upstream release, plus some packaging changes to debian/control, etc.04:17
=== RAOF [n=Chris_@matht464.maths.unsw.edu.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiabryyce: I'd recommend that you file a bug for each (add the "upgrade" tag), upload them to REVU, attach either an interdiff or diff -urN of debian/ to the bugs and include the REVU URL in a comment, and subscribe ubuntu-universe-sponsors to request upload.04:20
=== smcgraw [n=shane@12-216-188-54.client.mchsi.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Acksys [n=acksys@cpe-071-070-081-128.sc.res.rr.com] has left #ubuntu-motu []
persiabryyce: Um.  Rather, REVU might take a while.  Still, interdiffs would be great, and subscribing U-U-S makes sure that if nobody looking now gets them all, someone will catch it later.04:37
joejaxxanyone know how often u-m-s gets checked?04:42
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFWhat's the best way to get a new upstream version of KVM into universe.  Whip up some packages and put them on revu?  I'd like my KVM to work, and bug #1119254 is in the way :)04:44
RAOFDebian doesn't have the new upstream version, or I'd just merge/sync it.04:45
bryycepersia: hmm, thanks for the info, guess I need to do some reading.  I'll try again some other time.04:45
persiaRAOF: Put the new upstream on REVU, but also file a bug, attach the interdiff, and subscribe U-U-S to get attention as a new revision, rather than a new package.04:45
RAOFpersia: Cool, thanks.04:45
persiabryyce: I'd be happy to help you through it, if you like.04:45
=== _MMA_ [n=mma@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bryycepersia: thanks, maybe another day; I'm pretty wiped out04:48
=== effie_jayx [n=valles@ubuntu/member/effie-jayx] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiabryyce: Sure.  Thanks a lot.04:49
=== fernando_ [n=fernando@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Simon80I just tried kitchensync, I think I'm going to cry - it looks like there must be two different kitchensyncs, because the opensync frontend is most definitely not what comes down the pipe on an apt-get install kitchensync05:12
Simon80confusion makes me sad05:13
lifelessSimon80: check the version05:14
lifelesswhat version did you expect?05:15
Simon80is the apt-get version05:15
lifelessyes, I know05:15
lifelessI think you'll find its the 4.x versions that use opensync05:15
Simon80I wish new software would come out of the pipeline sooner :(05:16
jussi01hmmmm.... my memory is going, someone remind me of the dpkg command to get source from .dsc ? Please....05:17
persiajussi01: dpkg-source -x foo.dsc05:17
jussi01persia: thanks... 05:18
=== jussi01 points out this thread to the motu's around.... http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=470039
=== Acksys [n=acksys@cpe-071-070-081-128.sc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== persia wonders if there should be a REVU workflow associated with https://bugs.launchpad.net/~revu/+subscribedbugs for "needs-packaging" bugs. "Unconfirmed" meaning no advocates, "Confirmed" meaning one advocate. Queue is unsubscribed when processing, and only contains packages that need attention.
=== jussi01 whole heartedly endorses persia's idea.... :D
persiaAh.  Nevermind.  I seem to have misterpreted ~revu.  I retract that entirely.05:30
=== jussi01 goes and hides in the corner....
=== Ursinha [n=ursinha@] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Leaving"]
=== Simon80 greets jussi01 from the corner
=== man-di_ [n=mkoch@dyndsl-080-228-192-187.ewe-ip-backbone.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
nixternalhi, my name is Rich, and I am an ubuntuholic05:49
=== azeem [n=mbanck@ppp-88-217-39-101.dynamic.mnet-online.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== geser_ [i=mb@2002:5361:2a04:0:0:0:0:1] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== rollerskatejamms [n=zach@pool-71-249-99-9.nycmny.east.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
rollerskatejammsAnybody know where the Rails root directory is on ubuntu?06:11
=== Knightlust [n=Dax@ubuntu/member/knightlust] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== gouki_ [n=gouki@ubuntu/member/gouki] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaRAOF: Are you working on 119254?06:25
RAOFpersia: Kind of.  If you want to work on it, go ahead :)06:28
RAOFIf not, I'll assign it to me.  It seems it's a bit more than just packaging a new upstream, though - I need to check which version works against the 2.6.22-ish kernel we've got.06:29
StevenK2.6.22-rc something?06:29
persiaRAOF: No, I just has a minute between things, and checked.  If you are working on it, please assign yourself and set "In Progress".  From what I understand, the easiest solution is the new upstream.06:29
persiaRAOF: Ah.  Good luck.06:30
RAOFFailing that, I could see whether I could just build the kvm module inside the kvm package.  But I can't think of a package that does that, and there's probably a number of really good reasons for it :)06:30
StevenKRAOF: At install time?06:31
persiaRAOF: The really big reason not to do that is that the kvm package would need to be rebuilt everytime the kernel had an ABI bump, and there would be a lag (and lots of no-changes rebuild entries in the changelog).  That's why the Ubuntu kernel carries so many modules.06:32
persiaStevenK: even with module-assistant, that doesn't really address the issue.06:32
StevenKMaybe the solution is to stamp on BenC's forehead, "Don't forget about kvm!"06:33
persiaRAOF: If you need an update to the kernel modules source at the same time as the new upstream, add a linux-source-2.6.22 task to the bug after including the relevant patch (or better, a pointer to something that is being accepted into Linus' trunk) to get the right attention.06:34
RAOFRight, Ok.06:35
persiaRAOF: For extra bonus points, get a local copy of the ubuntu git, and pull the patch to make sure it applies cleanly :)06:35
RAOFYeah, that wouldn't be too hard.06:36
=== predius_ [n=predius@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFWouldn't it be nice if running ./configure would tell you if you're missing a library. Stupid kvm/qemu :(06:51
persiaRAOF: If it doesn't, then ./configure isn't checking for libraries properly.  That's a bug with the package build system.06:52
RAOFYes, I know,.06:53
RAOFkvm's build system is some custom-hacked configure which doesn't check for everything it needs.06:53
persiaugh :(06:53
RAOFOtherwise, I'd just try to *fix it*06:53
RAOFAutotools may be impenetrable, arcane magics, but at least there's a manual :P06:53
jmgthats why i like sourcemage's changelogs06:54
jmgAdded spell for: firestarter to master grimoire06:54
StevenKRAOF: If ./configure is missing something, it's probably missing a few lines in configure.in06:55
StevenK          && rm -f $file && PATH=../src:$PATH no -o $file en.po06:56
StevenK/bin/sh: no: not found06:56
StevenKHrm. Neat.06:56
RAOFstatik: That's assuming there *is* a configure.in.  *custom* *hacked* *configure* :(06:57
RAOFs/statik/ StevenK /06:58
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseemorning all07:00
persiaHobbsee: Good afternoon (or did you travel?).07:00
RAOFAfternoon Hobbsee 07:01
Hobbseepersia: i live on european time.  or australian time.  or both.  or a mixture07:01
StevenKNo, Hobbsee lives on Hobbsee time.07:03
StevenKTZ=HST date , etc07:03
StevenKHrm, HST actually exists.07:03
StevenK(And is -10)07:04
=== neversfelde [n=neversfe@nrbg-4db445a8.pool.einsundeins.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKAh ha. HST == Hawaii-Aleutian time zone07:06
=== persia is impressed at the political leverage of the Aleutians to change the name from the previous Hawaii Standard Time
crimsunthere, fixed.  Now we handle user stupidity for most cases.07:16
Hobbseedo you shoot them?07:17
persiacrimsun: In a specific case, or for all pebkac situations?07:17
crimsunno, we spoonfeed them.07:17
Hobbseeshooting them is more effective.07:17
crimsunwe tell them "no, silly, you were supposed to do _this_, so now do it."07:17
lifelesscrimsun: why don't we just do it?07:17
lifelesscrimsun: in the first place?07:18
crimsunlifeless: because we're not omniscient.07:18
Hobbseehiya lifeless 07:18
crimsunthe app in question requires the user to provide a parameter, and the user must provide it for the command to be useful.07:18
crimsunthe app can't simply provide "a sane default"07:19
lifelesshi Hobbsee, enjoying the weather ;)07:19
Hobbseelifeless: brrrr....07:20
Hobbseelifeless: and i'm missing playing Mao.07:20
Hobbseelifeless: and UDS in general.07:20
crimsunpersia: fairly specific case.  I'd have won some award for the latter...07:20
jsgotangcoyou miss Mao eh?07:20
=== Hobbsee hasnt really coped with the idea of winter, 2 days after she goes swimming in spain.
Hobbseejsgotangco: yeah07:20
crimsunpersia: (award being an enjoyable early death, I think)07:20
Hobbseeit's a great game :)07:20
jsgotangcoi suck at it07:20
persiacrimsun: heh07:20
=== Hobbsee muhahahhaha's at her evil rule, a bit more.
jsgotangcoi'm not too evil enough to play it07:21
lifelessHobbsee: organise some local folk07:22
Hobbseelifeless: i dont have the contacts :(07:22
Hobbseenot many, anywya07:22
lifelessHobbsee: they don't have to be foss folk07:22
Hobbseelifeless: i cant remember - you're in sydney or melbourne?07:22
lifelessyou're in melb right?07:23
Hobbseeoh right07:23
Hobbseecould just abduct people from SLUG then07:23
Hobbseebah, melbourne.  no.07:23
Hobbseesyd here too.07:23
ajmitchHobbsee: you don't have 'winter' there07:23
lifelessHobbsee: hmm. Why have you not been turning up at SLUG? :)07:23
Hobbseeajmitch: true that.  i became a wuss since leaving adelaide.  and i'm thin, so i'm allowed.07:23
ajmitchhello lifeless 07:23
Hobbseelifeless: because...many reasons.07:23
lifelessola ajmitch 07:23
Hobbseelifeless: i did once07:24
=== RAOF is from Hobart and basks in the 15 degree warmth!
=== lengau [n=lengau@c-76-22-213-228.hsd1.tn.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchRAOF: luxury!07:24
jsgotangcoHobart seems to be a nice place to stay07:24
lifelessHobbsee: Oh, then I retrack my tsk. kst. There it goes.07:24
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@dsl-hkibras1-ff55c300-121.dhcp.inet.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== alaQ [n=ckruse@cdu07b123.cncm.ne.jp] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== crevette [n=crevette@man06-2-88-167-44-76.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Q-FUNKI'm trying to add a link to the upstream debian package. I don't understand what that Release Series is all about.07:54
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
lifelessits a series of releases where they would all be considered 'roughly the same'07:59
lifelesse.g. automake 0.16.0 0.16.1 0.16.2 - its the '0.16 series of releases'07:59
lifelessgenerally you have a series for the most granular component of the version number07:59
lifelessin particular in the launchpad model you can only have *one* version of a given series in the distro at once08:00
Q-FUNKthat doesn't tell me the syntax.08:01
lifelesscmon, give me a break, you didn't ask for syntax you asked for what its all about08:02
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-14-105.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
lifelessanyhow looking up, you can't link to the debian package via the packaging-links - they link package to upstream, not package-to-other-distro08:02
=== elkbuntu [n=melissa@ubuntu/member/elkbuntu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Q-FUNKtrue enough. :)08:03
Hobbseehiya elkbuntu 08:03
lifeless'lo elkbuntu 08:03
Q-FUNKwell, debian is the upstream. it's a native package08:03
lifelessthen you would have a project in launchpad for the thing08:04
Q-FUNKand that info is needed to be able to mark a bug as also affecting another distro.08:04
lifelessand if the authors have multiple release series - e.g. if they have point releases for sarge etc and a mainline- make them, otherwise just use 'trunk'08:05
persiaQ-FUNK: Rather than using "Also affects Upstream", try "Also affects distribution", and select Debian - just add the link to the BTS.08:05
=== ScottK-laptop [n=kitterma@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Q-FUNKpersia: ok, that seems to wokr better.  thanks!08:08
Q-FUNKstrange that debian cannot be considered upstream for a native package, thoguh.08:09
=== persia disapproves of native packages in general. Debian native packages should actually be hosted in alioth, and Ubuntu native packages should actually be hosted in launchpad.
=== Lure [n=lure@external-1.hermes.si] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== anibal [n=anibal@debian/developer/anibal] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKAnd how does that help?08:11
Q-FUNKalioth only makes sense if a package is team maintained or impossibly complex.  otherwise, it's a waste of alioth's resources.08:12
persiaStevenK: If a previously native package is hosted in an RCS, and "Upstream" releases are made, from which new revisions are generated, all the confusions go away.08:12
persiaPersonally, I think native packages are legacy from before alioth.08:12
Q-FUNKthey are not. 08:13
persiaQ-FUNK: I think that native packages should be "upstream" hosted in alioth, with debidan revision numbers, to more easily manage branches for releases, etc.  It's only my opinion, and certanily not relfective of current practices.08:13
StevenKpersia: Being the maintainer of a native packae, I can say hand over heart, don't wanna!08:14
StevenKpackage, even08:14
Q-FUNKunderstood.  then again, a native debian package tends to be for software that only makes sense within the debian universe. it doesn't usually need to be branched.08:15
persiaStevenK: I completely understand :)  I've convinced one maintainer to do that for Ubuntu native packages, but I don't expect native packages to ever really go away.08:15
persiaQ-FUNK: Branches for each release, or for larger native packages with open maintainers, possibly separate branches for Debian,Ubuntu,Mepis,etc. (although this makes more sense with distributed version control than with SVN).08:16
=== persia has an especially strong opinion regarding Ubuntu native packages, to make it easier to package for Debian later, if appropriate.
=== pgquiles [n=pgquiles@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== elkbuntu [n=melissa@ubuntu/member/elkbuntu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsunthis is a bit troublesome: /dev/dm-0              13G -968M   13G   -  /08:23
Hobbseehaha...well done!08:24
persiacrimsun: Um..  5% extra special secret admin space?08:25
=== viviersf [n=cain@gw.impilinux.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Fujitsu [n=william@c58-107-52-79.eburwd7.vic.optusnet.com.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== coNP [n=conp@unaffiliated/conp] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C1A48C.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsunpersia: no clue, will have to check on next boot08:50
=== vil [n=lada@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== aplg [n=me@amarok/rokymotion/apachelogger] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== crevette [n=crevette@man06-2-88-167-44-76.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i59F718A8.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachgood morning09:06
=== RedKrieg [n=RedKrieg@ip68-230-209-186.rd.hr.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFGood evening, dholbach :)09:07
dholbachhiya RAOF09:07
Hobbseehiya dholbach!09:07
=== Hobbsee hugs dholbach
RAOFs a bit love-in in -motu!09:08
=== RAOF needs to move that enter key just a little bit further away.
=== jussi0l [n=caleb@cust0920.vic01.dataco.com.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jussi0lhello everyone09:08
=== dholbach_ [n=daniel@i59F706F1.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jussi0lhello dholbach 09:09
=== dholbach hugs Hobbsee back
dholbachheya jussi0109:09
jussi0lanyone know what the equivalent of debians x-window-system-dev is??09:11
jussi0ldo we have that?09:11
RAOFBut you're not meant to build-depend on that :)09:11
jussi0lRAOF, im installing cedega ;)09:12
RAOFLooks like xorg-dev should cover any deveopment *with* X11 you may require :)09:12
=== redkrieg_ [n=RedKrieg@ip68-230-209-186.rd.hr.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFI'd be surprised if xorg-dev *didn't* pull in everythning you need.09:13
jussi0lok..:D 09:14
jussi0lgah... 09:14
jussi0lhate errors...09:14
RAOFStupid cedega?09:14
jussi0lRAOF, are you busy?any idea how to fix: WineCVS.sh: 48: Syntax error: "(" unexpected09:14
jussi0lRAOF, yeah...stupid cedega09:15
crdlb...use wine?09:15
crimsunjussi0l: prepend bash?09:15
jussi0lmy little brother wants need for speed... (rolls eyes)09:15
RAOFOr edit the file to have a /usr/bash symlink.09:15
RAOFAnd NFS works on cedega but not wine?09:16
jussi0lcaleb@caleb:~/Desktop$ bash sh WineCVS.sh09:17
RAOFDoesn't make with the working?09:17
jussi0l/bin/sh: /bin/sh: cannot execute binary file09:17
RAOFYou probably don't want to bash sh :)09:17
RAOFJust "bash WineCVS.sh" would hopefully work.09:17
jussi0lheh... now i feel stupid... thanks09:18
RAOFAnd that works?09:18
=== RAOF 's experience with WineCVS.sh has not been exactly smooth. Although I did have the x86-64 handicap.
=== persia [n=persia@ubuntu/member/persia] has left #ubuntu-motu []
jussi0lRAOF, yeah, its working... any idea which profile i should use?09:19
RAOFOh, so it hasnt' built yet :)09:21
RAOFEh.  Whatever the default was.09:21
RAOFOr, rather, put it in $HOME, and use latest CVS.09:22
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFI just can't remember the options, frankly :)09:22
jussi0lgah, this is a really annoying one09:22
jussi0lRunning Profile : cvscedega_head09:22
jussi0lEnter root Password: 09:22
jussi0lsu: Authentication failure09:22
jussi0lsorry bout the flood09:22
RAOFYou should be able to build/install it to $HOME, which won't requrie root.09:23
RAOFOr even require root!09:23
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== chris__ [n=chris@dhcp046122.wireless.unsw.EDU.AU] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jussi0lwb RAOF 09:29
RAOFStill working?09:30
jussi0lno... i cant get past that root thing09:30
RAOFI was sure there was a "local only" install.09:31
RAOFWorst case scenario is you actually set a root password, I suppose09:31
jussi0lhmmm.. should i run the script as root? or not a good idea??09:31
jussi0lie. sudo bash WineCVS.sh ??09:32
RAOFThat'd probably work too.09:33
jussi0lRAOF, thanks, seems to be working now... 09:36
jussi0lsorry everyone else for clogging up motu channel with cedega help...09:36
RAOFc'mon archive.ubuntu.com, be faster.09:40
RAOFDaddy wants to build a new kvm package, that actually works.09:40
shawarmaRAOF: Use a mirror?09:41
StevenKRAOF: *Twitch*09:41
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@dsl-hkibras1-ff55c300-121.dhcp.inet.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFWell, that would be the obvious solution.  But obviousness is for crazies.09:41
=== Hobbsee eats the crazies.
RAOFHungry, Hobbsee ?] 09:44
Hobbseeit's about time for breakfast09:44
RAOFIt's about time for *dinner*09:44
Hobbseebah.  dinner at this hour?09:44
=== giskard [n=giskard@62-101-126-218.ip.fastwebnet.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFYeah, maybe it's a bit late :)09:45
Hobbseeit's lunchtime, definetly. but not dinner.09:45
RAOFThat's true.09:46
Hobbsee...wow.  http://community.livejournal.com/customers_suck/22037088.html#cutid109:51
=== zenrox [n=zenrox@pool-71-115-211-46.spknwa.dsl-w.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
BurgundaviaHobbsee: need to be logged in09:53
RAOFWho makes a restricted access blog?09:53
Burgundaviathe skinny?09:53
Hobbseeoh, point, sorry09:53
Hobbseeforgot about that09:53
=== jussi0l cries...
HobbseeRAOF: some entries are private - some bosses and such get angry if you display who you work for, etc.09:53
Q-FUNKeven logged in, it fails.  probably only visible to friends.09:53
Hobbseeit's the whole corporate blogging thing09:53
Hobbseeyeah, sorry, forgot about that.  it's friends only09:53
vilheya, bluekuja09:55
crimsunsilly blogs.09:58
RAOFWell, that looks like it was easier than I feared.  Looks like I can just drop in the new upstream KVM and it works.  Yay.09:59
Hobbseecrimsun: that community stops me from shooting people.  at least a bit.10:00
Hobbsee(yay, stupid customers)10:00
=== jussi0l smacks cedega, games and all little brothers....
Burgundaviajussi0l: I object!10:00
jussi0lBurgundavia, fix my cedega then...10:01
Burgundaviano, the last part10:01
geservil: if you sponsor uploads: you can use -k to debuild (or dpkg-buildpackage) to get it signed with your key so you don't need to change the changelog to your name10:01
Hobbseeweasel boy is objecting.   you must change.  :P10:01
=== Hobbsee ducks
BurgundaviaHobbsee: I will smack you10:01
HobbseeBurgundavia: 10:01
jussi0lnow now, thats harsh...10:02
vilgeser, right, dholbach just told me10:02
HobbseeBurgundavia: i beleive that's called abuse.10:02
Burgundaviayes, I render you speechless10:02
Burgundaviait is my stunning wit10:02
vilI did not change the changelog but debuild -e did10:02
Hobbseeit's hte fact that i'm freezing, so cant type10:02
jussi0lgah.. its telling me it cant find ./configure10:02
=== jussi0l slaps cedega again...
HobbseeBurgundavia: i believe that's against hte COC, anyway :P10:03
Hobbseealthough, you'd have the power to try to change it now10:03
RAOFjussi0l: Got autotools installed?10:03
Burgundavialikely, but I can just vote not to censure me :)10:03
HobbseeBurgundavia: besides, you'd have to find me.10:04
jussi0lRAOF, maybe not... this is a fresh install so unlikely...10:04
=== jussi0l goes to get autotools
BurgundaviaHobbsee: you live in that country down under. Can't be that big10:04
Burgundaviaremember, I come from Canada. To us, everybody but Russia is small10:04
HobbseeBurgundavia: let's hope your wit is better than your ability to tell ages, then10:08
RAOFI suppose I really should check whether or not all the patches to kvm are still needed.10:10
BurgundaviaHobbsee: right10:15
bluekujavil: pong10:15
=== DarkMageZ [n=richard@ppp167-203.lns4.syd6.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachwhen is the next REVU DAY going to be?10:26
Hobbseedholbach: today!10:27
crimsunwhy not on Thursday?10:27
=== Hobbsee uploaded 3 bits a few days ago, and archived a few more.
crimsunwe already have Q&A on Thursday, so having REVU the same day wouldn't be too far a stretch10:27
Hobbseerevu seems slightly broken at the moment, which makes it hard10:27
dholbachsounds good10:27
dholbachit'S really slow for me :/10:27
dholbachmaybe we should try the bzr based approach soon - see how it works10:28
crimsunMOTUMenuHeader updated10:30
=== zakame [n=zakame@ubuntu/member/zakame] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dholbach hugs crimsun
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@220.87-241-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== gpocentek [n=gauvain@ubuntu/member/gloubiboulga] has joined #ubuntu-motu
vilbluekuja, sorry for stealing your patches10:48
raphinkhi 10:50
raphinkdoes anyone know the debuild switch to build both binary and source and include them in the .changes?10:50
shawarmaraphink: That's the default.10:51
raphinkpbuilder will only include the binaries in the .changes but still lists "source" as a built architecture10:51
raphinkthat's what I thought shawarma, but there must be a way to force it since pbuilder doesn't do it10:51
bluekujavil, don't worry. I hope it wont happen again10:51
shawarmaraphink: pbuilder calls debuild?10:52
raphinkI think so shawarma10:52
raphinkwell no10:53
raphinkit calls dpkg-build-package10:53
raphinkit calls dpkg-buildpackage10:53
shawarmaAh, that makes more sense.10:53
shawarmaraphink: You have DEBBUILDOPTS set in pbuilderrc?10:55
raphinkthat's what I'm asking10:56
raphinkif you know the switch to pass it 10:56
raphinkso that it includes the source 10:56
raphinkah wait10:57
raphinkDEBBUILDOPTS is set to nothing10:57
raphinkso maybe I should set it to -b10:57
raphinklet's try like that :)10:58
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
shawarmawin 7711:03
=== persia [n=persia@ubuntu/member/persia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== DarkSun88 [n=Ma@ubuntu/member/darksun88] has joined #ubuntu-motu
DarkSun88Hi all11:03
=== BugMaN [n=BugMaN@nat.cabi.uniroma1.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jussi0lhmmm, what does XFree86-Mesa = in ubuntu ?11:12
=== xerosis [n=kieran@cpc2-shep5-0-0-cust722.lei3.cable.ntl.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsunnot sure what you're asking11:15
crimsunlibgl1-mesa-dev is the build-dep binary package used for most source packages; the source package name is mesa.11:15
jussi0lcrimsun, thanks11:15
jussi0lexactly what im after i think...11:16
crimsunwhat are you trying to compile?11:16
=== mok0 [n=mok@ghost.imsb.au.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
DarkMageZcedega is still a waste of time11:17
crimsunI'm pretty sure `apt-get build-dep wine` should cover all that.11:17
jussi0lgah... i have that already...hmmm wonder what the problem is...11:17
jussi0lhah, didnt know i could do that ...11:17
=== cypher1 [n=cypher1@c-68-83-184-230.hsd1.nj.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jussi0lthank you crimsun 11:18
jussi0lDarkMageZ, can you recomend something that will make need for speed run on linux then?11:19
DarkMageZwhich need for speed?11:20
jussi0lunderground 211:26
=== \sh is now known as \sh_away
DarkMageZit's probably playable then11:27
jussi0lonly works on cedega afaik tried on wine and it didnt work...11:27
=== \sh_away is now known as \sh
=== mumbly [n=olivier@s2ii.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@backup.grad.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mok0 [n=mok@ghost.imsb.au.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bluekujaheya guys12:04
bluekujaa question12:04
bluekujaif I'm the debian maintainer for a package12:04
jussi0lcrimsun, still up?12:04
bluekujawhen importing it to ubuntu (syncs gonna be closed on 20 june)12:04
bluekujashould I change maintainer to MOTU12:05
bluekujaor I can leave myself ?12:05
Hobbseeyou can leave it as yourself, if it's a direct sync12:05
Hobbseeas in, no ubuntu1 version number on it12:05
Hobbseeand you can manually rqeuest syncs after that, too12:05
jussi0lhmmm anyway... if someone can be bothered with my cedega problem... http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/25215/12:05
bluekujaHobbsee, if I want to version it with ubuntu, should I change the maintaine field?12:05
Hobbseebluekuja: yes.12:05
bluekujaHobbsee, thanks12:05
Hobbseebluekuja: but are teh packages in ubuntu and debian supposed to be the same?12:05
bluekujaHobbsee, yeah12:05
jussi0lHobbsee, to the rescue again :P12:05
Hobbseebluekuja: then why not upload it to debian, and sync it straight across?12:05
Hobbseeand not bother with 2 separate uploads?12:05
bluekujaHobbsee, new queue is huge now12:05
Hobbseethen the autosyncer does it's magic, when i'ts running, too12:05
bluekujaand it wont be in debian for the 20 june12:05
Hobbseebluekuja: they'll get it down.  you wont be abel to bypass the NEW queue by uploading it with an ubuntu version either12:05
Hobbseeoh wait12:05
Hobbseemaybe you would12:05
Hobbseebluekuja: is this new to debian, or a new version?12:06
man-dibluekuja: current NEW queue is not too lone12:06
bluekujaone of them is new12:06
bluekujaman-di, I'm talking about debian new12:06
man-dibluekuja: thats processed all in a day or two12:06
man-dibluekuja: /me too12:06
Hobbseebluekuja: sorry, is it currently in ubuntu at all?12:06
bluekujaHobbsee, nope12:06
bluekujaman-di, is there from about 1 week12:06
Hobbseebluekuja: then it's faster to put it into debian, and request a sync.12:06
man-dibluekuja: I know the guy who processes it12:07
Hobbseebluekuja: also, you'll have up to new package freeze for that sync to be processed12:07
Hobbseebluekuja: and they'll look at the filed date of the sync, when they action it12:07
man-dibluekuja: he is currently at Debcamp, I'm sure it will be processed soon12:07
bluekujaman-di, oh ok great :)12:07
bluekujaHobbsee, thanks for the hint12:07
Hobbseebluekuja: it'll still get stuck in the NEW queue for longer, if it's a new to ubuntu package, nto in debian.12:08
Hobbseebecause if it's in debian first, then ubuntu knows the debian ftpmasters have already checked a lot of stuff12:08
Hobbseeno problem12:08
Hobbseelike, licencing and such12:08
bluekujaah yeah12:08
bluekujaso It should be better to wait debian first12:08
bluekujaand then sync12:09
bluekujasounds great12:09
bluekujatnx Hobbsee :)12:09
Hobbseeno problem12:09
=== icf7 [n=icf7@WL-POOL04-28.UNI-MUENSTER.DE] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bleinmono [n=toffel@ppp91-76-74-174.pppoe.mtu-net.ru] has joined #ubuntu-motu
icf7Anyone in here who'd like to review http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5467 (Sunflow rendering system)? Thank you!12:17
tarzeauicf7: hey you know pixie?12:21
icf7tarzeau: No, looks interesting12:22
tarzeaui made a debian package already12:22
=== Pumpernickle [n=pumperni@CPE0016b6c9fba4-CM0012c9a9a6dc.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
tarzeaugnu.ethz.ch/debian/pixie/ 12:22
tarzeauhttp://sunflow.sourceforge.net/gallery/v0070/cloth_b-anim.mov <- very nice12:23
tarzeauicf7: do you do 3d modeling?12:23
tarzeauicf7: know www.sauerbraten.org ? blender? wings3d ? misfit model 3d?12:23
icf7tarzeau: No, I don't, my brother does12:24
tarzeauare his models online?12:25
icf7tarzeau: I normally write 2D web applications, just saw Sunflow was missing packages12:25
tarzeaui see12:26
icf7tarzeau: I don't really know, I think not12:26
=== bo [n=opera@125-237-208-12.jetstream.xtra.co.nz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bo [n=opera@125-237-208-12.jetstream.xtra.co.nz] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== Sindwiller [n=sindwill@84-75-101-114.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-MOTU
=== jussi0l parties on!!!
=== DarkMageZ [n=richard@ppp167-203.lns4.syd6.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bigon [i=bigon@imladris.bigon.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
shawarmaI forget: What are the requirements for uploading to revu? I've uploaded before, but I'm using a new e-mail address this time. Should that matter?01:02
icf7shawarma: You should have a working pgp key associated to you address01:03
shawarmaAh, it appears you also need patience.01:03
shawarmaIt's there now.01:03
shawarmaA second pair of eyes on http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5483 would be much appreciated.01:04
shawarmaIt's still two MOTU ACKs or one core-dev ACK ?01:05
Hobbseeit's still two acks01:05
Hobbseeshawarma: are you a MOTU?01:05
Hobbsee(or in core?)01:05
Hobbseeright, then you're one01:05
shawarmaNot core.01:05
shawarmaAh, so just one more ack?01:06
Hobbseedoesnt matter.  you're still in ~ubuntu-dev so that counts01:06
=== jrib [n=jrib@upstream/dev/jrib] has joined #ubuntu-motu
shawarmaRight, right. that was implied in my question: "It's still two (additional) ACKs (apart from my own of course) or one core-dev ACK ?"01:07
Hobbseelooking over it01:07
shawarmaBut ok, just two ACKs in total.01:07
Hobbseeno, it's 2 acks in total01:07
shawarmaHobbsee: Thanks!01:07
Hobbseeor last i knew01:07
=== DktrKranz [n=Luca@ubuntu/member/dktrkranz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseeshawarma: ooh, python stuff too hey?01:08
Hobbseeshawarma: FAIL!!!01:09
StevenKHeh heh01:09
Hobbseeshawarma: s/unstable/gutsy, for one.  release number looks wrong, too01:09
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
shawarmaarh, shit.01:09
=== raphink [i=raphink@nat/wormhole.x-echo.com/x-6cc591a9e805a144] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseeshawarma: perhaps 1.2.35-1.1-0ubuntu1 or whatever?  i havent checked teh big link01:10
shawarmaHobbsee: Um, why?01:10
Hobbseeshawarma: link to the homepage in the long description is also good.01:10
StevenKYes, I agree. Why?01:10
shawarmaIt has none.01:10
shawarmaNone that I know of.01:10
Hobbseeoh, i thought the RPM link was actually a sublink off the main page01:11
shawarmaThere's a reason why I had to yank it out of a src rpm. /me shudders01:11
shawarmaHobbsee: No, fedora archive. Man, what a mess.01:11
=== Hobbsee makes StevenK look it over.
=== shawarma kicks linda
Hobbseeoh right, i see.  adn teh system-config-samba-1.2.35-1.1.src.rpm bit is a fedora thing, too01:12
shawarmaAlright, that's it. I'm going to do nasty things to linda now.01:12
StevenKKeep talking, I'm reloading.01:13
Hobbseeshawarma: you're aware that the author of linda's in the room, are you not?01:13
shawarmaHobbsee: Indeed.01:13
shawarmaSo, if DEBEMAIL contains "@ubuntu.com" the latest distro in changelog must be an Ubuntu one. Agreed?01:14
StevenKLet's just say, he will be aware. :-P01:14
Hobbseeshawarma: pretty much01:14
Hobbseeshawarma: although, some people use @ubuntu.com address to upload to debian, occasionally01:15
Hobbseeit's more "if you want to upload an ubuntu version, you need to upload it to an ubuntu distro"01:15
shawarmaHobbsee: That's even better, yes.01:15
shawarmaStevenK: Uh.. linda doesn't check the distribution at all right now?01:16
shawarmaSo apart from the distribution, it looks good?01:24
shawarmaHobbsee: Or are you not done?01:24
Hobbseeyeah, it looked fine to me - but my python isnt so great01:25
shawarmaAlright. Thanks for looking at it.01:25
=== bleinmono [n=toffel@ppp91-76-74-174.pppoe.mtu-net.ru] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
shawarmaStevenK: Were you looking it over, too?01:36
zakamehmm is sudo borked?01:37
zakameI just created a gutsy chroot earlier and sudo isn't behaving as expected01:37
Hobbseeshawarma: he's TV watching01:37
=== beuno [i=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-motu
shawarmaHobbsee: Gah...01:42
zakamemeh, never mind, missing right /etc/group entries...01:43
=== bersace [n=bersace@did75-13-82-243-217-90.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zul [n=chuck@ubuntu/member/zul] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== persia [n=persia@ubuntu/member/persia] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@linagoraberri.pck.nerim.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== redkrieg__ [n=RedKrieg@ip68-230-209-186.rd.hr.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xxxxx1morning people!02:05
Hobbseemorning xxxxx1 02:06
=== redkrieg_ [n=RedKrieg@ip68-230-209-186.rd.hr.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== rrittenhouse [n=tad@unaffiliated/rrittenhouse] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== rpereira [n=rpereira@ubuntu/member/rpereira] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Knightlust [n=Dax@ubuntu/member/knightlust] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== etank [n=etank@ubuntu/member/etank] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bueroman [n=setanta@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
NightroseI wanted to upload my first package to REVU but it got rejected because I have got no upload rights - I suspect my key is not synced yet - can someone please have a look at that?02:35
bluekujaNightrose, joined universe contributors team in lp?02:35
Nightroseyes bluekuja02:36
bluekujaNightrose, if you did everything right, just ask to a REVU admin to sync the keyring02:36
bluekujasiretart: you can do it? :)02:36
Nightroseok thx02:36
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
siretartbluekuja: updating now02:40
bluekujasiretart, thanks :)02:41
bluekujaNightrose, wait siretart's update and try uploading again02:41
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Nightrosethx bluekuja and siretart02:41
=== Pumpernickel [n=pumperni@CPE0016b6c9fba4-CM0012c9a9a6dc.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Ursinha [n=ursula@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xxxxx1hello Ursinha 02:57
Ursinhahello xxxxx1 02:57
zakamehi all02:57
Ursinhahi zakame 02:58
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-motu
zakameheya Ursinha02:58
=== tmarble [n=tmarble@user-38q4et6.cable.mindspring.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachcan a revu admin get rid of a gdm upload that stalled somehow?03:06
dholbachthat'd be nice03:06
Hobbseedholbach: sure03:07
=== persia [n=persia@ubuntu/member/persia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseedholbach: done03:08
Hobbseehiya persia 03:08
dholbachthanks a lot Hobbsee03:08
persiaHey Hobbsee03:08
zakamehmmm, mailping's in a knit, our version is 0.0.4ubuntu3, but debian's at 0.0.4-0.2, causing grab-merge to calculate a new version of 0.0.4-0.2ubuntu1...03:08
zakameshould I bump to that, or to version 0.0.4ubuntu4 instead?03:09
Hobbseezakame: just ignore it.  syslog-summary does the same03:09
zakameHobbsee: meaning? go to 0.0.4ubuntu4?03:09
persiadholbach: Sorry it's taken so long.  I've finished reading, and comments are being put up at MOTU/WikiCleanUp/SomeReviewNotes03:10
dholbachpersia: WOW03:10
dholbachpersia: I'll read it in a bit03:10
persiazakame: I'd recommend 0.0.4ubuntu4, as otherwise dpkg --compare-versions will probably complaing03:10
Hobbseezakame: has someone already merged the previous changes?03:10
persiadholbach: I've a couple hundred more to transfer, but I hope it will be a useful place to start from.03:11
Hobbseewouldnt surprise me if 4ubuntu3 is already the merged version, though03:11
zakamepersia: yeah, I supposed that03:11
Q-FUNKhm. don't packages without any ubuntu delta get sync'ed from debian automatically, anymore?03:11
Hobbseethey do still, iirc03:12
zakameHobbsee: no, the newest debian version didn't merge, it was a BSP release03:12
Hobbseezakame: BSP?03:12
=== persia has reservations about the ubuntu versioning for native packages anyway - it completely breaks NMUs. We should really use -0.0ubuntu1 to start.
HobbseeQ-FUNK: depends when the freeze is03:12
zakameHobbsee: bug squashing party03:12
Hobbseezakame: ahhh.  yes03:12
zakamepersia: what complicated this was it was a native package being updated with an NMU03:13
zakameanyway, thanks :D03:13
persiazakame: Exactly.  I've enough now, but one of my future agenda items is to address that :)03:13
Q-FUNKHobbsee: we're not yet in a freeze are we?03:13
StevenKNope, no freeze03:13
zakameno, not, see ReleaseSchedule03:14
=== persia thanks StevenK for pointing out the problems with ubuntu versioning and native NMUs.
dholbachpersia: wow03:14
dholbachpersia: I'm amazed - really great work03:14
Q-FUNKI thought so.  i wonder why all my packages have been synced except for cups-pdf, then.03:14
persiadholbach: I'm not likely to actually contribute much towards the rewrite, but I'm hoping to put enough information together that it's easy for those that do.03:15
dholbachpersia: you contribute quite a lot to it :)03:15
Nightrosebluekuja: my package still gets rejected saying "Signer has no upload rights at all to this distribution." - should I wait longer or is something borked?03:15
bluekujaNightrose, did you setup dput properly?03:16
bluekujaor are you uploading to upload.ubuntu.com? :)03:16
Nightrosehmm will have a look ;-)03:16
bluekujaNightrose, please add REVU at your dput.cf03:16
bluekujaNightrose, and then dput name-choosen-in-dput.cd .changes file03:17
bluekujaNightrose, if you have any more question, feel free to ask03:17
mok0I want to upload extra fixes to REVU, but get the message: Already uploaded to revu.tauware.de03:17
=== cypherbios [n=cypher@ubuntu/member/cypherbios] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Nightrosethx bluekuja03:17
bluekujaNightrose, ;)03:17
bluekujamok0, delete .upload file03:18
persiaThose seeking sponsorship: please review the guidelines available from MOTU/Sponsorship/SponsorsQueue (or the more verbose equivalent in MOTU/Contributing): merge bugs should be confirmed when U-U-S is subscribed.03:18
=== persia wonders why there are "In Progress" bugs in queue
mok0thx it worked03:19
mok0but it complained over the orig.tar.gz file not being required03:19
bluekujamok0, ;)03:19
bluekujamok0, yeah, if already uploaded 03:20
bluekujais ok03:20
mok0so I don't need the -sa switch on debuild anymore?03:20
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-14-105.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bluekujamok0, yeah, you need it03:22
bluekujamok0, just ignore that dput message03:22
=== Fujitsu [n=william@ubuntu/member/fujitsu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bluekujamok0, you can drop or use it, nothing change for dput03:23
bluekujayou just receive that message, that you can easily ignore ;)03:23
Nightroseso here is my first package ;-) http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5487 please have a look03:24
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0ok thx03:26
bluekujamok0, good luck03:27
mok0persia: can we discuss the xinetd stuff now?03:27
persiamok0: I'm in the middle of something, but I should be ready in about two minutes.03:28
mok0Ill get some mocca03:28
=== stratus [i=stratus@conference/debconf/x-56cedb411460694c] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xxxxx1mok0: your comment number "8" is debian related, not ubuntu.03:32
xxxxx1ubuntu xinetd provides inet-superserver, but debian not.03:32
persiamok0: OK.  My memory was that you wanted to put an entry in the local inetd, and have it work for either inet-supoerserver, or xinetd, right?03:32
mok0ok, but there is still the problem of the configuration of the two servers03:33
persiaxxxxx1: Cool!  Thanks for pointing this out :)03:33
mok0persia: yes03:33
xxxxx1persia: ;)03:33
mok0lag :)03:33
persiamok0: If it provides inet-superserver, it should accept input from update-inetd (with appropriate config adjustments), as I understand it.03:33
lionelpersia: when a merge is confirmed when subscribing U-U-S, that means you have to confirm your own bug? iirc this is unwanted (to confirm your own bugs)03:33
mok0/etc/xinetd.conf looks very different from inetd.conf03:34
mok0There are scripts to convert inetd -> xinetd but not the other way around03:34
persialionel: Yes.  The general rule "Don't confirm your own bugs" does not apply when requesting work from others (Contributor asking for upload, Developer asking for SYNC, etc.).03:34
lionelOkay, okay03:35
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persialionel: The idea being that the receiving team wants to know that the necessary checks have been completed, rather than being a random bug typed in by someone not so familiar with the processes.03:35
=== RainCT [n=RainCT@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
lionelpersia: btw, don't you think it would be fine to get the mail "job done" on U-U-S mailing-list for sync and merge03:36
persiaAh another example: one writing a patch asking for packaging.03:36
lionelI find the mail useless if it's not the case03:36
lionelyou always have to refer to the bug list on LP to know if something is needed to be done03:36
persialionel: I don't subscribe to the mail - the LP queue is more useful to me (I subscribe to the bugs I process - this makes it easier to follow up).03:37
=== blueCommand [n=bluecomm@unaffiliated/bluecommand] has joined #ubuntu-motu
lionelI tend to first read my mails before going to LP, but that's a matter of taste I believe03:38
persialionel: I have the same workflow, but I don't subscribe to the U-U-S list, as I don't find any of that mail useful.03:38
Hobbseelionel: what's your suggestion for the ML, sorry?03:39
lionelHobbsee: only to get mail for sync acked or merge uploaded on the ML03:39
Hobbseei beleive it already does?03:39
lionelif we unsubscribe U-U-S just after doing the job, the ML does not get the notification03:39
lionelHobbsee: if we follow persia procedure, just after doing the job, you unsubscribe U-U-S03:40
=== persia notes that the current draft process suggests unsubscribing prior to starting work
lioneland mail does not reach the ML03:40
Hobbseetrue - but does the entire u-u-s sponsor list *want* to know about everything?03:40
Hobbseei guess so, if you're using mail only03:40
Hobbseewhich is kinda dangerous -as LP mail can be delayed03:41
lionelas I said, I tend to read my mail first and see if something is not done then go to LP03:41
StevenKAnd LP mail via a list doubly so delayed.03:41
persiaI don't think mail-only is a good way to sponsor: it's easy to have a conflict because of the 300 second LP mail delay.03:41
lionelbut, probabily... yes, you're right :)03:41
StevenKlionel: You lose. :-P03:41
persiaIs there any coordination or discussion on the UUS ML?03:42
lionelOk, ok 03:42
=== DarkMageZ [n=richard@ppp167-203.lns4.syd6.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKIt's all bugmail03:42
lionelSo this mailing-list is useless ? :)03:42
StevenKlionel: Hobbsee and I have spent hours on that list. Thanks.03:42
=== StevenK goes off to do something else.
persiaStevenK: Creating the list in the first place was an important part of getting the team started - think of the new process as a patch: adding to your previous work rather than ignoring it :)03:43
lionelStevenK: hey, sorry, just asking question, I'm new :)03:43
=== Fujitsu wishes that LP mail was a bit less like snail mail
=== persia notes that prior to UUS foundation, new revision candidates would sometimes take months to be uploaded.
Fujitsupersia: Not if you were persistent enough with poking people. I was :P03:45
lionelyeah, creating u-u-s is a great idea and work very nicely03:45
=== nixternal [n=nixterna@ubuntu/member/pdpc.active.nixternal] has joined #ubuntu-motu
lionel(I would no be there if it has not works great)03:46
persiaFujitsu: Yeah, well, in the beginning, new candidates were uploaded quickly.  Sometime just prior to Dapper release, the firehose started ramping up, and I was not very active during Edgy, so my revisions languished.03:46
=== beuno [i=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-motu
man-dilionel: Debian has removed apache 1.x from unstable. Can I safely remove libapache-mod-jk for apache 1.x for Ubuntu too?03:47
persiaman-di: Not quite.  If Debian removes something, you need to track down all the reverse-depends, and make sure that those that are to be kept are modified to not be reverse depends.  Then, file a bug requesting the remaining packages be dropped from Ubuntu with an explanation of why (removed from Debian is a good starting point), and send for sponsorship (unconfirmed).03:48
lionelhum... If debian removed apache 1.x, I think we will remove it also03:49
lionelthat that's a transition, not so small...03:50
lionelwe should coordonate it03:50
man-diI just meant removing on binary package remove from a source package which builds several binary packages03:50
man-dipersia: this needs no removal request. I guess03:51
man-dilionel: definitely03:51
Hobbseeshawarma: did you ever get your debdiff reviewed?03:51
man-dilionel: if we want to be really insane we can still build it for Ubuntu and not for Debian from the same source deb03:51
geserman-di: either wait till the bug gets fixed in Debian or move ahead and patch the pkg03:51
shawarmaHobbsee: Which one was that?03:51
Hobbseeshawarma: the one you asked about earlier03:52
man-digeser: I'm the debian maintainer of it03:52
shawarmaHobbsee: The system-config-samba package?03:52
shawarmaHobbsee: or did I also ask about a debdiff?03:52
Hobbseeshawarma: that's the one03:52
man-digeser: I just wanna coordinate this with lionel as he keeps an eye on the Ubuntu side03:52
persiaman-di: Sorry - I was hoping you'd chase the whole transition.  Dropping it from your package is a good start.03:52
Hobbseesorry, it was a new package.  my error.03:52
shawarmaHobbsee: No, but I put it in pitti's review queue. He'll get to it sometime. :)03:52
Hobbseethis bash has been doing my head in.03:52
=== DreamThief [n=mathias@unaffiliated/dreamthief] has joined #ubuntu-motu
HobbseeStevenK's around now, if he's up to reviewing something, IDK03:53
man-dipersia: first my packages I need to care about anyway, then the rest03:53
Hobbseei dont know03:53
shawarmaStevenK: poke?03:53
lionelman-di: I think we are going to sync this package and not merge any more quite soon03:53
shawarmaHobbsee: Oh, right.03:53
man-dilionel: syncing would be best, current version in unstable should be synced already03:54
lionelman-di: before removing apache module, I would like to know if/when we are going to remove apache in Ubuntu03:54
man-dilionel: oh no, Ubuntu has not synced yet03:54
shawarmalionel: apache 1.3?03:54
lionelshawarma: yes03:54
man-dilionel: understandable03:54
shawarmalionel: I don't think apache1.3 will be in gutsy.03:54
man-dishawarma: is this deciced already?03:55
lionelshawarma: same for me, but before droping packages, we have to be sure :)03:55
lionelshawarma: but now you're mister Ubuntu Server, aren't you? :)03:55
StevenKshawarma: Hum?03:55
geserman-di: it takes some time till removals move from Debian to Ubuntu03:55
shawarmaman-di, lionel: Well, not as such, but it's completely amputated anyway. We don't build php4 at all anymore, and the php5 package doesn't build apache 1.3 modules, etc..03:56
man-dilionel: that is exactly why I asked. Bad DDs would have just removed it03:56
shawarmaStevenK: Could you be pursuaded to take a look at http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5484 ?03:56
geserbut you can speed it up with a removal request based on that it got removed from Debian03:56
StevenKshawarma: Nope. :-)03:56
HobbseeStevenK: remember...he'll do nasty things to your machine if he says no03:57
persiageser: Is there an automated process?  I've found packages that were distributed for over a year after being dropped from Debian.03:57
man-digeser: do I need a removal request for binary packages? I thought that is for source packages only03:57
shawarmaStevenK: Yeah, what Hobbsee says.03:57
=== bonii [n=bonii@unaffiliated/bonii] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKpersia: It is not03:57
shawarmaStevenK: :)03:57
HobbseeStevenK: i thought there was soem form of it.03:57
StevenKgeser: And quote the Debian bug number.03:57
StevenKThere's NBS, which is for binary packages that aren't built any more.03:58
StevenKI don't think source packages that don't exist in Ubuntu are uncereminously killed, though.03:58
persiaman-di: Removal requests for binary packages are only needed when they are dropped from only some architectures.  Otherwise the scripts catch it, and the archive admins eventually remove them.03:59
StevenKEr, don't exist in Debian03:59
man-dipersia: so no removal request needed in this case, same as in Debian then03:59
=== TheDumbo is now known as Qball
lionelpersia: are you sure? in Universe, I thought we have to do a removal request for binary packages that have NBS04:00
persiaman-di: I think so.  Removal requests are only required for dropped source or architecture-specific dropped binaries.04:00
persialionel: Mr. Heen has so advised me that I shouldn't file removal requests for dropped binaries except when it is architecture specific.  It might take a while, but they get to it eventually.04:00
geserpersia: if I find packages removed from Debian I mostly file remove requests. I don't know if it happens automagically and how often.04:01
persiageser: That's been my practice as well (unless I see a reason to keep it in Ubuntu).  I think that the several of us who do that are the reason that it appears semi-automated.04:02
shawarmaStevenK: There's no chance? Hobbsee said it looked alright, we just want someone with stronger python-fu to say it's good to go.04:03
=== apachelogger [n=me@N867P005.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiamok0: Just out of curiosity, did update-inetd work for you, or are you still having an issue?04:12
mok0persia: I am taking a look at some other packages; what they do there...04:13
persiamok0: OK.  Let us know if you need help with a fancy postinst :)04:13
zakameanyone playing with atlas-cpp merge? It sure looks like it just needs a sync04:18
man-dizakame: I will take care of it04:19
mok0persia: amanda creates _both_ an entry in xinetd.d and in inetd.conf (via inetd-update)04:19
man-dizakame: I'm debian maintainer of it04:19
mok0persia: that's easy and it will work 04:19
persiamok0: That sounds ideal to me.04:19
zakameman-di: yeah, I know :)04:19
mok0persia: :-) great04:19
man-dizakame: there is a bigger update for all this comming up04:20
man-dizakame: let me figure all out and then sync everything04:21
zakameah, cool04:21
zakamehmm, what else to merge?04:22
Hobbseezakame: *04:26
zakameHobbsee: *? I'm trying not to be greedy :P04:27
persiazakame: Be greedy (but check the bugs on LP first)04:28
Hobbseezakame: whatever's not done by now is fair game, imo04:28
zakamepersia: hehe, very well04:28
zakameHobbsee: game on, then04:28
persiaI disagree - I argue that anything that hasn't been claimed on LP is fair game.04:28
=== persia wants to make sure freqtweak doesn't get merged until it can be sync'd
=== G0SUB [i=ghoseb@ubuntu/member/gosub] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiazakame: It's in LP (as any other issues like that should be)04:30
=== gizmo [n=gizmo@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0what uid/group names are standard for inetd daemons?04:36
shawarmamok0: Depends on what it'd have to do..04:36
mok0it needs no privileges04:37
persiamok0: That works fine, unless the package needs to write to the filesystem.04:37
mok0It just needs to write to stdout which inetd redirects to a socket.04:38
mok0I tnink :-)04:38
persiamok0: Test, Test, Test, and then rebuild and test again :)04:38
mok0Yeah yeah yeah04:39
mok0Why do I ask?04:39
statikdholbach: thanks for your comments on http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5473, I really appreciate them. I did not understand the line about debian/pyversions though.04:45
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
statikdholbach: I have a debian/pyversions file, do I need to change what it contains?04:45
=== neversfelde [n=neversfe@nrbg-4db44711.pool.einsundeins.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
zakameerm, another one on carpaltunnel04:54
zakamewe ought to be more careful when bumping versions on NMUs04:54
=== giskard [n=giskard@62-101-126-218.ip.fastwebnet.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0Seems like I need to make an entry into /etc/services. Is there a script to do that?04:56
persiazakame: Perhaps you'd like to draft a spec?  I've some thoughts on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EmmetHikory, but as I said, I'm not getting to it soon.04:57
=== apacheLAGger [n=me@N865P021.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-motu
zakamepersia: hmmm, lemme think through it :)04:58
dholbachstatik: oh, forget that line, sorry05:01
statikdholbach: no worries. I just uploaded a new version with all the other changes05:01
dholbachrock and roll05:02
=== persia wishes someone would write a daemon packaging guide to answer common daemon related questions
=== MagnusR [n=magru@c83-252-237-96.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachstatik: the package does not build for me anymore - seems it was a bad idea to add setup.py in a patch05:05
dholbachstatik: seems the patch target is called after the clean target, which uses setup.py already05:05
persiamok0: http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-customized-programs.html is probably a good start.  Can you not work around with current /etc/services?05:05
statikdholbach: oh! I did not anticipate that problem. I should have checked it in my pbuilder before uploading05:06
dholbachstatik: what I probably meant to write regarding pyversions is that I'd rather add a   XS-Python-Version   line to debian/control05:06
dholbachstatik: but that's fine05:06
mok0It seems like I need a service name to put in inetd.conf05:06
statikdholbach: I'm happy to do it with XS-Python-Version instead. Shall I do that and revert the change to setup.py?05:07
mok0I can easily put it in via a script, but what happens if netbase is updated? Then things might break. 05:07
mok0This is why xinetd is a Good Thing.05:07
dholbachstatik: yeah, try and see if that fixes the build again :)05:07
mok0inetd is from the old times where sysadm edited all files manually05:08
mok0We don't have triggers, do we?05:08
RainCT(any Python guy here that can help me with some basic stuff?)05:10
mok0RainCT: what do you need05:10
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@35-48.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RainCTmok0: if I've a program with many .py files that are imported into the main one (so they will go to /etc/share/programname/ when installed), how do I've to write the import in order that it gets them?05:12
=== SlimG [n=slimg@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0pydir = "/whatever/whereever/pydirectory"05:14
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0if not pydir in sys.path:05:14
=== leonel [n=leonel@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
SlimGWhat method is preferred when building a deb package from a makefile? I'm only familiar with building a dir that resembles the root, and run dpkg --build <folder> .   on it05:15
persiaSlimG: There are different schools of thought, but pbuilder, sbuild, and debuild predominate (or else I'm misunderstanding your question)05:19
RainCTmok0: thanks05:19
SlimGpersia: I think thats is the ansewer to my vague question :) thanks!05:19
=== tobiasschulz [n=tobias@AC9EDDDC.ipt.aol.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
tobiasschulzcan someone check http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5488 ?05:20
persiaSlimG: Personally, I recommend sbuild if you can free up 10-20GiB of HD space, and pbuilder otherwise.05:20
man-diSlimG: packaging got much more comfortable then "dpkg --build ..." in the last 10 years05:22
=== sindwiller_ [n=sindwill@84-75-101-114.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-MOTU
SlimGman-di: The reason I'm using dpkg --build is that I understand it, and I havent understood any other methods sofar, to me dpkg --build is easy05:25
SlimGis debuild the thing I should use instead of dpkg --build?05:25
man-diSlimG: yes05:26
persiaSlimG: What exactly are you seeking to accomplish?05:26
man-didebuild is a wrapper around dpkg-buildpackage05:26
man-didpkg-buildpackage uses dpkg --build internally...05:26
zakamedebuild makes it easy to build as well as clean05:26
persiaOn the other hand, debuild is not always best when one wants to compile something for a target other than the system on which the compile is performed.05:27
SlimGI'm going to create a deb from a binary package without touching/editing it's files05:28
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== radhios [n=radhios@96-208-126-200.fibertel.com.ar] has joined #ubuntu-motu
SlimGit's closed source, I'm not intending it for the ubuntu archives05:30
persiaSlimG: Ah.  Do you have the source?05:30
SlimGnope, if I had I would share05:31
persiaSlimG: Careful there - you can't always share source that you can read: always check your licenses.  In any case, for your special situation, `dpkg-deb -b` is probably easiest, although it's really not recommended practice.05:32
=== Hobbsee_ [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
SlimGpersia: Sorry, to quick reply from me, I meant if I've created the source code myself05:34
SlimGIsn't it possible for me to create a Makefile with a proper install section + DEBIAN/control file, and then use one of the deb builder apps to do the rest of the magic?05:35
=== aanderse [n=aaron@CPE0015e916db19-CM001225d7436c.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cypherbios [n=cypher@ubuntu/member/cypherbios] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaSlimG: If you have the source (even if it's closed), and are working with it on the local system, it's probably better to create a source package (see a packaging guide), and use debuild to make your binary.  If you create control and changelog, and have a good makefile, a one or two line CDBS debian/rules should do it all for you.05:36
ubotuThe packaging guide is at http://doc.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/packagingguide/C/index.html - See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Packages/New for information on getting a package integrated into Ubuntu - Other developer resources are at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperResources - See also !backports05:37
SlimGpersia: I don't have access to the source, just binary05:37
SlimGthanks for your help, I think I'll be able to manage my deb creation with all this info05:38
=== sindwiller_ is now known as Sindwiller
=== fernando_ [n=fernando@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tmarble [i=tmarble@nat/sun/x-9207f3bc4fbe422b] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== giskard [n=giskard@62-101-126-218.ip.fastwebnet.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== persia wishes someone hadn't deleted all the library transition pages from the wiki last month
=== Hobbsee looks around guiltily
Hobbseethey told me it could be reverted, though05:57
persiaHobbsee: I've just been taught how to search the deleted wiki :)05:58
persiasuperm1: bug 111797 was for the (previous) libflac transition (there's a new one now).06:02
ubotuLaunchpad bug 111797 in rezound "libflac++5c2 to libflac++5 transition" [Undecided,Fix released]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11179706:02
=== jekil [n=alessand@host247-160-dynamic.56-82-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== phanatic_ [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-motu
imbrandonmoins & gnight all06:02
persiaumm..  nevermind.  it didn't actually search the deleted wiki :(06:05
persiasuperm1: `grep-dctrl-FDependsxlibs</var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_breezy_main_binary-i386_Packages|grep-dctrl--not-FDependslibx11-6-sPackage` is the only grep-dctrl library checking snippet I can find lying around, but it's probably a good place to start.06:06
=== tuxmaniac [n=tuxmania@unaffiliated/tuxmaniac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
leonelkeescook:  I'm still fighting with dapper's  clamav    for  CVE 2006-6481  upstream  included new options in the clamscan  and clamav-milter  as  I understood   for  security bugs  only we can patch  but not add or remove  options  I'm I right ?06:06
ubotuClam AntiVirus (ClamAV) 0.88.6 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (stack overflow and application crash) by wrapping many layers of multipart/mixed content around a document, a different vulnerability than CVE-2006-5874 and CVE-2006-6406. (http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2006-6481)06:06
=== Martinp23 [n=Martinp2@wikimedia/Martinp23] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== acm [n=ameinke@p57BCC706.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
SlimGCould anyone help me to find the source of my character trouble? http://files.iggu.org/testmanual is a manpage that contains the english alphabet + 3 special norwegian characters (,  and ), these three characters displays fine with "cat" but "nroff" has problem displaying them correctly and Lintian gives me a warning, why's this?06:16
SlimGtestmanual is (or should be) UTF8 encoded06:17
=== d33p__ [n=d33p@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
SlimGI've struggled with this issue for a long time, it would mean very much to me if someone wants to help me finding the source of the problem06:19
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Pumpernickle [n=pumperni@CPE0016b6c9fba4-CM0012c9a9a6dc.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Neonightmare [n=neonight@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== hendrixski [n=hendrixs@cpe-66-66-116-69.rochester.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Neonightmare [n=neonight@] has left #ubuntu-motu []
nixternalMOTU: take a look at SRU bug 120056 please06:27
ubotuLaunchpad bug 120056 in mga-vid "[SRU]  mga-vid-source does not build due to linux/config.h being dropped from >=2.6.19 kernel" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12005606:27
persianixternal: Please indicate why, and also, just subscribe u-u-s when requesting sponsorship :)06:27
nixternalthe bug report says why :)06:28
keescookleonel: the goal is to only have minimal changes, yeah.06:29
persianixternal: You probably want feisty-proposed, and a ubuntu0.1 verision number, just to start.06:29
nixternalin the changelog?06:29
nixternalfor feisty-proposed that is06:29
leonelkeescook: so  for 6481 does not  apply to dapper's ?06:30
=== Yagisan [n=Yagisan@doomsday/developer/Yagisan] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Leaving"]
leonelkeescook: I mean  for dapper that wont be patched ?06:30
persianixternal: Yep.  Once you've fixed that, use the normal sponsorship request process to get it uploaded.06:31
nixternalOK, fixed06:35
keescookleonel: we can patch it as much as we can.  adding new options seems like a bad idea, though.  better to try to solve the CVE in some other way06:35
nixternalwhat is the "normal sponsorship request process" ? I always requested it here :)06:35
persianixternal: Great.  Now it's in queue, and someone will upload it soon :)06:35
nixternaldamn that was quick06:35
nixternalyou rock persia...don't know if I ever told you that :)06:35
leonelkeescook: debian added  those options06:35
beunoquick question, why would I be getting this:  dpkg-buildpackage: unable to determine source package is06:35
persianixternal: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SponsorshipProcess06:35
=== Qball is now known as false
persianixternal: The page needs a little work, but the idea is to subscribe UUS or UMS to request actions that only a developer may do (upload, archive request, etc.).06:35
=== false is now known as Qball
keescookleonel: if debian has a clean patch for it, then that should be okay.  the theory being that it has been tested and works for them.06:35
nixternalOK, so I have already done that :)  Ya, I know to always add u-u-s accordingly..didn't know if there was more tot he process06:35
=== umarmung [n=holger@p54AA3D4E.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Neonightmare [n=neonight@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persianixternal: There's at least the whole other side of it :)06:36
=== _Enchained [n=cyrille@set25-1-88-166-169-102.fbx.proxad.net] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Quitte"]
=== Neonightmare [n=neonight@] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== dpm [n=dpm@p54A1089C.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaman-di: eclipse FTBFS.  Would you mind taking a look?06:39
=== netdur [n=adel@adsl196-170-44-217-196.adsl196-10.iam.net.ma] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lifeless_ [n=robertc@ppp245-86.static.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Leaving"]
hendrixskiquick question:  the friendly people at nexenta OS (which is Ubuntu on an OpenSolaris kernel)... how much overlap do their packages have with ours?06:50
=== netdur [n=adel@adsl196-170-44-217-196.adsl196-10.iam.net.ma] has left #ubuntu-motu []
Hobbseehendrixski: absolutely no idea - maybe ask them?06:51
=== slomo [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-motu
hendrixskiHobbsee, I stopped by their channel earlier today...'cause I'm interested in what the future of interchangeable kernels would look like... and they're really quiet 06:53
Hobbseei dont know of anything from ubuntu, but that doesnt maen there's nothing going on :)06:54
=== javier_galicia [n=Javier@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== azeem_ [n=mbanck@ppp-88-217-26-120.dynamic.mnet-online.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiahendrixski: You might try their mailing list, if they're not so active on IRC.06:54
hendrixskiHobbsee, k... so, we probably don't share packagers and developers with them ... at least not on this channel?06:55
hendrixskipersia, good idea06:55
Hobbseehendrixski: well, *i* dont know of any - but i dont live here :)06:55
Hobbseeand i'm merely one person06:55
hendrixskiHobbsee, lol.  so like pitching a tent and just camping out here?06:56
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@linagoraberri.pck.nerim.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseehendrixski: hehe07:00
Hobbseehendrixski: sounds good07:00
Hobbseeor ask in the ubuntu-motu mailing list07:00
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@dsl-hkibras1-ff55c300-121.dhcp.inet.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
hendrixskiI'll poke around there lists first.... as soon as I figure out why pbuilder is being mean to me07:03
=== persia [n=persia@ubuntu/member/persia] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@dsl-hkibras1-ff55c300-121.dhcp.inet.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zul [n=chuck@ubuntu/member/zul] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== hagi [n=hagi@adsl-84-227-220-125.adslplus.ch] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== hagi [n=hagi@adsl-84-227-220-125.adslplus.ch] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== neversfelde|mobi [n=neversfe@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== luis_lopez [n=llopez@68-182-37-101-Public-Marmac-MIPHA.client.eng.telusmobility.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== _czessi [n=Czessi@dslb-088-073-048-156.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fernando_ [n=fernando@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== TLE [n=kenneth@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== slomo_ [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== neversfelde|mobi [n=neversfe@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== vorian [n=steve@ubuntu/member/Vorian] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== hagi_ [n=hagi@adsl-89-217-94-140.adslplus.ch] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bersace [n=bersace@did75-13-82-243-217-90.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== vil [n=vladimir@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== \sh is now known as \sh_away
=== ScottK-laptop [n=kitterma@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mok0 [n=mok@56346690.rev.stofanet.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== davromaniak [n=cyril@LAubervilliers-153-52-16-160.w217-128.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== DktrKranz [n=Luca@ubuntu/member/dktrkranz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== doko_ [n=doko@dslb-088-073-087-069.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Kmos [n=gothicx@unaffiliated/kmos] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== MagnusR [n=magru@c83-252-237-96.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== thoreauputic_ [i=peter@ubuntu/member/thoreauputic] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tobiasschulz [n=tobias@AC9EDDDC.ipt.aol.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
tobiasschulzmay somebody check the last upload of that package? http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=547408:23
=== _neversfelde [n=neversfe@nrbg-4db44428.pool.einsundeins.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Lure [n=lure@89-212-19-55.dynamic.dsl.t-2.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== apacheLAGger [n=me@N732P030.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== thoreauputic_ [i=peter@ubuntu/member/thoreauputic] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@host-85-27-113-187.brutele.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
joejaxxit has been quiet today08:31
ScottK-laptoptobiasschulz: I'm looking at it.08:31
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C6865D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0how can I list what a given package provides? (i.e. virtual packages)08:37
xxxxx1mok0: apt-cache show [pkg] 08:38
mok0yes, thx08:38
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-motu
DktrKranzif a package doesn't have a patch system by default, is it legal adding a new one if changes to upstream code are consistent?08:58
=== highvoltage [n=highvolt@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
gesersure, but don't introduce one if the changes for the patch system itself are larger than the patch09:01
DktrKranzI'll try both ways09:01
=== Spec [n=nwheeler@ubuntu/member/spec] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== aanderse [n=aaron@CPE0015e916db19-CM001225d7436c.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
hendrixskiumm... is it normal for pbuilder to take an hour to create a .deb?  I'm repackaging mythtv plugins to get experience with editing code in multiple .deb setups... and it feels like getting the dependencies took in every package known to man ... plus a few not yet discovered09:15
geserhendrixski: it depends09:16
geserpbuilder first fetches the needed debs, so this depends on your internet connection09:16
=== fraco [n=fraco@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== `23meg [n=m@ubuntu/member/-23meg] has joined #ubuntu-motu
hendrixskigeser, full road runner... I'm just amazed at how many debs it was fetching09:17
geserand then it depends on the package, there are packages which build in a couple minutes and then there are packages which need an hour09:18
geserand this depends on how fast your machine is09:18
hendrixskigeser, ah Ok... so it's not completely abnormal that this could be taking me an hour   ... Ok09:19
geserhendrixski: it caches the downloaded debs, so this part will be faster if you build again09:19
hendrixskigeser, awesome!!!09:19
hendrixskithat's pretty good news actually ... here I was getting all worried and stuff that I was doing something terrible to my system09:20
geserpbuilder stores them in /var/cache/pbuilder/aptcache/09:22
shawarmaI'd like someone with experience in packaging python things to take a peek at http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=548409:26
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/Amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== MichaelSpeer [n=dre@mail1.dremedical.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
MichaelSpeerSome time ago I was looking at launchpad.net and saw an error in the emacs-extra package that looked easy to hunt down.  I did so and submitted a patch in the comments at that time.  I saw the error still exists today, tracked it down to its real package ( php-mode ) and found it is not registered there.  Any ideas on my next move.  I don't know where to find a maintainer ( if one exists ).09:38
=== DktrKranz [n=Luca@ubuntu/member/dktrkranz] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Microsoft]
=== DarkSun88 [n=Ma@ubuntu/member/darksun88] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Sto]
mok0how can I list which packages _require_ a certain other (virtual) package?09:43
=== lamont [i=lamont@nat/hp/x-c4608a929fbe53fc] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lamont kicks tads
lamontit's unfair that a no-change rebuild-upload is ftbfs.09:44
geserMichaelSpeer: LP works on source packages. The source package for php-mode is emacs-extra: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/emacs-extra/+bugs09:47
lifelesslamont: lol :)09:48
lamontlifeless: stupid dash09:48
lamontI guess I'll actually test the build before I upload this time.09:48
lifelesswelcome to compatible09:48
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@dsl-hkibras1-ff55c300-121.dhcp.inet.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
gesermok0: have you tried grep-dctrl?09:51
fdovingmok0: does 'apt-cache rdepends <package> ' do what you want? 09:52
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
MichaelSpeergeser : That is where I had submitted the bug.  I am reassigning the bug to 'ubuntu-universe-sponsers'.  That should notify them correctly, no?09:58
mok0geser: I didn't know grep-dctrl, will look into it, thx!09:58
geserMichaelSpeer: ubuntu-universe-sponsors sponsors only complete debdiffs (diff between two source packages)10:01
geserif you manage to also create a debdifff for your patch, it will get sponsored10:01
mok0fdoving: apt-cache rdepends works for me! :) 10:02
=== radhios [n=radhios@96-208-126-200.fibertel.com.ar] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lamont wonders what mok0 was trying to solve
mok0Jeez I am finding loads of bugs in the various inetd packages...10:05
=== lamont hates not having scrollback
mok0lamont: I am testing out various inetd daemons but they don't install/uninstall cleanly10:06
lamontmok0: "but why would you ever uninstall my beautiful inetd package???"10:06
mok0lamont: why don't you have scrollback?10:06
lamontmachine was down.10:07
lamontso I could go hit the archive, but I'm lazy10:07
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-6862f7dccb745d08] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0lamont: if you ask me, they should all be banished from the distribution in favour of xinetd10:08
mok0Anyway, none of them remove the links from /etc/rc*.d when uninstalled which I would call a BUG10:09
=== kane77 [n=kane@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jekilsomeone can review please? http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=545010:10
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@1-225.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fraco [n=fraco@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0jekil: sorry not a MOTU 10:11
mok0Actually, I don't who _is_ a MOTU around here. We're probably all hangarounds :-)10:12
mok0a.k.a. prospects10:12
=== jrib pokes the motu's
fdovingmok0: removing =! purging, try purging the packages, see if all files vanish then.10:13
=== bluefoxicy [n=bluefox@c-68-33-112-13.hsd1.md.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0fdoving: ok10:13
=== deep [n=deep@c-9f2a71d5.017-19-626c671.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0fdoving: what maintainer script is run during purging?10:15
fdovingmok0: prerm and postrm. there are no .prepurge or .postpurge10:16
mok0But one thing is leaving config files around -- like for example the apache config file -- another thing is leaving those rc*.d links. 10:17
lamontDH_OPTIONS='' dh_gencontrol -p$$p -u-v$(TADS2_DEB_VERSION)10:17
lamonthow very, uh, very.10:17
=== gizmo_ [n=gizmo@xdsl-87-78-86-1.netcologne.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
gesermok0: http://women.debian.org/wiki/English/MaintainerScripts10:17
mok0When you reboot, the system will still try to start those services long after they're gone10:17
mok0The links should go when you remove the binary.10:18
beunoanyone here running sid and gnome to help me debug a package?  it builds fine but I'm having a wierd problem with the menu entry10:18
gesermok0: what gives "dpkg -l theinetdpkg"?10:18
man-dimok0: dh_installinit is suppoed to add code to remove them on purge10:18
man-dimok0: dh_installinit adds that code to prerm or postrm (one of both)10:19
fdovingmok0: no, it won't cause problems, if it does, it's a bug in the init-script somehow. they will check whether the binaries it is planning to use exists or not, if it doesn't it exits silently and continues.10:19
mok0geser: pn  netkit-inetd    <none>          (no description available)10:19
mok0xinetd also has "pn"10:20
geserthen file a bug if files from netkit-inetd are still there10:20
geserdito for xinetd10:20
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
fdovingdon't include the ones you modified manually, if any.10:20
mok0Well it's kinda hard to say exactly _what_ I've done :-)10:21
mok0Abused the package system, I guess10:21
fdovingyou can use 'debsums' to check the checksums of files in a package.10:22
fdovingmok0: 'debsums -e netkit-inetd' for example.10:23
fdoving-e tells it to only check config files.10:23
=== Ursinha [n=ursula@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0fdoving: debsums is cool! I am learning a lot tonight10:24
=== crevette [n=crevette@man06-2-88-167-44-76.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== superm1_ [i=malimonc@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== vil [n=vladimir@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
MichaelSpeergeser : I've looked further into the motu system.  By FAQ I located the bug in the debian section of the package and uploaded a diff against it.  This is for the emacs-extra package.  If you could psare a glance, can you tell me if I have done exverything in line with the community procedures?10:47
beunowhat command should I use to add a menu entry in gnome that requieres super user priviledges?10:48
superm1_siretart, ping10:49
Nafallo...and with that, gnight ;-)10:52
geserMichaelSpeer: you need to prepare a new source package. I haven't looked at the package yet but it should be only a changelog entry that's missing.10:53
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
kane77how do I know what is build dependency and what is the other (library and runtime or whatever it is)?10:53
geserMichaelSpeer: I will prepare a patched package in a few minutes10:54
=== Ursinha [n=ursula@] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Leaving"]
mok0build dependencies are those packages needed to compile yours, header files and such10:58
kane77I used the script to find what it depends on10:59
mok0run time dependencies are determined automagically by dh_shlibdeps10:59
=== Pumpernickle [n=pumperni@CPE0016b6c9fba4-CM0012c9a9a6dc.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
kane77oh so I only fill in the build deps?10:59
mok0yes, but some packages are needed to compile, but not to run after compilation10:59
mok0Build dependencies are almost always *-dev packages11:00
=== lamont fixes tads and re-uploads. stupid packages mucking with versions
mok0If you need something more, lintian will complain and tell you11:01
=== tsmithe [n=toby@ubuntu/member/tsmithe] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0For example, if you use dpatch for patch management11:01
MichaelSpeergeser : I am not trying to put any speed on this.  It is a low priority patch that ensures php-mode is selected when php files are opened.  My system is patched and anyone using it has been dealing for what looks like ( in the change log ) about five years.  Ever since the package was initially placed in unstable.11:01
mok0you have to specify "dpatch" as a builddep11:01
MichaelSpeerI was just ensuring I had gotten the motu team what they needed.  Mostly so I will know what to do in the future.11:01
=== crevette_ [n=crevette@man06-2-88-167-44-76.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
geserMichaelSpeer: there are round 100 MOTUs responsible for 10000 packages with the same amount of bugs. There more you can prepare the better for us. The best is a ready debdiff, which needs only a review and can be directly uploaded.11:04
=== TLE [n=kenneth@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== TomaszD [n=tom@unaffiliated/tomaszd] has joined #ubuntu-motu
MichaelSpeergeser : Thank you for volunteering your time.  I'm sure I depend on many packages that exist only at the whim of yourself and those working with you.  As for a debdiff in this case, unless I read the information incorrectly I do not believe debdiffs apply to the debian folder, so that is why I created the normal diff.11:11
shawarmaMichaelSpeer: Well, when people want to suggest a fix, we always prefer a debdiff. You are probably thinking of using a patch system to patch things in debian/ which we don't want.11:12
crimsundebdiffs certainly apply to debian/11:12
=== lamont [i=lamont@nat/hp/x-c4608a929fbe53fc] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Client]
MichaelSpeershawarma : the problem exists due to a .el file in the ./debian/ folder.  Where would I submit changes to this part of the package if not launchpad.net?11:16
=== cypherbios [n=cypher@ubuntu/member/cypherbios] has joined #ubuntu-motu
shawarmaMichaelSpeer: It's fine to attach a debdiff to the bug report as a patch.11:19
shawarmaMichaelSpeer: Not only "fine", actually. it would be frickin' excellent! :)11:21
=== shawarma wanders off for a little while
=== reggaemanu_ [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-134-145.w86-210.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== aanderse [n=aaron@CPE0015e916db19-CM001225d7436c.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xxxxx1bye all11:28
MichaelSpeershawarma : Actually I was referring to your comment that using patch systems to alter items in the ./debian/ folder was inappropriate, and was asking where the appropriate place is.11:28
=== giskard [n=giskard@62-101-126-218.ip.fastwebnet.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
MichaelSpeershararma : please ignore my last comment, I had missed crimsons comment.11:32
MichaelSpeercrimson : Thank you for clearing that up.11:32
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@dsl-hkibras1-ff55c300-121.dhcp.inet.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== etank [n=etank@ubuntu/member/etank] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0I have now uploaded my final (???) version of wulfware to REVU, but it didn't create a debdiff??11:52
=== so1 [n=soc@p54ADDD46.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Monk-e [n=guido@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mok0 [n=mok@56346690.rev.stofanet.dk] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== RainCT [n=RainCT@] has left #ubuntu-motu []

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!