DaSkreechmanchicken: soooooo we aren't going to hear it?12:23
jjesseman i love buffalo wings12:29
=== lnxkde [n=lnxkde@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== wsjunior [n=wsjunior@unaffiliated/wsjunior] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Riddellgonnae someone merge kftpgrabber01:57
=== jjesse [n=jjesse@72-255-23-237.client.stsn.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== claydoh [n=claydoh@66-252-58-124.dyn-adsl.midmaine.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
nixternalRiddell: taking a look at kftpgrabber right now02:09
=== jjesse_ [n=jjesse@72-255-23-237.client.stsn.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
jjesse_hmmm wind stopped outside, bet that means the storms are on the way02:19
=== jjesse_ is now known as jjesse
jjesseslow night tonight :)02:35
nixternalRiddell: requested sync for kftpgrabber - they included our patch02:54
nixternalvery slow night tonight02:54
nixternaljjesse: you guys getting storms over there?02:54
jjessesupposed to02:54
jjessebut they passed02:54
jjessei like thunderstorms02:54
nixternalI hate when that happens02:54
nixternalyou work yourself up for a good storm, and it passes you by02:54
jjesseespecailly cause they are comming from the east to the west02:54
jjesseinstead of the normal route02:54
nixternalthose are the good ones02:54
nixternalespecially when they meet the lake02:55
jjessei think deal or no deal is one of the dumbest shows on tvb02:55
jjessethe people are retarted02:55
nixternalI don't think I would take the deal02:56
jjessethey give up like 500k and lose everything02:56
nixternalI would go all the way until the end02:56
nixternalif I come home with a dollar, hey that is all I was meant to have02:56
jjessehah you would be one of those i would laugh at02:56
=== xerosis would deal first offer
nixternalhas anyone won the million yet?02:57
=== huahua [n=huahua@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
jjessei don't think so02:57
=== yuriy [n=yuriy@207-172-67-143.c3-0.frm-ubr3.sbo-frm.ma.cable.rcn.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== DaSkreech [n=alteroo@port0002-abm-static-adsl.cwjamaica.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Jucato [n=jucato@ubuntu/member/Jucato] has joined #kubuntu-devel
jjessewhats' that?03:46
DaSkreechweb Ubuntu03:48
jjesseJucato: did you ping me the other day?03:48
Jucatojjesse: yeah. about your FS View question on kubuntu-devel03:48
Jucatoanyway, replied to the mailing list :)03:48
jjesseoh  cool03:48
jjesseDaSkreech: i get a time out to that wubuntu page03:48
DaSkreechIt worked earlier03:48
DaSkreechguess it got dotted03:48
jjesseTimeout on server03:48
jjesse Connection was to wubuntu.weejewel.net at port 8003:48
Jucatoit might be suffering from ubuntuforums.org effect :)03:49
jjesseJucato: was it you who showed me launchy for windows?03:50
jjessecause i'm really liking it03:50
Jucatojjesse: yesssss. :)03:50
jjessei really like it03:50
Jucatohehe I like it too. although I'm not on Windows most of the time nowadays03:51
=== apokryphos [i=apokryph@unaffiliated/apokryphos] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Jucatonot really03:52
JucatoI mean it's a lot like Katapult but w/ the things I like :)03:53
Jucato1) multiple hits 2) themeable03:53
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #kubuntu-devel
DaSkreechkatapult technically is themable :)04:03
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Jucatotechnically is not the same as easily :)04:05
Jucatohi Hobbsee!04:05
DaSkreechyou didn't say easily :)04:06
=== Hobbsee eeks
=== lnxkde [n=lnxkde@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Jucato acks Hobbsee's eek
=== Hobbsee has an exam today...
DaSkreechDoes it involve a plastic cup?04:08
Hobbseedont think so04:08
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
jjessedo you ever look at the clock and go holy crap what did i just do for the last 30 minutes04:11
Jucatogrrr!!! I just hate it when a book's index doesn't match the pages :/04:11
DaSkreechLike google's cache04:12
Jucatojjesse: no. I go "holy krap what did I just do for the last 2 hours"04:12
Hobbseejjesse: yeah.  every night.04:12
JucatoDaSkreech: for a C++ book, an index is essential :(04:12
jjessei think its worse when i travel cause then i just turn on the tv and forget what i'm doing04:12
Jucatome? everyday... by night I don't look at the clock anymore...04:13
JucatoI only notice the time when my eyes begin to droop...04:13
HobbseeJucato: i do that, and it becomes 6am.  i was *going* to get better after UDS, and it just got worse.04:13
jjessethats a bummer04:14
Jucatotimezones suck... have to adjust everytime...04:14
jjessejust a reminder never try to download an 8 gig file over hotel internet04:15
JucatoI'm glad my country sits on only one tz :D04:15
jjesseJucato: what is "your country"04:15
Jucato(never heard? :D)04:15
jjessedidn't remember04:15
Jucatoit's my country! mine!!04:15
jjesseall hail king Jucato04:15
Jucatook time to go back to access specifiers...04:16
Jucatoking Jucato trembles before Queen Hobbsee of the Pointy Sticks04:17
DaSkreechDarn you Hobbsee. open source your pointy sticks!!04:18
DaSkreechWe all want to share in them :-( It's not fun having all the power in one well made fist04:19
Hobbseedream on04:21
Jucatolol! now I know why QObject::connect is called like that :)04:22
Jucatooops sorry :)04:22
HobbseeDaSkreech: it's no fun if you all have pointy sticks too.04:28
DaSkreechoh no04:28
DaSkreechwe would contribute to your pointiness :)04:28
=== n8k99 would stop being so blunt
DaSkreechSee? It's a charitable work!04:38
Hobbseebut it's fun poking people, and i cant do that if they're pointy stick enabled too...04:38
ubotuI phear the stick so shhhhh04:39
Jucatobeware Hobbsee... too much poking with your point stick will eventually lead to more piercing than poking... :/04:39
HobbseeJucato: er, i found that out at UDS actually...04:39
=== Hobbsee was using some of the toothpicks to poke people.
Hobbseeat the palace04:41
Jucatowell, it's pointy and a stick... but not long... hence it didn't work as planned :)04:41
Hobbseestill very sharp, though.04:41
Hobbseeespecially if you have a helper04:42
Jucatooooh maybe you should add "sharp" to "long pointy stick" :D04:42
Hobbseeso then there are *two* poking04:42
Hobbseei sometimes do - the Sharp Long Pointy Stick of DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 04:42
=== n8k99 crawls into an abandonned tortoise shell
DaSkreechtortoisesvn ?04:43
DaSkreechthat's a turtle that's different04:45
=== hunger_t [n=tobias@p54A725DB.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== czessi_ [n=Czessi@dslb-088-073-017-170.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
jdongnixternal: funny you should mention that.... bug 120312 :D05:16
ubotuLaunchpad bug 120312 in ktorrent "Sponsor: KTorrent 2.2~rc1" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12031205:16
=== jjesse_ [n=jjesse@72-255-23-237.client.stsn.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== lnxkde [n=lnxkde@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Jucatonixternal: looks like what you predicted about Linspire might become a reality...06:02
DaSkreechnixternal is a witch! Burn him!06:02
=== apacheLAGger [n=me@N949P014.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== BentJ [n=BentJ@port46.ds1-esp.adsl.cybercity.dk] has joined #kubuntu-devel
DaSkreechSince I'm obvioulsy not going to bed now I'll just hit up my good frined commit-digest06:36
=== ScottK-laptop [n=kitterma@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
nixternalwell, someone needs to hit up the kftgrabber sync06:38
nixternalright ScottK-laptop ?06:38
nixternalperfect timing I tell you06:38
nixternaljjesse_: Kubuntu Docs: any ideas for Gutsy? I think all we need to do is build up what we already have06:38
DaSkreechWell done scotty!06:40
=== ScottK-laptop [n=kitterma@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
ScottK-laptopnixternal: Won't it sync automatically?06:42
ScottK-laptopnixternal: Tell me where to find the Gutsy New queue in LP and I'll look at it.  I don't have it bookmarked on my laptop and I can't find it for the life of me...06:42
nixternaldunno, does it?06:42
ScottK-laptopIt doesn't have an Ubuntu unique revision.  Are we past auto syncing in the sched?  I haven't looked lately.06:43
=== ScottK-laptop looks
ubotuLaunchpad bug 120300 in kftpgrabber "Please synce kftpgrabber (0.8.1-1) from Debian Unstable (main)" [Undecided,Unconfirmed] 06:43
nixternalI don't know, Riddell asked for someone to do a merge, but Debian is using our Kubuntu patch so we can drop Kubuntu changes06:44
nixternalso since they are doing the patch now, we can just sync it06:44
ScottK-laptopnixternal: OK.  I looked at it wrong before, it does have an Ubuntu unique revision.  My bad.06:45
=== Knightlust [n=Dax@ubuntu/member/knightlust] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== kwwii [n=kwwii@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
nixternalit did have one06:45
=== ScottK2 [n=kitterma@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
ScottK2Stupid Hotel internet connection.  I'm looking at the sync.06:50
DaSkreechnixternal: doc something for me :)06:52
nixternalDaSkreech: what's up?06:52
DaSkreechnixternal: find out what the hekk kgrab is and do a writeup on your blog :)06:53
nixternalkgrab...never heard of it06:53
DaSkreechMe either06:54
DaSkreechand neither has google ... much06:54
DaSkreechbut I'm hearing it's all that with a side of ksnapshot and katpult goodness06:55
nixternalwell, from what I am reading on kde-core-devel (2006-09-06) it is just ksnapshot so far w/o all of the buttons06:56
ScottK2nixternal or anyone who knows: I could do with a link to the NEW queue in LP...06:58
nixternalhrmm...I am unfamiliar with the new queue07:02
ScottK2nixternal: Bug #120300 was more complicated than you thought.07:06
ubotuLaunchpad bug 120300 in kftpgrabber "Please synce kftpgrabber (0.8.1-1) from Debian Unstable (main)" [Undecided,Needs info]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12030007:06
=== ScottK2 is now known as ScottK-laptop
nixternalScottK-laptop: but those weren't ubuntu changes07:08
nixternalif they were, they were never addressed07:08
nixternalI think the reason between the changes is because the amount of time that has lapsed between our last merge and the 2 or 3 updates that Debian did07:08
ScottK-laptopnixternal: I think the changelog that alegedly showed the remaining Ubuntu changes was radically wrong.07:09
ScottK-laptopnixternal: In particular I'm worried about the build-dep differences not being addressed.07:10
nixternalwell, the only other change that was in the log was removing libgamin07:10
ScottK-laptopAll the changes in /debian should be documented either in the Debian or Ubuntu debian/changelog, so it looks to me like somebody hasn't been documenting all their changes.07:11
nixternalkdelibs4-dev is correct07:11
nixternalI would say that would be Debian and not us..I hope07:11
=== ScottK-laptop downloaded both packages and debdiffed them. I'd suggest doing that and going through it.
ScottK-laptopAs I understand the process, when you say it's safe to sync over the Ubuntu diff, you have to address all of the differences.07:13
nixternalthis is a mess07:18
ScottK-laptopnixternal: Yes it is.07:19
nixternalno debian/control differences between debian's 0.8.0-0 and 0.8.1-107:19
ScottK-laptopnixternal: I debdiffed the latest Debian and Ubuntu releases and it looked ugly.07:19
nixternalya, I just did the same07:20
nixternalwell the debian/ portion at least07:20
nixternalI would like to know why debian/control changes were made and not documented07:20
ScottK-laptopnixternal: Right.  That's all that counts since the upstream version is different07:20
nixternaland the upstream version is also correct07:20
ScottK-laptopnixternal: Agreed it's be nice to know why (actually who so we can ask Ms. LongPointyStick to pay them a visit).07:21
=== neversfelde [n=neversfe@nrbg-4db442c0.pool.einsundeins.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
nixternalif we merge this, all it does it continue on with the nastiness and the broken merges in the future07:21
ScottK-laptopnixternal: The right answer is to go through the differences in /debian and either drop them or document them so whoever gets to it next clearly knows what's up.07:22
nixternalto document them as drops, in the changelog add a section like [Richard A. Johnson]  above fboudra's changes?07:23
=== ScottK-laptop looks
ScottK-laptopnixternal: Do it just like a merge where you make kftpgrabber (0.8.1-1ubuntu1)07:25
nixternaland then the next release we can sync?07:28
ScottK-laptopnixternal: If you get through it all and decide nothing needs to be kept, then maybe this one can be a sync, it just needs to be evalutated and documented (in the bug for a sync and in the changelog for a merge).07:28
nixternalwell I can tell you now nothing needs to be kept07:28
ScottK-laptopnixternal: Then in that case update the sync bug to describe all the differences and say it's OK to sync over them.07:28
nixternalroger that07:28
=== nixternal gets to grep'n
ScottK-laptopYou'll need to resub UUS once that's done.07:28
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== _marseillais [n=marseill@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== jjesse__ [n=jjesse@72-255-23-237.client.stsn.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Lure [n=lure@external-1.hermes.si] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== superstoned [n=supersto@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Lure_ [n=lure@external-1.hermes.si] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== jpetso [n=jpetso@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== sahin_w [n=KT@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== _StefanS_ [n=sfs@cpe.atm2-0-90156.0x5734b54a.naenxx14.customer.tele.dk] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Jucatoafternoons :)09:05
_StefanS_so whats up ?09:06
JucatoI'm up now :)09:06
=== hunger_t [n=tobias@pd95b0676.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Jucato(from an afternoon nap :P)09:06
_StefanS_Jucato: well one's gotta sleep sometime.. My girl woke up this morning at 6:00... too bad when you're not really in bed until after midnight09:07
_StefanS_Jucato: gets you after a while ;)09:07
Jucatohehe :)09:07
=== Jucato yawns...
ScottK-laptop_StefanS_: How old is your girl?09:08
JucatoI do need to control my sleeping habits though...09:08
_StefanS_ScottK-laptop: just 10 months :)09:08
_StefanS_ScottK-laptop: another one coming in ~2 months (boy)09:08
ScottK-laptop_StefanS_: Ah.  My youngest is 4, so I can still remember.09:08
=== _StefanS_ feels he will get busy
ScottK-laptopOh wow.09:08
ScottK-laptopand tired09:08
_StefanS_ScottK-laptop: hehe yea, well we want them to be close09:09
Jucatoeheh :)09:09
=== Jucato is lucky... for now... :)
_StefanS_ScottK-laptop: hopefully they will get alot from eachother09:09
giangynew-generation hackers.09:09
giangy'morning guys09:09
ScottK-laptopbruises, cuts, concussions.09:09
ScottK-laptopAnd then they'll be great friends after they are adults09:10
Jucatothat never happened with me and my sis... (4 years apart)09:10
_StefanS_ScottK-laptop: oh yes, she's just started to pull herself up on her feet on just about any occasion, and she hit something and got nosebleed09:10
Jucatowe're like cats and dogs...09:10
_StefanS_ScottK-laptop: hopefully..09:10
=== _StefanS_ boots his gutsy vm to check for new stuff..
ScottK-laptopMy wife has the theory that the more they fight as children, the more likely they are to get along as adults09:11
_StefanS_ScottK-laptop: sounds interesting; never heard that one before :)09:11
_StefanS_hmm I'm looking for a good firewall package for ubuntu so I can retire my soekris firewall09:12
_StefanS_anyone know of one?09:12
=== ScottK-laptop just has iptables rules.
ScottK-laptopDo you really need one?09:13
_StefanS_no but I'm lazy, and used to gui/web interface..09:13
_StefanS_maybe I should just use webmin09:13
=== ScottK-laptop doesn't bother on desktops, only on internet exposed servers
_StefanS_and iptables ofcourse09:13
_StefanS_its for my server..09:14
ScottK-laptopOnce you get a decent iptables script setup, it really doesn't take a lot of maintenance.09:14
_StefanS_got a nice mini-itx core duo 2.16 ghzin a nexus psile case09:14
_StefanS_right, I just want to save my electric bill, and the cpu in the soekris box is only a 266mhz geode09:14
_StefanS_not good for QoS ..09:14
=== |sahin_w| [n=KT@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== hunger_t is now known as hunger
_marseillais_StefanS_, do you allready have your @ubuntu.com mail ?09:52
_StefanS__marseillais: nope, how do I get it?09:52
_marseillaisif i've well understand it should come alone09:52
Jucato_StefanS_: er...09:52
Jucatoyou didn't get a cloak yet even...09:52
_marseillaisbut nothing yet09:52
_StefanS_Jucato: right..09:52
Jucatoyou have to join the LP team first09:52
Jucatothen the email comes about 24 hours later or less09:53
_StefanS_Jucato: hmm didn't know that09:53
Jucatomore or less09:53
_StefanS_got a link for the launchpad team?09:53
_marseillaisJucato, wich lp team?09:53
_marseillaisJucato, i'm in this team since more than a week now09:54
Lure__marseillais: did you try to send to <nick>@ubuntu.com?09:55
_StefanS_Jucato: I'm already member of kubuntu-team->ubuntu-team, isn't that enough09:55
Lure__marseillais: it just worked for me09:55
Jucatooh yeah, you don't get  any notification.09:55
Jucato_StefanS_: I don't think so. you need to be part of ubuntumembers, which you are automatically joined to if you join kubuntu-members09:56
=== Lure_ is now known as Lure
_StefanS_Jucato: well thats what I meant :)09:56
_StefanS_great, now my providers smtp is down09:57
Jucatoer... kubuntu-members is different from kubuntu-team :)09:57
_marseillaisi'm stupid09:57
Jucatohm... but who do you poke now for the cloak, now that Seveas is gone? :/09:58
_marseillaisi was trying marseillai@ubuntu.com09:58
_marseillaiscould someone poke me at cyrilb856@ubuntu.com ???09:58
_StefanS_Jucato: seems like kubuntu-members makes you indirect of kubuntu-team09:58
_StefanS__marseillais: I'll try09:58
_StefanS__marseillais: sent it09:58
Jucato_StefanS_: I guess so... the whole hierarchy of LP teams still has me confused09:59
_StefanS_Jucato: yes... someone has over structured the lp pages I think..09:59
_StefanS_hey the email works09:59
Jucatothere's kubuntu-users, kubuntu-team, kubuntu-members, and-god-knows-what-other-kubuntu-teams09:59
_StefanS__marseillais: got yours also09:59
_marseillais:) thx Lure and _StefanS_09:59
Jucatonow all you need is the cloak :)10:00
Jucatomaybe nalioth is the guy to poke for this now10:00
_StefanS_Jucato: maybe you should just join [a-z] ubuntu-.* ?10:00
Jucato[a-z] buntu* actually10:00
Jucato(ubuntumembers doesn't have a '-')10:00
_StefanS_Jucato: [a-z] ubuntu.*10:00
Jucatoah ok :)10:01
_StefanS_Jucato: dont you know your regexes ;)10:01
Jucatomy regex sucks :)10:01
_StefanS_. all chars10:01
Jucatoduh! obviously :P10:01
_StefanS_Jucato: are you getting somewhere in the c++ world?10:01
Jucatoyeah. progressing quite a bit. decided to skip recursion for a later day/week/month/year :P10:01
Jucatogetting a bit deeper into classes now10:02
_StefanS_sounds good..10:02
_StefanS_I sort of reading on the subclassing stuff10:02
Jucatothis book seems to have an obsession with const...10:02
Jucatoconst int * cont ptr.... const on almost everything that can be const'ed10:03
_StefanS_uhm ok.. didn't really notice anything like that in my book(s)10:05
Jucatoheh :)10:06
Jucatoyeah this book emphasizes on "principle of least privilege" as a good software engineering practice...10:06
Jucatomaybe I'm just new... but seeing const on almost every line in a class definition seems quite.. um... funny :)10:06
_StefanS_just ignore it :) - the whole of c++ is alot about structure that tends to be the same all the time10:07
_StefanS_like java...10:07
JucatoI didn't see much const's in KDE code.. so yeah, might put it in the backburner for a while10:08
_marseillaissecond question10:11
_marseillaiswho has time to revu my katchtv package?10:11
=== Jucato prepares for the 2nd round
_marseillaisJucato, http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5494 :p10:12
Jucatoah ok.. can't help there :P10:13
=== Jucato points _marseillais to Lure or someone else :)
Lure_marseillais: sorry no time today (probably until weekend... :-(10:14
Jucatoaw... :/10:14
=== Nightrose [n=lydia@port-87-234-150-228.dynamic.qsc.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
_StefanS_Tonio_: show me the money!!!10:42
Tonio_yo !10:43
Tonio_okay let's go with the patches10:43
Tonio_I have penty of patches to upload :)10:43
=== _marseillais is now known as marseillai
_StefanS_Tonio_: sounds good ? What is it?11:04
Tonio_ark, fixes several bugs11:07
Tonio_kdebase, correct the usplash on shutdown11:07
Tonio_a few changes in kds structure11:08
Tonio_and other things11:08
Tonio_and I have to make a point on kdesudo11:08
Tonio_fdoving: I'll check the status of umountwrapper11:08
Tonio_but first I'm switching to gtsy11:08
Tonio_pray for me :)11:08
Tonio_Riddell: I'll work on dolphin today too :)11:09
Tonio_Riddell: thanks for the MIR that'll help11:09
Tonio_also I'll have internet at home within a week, so I'll be finally active for the end of the dev cycle11:10
=== jjesse_ [n=jjesse@72-255-23-237.client.stsn.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
_StefanS_Tonio_: http://beta1.suse.com/private/hschaa/knetworkmanager/11:28
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has left #kubuntu-devel ["Ex-Chat"]
Tonio__StefanS_: grat !11:33
Tonio_pffffffff lots of work today :)11:34
_StefanS_if the rc is without bugs, it will be released very soon11:34
Tonio_I also have to work on dolphin :)11:34
Tonio__StefanS_: I'll work on the packaging today :)11:34
_StefanS_sweet :)11:34
_StefanS_Tonio_: hows networkmanager 0.6.5 coming for gutsy?11:35
_StefanS_Tonio_: cause it wont work without it :)11:35
Tonio__StefanS_: I'll check ;)11:36
Tonio_finished the update, rebooting........ pray for me :)11:37
=== root__ [n=root@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
root__anyone there ?12:04
=== root__ is now known as Tonio--
Tonio--I just switched to gutsy and there is a HUDGE problem with xorg :)12:05
Riddelltsk tsk12:05
Tonio--no way to detect my screen, with fglrx, ati or even vesa driver....12:05
Tonio--I need someone to please download the latest radeon drier on ati and send it to me12:05
Tonio--the form to download doesn't work on link or elinks12:06
Riddellwhere would someone find that?12:06
Tonio--hey Riddell ;)12:06
Tonio--Riddell: planning to work on dolphin today, as long as I can get my macbook to work as expected12:06
Riddell"   ATI Proprietary Linux x86 Display Driver 8.37.6"?12:06
Tonio--the fglrc driver complains the xorg version which changed to 7.1 to 1.3, I guess that's my issue in fact12:07
Tonio--Riddell: not sure of the version, but that's probably the one yes :)12:07
Riddellerk, 50MB12:07
Tonio--I know.......... :)12:07
Tonio--Riddell: I can wget if you give me the direct url12:08
sebasTonio--: Use vesa :)12:08
Tonio--hum, irssi can be pretty usefull in some cases :)12:08
Tonio--sebas: doesn't work......12:08
Tonio--sebas: that's why I'm a bt affraid12:08
Tonio--sebas:neither vesa, nore ati drivers do work12:08
Tonio--ati complains there is no screen found12:08
Tonio--vesa complain there is a screen, but no conf usable12:09
sebasTonio--: Move your conf out of the way and see if Xorg understands it12:09
sebasIt might just work :-)12:09
Tonio--sebas: move the conf ?12:09
sebasAutodetection stuff should be vastly improved in xorg12:09
Tonio--delete and start without xorg.conf ?12:09
sebasYes, start xorg without config file12:10
Tonio--interesting, testing12:10
Tonio--fatal error, no screens found12:10
RiddellDVDs oversixed by 400MB12:13
Tonio--sebas: will test with the latest fglrx, but I'm affraid the problem is just that xorg can't see my screen for some reason12:13
Tonio--sebas: even the screen detection on dpgk-reconfigure says it fails12:13
sebasYeah, just wait two years for fglrx to support Xorg 7.312:13
sebasHm, sure it's a fglrx problem?12:13
Tonio--sebas: how to do in between ? ;)12:14
Riddelldon't worry, AMD will have made it free software by then12:14
sebasirssi, elinks and so on12:14
Tonio--sebas: and why doesn't it work with vesa or ati then ?12:14
sebasRiddell: hehehe :D12:14
=== hunger read about free drivers for the R500 chips from ATI.
sebasI've talked to Chris Schla:ger (KDE guy, works for that division of AMD): "Dream on"12:14
Tonio--I don't mind not having fglrx, just a working driver12:15
=== sebas too.
Tonio--sebas: is gutsy/7.3/ati or vesa supposed to work ?12:15
sebasCompositing support would be nice, powermanagement support mandatory.12:15
sebasvesa should work I think.12:15
hungersebas: And it should not crash when switching from X to a console and back... the proprietary drivers do that a lot here.12:16
sebashunger: Yeah, but that's a feature, let's first get the driver stable ;-)12:16
=== haggai [n=halls@credativ.bcnadsl.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== pochu [n=emilio@ubuntu/member/pochu] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio--I just saw that new macbook pros have nvidia :/12:22
Tonio--sebas: frustrating12:22
=== pochu [n=emilio@ubuntu/member/pochu] has left #kubuntu-devel []
sebasTonio--: Hmm12:24
sebasI can't say anything more than "ATI sucks"12:24
Riddelldoes nvidia not?12:25
Tonio--sebas: yeah, works with the latest ati hehe12:26
Tonio--sebas: bad thing, vesa and ati are failing....12:26
mhbRiddell: how hard is it to code a dialog offering to download non-free codecs, like Amarok has?12:26
Riddellmhb: not hard, see /usr/lib/amarok/install-mp312:27
mhbRiddell: people want that in other places, too... k3b, kaffeine, etc.12:27
Riddellah well, the hard part is the application knowing when and what to download12:27
mhbRiddell: also, for some reason, FLAC audio does not work out-of-the-box12:27
mhbRiddell: cant we guess that from the suffix, if there is no better solution?12:28
Riddellmaybe, but it's an upstream issue12:29
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Riddelloh good, Tonio_ has stopped using irc as root :)12:29
Tonio_ahhhhhhhhhhh that's better :)12:29
Tonio_Riddell: haha :)12:29
Tonio_okay so I'm back in the effort, let's move on !!!!!!!12:30
mhbRiddell: somehow upstream could say codec distributing is the distributions issue12:30
=== mhb shuts up
Riddellmhb: but detecting that codec X isn't available and asking for it to be installed is part of the application12:34
Riddellinstalling it is distro specific of course12:35
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Tonio_ rebooting to finish the installation and works...
Tonio_Riddell: thanks a lot for the link, that helped12:36
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_Riddell: upgrade broke my kdmrc file, I get the userlist now12:46
Tonio_Riddell: is that a known problem ?12:46
Tonio_Riddell: hum, looks like we need to explicitly hide the userlist in /etc/default/kdm.d/.......12:47
Riddellthe user list is ment to be there12:48
Tonio_Riddell: hu ?12:48
Tonio_well the theme isn't really compatible with this12:48
Tonio_Riddell: will that change ?12:48
Riddelllooks fine to me12:48
Tonio_Riddell: want a screenshot ?12:49
Riddellif you can do one12:49
Tonio_Riddell: depends the number of users you have :)12:49
Tonio_Riddell: let me try12:49
=== Mez [n=Mez@ubuntu/member/mez] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_Riddell: stop me if I'm wrong but we never had the userlist before right ?12:56
RiddellTonio_: that's right, it's a new feature in tribe 1, we've yet to decide if we want to keep it12:58
Tonio_Riddell: okay, but I don't understand how could that fit in the theme, as it depends the number of users12:58
Riddellthe box is a fixed size12:58
Tonio_okay so let me check ;)12:59
Tonio_I'm trying to recreate the issue in virtualbox12:59
Tonio_hum that's not what I get at all :)01:00
Tonio_Riddell: maybe we should consider fixing the dpi on the kdm dialog then01:00
Riddellfdoving: how's your swedish?01:02
Riddellfdoving: what do you make of this? http://kubuntu-se.info01:02
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_Riddell: okay so in fact my problem is just a problem with the font size on kdm01:11
Tonio_maybe we should reduce it a bit fo languages that have long words01:11
Tonio_in fact the username and password fields are going over the "return" image01:11
=== xerosis [n=kieran@cpc2-shep5-0-0-cust722.lei3.cable.ntl.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
hungerTonio_: DPI on kdm seem fine to me...01:16
Riddellit all depends on your monitor01:16
hungerTonio_: At least since I added a DisplaySize stanza to my xorg.conf:-)01:16
Riddellor that01:17
hungerWithout that kdm is the only qt-based app that has *not* changed its font sizes in gutsy.01:17
hungerFonts seem to switch between to big and too small at least once per ubuntu-release:-(01:18
Tonio_Riddell: yeah but we need to find something working on most machines01:18
Tonio_Riddell: in case of french language, with the size of the userlist, you won't get something nice except with very, very small fonts.......01:18
Tonio_Riddell: the cause is more the long words than the dpi in fact01:19
Tonio_Riddell: username = nom d'utilisateur01:19
Tonio_password = mot de passe01:19
Tonio_here is the issue01:20
RiddellTonio_: did you set kdm to french automatically?01:20
=== haggai [n=halls@credativ.bcnadsl.com] has left #kubuntu-devel []
Riddellor how did kdm get set to french?01:21
Tonio_Riddell: hum, dunno, it was automatically in french for me :)01:21
Tonio_lemme check....01:21
hungerTonio_: You could remove the user list again... it is ugly anyway.01:21
Tonio_Riddell: this isn't something I did myself to be honnest, or I can't remember when01:22
Tonio_hunger: yeah.........; I'm not fine with this idea01:22
Tonio_hunger: also lots of softwares are creating users that are not defined as system accounts, like vmware01:22
Tonio_hunger: the result is just a bloated list in fact01:22
hungerTonio_: I have about 30 users in that list. It is a big PITA for me.01:23
Tonio_Riddell: nothing in kdmrc for me01:23
RiddellTonio_: interesting, I wonder if ubiquity does it for you01:23
Tonio_Riddell: kdm is just translated nativelly here01:23
RiddellTonio_: grep Language= /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc  ?01:23
Tonio_Riddell: I never use ubiquity, always text install01:23
Tonio_Riddell: no language set01:24
Riddellmaybe KDM has learned to use the system language01:24
Tonio_possibly, indeed01:24
Riddellanyway, we can make the box wider if the text labels don't fit01:24
Tonio_Riddell: but that creates an issue with the theme01:24
Tonio_Riddell: another option indeed01:24
Tonio_Riddell: in fact the point  would probably just to change the "return" button position01:25
Tonio_more on the right01:25
Tonio_sad the position can't be relative to the form fields01:25
hungerRiddell: Making the box wider depending on the text is a good idea.01:25
hungerRiddell: My display has 132dpi... which makes the fonts render bigger than the theme authors assumed they will ever become.01:26
Tonio_Riddell: I'm investigating concerning the kdm translated01:26
hungerbigger as in "using more pixels"01:26
Tonio_Riddell: btw isn't there a way to in kds in postinst read the system lang and echo it in /etc/default/kdm.d ?01:27
Tonio_Riddell: to be honnest, my macbook is the only machine ever that I've seen using a translated kdm01:28
Tonio_all other machines don't, and I don't know how that happened...01:28
Tonio_Riddell: reading the system language shouldn't be hard in my opinion01:28
RiddellTonio_: I've got a casper bug open for that01:29
Riddellbut maybe KDM in 3.5.7 has learnt about the system language01:30
Tonio_Riddell: I had the translation before 3.5.701:30
Tonio_Riddell: I think with 3.5.501:30
Tonio_bt that's always been unique with my laptop :/01:30
Tonio_I had to force the laguage with 3.5.7 and the french parliament for example01:30
=== steveire [n=stephen@unaffiliated/steveire] has joined #kubuntu-devel
_StefanS_Tonio_: are you aiding the french parliament installing those kubuntus?  :)01:32
Tonio__StefanS_: the project is done in fact :)01:32
Tonio__StefanS_: I did all the desktop implementation, I've been engaged by the company doing this ;)01:33
_StefanS_Tonio_: I find it nice that kubuntu was chosen, it always seems to be ubuntu whenever that sort of thing is going on01:33
_StefanS_Tonio_: sounds like a great job :)01:33
Tonio__StefanS_: yep :)01:33
Tonio_except it didn't help me to contribute much for kubuntu in fact :)01:34
_StefanS_no it probably took up alot of your time01:34
Tonio_Riddell: the maintained dolphin branch is on kde svn ?01:35
Tonio__StefanS_: it did, pretty much01:35
Tonio__StefanS_: worked 80 hours last week for example01:35
_StefanS_Tonio_: do you know how to change the fonts in xterm btw, ?01:36
Tonio_70 hours the week before that01:36
_StefanS_Tonio_: eeks, hope you get paid well for it ;)01:36
Tonio__StefanS_: nope I don't use xterm01:36
Tonio__StefanS_: yep, the salary is good btw :)01:36
_StefanS_Tonio_: it uses those nasty -----font-x-sds (X fonts) layout01:36
_StefanS_sounds good :)01:36
steveireHi. I'm following these instructions: http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4. I was getting errors similar to this when I tried to run the assistant program: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=1550805&postcount=4. I've since run xhost + and now I can run assistant. Shouldn't there be something about xhost in the build page?01:36
RiddellTonio_: d3lphin?  I've no idea01:37
Tonio_that's the name of the branch ?01:37
Tonio_ho, it is a fork01:37
Tonio_still maintained over kde3, interesting01:38
Tonio_Riddell: in fact d3lphin is a fork of dolphin01:40
Tonio_Riddell: the point is we probably don't want a new package in the repos for this01:40
Tonio_Riddell: I'l looking at the diff so that we can patch dolphin to d3lphin01:40
steveireNo one? Is xhost the right way to solve that problem>01:41
RiddellTonio_: I agree on no new package01:42
Riddellsteveire: #kde4-devel a better place to ask01:42
steveireRiddell: OK.01:43
=== rouzic [n=rouzic@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== aplg [n=me@amarok/rokymotion/apachelogger] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== oslo [n=oslo@alf94-5-82-225-102-119.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_Riddell: confirmed, kdm is in english on the other machine........02:14
=== neversfelde [n=neversfe@nrbg-4db442c0.pool.einsundeins.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
RiddellTonio_: spooky02:14
Tonio_vert strange....... I'm trying to switch the language on my system, just to have a look02:14
=== xerosis [n=kieran@cpc2-shep5-0-0-cust722.lei3.cable.ntl.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== superstoned [n=supersto@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_Riddell: got it02:21
Tonio_Riddell: kdm reads /root/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals to get the Language02:21
Tonio_Riddell: ugly :)02:21
Tonio_Riddell: set the lang using kdesu kcontrol and that'll work02:21
Riddelland pretty daft02:21
Tonio_instead of looking at the system lang.......; stupid02:27
Riddellit shouldn't be hard to fix I'd guess02:27
Riddellcan't be that difficult to find the system language02:27
Tonio_Riddell: where does qt-language-support reads the installed lang ?02:29
Riddelldunno, I didn't write it :)02:32
=== _neversfelde [n=neversfe@nrbg-4db4428e.pool.einsundeins.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_Riddell: I'm looking at the code :)02:33
Tonio_Riddell: it remembers the choosen one, so there is obviously a way to read this :)02:33
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_Riddell: it gets the language from /etc/default/locale, looking at LANG02:38
Tonio_just gets rid of .UTF-8 and that's it02:38
Hobbseehiya all02:38
Hobbseehrm.  someone wants to interview me02:38
Tonio_hey Hobbsee :)02:39
Tonio_Riddell: can't we simply improve qt-language-selector to output a new file in /etc/kdm.d ?02:39
Tonio_Riddell: better than touching the file for upgrades :)02:40
Riddellwrong place02:41
Riddellwe should edit /etc/init.d/kdm02:41
Tonio_Riddell: /etc/default/kdm.d sorry :)02:41
Riddelladd it to the sed lines following genkdmconf02:42
=== Hobbsee curses exams and such
Riddellno need to set anything in /etc/init.d/kdm, it's already set in /etc/default/locale02:42
Tonio_Riddell: isn't that better to output a file in /etc/default/kdm.d ?02:44
Tonio_Riddell: touching a package installed file includes asking questions on upgrade02:44
Tonio_that's why I wold favor a 30-kdm-lang file outputed by a script that would set the language, no ?02:44
RiddellI don't see the point, it means editing casper, debian-installer and language-installer02:45
Riddelljust do it by default, using /etc/default/locale02:45
Tonio_that's what I mean02:45
Riddelland optionally have an option that can be set in /etc/init.d/kdm to not do it02:45
=== aplg is now known as apachelogger
Tonio_Riddell: I think you missunderstand me :)02:46
Tonio_I'm just talking about installing a little bash script in /etc/rcS.d02:46
Riddellwhatever for?02:47
Tonio_that script would run at system boot, reads the lang from /etc/default/locale, and outputs the setting in a /etc/default/kdm.d/30-kdm-lang file02:47
Tonio_so that the kdm lang is always sync with the system one02:47
Tonio_isn't that clean ?02:47
Tonio_can also be done via init.d/kdm btw02:47
=== superstoned [n=supersto@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Riddellwell you'd still need to edit /etc/init.d/kdm to support it02:48
Tonio_why ?02:48
Riddellbecause otherwise it won't support it02:48
Riddelllook at /etc/init.d/kdm in gutsy02:48
Riddellit uses genkdmconf to create a new temporary kdmrc and uses sed to edit it02:48
Riddelljust add another sed line to use /etc/default/locale02:49
Riddellscripts to echo /etc/default/locale to /etc/default/kdm.d is just another level of complexity02:49
Tonio_different opinions :)02:50
Tonio_in my opinion that more simple, but I see your point02:50
=== Jucato_ [n=jucato@ubuntu/member/Jucato] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_I mean, the /etc/init.d/kdm.d is easilly readable and figurable, more that hiding the feature deeply in initd/kdm02:51
Tonio_but that's just my opinion :)02:51
Hobbseehi Jucato02:52
Riddellit needs to go into /etc/init.d/kdm.d anyway, hiding the feature in /etc/rcS.d is nasty02:53
Tonio_Riddell: okay on that point02:55
Tonio_Riddell: but would you read and override the language directly from init.d/kdm and not write it /etc/default/kdm.d ?02:55
RiddellTonio_: even if it was in /etc/default/kdm.d, you would of course still need to read and override the language directly from init.d/kdm02:57
Tonio_Riddell: true02:57
JucatoHobbsee!!! (got disconnected :(02:57
Tonio_Riddell: the idea is just to make it visible somehow :)02:57
Tonio_Riddell: btw that /etc/defualt/kdm.d thing is very limited in fact02:58
Tonio_you can override any kdm setting with it.......02:58
Riddellonly if you edit init.d/kdm first02:58
Tonio_yep, that's what I see02:59
Tonio_Riddell: but would you read /etc/default/locale from init.d/kdm ?02:59
Tonio_hum okay let's try this02:59
Tonio_Riddell: and would you sed language directly or would you output it to a 30xxx file ?03:00
Riddelljust sed03:00
Tonio_hum okay03:00
Tonio_that wouldn't make it clear to the user where is the value read from :)03:00
Tonio_I would personally locate kdm and find the file03:01
Riddellneither does using a random script to output to /etc/default/kdm.d, that just adds further abstraction03:01
Tonio_that's why I'd like to output it in fact03:01
Tonio_Riddell: so what about that :03:01
Tonio_Riddell: reading from init.d/kdm, outputing to etc/default......., then read by kdm again with a sed rule as done for the previous settings03:02
Tonio_just to have the language the same way we hack the theme in fact03:02
Tonio_that's my point03:02
Riddellwhat's the point?  you'd end up with a config file which is overwritten every time kdm starts03:02
Tonio_hum, true that.........03:03
Tonio_okay let's forget this :)03:03
Tonio_Riddell: I'm working on fixing this03:03
Riddella file in /etc/default/kdm.d with a value of UseSystemLocale=true (or false) would work03:03
Riddellthen check for that and if it's true read from /etc/default/locale03:04
RiddellTonio_: did you look at apachelogger's stuff about konqueror.rc files at all?03:07
Tonio_not yet, but I plan too03:08
Tonio_Riddell: why not simple looking at the LAND env variable ?03:08
RiddellI don't know if LANG is always set03:08
Tonio_Riddell: should be :)03:09
Tonio_well I'll try that way and read from etc/default if it doesn't work03:09
Riddellif it's set, seems sensible enough to use03:09
Hobbseemhb: see kubuntu-restricted-extras03:13
HobbseeJucato: cloaks for irc are completely separate to the email thing03:25
JucatoHobbsee: yeah. but Seveas took a leave of absence, so I was wondering who marseillai and _StefanS_ should poke for it03:25
HobbseeJucato: someone on the impending irc ops council03:25
HobbseeJucato: then they can authorise a staffer to do it03:26
Hobbseelast i checked03:26
Hobbseeemail is a LP thing, iirc03:26
Jucatoah ok03:26
Hobbseewell, canonical, not community03:26
Jucatoyeah they got their e-mails :)03:26
marseillaiJucato, for email ?03:26
Hobbseeneither is cloaking automatic03:26
=== Hobbsee pings them
JucatoI thought the e-mail was automatic? oh well..03:26
=== Hobbsee is probably still regarded as being on the council enough
Hobbseesorry, emial is automatic - cloaking is not03:27
Hobbseeas not everyone with memberships wants a cloak03:27
HobbseeJucato: you forgot kubuntu-council in your kubuntu teams :P03:30
Jucatohahah yeah sorry :P03:31
JucatoI was reciting from memory my own teams...03:31
Jucatoand since I'm not in the council... hehehe03:31
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_Riddell: little problem03:37
Tonio_Riddell: kdmrc doesn't support fr_FR for example03:37
Tonio_Riddell: it uses the output of $LC_LANG03:37
Tonio_should be "fr" in my case03:37
Tonio_but that doesn't exist in ubuntu03:37
Tonio_I can split from $LANG, but how to be sure that'll work for any language ?03:38
RiddellI don't have LC_LANG set03:39
Riddellif it just uses the two letter language code then use that03:39
HobbseeJucato: _StefanS_: and marseillai  it was?03:41
Tonio_Riddell: for english it uses 5 letters langs :)03:41
Tonio_en_US or en_GB for example03:41
Tonio_I'm just surprised this is different for french03:42
Riddellhow complex03:42
Tonio_I guess the kcontrol very old bug is the same, I just looked and it seems it needs fr and not fr_FR03:43
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_Riddell: hum, the kcontrol bug is different, kdm works with fr_FR03:54
Tonio_but not kcontrol within kdeglobal :)03:54
Tonio_stupidly complicated03:54
manchickenwuddup Tonio_?04:04
manchickenDid you see the baby pictures?04:04
Tonio_hey ;)04:09
Tonio_manchicken: url please ?04:09
Tonio_Riddell: [ -n "$USESYSTEMLANG" ]  && sed -i "s|^#\?Language=.*|Language=`echo $LANG | awk 'BEGIN { FS = "." } { print $1 }'`|" $KDMCFG04:12
Tonio_Riddell: works04:12
fdovingRiddell: kubuntu-se.info looks good, not high-traffic though.04:12
Tonio_manchicken: just magic :)04:12
manchickenTonio_: Isn't it?04:12
apacheloggerRiddell: no idea why I used autotools.mk ... shall upload changed version now, or with next upstream release?04:12
Tonio_manchicken: definitly yes :)04:12
manchickenTonio_: We're very excited.04:13
manchickenWe've got about 30 weeks to go though.04:13
Tonio_be patient....04:13
manchickenPatience isn't one of my strong points.04:13
Tonio_I have to reboot for a test, seya in 2 minutes :)04:13
Tonio_manchicken: lol04:13
Riddellapachelogger: too late, I've uploaded to archive already :)04:15
Riddellapachelogger: just change it with next upstream release04:15
apacheloggerok, thanks for uploading :)04:15
Riddellryanakca: don't forget aoeui04:15
fdovingRiddell: at kubuntu-se.info they write "We have started a Swedish forum for Kubuntu. At this time there are no other Swedish Kubuntu forums. We shall give you all the help you need. There is also Ubuntu-Se, with alot of activity."04:16
Riddellnixternal: able to change todays devel meeting from 16:00 to 15:00?04:17
=== _superstoned [n=supersto@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== DaSkreech [n=skreech@katapult/ninja/daskreech] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_someone to help me please :)04:42
Tonio_what is the -n test in scripts04:42
Riddellman test04:42
Tonio_"is defined" or "is true" ?04:42
Riddell       -n STRING04:42
Riddell              the length of STRING is nonzero04:42
Tonio_Riddell: hum, I should change the test then04:42
Tonio_Riddell: you were right, $LANG isn't defined :)04:43
nixternalRiddell: sure04:44
nixternal15:00 is the new meeting time04:45
Riddellnixternal: and change that for any future meetings04:45
nixternalroger dodger04:46
Riddellweekly devel team04:47
=== TheInfinity [n=TheInfin@p508F1792.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Riddellall welcome of course04:55
HobbseeRiddell: sure?05:02
RiddellHobbsee: of what?05:02
HobbseeRiddell: that we're all welcome05:03
Riddellof course, everyone with specs is encouraged to come05:03
fdovingTonio_: ping, did you check up on kio-umountwrapper?05:04
Tonio_fdoving: not yet, but will do today, don't mind :)05:05
=== ScottK-laptop [n=kitterma@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== rbrunhuber [n=Miranda@highway.mvi.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_crimsun: ping ?05:20
Tonio_Riddell: I'm uploading kdebase and kds to get kdm set to the system lang05:21
RiddellTonio_: why k-d-s?05:23
Tonio_Riddell: to change the 2_kubuntu-default-settings file05:24
Tonio_Riddell: adding the new parameter set to true05:24
RiddellHobbsee: any idea what bug 44778 is all about?  it doesn't say where 'Launch pager' is05:27
ubotuLaunchpad bug 44778 in kubuntu-meta "kpager: 'Launch pager' seems to do nothing" [Low,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/4477805:27
HobbseeRiddell: it's in kpager, we just dont install it by default05:27
fdovingRiddell: rightclick on the desktop-selector-applet -> launch pager05:29
RiddellI see it now05:30
Riddellalthough I don't see why the bug should be milestoned for tribe-205:30
Hobbseebecause i didnt want to forget it, and figured i'd be doing seed-stuff anyway05:30
=== bddebian [n=bdefrees@c-71-224-172-103.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
nixternalHobbsee: if you get a chance, take a look at the kftpgrabber merge...I have requested a sync on it, but there seems to have been edits done to it that were never documented in the changelog..A sync will work, but just need some clarification if possible05:31
Hobbseenixternal: can you email me about it?05:32
nixternalI don't know, can i? :)05:32
fdovingwhat is milestoing for anyway? - bugs with solutions posted can't just lay around launchpad and wait for someone to pick them up, i milestone to get them in.05:32
Hobbseenixternal: my head's killing enough that i probably wont remember to look in the morning05:32
nixternalsure, will do now05:32
Hobbseefdoving: subscribe ubuntu-[universe,main] -sponsors as applicable, or poke us05:32
fdovingHobbsee: i'll keep milestoning, it works much better.  j/k :)05:33
Hobbseehi bddebian05:33
bddebianHi Hobbsee05:33
=== oslo_ [n=oslo@alf94-5-82-225-102-119.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Hobbseenixternal: thanks05:36
=== _neversfelde [n=neversfe@nrbg-4db44138.pool.einsundeins.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
xerosisthe latest gutsy updates are asking for one of my ssh shares password in the embedded console :/05:39
Riddelldoes it say which package is doing that?05:39
xerosisit's at the start of preconfiguring so it doesn't say which05:40
xerosisPseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal. << that line is before it though05:40
=== rbrunhuber [n=Miranda@highway.mvi.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_fdoving: kio-umountwrapper should be accepted today05:56
=== rbrunhuber [n=rbrunhub@highway.mvi.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== vprints [n=laur@213-35-242-121-dsl.end.estpak.ee] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== meven [n=meven@ARennes-357-1-145-122.w90-25.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #kubuntu-devel
HobbseeRiddell: were you planning to package the new amarok yourself?06:03
Tonio_Riddell: working on dolphin06:04
fdovingTonio_: thanks :)06:05
RiddellHobbsee: I'm planning to make sure it gets packaged06:07
Riddellif someone else wants to do that, it's all good06:07
=== BentJ [n=BentJ@port46.ds1-esp.adsl.cybercity.dk] has joined #kubuntu-devel
HobbseeRiddell: right06:10
xerosisRiddell: it was wvdial06:10
=== Hobbsee has various bugs assigned to her about doing it - was planning to either do it, or poke someone to
Riddellxerosis: what was?06:11
xerosisRiddell: that was asking for an ssh password06:11
Riddellerr, why would it need that?06:12
xerosisRiddell: no idea, i'll file a bug06:12
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Riddellhi freeflying, I heard you bumped in to sladen06:23
freeflyingRiddell: yes06:24
freeflyingRiddell: he has given a presentation06:25
=== jonasp [i=jonas@i59F7037D.versanet.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Riddellfreeflying: did he wear his kubuntu t-shirt?06:28
freeflyingRiddell: a debian's and ubuntu's06:29
=== apachelogger [n=me@M3117P021.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== xerosis_ [n=kieran@cpc2-shep5-0-0-cust722.lei3.cable.ntl.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
freeflyingRiddell: sladen told me you have free kubuntu t-shirt? :)06:38
Riddellto exhibitors yes06:38
freeflyinghow about our monthly lug meeting? :)06:39
Riddellxerosis_: bug 120427, what makes you think they come from konqueror?06:40
ubotuLaunchpad bug 120427 in kdebase "[Gutsy]  Konqueror ldconfig errors" [Undecided,Rejected]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12042706:40
Riddellfreeflying: if you're doing a talk I probably could, would need to check with canonical06:41
manchickenAre we gonna be moving to Amarok2 any time soon?06:41
Riddellmanchicken: not before its released06:41
freeflyingRiddell: uhmm, np, I can arrange one for kubuntu and kde06:41
Riddellfreeflying: which lug is it?06:42
freeflyingRiddell: www.beijinglug.org06:43
crimsunTonio_: pong06:45
Tonio_crimsun: hi !06:46
Tonio_crimsun: I just noticed that on gutsy the patch you did for the macbook pro seems to be gone06:47
Tonio_crimsun: concerning the sound, sorry :)06:47
Tonio_crimsun: is that wanted or not ?06:47
crimsunyes, we're trying to figure out how to best handle all these variants06:47
crimsunI didn't submit it, because it's not the best way to handle it06:47
Tonio_crimsun: okay, so that's in the work06:47
=== kwwii [n=kwwii@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
crimsunyes, it's on my radar if that's what you were asking06:47
Tonio_crimsun: that's the response I was waiting for :)06:48
Tonio_crimsun: thanks06:49
Tonio_Riddell: looks like a lot of work to get dolphin correctly integrated06:49
Tonio_Riddell: the missing compatibility with ark and konqueror plugins is a pain.....06:50
Riddellapachelogger: that should be all your packages on revu with a comment on them06:54
=== lnxkde [n=lnxkde@adsl-72-50-48-230.prtc.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
apacheloggerRiddell: hehe, thanks :D06:54
=== nosrednaekim [n=michael@05-093.200.popsite.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
apacheloggerRiddell: projectm (visualisation used in amarok didn't got a comment :)06:55
Riddellapachelogger: it already has two06:56
=== nosrednaekim [n=michael@05-093.200.popsite.net] has left #kubuntu-devel []
=== nosrednaekim [n=michael@05-093.200.popsite.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
apacheloggerRiddell: pretty old version that is06:57
=== superstoned_ [n=supersto@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== gentoofan23 [n=thomas@05-093.200.popsite.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== meven [n=meven@ARennes-357-1-34-126.w90-1.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #kubuntu-devel
NightroseRiddell: thx for review07:25
NightroseI'll change the stuff you mentioned soon07:25
Nightroseand about the .svn-directory - I was told that changing the original tar.rz is bad - but if you want me to delete it no problem07:30
RiddellNightrose: different people have different opinions.  I'd rather tidy upstreams bad tar files, others want not to touch them at all07:32
RiddellNightrose: although if you do change the .orig file, make sure to document that in the changelog07:32
Nightrose;-) jea - I didn't like it either - but...07:32
Nightroseok will do07:32
=== Arby [n=richard@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
xerosis_Riddell: sorry, still learning :)07:43
=== allee [n=ach@lapex-mcallee.mpe.mpg.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== oslo [n=oslo@alf94-5-82-225-102-119.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== gentoofan23 [n=thomas@05-093.200.popsite.net] has left #kubuntu-devel []
=== glatzor [n=sebi@p5496619E.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== marseillai [n=mars@ubuntu/member/marseillai] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== mbiebl [n=michael@e180074083.adsl.alicedsl.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== meven_ [n=meven@ARennes-357-1-119-221.w90-12.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #kubuntu-devel
meven_i am trying to build it but can't and in techbase it is not precise about it08:27
sebas"it" is a bit unclear to me.08:27
Tm_Tsebas: you know, it08:28
sebasSo what's unclear in techbase?08:28
=== |TheInfinity| [n=TheInfin@p508F21DF.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
meven_i think my first message did not arrived08:28
meven_about kde4 where is located the makeobj program08:28
RiddellI fine the techbase tutorial hard to follow (have to create a new user, large edits to .bashrc)08:28
Tm_Tit is bit tricky yes08:29
meven_is there any other then08:29
sebasOnce you get the hang of it, it's easy ;-)08:29
meven_easy to say for you :P08:29
sebasmeven_: At which step are you?08:30
meven_so anyone has a clue just about the cmakeobj command first i tried the tutorial i didn't have this problem08:30
meven_building dbus08:30
sebasYou can install dbus packages, you know?08:31
fdovingyou don't need to build dbus and cmake08:31
meven_i a hava the alias make=makeobj08:31
sebasWorks well on feisty08:31
Riddellmeven_: it's in here http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Increased_Productivity_in_KDE4_with_Scripts/.bashrc08:31
fdovingi guess techbase is wrong on the qt and kubuntu part.08:31
fdovingyou need qt-copy svn.08:31
meven_but later i will have to use makeobj ?08:31
fdovingoh, they have a note about it now. then it's all fine.08:31
RiddellI don't use that bashrc myself, I just use make08:32
fdovingmeven_: makeobj is in the 'kdesdk-scripts' package.08:32
fdovingRiddell: cs and cb are nice aliases/functions.08:32
sebasRiddell: This is aliasing make to makeobj, not the other way round08:32
Riddell"If you don't have makeobj, install the package named kdesdk-scripts"08:33
sebasRight :)08:33
meven_ok  thX08:33
=== sebas was just updating apt-file
=== fdoving is using dlocate
=== sebas [i=sebas@belphegor.deadlysins.nl] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== IppatsuManXYZ [n=kvirc@213-140-19-123.fastres.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Daskreech2 [n=skreech@port0188-acb-adsl.cwjamaica.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== TheInfinity [n=TheInfin@p508F21DF.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== neversfelde [n=neversfe@nrbg-4db44138.pool.einsundeins.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Arby_ [n=richard@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== stdin [i=stdin@unaffiliated/binary2k2] has joined #kubuntu-devel
marseillaiwich player is install by default in kubuntu to play embedded video in konqueror ?09:07
Riddellwhich version of kubuntu?09:08
Riddellkmplayer in feisty, kaffeine in gutsy09:11
=== bonbonthejon [n=chatzill@kentucky.car-part.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== nosrednaekim [n=michael@05-093.200.popsite.net] has left #kubuntu-devel []
bonbonthejonwhy is kicker restarting/redrawing every so often in gutsy09:13
_StefanS_bonbonthejon: I think thats a common kde3 problem.. related to qt3 I was told by someone09:13
_StefanS_bonbonthejon: something about the nature of (re)drawing widgets09:13
bonbonthejonaye, I wasn't worried, just wanted to know if that was a common event09:14
marseillaithanks Riddell so kaffeine is my answer09:14
_StefanS_bonbonthejon: it is common, but it seems like some tray icons upset the kicker more than others (probably forcing some redrawing events)09:15
_StefanS_Tonio_: hey I just figured out I have to patch kdelibs/kpassdlg to make wtype_popup available for KpasswordDialog (shouldn't be too difficult), but the popup window is required for the fade to work, and make the window visible09:17
=== vprints [n=laur@213-35-238-145-dsl.end.estpak.ee] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== n8k99 [n=n8k99@dsl254-078-190.nyc1.dsl.speakeasy.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Starting logfile irclogs/kubuntu-devel.log
=== ubuntulog [i=ubuntulo@ubuntu/bot/ubuntulog] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Topic for #kubuntu-devel: Welcome to #kubuntu-devel | Merge! http://merges.ubuntu.com | Bugs! https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-team/+packagebugs | Tribe 1 released!
=== Topic (#kubuntu-devel): set by Hobbsee at Thu Jun 7 16:18:04 2007
=== neversfelde|mobi [n=neversfe@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Arby_ [n=richard@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Arby_ [n=richard@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Arby_ is now known as Arby
=== marseillai_ [n=mars@AMarseille-156-1-65-142.w90-28.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== |TheInfinity| [n=TheInfin@p508F00E3.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== poningru` [n=poningru@ip72-196-112-63.ga.at.cox.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
crimsunman, Glade is uh, weird after working with Qt Designer11:32
=== nosrednaekim [n=michael@05-057.200.popsite.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== nosrednaekim [n=michael@05-057.200.popsite.net] has left #kubuntu-devel []
=== jjesse_ [n=jjesse@72-255-23-237.client.stsn.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!