=== Vorbote [n=vorbote@unaffiliated/vorbote] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Bassetts [n=jason@5ac2ddbb.bb.sky.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Bassettsare some of the repos down?12:30
FujitsuBassetts: Which in particular.y12:31
whiteFujitsu: good morning :)12:31
Bassettslet me see12:32
Bassettshttp://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/feisty-security/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz: Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)12:32
Bassettshttp://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/feisty/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz: Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)12:32
=== stratus [n=stratus@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
BassettsFujitsu: are they down if i get that message?12:35
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mwolson [i=mwolson@jpi-wlafyte-212-116.dmisinetworks.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
FujitsuOh, hi white. irssi is nicely not notifying me on pings any more.12:38
FujitsuBassetts: It could be a problem on your end, but I'll try it from here.12:38
Bassettssomeone in #ubuntu said they have been having trouble getting packages12:39
FujitsuWorks fine for me, so most probably your end.12:39
=== apachelogger [n=me@N892P000.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-motu
BassettsFujitsu: what do I need to do?12:40
FujitsuBassetts: Check that there are no proxies between you and it that are doing stupid things, or perhaps try again later.12:40
=== stratus [n=stratus@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mok0 [n=mok@56346690.rev.stofanet.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
BassettsFujitsu: I have not setup no proxies12:41
BassettsFujitsu: could it be a connection from one of my ISPs servers that is not getting a connection to the repo12:42
FujitsuIt's hard to say... Probably best to wait a couple of hours and try again.12:43
Bassettsit works in firefox12:43
Bassettsi can go to http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/feisty-security/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz and it shows the file12:44
BassettsFujitsu: could I not download the Packages.gz files in firefox and put them wherever they should go?12:45
=== Bassetts_ [n=jason@5ac7bc3c.bb.sky.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Bassetts_Fujitsu: I just realised, its a gzip error12:54
Bassetts_"sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)"12:54
Bassetts_a status of 1 in gzip means there was an error12:55
Kmosi need someone to review this01:00
Bassetts_the Packages.gz seems to be broken on two repos01:01
Bassetts_and http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/feisty-security/main/binary-i386/01:01
KmosBassetts_: try another repo01:01
Bassetts_gzip: Desktop/Packages.gz: unexpected end of file01:01
ajmitchusually it's just a transparent proxy breaking the world, again01:03
Bassetts_I changed it to main server in synaptic and it all works fine01:03
Bassetts_ajmitch: ??01:03
ajmitchblame your ISP01:03
Bassetts_they seem to be sucking this month01:03
Bassetts_so for now am I ok using the main server?01:03
Bassetts_then trying the UK server later01:04
ajmitchshould be01:04
Bassetts_that delayed me a good 45 mins01:05
=== jml_ [n=jml@203-113-250-169-static.TAS.netspace.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has joined #ubuntu-motu
pochuKmos: you appear here in a private! :) http://daniel.holba.ch/pics/pitti-virtual-desktop.png01:31
Kmospochu: hehe.. nice :D01:32
Kmosthat's a daily screenshot :P01:32
=== cypherbios [n=cypher@ubuntu/member/cypherbios] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== leonel [n=leonel@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== morphir_ [n=morphir@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mok0 [n=mok@56346690.rev.stofanet.dk] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== AndrewB [n=andy@freenode/helper/ubuntu.member.AndrewB] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== _czessi [n=Czessi@dslb-088-073-038-209.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== javier_galicia [n=Javier@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Czessi-m [n=czessi@tmo-098-1.customers.d1-online.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
blueyedI've created a debdiff by using a simple patch, but the debdiff includes changes in config.sub und config.guess.02:04
blueyedIs that ok or should I manually remove them from the debdiff?02:04
=== ceros [n=user@c-76-111-84-156.hsd1.va.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mok0 [n=mok@56346690.rev.stofanet.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
blueyedIf you know an answer to my question, please leave a comment at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/httptunnel/+bug/121458 - I'm off to bed.02:10
ubotuLaunchpad bug 121458 in httptunnel "[patch]  fix broken --stdin-stdout option that writes to stdin" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  02:10
TheMusoblueyed: I'll have a look at that, and update the package.02:13
TheMusoIs this for gutsy?02:13
blueyedyes, should be.02:13
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoblueyed: Ok thanks.02:13
=== zul_ [n=chuck@mail.edgewater.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Spec [n=nwheeler@ubuntu/member/spec] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoblueyed: Do you know if this is reported in Debian?02:19
TheMusoI'll have a look in a bit.02:19
=== joejaxx [i=joejaxx@fluxbuntu/founder/joejaxx] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoOk. There is a bug in Debian about it.02:22
joejaxxGood Evening All02:23
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoHey joejaxx.02:23
=== EliasAmaral [n=dark@unaffiliated/EliasAmaral] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== EliasAmaral [n=dark@unaffiliated/EliasAmaral] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Ex-Chat"]
=== fdoving_ [n=frode@edge.lnix.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsunScottK: will be in the metro area tomorrow evening/night.02:34
=== balarka [n=balarka@adsl-75-21-91-32.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jonh_wendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsuntime to Debianise this puppy02:39
StevenK... why?02:39
=== jwendell_ [n=wendell@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== StevenK is trying to un-Debianise some of his servers.
crimsunoh, I'm referring to packaging https://code.launchpad.net/~motu/asoundconf-ui/trunk02:40
=== Knightlust [n=Dax@ubuntu/member/knightlust] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKAh ha02:41
joejaxxcrimsun: :)02:43
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lfittl [n=lfittl@2001:6f8:107e:40:213:2ff:fe05:abdb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Bassetts [n=Bassetts@5ac7bc3c.bb.sky.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== superm1 [n=superm1@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #ubuntu-motu
leonelScottK:   http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=384190   03:01
LaserJockleonel: my goodness03:11
leonelLaserJock:  ??03:11
=== RAOF [n=Chris_@matht464.maths.unsw.edu.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockleonel: that forum thread03:15
ajmitchnow that you're core dev, are you going to blog about being "Beyond MOTU" & your experiences? ;)03:16
=== somerville32 [n=cody-som@ubuntu/member/somerville32] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFIf anyone on motumedia wants to check out bug #121476, I'd appreciate comments about the way I've done it.  Is this how you'd like such bugs to be filed/packaging changes to be made?03:21
ubotuLaunchpad bug 121476 in mplayer "Use Compiz' "video" plugin when available" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12147603:21
ajmitchjsgotangco: how's it going?03:22
jsgotangcoajmitch: not bad, just been busy sorting out last minute home details before i join the employed labour force again on monday03:23
LaserJockajmitch: hehe03:23
ajmitchjsgotangco: oh great, where are you working next?03:24
jsgotangcoajmitch: a firm mostly involved with development of Maven03:25
=== ajmitch doesn't know what maven is, so will just nod
ajmitchhttp://maven.apache.org/ ?03:26
jsgotangcojetty as well03:26
ajmitchgoogle wins03:26
ajmitchI hope it goes well for you03:27
jsgotangcosure do thanks03:27
ajmitchhm, looks to be about a 2-week delay on debian NEW at the moment03:29
ajmitchI guess I've got time to tidy & push packages03:29
LaserJockthat's pretty good03:31
ajmitchit feels wrong now to check stuff out with cvs03:36
ajmitchI don't have to do it often03:37
LaserJockwell, I replied to that ClamAV thread on the forums, I bet I get some good flames03:37
=== ajmitch grabs some popcorn
ajmitchah, you didn't mention that updating clamav to 0.90.x breaks about 15-20 related packages03:39
LaserJockI did say there were like 20 packages that depend on it03:39
LaserJockbut you can certainly add that03:39
ajmitchnot in Big Bold Letters03:39
ajmitchsomeone foaming at the mouth could easily miss that03:39
ajmitchso what was decided at the last motu meeting about it?03:40
ajmitchsince it was at about 1am here03:40
LaserJocklooking at the meeting minutes it looks like it was decided to continue working on it on the mailing list03:41
ajmitchyou weren't at the meeting either?03:42
ajmitchwhat, were you sleeping or something?03:43
LaserJockworking I imagine03:44
=== jml [n=jml@ppp121-44-217-19.lns1.hba1.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== _czessi [n=Czessi@dslb-088-073-030-217.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
tonyyarussoerr, slightly offtopic question for someone who's done kernel compiles:  Can I compile just a module that I need to add, not the whole kernel?04:05
RAOFYou should be able to, yes.04:05
RAOFModule-assistant does, and that doesn't even need the kernel source, just the headers.04:05
tonyyarussoHmm, I'll look into that.  Any howtos to get me started RAOF ?04:06
RAOFNot that I can think of, sorry.  Generally, you just build the module source, making sure your /usr/lib/modules/2.6.whatever/build symlink goes somewhere sane.04:07
RAOFOr are you trying to build a module included in the vanilla kernel source, that just hasn't been built for your current kernel?04:08
tonyyarussoRAOF: The latter.  It isn't included in Debian/Ubuntu b/c of licensing issues.04:08
RAOFWell, you could try changing the kernel config, going into the appropriate kernel source subdirectory, and "make"ing.04:09
RAOFAlternatively, if you've already built the kernel, you could try making it again without cleaning the already built stuff.04:09
RAOFBut that could have wierd effects.  As could just building the appropriate subdirectory, I suppose :)04:10
tonyyarussoI'd like to stay as close to a standard, auto-upgradeable Ubuntu kernel if possible.04:10
RAOFWell, your module isn't going to be auto-upgradeable no matter what you do.04:10
RAOFSo, I'd try my first suggestion.  Get the ubuntu kernel source, change the config, go to the appropriate subdirectory for your module, and make it.04:11
=== persia [n=persia@ubuntu/member/persia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
tonyyarussoIs it possible to have the _kernel_ upgrade on it's own, and just have to go fix the module manually, or will I be out of happy-apt-land altogether?04:11
RAOFOh, the kernel will upgrade on its own.04:12
RAOFAnd break your module in the process, so you'll need to re-build it.04:12
tonyyarussoah, that's fine04:12
persiaStevenK: About cyrus21-imapd and libsnmp: While it builds without the library, I would rather either build a testcase that shows it really doesn't need it for identical behaviour, or hunt down why ./configure is testing for libsnmp, and how the MIBs are build and installed to perhaps fix the problem with the SNMP support.04:14
=== mneptok [n=mneptok@canonical/support/mneptok] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mneptokbeep beep!04:14
persiaOne possibility (not yet confirmed) is that it would prefer to use mib2c or net-snmp-config to do things, or perhaps it just references the MIB configuration tables.  If it's not a functionality issue, I'd prefer to understand the problem and fix it, rather than going for the quick solution.04:15
tonyyarussoRAOF: this would be nice: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/automatic-module-assistant04:15
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mneptok [n=mneptok@canonical/support/mneptok] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== luisbg [n=d33p@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== micahcowan [n=micah@ubuntu/member/micahcowan] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== DarkMageZ [n=richard@ppp59-167-30-126.lns1.syd6.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tonyyarusso [n=anthony@ubuntu/member/tonyyarusso] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockhmm, so I just came back from a trip to Walmart05:04
ajmitchuh oh05:04
LaserJockand they had a big sign on the door saying they are now selling Dell's05:04
LaserJocksure enough, they had E521s05:05
ajmitchwhich are?05:05
LaserJockno Ubuntu though :/05:05
=== poningru [n=poningru@ip72-209-65-174.ga.at.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchthat's expected05:06
LaserJockI know, but still ;-)05:06
=== Knightlust [n=Dax@ubuntu/member/knightlust] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Burgundavia_ [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== persia [n=persia@ubuntu/member/persia] has left #ubuntu-motu []
ScottKLaserJock: How do I get the big Ubuntu Developer red badge of courage on the forums?05:16
LaserJockScottK: jdong hooked me up05:16
LaserJockask a forum admin person05:16
ScottKLaserJock: thanks.05:16
ajmitchScottK: you need to embark on an arduous quest, long & perilous05:18
=== ajmitch still isn't a true developer
ScottKajmitch: Then I don't wanna do it.  I want it to be easy, quick, painless, and have a pony.05:19
ScottKjdong: Where are you...  How about hooking me up for Ubuntu Forums (forum user ID is kitterma) 05:23
crimsunI'm a peon, woo!05:24
LaserJocknow that I'm a core-dev I think I'll move on to becoming a peon05:25
ScottKPeon has less work associated with it.05:26
crimsun"5 Cups of Ubuntu"05:26
crimsunI rock05:26
=== ScottK is still on his first cup.
somerville32I don't drink, sorry.05:27
somerville32I get IV infusions05:27
crimsunugh, the UF has that obnoxious modal dialog05:27
crimsun"Are you sure you want to log out?"05:28
ScottKOf course.  UF are so wonderful why would you ever want to do that.05:28
crimsunwhy no, I intentionally accidentally clicked the hyperlink05:28
ScottKsomerville32: Are they at least good IV infusions?05:28
ScottKcrimsun: Of course.05:29
somerville32I don't want to be Judged but I hope Ubuntu infused with a minimum amount of much needed human nutrients is acceptable.05:30
ScottKsomerville32: As long as caffeine qualifies as a much needed human nutrient, then I'm good.05:30
=== man-di [n=mkoch@dyndsl-080-228-193-079.ewe-ip-backbone.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== RedKrieg [n=RedKrieg@ip68-230-209-186.rd.hr.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tmr0 [n=cbladow@71-208-49-26.hlrn.qwest.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== predius [n=predius@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== nixternal kicks scipy
nixternalhiya Hobbsee 06:20
LaserJocknixternal: don't kick too hard, it might kick back06:20
nixternalI think it is kicking back06:20
LaserJockhi Hobbsee 06:21
Hobbseeheh.  the warning was too late!06:21
Hobbseehiya LaserJock :)06:21
nixternalbuild baby build!!!06:21
Hobbseeit wont06:22
ajmitchhello Hobbsee 06:24
Hobbseehi ajmitch 06:25
Hobbseeajmitch: still causing trouble?06:25
ajmitchHobbsee: managed to get out of work yet?06:27
Hobbseeajmitch: not yet...i havent actually been near there - only a floor higher than it06:28
ajmitchI'm sure you can avoid it somehow06:29
ajmitchgot everything ready for gutsy release?06:29
Hobbseenot even tribe 206:30
jmg_is there a kernel backports archive?06:30
=== Hobbsee has been studying a bit.
Hobbseeand then went shopping :P06:30
ajmitcharen't exams over there yet?06:31
jmg_it's exam time06:31
joejaxxjmg_: interesting06:31
joejaxxjmg_: i never thought about that06:32
ajmitchthey've finished at uni here06:32
joejaxxjmg_: if there was a kernel backports archive06:32
jmgjoejaxx: i need it06:32
=== ajmitch has flatmates who are lazing about, doing nothing all day now
joejaxxjmg: what are you on now?06:32
StevenKThey're still on at my uni, but I didn't care since the two subjects I did don't require final exams.06:32
jmgjoejaxx: feisty, but gutsy breaks my laptop06:32
joejaxxjmg: ah06:32
=== gouki_ [n=gouki@ubuntu/member/gouki] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchah, loldebian06:33
StevenKOh yes, madduck06:34
jmgi need the gutsy kernel because of bug 11728206:34
ubotuLaunchpad bug 117282 in linux-source-2.6.20 "2gb SD card not usable" [Undecided,Unconfirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11728206:34
joejaxxajmitch: hahaha06:34
jmgbut then i also need modules-restricted06:35
ajmitchlibc6 dependency?06:36
joejaxxajmitch: http://loldebian.wordpress.com/2007/06/01/i-is-sunning/06:36
ajmitchjoejaxx: yes, I've seen them all06:37
ajmitchjmg: it'd be fairly trivial to install the kernel & rebuild linux-{restricted,ubuntu}-modules06:37
jmghttp://loldebian.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/we_are_debian.png <- illegal use of genie logo06:37
jmgajmitch: isnt restricted-modules build a black art?06:38
ajmitchit's as trivial as any package build06:38
ajmitchthe black art is getting things built in order & updated with the right ABI versioning when it's bumped06:39
ajmitchwhich you won't have to worry about06:39
StevenKIf something like Openoffice.org's package building could be called trivial.06:39
jmgcan i just download the gutsy source and dpkg-buildpackage?06:39
ajmitchplus build-deps, etc06:40
jmgbut i need to tell it not to build every kernel variant06:40
jmgdoes that just mean commenting the lines in control?06:42
ajmitchno, there's a gutsy-specific way of doing it06:44
ajmitchlook on the wiki for details06:44
ajmitchthe kernel packaging was redone for gutsy06:44
=== nixternal hugs scipy
=== Mez [n=Mez@ubuntu/member/mez] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== porthose [n=chatzill@24-119-100-168.cpe.cableone.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchnixternal: wasn't it kicking you earlier? :)06:54
nixternalyup, but I kicked back and fixed her. Now I can debdiff it and get it uploaded06:55
=== nixternal finishes this application
=== Knightlust [n=Dax@ubuntu/member/knightlust] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== nxvl [n=nxvl@barovia.aureal.com.pe] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockI knew LP was down and I still went there07:02
Hobbseeso did i, dont worry07:02
LaserJockit's become so central to my life07:02
Hobbseethat's scary07:02
crimsunadmitting it is the first step to recovery.07:03
LaserJockI know, I know07:03
=== ajmitch doesn't need it
=== ajmitch has broken free
crimsunI, too, will be unplugged from the matrix soon.07:04
crimsun(which, interestingly enough, is a permutation of my first name...)07:05
ajmitchfunny, the number of people that say (on forums, various 'news' sites like osnews) that kubuntu should be delayed for kde 4.007:05
nixternalScottK: I have this patch, however LP is down for who knows how long07:05
ajmitchI suspect that they may have unrealistic expectations of kde407:05
nixternalLaserJock: haha, I didn't, saw your comment, and then went ;p07:05
StevenK[14:38]  < mthaddon> Launchpad is going down in 15 mins for a code update.07:06
StevenK                    Estimated downtime is approx 30 mins07:06
StevenKnixternal: ^07:06
jmglp should have a better down message.07:06
jmglike a lolcat.07:06
=== StevenK kills jmg
nixternalk, when it is back up, I will have a present waiting there for yoU :D07:06
crimsunnixternal: think of it as a weekly manager-enforced workrave.07:06
=== jmg parrys the kill and ripostes with a destroy
=== StevenK deflects the destroy and hits back with genocide.
=== jmg dispels genocide and casts finger of death
=== ajmitch wonders if we'll have snow on the ground in the morning
=== Yagisan [n=Yagisan@doomsday/developer/Yagisan] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchhello Yagisan 07:07
Hobbseehi Yagisan 07:07
jmgsave vs. wands or die!07:07
YagisanG'day ajmitch, Hobbsee 07:07
=== StevenK waves to Yagisan
=== Yagisan waves back
Yagisanajmitch, Hobbsee, StevenK - what graphics chips are you guys using in your ubuntu boxes ?07:09
crimsunhey Yagisan, LTNS07:10
jmgsalt and vinegar07:10
=== Yagisan is writting an opengl graphics libarary
nixternalmy favorite kind07:10
Yagisancrimsun, it is. everyyone wants all my free time07:10
=== lavar1917 [n=zach@adsl-75-26-196-227.dsl.scrm01.sbcglobal.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
HobbseeYagisan: 00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)07:10
ajmitchnVidia Corporation NV43 [GeForce 6600] 07:11
ajmitchand a 915GM in the laptop07:11
=== k1gw1 [n=k1gwb@ip68-103-141-134.ks.ok.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Yagisannice chips I don't have in my database07:11
nixternalI am with Hobbsee on that one :) same here07:11
=== nixternal hugs the freedom
ajmitchi915 is *really* common07:11
YagisanHobbsee, ajmitch - could I trouble you to pm me the output from glxinfo -l07:11
ajmitchyou may07:12
=== Student [i=Student@ool-4352f506.dyn.optonline.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
HobbseeYagisan: http://rafb.net/p/oARHgu31.html07:12
jmgfree time?07:13
Yagisanthanks Hobbsee 07:13
jmgwhats that?07:13
HobbseeYagisan: no problem07:13
Yagisanjmg, what I had when I could go to UDU - such a long time ago07:13
StudentAside from invalid fstab and menu.lst entries, is there anything else that could cause the "/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off" boot error?07:14
=== asimon_ [n=asimon@dslb-084-058-234-173.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
YagisanI got an interesting email from my isp07:16
Yagisanthe claim I never paid their relocation fee07:16
Yagisanno this is interesting, because every month without fail - they direct debit the monthly charge from my account07:16
YagisanI checked - and the indeed did not debit the relocation fee07:17
=== lavar1917 [n=zach@adsl-75-26-196-227.dsl.scrm01.sbcglobal.net] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Leaving"]
=== minghua [n=minghua@ubuntu/member/minghua] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Yagisanso I've sent them a reply - thank you for the free relocation - I assume you failure to debit is compensation for the inadequate service you have provided.07:18
nxvlwhen automount makes an icon on my desktop, what package opens when i click on Properties on the "right-click" menu?07:18
nixternalhaha, nice07:18
Yagisannow I hope iinet or someone gets adsl2 here - because I really want to switch07:19
StevenKDon't switch to iinet.07:19
crimsunStudent: well, sure.  I ran into it this morning with an older Breezy install where /dev/hda1 became /dev/hdb1 due to a race with USB mass storage.07:20
YagisanStevenK, surely someone is better then TPG07:20
crimsunStudent: however, this channel isn't appropriate for it; you likely want #ubuntu.07:20
StevenKYagisan: I quite like Exetel.07:20
nixternalScottK: bug 121398 is all yours :)07:20
ubotuLaunchpad bug 121398 in python-scipy "Python-scipy 0.5.2-9ubuntu2 built without umfpack module" [Medium,Fix committed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12139807:20
YagisanHobbsee, ajmitch - intel has 8 texture units available for fixed function opengl ?! - 07:21
ajmitchYagisan: no idea07:22
ajmitchI just use the laptop, I don't care what goes on inside07:22
Studentcrimsun, Heh, thanks, but they told me to look here, because no one over there knows how to fix it. I'v been going there for 2 days straight and I even posted on the forums - no one can figure it out. Sorry to have bothered you, not my intention, but I was desparate.07:22
Yagisanajmitch, thats what your output says. I need to fix some bad design assumptions in my spec07:23
=== Yagisan has a course on opengl starting soon - so he is writing his support libs now to save time
ajmitchlucky you07:23
nixternalapplication complete and sent!07:23
ajmitchwhat were you assuming?07:23
Yagisanajmitch, 407:24
Yagisan4 max, and 2 average07:24
ajmitchhow many in the nvidia chip?07:25
Yagisan4 fixed function - 16 via shaders07:25
=== Yagisan has chips with 3 (ati) or 4 (nvidia here)
Yagisannow that is interesting. Intel opensource drivers have texture compression - ATI opensource drivers do not.07:29
ajmitchif you can trust the output from my laptop07:29
Yagisanajmitch, Hobbsee's confirms it07:30
=== Acksys [n=acksys@cpe-071-070-081-128.sc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Acksys [n=acksys@cpe-071-070-081-128.sc.res.rr.com] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== cynics [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Yagisan needs a keyboard for bub to type on - his help isn't very helpful
=== k1gw1 [n=k1gwb@ip68-103-141-134.ks.ok.cox.net] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== TheMuso [n=luke@ubuntu/member/themuso] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Mez [n=Mez@ubuntu/member/mez] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-16-77.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoYou gotta love electrical work being done.08:10
=== hjmf [n=hjmf@138.Red-83-45-117.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== LucidFox [n=LucidFox@wikia/Sikon] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKTheMuso: How much longer are the renevations going on for?08:14
TheMusoStevenK: Another couple of weeks or so.08:14
TheMusoThe worst is over however.08:15
TheMusoStevenK: We had power off for so long today because our power board was being stripped back and upgraded.08:16
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKI find it amusing when electrians talk of "upgrading" a distribution board.08:16
StevenKThat's not an upgrade, it's removing the old bit and putting something new in!08:17
TheMusoAnyways, its all circuite brakers with safety switches now.08:18
=== StevenK nods.
StevenKThere's five or six seperate circuits at my place, which surprised me when the electrian pointed it out.08:19
TheMusoThere was also bodgy cabling on one of the power point circuites that needed replacing. Seems like one of the previous ownsers had work done, and lighting cable was used for a power point circuite.08:19
StevenKHah, nice.08:19
TheMusoOh yeah.08:19
=== coNP [n=conp@unaffiliated/conp] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKWe have a little bit of dodgy cabling at our place. The previous owner was 1) an electrical contractor, and 2) a big DIY kind of guy. Do the math. :-/08:20
TheMusoStevenK: Why did it surprise you?08:20
StevenKTheMuso: Given the age of the house, I was expecting one circuit for all of the powerpoints, and another for the lights.08:21
StevenKTheMuso: Instead, there's two each for powerpoints and lights, one for the air con, and I think another for the oven and stove.08:21
ajmitchStevenK: it could be worse08:22
StevenKajmitch: Oh?08:22
=== hjmf [n=hjmf@138.Red-83-45-117.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoStevenK: Stoves always have their own circuites.08:23
TheMusoThere is a good chance also that your aircon may use more than one phase08:23
ajmitchit could have been a really incompetent electrical contractor08:23
=== ajmitch has heard various horror stories
StevenKajmitch: From all accounts, he was kind of.08:23
StevenKstd::string operator()(const std::string &word) const;08:24
StevenKDamn my C++ knowledge.08:24
StevenKHow do I call that?08:24
StevenKI'm guessing it's the same as __call__ for Python.08:26
FujitsuIt is.08:26
FujitsuSo whateverobject(some_string_reference)08:26
=== \sh_away is now known as \sh
=== StevenK nods.
StevenKPatch hacked, we'll see if it builds now.08:27
ajmitchsigh, snow08:27
jmlas if it snows08:28
ajmitchjml: cold in tasmania yet?08:28
jmlbut only in the conversational, non-technical sense08:29
=== Fujitsu wishes we got some snow around here.
ajmitchnow imagine dunedin...08:29
jmlthere's snow on Mt Wellington08:29
jmlajmitch: when I was visiting, the weather was about the same in Dunners as here.08:29
ajmitchI don't think it's snowing yet tonight, but it's meant to08:29
StevenKAnd what's bad about snow?08:29
TheMusoIts snowed on the mountains in the last few days.08:29
ajmitchStevenK: it's cold08:29
TheMusoOnly localized, but yeah.08:29
ajmitchand I have to go outside in 15 minutes08:29
StevenKIt's hit 5 degrees here over the last few nights.08:30
ajmitchI didn't think it was possible08:30
TheMusoStevenK: It hasn't felt much more than that up her.08:30
TheMusoat times08:30
ajmitchI think we have have got up to 5 degrees here today08:30
=== Monk-e [i=guido-de@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoajmitch: Oh its possible, where I used to live, we used to get 1-2 degrees.08:30
ajmitchit was about 3 degrees at 3pm08:30
jmlgovernment says it's 5 degrees now08:31
jmlbut that's probably what they want us to believe08:31
highvoltagejml: and you trust them!?08:31
FujitsuIt only got down to 7.9 degrees degrees overnight, but it was 0.1 when I left the house at 7am a week ago.08:31
=== viviersf [n=cain@gw.impilinux.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchhighvoltage: wouldn't you trust your government?08:32
ajmitchhint: they're probably reading what you type right now08:32
StevenKFujitsu: Sigh. That gives me: error: 'pStemmer' cannot be used as a function08:32
=== pgquiles [n=pgquiles@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
FujitsuStevenK: The method isn't static or anything strange like that?08:33
StevenKFujitsu: It's const, but not static08:34
highvoltageajmitch: no way!08:34
highvoltageajmitch: I wouldn't be surprised if they did :)08:34
StevenKFujitsu: Any ideas?08:37
FujitsuStevenK: You are trying to execute an instance and not the class, right?08:39
StevenKI'm not certain.08:40
FujitsuCan you pastebin the code that's failing?08:40
StevenKNot easily, it being 1,606 lines.08:40
StevenKIt does: Xapian::Stem *pStemmer = NULL; and then pStemmer = new Xapian::Stem(...);08:41
StevenKSo I'm guessing that I'm playing with an instance.08:41
FujitsuAnd Xapian::Stem is the class that has operator()?08:42
FujitsuIf so, that should be working.08:42
=== apacheLAGger [n=me@N802P005.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKAnd that's what I'm calling.08:44
StevenKFujitsu: Can I point you at the package and my patch?08:51
FujitsuStevenK: Sure.08:53
FujitsuI might be a little laggy, due to preparing for the school formal tomorrow night.08:54
StevenKOh, pish posh.08:54
StevenKFujitsu: Do you have a date?08:55
HobbseeFujitsu: are you going to get pictures?08:55
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i59F75E5A.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseedholbach: will be your date, i'm sure08:55
=== Fujitsu throws a StevenK at Hobbsee.
dholbachgood morning08:55
dholbachhey Hobbsee08:55
dholbachHobbsee: what are you talking about?08:56
=== Hobbsee dodges
FujitsuI wasn't going at all until 2 days ago. :(08:56
Hobbseedholbach: Fujitsu's school formal.  he wants a date08:56
Fujitsuum, sure.08:56
StevenKFujitsu: Oh, and then what happened?08:56
dholbachdate for what?08:56
=== dholbach doesn't understand
Hobbseedholbach: he wants to go ballroom dancing, but cant without the date08:56
=== munckfish [n=munckfis@82-41-13-152.cable.ubr02.edin.blueyonder.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseedholbach: formal / prom08:56
Hobbseedholbach: maybe the term is a prom in germany?08:57
dholbachahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok08:57
dholbachwhere do I have to be when? :)08:57
FujitsuStevenK: Some people decided that I had to go, and got quite a number of teachers/coordinators onto me.08:57
Hobbseeformals are fun08:57
qballHobbsee: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!08:57
Hobbseehiya qball!08:57
FujitsuNoo, not fun! Evil!08:57
LaserJockmorning dholbach 08:58
dholbachhey LaserJock08:58
dholbachhow're you all doing?08:58
LaserJockFujitsu: I got emails this morning that ubuntu-motu-science and ubuntu-motu-tex mailing lists have been created08:58
LaserJockI sent a reply saying that I don't think the TeX list should be -motu- since most of the packages we're interested in are in Main08:59
dholbachwouldn't ubuntu-tex have been good enough?08:59
dholbachah ok08:59
LaserJockI requested ubuntu-science and ubuntu-tex 2 months ago08:59
Burgundaviadholbach: is there a way to get a community member to work ont eh mailing list situation?09:00
Burgundaviaespecially given jono appears to have dropped off the face of the earth09:00
HobbseeBurgundavia: which in partiuclar ML?09:00
BurgundaviaHobbsee: I have two people bugging me for mailng lists09:00
Burgundavia-emacs and the UMC people09:00
dholbachBurgundavia: I talked to him yesterday, he has not dropped off the face of the earth :)09:00
dholbachBurgundavia: I don't know how community members could help with that09:01
BurgundaviaI know it is going to be moving to LP soonish09:01
FujitsuLaserJock: Yay! Finally.09:02
LaserJockthe whole thing?09:02
Burgundaviathe mailing list interface, at least09:02
StevenKYeah, but isn't isn't everything moving to LP "soonish"09:02
Burgundaviapretty much09:02
LaserJockI know they plan is to get mailman for teams soon09:02
BurgundaviaI am rather cynical about LP due dates09:02
=== somerville33 [n=cody-som@fctnnbsc15w-156034068158.nb.aliant.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockheah, they are getting better09:02
dholbachthat's not really fair09:02
FujitsuBurgundavia: I'm not so much any more, after they implemented the MOTU bug targetting stuff in just a couple of months.09:02
LaserJockJoey's got them working on milestones09:03
LaserJockand regular releases09:03
dholbachand they're producing quality software09:03
FujitsuIt seems to be working a bit, too.09:03
Burgundaviathere are good things happening09:03
dholbachI can't remember a LP crash in the last time09:03
BurgundaviaI guess my memory still stretches back to 04 and 0509:03
LaserJockI see all the bug work they do09:03
LaserJockRosetta is still taking a lot of resources09:03
FujitsuEvery couple of months it'll go crazy for a few hours or over a weekend and be unusable.09:04
FujitsuIt is a *lot* better than it used to be, though.09:04
somerville33Hey dholbach09:06
=== vil [n=lada@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C1A48C.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Jucato [n=jucato@ubuntu/member/Jucato] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Konversation]
dholbachhey somerville3309:07
=== somerville33 blinks.
somerville33Oh, I'm somerville3209:08
LaserJockhmm, is it an issue if I still have hdX and not sdX for hard drive partitions?09:14
FujitsuLaserJock: No, not everything has transitioned to libata yet.09:14
LaserJockhmm, ok09:16
LaserJockdoes that depend on the brand/model of hard drive?09:16
StevenKNo, of the IDE controller.09:16
=== luisbg [n=d33p@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockah, makes sense09:18
LaserJockI wonder why mine hasn't, ah well09:18
StevenKMy IDE controller had, but I've jumped to a SATA drive since.09:18
LaserJockI have an older IDE controller, I haven't "upgraded" to SATA ;-)09:19
LaserJockI'm struggling to get my swap back09:21
LaserJockso I can hibernate this laptop09:21
LaserJockI stupidly let Fedora format my swap partition09:21
LaserJockthat's what I get I suppose09:21
LaserJockanyway, good night all09:22
StevenKLaserJock: You can read the UUID off of it09:22
LaserJockI did09:22
LaserJockbut it seems it didn't like it or something09:22
LaserJockI'll try a few more reboots tomorrow09:22
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== BugMaN [n=BugMaN@nat.cabi.uniroma1.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== RAOF [n=chris@123-243-65-41.tpgi.com.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ubunterror [n=squidwar@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hobbsee_ [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@host-85-27-113-187.brutele.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
somerville32What was that application that I was recommended to run to generate more entropy?09:48
=== Lure [n=lure@external-1.hermes.si] has joined #ubuntu-motu
somerville32How quickly should it automagically work?09:50
somerville32Question answered.09:50
dholbachhum... is there any reason we should have a "pbuilder-etch create" section on PbuilderHowto?09:57
dholbachI mean, I'm happy for it to be somewhere, but I think it's more confusing than anything else to new users09:57
RAOFA sid one, maybe.  But etch?09:58
dholbachbut still I think it's confusing09:59
RAOFMaybe a Sid one should be under "contributing to Debian" somewhere, but I agree that the etch one probably shouldn't be on PbuilderHowto09:59
somerville32Is MoM not running anymore?10:04
somerville32Oh, I was looking at multiverse10:06
=== RainCT [n=RainCT@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@linagoraberri.pck.nerim.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dharrigan [n=dharriga@dsl-217-155-228-129.zen.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== icf7 [n=icf7@WL-POOL04-37.UNI-MUENSTER.DE] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== MagnusR [n=magru@c83-252-237-96.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cypher1 [n=cypher1@c-69-249-127-102.hsd1.nj.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
icf7Slightly OT: How can I (re)define a make variable in a make rule?10:31
=== icf7 [n=icf7@WL-POOL04-37.UNI-MUENSTER.DE] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fredix [n=fredix@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== icf7 [n=icf7@WL-POOL04-37.UNI-MUENSTER.DE] has joined #ubuntu-motu
BugMaNhi all10:44
BugMaNsomeone can update this page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/TODO with the "new status" because links on bitesize,packaging and more are break10:45
FujitsuBugMaN: They shouldn't be broken; they're meant to redirect.10:45
FujitsuHm, right, they do break for some reason.10:46
BugMaNFujitsu: the new status in lp10:47
BugMaNFujitsu: the redirect must be change 10:47
FujitsuI don't think so. My links automatically redirect to the new statuses.10:47
FujitsuAnd that was mentioned in the spec or email.10:47
BugMaNFujitsu: Launchpad give me this error : Unexpected form data10:48
FujitsuI suspect something else has changed, but I have to leave now.10:49
BugMaNFujitsu: don't worry daniel carry it10:49
=== gizmo [n=gizmo@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
geserdholbach: Hi. Is it ok to sync telepathy-mission-control 4.24 (or even 4.26) from Debian? (bug #120633)10:55
ubotuLaunchpad bug 120633 in telepathy-mission-control "Sync telepathy-mission-control 4.24-1 from debian unstable" [Undecided,Incomplete]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12063310:55
dholbachgeser: yes10:55
=== pH [n=ph@ADijon-256-1-82-181.w86-204.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
geserthanks, will update the bug10:57
dholbachcan somebody help out updating the links on  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/TODO ?10:59
dholbachI changed some already - it's because of the LP status change that some don't work no more10:59
=== luisbg [n=d33p@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Bassetts [n=Bassetts@5ac2dda3.bb.sky.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@dsl-hkibras1-ff55c300-121.dhcp.inet.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RainCT:o is this change explained somewhere?11:24
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LucidFoxCan Rosetta be used with Qt4 applications?11:28
gesercheck the mail archives for ubuntu-bugsquad or ubuntu-devel-discuss11:29
geserhas somebody an idea where I can download the multidistrotools?11:29
RainCTand when will Triaged, Won't Fix  and Todo be added?11:32
LucidFoxAlso, how is kdecopy different from normal qt4?11:33
=== Knightlust [n=Dax@ubuntu/member/knightlust] has joined #ubuntu-motu
BugMaNRainCT: just now, or not?11:35
RainCTno, I can't see them11:35
BugMaNRainCT: yes, i see11:36
=== Czessi-m [n=czessi@dslb-088-073-030-217.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RainCTgeser: thanks11:43
=== lucas [n=lucas@xanadu.blop.info] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusogeser: Multi distro rules?11:53
geserTheMuso: see http://tiber.tauware.de/~lucas/versions/11:56
TheMusogeser: Thanks.11:57
geserbut the pages aren't updated anymore11:58
=== ajmitch returns
ajmitchthat should be easy to fix11:58
ajmitchit's just a cronjob on tiber11:58
geserlucas said it was stopped due to resource limits11:59
ajmitchyes, cronjobs disabled11:59
ajmitchsiretart: was it killing things?11:59
=== ajmitch could probably run it at home
siretartajmitch: we are having bandwith problems on tiber12:00
siretartajmitch: serverpronto is shaping us down becase we are causing more than 500g traffic/month12:00
ajmitchI'll stick it on aurora (imbrandon's box)12:00
=== doko [i=doko@conference/debconf/x-40b8740ace432cf4] has joined #ubuntu-motu
siretartwhich sucks12:01
ajmitchI wonder if imbrandon would be open to us moving REVU onto there :)12:01
siretartdoko: you asked me on tuesday to remind you about an python2.5 upload to unstable today :)12:01
dokosiretart: you are wron12:02
=== icf7 [n=icf7@WL-POOL04-37.UNI-MUENSTER.DE] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dokoplus EWCHAN12:02
siretartoh, indeed. sorry12:03
=== tmarble [i=tmarble@conference/debconf/x-5c68574c79f8d697] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@19-21.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchnixternal: diving in, I see12:12
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@dsl-hkibras1-ff55c300-121.dhcp.inet.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== munckfish [n=munckfis@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
geserlucas: are the multidistrotools somewhere available for download?12:47
man-digeser: in bzr12:48
=== chuck [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
lucaswell, just copy the dir in tiber:~lucas12:48
lucaswill be easier12:48
lucasI'm not sure of the updateness of bzr12:48
lucasor svn12:48
=== Acksys [n=acksys@cpe-071-070-081-128.sc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
lucas(there's an svn too, on alioth, since the long term goal is to get this into debian as a generic tool to follow derivatives)12:49
lucasI could run that on people.d.o instead of tiber12:49
lucassiretart: any ETA on the end of the bw problems on tiber?12:49
siretartlucas: I'm still waiting on feedback from newz200012:52
lucaswell, keep me updated. I don't mind moving that stuff to gluck12:52
lucasbut it's generally harder to get packages installed on gluck if something is missing12:53
siretartlucas: I think if you can do it on gluck or alioth, better move it there, at least for now12:53
siretartTBH, I'd prefer to relocate revu to somewhere else than tiber12:53
siretartwe still have problems with the machines regarding the kernel, and serverpronto seems to be not helpful at all with this regard12:54
geserman-di: the one mentioned at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MultiDistroTools? I tried it but the server doesn't respond12:55
geserlucas: I found the source at http://tiber.tauware.de/~lucas/pkg/multidistrotools/ but the .dsc and the .orig.tar.gz give a Forbidden (the deb can be downloaded)12:58
=== stratus [i=stratus@conference/debconf/x-088fbb3a52a41af4] has joined #ubuntu-motu
gnomefreakcan a revu admin remove adept from revu if it wasnt already removed by riddell (we had communication breakdown)01:03
lucasgeser: don't use that.01:07
lucasgeser: just copy the dir01:07
geserlucas: I don't have a login on tiber, and can't find any other version at http://tiber.tauware.de/~lucas/01:08
lucasso the best is probably to wait until the issues are sorted out01:09
joejaxxGood Evening All01:09
lucasor to bug siretart so that I can re-enable the crons :)01:09
joejaxxi mean Morning01:09
geserok, will be patient then01:09
=== persia [n=persia@ubuntu/member/persia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== neversfelde [n=neversfe@nrbg-4db4400d.pool.einsundeins.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== highvoltage [n=highvolt@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== asimon [n=asimon@dslb-084-059-025-023.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== pgquiles [n=pgquiles@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Monk-e [i=guido-de@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Fujitsugeser: The latest mdt is probably in ~laserjock01:33
=== EtienneG [n=etienne@ubuntu/member/EtienneG] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== gnomefre1k [n=gnomefre@adsl-221-42-123.rmo.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
geserFujitsu: siretart pointed me already to his bzr repo of lucas' copy01:36
geserFujitsu: do you know what was changed?01:36
gnomefreakjdong: are you around i would like to know if gnash is (by backports team able to be backported) i already have builds for it for feisty and seems to work good in feisty so far no issues that i know of.01:39
lionelgnomefreak: I have filled a backport request for feisty. Also tested here and it works well01:40
gnomefreaklionel: all i need is ok and ill send the sources for it01:41
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Sikon [n=LucidFox@wikia/Sikon] has joined #ubuntu-motu
gnomefreaklionel: what bug number is it you filed for gnash backport?01:47
Fujitsugeser: I'm not quite sure. It has been a while since I looked at lucas'01:47
lionelgnomefreak: you are allowed to upload backports ?01:47
dholbachgpocentek, ajmitch, crimsun: shall we auto-discard gutsy-changes-owner's mails?01:47
dholbachgpocentek, ajmitch, crimsun: also ftp.debian.org-whateveritis?01:47
=== pleia2 [n=lyz@ubuntu/member/pleia2] has joined #ubuntu-motu
gnomefreaklionel: no but i have them ready and can give them to someone that is allowed 01:48
lionelgnomefreak: some source change is needed ?01:48
lionelgnomefreak: Bug #12099001:48
=== neversfelde [n=neversfe@nrbg-4db4400d.pool.einsundeins.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ubotuLaunchpad bug 120990 in feisty-backports "backport gnash 0.8.0~cvs20070611.1016-1ubuntu2" [Undecided,New]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12099001:49
gnomefreaklionel: i believe there was some changes in control needed but i woul dhave to go back and look at it to be sure01:49
lionelWhen I tested I did not have to change control file01:49
=== bersace [n=bersace@did75-13-82-243-217-90.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
gnomefreaklionel: give me a sec ill check01:51
gnomefreakyour right it was changed for gutsy.01:52
lionelso if no changes are needed, backport is automatic (no manual upload I mean)01:55
=== grayman [n=grayman@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== statik [n=emurphy@canonical/launchpad/statik] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchdholbach: sounds good02:02
=== ajmitch sleeps
highvoltagegoodnight ajmitch 02:08
zul_toodles ajmitch 02:08
=== zul__ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== sladen [i=paul@starsky.19inch.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== nosrednaekim [n=michael@03-190.200.popsite.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
gnomefreakif running prevu in feisty does it automaticly grab from gutsy?02:17
=== nosrednaekim [n=michael@03-190.200.popsite.net] has left #ubuntu-motu []
lionelgnomefreak: you have to give prevu a .dsc02:19
lionelgive prevu gutsy .dsc02:19
gnomefreakso i have to grab .dsc of the package i want to build with it?02:22
=== xxxxx1 [n=xxxxx1@44125.static.fln.virtua.com.br] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xxxxx1good morning all!02:25
gnomefreakwhere would i put the .dsc?02:26
=== RainCT [n=RainCT@] has left #ubuntu-motu []
gnomefreakwould be nice if it stated that in instructions :(02:28
ScottKnixternal: Thanks.  I'm on it.02:28
=== highvoltage [n=highvolt@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
lionelgnomefreak: in argument iirc02:30
=== gnomefreak thinks i like the simple way much better
=== AnAnt [n=anant@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
AnAntHello, when is the next sync with Debian ?02:31
AnAntand how do I request a sync for a certain package ?02:32
lionelgnomefreak: should be  DISTRO=feisty prevu http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/g/gnash/gnash_0.8.0~cvs20070611.1016-1ubuntu2.dsc02:33
gnomefreakAnAnt: normally file a bug report 02:33
lionelautosync should run again02:34
gnomefreakill play with it later, thank you02:34
lionelgnomefreak: np :)02:35
=== etank [n=etank@ubuntu/member/etank] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-9-92.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== AnAnt [n=anant@] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== pochu [n=emilio@29.Red-88-24-187.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jml [n=jml@ppp121-44-217-19.lns1.hba1.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jekil [n=alessand@host185-20-dynamic.61-82-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fdoving_ [n=frode@edge.lnix.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== azeem [n=mbanck@ppp-88-217-19-74.dynamic.mnet-online.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== siretart [i=siretart@ubuntu/member/siretart] has joined #ubuntu-motu
gnomefreaklionel: is prevu known not to work?03:01
lionelhum... no03:01
gnomefreaklionel: i get usage info when i run it03:01
gnomefreakbut nothing happens.03:01
Fujitsugnomefreak: How are you running it?03:02
lionelgnomefreak: I personnaly don't use prevu as I have a stock of pbuilder :)03:02
gnomefreakDISTRO=feisty prevu http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/g/gnash gnash_0.8.0~cvs20070611.1016-1ubuntu2.dsc03:02
=== Fujitsu uses sbuild+lvm
=== munckfish [i=munckfis@conference/debconf/x-fdb3d5fcd4e94c57] has joined #ubuntu-motu
FujitsuYou probably have to have the source package locally.03:03
gnomefreakthan hell i will stick with the way i normally build03:03
gnomefreakits easier03:03
=== persia [n=persia@ubuntu/member/persia] has left #ubuntu-motu []
gnomefreakits worked for me for a while i dont see what prevu does that is better than that03:04
=== vil [n=lada@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== afflux [i=fnord@pentabarf.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== persia [n=persia@ubuntu/member/persia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== kane77 [n=kane@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-motu
kane77gcc is build dependency, I assume?03:13
FujitsuNo. You don't build-depend upon anything that is in build-essential.03:13
kane77I use script to show me all the packages a program depends on... and it showed gcc should I put it anywhere?03:15
man-dikane77: the package build-essential and its dependencies are assumed to be installed03:16
TheMusoFujitsu: Sbuild is good if you aren't using NFS shares to share your Ubuntu work between several machines...03:16
FujitsuTheMuso: What's wrong with that?03:16
=== TheMuso needs to hack up a script to work around that.
TheMusoFujitsu: Getting the NFS share mounted in the sbuild chroot thats all.03:16
FujitsuMy /home is on a LUKS partition and not in fstab. I just modify one of the things in /etc/schroot to mount it as well.03:17
TheMusoOne of the scripts in setup you mean?03:18
TheMusoAh right.03:18
TheMusothought that was it.03:18
TheMusoanyways, I'm off to bed.03:19
=== beuno [i=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dholbach_ [n=daniel@i59F71132.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== vil [n=lada@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jekilsomeone can review please? http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=566303:30
ScottKjekil: Is tablelist uploaded already?03:31
jekilScottK: is in NEW03:31
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/Amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKjekil: Then this package still needs to wait on that to get out of NEW and into the repos so we can build it.03:32
ScottKjekil: Your changes address my comments, so until I can build it, I don't have anything to add.03:32
=== mok0 [n=mok@ghost.imsb.au.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jekilScottK: thanks, and how much time need a package to be moved to NEW into repos?03:33
=== _MMA_ [n=mma@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cypherbios [n=cypher@ubuntu/member/cypherbios] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKjekil: It varies depending on the backlog and how much other stuff the archive admins have to deal with.  You can see what's going on with NEW and where your package is in the queue here: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/gutsy/+queue03:35
jekilScottK: thanks a lot :)03:35
=== doko [i=doko@conference/debconf/x-957d38c4c13de712] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0I've added GNU autotools to a package. Is it better to keep it in the source dir, so it goes in .diff.gz, or is it better to create a dpatch file? The first is easier for me, since I can edit the files.03:42
ScottKmok0: If you make a dpatch, you can edit the files using dpatch-edit-patch.03:46
persiamok0: I'd recommend putting it in a patch, just to keep the package clean.  It's a little harder to edit, but it makes it easier to maintain the patch as new revisions, etc. are released.03:46
mok0persia: ok, thanks!03:46
mok0persia: I didn't know about dpatch-edit-patch, I'll try it out!03:47
persiamok0: ScottK deserves the credit for that: his keyboard is faster :)03:47
mok0Heh, I didn03:48
mok0't see that03:48
ScottKnixternal: Uploaded with some very minor adjustment.  Thanks.03:48
mok0Ooops it's my Cherry compact keyboard :)03:49
nixternalno problem....glad I could help03:49
mok0ScottK: thx :)03:49
mok0ScottK: ... and thanks for reviewing my packages.03:50
ScottKmok0: No, thank you for contributing.  We'll have you a MOTU in no time.03:50
=== _MMA1 [n=mma@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0ScottK: My ambition is to contribute to the science edition of Ubuntu.03:51
=== DarkSun88 [n=Ma@ubuntu/member/darksun88] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0There's quite a lot of free software especially for bioinformatics03:51
DarkSun88Hi all03:51
jekila virtual package needs copyright file? if yes is the copyright of tha packaging right?03:51
ScottKmok0: Have you joined the Science team yet?03:51
mok0Errr. I think so, but you have to be approved.03:52
mok0I am still in the queue for that.03:52
=== BugMaN [n=BugMaN@nat.cabi.uniroma1.it] has left #ubuntu-motu []
ScottKOK.  Dunno, just wanted to make sure you knew about it.03:54
Nafallojust accidently send apt-cache show gnash to a channel.03:55
Nafallosent even03:55
mok0ScottK: But I haven't figured out what the launchpad teams actually _do_ and how they work.03:55
ScottKmok0: It depends on the team.  Generally ones like the science team are bug contacts for related packages.03:55
=== Hobbsee_ [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0ScottK: I think it would be good to discuss what a science edition should contain, and how it should be organized.03:56
ScottKmok0: Laserjock is the person to talk to.03:57
=== Bassetts [n=Bassetts@5ac2dd74.bb.sky.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0ScottK: I'll strike up a conversation with him when I meet him03:58
=== iceman [n=iceman@cable-87-244-153-189.upc.chello.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKFujitsu: New python-scipy version is uploaded that actually builds with the current python-numpy.  Next question is, of course, does it work ...03:59
=== alaQ [n=ckruse@cdu07b123.cncm.ne.jp] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== grayman [n=grayman@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== somerville32 [n=cody-som@ubuntu/member/somerville32] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== sladen [i=paul@starsky.19inch.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0dpatch-edit-patch is COOL!04:21
=== Neonightmare [n=neonight@194-31.0-85.cust.bluewin.ch] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Neonightmare [n=neonight@194-31.0-85.cust.bluewin.ch] has left #ubuntu-motu []
ScottKmok0: Welcome to a real packaging system.04:23
mok0ScottK: ;-)04:24
mok0Btw, what does ~ mean in package names?04:25
StevenKIt's a version seperator, that sorts lowest04:25
=== pgquiles [n=pgquiles@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lbm [n=lbm@0x555373ab.adsl.cybercity.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== apachelogger [n=me@amarok/rokymotion/apachelogger] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bmm [n=chatzill@cc400801-a.groni1.gr.home.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bmmHi everybody. I'm being told to remove the dependency on build in the install target in debian/rules. However, dh_make put it there from the beginnig04:44
bmmWhy is this still wrong and should I really remove this??04:44
bmm(the package is ccbuild http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5572 )04:45
somerville32Does anyone know who ivoks is?04:47
bmmpersia: if you have time, could you reconsider advocating ccbuild http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5572 ? Thanks!04:49
persiabmm: You can safely ignore that.  In cases where build-stamp is not used, having dual rule dependencies can call a rule twice (and indeed "build" is called twice), but as build only depends on build-stamp, which should exist after the first build, there's not much waste, and nothing is likely to go wrong.04:49
somerville32Nafallo: Who is it?04:49
bmmpersia: thanks!04:49
NafalloAnte Karamati04:50
Nafallosomerville32: ^04:50
somerville32Nafallo: Male? Female?04:50
Nafallohow come?04:50
persiabmm: If you ever have a debian/rules with build in .PHONY and actual commands in build:, these commands will be run twice, which may lead to unexpected results.04:50
somerville32Nafallo: I wanted to know his gender so that I can refer to him with the proper pronoun 04:51
somerville32Nafallo: Do you know if he is around often?04:51
bmmpersia: ah, good to know.04:51
somerville32I'm working on wifi-radar and he has made quite a few superfluous ubuntu-specific changes and I was wondering if he ever passed it upstream04:51
Nafallohehe. usually daily04:51
Nafalloah :-)04:51
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
somerville32Like... a lot of changes. lol04:52
HobbseeStevenK: will tell you about wifi-radar, iirc04:53
StevenKHobbsee: Hrm?04:53
=== Sindwiller [n=sindwill@84-75-101-114.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-MOTU
HobbseeStevenK: werent you fixing lots of bugs in it before?04:54
StevenKNot that I remember.04:54
StevenKI get hit in the head a lot...04:54
somerville32It is mostly ivoks and a bit of doko in the changelogs04:55
somerville32But it appears that a lot of bugs were fixed by just patching the package instead of passing the patches upstream04:55
somerville32For example, ivoks changed it so that it uses gtk.gdk.threads* instead of gtk.threads*04:58
somerville32Modified the GUI to change how some text is displayed in a label04:58
persiabmm: Commented, but not advocated.  My apologies for missing the issue previously.04:58
bmmpersia: NP, better to know it then having a broken upload04:59
somerville32Why would he move the config file from /etc/wifi-radar/ to /etc/ ?04:59
persiabmm: It might work as it is, but the buildd behaviour is best understood with the entrails of small animals, so it's best to be extra careful.05:00
bmmpersia: hehe. See the problem with the cp now, stupid when you look at it05:00
bmmpersia: as I'm uploading it again, I could just as wel fix the dependency thing in the debian/rules05:02
bmmIt won't break anything as far as I can see, and it might bring in another advocate05:03
bmmpersia: would you be ok with that?05:03
persiabmm: Your call.  I don't think it needs to be fixed, but Jrmie does.  You might want to seek a third opinion, from someone more familiar with the internals of the package build scripts.  The presence or absence of that dependency will not affect my opinion of the package.05:05
bmmAny MOTU: I'm looking for somebody with a strong opinion on build script internals and the templates of dh_make.05:06
StevenKJust ask your question.05:06
bmmIn http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5572 the comment by jcorbier@ubuntu.com is telling me to remove a dependency in the debian/rules line05:07
bmmThis dependency was placed there by dh_make and doesn't brake anything. Should I honor the request and remove it or leave it there?05:08
=== alaQ [n=ckruse@cdu07b123.cncm.ne.jp] has left #ubuntu-motu ["uh...]
=== PhinnFort [n=martin@unaffiliated/phinnfort] has joined #ubuntu-motu
PhinnFortwhere can I get automake 1.6?05:10
PhinnFortit doesn't seem to be available in the reps anymore05:10
HobbseePhinnFort: you cant05:11
=== highvoltage [n=highvolt@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaPhinnFort: Would any of automake1.4, automake1.7, aitomake1.8m automake1.9, or automake1.10 work for you?  There's an effort to reduce the number of versions shipped.05:11
mok0bmm: Obey your MOTU you must05:11
Hobbseemok0: they both are MOTU's.05:11
PhinnFortpersia: I guess I could work around it...05:11
persiaPhinnFort: That would be preferred.  If you really need it for a private project, you can get it from https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/automake1.6/1.6.3-12, but packages built against this will not be accepted into Ubuntu at this time.05:13
PhinnFortoh, ok05:13
PhinnFortit's kcam, btw, rather old app05:13
bmmmok0: I'm looking for the democratically chosen decision now. I've got a "don't care" and "do it", no others yet.05:13
PhinnFortguess I have to hack on it a bit anyways05:13
mok0dh_make is pretty crappy IMHO05:14
bmmmok0: so you would advocate a package where the dependency was removed?05:14
somerville32What should I do if debian and ubuntu have a similar patch but they do the opposite thing? lol05:15
bmmok :-D05:15
mok0but I'm not a motu :-)05:15
=== gumpa [n=chatzill@s10-33.rb.lax.centurytel.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bmmI don't care anymore, I need some kind of decision here :-D05:16
persiasomerville32: In general, preserve the Ubuntu behaviour, unless there is a clear testcase why the Debian behaviour is better and more suited to an Ubuntu installation, in which case this should be documented in the changelog (and you should check to make sure you aren't reopening any bugs).05:16
Hobbseethen again, our patches can be old05:16
Hobbseeso it depends on waht it is, etc05:16
persiaRight.  I should amend that from "a clear testcase" to "a good reason".05:17
somerville32It looks like the debian package is based off the ubuntu package with a few twists and now I'm  trying to make that ubuntu package be based off the debian package. wonderful.05:18
PhinnFortheh. it wanted automake 1.6 OR NEWER;)05:19
=== grayman [n=grayman@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
somerville32If we've divided a patch into two and the debian patch is still in one file, should I just go back to the one file to reduce the delta?05:20
persiaPhinnFort: one of 1.9 or 1.10 is probably the best choice, so that the package doesn't need another update soon.05:20
shawarmasomerville32: Why did we split it in the first place?05:20
PhinnFortbut now it wants autoconf 2.52, 2.53 or 2.5405:20
somerville32shawarma: The only guess I can make is to make it more logical?05:20
shawarmasomerville32: It *possible* I guess, but unlikely.05:21
shawarmasomerville32: If that truly is the reason, whoever did it should be introduced to Hobbsee's stick.05:21
persiaWere the two Ubuntu patches by the same author?05:21
somerville32Yes and the original patch was too05:22
somerville32(I believe)05:22
shawarmaEr.. Debian had one big patch... Some Ubuntu person split it up.. right?05:23
persiashawarma: I'm not sure about that.  If Ubuntu packages something first (with two patches), and the Debian maintainer merges them (even though they touch different files), who needs poking?05:23
shawarmapersia: Oh, we did it first?05:23
somerville32We packaged wifi-radar first05:23
shawarmapersia: I though the ubuntu delta was just "split this big patch into two".05:23
somerville32The ubuntu package is not based off of debian's package.05:23
shawarmaNow *that* would be crack.05:23
somerville32shawarma: I think that debian took our package.05:23
persiashawarma: I totally agree with that :)05:24
shawarmasomerville32: Alright then. Just keep theirs.05:24
somerville32As in debian's?05:24
shawarmasomerville32: Yup. Less work for us.05:24
=== DreamThi1f [n=mathias@gateway.3vilh4x0r.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
somerville32Can I drop the the gui patch too?05:24
shawarmasomerville32: That's just a general rule, though. There could of course be good reasons to keep it, but I havne't looked at the package.05:24
somerville32-               self.current_network.set_text( "Connected to %s ip(%s)" % ( current_ssid, current_ip ) )05:25
somerville32+               self.current_network.set_text( "Connected to %s (IP address: %s)" % ( current_ssid, current_ip ) )05:25
shawarmasomerville32: Does the changelog contain a bug reference that explains why that patch was introduced?05:25
shawarmasomerville32: It looks sort of pointless.05:26
persiasomerville32: You might want to hunt bugs for that.  If there was an "unclear language" bug, it makes sense to keep that delta.  If not, it doesn't.05:26
somerville32bug #9744705:26
ubotuLaunchpad bug 97447 in wifi-radar "Formatting error in GUI" [Low,Fix released]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/9744705:26
persiasomerville32: In that case, keep the delta (to keep the bug closed).05:27
shawarmaAlright then. Keep it, and make a clear note of it in the changelog (ie: Make sure the bug number is there)05:27
somerville32I'll pass it upstream so that we can remove it later05:28
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C6865D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiaToadstool: Hi.  bmm was asking about the install: build dependency for ccbuild.  I don't see why it's bad, as build only depends on build-stamp (which can't be called twice because the build-stamp file exists the second time.  Do you strongly feel dh_make is wrong in this case?05:29
=== doko [i=doko@conference/debconf/x-c6257f8fdf1e923d] has joined #ubuntu-motu
somerville32doko: Hey05:29
Toadstoolpersia: well, if you take a look at the buildlog in a pbuilder, it is called twice05:30
Toadstoollemme double check05:30
persiaToadstool: Right.  build is called twice, but it doesn't actually do anything the second time.  Now I want to check again :)05:31
bmmpersia Toadstool: I've uploaded a version with the build dependency removed. As you both don't seem to be against removing it, and the build still worked, I decided to remove it.05:33
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKnixternal: python-scipy built on all archs.  Thanks again.05:34
Toadstoolbmm: awesome.  I just wanna make sure it doesn't break anything in some weird build corner case though.  persia's fault :)05:35
=== Ph0t0n [n=briossc@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKmok0: Your next upload (for btk-core) will just replace it, so there's no real need to nuke.  You've commented it doesn't need reviewing, so that's enough.05:36
persiaIt builds for me, but I don't know that there isn't some tool out there that expects debian/rules install to do the right thing.05:36
mok0ScottK: ok05:36
=== EtienneG [n=etienne@ubuntu/member/EtienneG] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Toadstoolhmm even if I remove the dependency on build in install, build is called twice wtf05:40
persiaToadstool: On review, I'm going to agree with you on this.  I'm really not sure why it doesn't block, but it appears to that both config.status and build-stamp are ignored (perhaps as out-of-date) for the second build call (but make all is not fooled, so it doesn't cause an issue).  Now I have another thing I don't like about dh_make to add to the list.05:40
bmmToadstool: even with the new upload? http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=568505:41
=== ceros [n=user@c-76-111-84-156.hsd1.va.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0This is probably a dumb question, but it seems packaging practices have changed. Instead of having debian/ in a diff, why not just have it in a tarball?05:43
=== crevette [n=crevette@man06-2-88-167-44-76.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Toadstoolbmm: yup05:44
ScottKmok0: It's usually stored as diff.gz in the archives, so it is.05:44
persiamok0: it's easier to apply a diff with patch, and there once wasn't dpatch-edit-patch or cdbs-edit-patch.  Now, it's too much trouble to change all the tools and retrain the four or five thoulsand people familiar with the old system.05:45
bmmToadstool: weird, and it's going above my head at tismoment05:45
Toadstooli'm quite confused too, actually05:45
mok0But it seems there is an effort to separate the pristine sources from the packaging05:46
mok0... which is one thing I like about rpm05:46
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKmok0: Yes.  Upstream stuff goes in orig.tar.gz and packaging stuff goes in /debian.05:47
ScottKmok0: In fact most packaging repositories don't even keep the upstream stuff in their revision control system.  See the svn for Debian Python Modules Team as an example: http://python-modules.alioth.debian.org/05:48
=== javier_galicia [n=Javier@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mok0 looks
=== stratus [i=stratus@conference/debconf/x-e9724530c3d1f523] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKGood afternoon stratus.  Ironic you should show up now.  I mentioned DPMT svn as an example not 5 minutes ago.05:54
persiaThe double build even occurs when building only for a single arch (and not calling binary-indep:).  Perhaps it's supposed to do that for some reason, although it seems new to me.05:54
ToadstoolI've never seen that before05:55
mok0What to do if the upstream source comes in two packages?05:57
mok0I mean two tar.gz's05:57
=== leonel [n=leonel@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Sikonmok0> can you build a separate deb package out of each one?05:58
persiamok0: Generate two source packages.  Generally, one is safely -data.05:58
Sikonon an unrelated note, what does "dfsg" in version numbers stand for, and what is it there for?05:59
mok0I have a situation where the tarball contains patches and extra files to put onto another program05:59
ScottKSikon: Debian Free Software Guidelines - It means the source was repacked to remove stuff that wasn't dfsg Free.06:00
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-motu
persiamok0: Are they the same upstream?  If not, perhaps you could extract the patches into debian/patches, and credit the patchers in the dpatch comments and in debian/copyright.06:03
mok0persia: no, different developers06:03
mok0persia: but I think that's the way to go06:04
=== persia [n=persia@ubuntu/member/persia] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== highvoltage [n=highvolt@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== iceman__ [n=iceman@cable-87-244-153-189.upc.chello.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== stratus [i=stratus@conference/debconf/x-80b6a65fa9af596d] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Sikonwhat's better if I want to continue an abandoned SourceForge project - to file an APT request or to fork it under a different name?06:15
Sikon(there was only one developer, who apparently disappeared completely in 2003)06:16
ScottKIf it's since 2003, I'd say just fork it unless you are aware of a significant user base.06:16
=== munckfish [i=munckfis@conference/debconf/x-033fc3be486692b5] has joined #ubuntu-motu
shawarmaSikon: Which projecT?06:19
Sikongranted, not much of a project - though I did port it to Qt4 and libinklevel 0.7 and eliminate the kdelibs dependency06:20
stratusScottK: re06:21
stratusScottK: somebody just unplugged my ac, I've no battery so go figure. :/06:21
=== grayman [n=grayman@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== kane77 [n=kane@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKstratus: Lovely.  How's debconf?06:28
stratusScottK: cool, superb, hmm I'm really tired now and looking forward to finish some stuff in time to publish, pack my gear and go back home.06:29
stratusScottK: there's so much cool stuff going on06:29
ScottKmok0: stratus is one of the founders of the Debian Python Modules Team.  He's also the guy that arm-twisted ^h ^h ^h ^h ^h inspired me to write https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ContributingToDebian/PythonModulesTeam06:30
ScottKstratus: Sounds great.  Enjoy.06:30
stratusI've founded a lot of other stuff, but linux magazine also only pointed out DPMT. I don't know why. :-P06:31
Nafallodebmirror is imbrandon, right? :-)06:31
=== kane77 [n=kane@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bmmAny MOTU: ccbuild is looking for it's second advocate http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5685 or comments ;-)06:32
=== TomaszD [n=tom@unaffiliated/tomaszd] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== kane77 [n=kane@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== afflux [i=fnord@pentabarf.de] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== slytherin [n=Salazar@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== kane77 [n=kane@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== DreamThief [n=mathias@unaffiliated/dreamthief] has joined #ubuntu-motu
slytherinThe latest gstreamer bad plugin package in gutsy is missing many new plugins. Should I file a bug for it?06:40
Sikonmy opinion is, if you think there's a bug, file a bug - they'll sort it out06:41
Nafalloslytherin: that or speak to slomo :-)06:41
slytherinNafallo: Yes, I came here looking for him.06:41
slytherinNafallo: Looks like a small change is needed to .install file.06:42
Nafallooh my. he's offline again then :-P06:42
=== kane77 [n=kane@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tuxmaniac [n=tuxmania@unaffiliated/tuxmaniac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== kane77 [n=kane@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== kane77 [n=kane@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Mez [n=Mez@ubuntu/member/mez] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== luisbg [n=d33p@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== davromaniak [n=cyril@LAubervilliers-153-52-16-160.w217-128.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== kane77 [n=kane@] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Leaving"]
=== munckfish [i=munckfis@conference/debconf/x-475f3bf175b0c6ea] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@dsl-hkibras1-ff55c300-121.dhcp.inet.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Nafalloehrm. bzr-builddeb borked?07:00
=== tuxmaniac_ [n=tuxmania@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dpm [n=dpm@p54A13B47.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockok MOTU and Hopefuls, I need your help07:03
ScottKHeya LaserJock, what's up?07:03
LaserJockI need bugs in Launchpad that affect our work07:04
LaserJockwe have https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-project/+bugs?field.tag=motu07:05
LaserJockbut I'd like to add some more bugs07:05
LaserJockI've also got an older list at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JordanMantha/Launchpad07:06
NafalloLaserJock: just for the sake of it, or because they actually exist? :-)07:06
LaserJockbecause they actually exist07:07
LaserJockI want to know if something about Launchpad is blocking your work07:08
LaserJockor making it more difficult07:08
Nafalloindeed. not that I'm aware of.07:08
Nafalloexcept bzr should be smarter ;-)07:08
Nafallobut already talked to ddaa about that :-907:09
geserLaserJock: it's just wishlist but I'd like to see bug #92960 fixed (it's already on your wiki page under misc)07:09
ubotuLaunchpad bug 92960 in soyuz ""Show builds" for source packages has a bad default" [Wishlist,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/9296007:09
LaserJockNafallo: yes, I agree07:09
LaserJockI wonder if there is a bug for that07:09
Nafallono idea :-)07:09
Nafalloif I have an ubuntubranch for all devs and then publish a specific branch for a bugfix it should use the first branch as a repo IMO. not upload everything again :-)07:11
=== tsmithe [n=toby@ubuntu/member/tsmithe] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockgeser: got it07:11
Nafalloit doesn't even use repos for several branches of the same thing if you have team owned by the same user :-P07:11
=== tarzeau [i=sengun@krum.ethz.ch] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockNafallo: if you find a bug or file one for that I'll have a look. :-)07:12
NafalloI think I spoke to ddaa on IRC last time I got annoyed :-)07:13
LaserJockNafallo: bug #10838607:13
ubotuLaunchpad bug 108386 in launchpad-bazaar "Use high-performance smart server for hosting bzr branches" [High,In progress]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10838607:13
pochuLaserJock: Bug #7539107:14
ubotuLaunchpad bug 75391 in malone "+packagebugs doesn't list packages for teams" [Undecided,New]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/7539107:14
ScottKLaserJock: Can we put NOT restricting setting In Progress and TODO to -dev members on that list?07:15
NafalloLaserJock: doesn't entirely solve it I'd guess, but it's a start :-)07:15
LaserJockpochu: oh, that is a good one07:15
pochuSure it is :)07:15
LaserJockScottK: hehe, I'd rather not. That's more of a "make sure MOTU is kept in the loop better on those sorts of changes" than a bug07:16
leonelcan I work  on  bug  11568707:16
leonelcan I work  on  bug #11568707:16
ubotuLaunchpad bug 115687 in sun-java6 "java6 update1 is released, please update" [Low,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11568707:16
pochuLaserJock: bug 116309 seems trivial, but would be a good improve.07:19
ubotuLaunchpad bug 116309 in soyuz "LP: #nnnn should be linked to the bug report." [Undecided,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11630907:19
LaserJockwhat do you guys think about bug #32405 ?07:21
ubotuLaunchpad bug 32405 in soyuz "Would be nice to have UI indication of upload status." [Medium,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/3240507:21
pochuLaserJock: looks interesting.07:22
=== bersace [n=bersace@did75-13-82-243-217-90.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockthat should allow REVU contributors to see the status of their uploaded packages better07:23
pochuLaserJock: also bug 11396307:24
ubotuLaunchpad bug 113963 in malone "the packagebugs columns should open the corresponding bugs list" [Undecided,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11396307:24
=== doko [i=doko@conference/debconf/x-b20c830e5a8d5de6] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKLaserJock: Don't forget Bug #82745.  It's still out that AFAIK.07:24
ubotuLaunchpad bug 82745 in malone "Not all tagged bugs show up in when querying by tag" [Undecided,New]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/8274507:24
geserLaserJock: do you know if bugs which are tracked for several ubuntu versions (e.g. security bugs) get shown in the normal bug list if the Ubuntu task gets closed?07:25
keescookgeser: frustratingly, they are not in the normal bug list, afaict.07:25
ScottKLaserJock: About the status thing, I think it's better to talk about it now when it's not yet deployed than to wait and have another big mailing list flail followed by bugs that get wontfixed and some of us annoyed.07:26
LaserJockScottK: I agree07:26
=== luisbg [n=d33p@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockgeser: what do you mean by normal bug list?07:27
ScottKLaserJock: I've got an unrelated issue for you with your motu-science hat on ...  We now (for the first time) have a python-scipy that builds with the current python-numpy.  I can tell you it builds, but not if it actually works.  Now would be a good time for some of you sciency types to test it...  It might be a good topic for your shiny new mailing list.07:28
geserLaserJock: the "generic" buglist e.g. https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xchat/+bugs07:28
LaserJockScottK: ah, thanks.07:30
LaserJockgeser: so if the main task gets closed, even if other tasks are open, it doesn't show up?07:31
geseronly at the bugs list for the distro07:31
LaserJockfor example, the main task is "Fix Released" but there is a Feisty or Edgy task that is still "Confirmed"07:31
geserI've an old example: bug #5856407:32
ubotuLaunchpad bug 58564 in php4-yaz "php4-yaz won't install (broken dependency)" [Medium,Fix committed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/5856407:32
=== txwikinger [n=txwiking@sblug/member/txwikinger] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== apachelogger [n=me@M3099P011.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-motu
pochuLaserJock: right, though they will show up on bugs.lp.net/ubuntu/feisty and bugs.lp.net/ubuntu/feisty/+source/<package>07:33
geserit only appears on https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/dapper/+source/php4-yaz/ but not on https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php4-yaz/+bugs07:33
pochuof course change feisty with <release>07:33
=== TomaszD_ [n=tom@unaffiliated/tomaszd] has joined #ubuntu-motu
leonelkeescook:  can the   bug #115687 be raised  as security update ?07:33
ubotuLaunchpad bug 115687 in sun-java6 "java6 update1 is released, please update" [Low,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11568707:33
LaserJockgeser: is there a bug report for that?07:34
geserLaserJock: will look07:34
slytherinDoes anyone have any plan for packaging 'fop' from apache's xmlgraphics project?07:34
ScottKslytherin: Look for a needs-packaging bug on LP.07:35
slytherinScottK: Ok.07:35
ScottKIf you decide to work on it slytherin, then file one that says so so no one else starts...07:36
keescookleonel: sure, mark it as such and attach any CVEs you can find for it.07:36
slytherinScottK: I am very new to packaging and I don't know what is usually policy for java bsed apps.07:36
LaserJockslytherin: I don't think fop is able to make it into the repos07:37
leonelkeescook: and ... that update how can be done  ?  it' depends  from the jdk distros    or  is there a team working on that package ?07:37
LaserJockslytherin: it *might* be able to go into Multiverse. You should check to make sure Ubuntu is free to distribute it07:37
slytherinLaserJock: Why, is there any problem with it's licensing?07:37
leonelkeescook: there's a lock in  importance   07:37
keescookleonel: I have no idea.  perhaps ask doko?07:38
leonelkeescook:  ok07:38
leoneldoko: ping 07:38
LaserJockslytherin: yes07:38
slytherinLaserJock: :-(07:39
dokoubuntu usually follows debian policy for java packages07:39
=== cypherbios [n=cypher@ubuntu/member/cypherbios] has joined #ubuntu-motu
slytherinLaserJock: I have no idea about why fop should be in multiverse. Anyway, I will file a bug. Let's see if anyone picks up.07:40
LaserJockslytherin: it isn't Free in the Debian sense07:41
slytherinLaserJock: Please give me particular reason. I am not very familiar with Debian's definition of Free.07:41
LaserJockslytherin: I don't remember the particulars07:44
slytherinLaserJock: Ok.07:44
LaserJockslytherin: http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines07:44
=== luisbg [n=d33p@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
leoneland how can we get  the sun-java fixed ?07:49
leonelwhat can I do ?07:49
slytherinleonel: What do you mean by fixed?07:49
=== aquo [n=aquo@dslb-088-073-202-012.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
leonelslytherin: get http://download.java.net/dlj/binaries/jdk-6u1-dlj-linux-i586.sh   packaged for ubuntu 07:51
Nafallomy routing to aurora is kind of strange :-)07:52
leonelslytherin:  it fixes  bug #115687 07:52
ubotuLaunchpad bug 115687 in sun-java6 "java6 update1 is released, please update" [Low,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11568707:52
Nafallo 8:  asymm 14 173.338ms 07:52
Nafallo1684234849:   asymm 13 -184817.-421ms 07:52
Nafallo10:  asymm 11 213.238ms 07:52
aquois there some documentation on remastering ubuntu install media?07:52
slytherinleonel: I don't think it will make to fiesty. Is that affecting your work?07:53
leonelnot my work  07:54
leonelslytherin: my   net surfing   since I have the javaplugin enabled07:54
ScottKOnce it's in Gutsy it might be possible to get it in feisty-backports07:54
leonelslytherin:  and  many  users  out there07:54
slytherinleonel: The reason I asked, what fix do you think in the new release is essential for standard users?07:55
aquoif you don't have any clue for me, maybe can you give me contact information to somebody who is responsible for mastering install media ...07:56
aquodoes anybody know where i can find the xubuntu seeds for germinate?07:56
LaserJockaquo: you can find info on remastering on the wiki07:56
aquoLaserJock: where?07:57
LaserJockaquo: and the seeds are at launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/+branches07:57
leonelslytherin: http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-26-102934-107:57
aquoLaserJock: that are just the seeds for ubuntu07:58
LaserJockaquo: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LiveCDCustomization and https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallCDCustomization07:58
LaserJockaquo: no07:58
LaserJockaquo: that has seeds for all the official derivs07:58
aquoah, nice07:58
aquothat is what i searched fo.07:58
=== cbx33 [n=pete@ubuntu/member/cbx33] has joined #ubuntu-motu
slytherinleonel: Then mark that bug as 'security vulnerability' bug07:58
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has left #ubuntu-motu []
cbx33any people wanting to discuss vcsfrenzy we're meeintg now in #vcsfrenzy08:02
slytherinleonel: I added the CVE link to that bug08:02
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@a81-197-38-57.elisa-laajakaista.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== highvoltage [n=highvolt@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jussi01evening all08:07
leonelslytherin:  great !   do you think   we can get the new  java 6 ?08:07
leonelslytherin: or  what can I do  to get it done ?08:07
slytherinleonel: I am not a motu, just another user. Al you can do is wait.08:08
leonelslytherin:  :(08:10
=== jussi01 slaps annoying copyright stuff...
leonelScottK: do you have a buildable clamav  0.90.3  package  for  dapper 08:11
=== leonel slaps annoying waits :)
=== aldo [n=caruso@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== slomo [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKleonel: I haven't built one, but it's not hard.08:15
ScottKThere are only two changed you need to make in debian/control.08:15
Nafalloaurora down?08:15
leonelScottK: so  replace  the source and edit  deban/control  from the  88.2 ?08:16
ScottKleonel: No.08:16
ScottKI'll tell you the change, just need a second to look it up.08:16
leonelScottK: not urgent !08:17
leonelScottK:  i mean  not need to be now  just  i'd like  to have  a buildable  a newer clamav for dapper  and  keep the latest  there 08:17
=== blueyed [n=daniel@i5387EC3D.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKleonel: You need to change the build-dep for dpkg-dev to match the version in Dapper and change the dep in one of the binary packages from {binary:Version} to {source:Version} (or something very close to that) and it should work.  I did it with
slytherinslomo: ping08:19
=== DarkMageZ [n=richard@ppp59-167-30-126.lns1.syd6.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== finalbeta_ [n=gggggggg@d54C6865D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dpm_ [n=dpm@p54A14133.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Martinp23 [n=Martinp2@wikimedia/Martinp23] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bmmzakame: If you get back online, I've uploaded a new version of an earlier advocation by you, adapting for the comments given. See http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5685 if you have some spare time. Thanks!08:29
leonelScottK:  I had problems  with clamav-test  package08:31
leonelScottK: thank you 08:31
=== Kmos [n=gothicx@unaffiliated/kmos] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== stratus [i=stratus@conference/debconf/x-99f9eb1970793fff] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bueroman [n=setanta@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== r00tintheb0x [n=r00tinth@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== slytherin [n=Salazar@] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== fraco [n=fraco@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== DktrKranz [n=Luca@ubuntu/member/dktrkranz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Sindwiller [n=sindwill@84-75-101-114.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-MOTU
=== gizmo [n=gizmo@xdsl-87-78-87-184.netcologne.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== PhinnFort [n=martin@cC3ED5AC1.dhcp.bluecom.no] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== vil [n=vladimir@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
tsmithehi; could i ask for some reviews?09:07
=== tsmithe gets the list of packages in question
tsmithein fact, hang on...09:08
=== mshima [n=mshima@200-138-95-34.mganm702.dsl.brasiltelecom.net.br] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mshimaScootK: man page is needed for grandr?09:13
mshimaScootK: There is no command parameter09:14
ScottKmshima: Yes for the man page.09:17
=== Monk-e [i=guido-de@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKmshima: Even if the man page is just a stub that points you to where the real information is, it's still required by policy.09:18
mshimaScootK: Ok09:19
=== ScottK didn't enjoy that particular policy very much when I started packaging either, but it's there and it actually makes sense even if it is annoying.
ScottKmshima: ScottK, not ScootK.  Tab completion is your friend.09:19
mshimaScottK: thks09:20
=== somerville32 [n=cody-som@ubuntu/member/somerville32] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i59F71132.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== acaruso [n=caruso@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
gesermshima: are you aware of the Debian ITP for grandr? http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2007/06/msg01044.html09:32
geserand there is a applet for the gnome panel which is also called grandr (but luckily is installed in /usr/lib/gnome-panel/)09:35
mshimageser: Didn't know09:37
mshimageser: This means Ubuntu will wait for debian package?09:38
=== Subhuman [n=jack@host86-144-223-188.range86-144.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
gesernot necessarily, you can still package it09:39
geserbut it's better to work with Debian on it to not duplicate work09:40
=== Bassetts [n=Bassetts@5ac2dd74.bb.sky.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKSince we are past Debian import freeze for Gutsy, there's no harm in finishing the package here for Gutsy and then working with the Debian packager to get into Debian.  You just synch over the Ubuntu package for Gutsy +109:41
mshimahow dh_installman works?09:43
=== Monk-e [i=guido-de@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Kmosmshima: man dh_installman09:44
ScottKin debian/rules a line that says dh_installman [filename_with_path_in_the_package] 09:44
geserScottK: we still can sync packages from Debian but is has to be requested by a bug09:46
gesernew packages can be synced till end of august09:46
ScottKgeser: Yes.  That's true.  He could do it either way.09:46
somerville32Whats the command to filter patches?09:46
ScottKIt certainly wouldn't hurt to e-mail the person that filed the ITP and discuss it.09:47
geserthe ITP was done by David Nusinow, part (or even head) of the Debian X.org Team09:48
=== d33p__ [n=d33p@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKWell that's a good argument for letting him do it if his schedule supports Gutsy.  Lenny's got a long run to go so he may not be on our timeline.09:51
=== porthose [n=chatzill@24-119-100-168.cpe.cableone.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dharrigan [n=dharriga@82-71-62-76.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@dsl-hkibras1-ff55c300-121.dhcp.inet.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== TomaszD [n=tom@unaffiliated/tomaszd] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKApparently we've been defying Microsoft again: http://news.digitaltrends.com/news/story/13317/ubuntu_defies_microsoft although the story appears to be poorly researched in some aspects (read the comments), so who knows.10:06
=== mok0 [n=mok@56346690.rev.stofanet.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mok0 [n=mok@56346690.rev.stofanet.dk] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== mok0 [n=mok@56346690.rev.stofanet.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mshimano lintian warnings :)10:10
ScottKmshima: For the .deb too?10:13
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@a81-197-38-57.elisa-laajakaista.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mshimaScottK: Didn't try10:14
ScottKmshima: Do that.  That's where the last batch I commented on came from.10:14
mshimaScottK: Ok10:14
=== luisbg [n=d33p@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mshimaScottK: 1 more10:20
mshimaScottK: done10:21
ScottKMake sure the new package builds and check the .deb again...10:21
=== grayman [n=grayman@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mshimabuilt ok, installed ok, trying at pbuilder now10:23
mshimabuilt successfully at pbuilder10:24
tsmithedoes a new package to ubuntu have to have a changelog with only one entry? ubuntu studio's art packages have more than one as they've been around for a while, in a separate repository10:24
tsmithei'm currently looking at getting them reviewed and uploaded10:25
mshimaScottK: lintian (source and binary) ok, pbuilder ok.. anything else?10:27
=== macd [n=d@adsl-6-126-12.msy.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mok0 [n=mok@56346690.rev.stofanet.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKmshima: Probably not.  I don't have time to look at it again now, however.10:28
mshimaScottK: no problem10:29
ScottKtsmithe: Not sure if they HAVE to, but that's generally how it's done.10:29
tsmitheok. i'd rather not mangle them, really10:29
=== stratus_ [i=stratus@conference/debconf/x-f2972def83155eba] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKtsmithe: From an Ubuntu perspective, the packages are new, so it's really irrelevant.  If you want to preserve the history, put it on a web site somewhere.10:38
tsmithehmm ok10:38
tsmithethey are going to be native as well, so i guess i will10:38
ScottKmshima: Took a look at the diff.  From your man page.. "+grandr \- program to do something" - A little too generic I think.  Additionally, it's probably worth at least mentioning how to start the program (even if it's click on the buttin in $SECTION of the menu).10:40
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mok0 [n=mok@56346690.rev.stofanet.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== luisbg [n=d33p@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== PhinnFort [n=martin@unaffiliated/phinnfort] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Konversation]
mshimaI have changed that10:48
mshimaone minute10:50
=== vil [n=vladimir@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0Heh! I have a clean slate now. Seven packages in REVU, revised and ready for another round of reviewing.10:51
mshimaScottK: don't have a .desktop for now10:52
=== ogra_ [n=ogra@p548ACAC1.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKmshima: How does one start the program then?10:52
mshimaterminal :) I will create a .desktop10:53
=== Spec[x] [n=nwheeler@charon.devis.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKmshima: However one starts it ought to be in the man page.10:53
=== neversfelde [n=neversfe@nrbg-4db4400d.pool.einsundeins.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mshimaScottK: should I put this in the Description?11:01
ScottKNo, in the man page.11:01
mshimaIn the description in the man page11:02
ScottKOh.  11:02
ScottKI'd add a section for it.11:02
ScottKmok0: Congratulations on getting your first package into Ubuntu.11:03
=== lousygarua [n=amir@89-139-244-58.bb.netvision.net.il] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0ScottK: yay!11:06
mok0Time for a beer :-)11:06
=== gizmo [n=gizmo@xdsl-87-78-5-72.netcologne.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== poningru wants beer
=== Acksys [n=acksys@cpe-071-070-081-128.sc.res.rr.com] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== mok0 offers a virtual beer
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C6865D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lousygarua grabs beer
LaserJockBurgundavia: fine, I'm here11:13
BurgundaviaLaserJock: right, that bug11:13
ubotuLaunchpad bug 809 in launchpad "Easy way to request packages" [Wishlist,Confirmed]  11:14
LaserJockhi ajmitch 11:14
=== ajmitch grovels
BurgundaviaI would just close it, if that workflow works for the MOTU11:14
=== _MMA_ [n=mma@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
LaserJockBurgundavia: I think it does11:14
mshimaScottK: uploaded11:15
ajmitchLaserJock: it's ok,  by the time I care enough to get back to ubuntu, my -dev & -core-dev membership will have expired :)11:15
LaserJockBurgundavia: we've replaced that big scary wiki page with https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Packages/Candidates11:15
=== nrpil [n=nrpil@s5591f679.adsl.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Burgundaviaclosed bug and marked spec as obsolete11:21
Specyeah, i am obsolete.11:22
LaserJockBurgundavia: coolio11:24
BurgundaviaSpec: you chose the nick :)11:25
=== reggaemanu__ [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-146-140.w86-210.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Martinp23_ [n=Martinp2@wikimedia/Martinp23] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== reggaemanu [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-146-140.w86-210.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Nightrose [n=lydia@amarok/rokymotion/nightrose] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Konversation]
=== Nightrose [n=lydia@amarok/rokymotion/nightrose] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Toadstoolwow, Hobbsee and LaserJock core devs? congrats'!11:36
bashelierdoko: around?11:36
=== Toadstool is catching up on what happened recently
Toadstoolbashelier: if it is about gcc, I think there is an #ubuntu-toolchain chan11:36
bashelierToadstool: ok thanks :)11:37
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xxxxx1bye all!11:41
somerville32Toadstool!! :)11:45
=== d33p__ [n=d33p@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
SpecBurgundavia: years and years ago, when i was 13 and didn't know about linux ^.^11:46
FujitsuYou didn't know about Linux when you were 13? Aw...11:47
qballdid linux exist then?11:47
ScottKIt certainly didn't exist when I was 13.11:48
ScottKWhen I was 13, I think there were S100 bus 8080 computers available, but certinaly no Linux.11:48
ScottKAnd I had to walk to school through the snow up hill, both ways... ;-)11:49
=== bersace [n=bersace@did75-13-82-243-217-90.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
qballScottK: up hill both coming and going to school?11:49
Fujitsuqball: Yes, the topology biased itself against people walking. Those were the days!11:50
mok0ScottK: Why didn't you walk in the opposite direction? 11:51
=== blueyed [n=daniel@i5387EC3D.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== somerville32 cheers as he makes progress
Toadstoolhey somerville32 12:01
somerville32How are you?12:01
Toadstoolquite good, you?12:02
jribanyone willing to be the second reviewer of http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5639 ?  Thanks in advance12:06
somerville32I'm doing alright :)12:06
nixternalMOTU: bug 121640 needs an upload please...thanks12:11
ubotuLaunchpad bug 121640 in ksensors "Please merge Ksensors (0.7.3-14) from Debian(main)" [Undecided,New]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12164012:11

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!