=== tmske [n=thomas@dD5763506.access.telenet.be] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== RadiantFire [n=ryan@ip68-230-209-186.rd.hr.cox.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== goldenear [n=goldenea@2001:0:53aa:64c:0:7fff:ad1e:de45] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Lure_ is now known as Lure
=== giangy_ [i=giangy@voyager.techtemple.org] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-187-102.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
jussi01hello everyone01:32
jussi01Im just wondering if there is an eta for kdm in gutsy to be fixed?01:32
=== kwwii [n=kwwii@khepri.openbios.org] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== xRaich[o] 2x [n=raichoo@i5387D879.versanet.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
xerosisjussi01: fixed?01:44
jussi01xerosis: yeah... sorry...01:45
Tm_Txerosis: ping01:46
xerosisTm_T: pong?01:46
=== jack_wyt [n=jack@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== fdoving [n=frode@ubuntu/member/frode] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== siretart [i=siretart@ubuntu/member/siretart] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== IanC26 [n=IanC26@2002:cb36:1cf8:4:216:6fff:fe39:ff6e] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== haggai [n=halls@credativ.bcnadsl.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== goldenear [n=goldenea@2001:0:53aa:64c:0:7fff:ad1e:de45] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== cynics [n=cynics@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Lure [n=lure@89-212-19-55.dynamic.dsl.t-2.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== jack_wyt [n=jack@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== hunger_t [n=tobias@p54A71ECC.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== n8k99_ [n=nathan@dsl254-078-190.nyc1.dsl.speakeasy.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== rraphink [i=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== BentJ [n=BentJ@port46.ds1-esp.adsl.cybercity.dk] has joined #kubuntu-devel
nixternallibcurl4-gnutls broke amarok :(05:43
=== rraphink [i=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #kubuntu-devel
ScottKHello Hobbsee06:32
ScottKYou missed me thumping one of your favorite MOTUs for a screwed up merge.  The good news is once thumped he came up with a patch.06:33
Hobbseewho was it?06:35
HobbseeLongPointyStick: still exists, anyway06:35
ajmitchwasn't me!06:38
=== giangy_ is now known as giangy
Hobbseeanyone got any patches for kdelibs?06:55
=== jonasp [i=jonas@i59F73FFC.versanet.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Knightlust [n=Dax@ubuntu/member/knightlust] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== _marseillais [n=marseill@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== fritsch [i=wMVxIZJ6@nat-wh-1.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== mbiebl [n=michael@e180069185.adsl.alicedsl.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== viviersf [n=cain@gw.impilinux.co.za] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Lure_ [n=lure@external-1.hermes.si] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== _StefanS_ [n=sfs@cpe.atm2-0-90156.0x5734b54a.naenxx14.customer.tele.dk] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== cynics [n=cynics@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Hobbsee_StefanS_: going to be at the meeting?09:12
_StefanS_Hobbsee: yes, I just have to figure what local it is09:12
_StefanS_local time09:12
Hobbseecool :)09:13
=== goldenear [n=goldenea@2001:0:53aa:64c:0:7fff:ad1e:de45] has joined #kubuntu-devel
_StefanS_Hobbsee: whats that utc time converter called?09:20
Hobbsee_StefanS_: timeanddate.com09:20
Hobbsee_StefanS_: or @schedule <city>09:21
Hobbsee@schedule sydney09:21
ubotuSchedule for Australia/Sydney: 05 Jul 00:00: Kubuntu Developers | 05 Jul 06:00: Edubuntu | 06 Jul 06:00: Ubuntu Development Team | 11 Jul 01:00: Kernel Team | 11 Jul 22:00: Edubuntu | 13 Jul 01:00: Ubuntu Development Team09:21
_StefanS_@schedule copenhagen09:23
ubotuSchedule for Europe/Copenhagen: 04 Jul 16:00: Kubuntu Developers | 04 Jul 22:00: Edubuntu | 05 Jul 22:00: Ubuntu Development Team | 10 Jul 17:00: Kernel Team | 11 Jul 14:00: Edubuntu | 12 Jul 17:00: Ubuntu Development Team09:23
Hobbseethere you go :)09:25
Hobbseehrm, this is looking awfully like a hobbsee-meeting.09:26
Riddellet moi09:44
RiddellHobbsee: can you text me 10 mins before so I don't forget?  jriddell.org/contact.html09:44
HobbseeRiddell: sure :)09:44
HobbseeRiddell: er, do i need  acountry code based on that?09:45
HobbseeRiddell: or is it just +07....09:45
_StefanS_how long is the meeting today? an hour or so?09:45
Hobbsee_StefanS_: should be.09:45
Hobbsee_StefanS_: might be shorter, looking at that09:45
_StefanS_uhm ok, I probably only be in for 30mins or so09:46
_marseillais@schedule paris09:47
ubotuSchedule for Europe/Paris: 04 Jul 16:00: Kubuntu Developers | 04 Jul 22:00: Edubuntu | 05 Jul 22:00: Ubuntu Development Team | 10 Jul 17:00: Kernel Team | 11 Jul 14:00: Edubuntu | 12 Jul 17:00: Ubuntu Development Team09:47
HobbseeRiddell: oh, replace 0 with +44.  and this already seems to be in my phone.  cool09:48
=== Hobbsee isnt used to texting/calling people overseas yet
Hobbseealthough i've learnt to give out mine with the +61 in front, now09:49
=== haggai [n=halls@credativ.bcnadsl.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== xerosis [n=kieran@cpc2-shep5-0-0-cust722.lei3.cable.ntl.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Nightrose [n=lydia@port-87-234-150-228.dynamic.qsc.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== hunger_t [n=tobias@pd95b0676.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== jpetso [i=jpetso@conference/kde/aKademy/x-53e04dc46fd5695a] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== IanC26 [n=IanC26@2002:908b:a5e7:4:216:6fff:fe39:ff6e] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== jpetso [i=jpetso@conference/kde/aKademy/x-3c021afac9c7bea8] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@mst45-2-82-242-83-37.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_Riddell: is there any reason kds depends on xterm now ? I thik that was for the package installer/service menu right ?11:32
Tonio_Riddell: then we can get rid of it I guess11:32
RiddellTonio_: that can go then11:32
Tonio_Riddell: yup11:35
Tonio_Riddell: I'll do it today, I'm on my contrib day so let's go !!11:35
Tonio_Riddell: I'll also prepare a MIR for kdebluetooth, needs a new builddep in universe11:35
Tonio_Riddell: isn't a -dev package always supposed to depend on the associated lib ? I think there is an issue with the obewftp lib11:55
Riddellyes, it should11:55
Tonio_Riddell: okay so that looks wrong.... can you just give me your opinion reguarding to this one :11:56
Tonio_Riddell: http://paste.tonio.homelinux.org/14611:56
Tonio_Riddell: this is the control file.... pretty important since this one is the one requiring a MIR11:57
RiddellTonio_: is that complete, where is libopenobex1-dev?11:57
Tonio_Riddell: it is another lib/tarball11:59
Tonio_Riddell: in my opinion the first package should be renamed to libxxx and then the -dev should depend on it11:59
Tonio_btw I don't understand why is the other -dev added manually, that's ldh_shlibsdeps work....11:59
Riddellso what's in libobexftp-dev?12:00
Riddellhow is it different from libopenobex1-dev?12:00
Tonio_Riddell: don't know exactly, that's the funny thing.....12:00
=== vprints [i=laur@conference/kde/aKademy/x-6ad001d8ee94105b] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_Riddell: I have to investigate, but I guess a MIR won't be accepted if we don't repackage this one ;)12:01
Tonio_Riddell: I've lost my kubuntu-meta tree, can you remind me of the sftp address for bzr ? or the project it is attached to on launchpad ?12:18
Tonio_Riddell: nevermind, just found it ;)12:20
=== tmske [n=thomas@d54C0D13F.access.telenet.be] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== abattoir_ [n=abattoir@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== raphink [n=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== tmske [n=thomas@d54C0D13F.access.telenet.be] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== neversfelde|mobi [n=neversfe@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
haggaiRiddell: hope it's all going well up there. I've just done a ML admin run, looks like we have both been too busy recently to do it :)01:11
=== Stecchino [i=bart@conference/kde/aKademy/x-a6465acc2d70df34] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== TheInfinity [n=TheInfin@p508F0D64.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== cmvo [n=cmvo@ex4.73a.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== hunger_t is now known as hunger
=== neversfelde|mobi [n=neversfe@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_fdoving: the kio umountwrapper mir was not added to the queue page......... therefore couldn't be released01:36
Tonio_fdoving: just done it01:37
alleeTonio_: svn://svn.debian.org/pkg-kde/kde-extras/kdebluetooth/trunk/   + patch with KDE svn fixes.01:41
Tonio_allee: super :)01:44
Tonio_allee wanted to talk with you about this )01:44
Tonio_allee testing this now01:44
Tonio_allee should we update with a patch or merghe the patch and release a svn snapshot ?01:45
=== sahin_h [n=ezaz@dsl5400DBD4.pool.t-online.hu] has joined #kubuntu-devel
alleeTonio_: the KDE fixes are in via patch.  I've checked right now and the only 'remove configure &services' and a minor fix01:47
alleeare added in svn01:47
Tonio_allee so maybe we should just package from svn then no ?01:47
alleeTonio_: dgollub told me that he will (try to) work on kdebluetooth again this week.  I've perstered with some bugs already01:48
Tonio_great news01:48
alleeTonio_: everytime a new (unofficial) tarball is not worth the trouble.  todays fixes patch would be:01:48
Tonio_allee in fact my plan was to get the package in and get people involved in fixing issues by kubuntu-devel ML01:48
allee(0) ~/src/kdebluetooth/svn $ less svn.diff | wc -l01:48
=== meduxa [n=agustin@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_allee so ?01:49
alleeTonio_: before upload try if you can pair a mouse.  Did crash for me (feisty and gutsy)01:49
Tonio_allee I won't upload today we need to get a lib to main before01:50
Tonio_allee btw what kind of thing would you suggest ?01:50
alleeTonio_: which lib?01:50
=== Czessi [n=Czessi@dslb-088-073-028-215.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
alleeTonio_: wait one or two weeks and see what dgollub can fix in the meantime.  All bugs listed in debian/changelog are known to him and on his list to fix01:51
Tonio_allee so let's wait a bit, prepare packages and hope it's going on the good way01:51
Tonio_allee in the meantime, get the lib in main, and decide what to do in 2 weeks, right ?01:51
Tonio_alleeI'll also try to get kmobiletools packaged for gutsy01:52
alleeTonio_: right.  As is  kdebluetooth is promising but to crash (at least for me)01:52
Tonio_allee true01:52
Tonio_allee btw getting the package in gutsy and pushing people to help is a good way to get patches quickly01:52
alleeTonio_: where's you pkg?   I can merge into alioth tonight01:53
Tonio_allee hum, no need of this, it is almost identical to the alioth one01:53
Tonio_allee in fact I used the alioth base to package :)01:53
Tonio_just for local test01:54
alleeTonio_: tata :)01:54
Tonio_allee hehe ;)01:54
=== tmske [n=thomas@d54C0D13F.access.telenet.be] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== meven [n=meven@ARennes-357-1-148-2.w90-25.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== xerosis_ [n=kieran@cpc2-shep5-0-0-cust722.lei3.cable.ntl.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== neversfelde|mobi [n=neversfe@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Riddellhaggai: oh, what was needing done?02:38
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee pokles the topic
RiddellHobbsee: e-mail kubuntu-devel about the meeting02:50
Tonio_Riddell, Hobbsee: http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/kalsamix?content=56840&PHPSESSID=f47e325a832a5f5988cfa81129270d4202:50
Tonio_Riddell: said to be much better than kmix..... deserves a try I'd say02:50
HobbseeRiddell: have done so before, but will do again02:51
Riddellbetter in which way?02:51
Tonio_Riddell: UI looks like "human readable" ;)02:51
Tonio_Riddell: kmix is a nightmare to understand reguarding to the record, line in part02:51
Tonio_Riddell: I'm packaging ktorrent stable released yesterday02:52
Tonio_Riddell: and then give a ry at that alsamix02:52
Tonio_Hobbsee: I'm sorry for this, but I think I'd like to rediscuss the /media VS media:/ in the meeting :)02:54
=== Hobbsee comes back, with dinner
Tonio_Hobbsee: is that of any problem ?02:54
HobbseeTonio_: please do.  please do.02:55
HobbseeTonio_: i was going to add it to the agenda, but i forgot.02:55
Tonio_oki ;)02:55
Tonio_Hobbsee: we are coming close to LTS quality, and those patches are not maintain, not even mature....02:55
Hobbseeeither those patches get pulled, or they get fixed, and i want a commitment on who's going to do them, and when by, as anything else doesnt seem to work.02:55
=== Hobbsee takes her release manager's hat off again
Tonio_Hobbsee: I'd just say "drop them" :) that's my opinion ;)02:56
HobbseeTonio_: that's what i'm leaning for - but hey, if someone's going to fix them, and actually get them fixed, and they work better than teh default, then i wont say no to that either02:57
Tonio_Hobbsee: some part of this cannot be fixed anyway02:57
Tonio_Hobbsee: just go in /media and look02:57
Tonio_you have a "cdrom0" folder02:57
Tonio_always there, despite there is or not a cd02:58
Tonio_same with floppy etc....02:58
Tonio_Hobbsee: no way to see the devices like hard drives, and the list of those issues is long02:58
Hobbseeright, yeah02:58
Tonio_and btw, use or mandriva users don't seem to really, really be bored by the fact very rare gtk apps fail to use the media:/ protocol....02:59
Tonio_Hobbsee: they have problems with gimp ? USE KRITA !02:59
HobbseeTonio_: heh, yes03:00
HobbseeTonio_: i dont think too highly of that kalsamix, tbh - doesnt look very shiny, etc - and you've still got to know the difference between the recording and listening section03:00
Tonio_Hobbsee: just building this, I'll let you know my feeling :)03:01
Tonio_Hobbsee: did you play with dolphin ?03:02
Hobbseeit's really nice!03:02
Tonio_Hobbsee: there is one thiing I really, really miss in it, is the effects while opening a folder03:02
HobbseeTonio_: i also dumped a thread on the forums asking which people preferred03:02
Hobbseeah yes03:02
Tonio_Hobbsee: I have to package dolphin 0.9 and provide a default config in kds for this03:02
Tonio_Hobbsee: also we still have a big limitation with dolphin : ark support03:03
Tonio_Hobbsee: we have to write a servicemenu for this03:03
Hobbseeah right03:03
=== xerosis_ [n=kieran@cpc2-shep5-0-0-cust722.lei3.cable.ntl.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_the problem with servicemenus is that they are fixed.... no way to get the options dynamically added depending what you have installed on the machine03:04
Tonio_so do we add "rar" support for example or not ?03:04
Tonio_that's a big problem03:04
Tonio_Hobbsee: and last thing, how do we easilly switch the default from konqueror to dolphin03:05
Tonio_Hobbsee: I think that require a bit of coding for the defualt applications chooser kcm module03:05
HobbseeTonio_: i have no idea.  it's not in system settings, it seems03:05
Tonio_Hobbsee: that's what I meant :)03:05
HobbseeTonio_: what do you do for a web browser though?03:05
Tonio_Hobbsee: well tehnically, what's to be done is simple change the mimetype association : inode/directory from konqueror to dolphin :)03:05
Hobbseeah, point, yes03:06
Tonio_Hobbsee: but we need to let people do hat graphically03:06
Tonio_Hobbsee: I wouldn't probably let dolphin by default on gutsy, maybe gutsy+103:06
Tonio_so that people would get used to it for gutsy+2/kde403:06
Hobbseei hear that kde3 dolphin is far worse than 403:06
Tonio_Hobbsee: it is03:07
Tonio_Hobbsee: btw, I've been able to grab a part of the dolphin/kde4 code and use it in kde3 :)03:07
Tonio_Hobbsee: also there is d3lphin03:07
Tonio_Hobbsee: dolphin fork to add missing kde4 features03:07
Tonio_Hobbsee: we'll probably use this one soon03:08
Tonio_Hobbsee: as soon I get the key of the stupid naming issue03:08
Tonio_Hobbsee: okay kaslamix isn't that genius..... let's forget this and focus on d3lphin03:09
=== cynics [n=cynics@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
cynicsTonio_: found you upload scim, actrually scim-setup entry is not the same as skim03:17
Tonio_cynics: hum, you mean ?03:19
cynicsTonio_: some one may choose use scim under kubuntu03:19
cynicsTonio_: we'd better keep it03:20
Tonio_cynics: the -setup thing is for gtk03:20
Tonio_cynics: I didn't remove it, just hide the kmenu entry03:20
Tonio_scim-setup still works03:20
Tonio_I mean the command line thing03:20
cynicsTonio_: yes, but if some one want to use scim, but not skim, he may not find it03:21
Tonio_cynics: did you see what I removed ?03:21
Tonio_cynics: I just hide the gtk-config tool entry from the kmenu03:21
cynicscli dosen't suite for everyone03:21
cynicsTonio_: I see, it will be hiden under KDE03:21
Tonio_cynics: yeah, but corrupting the kmenu suits to everyone03:22
Tonio_btw this desktop file is tagged for gnome menu, so it creates a new "config" submenu in kmenu, which is useless03:22
Tonio_cynics: btw, people using scim and explicitly wanting to tweak gtk on a kde desktop are rare :)03:23
Tonio_cynics: should we install the gnome-system-tools then ? :)03:23
cynicsTonio_: because you seldom use scim, so you will not know many guy will choose scim under KDE03:24
Tonio_cynics: what would you suggest then ?03:26
Tonio_get the kmenu crap for everyone because some people, for a very specific need, want to use a software that is not designed for their desktop ?03:27
Tonio_cynics: the problem is that we have to make choices bu default03:27
Tonio_cynics: I'm not hiding scim, just the gtk-setup thing03:27
Tonio_and I'm sorry, people using kde are not supposed to tweak their gtk-settings03:27
HobbseeTonio_: on that ntoe, do we want to include a patch to amarok so that gnome users can use the global key settings?03:28
Tonio_cynics: if the tool would do something else, I'd not remove it, but it is just to configure gtk03:28
Tonio_Hobbsee: whic patch is that ?03:28
HobbseeTonio_: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/9427203:28
ubotuLaunchpad bug 94272 in amarok "Global shortcuts not working" [Undecided,New] 03:28
Tonio_Hobbsee: sure03:29
Tonio_Hobbsee: btw amarokapp: /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4: version `CURL_GNUTLS_4' not found (required by /usr/lib/libtunepimp.so.5)03:29
HobbseeTonio_: known03:30
Tonio_Hobbsee: maybe we should just let amarok work and then consider fixing bugs :)03:30
Tonio_Hobbsee: is someone working on this03:30
HobbseeTonio_: it's libtunepimp and such.  it's being fixed.03:30
mhbgood afternoon03:34
Hobbseehiya mhb03:34
Tonio_hello mhb ;)03:34
xerosis_hey mhb03:36
mhbwe don't have many things to discuss at the meeting, do we?03:36
Hobbseemhb: no.  feel free to add03:36
cynicsTonio_: it dosen't configure gtk, just a gtk fronted of scim for set up03:36
Tonio_cynics: are we talking about scim-setup ?03:42
Tonio_cynics: http://tonio.homelinux.org/temp/capture13.png03:43
=== Hobbsee so sleepy...
=== Hobbsee falls asleep on Tonio_'s shoulder.
Tonio_Hobbsee: hehe :)03:43
HobbseeTonio_: good thing i didtn quite do that on the bus trip back :P03:44
Tonio_cynics: unless I missunderstand how the tool works....03:44
Tonio_cynics: that talks about toolbar to display etc..... is that supposed to work in kde-apps too ?03:45
=== Lure_ is now known as Lure
Tonio_hi Lure03:46
Tonio_Hobbsee: fancy testing dolphon 0.9 ? ;)03:46
HobbseeTonio_: got a deb?03:46
Tonio_cynics: can you explain me how this tool works, because afaicr, that's to tweak settings for gtk/gnome windows....03:47
cynicsTonio_: sure it can work under any kde03:48
Tonio_cynics: okay so how to get it to work ?03:48
Tonio_cynics: just so that I understand it ;)03:48
cynicsTonio_: it just configure scim it self03:48
cynicsTonio_: not any other gtk/gnome apps03:49
Tonio_cynics: how to ?03:49
cynicsTonio_: just run it, and then restart scim, its configure will work03:49
Tonio_cynics: /usr/lib/scim-1.0/scim-panel-gtk: error while loading shared libraries: libscim-gtkutils-1.0.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory03:50
Tonio_cynics: that's what happens when I start "scim"03:50
Tonio_cynics: that's because we miss dependancies03:50
Lurehi Tonio_03:51
Hobbseeokay, need coke.03:51
=== Hobbsee ponders the idea of coke at midnight
Tonio_cynics: which makes sense on a kde desktop, not to have the all gtk in it03:51
Hobbseehiya Lure!03:51
Tonio_cynics: that's my problem with it03:51
Lurehi Hobbsee - how is release mgmt going?03:51
Tonio_cynics: it won't work by default, and corrupts the kmenu03:51
cynicsTonio_: its a dependency issue03:51
HobbseeLure: it's good!  i think it's fun.  everyone else thinks i'm insane.03:51
HobbseeLure: it's a pity i dont have DC access at this point, though03:52
Tonio_cynics: yep, but having 2 scim tools installed/available by default will make it complicated the task for a user03:52
LureHobbsee: because they do not have pointy stick, so it is much harder for them ;-)03:52
Tonio_cynics: is there a good reason someone would want to use scim and not skim ?03:52
=== Hobbsee doesnt have to use the Long Pointy Stick of DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! most of the time
=== jpetso [i=jpetso@conference/kde/aKademy/x-9b5b87b6c5b883db] has joined #kubuntu-devel
LureHobbsee: just knowing that you have one is enough for me ;-)03:53
cynicsTonio_: the best way is hope the scim-1.6 can be released before gutsy released03:53
LureHobbsee:  there is meeting soon, right?03:53
HobbseeLure: yep.  7 mins.03:53
HobbseeLure: and i just have to stay awake for it...03:54
=== xerosis_ forgot it was UTC
Tonio_cynics: in the ideal situation, I'd say that scim shoudn't be installed by default, but it is as skim depends on it03:54
=== Lure is still at work, so not sure if I will be able to participate fully
Tonio_cynics: so what would you suggest to have a kmenu clean, no duplication, and so that people that want to use scim can do it easilly ?03:55
Tonio_cynics: in my opinion, for the very rare people that want to use scim and not skim, using one command line once just to configure it is acceptable03:55
=== xerosis_ is now known as xerosis
Tonio_cynics: or at least better that having a crap kmenu for everyone, addd to duplication03:55
cynicsTonio_: actrually many guy woll use scim under kubuntu03:56
Tonio_cynics: I'm ready to any proposal if you have a better idea...03:56
Tonio_cynics: yes but 99% of kubuntu users don't03:56
Tonio_cynics: and the scim thing goes in a stupid section of the kmenu03:56
Tonio_that's my problem with it....03:56
Tonio_cynics: as it is a gnome based tool it goes in a "configuration" section that doesn't exist in the kde world03:56
Riddell** meeting in 5 minutes03:58
Tonio_cynics: the solution would be to patch kdelibs to force scim-setup to go under system, but then it'll be horribly confusing for newbies because they would have 2 tools doing the same thing in the same kde section03:58
Tonio_Riddell: what would be your option on that point ?03:58
HobbseeRiddell: attempting to stay awake here...03:58
haggaiRiddell: just a load of unanswered admin reqs & messages03:59
Hobbseehi haggai03:59
Riddellhaggai: thanks03:59
haggaiHobbsee: hiya03:59
haggaiRiddell: no probs, it's the least I can do04:00
Tonio_cynics: there is indeed another option, but that's quite complicated04:01
Tonio_cynics: how about splitting the scim package, so that everything skim needs to work is in a scim-base package04:01
Riddellkwwii: #ubuntu-meeting if you want04:01
Tonio_then we don't have scim installed be default, so the people that want to use scim just have to install it and can now see it i nthe kmenu ?04:01
cynicsTonio_: we can not split scim more now, for libscim will depends on some gtk stuffs04:01
Tonio_cynics: wouldn't tht make sense ?04:02
Hobbsee--> meeting04:02
cynicsTonio_: yes04:02
Tonio_libscim depends on gtk stuff ? damn....04:02
=== yveslu [n=yves@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_cynics: I'm ready to find better solution with you after the meeting right ? :)04:02
cynicsTonio_: okey04:03
Tonio_cynics: but I hope you understand that we don't want a crappy kmenu ot of the box for 100% of the users, when 0.1% of them would need and want scim in the first place04:03
cynicsTonio_: me too04:03
=== yveslu [n=yves@] has left #kubuntu-devel ["Kopete]
Riddellseele: about?04:07
Hobbseecome to think of it...i should have probably announced the tribe 3 thing somewhere else apart from the kubuntu meeting first04:11
Hobbseeoh well04:11
=== xRaich[o] 2x [n=raichoo@i5387E831.versanet.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
RiddellHobbsee: :)04:20
HobbseeRiddell: :P04:21
HobbseeRiddell: like, maybe to -release first or something04:21
RiddellHobbsee: kubuntu is more important than -release :)04:21
HobbseeRiddell: heh04:22
HobbseeRiddell: there's wider plans than that, but they are staying secret04:22
=== claydoh [n=claydoh@66-252-49-185.dyn-adsl.midmaine.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
seeleRiddell: eh?04:42
seeleoooh.. "[are you out and]  about?"04:43
Riddellseele: oh hi, we're having a meeting in #ubuntu-meeting now, if you want to go for kubuntu membership (means you can get your blog on planet.ubuntu) do join in04:43
=== Jucato waves to seele :)
=== neversfelde|mobi [n=neversfe@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Jucatoseele: excuse me. I've been reading your KDE 4 HIG documents. I'm wondering if the 3 remaining Follow-up Work items have been finished? :)04:56
_marseillaiswho is maintainer of kubuntu-restricted metapackages? sorry i've no kubuntu at work.05:15
=== manchicken [n=manchkn@74-134-94-223.dhcp.insightbb.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Riddell_marseillais: Hobbsee05:16
manchickenStupid network connection went down yesterday.05:16
_marseillaisHobbsee, could think about adding libtunepimp5-mp3 to this metapackage?05:17
Hobbsee_marseillais: what for?05:17
Hobbseelibtunepimp5 is already there05:17
_marseillaisit's needed by amarok if you want to auto tag mp3 file with internet05:17
_marseillaisHobbsee, of course but it doesn't work for mp3 and amarok need it to update tag05:18
Hobbsee_marseillais: ah right.  can you file a bug on it and assign it to me?05:18
=== Hobbsee doesnt really want to do it tonight
_marseillaisHobbsee, no problems i mark it on my todo list for this evening when i come back home05:19
=== Ash-Fox [i=UNKNOWN@fgd182.internetdsl.tpnet.pl] has joined #Kubuntu-devel
mhbRiddell: sorry for not responding, I had to leave for a minute05:21
mhbabattoir: pokey05:23
nixternalHobbsee: it is your fault I didn't know about today's meeting :)05:26
Hobbseenixternal: you didnt read your email, then.05:26
Hobbseebut it was added to the topic late, yes.05:26
abattoirmhb: hi!05:26
abattoirHobbsee, nixternal too :)05:26
nixternalhowdy abattoir05:27
nixternalsomebody turned the heat on today...but I am staying green!05:27
nixternalthank god for the pool in the back yard05:27
mhbHobbsee: there will be an uprising against the stick of doom if you keep posting late announcements :o)05:27
Hobbseeit wasnt so late!05:28
=== Hobbsee just hates posting to mailing list
=== vlo [n=valentin@lsa1pc7.epfl.ch] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== manchicken [n=manchkn@74-134-94-223.dhcp.insightbb.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
mhbHobbsee: I am sorry, but we have to punish you ... with the only torture instrument we have available - minutes05:35
manchickenThe bcm43xx driver works beautifully... until it's time for backups to run.05:35
Hobbseemhb: now you be careful, else i'll voluntell you to do the next lot05:35
mhbHobbsee: I did the last one, remember?05:35
manchickenAs soon as that fat gzip process fires off, bcm43xx goes retarded.05:35
nixternalRiddell: Kubuntu turning KDE into an operating system - I am guessing this one is you? :)05:36
mhbHobbsee: well, are we the only two to do the minutes? :o)05:36
nixternalmanchicken: bcm43xx makes my wifi would out of the box now, however it isn't working to well just yet05:36
nixternalI am still using NdisWrapper05:36
Hobbseemhb: probably05:36
manchickennixternal: It works, sure.  I'm using it right now.05:36
Hobbseedont remember, ,tbh, especially not at htis time of night05:37
manchickenBut it is flakey with processor-heavy loads.05:37
nixternalmanchicken: Napverille Ribfest is the bomb this year. Saturday had George Thorogood, lastnight was Heart, and tonight is the Marshall Tucker Band05:37
manchickenThey had George Clinton at the taste a few years ago.05:37
nixternalgreat ribs, all kinds of local microbrews05:37
manchickenI saw him.  Man... what a disappointment that show was.05:37
nixternalhaha, I was there for GC at the Taste05:38
Hobbseemanchicken: please fix adept, kthxbye :)05:38
nixternalthat was the last time I went...to many people for me05:38
nixternalhaha Hobbsee05:38
Hobbseemanchicken: do you want some help with bug triage for that?05:38
manchickenHobbsee: As soon as I get my wireless working better I will.05:38
manchickenHobbsee: I'm working on the dpkg locks issue now.05:38
Hobbseemanchicken: cool :)05:38
manchickenHobbsee: If you've got any high priority issues that haven't been triaged, then yes, that'd be quite nice :)05:38
manchickenBut first I need to get driverloader running again.05:39
Hobbseemanchicken: okay, will try to look when i'm around, etc05:40
=== BentJ [n=BentJ@port46.ds1-esp.adsl.cybercity.dk] has joined #kubuntu-devel
manchickenWow.  linuxant's installer has gotten much more sophisticated.05:42
manchickenI'm impressed.05:44
=== Hobbsee_ [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #kubuntu-devel
ScottKHobbsee: Would you please look at Bug #124013 and see if you think it needs anything else before I subscribe ubuntu-archive.05:44
ubotuLaunchpad bug 124013 in gnupg2 "Please promote gnupg-agent binary from Universe to Main" [Undecided,New]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12401305:44
ScottKerr Hobbsee_ even ^^05:44
Hobbseezomg who put that shortcut there...05:46
Hobbseectrl+q is far too close to ctrl+w05:46
HobbseeScottK: looks fine05:47
HobbseeScottK: does gnupg-agent need to be a dependancy of pinentry, incidently?05:48
=== manchicken_ [n=manchkn@74-134-229-145.dhcp.insightbb.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
ScottKHobbsee: Dunno and thanks.05:52
Hobbseeotherwise it probably wont stay in main05:52
HobbseeScottK: unless it's explicitly seeded that is05:53
HobbseeScottK: well, is it possible to use pinentry without gnupg-agent?05:54
nixternalhrmm, I can't watch Riddell's or sabdfl's talks, the video locks up and mplayer says I don't have the codec05:54
nixternalI am a multimedia idiot obviously05:54
=== IanC26 [n=IanC26@2002:908b:a5e7:4:216:6fff:fe39:ff6e] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== manchicken [n=manchkn@ubuntu/member/manchicken] has joined #kubuntu-devel
mhbnixternal: no you are not05:54
nixternalahh, Riddell's works, sabdfl's doesn't05:54
ScottKHobbsee: We're going to make kmail depend on it.  That'll keep it in Main.05:55
mhbnixternal: heh, actually, the Riddell's video refused to open in kaffeine here until I renamed it05:55
HobbseeScottK: pinentry-qt, or gnupg-agent?05:55
nixternalhahaha, Riddell's talks starts out with the swimming pool pic and all you see is Hobbsee smiling! :)05:55
Hobbseecan you use pinentry-qt without gnupg-agent05:55
manchickenkonvi and konqui do not like it when you switch network devices AT ALL.05:55
=== Hobbsee beats Riddell
nixternallol, yup05:55
=== Hobbsee was so cold that day.
=== Hobbsee was seriously blue.
HobbseeRiddell: wanted me to take a picture of him and sladen - i couldnt actually take the picture, as my hands had gone numb.05:56
Hobbseehwo did i become the kubuntu covergirl anyway?05:56
Hobbseenixternal: i really *didnt* want to look like a drowned water rat, for a kde talk.05:57
nixternalhahaha, the Kubuntu Covergirl! that rocks!05:57
manchickenMaybe she was born with it.  Maybe its Mabelene.05:59
=== Hobbsee is so utterly and totally going to kill you both.
Hobbseeand Riddell06:00
ScottKHobbsee: I'll look into pinentry and does it need gnupg-agent as a dep.06:00
HobbseeScottK: cool06:00
ScottKHobbsee: Can you change the Kubuntu seeds?06:01
Tonio_for those interested I just uploaded the latest dolphin06:01
nixternalmaybe its mabelene! manchicken that was classic right there...that was funny right dare, i dun car who u r06:01
Tonio_that'll be my big todo next week : make it work better06:01
HobbseeScottK: yes06:01
ScottKHobbsee: I think it would be useful to go ahead and seed gnupg-agent then.06:02
manchickennixternal: "Lord, I apologize, and please bless the little pigmea's down there in new guinnea."06:02
HobbseeScottK: file me a bug, and i'll do it, but i suspect it gnupg-agent needs to be a dep of pinentry-qt nayway, in which case the seed isnt needed06:02
ScottKOK.  I'll file the bug for now and then investitage when I can.06:02
nixternalScottK: you going into DC tonight?06:03
ScottKHobbsee: Should I assign the bug to you?06:03
ScottKnixternal: No way.06:03
HobbseeScottK: yes please06:03
manchicken(+ 1 (emacs M-x compile))06:03
ScottKnixternal: Our Germain au pair is going.06:03
nixternalthe last time I went for the 4th at the Mall, I got busted with an open container, and sat the entire 4th in a paddy wagon that was super hot06:03
ScottKEvery year they go.  I've never been.06:03
Tonio_Riddell: hope you want to test it  ;)06:03
ScottKnixternal: Heh.06:03
manchicken(+ (emacs M-x compile) 1)06:03
manchickenThat's better.06:03
Tonio_Riddell: ust did a little patch to change the app name and the desktop file06:03
manchickennixternal: I saw some folks who should have been busted at the Piatt County show last night.06:04
ScottKOops.  Switched channels without noticing.06:04
manchickenJust because your car is stationary in exit traffic doesn't mean that drinking and driving laws are no longer applicable.06:04
=== luis_lopez [n=Miranda@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
nixternalmanchicken: it amazes me...people get away with stupid stuff, and as soon I do it, I get busted06:05
Tonio_dolphin deb file for those interested in testing06:05
=== nixternal grabs it
manchickennixternal: True, that.06:06
nixternalgdebi-kde is pretty killer btw mhb!06:06
=== Hobbsee downloads the *correct* video this time
ScottKHobbsee: Bug #124021 filed for your keeping track of the work purposes....06:07
ubotuLaunchpad bug 124021 in kubuntu-meta "Please add gnupg-agent to the Kubuntu seeds" [Wishlist,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12402106:07
Tonio_leaving the computer now, brb06:08
HobbseeScottK: please make sure you add the results of your investigations to that report :)06:09
ScottKHobbsee: I will.06:09
Hobbseecool :)06:09
=== Hobbsee so tired.....
ScottKToday is a holiday here, so I don't know how much work I'll get done on it today.06:09
Hobbseeyeah, fair enough06:09
manchickennixternal: I still think it's a damned shame that fireworks are illegal in this state.06:10
ScottKMy 4 year old daughter is currently making "Lunch" for her "Children" with grass and leaves she collected from the yard.06:10
Hobbseeheh, awww06:10
manchickenAlthough some lady at this fireworks stand was trying to convince me that her wares were perfectly legal.  But Roman candles are most certainly not legal in Illinois.06:11
manchickenBut that doesn't stop the police from letting you borrow their lighter to set them off with :)06:11
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #kubuntu-devel
manchickenScottK: Well, you should give her a nice bottle of hot sauce.06:14
manchickenScottK: Everybody knows that grass and leaves taste better with hot sauce.06:14
=== Hobbsee grumbles
manchicken... come to think of it, I can't think of too many vegetables that don't taste better with hot sauce...06:15
nixternalmanchicken: NBC 5 says they are looking at making the fireworks laws even worse06:17
ScottKHobbsee: You should keep an eye on mok0 in #ubuntu-motu.  He works in an all KDE shop, has several KDE packages on REVU, and is very knowlegeable.  He's new to Ubuntu, but is an experienced RPM packager and will come along quickly.06:17
nixternalbecause they aren't bad enough I guess. they think making more laws will stop them06:17
HobbseeScottK: right.  please do likewise :)06:17
manchickenThis "let's make everything illegal" mentality is inconsistent with freedom.06:17
manchickennixternal: No, they'll just put people in jail for having innocent fun.06:18
nixternalthat it is...that is why Illinois gets on my nerves06:18
nixternalwell, they need to realize how overpopulated our prisons and jails are06:18
manchickennixternal: Because illinois jails are just full of vacant space itching for inmates....06:18
manchickenThese are the same people who complain about prison over-crowding and court system saturation.06:18
manchickenI hate intentionally locking my dpkg database to test this thing.06:20
manchickenIt scares me.06:20
Hobbseeit'll screw up your system06:20
Hobbseeyou'll have to reformat, etc06:20
nixternalyou will also need a fire extinguisher06:20
manchickenOoh, I've got two of those :)06:20
manchickenSo I'm good to go.06:20
nixternalrock on with your badself then :)06:21
=== Hobbsee wonders why she didnt just destroy Riddell's camera while she had it
nixternalHobbsee: all you would have to do is take a picture of me, that would destroy it06:21
Hobbseemind you, that was a nice, warm, baby pool06:22
manchickenOr take a picture of Richard Stallman :)06:22
nixternalthe guy who took that picture, his camera hasn't worked since06:23
manchickenDamnit, isn't there a way to lock your dpkg database manually without having to kill an install process manually?06:24
ScottKHobbsee: Will do, just wanted to make sure you knew.06:27
=== RadiantFire [n=ryan@ip68-230-209-186.rd.hr.cox.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Lure_ [n=lure@89-212-19-55.dynamic.dsl.t-2.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
nixternaldid anyone watch any of the KDE 4 talks from the link Riddell gave? sabdfl one locks the video, and the Riddell one the video works, but has intermittent locks06:33
nixternalahh, thep roblem is mplayer, Kaffeine also has an issue, however vlc once again just works06:34
RadiantFirewhat link would that be?06:35
manchickenGrumble... had my conditional in the wrong spot.06:40
RiddellTonio_: where's your media image http://tonio.homelinux.org/temp/capture14.png ?06:46
=== Stecchino is now known as Seluna
=== Seluna is now known as Stecchino
manchickenthe kde: ioslave has a bad search URL...06:47
=== marseillai [n=mars@ubuntu/member/marseillai] has joined #kubuntu-devel
manchickenYay!  I crashed adept :)07:02
manchickenWhy does STL have to be so hateful?07:04
RadiantFireI sometimes think things are hateful, then I realized that I wasn't using the paradigm they were designed for07:06
manchickenThis is STL we're talking about.07:07
=== luka74 [n=lure@89-212-19-55.dynamic.dsl.t-2.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== DaSkreech [n=skreech@katapult/ninja/daskreech] has joined #kubuntu-devel
DaSkreechMan I can't hear anything on the Akademy oggs07:31
=== luka74 is now known as Lure
nixternalDaSkreech: ya, I had to crank up the audio to 200% :)07:34
DaSkreechHow do you do that?07:35
nixternalI have downloaded Sander's doc talk as well...KDE people wanted to eat Mark for lunch at the end of his keynote :)07:35
DaSkreechBtw I just went deaf when Konversation Pinged me07:35
nixternalDaSkreech: it was somewhat of a joke. I had to crank all levels on kmix as well as vlc07:35
nixternaland then it was nice and loud except for questions from the audience07:35
DaSkreechI have kmix up kmix wave up mplayer up07:36
DaSkreechand ear buds07:36
DaSkreechIt sounds like a fly in the next room07:36
nixternalheh, mplayer did seem kind of low as well, but vlc cranked out just fine07:36
nixternaldamn, jdong did you package ktorrent 2.2 that quick? if so, you da man!07:36
=== Lure is just watching Mark's talk
Lureand compiling kde4 ;-)07:38
DaSkreechThat's all I'd be doing07:38
DaSkreechwatching :)07:38
DaSkreechI wonder if Kaffiene would play it louder07:38
Lurenixternal: it was Tonio_ afair07:38
nixternalhehe, he beat jdong to it07:38
nixternalDaSkreech: kaffeine didn't work for me..it would play the audio but not the video07:39
nixternalMark's talk was pretty good actually07:39
nixternalOK, I need to go see who is bbq'n because it smells good and I am hungry :)07:39
DaSkreechThe video works for me07:39
DaSkreech lets see if i get audio :)07:40
DaSkreechnixternal: Ha ha I had the Volume on the haedphones down almost to mute07:45
=== xerosis [n=kieran@cpc2-shep5-0-0-cust722.lei3.cable.ntl.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== glatzor [n=renate@p57AED683.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
manchickenI'm gonna have to use a wait condition for this stupid thing I think.07:53
Tonio_nixternal: I did :)07:59
Tonio_nixternal: bug the packaging was super easy..... just a uupdate and that's it, nothing changed in the app08:02
=== Lure_ [n=lure@89-212-19-55.dynamic.dsl.t-2.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
mhbnixternal: good to hear, does it work for you?08:11
mhbnixternal: also, does Jonathan's talk play flawlessly in mplayer?08:11
DaSkreechWhich talk was his?08:13
=== DaSkreech laughs at njaard
=== luka74 [n=lure@89-212-19-55.dynamic.dsl.t-2.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== luka74 is now known as Lure
=== Lure is now known as Lure_
DaSkreechWhoot Alpha 2 is out :)08:28
ScottKWhere's the Kubuntu packages then?08:29
mhbDaSkreech: yes, only if Kubuntu had packages08:29
nixternalmhb: gdebi-kde works almost flawlessly. I just tried to install dolphin with it and it said something about conflicts and only gave "cancel" as the only option..other than that it is working great08:30
mhbnixternal: dolphin from tonio's pages?08:30
nixternalmhb: none of the talks seem to play flawlessly for me08:30
nixternalmhb: yes08:30
nixternalalthough there were no conflicts or anything listed when I installed it via the command line08:30
mhbnixternal: do you have a link, please?08:31
nixternalone sec08:31
mhbScottK: the packages are on your machine, ready to be uploaded to kubuntu.org , aren't they?08:31
=== Daskreech2 [n=skreech@port0034-afo-static-adsl.cwjamaica.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
mhbScottK: if not, you better start working on them :o)08:32
nixternalhad to scroll up for it08:32
=== Daskreech2 blinks
=== ScottK is way to wimpy to be running, let alone building KDE4.
Daskreech2`What happened just now?08:32
nixternalkde4 is yummy08:32
nixternalI run it on my desktop08:32
Daskreech2KDE 4.0? :-)08:32
mhbof course08:32
mhbwe all are08:32
nixternalI need to start working on weekly KDE Trunk Snapshots08:33
mhbnixternal: packages? yummy08:33
mhbnixternal: that'd be great08:33
nixternalI started on them one day, and just got so busy the past few weeks08:34
mhbnixternal: I'm tired of seeing all the opensuse links to packages08:34
=== fritsch [i=XEXQb064@nat-wh-1.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
nixternalhehe, me too...that is why I thought about doing so08:34
mhbnixternal: too bad, I can't install it, wrong arch08:34
ScottKHonestly getting S/MIME and GPG by default for Kmail/Kontact 3.5.7 in Gutsy is taking all the KDE time I have this cycle.08:34
nixternalbut it is well worth it ScottK08:35
nixternalat the same time, I wonder how many users are actually using the GPG and what not besides devs08:35
ScottKYes, but lots of companies use S/MIME.  That's what I was aiming for.  GPG comes as a byproduct of the S/MIME work.08:37
Daskreech2Dot updated08:39
nixternalahh, excellent point ScottK...didn't even think about them08:39
ScottKnixternal: US DoD mandates S/MIME in some respects now.  They keep trying to make it more mandatory and I want us to be ready.08:40
manchickenOh hell yeah.08:41
manchickenI've got the unlocker working.08:42
manchickenNow to clean up the patch.08:42
nixternalwhen I try to watch a DVD with Kaffeine, it tells me "No plugin found to handle this resource (dvd:///dev/scd0)08:42
nixternalany fixes?08:42
nixternalthis is with feisty btw08:42
nixternallibxine-extracodecs :008:43
=== Knightlust [n=Dax@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
manchickenI don't think I'll get this patch out today.08:48
=== allee [n=ach@lapex-mcallee.mpe.mpg.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Mez [n=Mez@ubuntu/member/mez] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== OculusAquilae [n=bastian@pD95090B1.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
xerosisnixternal: did just installed libxine-extracodecs work for you?09:06
xerosisi've been getting the same error since i bought my new laptop :(09:06
nixternallibdvdread as well09:06
xerosisgot both09:06
nixternaland do the libdvdcss stuff09:06
nixternalya, libxine-extracodecs fixed it09:06
manchickenIt really does work.09:07
nixternalwhat does?09:07
manchickenMy fix to the dpkg locking problem in adept.09:07
manchickenNow if you fire up adept, and the database is locked, it'll give you the question of whether or not you want to try to resolve the issue.  If you click "Cancel," then it exits letting you resolve the issue manually.  If you click "No" then it continues into read-only mode.  If you click "Yes," then it opens a progress dialog and fires of a QProcess to run `dpkg --configure -a` and reopens the database in read-write mode.09:09
manchickenI'll probably put up the patch tomorrow.09:09
manchickenI've gotta get ready for my brother's birthday party.09:09
manchickenHe turns 20 today.09:10
=== meven [n=meven@ARennes-357-1-41-143.w90-1.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Mez [n=Mez@ubuntu/member/mez] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== jpetso is now known as jpetso_away
=== Arby [n=richard@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== jpetso_away is now known as jpetso
mhbmanchicken: don't put up patches09:40
manchickenmhb: What now?09:40
mhbmanchicken: that's so last-year :o) put up a branch somewhere09:40
manchickenmhb: Version control is so 1990.09:40
manchickenBesides, Riddell takes my patches and puts them in his branch.09:41
mhbmanchicken: well, I think managing version control with patches and email is so 185009:41
manchickenAh, but I'm not managing version control :)09:41
mhbmanchicken: but I'm not sure if the 1848's revolutionaries would agree09:42
manchickenI'm submitting patches on bug reports as fixes :)09:42
manchickenmhb: I've just been uploading my patches to LP as fixes for buggies :)09:42
mhbmanchicken: hmm, okay then09:43
mhbmanchicken: the code to be aptched is the apt-get source'd gutsy adept?09:43
manchickenmhb: I know it's a bit lazy, but I don't have time to manage branches and merge in this and that and all that.09:43
Riddellnixternal: able to check over and improve and publish http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/1027 ?09:43
nixternalwill do now09:44
manchickenmhb: I am working from my changes made to apt-get source.09:44
manchickenmhb: But I am assuming that ./debian/rules apply-patches has been run.09:44
mhbthat's logical09:45
manchickenBecause some of the features that I've fixed only exist in those patches :)09:45
manchickenSuch as changelog support.09:45
mhbmanchicken: did ya post the dpkg --configure patch yet?09:45
manchickenNot yet.09:45
mhbmanchicken: looking for that to test09:45
nixternalRiddell: posted!09:45
Mezwhat's the process for sync requests now?09:46
nixternalRiddell: what's up with kde 4 alpha 2 packages? have you started?09:46
manchickenI'm applying the fix to the two other adept apps for testing.09:46
manchickenmhb: Well I can send you a tarball.09:46
manchickenI just don't have a clean diff ready just yet.09:46
mhbmanchicken: I can wait.09:46
manchickenmhb: Because bzr makes me feel too limited.  Its merge capabilities are insufficient for keeping up with other folks' branches.09:47
Riddellnixternal: I've been somewhat busy09:47
nixternalOK, I am grabbing the source now09:47
manchickenYou can't merge someone else's changes into your branch and commit the merge without committing your other changes as well, etc.09:47
manchickenIt's just a nightmare.09:47
Riddellvolunteers welcome09:47
Riddellbut it'll need some dependencies09:47
mhbmanchicken: yeah, that's the " KDE SVN syndrome"09:49
mhbmanchicken: commit early, commit often, and you won't notice09:49
ScottKRiddell: Speaking of dependencies ....  I filed the bug to move gnupg-agent to main, but seb128 said no need, just make it a dependeny of something in Main and it's automatic.09:49
ScottKRiddell: If I sent you a kdepim debian/control diff for the S/MIME stuff could you apply it?  I'm very bzr impaired and don't have time to learn today.09:50
manchickenmhb: If it doesn't compile, I don't commit :)09:50
manchickenmhb: Either way, it's a limitation that I don't like working with.09:50
mhbmanchicken: like I said, KDE SVN syndrome09:51
manchickenmhb: One should never commit code that doesn't compile.09:51
mhbmanchicken: no, one should never *release* code that doesn't compile09:52
mhbmanchicken: but yes, you're following the KDE SVN policy, which goes like that09:52
manchickenmhb: When other people are looking at the branch, and trying to work off of it, committing code that doesn't compile is going to roadblock other people.09:52
mhbmanchicken: and that policy is the reason I commited only once into KDE SVN09:52
manchickenmhb: No, I'm following sound version control practices.09:52
mhbmanchicken: if I followed your policy I'd never commit anything in Python :o)09:53
=== RadiantFire [n=ryan@upstream/dev/RadiantFire] has joined #kubuntu-devel
ScottKWould someone running Gutsy please do me the favor of typing "python2.4 -V" in their console and tell me what result they get?09:54
ScottKDid you upgrade from Feisty or install fresh?09:55
mhbI haven't updated recently, though09:55
manchickenmhb: Sure you would.  Python has a syntax checker, doesn't it?09:55
mhbmanchicken: it's not compiling, strictly speaking (you didn't get the joke, did you?)09:55
RiddellScottK: sorry I'm at akademy, someone else needs to upload this week09:56
manchickenmhb: It's running it through the parser and compiler, but not the runtime, I would think.09:56
manchickenI know that's what perl -c does.09:56
ScottKRiddell: I'll bug hobbsee then when she's awake.  Thanks.09:56
Mezok, theres an issue with akregator09:58
Mezdpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/akregator_4%3a3.5.7-1ubuntu4_i386.deb (--unpack):09:58
Mez trying to overwrite `/usr/share/services/kontact/akregatorplugin.desktop', which is also in package kontact09:58
Mezdpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)09:58
=== jjesse [n=jjesse@adsl-69-209-100-200.dsl.klmzmi.ameritech.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Lure_antbody compiled kde4 (kdepimlibs) on gutsy?10:05
Lure_it looks like gpgme is too old (0.3.16 vs 0.4.5)10:06
Lure_solved: just had old version, but there is also newer (1.1.2) in archive: libgpgme11-dev10:09
jjessedagn did i miss the kubuntu-meeting today?10:11
=== vlo [n=valentin@d83-181-103-162.cust.tele2.ch] has joined #kubuntu-devel
mhbjjesse: you did, unless you've been there10:12
=== tmske [n=thomas@dD5E076C1.access.telenet.be] has joined #kubuntu-devel
ScottKLongPointyStick: Since Rid$ell is at akademy, I'd appreciate it if you would apply the dependency changes in Bug #124074.10:29
ubotuLaunchpad bug 124074 in kdepim "Dependency changes for S/MIME and GPG by default in kmail" [Wishlist,Triaged]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12407410:29
=== hunger [n=tobias@p54A71ECC.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Mez [n=Mez@ubuntu/member/mez] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== xerosis [n=kieran@cpc2-shep5-0-0-cust722.lei3.cable.ntl.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
_StefanS_Timing buffered disk reads:  276 MB in  3.00 seconds =  91.86 MB/sec...10:35
_StefanS_lvm2 rules :)10:36
=== mbiebl [n=michael@e180070076.adsl.alicedsl.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== RadiantFire [n=ryan@ip68-230-209-186.rd.hr.cox.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== allee [n=ach@lapex-mcallee.mpe.mpg.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== neversfelde|mobi [n=neversfe@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== TheInfinity [n=TheInfin@p508F0D64.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
xerosisTonio_: ping11:08
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Arby_ [n=richard@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== haggai [n=halls@credativ.bcnadsl.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_xerosis: pong ?11:53
xerosisTonio_: did you get the dolphin deb up?11:53
Tonio_xerosis: yep, but I'm gonna patch it a bit, why ?11:57
xerosisTonio_: i meant as in uploaded but adept's just updated me to it, so ignore me :)11:58
Tonio_xerosis: hehe :)11:59
Tonio_xerosis: still a couple of bugs with this one, I'll have to fix them11:59
=== hunger_t [n=tobias@p54A71ECC.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
xerosisTonio_: looks good :)12:00
Tonio_xerosis: can you confirm to me something ?12:02
Tonio_xerosis: what happens if you try to add an item to the menubar ?12:02
Tonio_xerosis: doesn't want to be added here12:02
xerosisTonio_: same here12:09
Tonio_xerosis: oki so that confirms the problem....12:10
Tonio_let's try to fix12:10

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!