=== didymo [n=ashley@CPE-61-9-197-223.static.nsw.bigpond.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-b32e19c9868c4362] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tkamppeter_ [n=till@bl8-122-55.dsl.telepac.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== _TomB [n=tomb@host81-153-8-121.range81-153.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gman [i=gman@nat/sun/x-4e079f6b4fe02e56] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mario_ [n=mario@83-131-11-180.adsl.net.t-com.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mario_ is now known as pygi
cypherbiosthat's pygi switching names again :)12:45
pygiwhat I did now, what I did now?12:45
cypherbiospygi: what you always do :P12:46
cypherbiospygi: hi man, what's up?12:46
pygicypherbios, nothing much, my head hurts, I had to sent an application for a seminar *yesterday*, failed to do so, have an important exam today and stuff :)12:46
pygiwhat about you?12:46
cypherbiospygi: less worst than you I guess :D12:47
pygicypherbios, hehe :)12:48
pygicypherbios, will be better one day :12:49
cypherbiospygi: I hope so :)12:50
=== tritium [n=tritium@ubuntu/member/tritium] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== licio [n=licio@ubuntu/member/licio] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== RadiantFire [n=ryan@ip68-230-209-186.rd.hr.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== doko_ [n=doko@dslb-088-073-115-190.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKAh, crap.12:59
=== StevenK prepares a fix for curl.
ajmitchmore curl?12:59
ajmitchyou're not sick of it yet?01:00
StevenKI am, but I should fix it. :-)01:00
=== Arrogance [n=aks@ottawa-hs-209-217-84-13.d-ip.magma.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mneptok [n=mneptok@canonical/support/mneptok] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jono [n=jono@ubuntu/member/jono] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kwwii [n=kwwii@khepri.openbios.org] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== anibal [n=anibal@debian/developer/anibal] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mc44 [n=mc44@unaffiliated/mc44] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Exit,]
=== superm1_ is now known as superm1
lifelessanyone here use kvm on feisty ?01:44
=== sn0 would if his cpu supported it :)
lifelesswell mine loads the module01:46
lifelessbut booting an ubuntu-7.04 iso on it is using 100% cpu and doing squat01:47
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-devel
lifelessbywhich I mean its done the ISOLINUX prelude but appears to have hung on kernel load01:48
sn0silly q lifeless but you are added to the kvm group ?01:49
sn0other than that i cant think of anything sorry, willing to accept a cpu to try it though ;)01:49
lifeless(not silly :))01:49
sn0i remember seeing something about kvm on the ubuntu wiki but i believe it was just installing, load module, add to group and qemu-img create then run kvm with the iso01:50
lifelessits just the basics not debugging01:51
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-164-135-78.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sn0on the talk of virtualisation i was having real trouble with vmware + usb pen drives :<01:52
lifelessto get the guest to see them ?01:54
=== cjwatson_ [n=cjwatson@82-69-40-219.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tkamppeter_ [n=till@bl8-118-146.dsl.telepac.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jtmoulia [n=jtmoulia@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j_ack [n=j_ack@p508D83DE.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-84d29f83ddcf3bb9] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jml_ [n=jml@203-113-250-169-static.TAS.netspace.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== persia [n=persia@ubuntu/member/persia] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jack_wyt [n=jack@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mdke_ [n=matt@ubuntu/member/mdke] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ubijtsa2 [n=ubijtsa@karlsson.force9.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Trewas [n=ilonen@raato.lut.fi] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mat [n=mat@igoan/mat] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== marsu [n=user@83-177-89-9.cust.tele2.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== syp| [n=syp@lasigpc9.epfl.ch] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== fdoving [n=frode@ubuntu/member/frode] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== siretart [i=siretart@ubuntu/member/siretart] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== IanC26 [n=IanC26@2002:cb36:1cf8:4:216:6fff:fe39:ff6e] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== haggai [n=halls@credativ.bcnadsl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-164-135-78.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
calcwow this sven stuff on d-p is interesting, missed it a few months back due to moving03:16
ajmitchcalc: please, don't read it - stay sane03:18
StevenKajmitch beat me to it.03:18
=== cynics [n=cynics@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-a5574e0d46dab57e] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sitiis anyone else getting launchpad timeouts?03:43
pygisiti, gimme a sec03:44
pygisiti, nop03:44
persiasiti: I haven't seen any (despite frequent page loads)03:44
sitiok, it's when I am submitting a bug..03:44
=== Lure [n=lure@89-212-19-55.dynamic.dsl.t-2.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kencur [n=berasken@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kencur [n=berasken@] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== mat [n=mat@igoan/mat] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Fujitsu [n=fujitsu@ubuntu/member/fujitsu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jack_wyt [n=jack@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== persia [n=persia@ubuntu/member/persia] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== jml_ [n=jml@ppp121-44-211-82.lns1.hba1.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hunger_t [n=tobias@p54A71ECC.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== alex-weej [n=alex@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== micahcowan [n=micah@ubuntu/member/micahcowan] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== infinity2 is now known as infinity
=== rraphink [i=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rraphink [i=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== harrisony [n=harrison@unaffiliated/harrisony] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== superm1 [n=superm1@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-20-113.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ijuz_ [n=ijuz@p54ABF970.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseegreetings, earthlings.06:29
FujitsuGreetings, green alien.06:30
Hobbseedarn, heno's not here again06:31
fabbioneHobbsee: probably on your starship it's a normal time of the day, but here is 6:30 am06:33
=== fabbione sends some pagliata to Hobbsee
Hobbseefabbione: timezones are for weak humans.06:33
Hobbseereal people, and aliens ignore timezones!06:33
=== Hobbsee notes that dict is failing her
=== Hobbsee checks google
fabbioneHobbsee: the first hit in google is good enough06:35
Hobbseefabbione: looks tasty06:36
fabbionefor an alien it's lovely06:36
Hobbseehehe :)06:37
fabbioneeven for a human tho ;)06:37
fabbioneHobbsee: i guess you can see that's all the internal of a baby cow...06:37
ajmitchsounds tasty06:37
fabbioneit is06:38
fabbionewith lots of red wine is even better :)06:39
Hobbseethe stuff i dont drink, yes.06:39
fabbioneoh white is ok too06:39
Hobbseeoh goody.  yesterday was payday.06:39
=== nags [n=nags@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseehiya LaserJock!06:59
LaserJockhi Hobbsee!07:01
ajmitchhello LaserJock 07:02
FujitsuHi LaserJock.07:02
LaserJockhi guys07:04
=== iwj [n=ian@xenophobe.extern.relativity.greenend.org.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Yasumoto [n=Yasumoto@cpe-75-84-49-174.socal.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jinty [n=jinty@BAA0ac2.baa.pppool.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
LaserJockFujitsu: stellarium 0.9.0 is already in Debian, we just need a sync request07:38
FujitsuLaserJock: I noted that right after I commented. It doesn't seem to build here at the moment, due to the curl breakage.07:39
LaserJockah, I hadn't built it yet, that's why I didn't comment07:40
StevenKIt needs archive mangling before it will, too.07:53
FujitsuHow often does NBS stuff get kicked out?07:54
StevenKWhen the archive peoples get around to it.07:54
StevenKI need to mention this curl mess to pitti when he gets here, I'll bring it up then.07:55
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pitti [n=pitti@ubuntu/member/pitti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiGood morning08:07
FujitsuHi pitti.08:07
Hobbseemorning pitti!08:07
=== StevenK waves to pitti.
=== Fujitsu watches StevenK burn to the ground.
StevenKpitti: Bad, bad, bad news. :-( And it's all my fault. :-(08:09
pittiStevenK: oh?08:10
=== Hobbsee sprays Fujitsu with the fire hose
pittiStevenK: the missing Conflicts/Replaces:?08:10
pittiStevenK: or did libcurl get a new soname over night? :-P08:10
Fujitsupitti: That's not bad bad bad news.08:10
StevenKpitti: No, and no.08:10
=== Knightlust [n=Dax@ubuntu/member/knightlust] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKpitti: Worse. Versioned symbols worse!08:10
=== abattoir [n=abattoir@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKpitti: libcurl.so.3 doesn't provide a CURL_4 symbol to link against.08:11
pittiStevenK: erm, I thought it was supposed to, and Debian made it work like .so.4?08:12
pittiStevenK: that means that everything that links against .so.4 doesn't work ATM?08:12
StevenKpitti: Right.08:13
StevenKpitti: It terms of the Conflicts/Replaces, I uploaded a fix a while ago.08:13
pittiStevenK: umpf; is that known in Debian, too?08:14
StevenKpitti: But in terms of what to do about this, I think we have two possible solutions. 1) Revert my changes, take the hit and do the rebuilds. 2) Hack our libraries to provide both versions at the same time.08:14
StevenKpitti: I'm not sure, they may not have gone as far through the transition.08:15
=== tfheen [n=tfheen@aine.err.no] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiStevenK: hm, TBH I don't have an idea how to achieve (2)08:15
pittihey tfheen 08:15
Hobbseemorning tfheen 08:15
StevenKpitti: I do. Apply a patch after configure that plays with libcurl.vers08:16
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@ubuntu/member/ivoks] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirhi pitti08:16
pittiStevenK: ah, my hero08:17
StevenKpitti: I'm not certain if it will work, though.08:17
ajmitchmorning Mithrandir, pitti 08:21
pittihi ajmitch 08:21
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i59F7240E.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachgood morning08:26
=== Gman [i=gman@nat/sun/x-7da22c846d37f1fe] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittihey dholbach 08:28
dholbachhey pitti08:28
pittiargh, argh, p-lp-bugs08:35
LaserJockhi dholbach 08:35
=== mbiebl [n=michael@e180069185.adsl.alicedsl.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachhey LaserJock08:35
dholbachpitti: hm?08:35
pittidholbach: I just thought I'm going crazy08:35
dholbachok good :)08:36
pittiset([94694, 103275, 111139] ) + set([94694, 103275, 111139] ) == set([103275, 111139, 111139, 94694, 103275, 94694] )08:36
pittiand so on; I got a steadily growing set with duplications of those three elements08:37
=== viviersf [n=cain@gw.impilinux.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittidholbach: this is a BugList result, btw08:37
Mithrandiruh, a set with duplicates in it?08:37
pittiMithrandir: that's what I thought, too :)08:37
pittiuntil I noticed that those are in fact not integers, but strings08:37
pittibut it took me 20 minutes to resolve that miracle08:38
pittidholbach: so I added a loop which converts the string set from BugList to a set of ints08:38
Mithrandirstill, it should use a comparison function and see that they're the same?08:38
pittidholbach: but that could really bite other apps, too08:38
dholbachpitti: please let thekorn know, so we can get it in with the API changes08:38
pittiMithrandir: apparenty set collapsing uses identity, not equivalence08:38
pittiI'm not sure whether this is a feature or a bug, though08:38
dholbachwe will have to find out :)08:39
Mithrandirbuture, I'd call it. :-P08:39
pittidholbach: yeah, I'll write a bug08:39
=== dholbach hugs pitti
lifeless prefer fug08:39
pittidholbach: btw, would you mind blessing me to a bughelper developer? would avoid always annoying you or mvo with merging/uploading a p-lp-bugs fix08:42
dholbachpitti: blessing?08:43
Mithrandirpitti: he wants to join yet another team. :-P08:43
pittidholbach: joining the team for getting push access to the main branch08:43
=== Lure_ [n=lure@external-1.hermes.si] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiMithrandir: s/pitti:/dholbach:/?08:43
Mithrandirpitti: yeah, nicks are hard in the morning.08:44
dholbachI thought you were part of the team already08:44
pittidholbach: only of the team that can actually upload and screw up the package :-) but I'd rather not have the main branch get of of sync08:44
=== pitti hugs dholbach, thanks
HobbseeMithrandir: but he who dies being on the most teams wins!08:44
MithrandirHobbsee: you can also win if you transcend, I thought.08:45
dholbachhow many emblems do YOU have? ;-)08:45
HobbseeMithrandir: transcend hey?08:45
Mithrandirdholbach: only 18. :-P08:45
MithrandirHobbsee: I believe you did not catch the reference.08:46
HobbseeMithrandir: you're correct, i didnt.08:46
HobbseeMithrandir: i dont know all of your earth-references.08:46
Mithrandirit's a nethack reference08:46
dholbach28, muhuhuahhahaha ;-)08:47
Hobbseeawww, only 17 here with emblems.  24 teams, directly and indirectly08:47
MithrandirI have a couple without emblems too, but nowhere near Daniel's level.08:47
StevenKGee, I'm only 13 emblems.08:48
Hobbseedholbach: the more emblems you have, the more reviews and sponsorships you have to do.08:48
Hobbseedholbach: so get going!08:48
mdke_morning all08:48
Hobbseemorning mdke!08:48
dholbachHobbsee: I did a bunch of reviews already :)08:48
Hobbseedholbach: not enougH :P08:49
=== dholbach hugs Hobbsee
pittidholbach: ok, I gave a detailled explanation in bug 12393308:49
ubotuLaunchpad bug 123933 in python-launchpad-bugs "BugList should return a set of int, not string" [Undecided,New]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12393308:49
dholbachpitti: you rock08:49
=== Hobbsee hugs dholbach
LaserJockhi mdke 08:49
mdkedholbach: would you try and do an ubuntu-docs upload today from our trunk? We haven't done one yet, and it would be nice just to get something uploaded, even if only to fix bug 121810. I haven't tested anything but it should work since not much has happened since the feisty release09:05
ubotuLaunchpad bug 121810 in ubuntu-docs "Gutsy has Feisty documentation" [Medium,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12181009:05
dholbachmdke: yes, will doo09:06
dholbachde rien09:06
StevenKpitti: Right, my hacks for curl don't work.09:07
pittiStevenK: :(09:07
pittiStevenK: so, we'll solve the problem with buildd horse power then?09:07
StevenKpitti: Looks like.09:07
=== cynics [n=cynics@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKpitti: If that it's the case, we should revert my last 2 changes for curl, too.09:08
pittiStevenK: in which direction would it be easier? towards soname 3 or 4?09:08
StevenK3, since that's where Debian has landed.09:08
StevenKAnd there are slightly less to do.09:09
pittiStevenK: yeah, so the package should be reverted back to only have the build dep change09:09
StevenKpitti: Right.09:09
StevenKpitti: I'll do that tonight, and start making a list of the rebuilds.09:14
=== pitti finally looks into setting up cron'ed cruft checking
=== carlos [n=carlos@canonical/launchpad/carlos] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachhey seb12809:26
seb128hi dholbach09:26
Hobbseemorning seb128 09:26
seb128hello Hobbsee09:26
ion_you.find_all {|person| not person.idle? }.each {|person| hello person }09:27
dholbachmdke: hum... looks like a stuff went missing - I'll make sure to use trunk, but re-add all the debian/ changes09:28
=== Hobbsee replaces ion_ with a small shell script
dholbachmdke: looks like feisty and trunk were not in sync09:28
mdkedholbach: I thought that I'd synched everything, but I suppose I may have missed something... What isn't working?09:28
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachmdke: looks like debian/ changes gfrom 7.03.2 on are missing09:29
dholbachmdke: in changelog, control, copyright and rules09:29
dholbachok, remove copyright from the list - that was a valid change09:30
dholbachI fixed it09:31
dholbachI'll send you the patch09:31
dholbachmdke: disregard the mail I just sent09:34
=== shiyee [n=Shiyee@cpe.atm4-0-76673.0x50a713fa.abnxx13.customer.tele.dk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Nicke [n=niclasa@ua-83-227-140-135.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sabdfl [n=sabdfl@ubuntu/member/pdpc.silver.sabdfl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachmdke: sent you another mail - this time it should be fine09:41
mdkethanks :)09:41
dholbachuploaded the package too09:41
mdkedholbach: can't seem to apply the patch...09:45
dholbachit should apply to trunk09:45
mdkelemme paste09:45
mdkeyou updated your copy of trunk right?09:46
mdkedisregard lines 15-1709:47
dholbachpatch -p1 < .......?09:47
dholbachis that a clean checkout of trunk?09:48
mdkeI'll check09:48
mdkeI must have done the sync myself in local and forgotten to upload it09:49
mdkeworks now, sorry about that09:49
dholbachok super09:49
dholbachI just thought I might have uploaded the wrong branch or something ;-)09:50
=== Monk-e [n=guido-xu@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdkethanks for your help dholbach 09:51
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiStevenK: http://people.ubuntu.com/~ubuntu-archive/NBS/ -> now generated daily at 0:00 and 12:0010:00
Fujitsulibcurl4-dev can be killed without any changes, can't it?10:01
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@83-131-60-75.adsl.net.t-com.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mathiaz [i=mathiaz@nat/canonical/x-4b31f4dfff45cb95] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKpitti: Excellent.10:08
StevenKpitti: ~pitti/tmp/cruft has ceased to exist, too?10:08
pittiStevenK: let me delete it, it's obsolete10:08
StevenKpitti: While you're deleting stuff, purge libcurl4-dev from the archive? It's NBS, and it may negatively impact on this mass rebuild.10:09
pittiStevenK: *flush*10:09
StevenKpitti: Thanks10:09
StevenKpitti: Sorry for all this confusion, I feel dreadful for not picking up on the versioned symbols thing. :-/10:10
pittiStevenK: no worries, nobody thought about this10:11
=== haggai [n=halls@credativ.bcnadsl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Monk-e [n=guido-xu@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiScottK: pinentry promoted10:22
=== yosch [n=yosch@clrglop207.in2p3.fr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKpitti: curl uploaded. The 0:00 and 12:00 for NBS re-generation is UTC?10:26
pittiStevenK: it's drescher time, which is BST10:26
StevenKWhich is UTC, at this point.10:27
pittiStevenK: no, other hemisphere ;)10:27
pittiStevenK: UTC+1 from March to October, UTC otherwise10:27
=== StevenK nods.
StevenKI knew that, hence why I said "at this point" :-)10:28
pittiStevenK: hm, I thought "at this point" == "now"10:30
StevenKNow as in this time of year. :-)10:30
pittiso, drescher is at UTC+1 now10:31
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKTZ=BST == TZ=UTC here10:31
pittithat would be weird10:31
StevenKOh wait, it's because TZ=BST doesn't exist, and date is braindead10:32
dholbachdoko_: how do I use java web start in ubuntu? do we have that?10:33
=== pitti uploads editmoin into universe
pittiseb128: ^ I don't want to source NEW this myself, so maybe you can get to it today?10:34
=== jono [n=jono@ubuntu/member/jono] has joined #ubuntu-devel
doko_dholbach: it should be there10:34
dholbachdoko_: how do I start it? where do I get it from?10:34
crimsunApplications> Internet> Sun Java foo Web Start10:34
dholbachhum, then I don't have it - do you know which package it is in?10:35
seb128pitti: I just uploaded gtksourceview2, which is basically a gtksourceview new version with API,ABI changes which they versioned so it doesn't conflict with the previous one ... maybe you want to look at this one in exchange ? ;)10:35
seb128pitti: I don't expect problems since we already have gtksourceview and that's rather a new version10:35
pittiseb128: sure, my pleasure10:35
seb128looking a editmoin10:35
crimsundholbach: sun-java[56] -bin10:36
dholbachcrimsun: i have both installed10:37
dholbachmaybe I'm blind10:37
crimsundholbach: /usr/share/applications/sun-java5-javaws.desktop?10:37
crimsundholbach: (on gutsy, BTW)10:38
dholbachyes, on gutsy too10:38
seb128sun-java6-bin: /usr/share/applications/sun-java6-javaws.desktop10:38
=== dholbach tries on i386 (was on amd64)
=== mdz [i=mdz@nat/canonical/x-45d19bc2620b32fc] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiseb128: wow, 1.90.1 -> 1.90.2 had a soname change?10:41
seb128pitti: no, 1.8.5 -> 1.90.1 had10:41
seb128pitti: 1.90.1 has been prepared by a contributor but he didn't rename things correctly so I did cleanup while updating10:42
pittiseb128: do you need that in main? why do we still need the old version?10:42
=== stub [i=stub@nat/canonical/x-38dc33319bc1b318] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128pitti: yes, we need that in main, old version ... we can move it to universe or drop it when applications have been ported to the new API10:42
pittiok, not that many10:43
seb128gedit is already ported10:43
pittiseb128: ok, thanks10:43
seb128gnome-python-* upstream will do it most likely10:43
seb128I'll have a look at what screem is doing10:43
seb128I expect we will move the old one or drop it before gutsy10:43
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@8.241-242-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachgo java go!10:44
dholbachcrimsun, doko_, seb128: thanks it exists on i386, but not on amd6410:45
seb128dholbach: what an idea to use amd64 ;)10:45
=== slomo [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128pitti: editmoin accepted10:46
pittiseb128: gtksourceview2 accepted10:46
seb128danke :)10:47
pittisomeone please file an apport crash bug, I want to check a new toy :)10:47
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@8.241-242-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
gnomefreakpitti: just file bug on app that crashes and sends report to LP?10:53
pittiMithrandir: hm, has MoM been stopped? it hasn't updated since yesterday apparently10:53
pittignomefreak: I can file a demo bug, too, but maybe someone has something useful :)10:54
gnomefreaklet me see if firefox still crashes and you can have it :)10:55
=== alex-weej [n=alex@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== |cerbero| [n=jga@pD9E60CF4.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hunger_t [n=tobias@pd95b0676.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
gnomefreakpitti: i gotr tbird to crash but apport tells me i dont have enough memory to report it safe to just upload crash report11:01
pittignomefreak: ok, nevermind; thanks11:02
pittinp :)11:03
pittignomefreak: you see, the very best that could happen is when nobody would report a crash any more. ever. :)11:03
gnomefreaktrue :)11:03
seb128pitti: opinion on bug #123860?11:03
pittiand in the other 1-10^(-10) range of probability I'll get one sooner or later11:03
ubotuLaunchpad bug 123860 in apache "please remove from archive" [Undecided,New]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12386011:03
pittiseb128: ah, have all rdepends now been removed/fixed? cool11:04
pittiseb128: indeed geser and I have worked on that11:04
pittiseb128: hm, checkrdepends is next to unusuable, since there are so many alternative dependencies11:05
seb128right, I was running it, there is still quite some things listed there11:06
pittiseb128: but we can just kick it out of the archive and then use apt-cache unmet to fix/delete the remaining ones11:06
seb128pitti: k, let's do it11:07
seb128Debian removed it11:07
pittiyay! it took long enough to get rid of it, but finally \o/11:07
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pitti* debian/rules: remove symlink-dupes bits.11:13
pittidholbach: ^ not necessary any more? the changelog doesn't have a rationale11:13
Mithrandirpitti: unsure, I can check after I've eaten some breakfast11:14
dholbachpitti: trunk did not contain it anymore11:14
=== IanC26 [n=IanC26@2002:908b:a5e7:4:216:6fff:fe39:ff6e] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirpitti: I think removing a1 at this point is fine; Debian has already done so.11:15
pittiseb128: weird, there's no gutsy-changes@ mail for editmoin, but it seems to be getting published now11:15
pittiMithrandir: I agree11:15
seb128pitti, keescook: apache removed now11:16
seb128pitti: editmoin accepted, I did a typo before and didn't notice, thanks for mentionning it ;)11:18
=== minghua [n=minghua@ubuntu/member/minghua] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@mst45-2-82-242-83-37.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jinty [n=jinty@BAA0ac2.baa.pppool.de] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Leaving"]
=== mc44 [n=mc44@unaffiliated/mc44] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mpytasz [n=dduck@pc-212-51-218-194.p.lodz.pl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== GNUdog [n=GNUdog@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== TerminX [i=702c03c4@adsl-68-122-1-35.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== simira [n=simira@aine.err.no] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tkamppeter_ is now known as tkamppeter
seb128dholbach: 11:43
seb128 o sng: sng11:43
seb128   [Reverse-Build-Depends: human-icon-theme] 11:43
dholbachseb128: hm?11:44
seb128dholbach: could you have a look at why human-icon-theme Build-Depends on sng and either make it not or file a MIR?11:44
seb128dholbach: sng wants to go to main because of human-icon-theme11:44
seb128and the current build "Dependency wait"11:45
dholbachok, I'll try to find out who synced that11:45
seb128you talked with Riddell I think11:45
seb128and you agreed that Debian merged all the changes11:45
dholbachI did not agree11:47
dholbachRiddell said that the only thing that was different is the changelog11:47
dholbachI'll fix it11:48
dholbachthe branch wasn't updated either11:48
seb128dholbach: k, thanks ;)11:51
Riddelldholbach: you still need to merge tangerine-icon-theme11:52
dholbachRiddell: ok11:53
seb128Toadstool: xfce4-cellmodem-plugin debian/Copyright has a "GNU Library General Public License for more details", why is the "Library" mentionned there, the software is under GPL11:53
seb128Tonio_: do you want kaffeine-gstreamer to main? In which case you need to get it seeded or have something depending on it11:59
Riddellogra or whoever: what's the password that's equivalent to a blank password?11:59
=== iwj [n=ian@xenophobe.extern.relativity.greenend.org.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograRiddell, "U6aMy0wojraho" i think12:00
Mithrandirogra: that's correct.12:00
=== vprints [i=laur@conference/kde/aKademy/x-6ad001d8ee94105b] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Tonio_seb128: hum, the point is that unfortunatelly we need xine for amarok, so let's use kaffeine-xine in the first place maybe...12:03
Tonio_seb128: if amarok would have been gstreamer capabe, i would have say yes, but that'll have to wait for kde4 I guess12:03
seb128Tonio_: so you want kaffeine-gstreamer moved to universe?12:04
Tonio_seb128: yep12:04
Tonio_seb128: wasn't it already demoted ? thought it was for a very long time12:05
seb128Tonio_: it's listed on http://people.ubuntu.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.txt12:05
Tonio_hum right, so yes, you can demote it to universe, no pb12:06
seb128Mithrandir, pitti: should be better demote a binary from a main package or add them to supported? 12:06
=== Keybuk [n=scott@quest.netsplit.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachseb128: fixed12:11
seb128dholbach: danke ;)12:12
=== cr3 [i=marc@nat/canonical/x-8d3006461623322e] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirseb128: depends on what it is; if there's no point in keeping it in main, just demote it12:18
seb128Mithrandir: I don't like much splitting binaries from a same package between main and universe, that often creates problems for users12:22
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128it happens quite often that they enable -updates for main only by example12:22
Mithrandirwhich package is this?12:22
seb128which one? the one we received quite some bugs about was totem-xine12:23
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirnah, the one you're wondering if you should demote or not12:23
seb128I'm looking at the component-mismatches.txt list12:24
seb128no special example12:24
seb128take kaffeine-gstreamer for example if you want12:24
seb128Mithrandir: well, that's not likely a problem for most of them if they don't force Depends12:26
seb128it was for totem-xine because totem-mozilla has a versionned Depends12:26
=== iwj [n=ian@xenophobe.extern.relativity.greenend.org.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128and the totem-mozilla update from main was breaking without universe (no match totem-xine to upgrade)12:27
dholbachRiddell: done12:33
=== jdstrand [n=james@mail.strandboge.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Insomnia1 [n=hulk@p548FDC2F.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Insomnia1 [n=hulk@p548FDC2F.dip.t-dialin.net] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-2b569594105b40a0] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== kent [n=kent@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== abattoir_ [n=abattoir@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiseb128: for innocent packages I prefer to have them seeded, for the reasons you described12:53
pittiseb128: only if it would introduce complex dependencies or is particularly hard to maintain, we should demote it12:53
=== jdstrand_ [n=james@mail.strandboge.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== gicmo [n=gicmo@p5491CEFB.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128pitti: ok, I've the same opinion12:58
=== pochu [n=emilio@127.Red-83-32-162.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== TeTeT [n=spindler@modemcable178.77-70-69.static.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== NeilW [n=neil@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sabdfl [i=sabdfl@ubuntu/member/pdpc.silver.sabdfl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== statik [n=emurphy@canonical/launchpad/statik] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Amaranth [n=amaranth@ip72-196-13-134.om.om.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== slomo_ [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Tonio_dholbach: fyi, I just packaged the latest kdebluetooth, with dbus support01:32
Tonio_dholbach: not everything works of course, but you won't have to patch bluez-utils anymore :)01:32
Tonio_dholbach: we'll probably include it soon to the archives, needs discussing intoday's meeting01:33
=== allee kicks Tonio
=== sahin_h [n=ezaz@dsl5400DBD4.pool.t-online.hu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-devel
keescookpitti: can you check on the sanity of php-imap and php-mcrypt ?  I can't find the builds, but the source was accepted.  I'm assuming it's still caught in some archive blacklist?01:51
pittikeescook: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php-imap/5.2.3-0ubuntu1 -> that looks fine?01:52
pittikeescook: it didn't build yet01:52
pittidholbach: yay, I could finally upload a p-lp-bugs bug fix myself \o/01:53
keescookpitti: ah!  there seems to be some kind of dead-time between upload and a build showing the state "Pending".  :)  i'm too impatient.  :)01:53
pittikeescook: source needs to get published first01:53
pittikeescook: i. e. at about 40 minutes past the hour01:53
keescookokay.  sorry for the noise.  :)01:54
pittino problem01:54
Fujitsupitti: Doesn't publisher run at about 3 minutes past?01:55
pittiFujitsu: it starts at that time, right, and finishes around 40 past01:56
FujitsuThat's... fairly long.01:56
pittiindeed :/01:56
FujitsuI saw some binaries published at about 4 minutes past a few hours ago...01:56
pittibut we'll get "build from accepted" soon, which will speed up the process considerably01:56
FujitsuWe had build-from-accepted, but didn't it get turned off because it stuffed up changelog-closes-bugs?01:57
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-c36a2283c9004e9f] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiFujitsu: they might be shown as that in the launchpad UI, but not on archive.u.c.01:57
pittiFujitsu: right01:57
FujitsuAh. Right, that makes sense.01:57
Mithrandirwe haven't had build-from-accepted with soyuz.01:59
Tonio_seb128: is there a maintainance or something on the archives ?01:59
seb128Tonio_: what do you mean?02:00
FujitsuMithrandir: I saw a comment saying it was turned off shortly after 1.1.6 was released, because it broke things.02:00
Tonio_seb128: I have strange issues in pbuilder, packages are downloaded but then apt complains size missmatch02:00
Tonio_seb128: also happens on a clean and new chroot...02:00
seb128Tonio_: change your mirror maybe?02:00
Tonio_seb128: well I use the standard, but yeah, I can try with fr.02:01
Tonio_seb128: will let you know if the error also occurs there02:01
=== Pricey [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mruiz [n=mruiz@ubuntu/member/mruiz] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rodarvus [n=rodarvus@ubuntu/member/rodarvus] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittihey rodarvus 02:07
rodarvushey pitti :)02:07
rodarvusnice to see you!02:08
=== xeruno [n=xeruno@cable201-233-216-118.epm.net.co] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== gizmo_ [n=gizmo@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittirodarvus: and you! how's life?02:12
dholbachTonio_: rock on! - do we need the bluez-utils patch then still?02:12
dholbachpitti: rock on!02:13
Tonio_dholbach: not with this one02:14
Tonio_dholbach: but it'll take a bit of time to get it in02:14
Tonio_dholbach: hopefully that'll be done or feisty02:14
dholbachah ok02:14
Tonio_dholbach: there is a big bunch of bugs, upstream wants to fix them in the next 2 weeks, and we have a li to get in main02:14
Tonio_dholbach: maybe in about one month it'll be in02:15
Tonio_that'll be for for "gutsy" sorry ;)02:15
dholbach*nod* :)02:15
Tonio_dholbach: first thing is to write a MIR I guess :)02:16
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nags [n=nags@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Tonio_seb128: I can confirm the issue on all mirrors02:24
Tonio_seb128: all the corrupted packages seems to come out of the kdepim src package02:24
seb128Tonio_: maybe something on your machine, broken RAM or something02:25
seb128did anybody else complained about that?02:25
Tonio_seb128: not yet, but I cannot reproduce with any other build, that's what looks strange to me...02:25
Tonio_seb128: it only concerns a very specific set of debs02:26
seb128Tonio_: which ones?02:26
Tonio_seb128: all debs produced by kdepim src package...02:26
Tonio_seb128: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdepim/4:3.5.7-1ubuntu402:26
Tonio_seb128: this version, which builds succesfully02:27
Tonio_seb128: hum works with apt.... that's probably a local problem with pbuilder, even if I can't figure out what is the problem....02:29
Tonio_seb128: no need to waste time on that point02:29
=== xxxxx1 [n=xxxxx1@44125.static.fln.virtua.com.br] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== LaughingMan [n=younes@laf31-3-82-225-216-156.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== agoliveira [n=adilson@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Pumpernickel [n=Pumperni@about/essy/bacon/PuMpErNiCkLe] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128gicmo: Alter!02:54
seb128pitti: can you have a look to pygtksourceview in NEW, it should be trivial02:54
=== agoliveir1 [n=adilson@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiseb128: doing02:55
StevenKpitti: 37 ubuntu/curl-cruft/src-list02:55
seb128pitti: can you also consider it for main directly? I've started writting https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MainInclusionReportPygtksourceview but there is not a lot to write, it's a trivial binding package and it's NEW02:55
StevenKpitti: That's discounting stuff like openoffice and apt, but covers about 95% of them.02:56
pittiseb128: don't bother, it's just a new upstream version; I already put the source into main02:56
pittiStevenK: that means 37 rebuilds? that's not too bad after all02:56
StevenKpitti: Right.02:56
pittiseb128: ah, *py*gtksourceview; yes, I'll have a look02:56
pittiseb128: so you already binary-NEWed gtksourceview2?02:57
seb128pitti: yes ;)02:57
pittiseb128: is this going into Debian? I don't like -1 uploads into Ubuntu02:57
seb128pitti: well, I think it'll go one day in Debian, I'm not working on it for Debian though02:58
pittiseb128: could you rename it to -0ubuntu1?02:59
seb128pitti: they will need to get gtksourceview2 first02:59
StevenKpitti: What's worse is it's over half a gig of packed and unpacked source.02:59
pittiStevenK: eww02:59
pittiStevenK: we should do that in the DC then02:59
seb128pitti: there will be a new version before Debian gets it for pretty sure but if you want, sure02:59
pittiStevenK: even without OO.o?02:59
pittiseb128: hm, point02:59
StevenKpitti: Correct, even without OO.o02:59
pittiseb128: but still, common practice and all that02:59
seb128pitti: well, we package it first, there is no reason we can't use -1 ;)03:00
StevenKpitti: Uploading it is okay, since most if not all of them aren't native.03:00
pittiStevenK: if you don't want to download that, can you check which ones can do with a mere no-change rebuild? I'll do these in the DC with a script then03:00
seb128pitti: do you reject this one? I'll reupload using 0ubuntu103:00
pittiseb128: yes, I will03:00
pittiseb128: it looks fine otherwise03:00
StevenKpitti: I already have downloaded them all03:00
seb128pitti: cool03:01
StevenKpitti: It's quite alright, telling you for information purposes. :-)03:01
pittiStevenK: oh dear, poor Australian internet straw03:01
=== etank [n=etank@ubuntu/member/etank] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKpitti: Don't remind me. :-P03:01
Hobbseepitti: dont you have a go at the shoestring, else it may break!03:02
=== pitti does not send a reply to StevenK or Hobbsee to not strain the shoestring even more with IRC replies
Hobbseepitti: you have a phone.03:03
pittihey, all my packets fly through the air and are occasionally eaten by birds, rain, etc., so I feel with you :)03:03
StevenKpitti: I'm tempted to test build all 37 of them, but that might take all night.03:03
=== agoliveira [n=adilson@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiStevenK: that's what we have buildds for :)03:03
Hobbseepitti: dont let Mithrandir hear you say that...03:04
pittiStevenK: for such mass transitions it's generally accepted to throw them at the buildds and clean up after the one or two that fail afterwards03:04
Hobbseepitti: he decided to have a go at me during Developer Weather Report over that one...03:04
StevenKpitti: Aye.03:04
pittiHobbsee: developer time >> buildd time03:04
Hobbseepitti: right.  i'm using that as my rationale next time.03:04
StevenKI didn't think I was smart enough to be a developer. :-P03:04
StevenKpitti: That hm is for me or Hobbsee?03:05
Hobbseefor you, StevenK 03:06
MithrandirHobbsee: If I came across that way, I apologise.  I meant you should test build when you've done changes to the package.  If it's just a rebuild for a transition where you believe there is no breakage involved in the rebuild, it's less important to test first.03:06
pittiStevenK: still trying to interpret your sentence03:06
HobbseeMithrandir: :)03:06
=== Hobbsee hugs Mithrandir
=== Mithrandir bounces
StevenKpitti: It parses correctly for me..03:06
HobbseeMithrandir: why bouncing?03:06
seb128pitti: 0ubuntu1 uploaded03:06
MithrandirHobbsee: just in general.03:07
HobbseeMithrandir: fair enough03:07
HobbseeMithrandir: i dont test build when i'm fairly certain that it wont fail.03:07
StevenKI always test build.03:07
=== StevenK cleans up his /home so he has more than 35Mb free, first.
HobbseeMithrandir: mind you, i never said that you having a go at me over not test building was not warranted...03:08
StevenK1.8G. Much better.03:09
MithrandirHobbsee: heh. :-P03:09
=== Hobbsee stomps on Mithrandir's feet.
pittiwhy is she always so violent to our feet?03:09
Mithrandirbad Hobbsee!03:09
Hobbseepitti: because people didnt seem to like being kicked in the shins.03:10
=== Hobbsee isnt bad!
MithrandirHobbsee: while we like that you stomp our feet?03:10
=== agoliveir2 [n=adilson@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== agoliveir2 is now known as agoliveir1
Hobbseepitti: violence is the solution to any problem!  :P03:11
Hobbseeunless it's against me.03:11
Hobbseeunless it's used against me.03:11
=== agoliveir1 is now known as agoliveira_
=== cynics [n=cynics@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiseb128: accepted03:12
=== seb128 hugs pitti
seb128pitti: thank you!03:12
pittide rien03:13
seb128now I can update gedit ;)03:13
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-41dc496821340dff] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiseb128: oh, gedit is written in python now? :)03:13
seb128pitti: only plugins ;)03:13
=== nags [n=nags@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@83-131-60-75.adsl.net.t-com.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mpytasz [n=dduck@staticline17096.toya.net.pl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pochu [n=emilio@139.Red-83-32-162.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i59F7228F.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-80-211.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bmon [n=monnahan@72.pool85-55-3.dynamic.orange.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== agoliveira_ is now known as agoliveira
=== yveslu [n=yves@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== yveslu [n=yves@] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Kopete]
=== mpytasz [n=dduck@staticline17096.toya.net.pl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Watersevenub [n=Watersev@azevedo.astro.up.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ccmcan somebody tell me please whats the console command to launch the disk analyzer?04:08
ccmthink it crashes on tribe-2 but i only find the icon04:09
ccmand want to investigate on the command line04:09
cjwatsonccm: clarify "disk analyzer"?04:09
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Fujitsuccm: baobab?04:11
=== StevenK wonders how to use gpg-agent
ion_stevenk: I recommend keychain04:12
MithrandirStevenK: echo use-agent >> ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf04:12
Mithrandirthen log in again.04:12
StevenKLet's just say I have 37 uploads to sign, and the thought of having to type my > 20 character passphrase 74 times doesn't appeal.04:12
=== j_ack [n=j_ack@p508D81A9.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
KeybukI hope you weren't so lazy testing them ;-)04:14
Keybukwhy do you have to type it 74 times, anyway?04:14
StevenKSigning the .changes and .dsc04:14
Keybukah, of course04:14
Keybuk(I've used gnome-gpg for so long, it's been years since I signed one directly :p)04:14
=== Mithrandir ruffles gpgsm
StevenKmMithrandir: Which means it will prompt once and remember the passphrase?04:15
=== Hobbsee hugs pinentry-qt
MithrandirStevenK: AIUI, yes04:15
ccmcjwatson/ Fujitsu: it seems to be baobab, thank you 04:20
StevenKMithrandir: gpg: gpg-agent is not available in this session04:22
Mithrandirwhat is $GPG_AGENT_INFO set to?04:23
Mithrandiryou might need to eval `gpg-agent`04:23
=== ion_ still recommends adding keychain to your X and shell sessions. It initializes gpg-agent and ssh-agent nicely.
StevenKHrm. Command not found.04:24
ion_With it, each session shares the same instance(s) of the agents.04:24
ion_So you need to type the password even less.04:24
Mithrandirion_: no, it doesn't, not when you're not using the stock gpg agent, nor the stock ssh agent.04:24
=== _TomB [n=tomb@host81-153-8-121.range81-153.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ion_Well, there are many ways to configure the system so that keychain doesnt work. :-)04:27
cjwatsonerr, x11-common ships an ssh-agent session script itself, and gnupg-agent ships a gpg-agent session script04:27
cjwatsonyou don't need keychain to get that feature04:27
ion_Agents started that way arent shared between sessions.04:27
ion_which is the point of keychain.04:27
cjwatsonoh, between X sessions not between terminal sessions. OK.04:28
cjwatsonthat might help me deal with agents in chroots more elegantly04:28
StevenKSigh. I can't script it because pinentry-curses is brain-damaged04:29
ion_Keychain starts the agents once and they keep running until stopped or the system is halted. No matter how you login to the box, you environment always points to the same agents.04:29
iwjThe cmos clock in this laptop is very very confused.04:33
iwj/dev/sda4 has gone 49710 days ...04:33
=== agoliveira is now known as agoliveira_lunch
mjg59iwj: Is that immediately after install?04:33
elmowe get that immediately after every netboot install we do, ATM04:34
Hobbseegreetings mjg59, elmo 04:34
mjg59It's something to do with the timezone changing during the install04:34
iwjmjg59: t04:35
iwjThis is from a gutsy CD with no networking.04:35
iwj49710 days is rather more than a timezone.04:35
mjg59What I think it /actually/ means is "/dev/sda4 has gone -1 hours"04:35
iwjSo I now see.04:35
geserpitti: re apache: I've got a list with the remaining apache rdepends and their Debian bugs about it04:36
mjg59Quite why fsck is doing unsigned arithmetic, I'm not sure04:36
=== mruiz [n=mruiz@ubuntu/member/mruiz] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKgeser: I was planning on filing a large removal request for apache modules with no rdepends.04:38
geserStevenK: what happens if the Debian maintainer decides to build it with apache2 (if possible)?04:39
cjwatsonmjg59: possibly suggests that the CMOS clock is failing in such a way that it's zero on initial boot until you get NTP going?04:39
=== iceman__ [n=iceman@cable-87-244-153-189.upc.chello.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKgeser: For some of the modules I can't see it happening, and it only means they hit NEW if the Debian maintainer does.04:40
geserok, are you interested on my list for the rdepends with their Debian bug numbers?04:41
StevenKgeser: I have my own list of the rdepends.04:41
=== mruiz [n=mruiz@ubuntu/member/mruiz] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Bye!"]
StevenKpitti: All 37 libcurl4 rebuilds uploaded.04:43
pittiStevenK: yay, thanks04:43
StevenKpitti: No problem. I think I might kill someone if Debian handles another transition like this one. :-)04:44
HobbseeStevenK: now now.  killing people is BAD.04:45
geserwill those libcurl4 transitions debs be removed again?04:45
HobbseeStevenK: else let me kill the people at work, dammit!04:46
StevenKgeser: They have been already, if you'd checked.04:48
StevenKHobbsee: :-P04:48
mjg59cjwatson: No, I get it on known good hardware04:52
StevenKpitti: Did you NBS libcurl4{,-gnutls} (again)?04:52
cjwatsonmjg59: can't think why else mkfs would set the modtime to -104:53
mjg59cjwatson: No, it's set it to one hour ahead of the current time04:53
cjwatsonoh I see, ok04:53
cjwatsonyes, it's tricky because of (a) ordering of bits of the install and (b) the hardware clock isn't actually set in the installer at all04:54
cjwatsonI think the fix should be some combination of clobbering mkfs to adjust the mtime it sets, and clobbering the boot scripts to do hardware clock vs. fsck in the right order (which is tricky)04:55
mjg59cjwatson: I suspect that the easiest thing to do would just make fsck do it with signed values and ignore negative numbers04:55
=== MagnusR [n=magru@c83-252-237-96.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cprov [n=cprov@canonical/launchpad/cprov] has joined #ubuntu-devel
asacKeybuk: Mithrandir ... do you know anything about the origin of our 05-debian-backend patch in NM? e.g. when and where did it first appear? I don't find anything in changelog05:09
Mithrandirasac: written partially by Scott and partially by me.05:09
asacgood ... look http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/28497/ lines 74,81 ... or lines 94,10105:10
asacwhat is that hunk for? whatever it does ... the outcome should completely undeterministic05:10
Mithrandiruh, unsure05:11
MithrandirI don't think I wrote that bit of the code.05:11
asacyeah ;)05:11
Hobbseeor if you did, you're nto claiming it!05:11
Mithrandirit'd be easy enough to check if I did.05:11
Keybukasac: that's the meat of our patch05:12
=== Keybuk wrote it
asacfunny thing is I don't find any bug that has a message that is outputted there ... so it looks like the code is never used?05:12
Keybukthe code is used all the time05:12
asache ... so what happens if it returns FALSE?05:12
Keybukoh. wait a minute05:13
asacwhat it definitly will from time to time05:13
Keybuksorry, wrong hunk05:13
Mithrandirit's just dialup bits.05:13
KeybukI thought you were referring to the blacklist stuff05:13
asacno ... lines above05:13
Keybukthe dial-up bits probably came from Debian unmodified05:13
Keybukmy apologies05:13
asacstatus not initialised05:13
Keybukyeah, no idea on that05:13
Keybukcertainly wasn't me; I never touched dial-up related stuff05:13
asacanother blind spot is 17_avahi_autoipd.patch ... its completely undocumented in changelog05:14
asacthats the patch05:15
Mithrandirthat's pitti's code.05:15
asacpitti: ^^^05:15
asacpitti: and can we go over the ifup/down bug lets say tomorrow? ... i still cannot follow your reasoning ... at least not for the original bug reporters case.05:18
=== jdstrand [n=james@mail.strandboge.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiasac: right, let's05:19
pittiasac: however, I did document the patch; maybe it was lost in a merge?05:19
pittiasac: however, I think we can drop it anyway05:20
asacwhen should that --check exit with 0?05:20
asaci cannot get it exit with zero ;)05:20
ScottKpitti: Thanks (for pinentry).05:20
Hobbseeseb128: now, what were you saying to me yesterday....?05:20
geserStevenK: I got home only an hour ago, so I hadn't time to check it05:20
pittiasac: when I wrote it, it seemed that avahi would need avahi-autoipd to work, but n-m's own code should do as well05:20
pittiasac: it will exit with 0 if autoipd is running on an iface05:21
geserStevenK: you seem to have much time now to do archive cleanups. Will you work through the apache rdepends or should I do it?05:21
asacok ... when do you have a slot tomorrow (1 hour) to look at the ifup/down bug?05:22
StevenKgeser: I'm happy to do it.05:22
asacpitti: ^^05:22
=== shirish [n=shirish@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiasac: I'll do some experiments and check whether we can drop the patch05:22
Hobbseegeser: see http://people.ubuntu.org.au/~fujitsu/debcheck/05:22
StevenKI've been doing archive cleanups for a while.05:22
pittiasac: yes, no problme05:22
asacpitti: thanks05:22
shirishubotu paste05:22
ubotupastebin is a service to post large texts so you don't flood the channel. The Ubuntu pastebin is at http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org (make sure you give us the URL for your paste - see also the #ubuntu channel topic)05:22
asacpitti: shall i just ping ... or do you prefer some time ... like 8 in the morning ;) ?05:22
pittiasac: just ping me, I don't have anything special planned for tomorrow05:23
crimsunKeybuk: hi, is it possible to run MoM for selected source packages in main?05:23
=== agoliveira_lunch is now known as agoliveira
pittiasac: I'll check out the current state of autoipd interaction05:23
shirishStevenK: I'm sorry to bring it here but I hope you know about http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/28503/05:24
Keybukcrimsun: yes, though why do you need to?05:24
crimsunKeybuk: I'd like to merge alsa-driver from Sid05:25
StevenKshirish: They are being taken care of.05:25
shirishStevenK: ok thanx, just wanted to bring it to your notice, that's all :)05:26
HobbseeStevenK: https://launchpad.net/bugs/124008 too, it looks like05:26
ubotuLaunchpad bug 124008 in curl "libcurl4-openssl no longer exists" [Undecided,New]  05:26
Keybukcrimsun: what's wrong the the published merge?05:26
crimsunKeybuk: 1.0.14-1 is the current Sid one; MoM lists 1.0.13-505:27
shirishStevenK: there is also this http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org/28504/05:27
shirishthat's gnash in firefox-granparadiso 05:28
gesershirish: all this should get fixed if all the rebuilds are done and on the archive05:28
Keybukcrimsun: mom is still updating, probably hasn't updated the html yet05:28
Keybukhas 1.0.14-105:29
shirishgeser: I am hoping, I didn't want to file a bug as I know things are in transaction05:29
crimsunKeybuk: ah, ok.  Thanks.05:29
geserStevenK: I assume bug #123826 can also be closed05:29
ubotuLaunchpad bug 123826 in curl "libcurl3-gnutls gutsy upgrade failed" [Undecided,New]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12382605:29
Keybuka big "day" from Debian05:29
StevenKHobbsee: Thanks, sorted out.05:30
gesershirish: ask again if the problem is still there in the next week05:30
HobbseeStevenK: no problem05:30
shirishgeser: cool :)05:30
StevenKgeser: Closed.05:31
StevenKshirish: It looks I missed gnash.05:31
StevenKshirish: I'll sort out that now, thank you.05:32
=== Hobbsee :( . No heno.
shirishkeep up the good work guys, I'm gonna watch 'Its a beautiful life' for the umpteenth time :)05:34
=== mpytasz [n=dduck@staticline17096.toya.net.pl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== shirish [n=shirish@] has left #ubuntu-devel []
geserStevenK: you've also missed gnupg2 (at least LP doesn't show a recent upload)05:34
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKgeser: So noted.05:36
=== Hobbsee ponders laptop keyboards as pillows
sladenHobbsee: find real people, they're softer (though they move about more too)05:39
Mithrandirlaptop keyboards are wonderful pillows05:39
Hobbseesladen: i think i did at UDS a couple of times...05:40
simirasladen :) Where are you now?05:42
=== Hobbsee_ [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== johanbr [n=j@JBrannlund.MathStat.Dal.Ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== BenC [n=bcollins@debian/developer/bcollins] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C6865D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== IanC26 [n=IanC26@2002:908b:a5e7:4:216:6fff:fe39:ff6e] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiasac: I blame Mithrandir; http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/n/network-manager/network-manager_0.6.3-2ubuntu7/changelog still has my changelog, and the subsequent merge dropped it05:55
pittiasac: let's restore the 0.6.3-2ubuntu[1-7]  logs on next upload05:56
=== iwj [n=ian@xenophobe.extern.relativity.greenend.org.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hjmf [n=hjmf@150.Red-83-44-175.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Martinp23 [n=Martinp2@wikimedia/Martinp23] has joined #ubuntu-devel
asacpitti: cool06:00
seb128pitti: do you usually merge the changelog entries?06:01
pittiseb128: yes, of course06:01
asacseb128: i hope so06:01
seb128"of course"06:01
seb128we don't for desktop packages ...06:01
seb128we just summarize all the change in the merge entry06:02
pittiwell, explaining everything is fine, too06:02
pittiif that includes bug numbers, etc.06:02
seb128that's easier to read, easier to merge and there is no need to keep a zillion of old entries06:02
pitti(I usually do both)06:02
asacseb128: depends how much development was put into your changes06:02
=== Hobbsee makes a mental note to destroy all cameras at the next UDS that she's at.
bhaleHobbsee: ?06:02
asacif its really development vs. a one-line bug fix ... having a verbose explanation is good06:02
seb128asac: well, the summary has explanation for the patches, etc06:02
Hobbseebhale: so they cant take photos of me, and use them for talks.06:03
asacah ... depends on who made the patches :)06:03
asacseb128: but then yes06:03
cjwatsondesktop is a historical exception, but standard practice in the rest of the distro is to keep old changelog entries unless syncing with Debian06:03
ScottKHobbsee: What package is the bug against?06:04
asacpitti: bug 12401806:04
ubotuLaunchpad bug 124018 in network-manager "reinstantiate dropped changelog entries on next upload" [Undecided,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12401806:04
HobbseeScottK: kubuntu-meta, i guess06:04
seb128Hobbsee: hey, I was saying something yesterday?06:04
HobbseeScottK: whichever06:04
pittiasac: (or summarize the patches)06:04
pittiasac: thanks06:04
Hobbseeseb128: a few days ago.  @ gstreamer0.8-swfdec06:04
Hobbseeseb128: did you see the ping in -bugs? :P06:05
seb128Hobbsee: yeah, but he left before I replied :p06:05
Hobbseeseb128: completely coincidently, of course :D06:05
pittiasac: ok, autoipd patch still works for eth devices, but not for wifi06:05
seb128indeed ;)06:05
mjg59cjwatson: I think just adding a cast to line 288 of e2fsck/unix.c would do06:06
=== AlessandroD [n=alessand@] has joined #Ubuntu-devel
asacpitti: when does avahi step in? recently i had an avahi eth interface after crashing network-manager ... but i usually don't have it06:07
pittiasac: /etc/dhcp3/dhclient-exit-hooks.d/zzz_avahi-autoipd06:08
pittiasac: i. e. if DHCP times out, dhclient starts avahi-autoipd on that interface to get an IPv4ll address06:08
asachmmm ok ... might have been related as networking was completely broken after nm crash .. anyway .. i would have expected to dhclient to just retry06:09
pittiand a manual 'iwconfig eth1 mode ad-hoc essid pittinet; dhclient eth1' still works06:09
asacthe outcome was completely broken ... e.g. networking didn't work at all06:10
pittiasac: n-m starts dhclient with -1, so it won't retry06:10
pittiso n-m doesn't call dhclient correctly for ad-hoc wifis, as it seems06:10
asaci don't have wifi06:11
pittiasac: the idea was to have autoipd kick in if you create a new wireless network (ad-hoc), and thus don't have DHCP06:11
asacjust plain eth06:11
pittiasac: for that it should work; plug in a cable without a running DHCP server, and you should get an ipv4ll address after 30 seconds (DHCP timeout)06:11
asacyeah ... for me it brought brokeness ;) ... just because my dhcpd was down for a while06:11
asacor not reachable ... anyway ... nevermind06:11
pittiasac: well, it doesn't break the network any further06:11
asacno idea how i can get back to that state06:12
pittiasac: if you don't have DHCP, then wit ipv4ll you have at least *some* valid address06:12
pittiinstead of none at all06:12
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== AlessandroD [n=alessand@] has joined #Ubuntu-devel
pittiasac: hm, it doesn't seem to trigger dhcdbd at all for wifi06:13
asachmmm  i am not convinced06:13
pittigosh, I'll track that down later06:13
asacanyway ... i might be wrong :)06:14
pittiasac: what's your doubt?06:14
asacmy doubt is that i ended up in unusable state06:14
pittiasac: do you think that having an ipv4ll address is worse than having none?06:14
asacyeah ... if having none is just temporary06:14
pittiasac: right, because your DHCP server was down; nothing that n-m could do about fixing that :)06:14
asacit should not have removed my ip to start with06:15
pittiasac: when did it remove it?06:15
asaci have no idea ... network  manager crashed ... ip was removed ... and avahi interface went up06:16
mjg59cjwatson: Ben Hutchings points out that it looks like older e2fsck versions did this differently06:16
mjg59Which is probably why we didn't see it in the past06:16
asacanyway ... its not reproducible06:17
pittiasac: that very much sounds like this infamous bug 90267 :)06:17
ubotuLaunchpad bug 90267 in network-manager "network-manager stops and restarts already ifup'ed interfaces" [Critical,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/9026706:17
asaciirc, it happened when i restarted dbus in my gutsy chroot or something06:17
asacpitti: yeah ... hope it is :) ... lets look at that tomorrow06:18
cjwatsonmjg59: looks plausible, but I think somebody who understands it and has thought it all through should apply that :-)06:21
pittiasac: I can perfectly reproduce that, and it's easy to do; anyway, tomorrow06:24
=== pitti -> dinner
dholbachogra: new gnome-power-manager06:25
ograthanks :)06:26
dholbachde rien06:26
asacpitti: i never claimed that the ifup'ed bug doesn't exist :) ... i am just unsure if the initial reporters problem was really due to that bug06:27
geserStevenK: as you work your way currently through the NBS files: I've already looked at gnome-chemistry-utils (one of the last depends on libgoffice-0-3). g-c-u 0.6 doesn't build with libgoffice-0-4. So it needs either patching or the current stable version g-c-u 0.8 which does.06:27
Hobbseegeser: it's 2.30am here - he'll be asleep06:27
MithrandirHobbsee: unlike you? :-P06:28
geserHobbsee: I should install some clock which shows me also the time in .au06:29
Mithrandirgeser: 'TZ=Australia/Sydney date'06:29
sladenpitti: unable to renew shouldn't (from the user point of view) lead to "break my working config".  On non-flakey networks with silly renew times (eg. 600 seconds) I kill -9 dhclient once I have a working config so that it won't pull the carpet from under my feet the next time it misses 3 packets in a row, on a congested network06:30
=== RadiantFire [n=ryan@ip68-230-209-186.rd.hr.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachuse tzwatch :)06:30
ogradholbach, wow, you were even faster than the announce mail ;)06:30
Mithrandirsladen: if the lease expires, it should bring down the interface.06:30
ograjust got it06:30
HobbseeMithrandir: he does slightly saner timezones than i do.  and i had a kubuntu meeting.06:30
HobbseeMithrandir: i'm a night owl, remember?06:31
dholbachogra: I'm not :)06:31
MithrandirHobbsee: I've noticed06:31
dholbachI got the mail before already :)06:31
geserHobbsee: you live in the wrong timezone :)06:31
ogradholbach, well, then i blame my evo for slowness :P06:31
Hobbseegeser: i know.  i plan to move to europe at some point in the future.06:31
=== Lure_ [n=lure@89-212-19-55.dynamic.dsl.t-2.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
MithrandirHobbsee: hopefully you then won't just switch to hawaii time06:32
sladenMithrandir: there's "should" and "should".06:32
geserHobbsee: which TZ value should one now use to know when you sleep (you do still sleep, do you?)?06:32
HobbseeMithrandir: haha, true06:32
Hobbseegeser: hell yes, i still sleep.  european time, or so06:33
Hobbseemaybe berlin time + 4 hours or something06:33
sladenHobbsee: move to European.  Less holes in the Ozone layer!06:33
Hobbseesladen: the plan is there.  the execution is not.06:33
Hobbseesladen: okay, the vague plan is there, the detailed plan and execution is not.06:34
ograsladen, she wants to tan a bit before :)06:34
geserStevenK: but g-c-u 0.8 needs a new openbabel (I've got updated debs for both) but I'm currently stuck at gchempaint (it needs to be updated too because of the new g-c-u)06:34
Hobbseeogra: i go red.  ask kgoetz if you want.06:34
Hobbseeogra: i dont seem to tan much06:34
geserStevenK: could you help me with it?06:34
=== m_i_t [n=zakame@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograHobbsee, ah, well, probably more ozone helps that then :)06:35
seb128ogra: gnome-power-manager 2.19.5 available06:35
Hobbseeogra: and i've found out that i dont like keeping on whiting/blacking out due to major dehydration, after said sunburn :P06:35
ograseb128, heh, yes, thanks 06:35
sladenHobbsee: post degree plan?06:36
ogradholbach, seb128's evo is slower *g*06:36
Hobbseeogra: i could walk 6 steps - and splat06:36
ograseb128, thanks :)06:36
Hobbseesladen: yeah, something like that.  i think.  switching degrees anyway, so i may be able to do bits overseas.  *shrugs*06:36
Hobbseesladen: havent looked into it06:36
seb128ogra: not sure, I'm just not sleeping the whole day in front of it ;)06:36
=== nags [n=nags@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== NeilW [n=neil@] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C4A53D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-64-92.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rexbron [n=rexbron@TOROON63-1177742445.sdsl.bell.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
rexbronmr_pouit: hey, could you check your email. I sent you a message regarding Murrine06:53
Keybukopenoffice ... anyone know how to adjust the scale of the chart06:55
Keybukif I want it so the X-Axis goes from 0 to 100, whatever the data, how do I do that?06:55
Mithrandirscale your numbers?06:55
=== cprov [n=cprov@canonical/launchpad/cprov] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbionecjwatson: what is the installer package in charge to detect disks? When installing, right before you go to the partitioner, there is that sequence of modprobe of different modules..07:05
=== fabbione needs to check if there is also a udevtrigger in the sequence
cjwatsonfabbione: disk-detect07:07
fabbionecjwatson: thanks07:08
cjwatsonfabbione: and yes, it calls udevtrigger via update-dev in debian-installer-utils.07:08
fabbionecjwatson: am I blind, but i can't see it in debian/svn ?07:08
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@2-61.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbionecjwatson: ok cool then i don't even need to look at it..07:08
cjwatsonfabbione: apt-cache showsrc disk-detect ...07:09
=== munckfish [n=munckfis@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ivoks_ [n=ivoks@36-183.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Keybukgnargh, now how do I get OO to print in frickin' Landscape07:15
=== luka74 [n=lure@89-212-19-55.dynamic.dsl.t-2.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
geserKeybuk: Format -> Page07:18
Keybukgeser: ah07:18
KeybukI tried the "Portrait"/"Landscape" box in the Print dialog ... silly me07:19
=== sommer [n=sommer@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bmon__ [n=monnahan@52.pool85-55-25.dynamic.orange.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
KeybukI would do anything for the person who comes up with a decent set of "Office" applications07:25
pittiion_: and latex-beamer!07:26
=== pitti -> Taekwondo, cu tomorrow
Keybukion_: sorry, something that involves *less* pain than openoffice07:26
Toadstoolseb128: re xfce4-cellmodem-plugin, I'm a moron, please reject it. I used the same debian dir as the one for xfce4-cddrive-plugin and obviously screwed up big time when I updated debian/copyright. I'd better do something else than packaging sorry for the noise07:26
seb128Toadstool: it's not that bad, just fix that line and it's good enough ;)07:27
seb128Toadstool: use the text in /usr/share/debhelper/dh_make/licenses/gpl (dh-make)07:28
Toadstoolyep, thanks07:28
=== desrt waves to keybuk
=== desrt is licked
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has joined #ubuntu-devel
LaserJockcjwatson: available?07:37
cjwatsonLaserJock: sure07:37
=== bmon [n=monnahan@148.pool85-55-8.dynamic.orange.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== alex-weej [n=alex@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== macd [n=d@cl-116.atl-01.us.sixxs.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachhttp://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/WeeklyTODO needs some applause, I think :)07:47
=== LaserJock claps
=== bmon__ [n=monnahan@34.pool85-55-3.dynamic.orange.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
xxxxx1heya people07:52
xxxxx1bug #12285207:52
ubotuLaunchpad bug 122852 in ecryptfs-utils "[gusty gibbon]  Ecryptfs Hangs during file save" [Undecided,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12285207:52
xxxxx1can someone give a look at this bug?07:52
=== glatzor [n=renate@p57AED683.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
xxxxx1is related to gutsy Linux kernel version07:52
xxxxx1if someone have a suggestion... i'll appreciate07:52
dholbachxxxxx1: #ubuntu-kernel maybe?07:53
xxxxx1dholbach, >:)07:53
xxxxx1wrong channel, sorry07:53
dholbachno problem :)07:54
=== tormod [n=tormod@80-219-112-71.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bmon [n=monnahan@191.pool85-55-26.dynamic.orange.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== calc [n=ccheney@conr-adsl-209-169-124-200.consolidated.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
geserLaserJock: are you familiar with gnome-chemistry-utils?08:02
LaserJockI work on it upstream, although that's fairly recent08:03
=== stratus [n=stratus@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Martinp23_ [n=Martinp2@wikimedia/Martinp23] has joined #ubuntu-devel
LaserJockgeser: what do you need?08:05
=== Lure_ [n=lure@89-212-19-55.dynamic.dsl.t-2.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bmon__ [n=monnahan@164.pool85-55-27.dynamic.orange.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
geserthe current g-c-u in gutsy depend on libgoffice-0-3 which got replaced with libgoffice-0-408:12
geseris it ok to update to g-c-u 0.8?08:12
LaserJockgeser: yes, I think so08:13
=== Kmos [n=gothicx@unaffiliated/kmos] has joined #ubuntu-devel
LaserJockgeser: 0.8.1 is new (even includes some icons I did, scary)08:15
geserLaserJock: is gchempaint also save to update to gchempaint 0.8.*?08:17
LaserJockgeser: safe?08:17
geseryes, safe08:18
LaserJockgeser: hmm, well 0.8 is nice, but I'm not sure about the deps08:19
=== luka74 [n=lure@89-212-19-55.dynamic.dsl.t-2.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
LaserJockgeser: I kinda think that our openbabel isn't higher enough08:20
LaserJockblah, high enough version08:20
geserthe homepage for gchempaint mentions that 0.6 doesn't build with g-c-u 0.8 so it would be wise to update it also08:20
LaserJockyeah, I'll ask Jean about that08:20
geserLaserJock: yes, I needed to update openbabel too08:20
=== bmon [n=monnahan@81.pool85-55-1.dynamic.orange.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
LaserJockwe're working on 0.9 right now08:21
LaserJockwe do the "odd unstable, even stable" versioning08:21
LaserJockgeser: I do know that debian is working on openbabel08:22
geserand as openbabel changed the soversion to 2, so gchempaint needs at least a rebuild08:22
geserok, I try to get in contact with the Debian maintainer08:22
LaserJockdebichem is the place to ask08:25
=== micahcowan [n=micah@ubuntu/member/micahcowan] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-devel
geserLaserJock: is http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/debichem-devel the right one?08:31
LaserJockgeser: http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debichem-devel/2007-June/000073.html08:32
LaserJockgeser: yeah08:32
geserso I will wait with the whole batch08:33
=== ompaul [n=ompaul@freenode/staff/gnewsense.ompaul] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hjmf [n=hjmf@150.Red-83-44-175.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hjmf [n=hjmf@150.Red-83-44-175.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tsmithe [n=toby@ubuntu/member/tsmithe] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Knightlust [n=Dax@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== allee [n=ach@lapex-mcallee.mpe.mpg.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Mez [n=Mez@ubuntu/member/mez] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bmon [n=monnahan@110.pool85-55-16.dynamic.orange.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bmon__ [n=monnahan@231.pool85-55-27.dynamic.orange.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-164-135-78.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Mez [n=Mez@ubuntu/member/mez] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Arby [n=richard@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C6865D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tsmithe [n=toby@ubuntu/member/tsmithe] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Chipzzif I wanted to file a bug I'm sure also applies to debian, where would I file it? launchpad or debian bts?09:30
=== bmon [n=monnahan@231.pool85-55-26.dynamic.orange.es] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sharms [n=sharms@ubuntu/member/sharms] has joined #ubuntu-devel
geserboth? and link them09:48
mptChipzz, what geser said09:49
=== thekorn_ [n=thekorn@a89-182-64-92.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== RadiantFire [n=ryan@upstream/dev/RadiantFire] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== spacey [n=herman@ubuntu/member/spacey] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Monk-e [n=guido-xu@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-64-92.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== amitk [n=amit@a81-197-135-210.elisa-laajakaista.fi] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hunger [n=tobias@p54A71ECC.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Mez [n=Mez@ubuntu/member/mez] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== adam0509 [n=benoit@stc92-1-82-227-107-105.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mbiebl [n=michael@e180070076.adsl.alicedsl.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== SEOmoz [n=SEOmoz@unaffiliated/seomoz] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== RadiantFire [n=ryan@ip68-230-209-186.rd.hr.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cypher1 [n=cypher1@c-69-249-127-102.hsd1.nj.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sladenour Firefox disable middle-click URL paste patch seems to have been dropped10:48
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== allee [n=ach@lapex-mcallee.mpe.mpg.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ogra_ [n=ogra@p548ACB1E.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mpytasz [n=dduck@staticline17096.toya.net.pl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j_ack [n=j_ack@p508D81A9.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cypher1 [n=cypher1@c-69-249-127-102.hsd1.nj.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Arby_ [n=richard@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== AlinuxOS [n=alinux@host171-131-dynamic.8-79-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
AlinuxOShello doko!11:43
=== tkamppeter [n=till@bl8-118-146.dsl.telepac.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== haggai [n=halls@credativ.bcnadsl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Pici [n=pcmacman@ool-4355be00.dyn.optonline.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ubijtsa [n=ubijtsa@karlsson.force9.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hunger_t [n=tobias@p54A71ECC.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== didymo [n=ashley@CPE-61-9-197-223.static.nsw.bigpond.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gman [i=gman@nat/sun/x-bd6bb4c7deee0a5e] has joined #ubuntu-devel

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!