geserScottK: http://launchpadlibrarian.net/8296887/py2.5.diff12:13
=== ScottK looks
ScottKgeser: Does that still work with 2.4 too?12:14
=== ScottK will get that uploaded to Debian.
geserfor both python2.4 and python2.5 the test file succeeds12:16
geserI tested it on AMD64 so I assume it should also work on 32bit12:17
geserScottK: should I also add the patch to Debian bug #423314?12:17
ubotuDebian bug 423314 in python-tclink "[Fwd: Re: python-tclink 3.4 fails with python2.5] " [Important,Open]  http://bugs.debian.org/42331412:17
ScottKOK.  I'll test it on i386 before I commit it.12:18
ScottKgeser: Up to you.  12:18
ScottKI'll commit it to the Debian Python Modules Team and then hunt for a DD to upload it either way.12:19
geserok, I will add it to the Debian bug and cc upstream12:20
=== vbabiy [n=vbabiy@pool-71-164-85-238.albyny.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-b32e19c9868c4362] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKSounds good.12:27
=== javier_galicia [n=Javier@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
geserScottK: have you tested it on i386 already?12:28
ScottKNo.  Got distracted by family stuff.  Assembling the package now.12:29
geserIt would be good to know if it works for you too before I sent it upstream12:29
ScottKIt looks like Debian has a patch in that's not released yet.  I'm checking to make sure this doesn't conflict.12:32
=== c0dex__ [n=c0dex__@unaffiliated/c0dex/x-029467] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== c0dex__ [n=c0dex__@unaffiliated/c0dex/x-029467] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Saliendo"]
=== mario_ [n=mario@83-131-11-180.adsl.net.t-com.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKgeser: This patch: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/python-modules/packages/python-tclink/trunk/debian/patches/py_tclink-type-error-fix.dpatch?op=file&rev=0&sc=0 is for a different problem (if I'm reading it correctly), but interferes with yours.  how about you edit this patch instead of creating a new one?12:37
ScottKgeser: I also asked the guy that did the patch in Debian what he thought.12:41
ScottKgeser: I have just your patch building.12:46
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-187-102.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKgeser: It builds. It may be a bit before I can get the Debian package update.  You might want to do an ubuntu2 in the meantime.12:51
geserScottK: will do an upload tomorrow, it's nearly 1 a.m. here12:52
=== reggaemanu_ [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-49-195.w81-53.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tritium [n=tritium@ubuntu/member/tritium] has joined #ubuntu-motu
geserScottK: I'm going to bed now, see you tomorrow12:55
jussi01gah, i hate it when gutsy breaks badly...12:56
jussi01especially when it looks like a stupid reason....12:57
=== doko_ [n=doko@dslb-088-073-115-190.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Arrogance [n=aks@ottawa-hs-209-217-84-13.d-ip.magma.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== hendrixski [n=hendrixs@cpe-66-66-116-183.rochester.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
hendrixskiI just switched to a new computer, and am trying to get my old gpg key on board... I can't sign debian packages 'cause it says it has no private key... but it never asked me :-(01:04
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-187-102.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
hendrixskianybody have any words of wisdom?01:05
jussi01hmmm... words of wisdom.... nope... sorry, not me....01:06
hendrixskijussi01, lol01:07
hendrixskiI had a flashback to windows... maybe it'll help if I reboot??? 'cause I already restarted the gpg-agent...01:08
jussi01hendrixski: i didnt see your issue...01:08
jussi01I just logged on again..01:08
hendrixskijussi01, oh... right right.... lemme try that log-out & log-in01:09
ScottKWhen hendrixski comes back ask him if he copied his ~/.gnupg from the old computer to the new one.  Thats' where the secret key is.01:12
=== reggaemanu_ [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-49-195.w81-53.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jussi01ScottK: yeah, I didnt see what he asked, lol01:12
jussi01wht was his problem?01:12
DarkSun88jussi01: <hendrixski> I just switched to a new computer, and am trying to get my old gpg key on board... I can't sign debian packages 'cause it says it has no private key... but it never asked me :-(01:13
ScottKNo private key on a new computer.01:13
=== hendrixski [n=hendrixs@cpe-66-66-116-183.rochester.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
DarkSun88hendrixski: <ScottK> When hendrixski comes back ask him if he copied his ~/.gnupg from the old computer to the new one.  Thats' where the secret key is.01:13
hendrixskijussi01, n go01:13
hendrixskiDarkSun88, no... I didn't... is there a way to recreate the ~/.gnupg if I have my public and private keys?01:14
DarkSun88hendrixski: I don't know.01:16
hendrixskiDarkSun88, ScottK, is it safe for me to go around messing with the files in the ~/.gnupg directory?  or are there gpg commands I should use instead?01:18
hendrixskioh... wait it's all binary files.... bugger01:22
hendrixski:-(  so am I supposed to create a new gpg key for each computer?01:25
StevenKYou have an export of your private and public keys?01:27
hendrixskiStevenK, you mean like the .asc file of the key?01:29
StevenKI thought a .asc was a signature.01:30
hendrixskiStevenK, oh... umm, then no.. I can export it using seahorse...:-) would that set it up so that I  can sign stuff?  or are there steps I can do once it's exported that would allow me to do that again?01:32
hendrixskioh ... wait... when I click on it to export it then it tells me that I can save the export as a .asc.... :-( I am SSSSSSSSOOOOOO confused01:33
=== anibal [n=anibal@debian/developer/anibal] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== hendrixski cries
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jussi01hendrixski: so cant you just copy th ~/.gnupg folder to each machine?01:47
hendrixskijussi01, no... because I wiped out the other computer :-(01:49
jussi01oh... hendrixski i would say they are gone forever.... just create a new one, and get someone to resync revu for you...01:50
jussi01thats what i did01:50
=== _16aR_ [n=dolanor@unaffiliated/16ar/x-367395] has joined #ubuntu-motu
hendrixskiwell... I'll create one for the time being.. I'm still on the learning curve here (OBVIOUSLY) so none of what I'm packaging even works... let alone is good enough to submit back01:52
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-164-135-78.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jussi01heh, dont worry, you will get there :)01:52
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-motu
hendrixskijussi01, getting there is half the fun.01:58
hendrixskiok... so I created a new gpg key... only gona let this one hang around for 10 days...01:58
hendrixskiand tried to create the package again and... same error01:58
hendrixskigpg: [stdin] : clearsign failed: secret key not available02:00
hendrixskiseriously is that a bug or am I just not smart enough to do this?02:03
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-84d29f83ddcf3bb9] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== hendrixski gives up... and goes for a walk
=== hendrixski [n=hendrixs@cpe-66-66-116-183.rochester.res.rr.com] has left #ubuntu-motu [""Screw]
jussi01oh... the poor guy...02:08
=== Bassetts [n=Bassetts@5ac2dd48.bb.sky.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== DarkMageZ [n=richard@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jml_ [n=jml@203-113-250-169-static.TAS.netspace.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== persia [n=persia@ubuntu/member/persia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Bassetts [n=Bassetts@5ac2dd48.bb.sky.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== luisbg [n=luisbg@189.Red-88-17-122.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fdoving [n=frode@ubuntu/member/frode] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== siretart [i=siretart@ubuntu/member/siretart] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== IanC26 [n=IanC26@2002:cb36:1cf8:4:216:6fff:fe39:ff6e] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Bassetts [n=Bassetts@5ac2dd48.bb.sky.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-164-135-78.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Bassetts [n=Bassetts@5ac2dd48.bb.sky.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lousygarua [n=amir@89-138-63-178.bb.netvision.net.il] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Bassetts [n=Bassetts@5ac2dd48.bb.sky.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Bassetts [n=Bassetts@5ac2dd48.bb.sky.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Bassetts [n=Bassetts@5ac2dd48.bb.sky.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== rexbron [n=rexbron@CPE001310b2d1d1-CM0012256e816a.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Bassetts [n=Bassetts@5ac2dd48.bb.sky.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== _MMA_ [n=mma@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lousygarua [n=amir@89-138-63-178.bb.netvision.net.il] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== lousygarua1 [n=amir@89-138-63-178.bb.netvision.net.il] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cynics [n=cynics@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-a5574e0d46dab57e] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== luis_lopez [n=luis@ip216-239-86-68.vif.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Lure [n=lure@89-212-19-55.dynamic.dsl.t-2.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mwolson [i=mwolson@jpi-wlafyte-212-116.dmisinetworks.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== leonel [n=leonel@] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== Fujitsu [n=fujitsu@ubuntu/member/fujitsu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mwolsoncan someone please push my updates to erc and muse-el out on REVU?  the erc update resolves a DaD entry03:55
mwolsonand the muse-el update will preemptively resolve one :^)03:56
persiamwolson: For a merge (erc), please rather post a debdiff against the Debian release to a bug.04:00
mwolson"post" as in post to a launchpad bug?04:01
persiamwolson: Yes.  When processing a merge, please open a launchpad bug (so others can see you are working on it), and when it is complete, attach a debdiff against Debian for the changes (or if the orig.tar.gz files differ, a debdiff against Ubuntu, with a note that it requires a manual merge, and that the debdiff is against Ubuntu).04:03
persiamwolson: Having just looked also at muse-el, the same guidelines apply.  Archiving both uploads.04:04
=== Scoaz [n=Scoaz@tdev233-113.codetel.net.do] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Scoaz [n=Scoaz@tdev233-113.codetel.net.do] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Konversation]
StevenKExcellent. I managed to just sneak in the new curl upload.04:07
persiamwolson: Looking at some of your other uploads - you probably want to read "Preparing New Revisions" in https://wiki,ubuntu.com/MOTU/Contributing: bugs are generally a faster way to get fixes in: you only need REVU when it is a NEW package, or a new upstream version.04:07
mwolsonpersia: thanks for the pointers04:10
persiamwolson: Thanks for all the excellent work to get the emacs packages in shape.  I'm looking forward to seeing the patches in the U-U-S queue for upload.04:11
FujitsuStevenK: any idea about this error? It seems rather related to what you've been doing lately:04:11
Fujitsutunepimp.tunepimp.TunePimpError: Error opening library: /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4: version `CURL_GNUTLS_4' not found (required by /usr/lib/libtunepimp.so.5)04:11
FujitsuI've rebuilt libtunepimp, but it still doesn't like me.04:12
=== RedKrieg [n=RedKrieg@ip68-230-209-186.rd.hr.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mwolsonpersia: come to think of it, i have also made a package for emacs22; i've emailed Michael Vogt (the person who last changed emacs21 for Ubuntu) about getting it into gutsy; can you advise me on what other steps might be appropriate?04:13
StevenKFujitsu: Hrrrm. Crap.04:13
FujitsuThat's what I thought.04:13
FujitsuI didn't think things were meant to be able to die like that...04:14
persiamwolson: The best way to get a new package of that impact into Ubuntu is to get it into Debian.  Failing that, REVU is the mechanism, but I'm not sure that most of us would feel qualified to review changes of that magnitude.04:14
mwolsonpersia: My particular package will definitely not get into Debian because it includes GFDL documentation.  I want to beat Debian's version of emacs22 into gutsy so that it doesn't get split into some -nondfsg parts like emacs21 did.04:15
persiamwolson: Then email (or IRC) with recent uploaders of emacs21 in Ubuntu is likely your best path.04:16
mwolsonI'm also collaborating to some extent with the guy who maintained emacs-snapshot packages in Debian until earlier this year; the emacs22 package borrows quite a bit from his, and his has had decent testing04:16
Simon80can anyone tell me why smplayer is in multiverse?04:16
persiaSimon80: Dependency on mplayer?04:17
Simon80hrm, ok04:17
StevenKFujitsu: Crap, maybe we do need to rebuild the curl4 packages. All 40 of them ...04:17
FujitsuStevenK: Rebuilding it doesn't help...04:18
StevenKFujitsu: Wait for the newest curl, -6ubuntu304:18
persiamwolson: I've archived the remainder of your bugfixes in REVU.04:18
FujitsuWhat was it that caused this reduction in SONAME?04:18
Fujitsuajmitch: Well, obviously, but I was looking for a little more verbosity.04:19
persiaMy understanding was that Debian didn't want to process the transition when there wasn't a significant ABI change, so they forced the use of the old name.04:20
=== DarkMageZ [n=richard@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Simon80ok, so why is mplayer in multiverse?04:21
FujitsuSimon80: Patents and some potentially non-free code, I think.04:22
FujitsuThough the latter seems to have been resolved recently.04:22
Simon80mmhmm, I see nothing in the copyright file04:22
persiaInteresting: Debian has 1.0~rc1-14 in main now.04:23
Fujitsupersia: I believe it has some stuff stripped out, but I never got around to completely checking that.04:24
=== Fujitsu does so now.
RAOFThat surely has patented algorithms in it?04:24
Simon80I personally don't care about patented algorithms04:25
FujitsuSimon80: But the archive admins do, fortunately.04:25
Simon80do they? see above..04:25
=== radhios [n=radhios@200-122-44-49.dsl.prima.net.ar] has joined #ubuntu-motu
FujitsuI see little relevant stuff above.04:26
Simon80either way, I think it's immoral to enforce any restrictions on decoding from these formats04:26
Simon80immoral, unethical, wrong04:26
Simon80evil, even04:26
FujitsuIt's also likely illegal to not do so.04:26
RAOFTake it up with $GOVERNMENT04:26
persiaAh.  Yes.  All the encoding is stripped in debian (see debian/rules fix-orig-source:)04:26
Fujitsupersia: That'd do it.04:27
Simon80Fujitsu: for one thing, I mean immoral for the patent holders, and second, it's not criminal04:27
Simon80merely something you can be sued for04:27
FujitsuI might see if I can minimise divergence from them, though.04:27
persiaSimon80: It appears that the decoding isn't the problem, rather the encoding.  We'd prefer it in multiverse with encoding than in universe with encoding stripped.04:27
Simon80fair enough04:27
Simon80though I personally don't mind if they strip encoding04:28
FujitsuA lot of people do, however.04:28
Simon80well, unless you have hardware that only decodes one of these tainted formats04:28
persiaSimon80: Is multiverse that hard to use?  I suppose we could ship mplayer-free, but I think most users would only be confused.04:28
Simon80then it's a problem04:29
FujitsuAnd I'm not sure we really want to be maintaining two of those things...04:29
Simon80persia: no, I was just curious, I don't mind multiverse at all04:29
Simon80that reminds me, I need to file a bug about Synaptic not making license info clear in its UI04:29
Fujitsu libavcodec/README.jfdct.gz |   37 04:29
Fujitsu mencoder.c                 | 1751 ---------------------------------------------04:29
Fujitsu 2 files changed, 37 insertions(+), 1751 deletions(-)04:30
FujitsuThat's the difference between our upstream tarballs.04:30
Simon80I see04:30
Simon80seems that you have to hunt down the copyright file to find out the license, synaptic should have that as a right click or package menu item04:30
Simon80view copyright info04:30
FujitsuI don't believe apt has that information unless the package is installed.04:31
persiaFujitsu: One could grab it from e.g. http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/multiverse/m/mplayer/mplayer_1.0~rc1-0ubuntu11/copyright, if the network was available.04:32
=== persia leaves before anyone can refute that
=== persia [n=persia@ubuntu/member/persia] has left #ubuntu-motu []
Simon80it's not like that was a dead link04:36
Simon80it's hard to refute that kind of proof of existence04:36
=== jml_ [n=jml@ppp121-44-211-82.lns1.hba1.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Simon80unless maybe I haxxor c.u.c and remove the file04:36
FujitsuYay, debuild actually works with gpg-agent now.04:46
Simon80since when?04:47
FujitsuA few days ago, I think.04:47
Simon80so, only in gutsy04:47
Simon80cause yeah, I just tried that this weekend and said hmm, that doesn't work, and it's breaking things too04:47
Simon80and I have a post debuild hook to lsdiff my diff.gz, so hrm04:48
Simon80I don't like it when debuild errors out before that04:48
ScottKgeser: Uploaded in Debian.  I'll file a sync once it's out.04:48
Simon80perhaps I should move it to post source04:48
=== alex-weej [n=alex@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== effie_jayx [n=valles@ubuntu/member/effie-jayx] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== micahcowan [n=micah@ubuntu/member/micahcowan] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mwolsoni want to be very sure that i'm doing things correctly this time before repeating this process for 3 more packages: can someone double-check https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bbdb/+bug/123896 ?04:54
ubotuLaunchpad bug 123896 in bbdb "Candidate revision bbdb_2.35.cvs20060204-1.1ubuntu1" [Undecided,Confirmed]  04:54
=== tuxmaniac [n=tuxmania@unaffiliated/tuxmaniac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
superm1hi guys.  i've got a package i'd like if someone can revu: http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5863, mythbuntu-default-settings05:19
=== rraphink [i=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKFujitsu: New curl binary packages should hit the archive soonish.05:35
FujitsuStevenK: Great, I'll try once they're published.05:40
StevenKFujitsu: Great, I'm very very curious if it works without a rebuild. If it doesn't, it looks to be another upload of curl and about 40 rebuilds.05:47
FujitsuI'm grabbing the binaries from LP now.05:48
FujitsuWhich ones do I need? All of them?05:48
peanutbWhat is with all these netsplits?05:48
jmgit feels like undernet05:48
peanutb(ohh sorry, thats on Efnet)05:48
=== rexbron [n=rexbron@CPE001310b2d1d1-CM0012256e816a.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKFujitsu: Depends on what you have installed.05:49
StevenKFujitsu: Pastebin 'COLUMNS=150 dpkg -l | grep curl' for me, please?05:51
FujitsuOh, neat, the binaries aren't linked until published.05:52
FujitsuStevenK: Sure.05:52
=== man-di_ [n=mkoch@dyndsl-080-228-194-004.ewe-ip-backbone.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKFujitsu: Yup. Should happen this publisher run, in about 15 minutes.05:53
=== rraphink [i=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-motu
FujitsuStevenK: Right, but I would have thought they'd be available from the builds page before publishing.05:54
StevenKFujitsu: It could be due to not wanting to show them if they're stuck in NEW, or something.05:54
StevenKFujitsu: Grab -6ubuntu3 for the libcurl* packages you have installed.05:56
FujitsuStevenK: I'll do so in about 8 minutes.05:57
StevenKIf it doesn't work, I suspect both pitti and I might cry. A lot.05:58
FujitsuStevenK: Why? Huge numbers of rebuilds?05:59
StevenKFujitsu: Yup. About 40.06:00
FujitsuCan't that be semi-automated?06:00
=== tuxmaniac [n=tuxmania@unaffiliated/tuxmaniac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKI'd be doing them semi-automatically, but it still involves smashing my machine, my pipe, the buildds and the archive.06:01
FujitsuThey're published.06:03
=== Vorian [n=Steve@ubuntu/member/Vorian] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKHuzzah. Or something.06:03
ScottKIf I want to synch a new upload from Debian, do I need to wait until it's published on f.d.o. before I file the sync bug?06:05
=== superm1 [n=superm1@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-20-113.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKFujitsu: Come on, put me out of my misery. :-P06:09
FujitsuYou don't want to know, I don't think.06:09
FujitsuI'm being absolutely sure before I give you the bad news.06:10
FujitsuRight. /me removes mysql-server-5.0, rather than having the kernel spewing oopses over all of my terminals.06:11
=== StevenK sobs
=== ajmitch hands StevenK a beer or 3
Simon80isn't it just something like for dir in *; do (cd dir && debuild);done or whatever?06:13
StevenKSimon80: It's a little harder than that.06:13
Simon80..but only a little, right?06:14
ajmitchnot quite as short, though I suspect a few of us have a script to tweak changelog & rebuild a set of packages06:14
=== ajmitch still has one hidden away somewhere for library transition rebuilds
Simon80you'd want to tweak the control as well06:14
=== javier_galicia [n=Javier@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKI was just plotting how to script adding changelog entries.06:14
ajmitchit's not hard06:14
Simon80StevenK, dch does it06:14
Simon80man dch06:14
FujitsuStevenK: I'm sure doko has done it a lot.06:15
Simon80it's THAT easy06:15
StevenKSimon80: You don't need to help me, really. :-)06:15
Simon80lol, sorry, I'm not trying, you just made it sound like adding to changelog was non trivial06:15
=== ajmitch digs for rebuild script
FujitsuStevenK: A rebuild of libtunepimp fixes it, unfortunately.06:16
ajmitchaha, I had to handle -XbuildY vs -XubuntuY vs -X06:16
ajmitchbut I think that dch does that now06:16
StevenKSimon80: It is, because you have 3 distinct cases.06:16
StevenKSimon80: -X -> -Xubuntu1 ; -XubuntuY -> -XubuntuY+1 ; -XbuildY -> -XbuildY+106:17
StevenKFujitsu: After the rebuild, which library does it depend on and link against?06:17
FujitsuStevenK: No, -X -> -Xbuild106:17
Simon80StevenK, boo06:17
=== ajmitch handles those 3 without a problem
StevenKOh, yes, right.06:17
Fujitsu        libcurl-gnutls.so.4 => /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4 (0xb7c22000)06:17
ajmitchexcept that I have *breezy* hardcoded in this script06:17
Simon80it's still straightforward06:17
Fujitsuajmitch: Ouch.06:17
ajmitchshowing its age :)06:17
StevenKFujitsu: What about its Depends?06:18
Simon80dpkg-parsechangelog | grep version | cut... etc.06:18
Fujitsulibcurl3-gnutls (>= 7.16.2-1)06:18
FujitsuHm, actually, that could be wrong.06:19
StevenKBut it still dies without a rebuild ... *Wonderful*.06:19
FujitsuThe old one depends on libcurl4-gnutls.06:19
StevenKIt isn't wrong.06:19
StevenKBut the ABI shouldn't be different...06:19
FujitsuI thought it might have been wrong, because it listed both when I apt-cache showed. It turns out it was right, though.06:20
FujitsuThis looks pretty ABI-broken to me: Error opening library: /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4: version `CURL_GNUTLS_4' not found (required by /usr/lib/libtunepimp.so.5)06:20
StevenKFujitsu: Look at the description for libcurl4-gnutls. That should explain it.06:20
=== Fujitsu 's head explodes.
StevenKFujitsu: Can you objdump -hpT /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4 | grep CURL_GNUTLS06:21
FujitsuStevenK: No CURL_GNUTLS_4 references at all.06:22
StevenKPersonally, the Description for the new libcurl4{,-gnutls} amuses me.06:22
FujitsuStevenK: That it does.06:22
Fujitsuolder (newer)06:22
StevenKFujitsu: I'm worried that CURL_GNUTLS_3 appears.06:22
FujitsuStevenK: It's all that appears.06:23
StevenKSo it *does* change.06:23
StevenK(At least for GnuTLS)06:23
FujitsuSo the SONAME was meant to revert, but symbol names weren't? How strange.06:24
StevenKThe symbols are unversioned, but CURL_GNUTLS_[34]  is the library itself being fragging braindead.06:25
StevenKFujitsu: Would you mind looking at http://people.ubuntu.com/~pitti/tmp/cruft/libcurl4, and seeing if one the packages listed there as cruft actually works?06:27
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
FujitsuStevenK: Doing so.06:27
StevenKFujitsu: Thanks,06:27
Fujitsuwilliam@irranat:~/MOTUing/libtunepimp-0.5.3$ gmpc06:28
Fujitsugmpc: /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_4' not found (required by gmpc)06:28
StevenKOH BLOODY ... &*&%($%($(%(%(*&^(06:28
Hobbseehi everyone06:29
FujitsuHi Hobbsee.06:29
FujitsuI think StevenK is about to combust.06:29
Hobbseeso it seems...06:29
=== Hobbsee peers strangely at StevenK
superm1hi Hobbsee 06:30
StevenKHobbsee: Curl is still stuffed.06:30
ajmitchhello Hobbsee 06:30
HobbseeStevenK: yummy06:31
FujitsuStevenK: Any idea why it's so screwed?06:31
StevenKFujitsu: I'll talk to pitti about it when he appears.06:32
=== Hobbsee summons pitti
StevenKRight, crap. It looks like those symbols are versioned.06:36
StevenKWhich means 40 rebuilds or so.06:36
FujitsuStevenK: No other way out?06:37
StevenKNot that I can think of.06:37
StevenKBut Debian said the symbols are unversioned! Grah!06:37
FujitsuI hope you have a lot of bandwidth free :P06:37
=== eddyMul [n=eddymul@netblock-68-183-27-41.dslextreme.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKAnd it seems they tell lots of lies, since we patch it to be versioned. And now the damage is done.06:43
FujitsuAhh, very nice.06:45
StevenKSigh. They said it was versioned.06:46
StevenKAnd now I need to profess to pitti that I really am an idiot.06:46
FujitsuDid you break something because you thought they were unversioned?06:47
StevenKIf the symbols were unversioned, both libtunepimp and gmpc ought to work.06:47
=== StevenK ponders Seppuku
FujitsuShouldn't apport have retraced bug #123870 by now?06:48
ubotuLaunchpad bug 123870 in listen "[gutsy]  listen.py crashed on exit (SIGSEGV in PyThreadState_New())" [Undecided,New]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12387006:48
FujitsuStevenK: How about no.06:48
StevenKFujitsu: You know what seppuku is?06:49
FujitsuOf course.06:49
FujitsuWho doesn't?06:49
=== ScottK imagines that apport may be tired of retracing bugs in listen and just quit.
StevenKI know it by it's older name, hari-kari06:49
FujitsuScottK: Has listen been crashy lately?06:50
ScottKIIRC yes.  06:50
=== Fujitsu checks.
ScottKThat and one other written in Python player thingg.06:50
ScottKthingy that I don't recall the name of at the moment.  I think it starts with e.06:51
ScottKIt's mostly the other one, but listen.py comes up a lot in my bugmail.06:51
ScottKThat's the one.06:51
Fujitsuexaile's always been nice and crashy.06:51
ScottKThere's a new one that doesn't crash in some of the old ways, but has new ones to replace them.06:52
ScottKIsn't there some kind of MOTU multi-media team?06:52
FujitsuMOTU Media, yes.06:52
ScottKShould they get all that bugmail?06:53
ScottKI currently have pythonistas subscribed since they are in python, but if another team would care, I could remove myself and still be guilt free.06:53
ScottKremove myself ~ remove pythonistas because there aren't many members.06:54
FujitsuScottK: I'm not sure if we want it :P06:54
FujitsuWe've already got vlc, mplayer and xine.06:54
ScottKWell they are Medai...06:54
FujitsuQuite enough bugs.06:54
ScottKSure, so you're used to it.06:54
FujitsuHah, yes.06:54
ScottKSo I can switch bug contact to MOTU media for those?06:56
FujitsuI suppose so.06:57
=== ScottK fires up lauchpad...
FujitsuIt'll never work.06:58
ScottKAs I've discovered.06:58
FujitsuEspecially when filing bugs.06:58
ScottKSilly security precautions.06:58
ScottKOK, try again...06:59
ScottKwill you sub MOTU Media for exaile and listen?  I'm going to remove pythonistas.  There's no way I'd try and fix those anyway.06:59
ScottKMine are done.07:00
FujitsuI can only subscribe motumedia, thanks to one of the high-priority Malone bugs.07:00
ScottKOK.  If Laserjock would lower himself to show up here and not just in #ubuntu-devel, you could whine.07:01
FujitsuHm, interesting that he's not here.07:01
FujitsuScottK: I don't know why I'd want to whine about these relaxed permissions, though07:02
ScottKNo.  He hasn't been the last couple of times I've seen him over there.07:02
ScottKAh.  I understand now.07:02
StevenKActually, I just thought of a way around this.07:04
StevenKA new upload of curl, that hacks in both CURL_3 and CURL_4 symbols.07:05
FujitsuStevenK: Oh no. Sounds bad. What is it?07:05
FujitsuHacks. Yay.07:05
ScottKWell back to working my way through Ubuntu packages with Ubuntu diffs that belong to Debian Python Modules Team and putting all the relevant Ubuntu changes in their svn.07:05
FujitsuAt least it's better than 40 rebuilds.07:05
FujitsuScottK: How many are there?07:05
StevenKFujitsu: That the thought I'm consoling myself with.07:05
ScottKFujitsu: DPMT has ~ 130 packages.  I'm about 90% through the list.07:06
FujitsuHow many had Ubuntu diffs?07:06
ScottKIIRC about a dozen.07:06
ScottKAll but one or two should work for sync after then next Debian upload.07:07
=== ScottK is wrestling with notify-python currently.
FujitsuScottK: Nice work. I should probably do something similar for science packages in the near future.07:08
=== StevenK wrestles with curl. Still.
FujitsuStevenK: If you need any testing or whatever, please ask.07:08
=== crimsun frowns at alsa. Still.
StevenKFujitsu: I was planning on. :-)07:08
FujitsuHi crimsun!07:08
RAOFScottK: You mean "python-pyinotify"?  Cause I sent that patch to the BTS07:08
ScottKGoing through that was how I noticed geser's problem with python-tclink and python 2.507:09
RAOFAh, it's also built against 2.4 only?07:10
ScottKRAOF: No, notify-python is a different package.  DPMT doesn't have python-pyinotify.07:10
RAOFAh.  Of course it is :)07:10
ScottKThis was a case of him having changed the package to build against python 2.5 when it didn't work with python 2.507:10
ScottKGood news is after I pointed that out, he figured a patch that's already been uploaded for Debian and we can sync after it builds.07:11
StevenKFujitsu: Do you want to build curl, or do you want me to throw you binaries?07:12
FujitsuStevenK: How long does it take to build?07:12
StevenKFujitsu: 10 minutes on my 3Ghz amd6407:12
FujitsuProbably faster to throw me binaries, then.07:12
FujitsuALthough I'd need i386, so maybe not.07:12
=== StevenK nods.
StevenKI can build either.07:12
FujitsuAh, great.07:13
StevenKAt this point, I'm still investigating the versioning of the symbols.07:13
=== Fujitsu has no idea whatsoever about libraries.
StevenKShared libraries are fun.07:15
=== Fujitsu grumbles about DebianImportFreeze.
StevenKFujitsu: What was the first symbol that was bitched about? CURL_GNUTLS_4?07:17
FujitsuStevenK: That's the one.07:18
Fujitsu(for libtunepimp, at least. gmpc was just CURL_4)07:18
=== StevenK nods.
=== cbx33 [n=pete@ubuntu/member/cbx33] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKRight. I think I have a horrid hack for this.07:24
FujitsuStevenK: Good (bad).07:24
StevenKI'm going to leave the decision to pitti, and I'll go with what he says. I'm still not sure if this will work at all.07:25
=== Fujitsu notes that the new stellarium FTBFS due to a stuffed libcurl4-dev.
FujitsuI presume it's just because I haven't updated it in about 5 hours...07:27
Toadstoolheya everybody!07:28
FujitsuHi Toadstool.07:28
Toadstoolhey Fujitsu 07:28
ToadstoolDebianImportFreeze? Automatic syncs are stopped already?07:30
=== Toadstool takes a look at Gutsy schedule
FujitsuToadstool: A couple of days ago, I think :(07:31
ToadstoolJune 21st apparently, kind of early, isn't it?07:31
FujitsuI would have thought so.07:32
FujitsuBut we don't control it, unfortunately.07:32
HobbseeToadstool: Fujitsu: what are your thoughts on tools for universe, w.r.t catching bugs fixed in debian, etc.  have you read the mailing list yet?07:35
FujitsuHobbsee: I read that about 2 minutes after you sent it.07:36
HobbseeFujitsu: right07:36
FujitsuI think it'd be nice to have some way of keeping autosync on, but that's obviously not possible...07:36
HobbseeFujitsu: saying "we dont control it" is effectively useless - even though it's true.  Coming up with producive solutions as to what we *can* do, apart from leaving the autosyncer on, is useful.07:37
crimsunthat would likely require access to Soyuz source.07:37
FujitsuHm, great, we're already 236 syncable packages behind.07:37
Fujitsucrimsun: That would always be good.07:38
ToadstoolHobbsee: I read it real quick this afternoon at work and wanted to read it again tonight and give it a little more thinking but unfortunately it is the 4th of July over here (well not yet, but fireworks, etc) and I was invited to a dinner and drank a little too much wine07:38
HobbseeToadstool: no problem.  :)07:38
Toadstooltomorrow :)07:38
HobbseeToadstool: good thought on it is what i want - i merely wrote that as a starting point :)07:38
FujitsuIf Malone did version tracking and imported Debian bugs it would be nice, but ajmitch's list does that fairly well.07:38
FujitsuIf we can acquire resources (ie. hope lucas will do it), rebuilding a piupartsing would be very nice, but I think it was done too late in the cycle last time.07:40
HobbseeFujitsu: apparently it takes about 6 days to do.07:40
HobbseeFujitsu: on lucas' machine07:40
HobbseeFujitsu: however, it's possible to do it in the data center, assuming that it doesnt render the machines incapable for anything else07:40
HobbseeFujitsu: it seems that getting debcheck regualrly run for ubuntu, and fixing that stuff first, would be useful - and then do piuparts later07:41
FujitsuStevenK: Why is libcurl4-dev depending on an old version of libcurl4?07:41
FujitsuIt'd be useful to have a machine to run this stuff on, too. tiber is probably worse than useless.07:41
Toadstoolthe thing is, we already have several tools or lists set up by different people but it is kind of scattered all around the world and it is hard to keep track of all these tools. if we had something like a qa page, it'd be easier to have a global overview of what needs to be done, imo07:41
HobbseeFujitsu: ideally, we'd stick all these scripts, and outputs in some locial place07:41
lifelessubuntu-weather-report 07:42
HobbseeToadstool: that's what i want to do, yes.07:42
lifelessits a spec07:42
FujitsuHobbsee: Where local is maintained by Canonical and entirely out of our control, probably.07:42
Fujitsulifeless: It got condemned to the land of -ENOTIME, AFAIK.07:42
lifelessif you'd like to work on that, it would be great; it will need data from within the datacentre though07:42
Hobbseelifeless: it's got no URL, and mithrandir doesnt have ntoes, and i've not seen bdmurray awake at the same time07:42
lifelessFujitsu: it got made my problem; yesterday I mailed mdz saying ENOTIME07:42
Fujitsulifeless: Ah.07:42
HobbseeFujitsu: depends on who's "our" control is, etc.07:42
lifelessMithrandir does not have toes?07:43
Hobbseelifeless: do you have notes on it?07:43
lifelessHobbsee: I remember most of it, and will mail bdmurray to ask him to upload his07:43
Hobbseelifeless: thankyou.  i want to speak to heno, and likely him too anyway, so will grill him over that at the same time.07:43
StevenKFujitsu: Doing my own testing first.07:45
=== fraco [n=fraco@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ajmitchlifeless: any indications of what it might be?07:45
StevenKFujitsu: It does? (libcurl4-dev)07:46
Fujitsu  libcurl4-dev: Depends: libcurl4 (= 7.16.2-4ubuntu1) but 7.16.2-6ubuntu3 is to be installed07:46
FujitsuThat's in a Gutsy chroot updated 10 minutes ago.07:46
lifelessajmitch: of what what might be?07:46
ajmitchwhat may be contained in this spec, what tools would be available07:47
StevenKFujitsu: I haven't checked, libcurl4-dev might be NBS.07:47
=== vil [n=vladimir@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKlibcurl4-dev is not built by curl any more.07:48
FujitsuStevenK: Right, it's NBS.07:48
FujitsuDamn, beat me to it.07:48
=== StevenK nods.
StevenKFujitsu: :-P07:48
FujitsuThis is probably a bad thing, as stuff build-depends on it.07:48
StevenKIt's Provided by libcurl4-gnutls-dev07:48
StevenKSo once libcurl4-dev gets killed, stuff should deal.07:49
FujitsuAh, true.07:49
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== crimsun should ask keybuk whether it is possible to request MoM runs for specific source packages.
Fujitsucrimsun: Has MoM been turned off?08:02
crimsunor if our resident ubuntu-release LP team member has privileges to the knob(s)...08:03
Hobbseecrimsun: i dont have DC access at this point.08:03
Hobbseecrimsun: at the moment, there's focus on lucas' scripts.   if you could look at, think on, and respond to, my post on the motu mailing list, i'd find that very useful08:03
Hobbseecrimsun: MoM only does merges, not syncs, unfortunately, so only does half of what we want08:04
crimsunHobbsee: true (although my particular use cases are specifically merges).08:04
Hobbseecrimsun: true.  ask the relevant people (keybuk, i guess) when they wake up08:05
Hobbseecrimsun: no idea if pitti can do it08:07
FujitsuAFAIK Keybuk/cjwatson do MoM.08:08
ToadstoolI'll try not to laugh too hard next time I read this in my backlog. I guess champagne helps being really dumb but it made my day^Wevening08:09
HobbseeFujitsu: true, but i'm not sure how many more people can turn it on/off08:09
FujitsuIs it actually turned off?08:10
=== Knightlust [n=Dax@ubuntu/member/knightlust] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsunit seems so.08:10
FujitsuThat sounds wrong.08:11
man-diFujitsu: it think it had some problems due to ftp.debian.org having problems (disk full) and not updating08:14
Fujitsuman-di: I knew about ftp.d.o being stuffed, but hadn't considered that MoM might be using it.08:16
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@ubuntu/member/ivoks] has joined #ubuntu-motu
man-diFujitsu: thats what I heared, I dont know if its a fact08:17
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i59F7240E.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachgood morning08:26
RAOFgood afternoon08:27
FujitsuHi dholbach.08:27
dholbachhey RAOF, hey Fujitsu08:27
dholbachhow's it going?08:27
Hobbseemorning dholbach!08:31
dholbachheya Hobbsee08:31
RAOFEh.  Seems that prebuild has a launchpad page now, so I might ressurect my attempts to get it to generate sane autotools.  Then I could get Tao 2.x into debian, which'd be nice08:31
=== ajmitch hugs dholbach
=== dholbach hugs ajmitch back :)
=== viviersf [n=cain@gw.impilinux.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-motu
DarkMageZif i wanted to get a package into multiverse... should i upload it to revu?08:37
RAOFUnless it was a bugfix to an existing package?08:39
RAOFOr merge from debian, etc08:40
=== RAOF is thinking this is in relation to libvisual :)
DarkMageZactually. that's my next question :)08:41
DarkMageZso i've tidied up that libvisual package alittle more to attempt to avoid being burnt by the motus :) since it's a bunch of bugfixes in one change then?08:42
=== Lure_ [n=lure@external-1.hermes.si] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFIt's just an extra patch or two, right?  In which case it wants to be a debdiff attached to a launchpad bug, and "ubuntu-universe-sponsors" subscribed.08:44
DarkMageZextra 2 patches and --disable-gdkpixbuf (as gdkpixbuf is just a blank plugin)08:45
RAOFPresuming that you are not patching the source direcly, that sounds debdiffable08:45
crimsun(still debdiffable even if the source is patched directly)08:45
DarkMageZoh, also had to autotool it and patch directly :(08:46
DarkMageZactually 3 patches08:46
RAOFcrimsun: Just more likely to be rejected :)08:47
crimsunwell, if we're talking about libvisual source, yes, it would make sense to use cdbs's simple-patchsys08:48
RAOFWhy do you need the autotools change?  Is configure broken? :(08:49
DarkMageZthere were changes to the makefile.am's08:49
RAOFYay :(08:49
DarkMageZnessesary tho08:49
RAOFTouching autotools is never fun.  Anyway, debdiff it against the current ubuntu package, and put it on launchpad08:51
DarkMageZdiff the ubuntu diff against my diff or just my diff against the orig.tar.gz?08:52
RAOFIf possible using patches, rather than touching the upstream source directly08:52
RAOFman debdiff :)08:53
RAOFdiff the two .dsc's08:53
DarkMageZso "debdiff 1.dsc 2.dsc > libvisualplugins.diff" ?08:58
HobbseeDarkMageZ: looks right08:58
DarkMageZso i'm going to file a new bug report and mark the 2 bugs it fixes against it. what should i put in the title?09:01
DarkMageZ"[debdiff]  bunch of fixes for libvisual-plugins" ?09:03
RAOFDarkMageZ: Might be nice to indicate what it fixes :)09:06
DarkMageZdescription :)09:06
RAOFBut essentially, yes.  And subscribe u-u-s09:07
=== cynics [n=cynics@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOF(not assign.  I misread that for so long :()09:08
=== jekil [n=alessand@host228-234-dynamic.14-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
DarkMageZyay. filed :)09:15
=== vil [n=lada@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFDarkMageZ: Eeep.  That's quite a patch09:30
RAOFSome comments: We don't do NMU's, so you can ignore the warning09:32
DarkMageZwill i need to redo the debdiff with my nmu comment removed from the changelog/09:33
RAOF2) The MOTU who looks at that is going to ask you to make those patches, rather than touching the source09:33
RAOF3) You can seriously trim the auto* changes09:34
RAOFThe smaller the debdiff, the easier and faster it will get in, generally :)09:35
=== BugMaN [n=BugMaN@nat.cabi.uniroma1.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFTo make patches, you can use cdbs-edit-patch, if you are not already aware09:36
DarkMageZ2 & 3 require skills that i don't have09:38
RAOF2 is easy - just run 'cdbs-edit-patch 0x_my_patch_name', and do what you did before09:40
RAOF(as in: run 'patch -p0 < patch', or whatever it was that you did to apply the patches)09:42
RAOFFor 3 you can start by doing 'c-e-p 99_autotools', running autogen.sh, and then exiting09:43
RAOFThe autotools bit is certainly non-trivial, though09:44
RAOFIf you want, I can do the autotools cleanup, if you want to do the rest09:45
DarkMageZk. i'll sort the patches. you can sort the autotools :)09:48
=== Monk-e [n=guido-xu@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
DarkMageZso i've extracted the orig.tar.gz twice. one for hacking up and one called *.orig . so after each individual change i should generate a diff between both folders then start again on the next patch?09:56
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@ubuntu/member/phanatic] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@83-131-60-75.adsl.net.t-com.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFDarkMageZ: No.  What you want to do is start with a clean package.  Then run 'cdbs-edit-patch 0x_foo', then mess with the source in there, and when you run 'exit', it will automatically create 'debian/patches/0x_foo.patch' for you10:04
DarkMageZyeah, i just completed my first change after reading the ubuntu packaging guide about that :)10:05
=== CrummyGummy [n=CrummyGu@dsl-242-16-15.telkomadsl.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachcan somebody give a second OK on  http://revu.tauware.details.py?upid=5867 ?10:09
Sp4rKyStevenK: around ?10:11
StevenKSp4rKy: Ish10:12
Sp4rKyStevenK: i'm merging libtunepimp10:12
crimsundholbach: "upload 5867 invalid or has been nuked"10:12
StevenKSp4rKy: Don't, please.10:13
Sp4rKyit appears you maintain it10:13
Sp4rKyStevenK: why ?10:13
crimsunpresuming you meant [..] tauware.de/details.py?upid=586710:13
Sp4rKyyou do it?10:13
StevenKSp4rKy: Well, when I say don't, I mean not yet.10:13
Sp4rKyok ,why ?10:13
Sp4rKyit will have an update on debian ?10:14
StevenKSp4rKy: libcurl is one of libtunepimp's Build-Depends. I'm about to upload a new version that changes stuff again, and I'd like for that go in before it's merged.10:14
StevenKSp4rKy: So, hold off for a day, please.10:14
Sp4rKywhat will be changed in libtunepimp ?10:15
Sp4rKythe BD name ?10:15
dholbachsorry, that was  http://revu.tauware.details.py?upid=5857   - thanks crimsun10:15
StevenKI just want it to build against the correct libcurl.10:15
crimsundholbach: is your irc client performing some strange autocorrection of urls?10:15
dholbachcrimsun: no... where do you get that idea?10:16
Sp4rKyStevenK: ok10:16
crimsun04:15 < dholbach> sorry, that was  http://revu.tauware.details.py?upid=585710:16
Sp4rKyStevenK: can you ping me when curl was uploaded please ?10:16
dholbachcrimsun: I reviewed it on my other machine, and typed it in manually10:16
crimsundholbach: right, but either I'm blind, or the domain is utterly missing in addition to the separator10:17
dholbach*blush crimson*10:18
dholbachit's just me10:18
=== mok0 [n=mok@56346690.rev.stofanet.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Monk-e [n=guido-xu@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKSp4rKy: Sure, but it's going to take ~ 2 hours for it hit the archive.10:22
Sp4rKyStevenK: np, i'll wait10:23
Sp4rKythe merge is pretty ready, i'll just rebuild it to check :)10:23
=== yosch [n=yosch@clrglop207.in2p3.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsundholbach: reviewed.10:29
=== bigon [i=bigon@imladris.bigon.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachcrimsun: thanks ... what's wrong with /usr/bin/env python?10:31
Fujitsudholbach: Debian policy says you're not to use it.10:31
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachah ok10:31
crimsunwhat he said.10:31
DarkMageZRAOF, should i send you the new .diff.gz?10:36
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@8.241-242-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== slomo [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== DevonSnow [n=devon@host126-49-dynamic.2-79-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== DevonSnow [n=devon@host126-49-dynamic.2-79-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== dharrigan [n=dharriga@dsl-217-155-228-129.zen.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@8.241-242-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== RainCT [n=RainCT@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Nightrose [n=lydia@port-87-234-150-228.dynamic.qsc.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== alex-weej [n=alex@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== pgquiles [i=pgquiles@conference/kde/aKademy/x-f7cb6eac1bcdb781] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jerome___ [n=jerome@gra94-2-82-66-142-60.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== coNP [n=conp@unaffiliated/conp] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== IanC26 [n=IanC26@2002:908b:a5e7:4:216:6fff:fe39:ff6e] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== _16aR_ [n=dolanor@unaffiliated/16ar/x-367395] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== minghua [n=minghua@ubuntu/member/minghua] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@mst45-2-82-242-83-37.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== NeilW [n=neil@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RainCTwhat should be done if a package is using a GNOME icon (= that's not in KDE)? copy that icon and install it with the name of the package to have it on both?11:27
dholbachbest to depends on gnome-icon-theme (if that's where the icon is from)11:43
=== jeromeg_ [n=jerome@gra94-2-82-66-142-60.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jeromeg [n=jerome@gra94-2-82-66-142-60.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Ex-Chat"]
RAOFDarkMageZ: Attach it to the bug, and I'll look at it when I'm free12:02
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachkeescook: I added the scripts you added to setup.py in ubuntu-dev-tools12:23
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachkeescook, geser, Lutin: can you check that your scripts have all license notices in the header in ubuntu-dev-tools?12:24
dholbachI'd really like to upload the package soon12:24
=== tom_ [n=chatzill@BSN-95-249-21.dsl.siol.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
keescookdholbach: ah! very cool; yeah I forgot that bit.  :)12:25
=== Sindwiller [n=sindwill@84-75-101-114.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-MOTU
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-187-102.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bmm [n=chatzill@cc400801-a.groni1.gr.home.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== BugMaN [n=BugMaN@nat.cabi.uniroma1.it] has left #ubuntu-motu []
NeilWAnybody free to do a package REVU? Apparently I have to beg so here goes.12:32
=== NeilW begs on bended knees.
RainCTdholbach: the icon is in gnome-media-common, so it should depend on it?12:34
tom_hello! I'm thinking of joining the MOTU team. I like compiling proper Debian packages and I am also a member of the GETDEB community where I sometimes upload newer packages. So after reading the documentation I found that I must seek a mentor. But since I am going to the sea in about a week and will be there for a month should I rather seek the mentor after I get home? If that is the case...12:34
tom_...what else can my n00bs packaging skills do till I get to the sea-side.12:34
dholbachRainCT: it's preferrable to duplicating icons and stuff, but I know that it might be a bit heavy12:36
minghuatom_: As far as I remember mentor is not mandatory.  Pick packages that you want to help with, reply to bug reports, write patches, then ask for review.12:36
RainCTdholbach: ok, thanks12:36
tom_minghua: that is my my problem. I do not know where to begin and which packages should I start to compile. 12:39
jussi01morning all12:40
minghuatom_: Read the documentations on wiki, for example https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Contributing .12:41
minghuatom_: (which is in the channel topic)12:41
tom_minghua: so I go here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.tag=needs-packaging , and then I pick a package and create a proper DEB file and then I uploud the package to REVU. Is this correct?12:44
RainCTdholbach: do you know if it's a build-depends or a build-depends-indep?12:46
minghuatom_: Yes, that's correct.  Although I should warn you that MOTU is now lacking manpower for reviewing REVU packages, so it's probably not the best way to start contributing.  But if you can find a MOTU who is interested in the package you are going to work on, then by all means go ahead.12:48
dholbachRainCT: a depends12:48
tom_minghua: so what would the the better way to start contributing?12:49
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-2b569594105b40a0] has joined #ubuntu-motu
minghuatom_: I think bug triaging is probably the safest way to start -- we always need more people to look at bugs.12:52
minghuatom_: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/TODO is another page worth reading.12:52
minghuatom_: Start from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/ and get an idea what MOTUs do, find an area that interests you.12:53
RainCTkeescook: So what's with Open Invaders?12:57
keescookRainCT: I haven't had much time to examine it.12:58
keescookRainCT: did you contact upstream about the amd64 build issues?12:59
RainCTkeescook: no, was waiting for the package to get into the repositories to tell him about that (and some other comments I've) on the same mail. (btw, it's not only with amd64 but also powerpc iirc)01:00
=== pochu [n=emilio@127.Red-83-32-162.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== DktrKranz [n=Luca@ubuntu/member/dktrkranz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== icf7 [n=icf7@WL-POOL04-12.UNI-MUENSTER.DE] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== neversfelde|mobi [n=neversfe@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== porthose [n=chatzill@24-119-100-168.cpe.cableone.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
yamalis it ok for a package in universe to recommend or suggest something that is in multiverse? 01:17
FujitsuSuggests perhaps, but I don't think a Recommends is appropriate.01:18
yamalin that case i'll just make it a suggested, thanks01:19
porthosecould you please point me to a good CDBS howto01:20
tom_I am also interested in a good CDBS guide. The ones I've seen lack a lot01:21
=== statik [n=emurphy@canonical/launchpad/statik] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Amaranth [n=amaranth@ip72-196-13-134.om.om.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
NeilWWhat should the version number look like for an Ubuntu native package?01:25
DktrKranzNeilW, take pbuilder as example: 0.166ubuntu101:27
AmaranthDktrKranz: nope, that's a debian native package with ubuntu changes :)01:29
=== asisak [n=conp@unaffiliated/conp] has joined #ubuntu-motu
DktrKranzwhoops, I read Debian :)01:29
=== slomo_ [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-motu
CrummyGummyHi all, can anyone please point me to some examples of packaging using cdbs?01:30
NeilWCrummyGummy: The Ruby Extras guys use a lot of CDBS. Try http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-ruby-extras/01:32
icf7zakame: Has the Java channel changed from #ubuntu-motujava ?01:32
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-187-102.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
NeilWSo is an Ubuntu native package just 0.1, a Debian upstream package with Ubuntu changes 0.1-0ubuntu1 and a Debian native package with Ubuntu changes 0.1ubuntu101:33
=== blueCommand [n=bluecomm@unaffiliated/bluecommand] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mok0 [n=mok@ghost.imsb.au.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== neversfelde|mobi [n=neversfe@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== norsetto [n=norsetto@host67-214-dynamic.20-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== norsetto [n=norsetto@host67-214-dynamic.20-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== sahin_h [n=ezaz@dsl5400DBD4.pool.t-online.hu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
icf7I wrote a template for the use of uscan which respects debian policies: http://pastebin.ca/602915 . Any comments? Is this good enough to be integrated in the Wiki examples?01:46
=== mahdi [n=mahdi@c-24-147-12-73.hsd1.nh.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== eagles0513875 [n=jonathan@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== BugMaN [n=BugMaN@nat.cabi.uniroma1.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== TomaszD [n=tom@unaffiliated/tomaszd] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0icf7: As I understand it, the get-orig-source target is intended to fetch the current version of the orig.tar.gz, and possibly repackage it.01:50
mok0icf7: but I'm no authority...01:50
icf7mok0: Exactly. This is an example for repackaging a zip to a .tar.gz01:50
=== Czessi [n=Czessi@dslb-088-073-028-215.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0icf7: why do you need uscan then?01:51
icf7mok0: To download the current version01:51
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0ifc7: you could just grep it out of control01:51
icf7mok0: debian/control? Where should the version be set? And how is magically it updated as soon as upstream releases a new version?01:52
mok0rephrase -- you could grep the version info from control01:52
mok0rephrase #2 grep from changelog01:53
=== mok0 is rambling
mok0Generally speaking, it is surprising that the buildertools do not know how to deal with a .zip archive01:54
icf7mok0: Well, changelog is updated after downloading the newest version01:54
icf7mok0: By uscans cousin, uupdate01:55
mok0icf7: going back to my initial comment, shouldn01:55
mok0't the target just get the current packaged version and not the newest?01:56
icf7mok0: Oh, yes, get-orig-source fetches the _newest_ version, not the one in changelog01:56
icf7mok0: See http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#s-debianrules01:56
mok0OK I stand corrected01:57
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-c36a2283c9004e9f] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0icf7: In that case, I think your example is very instructive01:57
mok0But you need a thorough explanation how it is used, for newbies like me01:58
=== man-di prefers uupdate get called from debian/watch (but this only works with upstream releasing as tgz)
icf7well, I'll just change the wiki then and ask persia when he comes to IRC01:59
=== bersace [n=bersace@did75-13-82-243-217-90.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0icf7: Is __PACKAGE__ a macro that gets expanded?02:01
icf7mok0: no, just the package name02:01
icf7mok0: The implementor may use a macro for this, though02:01
mok0icf7: ... so you have to put the package name in there verbatim?02:01
=== pgquiles [i=pgquiles@conference/kde/aKademy/x-868e140588bab454] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jekil [n=alessand@host228-234-dynamic.14-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
icf7mok0: depends ... normally yes. Any idea how to obtain the full name of the downloaded package from uscan?02:02
=== Pricey [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mruiz [n=mruiz@ubuntu/member/mruiz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0I'm not really familiar with uscan, I've never used it other than to check the newest version of the upstream sources02:04
mruizhi all02:04
mok0but again... can't you grep it from debian/control?02:04
icf7mok0: No, no version info there, especially not the one released by upstream.02:04
mok0but there is no version info in __PACKAGE__02:05
icf7mok0: After that, there is $${version} which gets set by uscan's output02:05
icf7sry, I gotta go ... will be back around ~16 UTC02:05
=== bigon [i=bigon@imladris.bigon.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== xeruno [n=xeruno@cable201-233-216-118.epm.net.co] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== gizmo_ [n=gizmo@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mok0 [n=mok@ghost.imsb.au.dk] has left #ubuntu-motu []
asacgeser: why did you reinstantiate the bogus xulrunner patches?02:14
=== mruiz [n=mruiz@ubuntu/member/mruiz] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Bye!"]
asacgeser: I already explained that they are hazardous, didn't I? (or was is someone else i talked to)?02:15
asacgeser: anyway ... if you want to take a look, the probably right approach is not at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=38661002:16
ubotuMozilla bug 386610 in XPCOM "pyxpcom fails to build against python 2.5 (api changed)" [Normal,Assigned]  02:16
asaci will upload an updated xulrunner02:16
=== Bassetts [n=Bassetts@5ac7bcf1.bb.sky.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
DarkSun88asac: My package?02:19
asacyeah ... feel free to take it afterwards again02:20
DarkSun88I'm last uploader of xulrunner package, if you want, I'll make a debdiff and I'll upload it in LP02:20
asacits already done ... sorry, if i don't upload now i will forget again :) is it ok?02:20
DarkSun88Ok :)02:21
asaci can change the changelog person if you want though :)02:21
asacbut that would be kind of spoofing02:21
DarkSun88asac: Don't worry.02:21
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-motu
asacDarkSun88: http://people.ubuntu.com/~asac/xulrunner_1.8.1.4-2ubuntu1_1.8.1.4-2ubuntu2.debdiff02:22
asacthats he debdiff (if you care)02:23
DarkSun88It's your. You upload it ;)02:24
asacDarkSun88: sure ... i even forgot to update autoconf .... do you know how to do that for future merges?02:25
=== DarkSun88 goes to study
asac(though I hope that mike will apply these patches in next upload)02:25
asacDarkSun88: i touch configure.in in the 61_... patch02:25
asacDarkSun88: thus you need to rerun autoconf2.13 ... and update 99_autoconfSOMETHING.dpatch02:25
=== luisbg [n=luisbg@189.Red-88-17-122.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
asac1. dpatch-edit-patch 99_configure.dpatch02:27
asac2. autoconf2.1302:27
asac3. exit 002:27
CrummyGummyNeilW, Thanks.02:27
asacDarkSun88: ok i added the 3 steps above to remaining changes so you just follow these02:29
=== neversfelde|mobi [n=neversfe@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== xxxxx1 [n=xxxxx1@44125.static.fln.virtua.com.br] has joined #ubuntu-motu
asacDarkSun88: if you want an upload reviewed/sponsored for xulrunner in future, just ask me please ... i am always here or in #ubuntu-mozillateam :)02:31
DarkSun88Ok, thanks a lot.02:31
xxxxx1morrrning all!02:31
asacDarkSun88: if you want to work more on mozilla packages, just join mozillateam :) ...we always need more skilled people .)02:31
=== Bassetts [n=Bassetts@5ac7bcf1.bb.sky.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== LaughingMan [n=younes@laf31-3-82-225-216-156.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Pumpernickel [n=Pumperni@about/essy/bacon/PuMpErNiCkLe] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
FujitsuHi Hobbsee.02:47
=== eagles0513875 thinks wow hobbsee is really popular
=== StevenK watches a directory fill up for curl stuff.
Hobbseehey Fujitsu 02:48
jussi01hello Hobbsee!02:48
Hobbseeyou're here too, hey?02:49
Hobbseehiya jussi01!  not klined again, i see?02:49
jussi01Hobbsee: no...:P02:49
jussi01lol, i dont leave my pc unattended now...02:50
Hobbseeoh good02:50
zultis the Hobbsee fan club02:50
jussi01zul: isnt that the whole of -motu?02:50
jussi01everyone loves Hobbsee02:50
zulim not a member02:50
Hobbseezul: at least i'm not a deity...02:50
jussi01zul: well its free to join....02:50
jussi01Hobbsee: be thankful fo rthat...02:51
Hobbseeheh, yeah02:51
jussi01you'd end up like crimsun02:51
zulHobbsee: thank deity ;)02:51
jussi01where is crimsun anyway... i haven seen him for ages...02:52
StevenKOh, twitch.02:53
zulhe is moving last time I heard02:54
jussi01StevenK: ?02:54
=== Fujitsu hits debcheck for being so slow.
=== jeromeg [n=jerome@gra94-2-82-66-142-60.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== etank [n=etank@ubuntu/member/etank] has joined #ubuntu-motu
HobbseeFujitsu: you've done debcheck for ubuntu now?03:02
StevenKThe reason I'm twitching is I'm doing 37 rebuilds for libcurl.03:02
StevenKIt is 550Mb of packed and unpacked sources.03:02
FujitsuHobbsee: Yup, I think it's working.03:02
zulthat must be fun03:02
HobbseeFujitsu: neat :)03:02
StevenKzul: You're telling me.03:02
FujitsuStevenK: That might take a while to upload.03:02
HobbseeFujitsu: you'll throw the scripts into bzr somewhere, or something?03:02
StevenKFujitsu: Why? Most, if not all of them aren't going to involve the orig.03:03
FujitsuStevenK: Hm, true.03:03
FujitsuHobbsee: Sure, once I minimise the diff from Debian.03:03
HobbseeFujitsu: excellent :)03:03
FujitsuCurrently sitting at http://people.ubuntu.org.au/~fujitsu/debcheck/03:04
FujitsuThough that box is a little slow.03:04
=== cynics [n=cynics@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-41dc496821340dff] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lousygarua [n=amir@89-138-141-85.bb.netvision.net.il] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mruiz [n=mruiz@ubuntu/member/mruiz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mruizHi all. I need to delete some files from REVU (amsn).03:15
mruizSomeone can help me with this issue ?03:16
Hobbseemruiz: i dont think tehy're there03:18
mruizHobbsee, some files "appeared" debian/package.postinst and debian/package.postrm. In my laptop don't exist. For this, I want to upload all the files again.03:21
Hobbseemruiz: are they in the .orig.tar.gz?03:21
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@83-131-60-75.adsl.net.t-com.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jeromegare bug 52786 and bug 52787 only packaging problems , or should they be worked upstream ?03:22
ubotuLaunchpad bug 52786 in openafs "openafs-modules-source builts when kernel API++" [Low,Incomplete]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/5278603:22
Hobbseemruiz: there's nothing in incomming, so you can just fix it and upload again03:22
ubotuLaunchpad bug 52787 in openafs "openafs-modules-sources should also create a second openafs-module-2.6-<flavor> pkg" [Low,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/5278703:22
=== lousygarua [n=amir@89-138-141-85.bb.netvision.net.il] has left #ubuntu-motu []
mruizthanks Hobbsee 03:24
HobbseeFujitsu: looks good.  still isnt terribly intuitave (like, having a section for building, and a sectino for installing, and saying "main" and "main+universe)03:24
Hobbseebut good work :)03:25
FujitsuHobbsee: It shouldn't be difficult to do that. I'll have a look now.03:26
HobbseeFujitsu: cool :)03:26
=== pochu [n=emilio@139.Red-83-32-162.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== rexbron [n=rexbron@TOROON63-1177742445.sdsl.bell.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== DarkMageZ [n=richard@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
rexbronHobbsee: Do you have a free moment to review and upstream update in revu? The link is: http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5496 . Thanks!03:37
jeromeganyone has an idea?03:38
Hobbseerexbron: can you give a debdiff of the two versions please?03:39
Hobbseerexbron: debdiff oldversioninarchive.dsc newversion.dsc > murrine.debdiff03:39
rexbronSure, one second03:39
=== dholbach [n=daniel@i59F7228F.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-80-211.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jussi01Hobbsee: is there not a debdiff already on revu?03:44
Hobbseejussi01: there's a diff03:44
Hobbseeoh wait, yeah03:44
Hobbseeforgot about that03:45
=== Hobbsee grabs source and such
=== rexbron hopes nothing explodes in his face
Hobbseeme too.03:47
Hobbseethe worst i've ever seen pbuilder do is segfault.  not explode.03:48
StevenKYou've gotten pbuilder to segfault?03:48
HobbseeStevenK: well, apt inside pbuilder.03:48
elkbuntuStevenK, you'd segfault too if you were hit with a long pointy stick of doom03:49
rexbronoh my03:49
StevenKpbuilder is shell, I'd be very suprised if it segfaults03:49
StevenKelkbuntu: I'd probably dump core, too.03:49
rexbronus users can do things they never imaged possible. :)03:50
elkbuntu... rofl03:50
rexbronerr s/imaged/imagined/g03:50
elkbuntuStevenK, not to mention the memory leakage03:50
asacStevenK: can we have a look at the configure patch you introduced to kover at some point?03:50
Hobbseehiya asac 03:50
asachi Hobbsee :)03:51
asacStevenK: you can still see it here: http://pastebin.mozilla.org/11432203:52
asacStevenK: point is that patching configure without configure.{in,ac} is bad (TM)03:53
Hobbseeasac: i believe there's a bug report about it failing to build.03:53
Hobbseeasac: or at least, it failed to build without that change03:53
asacmight be ... however its not documented in changelog03:53
asacand it should be fixed in configure.in ... otherwise future merges will become a real pita03:54
asacStevenK: do you remember why we needed this?03:54
StevenKasac: Gimme a sec...03:54
Hobbseerexbron: uploaded, thanks03:54
rexbronwoot ty03:54
Hobbseeno problem :)03:55
StevenKasac: We need to drop -ansi from the CFLAGS otherwise it doesn't build due to ... something.03:55
asacyeah ... probably because of non-ansi compliance in c code03:55
StevenKIn the kernel headers.03:55
asachowever ... this should be done in configure.in03:55
asacand configure just be recreated with autoconf03:56
StevenKasac: I think I tried and autoconf told me what it thought.03:56
=== avoine [n=avoine@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
StevenKasac: I tried to patch configure.in/.ac and re-run autoconf and got no change in the configure script03:56
asacuh ... there must be something wrong then03:57
StevenKasac: But I don't know much about autoconf, so it could have been something I did.03:57
StevenKasac: It was a while ago. :-)03:57
asacok ... StevenK can you try to readd that change?03:57
asacplease try --std=c99 ... and if that fails try --std=gnu9903:58
asacin CFLAGS03:58
StevenKInstead of, or as well as -ansi?03:58
asacah its just -std03:58
StevenKasac: It won't be until tomorrow, at this point. I'm about to upload 37 sources and go to bed soon after.03:58
=== DarkMageZ [n=richard@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
asacinstead of ... gcc(1) reveals that -ansi is a shorthand for03:59
asacor -std=c8903:59
asacStevenK: is -ansi mentioned in configure.ac?03:59
asacif so ... just try to drop it and see if it helps03:59
StevenKasac: *nod*04:00
StevenKI don't want to look at this point, I'm juggling eggs.04:00
asac (looking at gcc(1)) if it doesn't use -std=gnu89 ... which appears to be -ansi + gnu extensions04:00
asac... and should be closest to what upstream wnated04:01
asacStevenK: yeah ... just do when you feel better ;)04:01
asacStevenK: ... or just find out where it failed to build so we can document it ... i will push it to bluekuja then04:01
asacbug id would be great04:02
StevenKasac: Would you mind searching for it?04:03
StevenKasac: It's definetly submitted by me, and it's probably against linux-libc-dev04:04
asaci have no time to do that ... sorry04:04
StevenKOkay, I'll look at it later04:04
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jeromeg [n=jerome@gra94-2-82-66-142-60.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== BugMaN [n=BugMaN@nat.cabi.uniroma1.it] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== Sindwiller [n=sindwill@84-75-101-114.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-MOTU
=== mruiz [n=mruiz@ubuntu/member/mruiz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mruizping dholbach 04:37
=== iceman__ [n=iceman@cable-87-244-153-189.upc.chello.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachmruiz: pong04:44
mruizdholbach, how is your car? :-)04:45
dholbachhehe, all sorted :)04:45
dholbachready to go for the holidays04:45
mruizI found the error (about the strange files)... upstream version included a debian directory with this files04:46
dholbachahhhhh ok04:46
dholbachnevermind then04:46
mruizI uploaded a new version for your review :-)04:46
dholbachas they are called package.post{inst,rm} they will not affect the package build anway04:46
dholbachthey should be called <real package>.post{inst,rm}04:46
dholbachso they will be just ignored, which is good04:47
dholbachbut great - I'll check it out and let you know04:47
mruizI can't see any sticker "powered by ubuntu" on your car ;-)04:47
dholbach... not yet - because those picture were done by the guy who owned it before04:47
coNPwow, is it the quickest or the shortest way? :D04:48
dholbachcoNP: maybe not - we just wanted to make sure to see some spots on the way ;-)04:48
dholbach(oh and I have to drop my dog at my parents' place04:49
xxxxx1hello dholbach 04:53
=== neversfelde|mobi [n=neversfe@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachhiya xxxxx104:54
dholbachcan somebody give http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5851 a second review?04:57
=== MagnusR [n=magru@c83-252-237-96.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== norsetto [n=norsetto@host57-161-dynamic.57-82-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
norsettodholbach: Hi Daniel ... everything ok?05:04
dholbachnorsetto: yep... how are you doing?05:04
norsettodholbach: busy :-)05:04
dholbachI know what you're talking about :)05:05
norsettodholbach: you do!?05:05
dholbachyeah, I should think so :)05:05
norsettodholbach: want something more?:-D05:05
dholbachyou finished some more packages? :)05:06
norsettodholbach: of course: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rt2500/+bug/113054 8-)05:06
ubotuLaunchpad bug 113054 in rt2500 "rt2500 configuration tool missing .desktop file" [Wishlist,Confirmed]  05:06
norsettodholbach: actually, I got two birds with a stone ......05:06
dholbachcan you subscribe ubuntu-universe-sponsors to the bug? if it doesn't get done in time, I'll check it myself05:07
norsettodholbach: done05:09
dholbachgreat, thanks05:09
norsettodholbach: could you perhaps rise the importance? its a good workaround for another critical bug05:09
norsettodholbach: this https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.22/+bug/11820505:10
ubotuLaunchpad bug 118205 in linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.22 "Gutsy kernel 2.6.22-7-generic missing rt61 module" [High,Incomplete]  05:10
norsettodholbach: thanks, I will be adding a note to 11820505:13
=== bluekuja [n=andrea@ubuntu/member/bluekuja] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== leonel [n=leonel@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== RedKrieg [n=RedKrieg@ip68-230-209-186.rd.hr.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Ash-Fox [i=UNKNOWN@fgd182.internetdsl.tpnet.pl] has joined #Ubuntu-motu
=== pgquiles [i=pgquiles@conference/kde/aKademy/x-940954c9b7655a12] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== coNP [n=conp@unaffiliated/conp] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== radhios [n=radhios@96-208-126-200.fibertel.com.ar] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hobbsee_ [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mok0 [n=mok@ghost.imsb.au.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C6865D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mwolson [i=mwolson@jpi-wlafyte-212-116.dmisinetworks.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
norsettodholbach: Daniel, any news about REVU (http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5851)? Who/how do we have to corrupt? I've got some tomato from my orchard which are just ripe.....05:53
crimsunI will look at that, norsetto, after I finish a merge.05:54
crimsunETA 35 mins.05:54
=== IanC26 [n=IanC26@2002:908b:a5e7:4:216:6fff:fe39:ff6e] has joined #ubuntu-motu
norsettocrimsun: thanks, you want them green, half-green or red ;-)05:55
crimsunpreferrably not overripe, and preferrably not all over my windows/laptop/face.05:56
=== hjmf [n=hjmf@150.Red-83-44-175.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Martinp23 [n=Martinp2@wikimedia/Martinp23] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== luis_lopez [n=Miranda@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tuxmaniac [n=tuxmania@unaffiliated/tuxmaniac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== TeTeT [n=spindler@modemcable178.77-70-69.static.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachmruiz: I always use debdiff old.deb new.deb to make sure that files that move around still make sense06:14
dholbachso if you have a package that has several binary packages you want to make sure you find files that move across binary packages, so you can adjust conflicts and replaces06:14
mok0When I author man pages for a package, how should I specify the license?06:14
ScottKmok0: Up to you.  If it's the same as the debian packaging and the man page is in /debian, then you don't need to specify directly I don't think.06:16
ScottKIn general it's simplest if you use one license throughout a package.06:16
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-187-102.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mok0So not saying anything about license is OK06:16
mruizdholbach: is possible, because upstream tarball increased at least 1MB between versions06:20
dholbachmruiz: there seem to be files missing06:22
=== nrpil [n=nrpil@s5591f679.adsl.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== asisak [n=conp@unaffiliated/conp] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== YannDinendal [n=Yann@dyn-88-122-229-64.ppp.tiscali.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKmok0: If it's in the debian package the statement about licensing of the debian package in debian/copyright IS a statement about it's licensing.06:28
ScottKmok0: See my comment in Bug #11877106:30
ubotuLaunchpad bug 118771 in Ubuntu Feisty "Syntax error in python module" [Low,Fix committed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11877106:30
=== m_i_t [n=zakame@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Lure_ [n=lure@89-212-19-55.dynamic.dsl.t-2.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
zakamegood evening06:32
mruizdholbach: some files are missing because they changed its format: a lot of "gif" became "png"06:35
=== davromaniak [n=cyril@LAubervilliers-153-52-16-160.w217-128.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
geserScottK: did the patch for python-tclink work for you?06:36
=== rexbron [n=rexbron@TOROON63-1177742445.sdsl.bell.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachmruiz: so you say everything's alright and nothing will break? :)06:37
jekilanyone can review please? http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=566306:38
ScottKgeser: I didn't get a chance to fully test it (it built).  According to upstream (this was discussed on the Debian bug) your fix is a good one for a problem that is primarily a 64 bit problem.  06:39
ScottKgeser: Debian has published an updated package.  I'm going to request a sync when I have a few minutes.06:39
asacStevenK: can you ping me next time before you upload gnash?06:45
ScottKjekil: Did tablelist make it out of NEW and get published yet?06:45
asacStevenK: is it just a respin? otherwise please provide a bzr branch update for your changes06:45
ScottKasac: I think it was part of a mass fix-up due to libcurl excitement.06:45
jekilScottK: yes06:46
=== NeilW [n=neil@] has left #ubuntu-motu []
ScottKjekil: Your comment on the package sounds to me like the opposite.06:46
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C4A53D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jekilScottK: ops! sorry, not enough sleep ;) it's published06:47
asacScottK: yeah anyway ... i need the fix in bzr :) ... if it involves more than a respin :)06:47
asacotherwise it will drown on next upload06:47
geserasac: the gnash upload is for the curl rebuild06:48
asacgeser: i see that in changelog ... but were modifications needed? or just a version bump and respin?06:48
=== javier_galicia [n=Javier@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-64-92.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
geserit's only to get the deps right (depend on libcurl3-* instead of libcurl4-*) and shouldn't include any changes besides the changelog06:49
asacStevenK: anyway, the bzr branch is here http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/gnash/ubuntu ... please provide me with something so i can merge things in06:50
asacyeah ... that should have been documented in changelog then06:50
mruizdholbach: I hope that. I will test it before.06:50
asacgnash is defacto in main now ... so please document properly06:50
=== pgquiles [i=pgquiles@conference/kde/aKademy/x-d7a1c035deb74ca9] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== chillywilly [n=danielb@CPE-72-133-221-181.wi.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== davro-desktop [n=davro@LAubervilliers-153-52-16-160.w217-128.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
norsettotime to go ...cheers daniel&daniel!07:00
=== norsetto [n=norsetto@host57-161-dynamic.57-82-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has left #ubuntu-motu []
dholbachmruiz: let me know when it's ok07:04
mruizbye all07:04
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@2-61.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
chillywillyhappy fourth to all americans :)07:08
=== munckfish [n=munckfis@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ivoks_ [n=ivoks@36-183.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== luka74 [n=lure@89-212-19-55.dynamic.dsl.t-2.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fraco [n=fraco@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== danohuiginn [n=dan@client-82-27-244-133.glfd.adsl.virgin.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKchillywilly: Thanks.07:24
=== Neonightmare [n=neonight@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Neonightmare [n=neonight@] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== alex-weej [n=alex@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== macd [n=d@cl-116.atl-01.us.sixxs.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
coNPStevenK: what is the proper syntax to close debian bugs in changelog?07:51
=== coNP started to finish his openbox package at last :)
dholbachcoNP: (Closes: #12345) AFAIK07:54
coNPokay, thanks 07:54
=== yamal [n=yamal@Room641A.no-such-agency.net.ru] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== stratus [n=stratus@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Martinp23_ [n=Martinp2@wikimedia/Martinp23] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Lure_ [n=lure@89-212-19-55.dynamic.dsl.t-2.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== coNP_ [n=conp@unaffiliated/conp] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Kmos [n=gothicx@unaffiliated/kmos] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== DktrKranz [n=Luca@ubuntu/member/dktrkranz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== luka74 [n=lure@89-212-19-55.dynamic.dsl.t-2.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== pgquiles [i=pgquiles@conference/kde/aKademy/x-2b7c14245b75200c] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== micahcowan [n=micah@ubuntu/member/micahcowan] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== coNP_ [n=conp@unaffiliated/conp] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bmm [n=chatzill@cc400801-a.groni1.gr.home.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
bmmAny MOTU: after a comment I can't seem to get working, I would love more comments on ccbuild: http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=585608:30
coNP_how can I sign my repository for pbuilder?08:36
=== hjmf [n=hjmf@150.Red-83-44-175.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachsee you tomorrow08:38
=== hjmf [n=hjmf@150.Red-83-44-175.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKcoNP_: Why would you need to?08:39
coNP_oh I guess I can do without that08:39
=== tsmithe [n=toby@ubuntu/member/tsmithe] has joined #ubuntu-motu
coNP_StevenK: I uploaded openbox and obconf to REVU (both intended for both debian & ubuntu), please review them08:44
=== Knightlust [n=Dax@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== pyros_pyrotica [n=peter@c-76-106-153-54.hsd1.fl.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== icf7 [n=icf7@PPPOE-05-0124.UNI-MUENSTER.DE] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== _16aR_ [n=dolanor@unaffiliated/16ar/x-367395] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== allee [n=ach@lapex-mcallee.mpe.mpg.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tormod [n=tormod@80-219-112-71.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Mez [n=Mez@ubuntu/member/mez] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKgeser: python-tclink sync requested.09:01
=== c0dex__ [n=c0dex__@unaffiliated/c0dex/x-029467] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-164-135-78.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== marcin_ant [n=marcin@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
zulargh can this day go any slower09:13
=== Mez [n=Mez@ubuntu/member/mez] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C6865D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tsmithe [n=toby@ubuntu/member/tsmithe] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== rexbron [n=rexbron@TOROON63-1177742445.sdsl.bell.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== vil [n=vladimir@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== c0dex__ [n=c0dex__@unaffiliated/c0dex/x-029467] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Saliendo"]
=== sharms [n=sharms@ubuntu/member/sharms] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== thekorn_ [n=thekorn@a89-182-64-92.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
tsmithehi could someone review ubuntustudio-sounds for me? http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=586009:51
=== tsmithe hopes, "i would like that last upload to be my final one"
tsmithei don't think i need to add anything to docs, considering the "resulting binary looks fine"09:52
=== slackwarelife [n=slackwar@host180-119-dynamic.56-82-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
luisbgcan please somebody look at tsmithe's?09:55
=== coNP [n=conp@unaffiliated/conp] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== leonel [n=leonel@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mok0 [n=mok@56346690.rev.stofanet.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== pyros_pyrotica [n=peter@c-76-106-153-54.hsd1.fl.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== spacey [n=herman@ubuntu/member/spacey] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Monk-e [n=guido-xu@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKdoko: Are we supporting Python 2.4 in Gutsy (I thought we were).  When I build a Python package just for 2.4, the buildds say, /bin/sh: python2.4: not found???10:10
=== deep` [n=deep@c-9f2a71d5.017-19-626c671.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== pyros_pyrotica [n=peter@c-76-106-153-54.hsd1.fl.comcast.net] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Ex-Chat"]
gnomefreakScottK: is it installed?10:12
icf7ScottK: gutsy has python 2.510:12
gnomefreakif its in shlibs it would have to be installed10:12
gnomefreakicf7: 2.4 also10:12
=== mwolson [i=mwolson@jpi-wlafyte-212-116.dmisinetworks.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
icf7gnomefreak: Yes, when explicitely requiring the package python2.410:14
ScottKgnomefreak and icf7: I was expecting support for multiple python versions in Gutsy.10:14
gnomefreakScottK: thats a bit harder maybe add them both as depends?>10:14
ScottKThe trick in this case is to build for 2.4, but not 2.5 as the functionality was included in 2.5, so the external package is extraeneous cruft for 2.510:15
gnomefreakwondering if you can depen on python-all i believe that contains both interpreters10:15
gnomefreakScottK: its a holiday easy questions please :(10:16
gnomefreakScottK: maybe add python $(source:version) or something like that to beable to use on whatever is installed?10:19
gnomefreaksource:version may not work but somethin gof the like10:19
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-64-92.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKIt's already got a proper pyversions file that should cover that adequately.  10:20
ScottKNow that I think about it though, satisfydepends isn't going to look in there.  Thanks for the hint.10:21
gnomefreakyw 10:22
geserScottK: if you need python2.4 on the buildds you need to add it to build-depends10:24
ScottKgeser: Thanks.  I'm trying to figure a common Debian/Ubuntu solution where Debian has 2.4 as default and we have 2.5.10:24
geserpython should depend on the current python versions10:26
=== mahdi [n=mahdi@c-24-147-12-73.hsd1.nh.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Mez [n=Mez@ubuntu/member/mez] has joined #ubuntu-motu
joejaxx3~/win 10810:32
=== mohammad [n=mohammad@CPE001346f4a717-CM0011aea585d0.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mohammadHello, I have debianized an arabic font which I think is really needed in ubuntu. http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5880  would you please review it?10:34
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@dsl-hkibras1-ff55c300-121.dhcp.inet.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKmohammad: Version in debian/changelog should be 1.001-0ubuntu1.10:40
ScottKmohammad: Why do you specify PACKAGE_VERSION in debian/rules?  That shouldn't be necessary.10:40
mohammadScottK: thank you I will fix them now10:42
ScottKmohammad: I'm not sure gnome is the right section for a font.10:42
ScottKI'd guess this works for kde too, right?10:42
mohammadScottK: yes it works for kde as well10:42
ScottKmohammad: Two spaces before homepage in debian/control10:42
ScottKmohammad: I suggest a different section then.10:42
ScottKIn debian/copyright it says "All Rights Reserved", when, in fact, all right's aren't reserved based on the license.10:43
Q-FUNKif it's a ttf font, section x11 might work best10:44
=== cypher1 [n=cypher1@c-69-249-127-102.hsd1.nj.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKmohammad: Not sure if the license of the package is GPL compatible (I'm thinking not).  I'd recommend license your packaging under the same license as the underlying software.10:46
ScottKThat's all I got on a quick review.10:46
mohammadScottK: thank you I am fixing them :)10:48
ScottKOK.  No guarantee that's it.  I only took a quick look.10:48
Adri2000<ScottK> mohammad: Version in debian/changelog should be 1.001-0ubuntu1. < and s/unstable/gutsy/10:50
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKAh.  Yes, of course10:51
=== allee [n=ach@lapex-mcallee.mpe.mpg.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ogra_ [n=ogra@p548ACB1E.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== neversfelde|mobi [n=neversfe@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mohammadScottK: I have applied all the comments. would you please take a look again? http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=588311:06
tsmitheScottK, if you are reviewing, could you possibly take a look at ubuntustudio-sounds and ubuntustudio-look, both of which have had one advocate so far11:08
=== RainCT [n=RainCT@] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-187-102.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== avoine [n=avoine@] has left #ubuntu-motu []
DktrKranzcould you please have a look at http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=5884? it's a new upstream version of php-interbase, recently readded to archives. thank you.11:19
=== ScottK is not reviewing.
=== ScottK just took a quick look when I had a moment.
=== Subhuman [n=jack@host86-143-235-27.range86-143.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
mohammadthank you ScottK, and Q-FUNK for giving me some comments :) see you later11:24
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== DSBassetts [n=Bassetts@5ac2ddaf.bb.sky.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKwho wants to write a response to esr on the motu list that says "Mailing lists aren't bug trackers.  To file a bug ...."11:34
tsmitheScottK, hahaha11:35
=== cypher1 [n=cypher1@c-69-249-127-102.hsd1.nj.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ScottK not kidding, just doesn't have time.
tsmithewow ok11:43
=== tsmithe volunteers
=== Pici [n=pcmacman@ool-4355be00.dyn.optonline.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Vorian [n=Steve@ubuntu/member/Vorian] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Yann_Dinendal [n=Yann@dyn-91-163-244-44.ppp.tiscali.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ceros [n=user@c-76-111-84-156.hsd1.va.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!