Tonio_asac: just did a lots of tests with network-manager, everything's fine here12:12
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== alex-weej_ [n=alex@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ivoks_ [n=ivoks@18-62.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bluekuja_ [n=andrea@host106-170.pool8252.interbusiness.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== micahcowan [n=micahcow@ubuntu/member/micahcowan] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [n=seb@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tkamppeter_ [n=till@bl8-114-12.dsl.telepac.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tormod [n=tormod@80-219-112-71.dclient.hispeed.ch] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Ex-Chat"]
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-170-39-244.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bryce__ [n=bryce@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tkamppeter_ is now known as tkamppeter
=== johanbr [n=j@blk-224-156-151.eastlink.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== calc [n=ccheney@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
calcooo build sucks01:19
calci made like a 2 line change and it fails to build on amd6401:19
calc5ubuntu1 passed on amd64 and failed on 5ubuntu201:19
calcthere must be some kind of timing screw up in the build system when used in make -j# mode01:20
=== ScottK had a package build in both Sid and Gutsy pbuilders, build on the Debian buildd, and then FTBFS on the Ubuntu buildd today.
calccool someone already threw it back to retry01:24
calcScottK: which package?01:24
=== jml [n=jml@ppp121-44-217-216.lns1.hba1.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lmveloso [n=lmveloso@200-193-152-9.mganm702.dsl.brasiltelecom.net.br] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ScottKIt's fixed now.01:25
calcScottK: is it fairly simple build wise?01:25
Mithrandirspf is crack anyway. :-P01:25
calchmm i wonder if there might be something slightly wrong with the buildds then, of course ooo is so complicated it is hard to tell when it fails if it is a buildd issue or a ooo build system problem01:25
calci'm thinking its mostly due to ooo being crack01:26
ScottKMithrandir: Sure it is, but the alternatives are currently worse.01:26
Mithrandircalc: it's probably just the ooo build system not being good; the buildds break every now and then, but they're not generally broken.01:26
MithrandirScottK: DK might be good.01:26
ScottKMy problem was due to taking a stupid shortcut that apparently usually works.01:26
=== calc is talking to Mithrandir on irc while sitting 2 feet from him, lol
Mithrandiryou're not sitting.01:27
Mithrandirespecially given that what the buildds do is, by definition, correct.01:27
ScottKMithrandir: In my testing DK is VERY implementation depenent.  DKIM Is more robust, but currently lacks a policy component to make it generally useful.01:27
MithrandirScottK: maybe; I haven't actually tried them.  I've just read the specs and, well, spf doesn't really win you anything.01:28
ScottKIn the end I think the right answer will be a combination of the two approaches.  It happens that DKIM works well where SPF is weak and vice versa.01:28
ScottKMithrandir: In my case it got my personal spammers to quit forging my domains.01:29
calcturning on the two flags on my debian mail seemed to help reduce spam some (forgot what they were now though)01:29
ScottKIt's more of a benifit for the sender than the receiver.  That's one of the challenges.01:29
MithrandirScottK: then just use bounce address signing.01:30
ScottKMithrandir: Where do I apt-get install stuff to do that?01:30
calcthe best part was just moving my debian email to a separate forward address and unsubscribing from all the high traffic lists01:30
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
calcso i have only gotten 2200 emails from them in 3-4 months01:30
ScottKThat's a solution to not see the bounces, but doesn't do much for getting the spammers to leave your name alone.01:31
=== ScottK needs to go cook dinner. See you later.
calca lot of the "spam" i get to my debian email address is bounces from stupid servers that don't know that they should be dropping the emails instead of rejecting them at initial receive time01:31
MithrandirScottK: http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Spam-Filtering-for-MX/exim-sign.html01:31
ScottKIn short, SPF sucks, but nothing better is mature.01:31
MithrandirSPF requires the other end to care, sender signatures doesn't01:32
=== micahcowan [n=micahcow@ubuntu/member/micahcowan] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ScottKTrue, but in practice enough receivers care to provide some deterrent effect.01:32
ScottKThe current bounce address stuff only works if MSA is also the MX.  It's not a scalable approach yet.01:33
ScottKGotta run.01:33
ScottKMail Submission Agent (sending MTA).01:33
Mithrandiror you give it a key which is valid01:34
calcMithrandir: envelope sender helps you to not get spam, or to not be marked as spam?01:34
Mithrandircalc: to not get joe-jobs.01:35
calcMithrandir: ah ok01:35
Mithrandirso you don't end up getting bounce spam, or at least less of it.01:35
=== calc wishes webhosts would use more of this stuff
calcif cpanel would implement it then webhosts would just roll it out automatically01:35
=== enyc just interested... not wishing to create an argument... ;-) -- if anybody had considered supporting some more modern (than bind) better-design-practices FOSS dns programs in main, e.g. pdns-recursor, nsd... ;-)
calchttp://cpanel.net/index.html is what most webhosts (at least in the US) use for their servers01:36
calcnot sure about what is used internationally01:36
ScottKInteresting you say in the US since it's developed in Russia.01:37
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
calcScottK: eh?01:37
calcScottK: they have their main office in Houston (afaik)01:37
=== enyc not sure how things go main>universe and universe>main ...
=== Perdente [n=chatzill@75-132-33-28.dhcp.stls.mo.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ScottKMaybe I'm thinking of one of the others.01:37
calcScottK: saw job offers for them a few months ago01:37
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-devel
calcScottK: it may be they have offices other places as well01:37
=== ScottK remembers. It's plesk I was thinking of.
=== haggai [n=halls@credativ.bcnadsl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== enyc waits ;-)
calcah yea plesk is the other big competitor01:38
Mithrandirenyc: I think bind9 is fine, tbh01:38
enycMithrandir: hrrm its complicated and situation-dependant ;-) really01:38
enycMithrandir: I can tell you why i dont like bind9 if you would like. or not, ;-)01:39
Mithrandirenyc: I don't care deeply, but I think calling bind9 "not modern" is kinda wrong.  It's in no way obsolete, it's very much used for many, many hosts and compared to the other DNS servers, lots more people know how to configure it.01:40
ScottKenyc: There's https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pdns01:40
calcbut... it runs on linux which is a kind of unix which is not modern either... ;-P01:40
Robot101pdns is an ass01:41
Mithrandirhiya little robot01:41
=== Arrogance [n=aks@ottawa-hs-64-26-148-25.d-ip.magma.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Robot101bleep :)01:41
enycMithrandir: sure.. its also "been around a long time" and hence has lots of features01:41
enycMithrandir: by "modern" I think I am thinking of the design decision sort of methodology01:42
ajmitchenyc: and your suggested replacement is?01:43
enycMithrandir: i am sure that separate recursor and authoritative is almost always the "right way" to design your dns architecture... and ''never designed'' dns tools seem to keep recursor and auth separate procceses entirely....01:43
enycajmitch: as usual in the world  there is no "right answer" for every situation ;-)01:44
Mithrandirenyc: I don't see a big point in separating authorative and recursive servers.01:45
Mithrandirthey're 90%+-ish the same code01:45
enycajmitch: bind9 is rather less DoS prone if 'recursion' is off entirely...  Also many exploits have required recursion to wkr...    if you dont need views nsd works well imho  ... but its only my opinion01:46
enycpdns-recursor has  neither the "no query restart" bind-recurisor problem nor the "try to find all the nameserver addresses before querying them" problem... and notices ICMP unrches01:47
enycbut there you go01:47
enyclong story ;-)01:47
=== bingo123 [n=bingo123@72-254-59-130.client.stsn.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
enycMithrandir: its usually a matter of security.. if you have a separate listen IP that is only reacable to authorized clients... stops others using your recursor to bounce "large packet replies"  ... also much reduces the chance of an exploit/attach poisoning/affecting data in the "other direction"01:49
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
enycMithrandir: also note bind will reply (even from a SOURCE ip not allowed recursion) with anything it *knows* about... and hence you can snoop on if the other end is looking up things etc...01:50
enycMithrandir: which you may or may not care about01:50
Mithrandirenyc: no, it doesn't.01:50
Mithrandirenyc: if you set up your views correctly, it doesn't do that.01:50
enycMithrandir: you can setup a view with "recursion no"....01:51
Mithrandirwhich is what you'd do for external networks01:51
enycMithrandir: how do you set it to not reply with anything non-authoritative at all?01:51
enycMithrandir: do you have an example server set as such ?01:51
Mithrandiryes, but I'm firewalled out of it from my current physical location01:52
=== iwj [n=ian@xenophobe.extern.relativity.greenend.org.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
enycMithrandir: anyway...how do you setup a view such that bind9 will not actually ansower with 'anything it knows about' under 'recursion no' ?01:54
Mithrandirviews have different caches in modern bind9 versions01:54
Mithrandirif not, split-horizon would be very hard to set up01:54
enycMithrandir: right... makes sense01:55
Mithrandiriirc it was shared for a while, then I told lamont how bad an idea that was and it was fixed01:55
calcdnsreport.com will tell you if you are configured way off as far as being open, etc01:55
=== keescook <3 dnsreport
enycMithrandir: yes... the horizon whatnot would have to be very careful about which zones have different data.......01:56
enycMithrandir: bug prone mess01:56
Mithrandirhence why it makes much more sense to just not share it01:57
enycMithrandir: hrrm... i wonder if bind devs are ever going to take the 'compiled zone-data' idea of pdns+nsd+tinydns  in never versions....01:59
ScottKOf course if you want "Only the RFCs I feel like implementing DNS", there's djbdns.01:59
ScottKkeescook: Did you see my clamav question on #ubuntu-motu?02:00
enyccurrenly a syntax error causes (in by experience) bind to SERVFAIL queries on a zone.... rather than complaining at 'compile time' without disrupting service02:00
enycbut maybe theres some workaround to this i dont know about02:00
enycScottK: ;-)  ... which is also not FOSS  really02:00
=== johanbr_ [n=j@blk-89-207-129.eastlink.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ScottKWell, that too.02:01
ijuz_i don't want to make advertisement... put powerdns is the one! you should throw bind out of the repository :)02:01
enyci didnt really want to talk about dns for ages ;-)02:01
=== persia [n=persia@ubuntu/member/persia] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-devel
enycI wanted to know if anybody had considred any of these "more modern designed" (but not so long in use)  FOSS dns tools  like NSD/pdnsd  for main rather than univers...  ive never really understood how the main>universe  universe>main  moves work anyway q-)02:03
enycijuz_: I dont think anything fits all circumstaces perfuctly....02:03
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== iwj [n=ian@xenophobe.extern.relativity.greenend.org.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mpt [n=mpt@121-72-128-43.dsl.telstraclear.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
keescookScottK: ah, yeah, I'd go for the highest upstream version, they have other non-security updates in their micro-versions.02:16
=== jack_wyt_ [n=jack@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== troy_s [n=aphorism@d206-116-6-170.bchsia.telus.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== RAOF [n=Chris_@matht464.maths.unsw.edu.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
FujitsuMithrandir: Can you please give back hdbc-{odbc,postgresql,sqlite3} on all archs?02:31
=== iwj [n=ian@xenophobe.extern.relativity.greenend.org.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== EliasAmaral [n=dark@unaffiliated/EliasAmaral] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== superm1 [n=superm1@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== troy_s [n=aphorism@d206-116-6-170.bchsia.telus.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== RAOF [n=Chris_@matht464.maths.unsw.edu.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mgalvin [n=mgalvin@ubuntu/member/mgalvin] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sharms [n=sharms@ubuntu/member/sharms] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== troy_s [n=aphorism@d206-116-6-170.bchsia.telus.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== licio [n=licio@ubuntu/member/licio] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Nafallo_ [n=nafallo@ubuntu/member/nafallo] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== etank [n=etank@ubuntu/member/etank] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ScottKkeescook: OK.  Thanks.03:33
=== maniacmusician [n=maniacmu@24-151-1-111.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== minghua [n=minghua@ubuntu/member/minghua] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdstrand [n=james@mail.strandboge.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== oni_ [n=oni@p54832AD2.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== xtknight_ [n=xtknight@c-68-43-120-159.hsd1.mi.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jml [n=jml@ppp121-44-217-216.lns1.hba1.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== xtknight_ [n=xtknight@c-68-43-120-159.hsd1.mi.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== micahcowan [n=micah@ubuntu/member/micahcowan] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Pumpernickel [n=Pumperni@about/essy/bacon/PuMpErNiCkLe] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Pici [n=pcmacman@ool-4355be00.dyn.optonline.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sbalneav [n=sbalneav@S0106000b6a5631f9.wp.shawcable.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Pici [n=pcmacman@ool-4355be00.dyn.optonline.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== aba- [i=aba@redruth.greenbean.org] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Kigh [n=kai@ciphron.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== soren [n=sh@atlas.linux2go.dk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Ng [n=cmsj@mairukipa.tenshu.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== chninkel [n=yann@alcyone.pleiades.fr.eu.org] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== keescook [n=kees@ubuntu/member/keescook] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lool [i=lool@debian/developer/lool] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Chipzz [i=chipzz@safehex.be] has joined #Ubuntu-Devel
=== zul [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bdmurray [n=bdmurray@mylar.outflux.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-170-39-244.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Xof [n=mas01cr@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ScottKGreetings earthling.04:34
FujitsuHm, afternoon.04:35
FujitsuHas anybody ever struck something being synced, and then vanishing? seb128 synced r-base yesterday, but the source seems to have been eaten...04:36
=== IanC26 [n=IanC26@2002:908b:a588:4:216:6fff:fe39:ff6e] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== desrt [n=desrt@dhcp-0-20-af-d2-7c-3.cpe.mountaincable.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdong [n=jdong@ubuntu/member/jdong] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hile [i=hile@hack.fi] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== wwoods [i=wwoods@nat/redhat/session] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== anibal [n=anibal@debian/developer/anibal] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sbalneavSomething going on with libcurl3-gnutls vs libcurl4-gnutls?04:42
Hobbseeyeah.  it's dead.04:43
persiasbalneav: Not anymore: libcurl4 is dead.04:43
sbalneavbut if I try to install libcurl3, it's going to yank out all the openoffice suite04:44
Hobbseeooo has to actually build, to fix that04:44
FujitsuOOo has been FTBFSing.04:44
FujitsuAs it does.04:44
FujitsuIt is pure evil, but does build occasionally.04:44
sbalneavah, ok04:44
sbalneavso ditch -4, go back to three, and OOo will come back....04:44
sbalneav... eventually :)04:45
FujitsuThe libcurl[34]  thing was a bit of a disaster... you're not meant to pull out transitions half-way, generally.04:45
Fujitsu*pull out of04:45
sbalneavthanks Hobbsee, Fujitsu and persia04:45
Hobbseeno problem04:46
FujitsuNo problem.04:46
sbalneavnp, I'm just plunking away on the ltsp specs, but I try to keep my devel box here as u04:46
sbalneavp to date as possible :)04:46
sbalneav"return to your work, citizens.  All is well"04:47
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/session] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKFujitsu: Not our fault, though. :-/04:49
=== wwoods_ [i=wwoods@nat/redhat/session] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mneptokwait. libcurl3 breaks ooo-build?04:49
ScottKmneptok: Don't ask.04:49
Fujitsumneptok: No. OOo breaks OOo-build.04:49
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseegreetings, mneptok04:50
FujitsuIt only builds when the planets are perfectly aligned, and it needs to be rebuilt for the untransition.04:50
mneptokok, so this is not the month to mess with mmeks :)04:50
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/session] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mneptok coats Hobbsee in molassess and ennui
mneptokit tastes good, but ... whatever.  ;)04:51
=== netjoined: irc.freenode.net -> kubrick.freenode.net
=== wwoods [i=wwoods@nat/redhat/session] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== LeeJunFan [i=junfan@adsl-76-204-9-149.dsl.klmzmi.sbcglobal.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== LeeJunFan [i=junfan@adsl-76-204-9-149.dsl.klmzmi.sbcglobal.net] has left #ubuntu-devel ["http://www.americanfreedoms.org"]
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== amitk__ [n=amit@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-1fd66bf66a309a31] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== acm__ [n=acm@p54BC2679.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ijuz__ [n=ijuz@p54ABFAF2.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tritium [n=tritium@ubuntu/member/tritium] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Monk-e [n=guido-xu@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nags [n=nags@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== maniacmusician [n=maniacmu@24-151-1-111.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nags [n=nags@] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Linux]
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Zdra [n=zdra@cable-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Monk-e [n=guido-xu@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hjmf [n=hjmf@150.Red-83-44-175.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ScottLij [n=scott@24-180-196-49.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Monk-e [n=guido-xu@c529dd229.cable.wanadoo.nl] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Gone"]
=== hjmf [n=hjmf@150.Red-83-44-175.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hjmf [n=hjmf@150.Red-83-44-175.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== viviersf [n=cain@gw.impilinux.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== iwj [n=ian@xenophobe.extern.relativity.greenend.org.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stu1 [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Lure [n=lure@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-144-180.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C4A53D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
superm1hi guys, is there some certain level of magic to using the debconf python module?09:06
superm1every time i try to initialize it, it spits back a "VERSION 2" on the console and hangs09:07
=== bryce_ [n=bryce@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKI presume it's waiting for input, actually.09:09
superm1that assertion seems to be right09:11
superm1how can it work non interactively then?09:11
=== minghua [n=minghua@ubuntu/member/minghua] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rulus [n=rulus_|@237.77-243-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cprov [n=cprov@canonical/launchpad/cprov] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hunger [n=tobias@pd95b0676.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@linagoraberri.pck.nerim.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
MithrandirFujitsu: given-back09:25
Hobbseemorning Mithrandir!09:26
FujitsuMithrandir: Thanks, and morning.09:26
Mithrandirmorning, Hobbsee!09:26
FujitsuMithrandir: Are you able to look at the r-base sync? It seems to have jumped into the Soyuz black hole.09:26
MithrandirFujitsu: can it wait until I am a) out of bed, and b) at the office?09:27
FujitsuMithrandir: Ah, of course.09:27
Hobbseeheh, Mithrandir's picked up the nasty habit of IRCing from bed now?09:27
=== Hobbsee wonders just how many people started doing that in spain
MithrandirHobbsee: I used to do it a long time ago, but then stopped for a while09:28
=== Fujitsu does it when it's winter and it's too darn cold to not be in bed.
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cynics [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== BenC [i=bcollins@debian/developer/bcollins] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== fabbione [i=fabbione@nat/canonical/x-b792111838113025] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== TheMuso_ [n=luke@ppp121-44-8-43.lns4.syd7.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== huahua [n=huahua@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mathiaz [i=mathiaz@nat/canonical/x-f4b6a0dca4a6a700] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== carlos [n=carlos@canonical/launchpad/carlos] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Lure_ [n=lure@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Zdra [n=zdra@cable-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mvo [i=egon@nat/canonical/x-8495eeb5128b7b93] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== chand| [n=rsamson@linagoraberri.pck.nerim.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [i=seb@nat/canonical/x-7aad4b86991a7648] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128_ [i=seb@nat/canonical/x-9490123838c2c3e4] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pitti_ [i=pitti@nat/canonical/x-a0da9c15a363cdc9] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128pitti_: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/12540010:19
ubotuLaunchpad bug 125400 in openoffice.org "[MASTER]  package openoffice.org-common 2.2.1-5ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1" [High,Confirmed] 10:19
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Fujitsuseb128: Any idea what went wrong with bug #124816?10:20
ubotuLaunchpad bug 124816 in r-base "Please sync r-base (universe) from Debian unstable (main)" [Wishlist,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12481610:20
=== pitti_ is now known as pitti
seb128Fujitsu: looking10:21
Hobbseemorning seb128, pitti10:22
Fujitsuseb128: Thanks.10:22
pittihey Hobbsee10:22
seb128hey Hobbsee10:22
FujitsuMorning pitti.10:22
StevenKMorning pitti.10:22
StevenKpitti: Can I stea^Wborrow some of your time for NBS'ing a bunch of stuff?10:23
pittiStevenK: sure10:23
pittiStevenK: I just gave back d-i, once that built, I can kill all the 2.6.22-7 stuff10:24
StevenKAh, cool.10:24
StevenKpitti: Firstly, I have dealt with libflac++5, so it can be killed.10:24
Hobbseedie libflac++5, die!10:25
StevenKpitti: I was going to get you to kill everything that's empty on NBS/, but that can wait until d-i is built.10:25
=== Mithrandir chews libflac++5's leg
Mithrandirmmm, software10:25
FujitsuMithrandir: Yummy.10:25
Mithrandirnot as good as brains, but still quite good10:25
HobbseeMithrandir: i thought there was real food in london...10:25
Hobbsee*eyes turn red*10:25
MithrandirHobbsee: there is10:25
=== Fujitsu runs.
HobbseeMithrandir: just that you still want to eat libflac++5's leg too10:26
=== Hobbsee spears Fujitsu with the Long Pointy Stick of DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
StevenKpitti: Secondly, I've done everything I can for libflac7, but ecasound and scummvm are still listed as deps for ia64 - this is due to ghostscript SEGV'ing on ia64 and causing the build to fail - do I/we care?10:26
StevenKpitti: And mythmusic is on sparc, due to mythtv now appearing in P-a-s and being excluded on sparc.10:27
=== dholbach [i=daniel@nat/canonical/x-318cf2c1c01d7188] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseemorning dholbach10:28
=== micahcowan [n=micah@ubuntu/member/micahcowan] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dholbachhi Hobbsee10:28
=== Keybuk [i=scott@nat/canonical/x-c2853da4747e4adc] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== agoliveira [i=adilson@nat/canonical/x-f87620c22b2be3be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
FujitsuThanks seb128 (I presume)10:34
pittiStevenK: so we need to remove mythtv from sparc?10:34
seb128Fujitsu: you're welcome, I don't know why it didn't work yesterday10:34
StevenKpitti: Presumably. I'm not certain why it was added.10:35
StevenKpitti: d-i just failed to build on all arches.10:37
StevenKYup. The latest try was 13 minutes ago.10:38
pittifabbione: ^10:38
StevenKBuilding dependency tree...10:38
StevenKE: Couldn't find package ubuntu-modules-2.6.22-8-generic-di10:38
StevenKmake[7] : *** [stamps/get_udebs-netboot-stamp]  Error 10010:38
pittiaah, I just newed that10:38
pittinot on all arches, though10:38
fabbionepitti: did you new ubuntu-mods?10:38
fabbioneeh ok10:38
FujitsuWhy was -image NEWed when -ubuntu-modules wasn't?10:38
pittiFujitsu: lum b-deps on the headers10:39
FujitsuOh, I didn't realise it was a separate source.10:39
fabbionepitti: sorry i thought you already NEW?ed lum stuff10:39
pittifabbione: however, i386 lum is still missing10:39
fabbionepitti: mind to ride the beast?10:39
pittifabbione: I think BenC is at it10:39
fabbionepitti: uh?...10:39
asacTonio_: ok thanks ... will clean a bit up and upload then10:40
fabbionepitti: i am in the other room, can you poke Ben?10:40
BenCfabbione: it's not lum that's the problem10:40
BenCthe xen custom binary in linux-source-2.6.22 didn't build for some reason10:40
fabbioneso it?s another kernel upload?10:40
fabbionepitti: how painful is it for you to still let the sparc installer to build once lum is in?10:42
pittifabbione: not at all10:42
fabbionepitti: there is a kernel feature i need to test in combo with the installer10:42
fabbionepitti: that?d be lovely10:42
fabbionepitti: thanks10:42
Fujitsufabbione: What's eating your quotes?10:44
=== XimDev [n=ximox@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== XimDev [n=ximox@] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== jono [i=jono@ubuntu/member/jono] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mbiebl [n=michael@e180070172.adsl.alicedsl.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bryce_ [i=bryce@nat/canonical/x-d7a22ee60d502c31] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== siti [n=siti@clix-jaquesmartin-nz.cpe.clix.net.nz] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== calc [i=ccheney@nat/canonical/x-a675a2aaf4817ea6] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbioneFujitsu: ?10:55
Hobbseecalc: OOPS, YOU BROKE IT!!!!10:55
calcHobbsee: eh?10:56
Hobbseecalc: you currently have 13 dupes.10:56
calcHobbsee: what did i break?10:56
Hobbseecalc: what you uploaded.10:56
calchmm what i uploaded was just a small fix for what doko previously uploaded the day before, bug #?10:57
MithrandirSetter opp openoffice.org-common (2.2.1-5ubuntu2) ...10:57
MithrandirUpdating OpenOffice.org's dictionary list... done.10:57
MithrandirNo theme index file in '/usr/share/icons/locolor'.10:57
MithrandirIf you really want to create an icon cache here, use --ignore-theme-index.10:57
Mithrandirdpkg: Feil ved behandling av openoffice.org-common (--configure):10:57
HobbseeMithrandir: yeah, that's the one10:57
Mithrandiryou failed to test your change.  Bad calc!10:57
calcMithrandir: i think that is "fixed" now by a new debhelper upload10:57
calcMithrandir: it installs on my box just tried this morning10:57
=== calc thinks dh_iconcache might have been buggy
Mithrandiruh, debhelper isn't going to change what's in the archive already.10:58
calchmm yea that is true, so why did it work for me? :\10:58
Mithrandirand this is from about 30 minutes ago10:58
calcii  openoffice.org-common             2.2.1-5ubuntu2                             OpenOffice.org office suite architecture ind10:59
calcinstalled fine on this box10:59
=== ajmitch should probably rigourously test coreutils before uploading this evening
calcgot to run to the distro meeting, bbl10:59
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gman [i=gman@nat/sun/x-c08bb9552fc69082] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mc44 [n=mc44@unaffiliated/mc44] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pitticalc: amd64 retry worked, btw \o/11:03
pitticalc: I retried it on powerpc11:03
Tonio_asac: please do ;)11:04
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Tonio_asac: I can't be sure to have tested everything, but switching between several networks, using wep or wpa, rebooting, and performing an openvpn connection works like a charm11:04
Tonio_asac: I just hope there is not a hidden regression I missed11:05
=== pitti [i=pitti@ubuntu/member/pitti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jetscreamer [n=jetscrea@unaffiliated/jetscreamer] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Watersevenub [n=Watersev@azevedo.astro.up.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
asacTonio_: Tonio_ ok uploaded11:23
asacTonio_: branch is updated as well11:24
=== pygi [n=mario@155-69.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pygiseb128, around?11:27
seb128pygi: sort of, in the middle of a meeting, just ask your question ;)11:27
pygiseb128, ah, everyone's in the meeting, I'll bug later then11:27
=== Nicke [n=niclasa@ua-83-227-140-135.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== |cerbero| [n=jga@pD9E62B6A.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128pygi: just ask11:30
pygiseb128, I need sponsoring :)11:30
seb128pygi: I might reply now if that's a quick one11:30
seb128k, so for later ;)11:30
pygihehe, indeed11:30
Hobbseepygi: what for?11:30
pygiHobbsee, brasero11:30
pygiHobbsee, working on k3b as we speak11:31
seb128pitti: could you run the NBS update now?11:34
pygiHobbsee, you'r gonna sponsor that, righ?11:34
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseepygi: i think there's dinner, adn i dont know anything about brasero codebase.11:35
pygiHobbsee, I thought k3b ^_^11:35
Hobbseeah right11:35
Hobbseeshould do.  Tonio_'s also around11:35
pittiseb128: yep11:36
seb128pitti: danke11:36
Tonio_pygi: good point, debian k3b maintainer is okay to merge all my packaging changes and switch to cdbs :)11:39
Tonio_pygi: we'll probably maintain it together now11:39
pygiTonio_, rok on :)11:40
pygiTonio_, so I'm useless from now on :)11:40
pygiTonio_, if you want tho,  I can still help around :)11:42
Tonio_pygi: sure :)11:43
HobbseeTonio_: rock on!11:43
Hobbseepygi: that means you can still patch the debian package.  nothing wrong there11:43
pygiTonio_, yay!11:43
pygiHobbsee, I know, I know, but still ... :)11:44
Hobbseego on11:44
pygipatch 111!11:44
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pygiHobbsee, Tonio_ : who wants the debdiff and how? Mail?11:50
HobbseeTonio_: does.11:50
Hobbseei need to actually get my butt into gear and do stuff like a resume.11:50
Hobbseeand dinner11:50
pygiHobbsee, oki11:51
pygiTonio_, poke11:51
=== iwj [n=ian@xenophobe.extern.relativity.greenend.org.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hjmf [n=hjmf@186.Red-81-32-9.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonsuperm1: if you're using debconf.py in a context where there might not be a frontend already running, you need to call debconf.runFrontEnd() at the top of your script11:53
Hobbseemorning cjwatson11:54
Riddellkeescook: don't forget strigi :)11:55
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee watches the dupe count rise
Hobbseeyay, people who clearly havent heard of the search button11:58
=== munckfish [n=munckfis@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== btse [n=BTSE@c83-253-253-96.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiseb128: NBS done, btw12:10
pygihey pitti12:10
seb128pitti: yeah, I've noticed, the list ist shorter now12:11
pittihi pygi12:11
=== hjmf [n=hjmf@186.Red-81-32-9.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128pygi: where is the brasero package to sponsor?12:17
pygiseb128, persia is on it now, I assigned the ubuntu-universe-sponsors12:17
seb128pygi: ok, good12:17
pygiTonio_, k3b is subscribed to u-m-s12:17
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Zdra [n=zdra@10.162-247-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
calcpitti: thanks! :)12:34
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== calc built a new chroot to see if ooo fails to install a second time
=== illovae_ [n=illovae@unaffiliated/illovae] has joined #ubuntu-devel
calcdholbach: i have a freshly built chroot than installed ooo fine, and shows no errors, not sure if you are interested in looking at the machine?12:38
dholbachcalc: does /usr/share/icons/locolor contain anything?12:38
dholbachcalc: which version of debhelper was used in that build chroot?12:38
calcno index.theme12:39
calcneither does /usr/share/icons/gnome though12:39
calcactually for that matter neither does hicolor12:39
dholbachcalc: might be interesting to see if the .postinst files contain dh_icons or dh_iconcache12:39
calcnone of the three have an index.theme12:39
dholbachyou don't have {hicolor,gnome}-icon-theme installed?12:39
calc# Automatically added by dh_icons12:40
calcif which gtk-update-icon-cache >/dev/null 2>&1; then12:40
calc        for dir in /usr/share/icons/hicolor /usr/share/icons/locolor /usr/share/icons/gnome; do12:40
calc                gtk-update-icon-cache --force --quiet "$dir"12:40
calc        done12:40
calc# End automatically added section12:40
calcicon-themes are not installed12:40
calci did a fresh chroot and just did an apt-get install openoffice.org12:40
dholbachright, that's why - kubuntu does not seem to want to install them12:40
dholbachyou don't have libgtk2.0-bin installed12:41
dholbachso you don't have gtk-update-icon-cache12:41
dholbachif which gtk-update-icon-cache >/dev/null 2>&1; then12:41
dholbach^ FALSE12:41
calcoh, oops!12:41
dholbachthere you go12:41
calcshould there be some kind of replacement dep in control so that gets added automatically?12:41
dholbachno no12:41
dholbachthe icon cache is only of use for gnome / xfce (people who use gtk)12:42
calci'll retry with libgtk2.0-bin installed and see how it goes12:42
dholbachso kde people don't need libgtk2.0-bin installed12:42
=== drekko [n=drekko@xs00301fw1.x-source.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jono [i=jono@ubuntu/member/jono] has joined #ubuntu-devel
calcyipee i made openoffice not install on my test system too! :)12:50
calcnow i need the Contents files for the whole repo so i can look through them for locolor stuff12:50
=== cain_ [n=cain@gw.impilinux.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== agoliveira [i=adilson@nat/canonical/x-f5e75702743d5b63] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Spads [n=spacehob@unaffiliated/spads] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Riddellcalc: why on earth is openoffice using locolor?12:55
=== sommer [n=sommer@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@ubuntu/member/ivoks] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== iwj [n=ian@xenophobe.extern.relativity.greenend.org.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dholbach [i=daniel@nat/canonical/x-1f7d5d6d6dd8ddb2] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Nicke [n=niclasa@ua-83-227-140-135.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== svolpe_gerrath [n=Gerrath_@unaffiliated/gerrath] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nags [n=nags@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nags [n=nags@] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Linux]
StevenKpitti: If you're waiting for the kernel/d-i stuff to get sorted out being cleaning out NBS, could you at least kick parrot and glew out of NEW?01:17
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jenny1 [n=jenny1@61-229-185-191.dynamic.hinet.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stdin [i=stdin@unaffiliated/binary2k2] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rodarvus [n=rodarvus@ubuntu/member/rodarvus] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== agoliveira [i=adilson@nat/canonical/x-8619eb9e6932ffc7] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== fdoving [n=frode@edge.lnix.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== siretart [i=siretart@tauware.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Spads [n=spacehob@unaffiliated/spads] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Knightlust [n=knightlu@ubuntu/member/knightlust] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Trewas [n=ilonen@raato.lut.fi] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zenrox [i=zenrox@pool-71-115-210-186.spknwa.dsl-w.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== syp| [n=syp@lasigpc9.epfl.ch] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mat [n=mat@igoan/mat] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pitti [i=pitti@ubuntu/member/pitti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Riddelll [n=jr@jasmine.wyrdweb.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zul [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Nafallopitti: could you please tell apport so use a sane webbrowser? I use epiphany as default and it tries to use firefox.01:37
Nafallopitti: which doesn't respond since my LA is currently VERY high.01:37
Nafalloso you miss out on bugreports atm ;-)01:38
pittihm, I thought I fixed that ages ago01:38
pittiNafallo: gconftool --get /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http/command01:39
pittiNafallo: ^ for you?01:39
pittiNafallo: it starts that one if it exists01:40
Nafalloepiphany --new-tab %s01:41
pittiNafallo: what does "gnome-open http://www.ubuntu.com" do for you?01:41
StevenKOh, drat. qa.debian.org is down because Fort Collins is off the Intraweb01:41
Nafallopitti: new tab in epiphany01:42
pittiNafallo: hmm01:43
pittiNafallo: it's supposed to use that01:43
Nafallowell. it isn't01:44
=== pitti [i=pitti@ubuntu/member/pitti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== luisbg [n=luisbg@189.Red-88-24-79.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Pricey [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Tonio_pygi: yes, please don't merge it01:57
Tonio_pygi: as I said, k3b will merge ubuntu changes in the next days, so please don't sync with debian01:58
pygiTonio_, I wasn't merging with debian?02:01
pygiI just created a patch for k3b ubuntu-specific02:01
Riddellmvo: i get /usr/bin/compiz.real (core) - Error: Can't load plugin 'ccp' because it is built for ABI version 20070606 and actual version is 2007070602:02
ograRiddell, replacing kwin ? :)02:03
Riddellogra: trying to02:03
ograwow, really ?02:03
=== ogra wasnt serious
Riddellogra: not by default, but I want compiz/kde integration to be nice and smooth02:04
ogracool !02:04
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
AmaranthHeh, I can't help with problems like that02:09
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@linagoraberri.pck.nerim.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
hungeropenoffice.org-common does not install here.02:16
gnomefreakhunger: its known02:16
hungergnomefreak: Great, then I do not need to use launchpad;-)02:16
gnomefreakhunger: assuming you are on gutsy ;)02:17
mvoRiddell: right, it needs later compiz-fusion-plugins-main, those are build now, should be available shortly02:18
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== spacey [n=herman@ubuntu/member/spacey] has joined #ubuntu-devel
gnomefreakmvo: they are available already i think02:21
=== xxxxx1 [n=xxxxx1@44125.static.fln.virtua.com.br] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-170-39-244.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittifabbione: d-i/sparc is happy, btw02:24
=== Hobbsee wonders if this openoffice bug will end up having mroe dupes than the dapper security X breakage bug ever did
Hobbseeone thing's for sure - we need auto duping!02:24
pittiHobbsee: right, no autoduping for package install failures yet02:25
Hobbseepitti: damn02:25
Hobbseepitti: 29 dupes.02:25
persiaHobbsee: 29 for each package, or 29 total?02:25
FujitsuHobbsee: Bug number?02:25
HobbseeFujitsu: bug 12540002:26
ubotuLaunchpad bug 125400 in openoffice.org "[MASTER]  package openoffice.org-common 2.2.1-5ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1" [High,In progress]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12540002:26
StevenKpitti: d-i/ia64 failed again.02:26
Hobbseepersia: 29 total02:26
ograHobbsee, thats nothing :)02:27
Hobbseeno, but there will be more on update-manager02:27
StevenKThere was some Gnome bug during Feisty development that had like 113 dupes.02:27
Hobbseeogra: that's just in half a day.  and it's gutsy, so we shouldnt have that many users02:27
Hobbseeand most of the bugs are crap anyway - they'd all need more info02:27
ograwe had bugs before that were in the hundrets after a days (like StevenK said)02:28
ogra*a day02:28
=== viviersf [n=cain@gw.impilinux.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pygiHobbsee, did you look at bug?02:29
Hobbseepygi: at which bug, sorry?02:29
Hobbseeogra: true02:29
=== calc [i=ccheney@nat/canonical/x-6f63d446c68b4a79] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== chand| [n=rsamson@linagoraberri.pck.nerim.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pygiHobbsee, https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/k3b/+bug/12187702:31
ubotuLaunchpad bug 121877 in k3b "K3b doesnt prompt the user to install kubuntu-restricted-extras for codecs" [High,Confirmed] 02:31
Hobbseemvo: i'm not sure if i told you - you are right02:33
Hobbsee@ the metapackages for universe/multiverse02:34
Hobbseepygi: and i thought Tonio_ was uploading all that to debian.  although that bit would require a merge, i guess02:34
pygiHobbsee, ah, ah, yes, indeed02:35
pygiHobbsee, o well02:35
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== IanC26 [n=IanC26@2002:cb36:1cb0:4:216:6fff:fe39:ff6e] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Tonio_Hobbsee: yup, in fact the debian k3b maintainer wants to swtich the packaging to cdbs as I did, so we'll probably maintain it together on alioth02:38
Tonio_Hobbsee: so the idea is to NOT merge with debian at the moment :)02:38
=== thom struggles with the idea of anyone wanting to use cdbs, as usual
Tonio_concerning the bug, I'm adding this to my todo, that would be usefull, indeed02:39
persiathom: Why?02:39
Tonio_Hobbsee: I'll do that this WE02:39
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pygiHobbsee, ignore then :)02:40
HobbseeTonio_: right02:44
HobbseeTonio_: i can upload it, if you're busy.02:45
Tonio_Hobbsee, pygi:in fact I'm doing this right now ;)02:45
HobbseeTonio_: just didnt want to give you more stuff to merge/deal with, i fyou didnt want to02:45
Hobbseeahh, okay, excellent02:45
Tonio_Hobbsee: I already launched the build, don't mind :)02:45
Tonio_Hobbsee: I hope you synced my changes with kdelibs02:45
Tonio_Hobbsee: are you able to commit now ?02:45
HobbseeTonio_: havent even looked - was off having dinner02:45
Tonio_Hobbsee: oki :)02:46
HobbseeTonio_: do you have more stuff that you want to add?02:46
pygiTonio_, whatever you want, as long as this fix is in :P02:46
Tonio_Hobbsee: nope, except the zoom effect speed change from 5 to 3, that's all :)02:47
HobbseeTonio_: which is the one committed, right?02:47
Tonio_Hobbsee: and of course _Stefans_ patch for kdesudo02:47
Tonio_Hobbsee: true02:47
HobbseeTonio_: yep, yep, got them :)02:48
Hobbseewill pick them both up02:48
Tonio_Hobbsee: great :)02:48
HobbseeTonio_: i'm procrastinating again, cant you tell?  :)02:48
Tonio_Hobbsee: would be nice to have kdesudo not only working better than kdesu, but also blinking a lot more hehe02:48
HobbseeTonio_: but, i do want to go thru the bugs at some point, too02:48
Tonio_prowhat ?02:48
Tonio_which means ?02:48
Hobbseetry "dict procrastination"02:48
Hobbsee  procrastination02:49
Hobbsee       n 1: the act of procrastinating; putting off or delaying or02:49
Hobbsee            defering an action to a later time02:49
Hobbsee2: slowness as a consequence of not getting around to it02:49
Tonio_Hobbsee: oki ;)02:49
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
HobbseeTonio_: blob wars calls :P02:49
Tonio_that's an ugly word, for sure :)02:49
Hobbseenah, it's a lovely word!  so's antidisestabilishmentarianism.02:50
Riddellmvo:   compiz-fusion-plugins-main: Conflicts: compiz-compcomm-plugins-main (< 0.0.0+git20070622-0ubuntu1) but 0.0.0+git20070612-0ubuntu1 is to be installed02:51
pittimathiaz: http://dehs.alioth.debian.org/02:52
=== dholbach [i=daniel@nat/canonical/x-a7534ea5d0edb4eb] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Riddellmvo: I have new compiz-fusion-plugins-main but it still gives me Can't load plugin 'ccp' because it is built for ABI version 2007060602:56
=== alex-weej [n=alex@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128Riddell: what version do you have?03:02
=== jsgotangco [n=jsg123@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== viviersf [n=cain@gw.impilinux.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== troy_s [n=aphorism@d206-116-6-170.bchsia.telus.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stdin [i=stdin@unaffiliated/binary2k2] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Konversation]
Riddellseb128: compiz-fusion-plugins-main 0.0.0+git20070711-0ubuntu203:05
=== pygi [n=mario@155-69.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128mvo: ^03:06
seb128mvo told me this version was supposed to fix it03:06
=== rodarvus [n=rodarvus@ubuntu/member/rodarvus] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== IanC26 [n=IanC26@2002:cb36:1cf9:4:216:6fff:fe39:ff6e] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== BenC [i=bcollins@debian/developer/bcollins] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== WorkingGeier [n=richter@mnch-4db01525.pool.einsundeins.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
fabbionepitti: yes i noticed.. thanks. waiting for mirrors to propagate03:12
WorkingGeierwhat is the best way to create a (minimal) Ubuntu mirror covering all releases that is sufficient for debootstrapping?03:13
pittiWorkingGeier: => #ubuntu; hint: debmirror and filtering on priority03:15
=== mvo [i=egon@nat/canonical/x-4453ed2d491b0b7e] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cr3 [n=marc@modemcable178.77-70-69.static.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
WorkingGeierpitti, that's what I did, however required+standard is not enough03:24
WorkingGeier(vim is missing for instance)03:24
asacpitti: what about dbus 1.1 ?03:24
pittiWorkingGeier: vim is not necessary for debootstrap03:24
evandanyone use listadmin?  What do you use for (base64) encoded messages?03:25
WorkingGeierit tries to load it though03:26
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
bryce_seb128: could you also sync xserver-xorg-video-amd?  There is a new release yesterday that debian has packaged.03:27
pittiWorkingGeier: only warty and hoary required vim03:27
wwoodspitti: hey, about the server-side bits of apport - do the crash reports go into a (searchable) database at all, or are they just unpacked into files?03:28
=== wwoods was trying to insert the crashes into a DB
pittiwwoods: that entirely depends on the crashdb implementation, of course03:28
wwoodssystem locked up for like 20 minutes when I tried to upload an evo crash :/03:28
pittiwwoods: for Ubutnu they become Launchpad bugs03:28
wwoodsright, but I'm curious about the "reference implementation"03:28
StevenKpitti: That typo sounds like how my sister says Ubuntu03:29
wwoodsI'm thinking that inserting core files into the bugzilla db (as bug attachments) is a bad idea03:29
bryce_seb128: (it is xserver-xorg-video-amd_2.7.6.5+git20070711-1)03:30
pittiwwoods: look at bug 12510103:32
ubotuLaunchpad bug 125101 in totem "totem crashed with SIGSEGV in gst_object_get_parent()" [Undecided,New]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12510103:32
pittiwwoods: I just reviewed it and marked it as public, so that you can see it03:32
bryce_seb128: the one change we had in ubuntu was taken upstream by debian (restricts architecture to i386)03:32
pittiwwoods: so, we now file all bugs as private (i. e. only subscribers can see them)03:32
pittiwwoods: initially only the apport retracer is subscribed03:33
wwoodsokay, so when it gets uploaded, where does the corefile go?03:33
pittiwwoods: the bot picks up the new bug, retraces it, removes the CoreDump.gz attachment, and subscribes ubuntu-qa03:33
pittiwwoods: initially it is a normal bug attachment03:33
=== ryu [n=chris@unaffiliated/ryu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
wwoodsso initially you *do* have the entire core dump in the bug database as an attachment?03:34
wwoodsdunno how the bugzilla admins will like that. hmm.03:36
pittiwwoods: right03:36
fabbionepitti: installer is good.. can?t be better!03:36
pittiwwoods: we do not have a proper crash db in LP yet; we will in the future03:37
fabbioneF I R S T   L D O M   I N S T A L L out of archive!03:37
pittiwwoods: for now we use the workaround with private bugs03:37
=== pitti hugs fabbione
zulfabbione: congrats03:37
wwoodsright, I'm prototyping a crashdb as a turbogears app but.. still trying to figure out whether that's worth the effort03:38
pittiwwoods: bz has private bugs, too, AFAIR?03:38
Hobbseeargh.  we need some basic bug reporting lessons...03:39
wwoodsyeah the only tricky thing is making sure I don't overload bz by uploading enormous chunks of data03:39
pittiwwoods: we figured that we need to restrict access to those bugs anyway, since the stacktrace/traceback could have passwords, CSS keys, etc., too03:39
pittiwwoods: right, this needs to be considered, of course03:39
Hobbsee"if your bug is a dupe of all these other bugs, please do not file a bug saying "this is a dupe of bug x, y, z".  thankyou"03:39
zulHobbsee: or people having conversations in bug reports03:40
Hobbseezul: that too.03:41
Hobbseehttps://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/125528 is my favorite so far03:41
ubotuLaunchpad bug 125528 in update-manager "package update-manager failed to install/upgrade: ErrorMessage: SystemError in cache.commit(): E:Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) (dup-of: 125400)" [Undecided,New] 03:41
ubotuLaunchpad bug 125400 in openoffice.org "[MASTER]  package openoffice.org-common 2.2.1-5ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1" [High,Fix released] 03:41
wwoodspitti: the crashdb implementation I was working on gives each crash a UUID.. so if you know the UUID you can view your bug03:41
wwoodserr crash03:41
broonieHobbsee: Perhaps also point out that people can subscribe to bugs to get updates.03:41
wwoodsbut only authenticated people can view/browse/search the database of crashes03:41
Hobbseebroonie: feel free.03:42
=== sbalneav [n=sbalneav@mail.legalaid.mb.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== viviersf [n=cain@gw.impilinux.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j_ack [n=j_ack@p508D84BD.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiwwoods: right, that's the idea03:46
broonieHobbsee: Where?03:47
Hobbseebroonie: on that bug03:47
=== WorkingGeier throws hardware at the problem and just mirrors everything
=== doko [i=doko@nat/canonical/x-00e4581c25f2afcb] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bryce_ is now known as bryyce
broonieHobbsee: Which one (sorry, missing context)?03:49
Hobbseebroonie: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/12552803:50
ubotuLaunchpad bug 125528 in update-manager "package update-manager failed to install/upgrade: ErrorMessage: SystemError in cache.commit(): E:Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) (dup-of: 125400)" [Undecided,New] 03:50
ubotuLaunchpad bug 125400 in openoffice.org "[MASTER]  package openoffice.org-common 2.2.1-5ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1" [High,Fix released] 03:50
=== rodarvus [n=rodarvus@ubuntu/member/rodarvus] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Spads_ [i=spacehob@nat/canonical/x-3aa29bc06f7adc88] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-eb8a3fe1cbc973af] has joined #ubuntu-devel
asacanyone can try flashplugin-nonfree on amd64? should be on your mirror ... in case not: http://launchpadlibrarian.net/8448248/flashplugin-nonfree_9.
asacmathiaz: ^^03:56
=== cypherbios [n=cypher@ubuntu/member/cypherbios] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Spads [i=spacehob@unaffiliated/spads] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== glatzor [i=renate@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mthaddon [n=mthaddon@canonical/launchpad/mthaddon] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== EtienneG [n=etienne@ubuntu/member/EtienneG] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Watersevenub [n=Watersev@azevedo.astro.up.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mvo [i=egon@nat/canonical/x-d3ee68c580725951] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mvopitti: the session problem you see with compiz, does it help if you downgrade compiz to the previous version?04:11
pittimvo: hm, I have to restart my session for that04:11
pittimvo: can do, though04:11
mvopitti: no rush, would be nice to know though04:11
pittimvo: what is the 'previous' version? there are a gazillions of them :)04:11
mvopitti: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/compiz/1:0.5.1+git20070703-0ubuntu304:12
=== realist [n=realist@unaffiliated/realist] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittimvo: I have 1:0.5.1+git20070712-0ubuntu104:13
pittimvo: let me try whether it still happens with that one04:14
sorenCould someone else please fetch that file and paste the md5sum here?04:15
Hobbseesoren: grabbing04:15
sorenasac and I get different md5sums...04:16
Hobbsee821cc72359a937caef85bb4cc74ef5cd  install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz04:16
=== pitti suspects mirror rotation
calcso how does the flash player work on 64bit some kind of shim?04:17
asacjust works :)04:17
calchmm ok04:17
calcsounds cool :)04:17
calcnow i just need to take my laptop over to mjg to get him to look at the no suspend in 64bit issue04:18
sorenI get the same as pitti and realist.04:18
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
realistI suspect geographical based cache/proxying04:18
realistsoren: mine was the same as Hobbsee's, not pitti's04:19
=== WorkingGeier [n=richter@mnch-4db01525.pool.einsundeins.de] has left #ubuntu-devel []
sorenrealist: Yes, I'm an idiot. :)04:21
=== n3t0 [n=n3t0@201-27-21-171.dsl.telesp.net.br] has joined #ubuntu-devel
realistsoren: I still knew what you meant :-)04:21
=== iwj [n=ian@xenophobe.extern.relativity.greenend.org.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@linagoraberri.pck.nerim.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gman [i=gman@nat/sun/x-4c678897d89fdcfe] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dokobdmurray: it's unlikely that #125485 is python2.5 ... reassigned to exaille04:34
=== glatzor [i=renate@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
wwoodspitti: do you have any rough numbers on how many core dumps you get and how much disk space they take?04:41
pittiwwoods: I can only guesstimate04:41
=== afflux [i=fnord@pentabarf.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiwwoods: on my last count we had a magnitude of 3000 bugs filed in about 6 months (only from development releases)04:41
pittiwwoods: and a core is between 50 kB and 10 MB04:42
pittiwwoods: so a couple of GB, I figure04:42
pittiwwoods: however, that was from the time when we did not automatically delete core  dumps04:43
wwoodshm, okay04:43
wwoods10MB? really? I had an evo core dump that I was using as a testcase that seemed much bigger than that04:43
pittiwwoods: might be; NB that I'm talking about the compressed ones04:44
pittiwwoods: uncompressed cores are huuuge (evo: some 300 MB or more)04:44
wwoodsthat's right, you upload them compressed. duh04:46
wwoodsthat's the bit I forgot04:46
=== afflux [i=fnord@pentabarf.de] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== afflux [i=fnord@pentabarf.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== stub [n=stub@ppp-] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== spacey [n=herman@ubuntu/member/spacey] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rodarvus [n=rodarvus@ubuntu/member/rodarvus] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== afflux [i=fnord@pentabarf.de] has left #ubuntu-devel []
bdmurraydoko: makes sense sorry about that04:58
=== Toadstool [n=jcorbier@cl-266.bru-01.be.sixxs.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== afflux [i=fnord@pentabarf.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
evandseb128: I updated evolution-exchange and uploaded gcalctool to revu.05:03
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128evand: cools, thanks. Looking05:06
=== slomo [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittidoko: please have a look at bug 125551 and ack it05:08
ubotuLaunchpad bug 125551 in gcc-4.2 "Support for gcc ICEs" [Wishlist,Triaged]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12555105:08
Hobbseeanyone got any idea why we'd still have ndiswrapper-utils-1.8 seeded on the live cds? that should be ndiswrapper-utils-1.9, like the alternate cds05:09
Hobbseemore to the point, anyone got any objections if i change it?05:09
MithrandirHobbsee: doit05:10
HobbseeMithrandir: great :)05:11
wwoodspitti: if the apport-reported bugs are sent anonymously, how do the reporters ever get feedback about them?05:11
pittiwwoods: they aren't05:12
pittiwwoods: they are normal bugs05:12
pittiand a bug submitter is always subscribed05:12
wwoodswhen do you get the submitter info?05:12
pittiwwoods: it's mentioned at the top of the bug page05:12
=== MagnusR [n=magru@c83-252-237-96.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
HobbseeMithrandir: do i need to update the metapackagse too, or will they be redone before we go to build cds?05:14
wwoodsI guess I'm confused about something... oh - the reporter app grabs your login cookie, and that's how it files bugs as you?05:16
pittiwwoods: no, it opens your default webbrowser and lets you type some additional info about the bug05:16
wwoodsAnd if you don't have a login cookie?05:17
pittiwwoods: in particular, it uses the normal /+filebug page, but with some magic to automatically attach the collected info to the bug05:17
pittiwwoods: it'll ask you for your lp login/password05:17
pittiwwoods: "it" -> the LP ui05:17
wwoodsso the bug is pre-filled-out but not actually *filed* by the client-side program05:17
pittiright, even05:17
=== iwj [n=ian@xenophobe.extern.relativity.greenend.org.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiwwoods: we considered that, but it's a bit tricky to do05:18
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiwwoods: it'll just happen when LP gets a crash db05:18
wwoodsso - apport-filled-in crash reports don't get filed anonymously?05:20
pittiwwoods: nope, not ATM05:20
Hobbseecjwatson: you're modifying seeds as well, then?05:24
cjwatsonHobbsee: yes, d-i version bump05:29
cjwatsonHobbsee: all done now05:29
Hobbseecjwatson: okay, but i take it you didnt merge my ndiswrapper changes in :)05:30
=== keyes [n=keyes@lns-bzn-47f-62-147-143-87.adsl.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonHobbsee: to which branch?05:30
cjwatsonI mean to which branch did you commit your changes05:30
Hobbseecjwatson: ubuntu.gutsy, then merging across05:30
cjwatsonoh, right05:30
Hobbseei was a couple of mins after you05:30
cjwatsonno, I didn't notice that, I just merged up to my change05:30
Hobbseeit's fine, i'll fix it here :)05:31
Hobbseei only noticed when i got an error about my tree out of date, and went "hang on...there's something weird going on here..." :)05:31
Hobbseecjwatson: were you going to respin the metapacakges, or assume that they'd be redone before the cds went in?05:32
cjwatsonHobbsee: do we need to still support ndiswrapper-utils-1.8 for backward compat?05:32
cjwatsonHobbsee: I only really cared about the installer seed change, which doesn't require a metapackage update05:32
Hobbseecjwatson: ah right05:33
cjwatsonI hadn't been planning to do one right now, although it's true that there are some changes (ubufox) that should be reflected in there eventually05:33
Hobbseecjwatson: um - it doesnt exist in gutsy.  i'm not sure how we handle packages that have dropped out of the archive, between releases05:33
Mithrandirwell, I want one for mobile-dev soonish anyway05:33
Mithrandirso I'll be fine to upload the metapackage itself05:33
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonHobbsee: oh, right, not supported then05:34
cjwatsonno problem05:34
Hobbseecjwatson: well, it's not suddenly dropped to universe no.05:34
cjwatsonMithrandir: remember to update build-dependencies on the metapackage sourrce05:34
Mithrandircjwatson: yup05:34
=== stdin_ [i=stdin@82-37-240-159.cable.ubr07.smal.blueyonder.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pitti [i=pitti@ubuntu/member/pitti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseehm, this is cool.  bzr doesnt trash your changes, when doing an update.05:37
Mithrandirno, should it?05:38
Mithrandirgit pull doesn't either.05:38
Mithrandirnor does svn up05:38
Hobbseei dont tend to work with revision control much, so i have no idea.05:39
Hobbseegah.  more dupes.05:39
Hobbseeincluding more saynig "this is a dupe of x, please check this bug" and they file it anyway05:39
sladenecho 0 | sudo tee -a /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online   .  Never realised that actually worked05:40
Mithrandirthe tee trick, or turning off CPUs?05:40
sladendismembering cpus.05:40
cjwatsonMithrandir: yes05:41
Hobbseeis it sad that i've now memorized the master bug number for all the open office bugs?05:44
sladenI memorised the number for bug number one05:45
Hobbseethen again, this one is only 6 digits.05:45
Hobbseethe sunday papers at work are much more fun - and get you looked at very strangely.05:45
Hobbsee"it's only 13 digits, what's the problem?"  "OK, you're insane."  "I know.  and?"05:46
=== bryce_ [i=bryce@nat/canonical/x-5425ba5b5bdd56b7] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ogra [i=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== seb128 [i=seb@nat/canonical/x-479f4f3ef29d96be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j_ack [n=j_ack@p508D84BD.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ScottKcjwatson: Do you have a moment to discuss a source backport for Dapper?  jdong said it was appropriate and I should talk to you.05:55
geserhow is the Changed-By field computed for sponsored syncs?05:57
=== slomo [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseeit's the name in debian/changelog, iirc05:58
geserfor syncs?05:58
pittigeser: you specify it on the sync-source command line05:58
pittigeser: sync-source -b <launchpad ID>05:59
seb128geser: any problem with it?05:59
geserno, I just wondered why I got a mail for a sync request I didn't even looked at05:59
seb128geser: which one?06:00
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-143-120.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
geserbug #12541606:01
ubotuLaunchpad bug 125416 in java-package "Please sync java-package 0.31" [Wishlist,Fix released]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12541606:01
persiaThat's mine06:01
seb128geser: I probably did a bunch of syncs requests filed by you and did one extra without changing the id06:01
=== shirish [n=shirish@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== oni [n=oni@p54831EA2.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseebah.  i need a faster connectoin.06:03
shirishpitti: can you please look at bug 12556306:03
ubotuLaunchpad bug 125563 in apport "apport giving wrong message" [Undecided,New]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12556306:03
Hobbseeshirish: did you file 2 or 4 bugs about the openoffice stuff?06:03
Hobbseeshirish: please learn to search for bugs before randomly filing bugs on the same thing, repeatedly.06:03
shirishHobbsee: 3-4 bugs which were given by openoffice different components06:03
shirishpifff.... again 3-4 bugs which were given by apport when openoffice failed to update/upgrade06:04
Hobbseeshirish: which are all in the same source package, and, had you looked at the bug reports, you'd note that they all failed in the same place, with openoffice-common06:04
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseewell, people are supposed to look at what they're filing, and use some thought, seeing as this is still in development06:05
shirishHobbsee: true but I was not sure whether it was the same packages06:05
shirishsame source package06:05
Hobbseeshirish: apt-cache showsrc openoffice.org | grep Binary06:05
Hobbseeit is.  had you read it, you would have seen that06:05
shirishhang on, checking06:05
Hobbseeshirish: mark https://launchpad.net/bugs/125568  as a dupe of 125400.  call it karma.06:05
ubotuLaunchpad bug 125568 in openoffice.org "Open Office update failed - Gutsy Tribe II" [Undecided,New] 06:06
=== Hobbsee is sick of marking the darned things, for people who arent checking.
=== Yagisan [n=Yagisan@doomsday/developer/Yagisan] has joined #ubuntu-devel
shirishHobbsee: can you tell me what apt-cache showsrc somepackage | grep Binary does, does it show all the packages it depends on or what?06:07
Hobbseeshirish: i'd suggest you run man <term> for each of the terms there06:07
=== tumdum [n=dtm@unaffiliated/tumdum] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== _Rocket [n=rocket@public-gprs81930.centertel.pl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
shirishoh ok06:08
=== mbiebl [n=michael@e180070172.adsl.alicedsl.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Adam [n=bugmenot@cmq134.neoplus.adsl.tpnet.pl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== _Rocket [n=rocket@public-gprs81930.centertel.pl] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Ex-Chat"]
Hobbseeshirish: not enough info on that bug, and the problem is already vaguely known about06:08
=== Yagisan looks at the time then at Hobbsee - you should be in bed
Hobbseeshirish: that's a dupe of 9650306:09
shirisherhm...... showsrc doesn't have a man page06:09
Hobbseeshirish: about firefox not opening06:09
HobbseeYagisan: it's not that late06:09
shirishHobbsee: which one are you talking about?06:09
Hobbseeshirish: it's in apt-cache06:09
=== _Rocket [n=rocket@public-gprs81930.centertel.pl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseeshirish: the bug you just asked pitti to look at - it's a dupe06:09
geserYagisan: she is training for her move to Europe :)06:09
shirishHobbsee: nope, it didn't say firefox isn't opening, it gave a wrong message, FF was already open06:10
Yagisangeser, poor girl06:10
=== persia [n=persia@ubuntu/member/persia] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== persia [n=persia@ubuntu/member/persia] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseeshirish: i beleive it's the same bug.06:10
Yagisangeser, where are you sending her ?06:10
Hobbseeshirish: it's not passing the gnome equivalent of kfmclient foo properly06:11
geserYagisan: I don't send there, she wants to come06:11
shirishHobbsee: if you are sure, although I have come across that bug, when apport says firefox is not responding06:11
Adamdo you think that making two wings of Ubuntu (open-close, and fully open) will speed up making the Windows rival? i think here about open-close version06:11
HobbseeYagisan: i have plans to move to europe at some point06:11
YagisanHobbsee, really ? I think I told you I'm off to Japan as soon as practical06:12
HobbseeYagisan: yeah :)06:12
HobbseeYagisan: do you know when that is?06:12
Hobbseeshirish: fairly sure06:12
shirishHobbsee: ok if you say so, marking it duplicate06:13
mrsno__could anyone kindly explain how backporting fixes found in gutsy will be applied to feisty please? im talking of an xorg update released for gutsy https://launchpad.net/bugs/10970306:13
ubotuLaunchpad bug 109703 in xorg "[nvidia-glx]  X module Int10 fails to initialize - Feisty" [Medium,Fix released] 06:13
YagisanHobbsee, I have 8 uni subjects left to do, and I've taken 4 of them right now, so if things go well and I get some more money - very soon06:13
HobbseeYagisan: nice!06:13
=== _Rocket [n=rocket@public-gprs81930.centertel.pl] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Ex-Chat"]
Hobbseemrsno__: it probably wont be done in an update06:13
Hobbsee!sru | mrsno__06:13
ubotumrsno__: Stable Release Update information is at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates for main and restricted, while https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/SRU is for universe and multiverse.06:13
Hobbseeunless it fits ^06:13
YagisanHobbsee, no not nice! the full time guys only have 3 subjects :'(06:13
mrsno__Hobbsee thanks :-)06:13
mrsno__i will pass that on06:14
HobbseeYagisan: heh.   there's 4 here. it seems normal06:14
=== Adam [n=bugmenot@cmq134.neoplus.adsl.tpnet.pl] has left #ubuntu-devel []
HobbseeTonio_: did you eyeball that kdesudo patch, btw?06:15
YagisanHobbsee, I took computer graphics hoping for 3d - I've got 1970's 2D, and I had to port the graphics library they insist on using to linux myself.06:15
HobbseeYagisan: heh.  fun :)06:16
Hobbseeoh well, i dont want to upload that tonight.06:16
Tonio_Hobbsee: not yet, I'm waiting for kdelibs to be published to attempt to build it06:16
Hobbseenot when i'm falling asleep.  darn work early in the morning06:17
HobbseeTonio_: i meant the patch to kdelibs, sorry06:17
YagisanHobbsee, no not fun - gcc hates it (rightly so - is really a piece of - well I was gonna say shit - but that would insult shit) - I want to gouge my eyeballs out with a fork after looking at it06:17
Hobbseeoh dear :)06:18
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseegouging people's eyes out with a fork sounds like fun, though.06:18
=== Yagisan hands Hobbsee a fork
Tonio_Hobbsee: well I need to build kdesudo to test it actually :)06:19
HobbseeTonio_: heh.06:19
HobbseeTonio_: i dont have more changes - looks like mine are in bzr.06:19
Hobbseei just checked here06:19
Tonio_Hobbsee: oki did you published it ?06:19
Hobbseeeither that, or i havent documented them - which would be rare06:19
Tonio_did you merge _Stefans_ patch ?06:19
Hobbseeas in, did i upload it to the archive?06:19
Tonio_in case no I'll do it06:19
Hobbseeno, havent yet06:19
Tonio_want me to take that in charge ?06:20
Hobbseewas about to, then realised i how tired i was :P06:20
HobbseeTonio_: yes please06:20
=== Hobbsee is alergic to mornings, and 3 hours of sleep.
Hobbseeshirish: https://launchpad.net/bugs/125575 too please06:21
ubotuLaunchpad bug 125575 in openoffice.org "package openoffice.org-java-common 2.2.1-5ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured" [Undecided,New] 06:21
=== tumdum [n=dtm@unaffiliated/tumdum] has left #ubuntu-devel []
Hobbseeshirish: watch #ubuntu-bugs for more of them06:21
Tonio_Hobbsee: oki let's build this one06:21
shirishHobbsee: get your sleep, would watch them for few hrs. btw isn't the new one out about an hr. ago ?06:21
Hobbseeshirish: it got reported 2 minutes ago to -bugs.06:22
Hobbseeshirish: so, unlikely.  just silly people are filing them, without checking first, so they all look almost exactly the same06:22
Tonio_Hobbsee: can't see your changes in kdelibs, just updated the bzr branch06:23
Tonio_Hobbsee: did you fill the changelog ?06:23
HobbseeTonio_: i didnt commit06:23
HobbseeTonio_: yeah, i did previously06:23
Tonio_Hobbsee: can you commit so that I build the package ?06:23
Hobbseei thought i had more06:23
=== TomB_ [n=tomb@host81-152-42-46.range81-152.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseemy last commit is the latest (0ubuntu7)06:24
Hobbseei think06:24
=== tkamppeter [n=till@bl10-10-18.dsl.telepac.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseewhatever it is06:24
Hobbseeit ends in ubuntu706:24
Tonio_Hobbsee: we are possibly at version ubuntu9 now :)06:24
HobbseeTonio_: this is true06:24
=== TomB_ [n=tomb@host81-152-42-46.range81-152.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
HobbseeTonio_: on second thoughts, are you around in ~12 hours?06:24
Tonio_14 hours :)06:25
shirishdarn, I want to help & my fav. fav. most watched movie coming, a hindi musical06:25
Tonio_Hobbsee: I can wait for you to commit your changes06:25
HobbseeTonio_: even better.06:25
HobbseeTonio_: my changes *should* already be committed, but i'll check then06:25
HobbseeTonio_: if you see me, and are around, please poke me on irc, and we can figure out how to do things sanely with bzr06:25
Tonio_Hobbsee: oki, I'll build the package tomorrow, there is no emergency reguarding to kdesudo on that point as I'm still waiting for mhb latest improvement06:26
HobbseeTonio_: as the current lot is...not the smartest setup in teh world.06:26
HobbseeTonio_: fair enough06:26
HobbseeTonio_: i do want to see if it builds here without binary corrupting, though06:26
shirishHobbsee: https://beta.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/2.2.1-5ubuntu306:26
Tonio_Hobbsee: why would binaries be corrupted ? because of _Stefans_ changes ?06:26
Tonio_Hobbsee: ho yeah I saw he redefined a class, can cause troubles indeed06:27
HobbseeTonio_: binary changes, when i use an ordinary dpkg-buildpackage, with a .bzr/ dir06:27
Tonio_hum okay, that's another problem :)06:27
HobbseeTonio_: which means i need to use bzr-buildpackage, yeah06:27
Tonio_Hobbsee: bzr export && pbuilder is nice too06:28
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mario_ [n=mario@155-69.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== superm1 [n=superm1@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mario_ is now known as pygi
=== TomB_ [n=tomb@host81-152-42-46.range81-152.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rodarvus [n=rodarvus@ubuntu/member/rodarvus] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pitti [i=pitti@ubuntu/member/pitti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
HobbseeTonio_: oh.  i *do* have more to commit.06:41
HobbseeTonio_: i knew there was something else06:41
Hobbseeyay, deaded brain.06:41
=== mc44_ [n=mc44@unaffiliated/mc44] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mc44_ is now known as mc44
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gman is now known as gmanAFK
=== jono [i=jono@ubuntu/member/jono] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== shirish [n=shirish@] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== aquarius [n=aquarius@82-47-92-64.cable.ubr04.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Pricey [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== svolpe [n=Gerrath_@unaffiliated/gerrath] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== aquarius [n=aquarius@82-47-92-64.cable.ubr04.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Ex-Chat"]
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== arcer [n=arcer@host92-154-static.104-80-b.business.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ryu [n=chris@unaffiliated/ryu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== macd [n=d@adsl-150-23-238.aby.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== arcer is now known as arcer_
=== arcer_ is now known as arcer
=== stdin [i=stdin@unaffiliated/binary2k2] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sivang [n=sivan@ubuntu/member/sivang] has joined #ubuntu-devel
xxxxx1someone here use dpatch-get-origtargz?07:47
sivangxxxxx1: what is that?07:47
xxxxx1dpatch-get-origtargz gets the upstream tarball07:49
xxxxx1useful for get-orig-source target07:50
xxxxx1i am trying the method to get upstream from watch file... but i think dpatch-get-origtargz have a bug dealing with .tar.bz207:52
sivangah, I see07:52
=== arcer [n=arcer@host92-154-static.104-80-b.business.telecomitalia.it] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Konversation]
=== fnordus [n=dnall@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/Amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Kmos [n=gothicx@unaffiliated/kmos] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== blueyed [n=daniel@i5387DAAF.versanet.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Amaranthbryce: if anything bug 60726 should be closed as invalid08:12
ubotuLaunchpad bug 60726 in xorg-server "GL_ARB_fragment_program support" [Medium,Incomplete]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/6072608:12
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
AmaranthThat patch tells programs fragment_program is supported but doesn't seem to actually make it work. Also, compiz doesn't require fragment_program08:13
=== hjmf_ [n=hjmf@186.Red-81-32-9.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tormod [n=tormod@80-219-112-71.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dpm [n=dpm@p54A12DC3.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Yasumoto [n=Yasumoto@cpe-75-84-49-174.socal.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Adri2000 [n=adri2000@ubuntu/member/adri2000] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== vciaglia [n=vciaglia@host150-152-dynamic.17-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C4A53D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== maniacmusician_ [n=maniacmu@24-151-1-111.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Lure [n=lure@ubuntu/member/lure] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== yosch [i=yosch@sal63-1-82-243-96-232.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== davmor2 [n=davmor2@82-45-48-19.cable.ubr04.wolv.blueyonder.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== allee [n=ach@lapex-mcallee.mpe.mpg.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cjwatson_ [n=cjwatson@82-69-40-219.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== franck78 [n=fbourdon@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== LeeJunFan [i=junfan@adsl-76-204-9-149.dsl.klmzmi.sbcglobal.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ScottLij [n=scott@24-180-196-49.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
franck78Hello *, I would like Networkmanager be updated from 0.64 to 0.65 because it solves issues 'wpa key not correctly used with wpa_supplicant';  Recompiling & installing manually is painfull ;-) Merci09:04
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cjwatson [n=cjwatson@82-69-40-219.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sits [n=sits@cpc3-cwma2-0-0-cust739.swan.cable.ntl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sitshi there09:07
sitswhat is the procedure for wiki conflicts?09:07
ScottKsits: What page?09:13
sitsScottK: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia09:13
=== ScottK looks
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-9f884a709c904180] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sitsI've toiled away on that page for months trying to carefully make it so that it lists information concerning the installation of Ubuntu provided binary drivers09:13
sitsafter someone added a huge manual install section to the middle I went away and improved09:14
sitsand made links to it more prominent and included a warning in the edit page that the manual installation was described on the NvidiaManual page09:15
sitsnow the thing is people clearly want manual instructions...09:15
sitsAm I being daft? If so I wouldn't mind if the non manual information were removed entirely as it took ages to compile09:15
sitsI don't want a war09:16
sitsif the manual stuff should be there so be it but I don't want people thinking that it is the "supported" method and all the links and background information to launchpad09:17
ScottKMaybe find the contact info of the person adding the manual info and e-mail them?09:18
sitsI've tried09:18
sitsI couldn't find an email address09:18
sitsI tried to leave an explanation in the history09:18
sitsbut clearly that person wants it there and my comment saying see NvidiaManual was ineffective09:19
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C6865D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sitsI was happy to see someone else editing the page I'm just at odds with their style I guess09:19
ScottKsits: I'm looking at it.09:22
mdkesits: we can fairly easily get hold of someone's contact details - did you try a search in launchpad using the wikiname?09:23
=== markrian [n=markrian@82-68-11-182.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sitsmdke: that's an excellent idea. Trying it now09:23
mdkefound him, no email though. We'll ask the LP team if they can give it to you09:23
=== markrian [n=markrian@82-68-11-182.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Konversation]
sitsScottK, mdke: Basically I'm wondering if I'm making a mountain out of molehill09:25
=== myriam_rs [n=myriam_r@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ScottKCool because other than finding out he's prominant in "Overclockers of Guatemala", Google wasn't much help.09:26
=== sivang [n=sivan@ubuntu/member/sivang] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== myriam_rs [n=myriam_r@] has left #ubuntu-devel ["need]
ScottKsits: Do both ways of doing it work?09:26
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mdkesits: sounds like you are totally right. And we need a procedure for resolving these things. Feel free to carry on in -doc if you like09:26
sitsScottK: sort of. It's not that simple09:27
sitsif you go the manual route you get newer drivers but every time a new kernel or mesa update comes out you have to recompile the binary drivers09:27
ScottKOK.  Well I'd follow up as mdke says in #ubuntu-doc then.  Goog luck09:27
sitsalso the binary drivers overwrite the debs files on the system09:27
sitsthis can cause huge problems later on as debs are upgraded (e.g. if you move the next +1)09:28
=== ScottK can see that.
sitsok "carrying on" ( : ) over in -doc09:28
=== ScottK uses Intel with good Free drivers. That's the real solution.
=== ompaul [n=ompaul@freenode/staff/gnewsense.ompaul] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== davmor2 [n=davmor2@82-45-48-19.cable.ubr04.wolv.blueyonder.co.uk] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== Zdra_ [n=zdra@10.162-247-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== macd_ [n=d@adsl-150-25-222.aby.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== macd [n=d@cl-116.atl-01.us.sixxs.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Zdra [n=zdra@10.162-247-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== slomo [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== EliasAmaral [n=dark@unaffiliated/EliasAmaral] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== BenC [n=bcollins@debian/developer/bcollins] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zenrox [n=zenrox@pool-71-115-210-186.spknwa.dsl-w.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== huahua_ [n=huahua@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== xhaker [n=xhaker@a81-84-27-48.cpe.netcabo.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== micahcowan [n=micahcow@ubuntu/member/micahcowan] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mbiebl [n=michael@e180070147.adsl.alicedsl.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== vciaglia [n=vciaglia@host112-36-dynamic.10-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== munckfish [n=munckfis@82-41-13-152.cable.ubr02.edin.blueyonder.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Spads [n=spacehob@unaffiliated/spads] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== duese [n=Ident@p5484FCFC.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pbn [i=pbn@2002:d447:1366:0:0:0:0:22] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j_ack [n=j_ack@p508D84BD.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== psusi [i=hidden-u@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== glatzor [n=renate@p57AEFD70.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@38-27.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== afflux [i=fnord@pentabarf.de] has left #ubuntu-devel []
tormodScottK: bug #43322: are you sure it can not go into backports? that sounds a little bureaucratic...11:33
ubotuLaunchpad bug 43322 in eog "EOG crashes when stopping slideshow" [Medium,Fix released]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/4332211:33
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ScottK looks
ScottKNot for bug fixing.  The Ubuntu Tech Board gave very strict guidelines about backports when it was created.  It's really MUCH better to find the patch for that bug and do an SRU.11:36
ScottKBackports are not enabled by default, but updates are, so everyone will get the fix that way.11:36
tormodScottK: upstream says: there a deep design problem which blocks us from fixing it.11:42
=== lmveloso [n=lmveloso@200-193-152-9.mganm702.dsl.brasiltelecom.net.br] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tormodScottK: http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=320206#c8511:43
ubotuGnome bug 320206 in collection "Crash when canceling slide show" [Critical,Resolved: fixed] 11:43
=== theCore [n=alex@ubuntu/member/theCore] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== vignatti [n=vignatti@guinness.c3sl.ufpr.br] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ScottKWell then maybe a rewritten backports request that asked for all the new shiny features (and oh by the way won't crash) would work.11:44
vignattihi, is there some Xorg maintainer here?11:44
vignattiwell, I would like to know some status of the xkeyboard-config (or xkb-data)11:45
ScottKtormod: That bug has a pretty small patch attched to it.  Are you sure it can't be backfitted into the existing verions?11:45
ScottKvignatti: All the likely suspects are at a development sprint this week in London and so they aren't online much and it's late where they are.11:46
ScottKGotta run.11:47
vignattiScottK: okay dude, thanks for the tip11:47
tormodScottK: the patch in comment 21? reported to not fix by comment 22.11:47
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tormodScottK: that patch actually went upstream in comment 25 as a partial fix.11:50
=== Arrogance [n=aks@ottawa-hs-64-26-148-25.d-ip.magma.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dark_light [n=dark@unaffiliated/EliasAmaral] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== yurimxpxman [n=yurimxpx@pool-71-98-96-205.ipslin.dsl-w.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== illovae_ [n=illovae@unaffiliated/illovae] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== yurimxpxman [n=yurimxpx@pool-71-98-96-205.ipslin.dsl-w.verizon.net] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Konversation]
=== nnonix [n=brad@bkjohnson.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!