elektranoxhas the copyright file to include the realname or is a pseudonym ok, too?12:15
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Jazzvaelektranox: I think I read somewhere that it has to be realname, but I'm not sure...12:20
elektranoxand what is if the author doesn't want to say it -_-12:20
=== Kmos [n=gothicx@unaffiliated/kmos] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== vbabiy [n=vbabiy@pool-71-164-85-238.albyny.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Jazzvaelektranox: Dunno :/...12:23
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== blueCommand [n=blueComm@unaffiliated/bluecommand] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== thoreauputic [i=peter@ubuntu/member/thoreauputic] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== thoreauputic [i=peter@ubuntu/member/thoreauputic] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/Amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== apachelogger [n=me@N867P014.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-motu
DktrKranzcould you please have a look at http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=6116 ? thank you.12:41
=== elektranox_ [n=elektran@p5481E14C.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
blueCommandDktrKranz, I think it's against policy to distribute .jar files containing pre-compiled executables, but don't take my word for it.12:49
blueCommandI'm thinking about hstart.exe12:49
DktrKranzI'm not sure, since some extensions already into archives contains such files12:51
DktrKranzfirefox-webdeveloper is one of them12:51
DktrKranzanyway, thanks for the hint, I'll look at it12:51
Amaranthif you can compile it cool, otherwise i guess that's multiverse stuff12:52
apacheloggerScottK: ping12:54
blueCommandnon-ScottK pong12:54
=== blueCommand realises that apachelogger was probably trying to reach ScottK and not test his connection.
apacheloggerblueCommand: indeed, that was the plan ^_^12:55
blueCommandBut now you know that your connection works!12:56
apacheloggerblueCommand: yeah, thanks for that :D12:57
=== rootvzla [i=rootvzla@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cypherbios [n=cypher@ubuntu/member/cypherbios] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== coNP [n=conp@unaffiliated/conp] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== coNP [n=conp@unaffiliated/conp] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== leonel [n=leonel@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bigon [i=bigon@imladris.bigon.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Vorian [n=Steve@ubuntu/member/Vorian] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== thoreauputic_ [i=peter@ubuntu/member/thoreauputic] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jsgotangco [n=jsgotang@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== thoreauputic_ [i=peter@ubuntu/member/thoreauputic] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== javier_galicia [n=Javier@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== reggaemanu [n=manu@ARennes-257-1-26-195.w81-53.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jml [n=jml@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== nairoV [n=Steve@cpe-76-181-146-41.columbus.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== rootvzla [i=rootvzla@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zul [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
rootvzlahi elkbuntu 02:13
=== Arrogance [n=aks@ottawa-hs-206-191-39-54.d-ip.magma.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== mwolson [i=mwolson@jpi-wlafyte-212-116.dmisinetworks.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/Amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Vorian [n=Steve@ubuntu/member/Vorian] has joined #ubuntu-motu
rootvzlahi leonel 02:42
rootvzlacomo anda todo leonel ?02:45
ajmitchsigh, more tzdata updates to do02:45
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zul [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== minghua [n=minghua@ubuntu/member/minghua] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jsgotangco [n=jsgotang@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/Amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Mez [n=Mez@ubuntu/member/mez] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Ademan [n=dan@h-68-167-206-223.snfccasy.dynamic.covad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Ademananyone know if ant-contrib is the ant-optional package?03:28
=== fbond_ [n=fab@pool-71-169-146-251.burl.east.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== thunderbolt [n=ryan@c-75-70-244-190.hsd1.co.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jml [n=jml@ppp245-86.static.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ryanakcahmm. Any sbuilders have any idea what I can do to fix http://pastebin.ca/626606?03:51
=== superm1 [n=superm1@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== thinkmassive [n=Alex@pool-70-110-5-222.roa.east.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
JazzvaAny reviewer who could take a quick look at http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=6117 ? :)04:06
=== zul_ [n=chuck@CPE0006258ec6c1-CM000a73655d0e.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== radhios [n=radhios@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xtknightwhat is meant by "Expert" here?  https://isotesting.stgraber.org/isotesting/test/51204:40
Amaranthexpert install04:41
xtknighti dont see the option for that in the cd boot04:41
xtknightdo you pass "expert" on the kernel command line?04:43
xtknight(aware that tribe 3 is already out but just for future reference)04:43
minghuaxtknight: It's probably only in alternative CD.04:43
xtknightminghua, yea that's what im using but i dont see the option there04:43
xtknightminghua, text mode install maybe?04:44
xtknighti mean command line system install*04:44
xtknightoh i see it04:44
xtknightyou press F604:44
Amaranthxtknight: you pass 'expert' as a boot option04:44
xtknightthat's weird i've never used that before and never knew it even exited04:44
minghuaWell, I know Debian's installer has expert and expertgui.  Not sure about Ubuntu.04:45
Flannelxtknight: it was advertised up until edgy, as an F command04:51
xtknighti notice a lot of requests for syncs from debian.  can anyone do that or only those who are privileged?04:52
xtknight(in launchpad, that is)04:53
StevenKOnly ubuntu-archive can.04:58
minghua(and before ubuntu-archive people act on them, there is an ACK from a ubuntu-core-dev or ubuntu-dev needed, for main and universe packages, respectively.)05:04
=== micahcowan [n=micah@ubuntu/member/micahcowan] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== luis_lopez [n=luis@ip216-239-86-64.vif.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Magnus1 [n=magru@c83-252-237-96.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== [GruncH] [n=gruncho@190-76-27-82.dyn.movilnet.com.ve] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== effie_jayx [n=valles@ubuntu/member/effie-jayx] has joined #ubuntu-motu
rootvzlaepale effie_jayx 05:37
rootvzlahola grunch05:37
[GruncH] hi rootvzla :)05:38
=== shin [n=sunny@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
shinHi. 05:40
shinAnybody in here?05:40
crimsundo you have a legitimate question?05:41
shinNo. Sorry. Just I wish to check that my IRC works or not. 05:41
shinThis is the first time to use this app. Sorry for disturbing you. 05:42
=== mwolson [i=mwolson@jpi-wlafyte-212-116.dmisinetworks.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== superm1_ [n=superm1@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== thoreauputic [i=peter@ubuntu/member/thoreauputic] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== theCore [n=alex@ubuntu/member/theCore] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== man-di [n=mkoch@dyndsl-080-228-195-140.ewe-ip-backbone.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== micah_c [n=micah@ubuntu/member/micahcowan] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsunTheMuso_: do you rely on gdm's audio notification being audible before attempting to log in?06:05
TheMuso_crimsun: Not at all.06:06
TheMuso_crimsun: I can see the login appear.06:06
=== levander [i=cponder@user-1121m8s.dsl.mindspring.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
crimsunTheMuso_: ok, thanks.  I'm considering the a11y issue that mjg59 raised regarding the audio notification being muted and thus, inaudible.06:06
levanderWhy is svk in Gutsy at revision 1.08, even though in Debian unstable it's at 2.01?06:07
TheMuso_crimsun: Just because I don't, doesn't mean others don't either. I am sure many a blind Ubuntu user finds it useful.06:07
crimsunTheMuso_: right, I need to ask on an a11y mailing list.06:07
=== crimsun hasn't received much feedback
TheMusocrimsun: I can answer it for you already. I am sure people will object to it going away.06:08
TheMusoI don't care, but if I know the community as well as I do, they will raise their objections very strongly.06:08
TheMusoSeeing Ubuntu drop speakup is one good example of this.06:09
ajmitchlevander: someone has to go to the effort of remerging it06:09
TheMusoThere was an absolute uproar.06:09
crimsunTheMuso: yes, I'm more interested in finding a workaround at this point.  It doesn't look like my original approach is workable WRT a11y.06:09
TheMusocrimsun: Right.06:09
TheMusocrimsun: Sorry, but I thought I'd save you the bother of asking a community that I already know the answer for.06:10
TheMusoPeople don't even think we are doing enough for the live CD as it is.06:10
=== vbabiy [n=vbabiy@pool-71-164-85-238.albyny.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== RAOF [n=chris@123-243-65-41.tpgi.com.au] has joined #ubuntu-motu
TheMusoHey RAOF.06:12
Amaranthcrimsun: i'm not blind and i find that very useful06:12
crimsunAmaranth: right, I know there are people who want both sides ("too loud during meeting" vs. "require a11y hint")06:13
Amaranthwait, having the sound muted on boot wasn't accidental?06:14
crimsunit's not muted on boot currently (nor has it been in any Ubuntu release)06:14
crimsungranted, the current method is _extremely_ hackish, because not all drivers use Master/PCM/Wave*06:15
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-7-218.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== nixternal [n=nixterna@ubuntu/member/pdpc.active.nixternal] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== micah_c [n=micah@ubuntu/member/micahcowan] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== sethbc [n=sethbc@cpe-66-108-162-181.nyc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
evandDoes one have to bump the ubuntu revision when correcting a FTBFS?06:29
=== Vorian [n=Steve@ubuntu/member/Vorian] has joined #ubuntu-motu
levanderajmitch: Does that svk package have to be merged before the DebianImportFreeze?  What's the deadline for getting svk merged so it gets in the Gutsy release?06:35
levanderI wonder if there was some problem merging svk because it was not auto-imported from Debian unstable?06:36
Ademanhas ant-contrib been packaged?06:39
=== minghua [n=minghua@ubuntu/member/minghua] has joined #ubuntu-motu
RAOFTheMuso: Hey07:11
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Nightrose [n=lydia@port-87-234-150-228.dynamic.qsc.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== [GruncH] [n=gruncho@190-76-68-210.dyn.movilnet.com.ve] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== viviersf [n=cain@gw.impilinux.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Ng [n=cmsj@mairukipa.tenshu.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== slomo [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Nicke [n=niclasa@ua-83-227-140-135.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cynics [n=cynics@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cynics [n=cynics@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cynics [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== SlimG [n=slimg@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== \sh_away [n=nnsherma@server3.servereyes.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== geser [i=mb@ubuntu/member/geser] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== StevenK [n=stevenk@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== macd [n=d@cl-116.atl-01.us.sixxs.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zenrox [i=zenrox@pool-71-115-210-186.spknwa.dsl-w.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zakame [n=zakame@ubuntu/member/zakame] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== azeem [n=mbanck@ppp-88-217-47-129.dynamic.mnet-online.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== siretart [i=siretart@ubuntu/member/siretart] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== SlimG [n=slimg@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== \sh_away [n=nnsherma@server3.servereyes.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== geser [i=mb@ubuntu/member/geser] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== StevenK [n=stevenk@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== macd [n=d@cl-116.atl-01.us.sixxs.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zenrox [i=zenrox@pool-71-115-210-186.spknwa.dsl-w.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zakame [n=zakame@ubuntu/member/zakame] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== azeem [n=mbanck@ppp-88-217-47-129.dynamic.mnet-online.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== siretart [i=siretart@ubuntu/member/siretart] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Fujitsu [n=fujitsu@ubuntu/member/fujitsu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-170-39-244.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-a1796389214e95db] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== SlimG [n=slimg@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== \sh [n=nnsherma@server3.servereyes.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== geser [i=mb@ubuntu/member/geser] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== StevenK [n=stevenk@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== macd [n=d@cl-116.atl-01.us.sixxs.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zenrox [i=zenrox@pool-71-115-210-186.spknwa.dsl-w.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zakame [n=zakame@ubuntu/member/zakame] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== azeem [n=mbanck@ppp-88-217-47-129.dynamic.mnet-online.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== siretart [i=siretart@ubuntu/member/siretart] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Ademanhas ant-contrib been packaged? (http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/)08:47
xtknightdoesn't appear to be, according to "apt-cache search" with all official repos enabled on Ubuntu Feisty08:50
minghuaWell, you may want to search in gutsy.  And REVU as well.08:51
xtknightnot seeing it in Gutsy08:52
xtknightnot sure about REVU08:52
=== harrisony [i=harrison@gateway/gpg-tor/key-0x0C163084] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bigon [i=bigon@imladris.bigon.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== allee [n=ach@dialin-212-144-130-148.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== highvoltage [n=highvolt@vc-196-207-41-253.3g.vodacom.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== coNP [n=conp@unaffiliated/conp] has joined #ubuntu-motu
joejaxxi should start a Community of non sleepers in Antarctica09:15
=== RedKrieg [n=RedKrieg@ip68-230-209-186.rd.hr.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
joejaxxbecause everywhere i go people sleep and no one is awake09:16
Burgundaviajoejaxx: if you can feed me, pay me and give me a good access, I woudl join you09:16
joejaxxBurgundavia: lol09:16
joejaxxi need to catch up on three weeks worth of emails :(09:17
harrisonyquick question im reading through the packaging guide and have pbuilder and CDBS sounds easy but i still dont get it :P09:17
joejaxxi would help but i do not use cdbs :(09:18
=== minghua finds the requirement of "feed me and pay me" very strange, then thinks about Antarctica, and appreciates Burgundavia's thoroughness.
harrisonyjoejaxx, how do you do them09:18
Burgundaviaminghua: given the cost of shipping anything down there...09:19
joejaxxharrisony: the good old fashion way09:19
joejaxxBurgundavia: Icee's for everyone lol09:19
harrisonyjoejaxx, which is09:19
joejaxxthey do not show you the non-CDBS way on the packaging guide?09:19
minghuaThey do.  I think they even show the non-debhelper way.09:20
joejaxxharrisony: ^09:20
joejaxxminghua: oh09:20
joejaxxharrisony: why not do the non-CDBS way if it is in the guide? :P09:20
harrisonyjoejaxx, i was told cddb was dead easy 09:21
joejaxxi do not know09:21
joejaxxfor me it is just easier to build a rules file lol09:21
joejaxxi guess YMMV09:21
=== dholbach [n=daniel@pD9E25BCB.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
dholbachgood morning09:24
=== vil [n=lada@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== minghua [n=minghua@ubuntu/member/minghua] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== BugMaN [n=BugMaN@nat.cabi.uniroma1.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@83-131-90-181.adsl.net.t-com.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== guardian [n=Guardian@mar44-1-87-90-32-28.dsl.club-internet.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Ademanxtknight: heh, sorry i was afk, when people say Ademan though it usually makes me come running09:38
xtknightlol ill keep that in mind09:38
Ademanxtknight: i was wondering about the ant-optional package, i don't know what it might contain if not ant-contrib09:38
xtknightya it has ant-optional09:38
xtknightlet me check09:38
xtknightdpkg -L ant-optional | grep -i contrib09:39
xtknightnothing there09:39
xtknightnothing here either 09:39
=== apachelogger [n=me@N717P015.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== harrisony builds 1st ubuntu package
harrisonyyay it failed!, stupid gpg key09:43
xtknightsounds like my 10th ubuntu package also lol09:46
=== ivoks_ [n=ivoks@83-131-19-107.adsl.net.t-com.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== spacey [n=herman@ubuntu/member/spacey] has joined #ubuntu-motu
harrisonyquestion , when i do dh_make there are all these ex files in /debian/ do i need them?09:51
=== CrummyGummy [n=CrummyGu@dsl-240-39-188.telkomadsl.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== infinito [n=infinito@75.Red-80-59-227.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-187-102.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== infinito [n=infinito@75.Red-80-59-227.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
man-dihello all10:18
dholbachhey man-di10:21
=== yamal [n=yamal@Room641A.no-such-agency.net.ru] has joined #ubuntu-motu
man-diStevenK: about sear: I still wait for upstream, but I started to look into solving the guichan issue myself too10:27
man-diStevenK: what next sear will need is guichan in gutsy10:28
man-diStevenK: I saw it was removed10:28
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C4A53D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
man-diis the person here who uploaded jedit to REVU?10:44
dholbachman-di: it seems to be https://launchpad.net/~zic10:51
dholbachI search on http://launchpad.net/people - but it seems he's not on IRC atm10:52
man-diafter shortly looking into it I think about writing a book for the comments on the package...10:52
man-didholbach: thanks10:52
dholbachman-di: a book?10:53
man-didholbach: as in "some place with much space for text"10:54
dholbachthat much wrong? :-/10:54
dholbachjava packaging seems to be tricky to get it right10:55
man-diit is a bit tricky10:55
man-diand the java policy is a bit outdated10:56
man-diso people get confused an what to do10:56
man-diand noone took the time yet to update it or write some documentation for best practices10:56
dholbachI think it might make sense to just collect the comments you make on some wiki page and go from there10:57
=== cassidy_ [n=cassidy@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
man-didholbach: there are lots of bug reports in the Debian BTS about missing/wrong stuff11:00
dholbachmaybe it'd make sense to call for all interested contributors and walk that team through bug reports, reviewed packages, etc to aggregate information and udpate documentation where needed11:00
man-didholbach: the plan was to sit together with some people (also from other distros) and find a common base and implement that. This way Linux in general gets a consistent platform for Java devs and users11:01
dholbachthat'd be great11:01
man-dithat meeting is currently being organized11:01
man-dialso with people from SUN involved11:01
man-diand as SUN people are especially interested in Debian/Ubuntu they want to help with the policy too11:02
man-dibut this takes time11:02
dholbachright, but also, it might help to write something like a documentation roadmap specification, where you list examples, bugs reports, etc that you know about and that contain valuable information - so contributors can help with fixing docs or at least make sure you have all the bits in the right place11:03
dholbachI don't know how well that works out, but it might be a good start11:03
man-dithat is one reason why noone updated existing stuff, as it will change again anyway11:03
dholbachhrm, ok11:04
man-didholbach: now I only need to find someone who likes to write such a documentation. I'm not a good writer but I can give the ideas11:04
dholbachas soon as you have the necessary bits and pieces in place, and general outline of what's needed, I think that a call for contributors on some mailing lists would help11:05
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-187-102.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Q-FUNKwould anybody be available to sponsor and review?11:09
dholbachQ-FUNK: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/SponsorshipProcess - the queue gets reviewed very quickly nowadays11:10
Q-FUNKok, it seems I fist need to be added to the keyring11:11
man-didholbach: I should perhaps try to get some of people of MOTU Java Growers active11:12
Q-FUNKah. wait, already uploaded, so it should be recognized.11:12
jussi01Q-FUNK: ajmitch should be up, he can help with that11:12
dholbachQ-FUNK: keyring? you just need to file a bug with a debdiff or a package and subscribe ubuntu-{universe,main}-sponsors11:12
dholbachman-di: that'd be great11:13
=== superm1 [n=superm1@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Q-FUNKdholbach: new package11:15
dholbachQ-FUNK: is it in debian already?11:15
coNPwhat do you think about hacking REVU's lintian?11:15
Q-FUNKdholbach: it isn't11:16
dholbachQ-FUNK: ok11:16
coNPit does not know about our distributions on the one hand and warns about NMUs (that is normal in Ubuntu AFAIK)11:16
dholbachQ-FUNK: it's ok if you link to that package in a bug that's tagged as 'needs-packaging11:16
dholbachthe bug lists marked on http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/CodeReviews are triaged regularly11:16
Q-FUNKit's already packaged11:17
dholbachQ-FUNK: I understand - but bugs that are tagged as 'needs-packaging' and are marked as 'fix committed' will get reviewed11:17
dholbachQ-FUNK: but you can upload to REVU too11:17
dholbachwe're gradually changing the process at the moment11:17
Q-FUNKah, ok11:17
dholbachsorry for the inconvenience of having to pick one11:17
ograQ-FUNK, whats that ? i'D rather see us fixing the mknbi package11:18
Q-FUNKogra: see my mail.  mkbi cannot be fixed, because it uses bios calls, which linuxbios doesn't support.11:19
Q-FUNK->ltsp :)11:20
ograwell that tool needs to be good enough to go to main ...11:20
ograit wont help anything in universe for the thin clients 11:20
ogra(ltsp-build-client doesnt use any universe stuff)11:20
Q-FUNKyes, it would11:21
Q-FUNKand that's a new procedure for me11:21
Q-FUNKditto for -amd, mind you11:21
=== Sindwiller [n=sindwill@84-75-101-114.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-MOTU
=== apachelogger [n=me@N717P015.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== elmargol [n=elmargol@host52-60.pool8248.interbusiness.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lukketto [n=lukketto@host3-193-dynamic.7-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== superm1 [n=superm1@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@linagoraberri.pck.nerim.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== blueCommand [n=blueComm@unaffiliated/bluecommand] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== RainCT [n=RainCT@unaffiliated/rainct] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cassidy_ [n=cassidy@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Ademanit's not preffered to specify the entire dependency tree is it (for build-deps)12:38
Q-FUNKthere, uploaded to revu12:52
geserAdeman: it's sufficient to specify the direct build-depends12:53
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== apachelogger [n=me@N717P015.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== TeTeT [n=spindler@modemcable178.77-70-69.static.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-187-102.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tuxmaniac [n=tuxmania@unaffiliated/tuxmaniac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dharrigan [n=david@host12.williamhill.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== DktrKranz [n=Luca@ubuntu/member/dktrkranz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jekil [n=alessand@host228-234-dynamic.14-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== matysecek [n=matysek@26.Red-88-25-166.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== matysek [n=matysek@26.Red-88-25-166.staticIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
geserQ-FUNK: what's in linux-i386/convert.bin.c?01:32
geserit looks like a binary blob01:32
=== Nicke [n=niclasa@ua-83-227-140-135.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== IanC26 [n=IanC26@2002:908b:a55c:4:216:6fff:fe39:ff6e] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== EtienneG [n=etienne@ubuntu/member/EtienneG] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-a487818d73f96ac3] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== lbm [n=lbm@0x555373ab.adsl.cybercity.dk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
DktrKranzcould you please have a look at http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=6116 ? there's a .jar file too, I'm not sure this is redistributable or not01:38
=== Vorian [n=Steve@ubuntu/member/Vorian] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKDktrKranz: I don't have time just now, but I'd suggest you put your question about the .jar file in a comment on REVU, so all reviewers will be aware of it.01:41
DktrKranzI'll do, thanks01:42
geserDktrKranz: I doubt that the jar file is the preferred format for modifications01:42
=== coNP [n=conp@unaffiliated/conp] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Q-FUNKgeser: I'm guessing that's the ELF header.01:43
DktrKranzI fear so, but I looked at some other extension and they shipped such file too01:43
=== coNP [n=conp@unaffiliated/conp] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Q-FUNKgeser: they released everything under the GPL and have no mention of binary blob, so I'd asusme it's kosher.01:44
DktrKranzI'm not sure if they package it at runtime, though01:44
Q-FUNKgenerally, upstream has poor changelogs and bad makefiles, which was a pain to work around01:47
geserQ-FUNK: there exist kernel drivers under GPL which contain(ed) binary blobs in .h files, so I wouldn't take it for granted that everything is ok01:47
Q-FUNKthey also forgot to clean their tree before releasing01:47
=== Kmos [n=gothicx@unaffiliated/kmos] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Q-FUNKI really wonder why they use such a complex makefile with makefile.conf and a separate cofig dir, for such a small package.01:49
=== DarkSun88 [n=Ma@ubuntu/member/darksun88] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Q-FUNKgeser: fair enough.  if everyone thinks that this should go to restericted, I'll change it01:53
geserQ-FUNK: ask an archive admin about his opinion in this files01:55
=== lmr__ [n=lmr@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jrib [n=jrib@upstream/dev/jrib] has joined #ubuntu-motu
geserQ-FUNK: reading the Makefile it looks like it's generated file01:57
geserQ-FUNK: so it should be ok, but it would be better if the files a regnerated during build02:01
=== matysecek [n=matysek@36.Red-88-14-191.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Q-FUNKgeser: indeed so, but upsteam's build system sucks completely, not juston this particular point02:02
=== xxxxx1 [n=xxxxx1@44125.static.fln.virtua.com.br] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xxxxx1hello all02:05
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-170-39-244.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== pgquiles [n=pgquiles@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jsgotangco [n=jsgotang@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== bueroman [n=setanta@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xxxxx1hello Hobbsee 02:16
Hobbseeheya xxxxx1 02:17
=== blueCommand [n=blueComm@unaffiliated/bluecommand] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Starting logfile irclogs/ubuntu-motu.log
=== ubuntulog [i=ubuntulo@ubuntu/bot/ubuntulog] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Topic for #ubuntu-motu: Ubuntu Masters of the Universe: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU | Want to get involved with the MOTUs? https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Contributing | http://ubuntu.joejaxx.org/ - TOP 10 Uploaders/Packages
=== Topic (#ubuntu-motu): set by persia at Tue Jul 17 12:59:31 2007
CrummyGummyHi all, I've got a configure script that needs an argument. Where in the rules file do I put this? I'm using cdbs.02:29
geserCrummyGummy: https://perso.duckcorp.org/duck/cdbs-doc/cdbs-doc.xhtml#id252841402:32
Kmoscan someone add package wine-doors to ubuntu ?02:35
Kmos0.1 *final* is out02:35
CrummyGummygeser, Thanks02:36
HobbseeKmos: when you package it, sure.02:37
Kmosgeser: can you archive this one? http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=572302:39
HobbseeKmos: archived02:41
Kmosnot on debian yet02:42
=== radhios [n=radhios@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== LucidFox [n=LucidFox@wikia/Sikon] has joined #ubuntu-motu
geserKmos: you need the source package, the deb alone doesn't help02:46
LucidFox"Launchpad is offline"?02:46
Kmosgeser: yeah, i know02:46
Kmosjust to show there is already a deb02:46
geserLucidFox: try reloading02:46
siretartemacs22 now in gutsy! yay! :)02:48
=== coNP hugs siretart
siretartbtw, since we have a working emacs lp group (https://bugs.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-elisp/), do we have a similar group for vim?02:49
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pricechild] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fernando [n=fernando@unaffiliated/musb] has joined #ubuntu-motu
fernandomoin all02:53
=== vbabiy [n=vbabiy@pool-71-164-85-238.albyny.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Sindwiller [n=sindwill@84-75-101-114.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-MOTU
=== fraco [n=fraco@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== frafu [n=frafu@vodsl-8097.vo.lu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cassidy_ [n=cassidy@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== nairoV [n=Steve@ubuntu/member/Vorian] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== fraco [n=fraco@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== harrisony [i=harrison@gateway/gpg-tor/key-0x0C163084] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Sindwiller [n=sindwill@84-75-101-114.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-MOTU
xxxxx1hello fernando 03:25
fernandohi xxxxx1 03:26
xxxxx1fernando, libgnomedb3 is in archive ;)03:26
fernandoxxxxx1, great work! congrats03:26
fernandobuilding mergeant now03:26
=== jburd [n=jburd@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== DarkSun88 [n=Ma@ubuntu/member/darksun88] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== dholbach [n=daniel@pD9E25BCB.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xxxxx1hello dholbach 03:52
dholbachhi xxxxx103:52
=== tuxmaniac [n=tuxmania@unaffiliated/tuxmaniac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== matysek [n=matysek@197.Red-83-33-186.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
zulhi dholbach 04:07
dholbachhey zul04:07
zulhow is it going?04:07
dholbachgood good - how are you?04:07
tuxmaniacdholbach, hello04:07
zulgood no complaints so far04:07
dholbachhey tuxmaniac04:07
tuxmaniacdholbach, thanks for the ACks for the Science packages :-)04:08
dholbachno problem :)04:08
=== BugMaN [n=BugMaN@nat.cabi.uniroma1.it] has left #ubuntu-motu []
=== dholbach [n=daniel@pD9E25BCB.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseeoh noes, it's dholbach!04:11
Lutinanyone having issues with sound card not being detected in gutsy, but ok in feisty ?04:12
=== freeflying_ [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== TheMuso [n=luke@ubuntu/member/themuso] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Q-FUNKgeser: can you add your earlier comments to the package's revu to help the whole motu crew reach a decision?04:22
StevenKHa. TheMuso tells lies.04:22
TheMusoStevenK: ?04:23
HobbseeStevenK: indeed he does.  STONE HIM!!!04:23
=== TheMuso runs.
StevenKTheMuso: "I won't be back on tonight." Technically, you're right, but you are...04:23
Q-FUNKHobbsee: you're welcome to review it too: http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=612004:24
TheMusoStevenK: I said I'd make an exception.04:24
TheMusoFor you folks.04:24
StevenKAh ha04:24
TheMusoAs it is, I'm not on for long.04:25
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-187-102.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== coNP [n=conp@unaffiliated/conp] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Nicke [n=niclasa@ua-83-227-140-135.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@linagoraberri.pck.nerim.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Sindwiller [n=sindwill@84-75-101-114.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-MOTU
=== nairoV [n=Steve@ubuntu/member/Vorian] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== freeflying_ [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== blueCmd [n=eternity@unaffiliated/bluecommand] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== zul_ [n=chuck@mail.edgewater.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== guardian_ [n=Guardian@mar44-1-87-90-32-28.dsl.club-internet.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
blueCmdAre there any statistics of how much space main + restricted + universe + multiverse take up?05:03
blueCmdMonthly or so05:03
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-motu
\shblueCmd: space?05:07
\shblueCmd: diskspace?05:07
blueCmdI'm asking because I'm wondering how many DVDs it would take to fit it all in one install serie05:08
\shfeisty: 25G     total (386+amd64+all).debs05:08
\sh(dapper+edgy+feisty)*(i386+amd64+all).debs == 70G05:09
\shnot much diskspace...05:10
=== harrisony [i=harrison@gateway/gpg-tor/key-0x0C163084] has joined #ubuntu-motu
blueCmd\sh, thanks!05:12
=== cbx33 [n=pete@ubuntu/member/cbx33] has joined #ubuntu-motu
cbx33hey guys05:13
cbx33looking at the hello source05:13
cbx33and the dpkg source05:13
cbx33i'm a little confued05:14
cbx33in the rules file05:14
cbx33i can see the make being run05:14
cbx33but where is the make install?05:14
coNPcbx33: there is no make install05:15
cbx33i see05:15
cbx33nevermind then05:15
cbx33that's what confused me05:15
xtknight        $(MAKE) INSTALL_PROGRAM="$(INSTALL_PROGRAM)" \05:15
xtknight                prefix=$$(pwd)/debian/tmp/usr install05:15
xtknightwhat's that?05:15
coNPcbx33: in fact "binary-arch"  is that05:15
cbx33though so05:16
xtknight(from "hello") it kinda looks like make install05:16
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@37-130.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
cbx33what is $(MAKE)05:16
ivoksshell variable05:16
cbx33tought so05:16
blueCmdWho is postmaster for ubuntu-motu@ists.ubuntu.com ?05:20
=== Havis [n=Havis@adsl-dyn196.91-127-76.t-com.sk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
\shblueCmd: mailman@lists.ubuntu.com05:22
blueCmdSince I have a "Waiting for moderator approval" mesasge queued05:23
blueCmdAnd wanted to poke that person05:23
\shblueCmd: just wait05:23
coNPblueCmd: have a look at the web interface05:23
\shblueCmd: most probably that the list maintainer itself didn't approve it for now...it will be approved in time05:24
blueCmdGood :)05:24
=== theCore [n=alex@ubuntu/member/theCore] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== leonel [n=leonel@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jussi01 [n=jussi@dyn3-82-128-187-102.psoas.suomi.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
leonelGood day everyone !05:33
=== asw [n=asw@karuna.med.harvard.edu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== blueCmd is now known as blueCommand
=== theCore_ [n=alex@ubuntu/member/theCore] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
cbx33hey peeps - take this scenario05:52
cbx33I have a source, with a Makefile05:52
cbx33how would I go about splitting it up into 3 binary packages05:52
cbx33would I just use the make for making, and then install files seperately with dh_install?05:53
gesercreate three package stanzas in debian/control05:53
cbx33yeh I know that bit05:53
cbx33it's the how to pull out seperate sections05:53
geserand create <pkg>.install> files05:53
cbx33that's the real way to do it?05:53
geserthe debs will get build from debian/<pkg>05:54
geserso you need to split the files to the right pkg05:54
cbx33cooool - /me is so proud of himself.  w000h00005:54
cbx33i knew that05:54
cbx33just checking05:54
geserand the easiest way would be through <pkg>.install files05:54
cbx33so even if the source had a make install05:54
cbx33I wouldn't use it05:54
geserlet "make install" install it to debian/tmp/ and move the files from there to the right package05:55
cbx33geser, mind if i ask a few more questions?05:56
cbx33so would i make install with a prefix?05:57
gesercbx33: see the dh_install manpage, section EXAMPLES. there is a small example how to split the files into two packages05:57
cbx33ahhh ok05:57
geseryou can also look how other packages do it05:58
cbx33i think i get it05:59
=== micahcowan [n=micahcow@ubuntu/member/micahcowan] has joined #ubuntu-motu
cbx33know of any small ones that do that kinda thing?06:01
cbx33that i can use as an example?06:01
gesersorry, not of top of my head06:02
cbx33ok np06:02
geserlibrary should be good examples, as they split the library and the headers06:03
AndyPdoes MoM have a problem with .po files or something? i've seen a few instances where .po files have been said to conflict and get split into .DEBIAN and .UBUNTU but they don't differ at all06:07
cbx33geser, so....when i run the make install06:09
cbx33should i prefix it?06:09
cbx33to install to tmp06:09
cbx33then the install files install debian/tmp/usr/something to somewhere else?06:10
cbx33is that right?06:10
=== freeflying__ [n=freeflyi@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== crevette [n=crevette@man06-2-88-167-44-76.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== radhios [n=radhios@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== twanj [n=chatzill@c-75-74-146-27.hsd1.fl.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Q-FUNK [n=q-funk@dsl-hkibras1-ff55c300-121.dhcp.inet.fi] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== doko [n=doko@dslb-088-073-098-089.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Sindwiller [n=sindwill@84-75-101-114.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-MOTU
=== Sindwiller [n=sindwill@84-75-101-114.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-MOTU
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== superm1 [i=malimonc@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== avoine [n=avoine@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== vbabiy [n=vbabiy@pool-71-164-85-238.albyny.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== davromaniak [n=cyril@LAubervilliers-153-52-16-160.w217-128.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
evandCan anyone offer insight into why gnome-bluetooth 0.9.0 FTBFS: http://launchpadlibrarian.net/8529564/buildlog_ubuntu-gutsy-amd64.gnome-bluetooth_0.9.0-0ubuntu1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz?  It says it's missing gail-dev, but that's an eventual dep of libgnomeui-dev.06:44
evandIt also builds fine in my local pbuilder.06:44
=== xxxxx1 [n=xxxxx1@44125.static.fln.virtua.com.br] has joined #ubuntu-motu
superm1evand, what if you just add gail-dev as an explicit build dependency to gnome-bluetooth?06:46
evandI would, I'm just not sure it's right and proper :)06:47
Hobbseeevand: throw libgail-dev at it06:48
=== SlimG [n=slimg@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
evandok, thanks06:48
Hobbseedunno why it'd work on your local pbuilder though06:48
evandyeah, it's quite odd.06:48
superm1evand, according to my local box,   apt-cache depends libgnomeui-dev |grep gail comes up with nothing06:48
Hobbseeevand: oh, do you have b-d and b-d-i's?06:48
evandeh? can you expand that06:49
superm1Hobbsee, you mean build dependencies an build dependencies architecture independent?06:49
=== SlimG [n=slimg@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseesorry, i'm being lazy :)06:49
Hobbseeevand: what superm1 said06:50
Hobbseeevand: and which arch are you building on?06:50
evandWell, shouldn't gnome-bluetooth -> libgnomeui-dev -> libgnomecanvas2-dev -> libgail-dev work?06:50
evandHobbsee: amd6406:50
=== vil [n=lada@ubuntu/member/vil] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseeevand: it should, but answer the question about whehter there's a Build Depends Indep section of debian/control06:51
evandnegative, just build-dep06:51
=== danohuiginn [n=dan@client-82-2-134-146.manc.adsl.virgin.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
superm1evand, you sure its a depend of libgnomecanvas2-dev?  I looked at that one too - and it doesn't come up06:52
Hobbseeokay, so it's not sbuild/pbuilder kludgery06:52
Hobbseesarah@LongPointyStick:~$ rdepends  libgail-dev06:52
HobbseeReverse Depends:06:52
Hobbsee  libgnomecanvas2-dev06:52
Hobbsee  gnome-core-devel06:52
superm1ah well on feisty its not :)06:52
Hobbsee  libgtkhtml2-dev06:53
Hobbsee  libgail-gnome-dev06:53
Hobbsee  libeel2-dev06:53
Hobbsee  libatspi-dev06:53
Hobbseeit should be OK.06:53
evandhttp://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=6087 incase anyone wanted to take a look06:53
Hobbseebah, who uses that anyway...06:53
HobbseePackage gail was not found in the pkg-config search path.06:53
HobbseePerhaps you should add the directory containing `gail.pc'06:53
Hobbseethat makes me wonder06:53
Hobbseeseeing as gali.pc isnt found with dpkg -S06:54
evandlibgail-dev doesn't even seem to get installed in the build logs.06:54
=== mitkip_ [n=julien@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseei'd try hardcoding libgail-dev06:55
=== shin [n=sunny@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseeyet it installs  libgail-common libgail18....06:56
BurgundaviaHobbsee: because hardcoding the world has always worked so well in the past06:56
Hobbseein fact, it doesnt even grab  libgnomecanvas2-dev06:57
superm1Hobbsee, even in a gutsy chroot, i didn't see that same result as you did for the rdepends, libgnomecanvas2-dev wasn't present06:57
Hobbseelibgnomecanvas2-dev | 2.19.1-0ubuntu2 | http://archive.ubuntu.com gutsy/main Packages06:57
Hobbseesuperm1: that one?06:57
HobbseeBurgundavia: depends what you hardcode, and where06:57
BurgundaviaHobbsee: /me was joking06:57
superm1Hobbsee, oh must have been after i apt-get update'd last night.  I was one version behind06:58
Hobbseeevand: ah, found it.06:58
Hobbseeevand: apt-cache show gnome-bluetooth | grep libgnomeui06:58
=== Hobbsee hugs grep --color
Hobbseeit's seriously the most useful invention, after grep.06:59
Hobbseeevand: that'll do it :)06:59
Hobbseestill doesnt explain why it built in your pbuilder, though...06:59
=== eagles0513875 [n=jonathan@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
evandindeed, that is quite odd07:00
eagles0513875sup guys07:00
Hobbseeevand: you're trying it?07:01
Hobbseesuperm1: that'll do it :)07:03
=== Hobbsee should really put apt-get update on a cron or something
eagles0513875Hobbsee: hey suprised ur up late lol07:04
=== eagles0513875 needs to figer out how to set a cron up lol
Hobbseeyeah.  i'm heading towards bed...07:04
=== eagles0513875 also needs to understand what the gui means and how to set it up right
eagles0513875there r alot of updated pkgs today 07:05
=== Hobbsee --> bed. night all!
evandHobbsee: so just require libgnomeui-dev >= 2.91somethingsomething?07:07
AndyPdid i read somewhere that packages that depend on a virtual package should also depend on an alternative or something?07:09
broonieAndyP: Yes. They should have a dep in the form "default | virtual"07:11
broonieThis is so apt has some idea what to install if the virtual package isn't already present.07:11
AndyPbroonie: thought so, i'm currently wrestling with a package that depends on a virtual package without depending on al alternative07:13
AndyPs/ al / an /07:14
AndyPunfortunately the virtual package is new in the source package and hasn't made it into ubuntu yet (libgstreamer0.10-ruby) hmm, actually it might be just a "dummy" package and not a virtual package07:16
broonieIt's a dummy package in Debian. "This is a dummy package depending on the library for the current default version of Ruby."07:18
=== lmr__ [n=lmr@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
AndyPas i thought. for some reason my brain registered "dummy" as "virtual" :/07:23
eagles0513875we all make mistakes dude07:24
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-9-224.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== guardian [n=Guardian@ANantes-252-1-9-44.w82-126.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== redguy [n=mati@unaffiliated/redguy] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jekil [n=alessand@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== rexbron [n=rexbron@TOROON63-1177742445.sdsl.bell.ca] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xxxxx1Hobbsee, ^_-07:49
=== MagnusR [n=magru@c83-252-237-96.bredband.comhem.se] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseei missed whatever was said07:50
stgraberHobbsee: oh, a 40 minutes night :)07:51
Hobbseestgraber: you know when you've got a list of stuff that you just have to write out, else you cant sleep?07:51
stgraberyeah, know that ... :)07:52
=== Jazzva [n=sasa@cable-89-216-184-157.dynamic.sbb.co.yu] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tuxmaniac [n=tuxmania@unaffiliated/tuxmaniac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
eagles0513875Hobbsee: what u come back for07:58
Hobbseeeagles0513875: to write out a whole bunch of stuff07:58
Hobbseeevand: did you get it working?07:59
eagles0513875Hobbsee: ur todo list07:59
Hobbseenot exactly.07:59
eagles0513875i need to learn programming badly08:01
evandwell, it worked in pbuilder before so I'm not sure if this fixes it, but I upped the dependency to libgnomeui-dev (>= 2.19.0)08:01
evandis that what you were suggesting?08:01
Hobbseeevand: i think so, yes.08:02
evandI increased the ubuntu version for the change.  I'm not sure if that's necessary since it never hit the archive, but it's on REVU if any motus want to sponsor it.08:04
Hobbseeevand: i'll look after actually sleeping, or a couple of days after, if no one else has.  please email me about it08:05
evandthanks Hobbsee08:06
Hobbseeevand: you shouldnt need the versioned dep08:06
Hobbseeevand: as in, it'll pick up the latest in the archive anyway08:06
fernandocan somebody review http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=612408:06
evandthat's what I thought, but it doesn't seem to be.08:07
=== davro-desktop [n=davro@LAubervilliers-153-52-16-160.w217-128.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseeevand: but, i'll look later if you send me an email about it08:08
Hobbseeelse i will forget08:08
=== Hobbsee has a relative coming for the week, tomorrow.
tuxmaniachey, any mentors out there for me from MOTU School?08:08
=== Hobbsee doesnt mentor
tuxmaniacHobbsee, :-)08:09
=== Hobbsee doesnt really have the patience for it, and such.
Hobbseehowever, happy to answer random questions in here if i'm not busy08:09
=== tuxmaniac loves teaching and mentoring :-)
eagles0513875anyone care to take a look at my amarok bug08:09
eagles0513875that i reported08:09
=== asac [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
tuxmaniaceagles0513875, i dont use amarok. its banshee and it rocks!08:10
tuxmaniaceagles0513875, you mean triage your bug?08:11
=== AndyP wants whatever drugs tuxmaniac is on
eagles0513875nobody has taken a look at it 08:11
=== jdong runs sharkattack through backports triaging
jdongthe workflow is quite divine :)08:12
=== eagles0513875 runs to corner and criess
Hobbseetuxmaniac: to fix eagles0513875 $mypetbug08:12
eagles0513875im using the f knockoff of amarok and i hate it08:12
tuxmaniacAndyP, hmm. May be I should leave. Long flight has taken its toll Isuppose08:12
Hobbseetuxmaniac: instead of any of the others in the bugtracker.08:12
tuxmaniacHobbsee, :))08:12
AndyPtuxmaniac: no no, stick around and let me soak up your enthusiasm ;)08:12
Hobbseethe fact that no one here is likely to know any amarok code seems to be irrelevant08:13
eagles0513875it doesnt seem to be a problem with amarok08:13
eagles0513875r the kde pkgs altered before being put in the repositories08:13
Hobbseeuh, yes.08:13
Hobbseethey need debian/ dirs for a start....08:14
eagles0513875i have a feeling my amarok issue is a bug with kde 3.5.7 pkgs08:14
Hobbseethen find it, and fix it.08:14
eagles0513875i dont know anything about any programming languages08:14
Hobbsee...then learn.08:14
xtknighthey eagles0513875  ;)08:14
xtknightany progress?08:14
eagles0513875xtknight: with what08:15
xtknighttell me you changed the title of that bug :o08:15
xtknightthe amarok one08:15
eagles0513875:( how do i do that lol08:15
=== DktrKranz [n=Luca@ubuntu/member/dktrkranz] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== tuxmaniac plays eagles mildly and goes to have some rest
eagles0513875ive narrowed it down to a bug in the kde 3.5.7 pkgs cuz ive compiled amarok from source flac from source dont know what else it could be except for kde08:15
tuxmaniacbye gang08:16
eagles0513875later tuxmaniac08:16
xtknightwell, again, if you can't fix it yourself that should be something you can mention in the bug, then perhaps others can use that to fix it08:16
Hobbseemay be a difference in the version of flac, too08:16
eagles0513875Hobbsee: when i installed flac from repositoriy and souce it seems to be the same version08:17
xtknightthe repositories are basically "from the source" too they're just packaged08:17
eagles0513875i installed that one08:18
xtknightso what you want to do is limit it to a range of versions.  download an older version, generally only available from source08:18
eagles0513875of amarok or kde08:18
xtknightof whatever you believe the fault lies08:18
eagles0513875how do i downgrade from 3.5.7 to 5.608:18
xtknightsounds like kde to me08:18
superm1evand, perhaps you want to try buliding it on a ppa08:18
xtknightuninstall 3.5.7, and install 5.608:18
superm1evand, considering the trouble you hit08:18
xtknightand its dependencies08:18
Hobbseextknight: some of the packages have large patches applied too08:19
xtknightHobbsee, ah, ubuntu specific?08:19
Hobbseesuperm1: possible, but i'd try running it locally with sbuild first.08:19
evandhrmm, that's a good idea superm1.  Thanks.08:19
Hobbseextknight: some, yes.  see patches.ubuntu.com08:19
eagles0513875uve lost me08:19
xtknightHobbsee, eagles0513875 then perhaps some of the patches are causing the problem?08:20
Hobbseeeagles0513875: xtknight: no packages for kde 3.5.6 for gutsy08:20
Hobbseextknight: quite possible.08:20
xtknightso it's a good idea he tried the vanilla (regular) package from source, even though it was the latest08:20
eagles0513875Hobbsee: u saying i cant downgrade08:20
xtknightbut if it still fails it obviously means he needs to try an older one08:20
Hobbseeeagles0513875: xtknight: they're all in debian/patches in the sources, use trial and error08:21
eagles0513875i still dont get it08:21
eagles0513875u saying compile kde from source08:21
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbseeeagles0513875: no. going fully back to 3.5.6 wont help you, anyway.08:21
Hobbseeseeing as neither amarok, nor flac, actually release with kde08:22
Hobbseeamarok's in extragear08:22
xtknightdoesn't amarok use some libkde libraries?08:22
Hobbseextknight: sure it does08:22
Hobbseextknight: it could be them, sure.  i'd usually point the finger at flac though08:23
eagles0513875lol y if it worked perfectly fine in feisty08:23
eagles0513875and it workes perfectly fine now in any other player but amarok08:23
xtknightbecause it used a different flac version  ? i dont know heh08:23
Hobbsee      flac | 1.1.2-5ubuntu2 |        feisty | source, amd64, i386, powerpc08:24
Hobbsee      flac | 1.1.4-3ubuntu1 |         gutsy | source, amd64, i386, powerpc08:24
Hobbseedifferent versions of flac08:24
xtknighteagles0513875, and did you try a Gutsy LiveCD?08:24
xtknightdoes it occur on a fresh clean install?08:24
eagles0513875this is a clean install08:24
Hobbseei expect that if you took the feisty flac, compiled it on gutsy, then recompiled amarok with the older flac, the problem wouldnt be there.08:24
xtknightwith 0 other packages installed?  remember, this is scientific08:24
Hobbseeeagles0513875: did you copy ~/.kde ?08:24
eagles0513875i had to do it after a really nasty apport bug which i already reported when i did a dist-upgrade08:25
eagles0513875Hobbsee:  what u mean08:25
Hobbseeeagles0513875: did you copy ~/.kde over to your clean install?08:26
Hobbseeas in, if you move ~/.kde out of the way, does the problem still happen?08:26
eagles0513875no i didnt08:26
eagles0513875reformatted my partition08:26
eagles0513875and then reinstalled08:27
Hobbseeright, so ti's probably not a config file problem08:27
eagles0513875im going to try flac how can i get the flac from feisty08:27
Hobbsee....from launchpad....08:28
Hobbseewhere else?08:28
Hobbseeyou'll need the source08:28
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xtknighteagles0513875, http://packages.ubuntu.com/08:29
xtknighteagles0513875, i suggest reaidng some wikis anyways just to get a general idea of how to do this stuff.  after all you do seem lost a lot here ;)08:29
=== Hobbsee hugs rmadison
eagles0513875xtknight: im flustered cuz not knowing a programming language doesnt make it easy08:30
Hobbseeyou dont need to know a programming language, per se08:30
jdongHobbsee: pfft *hugs cached-madison*08:30
Hobbseeand tha'ts no excuse to be acting like a brick wall, and not taking in any information.08:30
eagles0513875Hobbsee: i am08:30
ubotusource-o-matic is a webpage where you can (re)generate your sources.list - http://www.ubuntu-nl.org/source-o-matic08:30
xtknighteagles0513875, but you know how to report bugs now.  that should be good for now.  if you want to fix it you will have to learn to program.08:31
Hobbseejdong: rmadison and rmadison -u ubuntu comes in very handy, when you want to know more than the distro you're running08:31
eagles0513875xtknight: i know im actually probably going to stay here in europe and focus on a computer and info systems degree08:31
eagles0513875which will teach me alot of programming08:31
jdongHobbsee: haha I just have a gigantic sources.list for my backports work, and a sqlite wrapper around apt-cache :)08:31
Hobbseejdong: yes, but you're FULL OF CRACK!08:31
ubotujdong: You're going to hell.08:31
Hobbseein the sane world, however...08:32
jdongHobbsee: I guess you haven't seen sharkattack yet, huh? :D08:32
jdongHobbsee: http://sharkattack.media.mit.edu/inventory/08:32
Hobbseei dont want to know about you and your crack....08:32
=== Hobbsee files a request to backport ShinyShinyBlingBlingCrack
jdongI think I've blacklisted everything that would kill the builder :)08:33
jdonglike openoffice, glibc....08:33
Hobbseeooo would be a fun backport08:33
jdongeagles0513875: sorry that's special for me :)08:33
ubotuSorry, I don't know anything about omgjodng - try searching on http://bots.ubuntulinux.nl/factoids.cgi08:33
jdongHobbsee: someone did hit Wesnoth during beta testing...08:33
jdongthat took a huge hit08:33
ubotujdong: You're going to hell.08:33
eagles0513875y only for u jdong08:34
ubotuThat's what she said!08:34
jdongbecause I'm special (tm)08:34
jdongor have made too many bad jokes08:34
Hobbseejdong: it's because you're FULL OF CRACK!08:34
jdongcrack good :)08:34
eagles0513875uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what repository would i have to add to get flac source code08:34
jdongI was gonna name the box crackdealer08:35
jdongbut... err.... the sysadmins would've questioned me :)08:35
Hobbsee!jdong is <reply> <Hobbsee> jdong: yes, but you're FULL OF CRACK!08:35
Hobbsee!jdong is <reply> [Hobbsee]  jdong: yes, but you're FULL OF CRACK!08:35
ubotuSorry, I don't know anything about whoami - try searching on http://bots.ubuntulinux.nl/factoids.cgi08:35
eagles0513875lol thats not goign to work is it08:36
eagles0513875xtknight: what repository am i going to have to add to get the flac source08:36
jdongeagles0513875: deb-src for main08:36
eagles0513875? which one is that in the source o matic list08:37
xtknighteagles0513875, you probably already have it, "sudo apt-get build-dep flac" "sudo apt-get source flac"08:37
Hobbseextknight: not if he's on gutsy, remember....08:37
Hobbseextknight: he needs to grab the feisty source08:37
jdongHobbsee: why doesn't he have feisty-source lines?08:38
eagles0513875i have a few08:38
jdongHobbsee: flac is in main... and that's definitely installed by default08:38
Hobbseejdong: because he's running gutsy?08:38
eagles0513875jdong: im on gutsy x6408:38
jdongHobbsee: hmm...08:38
_MMA_jdong: Did that change for Gutsy?08:38
jdong_MMA_: I'm jsut as confused?08:38
_MMA_"FLAC installed by default"08:39
eagles0513875ya but take a look at my bug08:39
jdong_MMA_: no I mean the deb-src lines for main08:39
ubotuLaunchpad bug 126598 in amarok "ever since i upgraded to kde 3.5.7 in gutsy i have all my audio in flac and amarok is version 1.4.6 and for some reason with all my audio in amarok it intermittently cuts in and out throughout all the songs" [Undecided,New]  08:39
jdong_MMA_: I doubt flac is installed by defuault :D08:39
eagles0513875its not08:39
eagles0513875the latest version is causing a problem for some reason and i need the previous version to see if i still have the same problem08:39
=== GKiller [n=jh@cable-static-32-35.teleport.ch] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xtknighteagles0513875, please....fix the bug title so people don't have a seizure when they look at it.   Edit Description/Tags on the left08:40
eagles0513875lol ok08:40
jdongAAH! DoS! DoS!08:40
Hobbseeactually, i think that's a dupe.08:41
GKillerhi everybody. i'm not sure if this is the right channel. but: when I try to install the package "mtools" from main (ver.  3.9.10.ds1-3 ), I get the warning: WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!08:41
GKilleranybody knows what's wrong with that package?08:41
_MMA_eagles0513875: What backend are you using for Amarok?08:41
eagles0513875_MMA_: xine08:42
=== Hobbsee wonders why i'ts marked as in progress
eagles0513875ill change it back08:42
jdongGKiller: have you tried performing an apt-get update?08:42
jdongor Synaptics reload lists08:42
jdongand make sure you don't get any errors when reloading your lists08:42
=== Hobbsee wishes people would actually learn bug protocol, before doing random things to bugs
xtknighteagles0513875, drrr now the description is longer than the title.  just switch 'em08:43
xtknighttitle is longer than the descrption*08:43
eagles0513875i thought i changed that08:43
GKillerjdong, I get two gpg errors:08:44
eagles0513875xtknight: try that08:44
GKillerW: GPG error: http://hendrik.kaju.pri.ee feisty Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 3C33E735F854AFD708:44
Hobbseeokay, why are there no bugs on flac?08:44
xtknighteagles0513875, yes08:44
GKillerW: GPG error: http://download.tuxfamily.org feisty Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 2D6CFB44DD800CD908:44
HobbseeGKiller: then import the public key, if you trust that repository08:44
jdongGKiller: those 3rd party repositories should not affect mtools08:44
eagles0513875Hobbsee: im now narrowing this down i thought this was an amarok and or xine issue08:44
GKillerone is because I have added an external repository without adding the key (thats what I wanted), the second I'm not sure :))08:44
jdongI just verified GPG sigs are fine on us.archive.ubuntu.com....08:44
_MMA_eagles0513875: I fixed it.08:45
eagles0513875fixed what08:45
GKillerhmm.. ok I'm using the swiss mirrors...08:45
jdongGKiller: it could be an error with your mirror08:45
GKillercan i force the us mirror for one fetch only?08:45
stgraberGKiller: switch is also fine (ch.archive)08:45
jdongGKiller: is the first one your mirror?08:45
siretarthey jdong!08:45
eagles0513875_MMA_: what u fix08:45
jdonggreets siretart :)08:45
GKillerthis is my mirror: http://ch.archive.ubuntu.com feisty/main Packages 08:46
stgraberofficial mirror for switzerland is ch.archive.ubuntu.com which points to mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/ubuntu/08:46
stgraberand it works fine08:46
eagles0513875GKiller: is it a 32bit or 64bit or both mirror08:46
_MMA_eagles0513875: bug 12659808:46
eagles0513875_MMA_: how did u fix my issue08:46
xtknightBug 12659808:46
ubotuLaunchpad bug 126598 in amarok "Audio cuts out in and out in amarok and kde 3.5.7" [Undecided,New]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12659808:46
_MMA_No. The description.08:46
GKillerhmm... now I'm really wondering what the hendrik.kaju.pri.ee mirror is... can't remember adding that :)08:46
eagles0513875xtknight: should i just add all the feisty repositories to my list08:47
Hobbsee_MMA_: yay!  i knew that was there somewhere.08:47
JazzvaGKiller: It's the Screenlets repo08:47
GKilleraahh.. sorry I forgot. I added that one also (but forgot to remove again)... but ok this all shouldn't affect the ubuntu main package signatures08:47
Hobbsee_MMA_: it's probably https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xine-lib/+bug/101888 too08:48
ubotuLaunchpad bug 101888 in xine-lib "Audio skips with xine" [Undecided,New]  08:48
xtknighteagles0513875, um i don't know08:48
GKilleryeah the screenlets Jazzva :)08:48
Hobbsee_MMA_: he's filed two bugs about the same thing.08:48
xtknighteagles0513875, i think at this point you just shouldn't worry about it.08:48
xtknighteagles0513875, you have filed the bug, chances are someone else has it.  somebody who knows how to fix it will do it08:48
eagles0513875xtknight: im on 64bit not really mainstream yet08:49
Hobbseeor else just ignore it, due to the sheer annoyingness of the reporter....08:49
xtknight64bit has been around for at least 10 yrs08:49
=== Pici [n=pcmacman@unaffiliated/pici] has joined #ubuntu-motu
_MMA_Hobbsee: Looks that way. :(08:49
eagles0513875xtknight: not until now is it making its appearance08:49
GKillerhobbsee, jdong, stgraber: thanks everybody for your help. after sudo apt-get update I could now install mtools without problems.. maybe that was a temporary glitch08:49
jdongGKiller: yeah, that happens sometimes :)08:49
eagles0513875xtknight: what repository is xine-lib08:49
eagles0513875in 08:49
xtknighteagles0513875,  if you don't know what to do, that's fine but you need to read wikis.  we apparently have tried to help you but can't08:49
eagles0513875im going to try flac source and xine lib downgrade08:50
Hobbseeeagles0513875: please stop disrupting the channel about that bug.  it's been filed, you've been told over and over what to do with it, and havent followed that advice.  now you're just creating noise, and disrupting anyone else from gettign work done.08:50
ubotusource-o-matic is a webpage where you can (re)generate your sources.list - http://www.ubuntu-nl.org/source-o-matic08:51
jdongeagles0513875: can you please do this in another channel? you're filling a development channel with bot output08:51
eagles0513875that is all i needed im done here08:52
=== mode/#ubuntu-motu [+o Hobbsee] by ChanServ
=== mode/#ubuntu-motu [+b %*!*@] by Hobbsee
=== _MMA_ hears the "Jaws" music.
=== _16aR_ [n=dolanor@unaffiliated/16ar/x-367395] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Hobbsee_MMA_: :)08:54
=== kevinl-1 [n=kevinl@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Havis_ [n=Havis@adsl-dyn242.91-127-80.t-com.sk] has joined #ubuntu-motu
kevinl-1hey guys! guess what? i need help with something!08:55
Hobbsee!ask | kevinl-1 08:55
kevinl-1specifically, how to fricking recompile usplash-theme-ubuntu / usplash on debian and make it actually work!08:55
ubotukevinl-1: Don't ask to ask a question. Just ask your question :)08:55
kevinl-1i have many questions .08:56
kevinl-1any they are all related to usplash08:56
kevinl-1so, im hoping to find someone who actually knows about customizing it from source and getting it to work ..08:56
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
kevinl-1and bribing them for help .08:56
xtknightkevinl-1, are you using apt-get source?08:57
_MMA_kevinl-1: Emailing one of the mailing lists might be your best bet.08:57
kevinl-1so, forgot about etch for a second08:57
kevinl-1i have an ubuntu 7.04 desktop fresh install08:58
kevinl-1well, it WAS fresh08:58
kevinl-1i was able to compile usplash and usplash-theme-ubuntu08:58
kevinl-1make install, yada yada08:58
kevinl-1and now it just eats poo08:58
kevinl-1cannot open /dev/fb0 : no such file directory08:58
kevinl-1the error i got when compiling my own theme was : libusplash.0.so : unresolved symbol pixmap_throbber_back08:59
kevinl-1so i just tried to remove everything08:59
xtknightkevinl-1, so maybe you compiled it against the wrong -dev packages?08:59
=== mode/#ubuntu-motu [-o Hobbsee] by ChanServ
kevinl-1xtknight: would i have to manually specify the "right" ones somewhere?09:00
kevinl-1im about to reinstall ubuntu again just so i can have a clean environment to start from09:01
kevinl-1which seems ridiculous, but i just do not know what is going with this09:01
kevinl-1usplash is a complicated piece of work09:01
kevinl-1they make it sound all easy, even with a gnome gui thing to switch theme09:01
kevinl-1but try building your own, and then backporting it into etch09:02
kevinl-1i need to make a custom branded logo splash for a live cd based on debian-live09:02
kevinl-1ive gotten various versions of usplash to do various levels of displaying on it09:02
kevinl-1but something is always wrong, one way or another09:03
=== guardian_ [n=Guardian@ANantes-252-1-16-173.w82-126.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Sindwiller [n=sindwill@84-75-101-114.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #ubuntu-MOTU
kevinl-1yet the ubuntu live cd kernel and initramfs has that rockin ubuntu animated splash09:03
kevinl-1i just want to work ontop of that theme09:03
kevinl-1change the colors and logo09:03
xtknightkevinl-1, well you cant get the usplash ubuntu theme and apply it with an Etch usplash applier?09:04
xtknightnot sure what's involved in usplash really09:04
xtknightdont you have to recompile it into the kernel?09:04
kevinl-1nope, its just an application linked to a .so theme , in the initramfs09:04
kevinl-1you do have update-initramfs09:04
=== Hobbsee --> bed
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jussi01nite Hobbsee09:09
=== Hobbsee notes that she hasnt got email from evand yet, and is unlikely to remember if she doesnt.
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C4A53D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
evandon it09:11
Hobbseecool, just checking :)09:12
=== _MMA_ [n=mma@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
superm1evand, did you end up having more luck on a ppa/sbuild?09:35
=== iceman [n=iceman@cable-87-244-153-189.upc.chello.be] has joined #ubuntu-motu
evandsuperm1: haven't had a chance to try yet, but will do later.09:39
=== _MMA1 [n=mma@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== currios [n=currios@p548D714E.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== _MMA1 is now known as _MMA_
=== guardian_ [n=Guardian@ANantes-252-1-16-173.w82-126.abo.wanadoo.fr] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Leaving"]
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-f4713340ccd5eeb6] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== jrib [n=jrib@upstream/dev/jrib] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== slomo [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== reclusivemonkey [n=monkey@host86-132-226-25.range86-132.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== blueCommand [n=blueComm@unaffiliated/bluecommand] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== reclusivemonkey [n=monkey@host86-132-226-25.range86-132.btcentralplus.com] has left #ubuntu-motu ["Ex-Chat"]
=== _MMA1 [n=mma@cpe-071-070-203-016.nc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cbx33 [n=pete@ubuntu/member/cbx33] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== _MMA1 is now known as _MMA_
=== Subhuman [n=jack@host86-143-235-27.range86-143.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-73b7735bee78a007] has joined #ubuntu-motu
xxxxx1bye all11:06
cbx33not meaning to cause any grief but, is anyone else concerned over a certain post on planet at the moment?11:10
=== LaserJock [n=mantha@ubuntu/member/laserjock] has joined #ubuntu-motu
cbx33I've told kids at the school to view planet because they are interested in ubuntu and I don't really think that's appropriate11:11
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-170-39-244.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has left #ubuntu-motu []
jdongcbx33: yikes...11:13
jdongcbx33: yeah that's worse than the iGasm thing...11:13
cbx33can we do something about that11:13
jdongcbx33: who moderates planet?11:14
cbx33jdong, personally it's appaling11:14
cbx33no idea11:14
cbx33but imho it needs to be pulled11:14
LaserJockjdong: yes, much worse11:14
cbx33it's very damaging to our image11:14
jdongyeah, I totally agree,  it needs to go11:14
cbx33I've pinged in canonical-sysadmins11:14
cbx33but only one in there11:14
cbx33and not responding11:14
cbx33only thing I can think of is removing the feed11:14
cbx33comment it out11:14
cbx33until the owner can be contacted...11:15
cbx33but I don't have the authority to do that11:15
LaserJockwell, probably emailing koke would be a good idea11:15
LaserJockjust to politely ask him to remove it11:16
jdongthat's a good idea11:16
cbx33but as well as that, we can't just wait11:16
jdongbut it's a good start11:16
cbx33who's gonna do it?11:16
jdongcbx33: you :)11:16
cbx33I will if no one else wants to11:16
jdongthanks for volunteering!11:16
cbx33get me the email address11:16
cbx33I don't mind11:16
LaserJockwell, you can email the CC according to the Planet Policy spec11:17
LaserJockbut I think they are probably all gone or traveling right now11:17
jdongLaserJock: that won't take an eternity?11:17
jdongLaserJock: mako's out for sure...11:17
cbx33jdong don't you have some kinda super powers?11:17
LaserJockwell, the CC is much larger now11:17
jdongsays koke@amedias.org,  koke@zgzjabber.ath.cx11:17
=== cbx33 sends to both
jdongcbx33: unfortunately I don't have any of those kinds of powers :)11:17
jdongcbx33: they're also jabber accounts11:17
LaserJockI think only Canonical people can remove feeds11:18
LaserJockand particularly the sysadmins11:18
cbx33we can all edit the file though can't we?11:18
LaserJockand maybe Jono11:18
cbx33i could text jono11:18
LaserJockoh, hmm11:18
cbx33i have his number11:18
jdongcbx33: yeah he has magical powers11:18
jdongI am surprised people do not exercise a bit more judgement before posting to the planet... :(11:19
LaserJocktechnically we can change the Planet feed, but I'm not sure I want to be responsible for that11:21
jdongBurgundavia: ping? you have planet powers, right?11:21
jdongLaserJock: that might be slightly overboard....11:21
jdongLaserJock: let's first give some time for a response11:21
jdongor we can DoS the post to the next page!11:21
cbx33I just txt jono11:21
cbx33I'll write the mail now11:21
jdongactually it's pretty close... :)11:21
LaserJockI've got lots I can talk about ;-)11:22
jdongquick! blog about something!11:22
cbx33I, and a few other members of the ubuntu-motu channel are deeply concerned about the post currently on planet.  I have send young people with an interest in ubuntu to planet and am worried that this post will be damaging to ubuntu.  I am writing to ask if you would please consider removing it from planet.11:23
vorlonmight you want to mention which post is "the post"?11:24
cbx33it's not obvious11:24
jdongI have *sent*11:24
=== cbx33 has sent
crimsununlike jordan, I will not be back.11:26
Burgundaviajdong: everybody does11:26
jdongcrimsun: what?11:26
=== LaserJock cries
LaserJockcrimsun: sorry to hear that11:26
jdongBurgundavia: I was referring to planet administration powers...11:26
jdongcrimsun: you sure? :(11:27
cbx33crimsun, whaaaaa?11:27
crimsunyes.  This was announced quite some time ago.11:27
LaserJockcrimsun: I know, but we're still all in denial11:28
Burgundaviacrimsun went and got himself a job without internet access11:28
crimsunit's quite nice.  I don't have to deal with gadgetry explosion.  Technology has made us dumber.11:28
Burgundaviaprecisely why I don't own a cell phone11:29
LaserJockI have one, but I just call my wife with it11:30
LaserJockwell, that and get Google Calendar text reminders11:30
jdongI have one...11:30
jdongand it has an ssh client on it... and oh dear... :(11:30
=== cbx33 has a nokia n800
cbx33say no more11:31
cbx33I'm a technofreak11:31
Q-FUNKI'm really at loss as to how to fix issues brought up by http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=612011:34
ubotuFTP clients: !Nautilus, !gFTP (for !GNOME) - !Konqueror, !Kasablanca, !KFTPGrabber (for !KDE) - See also !FTPd11:34
Q-FUNKI'm dealing with a sloppy upstream tarball and a messy upstream build script.11:34
cbx33any ideas about planet?11:35
LaserJockcbx33: email koke, txt jono, wait11:36
Q-FUNKcrimsun: sorry, back to what?11:37
cbx33this sucks11:38
=== SlimG [n=slimg@] has joined #ubuntu-motu
ScottKAny MOTU hopefuls, Bug #96586 needs to have an SRU put together.  I'll be glad to help you out with it.11:39
ubotuLaunchpad bug 96586 in inkscape "Backport Inkscape to 0.45.1-1ubuntu3 to feisty" [Low,Fix released]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/9658611:39
Q-FUNKcrimsun: I vaguely recall you mentioning that you're leaving some teams, if that's what you're refering to.11:40
Q-FUNKcbx33: there's two moraly questionable posts within the last few hours, so?11:42
cbx33Q-FUNK, have a link to the image fair enough11:44
cbx33but don't embed it11:44
cbx33we're an informative for all planet11:44
cbx33not pornbuntu11:44
Q-FUNKthere's also potbuntu11:45
Burgundaviacbx33: morality is a very localized thing11:45
cbx33oh come on11:45
Burgundaviait is11:45
cbx33I'm fine with discussing difficult issues11:45
cbx33but I don't consider that safe for work11:46
superm1planet needs to be moral globally however11:46
DktrKranzScottK, is there something I can do about?11:46
BurgundaviaI don't disagree, I am just saying that in Europe, nudity is less taboo, basically11:46
ScottKDktrKranz: If you look at that bug, it talks about backporting and has 3 feisty patches.11:46
ScottKDktrKranz: Make a feisty-proposed debdiff for the 3 patches and let me know if you have questions.11:47
=== DktrKranz looks at them
=== Knightlust [n=Dax@ubuntu/member/knightlust] has joined #ubuntu-motu
cbx33Burgundavia, let's face it though, that's not some "person" in their skimpy outfit11:48
cbx33that is a depiction of a sexual act11:48
Burgundaviawell email Jorge and ask him to take it down11:48
DktrKranzScottK, are these three patches by bryce?11:48
cbx33I have11:48
cbx33but i think something should be done about it11:49
Burgundaviapulling a post off of planet is a very sensitive issue11:49
DktrKranzok, I'll have a look at it11:49
cbx33we'll just say....show of hands....11:49
DktrKranzprobably I can manage it in time, it's quite late here11:49
Burgundaviacbx33: show of hands is mob rule11:50
cbx33who is uncomfortable with it....I'm not asking for a vote11:50
cbx33just asking for how many people are uncomfortable with it11:50
ScottKDktrKranz: No problem.  Just get to it when you can.11:50
DktrKranzI'll ping you when with a verified debdiff11:50
=== Acksys [n=acksys@cpe-071-070-084-000.sc.res.rr.com] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== Acksys [n=acksys@cpe-071-070-084-000.sc.res.rr.com] has left #ubuntu-motu []
ScottKBurgundavia: I'd say ask them to remove it (rather than force it off) on the basis it's got nothing to do with Ubuntu.11:51
=== ScottK was a little suprised to see it there.
cbx33ScottK, but a lot of stuff on planet is non ubuntu11:51
Burgundaviahowever, it is already midnight on a Friday night in Spain and Jorge isn't the kind to stay home11:51
Burgundaviait is not illegal, therefor I don't support pulling it down11:52
ScottKWell, just for refrence, my 4 year old was sitting on my lap when I pulled it up.  I wasn't comfortable with that.11:52
vorlonactually, the whole point of the post is that it was ruled illegal in Spain ;)11:52
Burgundaviavorlon: the server is in the UK, therefor not illegal11:53
=== cbx33 [n=pete@ubuntu/member/cbx33] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== pete_ [n=pete@84-45-238-195.no-dns-yet.enta.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
=== cbx33 [n=user@84-45-238-195.no-dns-yet.enta.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
cbx33Burgundavia, so?11:54
Burgundaviait is up to Jorge to pull it down11:54
cbx33you're not worried about the image of ubuntu?11:55
BurgundaviaI don't think it should be on planet, but I don't support anybody but Jorge pulling it down11:55
jdongI don't care about the image of ubuntu, but I do care about young aged audeiences seeing this11:55
cbx33and as you said it could be ages before he takes it down.11:55
cbx33jdong exactly11:55
Burgundaviajdong: do you have a concrete proposal for dealign with it?11:56
Burgundaviawe have two choices: turn off planet or pull Jorge11:56
jdongBurgundavia: both of those options are pretty rough11:56
jdongBurgundavia: I was hoping for a way to just remove that one post11:56
Burgundaviathere is nothing else we can do11:56
Burgundaviaplanet (the software) does not support that11:56
cbx33is it tagged?11:56
Burgundaviawe went over this with the whole Dell thing11:57
jdongyeah, I undrstand Burgundavia's hesitation to take direct action11:57
cbx33me too11:57
Burgundaviathe other thing you can do is to complain to the CC11:57
cbx33my beef isn't with you Burgundavia 11:57
Burgundaviaasking for a strengthing of the PlanetEditorialSpec11:58
Burgundaviano, I realize that11:58
jdongI agree with that11:58
BurgundaviaI would vote against it11:58
cbx33that  still leaves us with the current problem.11:58
jdongthere should be something implemented from this point forth that alows for single-post moderation11:58
Burgundaviaand who is moderate it?11:58
jdongthe staff who manage the Planet?11:59
cbx33a very large votable team?11:59
Burgundaviathere are no staff11:59
jdongwell, then there should be...11:59
Burgundaviaplanet is controlled by the community11:59
cbx33then let ubuntu members vote on it?11:59
Burgundaviavoting is a really bad idea11:59
Burgundaviawe can do things by consensus11:59
cbx33like becoming an ubuntu member?12:00
=== [GruncH] [n=gruncho@190-76-13-19.dyn.movilnet.com.ve] has joined #ubuntu-motu
Burgundaviathat is a vote of a select few people12:00
Burgundaviaand that is largely consensus as well12:00
Burgundaviaand this is a far more sticky matter, that of approving posts12:00
superm1perhaps planet's allowed content should be modified.  i've seen several blog softwares that support tags, and then the rss feed submitted is only things tagged with say 'ubuntu' or 'linux'12:01
cbx33i can't see another reliable way of doing it.12:01
Burgundaviasuperm1: we can do that, but not all blogs support that12:01
superm1its quite possible this was an oversight by jorge and he didn't realize it would be included here12:01
cbx33in fact some blogs do do it.12:01
BurgundaviaI am deeply opposed to anything that introduces new rules and new procedures to planet12:02
jdongI think there should be a more rigorous set of guidelines to what is acceptable material on the planet12:02
cbx33Burgundavia, but then situations like this will keep happening12:02
Burgundaviajdong: we went over this in SEvilla12:02
ScottKWith what conclusion?12:02
Burgundaviathat we don't define " a more rigorous set of guidelines"12:03
Burgundaviafor the exact reason that they are impossible to agree on12:03
ScottKOK.  12:03
jdonghow about the same type of content allowed on the IRC channels and forums?12:03
Burgundaviafor the record, the debate was largely between myself, Jono, elmo and sabdfl12:03
Burgundaviathe IRC and the forums are basically "don't violate the CC"12:04
ScottKPersonally, I don't think putting that post on planet is consistent with the Ubuntu code of conduct.12:04
BurgundaviaCoC, rather12:04
cbx33i don't see how.  a new post is given 24 hours to be voted on12:04
Burgundaviaand if issues are made witha  specific post, then to raise them with the CC12:04
jdongcbx33: I don't like a moderation queue12:04
cbx33jdong. no12:04
jdongI don't think everyone should default to suspicion12:04
Burgundaviaand who is going to write it?12:04
cbx33it is up on planet.12:04
jdongbut I do think that there should be a way to react to a unwatned post12:05
cbx33Burgundavia, if it's important enough people will.12:05
Burgundaviaplanet (the software) doesn't suppor that, so somebody is going to need to write a patch to planet12:05
BurgundaviaI don't disagree that a post specific blacklist might be a good feature12:05
pete_I'll get together with people and write it12:05
pete_sorry I'm pete_ too12:05
Burgundavialook, if you have an issue, raise it with the CC12:06
pete_don't worry dude I will12:06
Burgundaviaultimately, mdke and I need to finish writing the PlanetEditorialSpec12:06
=== sladen goes to look which post
pete_specs are great12:07
Burgundaviasladen: Jorge's12:07
pete_it's the mechanism for when that's broken that needs to be addressed12:07
jdongsladen: scroll down.. it's hard to miss12:07
=== DarkSun88 [n=Ma@ubuntu/member/darksun88] has left #ubuntu-motu []
pete_sladen, found it?12:08
jdongor at least a friendly reminder to exercise a bit more taste in inline content12:10
sladengenerally it'd be polite to stick that behind a <cut>.  Ubuntu CoC or not12:10
jdongI'm fine with a link to NOTE: Mature Content....12:10
sladen*not safe for work*12:10
pete_me too12:10
vorlonnot "note: immature content"?12:10
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-170-39-244.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-motu
jdongvorlon: any header is good12:10
jdong"CoC alert..."12:11
pete_even a thumbnail would have been better12:11
pete_*bah* I think I'm gonna have to blog in response12:11
jdongmaybe it's jst a difference in culture12:11
pete_jdong, yeh i understand that12:12
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-170-39-244.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has left #ubuntu-motu []
Burgundaviathat magazine is a well read Spanish magazine, that is its front cover12:12
jdongbut there has to be a line for that kind of stuff too12:12
BurgundaviaSpain is the puritanical US/UK12:12
pete_but, if people can try to ban Christmas, because it's insulting to non Christians12:12
jdongthere are many cultures where full nudity is well tolerated12:12
jdongthere has got to be a line drawn12:12
pete_but ubuntu is global12:12
pete_humanity to all12:13
jdongwell don't post pics of serving humanity to all on the planet?12:13

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!