=== RadiantFire [n=ryan@c-69-180-43-27.hsd1.ga.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== rbrunhuber_ [n=Miranda@dslb-088-065-139-240.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== czessi_ [n=Czessi@dslb-088-073-000-086.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== RadiantFire_ [n=ryan@upstream/dev/RadiantFire] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== RadiantFire [n=ryan@c-69-180-43-27.hsd1.ga.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Knightlust [n=umaming@ubuntu/member/knightlust] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== jack_wyt [n=jack@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== claydoh [n=claydoh@66-252-54-247.dyn-adsl.midmaine.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== cynics [n=cynics@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== jjesse [n=jjesse@adsl-76-212-56-86.dsl.klmzmi.sbcglobal.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== manchicken_ [n=manchkn@74-134-231-37.dhcp.insightbb.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
claydohok who put my konversation tabs back down at the bottom :(02:55
claydohjust kiddin02:55
=== claydoh puts them back
=== claydoh [n=claydoh@66-252-54-247.dyn-adsl.midmaine.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== claydoh [n=claydoh@66-252-54-247.dyn-adsl.midmaine.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== poningru [n=poningru@ip72-209-65-174.ga.at.cox.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== jjesse [n=jjesse@adsl-76-212-56-86.dsl.klmzmi.sbcglobal.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== innovati_ [n=innovati@bas1-kingston08-1128729587.dsl.bell.ca] has joined #kubuntu-devel
ScottKCould someone who's been working on KDE4 packages tell me what version is actually needed?04:00
nixternalwhat version of what ScottK?04:23
ScottKRiddell left a comment on Friday that he'd done as much as he could on KDE4 without a new gpg.04:23
nixternalya, I didn't know what he meant by that comment either04:24
ScottKThere's a bug that say a newer version of gpgme needed, but further research leads me to believe the reporter didn't know about the gpgme1.0 package.04:24
ScottKSo up until I discovered that bug was likely bogus, I thought I knew what he meant.04:25
ScottKNow I don't.04:25
=== innovati_ is now known as innovati
nixternalhrmm...I just committed to KDE SVN and it hasn't showed up, nor did the bug close...hopefully I entered the correct BUG:# :)04:26
nixternalyay, thank god for svn log04:26
nixternalclaydoh: you around?04:35
=== maniacmusician [n=maniacmu@24-151-1-004.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
nixternaljust so you know, I responded to your Konversation report in LP with the various options available so you can fix the issue you are having with Konversation tabs04:36
=== hunger_t [n=tobias@p54A723C7.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
ScottKWell the author of the bug I thought was bogus wrote back and said, "Oh, yeah, forgot to update the bug.  The other package works."05:02
ScottKRiddell: Did you build dep on libgpgme or libgpgme11 for kde4 stuff.05:02
ScottKerr -dev in either case of course.05:03
claydohnixternal: yeah05:04
claydohok should have made it a wishlist really05:06
claydohto keep it the way it was05:07
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== manchicken__ [n=manchkn@74-134-231-37.dhcp.insightbb.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== ScottK-laptop [n=kitterma@static-72-81-252-22.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
ScottK-laptopryanakca: This nick isn't registerd, so no PM.06:02
ScottK-laptopI really need to get a new ups.06:03
ScottK-laptopAnyway... Since you're in a vmware machine, I'd ask the admin of the host to look into it.06:03
=== ScottK [n=ScottK@ubuntu/member/scottk] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== innovati_ [n=innovati@bas1-kingston08-1167888594.dsl.bell.ca] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== innovati__ [n=innovati@bas1-kingston08-1167888594.dsl.bell.ca] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== ScottK-laptop [n=kitterma@static-72-81-252-22.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== ScottK-laptop is now known as ScottK2
ryanakcaScottK2: Hmm. I've contacted Paleo. I turned off the VM, and it's telling me that the host key has changed instead of host not found... which makes me think that something malicious is hapenning. That our his network is on the fritz again.06:15
ryanakcaAnyways, past midnight :) Thanks for the help06:15
ScottK2No problem.06:15
ryanakcastd::bed << ryanakca << std::sleep;06:16
nixternalScottK2: I like your REVU/Mentors idea06:20
ScottK2nixternal: Cool06:20
nixternalour REVU could do with some updates, but when I volunteered to help, I didn't get a viable response except for "add a spec to the wiki for it"06:20
ScottK2Code is in bzr.  Go for it.06:20
nixternalspecs are nice, but if I can do it now and am willing to, why should I have to spec it for someone else06:21
ScottK2You've been wanting to learn Python anyways...06:21
nixternalwell damn, now someone tells me that06:21
ScottK2But until the pinentry qt4 port is done ;-)06:21
nixternalya, I am stuck with the seclist stuff06:21
nixternalprobably would be better for someone who understands that part a little better than I06:22
ScottK2Maybe if you contribute a somewhat buggy sort of works port upstream, they'll pick it up and finish it....06:23
ScottK2Well I need to get to bed, so good night.06:24
nixternalScottK2: I forgot I wanted to tell you...a friend and I looked over the marketing stuff for a few minutes yesterday and he said in this case a plan would be damn near impossible..well a complete plan..06:24
nixternalgrr, right as I tell you the good news kind of :)06:24
nixternalactually it is good news06:24
nixternalhe said start designing everything, and work out the marketing situation as you go...he said to sit down and plan it at its current stage could take a very long time06:25
ScottK2Ah.  Yes.06:25
nixternalbut he said, once you get going with the infrastructure and you see the inflow of business, then the plan can start to take shape to take you to that next level06:25
=== ScottK2 is very fond of ready, fire, aim and try again.
=== kmorey [n=kmorey@ip68-12-163-159.ok.ok.cox.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
nixternalbut this wouldn't be like that..funny you said that, as he said something similar06:26
ScottK2Yeah.  Sounds good.06:26
nixternalbut the aim and try again gets taken care of as long as you document and start your situational analysis06:26
nixternalI am going to try and pick his brains some more06:26
nixternalalthough, he did market a .com during that one superbowl witht he stupid dog sock puppet06:27
nixternaland iirc, they bellied up :)06:27
nixternalalthough he made more than enough to live comfortably for a while06:27
ScottK2I'm reminded it was beer drinkers and not marketeers the discovered light beer was less filling and you could drink more.06:27
=== ScottK2 doesn't have that kind of money.
nixternaloh...thought you left06:27
=== ScottK2 is now known as ScottK
ScottKNo, the cold corpse of my desktop finally left.06:28
ScottKI really need to get a new ups.06:28
nixternalso maybe we can look at some website design stuff in the near future, and he said when you start doing a website layout, the best marketing material comes to the front06:28
nixternalwhich I never thought of actually06:28
ScottKMakes sense.06:28
ScottKYeah.  I'm all for that.06:28
nixternalI have never done Internet marketing really, but I do marketing for the best baseball team ever06:28
nixternalChicago Cubs :)06:29
ScottKFor some definition of the word "best".06:29
nixternalwe are doing better than the Sox right now...so that helps06:29
nixternalI figured since my buddy is damn good with Internet marketing...now he does the Ad Sense campaigns for Google, I can get some really good insite from him06:30
Hobbseebah.  what was i about ot do?06:30
nixternalHobbsee: give me some work to do?06:30
ScottKI'm a bit booked up tomorrow and tuesday trying to rack up some billable hours before the end of the month on a new task, but after that, I've got time.06:30
nixternalthat isn't about bug squashing 100% hopefully06:30
ScottKHeya Hobbsee.06:30
Hobbseenixternal: yes, please go thru the buglists some more.06:30
=== innovati_ [n=innovati@bas1-kingston08-1167888594.dsl.bell.ca] has joined #kubuntu-devel
nixternalScottK: I am available during the middle of the week on so that is good actually06:31
nixternalmaybe we can hammer out some ideas06:31
ScottKI had another run in with your favorite bug filer today.06:31
nixternalwith mine?06:31
ScottKHobbsee: ^^06:31
HobbseeScottK: kmos again?06:31
HobbseeScottK: or shirish?06:31
Hobbseenixternal: you should read the logs from -motu last night06:31
nixternaldude, I have been going through KDE bugs today, LP doesn't have anything on that06:31
HobbseeScottK: urgh.  did he take in what you said?06:31
Hobbseenixternal: :D06:31
ScottKHe actually filed a good one.06:31
nixternalHobbsee: I was readign right along with you, but remaining silent06:31
HobbseeScottK: shock horror!06:31
ScottKI didn't read it carefully since I knew who filed it it must be BS.06:32
ScottKWell it was sort of good and on the right track.06:32
ScottKI did point out that since he had a history of filing cr@p bugs no one was going to take him seriously.06:32
ScottKHe acked that and promised he was trying to mend his ways.06:33
nixternalthat is always a good sign06:33
nixternalsometime people just need some gentle hand-holding to get them going06:33
nixternalI have been here for a while and I still need it :)06:33
ScottKYeah.  I think getting beaten on by a lot of people today may have actually helped.06:33
HobbseeScottK: haha, nice06:33
ScottKHe didn't get gentle hand holding.06:33
Hobbseenixternal: well, he seemed to take notice when i mentioned that people may ask the launchpad guy sto remove his launchpad account, if he keeps filing crap bugs, and attempting to break the archive.06:34
ScottKThere may have been one or more stretchings of the CoC today.06:34
=== kmorey [n=kmorey@ip68-12-163-159.ok.ok.cox.net] has left #kubuntu-devel []
HobbseeScottK: well, ubuntu also has a policy of "getting stuff done".  now, kmos is actually going against that policy by filing such crap bugs.06:36
Hobbseeso i dont think it's a COC violation06:36
Hobbseehe's doing exactly what an ubuntu troll would do06:36
ScottKI picked the word stretch carefully.06:36
ScottKHobbsee: Do you know what Riddell was talking about when he said he needed a newer gpg to make more progress on KDE4?06:37
HobbseeScottK: i dont, i wasnt following teh discussoin, most likely06:38
=== innovati_ [n=innovati@bas1-kingston08-1167888594.dsl.bell.ca] has joined #kubuntu-devel
ScottKWell let me try this again then ...  Good night all.  It's getting late here.06:42
nixternalScottK: arggH!06:45
Hobbseenight ScottK06:46
nixternalhaha, I wanted him to still be up kind of, come back like "what?", just so I can say good night :)06:46
=== draoidh [n=draoidh@vodsl-2201.vo.lu] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== pgquiles [n=pgquiles@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Knightlust [n=Dax@ubuntu/member/knightlust] has joined #kubuntu-devel
robotgeek  /away zzz07:44
=== viviersf [n=cain@gw.impilinux.co.za] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== tmske_ [n=thomas@dD5763506.access.telenet.be] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== glatzor [n=renate@p57AEE022.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== buz [n=buz@84-73-66-71.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Nightrose [n=lydia@port-87-234-149-196.dynamic.qsc.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== _StefanS_ [n=sfs@cpe.atm2-0-90156.0x5734b54a.naenxx14.customer.tele.dk] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Shely_ [n=Sea@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== TheInfinity [n=TheInfin@dslb-088-070-178-000.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== hunger_t [n=tobias@pd95b0676.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== hunger_t is now known as hunger
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@hoth.linagora.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_hey ;)09:45
Tonio_Riddell: doing the final tests for kdelibs and kdebase and uploading09:45
=== marseillai [n=mars@ubuntu/member/marseillai] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== allee [n=ach@lapex-mcallee.mpe.mpg.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== neversfelde|mobi [n=neversfe@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== raphink [i=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #kubuntu-devel
_StefanS_Tonio_: show me the money !!10:12
=== TheInfinity_ [n=TheInfin@dslb-088-070-189-060.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio__StefanS_: hehe10:22
_StefanS_Tonio_: so are you up for some hacking ? :)10:23
=== kouba159 [n=jaroslav@cisco-tresoft.tpc.cz] has joined #kubuntu-devel
_StefanS_Tonio_: or are you still just scratching your balls?10:25
Tonio__StefanS_: I'm just working no not available10:27
Tonio__StefanS_: probably toonight or tomorrow10:27
Tonio__StefanS_: btw I can have time at 1210:27
_StefanS_Tonio_: yep ok, atleast you're doing something :)10:27
Tonio_now in a couple of hours10:27
_StefanS_Tonio_: uhm I cant.. lets do it tonight10:27
Tonio__StefanS_: oki :)10:27
=== kouba159 [n=jaroslav@cisco-tresoft.tpc.cz] has left #kubuntu-devel []
_StefanS_Tonio_: does the latest patch still cause builderrors ??10:47
_StefanS_Tonio_:  in kdelibs i mean10:47
Tonio__StefanS_: according to hobbsee, yes it does10:47
Tonio__StefanS_: at least the second version of it.... dunno if you did something since then that I should test10:48
Tonio__StefanS_: I have to disconnect, brb10:48
=== jack_wyt_ [n=jack@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== apachelogger [n=me@N735P028.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== jpetso [n=jpetso@v213-022.vps.tuwien.ac.at] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Riddellnixternal: could you add the kubuntu meeting to fridge's calendar?11:01
=== mikkael [n=michael@p54B098B8.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== pgquiles [n=pgquiles@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== kwwii [n=kwwii@p54954AD4.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== _StefanS_ [n=sfs@cpe.atm2-0-90156.0x5734b54a.naenxx14.customer.tele.dk] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== rouzic [n=rouzic@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
_StefanS_Riddell: hey.. who decided upon speedcrunch in favor of kcalc?11:34
Riddell_StefanS_: me11:35
_StefanS_Riddell: I dont really see speedcrunch being any better. ? maybe there's something I dont know about it :)11:35
Riddellit has a history and is easier to do complex sums11:36
=== Triode [n=meremich@ALyon-257-1-25-243.w86-209.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Triode [n=meremich@ALyon-257-1-25-243.w86-209.abo.wanadoo.fr] has left #kubuntu-devel ["Kopete]
=== mikkael [n=michael@p54B098B8.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has left #kubuntu-devel ["Kopete]
_StefanS_Riddell: oh alright11:38
=== kouba159 [n=jaroslav@cisco-tresoft.tpc.cz] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@hoth.linagora.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
_StefanS_Tonio_: I wrote hobbsee asking about that build error11:42
=== kouba159 [n=jaroslav@cisco-tresoft.tpc.cz] has left #kubuntu-devel []
Tonio__StefanS_: oki ;)12:16
_StefanS_Riddell: sorry to bug you, but whats the easiest way to install kde4 alpha2 in gutsy?12:21
_StefanS_Riddell: is there a meta package or something ?12:21
Tonio_Riddell: packaging the latest speedcrunch12:28
Tonio_Riddell: kdelibs and kdebase uploaded12:29
Tonio_Riddell: didn't had any dep on kdelibs to kdebase cause it caused ftbfs ;)12:29
Tonio_Riddell: kdebase couldn't be build cause needing kdebase to be installed with kdelibs....12:30
Tonio_Riddell: wouldn't you like to have the sysinfo ioslave on kubuntu ?12:33
Tonio_Riddell: pretty nice imho12:33
_StefanS_Tonio_: I agree12:34
_StefanS_Tonio_: I wonder if there's a way to configure and make sure it displays most of the stuff correctly throughout different configurations12:34
Tonio__StefanS_: well it is by default on opensuse, so I assume it works on several plateforms correctly12:35
_StefanS_Tonio_: ah yep I see12:35
Tonio_Riddell: let me know if you're interested, I can build a package pretty quickly for this12:36
RiddellTonio_: apachelogger has been working on packaging it12:36
Riddelland is waiting for artwork as far as I know12:36
RiddellI'm not convinced an ioslave is the right place to put such information though12:36
Tonio_Riddell: hum, oki ;)12:36
Tonio_Riddell: a kcm extension would be nicer12:37
Tonio_I agree on that point12:37
=== apachelogger notes that the kde-apps kioslave is totally bloated
apacheloggerlike 300 information not working for everyone and totally useles12:39
Riddellapachelogger: you're using i386?  I presume captury compiled for you?12:41
Riddellapachelogger: it seems to need libcaptury compiled --with-pic to compile on my amd6412:42
apacheloggergotta do a packaging session this evening12:42
=== apachelogger puts libcaptury on the todo
apacheloggerisn't intel core duo 64bit capable?12:43
Riddellmight depend on the model12:43
apacheloggergoogle will know ^_^12:43
_StefanS_apachelogger: it is, although t5500 isn't12:44
apacheloggerarrsome ... 6400 here12:44
=== apachelogger also puts install 64bit kubuntu on the todo
RiddellI don't think intel core has em64t, only intel core 212:44
_StefanS_Riddell: right.12:45
apacheloggerwell, it's core212:45
_StefanS_apachelogger: 6400 has 64bit and vt tech12:45
Riddellapachelogger: you didn't say that12:45
_StefanS_apachelogger: http://www.intel.com/products/processor/core2duo/specifications.htm12:45
apacheloggerRiddell: yeah, I know, I suck :P12:45
Riddellapachelogger: you can just make a 64 bit chroot to test stuff rather than a whole install12:46
apacheloggergood point12:47
Riddell"This is a daily health check report on the Kubuntu CD images. No problems found!"  yay!12:47
RiddellI even managed to stop the DVD being oversized12:47
Tonio_Riddell: speedcrunch uploaded12:57
Tonio_Riddell: did you finally remove openoffice ? ^_^12:58
Riddellif only12:58
Tonio_Riddell: packaging kaffeine12:59
Tonio_Riddell: unless someone's already on this one12:59
Riddelldon't think so01:00
=== _StefanS_ wonders when openoffice is going to work again for gutsy..
_StefanS_or even acroread :)01:03
apacheloggerRiddell: for kio-sysinfo, shall I make it version 0.1 or next higher version of the suse release (since it's actually based on latest suse release)?01:04
Riddellwhat do you mean by "next higher version of the suse release"?01:06
=== sahin_w [n=KT@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
apacheloggersuse didn't versionize it at all01:10
Riddelloh, I see, Suse names it 10.3 etc01:10
Riddelltheir source tar is 10.301:10
apacheloggerwell, the source is actually older01:10
_StefanS_apachelogger: where is kio-sysinfo going to be linked in ? from the desktop?01:12
Riddell* Tue Jul 24 2007 - stbinner@suse.de01:12
Riddell- update of sysinfo:/ artwork and translations01:12
_StefanS_apachelogger: or the system menu?01:12
apachelogger_StefanS_: pardon?01:12
apacheloggerdidn't think about that at all yet01:13
Tonio_Riddell: the funny thing is that kaffeine and kmplayer are alays updated at the same period..... strange ;)01:13
Tonio_Riddell: I'll also package kmplayer today then01:13
apacheloggerRiddell: we don't use their artwork01:13
_StefanS_apachelogger: I dont think users can remember what to write in the url box..01:13
apacheloggerit is linked somewhere01:13
apacheloggerby default01:13
_StefanS_apachelogger: I think it would be nice to have it accesible through the system menu01:13
apacheloggerjust can't remember where01:13
apachelogger_StefanS_: you mean the k-menu?01:14
_StefanS_apachelogger: nawp.. the "System Menu", Menu of important system places01:14
_StefanS_apachelogger: it already has links to home, storage media, Remote places and so on01:15
=== apachelogger is wondering
apacheloggercan one add something there?01:15
=== apachelogger assumes it's desktop file based ... just like remote:/ is
_StefanS_apachelogger: donno :) - I was just thinking like it would like to access it01:15
Riddellit is01:15
=== apachelogger adds to todo
Riddellbut really most of the information would be best as a kcontrol module01:16
Riddellnot an ioslave01:16
_StefanS_Riddell: yes.. I dont know how much added value that sysinfo is going to add to kubuntu01:16
apacheloggerRiddell: ioslave is better themable I guess01:16
apachelogger_StefanS_: not much01:16
_StefanS_nope, I'm just thinking if it would confuse users instead..01:16
_StefanS_maybe it just adds to some of the ambiguity that we want to iron out..01:18
=== _StefanS_ is just thinking. It can be dangerous :)
_StefanS_to think I mean :D01:18
mhbgood afternoon01:18
_StefanS_hey mhb01:18
=== apachelogger_ [n=me@N778P024.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_Riddell: don't expect opensuse dev to use kcm, they don't use kcontrol, that's the point01:19
Tonio_Riddell: so it is either ioslave or yast thing01:19
=== RadiantFire [n=ryan@c-69-180-43-27.hsd1.ga.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
apachelogger_Tonio_: cause kcontrol sux01:21
apachelogger_big time01:21
apachelogger_Riddell: so, shall I make it 10.3.1 or 0.1?01:21
=== apachelogger_ is now known as apachelogger
Tonio_apachelogger: yes, but not kcm modules01:21
Riddellapachelogger: are you building the source tar from kdebase-SuSE?01:22
apacheloggerI stole the code01:23
apacheloggermodified it to work with kubuntu01:23
apacheloggeractually it's pretty generic right now01:23
_StefanS_apachelogger: why dont you download from the official site ? :)01:23
Riddellapachelogger: but stole it from where?01:23
apacheloggerthe src.rpm01:23
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #kubuntu-devel
apacheloggerextracted from their kdebase extensions01:24
_StefanS_apachelogger: http://jerrad.tuxfamily.org/kiosysinfo_eng.html01:24
Tonio_apachelogger: there is an official tarball...... is there any problem with it ?01:24
Riddellapachelogger: the source RPM is kdebase-SuSE no?01:24
apacheloggeri.e. kdebase-SuSE01:24
apacheloggerTonio_: where?01:24
_StefanS_I just built from the source, it works fine01:24
Riddellapachelogger: and kdebase-SUSE is version 10.3, so call yours 10.3ubuntu101:24
Tonio_apachelogger: lemme check01:24
_StefanS_Tonio_: http://jerrad.tuxfamily.org/kiosysinfo_eng.html01:24
apacheloggerthat's not official01:25
apacheloggerofficial = suse01:25
Tonio_apachelogger: http://jerrad.tuxfamily.org/kiosysinfo_eng.html01:25
Tonio__StefanS_: quicker than me.....01:25
apacheloggerthat's like not working everywhere01:25
Tonio_apachelogger: that's upstream webpage01:25
apacheloggerand actually providing too much information IMO01:25
_StefanS_err whatever :) - its the official one.01:25
=== apachelogger thinks the code changes to that source are quite strange
apacheloggerdiff it against https://code.launchpad.net/~apachelogger/kio-sysinfo/ubuntu01:26
Tonio_apachelogger: this is the place where you can download a tarball, so that we can review it correctly :)01:26
Riddell_StefanS_: that really isn't official01:26
Tonio_Riddell: hum oki01:27
RiddellTonio_: no, suse is the place you download the tar, that's a random person who's made some changes01:27
apacheloggernot even good ones01:27
Tonio_Riddell: but it is reworked to work with debian based distros afaicr no ?01:27
Tonio_Riddell: well oki, that's not my debate btw ;) I will not insist :)01:27
Riddellfrom his description he's just added some things01:27
apachelogger...a lot of things01:28
apacheloggeractually that source is really strange01:28
apacheloggeractualyl the whole sysinfo slave thing is really strange01:28
apacheloggerit's like every distro got it's own branch of that thingy01:28
apacheloggerand that guy collected all the changes and merged them01:28
apacheloggerthough now it's totally bloated IMO01:29
_StefanS_isn't it worth just improving kcontrol instead?01:29
apachelogger_StefanS_: ye wanna do that? ^_^01:29
Riddellmaking a decent replacement for kinfocentre would be best01:29
_StefanS_Riddell: just my point01:30
Riddellwhich might be a kc module or might be ksysguard improvements01:30
_StefanS_apachelogger: I didn't say we were in a perfect world :D01:30
_StefanS_humm, well I think since apachelogger finds it kinda bloated and its not totally needed, why use any more time on it? isn't there some other packages that we could improve / add instead?01:31
=== apachelogger can't remember
apacheloggerRiddell: I think I asked you already, when I started with sysinfo packaging ... shall I make it a patchset or actually provide a changed orig.tar.gz?01:31
=== buz [n=buz@84-73-66-71.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #kubuntu-devel
apacheloggersince I have to create the orig on my own anyway01:31
apachelogger_StefanS_: s/we/you could start to revu my packages :P01:32
Riddellapachelogger: what are you changing?01:32
Riddellapachelogger: if you make your own .orig ensure there's a scriptable way to remake it in future01:32
apacheloggerpython skills would be handy now ^_^01:33
=== apachelogger sticks with ruby though
_StefanS_apachelogger: I will be happy to review your packages :)01:33
apacheloggerRiddell: well, I had to adapt some informations since they were SUSE only .... like version string was fetched from /etc/suse-release01:34
apachelogger_StefanS_: http://aplg.kollide.net/packages.txt01:34
apacheloggerall with a URL should be recently updated or at least free for revu01:34
apachelogger_StefanS_: kcmnnview is actually alread uploaded ^_^01:34
Riddellapachelogger: that sounds like it should just be a patch01:38
apacheloggerRiddell: we also have to change the artwork01:39
apacheloggerwould be a binary patch then :S01:39
ScottKRiddell: What was teh gpg issue from Friday (something like I've done as much KDE4 as I can until we get a new gpg)?  Which gpg package and what version is needed?01:46
Riddellapachelogger: hmm, I can't seem to compile kdebase with captury, it complains about missing symbols (it needs -ldl and -lXfixes added and I can't work out how to convince it to add them)01:46
Riddellapachelogger: have you seen anything like that?01:46
RiddellScottK: gpgme, which I've merged from Debian now01:47
ScottKAh.  OK.01:47
apacheloggerRiddell: compiled perfectly fine for me, though capturing is not working right now, at least not for my intel chip01:47
=== mbiebl [n=michael@p549CE089.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
ScottKRiddell: There's a dependency issue, I'm pretty sure in the gpgme update.  Should I just file a bug or do you want to discuss (the required gnpug version is insufficient).01:57
=== rouzic [n=rouzic@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
RiddellScottK: looks fine here https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gpgme1.0/1.1.5-1ubuntu101:58
ScottKThe issue is libgpgme11 dep on gnupg (>= 1.4.6-2)01:59
ScottKThere's an entry in Gpgme/Changleog (not the main one) that says: " (parse_error): New arg SET_STATUS. Also detect it based on an ERROR status (gpg > 1.4.6)."02:01
ScottKThat leads me to believe that it'll likely be fine until you start trying to process errors.02:01
ScottKI was guessing your Friday comment was about gpgme so I did some looking into it over the weekend.02:02
Riddellwhen compiling gpgme it says..02:03
Riddell        GnuPG path:    /usr/bin/gpg02:03
Riddell        GnuPG version: 1.4.6, min. 1.3.002:03
=== ScottK2 [n=ScottK@ubuntu/member/scottk] has joined #kubuntu-devel
ScottKOK.  Then I guess either it's a changelog mistake or an upstream mistake.02:04
Riddellalso we have gnupg 1.4.6 anyway02:05
Riddellso we should be covered02:05
ScottKRight, but it's greater than 1.4.6 in the changelog02:05
ScottKThere is a 1.4.7 released, but not in Debian yet.02:05
Riddellhmm, fooey02:08
=== ScottK is now known as ScottK-laptop
=== ScottK2 is now known as ScottK
ScottKI don't know a good way to test this.02:09
Riddellwait and see if we start getting weird gpg behaviour in kmail?02:10
ScottKIf I had to bet between programmer wrote in the changelog "need version newer than X because Y function was added) and was wrong or programmer forgot to adjust the makefile before release, I'd bet on the latter.02:10
manchicken__ScottK: I didn't know about the "needs-packaging" bugs :)  I'm not really very skilled at packaging at all :)02:11
ScottKIn related news there is an outstanding CVE against gnupg 1.4.6 anyway (it doesn't look particularly scary as such things go) so we really want 1.4.7 anyway.02:11
ScottKmanchicken: Then now you know about them.02:12
manchickenYup.  I posted the bug and replied to the list.02:12
RiddellScottK: might be worth asking kees if he has any plans for that02:12
=== jjesse [n=jjesse@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Riddellhttp://kubuntu.org/~jriddell/tmp/seeds.jpg  seeds, in easy to understand diagram format :)02:17
apacheloggernow I'm boned02:17
apacheloggerRiddell: the suse source doesn't include COPYING files02:18
Riddellapachelogger: oh jings02:18
Riddellwell, add it in quietly yourself I guess02:18
=== apachelogger changes the orig-creating script
Riddellbest to add a get-orig-source: rule in debian/rules02:22
Riddellalthough then you have to play with Makefile syntax02:22
ScottKRiddell: No good on the security angle.  I double checked and the CVE is fixed in a Debian patch even though our upstream version is insufficient.02:22
=== marseillai_ [n=mars@AMarseille-156-1-157-213.w90-36.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #kubuntu-devel
apacheloggerRiddell: we should just make yet another distro branch, if arch and pardus can have one, we can as well :P02:24
=== rbrunhuber [n=Miranda@highway.mvi.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
apacheloggerRiddell: should the script also fetch the src.rpm?02:26
=== apachelogger has actually no clue how to implement that :P
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Riddellapachelogger: ideally yes, just use wget02:28
Riddelland define the version number somewhere as a variable that'll need to be updated02:29
apacheloggerok, that sounds managable :)02:29
HobbseeTonio_: i havent tried with stefan's patch02:30
apacheloggerahoy Hobbsee02:31
Hobbseeheya apachelogger02:33
apacheloggerwget doesn't support regexp?02:33
=== apachelogger thinks he just got too much coffee
Riddellregexp of what?02:36
apacheloggerRiddell: the src.rpm is kdebase3-SuSE-#{SUSEVERSION}-#{PACKAGEREVISION}.src.rpm, so I'd like to make the revision a regexp02:39
apacheloggerone just has to hand the version and the revision as arguments to the script02:39
Riddellapachelogger: you can use a wildcard if you're downloading from an ftp server02:39
apacheloggerit's http02:40
apacheloggerbut I think the arguments solution is a quite decent one02:40
Riddellsince http doesn't support listing files, there's no way wget can do wildcards or regexps on download URLs02:41
Riddellbut there will be ftp servers for suse02:41
apacheloggerthe officials usually lag like hell02:42
apacheloggergotta use a mirror02:42
=== jjesse_ [n=jjesse@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== stdin [i=stdin@unaffiliated/binary2k2] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== jjesse_ is now known as jjesse
apacheloggernow that was awkward02:59
=== rbrunhuber [n=Miranda@highway.mvi.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== buz [n=buz@84-73-66-71.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #kubuntu-devel
kwwiiRiddell: btw, when you need a pic for the release announcement, put some text on this: http://sinecera.de/water.jpeg03:23
Hobbseekwwii: pretty :)03:25
=== jjesse_ [n=jjesse@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
kwwiiHobbsee: thanks03:26
ryanakcakwwii: I like it too... tried submitting it for the digikam splash screen 'contest'?03:28
=== jjesse_ is now known as jjesse
ScottKQuestion from #ubuntu-motu that I'm sure someone here knows the answer to: [09:28]  <TheMuso> ScottK: Do you know if KDE .desktop files should also be valid to the desktop entry spec?03:29
kwwiiryanakca: nope, I don't tend to enter too many contests03:30
ryanakcaScottK: I believe so03:30
ryanakcakwwii: hehe03:30
kwwiiI see the contests as ways to draw in new people03:32
=== TheInfinity [n=TheInfin@pD950C57D.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
RiddellScottK: they should yes03:42
ScottKRiddell: Thanks.03:42
apacheloggerit builds again :D03:50
Riddellkwwii: is that any paticular swimming pool?03:51
kwwiiRiddell: actually, it is a pic of a muddy brownish river near where I live...I added the blue gradient with gimp03:54
ScottKRiddell: Should we just let the gpgme thing ride and see what happens?  Since it's an error reporting change that drives the alleged dependency, I'm concerned it might not show up frequently in regular use.03:55
RiddellScottK: I think we should keep an eye on error reports (and if debian gets the new gnupg packaged, sync that in)04:01
ScottKOK.  Let's go with that.04:01
HobbseeScottK: btw - the other suggestion for kmos - send him to the docteam.04:21
ScottKHmmm.  Shiny, evil, apparently helpful.  Go for it.04:21
HobbseeScottK: :)04:22
HobbseeScottK: nah, i wasnt going to blast him again until seeing the next bunch that he'd done wrong04:22
HobbseeScottK: cant be accused of targetting people, etc04:23
ScottKOK.  Well you shouldn't have long to wait.04:23
Hobbseethis is my logic, yes04:23
manchickenDo we have any debug packages for adept.04:27
manchickenI can't find any.04:27
=== apachelogger jumps in
apacheloggerHobbsee, Riddell, ScottK: ping04:36
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@hoth.linagora.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
apacheloggerScottK: so, I want to change the default arwork of kio-sysinfo... how to do that properly?04:37
apacheloggerchange the orig?04:37
ScottKI am SO not the person to ask that question.  Sorry.04:38
apacheloggerok ^_^04:38
apacheloggerLord Riddell!04:38
=== apachelogger considers starting to cry
HobbseeYou sent me a contentless ping.  This is a contentless pong.  Please provide a bit of information about what you want and I will respond when I am around.04:38
Hobbseeer, patch it.  use uuencode04:39
Tonio_tabs are back in konversation :/04:39
apacheloggerHobbsee: thanks, will try04:39
Tonio_Hobbsee: were there a consensus concerning the tabs ? I don't remember04:40
HobbseeTonio_: you said you'd change it, at least meeting.04:40
=== apachelogger moves back into the headache hole
Riddellapachelogger: as yet I havn't been offered a peer of the realm04:40
HobbseeTonio_: sho was bitching again, so i fixed it04:40
Tonio_Hobbsee: I said I'd discuss with konversation team to negociate this :)04:40
Tonio_Hobbsee: btw I was completly against changing the theme to the horrible default04:40
=== apachelogger probably needs new naming specs then
Riddellapachelogger: patching binary files is a pain, but diff -u --text then uuencode foo.diff foo.diff > foo.diff.uu and build-dep on sharutils should work04:41
HobbseeTonio_: please discuss ti with them again, then.04:41
ScottKTonio_: I put klamav on the agenda for the next Kubuntu meeting.  Will you be there?04:41
apacheloggerRiddell: I think this was the reason why the first turn was to do my own orig instead of patching :P04:42
Riddellapachelogger: so long as its made by the same script that should be ok04:43
apacheloggerRiddell: so I just can add the kubuntu artwork with the script?04:43
Riddellapachelogger: yes04:44
apacheloggerthat sounds far more reasonable :D04:44
Tonio_ScottK: I'll be there04:46
Tonio_Hobbsee: I just don't see the point in one upstream always compaining about changing default settings....04:48
Tonio_Hobbsee: I can understand concerning the tabs, but about the theme......04:48
Tonio_Hobbsee: not any distro should ship with a efualt theme for kde then.... doesn't make sense04:48
Tonio_can you imaging if all kde upstream where as sensitive on that point than konversation devs are ?04:49
HobbseeTonio_: i'd love to thump them with a large brick, yes, but i also think that them putting a message on their homepage about how kubuntu sucks, as well as dragging all our names thru the mud to all the other developers isnt an optimum solution either.04:50
Tonio_Hobbsee: I'll ping them, and will try to negociate a bit04:51
=== mbiebl [n=michael@p549CD73C.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Riddellel did recommend keeping the tabs at the side04:53
=== pgquiles [n=pgquiles@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_Hobbsee: if we cannot implement things, there is no point making a distro, let's just provide everything by default, and one distro does the trick....04:53
Tonio_Riddell: I know, as well as the theme04:54
Tonio_Riddell: she agreed that the defualt theme is unreadable for a human beeing04:54
HobbseeTonio_: okay, please do04:54
Tonio_Riddell: having icons with O for operator and V for voice, that just makes sense04:54
Tonio_Hobbsee: I'll ping sho, try to negociate04:54
=== Hobbsee thougth he had agreed on this last meeting though. oh well.
HobbseeTonio_: good luck04:54
Tonio_Hobbsee: at least try to get a compromise04:54
HobbseeTonio_: people keep filing bugs upstream about the tree view, etc, and it not looking like the rest of kde04:55
Tonio_Hobbsee: I know, but EVERY opensource upstream has this problem of people complaining about distro bugs complaining04:55
Tonio_Hobbsee: if you don't want that, don't do opensource softwares....04:56
HobbseeTonio_: you're free to revert my change, speak to konvi debs, hit them with a brick, whatever.04:56
Tonio_Hobbsee: I would accept removing tabs, although that sounds stupid for people using lots of channels04:56
Tonio_Hobbsee: but the theme just sucks as hell04:57
HobbseeTonio_: if people hate it, they change04:57
Tonio_Hobbsee: yes04:57
Hobbseethis is kde, remember?  not gnome04:57
Tonio_Hobbsee: and they also can change OUR default preference :)04:57
Tonio_Hobbsee: that's the point04:57
Tonio_they can have the tabs back, and the stupid theme back04:57
Tonio_and that's the purpose of a distro, providing a specific implementation of free softwares....04:58
Tonio_that's why I don't accept upstream complaning about us changing the default04:58
Tonio_I don't see why we shouldn't set by default an option THEY coded04:58
Tonio_if the tree view sucks, they are free to remove it from the code right ? ;)04:58
Hobbseei never said they were logical..  :P04:59
Tonio_Hobbsee: I'll go toonight and discuss with them, cause this is really..... annoying (to stay polite)04:59
Tonio_also el agrees with us, that's a good point05:00
Tonio_Hobbsee: where did sho complained again05:01
HobbseeTonio_: #Konversation05:01
=== Hobbsee got highlighted.
=== Hobbsee ponders falling asleep on her keyboard
Tonio_Hobbsee: can you send me the log please ? that would be nice05:02
HobbseeTonio_: tomorrow.05:02
=== Hobbsee is seriously almsot asleep
Tonio_oki ;)05:03
Tonio_Hobbsee: go sleep05:03
=== Hobbsee falls asleep on Tonio_'s shoulder then.
Hobbseeif i'm to sleep in bed, it requires first gettign the stuff *off* the bed, and such.05:03
=== apachelogger probably should get a bed at some point
Tonio_Hobbsee: hehe05:09
apacheloggerRiddell: gentoo uses x86 emulation libs on amd64 for captury ... anything similar we can do?05:19
Riddellemulation libs?05:22
apacheloggerno idea what that is05:22
=== apachelogger reads more ebuilds
apacheloggerDESCRIPTION="X11R6 libraries for emulation of 32bit x86 on amd64"05:23
apacheloggerlooks like they are binaries compiled on x86 for use on amd6405:24
=== OculusAquilae [n=bastian@pD9509C22.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
apacheloggerRiddell: is it possible to enforce the usage of i368 libs on amd64?05:26
=== PhinnFort [n=martin@unaffiliated/phinnfort] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Riddellyou could build-dep on ia32-libs but meh, ugly05:28
Riddellwhy doesn't it work on amd64?05:28
RiddellI got it compiling at least :)05:28
PhinnFortwhy isn't KDM configured properly to use the right boot manager, so it can select which OS to boot on next boot-up?05:29
PhinnFort(boot overload)05:29
PhinnFortby default05:29
=== maniacmusician_ [n=maniacmu@24-151-1-004.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
PhinnFortkcontrol -> system administration -> Login Manager -> Shutdown05:30
RiddellPhinnFort: can't say I've ever noticed that before05:31
Riddellshould be easy enough to set though05:31
apacheloggerPhinnFort: that doesn't work05:32
PhinnFortRiddell: I remembered I had it in an old version of Mandrake, so I asked in #kde05:32
PhinnFortapachelogger: huh?05:32
apacheloggerthis option is way tooo old05:32
apacheloggerthe feature got removed in GRUB05:32
apacheloggersuse for example still patches it in05:32
PhinnFortapachelogger: I thought it modified the menu.lst05:32
PhinnFortmaybe either patch away the config option, or patch grub, then05:32
apacheloggerwithout write access to that file?!05:32
apacheloggerI think actualyl that's the reason why they removed it05:33
apacheloggersecurity issue blah blah05:33
PhinnFortapachelogger: KDM runs with root privileges, doesn't it?05:33
PhinnFortroot      8145  0.0  0.0  19748   372 ?        Ss   16:01   0:00 /usr/bin/kdm05:33
apacheloggerdoesn't change the security issue05:33
PhinnFortwell, it already has write access to any file you can think of05:33
apacheloggerRiddell: upstream dev told me something about the 64bit thing, can't remember though... but I think it had something to do with the fact that the app is meant for recroding games and most games are precompiled 32bit binaries or something like that... gotta look for a log05:34
PhinnFortso I can't see how this would add any security risks05:34
PhinnFort(since it's so old, and therefore tested)05:34
apacheloggerthen windows must be top secure05:35
PhinnFortapachelogger: well, win2k is getting pretty secure05:35
PhinnFortapachelogger: top secure, if you like;)05:35
apacheloggerPhinnFort: so you use Hoary?05:35
PhinnFortI'm on Edgy/switching to Arch05:36
PhinnFort(all these names...)05:36
apacheloggerso your KDM is not old05:36
PhinnFortapachelogger: you said the option is old05:36
apacheloggerthat does mean exactly no-thing05:36
PhinnForttherefore the code supporting it should be old, and tested05:37
apacheloggertotally wrong place to discuss05:37
apacheloggerAFAIK it's not supported by ubuntu grub05:37
apacheloggerso visit #ubuntu-devel05:37
PhinnFortI will just try it first05:37
=== PaToCcHiA [n=GiNgOMma@80-218-158-164.dclient.hispeed.ch] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== PaToCcHiA [n=GiNgOMma@80-218-158-164.dclient.hispeed.ch] has left #kubuntu-devel []
apacheloggerRiddell: gentoo is compiling with 32bit and 64bit libs, so that one can record 32bit apps (such as emulated by wine/cedega) and native 64bit applications05:41
apacheloggeronly if arch is amd64 of course05:41
Riddellmm, right05:43
=== jpetso [n=jpetso@v213-022.vps.tuwien.ac.at] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_Riddell: I prefer to tell it to you right now.....05:51
Tonio_Riddell: I uploaded my beta kdebluetooth package by error...05:51
Tonio_Riddell: seems that as long as it is not in new, nobody can drop it....05:52
Tonio_Riddell: bash_history is dangerous sometimes....05:52
Tonio_Riddell: sorry for this..... first time this happens to me...05:52
Tonio_Riddell: hopefully it wopn't build because it has a universe builddep.....05:54
Tonio_then I'll ask someone to drop this one05:54
manchickenTonio_: I'll be using bluetooth soon :)05:55
manchickenTonio_: My new lappy has it... so as soon as it shows up, I'll be able to sync my phone via bluetooth.05:56
Tonio_manchicken: great :)05:56
=== Stecchino [n=bart@d54C56F83.access.telenet.be] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== neversfelde|mobi [n=neversfe@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
RiddellTonio_: uh oh06:02
=== morphir [n=morphir@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_Riddell: yeah..... sorry for this...06:04
Tonio_Riddell: btw, it looks pretty usable now, so that might be the opportunity to test it widelly :)06:04
apacheloggermy revu bookmark folder is exploding06:09
apacheloggerRiddell, ScottK: http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=624606:09
ScottKapachelogger: Not reviewing today.  Suggest you ask on #ubuntu-motu.06:09
apacheloggerit doesn't get done anyway :P06:10
=== neversfelde|mobi [n=neversfe@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@hoth.linagora.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== Oculus [n=bastian@pD9509C22.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
ryanakcakwwii: any artwork stuff needing doing? C++ isn't working out too well for me :)06:21
apacheloggerScottK: fixed the typo -> http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=6248 -> please adovcate :)06:24
=== ScottK looks.
Tonio_allee: ping ?06:24
ScottKapachelogger: Done06:25
apacheloggerScottK: thx06:25
ScottKNo problem.  Thank you for contributing.06:25
Tonio_Riddell: upload has been rejected :)06:30
Tonio_Riddell: for once, that's cool :)06:30
nixternalRiddell: added the meeting to the fridge06:32
nixternalso what is on the agenda for today?06:32
Riddelltoday?  wednesday I hope06:32
nixternalbut what is on today's agenda for Kubuntu development :)06:33
=== pgquiles_ [n=pgquiles@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Tonio_Riddell: I'll prepare valid packages for tomorrow, so that we can ask people to test06:35
Tonio_Riddell: I'll like to release gutsy with this06:36
ScottKnixternal: How about try to generate pgp errors with the new KDE4 packages and see if pgpme dies in mysterious horrible ways.06:37
nixternalOK, I need to install Kubuntu on my other system for that as I am using the KDE 4 from SVN on this machine06:40
=== lontra [n=lontra@c-75-72-235-37.hsd1.mn.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
kwwiiryanakca: we need to do the sysinfo stuff still if you are intersted06:51
kwwiiand we need to get the website done as well06:51
ScottKnixternal: As long as you have the Ubuntu gpgme, it should be fine.06:51
ryanakcakwwii: sysinfo being KInfoCenter?07:05
=== Dinofly [n=dinofly@mar92-13-88-165-255-149.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
lontrawhat's the status of kickoff for gutsy?07:07
=== mbiebl [n=michael@p549CD73C.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
nixternalthere is the beginning of what I envision as the new index for Kubuntu help07:21
nixternaland that is done in DocBook/XML, so that makes translations a breeze07:21
lontrawhy does upgrading from feisty -> gutsy want to remove knetworkmanager?07:24
gnomefreakbecause its not in gutsy07:27
gnomefreaklontra: maybe renamed07:28
lontragnomefreak: but it doesn't install network-manager-kde instead ... it just removes knetworkmanager07:28
gnomefreaki dont have it installed on gutsy07:29
lontrabut that just removes knetworkmanager and doesn't install the replacement ... do you know what i mean?07:29
gnomefreaklontra: just let it do what its doing, you are upgrading to a release that is unstable please expect breakage, however if you let it finish what its doing you should be fine07:30
lontragnomefreak: yeah i just installed network-manager-kde after it finished.  i know it's in development but my hardware doesn't work in feisty and it works in out of the box in gutsy and debian unstable07:31
=== keyes_ [n=keyes@easyubuntu/keyes] has joined #kubuntu-devel
gnomefreaklontra: why did you install network-manager-kde? just wondering07:32
=== gnomefreak gonna assume that is not default since you had a net connection to install it with
lontragnomefreak: cause knetworkmanager was asked for removal after upgrading from feisty -> gutsy so i installed  network-manager-kde which is knetworkmanager07:34
keyes_I'm writing a KDE GUI for my Ubuntu SOC project (an encryped folder manager) (it currently have a CLI and a GTK GUI) and i've some questions07:34
keyes_- must i wrote it in QT3 or 4 ?07:34
keyes_- is there any way to wrote a Konqueror extension (add menu entries etc) in Python07:35
fdovingi'd suggest using qt4.07:35
keyes_fdoving, ok, but what about KDElibs ?07:35
fdovingyou can add menu-entries to konqueror with simple .desktop files, no need for a programming language.07:35
keyes_ok for Konqueror07:36
fdovingkeyes_: if you don't aim for kubuntu main at this time, it's not a problem to build-depend on kde4 kdelibs.07:36
keyes_KDElibs 4 are frozen ?07:37
fdovingnot sure.. but no big changes i guess.07:37
fdovingfor a simple gui it shouldn't matter much anyway. it's not like they will rewrite huge parts.07:38
keyes_the goal is to be included in Universe for the next Ubuntu / Kubuntu release07:38
fdovingkeyes_: then go for kde4.07:38
keyes_must I install gutsy or packages are available on feisty ?07:39
fdovingfor kde4?07:39
fdovingthose are a little bit old though.07:39
keyes_nice :)07:40
fdovingbut i belive the libs will be usable.07:40
keyes_I'm not a KDE user, is it easy to add some actions to Konqueror like "execute this when entering in a folder" ?07:41
fdovingnot as i'm aware.07:41
nixternalwow, I just noticed that Kubuntu from KDM login to desktop is insanely fast all of a sudden..less than 5 seconds and I am prompted with my Kontact password07:42
nixternalbefore it was like 10+ seconds07:42
fdovingnixternal: i switched to the 'Simple' splash, and i'm in instantly.07:43
nixternalI have a moodin customized splash I did and it is crazy fast07:43
fdovingcool :)07:44
fdovingso.. dolphins isoservice.desktop is broken, even when i fix it it doesn't work. guess it should just be patched away.07:46
=== elcuco [n=elcuco@bzq-88-153-1-66.red.bezeqint.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
ryanakcanixternal: cool :)07:50
nixternalwhat is that?07:50
jjesseis that the new index?  i love it07:50
=== lontra [n=lontra@c-75-72-235-37.hsd1.mn.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
nixternaljjesse: yes...needs some work, but it is a good start07:52
nixternaland a real pita to get going as well07:52
=== lontra [n=lontra@c-75-72-235-37.hsd1.mn.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== _StefanS_ [n=sfs@ubuntu/member/stefans/x-00001] has joined #kubuntu-devel
fdovingnixternal: that index is nice. great work.08:02
nixternalthanks...trying to think about what else to add...need a list of the hottest questions asked for Kubuntu...I am going through the kubuntu-users list as well as the Kubuntu Forums08:03
nixternalalso going to add quick links to some stuff...like a link that will automatically fire Konversation so a new user can connect directly to #kubuntu for help08:04
=== glatzor [n=renate@p57AEE022.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
fdovingthat will rock :)08:05
fdovingany main uploaders around?08:11
fdovingRiddell: around? - i have a modified dolphin package ready for upload. Removed the isoservice.desktop servicemenu file from the installed package, as the syntax of the file is incorrect and if i fix it it doesn't do anything.08:14
ryanakcanixternal: look around in #ubuntu-meta... log in and then grep it for any #kubuntu questions08:16
ryanakcas/log in/log it/g08:17
=== _czessi [n=Czessi@dslb-088-073-000-086.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== lontra [n=lontra@c-75-72-235-37.hsd1.mn.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
ryanakcanixternal: yeah, the bot pastes questions that have been unanswered for 5 minutes08:22
nixternalahh, pastes them from where?08:23
ryanakca#ubuntu , #ubuntu+1 , #kubuntu ... and I think that's it08:23
fdovingRiddell: the dolphin package is at http://ubuntu.lnix.net/archive/gutsy/ if you want it.08:25
ryanakcanixternal: http://pastebin.ca/63961708:25
jjessethat's really cool08:47
nixternalwhoa, heck ya that is cool08:48
=== sahin_h [n=ezaz@dsl5400DBC6.pool.t-online.hu] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== never|mobi [n=neversfe@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== maniacmusician_ [n=maniacmu@24-151-1-004.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== apachelogger_ [n=me@N960P024.adsl.highway.telekom.at] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== apachelogger_ is now known as apachelogger
=== hunger [n=tobias@p54A723C7.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== superstoned [n=supersto@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== alesan [n=alesan@pD9E5AB88.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #kubuntu-devel
alesando you have an idea where I can get the isolinux "bootlogo" source?10:17
alesanor if there is a way to go back from that format to a format like png or similar?10:18
=== lontra [n=lontra@c-75-72-235-37.hsd1.mn.comcast.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
lontrais the icon launch effect a patch that's in debian now?10:24
=== tmske_ [n=thomas@dD5763506.access.telenet.be] has joined #kubuntu-devel
=== neversfelde|mobi [n=neversfe@] has joined #kubuntu-devel
Riddellalesan: it's gfxboot I think10:54
alesanRiddell, mh could you tell me a bit more?10:54
Riddellnope, that's all I know10:54
alesanbut I am talking about the livecd... it should use isolinux, not grub or other bootloaders10:55
=== Dinofly [n=dinofly@mar92-13-88-165-255-149.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #kubuntu-devel
kwwiiit is gfxboot and while that is mysterious spooky stuff it is the best choice11:03
kwwiiI made the graphics for it if that is what you mean11:03
kwwiiatually, one of the features of gfxboot is that it allows as many colors as the usplash does11:03
kwwiilol, actually it support more in almost all cases :p11:03
kwwiialesan: http://sinecera.de/kusplash_feisty_idea2b.svg is the svg that I made the graphics from if you are interested in that11:04
alesanand it works on isolinux also?11:06
alesanI am talking about the first menu on the livecd, the one that prompts to start ubuntu or memtestx86 etc11:07
nixternalthat is beautiful11:19
Nightrosehehe nixternal tell nikolaj and the rest11:22
nixternalmy god, that is the sexiest thing I have seen on a desktop11:22
Nightrosewe appreciate it11:22
Nightroseapachelogger ^^ note that quote *g*11:22
=== apachelogger notes
apacheloggernixternal: now that's a quote :D11:24
ryanakcanixternal: that's awesome... KDE4 though?11:26
nixternalI can't tell if that is the oxygen theme or the qtwhatever it is called theme11:26
nixternalactually, that is plastik..but the buttons and what not11:27
nixternalso I am guessing it is oxygen11:27
apacheloggeryeah, it's oxygen11:27
apacheloggeryou can see the background fading11:27
apacheloggerfrom white to greyish11:27
alesanwhat are yuo talking about?11:28
nixternaloh ya11:28
nixternalI don't know if I like the Oxygen text boxes just yet11:29
Nightrosenixternal: it's really good to hear people say good things about the new amarok course there are a lot of people complaining (as always)11:29
Nightroseafraid of new things and so on11:29
nixternalpeople who complain I don't understand11:29
apacheloggernixternal: the oxygen style is currently getting totally redone11:30
apacheloggerlooks already a lot smoother IMO11:30
nixternalI like everything else about it so far...that was just the first time I noticed those text boxes11:31
=== pgquiles__ [n=pgquiles@] has joined #kubuntu-devel

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!