=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pdpc.supporter.student.PriceChild] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== alex-weej [n=alex@cpc2-darl3-0-0-cust237.midd.cable.ntl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lamont pauses to consider why debian has udev_0.113-2 and gutsy has udev_113-0ubuntu6
wasabiheh. nice.12:26
wasabiLooks like scott did it. =)12:27
wasabi2 years ago heh12:27
=== RadiantFire [n=ryan@c-69-180-43-27.hsd1.ga.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== RAOF [n=chris@123-243-65-41.tpgi.com.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== vlowther [n=vlowther@adsl-75-55-115-198.dsl.austtx.sbcglobal.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== doko_ [n=doko@dslb-088-073-086-139.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== RadiantFire_ [n=ryan@upstream/dev/RadiantFire] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== RadiantFire [n=ryan@c-69-180-43-27.hsd1.ga.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ryu2 [n=chris@unaffiliated/ryu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ryu2 is now known as ryu
=== mpt [n=mpt@121-72-136-247.dsl.telstraclear.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Burgundavia [n=corey@ubuntu/member/burgundavia] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Kmos [n=gothicx@unaffiliated/kmos] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Amaranth [n=travis@ubuntu/member/Amaranth] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== bluefoxicy [n=bluefox@c-68-33-112-13.hsd1.md.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sharms [n=sharms@ubuntu/member/sharms] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jgoss_ [n=josh@unaffiliated/jgoss] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jgoss [n=josh@unaffiliated/jgoss] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Talaman72 [n=sparkly@66-215-57-61.dhcp.gvrb.ca.charter.com] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Leaving"]
=== Knightlust [n=umaming@ubuntu/member/knightlust] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== calc finally was able to watch transformers, it was kewl! :)
=== jack_wyt [n=jack@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jml [n=jml@203-113-250-169-static.TAS.netspace.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cynics [n=cynics@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
RAOFGuest starring the Autobots!02:23
=== visik7 [n=dksakd@unaffiliated/visik7] has joined #ubuntu-devel
visik7how can I browse code for a specific package in bzr ?02:31
visik7I can't find it on launchpad02:31
visik7I'm here https://launchpad.net/hal02:31
visik7but I can't find something like svnweb or cvsweb or gitweb02:32
visik7where is bzrweb ?02:32
=== minghua [n=minghua@ubuntu/member/minghua] has joined #ubuntu-devel
visik7without downloading it from packages.ubuntu.com02:33
visik7ok I found it02:33
=== jml_ [n=jml@203-113-250-169-static.TAS.netspace.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jml [n=jml@203-113-250-169-static.TAS.netspace.net.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== gr8whitesavage [n=savag3@ip68-227-221-138.dc.dc.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lmveloso [n=lmveloso@200-193-152-9.mganm702.dsl.brasiltelecom.net.br] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ScottLij [n=scott@24-180-196-49.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jml_ [n=jml@ppp121-44-217-216.lns1.hba1.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== gr8whitesavage [n=savag3@ip68-227-221-138.dc.dc.cox.net] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Leaving"]
=== poningru [n=poningru@ip72-209-65-174.ga.at.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mrsno [n=mrsno@cpc3-blfs6-0-0-cust294.belf.cable.ntl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== minghua [n=minghua@ubuntu/member/minghua] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== RAOF_ [n=Chris_@matht464.maths.unsw.edu.au] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== lemsx1 [n=lemsx1@p86-65.acedsl.com] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== shaya [n=spotter@user-0ccetj5.cable.mindspring.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== vlowther [n=vlowther@adsl-75-55-115-198.dsl.austtx.sbcglobal.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jetscreamer [n=jetscrea@unaffiliated/jetscreamer] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== maniacmusician [n=maniacmu@24-151-1-004.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hunger_t [n=tobias@p54A723C7.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== xtknight [n=xtknight@c-68-43-120-159.hsd1.mi.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== _Apex is now known as Apex
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jsgotangco [n=JSG@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jetscreamer [n=jetscrea@unaffiliated/jetscreamer] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== micahcowan [n=micah@ubuntu/member/micahcowan] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Jedusor [n=Jedusor@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
RAOF_Doing that in new and different channels now :)05:56
=== ajmitch is sure he has it scripted
StevenKinfinity: Ping, re: libnss-db again05:58
infinityStevenK: I know I shouldn't pong unless I'm prepared to respond immediately, but I can't resist the little purple number in irssi.06:00
infinityStevenK: I'm trying to make time to look at it today (it's even flagged in my mail client), but I'm also trying to get lpia to the point where it can be debootstrapped. :)06:01
StevenKinfinity: Ahh, but since I've uploaded libapache2-mod-auth-p{lain,am}, as soon as libnss-db is published, yada can be kicked back to universe.06:02
StevenKinfinity: Surely that's a good incentive? :-)06:03
infinityStevenK: Yeah, I noticed that. :)06:03
=== ScottK [n=ScottK@ubuntu/member/scottk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jml [n=jml@ppp121-44-217-216.lns1.hba1.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKinfinity: Do you have time to do two givebacks for me? :-)06:06
ajmitchStevenK: best news I've heard for awhile (yada in universe)06:13
StevenKajmitch: Almost. :-)06:15
ajmitchnow what's needed to be able to drop it from the archive entirely?06:15
StevenKThe 24 odd packages in universe to stop using it.06:15
ajmitchI'm sure noone will miss them06:16
Amarantherr, the rdepends only show yada-doc06:16
HobbseeAmaranth: that'd be because packages build-dep on yada06:17
HobbseeAmaranth: apt-cache show yada06:17
StevenK*Build-Depends* not Depends06:17
Amaranthoh, that's evil06:17
StevenKJust try using it, it's like .spec files for Debian06:18
StevenKAnd the Maintainer of it is convinced that yada can do no wrong - mainly because he wrote it.06:18
ajmitchdescribing it as .spec files, so true & so evil06:19
ajmitchthough I know they're popular & have their uses, I never grew to like them06:19
Amaranthit'd be cooler if it actually worked with .spec files06:20
ajmitchno, because then you'd just have alien, creating mutant .debs06:20
=== StevenK kicks Sunbird for being a PoS
ajmitchthere are some important differences between RH-like & debian-like systems for packages06:21
infinityStevenK: Of course.06:38
infinityStevenK: Of course, I can't give anything back unless you tell me what. :P06:40
Hobbseeinfinity: the whole world will do06:40
StevenKinfinity: Sorry, I was afk. Can you please give-back gabber on all arches, and glade-3 on ia64 and sparc.06:41
infinityHobbsee: I'm not going to do any mass-give-backs until after lpia is bootstrapped.06:42
Hobbseeinfinity: awww.  no fun :)06:42
infinityStevenK: What's the magic word?06:44
StevenKinfinity: I did say please. :-)06:44
infinityStevenK: The magic word is "now", not I suppose I can cope with politenes..06:45
infinityAs in, "give these back, NOW"06:45
infinity"slave" also works.06:45
StevenKThat strikes me as rude, not polite. :-)06:45
HobbseeStevenK: but infinity may like it, so...06:46
infinityOh, the parse error was s/not/but/06:46
infinityMy bad.06:46
infinityI'm having some brain::finger disconnects today.06:46
StevenKToday? :-P06:46
elkbuntuStevenK, see how far you can go. oil the whip :)06:47
infinityI've been checking every package in main for special-casing of i386, I'm going cross-eyed.06:47
StevenKHeh, ouch06:47
infinityFinished up all of Required, Important is next...06:47
infinityThen Standard and Build-Essential.06:47
infinityThen I beg someone else to do Optional while I go sob in the corner in the foetal position.06:48
StevenKinfinity: sejong is showing NOT OK : <socket.timeout instance at 0x2aaab2ba1710> (AUTO), too06:48
infinityStevenK: sejong hates me.06:48
StevenKI thought it hated everyone?06:48
infinityNo, it hates me specifically.06:48
infinityIt just takes it out on you guys.06:48
infinityCrashed building glibc.  WHAT A SHOCK.06:49
infinityBenC: I'll give you hookers and beer if you can provide me with a stable kernel for my sparc buildds.06:49
infinityBenC: Unlimited supplies.06:49
=== infinity hits the remote power.
=== keyes [n=keyes@easyubuntu/keyes] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== StevenK waits for the buildds to trip over themselves building gabber
infinityOkay, I really am not awake...06:53
infinityThis confused me for a full 30 seconds:06:53
infinityadconrad@drescher:~$ sudo su - buildd06:53
infinity(There's no buildd user on drescher)06:54
=== draoidh [n=draoidh@vodsl-2201.vo.lu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
infinityHrm, I wonder if I can recruit MOTU manpower for https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileAndEmbedded/Bootstrap/06:56
=== BaD_TnT [n=ns@c-71-231-214-232.hsd1.or.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseeinfinity: there's got to be a way you can automate that....?06:58
infinityHobbsee: Sort of, but not really.06:59
infinityHobbsee: The bits mentioned in the wiki could be checked for, but I give a once-over to debian/rules to make sure people aren't doing cute and clever things, etc.06:59
infinityHobbsee: It needs people who have A) a deep understanding of packaging software, and B) can read very quickly. :P06:59
Hobbseeheh :)07:00
infinitySo far, the intersection of those two traits appears to be... Me.07:00
infinityWhich is less than ideal. :)07:00
infinityOh well, off to apt-get source all of Important.07:01
=== nags [n=nags@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
infinityI'm offended that I now have to use "-y" with "apt-get source" thanks to the new "OMG, REVISION CONTROL, ARE YOU SURE?!" feature...07:05
=== pitti [n=pitti@ubuntu/member/pitti] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKMorning pitti07:08
infinityGuten Tag, pitti.07:08
Hobbseehiya pitti07:10
infinitypitti: Up early, aren't you?07:11
StevenKBwahaha, gabber finally succeeded to build.07:12
infinityStevenK: If that was in error, I can reject the binaries. :P07:12
infinityStevenK: I wouldn't want your worldview shattered.07:13
StevenKinfinity: It involved fixing 3 seperate Gnome 1.x packages to not use libdb3. I don't want to think that pain was for nothing. :-)07:14
pittiGood morning everyone07:14
pittiinfinity: slightly, yes; hayfever didn't let me sleep any more07:14
infinitypitti: :(07:14
pittibut I went to bed early, so that's ok :)07:15
infinitypitti: I feel your pain, though.  I slept about 2 hours last night before I decided to just get up and work at 6am.07:15
pittitwo hours? erk, that sucks07:15
sbalneavNight all07:17
Hobbseeoh darn.  i'm out of tuna.07:21
Hobbseeno more tuna for hobbsee's :(07:24
=== Knightlust [n=Dax@ubuntu/member/knightlust] has joined #ubuntu-devel
TheMusoSalmon is a good substitute.07:24
Hobbseedont have any of that either.07:26
Burgundaviasalmon has the issue of travelling an obscene distance to Aus07:27
StevenKpitti: Do you mind ripping out the kernel stuff from NBS? :-)07:28
infinityI have the technology to do that.07:29
StevenKI'm unsure if the new kernels have passed NEW yet.07:29
infinityI also have that technology. :P07:29
pittiStevenK: I NEWed kernels yesterday07:30
pittiStevenK: except for lrm which FTBFSed partially07:30
infinityOh, he's alive enough to respond.07:31
infinitypitti: I'll let you play ftpmaster, then. :)07:31
infinity(Ws just looking for an excuse to avoid lpia for a few minutes, to be honest)07:31
StevenKinfinity: I figured that. :-)07:31
StevenKinfinity: If you want to avoid lpia for a few minutes, look at libnss-db. :-P07:32
infinityWhat I really need to do is hate on soyuz for a bit.07:32
infinityManually scheduling all these builds is driving me mad.07:32
infinityThe problem with hating on soyuz is that it leads to hacking on soyuz...07:33
Hobbseeinfinity: this is beneficial - makes you avoid lpia, of course07:34
infinityOn balance, I think I'm better off just getting all of lpia built.07:36
infinityThen I can quietly slink off somewhere and strangle myself.07:36
pittiStevenK: I won't NBS the kernel before lrm is sorted out and linux-meta points to -9.07:40
pittiStevenK: no need to deliberately break the daily CDs07:40
StevenKpitti: Fair enough.07:41
=== infinity glares at his lpia chroot...
StevenKpitti: libapache-mod-auth-radius and liberis-1.3-11-dbg can NBS'd at your leisure.07:41
pittiStevenK: thanks, done07:43
StevenKpitti: Thanks.07:43
StevenKpitti: libgladeui-1-6 should also be able to be killed in a few hours.07:43
StevenKpitti: But not yet. :-)07:43
pittiStevenK: you really fell in love with cleaning the house, didn't you? :-)07:45
=== pitti hugs StevenK
StevenKCleaning the archive is much nicer. :-)07:47
=== viviersf [n=cain@gw.impilinux.co.za] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== IntuitiveNipple [n=TJ@alexandros.tjworld.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== glatzor [n=renate@p57AEE022.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== keyes [n=keyes@easyubuntu/keyes] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pitti tries fully automatic printer detection and installation and is impressed
Burgundaviapitti: the only bit that sucks is that g-c-m has a much nicer UI08:32
Dessanworks decently well, however it thought my printer could only print post cards...08:33
DessanThat I wasn't so happy about.08:33
pittiBurgundavia: I agree08:33
pittiBurgundavia: and that's my (only) major concern about s-c-p; it's UI is horribly complicated08:33
BurgundaviaDessan: bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug08:34
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Burgundaviapitti: the UI hasn't changed since FC208:35
=== thekorn [n=thekorn@a89-182-79-98.net-htp.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Zic_ [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Zic__ [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Zic__ [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== carlos [n=carlos@canonical/launchpad/carlos] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Shely_ [n=Sea@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hunger_t [n=tobias@pd95b0676.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mvo [n=egon@p54A67551.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittihey mvo09:13
=== gicmo_ [n=gicmo@p5491CD4A.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mvogood morning pitti09:22
pittimvo: WDYT about SRU verification of bug 112803? I don't know how to reproduce the situation easily09:22
ubotuLaunchpad bug 112803 in dbus "MASTER [Feisty]  cupsd leaking file descriptors (was: Multiple jobs are not printed)" [High,Fix released]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11280309:22
pittimvo: I reproduced it by hacking the dbus code only09:23
pittimvo: but there have been confirmations that it works now, and the patch is obvious09:23
mvopitti: checking now, but if you reproduced it earlier and can no longer with the new version I think it will be fine (but let me test if install/removal work) before moving to -updates09:24
pittimvo: yeah, I reproduced the fd leak in cupsd and verified that it was fixed with the new libdbus09:25
pittimvo: dbus has three fallback methods of acquiring a dbus connection, and calling dbus-launch is the third one09:26
pittimvo: so I disabled the first two (check for unix sockets and environment variables IIRC), so that dbus-launch was tried immediately09:26
pittimvo: but I don't know the setup on the reporter's machines well enough to reproduce it with the unmodified package09:27
pittimvo: it just happens for an awful lot of people apparently09:27
mvoyeah, the bugreport has a lot of comments09:32
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
carlospitti: hi09:36
pittihey carlos, how are you?09:36
=== pitti hugs seb128
carlospitti: fine, thanks, and you?09:37
=== seb128 hugs pitti
seb128hey carl09:37
seb128hey carlos09:37
pitticarlos: reasonably well09:37
carlospitti: how many days left? :-P09:37
carlosseb128: hey!09:37
pitticarlos: 1809:37
carlospitti: :-)09:38
carlospitti: I wonder whether you would have time this week to discuss .xpi translations move to language pack infrastructure09:39
pitticarlos: sure; we can do it in ~ 10 minutes if you want (just want to finish my current code)09:39
carlospitti: sure09:40
carlospitti: please, ping me when you are ready09:40
pittiwill do09:40
pittiah, cool, tests pass now09:40
=== pitti commits apport gcc ICE helper to make doko a bit happier
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@hoth.linagora.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Gasten [n=Gasten@h52n9c1o1095.bredband.skanova.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseemorning stgraber!09:45
Tonio_morning :)09:45
pittihi stgraber09:47
StevenKpitti: libgladeui-1-6 can be NBS'd at your leisure.09:49
pittiStevenK: you rock, thanks09:49
=== Havis [n=Havis@adsl-dyn249.91-127-41.t-com.sk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mvopitti: if you are hapy with my comment on 112803, I will set it to verification-done09:51
seb128bug #11280309:52
ubotuLaunchpad bug 112803 in dbus "MASTER [Feisty]  cupsd leaking file descriptors (was: Multiple jobs are not printed)" [High,Fix released]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11280309:52
pittimvo: I am, thanks a lot09:52
pittimvo: I'll copy it on Thursday, to meet the seven day rule09:52
seb128pitti: what would be the way to go to make nautilus-cd-burner build?09:53
pittiinfinity: is there an easy way to find out why hal doesn't start in the buildd chroots? it seems that avoiding the dependency is hard09:53
pittiinfinity: would it be reasonable to install a policy-rc.d which disables the startup of daemons? as build dependencies they are hardly useful, I figure?09:54
=== allee [n=ach@lapex-mcallee.mpe.mpg.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== \sh_away is now known as \sh
pitticarlos: I'm ready10:00
carlospitti: ok10:00
carlospitti: Launchpad already has XPI import support (not available in production yet)10:00
carlospitti: and in this cycle, we should finish the XPI export support10:01
carlosso I would like to start preparing Ubuntu Gutsy to be able to provide updates for Firefox, Thunderbird and others using current language packs10:01
carlosright now, would be a matter of use the standard .xpi files, later, Launchpad will provide you with the updated .xpi just like we do for .po files10:02
carloslater == end of August (if there is no problem with the code deployment)10:03
pitticarlos: not sure whether we can directly put them into langpacks, though10:04
pittiasac: AYT?10:04
pitticarlos: right now, mozilla-firefox-locale-* needs the contents of the XPI in /usr/lib/firefox/extensions/ and a configuration snippet in /var/lib/mozilla-firefox/extensions.d/10:05
carlospitti: isn't that generated from the .xpi file itself?10:05
pitticarlos: so, it's of course possible to do this unpacking and shipping in the langpack source itself, that would be no problem10:05
carlosas far as I know the source package for them is just the .xpi file10:06
pitticarlos: it's been a while since I touched m-firefox-locale-all source, but everything should be in the xpi, yes10:06
carlosand those directories are filled based on the .xpi content10:06
pitticarlos: I'll talk to asac10:06
pittidoor bell10:06
carlospitti: thanks10:06
=== raphink [i=raphink@ubuntu/member/raphink] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pitticarlos: so, where would you ship them?10:08
pitticarlos: in a subdirectory 'firefox' in the tarball, or so?10:08
carlospitti: that's an option, yes. It's up to you to choose it10:08
pitticarlos: or in the per-locale directories?10:08
pitticarlos: let me take a look at my importer and see what's better10:08
carlospitti: whatever fits better for you to prepare the language pack10:08
carlospitti: take into account that it's not just firefox10:09
carlosbut any extension or other Mozilla application (thunderbird)10:09
pitticarlos: it would be nice to have something like non-gettext/<application name>/<locale>.ext10:10
pitticarlos: e. g. non-gettext/firefox/de.xpi or non-gettext/firefox/es_ES.xpi10:10
pittisimilarly with thunderbird, or OO.o's files10:10
pitticarlos: would that work?10:10
infinitypitti: hal should probably be made more resilient in the face of systems it doesn't like...10:11
carlosalthough OO.org will not be included there, we still will need manual work there10:11
pittiinfinity: I don't know why it fails ATM; could be missing /sys, or an already running hal10:11
pittiinfinity: or anything else; but making package installation not fail when startup fails is kind of violating policy10:11
pitticarlos: OOo> right, I just want to consider it dir structure wise10:12
carlospitti: sure10:13
StevenKHmph. Just because something failed to build, doesn't mean you need to e-mail me about it twice, Launchpad.10:15
RAOF_StevenK: Only twice?  Not once per arch?10:15
StevenKActually, both were for ia64, but one per buildd.10:15
infinitypitti: I;m about to knock off for the day, shall we have a constructive argument about it tomorrow? :)10:17
infinitypitti: (including me figuring out why it fails in the first place)10:17
StevenKpitti: Oh yes, I forgot to mention - Debian bug #43470410:17
StevenKinfinity: You should look at libnss-db. :-)10:17
=== Zdra [n=zdra@185.209-242-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Havis_ [n=Havis@adsl-dyn219.91-127-135.t-com.sk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
infinityStevenK: No, I should upload coreutils, tar, and gzip. :P10:18
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiinfinity: thanks10:18
infinity(Or we could just drop them from the distribution, they're not important)10:18
=== StevenK scoffs
StevenKpitti: If we kill db3, it'll show in the NBS list, and if I recall correctly, there is a bunch of stuff that pulls in libdb3.10:19
=== jono [i=jono@ubuntu/member/jono] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tuxcrafter [n=tuxcraft@84-245-7-46.dsl.cambrium.nl] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tuxcrafterhello guys10:23
tuxcrafterhow can i check the version of glib i am using10:23
pittiStevenK: not sure what you mean?10:23
pittituxcrafter: dpkg -l libglib2.0-010:24
tuxcrafterpitti: thanks i mean 368 468 or 68610:24
pittituxcrafter: (#ubuntu, please)10:25
StevenKpitti: That's okay, I just read it and couldn't make sense of it either. :-)10:25
pittituxcrafter: we don't have packages for 486/68610:25
tuxcrafterpitti: i am debugging a serious bug with the via c7 cpu and glibs10:26
tuxcrafteri need to install and use glibc i38610:26
tuxcrafteri installed the 368 kernel10:27
pittituxcrafter: our _i386.deb packages are built with 486 instruction set and optimized command ordering for 686, AFAIR10:27
tuxcrafterow than i have to install my own kernel10:27
pittituxcrafter: we do not have any other debs10:27
pittituxcrafter: we do have a special -i386 kernel, just not other packages10:28
=== Havis__ [n=Havis@adsl-d211.87-197-188.t-com.sk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tuxcrafterpitti: ok but do you know a way to check what glib there is uses 468 or 68610:28
pittituxcrafter: as I said, if you use the Ubuntu packages, it's 486 instruction set10:30
infinity(Not counting possible toolchain bugs that may slip in other instructions for fun)10:31
infinityIs that the sort of bug you're hunting right now?10:31
tuxcrafterpitti: ok, and can you tell me how to compile the glib with 368 instructions only10:31
Mithrandirtuxcrafter: first, it's glibc, unless you are talking about glib which is another library.10:31
Mithrandirtuxcrafter: secondly, changing to i386 will change the c++ abi, something you probably don't want to do.10:32
asacpitti: carlos: good to hear that we have xpi support now ... whats the next step?10:33
pittiasac: preferably I'd make mozilla-firefox-locale-all obsolete and ship the xpis right in the language-pack-XX10:33
pittiasac: WDYT?10:33
pittiasac: is the rather complicated packaging structure of m-f-locale-XX still necessary, or is it enough nowadays to just drop an xpi somewhere?10:33
carlospitti: maybe that + a script to install the xpi files would be enough...10:34
tuxcrafterthere is a via c7 instruction used in the glibc i686/486 lib that makes the system freeze completely, so i want replace the glibc with an i368 version that uses i368 instructions10:34
asacpitti: unfortunately its not possible to just drop xpi somewhere10:34
pitticarlos: right10:35
carlosasac: well, it's not fully implemented, still working on exports, but release date for that is end of August10:35
pittiasac: ok, so let's do the mangling in langpack-o-matic then, to avoid spreading copies of that code10:35
asacpitti: pitti what do yo mean with mangling in langpack-o-matic? langpack-o-matic producing debs instead of xpis?10:36
pittiasac: I mean, disassembling the xpi and ship the right bits in langpack-o-matic deb10:37
pittis/langpack-o-matic deb/language-pack-XX deb/10:37
sorentuxcrafter: Just remove libc6-i686?10:39
asaccarlos: do you need info to do that?10:39
carlosasac: pitti is the one doing it10:39
carlosI just provide the .xpi files10:39
asaccarlos: ah. fine.10:40
carlosthe script that prepares the .deb file is still in pitti's hands10:40
pittiasac: don't worry, I'll pry it out of the m-f-l-a source10:40
=== carlos hopes at some point launchpad will do it too
pitticarlos: another question, what's the status of that full dapper export?10:40
carlospitti: being executed right now10:41
pittisplendid, thanks10:41
tuxcraftersoren: thanks10:42
tuxcrafteri am going to reboot to a other kernel10:42
=== tuxcrafter [n=tuxcraft@84-245-7-46.dsl.cambrium.nl] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sorenpitti: About the eBox acl and schemas mangling madness: I've created a patch that creates /etc/ldap/acl.d/ and /etc/ldap/schemas-enabled/ and makes slapd read from those directories. That way I don't have to touch slapd.conf directly at all. The Debian dudes say it'll be included in the next openldap2.3 upload. \o/10:44
=== cassidy [n=cassidy@251.169-200-80.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== chand [n=rsamson@hoth.linagora.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== spacey [n=herman@ubuntu/member/spacey] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograseb128, ping10:47
seb128ogra: pong, new gnome-power-manager available10:47
ograseb128, why cant i log in on my thi clients anymore ?10:47
carlospitti: btw, you should also add .xpi extraction code from build packages10:47
seb128ogra: because you don't remember your password? ;)10:48
ograseems it hangs during session startup since the last upgarde10:48
seb128no idea10:48
carlospitti: so we get them also like any other .po and .pot files10:48
ogra(i didnt upgrae since before ubuntulive though)_10:48
ograno traces in .xsessin-errors .... new user doesnt help either10:48
cjwatsoninfinity: I'm taking care of openssh/lpia, btw, in case you'd already got to that10:49
carlospitti: oh, and, given there is no .xpi for en_US, I guess you should special case en_US.jar file and extract that one too so we get the English strings to be translated10:49
=== jack_wyt_ [n=jack@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ograseb128, does consolekit expect any kind of variable to be set to let me in ?10:51
seb128ogra: consolekit is not used yet10:51
ograoh, i only saw ian making changes to gnome screensaver wrt CK10:51
seb128yes, it's using it a runtime if available10:51
asaccarlos: so you need a langpack as blueprint to get the "to translate" entities?10:51
seb128consolekit has not been promoted nor seeded though10:51
seb128and gdm doesn't build with it yet10:52
asaccarlos: usually it should be enough to give you an application .xpi10:52
pittisoren: awesome!10:52
carlosasac: yes, most of the time it's en_US10:52
asaccarlos: well ... why that?10:52
carlosasac: that's because Mozilla uses IDs instead of english strings as identifiers10:52
pitticarlos: can do; can you please file a bug against pkgbinarymangler and say where you want to get those XPIs shipped?10:53
carlosand thus, without en_US translations, translators don't know what to translate exactly10:53
carlosasac: but don't worry, you don't need to do anything there10:54
asaccarlos: but i mean ... usually an application/extension ships at least one translation on its own ... so does it just work?10:55
carlosLaunchpad + pitti's script will handle it automatically10:55
carlosasac: which is en_US, isn't it?10:55
carlosat least it is for Firefox and I think Thunderbird10:55
ograseb128, creatig a ~/.xsession containing gnome-session seems to run fine :/ so its not gnome then10:55
asaccarlos: doesn't matter imo ... can be any10:55
carlosasac: I guess, but we assume it's en_US. If it's not the case, we will need to do some extra work to see how to handle it (our main target was to handle Firefox)10:56
carlosasac: the one used as the original English will not be exported in the language pack, if that's what worries you10:57
asaccarlos: no ... i am just worried that you created a special purpose thing that is only useful for the applications ubuntu ships10:58
=== mc44 [n=mc44@unaffiliated/mc44] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsoninfinity: I've also changed lintian in svn to recognise lpia as a valid architecture10:58
carlosasac: how's that?10:58
asaccarlos: but if that is not the case and e.g. translating ubufox or any other extension just works, then i am fine10:58
mvopitti: should we do a special case for tzdata too in StableReleaseUpdates? Its cumbersome to try to find out how to reproduce the "bug". so I think we should we should let it through with just basic testing10:58
carlosasac: it should work too10:58
carlosbut we didn't pay too much attention to it10:58
carlosso maybe needs some code tweaks to be able to handle it10:59
carloswhich is fine, and easy to do10:59
asacwell .. so for every package we need to do manual tweaking?10:59
carlosI don't think so11:00
cjwatsonmvo: tzdata has been special-cased in the past, since the change is typically enforced by external factors11:00
carlosand even so, it's Launchpad which will get such changes to cope with all those packages11:01
asaccarlos: what concerned me a bit and makes me ask these questions is that nobody asked me for input ... and suddenly there is a solution ;)11:01
carlosasac: well, I think you are confused...11:01
carlosasac: we just add native .xpi import/export support to Launchpad11:01
mvocjwatson: right, we have not written it down yet in the StableReleaseUpdates page as a special case and I think we should (just like the kernel and app-install-data-commercial)11:01
carloscompletely unrelated with your packages11:01
carlosnow, we are seeing how to integrate it with Ubuntu11:02
asacah ok11:02
cjwatsonmvo: that would be OK with me if it's just talking about updates to new upstreams11:02
asaccarlos: so i can import an ubufox .xpi right now?11:02
mvocjwatson: thanks, I will add it to the wiki11:02
=== infinity [n=adconrad@cerberus.0c3.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
carloskind of, although the export is not on production, so we don't officially support it yet :-P11:03
asaccarlos: if it is really as simple as just uploading an extension .xpi to get things started then i am fine.11:03
carlosasac: yeah, that's the inde11:03
carlosasac: although you need two xpi files11:03
carlosone with the English strings11:03
carloswell, you just need the English lang pack to start translating11:04
asaccarlos: this is what i don't understand11:04
carlostwo if you want to import an existing translation11:04
pittimvo: I agree; it would be nice if you could describe the tests you do on the wiki page? (the tzdump thing)11:04
carlosasac: have you ever translated a .xpi file?11:04
mvopitti: I will dig and write something up11:05
asaccarlos: first you have to tell what .xpi you are talking about11:05
asaccarlos: an extension .xpi ... or a langpack11:05
carlosasac: any .xpi file that follows the Mozilla's spec for .xpi translations11:05
asaccarlos: in real world ... you usually have an extension xpi11:06
asacand there are already translations included11:06
asacwhy should authors need to manually extract an en_us langpack first?11:07
carlosdo you mean that extension xpi files include several translations in a single .xpi file?11:07
=== pitti hugs mvo
asaccarlos: in real-life you usually have one-or-many translation in the extension xpi ... yes11:07
pitticarlos: you need the en_US.xpi as 'C' translation?11:07
carloshmm, that's not in the spec from Mozilla11:08
pittiasac: are you talking about translations of extensions or translations of ffox itself? (we do about the latter)11:08
carlospitti: yes, although it usually doesn't exist, so en_US.jar (which exists in Firefox) would be enough11:08
pittiasac: extension translations won't be covered by that for now11:08
asacpitti: well then its not worth anything11:08
carlosasac: in that case, to support extension xpi we would need to do some changes in Launchpad to handle them11:08
asacpitti: or at least not much11:09
pittiasac: it's about automatically updating the translations from Rosetta without the need to touch m-f-l-a11:09
asacpitti: our applications already have translations ... launchpad should provide means to collaborate in translating all those that are not yet translated11:09
carlosasac: could you point me to an example of such .xpi file to take a look?11:09
pittiasac: right now we cannot use LP to translate ffox/tbird/etc/11:09
carlosasac: we will import existing translations11:09
carlosas we do for .po files11:10
asacpitti: we don't want to either ... translations are updated upstream11:10
asacpitti: we want translation of those applications that are not yet translated11:10
asacpitti: which are mostly extensions11:10
pittiasac: but new languages, too11:10
asacpitti: yeah ... i agree with that11:10
carlosasac: dude, we need to do one step at a time11:10
pittiasac: a lot of upstream xpi are missing translations of help, too11:10
asaccarlos: well ok11:10
asaccarlos: if its just the initial step then its ok11:11
carlosasac: yeah, first native support for .xpi, then, cover any special case that use .xpi file format11:11
=== vciaglia [n=vciaglia@host152-17-dynamic.11-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittimvo: hm, these automatic package installation failure bugs are not that useful (see bug 129168)11:24
ubotuLaunchpad bug 129168 in apport "package apport 0.93 failed to install/upgrade: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured" [Undecided,New]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12916811:24
pittimvo: any chance that apt could add some details?11:24
mvopitti: I was working recently on a dpkg-log patch for apt that will capture all of dpkgs output11:25
asaccarlos: fwif ... look at http://people.ubuntu.com/~asac/funkymonkey.xpi (its just greasemonkey)11:25
pittimvo: ah, good11:25
=== leftcase [n=chris@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mvopitti: it seems to be working quite well for me, I will merge it soon I think. I need to explain the report generator to attach the log inside libapt too. you will have to explain what format is expected etc11:25
carlosasac: cool, thanks11:25
carlosasac: that should be enough to figure a way to support that specific layout11:26
ograogra@laptop:~$ grep logintest /etc/passwd11:26
ograogra@laptop:~$ ps aux |grep -c logintest11:26
ograogra@laptop:~$ ps aux |grep -c 100411:26
ogracan anyone explin why my system seem not to be able to resolve usernames anymore ?11:26
=== slomo [n=slomo@ubuntu/member/slomo] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiogra: logintest is longer than 8 characters11:27
pittiogra: ps usually displays numbers in that case11:27
asaccarlos: ... there is no standard layout of xpi's ...its all generic11:27
asaccarlos: you have to look at chrome.manifest file11:27
carlosasac: I see11:28
asaccarlos: otherwise you will end up implementing zillions of special cases11:28
ograpitti, ah, thanks, i was hoping i had found the cause for my login problem :/11:28
leftcaseHi folks, I'm trying to get to the bottom of a problem with network manager and atheros WiFi cards. I think I've sussed out whats going on but just wondered if anyone could help me puzzle it through11:29
carlosasac: so just to confirm it to you... our current code will only allow Firefox and Thunderbird translations, we will need more code changes in Launchpad to handle the kind of file you just gave me11:30
mvopitti: could you please check https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates?action=diff ?11:30
iwjsoren: re Debian #421344> My initial reaction is `DDTT'.11:30
asaccarlos: i don't know your code :) so i can't tell11:30
carlosI'm not asking but telling you it :-)11:30
carlosasac: thanks for your input11:30
asaccarlos: as long as you cannot deal with arbitrary .xpi extensions11:30
asacthen its true11:31
iwj<ubotu> Error: Could not parse data returned by Debian: <HTTPError 500 Internal Server Error>11:31
infinityiwj: Congrats on confusing the bug bot.11:31
asaccarlos: remember that the only thing that is special case in regards to translations are firefox/thunderbirda applications on their own ... but even they have chrome.manifest files iirc11:31
iwjinfinity: :-)11:31
carlosasac: yeah, I guess should be easy to change our code to be more generic so we don't assume things like we do right now11:32
asaccarlos: i am always on #ubuntu-mozillateam if you need more input11:32
carlosasac: cool, thanks11:32
asaccarlos: i would be open to discuss the different approaches if you want11:32
asaccarlos: if not ... well :)11:32
carlosasac: I will need to write another spec so I will ask you for more input11:32
carlosdon't worry11:32
pittimvo: looks ok to me11:33
=== norsetto [n=norsetto@host33-228-dynamic.3-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
soreniwj: ddtt?11:35
jetscreamermonitor autodetection could use some work eh11:35
mjg59jetscreamer: Bug #?11:36
leftcasesod it, I'll got for it anyway!11:36
infinitysoren: Don't Do That, Then.11:36
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Fujitsu wonders when dogfood is likely to get enough buildds to overcome the lack of non-languagepack i386 builds.
jetscreameri dunno... i just worked around it with xvrefresh= & xhrefresh11:36
soreninfinity: Doh...11:37
wolfemmmm dogfood11:37
mjg59jetscreamer: The autoconfiguration is based on the values obtained from your monitor11:37
mjg59If the monitor lies, things become harder11:37
soreniwj: You don't find it reasonable to mark a symlink as a conffile?11:38
Mithrandirsoren: it's never worked and it's well-known that it doesn't.11:38
iwjMarking a symlink as a conffile is not what conffiles are for; the conffileness is applied by dpkg to the target of the link and not to the link contents.11:38
leftcaseI noticed whilst checking out a bug report in network manager that a dev had suggested that teh bug was in madwifi - Checking over on madwifi, they have now fixed the bug (wext compliance)11:39
jetscreameri'm not trying to say anything but relay this data: it didn't like to kanotix, which is where i got the values to enter for the xv&xh :)11:39
iwjThis is so that if the sysadmin (or someone) moves a conffile and leaves a symlink behind, the right things happen.11:39
jetscreamererr s/like/lie/11:39
mjg59jetscreamer: Then please file a bug11:39
jetscreamerbut no idea, i just know what it did11:39
mjg59That way we can work out what the problem is11:39
jetscreamerdamn my hd is clicking... just xp :)11:39
leftcaseBut the bug is still happenening :-S so, could anyone point me towards which version of madwifi is supplied in gutsy in the restrictued modules ? :-S11:39
=== jetscreamer goes back into lurkmode
sorenMithrandir: That (in itself) doesn't mean it's not a bug and shouldn't be fixed.11:40
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@hoth.linagora.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirsoren: I think it should be fixed by policy saying "don't mark symlinks as conffiles, HTH, HAND"11:41
sorenThis seems to be use-a-lot-of-acronyms-soren-doesn't-know day.11:41
sorenMithrandir: HTH? HAND?11:41
infinitysoren: I don't honestly see how marking a symlink as a conffile makes sense, really.11:41
infinitysoren: Hope That Helps, Have A Nice Day.11:42
leftcaseSo that I can create a proper bug report with enough information included to make it just mabey, possible bloomin' useful to someone!11:42
=== Fujitsu finds wtf useful for these odd acronyms.
ograhmmm, weird, how could my /usr/bin/x-session-manager vanish ?11:43
soreninfinity: In this particular case I'm working on, there are symlinks from a dir in /etc/ldap/ that points to schema's that slapd should load.  If an admin for some reason don't want this, we should be able to just remove the symlink and not have it recreated on the next upgrade.11:44
soreninfinity: The fix - of course - is to provide a script that handles these symlinks, so that they're not part of the package..11:45
soreninfinity: But that's got "workaround" written all over it, IMO.11:45
=== leftcase wonders if he failed to observe some special ubuntu-devel etiquette upon entering the room which has rendered him as an object of contempt...
infinitysoren: They can either be "managed", or only created on fresh installs.11:46
infinitysoren: It's not rocket science to not create them over and over on upgrade.11:47
soreninfinity: Of course not.11:47
soreninfinity: The same holds true for configuration files, but marking things as conffile just makes it easier.11:47
=== asisak [n=conp@unaffiliated/conp] has joined #ubuntu-devel
infinitysoren: The problem, of course, is that it fundamentally mucks with how dpkg thinks about these things.11:49
mjg59leftcase: If nobody answers your question, it's likely that they either don't know or are currently busy11:49
infinitysoren: And allowing your case breaks the other case (moving a conffile, symlinking to it, and having dpkg follow the symlink)11:49
leftcasemjg59, thankyou for your assistance11:49
=== leftcase [n=chris@] has left #ubuntu-devel []
pittileftcase: madwifi is currently at version
=== Kmos [n=gothicx@unaffiliated/kmos] has joined #ubuntu-devel
infinitysoren: Given that the current behavior is well-known (though perhaps not documented), "fixing" it could opena can of worms in breaking other systems.11:51
soreninfinity: Well, yes, I can see that that is a) somewhat useful (I've never needed it myself, though), b) what people are used to and probably rely on in some cases.11:51
soreninfinity: Exactly.11:51
sorenOh, well. Back to the drawing board.11:51
infinityif [ -z "$2" ] ; then ln -s foo bar; fi ?11:53
infinity(In postinst)11:53
infinitySeems the simplest route.11:53
infinitysoren: ^^11:54
norsettopitti: Hi Martin, did you receive my email about mentoring?11:54
pittinorsetto: not that I can see11:55
=== Adri2000_ [n=adri2000@ubuntu/member/adri2000] has joined #ubuntu-devel
norsettopitti: ok, I'm resending now11:55
soreninfinity: Sure, sure.11:55
pittiinfinity: you probably want that on upgrades as well, though11:55
pittisoren: ^ so you probably want dpkg --compare-versions "$2" le "versionthatintroducesthis"11:56
sorenpitti, infinity: Yeah, I'm doing it on upgrades from version older than the one where I'm introducing this, and on new installs.11:56
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittisoren: "le" will do that ('empty version is later than any')11:56
norsettomvo: Hi Michael, you also have not received my email?11:57
pittisoren: erk, wrong; that's le-nl11:57
pittisoren: so, le-nl should DTRT then11:57
sorenpitti: Got it.11:57
mvonorsetto: I got it, sorry for not answering yet11:57
norsettomvo: np, just checking, thanks11:57
pitti(if only I could invent a good expansion for 'nl' to finally memorize it)11:57
cjwatsonpitti: "no-[version-is] -later11:58
norsettopitti: nl=netherlands (they are your neighbours after all....)11:58
pittiaah, thanks; so 'None is Later'11:58
cjwatsonor that, that's simpler11:59
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pdpc.supporter.student.PriceChild] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jgoss [n=josh@unaffiliated/jgoss] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tseliot [n=tseliot@host65-95-dynamic.7-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rulus [n=rulus_|@69.144-244-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jsgotangco [n=JSG@ubuntu/member/jsgotangco] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Watersevenub [n=Watersev@azevedo.astro.up.pt] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-devel
asacpitti: iceowl+iceowl-extension took an incouraging 2 hours to slip through debian NEW yesterday ... can we do something similar for sunbird+lightning :) ?01:00
geseraka sunbird01:01
pittiyet another copy...?01:01
=== kagou [n=kagou@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
bhalepitti: for freedom!01:01
asacpitti: right01:02
asacpitti: should be the last copy for some time :)01:02
asacpitti: then we would be complete ... just let me know if I should upload or not :) ... if you don't like the non-free files we can sync from debian as well :)01:02
geseraren't there any mozilla projects left which Debian didn't "iced" yet?01:02
pittiasac: well, today is Mithrandir's archive day, tomorrow Riddell's; so choose your blackmail target :)01:03
pittiasac: I'm not that concerned about the icons etc, just a little nervous about other-licenses/ (but we had that discussion already)01:03
asacpitti: honesty, i don't want to swim against the tide01:03
asacpitti: the icons that are non-free are in other-licenses :)01:04
=== TeTeT [n=spindler@modemcable178.77-70-69.static.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
asacgeser: xulrunner + nss + nspr01:08
=== alesan [n=alesan@pD9E58FC5.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
alesanhi, any info on how to prepare a different initram image?01:08
alesanI mean, create a custom image from the current one01:09
=== sahin_w [n=KT@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Spads [i=spacehob@unaffiliated/spads] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== RadiantFire [n=ryan@c-69-180-43-27.hsd1.ga.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== TeTeT [n=spindler@modemcable178.77-70-69.static.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== freeflying [n=freeflyi@ubuntu/member/freeflying] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== blackskad [n=blackska@d54C4A53D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pedro [n=pedro@pc-65-202-214-201.cm.vtr.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jwendell [n=wendell@ubuntu/member/wendell] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittihey zul01:43
zulhi pitti how are things?01:46
pittizul: pretty good! and for you?01:46
zulpitti: son was sick this weekend but ok01:46
=== rulus_ [n=rulus_|@192.146-244-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rulus [n=rulus_|@192.146-244-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mbiebl [n=michael@p549CE089.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
realistevening :-)01:55
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
norsettopitti: got the email?01:56
pittinorsetto: ah, I got it now; weird, I didn't get the previous one01:57
norsettonp, I think some spam filters don't like my ISP....01:58
=== Zic_ [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ryu [n=chris@unaffiliated/ryu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Zic__ [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ScottK2 [n=ScottK@ubuntu/member/scottk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiRiddell:  kdepimlibs (3.92.0-0ubuntu1~ppa1) gutsy; urgency=low02:03
pittiRiddell: was that actually meant to hit gutsy, or was it a mis-upload?02:04
norsettopitti: btw, when you have time let me know if what I did for bug 128697 can help.02:04
ubotuLaunchpad bug 128697 in restricted-manager "restricted-manager misses man page" [Undecided,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12869702:04
Riddellpitti: it was a mis-upload02:05
pittinorsetto: oh, thank you!02:05
pittinorsetto: right, no patch etc. necessary, I'll just put it into the bzr tree02:05
Riddellpitti: it can sit there happily enough until 3.92 is actually released later this week02:06
pittiRiddell: it's gutsy, so beta versions aren't that evil yet :)02:06
=== StevenK ponders what NBS housework is left to do.
=== pitti indulges some lunch, bbl
=== Zdra [n=zdra@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonwould somebody NEW partman-auto-loop, please? ideally review it for main at the same time ...02:27
cjwatson(installer-for-windows spec)02:27
=== xxxxx1 [n=xxxxx1@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== Hobbsee [n=Hobbsee@ubuntu/member/hobbsee] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jdstrand [n=james@mail.strandboge.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirdoko: is it pycentral or pysupport we like?02:31
Mithrandircjwatson: looking02:32
dokoMithrandir: the former02:32
geserHi Hobbsee02:32
Hobbseehey geser02:33
=== coNP [n=conp@unaffiliated/conp] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandircjwatson: looks mainable to me, but that's really pitti's domain.02:34
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandirpitti: any objection to letting partman-auto-loop just go directly to main?02:34
seb128Hobbsee: can you archive accerciser gnome-keyring vte passepartout glade-3 gtkmm2.4 glibmm2.4 on REVU?02:34
Hobbseeseb128: sure02:35
Hobbseeseb128: no problem.  consider it done02:35
=== seb128 hugs Hobbsee
Mithrandirpitti: I just accepted it; if you object, we'll change it later.02:35
Mithrandircjwatson: accepted02:35
Mithrandirdoko: thanks02:35
cjwatsonMithrandir: thanks!02:36
=== Hobbsee hugs seb128. all gone :)
Hobbseeseb128: you couldnt just request that i archive the rest, could you?  *g*02:36
seb128no :p02:37
coNPthanks Hobbsee :)02:37
HobbseecoNP: :)02:37
Hobbseebecause if you did, that'd cut our reviews needed a lot...02:40
=== cr3 [n=marc@modemcable178.77-70-69.static.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== _Apex [i=antipath@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== alesan [n=alesan@pD9E58FC5.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
alesanon https://help.ubuntu.com/community/USplashCustomizationHowto there is info on how to update the splash screen. it is updated up to edgy, I guess the same applies to feisty right?02:44
norsettodoh :-O02:45
Hobbseealesan: sounds like a #ubuntu type question02:45
alesanHobbsee, well sorry I thought it was more appriopriate here. most people on #ubuntu don't know what a initram is :(02:46
alesanI'm building my own ubuntu iso file.02:46
alesanwith customized stuff etc02:46
=== stdin [i=stdin@unaffiliated/binary2k2] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseeoh, thought that was -motu02:47
=== Hobbsee cant read, it seems.
=== norsetto lends his glasses to Hobbsee
=== Hobbsee points to her own
HobbseeREVU is sending me insane, it looks like02:48
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-b37c927a0993e7a2] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== coNP_ [n=conp@unaffiliated/conp] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== IntuitiveNipple [n=TJ@alexandros.tjworld.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== dendrobates [n=rclark@adsl-065-005-186-012.sip.asm.bellsouth.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== alex-weej [n=alex@cpc2-darl3-0-0-cust237.midd.cable.ntl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ryu [n=chris@unaffiliated/ryu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKpitti: Ping me when you get back from lunch, please02:56
pittiMithrandir: fine for me02:59
pittiStevenK: pong02:59
StevenKpitti: Right, I'm trying to fix postgresql-pljava. Nothing of the Java stuff is broken, but the build fails because it Build-Depends on postgresql-server-dev-8.1, but pg_config returns "VERSION = PostgreSQL 8.2.4"03:00
pittiStevenK: right, it should really use 8.203:00
StevenKpitti: Fair enough, it looks to be a s/8.1/8.2/ on the control file03:01
pittiStevenK: I don't know if the current upstream version even works with 8.2, but Peter Eisentraut is usually catching up ASAP03:01
pittiStevenK: isn't that fixed in Debian yet?03:01
pittiStevenK: hm, then upstream might not support 8.2 yet03:01
=== cypherbios [n=cypher@ubuntu/member/cypherbios] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKpitti: I'm happy to fix0r it against 8.2 and then test it if you throw me some pointers.03:02
StevenKAnd if you reply back with 0xdeadbeef, I *will* get you. :-P03:02
pittiStevenK: hm, if you never touched a PL, then it might actually be faster if I try myself03:02
StevenKhttp://xkcd.com/138/ for the pointers joke03:03
pittiStevenK: Debian bug 419305 FYI03:03
pittihttp://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=419305, since ubotu cannot read it ATM03:03
StevenKYeah, I know BTS URLs. :-)03:04
pittiI didn't doubt, just for clickability's sake :)03:04
StevenKBut no reply since 14th April doesn't fill me with confidence ...03:04
pittiwow, I sent those bugs on my bday? shame on me03:05
pittiyeah, that package didn't see action recently03:05
Hobbseebad pitti!03:06
=== Hobbsee notes that she also fixed adept on hers.
StevenKpitti: I'm happy to throw a 8.2 built package at you, if you like.03:06
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== pitti laughs at the webcomic
pittiStevenK: oh, sure; amd64?03:07
pittiStevenK: if it builds, that's already a gooood sign03:07
StevenKpitti: xkcd for the win. :-)03:07
pittiyeah, 1.3.0 is the latest upstream version03:07
=== sbalneav [n=sbalneav@mail.legalaid.mb.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiStevenK: source or debdiff should work fine, though03:10
StevenKpitti: I don't mind, either works.03:12
StevenKI'm just checking the thing builds first03:12
StevenK/tmp/buildd/postgresql-pljava-1.3.0/src/C/pljava/XactListener.c:107: error: 'xactCB' undeclared (first use in this function)03:14
StevenKAlso implicit declaration of functions RegisterXactCallback and UnregisterXactCallback03:15
soren /win 503:16
pittiStevenK: don't bother, I'd say; that's something for upstream03:16
pittiStevenK: other PLs like the ones for Ruby generally needed new upstream versions for new major postgresql versions03:16
StevenKpitti: Actually, the error looks to be a code problem03:16
=== eggauah [n=daniel@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiStevenK: but why not just leave it building the 8.1 plugin?03:16
StevenKWell, then I need a pg_config that says it's version 8.103:17
StevenKAnd there doesn't seem to be a libpq-8.1-dev03:18
pittiStevenK: it should be in postgresql-server-dev-8.103:18
pittiStevenK: /usr/lib/postgresql/8.1/bin/pg_config03:18
pittiStevenK: /usr/bin/ just provides the version that client side packages should use (always the latest libpq)03:19
=== StevenK tries to convince the upstream build system to call /usr/lib/postgresql/8.1/bin/pg_config
StevenK/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcj03:25
=== StevenK kicks ... something. How ld decides it can't find something seems to be subtle
pittiStevenK: is it not in libgcj8-dev?03:26
StevenK/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.2/libgcj.so is in libgcj8-dev03:27
StevenKIf ld can cope with that03:28
pittiStevenK: hm, that's doko's realm, but I'd think it should be /usr/lib/libgcj.sdo03:28
pitti.so even03:28
pittibah, my keyboard has just broken, producing 'd's all over the place03:28
StevenK/usr/lib/libgcj.so.80 exists, but no plain libgcj.so03:29
Hobbsee...then stop hitting the d key?03:29
=== bigon [i=bigon@imladris.bigon.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiHobbsee: it happens by pressdingd any other keys03:29
=== pitti grrs
=== StevenK chuckles
StevenKShouldn't that be 'grrddrrs'? :-P03:29
=== pitti begdins to suspect the spilt water
=== Nicke [n=niclasa@h161n2fls31o808.telia.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Hobbseehehe :)03:29
pittibrb even03:30
Hobbseethe d's and the g keys are taking over!03:30
StevenKKeyboard drawers are a good thing...03:30
StevenKConsidering I usually type without looking, with the drawer fully retracted.03:30
=== ryu [n=chris@unaffiliated/ryu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKWhich causes my small cousins issues like, "How do you know where the keys are?" and then getting dirty looks when I say, "They're under my fingers of course."03:31
infinity"I can tell where the keys are, based on the whitespace surrounding them.  If you were a Python freak like me, you'd understand."03:32
infinityStevenK: Speaking of python freakiness, does linda still get love, or did you get bored with it?03:33
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@4-214.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKThe answer is somewhat complicated.03:36
StevenKThe incredibly simple answer is "No, since that equates to Debian work."03:36
StevenKinfinity: libnss-db! :-P03:36
=== sommer [n=sommer@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
dokoStevenK: yes, know issue (different gcc and gcj versions); maybe I should add this link in /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj-compat/lib ...03:38
dokoStevenK: or use gcc-4.2 for linking03:38
jdstrandare old security updated packages archived and if so where?  (eg, I am looking for bind9_9.3.2-2ubuntu1.2.diff.gz)03:38
cjwatsonjdstrand: as far back as dapper, yes03:41
geserjdstrand: yes, on LP: http://launchpadlibrarian.net/6260265/bind9_9.3.2-2ubuntu1.2.diff.gz03:42
cjwatsonjdstrand: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bind9 -> 9.3.2-2ubuntu1.2 -> dapper i386 (or whatever) -> Resulting binaries -> pick one03:42
cjwatsonor what geser said for the source03:42
jdstrandcjwatson, geser: thanks03:42
=== chand [n=rsamson@hoth.linagora.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittione key dismounting - vacuum - clean - key remounting cycle later, /me sets no-more-errant-d-keystrokes to implemented03:43
StevenKdoko: Actually, debian/rules contains CPPFLAGS += -I/usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj/include/, should I change that?03:45
geserpitti: luckily it wasn't a stuck 'y' key: "Are you sure to proceed?" :)03:45
=== StevenK was waiting for pitti to get an apt prompt. "Type, 'Yes, do as I say' to proceed" -> "Yes, dddo ads Id sday"
=== realist hugs their mechanically switched keyboard :-)
pittiStevenK: you should rather be concerned about -L flags03:47
=== StevenK is trying to set CC=gcc-4.2 first
StevenKAnd fix the pg_config hack properly03:49
StevenKAww, it seems infinity is ignoring me.03:49
dokoStevenK: no, this is correct03:50
pittiStevenK: the three magic letters 'nss' terminate his IRC link03:50
Hobbseea new exploit!03:50
StevenKpitti: Or at least, cause his screen to detach automatically03:50
FujitsuPeril-sensitive screen sessions. I like it.03:51
StevenKpitti: I'm so tempted to beg the archive admin to paste the command-line and result when I get yada demoted like the pox that it is.03:51
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittiStevenK: it's not yet in anastacia03:52
pittiStevenK: ah, right, the only remaining rdepends is ... *cough* libnss-db03:52
StevenKExactly ...03:53
StevenKWhich is why I keep hitting up infinity.03:53
pittisorry, infini*bzzzzt*03:53
=== StevenK chuckles
=== agoliveira [n=adilson@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Mithrandir> pkg-config --variable pyexecdir pygtk-2.003:56
Mithrandirhmm, that doesn't look right, does it?03:56
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sladenMithrandir: I was trying just that the other day.  It didn't work04:01
sladen(trying to get pyclutter to work)04:02
Mithrandirpyclutter?  This is something else entirely04:02
=== Zic_ [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
sladenit depended on testing `pkg-config pygtk-2.0`04:02
=== johanbr [n=j@JBrannlund.MathStat.Dal.Ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKYou stupid build system! *WHO* came up with using $(COMPILER), I'll kill them myself.04:12
MithrandirStevenK: having fun with libnss-db?04:12
StevenKNope, postgresql-pljava04:13
StevenKMithrandir: I'm done with libnss-db, but infinity doesn't love me enough to sign off on it.04:13
thomStevenK: kill dexter04:13
thomon principle, relevancy is irrelevant04:14
StevenKI'm sorely tempted.04:14
=== Keybuk [n=scott@quest.netsplit.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
pittihi Keybuk04:16
Keybuk\o/  finally emptied my INBOX04:16
Hobbseeheya Keybuk!04:16
StevenKKeybuk: Select everything ... delete, it shouldn't be ardous. :-P04:17
=== ogra applauds Keybuk
StevenKarduous, even04:17
mvohey Keybuk04:18
=== j_ack [n=j_ack@p508D8565.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
MithrandirKeybuk: you've failed to answer my suggestion for call time tomorrow, it seems?04:19
alesananyway, can somebody explain me how to modify the usplash default logo? I want to create my own version of ubuntu with custom packages drivers etc04:19
pittiKeybuk: what Mithrandir said, me204:19
Keybukthose are new mails :p04:19
Keybukactually, I just replied to them all04:19
pittiah, cool04:19
=== gizmo [n=gizmo@p578b708f.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenKI am so going to break postgresql-pljava's build system and its author into little pieces.04:20
StevenKWhat's the point of using make vars if I can't export (and actually override them) in debian/rules04:21
Riddellalesan: look at the source of any *-artwork-usplash packages04:21
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-170-39-244.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonKeybuk: any strong opinions on the best way to add support to initramfs for having the root filesystem be loop-mounted from an image on another filesystem?04:28
cjwatsonKeybuk: (for installer-for-windows, but I'd like it to be generic and controlled by a boot parameter)04:28
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-170-39-244.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
KeybukROOT=LOOP= or something?04:29
Keybukthough you would need to specify the filesystem with the loop on it, and the path to the loop04:29
cjwatsonmm, I was contemplating a different argument for the hosted filesystem so that they can both be UUID-style04:29
Keybukit might make more sense to still keep root= the same, but if loop= is set, mount that after mounting the root04:30
cjwatsone.g. host=UUID=... ROOT=UUID=... and have it mount host= first04:30
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-170-39-244.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has left #ubuntu-devel []
cjwatsonthat might be more straightforward to implement, yes04:30
cjwatsonI guess UUIDs won't help for locating the image, thinking about it :)04:30
cjwatsonand mount -o move ${rootmnt} /host or something04:31
Keybukif [ -n "$LOOP" ]  ...04:31
Keybukafter mounting $ROOT to move it all out the way again and mount the image04:31
Keybukthat way you can use the existing device-exists-and-vol_id-works loop04:31
cjwatsonyeah, that was the thing I was concerned about not duplicating04:31
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonshould I use a local-bottom script, do you think, or just bang it all into scripts/local:mountroot?04:32
=== ion_ [n=ion@heh.fi] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonI guess the problem with a local-bottom script is that everything else would have to depend on it to ensure correct behaviour04:32
Keybukput it in mountroot if I were you04:32
cjwatsonI think I also need to expose /host in the real root filesystem so that /boot can be bind-mounted onto it04:33
cjwatsonlittle maze of twisty filesystems, all alike04:33
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== agoliveira is now known as agoliveira_brb
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@hoth.linagora.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonI wonder if I can mount /root; mount -o move /root /host; mount -o loop /host/blah /root; if [ -d /root/host ] ; then mount -o move /host /root/host; fi04:39
Keybukyes you can04:41
=== dexem [i=99@host37-ip2.globalgate.com.ar] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== chand [n=rsamson@hoth.linagora.com] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Ex-Chat"]
=== dpm [n=dpm@p54A10098.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== agoliveira_brb is now known as agoliveira
StevenKpitti: Right, I finally convince postgresql-pljava to actually build.04:52
StevenKconvinced, too04:52
pittiStevenK: wow04:52
StevenKThe build system in it sucks hard.04:53
=== rulus [n=rulus_|@192.146-244-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mbiebl [n=michael@p549CD73C.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
StevenK 4 files changed, 32 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)04:54
=== mathiaz [n=mathiaz@modemcable178.77-70-69.static.videotron.ca] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== StevenK uploads it before he changes his mind.
=== Gman [i=gman@nat/sun/x-3bfc43f44cfda028] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== agoliveira is now known as agoliveira_lunch
=== coNP [n=conp@unaffiliated/conp] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hoora_ [i=ariel@gateway/tor/x-ae505364eff61a70] has joined #ubuntu-devel
asacstgraber: yt?05:08
=== Zic [n=Zic@Final-Fantasy.FF-IRC.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mthaddon [n=mthaddon@canonical/launchpad/mthaddon] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mat|work [n=mat@igoan/mat] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== \sh is now known as \sh_away
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C6865D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-170-39-244.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== agoliveira_lunch is now known as agoliveira
kylemanyone running gutsy care to test a new intel driver release?05:27
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-170-39-244.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has left #ubuntu-devel []
kylemdeb http://people.ubuntu.com/~kyle/testing/xf86-video-intel-RC/ ./05:28
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-170-39-244.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== maniacmusician_ [n=maniacmu@24-151-1-004.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ivoks [n=ivoks@19-1.dsl.iskon.hr] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== eggauah [n=daniel@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== iwj_ [n=ian@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Tonio_seb128: ping ?05:47
=== Nicke [n=niclasa@ua-83-227-140-135.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
seb128Tonio_: sort of pong, I was about to do a break ;)05:48
seb128ask your question05:48
seb128I'm not in a hurry ;)05:48
Tonio_seb128: can you drop the kdebluetooth upload I just commited ?05:48
Tonio_seb128: bad call in my bash-history, should have build and not upload....05:48
Tonio_seb128: it is just a testing package, not intended to be publish right now....05:48
seb128Tonio_: no such package in queue, is that a new package or a normal upload?05:49
Tonio_seb128: normal upload05:49
Tonio_seb128: I was wondering who can discard this05:49
seb128Tonio_: dunno how to reject those and if that can be done05:49
Tonio_seb128: argh...05:50
seb128the best way is to do a new upload reverting the changes05:50
Tonio_seb128: I'll do that then....05:50
=== seb128 does a work break, see you later
ograseb128, enjoy05:51
=== svolpe_gerrath [n=Gerrath_@unaffiliated/gerrath] has joined #ubuntu-devel
iwj_doko: Thanks for disposing of that silly bug 126994.05:59
ubotuLaunchpad bug 126994 in python-defaults "update-alternatives does not include python or gcc" [Undecided,Won't fix]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/12699405:59
=== lucas__ is now known as lucas
alleeTonio_: hi06:00
alleeTonio_: were can I get the new debs (for testing and alioth merge)?06:00
cjwatsonmvo: why does command-not-found emit its messages to stdout?06:02
cjwatsonmvo: I think this is a bug and they should go to stderr; I have a somewhat screwed system at the moment that goes like this after a failed fsck:06:02
cjwatsonbash: groups: command not found06:02
cjwatsonbash: lesspipe: command not found:06:02
cjwatsonbash: The: command not found06:02
cjwatsonThe program 'apt-get' is currently not installed. [...] 06:02
cjwatson(I have no idea why it's calling apt-get there ...)06:02
Tonio_allee: http://ubuntu.tonio.homelinux.org/06:03
alleeTonio_: thx06:03
ogracjwatson, do you know if there is a non harmful way to replace a debconf note message in an udeb without turning it into an error ?06:03
ograi heard notes should go away06:04
cjwatsonogra: replace it with what?06:04
Tonio_allee: the only thing I changed in the debian packaging is a patch to hide a few desktop files, which don't need to be in the kmenu as they are all accessible via the systray06:04
cjwatsonogra: oh, notes are still fine in udebs06:04
=== genii [n=user@host6411912762.biz.tor.fcibroadband.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== genii [n=user@host6411912762.biz.tor.fcibroadband.com] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Konversation]
ogracjwatson, ah, ok, the debian bug i got for ltsp sounded like it would be cancelled there as well06:05
alleeTonio_: makes sense.  I've check and ping upstream for 'commit okay'06:05
=== agoliveira [n=adilson@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonogra: it's possible somebody said that notes are deprecated in udebs too, but they're mistaken :-)06:05
carlospedro_: hi06:06
Tonio_allee: btw I don't know if such a patch should be merged upstream.... I'd say yes, but you decide06:06
cjwatsonmvo: ah, in fact apt-get is called because .bashrc evaluates the output of lesspipe which includes command-not-found suggesting an apt-get command to run06:06
alleeTonio_: I'm not upstream :)06:06
pedro_hello carlos!06:06
ogracjwatson, calming :) i wouldnt want a red background just to tell the user something :) they want to make it an error06:06
Tonio_allee: hehe06:07
cjwatsonmvo: do you mind if I file a bug and just make the relevant changes on bazaar.launchpad.net directly?06:08
mvocjwatson: not at all, that is very welcome06:08
=== Tonio_ [n=tonio@hoth.linagora.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Tonio_allee: fyi, just checked, it crashes here :)06:11
alleeTonio_: :)06:11
alleeTonio_: why this strange version and not 1.0~beta4 ?06:12
=== Sunny_Shin [n=sunny@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonmvo: committed; would you upload it? it seems to have a weird source package build process I can't quite manage to reproduce accurately06:15
Tonio_allee: can you remind me of the alioth url for kdebluetooth please ?06:17
asaccalc: do you have a minute testing a ipw3945 workaround?06:17
=== PriceChild [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pdpc.supporter.student.PriceChild] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Tonio_allee: this strange version because it is not the one that should have been uploaded, it was just for personal test :)06:18
mvocjwatson: sure, happy to do so (does bzr-buildpackage --native not work?)06:18
cjwatsonmvo: I normally use debuild -S06:19
=== svolpe_gerrath [n=Gerrath_@unaffiliated/gerrath] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jumpula [i=jussi@smooth.piipiip.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
cjwatsonmvo: it has a debian/arch-build target, and .bzrignore and a scan.data file were missing from the resulting source package when I built it06:20
mvocjwatson: I will check it, the missing scan.data  is quite possible  :/06:20
lamontdebuild -S with the right stuff in ~/.devscripts is love06:21
=== coNP_ [n=conp@unaffiliated/conp] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== j_ack [n=j_ack@p508D8565.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
calcasac: sure, i'll have to grab my laptop06:36
calcasac: booting into gutsy cd now06:39
Riddellcjwatson: I copied out the seed diagram from the sprint into a nicer format http://kubuntu.org/~jriddell/tmp/seeds.png06:40
=== TomB_ [n=tomb@host86-145-195-250.range86-145.btcentralplus.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
Riddellcjwatson: is there a seeds wiki page I can link to there from?  I can't seem to find one just now06:40
calcasac: ping06:41
=== Zdra [n=zdra@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
asaccalc: ok06:43
asaccalc: do you have a process ipw3945d* running?06:43
calcasac: i had to reboot it failed to start X for some reason, grr06:43
calcasac: i'll look for that as soon as it finishes booting06:43
=== ryu2 [n=chris@unaffiliated/ryu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
calcok it worked this time, loading gnome now06:44
=== ryu2 is now known as ryu
calcgrr now its hanging before the gnome splash comes up06:47
=== calc kicks this live cd
asacwell ... i think we need to test when i return then :)06:47
=== munckfish [n=munckfis@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
asaccalc: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=492386&page=306:47
asacthere is a potential workaround at the end06:47
asacmaybe test that06:47
calcok looking06:47
=== Gman [i=gman@nat/sun/x-6f4ab1bc06add70a] has joined #ubuntu-devel
calcmaybe it will boot all the way this time :)06:47
asace.g. restart the " regulatory daemon"06:48
=== rulus [n=rulus_|@192.146-244-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
calcasac: interesting ok i'll test that as soon as i get it up06:48
=== calc hopes the tribe3 cd is just really buggy, otherwise his laptop is dying
kylemdidn't we have tribe3 troubles at the sprint?06:54
calckylem: not sure, i didn't try tribe3 at that time :\06:55
calci heard there might be some kind of issue with it06:55
calcbut not sure what06:55
asactribe3 livecd has fs issues iirc06:56
calcasac: ah that might explain what I am seeing06:56
cjwatsonRiddell: SeedManagement06:59
calcasac: restarting the daemon doesn't seem to help07:00
calcasac: at least in getting NM to connect to a network07:00
cjwatsonRiddell: thanks!07:00
asaccalc: well i would like to see if time needed wpasupplicant alone is improving07:01
=== milli [n=milli@famfrit.acmeps.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
asace.g. just give wpasupplicant essid + driver ... in ap_scan mode 107:01
asacthen see how long it takes until it associates07:01
asacit took stgraber about 2-3 minutes ... which is too long07:02
keescookbryce: can you take a look at http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=6210 ?07:02
asacok out ... bbl07:03
bryceah, openchrome's been on my todo list for some time07:04
brycekeescook: the diff looks good and clean07:07
brycekeescook: I'm curious what "svn357" means07:08
keescookI imagine that's subversion snapshot from rev id 35707:08
calcasac: its taking more than 3min on an open AP07:10
calcasac: i'll try the wpa one07:11
calcasac: the timeout times may be faster though from the looks of it07:11
bryceahh, good call07:12
calcasac: i gave it 4.5min and it still didn't connect to the open AO07:12
brycekeescook: yes I think it'd be good to upload07:12
=== AngryElf_ [n=AngryElf@ip68-98-134-39.dc.dc.cox.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
AngryElf_how would I get in touch with the team/person that packages FF?07:14
cjwatsonAngryElf_: #ubuntu-mozillateam; the lead maintainer just left for the evening though07:18
cjwatsonthere's a corresponding mailing list too07:18
=== mbiebl [n=michael@p549CD73C.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
calcasac: after playing around with associating with the open ap when i tried the wpa ap it did it immediately, so i'm rebooting now to see how long it takes on a fresh boot07:22
=== eggauah_ [n=daniel@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== afflux [i=fnord@pentabarf.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== keyes [n=keyes@easyubuntu/keyes] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== asac [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== keyes_ [n=keyes@easyubuntu/keyes] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ryu [n=chris@unaffiliated/ryu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
affluxIs it safe/recommended to use the reboot script provided by upstart-compat-sysv or sysvinit from an application like that one: http://cs.unm.edu/~dmohr/grub.php (I'm working with upstream to get this packaged for ubuntu)07:37
calcasac: ap_scan can't even find my wpa AP before trying to attach to the open ap from the look of it07:37
calcasac: interesting... :)07:39
calcasac: when i killed and restart daemon it could see both, doing further testing07:39
=== ryu2 [n=chris@unaffiliated/ryu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
calcasac: it saw it at first but checked later and it was no longer in the list07:42
=== ryu2 is now known as ryu
=== cjwatson_ [n=cjwatson@82-69-40-219.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== superm1 [i=malimonc@ubuntu/member/superm1] has joined #ubuntu-devel
superm1Hi guys, when doing usplash artwork, how is the pallete limited on the progress bar?  Is it by the colors used in the full screen image?  I made both indexed images, but the color of the progress bar appears wrong during splash07:50
mjg59superm1: The progress bar has to use the same palette as the rest of the image08:01
superm1that would likely be the issue then08:02
cjwatsonafflux: shouldn't that GUI just call grub-set-default?08:03
=== glatzor [n=renate@p57AEE022.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
mr_pouitcould an archive-admin remove avifile-win32-plugin for amd64 from the buildds? It is not built anymore in gutsy (only for i386), and avifile FTBFS on amd64 because it still tries to build it :/ (cf. http://launchpadlibrarian.net/8598963/buildlog_ubuntu-gutsy-amd64.avifile_1%3A0.7.47.20070718-1ubuntu1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz)08:06
affluxcjwatson: err, yes. I'll tell upstream, thank you :)08:06
=== ryu [n=chris@unaffiliated/ryu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
gesermr_pouit: I'd say you need to patch avifile to call dh_gencontrol in debian/rules with the right package set on amd64 (and similar archs)08:20
=== wereHamster [n=tomc@neopsis.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rendero [n=rendero@unaffiliated/rendero] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== micahcowan [n=micahcow@ubuntu/member/micahcowan] has joined #ubuntu-devel
wereHamsterwhat's Ubuntu's policy on RPATH/RUNPATH?08:29
calcwereHamster: i'm pretty sure its the same as debian's which is don't do it08:35
wereHamstereven RUNPATH is discouraged?08:35
calcRPATH is, i'm not sure about runpath, never actually heard of it08:36
wereHamstercalc, do you have wine installed right now?08:36
wereHamstermarcel@Shuttle:~$ objdump -x `which wine` | grep PATH08:39
wereHamster  RPATH       $ORIGIN/../lib08:39
wereHamsterargh.. why?08:39
=== xnix [n=xnix@n157s046.ntc.blacksburg.shentel.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== phanatic [n=phanatic@53d834ad.adsl.enternet.hu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tseliot [n=tseliot@host65-95-dynamic.7-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== svolpe_gerrath [n=Gerrath_@unaffiliated/gerrath] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== luisbg [n=luisbg@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
calcgrr gateway released a really nice new laptop less than a month after i bought mine :\08:55
=== calc was trying to wait since he knew it was due soon, but couldn't any longer, oh well
calc250gb hd, 2gb ram, n wireless, etc :\08:56
=== kopfgeldjaeger [n=andy@p54AD6392.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== shiyee [n=Shiyee@0x50a16837.abnxx4.adsl-dhcp.tele.dk] has joined #ubuntu-devel
wereHamsterwhat is needed to compile 32bit apps on ubuntu?08:58
kopfgeldjaegerif youre on a 32-bit ubuntu08:58
kopfgeldjaegerif youre on a 64 bit one, try chroot08:59
kopfgeldjaegeri have made a bash script, that downloads videos from video sharing sites (youtube, google video, etc.). it uses a webpage and filters the link... any chance to get such little things in universe? cause theres nothing about youtube and so...08:59
wereHamsterchroot? Don't you have special 32bit packages that [provide 32bit libc.so etc?09:01
calcwereHamster: not for every 32 library, but for libc yes09:02
kopfgeldjaegerhm.. im quite sure that this exists, but if this is easier than a chroot...09:02
=== mvo [n=egon@p54A67551.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== norsetto [n=norsetto@host231-161-dynamic.57-82-r.retail.telecomitalia.it] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ryu [n=chris@unaffiliated/ryu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
superm1well wouldn't it be possible to have a 32 bit pbuilder base to just use instead of maintaining a chroot?09:03
calcsuperm1: yea probably so09:03
=== calc doesn't like pbuilder or at least the way it worked the last time he used it
superm1well i've yet to try sbuild, so pbuilder has done the trick for me normally09:04
Chipzzkopfgeldjaeger: that already existed ;P09:05
mathiazsuperm1: The Pbuilder how-to explains to setup a 32bits pbuilder on a amd64.09:05
geserkopfgeldjaeger: something like youtube-dl or clive?09:05
mathiazsuperm1: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PbuilderHowto09:05
superm1mathiaz, ah good, so i was right :)09:06
kopfgeldjaegerbut NOT in the repos and not for so many sites... well, im sure there is something for more than youtube, but i dont think that theres so much support as the download sites give09:06
geser!info clive gutsy09:07
ubotuclive: Video extraction utility for YouTube and Google Video. In component universe, is optional. Version 0.2.0-1 (gutsy), package size 30 kB, installed size 172 kB09:07
mathiazsuperm1: I had to modify my pbuilder script to support arch base files.09:07
=== hggdh [n=hggdh@pool-71-170-39-244.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
geser!info youtube-dl gutsy09:07
ubotuyoutube-dl: download videos from youtube.com. In component universe, is extra. Version 2007.06.22-1 (gutsy), package size 7 kB, installed size 64 kB09:07
wereHamstercalc, do you have any idea how the 32bit glibc pakcage is named?09:07
geser!info ia32-libs09:08
ubotuPackage ia32-libs does not exist in feisty, feisty-seveas09:08
kopfgeldjaegerwell, apt-cache search sux :d09:08
calcits only available on 64bit platforms though09:08
=== mthaddon [n=mthaddon@canonical/launchpad/mthaddon] has joined #ubuntu-devel
geser!info libc6-i38609:09
=== sahin_h [n=ezaz@dsl5400DBC6.pool.t-online.hu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== luisbg [n=luisbg@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ubotuPackage libc6-i386 does not exist in feisty, feisty-seveas09:09
geser!info libc6-i386 gutsy09:09
ubotuPackage libc6-i386 does not exist in gutsy09:09
calchmm not sure what it is named09:09
calcsearch for libc6* in apt-cache if you are on amd6409:10
gesergah, ubotu doesn't know about package on other archs09:10
calcor apt-cache search 3209:10
geserlibc6-i386 - GNU C Library: 32bit shared libraries for AMD6409:10
kopfgeldjaeger!info network-manager-gnome gutsy09:10
ubotunetwork-manager-gnome: network management framework (GNOME frontend). In component main, is optional. Version 0.6.5-0ubuntu8 (gutsy), package size 138 kB, installed size 1752 kB09:10
calcgeser: ok09:10
superm1http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=libc6&searchon=names&subword=1&version=gutsy&release=all will show them all09:10
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== luisbg [n=luisbg@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== maniacmusician_ [n=maniacmu@24-151-1-004.dhcp.nwtn.ct.charter.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-devel
wereHamsterwhat version of binutils does ubuntu use? I've heard that the nwer versions have --enable-new-dtags enabled by default, but ubuntu's binutils don't09:26
=== hunger [n=tobias@p54A723C7.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== gizmo [n=gizmo@xdsl-87-78-56-226.netcologne.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== milli [n=milli@famfrit.acmeps.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
superm1!info binutils gutsy09:29
ubotubinutils: The GNU assembler, linker and binary utilities. In component main, is optional. Version 2.17.20070718cvs-0ubuntu2 (gutsy), package size 1414 kB, installed size 7376 kB09:29
=== Adri2000_ [n=adri2000@ubuntu/member/adri2000] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== jetscreamer [n=jetscrea@unaffiliated/jetscreamer] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== alex-weej [n=alex@cpc2-darl3-0-0-cust237.midd.cable.ntl.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mc44_ [n=mc44@unaffiliated/mc44] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== mc44_ is now known as mc44
cjwatsonwereHamster: IIRC RUNPATH is ok09:33
cjwatsonbut not RPATH; use of it has burned us (well, Debian) in the past and is thus discouraged09:33
wereHamstersuperm1, thanks (doesn't your nick have one letter too much? :P )09:33
wereHamstercjwatson, ubuntu's wine uses RPATH but not RUNPATH which would override RPATH09:34
cjwatsonit probably gets a lintian warning for that then ...09:35
wereHamsterbinutils-2.17 seems recent enough, I'm wondering why it doesn't use --enable-new-dtags by default09:35
cjwatsonI don't recall exactly though, it's been years09:36
wereHamsterbecause here on gentoo I don't have to pass anything extra to get the wine binary compiled with RUNPATH09:36
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== tarzeau [i=sengun@berlin.ethz.ch] has joined #ubuntu-devel
tarzeaui have a bug in ubuntu, and i have a fix, can i get karma when i close it?09:39
asisaktarzeau: you get some karma points, but if you are not familiar with all the details of bug triage, you should ask on #ubuntu-bugs09:41
cjwatsonyou can only close it if you actually do the upload, in any case09:46
kopfgeldjaegerI have a working ubuntu repository (test). How to create the Releases-file? Packages.gz and Packages.gpg already exist. i want to sign my packages09:47
cjwatsoncontributed fixes would normally just be an attachment with the patch checkbox checked09:47
kopfgeldjaegeror do i have to sign the packages themselves?09:47
cjwatsonkopfgeldjaeger: apt-ftparchive release /path/to/repository09:47
cjwatsonand then create a detached signature for the resulting Release file with gpg09:47
=== gizmo [n=gizmo@xdsl-87-78-1-243.netcologne.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rendero [n=rendero@unaffiliated/rendero] has joined #ubuntu-devel
kopfgeldjaegerok. what does "unknown error while executing gpgv" mean? (translated from german)09:51
kopfgeldjaegerthat comes when apt-get-updating09:51
kopfgeldjaegerapt-ftparchive release /home/andy/repo/ > Releases      was ok, or?09:52
cjwatsonit's Release not Releases, and the error probably means that the format of Release.gpg is wrong09:52
kopfgeldjaegeri mean, instead of Releases "Release"09:52
kopfgeldjaegerno ascii?09:52
=== cjwatson -> away
kopfgeldjaegerstill same problem with non-ascii Release.gpg09:53
=== phanatic_ [n=phanatic@3e70d61b.adsl.enternet.hu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== elkbuntu [n=melissa@ubuntu/member/elkbuntu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== sbalneav [n=sbalneav@S0106000b6a5631f9.wp.shawcable.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
wereHamstersuperm1, is your binutils version patches somehow? if yes, can I see the patches you're using?10:08
superm1wereHamster, That is the binutils version in gutsy10:08
=== Sunny_Shin [n=sunny@] has joined #ubuntu-devel
superm1so not just the one i'm using10:08
superm1the entire package is available here: http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/devel/binutils10:09
wereHamstersuperm1, I'm asking because for example gentoo patches binutils to enable the new dtags by default. Ubuntu doesn't do it AFAICS becuause packages are still compiled with only RPATH10:15
=== ryu [n=chris@unaffiliated/ryu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
superm1wereHamster, perhaps you will want to try a local build with adding --enable-new-dtags and see if that is the case10:19
=== wereHamster is not running ubuntu
superm1ah i see10:19
superm1well if you set yourself up a gutsy chroot, you can at least experiment10:20
superm1gentoo has an ebulid for debootsrap i believe10:20
=== finalbeta [n=gggggggg@d54C6865D.access.telenet.be] has joined #ubuntu-devel
wereHamsterI hope that will do the trick10:21
=== alesan [n=alesan@pD9E5AB88.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
alesando you have an idea if it's possible to go back from the "lss" isolinux image format to the original image in png or similar formats?10:22
wereHamsterI finally found out why yukon/wine wouldn't work on ubuntu.. a least I hope I did :)10:22
=== jrib [n=jrib@upstream/dev/jrib] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== BaD_CrC [n=ns@c-71-231-214-232.hsd1.or.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== cypherbios [n=cypher@ubuntu/member/cypherbios] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ryu2 [n=chris@unaffiliated/ryu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== BaD_CrC [n=ns@c-71-231-214-232.hsd1.or.comcast.net] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== seb128 [n=seb128@ubuntu/member/seb128] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-devel
alesanI would really like to understand the isolinux bootlogo... what is the source image, how was it prepared?10:54
=== wereHamster [n=tomc@neopsis.com] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== Pricey [n=pricechi@ubuntu/member/pdpc.supporter.student.PriceChild] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== asac [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ryu [n=chris@unaffiliated/ryu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== rendero [n=rendero@unaffiliated/rendero] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ogra [n=ogra@ubuntu/member/ogra] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== CydeWeys_ [n=cyde@c-69-143-226-96.hsd1.md.comcast.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
CydeWeys_Can some Ubuntu person please check this URL and see why it isn't properly gzipped on the server?  http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/feisty/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz11:05
CydeWeys_It's causing apt-get update to fail.11:05
CydeWeys_Because apt-get expects it to be gzipped, tries to gunzip a text file, and dies.11:05
=== \sh_away is now known as \sh
=== jonibo [n=jonas@ua-83-227-144-18.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se] has joined #ubuntu-devel
elmoCydeWeys_: works for me11:07
elmoCydeWeys_: that file hasn't been modified in a long time, it's more likely you have a broken web cache between you and the server11:07
CydeWeys_Hrmm, so what do I do?11:08
elmotry 'apt-get -o Acquire::http::No-Cache=1 update'11:08
CydeWeys_elmo: See PM11:10
elmoCydeWeys_: I don't have any - are you registered with freenode?11:10
elmoCydeWeys_: (if not, I suggest a pastebin)11:10
CydeWeys_elmo: http://pastebin.ca/63977711:11
elmoCydeWeys_: that's with the -o Acquire?11:12
CydeWeys_elmo: Yes11:12
elmoCydeWeys_: rm /var/lib/apt/lists/us.archive* and try again11:12
kopfgeldjaegeri just made an apt repository, with gpg verification!11:15
CydeWeys_elmo: Still the same error.11:15
kopfgeldjaegeronly took 5 hours11:15
CydeWeys_elmo: Although it does go through and re-download all of the other ones.11:15
elmoCydeWeys_: ok, in that case, you definitely have a broken web cache between you and the intarwebs11:15
elmoCydeWeys_: you could change from us.archive to pony.archive in your sources.list, that would work around it for now11:16
elmoCydeWeys_: but I suggest you bug your ISP11:16
CydeWeys_elmo: How many ISPs keep web caches?11:16
elmoCydeWeys_: I don't know any that don't11:17
=== ryu2 [n=chris@unaffiliated/ryu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ryu2 is now known as ryu
=== afflux [i=fnord@pentabarf.de] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== blueyed [n=daniel@pdpc/supporter/active/blueyed] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== illovae [n=illovae@uni14-1-82-233-221-131.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== srbaker [n=srbaker@d146-28-66.home1.cgocable.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
CydeWeys_elmo: pony worked, thanks11:23
CydeWeys_This ISP has been nothing but problems.11:24
CydeWeys_It's some kind of business T1.11:24
CydeWeys_elmo: Is there any harm in sticking with pony in the long run?11:25
Nafallolol, pony :-)11:25
CydeWeys_Hey, don't make fun of me.  As far as I'm concerned, pony is the best server, because it's the only one that's working for me.11:26
elmoCydeWeys_: right now, pony.archive == us.archive == archive.ubuntu.com.  in the future, us.archive might become an actual host in the US.  so while it won't cause you any problems, it may make things slower for you one day11:26
elmoCydeWeys_: whether that matters is up to you11:26
CydeWeys_Where is it all hosted now?11:26
elmothe UK11:26
NafalloCydeWeys_: I didn't. I realised pony.archive was archive :-)11:27
=== gverdouw [n=geoff@ppp121-44-208-63.lns1.hba1.internode.on.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== _Apex is now known as Apex
CydeWeys_It kind of sounds like one of the dev's daughters named the server.11:27
NafalloCydeWeys_: cydeweys.archive works as well...11:27
=== beuno [n=martin@ubuntu/member/beuno] has joined #ubuntu-devel
CydeWeys_Oh, so any wildcard subdomain will work?11:28
Nafalloexcept the ones pointing to other places. like se.archive, which I think would also have good speed to the US.11:29
CydeWeys_So now where did the pony idea come from, elmo?11:29
Nafallobut yea, I'll go back to dishes now ;-)11:29
=== dpm [n=dpm@p54A10098.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== srbaker [n=srbaker@d146-28-66.home1.cgocable.net] has left #ubuntu-devel []
=== [diablo] [n=diablo@unaffiliated/miles/x-000000001] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== [diablo] [n=diablo@unaffiliated/miles/x-000000001] has left #ubuntu-devel ["Leaving"]
=== ryu [n=chris@unaffiliated/ryu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
ChipzzCydeWeys_: never seen a presentation by Jeff Waugh?11:58
Chipzz"No you can't have a pony!"11:59
superm1Chipzz, i saw my first presentation by him at Ulive - quite something else.12:01
=== ryu2 [n=chris@unaffiliated/ryu] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== macd_ [n=d@cl-116.atl-01.us.sixxs.net] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== ritvik_zzz [n=ritvik@little-black-box.vmware.com] has joined #ubuntu-devel
=== BenC_ [n=bcollins@collinsap1.phunnypharm.org] has joined #ubuntu-devel

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!