asacUbulette: maybe its even enough to run make install (with --prefix=/usr/local) ... to test how well a firefox-gp/trunk build would (not-) work if build --with-system-xul01:15
asaci doubt that it will *just work* (TM)01:15
asacbut who knows ;)01:15
=== asac_the_2n1 [n=asac@e177174234.adsl.alicedsl.de] has left #ubuntu-mozillateam []
Ubulettetoo bad ppa are so limited in term of archs01:33
Ubulettewill not help us figure out what's wrong with ff301:33
Ubuletteasac, btw, don't you or mike maintained xulrunner in a tree of some kind ?01:39
Ubuletteasac, it's similar to 1.8.*02:28
=== Paddy_EIRE [n=patrick@] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
=== tonyyarusso [n=anthony@ubuntu/member/tonyyarusso] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
=== shirish [n=shirish@] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
shirishasac: Ubulette: either of you up guys?06:52
=== Ubulette [n=Ubulette@APuteaux-153-1-96-79.w86-217.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
asacUbulette: to figure out whats wrong your can prepare a source package and write to debian-mips@l.d.o10:12
asactbird is out ... ok ... back to interrupted workflow ;)10:23
Ubulettelatest trunk broke some extensions10:42
Ubuletteincluding TMP10:42
Ubulettesee you10:52
=== Ubulette is now known as _Ubulette
=== Jazzva [n=sasa@cable-89-216-129-52.dynamic.sbb.co.yu] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
JazzvaMorning :)...11:16
asachi Jazzva11:16
asacJazzva: already finished first exam?11:16
Jazzvaasac: Yeah... I don't think I'll pass this one... though, that's what I expected, since I hadn't been studying it enough...11:17
Jazzvaasac: And I'm not really into analog electronics :)11:17
asacyes ... thats probably painful :)11:17
Jazzvaasac: A lot (but, I may be exaggerating :))... How are the stuff going in here, over there?11:18
asacJazzva: we have bugs that complain that plugin finder service doesn't work on livecd11:19
asachaven't verified that yet11:19
Jazzvas/may\ be/am\ probably/11:19
asacon the other front i am preparing security updates for tbird ... which was released today11:19
Jazzvaasac: Really :(? Damn... I could check it out, though it would probably take half a day to download it, and would be able to do it tomorrow morning anyway...11:20
Jazzvaasac: BTW, I noticed that there is a beta of new Flash plugin... Are we gonna package that one?11:21
Jazzva(though, it didn't work well with youtube videos. It didn't react on click event.)11:22
asacusually we don't care for flash beta11:25
asacin a perfect world we wouldn't care for adobe flash at all ;)11:25
asacbut unfortunately free-flash hasn't come that far yet11:26
Jazzvaasac: Yeah *sighs*...11:26
Jazzvaasac: So, no flash beta packaging? Ok :).11:26
=== JenFraggle [n=jen@] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
=== asac_the_2nd [n=asac@e177174234.adsl.alicedsl.de] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
=== jeromeg [n=jerome@gra94-2-82-66-142-60.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
asacJazzva|away: you there?01:06
jeromeghello all01:07
jeromegasac : any news on the feed bug ?01:07
asacJazzva|away: if you have a minute would be cool if you could try if the plugin finder service installs things for you01:07
asacjeromeg: yes01:07
asacjeromeg: its a bug :)01:08
jeromegasac : really ;) ?01:08
asaci think i found why this is happening ... it's broken when don't have the gnome bits installed01:08
asacand because -gnome-support appears to be empty it doesn't work01:08
asacso we have two bugs: first ... why the hell is this gnome dependent? that should be fixed for real01:08
jeromegyes it's strange01:09
asacsecond: our packaging is broken as gnome-support package is empty and so nobody has the needed bits01:09
asacjeromeg: well i saw its really gnome dependent in code ... it needs coding01:09
jeromegasac : but can't we keep to the upstream way of doing things ?01:10
asacjeromeg: namely, the shell-service we cannot resolve is a *GNOME* component ... we need to write a normal one01:10
asacwe cannot force all gnome dependencies on all users01:10
Jazzva|awayasac: Here now...01:10
asacJazzva|away: there is the bug that it doesn't work on CD ... now it doesn't work in my install anymore01:11
Jazzva|awayShould I pull your branch?01:11
asacwhen did that happen?01:11
asaci mean it worked01:11
asacthe finder service appears to work well01:11
asacJazzva|away: please try ubufox package first01:11
asacthen if that doesn't work try the branch (e.g. produce .xpi and install that)01:11
Jazzva|awayasac: ok... I'll do it now.01:11
Jazzva|awayasac: Was there any change to gnome-app-install?01:12
Jazzva|awayIf you know...01:12
asacbut install isn't working ...01:12
Jazzva|awayIf you don't I'll just look it up...01:12
asacno ... it looks like apturl is not invoked at all01:12
Jazzva|awayOk... I'll try it now...01:12
asaci see an error in error console which looks a bit like it might be the formatted string thing01:12
asacError: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIStringBundle.formatStringFromName] "  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: XStringBundle :: getFormattedString :: line 33"  data: no] 01:12
asacSource File: XStringBundle01:12
asacLine: 3301:12
Jazzva|awayI'll take a look...01:13
asacmaybe the switch to use getFormattedString broke this and our QA failed?01:13
Jazzva|awayBut if I remember correctly, I didn't use the getFormattedString... Though, I did change the getFormattedString to first lookup in local files for strings01:14
asacplease try ... maybe you can track down the regression by going down the bzr revision01:15
Jazzva|awayI'll see what I can find :)01:15
asachmm ... LP has hick-ups again.01:18
Jazzva|away*sigh* I need to wait for update packages list in chroot... That's the place where I don't have to deinstall plugins :)01:23
Jazzvaasac: Hmm... it says that ubufox is already the newest version :/...01:39
JazzvaHmm... I don't remember updating in chroot, but it is already at -0ubuntu201:40
Jazzvaasac: (Maybe) unrelated question: do you use opendns?01:44
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
gnomefreaki guess we released the freeze?01:48
asacwhat do you want uploaded01:48
asacJazzva: why maybe? ... i don't use opendns01:49
gnomefreaknothing atm, i just got 50 updates01:49
gnomefreakthats why i guessed :)01:49
gnomefreakasac: btw iceape doesnt have a profile in ~/01:50
gnomefreakis this normal?01:50
asacits in .mozilla/01:50
gnomefreaknot under name of iceape01:50
asacthere should be a hmm suite/iceape/seamonkey folder?01:50
Jazzvaasac: Well, because I use it and the window title for XStringBundle is "Source of: http://guide.opendns.com/?url=xstringbundle"... Never midn :)01:50
asacgnomefreak: probably its default01:50
asacJazzva: have you checked stepping one revision back?01:51
asacwow that was fast ;)01:51
gnomefreakhmmmm its seems it is default since i think thats the only chatzilla i have installed01:52
JazzvaJust reconnected to my network... Thought that maybe the connection with server will brake, but it didn't :)...01:52
gnomefreakbrb this diet is gonna kill me one of these days01:53
Jazzvaasac: What revision is the one revision back? :)01:53
Jazzvaasac: Umm... how urgent is this check *unsure*? Would it be a problem if I check it tonight? ...around 9pm or something like that01:54
asacJazzva: look at bzr log01:55
asacJazzva: if i didn't do it by that then its fine ... obviously ;)01:55
Jazzvaasac: Sorry... BTW, if you have something else to do, please do it :)... I would like to do this one...01:56
Jazzvaasac: Something popped out over here, that I have to finish :/...01:56
asacsure ... problem is that i want a fix up asap ... but i have even more important things todo atm, so maybe you have luck :)01:57
Jazzvaasac: Yaaay... :)01:57
Jazzvaasac: I'll see you tonight then... Once again, sorry for this...01:57
gnomefreakasac: anything need to be looked at this morning? if not i think im gonna set a temp patch in sunbird to get rid of the updates option02:02
asacgnomefreak: which updates option?02:02
gnomefreakthe one in the menu02:03
gnomefreakhelp>check for updates02:03
gnomefreak@schedule new_york02:08
ubotuSchedule for America/New_York: Current meeting: MOTU Team | 27 Aug 11:00: Screencast Team | 28 Aug 11:00: Ubuntu Server Team meeting | 28 Aug 15:00: Technical Board | 29 Aug 16:00: Edubuntu | 03 Sep 09:00: Community Council02:08
gnomefreakiceape is fucked :(02:10
asacwtf ;)02:10
gnomefreaki only get half a screen and half the menu items02:10
asacwell ... thats apish ... at best ;)02:11
asacgnomefreak: your personal build or the super-official universe package?02:11
asacborked profile?02:11
gnomefreaki just removed 3 .jar files02:11
gnomefreakthey were the 3 extensions02:12
asacwell that might break a lot ;)02:12
asacgnomefreak: have they been installed globally?02:12
gnomefreakhow would removing flashgot.jar extensionmanager.jar and noscript.jar affect it this way02:12
asace.g. as root?02:12
gnomefreakasac: no02:12
asacwhats that?02:12
gnomefreakit is a broken extension manager02:13
asacgnomefreak: point is that iceape doesn't update its gnome registry by just removing the jars02:13
asacso iceape tries to load chrome files from those jars ... which fails ... and break things02:13
gnomefreakit makes installing ectensions easier and allows you to remove them02:13
asacwhere have they been installed ... those jars?02:13
gnomefreakthey were in crome02:14
asacwhat was the full path?02:14
asacif they have been in /usr/lib/iceape/chrome ... you should run update-iceape-chrome once02:14
asacotherwise you might wanna try to fix the chrome.rdf file in your profile by hand02:15
asacat best keep a backup of the profile :)02:15
asacyeah try to fix chrome.rdf manually02:16
asacok lunch now02:26
gnomefreakok have fun02:30
=== jeromeg [n=jerome@gra94-2-82-66-142-60.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
=== jeromeg [n=jerome@gra94-2-82-66-142-60.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
gnomefreakhmmmm it seems the patch for the pref. go button for iceape isnt applied03:16
gnomefreakwho was it that was working on liferea03:23
asacgnomefreak: jeromeg?03:24
jeromegyep ?03:24
gnomefreakno unless he took over for the other person03:24
gnomefreakjeromeg: are you working on liferea by chance?03:25
asacdamn i think i really forgot03:25
jeromeggnomefreak: depending what you mean by working :)03:25
asacprobably looking at changelog might help03:25
jeromeggnomefreak: you might want to have a look at the bug contact in LP03:25
jeromeggnomefreak: there is one and it's not me03:25
jeromegasac : btw I was reviewing some old bugs03:26
jeromegand this seems to be fixed for me : bug 1457603:26
ubotuLaunchpad bug 14576 in firefox "invalid certificate dialog blocks all future pages from loading" [Unknown,Fix released]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/1457603:26
gnomefreakwas it sacater03:26
asacjeromeg: what did that bug claim (please summarize)03:27
asacgnomefreak: no03:27
asacgnomefreak: slomo03:28
jeromeggnomefreak: two bug contcts : Emilio Pozuelo Monfort03:28
jeromegSebastian Drge03:28
gnomefreakit was emilio than03:28
asacyeah pochu and slomo03:28
asaci think both03:28
gnomefreakk i havent seen either around lately03:29
asacgnomefreak: wasn't it you who wasn't around ;)03:29
asacjust in case you forgot that your perception might be prolonged by that fact :)03:29
jeromegasac : when you didn't confirm/reject and invalid certificate it would prevent other pages to be opened in FF until you confirm/reject it03:30
asacok that is really gone?03:30
jeromegI can't reproduce it on my Xubuntu Feisty box03:30
jeromegit only blocks the window where the certificate is03:31
jeromegand you can open other pages03:31
asacok close it fix released and say that it appears to be fixed in 2.0.0.x03:31
jeromegand browse03:31
asacjeromeg: fine03:31
asactell reporter he might open if he still sees this in
asacaeh .603:31
jeromegasac : done03:32
gnomefreakim out for a bit have to get food shopping and shit done before weekend03:57
=== Paddy_EIRE [n=patrick@] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
=== jeromeg [n=jerome@gra94-2-82-66-142-60.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
=== cwong1 [i=chatzill@nat/intel/x-5b210fd65b547e3e] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
cwong1asac: good afternoon05:24
=== asac_the_2n1 [n=asac@e177172059.adsl.alicedsl.de] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
asac_the_2n1welcome back cwong1 ;)05:27
asac_the_2n1hope you had a nice holiday05:27
cwong1asac_the_2n1: did have a nice vacation but hurt myself from hiking...05:28
asac_the_2n1can you still move?05:28
cwong1asac_the_2n1: yea05:28
cwong1anyway I talked to bob and we agreed on getting the menu hildonize first and then the top level window later05:29
cwong1Will you have time to work on this in the next week or so?05:29
asac_the_2n1yep ... thats what i know as well05:29
=== asac_ [n=asac@debian/developer/asac] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
asac_the_2n1cwong1: the tree builds a native midbrowsercomps shared library which for now contains the hildoneservice05:30
asac_the_2n1... which currently does nothing, but should follow soon05:30
cwong1is it already checked-in to the WORKING?05:30
asac_the_2n1someone should start to do the new menu xul ... and even add the xbl that makes out of menubar just a normal popup for now05:31
asac_the_2n1hopefully you can :)05:31
cwong1great,  I will re-layout the menus and look into themeing next week05:31
asac_the_2n1cwong1: cool ... afaik kwwii is into theming, but it wouldn't hurt if you can provide the technical basis05:32
asac_the_2n1as he is not a programmer05:32
cwong1kwwii is a user, right?05:32
asac_the_2n1no he is our (canonical) artist05:33
cwong1oh, I think I met him at Google..05:33
asac_the_2n1i think he does the hildon theme ... but he hasn't really started from what i understood when i asked him on #ubuntu-mobile05:33
asac_the_2n1for its its just important that the theming can be done (hopefully just by copying a gtkrc rule)05:34
asac_the_2n1and maybe take a glance at how it looks like :)05:34
cwong1Will you be able to spend time working on hooking up the xevent in hildon in the next 2 weeks?05:34
asac_the_2n1i plan to do another bunch today05:34
cwong1I will chat with kwii and bob05:34
cwong1today we are going thru the schedule05:35
asac_the_2n1from what i saw it is even simpler ... only thing is to recognize which menu is in current top window05:35
asac_the_2n1but judging from hildon code i looked at this isn't a big problem either05:35
asac_the_2n1we can just copy the way they do it (i hope)05:35
asac_the_2n1there is a nsHildonXEventService.idl in new tree05:36
cwong1also, if you question I can provide you a contact to nokia05:36
asac_the_2n1basically the overlayed menubar will just register itself as listener and then will receive hide/show events05:36
asac_the_2n1cwong1: is nokia contact online? or just through mail?05:36
cwong1yes he is on ubuntu-mobile most of the time05:37
cwong1asac_the_2n1: I will ask bob for his username and email and sent to you some time today05:37
asac_the_2n1ok thanks05:37
cwong1asac_the_2n1: I have a question reguarding add-ons05:38
cwong1asac_the_2n1: I was having problem install add-on with midbrowser.  I think it has to do with version.05:38
asac_the_2n1we have a distinct app-id05:38
asac_the_2n1so you won't be able to install firefox addons ... which is sane as most hooks they use will probably not exist05:39
asac_the_2n1however for some extensions it might work ... like addblock et al05:39
asac_the_2n1those we just need to check that they work and tell author to add our app-id to compability list05:39
asac_the_2n1or provide them on our own05:39
cwong1Is that a way to work around this?05:39
asac_the_2n1not unless you want to use official firefox app-id ... but that is not really a solution.05:40
asac_the_2n1the app-id exists to identify if an extension will work05:40
asac_the_2n1and we cannot say that we work with all firefox extensions05:40
cwong1I thouhgt in the previous version 2.0.04 it only looks at the version number05:41
asac_the_2n1yes ... but that was just because we didn't yet have our own application05:41
cwong1that might be a problem.  In our PRD, we says we supports existing addons.05:41
cwong1our own application?05:42
asac_the_2n1... which is impossible (and whatever you do it wouldn't be possible) ... on a broad base ... moblin.org should setup their own addons site ... and import/synch those addons that work05:42
asac_the_2n1cwong1: addons heavily rely on UI elements that exist05:43
asac_the_2n1and since we don't have all ui elements that firefox has, lots of extensions would break05:43
asac_the_2n1so yes ... we have our own application called "midbrowser"05:43
cwong1like existing thems...05:43
asac_the_2n1cwong1: its rather simplish to maintain a list of tested themes extensions and auto import them ... adding our app-id to install.rdf05:44
asac_the_2n1its definitly worth the efford05:44
asac_the_2n1but allowing users to install every firefox extension without us reviewing/testing it first would contribute bad to user-experience05:44
cwong1hmmm... I will have to discuss this with bob.  This will definitely add more times to our schedule..05:45
cwong1thanks for the info05:46
asac_the_2n1... and i am pretty sure that bob knows about this ... what we have is a working extension mechanism with the likelyhood that we can reuse a good bunch of existing extensions .... hopefully we will get enough momentum to build up our own extension community then05:46
cwong1ok  I have to attend a meeting,  Will catch up with you later...05:47
asac_the_2n1cwong1: yes options are: 1. setup something to easily any extension we QAed to work with midbrowser ... 2. just provide a few (most important ones) that we know that they work. 3. not sure05:47
asac_the_2n1note that we could do 2. for the beginning and then improve our service to get 1 later05:47
asac_the_2n1yes cu05:47
cwong1ok.  I have a list here and will go thru them and see which one works.05:48
asac_the_2n1cwong1: yes... just add our app-id to install.rdf05:48
asac_the_2n1(to test)05:48
asac_the_2n1the app-id is in nsMidbrowserApp.cpp05:49
=== jeromeg [n=jerome@gra94-2-82-66-142-60.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
=== jeromeg [n=jerome@gra94-2-82-66-142-60.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
=== jeromeg [n=jerome@gra94-2-82-66-142-60.fbx.proxad.net] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
=== _Ubulette is now known as Ubulette
=== Ubulette is now known as Ubulette_
Ubulette_damn xchat07:16
asachi Ubulette_08:09
=== Ubulette [n=Ubulette@APuteaux-153-1-3-156.w82-124.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
asachi Ubulette08:20
Ubulettefighting with my sound..08:20
asacyeah ... looks like :)08:20
asacand with your nick ;)08:20
Ubulettegutsy killed it08:20
asacoh no08:20
asacdon't scare me08:20
asacjust wanted to upgrade my production system :)08:20
Ubulettenew kernel08:20
asacthe latest revision broke it?08:21
Ubulettealsa and the last kernel don't match some audio card08:21
asacdidn't knoiw that there was anything signifcant new in it08:21
Ubulette  * ubuntu: Disable snd-hda-intel, in favor of lum updated version08:21
asacah ... yeah use the lum one then :-D08:21
Ubuletteso it's not really a bug08:21
asachmm ... transitions should rock in ubuntu08:22
Ubulettewell, as I cant use the previous kernel without trashing X (nvidia powaaaa), i have to recompile alsa k module08:24
Ubulettemodule-assistant is quite nice to make that easy08:25
Ubuletteasac: here is what xulrunner trunk installed: http://pastebin.mozilla.org/18889808:27
asacUbulette: are the /usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9a8pre/sdk/lib/ *.so files the same as in pkglibdir?08:28
asacor even links?08:28
Ubulettein fact, all moz apps are like that. we dropped the versionning in gp/trunk08:28
asacok ... makes sense08:29
asacwhat about package-config files08:29
asacdo they work well?08:29
asacare stable and unstable symbols (as sorted in include) represented by their own libs?08:30
asacor is it a mixup?08:30
asacUbulette: ... and please post the content of    7.08:30
asac      /etc/gre.d/1.9a8pre.system.conf08:30
asacyeah ... of that file08:30
asacand the gre.d ?08:32
Ubulette[1.9a8pre] 08:33
Ubulettethat makes sense08:34
=== asac wonders if they will use 1.9 or
asaccannot remember for sure what they did for 1.808:34
Ubulettethat's go for
Ubuletteas they did /usr/lib/xulrunner-
asacyeah ... that sucks for real then08:35
Ubulettewe can drop the last digit for sure08:35
Ubulettemaybe the 3rd too08:35
Ubulettebut not the first two08:35
asacjust the last08:35
asacbut that is not given of course08:36
asaci think we should handle it like as if we track ABI/API08:36
Ubulettethat would already be an improvement for us08:36
asacif we see breakage we bump the last digit08:36
asacotherwise we keep it unmodified08:37
Ubulettelike ship libxul1.9.0-dev-1.9a8pre08:37
asace.g. we get to know in they broke something ... we use xulrunner- afterwards ... before we stay
Ubuletteand later libxul1.9.0-dev-
Ubuletteetc. lile gstreamer08:38
asacand what if the above case comes?08:38
Ubulettei meant libxul1.9.0-dev-1.9~a8pre08:38
asacas source package version?08:39
asacor is that a debian revision in the back?08:39
UbuletteI mean, prepending 2 or 3 digits to all package names so we can install several for differents apps08:40
Ubulettelook at gstreamer08:40
asacthough gstreamer represents two branches08:40
asac0.8 and 0.1008:40
Ubulettethere are tons of gstreamer0.8-* and tons of gstreamer0.10*08:40
asacwhile 1.9.0.x is one branch08:40
asacthat is solely security/stability maintenance ... but with the chance that abi/api breaks08:41
Ubulettewe could have 1.8.1, 1.9.0, 1.9.1 or just 1.8, 1.908:41
asacespecially for the unstable parts08:41
asacbut what08:41
asac20:37 < asac> e.g. we get to know in they broke something ... we use xulrunner- afterwards ... before we stay
asacwhat in case breaks compatibility08:42
Ubuletteshould not, according to their propaganda08:42
Ubuletteit should be then08:42
asacwell .. i am not sure where you read that ... but from what i know they don't have an official policy for that08:42
Ubulettelast digit is security fix or last minute fix08:43
asacthey say according to benjamin you should link to static stub ... and that will find a suitable gre for you08:43
asacUbulette: yes, but there is no policy that security fix doesn't break unstable api elements08:43
asacthey will deliberately do it when it becomes obvious that its too difficult to do otherwise08:43
asacif they had such a policy, they would probably install to xulrunner-1.9.0 on their own08:44
asacbut they say that thy don't care a bit that you have to respin applications08:44
asacand that you should better use the static xpcom stub08:45
asacthen using shared libs08:45
asacas that is the ultimate solution et al08:45
asac(all this stupid things)08:45
asacUbulette: http://benjamin.smedbergs.us/blog/2006-02-22/debian-versioning-of-mozilla-libraries-harmful/08:46
asacread just the section "the proven solution"08:46
Ubuletteglue(_s).a is good but it means many installed xul at the same time08:46
asacUbulette: no he really means it useful as an upgrade path08:47
asacso you won't have to recompile even though you roll out /usr/lib/xulrunner-
asache? :)08:48
asace.g. you link statically against glue from
asacthen you start ... and the glue loads .. because it figures out its compatible08:49
asacthats how i understand what he writes08:49
asacotherwise it doesn't make sense at al ... and i suppose he is not completely unreasonable08:49
asacUbulette: iirc they maintain compatibility hints somewhere ... but i might have dreamed that08:55
asacUbulette: if that magic glue autodetects best?? xulrunner works, we can just ship it as is08:55
asacmaybe we should try and see what happends when a9 is out :)08:55
asacwhatever :)08:56
asaca9 will be the first upsream bump (or beta)08:56
asacif its a bump for them at all08:56
Ubuletteso how do we name packages ?08:56
asacfor now just stuff everything in xulrunner-1.9 and xulrunner-devel-1.908:57
asacas that appears to be the way that want it08:57
asace.g. name it like they name the pkglibdir08:57
asacwhat version to append depends on what we want to be allowed in parallel08:57
asacmaybe use 1.9.008:58
UbuletteI would tend to go for foo1.9, libfoo1.9, libfoo1.9-dev, foo1.9-dev foo1.9-gdb, etc08:58
asacno we don't ship it as a lib08:58
asacas its not a lib in that sense08:58
asacits a runner and an sdk08:58
asaceverything else gives false impressions08:58
Ubuletteyeah, u're right08:59
asacwait a sec08:59
asacthere is a vision from the same guy how to package it :)08:59
asacdo you have the master make install bug id?09:00
Ubulettemozilla bug 38690409:01
ubotuMozilla bug 386904 in Build Config "DIST_FILES and DIST_CHROME_FILES not implemented for install:: target in config/rules.mk" [Normal,Assigned]  http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=38690409:01
asacUbulette: http://benjamin.smedbergs.us/blog/2006-03-27/building-the-xulrunner-sdk/09:02
asacI would like some feedback on this proposal, especially as it affects RPM packages and Linux distributions. My current idea for RPM structures would look like this:09:02
asac    * XULRunner-1.9 RPM09:02
asac      ships the contents of dist/bin to /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.909:02
asac    * XULRunner-dev-1.9 RPM09:02
asac      depends on XULRunner-1.909:02
asac      ships the contents of dist to /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9-dev09:02
asac      /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9-dev/bin is a symlink to /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9 (to avoid having to ship two copies of the XULRunner runtime)09:02
asaci think we should just adapt that and see how far we get ...09:03
asacand each package shipts its own /etc/gre.d info file09:04
asacthen we have to review debian packages and take care that they don't link against shared-libs directly09:04
asacbut use static glue09:04
asacwhich can be quite some work09:04
asacand will probably reveal a bunch of problem09:04
asacbut i think epiphany should be prepared for that09:05
asacas it builds on redhat and redhat packages like mozilla wants already09:05
=== Admiral_Chicago [n=FreddyM@st074039212101.monm.edu] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
asacfurthermore ... would be interesting to see how well their own xul application firefox-gp can handle to just link to static glue09:06
asacif it doesn't we should really talk to this guy ;)09:06
asacanyway ... i think libnspr and libnss can stay as they are ... as they are real libs ... and you can build xulrunner against system-XXX09:07
asacand the soname versioning allow automatic shlibs depends detection ... which is fine as well09:07
Ubuletteok, i'll start experimenting once i've quiltified xulrunner 1.809:10
Ubulettestill no sound, I'm getting nervous...09:10
asacoh :)09:11
asacwhy do you quiltify xulrunner?09:11
asacthe package will be completely different09:11
asacbetter start from scratch09:11
asacit should be really trivial to package if we just stick to upstream09:11
asacjust cdbs with nothing else09:11
asacand quilt to add patches that we need now09:11
asacmike will never accept to adapt the packaging that we try ... so there is no benefit to stick to the way he likes09:12
asacjust do it how you like it09:12
Ubulettethen i can trash my branch and start from scratch09:12
asacwell ... maybe keep it in case we get to know that packaging the upstream way won't get us anywhere09:12
asac(which i don't hope)09:12
=== Paddy_EIRE [n=patrick@] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
asacUbulette: and maybe mike wants your quiltification for 1.8 ... if you already started09:13
Ubulettenot yet, i've just imported his xulr as it was09:15
asacah ... ok09:16
Ubulettenot much time that week09:16
asacthats fine ;) .... actually i am a bit unsure what bsmedberg wants ... he installs with 4 digit versioning ... but in his widget he just ships two digits09:16
asaci think we want 3 digits ;)09:17
asacand i think thats what he wants as well09:17
Ubuletteme too09:17
asacat least in the package name09:17
asacthe pkglibdir might be 4 digits09:17
asacwe have to test if the glue is really that samrt09:17
Ubulettelet's hope it is09:17
asace.g. that it picks up the most recent that is compatible09:17
asacmaybe look in code :)09:17
asacshouldn't be too hard09:18
asaci can do that later09:18
asactoday maybe09:18
Ubulette1st thing 1st, reboot to see if my new alsa worked09:18
asacif pkglibdir is 4 digites we can also ship plain 1.9 with two digit in package name and in case there is a 1.9.1 series just expand the package name to 3 digits09:18
asacUbulette: is the xulrunner upstream orig available on your server?09:19
=== asac looking
Ubuletteit is09:20
Ubulettea few days old09:20
Admiral_Chicagodoes someone know how I can fix this http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/7553/problemoa2.png09:21
Admiral_Chicagothis happens when I try to launch the browser09:23
=== Ubulette [n=Ubulette@APuteaux-153-1-3-156.w82-124.abo.wanadoo.fr] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
Ubulettegood. fixed :)09:24
asacAdmiral_Chicago: where does that happen?09:28
asacdo you use trunk?09:28
asacor on stable ffox?09:29
asacbug 11903809:31
ubotuLaunchpad bug 119038 in enigmail "MASTER Key management / Recipient Key Selection broken (endless loop in EnigConvertToUnicode)" [Undecided,Fix committed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/11903809:31
Admiral_Chicagoasac: when i use stable, when i'm launching firefox09:34
Admiral_Chicagolaunching from the console just says "Segmentation fault (core dumped)"09:35
asacwhat did you do?09:43
asacsince when do you get that?09:43
asacAdmiral_Chicago: have you replaced libnss/libnspr with ubulettes version?09:44
Admiral_Chicagono, was i supposed to09:50
Admiral_Chicagoi think it was when i was moving profile09:50
Ubuletteasac, gnomefreak, trunk 3.0a8pre+cvs20070824t1108 is in my repo if you're interested10:16
Ubuletteasac, what about the -trunk name in nspr/nss ? I think it's useless (only in source, not in debs)10:20
asacthats good to have10:27
asacso we can have both in one archive ;)10:27
asacUbulette: we already taked about that before?10:27
Ubulettedont remember the details10:28
asacdifferent source package + name bin package gives us options ... like testing the transition we will do at some point et al10:29
asacs/name bin package/same name for bin packages/10:29
Ubulettebut xul control file will not show that "trun" thing, no way10:30
asacwhat do you mean?10:30
asacxul doesn't build nspr/nss ... but uses our system libs ... did you ask that?10:31
Ubuletteso it will just be nss >= x ?10:33
asacactually it should automatically detect the bin depends10:33
asacbut for -dev package its true ... yes.10:33
Ubulettehm, ok10:34
asacmaybe you have to generate the appropriate lower build in nss-trunk package ... like its done in current stable packages10:34
asacs/lower build in/lower version constraint during build of/10:35
asacdamn ... i should better go to bed10:35
asaccannot phrase any basic sentences10:35
Ubulettei'm tired too. I should start that tomorrow10:36
Ubuletteyep, that's best10:36
asacok ... then night ;) ... cu tomorrow!10:37
gnomefreak:( i have to fix nss nspr now ill be around for a bit10:42
asacgnomefreak: why?10:44
asacisn't everything allright?10:44
asacfor you?10:44
gnomefreakfor PPA10:44
gnomefreakwhere is his nss and nspr branches?10:44
asacthere you should find10:45
gnomefreakty found i think10:45
Ubulettei'm still there (just not doing xul thing)10:45
Ubulettewhat's broken ?10:46
gnomefreakUbulette: it was something i did10:46
gnomefreaki think10:47
gnomefreaksince its only mt2 that fails10:47
Ubulettewould be nice to bzr those new files10:48
asacNEW files?10:48
gnomefreakwhen i get it done and it builds ill set up branch so you can merge the changes if that is what you mean10:49
Ubulettewell, I don't know what you had to change for those two ppa attempts10:49
asacprobably just changelog10:50
UbuletteI guess ppa is at least one new file10:50
gnomefreakchangelog and control10:50
asacnew==updated or new=added?10:50
asacgnomefreak: why control?10:50
asacah right10:50
asacSection thing10:51
gnomefreakthats wher eyou change libs to universe/libs10:51
asacwhat happens if you don't?10:51
Ubulettegoes in main10:51
asace.g. just use libs (unmodified)10:51
asacyeah ... but what is main for ppa?10:51
gnomefreakcant have to use universe/libs10:51
asacso how does the apt line look for our ppa?10:52
asacdo we have main and universe there as well?10:52
asaci somehow don't understand why they did that split10:53
asacprobably only to reduce possible build-depends ... so you can test in a more *real* enviornemnt10:53
gnomefreakmain shouldnt have been in there at this point but since i left binaries section alone it put bins in main and source in universe10:54
=== Jazzva [n=sasa@cable-89-216-129-52.dynamic.sbb.co.yu] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
Jazzvaasac, you there?10:58
asacwell not really11:00
asacwhats up?11:00
Jazzvaasac: Well, finished everything that I had and am going to take a look at ubufox now...11:01
asaci didn't do it so far11:01
asachelp appreciated11:01
Jazzvaasac: Ok, I'll see what I can do now... Sorry for just leaving like that earlier...11:02
Ubuletteguys, could you document how to use the mt ppa ?11:02
asacno need to be sorry11:02
asacUbulette: which perspective? user or developer?11:03
asactechnically or policy?11:03
asacwhat info do you need?11:03
asachow to upload?11:03
Jazzvaasac: On the other side, the reply from fakenes' upstream about cbuild relicensing came and it's not really good :/.. They can't relicense the build system, as it's not their, and stuff... I can forward you the mail. I don't think it will be any close to free for gutsy.11:03
asacJazzva: well ... the idea was not to relicense, but to use a different build system11:04
asacthey should go away from that evil thing11:04
Ubulettei don't even know what and where.. dput, debuild ?11:04
Jazzvaasac: Yeah, she mentiond that's not possible too... :/11:04
asacUbulette: ah ... ok we can document that11:04
Jazzvaasac: Not possible at the moment, that is...11:05
asacUbulette: its basically source-only uploads (so -S -sa on first orig.tar.gz ... then -S -si)11:05
asacyou have to specify the right distribution in changelog11:05
asacthen dput or dupload to ppa11:05
=== wojtekka [n=wojtekka@] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
asaci will bug gnomefreak to post his dput.cf entry as an example11:05
asacUbulette: you need a gpg key in launchpad i guess11:06
Ubulettealready there11:06
asacUbulette: please don't use a zero-password one11:06
asacthen using that key should be enough11:06
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
Ubulettewhy not a no password key ?11:06
asacyou can use gpg-agent i guess ... if you hate to type a password11:07
asacwell ... its obvious isn't it?11:07
asacyou might loose your key ... we might not notice ... upload goes in pest goes in11:07
Ubuletteyou think you can get my priv key ??11:07
asacwell ... it might happen11:07
wojtekkaasac: hi, can i bother you again with network-manager bug 101857?11:07
ubotuLaunchpad bug 101857 in network-manager "WPA doesn't work with NetworkManager using the bcm43xx driver (works with wpa_supplicant)" [Unknown,Confirmed]  https://launchpad.net/bugs/10185711:08
asacwojtekka: i have it running here11:08
asacwojtekka: it works perfectly11:08
JazzvaUbulette: Take a look at this, there's an example of dput.cf there https://help.launchpad.net/PPAQuickStart11:08
asacwojtekka: try to get new firmware11:08
JazzvaUbulette: And a quick guide how to configure it :)11:08
wojtekkaasac: on a PPC?11:08
asacwojtekka: i am currently doing a testrun ... my laptop with bcm43xx showed 24G over the internet11:08
asacthe last few days11:08
asacwithout any hick-ups11:09
asacwojtekka: no ... not ppc11:09
asacppc not supported ... you know ;)11:09
asaccan you use fwcutter on ppc at all?11:09
asacor is it something different?11:09
Ubuletteoh.. you need to be an ubuntero to use a ppa11:09
wojtekkaasac: so maybe that's why it works for you. it's just endianness issue in libnm.11:09
wojtekkaasac: fwcutter works fine. in fact everything works fine except WPA.11:10
asacwojtekka: if you are so sure, please retitle the bug11:10
asacto reflect the endianess issue11:10
asacand at best track down the code that doesn't deal well with endianess11:10
asacbtw, is endianess really different on ppc ?11:10
asacvs. x86?11:10
wojtekkaasac: PPC is big-endian, so yes, it's different.11:11
asacthen change the bug title if you are sure11:11
asacand drop the place where endianess has to be dealt with11:11
asaci can then see if i can come up with a patch11:11
wojtekkaasac: i have patches for feisty and gutsy already. the only problem is that i've messed something up with my system and NM connects only sometimes to WPA network (as opposed to _never_ connects without the patches).11:14
asacwojtekka: have you asked upstream to verify the patches?11:15
wojtekkaasac: but as these patches are very simple and i've dealt with endianness issues in the past, i believe that they are correct. is there anythink like sid in Ubuntu? someplace where packages are uploaded to be tested before going to gutsy repos?11:15
asacthey probably want them as well11:15
asacno ... there is no such place11:15
asacbut we can try it11:16
asaci know other people with ppc who could verify ... and if nm gets worse for them we can always revert it11:16
=== gnomefreak [n=gnomefre@ubuntu/member/gnomefreak] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
gnomefreakdamnit here we go again :(11:17
wojtekkaasac: NM 0.6.4 didn't support big-endian systems at all, so Ubuntu package includes a patch. NM 0.6.5 pretends to support big-endian, but config.h with all defines from configure isn't included in the only file that is endian-dependent.11:18
wojtekkaasac: anyway, I can attach patches to the bugreport and send them upstream for review.11:19
asacwojtekka: so 0.6.5 patch is rather trivial?11:19
asacwojtekka: please don't attach 0.6.4 we will not update it11:20
asacwe live for the future11:20
asacwojtekka: or is the 0.6.4 patch now trivial (given that there already is a patch that tries to achieve that) ?11:20
wojtekkaasac: both patches are trivial and non-intrusive for little-endian systems.11:21
asacok well attach both ... let me look11:21
wojtekkaasac: for 0.6.4 we need to add "#undef WORDS_BIGENDIAN" to config.h.in, for 0.6.4 and 0.6.5 it's simple #include "config.h" in one file.11:21
asacand try to submit 0.6.5 patch upstream11:21
asacthey are still maintaining the  0.6 branch though they are pushing for 0.711:22
gnomefreakasac: the emails im getting on iceape that was fixed upstream was that in 1.1.4 or will be fixed in 1.1.511:24
asacno idea which ones you refer to11:24
asacemails on debian maintainers list?11:24
asacfrom when?11:25
gnomefreaki think sunbject was add-on11:25
gnomefreakasac: yes today11:25
gnomefreaki think it was dejavu fonts crash11:25
asacwell ... fixed-upstream usually means that its fixed upstream and not yet in debian ... so given that 1.1.4 is in debian it probably isn't fixed in it11:25
asacotherwise it can mean anything ... from fixed in 1.1.5 ... to fixed on trunk11:26
asacyeah that one i don't understand as well11:26
asacoh well i understand11:26
asacupstream fixed that iceape doesn't crash when the symlink is dangling11:26
asac... while the real issue ... the dangling symlink has not yet been tracked down11:26
gnomefreakah ok11:27
asacgnomefreak: do you use a passphrase for you gpg key?11:27
asachopefully at least 16 characters ;)11:28
=== gnomefreak cant barely remember 7 you want me to remember 16 :(
=== Paddy_EIRE [n=patrick@] has joined #ubuntu-mozillateam
JazzvaKonqueror is fun... I tried to open one website (deezer.com...) in it, so I can test ubufox in Firefox... and konqueror freezed...11:32
asacJazzva: could you track down the checkin that caused the issue?11:33
JazzvaWell, I'm currently at 29th revision... testing it now :/11:33
asacwhat is the topmost?11:33
asacah maybe its simpler to unapply the ones that might have caused this by patching reversed11:34
JazzvaThough I'm skipping the even ones... when I find the odd, then I'11:34
Jazzva*I'll test the odd+111:34
asace.g. bzr diff -r 28..29 | patch -p0 -R11:34
Jazzva*the odd one that works11:34
asacdid 28 still work?11:34
JazzvaI'll see that in the next test :)11:34
JazzvaI'm just not sure how we missed this11:35
JazzvaIt worked nice, as in it run apt-get...11:35
asacwell ... its always the same ... at some point you take things for granted that you shouldn't11:36
JazzvaWell, in rev 29 it's not running g-a-i, but that was the point where I was working on getFormattedString :/...11:37
JazzvaI'll see if rev 30 works11:37
asacno try 2811:37
asactry the last revision that works11:37
asacfind the last ... i mean11:38
JazzvaOk... trying #2811:38
asacactually imo you should just try to fix getformattedstring11:38
asace.g. by returning static string11:38
asacand see if it goes away11:38
asacas we already have an idea11:38
asacthis revision downtracking is more useful if you have no idea at all11:38
JazzvaOk... Just to try rev 28... :)11:38
gnomefreakok cool nss is building :)11:42
=== gnomefreak jumps up and down yelling yay!
JazzvaOk... 28 works11:43
JazzvaThere's probably no change in getFormattedString here :)11:43
asacyeah so patch 29 is the intruder11:44
asachow does the checkin look like?11:44
asac(please show that diff)11:44
JazzvaProbably... and maybe rev 3011:44
asacok ... i think just fix that method and commit on top11:44
asactry first by returning static string to see that its really the problem11:44
asacif that works find real solution11:44
JazzvaOff for a smoke, brb...11:46
wojtekkaasac: okay, done. patches with description sent to launchpad and bugs.gnome.org. are you monitoring gnome bugs or do you want me to let you know when NM guys will have reviewed the patch for 0.6.5?11:52
Jazzvaasac: Tested, works with static string... I'll try to find out what's the error... right after the smoke I  still have not started :).11:54
asacwojtekka: can you cc me to gnome bug?12:06
asacshould be a valid email12:06
gnomefreakok nss and nspr are fixed both built in PPA without issues12:13
wojtekkaasac: done.12:18
asacwojtekka: thanks12:20
wojtekkaasac: anything to make my laptop work ;)12:25
gnomefreakUbulette: https://code.launchpad.net/~gnomefreak/nspr/ubuntu-4.x https://code.launchpad.net/~gnomefreak/nss/ubuntu-3.x  fully updated and are both built in PPA12:26
gnomefreakfinally finished with those :)12:28
Ubulettehow do i tell cdbs to work in "mozilla" and not in "." ?12:37
Ubuletteasac, gnomefreak ?12:37
gnomefreakUbulette: those are the changes made that you wanted12:37
Ubulettegnomefreak, yes, but I'm wondering if we should integrate that for good or jsut keep it for ppa12:38
gnomefreakUbulette: for now PPA not sure when asac wants to intergrate it to gutsy but the PPA is a mozilla team testing repo as mine was until domain issue12:39
Ubulette(my answer was DEB_SRCDIR)12:41
Ubulettegnomefreak, ok12:41
gnomefreakanyone happen to know how to strip DRM from a .wma12:42
Jazzvaasac: Returning the "getString" and "getFormattedString" to previous states (unapplying my changes) fixes the problem, but that way we're not able to call string from out properties file.12:45
Jazzvaasac: As far as I can see, the problem might be somewhere in the test "if (!result)12:45
Jazzvaanyone: Is it legitimate to test if string result is null using "if (!result)" in JS?12:46
asacyes i think so12:47
Ubulettechecking for NSPR - version >= 4.0.0 (skipping)... yes12:47
Ubuletteconfigure: error: system NSPR does not support PR_STATIC_ASSERT12:47
Ubulettefor sure, xul trunk wants a fresher nspr :)12:48
Jazzvaasac: Then I can't see the problem at the moment :/... I found a tutorial on MDC about .properties file and how to get strings from it... well, they're using the same we use...12:48
asacJazzva: so you cannot find the pluginFinderWizard ?12:48
Ubulettechecking for nspr-config... /usr/bin/nspr-config12:48
Ubulettechecking for NSPR - version >= 4.0.0 (skipping)... yes12:48
Jazzvaasac: But I think the problem comes in the "if" test12:48
asacJazzva: try to look if you find the elemnt12:48
asacJazzva: yes12:49
Jazzvaasac: Since it fetches the string from our file, but it fails if it's not in our file...12:49
asacyou should not just trust that the pluginFinderWizard element can be found12:49
asacif you cannot find it open an alert12:49
asacdo the same for the first one12:49
asacits too dangerous to assume that all is fine12:49
asacJazzva: try if you can open the resource the fallback refers to ... chrome://mozapps/locale/plugins/plugins.properties12:51
asaccan you open that through location bar?12:51
Jazzvaasac: but it fetches the string from pluginWizardString if I don't use the "if" test12:51
JazzvaI'll see12:51
asacJazzva: the if is certainly not the problem12:51
JazzvaYes, I can12:51
asacto be sure test result != null12:51
asacJazzva: is the key we are looking for in that properties file?12:52
asacand if so ... is it a formatted string at all?12:52
JazzvaNooo, it's nt.12:52
asacyou see12:52
asacthats the problem12:52
JazzvaBut, how does it fetch it when I don't use the "if"?12:52
JazzvaOk, I'll test with alert windows, to see if string is there12:56
Jazzvaasac: Hmm, I don't know what I was thinking :/... I'm tired. I thought it was fetching strings without real looking at them... I thought it fetches them, since everything was fine...12:58
Jazzvaasac: So, since they're no longer in chrome://mozapps/.../plugins.properties we need to provide them, right?12:58
Jazzvaasac: Ok, I've placed few alert windows, just to check where it throws that exception. It throws it if the string is not found in the first file, that being "ubufoxPluginWizardString"...01:08
Ubuletteasac, i'm done with the initial packaging of xulrunner (ie it compiles fine). remains to install the files from dist to the right place01:09
JazzvaIt doesn't even get to "if (!result) doNext;"01:09
Ubuletteit's with untouched sources (no patches). I wonder why mike has >70 patches01:10

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!