HighNojpatrick: hehe, gotcha! I was just wondering if the main channel for backporters would be #ubuntu-backports - if so backporters are IRC lazy :-)17:03
jpatrickHighNo: no, it's here17:03
persiaNo, it's #ubuntu-backports, and the backporters are IRC lazy.17:03
persia(although most of them idle here even when absent there)17:04
jpatrick /cs info #ubuntu-backporters -> not registered17:04
* persia notes that MOTU cannot upload to -backports as justification for the above remark17:04
persiajpatrick: #ubuntu-backports not #ubuntu-backporters17:04
jpatrickpersia: opps17:04
sistpoty|workpochu, jdong: /me is confused about amule... is this actually a release (as the topmost changelog entry seems to indicate this)?17:05
HighNo:-) I was just trying to make sure I have someone to ask if anything will go wrong. But this time I will start by completely reading the wiki, trying hard, failing hard and then keep asking dumb questions :-)17:05
pochusistpoty|work: no, not yet17:05
pochusistpoty|work: it's a tarball generated from a svn snapshot17:06
sistpoty|workpochu: so this is a prerelease, and they're working towards a release? (as in have entered bug fixing mode)? Or are they planning to first add many new features?17:06
pochusistpoty|work: I don't expect new features from now on (and from some time)17:07
pochusistpoty|work: from this thread, you can see they were preparing the release a long time ago... http://forum.amule.org/index.php?topic=13194.017:07
DktrKranzRainCT: did you receive any feedback about bug 187743?17:11
ubotuLaunchpad bug 187743 in youtube-dl "[SRU] youtube-dl doesn't work anymore" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/18774317:11
RainCTDktrKranz: I have preparing a candidate revision on my TODO list for today :)17:12
pochunxvl_work, Ng: will any of you write a freeze exception request for terminator 0.8? I'd love to get it in the archive17:17
pochuOtherwise you can package it in your team's ppa :)17:17
nxvl_workpochu: yep, i have already talk yo pitti, i think it will be included17:18
* DktrKranz is curious if there is a list of unapproved packages available to the masses.17:18
pochunxvl_work: cool, keep me posted :)17:18
nxvl_workpochu: i'm just waiting for 0.8.1 (0.8 comes with some bugs) to upload it to debian and then sync it17:18
pochunxvl_work: oh, I didn't know it was buggy17:18
pochuDktrKranz: what do you mean with unapproved?17:19
persiaOtherwise we'd already have it :)  There was a definite plan for 8.0 to be pre-FF.17:19
DktrKranzpochu: packages waiting to be approved by archive-admins, such as SRUs17:19
nxvl_workpochu: some little bugs, and also en empty changelog :D17:19
DktrKranzwe have NEW queue, unapproved queue for hardy, but I'm unable to find it for stable releases too.17:20
persiaDktrKranz: There's the pending SRU page17:20
DktrKranzpersia: that page is for approved SRU waiting for verification, I mean packages uploaded to -proposed still waiting to be approved by archive-admins.17:21
persiaDktrKranz: Wouldn't that be in the NEW queue for -proposed?17:21
nxvl_workpochu: http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=terminator17:22
DktrKranzpersia: I thought so, but I was wrong. Anyway, they aren't NEW, just "unapproved"17:22
persiaDktrKranz: That's just an annoying LP bug (I forget the number) that https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/gutsy/+queue?queue_state=1&queue_text= doesn't work.17:23
jeromegDktrKranz: speaking of SRU, I tested klavaro from gutsy-proposed, runs fine for me17:23
DktrKranzjeromeg: good. I'm in sru-verification now, so I can check if package runs fine, but feedbacks from users are welcome :)17:24
DktrKranzpersia: I'll dig into soyuz bug then17:24
jeromegDktrKranz: i just want to check one last thing and will add a comment to the bug report17:24
Ngpochu: I'm gonna do my best to get 0.8.1 out tonight. I kinda screwed up making 0.8 :/17:25
jeromegDktrKranz: ok, everything is fine17:26
DktrKranzRainCT: did you reupload aumix to -proposed? If so, I can check if I see it listed somewhere, but I think it won't.17:27
RainCTDktrKranz: yes17:32
DktrKranzbug 15288417:32
ubotuLaunchpad bug 152884 in soyuz "If you accept packages from the UNAPPROVED queue, it says they're accepted, and takes you back to the NEW queue." [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/15288417:32
jpatrickHighNo: best place to stalk backporters is probably here17:33
RainCTanyone here familiar with python-soya?17:33
persiaRAOF: How familiar do you need?17:34
jeromegRainCT: i had to work a bit on it during feisty -> gutsy development cycle17:34
jeromegit's really a pian !17:34
RainCTjeromeg: Do you remember how to set the icon for a window?17:34
jeromegRainCT: no idea :)17:35
jeromegRainCT: and it's not really documented :)17:35
andy2Can someone point me in the right direction, I am trying to make a metapackage and I can't seem to figure out how to create the source packages.  All the docs seem to start with an upstream tarball.17:36
persiaandy2: For a metapackage, just create a directory of the right name, and then populate debian/changelog, debian/control, debian/copyright, and debian/rules.  You may find it easier to use something like germinate and seeds to manage the metapackage, depending on the size and complexity.17:38
andy2It would be very simple.  But I would like to upload it to my PPA.  I can't do that unless I create a .dsc and a tar.gz, correct?17:39
persiaFor a traditional metapackage, there is no tar.gz, and nothing but the debian/ directory.  For a germinate-based metapackage, there is content in the package, so you could choose native or non-native as you like (there are derivatives using both models in the repositories)17:39
=== mathiaz_ is now known as mathiaz
persiaandy2: Right.  Once you have created the four files I mentioned, running `debuild -S` in the directory containing debian/ would build you the .dsc and .tar.gz17:40
bddebianHeya gang17:43
andy2I guess it's my debian/rules that is giving me a problem.17:43
persiaandy2: For a traditional meta-package arrangement, take a look at the meta-gnome2 package.  For a germinate-based meta-package arrangement, ubuntu-meta is the best model.17:46
RainCTjeromeg: I agree with you :P17:49
jeromegRainCT: :)17:49
jeromeggot to go17:49
andy2persia:  Thanks, that's very helpful!17:49
persiaandy2: That's the point of free software: use the best out there.  Note that you'll need to follow the licensing for those packages if you base yours from them.17:50
andy2persia | andy2: For a metapackage, just create a directory of the right name, and then     . _MMA_17:53
andy2                          populate debian/changelog, debian/control, debian/copyright, and debian/rules.    . _ruben17:53
andy2                          You may find it easier to use something like germinate and seeds to manage the    . _stink_17:53
andy2                          metapackage, depending on the size and complexity.                                . a7p17:53
andy2[12:39:59]        andy2 | It would be very simple.  But I would like to upload it to my PPA.  I can't do    . Adri200017:53
persiaErr.  Pastebin might be easier to read, if that wasn't a mistake.17:53
slomo_superm1: i'll look at gmyth later (totem plugin i mean) and sponsoring gmyth to debian if youdidn't find someone yet17:54
slomo_superm1: bbl now though ;)17:54
mario_limonciellslomo_, yeah I do need someone to help get into debian.  I'll touch bases with you later.  thanks :)17:55
ScottKsistpoty|work: I suggest we discuss amongst ourselves via email.17:56
sistpoty|workScottK: ok, sounds sensible17:57
ScottKsistpoty|work: It's been two acks in the past.17:57
* persia likes 2 ACKs as it reduces the chance that any one person making a mistake causes an issue17:57
jdongok, now, to scrape hardy-changes17:59
persiajdong: Why scrape?  Download the mbox tar, and once you have something working, subscribe your bot.18:00
persiaThat gives you headers, etc. and further doesn't break the GPG signatures.18:00
HighNowow, we even have debian sponsors here? coolest channel on earth...18:01
jdongpersia: mbox would be more reliable, but I just want something to pipe to less to see the X recent uploads18:03
persiajdong: Ah.  I think you can get just the current month as mbox, but in that case, yes scraping might be easier :(18:05
jdongpersia: yeah scraping is indeed ugly, but it lets me get away with a 10-line script that does the job18:05
persiajdong: curl $(mbox.url) -o changes.mbox && mailx -H -f changes.mbox | head -1018:08
persiaYour 10 lines likely use less bandwidth than my one line, and mine might benefit from the applicaiton of sed.18:08
tuxmaniacHi folks. Is there a good guide on splitting up packages?18:15
tuxmaniacI am now stuck with a comment "Consider splitting the package" because of arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share 14965kB 46%18:16
jdongpersia: ooh interesting18:16
DaveMorristuxmaniac: basically stick the arch dependent stuff in 1 package, and the non arch depend stuff in the other18:17
DaveMorrisand have the arch depend stuff depend on the other package18:17
jdongpersia: I guess the downside of my method would be the terrible hammering of the server with 10 separate HTTP connections18:17
ScottK2jdong: I'll sponsor the FF3 backport and upload it if you get an ack from asac that you've implemented his intent.18:17
jdongScottK2: ok, cool :)18:17
persiatuxmaniac: There's some documentation on wiki.debian.org, but I find it easiest to just add the necessary bits to control, create the debian/package.install files, and pass --list-missing to dh_install until I've gotten the mix right.18:17
tuxmaniachmm I will look into it18:18
ScottK2sistpoty|work: It might be nice to add a notice to REVU's front page indicating that no more new packages are being accepted for Hardy.   I see some uploads stil going on.18:18
sistpoty|workScottK2: will do18:18
rexbronOk, I just pushed a branch of ubuntu-dev-tools that separates ppaput into a module and a the script and updated the packaging. Anyone want to take a look? https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~rexbron/ubuntu-dev-tools/python-ppaput18:19
persiajdong: The downside of mine is that the download gets big at the end of the month :)18:19
persiarexbron: Do you have a bug open for discussion and possible merge? (note that you can associate a branch and a bug)18:20
rexbronpersia, I have filed a bug and mentioned it in the changelog but have not proposed a merge yet18:20
* RainCT looks18:21
rexbronOk, filed a merge report18:22
persiarexbron: Ah.  I usually encourage linking the branch to the bug, so that the bug becomes a place to exchange comments on the branch until it can be merged.18:23
jdongasac: seems like xulrunner-1.9 already has USE_SYSTEM_* checks; are these valid/reliable to detect Gutsy properly or should I hardcode them to 0?18:23
rexbronpersia, I also just linked the bug to the branch18:23
* sistpoty|work heads home18:23
asacjdong: right if the version is two low it should auto disable it18:23
jdongasac: alright, let me try in a gutsy pbuilder to make sure it detects this properly :)18:24
rexbronOpps, forgot to put a license header on the top of the new script18:24
ScottK2Arghhh! - So the day AFTER feature freeze I get a bug against python-clamav and the solution to the bug is a new package (python-clamd).18:25
persiaScottK: That's why we have an exception process :)18:25
ScottK2Yeah.  Well.   Urgh.18:26
pochuHow many ACKs do we need from motu-release? 2?18:27
zulScottK2: its called irony18:27
jdongasac: unrelated question, do you think Mozilla's gonna switch to something other than CVS anytime soon?18:28
RainCTrexbron: I think I'd be better have a "python-ubuntutools" like dholbach proposed (if possible with a better name :P) instead of python-ppapu, so that more stuff can be added to it later18:29
ScottK2pochu: Historically it's been two.  We are still nattering amongst ourselves for this release.18:29
asacjdong: http://hg.mozilla.org (-> for mozilla 2.0)18:29
rexbronRainCT, sure, not a problem18:29
ScottK2RainCT: Why put the word python in the package name?  It's not a Python module is it?18:29
RainCTScottK2: it is now18:30
jdongasac: sweet!18:30
ScottK2It's a module?18:30
rexbronScottK2, I factored out the backend code from ppaput18:30
ScottK2OK.  So I import ppaput and use that in my application?18:30
rexbronThat is why I did it :)18:31
RainCTrexbron: also, I haven't looked at ppaput.py yet but if it does what you wrote on debian/control perhaps just "ppa" would be a better name (import ppa)18:31
ScottK2Fair enough then.18:31
RainCTor, forget my last sentence18:31
ScottK2Personally, I think MOTUs should have better things to do with their time than encourage 3rd party repositories, but whatever you feel is important ...18:32
=== \sh_away is now known as \sh
pochuScottK2: you can use ppas to call for testing :)18:33
ScottK2\sh: Dunno if you saw, but I had pdns-recursor sync'ed from Debian (with your patch plus some other stuff).18:33
pochuScottK2: look at asac's ppa18:33
RainCTrexbron: but what would be nice are docstrings, if you have time to add some18:33
\shScottK2: yepp...18:33
ScottK2pochu: Sure, but developers don't need ppaput and such.18:33
\shScottK2: debian maintainer was fast with the upload...good :)18:33
ScottK2\sh: I think he was only fast because pkern threatened an NMU.18:34
rexbronRainCT, I am not sure what that would entail, but I will look into it18:34
\shScottK2: I love pkern ;) we owe him at least a beer :)18:34
ScottK2Julian owes him a beer and is much better placed than me to deliver.18:40
hellboy195\sh: ping18:40
\shScottK2: so it's up to me to serve him a cold one ;)18:42
\shhellboy195: hi :)18:42
ScottK2Unless you can talk him into going to UDS and I get sponsored ...18:42
hellboy195\sh: hoi :) Have you already heard about the seg faults of wine 0.9.55 (including me) ?18:43
\shhellboy195: yepp18:43
\shhellboy195: my inbox is full of crashing wine spam18:43
\shhellboy195: and I'm on it18:44
hellboy195\sh: ah k ,sry :)18:44
\shhellboy195: my problem is that my time is limited at this time, because of new job etc...have a lot to do18:44
hellboy195\sh: no stress ;)18:45
* RainCT gives up trying to give the balazar window an icon and decides that soya is crap :P18:56
persiaRainCT: Well, mostly, but balazar can be confusing as well18:57
ScottK2RainCT: Feel like doing a quick Python package instead?18:57
RainCTScottK2: for what?18:57
ScottK2RainCT: http://xael.org/norman/python/pyclamd/18:58
RainCTScottK2: ok, but let me finish a youtube-dl SRU first18:58
ScottK2RainCT: Thanks.  It's the only solution I see to Bug #19213018:58
ubotuLaunchpad bug 192130 in python-clamav "update to 0.4.0-1build1~dapper1 breaks programs" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/19213018:58
ScottK2RainCT: I'll file the needs-packaging bug for it.19:05
RainCTgreat, even soya's author doesn't know if it is possible to give windows an icon lol19:07
* festor is away: Estoy ocupado19:08
vemonhow can i really remove a package from a launchpad ppa?19:09
persiavemon: Ask in #launchpad19:10
pochuvemon: there's a button for it in the UI19:10
vemonpochu, doesn't go all the way with the button19:10
pochuvemon: it takes a while19:10
vemonpochu, i'm still not able to re-upload with a same name+version19:10
festorRainCT, what is the problem?19:10
vemonah ok..19:10
RainCTDktrKranz: uhm.. is youtube-dl failing for you?19:15
ScottK2RainCT: Bug #192205 is you get to it.  If not, I'll do it later tonight.19:16
ubotuLaunchpad bug 192205 in ubuntu "pyClamd : Clamav with python needed to replace functions removed from python-clamav" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/19220519:16
DktrKranzRainCT, do you refer to the patch I suggested?19:17
RainCTDktrKranz: if it fails before applying the patch.. I can't reproduce it anymore with the unpatched source :S19:18
ScottK2So I just now noticed that my Dapper desktop that I've been using since before Dapper was actually released (about Dapper Beta) is running the server kernel.  Odd.19:19
frafuHello, the mousetweaks module in the launchpad buildd system says "pending (355)" for two days. Is the 355 its position in the build queue and should it not get smaller over the time?19:19
RainCTDktrKranz: oh, never mind19:20
RainCTDktrKranz: I don't know how but I got the Hardy sources :P19:20
ScottK2frafu: I lot of stuff got shoved on the buildd's in the last couple of days.  Universe is prioritized lower than Main, so it may be a while, but it'll get there.19:20
DktrKranzRainCT, heh :P19:21
RainCTSRU version for a -1 is -1ubuntu0.1, or?19:22
ScottK2RainCT: I'd suggest -1ubuntu0.1, but there's no hard and fast rule.  They main thing is to be sure you won't collide with the version number in another release.19:23
persiafrafu: 355 is the priority, rather than the position in the queue.  It doesn't typically decrease in any understandable way, but rather based on age and buildd admin attitude.  Generally it's best to just wait for a while, and it gets built.19:24
ScottK2slangasek: I've got something I'm going to request a freeze exception on, but since it requires additional New processing, I thought I'd run it by you (in addition to getting another motu-release ack).  If you have a moment, please look at Bug #192205.19:26
ubotuLaunchpad bug 192205 in ubuntu "pyClamd : Clamav with python needed to replace functions removed from python-clamav" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/19220519:26
ScottK2slangasek: It's a very simple one file python module, so I don't think it will be hard to New, but thought I should check.19:27
slangasekScottK2: yeah, that looks reasonable to me19:28
RainCTshould the maintainer field be updated for SRU's?19:28
frafuScottK2: thanks for the reply; now I know that it is not because I have missed to do something (for example asking for its reintegration because I previously got a buildfailure due to a missing dependency that was not yet available for the corresponding architecture)19:28
frafupersia: thanks for the explanation about the meaning of the number 35519:28
slangasekRainCT: you mean for an SRU of a package that was previously synced?19:28
RainCTslangasek: yes19:29
ScottK2slangasek: Thanks.19:29
slangasekRainCT: yes, it should19:29
RainCTslangasek: thanks19:29
jpatrickhow do I use diffstat? manpage isn't very good, do I compare dirs or what?19:32
slangasekjpatrick: you feed it a diff on stdin, typically19:32
jpatrickslangasek: that only gives me changes in debian/19:33
slangasekjpatrick: "feed it a diff" - meaning, whatever you want to see the diffstat of, you generate the diff in the appropriate manner and feed it to diffstat19:34
jpatrickslangasek: ok, ah, now I see19:34
slangasekso that could be zcat $package_$version.diff.gz, or it could be debdiff $package_*.dsc, or diff -uNr $package_$upstream1/ $package_$upstream2/, etc19:35
txwikingerwhat the matter with http://qa.ubuntuwire.com?19:35
jpatrickslangasek: now, I've got it19:36
=== macd_ is now known as macd
ScottK2txwikinger: Server's down.  Not sure until when.19:37
txwikingerAh... I hoped it was not me :)19:37
RainCTtxwikinger: that's evil :D19:38
ScottK2It's not you.19:38
txwikingerRainCT: I need to become more evil ;)19:38
RainCTDktrKranz: ah, candidate uploaded :)19:43
DktrKranzgreat, thanks19:43
hellboy195 Are monodevelop (1.0 release soon) or/and mono 1.9 release (also in a few days/weeks) important enough for a FF exception?19:45
promagI have a php project which is a website. whats the best approach to package it? how can I add the virtual host?19:45
* RainCT just realized he has patched a .desktop file that is inside debian/ (with a patch system) and runs with the head against the wall :P19:45
pochuhellboy195: ask slomo_ :)19:45
pochuRainCT: lol19:45
hellboy195slomo_: ping. question above ^^19:45
hellboy195pochu: thx :)19:45
\shI hate patches from upstream which are not clean19:46
persia\sh: That is why distributions have maintainers...19:46
\shpromag: include a file in /etc/apache2/sites-available/<websitename> with the correct configuration19:47
LaserJockRainCT: lol19:47
\shpromag: but I wouldn't install it like this...because the configuration of the website in general is the job ob the sysadmin...and not of the package and not of a website designer ;)19:48
\shpromag: the configuration should be held in svn or bzr or whatever vcs but not in a package19:48
RainCTbtw, Debian is going to remove ttf-bitstream-vera. Is the same planned for Hardy?19:49
ScottK2RainCT: Why?19:49
LaserJockin favor of dejavu perhaps?19:49
persiaI'd suggest wating for the Debian removal to be complete, and then looking at a removal.  It may be worth spending some time testing the results of adjusting dependencies to make that possible in the meantime.19:50
LaserJockI was looking at fonts the other day and it seemed like they were all the same19:50
pochuhellboy195: or bigon19:51
ScottK2At this point I'd suggest unless there's a strong reason to remove it, we should let it be.19:51
pochulater folks19:51
hellboy195pochu: k, next try ^^19:52
\shoh well....19:52
persiapochu: If you have some time this weekend, please ping me re: gstreamer-midi.  I need help :)19:52
\shwine will bang..I mean it's already banging like hell...but after that ;)19:53
hellboy195bigon: ping19:53
LaserJockFujitsu: I emailed debian about python-scipy and it looks like we should have a version built on gfortran shortly19:53
hellboy195\sh: whats going on with wine? :)19:53
\shhellboy195: there are some reports on winehq which tells me, that dejavu is still missing some important parts regarding other glyphs then latin1 etc. so all kyrillic and japanese stuff will break, that's why they are not sure to bundle dejavu with wine in this very moment..19:56
ScottK2LaserJock: I was looking into pulling their changes from svn and making an update to our package, but it can wait if you think we should.19:56
\shhellboy195: and after looking into the crashing of wine, I'm not sure if it's wine or some other lib which is giving this result19:57
hellboy195\sh: k. thx for the info :)19:58
\shhellboy195: and wine is really hard to debug, in the normal sense of debugging ;) gdb just failes19:59
hellboy195\sh: yeah. interesting piece of software :)19:59
\shbah...what was the gcc switch to disable the stack-protector?20:03
ScottK2bddebian: Are you going to fix the testresources FTBFS?20:03
\sh-no-fstack-protector   that was it20:04
\shjust trying to rebuild it20:04
ScottK2\sh: Once you get WINE fixed up, how about we do a backport of it?  It's easier to find a core-dev interested in backports these days.20:05
\shScottK2: well, first of all it needs to be fixed...and really, I'm not sure if it's wine or something else (glibc or whatever)20:06
\shbut as there was no glibc update after last wine upload..20:06
ScottK2Let's discuss it when you think it's ready.20:09
* \sh fixes cacti in the meantime20:11
\shhmmm...is it still valuable to make updates for edgy?20:13
ScottK2\sh: My Hardy box still has the previous WINE version on it if there's any testing I could do that would help.20:13
ScottK2\sh: I'd be inclined to call it a very low priority.  It goes out of support in ~2 months.20:14
DktrKranz\sh, if you have fixes for other supported releases, you could consider one for edgy too, otherwise, keep it low prio.20:15
ScottK2Odds of getting it tested and into -updates before the release expires are probably low.20:17
hellboy195DktrKranz: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=46598620:20
ubotuDebian bug 465986 in wmxres "wmxres: missing build-dependency: libxext-dev" [Normal,Open]20:20
DktrKranzhellboy195, \o/20:21
hellboy195DktrKranz: ?20:21
DktrKranzit worked :)20:21
hellboy195DktrKranz: look at it and tell me if the whole bug report is ok ;)20:22
DRebellionFF is over, but i heard that new packages can still be added to 'hardy+1' or backports or something. Could someone please explain this?20:23
DktrKranzhellboy195, it seems, even if Debian does not need our DebianMaintainerField change, but our change is reported.20:23
HighNoDRebellion: Hardy+1 is the next release20:23
hellboy195DktrKranz: k20:24
HighNoDRebellion: if it is added there it might be ported to the older versions via the backports team20:24
DRebellionHighNo, ah i see. I have a new (not in debian/ubuntu) package to contribute to ubuntu. So could I upload it for hardy+1 now?20:24
slangasekDRebellion: it's not possible to add packages to 'hardy+1' until a) it has a proper name, b) hardy itself is released.20:24
HighNoDRebellion: I am new too :-) I came "just in time"20:25
jpatrickDRebellion: no, hardy+1 is not open for a long time20:25
slangasekDRebellion: on the other hand, if it's a completely new package it will have to go through a review process by the MOTU anyway, so you needn't wait idly in the meantime :)20:26
HighNoslangasek: I didn't know that. is that because the name would be needed for the package's control file (among other reasons...)?20:26
ScottK2OTOH, bug fixing and testing are very good ways to learn packaging, so you've shown up at a perfect time to learn.20:26
slangasekHighNo: well, until hardy+1 has a name, it doesn't exist in the launchpad config, so there's no archive to upload it to20:26
ScottK2It's actually possible that if you put yourself to work, learn fast, and do well, you may be MOTU when there is a Hardy +1 and you upload it yourself.20:27
HighNoslangasek: OK, but I guess uploading to REVU would still be possible?20:27
slangasekHighNo: correct20:27
ScottK2HighNo: Possible, but pointless.20:27
slangasekScottK2: well, it gets feedback, no?20:27
slangasekor maybe not :)20:27
DRebellionWell, I guess I'll just hold onto the packge until 8.04 comes by :|20:28
jpatrickHighNo: you could try getting it into Debian and syncing it across later20:29
kdubhow do you upload to revu?20:29
jpatrickkdub: https://wiki.kubuntu.org/MOTU/Packages/REVU20:30
HighNoDRebellion: start studying the package guides... I took the fast (but hard) lane but doing as ScottK suggested will definetly help you. Start by fixing bugs in packages - you have plenty of time to try :-)20:30
HighNojpatrick: right - that would be another way though I haven't heard of a 'fast debian package integration' before - so I think it is unlikely to get it into debian before hardy+1 accepts packages20:31
kdubjpatrick: all you upload is the .changes file?20:31
DRebellionkdub, you specify the .changes file to dput and it will upload the nessecary files.20:32
jpatrickkdub: yes, and it pulls everything else with it20:32
kdubah, alright20:32
jpatrickHighNo: http://mentors.debian.net will help you and #debian-mentros @ OTFC20:32
RainCTScottK2: what do you prefer for pyclamd: native, lp branch...?20:33
\shkdub: important you give dput the *_source.changes file and not the *_<arch>.changes file20:33
HighNoScottK: btw, bugfixing... I tried to do it with the cherrypy bug you mentioned like earlier this week. I could only do it for feisty so far - what is the next thing? can anyone have a lok at that debdiff file to check if I did things correct?20:33
HighNojpatrick: I'll try later. I think I delegated the debian packaging to the 'debian packaging bug' creator20:34
kdub\sh: i will keep that in mind20:34
RainCTHighNo: You'll definitely get it into Debian before Hardy+1 if you want, it isn't that difficult :)20:36
HighNojpatrick: hm, is that channel on freenode? because there are 5 people in there, 1 is a bot, 1 is me... See what I mean - 3 vs. 223 ppl ? I like Ubuntu :-)20:37
ScottK2RainCT: Debian source package20:37
HighNoRainCT: Actually that's just what I heard but you know rumors...20:37
ScottK2HighNo: It's on OFTC20:37
ScottK2HighNo: Yes.  Ask attach the debdiff to the bug and then subscribe ubuntu-universe-sponsors to get it reviewed20:38
RainCTScottK2: ?20:38
jpatrickHighNo: /connect irc.oftc.net20:39
RainCTScottK2: native? or what do you mean?20:39
HighNojpatrick: got it now :-)20:39
ScottK2RainCT: You asked me what format I wanted for pyclamd.  What I want is a regular (non-native) debian source package (.dsc, diff.gz, and orig.tar.gz)20:39
sistpotyanyone who minds some downtime of REVU right now?20:39
* ScottK2 would prefer it actually.20:39
ScottK2sistpoty: While you're here, would you please ack Bug #19220520:40
ubotuLaunchpad bug 192205 in ubuntu "pyClamd : Clamav with python needed to replace functions removed from python-clamav" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/19220520:40
RainCTScottK2: upstream releases just a single .py. repackaging then?20:40
slangasekjpatrick: aka 'irc.debian.org' for those purposes20:40
ScottK2RainCT: Yes20:40
jpatrickslangasek: same thing in the end20:40
ScottK2RainCT: Then you can include the license file and the changelog with it.20:40
HighNo/connect irc.debian.org20:40
ScottK2RainCT: Then the instructions for use on the web site would make good content for a man page.20:41
HighNogaim seems somewhat limited ...20:41
sistpotyScottK2, RainCT: acked20:42
ScottK2RainCT: If you run out of time, let me know.20:42
ScottK2sistpoty: Thanks.20:42
sistpotyScottK2: anything else I need to do (bug status or s.th.)?20:42
RainCTScottK2: what should the version number be? YYYYMMDD-ds1-<...>? (just seen that ds in another package, is that right?)20:43
ScottK2sistpoty: No.  Normally you set them to confirmed, but since RainCT already has it in progress, no point in it.20:43
ScottK2RainCT: 0.1.1 from his changelog: http://xael.org/norman/python/pyclamd/CHANGELOG20:43
RainCTScottK2: ah, ok. but with -ds or what else?20:44
ScottK2RainCT: Why -ds?20:45
RainCTScottK2: don't I need to add anything if I repack?20:46
ScottK2Since this is packing, not repacking, I think not.  What you need to do is document how you constructed the tarball in debian/copyright.20:47
ScottK2RainCT: ^^20:47
RainCTok, thx20:47
\shoh heaven20:51
sistpoty\sh: what's up?20:51
\shsistpoty: well, wine is hurting me a lot20:51
\shsistpoty: actually it's not wine, but something which is triggering wine crashes20:51
YasumotoHeya guys, I'm following along with the Packaging Guide, and when I run "sudo pbuilder build ../*.dsc" I get this error:20:52
Yasumotogzip: debian/tmp/usr/share/man: No such file or directory20:52
sistpotypersia: just saw your upload of nvidia-settings... did you also add conflicts?21:06
sistpoty(wanted to do this yesterday, but -ENOTIME :(=21:07
HighNoScottK - did you get my lines on Bug #191198 ?21:10
ubotuLaunchpad bug 191198 in python-cherrypy "[python-cherrypy] [CVE-2008-0252] missing input sanitising, remote vulnerability" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/19119821:10
RainCThow can I delete (within a script) everything from the start of a file until it reaches a certain line (checking by content, not line number)21:12
LaserJockScottK: sorry, was afk, were you talking about scipy?21:14
ScottK2LaserJock: Just that I'd been looking at the changes in the Debian svn and considering updating our package.21:15
ScottK2HighNo: Did you add your debdiff to the bug and subscribe UUS?21:15
HighNoScottK: I think yes21:15
LaserJockScottK2: well, i don't think it matters if we wait for Debian, I just think we should do it before release :-)21:15
ScottK2LaserJock: OK.21:15
HighNoScottK: but as I mentioned, I have done that for feisty only - though the fix should work with all versions...21:16
ScottK2HighNo: Then please make debdiffs for the other versions too.  You can at least make them and test build them using pbuilder.21:16
RainCTScottK2: did you indeed mean manpage or rather a file in /usr/share/doc/python-pyclamd/?21:17
ScottK2RainCT: Yes.  I think a man page is the preferred method.21:17
ScottK2RainCT: I'm willing to discuss it.21:17
RainCTScottK2: do you have some example manpage (to see how it looks, not the code)?21:18
sladenRainCT: they'll be a better way, but    grep -A999999 foobar file21:18
ScottK2RainCT: How about pyspf source package?21:21
RainCTsladen: great, thanks :)21:22
* LaserJock attempts a bzr branch of Debian's scipy21:24
RainCTScottK2: (I'm away for 20 minutes)21:24
ScottK2LaserJock: From svn or the package?21:25
LaserJockneato, it worked21:25
LaserJockmy gosh the python-modules svn has a lot of packages21:30
ScottK2Yes.  It's a pretty big repo (last I counted it was over 200)21:31
LaserJockhow many DD sponsor it?21:32
sistpotypersia: I'm still unsure about the "virtual package support" thingy... imo it might work for the l-r-m upgrade path, but most probably it would lead to problems on fresh installed (which could then be worked around...)21:32
* \sh goes off21:32
\shgood night21:32
=== \sh is now known as \sh_away
hellboy195\sh_away: hf21:33
sistpotypersia: since there are file conflicts, I'm adding the (very defensive) conflicts now to nvidia-settings, and also add an alternate recommends, together with correct version numbers...21:33
sistpotypersia: hopefully nvidia-glx won't be virtual package, otherwise I don't have a clue about fixing the upgrade path... maybe you do?21:34
ScottK2LaserJock: two regularly and a few others from time to time.21:35
ScottK2LaserJock: It's generally very easy to get sponsored21:35
LaserJockScottK: wow, that's not very many though21:35
ScottK2LaserJock: There is also Debina Python Applications Team for Python apps.21:36
LaserJockI suppose now having DMs helps21:36
ScottK2They're pretty efficient and expend a fair amount of time on it.21:36
ScottK2RainCT and pochu can vouch for it.21:36
LaserJockScottK2: is there a core python team that looks after python itself21:38
* RainCT is back21:39
ScottK2LaserJock: Yes, but I'm not familiar the details of it.21:39
* RainCT agrees that the python-apps/python-modules team is great21:40
RainCTScottK2: hm.. I'm being unsure if it's even necessary to include the documentation separatly.. exactly the same is available as docstrings21:46
RainCTScottK2: so python -c "import pyclamd; help(pyclamd)" shows it all :)21:47
=== Amaranth_ is now known as Amaranth
ScottK2RainCT: OK.  Fair enough.21:52
=== _czessi is now known as Czessi
ScottK2RainCT: The reporter of the bug I'm trying to resolve with this new package says you need to change the socket location for clamd in python-clamd for Ubuntu.  FYI.22:02
FujitsuLaserJock: Very good. Thanks.22:22
sistpotyany gnome user with a nvidia card around, who'd like to test a debdiff for sensors-applet?22:22
NorthernLightsHello all22:23
NorthernLightsI've uploaded a package (gtkvncviewer 0.2) half an hour ago, and it doesn't show up on revu. Should i upload it again ?22:24
sistpotyNorthernLights: let me check (revu was down due to a dist-upgrade)22:24
NorthernLightsyes i saw that right after my upload the web site was down22:25
sistpotyNorthernLights: nothing in any queue... so if it's not there, you'll need to upload again22:25
NorthernLightsok, i'm uploading again then, thank you22:26
sistpotyNorthernLights: however we're in feature freeze now, so don't expect it to get much attention (and you'll need to file a feature freeze exception)22:26
NorthernLightsyeah... i noticed that when entering the channel22:27
NorthernLightsi'm leaving, thanks again22:30
ScottK2RainCT: Starting in ~15 minutes I'll be AFK for some time.  Any questions before I go?  If you get the package done, link me a .dsc for it and I'll have a look later.22:30
RainCTwhy doesn't this work ${VERSION##*-}? :'(22:35
RainCT(in debian/rules)22:35
slangasekbecause debian/rules is make, and that's shell syntax?22:36
RainCTslangasek: any idea how I could do that then?22:37
sistpoty$(shell thatthingwithdollaresacped)?22:37
RainCTthen I don't have $VERSION there22:37
slangasekRainCT: not without more context22:37
sistpotyRainCT: you have $VERSION there... (which gets replaced by make before getting passed to the shell)22:38
sistpotyor rather $(VERSION=22:38
sistpotyhrmpf... $(VERSION)22:38
sistpotybut that thing looks pretty much like a bashism to me anyway, right?22:40
RainCTuhm.. and now why am I trying ${VERSION##*-} if what I want is exactly everything except that? what a day.. lol22:40
RainCTslangasek: how can I get the upstream version number from the changelog?22:40
RainCTsistpoty: it's POSIX22:41
sistpotyRainCT: d'oh22:41
sistpotyRainCT: SOMEVAR=$(eval head debian/changelog -1 | cut -d '(' -f 2 | cut -d ')' -f 1)22:42
sistpotyRainCT: maybe? (didn't try it though)22:42
slangasekeew cut22:42
RainCTI have VERSION=$(shell dpkg-parsechangelog | grep --max-count=1 -F "Version:" | cut -d" " -f2)22:42
RainCTbut I don't know how to get only upstream version number22:42
sistpotyRainCT: err.. replace the eval with shell... /me is also mixing shell and make again22:43
RainCTas it might have more than one -22:43
sistpotyRainCT: add a | cut -d'-' -f -1 (or s.th.)?22:45
slangasekdpkg-parsechangelog | sed -n -e'/^ / { s/.*(\(.*\)).*/\1/; s/-[^-]*$//; p; q }'22:45
slangasekwell, you can use head and cut if you prefer, but why fork if you don't have to :-)22:46
RainCTslangasek: have you patented this? :P22:46
slangasekuh? :)22:47
slangasekit's just a bit of sed22:47
slangasekif you know you always have a debian revision for the package in question, you can reduce the two s// to one22:47
RainCTuhm... but it doesn't work here VERSION=$(shell dpkg-parsechangelog | sed -n -e'/^ / { s/.*(\(.*\)).*/\1/; s/-[^-]*$//; p; q }')22:49
sistpotyRainCT: why do you want to find out the upstream version anyways? maybe just for an get-orig-source rule?22:50
RainCTsistpoty: yes22:50
slangasekRainCT: you have to double the $ within a makefile22:50
sistpotyRainCT: oh, I made one once for trigger (depending on a watch file)... which should always give you the latest version.. must be somewhere (either in the archive or on LP)22:51
RainCTslangasek: oh, works now. thanks!22:51
sistpotyRainCT: I guess "uscan --dehs" might be useful, too ;)22:52
RainCTsistpoty: it has no watch file22:53
RainCT(upstream just releases a .py)22:53
sistpotyoh, heh22:54
* LaserJock starts a server install, how exciting ;)23:01
ScottK2Shouldn't take long.23:10
* sistpoty is off to bed... gn823:14
LaserJockanybody have any good recommendations for a FS for a 500GB backup drive?23:16
LaserJockshould plain-old ext3 work fine?23:16
jdongLaserJock: my general policy is unless you have a REALLY REALLY good reason to choose another FS, go with ext323:17
jdongLaserJock: it's not the fastest or most advanced, but it definitely has the most followers and most people to bail you out should you get into FS-hell23:17
LaserJockhmm, so no reiserfs? ;-)23:18
jdongLaserJock: well he has bail problems himself ;-)23:18
RainCTScottK2: is python-clamav still useful or does this replace it?23:18
RainCTwell, good night23:19
LaserJockanybody know how to bail out of the text installer?23:44
LaserJockI thought it'd be C-x C-c23:45
selckini have no idea :)23:45
FujitsuLaserJock: Reset button? Why would an OS installer have a cancel button?23:53
YasumotoHeya guys, I'm following along with the Packaging Guide, and when I run "sudo pbuilder build ../*.dsc" I get this error:23:53
Yasumotogzip: debian/tmp/usr/share/man: No such file or directory23:53
LaserJockFujitsu: I just want to "go back"23:54
LaserJockFujitsu: I selected the wrong network device and now the installer is "stuck" on setting up the mirrors23:54
LaserJockI was hoping to avoid having to reinstall23:55
FujitsuAh, it should give up after a few minutes.23:58
FujitsuI've struck that a few times when the .au mirror has been down during installation.23:58
FujitsuIf not, killing a couple of apt-gets might fix it.23:59

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!