=== schwuk_ is now known as schwuk
=== mpt_ is now known as mpt
=== mpt_ is now known as mpt
=== salgado is now known as salgado-lunch
=== salgado-lunch is now known as salgado
intellectronicaRinchen: bing17:49
* mpt waves blearily to mwhudson 17:59
mwhudsonhi mpt18:00
mwhudsoni didn't even get up in time to make coffee :/18:00
mptI'd actually prefer this meeting at 1200 UTC, because that's when my other meeting is :-P18:00
thumpermpt: ah, no18:01
gmbmwhudson: What you get for moving to the other side of the world, mate.18:01
intellectronicamwhudson: it's not even clear that there is a meeting18:03
intellectronicabut don't be sorry - waking up early builds character :P18:03
sinzuiIt's all about you18:03
thumperwe're waiting for kiko to say yay or nay18:03
mpt#launchpad says "Next meeting (all welcome): Thu 6 March 2008, 1800UTC #launchpad-meeting"18:04
thumperbut he isn't around right now18:04
intellectronicayeah, barry is our new Cod18:04
salgadoI think barry was volunteering to chair the meeting? ;)18:04
* barry searches for his cape18:04
sinzuiwaking up early is an opportunity to have an accident while in a somnambulistic state18:04
* barry only finds his piece18:04
statik_thae cable company would choose *right now* to disconnect me18:05
sinzuiNo capes! Edna Mode was very clear on this point18:05
intellectronicasinzui: that's a /great/ word18:05
barryeven cod capes?18:05
mthaddonor es capes18:05
mptThis conversation is in a soporific state18:06
kikohello hello18:06
barrympt: better than sophomoric18:06
mptbut kiko will soon fix that18:06
sinzuibarry: Can you imagine the stench of a cod cape? You will certainly make friends with all the neighborhood cats.18:06
statik_al-maisan! welcome18:06
mptWelcome al-maisan18:06
cprovme, me18:06
kikowhere's that good ole Rinchen character18:06
barrysinzui: you're right.  and ms mode says nothing about cod pieces, so...18:06
al-maisanstatik_: thanks :-)18:06
thumperRinchen says he's busy18:07
sinzuibarry: Are you hinting that you are wearing a cod piece?18:07
kiko * Next meeting18:07
kiko * Actions from last meeting18:07
kiko * Oops report (Matsubara)18:07
kiko * Critical Bugs (Rinchen)18:07
kiko * Bug tags18:07
kiko * Operations report (mthaddon/herb)18:07
kiko * DBA report (stub)18:07
kiko * Sysadmin requests (Rinchen)18:07
kiko * New packages required (salgado)18:07
kiko * A top user-affecting issue (mrevell)18:07
kiko * Doc Team report (mrevell)18:07
MootBotMeeting started at 18:07. The chair is kiko.18:07
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]18:07
barrysinzui: hints and allegations18:07
bigjoolsme (until 1830UTC)18:08
intellectronicame (but leaving early, ~18:35)18:08
kikowell, we seem to have an official FreeNode representatirrrve18:08
kikovery good18:08
carlosjtv is travelling18:08
BjornTme (might leave a bit early as well)18:08
kikomrevell is on the train18:08
kikorinchen's blown us off18:08
kikosteve's chatting up girls18:09
kikowhat else18:09
BjornTallenap's internet connection is flakey, so he might not make it18:09
kikolet's make this quick then18:09
thumperkiko: code's not blocked, can I go now18:09
kikothumper, no.18:09
gmbkiko: allenap just phoned to say he /won't/ make it18:09
=== FreeNode is now known as herb
kiko[TOPIC] * Next meeting18:09
MootBotNew Topic:  * Next meeting18:09
=== herb is now known as herb_
SteveAkiko: !18:09
kikoso next meeting, who can't be here?18:10
barrykiko: me18:10
EdwinGrubbskiko: me18:10
SteveAI'll be en route to PyCon18:10
mthaddonI will be off next week (vacation)18:10
* kiko can't live without mthaddon!18:11
kikoI'll be here18:11
kikoso [AGREED] meeting next week, same time, same location.18:11
* kiko looks at MootBot 18:11
kiko[AGREED] meeting next week, same time, same location god dam mit18:11
MootBotAGREED received:  meeting next week, same time, same location god dam mit18:11
schwukmaybe it didn't like the "so "18:11
kiko[TOPIC] Actions from last meeting18:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Actions from last meeting18:12
kiko * repost: salgado to investigate adding turbogears for codebrowse and germinate18:12
kiko * repost: danilos to investigate profiling and Rosetta team to prepare proposal for next week to fix remaining timeouts18:12
kiko * repost: mthaddon - discuss updating devpad rocketfuel archives to packs and do so if lifeless approved.18:12
kiko * repost: kiko and cprov - discuss bug 19365618:12
ubotuLaunchpad bug 193656 in soyuz "Process-death-row procedure became very slow" [Critical,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/19365618:12
kiko * matsubara to file a place holder bug for OOPS-788EB21 and assign it to carlos who is already investigating it. Done: bug 19667918:12
ubotuLaunchpad bug 196679 in rosetta "ValueError on +language-packs" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/19667918:12
kiko * matsubara to investigate OOPS-788EC5 and confirm if it's related to 195809, if not file a new bug.18:12
kiko * matsubara to email flacoste about oops in 196661 and check if it was fixed by 191074. Done: 196661 is a new issue. Francis on it.18:12
kiko * cprov and salgado to discus python-apt packaging in lpdebs18:12
mthaddonkiko, devpad has been upgraded to packs format18:12
kikomthaddon, good job.18:12
matsubarait's not related and I just filed bug 199203 for OOPS-788EC518:12
ubotuBug 199203 on http://launchpad.net/bugs/199203 is private18:12
daniloskiko: we have some reports, haven't agreed on the action yet (a lot of stuff has changed with the new DB hardware)18:12
kikodanilos, yeah, the performance is amazing this week! let's keep our eyes peeled, but it looks much better.18:13
kikoflacoste, do you know the answer to the actions for salgado?18:13
salgadokiko, haven't investigated yet18:13
salgadokiko, I think we're going to put turbogears inside sourcecode/18:13
daniloskiko: some of my suspicions have been confirmed (i.e. lots of translations mean slower fetching of external suggestions), but some might need more investigation18:13
kikosalgado, do you need some input from anywhere?18:14
salgadokiko, and germinate should be easy to add18:14
salgadokiko, nope, don't think so18:14
kikosalgado, what do we need to do to make these happen? don't say give me 28h days18:14
salgadokiko, I'll do it tomorrow, promise!18:14
kikosalgado, :) thanks18:15
kikoso cprov and I have worked on the bug we had assigned to ourselves to fix death row slowness18:15
salgadothey don't seem to be urgent, so they kept slipping18:15
mwhudsonsalgado: be warned, turbogears doesn't work with the version of sqlobject that's in sourcecode...18:15
kikoelmo gave me a hint, and cprov worked out a patch that makes it, oh, 30x faster :)18:15
cprovkiko: yes, and julian will be reviewing it in a bit18:15
salgadomwhudson, that's good to know. thanks!18:15
kiko[ACTION] salgado to investigate codebrowse and germinate inclusion in sourcecode, TOMORROW :)18:16
MootBotACTION received:  salgado to investigate codebrowse and germinate inclusion in sourcecode, TOMORROW :)18:16
cprovsalgado: I'm just waiting to the new python-apt package to be published in gutsy-backports.18:16
kikocprov, any ETA for that from mvo?18:16
kikomatsubara, what about your action items?18:16
cprovkiko: no :(18:16
matsubarakiko: already answered.18:16
matsubarakiko: <matsubara> it's not related and I just filed bug 199203 for OOPS-788EC518:17
ubotuBug 199203 on http://launchpad.net/bugs/199203 is private18:17
matsubarakiko: and the other two are already done, and updated in the MeetingAgenda items themselves18:17
kikomatsubara, ah, I see that we've got some resolved ones there. thanks!18:17
kikomatsubara, are any of them high or critical?18:17
kikohey jml18:17
kikothumper, just saw your OOPS landing fix, thanks a lot -- we might need to get that cherrypicked if it's happenning on lpnet?18:18
kiko[TOPIC]  * Oops report (Matsubara)18:18
MootBotNew Topic:   * Oops report (Matsubara)18:18
matsubarakiko: only flacoste's one18:18
* flacoste is a slacker18:18
matsubaraToday's oops report is about bugs 192242, 19882818:18
ubotuLaunchpad bug 192242 in launchpad-bazaar "OOPS linking an existing branch to a series" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/19224218:18
ubotuLaunchpad bug 198828 in launchpad "Upload project file with non-ascii character in the filename breaks the page" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/19882818:18
matsubaraBug 192242 has no assignee yet, mwhudson recently changed its importance to High. Any code-team takers?18:18
flacostebut it should be fixed for next week18:18
matsubaraYesterday I chatted with Edwin about bug 198828. He took it and will have a fix soon.18:18
kikothanks flacoste18:19
mwhudsoni can look at it18:19
kikomatsubara, this happens because we have non-ascii filenames in islocc, right?18:19
matsubaraAlso bug 199203, which I just reported, could use some help from the code team to figure out the cause behind the oops18:19
ubotuBug 199203 on http://launchpad.net/bugs/199203 is private18:19
matsubarakiko: yes18:19
mwhudsonthough i worry that i'm going to get confused about the intended workflows around productseries18:19
kikomwhudson, hmm, if you wanna chat with me or thumper while we are around here, I'd be happy18:20
kikomwhudson, if you like, arrange a call with us for tomorrow18:20
kikocan be early if you like18:20
kikomatsubara, thanks!18:20
mwhudsonkiko: ping me when you get up?18:20
mwhudsoni'm likely to be working a bit later tonight anyway18:20
thumperkiko: the code oops is on lpnet, so yes a cherry pick would be a good idea18:20
kikothumper, please arrange it with mthaddon or herb_, rc=kiko18:21
kiko[TOPIC] * Critical Bugs (Rinchen)18:21
MootBotNew Topic:  * Critical Bugs (Rinchen)18:21
kikowe're going to skip this this week, unless anyone has a critical bug to raise18:21
sodarock_homematsubara: where you going to talk about https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/19625318:21
ubotuLaunchpad bug 196253 in launchpad "OOPS importing pgp key" [High,New]18:21
matsubaraoh sorry, forgot about that one.18:21
kikosodarock_home, we can do that as a top-user-affecting-issue-of-the-week18:21
kiko(if matsubara likes)18:22
matsubarayep, could be18:22
kikook cool18:22
kikoso any critical bugs apart from the ones above?18:22
matsubaraI'll proxy mrevell stuff anyway18:22
kikoSteveA, ping?18:22
kiko[TOPIC]  * Bug tags18:22
MootBotNew Topic:   * Bug tags18:22
SteveAkiko: hi18:22
kikoI had one proposed tag18:23
kikowanted input from BjornT, SteveA and others18:23
kiko dupefinder18:23
kikoBugs related to the duplicate matcher18:23
kiko[WWW] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/malone/+bug/17444318:23
ubotuLaunchpad bug 174443 in malone "Project groups need option to offer bug/question suggestions across projects" [Undecided,New]18:23
kikoanyone +/- on that?18:23
mptThere are about 3~4 bug reports that tag could be used for, that I know of18:24
statik_i am in favor of all tags18:24
kikoit's a bit of rather unique functionality we have18:24
kikoand we have it in answers and in bugs18:24
kikoanyone strongly against it?18:24
kikookay, I'll self-approve that one. :)18:25
kiko[TOPIC]  * Operations report (mthaddon/herb)18:25
MootBotNew Topic:   * Operations report (mthaddon/herb)18:25
mthaddonDB migration for staging and demo now complete18:25
mthaddonFeeds URLs should now be working correctly on demo18:25
mthaddonWorking on missing bug report for intellectronica18:25
mthaddonNeed to work on capturing coredumps for PQM18:25
mthaddonthat's it from herb and myself unless there are any questions18:26
daniloshow long will we be without production DB mirror?18:26
danilosSteveA: ^18:26
mthaddondanilos, that's up to SteveA and elmo to discuss18:26
SteveAwe discussed it18:26
mthaddondanilos, but there's always staging18:26
SteveAI want you to use staging for this.  You'll need to arrange with kiko and joey when it's appropriate for you to do heavy lifting on staging.18:27
kikodanilos, does it need to be r/w?18:27
kikomthaddon, are the last snags with updating staging finished?18:27
daniloskiko: yes, occasionally (when testing scripts like we want to do right now)18:27
mthaddonkiko, yes, all looking good now18:27
kikomthaddon, quite a number of them -- whose fault is that?18:27
mthaddonkiko, mine :(18:28
kikowas our setup complicated?18:28
kikoor undocumented?18:28
kikoor something else?18:28
mthaddonkiko, just more complicated when the DB and app server are on different boxes18:28
kikomthaddon, yeah, I can see how that is18:28
kiko[TOPIC]  * DBA report (stub)18:29
MootBotNew Topic:   * DBA report (stub)18:29
stubAuthPersonSplit has been drafted and wants feedback. Nothing else to report this week.18:29
mthaddonkiko, since we want to restore the DB to a new DB, and then if that works, bring the app server down, rename the DB, rollout new code, bring the app server back up, etc.18:29
carlosdanilos: you didn't wait for the RT section! :-P18:29
daniloscarlos: you get to mention it there, and then in the 'Translations: blocked' :)18:29
mthaddonkiko, and we also have authserver and mailman to worry about - which we were before too, but the new script is a little more comprehensive18:29
kikomthaddon, yeah, I can see how that is. congrats on getting it on!18:30
kikostub, who do you want feedback from?18:30
stubbarry, sabdfl, stevea, kiko, salgado (already done), francis18:30
stubAnd anyone else interested :)18:30
kikostub, we could do a phone call tomorrow earlier, if you like?18:30
kiko[TOPIC] * Sysadmin requests (Rinchen)18:31
MootBotNew Topic:  * Sysadmin requests (Rinchen)18:31
* barry will try to provide said feedback soon18:31
carlosRT: #3016718:31
RinchenHi! Is anyone blocked on an RT or have any that are becoming urgent?18:31
SteveAI'm hungry18:31
SteveAI'll file an RT request18:31
Rinchenback to you kiko18:31
gmbSteveA: Elmo will feed you shortly18:31
stubkiko: Read the spec first and see if a phone call is warrented. Hopefully I won't have to have calls with everyone :)18:31
carlosRinchen: getting back a mirror to test data migration script for a regression in Dapper langauge packs18:32
kikosalgado, cprov: do you guys need RTs?18:32
kikostub, we could have a confcall is my idea18:32
mthaddonSteveA, is RT 30167 obsolete based on your discussions?18:32
flacostesince most of us are in london18:32
Rinchencarlos, ok...send me the rt number in an email.18:32
kiko(for any of that packaging stuff)18:32
cprovkiko: no, it's all good.18:32
flacosteapart barry and salgado - who already gave you feedback18:32
carlosRinchen: ok18:32
stubkiko: ok. tomorrow.18:32
SteveAmthaddon: is that to do with translations using a server?18:32
kikostub, okay, will arrange -- thanks18:32
kiko[TOPIC] * New packages required (salgado)18:33
MootBotNew Topic:  * New packages required (salgado)18:33
mthaddonSteveA, yeah, staging accounts for translations18:33
salgadoif any of the branches you're working on right now  depends on any library which is not part of the launchpad-dependencies package, come talk to me ASAP.18:33
SteveAmthaddon: I disucssed it with kiko and elmo18:33
kikomthaddon, let's chat about this in 5 minutes18:33
cprovI'd like to know if we have a due date to migrate lp-dev default env to hardy.18:33
kikoany changes requiring new packages or a sourcecode update?18:33
kikocprov, hmm, we don't yet. what's broken?18:33
SteveAmthaddon: and they can have staging accounts, but we'll need a process for them to agree when they're going to be doing r/w or resource intensive stuff18:33
cprovit will affect the alternatives for lp-dep package18:33
cprovkiko: on hardy we won't need any change in lp-dep.18:34
kikoI see.18:34
kikowell, remind salgado if you remember you need a package!18:35
kiko[TOPIC] * A top user-affecting issue (mrevell)18:35
MootBotNew Topic:  * A top user-affecting issue (mrevell)18:35
matsubaraproxying mrevell:18:35
matsubaraUser-affecting issue:18:35
matsubaraHello! Today's user affecting issue was raised during the Bazaar18:35
matsubarasprint here in London and is to do with splitting bug reports.18:35
matsubaraIf someone reports a bug and it turns out that the issue is actually18:35
matsubaracaused by more than one bug, it would be useful to be able to split18:35
matsubarathe bug report. This is essentially the same as creating a new bug18:35
matsubarareport, except that this new process of splitting a bug would allow18:35
matsubarathe splitter to choose which comments would move into the new bug.18:35
kikomatsubara, not a bad feature, though perhaps a client-side script that cloned a bug would be a mitigation step18:36
kikoit wouldn't remove comments18:36
matsubaraAnd I'm looking for a volunteer or mentor for bug https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/196253. It's one line change fix but I have no idea how to test.18:36
ubotuLaunchpad bug 196253 in launchpad "OOPS importing pgp key" [High,New]18:36
kikomatsubara, cprov might be a good mentor for that?18:36
mptThat feature would be partly JavaScript, yes18:36
cprovmatsubara: I can help you with that.18:37
mptit's reported as bug 158718, which is currently marked Low18:37
ubotuLaunchpad bug 158718 in malone "ability to split bugs" [Low,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/15871818:37
kikomatsubara, can you relay that back as mrevell?18:37
matsubaracprov: ok. thanks. I'll chat with after the meeting18:37
matsubarakiko: sure thing.18:37
matsubarathanks mpt18:37
cprovmatsubara: cool18:37
kiko[TOPIC] * Doc Team report (mrevell)18:37
MootBotNew Topic:  * Doc Team report (mrevell)18:37
matsubaraproxying again:18:37
matsubaraHi. This week I've been down in London to take part in some of the18:37
matsubaraBazaar sprint and also to meet with members of the Launchpad team who18:37
matsubarahave been here this week.18:37
matsubaraThe most important thing to come out of this for Launchpad18:37
matsubaradocumentation is that I've spoken with the Launchpad team leads. I've18:37
matsubarataken notes regarding the next few months of work on each of their18:37
matsubaraparts of LP and this will feed into my user guide and new LP tour18:37
matsubaraA new way of implementing context help in the LP UI has been discussed18:37
matsubaraas well in London. mpt is planning to create mock-ups and a user18:37
matsubaraexperience description and I'm working to review our current UI text18:37
matsubaraand produce new context sensitive help.18:38
kikookay, this is cool18:38
kikonothing else to cover?18:38
matsubaranope, back to you kiko18:38
kiko[TOPIC]  * Blockers18:38
MootBotNew Topic:   * Blockers18:38
RinchenReleases Team: mpt blocked on foundations.18:38
kikoyou know what to doooooooooooo18:38
SteveASC: not blocked18:38
thumpercode: not blocked18:38
flacosteFoundations: not blocked18:38
kikoflacoste, what is this blocked on foundations madness???18:39
carlosTranslations: Blocked on RT #3016718:39
flacosteRinchen: i'll unblock you tomorrow18:39
BjornTBugs: not blocked18:39
flacosteRinchen: actually, you're not blocked, you have other things to do :-)18:39
gmbBugs team: not blocked18:39
carlosflacoste: is that my fault?18:39
* gmb should read scrollback18:39
flacostecarlos: nope18:39
adeuringHWDB: not blocked18:40
kikothanks adeuring18:40
kikocarlos, that RT should me sorted out real quick.18:40
flacostecarlos: well, you're also a blocker eventually, but that's not the one he's referring to :-)18:40
mptSteveA had this other word for "not blocked, but needing stuff from"18:40
kikookay, thanks everyone18:40
mptBut I forget what that word was18:40
kikosee you again next week18:40
MootBotMeeting finished at 18:40.18:40
carlosflacoste: that's what I suspected... :-P18:40
stubBed time18:40
carlosflacoste, mpt: I will try to get that done tomorrow. At least started18:40
* stub waves goodnight18:41
kikonight stub18:41
mwhudsonthanks kiko18:41
kikothanks mwhudson18:41
flacostecarlos: what was your next step?18:41
carloskiko: is there anything I should do to get unblocked?18:41
kikomwhudson, if you wanna call us tomorrow, let me know18:41
kikocarlos, no, I'll see to it with elmo18:41
mptthanks carlos18:41
carloskiko: ok, thank you18:41
flacostecarlos: is it the Navigation menu links?18:41
mwhudsonkiko: well, i'll have a look-see today, and if i'm confused will hassle you when you get up :)18:41
kikomwhudson, sounds good. thanks!18:41
carlosflacoste: take a look to current code, prepare an action plan and ask for a preimplementation call18:41
carlosflacoste: yeah18:42
flacostecarlos: ok, i discussed this with SteveA, so have a good idea of the solution, which is very easy actually18:42
flacostecarlos: we can discuss it tomorrow18:42
carlosflacoste: ok18:42
carlosflacoste: should we agree the time now?18:42
flacostecarlos: 15:30UTC?18:43
carlosflacoste: I need to be out of the office around that time18:44
carlosit needs to be earlier or much later...18:44
flacostecarlos: ok, let's see how it goes here tomorrow, otherwise, it probably have to be next week18:44
flacostecarlos: i'll try to find some time during a break in the morning discussions18:44
* statik_ curses the network18:45
carlosflacoste: thanks18:45
statik_lpcomm: not blocked18:46
* statik_ goes downstairs to talk with the cable installers18:47
=== EdwinGrubbs_ is now known as EdwinGrubbs
=== salgado is now known as salgado-brb
=== salgado-brb is now known as salgado
=== statik` is now known as statik

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!