=== kiko is now known as kiko-zzz
=== kiko-zzz is now known as kiko
=== salgado-afk is now known as salgado
=== mrevell is now known as mrevell-lunch
=== mrevell-lunch is now known as mrevell
=== Rinchen` is now known as Rinchen
=== salgado is now known as salgado-lunch
=== kiko is now known as kiko-afk
=== salgado-lunch is now known as salgado
* bigjools waves at al-maisan17:20
al-maisanbigjools: thanks!17:20
matsubarameeting time?17:59
Rinchenjust about17:59
MootBotMeeting started at 18:59. The chair is Rinchen.17:59
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]17:59
Rinchenyea mootbot17:59
Rinchen[TOPIC] Roll Call17:59
MootBotNew Topic:  Roll Call17:59
cproverr, me18:00
Rinchenmrevell, ?18:00
RinchenI have apologies from bac, thumper, carlos, BjornT, mwhudson, mpt18:01
al-maisanal-maisan: me18:01
Rinchenherb, jtv kiko-afk ?18:01
danilosRinchen: jtv was in just before the MootBot18:01
Rinchenah see him now, thanks18:01
jtvRinchen: and danilos was second18:02
Rinchenstatik, EdwinGrubbs ?18:02
statikRinchen: thanks for the pnig18:02
RinchenSteveA, ?18:02
Rinchensuspect the pycon folks won't be here18:03
Rinchenwell, moving on then...18:03
Rinchen[TOPIC] Agenda18:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Agenda18:03
Rinchen * Next meeting18:03
Rinchen * Actions from last meeting18:03
Rinchen * Oops report (Matsubara)18:03
Rinchen * Critical Bugs (Rinchen)18:03
Rinchen * Bug tags18:03
Rinchen * Operations report (mthaddon/herb)18:03
Rinchen * DBA report (stub)18:03
Rinchen * Sysadmin requests (Rinchen)18:03
Rinchen * New packages required (salgado)18:03
Rinchen * A top user-affecting issue (mrevell)18:03
Rinchen * Doc Team report (mrevell)18:04
Rinchen * login() and "current" requests in doctest (flacoste)18:04
Rinchen * Blockers18:04
Rinchen[TOPIC] Next meeting18:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Next meeting18:04
Rinchennext week, same time, same station.18:04
RinchenI know bac will be unable to attend.18:04
RinchenAnyone else?18:04
Rinchenand for the lurkers:  Welcome to this week's Launchpad development meeting. For the next 45 minutes or so, we'll be coordinating Launchpad development.18:05
Rinchenok then.18:05
Rinchen[TOPIC] Actions from last meeting18:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Actions from last meeting18:05
Rinchenmatsubara, flacoste and stub to discuss UTF-8 safety of byName and other random attacks to launchpad.net18:05
Rinchenkiko - consider changing meeting time during next meeting  (Note it was discussed to wait until NZ goes to DST which is April 6th).18:05
flacosteRinchen: SteveA commented on the bug and we have a kind of resolution18:06
flacosteRinchen: still need to be implemented though18:06
matsubaraRinchen, I've added the discussion in the bug report and stub said byName are safe enough. the method is doing the right thing.18:06
Rinchenflacoste, matsubara - thanks. I'll drop that from the actions list then18:06
RinchenI'm going to punt Kiko's item for a bit18:06
Rinchen[ACTION] kiko - consider changing meeting time after April 6th.18:07
MootBotACTION received:  kiko - consider changing meeting time after April 6th.18:07
Rinchen[TOPIC] Oops report (Matsubara)18:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Oops report (Matsubara)18:07
matsubaraToday's oops report is about bugs 204344, 67899, 20435518:07
ubotuLaunchpad bug 204344 in launchpad-bazaar "OOPS merging an already merged proposal branch" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/20434418:07
ubotuLaunchpad bug 67899 in malone "Large emails do not generate error messages to users" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/6789918:07
ubotuLaunchpad bug 204355 in malone "UnicodeDecodeError decoding email header" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/20435518:07
matsubarasorry for the delay, I was finishing filing the last one.18:07
matsubaraanyway, any code team representative today?18:08
gmbmatsubara: I'll bite.18:08
gmbYou said code, not bugs18:08
* gmb goes back to sleep18:08
matsubarabugs is the next one in the queue18:08
Rinchenmatsubara, I think they are not around today18:08
matsubaraI'll assign the code one to thumper and he can decide later on18:08
Rinchengmb, we do have that cross-training program ;-)18:09
matsubarathe other two are bugs in the email interface18:09
matsubaraso, gmb already volunteered to take those :-)18:09
gmb*theatrical sigh*18:09
intellectronicagmb: i'll take one off you18:09
matsubaraactually, I'm not sure if 67899 description is really tru18:10
Rinchen[ACTION] matsubara to email thumber  the code oops18:10
MootBotACTION received:  matsubara to email thumber  the code oops18:10
gmbintellectronica: Thanks.18:10
matsubaraintellectronica, we now tell users that an OOPS happened right?18:10
intellectronicamatsubara: we do in most cases (depending on the cause for the OOPS)18:10
matsubarain any case, #67899 needs update to tell users why the email was rejected18:10
matsubararight. I'll update the description.18:11
matsubarathanks intellectronica and gmb18:11
matsubaraback to you Rinchen18:11
intellectronicamatsubara: yes, users should get an OOPS report about this error, but a clearer message would be even better18:11
gmbintellectronica: I'll take 204355 in that case.18:11
Rinchen[AGREED] intellectronica and gmb to work on the two bugs oopes18:11
MootBotAGREED received:  intellectronica and gmb to work on the two bugs oopes18:11
intellectronicagmb: i'll take 6789918:11
Rinchenthanks guys18:12
Rinchen[TOPIC] Critical Bugs (Rinchen)18:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Critical Bugs (Rinchen)18:12
Rinchen[LINK] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/19693618:12
Rinchenadeuring, how is this going? This is now about two weeks old, no?18:12
MootBotLINK received:  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/19693618:12
Rinchen[LINK] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/rosetta/+bug/19610618:12
Rinchen[LINK] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/rosetta/+bug/20139418:12
Rinchendanilo, jtv: how are these going? These are now about two weeks old, no?18:12
MootBotLINK received:  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/rosetta/+bug/19610618:12
MootBotLINK received:  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/rosetta/+bug/20139418:12
ubotuLaunchpad bug 196106 in rosetta "context menu entry "Paste File" [and other dialogs] not translated into German (anymore)" [Critical,In progress]18:12
Rinchen[LINK] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/rosetta/+bug/20317218:12
Rinchenjtv: What's the plan for this one?18:12
MootBotLINK received:  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/rosetta/+bug/20317218:12
ubotuLaunchpad bug 203172 in rosetta "Clashing platform-specific msgids in XPI" [Critical,New]18:12
jtvRinchen: just implemented that one18:12
danilosRinchen: one in pqm queue and waiting for kiko's approval to cherrypick, other only waiting for kiko's approval to cherrypick18:13
adeuringRinchen: I submitted a bug fix for review18:13
danilosRinchen: apparently, not talking about the same thing though :)18:13
danilos196106 is in pqm and waiting for cherrypick approval18:13
jtvRinchen: 201394 is still in PQM IIRC18:14
danilosRinchen: bug 200499 is actually waiting for approval as well18:14
ubotuLaunchpad bug 200499 in rosetta "Imported translation from upstream not correctly importing all strings" [Critical,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/20049918:14
Rinchenk, that's great.  thanks.18:14
Rinchen[TOPIC] Bug tags18:14
MootBotNew Topic:  Bug tags18:14
Rinchenwe have one18:14
Rinchenbut it's for BjornT and kiko-afk18:15
Rinchenwho are both absent today18:15
statikthats not a tag it's a paragraph18:15
gmbstatik: Yes, but we can't have "bastard" tag.18:15
statiki'd be more interested in a "test" tag for all stuff related to the test system18:15
Rinchensince the sponsors are not here, I'll leave that until next week18:15
statikbut thats just my mild opinion18:16
stubWhy not? That seems a bit specific for me.18:16
Rinchenstatik, we have that  test-system18:16
statikok, cool.18:16
Rinchenso I'm going to move and punt this to next week18:16
Rinchen[TOPIC] Operations report (mthaddon/herb)18:17
MootBotNew Topic:  Operations report (mthaddon/herb)18:17
herbTwo cherrypicks went in for Production last week.18:17
herbOne cherrypick went in on edge today.18:17
herbThere is one cherrypick on the LaunchpadProductionStatus page awaiting approval.18:17
herbCodebrowse was restarted on Monday in response to an alert.18:17
herblpnet2 was restarted earlier today.18:17
herbThe help wiki was updated to fix a handful of bugs.18:17
herbUnless there are questions, that's it from mthaddon and me.18:17
herberr the cherry pick on edge went in on Monday not today.18:17
statikherb: any idea of the load on squid? is it holding up alright?18:17
herbstatik: I haven't looked recently.  will take a look after the meeting though.18:18
statikherb: cool, thank you18:18
Rinchen[TOPIC]  DBA report (stub)18:18
MootBotNew Topic:   DBA report (stub)18:18
stubNothing from me this week. Don't all applaud at once.18:18
* Rinchen applauds.18:18
* jtv applauds first18:18
* Rinchen laughs.18:18
statikstub: I've been running with PG 8.3 locally, is there anything I should be doing to help the migration?18:19
flacostestub: maris is also running 8.3 i think18:19
stubstatik: AFIK the whole test suite is passing, so nothing more to do from the devs18:19
stubJust a scheduling and.... replication... issue18:19
stub(hope to use replication to avoid the 3 hours downtime to migrate to 8.3)18:20
Rinchenstub, how is the replication activity going?18:20
Rinchenstub, we're all excited about it18:20
stubBeen working on it today18:21
stub8.3 upgrade should be no problem18:21
stubThe tools to do database migration for devs, staging and production is the problem18:21
stubWhat we have is pretty bulletproof at the moment, and I'd like to keep that.18:22
RinchenI think we all would :-)18:23
Rinchen[TOPIC] Sysadmin requests (Rinchen)18:23
MootBotNew Topic:  Sysadmin requests (Rinchen)18:23
RinchenHi! Is anyone blocked on an RT or have any that are becoming urgent?18:23
RinchenI know about Kiko's request for the wikis.18:23
bigjoolsRinchen: just my one for the private PPA server18:24
Rinchenbigjools, I'll look at that one again. I didn't read through the dialog that happened earlier this week.18:24
Rinchen[TOPIC] New packages required (salgado)18:25
MootBotNew Topic:  New packages required (salgado)18:25
salgadoif any of the branches you're working on right now  depends on any     library which is not part of the launchpad-dependencies package, come talk to me ASAP.18:25
bigjoolsRinchen: elmo said he would do it after I had a phone call with him, not sure what the status is, but it would be nice to get this for 1.2.318:25
adeuringsalgado: I sent you a mail: is the libx18:26
salgadoadeuring, already replied18:26
adeuringsalgado: thanks!18:26
Rinchen[TOPIC] A top user-affecting issue (mrevell)18:26
MootBotNew Topic:  A top user-affecting issue (mrevell)18:26
mrevellI'd like to raise the issue of spam, or other inappropriate cont18:27
mrevellI'd like to raise the issue of spam, or other inappropriate content, in bug comments. This has come up on launchpad-users and mpt points to bug 45419 (Launchpad needs a way of easily flagging spam).18:27
ubotuLaunchpad bug 45419 in launchpad "Launchpad needs a way of easily flagging spam" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/4541918:27
mrevellSo, I'm wondering if people have noticed more spam in bug comments. mthaddon - as one of the people that deletes spam, have you noticed a change?18:27
herbI know it was driving me a bit crazy last week in mthaddon's absence.18:27
mthaddonmrevell, definitely enough to be annoying (esp. given our current process for dealing with them), but couldn't give you any real statistical evidence18:28
mthaddonbasically I think herb and I would be very happy if this was made a bigger priority18:28
mrevellOkay, cheers guys. I want to try to get a feel for whether this an increasing problem, so I'll keep checking back with you18:28
mthaddonis it possible to get this targeted - it's taking valuable OSA time?18:28
intellectronicamthaddon: maybe as a first step we can make it easier to get rid of a spammy message once it has been identified?18:29
mthaddonintellectronica, that would be a great first step18:29
mthaddonintellectronica, allowing for administrative editing or deletion of comments would be great18:29
mrevellIs it a big job to implement?18:29
gmbmrevell: I wouldn't have thought so.18:29
herbit would be nice if project admins could police their own projects18:29
flacosteherb: for the moment, we are afraid of censorship18:30
gmbherb: Yes, but it would be easier to make it so that Launchpad admins could do it. We could move onto project admins later.18:30
mrevellOne of the benefits of LP is... oh, flacoste made the point18:30
flacosteherb: so that would require a workflow18:30
Rinchen[AGREED] Need to elevate the priority of allowing administrative editing / deletion of comments to help ease the removal of spam18:30
MootBotAGREED received:  Need to elevate the priority of allowing administrative editing / deletion of comments to help ease the removal of spam18:30
mrevellthanks guys18:31
Rinchen[LINK] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/4541918:31
MootBotLINK received:  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/4541918:31
ubotuLaunchpad bug 45419 in launchpad "Launchpad needs a way of easily flagging spam" [Medium,Confirmed]18:31
stubPeople can already censor if they are running their own trackers18:31
stubI think in reality censorship isn't much of an issue (?)18:31
statikespecially not when LP makes it so easy to fork a project18:32
flacosteif instead of removing comments we hide them18:32
flacosteit would be easy for people to complain and for an admin to unflag them18:33
statik+1 on that idea18:33
Rinchenour Legal information dictates a policy for this. Censorship is not something we do. https://help.launchpad.net/Legal18:33
Rinchenspam removal is.18:33
flacostethat also solves the problem of comment index moving when removing a comment18:33
stubsure, although if a project maintainer wants to 'garden' comments and we don't let 'em they will go elsewhere.18:33
Rinchenhiding would be a better solution18:33
herbRinchen: but if you give it to the project admins, it's not "us" censoring anything (should that problem arise).18:34
intellectronicaRinchen: hey, someone censored my legitimate comment offering cheap generic medicine as a solution to that bug, i protest! ;-)18:34
Rinchenon that note18:35
Rinchen[TOPIC] Doc Team report (mrevell)18:35
MootBotNew Topic:  Doc Team report (mrevell)18:35
mrevellHey now18:35
stubSelf medication solves many problems.18:35
mrevellI'm both cheap and generic18:35
jtvRinchen: not that kind of "doc"18:35
mrevellI posted some projects  and bugs related material to the team list for your review and would grateful for any comments. This week I've had my head down working solidly on the new user guide and some work on new tour material. I know everyone's busy, but if you could take a look and get back to me with comments, that would be most helpful and enable me to make these new docs live.18:35
mrevellNext week, in between release announcement stuff, I'll be working getting this draft of the new tour finished, ready for review.18:35
mrevellLast week kiko mentioned the idea of each LP team working with me to produce some materials. I'm keen for that to happen and would like to speak to each team lead next week.18:35
statikmrevell: i'm excited to see the new tour, i point people to the tour almost daily18:35
mrevellstatik: Ah great, maybe we should talk early next week.18:36
statikmonday, 4AM!18:36
mrevellstatik: I'd like to know more about what people want from it, that they've told you18:36
mrevellstatik: heh, ideal :)18:36
statikmrevell: anytime next week I'd love to have a call, monday is pretty open18:36
mrevellstatik: I'll send you a calendar invite.18:37
Rinchenmrevell, how is the doc team (i.e. users team) progressing?18:37
RinchenI'm interested to see how well that experiment goes18:37
mrevellRinchen: It's not something I've had time to progress lately, unfortunately. We have people who are interested and have joined the team. Next step is to get an inaugural meeting and let each member know about the mailing list. Neither of which should take me long at all, obviously.18:38
RinchenWeek 0 maybe. Ok, thanks18:38
mrevellYeah, cheers.18:39
Rinchen[TOPIC] login() and "current" requests in doctest (flacoste)18:39
MootBotNew Topic:  login() and "current" requests in doctest (flacoste)18:39
flacostethis is a simple information point18:39
flacostewith the new canonical_url view_name parameter addition18:39
flacostesome of your doc tests may change18:39
flacostethis feature requires that the "current" request (retrieved through get_current_browser_request()) be setup18:40
flacosteotherwise, you'll have AssertionError18:40
flacostethe way to do this is simply to pass a request argument to login() as second parameter18:40
flacostelogin(ANONYMOUS, LaunchpadTestRequest()) will work nicely18:40
flacostethat's it!18:40
Rinchenflacoste, the existing doc tests will be updated?18:41
flacosteit's only for new doc test18:41
Rinchengreat, thanks.18:41
RinchenAny other impromptu topics before we head off?18:41
marswe need to see more mugshots :)18:42
Rinchendon't like's stub's toe?18:42
mrevellYeah, all LP team members to brand their account!18:42
sinzuiWe need more material to make pics for pirate day18:42
RinchenA general reminder the LP logo contest ends on 31 March.18:43
Rinchen[TOPIC] Blockers18:43
MootBotNew Topic:  Blockers18:43
RinchenReleases Team: Not blocked.18:43
jtvTranslations: not blocked18:43
intellectronicasinzui: pirateday is an illegal site - we don't condone that sort of activity18:43
flacosteFoundations: not blocked18:43
schwuk_hwdb: Not blocked.18:43
bigjoolsSoyuz: blocked on the RT you already know about :)18:43
schwuk_intellectronica: you're confusing day with bay.18:44
statiklpcomm: not blocked18:44
Rinchen[AGREED] Soyuz block on PPA RT18:44
MootBotAGREED received:  Soyuz block on PPA RT18:44
intellectronicaschwuk_: aaaaaaah18:44
intellectronicabugs team: not blocked18:44
RinchenThank you all for attending this week's Launchpad Developer Meeting. See the channel topic for the location of the logs.18:44
stubintellectronica: You mean 'aargh'18:44
MootBotMeeting finished at 19:45.18:44
Rinchenphoto finish!18:45
Rinchenthanks all18:45
statikRinchen: nice timing! thanks for chairing18:45
mrevellThank you everyone for being so freaking cool.18:45
=== kiko-afk is now known as kiko
=== salgado is now known as salgado-afk
=== kiko is now known as kiko-afk
=== matsubara is now known as matsubara-afk

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!