=== mwhudson_ is now known as mwhudson
=== mrevell is now known as mrevell-lunch
=== mrevell-lunch is now known as mrevell
=== gmb_ is now known as gmb
=== mera_naam is now known as gauravdott
=== salgado is now known as salgado-lunch
Rinchenhello MootBot18:06
bigjoolsRinchen: is there a meeting18:17
gmbRinchen, bigjools: The calendar says it's at 18:00 UTC...18:18
bigjools7pm - will definitely not be making that then18:19
sinzuiWe really need to move this meeting next week18:19
sinzuiI may be the only North American that supports that.18:20
RinchenOn the 6th I think is when NZ does their timezone change18:21
sinzuiThe argument would be in the European favour too if it wasn't for all us cheap Americans.18:21
Rinchensinzui, spoken like a true Canadian18:21
* sinzui gets out the visa18:22
Rinchenand the mastercard18:22
Rinchenat the very least we can go to 17:00 next week. That should be 7am for thumper18:23
sinzuiI still hold Canada responsible for global warming18:24
sinzuiAnd Brian Adams18:24
bigjoolsand maple syrup18:24
bigjoolswait...that's nice!18:24
* sinzui likes maple syrup18:25
bigjoolspreferably doused on some pancakes18:25
sinzuibigjools: There is a fashion in the US to lace sausages and bacon with it.18:25
bigjoolsewww gross18:26
bigjoolsthere's only one thing to have with bacon18:26
sinzuibigjools: the first bite is fine, it's the second bite that you think 'ewww gross'18:26
bigjoolsmore bacon18:26
sinzuibigjools: I think I agree with you18:26
bigjoolsexcept if it's Jono18:26
sinzuiThere ca be only one18:27
Rinchenmmm bacon. You're making me hungry for lunch18:27
=== salgado-lunch is now known as salgado
sinzuijsk: translations is hiring18:49
Rinchenjtv...  did you notice the similarities between SKJ and jsk ? :-)18:50
jtvjsk: come back, all is forgiven!18:50
jtvRinchen: for that reason alone we must have him back.  :-)18:51
jtvRinchen: ah, and the K in SKJ became a GTF Contributor today.18:51
* gmb hands mwhudson a large coffee.18:51
Rinchenjtv, well, add  JJS = Joseph James Stanford (joey) and you can add me18:52
danilosRinchen: no, that sucks :)18:52
jtvRinchen: you're already in the GCP, no?18:52
Rinchenjtv, no idea18:53
jtvRinchen: but you're in the GTF now, right above Journal of Japanese Studies.18:54
thumpermwhudson: I feel the same way18:57
Rinchenmorning thumper18:58
thumperRinchen: morning18:58
kikoahoy hoy18:58
* flacoste cheers kiko18:58
Rinchenahoy me matey18:58
Rinchen45 seconds on the atomic clock18:59
intellectronicai say, free supply of meth to the down under participants if they agree to hold the meeting an hour earlier18:59
* Rinchen laughs. 18:59
thumperHmm.. my clock must be out18:59
Rinchenintellectronica, I don't think Thumper needs meth18:59
gmbT - 518:59
Rinchenand on that note.....19:00
MootBotMeeting started at 20:00. The chair is Rinchen.19:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]19:00
RinchenWelcome to this week's Launchpad development meeting. For the next 45 minutes or so, we'll be coordinating Launchpad development.19:00
Rinchen[TOPIC] Roll Call19:00
MootBotNew Topic:  Roll Call19:00
bigjoolsme for 30 mins19:00
Rinchenmrevell, mpt ?19:00
flacostebarry is still sick<19:00
Rinchenapologies from allenap19:01
kikoI'm sick too19:01
mrevellRinchen: mpt said somethng about going to the other side of the world earlier, so maybe he's on a flight.19:01
Rinchenanyone missing from your teams flacoste, statik ?19:01
statikall present and me'd19:02
flacosteRinchen: apart barry, no one19:02
Rinchencool thanks19:02
Rinchen[TOPIC] Agenda19:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Agenda19:02
flacosteRinchen: besides i'd love to have statik on my team, but he got one of his own :-)19:02
Rinchen* Next meeting19:02
Rinchen * Actions from last meeting19:02
Rinchen * Oops report (Matsubara)19:02
Rinchen * Critical Bugs (Rinchen)19:02
Rinchen * Bug tags19:02
Rinchen * Operations report (mthaddon/herb)19:02
Rinchen * DBA report (stub)19:02
Rinchen * Sysadmin requests (Rinchen)19:02
Rinchen * New packages required (salgado)19:02
Rinchen * A top user-affecting issue (mrevell)19:02
Rinchen * Doc Team report (mrevell)19:02
Rinchen * Blockers19:02
Rinchen[TOPIC] Next meeting19:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Next meeting19:03
RinchenThere was some rather vocal pre-meeting discussion about how the 18:00 UTC meeting time no longer works for the European team members now that the Northern Hemisphere is on DST.19:03
RinchenDST ends in NZ on the 6th which would mean that next week could start the meeting at 17:00 UTC and this would restore the meeting time to the usual hour. I understand this is still not convenient for the eastern Europeans but it would be 7am in NZ allowing those folks to participate.19:03
thumperah, 17:00 UTC is 5am19:03
jtvOr midnight for me19:04
gmbEven *I* think that would be harsh...19:04
Rinchenhmm I must have misread timeanddate.com then19:04
thumperfor NZ take UTC and add 12 hours19:04
thumperI could do 6am19:04
thumperbut 5am is a little harsh19:04
Rinchenyeah, indeed19:05
Rinchenwe could move the meeting up19:05
Rinchenbut even at 14:00 it'll be 2am19:05
thumpervotes suck19:05
flacosteyeah, the antipodeans are underpresented19:05
Rinchenbecause they are mostly asleep still19:06
danilosthumper: we can vote on that too :)19:06
carloslet's open a Launchpad poll!!19:06
gmbflacoste: I think you mean under*rep*resented.19:06
* carlos hides19:06
Rinchenkiko, opinions19:06
gmbUnless they're sartorially shoddy...19:06
flacostegmb: that also ;-)19:06
bigjoolsit's going to suck for *someone* whatever we do19:06
kikoI think we shouldn't change the date, as much as it pains northerners19:06
kikoor the time19:07
Rinchenyeah, even the meeting spreadsheet doesn't help us due to our diversity19:07
intellectronicahow about rotation, so it only sucks some of the time?19:07
kikothis meeting time is totally geared towards tim -- if we change it to be one hour closer to death from him, we've failed19:07
thumpermy only suggestion would be to have rotation19:07
thumperintellectronica: exactly19:07
kikoa lot of people would miss meetings, I suspect19:07
kikorotations are really confusing19:08
kikowell, here's my proposal19:08
schwukthey are19:08
bigjoolsthumper: just move back to London :)19:08
RinchenI agree because they wouldn't know when the meeting would be19:08
sinzuiThe sparsest population is San Francisco and Denver. Should we move the meeting to 13:0019:08
adeuringan email reminder can help19:08
kikothumper decides whether it's 18:00 or 17:00 UTC19:08
kikoand we try a rotation for the team leads meeting for 2 weeks19:08
kikoif it works for that smaller group we can try it for the larger group19:08
Rinchen(which starts on Monday)19:08
kikois that workable for the next 2 weeks?19:09
Rinchenok by me but I'm not affected19:09
Rinchenanyone deeply opposed?19:09
danilosany chance to get a more relaxed excuses for missing meetings then?19:09
RinchenI'd say take that discussion up with your manager.19:10
jtv...who is sitting right next to him19:10
RinchenI have no problem with it so long as it's not a regular occurrence and someone covers for you19:10
Rinchencovers and provides feedback about the meeting of course19:10
kikodanilos, it's only one meeting a week -- it's not like you don't get a lot of flexibility otherwise.19:10
stubIs this meeting still considered essential for everyone now the teams have grown and been reorganized? (assuming yes, but I don't know if this has been discussed)19:11
kikoI can see that if it's after 10pm or before 7am it's nasty19:11
kikoI think the meeting is one thing that helps ensure people are on the same page in a number of things19:11
daniloskiko: that's true, but see stub19:11
kikodanilos, I'm really sympathetic to stub, jtv and thumper for that reason19:11
intellectronicalet's discuss this again after you've experimented with rotation for  for the team leads meeting. no point going on about this for hours here and how19:11
kikofair enough. thanks19:11
barrykiko: i don't care what you do, just be sure to send a very clear email to the list stating when the next meeting is ;)19:12
kikobarry, in what timezone? :)19:12
Rinchen[AGREED] try rotating the team leads meeting to see how well that works for everyone. If it works well we'll consider rotating the larger LP meetings.19:12
MootBotAGREED received:  try rotating the team leads meeting to see how well that works for everyone. If it works well we'll consider rotating the larger LP meetings.19:12
kiko[AGREED] keep meeting at 18:00 for the next 2 weeks19:12
barrykiko: us eastern of course <wink>19:12
* kiko kicks fucking MootBot 19:12
Rinchen[AGREED] keep meeting at 18:00 for the next 2 weeks19:12
MootBotAGREED received:  keep meeting at 18:00 for the next 2 weeks19:12
Rinchen[TOPIC] Actions from last meeting19:13
MootBotNew Topic:  Actions from last meeting19:13
Rinchenboth have been worked on19:13
Rinchenflacoste, any commentary on the librarian?19:13
Rinchennone is ok19:14
flacosteRinchen: kiko and I had a call, and it seems that the issue is similar to the app server19:14
flacosteRinchen: so i'm investigating that first19:14
Rinchenk, thanks. We'll come to that topic shortly19:14
Rinchen[TOPIC] Oops report (Matsubara)19:14
MootBotNew Topic:  Oops report (Matsubara)19:14
matsubaraToday's oops report is about bugs 209892, 211394, 21142319:14
ubotuLaunchpad bug 209892 in launchpad-bazaar "LaunchpadValidationError raised while registering a branch using the xmlrpc interface" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/20989219:14
ubotuLaunchpad bug 211394 in launchpad-bazaar "OOPS deleting a branch" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/21139419:14
ubotuLaunchpad bug 211423 in malone "OOPS in the email interface when inactive account tried to file a new bug" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/21142319:14
matsubaramwhudson, since you commented on #209892, and wrote that code, can you take it?19:14
matsubarathumper, who from your team should take 211394?19:15
matsubaraintellectronica, can you take 211423?19:15
mwhudsonmatsubara: oh right yes19:15
thumpermatsubara: I'll work with abentley on 21139419:15
intellectronicamatsubara: i can take a look at 211423, since i'm doing emaily stuff anyways19:15
matsubarathat was smooth! thanks guys19:15
matsubaraI'm done Rinchen. back to you19:15
Rinchen[AGREED] mwh to work on bug 20989219:15
MootBotAGREED received:  mwh to work on bug 20989219:15
Rinchen[AGREED] intellectronica to look at bug 21142319:16
MootBotAGREED received:  intellectronica to look at bug 21142319:16
ubotuLaunchpad bug 211423 in malone "OOPS in the email interface when inactive account tried to file a new bug" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/21142319:16
RinchenI'm trying to do more of these per feedback from the Ozzies19:16
Rinchen[AGREED] Thumper and abentley to look at bug 21139419:16
MootBotAGREED received:  Thumper and abentley to look at bug 21139419:16
Rinchen[TOPIC] Critical Bugs (Rinchen)19:16
MootBotNew Topic:  Critical Bugs (Rinchen)19:16
ubotuLaunchpad bug 211394 in launchpad-bazaar "OOPS deleting a branch" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/21139419:16
Rinchentwo for today19:16
mwhudsonRinchen: +119:16
Rinchen[LINK] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/20665419:16
RinchenThis is the memory issue. flacoste, SteveA - is there anything anyone else can do to help?19:16
MootBotLINK received:  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/20665419:16
kikoRinchen, SteveA and flacoste have a good plan19:17
kikoRinchen, flacoste's working hard on some diagnostic code -- let's wait to see that deployed.19:17
Rinchengood deal. I didn't think there was much we could add19:17
Rinchen[LINK] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/rosetta/+bug/20985919:17
Rinchenjtv, what's your plan for your popularity issue?19:17
MootBotLINK received:  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/rosetta/+bug/20985919:17
jtvRinchen: ?19:17
jtvRinchen: ah, that.19:17
jtvRinchen: memory errors are fixed now, so it's not quite as urgent anymore.19:18
jtvRinchen: so will look into that in more detail later.19:18
Rinchenjtv, should it be high rather than critical?19:18
jtvRinchen: now, yes.19:18
mthaddonjtv, have we confirmed the memory error fix works as expected?19:18
Rinchenjtv, would you do the honours?19:18
jtvmthaddon: yes, thanks for the quick rollout19:18
* jtv does honours19:19
Rinchen[AGREED] downgraded bug 209859 to high as it's not as much of an issue now19:19
MootBotAGREED received:  downgraded bug 209859 to high as it's not as much of an issue now19:19
ubotuBug 209859 on http://launchpad.net/bugs/209859 is private19:19
ubotuBug 209859 on http://launchpad.net/bugs/209859 is private19:19
Rinchen[TOPIC] Bug tags19:19
MootBotNew Topic:  Bug tags19:19
Rinchenwe have 119:19
Rinchenintellectronica, javascript19:19
* kiko snickers as he fixed his!19:19
kikoI approve javascript19:20
RinchenAny objections?19:20
intellectronicasounds like a consensus to me19:20
Rinchen[AGREED] javascript bug tag approved, intellectronica to update the wiki19:20
MootBotAGREED received:  javascript bug tag approved, intellectronica to update the wiki19:20
Rinchen[TOPIC] Operations report (mthaddon/herb)19:21
MootBotNew Topic:  Operations report (mthaddon/herb)19:21
herb2008-03-31 - edge2 died. nothing in nohup.out. restarted.19:21
herb2008-03-31 - Cherry pick 597719:21
herb2008-04-02 - edge3 died, no coredump. restarted.19:21
herb2008-04-02 - Cherry pick 599219:21
herb2008-04-02 - edge1 died during logrotate.  restarted.19:21
herbWe're going to be testing a new staging update script which might cause staging update errors over the next couple of days. Tom and I will be watching closely.19:21
herbCherry pick 5992 had issues due to the new config format.19:21
herbMultiple restarts of both edge and production app servers daily due to memory leaks.19:21
mthaddonI'd also like to bring up the issue of rocketfuel-built inconsistencies that I'd mailed to the list19:21
kikoherb, what's the issue with the staging update script?19:22
mthaddonkiko, we're adding an option to allow non DB-import version19:22
herbkiko, no issue, just a change in the way we deploy the code.19:22
mthaddonkiko, at the moment, non-DB import on staging is manual - we're adding it as an option to the script so it can be consistent and quicker in the future19:23
kikonice job!19:23
RinchenAnything else for herb or mthaddon ?19:23
mthaddonthx, rocketfuel-built inconsistencies, anyone?19:23
kikothe deaths of edge due to links?19:23
Rinchenah yes19:23
kikomthaddon, you got a reply on list about that?19:23
kikoit's something to take up with lifeless afaik19:23
mthaddonkiko, yeah, but wasn't very revealing - okay, will take up with lifeless19:24
kikothe deaths of edge due to leaks?19:24
herbkiko, most likely.19:24
LarstiQleaks make a lot more sense than links :)19:24
kikomthaddon, the inconsistencies were pretty minor, right -- just perms?19:24
kikoLarstiQ, talking on the phone at the same time ruins me :-/19:24
mthaddonkiko, yeah, just perms, but creates noise on a new production code checking script we're putting in place19:24
Rinchenfurther discussion?19:25
mthaddonbut anyway, that's it from me19:25
Rinchen[TOPIC] DBA report (stub)19:25
MootBotNew Topic:  DBA report (stub)19:25
stubCurrently our full text indexes are only indexing the first 2.5k of text for a row. This is screwing up package searchi (Bug 207969). I'll be landing a patch that turns off this limit so we can test on staging to see if anything blows up. I think the limit is left over from limitations on earlier PG versions.19:25
stubI want to have the auth/person split finalized next week and implementation started. I need to go over the options and recommendations with Mark first.19:25
stubI've been seeing more idle open transactions being killed by our transaction reaper - fiera and poexport I think. These should be obvious in the OOPS report (server closed connection). If this is a problem and can't be fixed in the short term let me know and we can discuss increasing the timeouts.19:25
ubotuLaunchpad bug 207969 in soyuz "ppa search fail to return expected results on some cases" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/20796919:25
stubWe have two options for migrating to PG 8.3. Do it whenever while the data centre machines are running dapper and take around a 3.5 hour downtime hit, or wait until the DC machines are running hardy and we can run Slony-I. This will allow us to do the migration with a few minutes of downtime. I'm thinking waiting for Hardy unless elmo wants to delay DC upgrades for some reason.19:25
stubAll for now.19:25
danilosstub: fyi, those 'poexport' leftovers could be from manual killings of poexport script to solve some problems19:26
kikostub, I'm hoping for hardy soon, too19:26
kikolet's see what the release looks like19:26
stubOk. I can't tell from my end.19:27
* stub nods19:27
RinchenThanks stub19:27
Rinchenanything further for stub?19:27
Rinchen[TOPIC]  Sysadmin requests (Rinchen)19:27
MootBotNew Topic:   Sysadmin requests (Rinchen)19:27
RinchenHi! Is anyone blocked on an RT or have any that are becoming urgent?19:28
RinchenI know about the usual suspects from last week19:28
kikoRinchen, BjornT will be wanting to talk to elmo about setting up a debbugs instance19:28
jtvRinchen: #30384 is pretty important to us.19:28
jtvBut it's brand-new.19:28
BjornTkiko: we'll be having a call about it tomorrow19:29
kikoBjornT, owwsom19:29
RinchenBjornT, let me know how it goes.19:29
Rinchenjtv, got it19:29
Rinchenany others?19:29
bigjoolsRinchen: any eta for mine?19:29
Rinchenbigjools, none, or kiko's either.  IS is working on several things, many to prep for hardy as I understand19:29
Rinchenbut I'll keep after them19:30
Rinchen[TOPIC] New packages required (salgado)19:30
MootBotNew Topic:  New packages required (salgado)19:30
mthaddonjtv, isn't that just setting up launchpad_langpack?19:30
salgadoif any of the branches you're working on right  now depends on any library which is not part of the launchpad-dependencies      package, come talk to me ASAP.19:30
kikosalgado, there is a big hardy shakeout happening eh?19:30
jtvmthaddon: basically, though no longer as standby for production19:30
kikowill that affect lp-devel-deps19:30
mthaddonI thought we'd agreed to use launchpad_staging for that?19:31
salgadokiko, hardy shakeout?19:31
Rinchenyeah, what should we do about python-xml?19:31
kikowell, the upgrade causing issues left and right with our dependencies19:31
jtvmthaddon: we feel like messing with the schema.19:31
carlosmthaddon: it's just for a big branch we are working on19:31
carlosmthaddon: in general stating is enough19:31
mthaddonjtv: well that didn't last long... :(19:31
salgadoI think in the long term we should replace python-xml with something else19:31
kikomthaddon, hey, this is software engineering! :)19:32
RinchenI'm currently running and older copy per salgado's email19:32
jtvengineering is blowing stuff up.19:32
flacoste salgado: i suggest the ElementTree API19:32
stub(which means we make it up as we go along)19:32
kikowhat flacoste said19:32
salgadojtv, carlos, danilos, is that feasible?19:32
* intellectronica blows his nose19:32
kikostub, (you and me think alike)19:32
flacostesalgado: several libraries provide that interface (lxml, cElementTree, ElementTree, there is even a BeautifulSOupwrapper for it)19:32
kikoflacoste, ah, there's a wrapper you tell me now!!19:32
danilossalgado: would need investigation, we are parsing DTD, not XML19:32
Rinchenwe also use py xml for new branch creation when running make schema19:32
flacostekiko: not the way we need for our pagetests though19:33
kikoflacoste, </319:33
flacostekiko: it to use the ELementTree API with BeautifulSoup19:33
mwhudsonRinchen: eh, really?  is that not something that just gets imported by the by?19:33
Rinchenmwhudson, I haven't checked it in detail though19:34
kikoI am concerned that the hardy upgrade will cause big shakeouts in lp-deps and we are skewed further from production19:35
kikobut I guess we'll just need to keep a special eye out for version upgrades19:35
kikoand file bugs against ubuntu19:35
kikoplease escalate ubuntu packaging bugs to joey19:35
kikoand I'll work with him to make sure they are fixed19:35
kikobefore hardy releases19:35
salgadokiko, I don't see what is your concern. the only problem we've seen so far is with python-xml and python-pkg-resources19:36
kikothis is really important, because otherwise we're at a distro blind spot just filing bugs19:36
carlosRinchen: https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/20841819:36
ubotuLaunchpad bug 208418 in bzr "ValueError when trying to pull/merge from a remote repository" [Critical,Confirmed]19:36
kikosalgado, that's two packages already19:36
salgadothe latter not being in lp-deps so not really a problem19:36
kikoand counting19:36
kikowell.. so yes, this problem goes beyond deps, salgado19:36
kikowhat's your point? should we not worry? :)19:36
salgadowe should19:37
kikookay! :)19:37
salgadoI just don't expect it to be a big deal19:37
salgadomaybe I'm just too optimist19:37
kikowell, it's a big deal if we need to pin or downgrade packages past the hardy release19:37
kikolet's make sure we get these fixed before that.19:37
kikoover and out! send bugs to Rinchen19:37
Rinchen[AGREED] there is concern that hardy will affect our dependencies. e.g. python-xml no longer contains a module we need.  Devs to provide bugs of this sort to Rinchen for follow up19:37
MootBotAGREED received:  there is concern that hardy will affect our dependencies. e.g. python-xml no longer contains a module we need.  Devs to provide bugs of this sort to Rinchen for follow up19:37
Rinchen[TOPIC]  A top user-affecting issue (mrevell)19:38
MootBotNew Topic:   A top user-affecting issue (mrevell)19:38
mrevellother than the POT export failure, which the Translations guys are dealing with, I haven't seen any major issues this week. However, in the launchpad-users thread on bug noise, Bruce Cowan links to a fascinating blog post and comment discussion on karma hunting (http://www.sourcecode.de/content/dealing-with-bugs-no-karma-hunting). The suggestion is that some people edit bugs in an unhelpful manner simply to boost their karma. It19:38
mrevellmakes interesting reading, even if just to see views on how karma influences people's actions in LP.19:38
kikoI should read that, I have lots of karma19:39
RinchenWe've had amazing OpenID feedback since we launched too..... amazing as in a lot of it19:39
mrevellI would be interested to hear from anyone else who has seen a user-affecting issue that they'd like to discuss, though.19:39
stubThe fact I still get Bug #1 spam (and other bugs too) bugs me19:39
kikostub, is that bug invalidated for Launchpad?19:39
kikoI was looking at https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/malone/+bug/8348819:39
ubotuLaunchpad bug 83488 in malone "Implicitly unsubscribe bug contact when bug is Invalid" [Undecided,Confirmed]19:39
stubSo invalid targets shouldn't get mail any more? Cool.19:40
kikoI wish it weren't so controversial19:40
mwhudson(there's a bug about this problem too, i think)19:40
kikothere is19:40
statikI was really pleased to note yesterday that zed shaw started using bazaar and launchpad http://www.zedshaw.com/projects/vellum/19:40
kikothat's very cool19:40
kikoI've been seeing lots of people request project groups19:41
mrevellstatik: nice hat19:41
statikah, that reminds me!19:41
statikuser affecting issue19:41
statikwhen people start using launchpad19:41
statikthey almost ALWAYS forget to link their bazaar branch to the trunk series19:41
abentleykiko: I think that unsubscribing from the bug is wrong.  There should be a way to delete the BugTask.19:41
statikwhich means that bzr get lp:project doesn't work19:42
abentleyThere are *lots* of annoying things about the continued existence of invalid bugtasks.19:42
thumperstatik: I tried to make that a bit more obvious on the project code page19:42
thumperstatik: perhaps we need to work out a better way19:42
thumperstatik: mdz suggested making "bzr push lp:project" autolink19:43
statikthumper: yeah, I've just realized over the last week that almost every new project i saw in launchpad I had to email them and tell them to hook up their branch to trunk19:43
thumperstatik: which requires api's to work as a privledged user19:43
thumperbut would be cool19:43
barrystatik: happens to me all the time, and i /know/ i have to do that19:43
mwhudsonthumper: something for the branch/+new page too?19:44
kikoabentley, well.. deleting bugtasks is a possibility, too. it's just nastier and gives off a different impression than invalidation.19:44
mwhudsonif user is owner and there is no trunk.user_branch then ...19:44
thumpermwhudson: perhaps...19:44
kikogood call mwhudson19:44
thumpermwhudson: best to talk with poolie, but he might agree19:45
mwhudsondoesn't help if the user doesn't use the +new page19:45
mwhudsonthumper: right19:45
* Rinchen glances at the clock.19:45
RinchenI'm going to move on then....19:46
Rinchenthanks for the discussion19:46
Rinchen[TOPIC] Doc Team report (mrevell)19:46
MootBotNew Topic:  Doc Team report (mrevell)19:46
mrevellHowdy. I've published the new Help wiki home page, along with the YourAccount, Teams and Projects sections of the new user guide. In the mean time, while waiting for the new user guide sections, I've linked to existing material in the "user guide" section of the new front page.19:46
mrevellFollowing on from last week's meeting, we've had a positive response to the idea of a frequent update detailing changes on edge. We seem to have a split, right now, between those who'd prefer a feed and those who are happy with email. I'd say using the beta testers team's mailing list for these updates would be the least-effort option right now.19:46
mrevellHowever it's presented, beta team members seem keen to get this information, as it'll enable them to actively test things we haven't announce in some other way, rather than stumble across them.19:46
mrevellThe only real time-drag I can see, in actually producing the report, is finding if the feature/fix has made it to edge.19:46
mrevellthanks Rinchenator19:47
gmbmrevell: Can we not create a script for you that would do the hard work?19:47
kikomrevell, we should probably just stick this on edge itself..19:47
mrevellkiko: In the way poolie suggested?19:47
gmbThat sounded more subservient than I'd intended...19:47
kikoi.e. in a hideable element present overlayed19:47
RinchenI rather liked poolies NEWS idea19:47
mwhudsonmrevell: doesn't the "build 6002" thing in the footer help with that?19:47
Rinchenbut it's an extra step to do news19:48
* mwhudson has unpleasant thoughts about conflicts19:48
mrevellmwhudson: Yeah, it would, although commit 6001 might not be on edge because a db change19:48
abentleyLet everyone create a description of their feature.  One per file, so you don't get conflicts.  Require it in reviews.19:48
mwhudsonmrevell: uh19:48
thumperabentley: ah, a news.d directory19:48
mwhudsonmrevell: either you or i are confused here :)19:48
mrevellmwhudson: Or am I confused?19:48
mrevellmwhudson: Most likely me :)19:48
abentleythumper: Pretty much.19:49
mwhudsonmrevell: lets take this elsewhere19:49
mrevellmwhudson: k19:49
RinchenThe advantage of a news.d directory or similar is that we can feed that automagically19:49
Rinchenrather than mrevell having to sift through commits to produce something19:49
thumperand no conflicts19:49
thumper(with suitable naming scheme)19:49
kikoI'm not opposed to it19:49
kikowould engineers be discliplined enough about it, though?19:50
Rinchenyeah. I'm happy to try to automate something else but the key for me is that it be automated...and not time consuming.19:50
kikoRinchen, hold a vote?19:50
thumperhow about a directory called "edge-news"?19:50
kikowell, it's not really just edge news19:50
mrevellI'd always be available to help write or review these news snippets.19:50
kikoif we do it that way19:50
statikthat's interesting, as the news entry would then be part of the code review19:50
thumperkiko: they only need to write something if they want explicit testing19:50
kikoit's news.d really19:50
kikothumper, explicit announcement, I hope you mean?19:50
mrevellthumper: Yeah, simple bug fixes or whatever wouldn't need it.19:50
thumperwell, yea19:50
daniloswarning: we are over time already ;)19:50
kikothis isn't just for testing19:51
mrevellI'll open a thread on the ML19:51
kikoit's for communicating to people what we're doing19:51
stubNews on edge is different to News on production ('Please beta test this new feature' vs. 'here is this cool new feature')19:51
kikothough one is a batched and subsetted form of another if you provide a full changelog19:51
kikoI'm not sure -- just musing19:51
* sinzui rescues children from state institution. 19:52
kikoanyway, good plan with mrevell opening a thread, let's just not drop it19:52
abentleySo tragic to be institutionalized so young.19:52
kikomoveing on19:52
Rinchenmrevell, let's chat about this when you have time19:52
kikomovieing on19:52
mrevellRinchen: sho thang19:52
Rinchenit's that time again...19:52
Rinchen[TOPIC] Blockers19:52
MootBotNew Topic:  Blockers19:52
jtvTranslations: more Kiko please!19:53
flacosteFoundations: not blocked19:53
cprovSoyuz Team: not blocked19:53
BjornTBugs: not blocked19:53
RinchenReleases Team: Not blocked too badly. :-)19:53
thumperCode: not blocked19:53
kikojtv, now with added 99% more kiko19:53
adeuringhwdb: not blocked19:53
jtvkiko: yummy19:54
cprovSoyuz team: P3A RT from bigjools (correction)19:54
Rinchen[AGREED] soyuz team blocked on the RT19:54
MootBotAGREED received:  soyuz team blocked on the RT19:54
statiklopcomm: not blocked19:54
statiklpcomm even19:55
kikoSteveA's out19:55
Rinchenvery well then19:55
RinchenThank you all for attending this week's Launchpad Developer Meeting. See the channel topic for the location of the logs.19:55
MootBotMeeting finished at 20:55.19:55
kikothanks joeyey19:55
thumperthanks Rinchen19:55
kikoit's great when the meeting overruns!19:55
intellectronicathanks Rinchen, great meeting19:55
mrevellThanks rinchen, thanks everybody.19:55
RinchenThanks gents19:55
statikthanks everyone for a very informative meeting (especially those at odd timezomens)19:55
abentleyThanks everybunny19:55
mwhudsonthanks all19:55
* mwhudson goes for more caffeine19:55
schwukThanks Rinchen19:56
carlosthanks *19:56
mrevellRight, I'm off to drink a flat pint of brown beer, eat jellied eels and wallow in some other stereotypes.19:56
=== kiko is now known as kiko-afk
=== kiko-afk is now known as kiko
=== salgado is now known as salgado-afk

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!