=== Rafik_ is now known as Rafik
=== asac_ is now known as asac
Belutz@schedule Jakarta06:06
ubottuBelutz: Schedule for Asia/Jakarta: 08 Jul 18:00:  Asia and Oceania Ubuntu Membership Approval Board | 08 Jul 18:00: Asia and Oceania Ubuntu Membership Approval Board | 08 Jul 22:00:  Server Team | 10 Jul 00:00: QA Team | 10 Jul 05:00: Platform Team | 10 Jul 20:00: Desktop Team06:06
=== doko__ is now known as doko
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
* persia does the dance of preparedness (which may take 20 minutes)11:38
=== ubottu changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Current meeting: Asia and Oceania Ubuntu Membership Approval Board | Calendar: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/event | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/ | 08 Jul 11:00 UTC: Asia and Oceania Ubuntu Membership Approval Board | 08 Jul 15:00 UTC: Server Team | 09 Jul 17:00 UTC: QA Team | 09 Jul 22:00 UTC: Platform Team | 10 Jul 13:00 UTC: Desktop Team
amachuelky: TheMuso: persia: lifeless: Hi11:56
TheMusoamachu: Hi. There is nobody on the agenda.11:56
TheMusoamachu: And lifeless said he likely may not be around.11:56
TheMusoI'm all for postponing the meeting, unless there is something else we need to discuss.11:57
elkyi second postponing11:57
persiaWhy postpone?  Let's have the meeting now, and call it done, and have another next week.12:00
=== ubottu changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Current meeting: Asia and Oceania Ubuntu Membership Approval Board | Calendar: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/event | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/ | 08 Jul 15:00 UTC: Server Team | 09 Jul 17:00 UTC: QA Team | 09 Jul 22:00 UTC: Platform Team | 10 Jul 13:00 UTC: Desktop Team
* persia moves to adjourn the meeting12:00
elkywhichever way works12:00
elkythat's probably the word we were looking for12:01
elkymy brain started switching off about half an hour ago12:01
* persia waits for our fearless leader to take a decision based on the motion12:01
persiaelky: slow switch, or just intermittent for a while?12:01
elkywe have a leader?12:01
elkypersia, like water cooling12:02
elkyso the former ;)12:02
persiaDidn't we declare amachu lord high leader, secretary for life, and continual chair so the rest of us could get out of writing anything up?12:02
elkyah right, indeed!12:02
elkyamachu, no agenda: luke, emmet and i all voted for postpone. aye or nay?12:03
=== Rafik_ is now known as Rafik
amachu_elky: persia : TheMuso : so shall we have our next meeting on 22 Kuly12:03
amachu_elky: I agree12:03
elkypersia, stop making me look like a fool :Þ12:03
persia22 works for me.12:03
TheMusoYep that works for me also.12:04
persiaelky: Sorry.  It's a bit earlier here, so I have an advantage :)12:04
elkypersia, cheat!12:04
elkyg'nite guys12:04
amachu_so we decide to have our next meeting on 22 July 08, 11.00 AM UTC12:05
elkyamachu, i believe so12:05
amachu_elky: g'nite12:05
* elky wanders off to tv land for a few hours12:05
amachu_fine then12:05
amachu_anything else to shared, discussed?12:05
persiaamachu: Nope.12:07
amachu_persia: ok. I will update the wiki accordingly. Thank you everyone for participating12:08
amachu_have good day/ evening/ night ;-)12:08
Belutzhi all, sorry I just finished a meeting12:39
persiaBelutz: No problem.  We had a quick meeting.  The only agenda items were 1) to schedule the next meeting for the 22nd, and 2) to adjourn.12:40
Belutzpersia, ah ok12:40
Belutzpersia, 22nd with the same time?12:40
Belutzok, thanks persia :)12:41
persiaMy understanding is that we're skipping the 15th as the third Tuesday, which would be conflicting with the CC meeting.12:41
Belutzpersia, ok :)12:49
=== ubottu changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Calendar: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/event | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/ | 08 Jul 15:00 UTC: Server Team | 09 Jul 17:00 UTC: QA Team | 09 Jul 22:00 UTC: Platform Team | 10 Jul 13:00 UTC: Desktop Team | 10 Jul 16:00 UTC: Ubuntu Mobile | 11 Jul 12:00 UTC: MOTU
=== effie is now known as keffie_jayx
=== thekorn_ is now known as thekorn
=== ubottu changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Current meeting: Server Team | Calendar: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/event | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/ | 09 Jul 17:00 UTC: QA Team | 09 Jul 22:00 UTC: Platform Team | 10 Jul 13:00 UTC: Desktop Team | 10 Jul 16:00 UTC: Ubuntu Mobile | 11 Jul 12:00 UTC: MOTU
kirklandhowdy all15:59
* mathiaz waves15:59
nxvl\o\ |o| /o/ |o| \o\15:59
lukehasnonameKernkraft - Zombie Nation16:00
mathiazallright - let's get started16:00
mathiazfor today's server team meeting !16:01
MootBotMeeting started at 10:02. The chair is mathiaz.16:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:01
mathiazToday's agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Meeting16:01
mathiazlast meeting logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/2008070116:02
mathiazI've updated the Roadmap16:02
mathiazso that we knwo what's we're working on during this release cycle16:03
mathiazif things are missing there, add them to the wiki page16:03
kirklandmathiaz: i still owe you an update to the Roadmap on the LSB init script stuff16:03
kirklandmathiaz: I'll do that today16:03
mathiazkirkland: great - thanks16:03
mathiaz[ACTION] kirkland to update the lsb section on the roadmap16:04
MootBotACTION received:  kirkland to update the lsb section on the roadmap16:04
nxvl need to add the augeas thing also16:04
mathiazkirkland: do you know what you wanna add there ?16:04
nxvli will try to do it tonight16:04
kirklandmathiaz: yeah, so the status_of_proc() function is in Ubuntu's lsb, and has been pushed to Debian, where the maintainer says he likes it, and will integrate after the Debian freeze is over16:05
kirklandmathiaz: there's a list of package in this bug: https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/debian/+source/lsb/+bug/20316916:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 203169 in samba ""status" function for init scripts" [Wishlist,Confirmed]16:05
mathiazkirkland: ok - so now we need to update the package to use this lsb function16:05
kirklandmathiaz: those are the key server packages where I'd like to submit a stack of very small patches to use this function16:05
kirklandmathiaz: I'm going to try and knock all of those out today16:06
mathiazkirkland: ok - great !16:06
kirklandmathiaz: should only take a few hours16:06
nxvlkirkland: so finally the DM accepted the patch? Awesome!16:06
kirklandmathiaz: I will need sponsorship, of course16:06
zulkirkland: feel free to bug me16:06
nxvlkirkland: and me16:06
kirklandzul: awesome!16:06
kirklandnxvl: cool!16:07
nxvli have some time this weekend16:07
mathiazkirkland: I'd advise you to go through the sponsorship queue16:07
kirklandmathiaz: right, i will certainly do that16:07
mathiazgreat - let's move on16:07
mathiaz[TOPIC] #16:08
mathiazReview progress made on the specification listed on the Roadmap.16:08
MootBotNew Topic:  #16:08
mathiaz[TOPIC] Review progress made on the specification listed on the Roadmap.16:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Review progress made on the specification listed on the Roadmap.16:08
mathiaznealmcb: any new factoids ?16:08
mathiazsommer: I've looked into the splitting the server guide from the big ubuntu-doc branch16:09
mathiazsommer: It seems really easy to achieve16:10
mathiazsommer: so one option we could do is to push our own branch - and then you could merge it the ubuntu-doc branch16:10
mathiazsommer: I'm not sure if that would work well, but we could give it a try16:10
sommermathiaz: yep, and the more I think about it the more I'm all for it :)16:11
mathiazsommer: the ubuntu-doc bzr branch uses a format that support sub-tree, so it's really easy to split a sub-directory in its own branch16:12
sommermathiaz: do you know what needs to happen as far as the current LP branch?  I guess I'm not too familiar with the branching process16:12
mathiazsommer: however I haven't figured out how to deal with translations16:12
mathiazsommer: no yet - I'm still experimenting with it16:12
sommermathiaz: translations, are really one of the biggest issues when dealing with the docs... for me it's easy to forget about them16:13
nxvli have some workaround on a bzr branch on how to do translations16:13
sommermathiaz: great, just let me know how I can help :)16:13
nxvlthe script is ubuntu-course specific, but it won't be hard to change it16:13
mathiazsommer: well - what I don't understand is where/when the translations are included16:13
mathiazsommer: IIUC they're done in rosetta - but how do they end up in the bzr tree ?16:14
sommermathiaz: the when is after string freeze, the new strings are translated and the packages are created16:14
nxvlthis a po maker script16:14
mathiazsommer: right - so there is not point in having the .po files in the bzr branch ?16:14
sommermathiaz: I think they're synced sometime after SF16:15
nxvlthis is*16:15
sommermathiaz: I don't think so, at least not right away16:15
LaserJock.pot files are created from the docbook, put in the source package, and they get extracted to Rosetta, then the .po files are downloaded, converted back into docbook16:15
mathiazsommer: hm - ok - I think I'll ask about that on the ubuntu-doc ml or IRC channel16:15
nxvlmathiaz: rosette generates .pot files16:15
nxvlmathiaz: so at some point you only need to download them and include in your release16:16
sommerLaserJock: ah, thanks that makes more sense :)16:16
LaserJocknxvl: rosetta generates .po files, you send it .pot files16:16
mathiazLaserJock: well - can I ask more detailed questions about the process after the meeting ?16:17
nxvlLaserJock: :D I'm not a translation expert, thanks for clearing it16:17
LaserJockmathiaz: sure16:17
mathiazLaserJock: thanks - let's move on16:17
LaserJockmathiaz: I'm not a translation expert but I do it for edubuntu-docs16:17
mathiaz[TOPIC] Migrate openldap configuration to cn=config16:17
MootBotNew Topic:  Migrate openldap configuration to cn=config16:17
mathiazso I've started to work on that spec - and got some preliminary code16:17
mathiazI've finally understood the packaging bits and have a plan now16:18
mathiazI'd like to talk with slangasek about it and get some if his input on this16:19
mathiaz[TOPIC] Boot Support for Degraded RAID16:19
MootBotNew Topic:  Boot Support for Degraded RAID16:19
mathiazkirkland: anything new ?16:19
kirklandmathiaz: nope, not yet16:19
mathiazkirkland: ok16:19
mathiazkirkland: are you blocked on something ?16:20
kirklandmathiaz: the Ecryptfs work is pretty much done, i'm turning my focus now to Degraded RAID and ISCSI16:20
mathiazkirkland: or just not enough time ?16:20
kirklandmathiaz: time ;-)16:20
mathiaz[TOPIC] Encrypted ~/Private Directory in Each User's Home16:20
MootBotNew Topic:  Encrypted ~/Private Directory in Each User's Home16:20
mathiazkirkland: anything to test ?16:20
kirklandmathiaz: I think I'm going to tackle Degraded RAID first16:20
kirklandmathiaz: yes, this stuff is in pretty good shape in Intrepid now16:20
nealmcbmathiaz: sorry - was distracted - we have a new kvm factoid and an updated virtualization factoid16:21
mathiazkirkland: so it's uploaded - can we ask for more widespread testing ?16:21
ubottukvm is the preferred virtualization approach in Ubuntu. For more information see https://help.ubuntu.com/community/KVM16:21
ubottuThere are several solutions for running other operating systems (or their programs) inside Ubuntu, while using the native CPU as much as possible: !kvm is the preferred approach in Ubuntu.  See also !QEmu (with !KQemu), !VirtualBox, !VMWare, as well as !WINE and !Cedega for Windows applications16:21
kirklandmathiaz: I'll update the testing instructions in the Spec and send an email out to the server mailing list16:21
mathiazkirkland: great - could you also add an item to the Testing section on the Roadmap ?16:21
kirklandmathiaz: there's one thing that has to be done manually still....16:21
mathiaznealmcb: great - thanks16:22
kirklandmathiaz: one line has to be added to /etc/pam.d/common-auth, and one line to /etc/pam.d/common-session16:22
mathiazkirkland: does this need to be documented somewhere ?16:22
kirklandmathiaz: i need some advice from slangasek on how to do this automatically or on install16:22
kirklandmathiaz: it's documented in the Spec16:22
kirklandmathiaz: basically, the pam_ecryptfs.so module needs to be added to the stack16:22
kirklandmathiaz: I don't understand how we can do this automatically and within Debian policy16:22
kirklandmathiaz: any help here would be much appreciated16:23
mathiaz[ACTION] kirkland to update the testing instructions in the Spec and send an email out to the server mailing list about ecrypts fs16:23
MootBotACTION received:  kirkland to update the testing instructions in the Spec and send an email out to the server mailing list about ecrypts fs16:23
mathiazkirkland: I'd suggest to send an email to ubuntu-devel@16:23
kirklandmathiaz: okay, will do16:23
dendrobateskirkland: I have some ideas as well.16:23
kirklanddendrobates: yeah?16:23
kirklanddendrobates: let's talk offline, then16:24
dendrobateskirkland: ok16:24
mathiaz[ACTION]: kirkland to ask for feedback on how to add the pam_ecryptfs module to the pam stack16:24
MootBotACTION received: : kirkland to ask for feedback on how to add the pam_ecryptfs module to the pam stack16:24
mathiaz[TOPIC] Migrate new installs and upgrades of client and server packages to use SSL v3 or TLS16:25
MootBotNew Topic:  Migrate new installs and upgrades of client and server packages to use SSL v3 or TLS16:25
mathiazivoks: ?16:25
ivokssorry for being late16:25
ivoksthis is just configuration change16:25
mathiazivoks: np - just in time for your spec :)16:25
ivoksfor all services, so only patches needed are for config files16:25
ivoksthis is a no brainer, and will be done at the end of this week16:26
mathiazivoks: do you have a list of services that needs to be updated ?16:26
ivoks(i'm just busy these days with exams on faculty; tomorrow is the last one)16:26
mathiazivoks: I don't see it on the wiki page16:26
mathiazivoks: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MigrateOffSSL216:26
ivoksapache2, dovecot, postfix16:26
ivoksi'll finish wiki after tomorrow16:27
mathiazivoks: these are the only services ?16:27
ivoksonly that come to my mind atm16:27
mathiaz[ACTION]: ivoks to update the MigrateOffSSL2 wiki page with a list of services that needs to be checked and fixed16:27
MootBotACTION received: : ivoks to update the MigrateOffSSL2 wiki page with a list of services that needs to be checked and fixed16:27
ivoksi'll take a look at openldap also16:28
mathiazivoks: great - thanks.16:28
mathiaz[TOPIC] Integration of Dovecot SASL and Postfix16:28
MootBotNew Topic:  Integration of Dovecot SASL and Postfix16:28
mathiazivoks: while you're around - ^^16:28
ivoksshoot :)16:28
mathiazivoks: one question I have is why use dovecot sasl ?16:28
ivoksyes, openldap is a config change too16:29
ivoksTLSCipherSuite HIGH:MEDIUM:-SSLv216:29
mathiazivoks: while doing some prep work for the kerberos spec, I quickly looked at sasl16:29
ivoksmathiaz: saslauthd?16:29
mathiazivoks: there are indeed two implementations of sasl in main, cyrus an dovecot16:29
mathiazivoks: unfortunately support for dovecot sasl is almost inexistent (only exim and postfix)16:30
mathiazivoks: so we need to keep cyrus-sasl in main for the other services16:30
nxvlmathiaz: i have deploy dovecot with sasl before, is painful but it can be done16:30
ivoksso... basicaly, why not do postfix and cyrus too?16:31
mathiazivoks: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NetworkAuthentication/KerberizeServices16:31
mathiazivoks: ^^ there is a list of services in main that support sasl16:31
mathiazivoks: so the aim is to provide an easy way to enable sasl auth in postfix - why not choose cyrus ?16:32
sommermathiaz: don't you have to change the cyrus socket location if using postfix in chroot?  which could cause an issue if running those other services on the same box?16:33
mathiazsommer: well - you'd have the same problem with dovecot16:33
sommerwith dovecot you have to change the location as well, but since less services can use it less are affected16:33
ivokswell... there is no special reason, except the chrooted postfix, but that's the same problem with dovecot16:33
ivoksdoh.. :)16:33
sommerit just feels to me that dovecot and postfix make a good match... plus they're both mail related so they might be more likely to be installed on the same box16:34
ivoksi don't recall what were the reasons to move to dovecot16:34
mathiazwell - my main argument is that most of services in main use cyrus sasl16:34
ivoksexcept that setting dovecot's sasl is easy and all packages are already there16:34
mathiazand it seems that it will be the case for quite some time as supporting dovecot sasl require hacking the src code IIUC16:35
sommerand postfix is by default in chroot16:35
ivoksfwiw, we will have the same packaging problems with both variants16:35
mathiazivoks: aggreed16:35
sommerwould un-chrooting postfix alleviate some of the pain?16:36
mathiazivoks: so it may worth looking into improving cyrus sasl experience16:36
ivoksif cyrus is way to go for everything else... well, it would be silly not to go there with postfix and dovecot, too16:37
mathiazivoks: so - should we retarget to integrate cyrus sasl instead of dovecot sasl for postfix ?16:37
* ivoks cries...16:38
ivoksah well, ok :D16:38
mathiazivoks: could you look into that and report back what needs to be done to integrate postfix and cyrus sasl ?16:38
ivokslife would be much easier if postfix wouldn't be chrooted :/16:38
ivoksmathiaz: simple: get postfix out of jail or add another 'meta' package that would delete cyrus socket, create it in postfix chroot, and then link old location16:39
mathiaz[ACTION] ivoks to look into cyrus sasl/postfix integration16:40
MootBotACTION received:  ivoks to look into cyrus sasl/postfix integration16:40
mathiazivoks: I'll update the roadmap then.16:40
mathiaz[ACTION]: mathiaz to update the Roadmap wrt postfix sasl integration16:40
MootBotACTION received: : mathiaz to update the Roadmap wrt postfix sasl integration16:40
mathiaz[TOPIC] Ubuntu Manpage Repository16:40
MootBotNew Topic:  Ubuntu Manpage Repository16:40
mathiazkirkland: ?16:40
kirklandmathiaz: awaiting Kees' security audit16:41
kirklandmathiaz: elmo has agreed to provide hosting for it16:41
kirklandmathiaz: elmo just asked kees to sign off on the code16:41
mathiazkirkland: ok - great16:41
kirklandmathiaz: there's a Launchpad project if anyone else wants to review16:41
* nealmcb cheers16:41
mathiazkirkland: where ?16:41
nxvlkirkland: i can make a security audit on it, did you have some branch or link i can break?16:42
kirklandmathiaz: nxvl: https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu-manpage-repository16:42
nxvl(just to make things faster on kees revition)16:42
kirklandmathiaz: i might add that the command line interface, "dman" absolutely kicks arse!16:42
mathiazkirkland: could add a reference to dman to the spec somewhere ?16:43
kirklandmathiaz: instant access from a command line to any man page in any ubuntu release dapper - intrepid, main/universe/multiverse/restricted16:43
mathiazkirkland: so that we can keep track of it ?16:43
kirklandmathiaz: well, i'd like to actually submit that to the "man" package once the backend repo is up on it's permanent ubuntu.com home16:44
kirklandmathiaz: it's only about 20 lines that does a wget and pipes to man16:44
kirklandmathiaz: just a shell wrapper16:44
mathiazkirkland: sure16:44
MootBotLINK received:  http://ubuntu.dustinkirkland.com/dman16:44
kirklandmathiaz: it's temporarily housed in the same LP project as the repository code16:44
mathiazkirkland: seems great to me16:45
mathiazlet's move on16:45
kirklandmathiaz: I'm going to send it to cjwatson eventually16:45
mathiaz[TOPIC] Call for user experiences on WBEM/CIM Servers16:45
MootBotNew Topic:  Call for user experiences on WBEM/CIM Servers16:45
mathiazKoon: ^ ?16:45
KoonI've been investigating possibilities we have for integrating a WBEM/CIM server in Ubuntu server16:45
KoonI was wondering if anyone in the team had any experience with that he would like to share16:46
Koonthe possibilities are : OpenWBEM, SBLIM, OpenPegasus (others ?)16:46
Koonanyone uses them, or has an opinion on them ?16:46
ivoksguess not :)16:47
* sommer hasn't used any16:47
Koonivoks: heh ;)16:48
Koonok, let's move on then :)16:48
* nxvl doesn't even know what they are or do16:48
mathiaz[TOPIC] Intrepid alpha 216:48
MootBotNew Topic:  Intrepid alpha 216:48
mathiazA reminder that we're gearing up for Alpha2 to be released this thursday16:48
ivoksnxvl: something blabla enterprise blabla :D16:48
mathiazthere is a soft freezr in effect as announced by pitti:16:49
nxvlivoks: that's what i thought16:49
mathiazthat means we'll some -server isos to be tested in the next few days16:49
mathiazwe'll *have*16:49
mathiaz#ubuntu-testing and the iso qa tracker are the place to keep track of that16:50
sommerdo the isos work with kvm?16:50
kirklandyeah, the kvm business is really hurting my testing16:50
nxvli always download them on my class of thursday and start testing them16:50
nijabasoren said he would upload a patch to fix that shortly16:50
mathiazsommer: I don't know - I'm not sure :/16:51
nxvlsommer: i always test them using KVM16:51
nxvlsommer: with virt-manaer16:51
mathiazsommer: a new kernel has been uploaded - I was able to boot an intrepid guest16:51
mathiazsommer: but there were tons of oopses16:51
sommermathiaz: oh cool, I checked a while back and wasn't able to boot... will try again :)16:52
mathiazsommer: yes - 2.4.26-2 wasn't working at all16:52
mathiazsommer: 2.6.26-3 should work16:52
nxvli have some intrepid guest generated by u-vm-builder without problems16:52
nxvlu just needed to create them as a hardy and then upgrade16:53
nealmcbKoon: if you have a version of your request for wbem/cim info that is a bit more expanded and in context I'd be happy to forward it to folks that should know....16:53
Koonnealmcb: great, will send that to you16:53
mathiaz[TOPIC] Open Discussion16:53
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion16:53
mathiazanything else to add ?16:53
sommerI was wondering if we could get a serverguide factiod?16:54
sommerat least that's a url I copy and paste a lot :)16:54
mathiaznealmcb: ^^ could you take care of that ?16:54
nxvlyes please!16:54
mathiaznxvl: you wanted to add something ?16:55
nxvlAugeas is about to reach the archive16:56
nxvli have already worked on a list of suggested/needed services16:56
nxvland i have already get some lenses16:56
nxvli talked to raphink earlier today and he said he has some and he will mail them to me16:56
nxvlthis is the list16:57
nxvlif you have some suggestions on it, or want to add/remove something16:57
nxvli will be really grateful16:57
nxvl(if you want to write some lenses better)16:57
nxvli also wrote a call for lensers16:57
nxvlbut i thing i do it on a bad time (sunday)16:58
ubottumathiaz: Schedule for Etc/UTC: Current meeting: Server Team | 09 Jul 17:00: QA Team | 09 Jul 22:00: Platform Team | 10 Jul 13:00: Desktop Team | 10 Jul 16:00: Ubuntu Mobile | 11 Jul 12:00: MOTU16:58
nxvlmathiaz: so if you make echo on the ubuntu server blog it would be really cool16:58
nxvloriginal post can be found here: http://nvalcarcel.aureal.com.pe/?p=19916:59
mathiaznxvl: I'll write something up - it will be in the minutes anyway :)16:59
mathiazanything else to add ?16:59
nxvlnot from me16:59
nxvlthat's all i wanted to add16:59
mathiaz[TOPIC] Agree on next meeting date and time17:00
MootBotNew Topic:  Agree on next meeting date and time17:00
mathiazsame place, same time, next week ?17:00
sommerworks for me17:00
ivoksyes, sound good...17:01
mathiazexcellent than - see you all next week here at the same time17:01
mathiazthanks for coming and happy iso testing !17:02
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:03.17:02
sommerthanks mathiaz, later on all17:02
* nealmcb will talk to sommer about serverguide factoids17:02
nijabaThanks mathiaz17:03
* nealmcb was distracted by a house guest...17:03
ubottudocumentation is to be found at http://help.ubuntu.com and http://wiki.ubuntu.com - General linux documentation: http://www.tldp.org - http://rute.2038bug.com17:05
sommernealmcb: could we get a !serverguide, with a specific link... and maybe linking the development docs?17:06
=== Nafallo_ is now known as Nafallo
nealmcbsommer: I would think so - but it seems like the existing documentation factoid could be enhanced also17:10
nealmcbwiki.ubuntu.com isn't really documentation - and there is much confusion as  a result17:10
sommernealmcb: sounds good to me :)17:11
nealmcbwe can continue the chat in u-s in a bit after I finish something else17:11
sommernealmcb: cool, I'm at lunch as well17:12
=== ubottu changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Calendar: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/event | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/ | 09 Jul 17:00 UTC: QA Team | 09 Jul 22:00 UTC: Platform Team | 10 Jul 13:00 UTC: Desktop Team | 10 Jul 16:00 UTC: Ubuntu Mobile | 11 Jul 12:00 UTC: MOTU | 12 Jul 13:00 UTC: Xubuntu Community
slangasekkirkland: munging pam configs - can we fix that once for all this cycle?18:05
kirklandslangasek: dendrobates has pointed me to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AuthClientConfig for that18:07
slangasekkirkland: which is not what I'm talking about at al18:07
slangasekAuthClientConfig is just not scalable, it only lets you switch between profiles18:07
slangasekwe should probably take this to #-devel, though18:08
kirklandslangasek: agreed, i'm on a call at the moment18:08
=== asac_ is now known as asac

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!