=== mrevell-afk is now known as mrevell
=== mrevell is now known as mrevell-afk
=== mrevell-afk is now known as mrevell
=== salgado-afk is now known as salgado
=== mrevell is now known as mrevell-lunch
=== vednis is now known as mars
=== bac_afk is now known as bac
=== salgado is now known as salgado-lunch
MootBotMeeting started at 09:00. The chair is barry.15:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]15:00
barryhi everybody.  happy new year and welcome to the first ameu reviewer's meeting of 2009.  who's here today?15:00
barrygmb, salgado, and rockstar all send their apologies15:02
barryadeuring: ping15:02
adeuringwhoops, me15:02
barrybigjools, cprov danilos ping15:02
barrymars: ping15:03
bigjoolscprov is out15:03
barrybigjools: cool, thanks15:03
marsthanks barry15:03
barryit's a very light agenda for today...15:04
barry[TOPIC] agenda15:04
MootBotNew Topic:  agenda15:04
barry * Roll call15:04
barry * Peanut gallery (anything not on the agenda)15:04
barry * Action items15:04
barry * Mentoring update15:04
barry[TOPIC] peanut gallery15:05
MootBotNew Topic:  peanut gallery15:05
barryi literally have nothing on the agenda for today, so before i get to action items, let me throw it open to the floor.  do you all have any topics you'd like to discuss?15:05
bigjoolsare we any closer to solving circular imports with the API?15:06
bigjoolsI guess not :)15:06
barrynot from me.  i didn't get a chance to work on that over the break15:06
barryone thing i would like people to start thinking about is how (maybe: if :) we're going to do reviews of contributions when we open source lp15:08
barrywe don't need to solve that now, but as we get closer i'd like to have a strategy for that15:08
barry[TOPIC] action items15:09
MootBotNew Topic:  action items15:09
barry * barry to look into techniques for eliminating back-patching of schema types (avoiding circular imports)15:09
barrynot done15:09
barry * barry to add `pretty()` functions to reviewers docs15:09
barrynot done15:09
barry * flacoste to work on API reviewer cheat sheet15:09
flacostenot done15:09
barry[TOPIC] mentoring update15:10
MootBotNew Topic:  mentoring update15:10
* barry doesn't even remember who we're still mentoring15:10
* al-maisan is mentored by gmb15:11
barryal-maisan, gmb how are things going?15:11
barryof course gmb isn't here, so al-maisan you can rip on him if you want :)15:11
allenapI'm mentoring abel.15:11
allenapHe's brilliant :)15:11
adeuringallenap: uh, thanks !15:11
al-maisanI did reviews on two Mondays and these went reasonably well.15:12
bigjoolsallenap: so you might say he's very abel to do his job15:12
barryhar har15:12
* bigjools is here all week, enjoy the buffet15:12
al-maisanOn some of the days I had a lot of work to do and didn't do any reviews.15:13
al-maisanI guess that somewhat of a general "problem"15:13
barrybigjools: don't forget to tip your bartenders15:13
barryal-maisan: yep, that's the way it goes sometimes15:13
barrybtw, we have some new padders who might make good mentats15:14
allenapbigjools: Oh my. Couldn't you have taken some more holiday?15:14
barryshould we roust up a fresh batch of noobs?15:14
allenapbigjools: Or maybe that would make it worse :)15:14
bigjoolsbarry: I was thinking that we have particularly good community contributions we can turn them into reviewers15:15
bigjoolsallenap: it can get worse? :)15:15
barrybigjools: kind of like for bzr?15:15
bigjoolsdunno how bzr works15:15
* barry should have pinged abentley15:16
bigjoolsand maybe commit access when people have built up trust15:16
barryone thing though: we'll have to be careful about keeping the overall vision reins so things don't get committed that we're not cool with15:17
intellectronicai think best is to first require contributors to arrange a sponsor, and then pick good contributors to get commit access15:17
bigjoolslike I said, they'll need to build trust first15:18
intellectronicawhere a sponsor is someone you talk to before starting to work on something, when you get it to review and when it's time to commit15:19
barrybtw, internally, i think henning, gary and noodles are available for mentoring15:20
barrybut they may need a little more baking (or in noodle's case, boiling)15:21
barrywell.  maybe that's it for today.  i've got nothing. shall we end early?15:22
MootBotMeeting finished at 09:23.15:23
barrythanks everyone!15:23
bigjoolsThunderbirds are go15:23
al-maisanthanks barry !15:23
=== mrevell-lunch is now known as mrevell
=== mrevell is now known as mrevell-afk
=== mrevell-afk is now known as mrevell
=== mrevell is now known as mrevell-afk
=== mrevell-afk is now known as mrevell
=== salgado-lunch is now known as salgado
=== mrevell is now known as mrevell-afk
=== salgado is now known as salgado-afk
=== mrevell-afk is now known as mrevell
=== mrevell is now known as mrevell-afk

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!