=== KatieKitty is now known as Katie-Offline
=== Andre_Gondim is now known as Andre_Gondim-afk
=== Katie-Offline is now known as KatieKitty
=== asac_ is now known as asac
=== KatieKitty is now known as Katie-Offline
=== bizkut_ is now known as bizkut
=== thekorn_ is now known as thekorn
=== Katie-Offline is now known as KatieKitty
=== KatieKitty is now known as Katie-Offline
=== Katie-Offline is now known as KatieKitty
=== KatieKitty is now known as Katie-Offline
=== Katie-Offline is now known as KatieKitty
* robbiew waves15:57
* slangasek waves15:58
* robbiew is tired of wrestling bug 345714 15:58
ubottuError: Could not parse data returned by Launchpad: timed out (https://launchpad.net/bugs/345714/+text)15:58
robbiewwho needs virt terms anyways :P15:59
* mvo is here15:59
MootBotMeeting started at 10:00. The chair is robbiew.16:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:00
* robbiew didn't create an agenda due to wasting too much time debugging bug 34571416:01
ubottuLaunchpad bug 345714 in linux "[iGM45] X exits when switching ttys on 2.6.3 unless NoAccel used" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/34571416:01
robbiew[TOPIC] Meeting time16:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Meeting time16:02
robbiewTheMuso proposes that we take advantage of the DST madness and move the meeting time16:02
robbiewcuriously...TheMuso is not here :P16:02
robbiewwe could perhaps move it later...but then I think we would hit the QA timeslot16:04
robbiewsince no one seems to care...I'll talk it over with TheMuso and make a decision16:05
robbiew[TOPIC] Beta Bugs!!!!16:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Beta Bugs!!!!16:05
Keybukrobbiew: I'd appreciate it if it wasn't too much later16:05
cjwatsonmuch later is difficult for me on Wednesday, although one hour later is fine16:05
mvorobbiew: please make it not too late16:05
cjwatsonI can do later but it would have to be other days16:05
Keybukanything after 6pm london time is ... maritally difficult ? :)16:06
robbiewwell...I suspect 2am is much more difficult...which is where it will be for TheMuso16:06
Keybukdoesn't the whole thing get better for him with this DST shift?16:07
Keybukwe go +1, they go -116:07
cjwatsondepends whether he's getting up late or early16:08
Keybuklater just increasingly more am for him - so it'd need to be earlier?16:08
robbiewhe wakes up early for the meeting16:08
robbiewso earlier is not necessarily better ;)16:08
cjwatsonwe've been on this meeting slot for a while, anyway; it wouldn't hurt to rotate16:08
robbiewI suppose we could make it a few hours earlier...but then slangasek feels the pain16:08
cjwatsonI found out about doodle.com recently16:09
slangasek6am, 8am, it's all pain16:09
cjwatsonlets you hold a poll about comfortable event times and then see the best ones16:09
robbiewcjwatson: cool16:09
robbiewslangasek: heh16:09
cjwatson(the d-i team used this to plan meetings)16:09
robbiewI'll check it out, thnx16:10
robbiewso...anyone wrestling with nasty Beta bugs?16:10
liwI have a bunch of things in computer-janitor :(16:11
Keybukthe udev-inotify bugs seem to be settling down16:11
robbiewliw: mostly complaints about removing Skype16:11
cjwatsonI've been beating on bug 347916 most of the day16:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 347916 in partman-base "Warns user about the fact that the installation medium is mounted" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/34791616:11
Keybukthere's an entertaining one, but nobody has reported it for Ubuntu yet16:11
cjwatsonI'm confused about bug 349725, for much the same reason as slangasek16:12
ubottuLaunchpad bug 349725 in doc-base "8.04->9.04-beta updgrade: Could not install 'base-passwd'" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/34972516:12
robbiewcjwatson: ah...yeah, I ran into that on (347916)16:12
* mvo is wrestling with a random apt-get hang and a update-manager-text crash and killed a bunch of python releated upgrade bugs the other day16:12
slangasekmvo: 349725 ^^ that one needs your input, if you hadn't seen yet16:13
mvoI have seen it, sorry that I have not answered16:13
mvoit bites people on intrepid->jaunty and I want something in update-manager to make sure people do not run into it16:13
cjwatsonwhat more needs to be done with python? I saw several universe python2.6 changes in the sponsorship queue16:13
cjwatsonand Keybuk reported a problem with 2.6 symlinks apparently not being put in place16:14
mvoI'm just not sure yet what the best course of action is (SRU for the fixes and focring them to be installed before the upgrade)16:14
mvoor life patching (the diff is just one line) when the upgrade starts16:14
mvothere is a open issue with a missing python-qt4-dbus link too, but I was not able to reproduce yet16:15
cjwatsonan SRU would scare me less, I think16:15
robbiewthe last comment in bug 349367 seems to indicate we should expect more python 2.6 related bugs16:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 349367 in xorg "Mouse pointer render artifacts (renders incorrectly)" [Undecided,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/34936716:15
robbiewbug 34946716:16
ubottuLaunchpad bug 349467 in python2.6 "Many python programs fail with: "undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_DecodeUTF8"" [Critical,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/34946716:16
mvowe should also probably change python-central to actuallly fail to build if a python package  has synatax errors, currently it builds but then fails on the users install16:16
Keybukcjwatson: you'll like the latest udev one - it's not about partitioning16:16
Keybukhdparm opens block devices for writing; so hdparm -y (put the drive to sleep) results in a change event16:16
robbiewmvo: +116:16
cjwatsonKeybuk: makes a change16:16
Keybukand udev promptly wakes the drive up to run vol_id on it16:16
cjwatsonrobbiew: I think that's an overreaction TBH, the broken package wasn't in place that long16:17
robbiewcjwatson: ah...Beta Mania16:17
cjwatsonrobbiew: I was thinking more of the 2.5->2.6 upgrade in general16:17
robbiewcjwatson: right16:17
ScottKWe're close to having everything installable with 2.6 ( ~10 left I think)16:18
mvoI ran a big upgrade test today with ~3000 python releated package (main+universe) and it went fine (after some fixes yesterday)16:18
mvobut that does not mean the stuff actually works, python-support warns about 2.6 errors but does not error out16:18
ScottKI hit a couple of modules that were installable, but not working without rebuild.16:19
ScottKFixed those of course, dunno what's left.16:19
cjwatsonScottK: have you seen evidence of other wider upgrade problems in there (like Keybuk's problem where the rtupdate hook didn't seem to be taking effect)?16:19
ScottKcjwatson: The one serious problem I'm aware of is the missing python-qt-dbus symlink that mvo is already looking at.16:20
ScottKThere are just ones that won't work when someone uses them (in my case import foo failed).16:20
mvo(I should say the upgrade test had no package fialure left, the test finished right before the meeting, so I have not had a chance to investigate for problems like the ones Keybuk reported)16:21
liwmvo, in your upgrade tests, do you run into conffile prompts? (from dpkg, ucf, or other)16:22
mvoliw: no, just apport - and that is expected16:22
mvoScottK: I was not yet able to reproduce the qt/dbus issue, but I will keep trying16:24
mvoliw: did python-fstab switch between pycentral and pysupport ever in its lifetime?16:25
mvo(or between intrepid and jaunty?)16:25
liwmvo, not as far as I can remember16:25
ScottKmvo: Thanks.  If nothing else can we add something to update-manager to fix it if we don't get a proper solution?16:25
cjwatsonbug 349467: our check wasn't quite broad enough. I've asked infinity to rerun with more detail16:26
ubottuLaunchpad bug 349467 in python2.6 "Many python programs fail with: "undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_DecodeUTF8"" [Critical,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/34946716:26
mvoScottK: yes, but only as last resort. I'm sure more is affected than just this16:26
liwmvo, bzr seems to support my memory, for once16:26
mvoliw: execllent, thanks16:26
ScottKmvo: Definitely last resort.  Thanks.16:26
robbiew[TOPIC] Good News???16:27
MootBotNew Topic:  Good News???16:27
robbiewI've seen some positive postings/blogs/articles about boot speed16:28
cjwatsonany press reactions to the beta so far? I haven't been keeping watch16:28
robbiewgood job Keybuk16:28
dholbachhttp://www.tuxradar.com/content/ubuntu-rewrite-linux-kernel-using-mono says we get a Mono kernel into Jaunty!16:29
MootBotLINK received:  http://www.tuxradar.com/content/ubuntu-rewrite-linux-kernel-using-mono says we get a Mono kernel into Jaunty!16:29
MootBotLINK received:  http://www.pcworld.com/article/162129/ubuntu_jaunty_beta.html16:29
robbiewdholbach: ha ha...April Fools :/16:30
robbiewok...well I got my own bugs to get back to...plus a million ToDos16:31
MootBotMeeting finished at 10:31.16:31
robbiewthnx all16:31
slangasekthanks :)16:31
mvoKeybuk: joy! I can reproduce the problem you mentioned that stuff for python2.6 is not linked. at least python-fstab, probably more16:32
cjwatsonthat pcworld article is "nothing major wrong, nothing exciting"16:32
Keybukmvo: I think it was python-openid and python-tz that I first noticed it with16:32
Keybukit was python-psycopg216:32
robbiewcjwatson: yeah16:32
robbiewcjwatson: though some of the comments are interesting16:33
cjwatsonKeybuk: I see that that review mentions e4defrag - do you share my opinion that we should steer clear until it's part of an e2fsprogs release?16:33
Keybukcjwatson: definitely16:33
Keybukext4 is not yet stable enough to be rearranged at a whim16:34
cjwatsonyeah, that's what I thought16:34
cjwatsonthe only real meat in the comments is the lack of libdvdcss, which isn't something we can do much about16:35
mvoKeybuk: did you file a bug already? if not I will do that just to keep track of the issue16:35
cjwatsonalso gradual improvement in driver detection and the like16:35
Keybukmvo: no, I wasn't sure whether I was just hallucinating16:35
Keybukor whether it had been reported yet16:35
dholbachare any teams having a meeting in 15m?16:47
bdmurraymaybe foundations?16:48
dholbachno, that was before already16:49
dholbachok... in that case, the room belongs to us for a bit :)16:49
bdmurrayokay then it should be clear the qa team is in 1:1516:49
MootBotMeeting started at 10:49. The chair is dholbach.16:49
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:49
dholbachwe're here for an impromptu MOTU Council meeting because of some misscheduling we had with the last one16:49
dholbachwho do we have here?16:49
dholbachjpds, nixternal, geser?16:50
* geser is here16:50
dholbach[TOPIC] Brian Murray's MOTU application16:50
MootBotNew Topic:  Brian Murray's MOTU application16:50
dholbachbdmurray: how are you doing? :)16:50
nixternalyo yo16:51
bdmurraydholbach: Great, thanks!16:51
dholbachbdmurray: You work with lots and lots of good QA and Bug Squad people every day - do you think it'd be possible to have a greater overlap between the MOTU and the QA team?16:52
dholbachhey nhandler :)16:52
bdmurraydholbach: Certainly, one thing I'd like to work on and having been working on is improving the patch workflow i.e. properly identifying patches and getting them sponsored.16:52
dholbachbdmurray: or to ask differently: do you think there's anything that's too complicated at the moment for people to go from "bug triage" to "bug fix"?16:53
bdmurraydholbach: I get the feeling that some of the MOTU documentation is focussed on creating new packages when I think its more desirable to have people improving the packages we already have.16:53
dholbachbdmurray: some of the MOTU or PackagingGuide documentation certainly has that focus16:54
nhandlerbdmurray: I was looking through the different -changes mailing lists, and most of your uploads were for python-launchpad-bugs and bughelper. If you were to become a MOTU, would you still be sticking to mainly these 2 packages, or would you try to branch out a little?16:54
* ScottK says +1 for improving packages.16:55
* dholbach saw a bunch of Brian Murray uploads in the last 3-4 months16:55
bdmurraynhandler: I've also done some work with apt-cacher and firefox-launchpad-plugin both of which I'd like to keep an eye on.  Additionally, since I created the ubuntu-qa-tools project I'll be keeping an eye on its package too.16:55
bdmurraynhandler: So yes, I'd like to branch out.16:56
geserbdmurray: have you done any merges or sync till now? after a look at your uploads I could only find inclusions of patches16:57
bdmurraygeser: I did an update of makeztxt during Jaunty's cycle16:58
dholbachI think I remember a few patches that you sent to Debian too, right?16:59
bdmurrayYes in bug 331535, I forwarded the patch upstream and it became a sync request.17:00
ubottuLaunchpad bug 331535 in iperf "sync request - iperf fails to die when bind fails" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/33153517:00
geserbdmurray: what about merging ubuntu changes with a new revision from Debian?17:00
bdmurrayAdditionally, in bug 313260 I forwarded the patch to Debian and updated the Ubuntu package.17:00
ubottuLaunchpad bug 313260 in imdb-tools "imdb-get doesn't work at all" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/31326017:00
nhandlerI am sorry, but I have to leave early for personal reasons.17:01
bdmurraygeser: No, I haven't done much of that.17:01
* nhandler leaves17:01
dholbachnhandler: take care17:01
nixternalsorry, had a phone call17:01
* nixternal catches up quickly17:01
dholbachjpds: are there any questions that you have?17:01
jpdsIt looks good to me.17:02
=== tuxlinux_ is now known as tuxlinux
dholbachbdmurray: I'd be really interested to start working with you on the "you triaged bugs, OK, start fixing them" part of things.... is there anything from your personal experience that you found more difficult than it should have been?17:03
dholbachnixternal: any questions from you?17:05
bdmurraydholbach: When you look at a bug report about a piece of software you aren't familiar with I think it takes a bit too much effort to determine what the primary programming language and the patch system for that package are.17:05
bdmurrayIf a new contributor is familiar with python how can they find packages in universe to look at?17:05
geserbdmurray: as you haven't done a merge with Debian till now: how will you handle your first merges when you are a MOTU?17:05
nixternaldholbach: doing some research, 1 minute :)17:06
ScottKbdmurray: The answer to that one is look for packages subscribed to the pythonistas team.17:06
bdmurraygeser: I'll follow the documenation, ask for help if I get stuck and ask for someone to review it before I actually perform it.17:06
bdmurrayScottK: That is fairly obscure.17:07
ScottKbdmurray: Extremely.17:07
dholbachto me it smells like we need some better kind of "fix bugs" portal :)17:08
dholbachnixternal, geser, jpds: do you have any more questions?17:09
* dholbach is all set17:09
geserno questions left17:09
nixternalgood to go17:09
dholbach[VOTE] Shall Brian Murray become MOTU?17:10
MootBotPlease vote on:  Shall Brian Murray become MOTU?.17:10
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot17:10
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting17:10
MootBot+1 received from dholbach. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 117:10
MootBot+1 received from jpds. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 217:10
MootBot+1 received from geser. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 317:10
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 417:10
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 417:11
dholbachcongratulations bdmurray!17:11
nixternalcongrats bdmurray and welcome :)17:11
jpdsCongrats bdmurray!17:11
bdmurrayThanks everyone!17:11
nixternalword to the wise, do not do:  grep '\[\ \ bdmurray\]' \#ubuntu*.log17:11
dholbachjpds, nixternal, geser: anyone of you who'd like to do the honours? if not, I'll do it in a bit17:11
ograbdmurray, SAVE THE UNIVERSE !!!17:11
ogra(and congrats :) )17:12
* nixternal points at jpds to do the honours17:12
nixternallet him get his feet wet with this one :D17:12
jpdsI'll do it.17:12
dholbachjpds: thanks a bunch!17:13
dholbach[TOPIC] Any other business?17:13
MootBotNew Topic:  Any other business?17:13
dholbach...probably not17:14
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:14.17:14
dholbachThanks a lot everybody!17:14
=== Broken|Arrow_ is now known as Broken|Arrow
=== nxvl_ is now known as nxvl
arahey hey17:59
pedro_hello everybody17:59
henohey all!17:59
* fader_ waves.18:00
henojtholmes: did you want to add an item to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Meetings ?18:00
jtholmesyes do i have edit permissions18:01
henoschwuk, ogasawara: qa meeting ping18:02
ogasawaraI'm here18:02
henook, let's go!18:02
MootBotMeeting started at 12:02. The chair is heno.18:02
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]18:02
henolots of agenda items: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Meetings18:02
heno[TOPIC] UbuntuBugDay highlights -- pedro18:03
MootBotNew Topic:  UbuntuBugDay highlights -- pedro18:03
pedro_bdmurray: congratulations on becoming a MOTU!18:03
bdmurraypedro_: You are jumping ahead!  Thanks though.18:03
jtholmesheno item  more structure to kde desktop testing18:03
henocongrats bdmurray!!18:03
* heno crosses out item 3 :)18:03
aracongrats bdmurray!18:04
pedro_Ok we didn't had a hug day the past week18:04
pedro_but we're going to have a Xorg based one Tomorrow18:04
pedro_it's going to be based specifically on xorg-server and xserver-xorg-video-intel18:05
pedro_bryce did an amazing job helping us to get the hug day page on a good shape18:05
henopedro_: and I understand you've talked to the desktop folks18:06
bdmurraypedro_: I noticed that bryce removed New bugs from the bug day.  That's a really interesting process of his.18:06
pedro_and as you can see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay/20090402 there's already people working on it18:06
pedro_heno: yeps, as we discussed on previous meetings , we're going to start adding the hug days as an agenda items for the teams18:06
sbeattiebdmurray: any idea what the reasoning for him doing that?18:06
henopedro_: great18:07
mnemoif bryce is planning to merge mesa 7.4, then it would be nice to have that done before the testday begins18:07
bdmurraysbeattie: not specifically, I think he checks for attachments and if they don't exist then asks for them.18:07
araI would like to add that bryce also sent announcements to several mailing list, it is great to see how he got involved18:07
bdmurrayIt'd be interesting to talk to him about it and find out how well it works.18:07
bdmurrayI imagine there are some errors but I wonder if the rate is acceptable and if it might work for the kernel.18:08
henomnemo: it's a bug triage day, not really a testing day18:08
henook, moving on18:09
heno[TOPIC] New bug control members! -- bdmurray18:09
MootBotNew Topic:  New bug control members! -- bdmurray18:09
bdmurrayNo new members this week but we have a couple of applications pending.18:10
henook, are those waiting for bugs lists etc to be submitted?18:10
bdmurrayheno: No, they are in the 1 week review period.18:10
heno[TOPIC] Next Testing day topic & highlights from last UTD -- ara|sbeattie18:11
MootBotNew Topic:  Next Testing day topic & highlights from last UTD -- ara|sbeattie18:11
araThere was not much movement on the latest testing day18:11
aradavmor2 not being there was noticed :D18:12
davmor2sorry wifi was dead on the site :)18:12
arathere were people coming around asking for the testing day, but in the end they didn't do much18:13
arahow can we promote more activity on testing days?18:13
araI see that people are interested, but maybe our way to run them is innerly wrong18:13
henoI guess it's better when we have proper test plans18:14
henothis was more of a test improv jam18:14
sbeattiehrm, maybe a suspend-resume testing day, where we have an explicit test, but need a wide variety of people/hardware?18:14
sbeattieor other hardware related testing, again where we can start with recipes?18:15
davmor2hmm nice18:15
henogood one, that's easy for people to do18:15
henoogasawara: do we have a good flow of reports from suspend testing already?18:15
ogasawaraheno: yes, too many18:16
henoat what point running up to release to they stop being useful18:16
ogasawaraheno:  at the point where we/kernel team can't keep up with them18:16
bdmurrayIsn't kernel freeze tomorrow?18:16
sbeattieheno: again, audio might make an interesting test day, particularly if we can come up with recipes/sample audio situations that should work.18:16
henoogasawara: too many detailed reports or too many false reports/noise?18:16
sbeattiebdmurray: the apr 9th, unless google calender is lying to me again.18:17
ogasawaraheno: most are people sending in reports because apport asked18:17
ogasawaraheno: so I've been trying to stock reply a lot of them18:17
henohttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/JauntyReleaseSchedule says 9th18:17
ogasawaraheno: I've also been chatting with pete about triaging in general18:18
bdmurrayOkay, that's still soon though!18:18
sbeattiebdmurray: agreed!18:18
ogasawaraheno: and how the kernel team can help18:18
henoogasawara: so that's more about people triggering thr apport hook rather than running the full test18:18
henobdmurray: agree - very soon in this context18:19
ogasawaraheno: yes, it's not obvious if it was triggered as a direct result of running the tst18:19
henoogasawara: ok, great. let's pick up that conversation on our next call18:20
henoso ...18:20
henoaudio is a candidate - also server testing18:20
henothe server team have been quite keen to get additional test coverage18:20
henoI thought we could have one about extending automated test coverage on server18:21
henostarting with the security team tests18:21
cr3heno: I already have a head start on that one, but more help would definatly be appreciated18:21
cr3I mostly have server team tests though, so there's probably little overlap with security team tests18:22
sbeattiecr3: very little18:22
henocr3: can you share your work so far?18:22
henois it in LP?18:22
cr3heno: nope, only local18:23
henoif we can bring server, security and checkbox folks together we might make some progress18:23
sbeattiekees from the security team was receptive to this when I talked to him yesterday about it.18:23
henocr3: would it make sense to add the security collection to the same package?18:24
henounfortunately their meeting day is Tuesday18:24
henoWe only have one testing day before release ...18:25
cr3heno: there might be considerations for doing that18:25
henothe weeks after are both smoke testing days18:25
cr3heno: if the security team tests are overwhelmingly big, for example, I'd think about having them in a package twice18:26
cr3heno: furthermore, I think that security team integration should be done through bzr rather than included in the package18:26
henomy hunch is to do audio next Monday and work on the server automation stuff separately18:26
arawhat kind of testing would you do on audio'18:27
araheno: ^18:27
cr3heno: the motivation is that security concerns are timely, so they need to be able to run tests immediately from their branch instead of having to wait for a package to get deployed18:27
cr3sbeattie: ^^^ sounds good to you?18:27
arabtw, are you guys hit by the PA crakling noise bug?18:27
sbeattiecr3: yes.18:28
henothere are a series of tests here http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/Hardware for audio18:28
davmor2ara: seemed to of cleared up after todays updates18:28
henoalso, popular VoIP software18:28
araheno: hehehe18:29
eeejayand orca, perhaps?18:29
henoeeejay: that's still not playing nice with pulse right?18:29
henoeeejay: could you add a basic Orca case to http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com ?18:29
eeejayheno: nope, and in jaunty i noticed that PA is respawned once it is killed, so i didn't manage to get functioning orca18:30
eeejayheno: will do18:30
henohm, so people just uninstall it?18:30
henoit did work for me in my ISO smoke testing18:30
henobut admitedly that was shallow18:31
henoany other strong views on the testing day tpic?18:31
eeejayheno, after a few tabs it stops speaking for me18:31
henohm, ok18:31
henoara: it's your call :)18:32
araheno: sorry?18:33
henoara: as the driver for testing days I think you should make the final decision on the next topic18:34
araheno: I think I would vote for audio, indeed18:34
henook, settled18:35
heno[TOPIC] Call for UDS topics -- heno18:35
MootBotNew Topic:  Call for UDS topics -- heno18:35
henoIt's time to start thinking about UDS topics!18:35
aratopic: audio! triaging bugs, reporting better audio bugs, scaling them, etc, etc, etc, :-)18:35
henoPlease add suggestions to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/UDSKarmic18:35
henogood one18:36
bdmurrayAn apport hook for audio bugs would be good18:36
arabdmurray: indeed18:36
bdmurrayExcept they are currently mixed in the linux package18:36
davmor2bdmurray: +118:36
henowe should make a burn down chart for apport hook coverage18:37
bdmurrayperhaps if we sent them back to alsa-driver then we could have a hook for that package18:37
bdmurrayogasawara: maybe you could bring that up at your sprint?18:37
arabdmurray: I suggested pitti to give away t-shirts reading "I report my bugs using apport"18:37
bdmurrayara: hahah18:37
henowhat is a realistic first goal? apport hooks for all main packages?18:37
sbeattiemain is a lot; installed by default might be a better goal.18:38
bdmurraysbeattie and I talked about this before and we should look at the packages with the greatest volume of bugs first and move down that list18:38
henomakes sense18:38
henogood UDS topic18:38
heno[TOPIC] Bugs since sometime -- bdmurray18:38
MootBotNew Topic:  Bugs since sometime -- bdmurray18:38
bdmurrayJust in case you haven't heard I've made a bugs since Beta report18:39
MootBotLINK received:  http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/bugnumbers/bugs-since-2009-03-26.html18:39
henoalready populated with bugs :)18:40
henofrom the New and Confirmed state AFAIK - why confirmed and not Incomplete?18:41
davmor2bdmurray: a couple then18:41
bdmurray"using the theories that the bug is missing information if it is Incomplete and somebody who knows what they are doing looked at it if it is Triaged."18:41
bdmurraySo bugcontrol can work on moving the Confirmed ones to Triaged and targetting for the release if necessary18:42
henoas explained here http://www.murraytwins.com/blog/?p=40 :)18:42
henook, great18:43
davmor2found a dupe already :)18:43
heno[TOPIC] Patch flagging tools -- bdmurray18:43
MootBotNew Topic:  Patch flagging tools -- bdmurray18:43
henosee http://www.murraytwins.com/blog/?p=4118:44
bdmurrayAs a part of the patch workflow process it helps to make sure attachments are properly flagged as patches and that patches really are patches and not something else.18:44
bdmurrayI've thrown a couple of tools to make this easier in ubuntu-qa-tools.18:44
=== mikrox is now known as mikro
bdmurrayThey make it a one step process to (un)flag the attachment and add a comment about the what you did and the importance of flagging them properly.18:45
pedro_nice, and we're running a bugs with patches hug day next week ;-)18:46
henobdmurray: these are command line tools accepting bug# as an argument, right?18:46
pedro_we can ask people to test those tools there18:46
bdmurrayright something like check-patch-comment.py 35577818:47
henojtholmes: did you have a topic?18:48
jtholmesyes i was wondering about structured test plans and if there are any18:48
jtholmesi saw the link above but have not had time to check18:48
jtholmesspecific numbered test plans work the best18:49
henojtholmes: davmor2  can probably fill you in on the state of test plans for Kubuntu AFAIR that was your focus)18:50
davmor2jtholmes: what like these http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/Applications18:50
jtholmesyes that was my intended focus18:50
davmor2not written yet but will have a scheme similar to the above18:51
henolet's leave that for next week then, after you've charted what we currently have18:51
jtholmesdavmor2 yes something like that now that i know where some are i will look them over18:51
henoAny other topics?18:51
jtholmessure good18:51
fader_I just wanted to bring up one quick thing18:51
fader_I have a "sanity checking" script I've started on to help with iso testing to determine if the install worked from a first-blush analysis18:52
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.ubuntu.com/~fader/sanity.sh18:52
fader_If anyone has any ideas to add to this or improve it let me know... I'll try to get it cleaned up and in a state where we can use it in iso testing18:52
henofader_: looks good, thanks18:53
arafader_: what does the script do?18:53
henowe'll make sure to use it for RC testing18:54
fader_ara: at the moment it does some very simple checks to see if the most important directories and files exist and have the right permissions18:54
fader_(think /bin, /etc/passwd, etc.)18:54
fader_And checks a few things like making sure there's a network device detected, a working package manager (dpkg)18:54
bdmurrayfader_: there was a bug at the end of the last release cycle with permissions that'd be good to add too18:54
fader_bdmurray: Excellent, if you can point me at where to find that I'll add it18:55
henoright, that was the inspiration for this18:55
fader_bdmurray: (or give me a bit of context and I'll find it in LP)18:55
sbeattiefader_: yeah, the security has something vaguely similar now, but there's elements that can be merged18:55
davmor2fader_: good call after last release with the slight hiccup in permissions18:55
cr3fader_: it would be nice if you could contain each test in its own standalone script, so that you can run them individually18:55
fader_The idea is just to make sure we have the absolute basics of a working Linux system installed :)18:55
cr3fader_: if you did that, your tests could be integrated into other suites like checkbox, shunit, etc.18:55
fader_cr3: I can break it out like that but I'm leery of making it too unwieldy -- I'd like to have something we can ask people to run and just get a quick error count (of 0 we hope) after an install18:56
fader_Though heno and I discussed getting it into checkbox and asking people to run that instead18:56
bdmurrayfader_: also if you could add a check for bug 274069 that'd be great too18:56
ubottuLaunchpad bug 274069 in dhcp3 "error send_packet:message too long" [Low,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/27406918:56
cr3fader_: keep the separate in your project, use a Makefile to concatenate them together18:56
arafader_: the bug about the permissions: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/29079818:56
ubottuUbuntu bug 290798 in ubiquity "Permissions on /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.27-7-generic are -rw-rw-rw after installation" [Critical,Fix released]18:56
bdmurraybasically MTU greater than 576 I think18:56
fader_cr3: sounds good, I'll work with you to figure out how to get it into CB properly18:57
fader_bdmurray, ara: thanks, I'll look at those bugs and see what I can add18:57
cr3fader_: whether it be eventually integrated or not is one thing, I'm only expressing concern to make it "integratable"18:57
fader_Anyone else that has suggestions please drop me a line :)18:57
henoall sounds good!18:57
heno3 min left, AOB?18:57
henothanks everyone!18:58
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:58.18:58
eeejaycheers :)18:58
=== fader_ is now known as fader|lunch
=== Nicke_ is now known as Nicke
=== fader|lunch is now known as fader_

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!