cprofittJanC, popey you guys here?04:12
=== rgreening_ is now known as rgreening
=== ShadowChild is now known as lukjad007
=== ember_ is now known as ember
=== ejat is now known as e-jat
=== asac_ is now known as asac
=== ogra_ is now known as ogra
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
* slangasek waves15:59
* apw listens in16:00
* lool waves16:00
cr3hi folks16:02
* pgraner waves16:02
cjwatsonslangasek: are you chairing or is it rotating?16:03
slangasekdavidm, Riddell, sbeattie, Hobbsee, ScottK: there?16:03
ScottKslangasek: Here16:04
slangasekcjwatson: I was planning to16:04
MootBotMeeting started at 10:04. The chair is slangasek.16:04
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:04
davidmslangasek, here16:04
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2009-06-1916:04
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2009-06-1916:04
slangasekhi, folks16:05
slangasekas mentioned in the email, the main topic today is to gather up our feature definitions for karmic16:05
slangasekttx has asked to go first due to time constraints16:06
slangasek[TOPIC] Server team16:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Server team16:06
ttxNot much progress since last week. All specs were filed, but we have too much of them...16:06
ttxso we are in the process of prioritizing them16:07
slangasekttx: when can we expect that work to be done?16:07
ttxslangasek: I hope on Monday.16:07
ttxslangasek: it's more on dendrobates hands right now16:07
ttxThere is some organizational change under way in the team but it's not complete yet.16:07
slangasekis there a partial list of known confirmed specs that we should look at?16:08
mdzdendrobates: ?16:08
ttxI don't think any of them was formally approved yet.16:09
ttxserver-karmic-eucalyptus-in-main and server-karmic-cloud-power-management are the only two already known to be Essential16:09
ttxslangasek: What exactly do you need to discuss by FeatureDefinitionFreeze ?16:10
ttxsladen: new packages ? MIRs ?16:10
slangasekknown essential specs> noted, thanks16:11
ttxThe spec with most impact as far as new packages is concerned is probably server-karmic-euca-javadeps-refactoring16:11
slangasekttx: IMHO it should cover any specs for features being added in karmic16:11
ttxslangasek: that means most of ours. You want to discuss all of them quickly ? Or it doesn't make sense until they are prioritized ?16:12
slangaseklet's not spend time on them right now if we don't know which ones are actually planned to be worked on this cycle16:13
slangasekis server-karmic-euca-javadeps-refactoring a prereq for server-karmic-eucalyptus-in-main?16:13
ttxslangasek: not exactly. It makes an easier MIR process to have the package refactored before it's moved to main.16:14
ttxslangasek: rather than moving a giant trashcan to main.16:14
slangasekyes - even if it's not a prereq, please don't defer server-karmic-euca-javadeps-refactoring for too long in the cycle :)16:14
ttxslangasek: I'm on it already :)16:15
cjwatsonwhat milestone is server-karmic-eucalyptus-in-main targeted for?16:15
cjwatsonI have an Essential spec that depends on it, which I've currently targeted for alpha 316:15
cjwatsonwell, I suppose it isn't a hard dependency16:15
ttxcjwatson: we don't even know what Eucalyptus 1.6 dependencies will be yet.16:16
slangasekttx: the only other thing I had on the list for you guys is bug #326768 - still marked as 'in progress', but no movement since last week, is mathiaz still on this?16:16
cjwatsonspecifically I'm referring to foundations-karmic-cloud-setup-in-server-installer16:16
ubottuLaunchpad bug 326768 in mysql-dfsg-5.0 "mysqld_safe thinks mysqld has crashed when it hasn't" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/32676816:16
ttxcjwatson: yes, another related spec is server-karmic-eucalyptus-fit-on-cd16:17
ttxboth are not expected to be completed before we get upstream eucalyptus 1.616:17
ttxI'd say, not before alpha316:18
ttxso if you depend on it I'd advise retargting16:18
cjwatsonwell, I should start on the installer glue anyway16:18
cjwatsonit'll take a while16:18
cjwatsonI'll just not be able to actually deliver something testable by the general public until later - I'll note it in the whiteboard16:19
ttxcjwatson: I expect to complete both during the platform sprint16:19
ttxslangasek: about the mysql bug, mathiaz is still on it, no progress since last week. I'll make sure he updates the bug16:20
ttxwe've been busy with blueprint finalization this week :)16:20
slangasekI don't mean to imply he needs to update the bug if there's been no progress - I'd rather he spend his available time working on it16:20
slangasekttx: anything else to discuss?16:21
ttxslangasek: nothing from our side. I hope everything will be much clearer next week.16:21
slangasek[TOPIC] QA team16:21
MootBotNew Topic:  QA team16:21
slangasekheno, fader, sbeattie: hi16:22
henoOur roadmap is all ready: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/RoadMap Specs are written, approved and prioritised.16:22
henoIt's mostly bug management, test coverage and infrastructure; not much that will land in the distro - just some Checkbox enhancements16:22
henokarmic-qa-increase-apport-adoption, karmic-qa-checkbox-expand-test-coverage, karmic-qa-cert-install-from-live-cd-images and karmic-qa-metrics-based-testing are Essential16:22
slangasekttx: sounds good, thanks16:22
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/RoadMap16:22
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/RoadMap16:22
mdzheno: well done16:23
slangasekheno: thanks. :)  Which are the ones that will land in the distro?  I notice two 'checkbox' specs under 'Infrastructure', plus 'Increase Apport Coverage' which probably counts16:24
henothanks :) we did some heavy-handed prioritisation early on, before most of the drafting16:24
faderslangasek: Of the checkbox ones, I think only karmic-qa-checkbox-expand-test-coverage will land in the distro16:24
faderIt will add new tests to checkbox16:24
henoslangasek: right, some checkbox tweaks and lots of aport hooks16:24
faderThe other one is for internal testing of the live CD which is specific to the testing environment16:25
slangaseksounds reasonable then16:25
slangasekdo you guys have any concerns about these being delivered before feature freeze?16:25
henoslangasek: ATM, no :)16:26
henocr3 can give an update on live cd testing16:26
slangasekanything to discuss regarding hardware testing this week?16:26
cr3slangasek: live cd tests should start trickling in on Monday16:26
faderNothing particularly new.  As normal, status is here: http://people.ubuntu.com/~fader/hw-testing/current.html16:27
faderAs cr3 says we should start getting live cd tests soon, which is a Good Thing16:27
heno('til now we've only tested alternates)16:27
faderWe don't have recent test results as there doesn't appear to have been a recent alternate cd image to test16:27
slangasekfader: I think your hwtest-breaking network kernel bug is still 'fix committed', right?16:27
cr3live cd changes are in and just pending review, so we're in good shape16:27
slangasekyes, that's apparently my fault16:27
faderslangasek: Correct, but we haven't had an image to test with yet16:27
slangasek(and cjwatson fixed it this morning)16:27
faderSo once we get one and test it I will update the bug16:27
slangasekfader: you've lost me - if it's 'fix committed', that implies it's in the git repo pending upload to karmic16:28
slangasekare you saying there's doubt about the correctness of the fix?16:28
cjwatsonfader: if it's worth a quick build before the end of your week, we can do one any time from about half an hour from now onward16:29
faderslangasek: Ah, sorry, was thinking 'fix released'16:29
fadercjwatson: It would be nice to have but to be honest it will be easier to test next week once the live cd testing lands16:29
faderSo if we wait until Monday or Tuesday that is fine... we'll be testing a lot of images then anyway16:29
henoslangasek: that's all from QA16:30
slangasekack, thanks16:30
slangasek[TOPIC] Desktop team16:30
MootBotNew Topic:  Desktop team16:30
loolUps, not me yet :)16:30
pitti1spec definition is by and large in good shape: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+specs?searchtext=desktop-karmic-16:30
pittithe ones that are in drafting have been reviewed by me at least once and are just needing some clarifications16:30
pittithe main ones that are still missing are the DX changes, we have contacted them to get them ready16:31
pittibut https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus should be pretty accurate now in terms of what we'll do16:31
pittiin Karmic16:31
slangasek[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+specs?searchtext=desktop-karmic-16:31
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+specs?searchtext=desktop-karmic-16:31
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:32
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:32
pittioops, ignore the "(specs in drafting, so don't take for granted yet):" from the wiki page16:32
pitti[removed now]16:32
slangaseklooks good16:32
pittiwrt. your next question,16:33
pittican't say yet whether _all_ of this will land in karmic by FF16:33
slangasekI'll have to spend some time fully absorbing that list later, and will get back to you with any concerns about individual specs16:33
pittiwe were very aggressive wrt. feature goals this time, so it's likely that some low prio items won't make it16:33
pittimostly because we'd rather break stuff now than in lazy lobster16:33
slangasekpresumably those low-prio ones can get cut if they miss FF, being low-prio?16:34
pittimy goal is to have as few structural changes as possible in LL16:34
pittiessential/high -> must have16:34
pittimedium -> not the end of the world, but someone would get angry16:34
pittilow -> target of opportunity16:34
pittithat's roughly how we use them16:34
* slangasek nods16:34
slangasekand I see the bug status report is up-to-date there as well, ok16:35
slangasekanything you want to highlight/discuss further?16:35
pittithere hasn't been much progress on that this week unfortunately16:35
pittiwe were mostly busy with blueprints16:35
pittinot from my side right now16:36
slangasekI continue to be concerned about bug #339313 in particular; I know the focus has been on spec writing, but this bug has been something of a debacle and I'd like to be able to see it fixed soon in the cycle16:37
ubottuLaunchpad bug 339313 in ubuntu-release-notes "Kubuntu Jaunty: Cannot Connect To Wireless Network with WEP shared key" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/33931316:37
pittiright, me too16:37
pittiwe'll probably also SRU this16:37
pittiit can't get much worse in Karmic, so I was told16:37
pittis/Karmic/Jaunty/, sorry16:37
ScottKIsn't that the NM update we have in -proposed already?16:38
slangasekis it?  nothing indicates that on the bug16:38
ScottKIt may be a different issue.16:38
Riddellyes it is16:38
pittihm, then the changelog doesn't mention this bug16:38
slangasekmm, quite16:38
slangasekwhich means it's hard to track for SRU verification16:38
Riddellwe should copy over the new version to -updates, it fixes it for some users and can't get any worse16:39
pittihm, whoever processed that didn't update the bug very well16:39
pittiok, let's sort this out out-of-band16:39
rickspencer3I suppose we should see an update on this next week? with details about how it's been sorted?16:40
slangasek[ACTION] slangasek, pitti, Riddell, ScottK to sort out bug #339313 status16:40
MootBotACTION received:  slangasek, pitti, Riddell, ScottK to sort out bug #339313 status16:40
ubottuLaunchpad bug 339313 in ubuntu-release-notes "Kubuntu Jaunty: Cannot Connect To Wireless Network with WEP shared key" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/33931316:40
slangasekrickspencer3: yes16:40
slangasekok, shuffling the order here again; ScottK also has a schedule conflict and asked to be bumped up16:41
slangasek[TOPIC] MOTU16:41
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU16:41
slangasekScottK: hi16:42
ScottKStill sorting out Python 2.6 stuff.16:42
ScottKNothing earthshattering there, but the pain isn't over.16:42
* slangasek nods16:42
slangasek(hmm, still need python2.5 dropped from python-defaults)16:42
ScottKMostly merges and new package processing on REVU for now.16:43
ScottKThere's also one or two Kubuntu related specs worth mentioning here.16:43
ScottKSpecs are mostly sorted, but the Kubuntu - Ayatana one is getting approved a bit late because it's complex.16:44
ScottKhttps://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu?searchtext=kubuntu+karmic is a decent list.16:44
RiddellI'll look at that later today16:44
ScottKhttps://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kubuntu-karmic-netbook-edition will have some release management implications, but as it's meant to be mostly tech preview/proof of concept, I don't see it as a major issue.16:45
ScottKThat's all I have.16:45
rickspencer3ScottK: Riddell: would it be worth dropping a link to the Kubuntu TODO list?16:45
ScottKrickspencer3: Probably, if someone had it handy16:45
Riddellnow burndown chat  compatible I believe16:46
rickspencer3thanks to pitti and Riddell16:46
ScottKThe good news is it looks like KDE4 integration for OOo is almost done and starting to land upstream (Go OOo)16:46
ScottKThat took some serious heavy lifting and will benifit every KDE distro.16:47
ScottKThat's all I've got.16:47
slangasekScottK: probably old news to you having been around for a few of these, but please make sure (collectively) that any new netbook-edition images are ready to be tested well in advance of beta16:47
ScottKslangasek: Will do.16:47
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Todo16:47
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Todo16:47
slangasekScottK: ok, thanks16:48
slangasek[TOPIC] Mobile team16:48
MootBotNew Topic:  Mobile team16:48
loolOur specs should be under review or pending approval and are tracked along with high prio bugs at:16:48
slangaseklool, davidm: hi16:48
lool[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Roadmap16:48
lool(I wish we'd have named all specs mobile-karmic-foo like the desktop ones)16:48
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Roadmap16:48
loolEssential specs:16:48
lool- mobile-unr-karmic-seeds: cleanup seeds structure and seeds for UNR16:48
lool- mobile-qa-karmic-arm: Create testplans and testcases for Ubuntu on ARM Edit title and summary..16:48
lool- mobile-unr-karmic-connman: switch UNR to connman16:49
loolHigh priority specs:16:49
lool- mobile-unr-karmic-applications: change in default apps in UNR16:49
lool- mobile-karmic-general-resolution-for-touchscreen-handling: provide tools to calibrate touchscreens16:49
lool- mobile-unr-karmic-application-res: improve support on low res for some apps under UNR16:49
loolAlpha 3 and overall release status:16:49
lool- all specs should be under review or approval (one is already implemented: moving UNR images to ISOs)16:49
lool- ARM images:16:49
lool  - imx51: nothing new for now; Babbage 2 kernel should land for A3 (bjf?  :-) and we got an early U-Boot drop which might supersede RedBoot altogether, so we'll evaluate this option after A3; we lack hardware (only 4 B2 boards available total for now)16:49
lool  - we plan addition of a new architecture, but are waiting for bits from a partner and his permission to publish; we have early (unstable) hardware16:49
lool- ARM toolchain: we're getting late on this, we still want to build karmic with ARMv6 + VFP opts, and IS is currently benchmarking builds within qemu; we will get good ARMv7 buildd hardware, but presumably too late for that to be useful in karmic16:49
lool- UNR: moved from VFAT to ISO format; no large software update, still largely jaunty's stuff; some SRUs still TBD16:49
lool- 385325: I remilestoned this for beta; we continue researching this important bug, but it's not particularly a3-critical16:49
slangasekmobile-unr-karmic-seeds> sounds like a good one to get done early, this time around - what still needs cleaned up?16:49
bjflook, yes, shooting babbage2 for A316:50
slangasekconnman> so we'll have two different UIs to support for network connection management?16:50
bjflool, issue could be when .31 drops and when we try to rebase to that16:50
loolVarious things, and it's in progress already; I don't know all specifics, but I think we discussed using a separate live seed, using a common gtk-desktop seed and this kind of things16:50
bjflool, still working on getting babbage 1 patches into Karmic, that's a struggle right now16:51
loolslangasek: StevenK does this spec and has started various changes already16:51
ttxslangasek: got to go now... ping dendrobates for any server-specific question.16:51
loolslangasek: Yes, apparently we will have to support connman for UNR16:51
slangasekttx: no problem, thank you16:51
loolThis is a request from sabdfl16:51
loolbjf: So the babbage 2 patches drop support for b1?16:52
slangasekhmm; last I heard, connman had no plans to support half the use cases covered by NM16:52
bjflool, no, I need to get babbage 1 in before I start working on babbage 216:53
loolbjf: We don't strongly care about b1 support; if we can have it it's nice, otherwise we can continue running jaunty or just the jaunty redboot+kernel16:53
loolbjf: ok16:53
bjflool, babbage 2 patches are build on-top-of babbage 1 patches, they have to go in first16:53
loolbjf: Ah there's a dependency, ok16:53
bjflool, yes16:54
loolslangasek: During the connman session, upstream explained that connman doesn't attempt to cover everything and tries to be simpler16:54
bjflool, this is a forward port of both the babbage 1 and babbage 2 patches16:54
slangaseklool: right, which sounds like a functionality regression to me :)16:54
loolslangasek: It will miss features, yes16:54
pittiis connman a replacement for the entire nm, or just for n-m-applet?16:55
loolFor all of it16:55
looldavidm: If you have further comments on UNR connman integration, chime in16:56
* ScottK runs off. Enjoy the rest of the meetnig.16:56
davidmPitti as I understand it it's a replacement for the entire nm stack16:56
davidmwe will test with both16:57
davidmso choices can be made as appropriate.16:57
slangasekanyone have anything else for mobile?16:58
loolI think the hot things are images and toolchain16:58
loolBut both will happen post a3, after updates from kernel, partner, and our IS16:59
* slangasek nods16:59
slangasek[TOPIC] Kernel team16:59
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel team16:59
slangaseklool, davidm: thanks16:59
pgranerHey everyone16:59
pgranerWe have created a Release Status page for Karmic:16:59
pgraner[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic16:59
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic16:59
pgranerThis is a Red/Yellow/Green Status with links to the blueprints and specs. Its updated every Tues. in our team IRC meeting. You will also find all the bugs on your agenda on the == Release Meeting Bugs == section.17:00
pgranerOn the same page17:00
pgranerAll Specs are approved, and in some form of implementation17:00
slangasekis the next kernel upload scheduled?  (seeing that half the bugs are 'fix committed')17:01
pgranerThe only one that got deferred was the "Newer Kernels on LTS"17:01
pgranerslangasek: I don't know off hand rtg is scheduling it17:01
rtgslangasek: I'm still working with apw on the KMS/PAE issue17:01
apwwhat rtg said17:01
pgranerslangasek: what rtg said17:02
apwand there is also some interactons with the installer which need to be nailed down17:02
apwfor the flavour names17:02
rtgslI think we should be OK to upload if the installer and the update manager cooperate17:02
cjwatsongeneric will just work17:02
rtgcjwatson: correct17:02
cjwatsonI'll have time to do the pae stuff early next week17:03
rtgupgrades aren't an issue, its the initial install that might cause problems.17:03
rtgbut I'll work with cjwatson on that17:03
cjwatsonnot *that* much of an issue. code to check cpuinfo flags is already there, just needs to be extended.17:03
cjwatsonmy main worry is that we *cannot* fit >1 kernel on the CD.17:03
apwthen i guess most people will be staying on generic with the current mapping17:04
cjwatsonmy opinion at the moment is that we should have generic on the alternate/desktop CD and pae as a network option; for server, possibly pae on the cd17:04
cjwatsonsince that maps reasonably to what we're doing at the moment17:04
apwwe can perhaps just recommend they consider it?17:04
cjwatsonand I'm concerned about performance claims regarding pae17:04
rtgcjwatson: in the past the server booted an non-pae kernel, but installed a pae kernel. is that still gonna be the case?17:05
cjwatson(for general use)17:05
loolSo enabling PAE at runtime is definitevely ruled out even in light of the space constraints?17:05
cjwatsonlool: I asked ...17:05
cjwatsonnobody has a working patch for PAE alternatives yet though. Kyle apparently started one a while back17:05
apwthere is no working patches to do that at th emoment17:05
cjwatsonrtg: that could be changed if you reckon it's important17:05
rtgcjwatson: it seems like you should boot the kernel you're gonna install17:06
cjwatsonthe problem with the server CD is not so much that as the fact that it installs a PAE kernel unconditionally and doesn't tell you that it won't work until you reboot17:06
cjwatsonrtg: I can't make that a hard guarantee; I agree it's nice when possible17:06
rtgcjwatson: ok17:06
rtgslangasek: no more kernel topics from me.17:07
cjwatsonI've generally tended to think that the installer should use a fairly permissive kernel in terms of CPU requirements, so that it can be flexible about what it installs if you're not up to scratch17:07
cjwatsonnot that I've extended this to using the 386 kernel across the board or anything :)17:07
pgranerslangasek: nothing else from kernel...17:09
slangasekanyone else have questions for the kernel team?17:09
slangasek[TOPIC] Foundations team17:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Foundations team17:09
slangasekcjwatson: heya17:09
cjwatsonwe have the traditional big chart at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic17:10
cjwatsontraffic light colours are pending resupply from the shop but should arrive soon17:10
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic17:11
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic17:11
cjwatsonhttps://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+specs?searchtext=foundations-karmic- is a not completely unreasonable list, but unfortunately we weren't entirely consistent about spec names so there are some things listed off that; the wiki page is more complete17:11
cjwatsonas you can see, we have a few drafting stragglers, and a slightly greater number of reviewing stragglers17:11
cjwatsonRobbie has gone through doing resource guesstimates and deferrals though, so at this point I believe we're reasonably happy with the combined workload17:12
cjwatsonoh, the wiki page also includes some community-assigned specs17:12
cjwatsonany questions based on those?17:13
cjwatsonof the bugs you listed, one is going to be wrapped up as part of a spec currently targeted for alpha 4, and the other one I'll hoover up before EOD today17:13
* slangasek finishes absorbing the prioritizations17:15
slangaseklooks good to me17:15
cjwatsonslightly more Essentials than I'm truly happy with, but those are mostly from-above kind of things17:15
slangasekonly 4 of which are distro feature things, anyway17:17
cjwatsondepending on how you count usb-creator for Windows17:17
slangasekthanks - no other questions here17:18
cjwatson.oO Architecture: mingw17:18
slangasekoh, we'll just make that spec depend on multiarch then17:18
cjwatsonfor great justifce17:18
slangasek[TOPIC] 8.04.317:18
MootBotNew Topic:  8.04.317:18
slangasekwanted to talk just a bit about this today17:19
slangasekhttp://people.ubuntu.com/~ubuntu-archive/pending-sru.html has the list of packages that are still waiting SRU verification for hardy; we want this list down to zero before the point release to minimize the ISO mastering hassle17:19
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.ubuntu.com/~ubuntu-archive/pending-sru.html has the list of packages that are still waiting SRU verification for hardy; we want this list down to zero before the point release to minimize the ISO mastering hassle17:19
slangasekdendrobates: there are a number of server packages on there that aren't getting love; can your team provide some support there?  (samba, apache2, openldap2.3)17:20
dendrobatesslangasek: yes.17:20
slangasekthere's also an open-iscsi upload I've done that I want to have kirkland or mathiaz review/validate for me; I'll prod them directly17:21
dendrobatesslangasek: ok17:21
kirklandslangasek: on my todo list for today17:22
slangasekhal also needs hardware-specific SRU verification for a Sony Walkman USB device, anyone have one of those? :)17:22
slangasek(or, just general purpose regression testing of hal for hardy)17:22
sbeattieslangasek: the qa team is going to do a testing hug day on monday focusing on 8.04.3 SRU verifications: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/UbuntuTestingDay/2009062217:23
slangasekoh, great :)17:23
sbeattiein part to tease out some of the hardware specific SRUs if we can.17:23
slangasekin that case, we probably want good test cases in all of the SRU bug reports17:23
pittifor many of those, regression testing actually is more important17:24
slangasek...which we don't always have, today17:24
pittiit doesn't help if a bug is confirmed to fix hw on a particular system, but break another17:24
pittiI tried to say17:24
pittitesting new versions on any hw and telling us "yep, still working" helps a lot17:24
henowe'll also run install tests on all the cert hw as soon as we have test images17:25
slangasekI should have those up Monday17:26
slangasek(unless someone else has time to get them up before then)17:26
henook, great17:26
sbeattiefader: think we can get those going on monday, when they come up?17:26
fadersbeattie: Yes, we should be able to do that.  If it doesn't get picked up automatically I can always start the tests by hand, so one way or the other we'll get them.17:27
=== ejat is now known as e-jat
sbeattiefader: excellent, thanks.17:27
slangasekthat's all I have on the 8.04.3 front; anything else?17:27
slangasek[TOPIC] AOB17:28
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB17:28
slangasekI'll take that as a no17:28
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:28.17:28
slangasekthanks, folks17:28
pittithanks everyone17:29
pittislangasek: just to confirm, I won't allow new hardy-proposed stuff without your explicit consent17:29
slangasekpitti: ok, thank you :)17:29
pittislangasek: with hardy being out for more than a year, there can hardly be so urgent issues right now17:29
=== rickspencer3 is now known as rickspencer3-afk
=== fader is now known as fader|lunch
=== fader|lunch is now known as fader
=== mikrox is now known as mikro
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
=== kirkland` is now known as kirkland
=== rickspencer3-afk is now known as rickspencer3

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!