=== asac_ is now known as asac
dholbachbluekuja, cody-somerville: you guys around?08:00
dholbachwe're missing one MC member right now to have quorum08:00
dholbachI have jpds' mobile number somewhere, let me look for it and text him08:01
dholbachok, let's see if he turns up08:03
dholbachsoren and geser are here, nixternal went to sleep, nhandler is still sleeping, so it's either persia or jpds who helps us out now :)08:03
dholbachI have no answer yet - I suggest we wait until 7:30 UTC and if nobody turns up, I can offer to do an impromptu meeting as soon as we have quorum - bluekuja: are you going to be around for a bit on IRC today?08:14
bluekujadholbach, yes08:14
dholbachI guess cody-somerville is in bed too08:14
bluekujadholbach, could be^^08:14
dholbachI'm sorry for this08:15
bluekujadholbach, np, going to have breakfast08:15
dholbachbluekuja: same here :)08:15
bluekujadholbach, gonna get back soon08:15
* geser too08:18
* DktrKranz not... hard to find a brioche @work :(08:19
bluekujadholbach, any news?08:58
dholbachbluekuja: unfortunately not08:59
bluekujadholbach, ok, I have to leave for like 2 hours, will it be possible to do this meeting later on?09:00
dholbachI guess chances are better to have quorum then anyway09:00
dholbachthanks a lot bluekuja09:00
bluekujadholbach, np :) be back in two hours09:00
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
dholbachbluekuja, cody-somerville, soren, geser: still there? seems we have jpds here12:19
bluekujadholbach, yes12:26
dholbachnow we're only lacking soren, persia, nixternal_ or nhandler :)12:26
=== fader|aw` is now known as fader_
geserdholbach: do you know why chrisccoulson set himself on the agenda for 23rd July as he seems to be around at the current time?12:38
dholbachgeser: I have no idea12:38
=== jussio1 is now known as jussi01
geserwhat's the probability to get impromptu MC meeting start in the next minutes? As I would otherwise do some errands (but I can postpone them as it's raining now)12:42
dholbachit's raining here too12:43
dholbachI don't know about soren, persia, nixternal_ or nhandler12:43
sorenI'm back from lunch, so I'm available-ish.12:46
dholbachbluekuja, geser, jpds: still hanging in there?12:48
dholbachanybody wants to chair?12:49
sorenAh, shite. Something came up. Can you guys give me 10 minutes?12:49
bluekujayes, I go finish my lunch12:49
geserit seems to be a bad day today to hold a MC meeting12:50
dholbachyes and it's not even the 13th12:51
dholbachlet's start in 5 and soren can read the backlog :)12:52
* dholbach gets some more tea12:52
geserdo we want to process Chris also today or on the next meeting?12:54
dholbachif Chris is around, I'm happy to have him12:55
bluekujaim back12:55
geserwill ask in #ubuntu-desktop if he has time12:55
bluekujalunch finished12:55
dholbachok, let's kick this off12:57
MootBotMeeting started at 06:57. The chair is dholbach.12:57
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]12:57
dholbach[TOPIC] Reapproval of Andrea Veri12:57
MootBotNew Topic:  Reapproval of Andrea Veri12:57
dholbachbluekuja: how are you doing?12:57
bluekujadholbach, just finished my high school exams12:58
bluekujadholbach, on the next semptember I gonna start university12:58
dholbachand sorry Andrea for not getting to start the meeting earlier :-)12:58
dholbachbluekuja: what are you going to study and where?12:58
bluekujadholbach, and finally I'll have time again to work on Ubuntu/Debian again12:58
bluekujadholbach, np :)12:58
bluekujadholbach, law, here in my city (Udine) quite near Venice12:59
bluekujaand maybe the next year I'll move to a city which is like 120 km from here12:59
dholbachnice... I hope you're going to enjoy it :)12:59
bluekujayeah, unfortunately I'll have a lot to study13:00
geseroh, will you do then debian/copyright reviews on REVU? :)13:00
bluekujayeah, of course13:00
dholbachbluekuja: in terms of Ubuntu and Debian work - what would you like to work on once you're part of the team again?13:00
bluekujadholbach, I'm getting back all my works and packages, from the MOTU-p2p team to helping someone again gaining some experience in Ubuntu as a mentor13:01
dholbachI see you're part of the doc, fridge, p2p and backporters team, do you expect to have time for all of those?13:01
bluekujadholbach, I've restarted uploading in Debian today with the new gnome-bt release13:01
dholbachbluekuja: is it in Ubuntu already? :-)13:02
bluekujadholbach, yes, gnome-btdownload13:02
bluekujadholbach, it was the old client we had before transmission13:02
dholbachjpds, geser, soren: any more questions?13:03
bluekujadholbach, anyway day by day, I'll catch everything up13:03
sorendholbach: Nope.13:03
jpdsNone from me.13:03
bluekujadholbach, and there won't be problems13:03
dholbach[VOTE] Shall Andrea Veri rejoin the MOTU team?13:03
MootBotPlease vote on:  Shall Andrea Veri rejoin the MOTU team?.13:03
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot13:03
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting13:03
MootBot+1 received from dholbach. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 113:03
MootBot+1 received from geser. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 213:03
MootBot+1 received from jpds. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 313:03
MootBot+1 received from soren. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 413:04
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 413:04
dholbachbluekuja: Welcome back! :)13:04
sorenbluekuja: Welcome back!13:04
bluekujadholbach, geser, soren, jpds : thanks a lot guys13:04
bluekujaI'm happy to be here with you guys again13:04
jpdsbluekuja: Welcome back! :)13:04
dholbachchrisccoulson1: available for the meeting?13:04
chrisccoulson1i am:)13:05
chrisccoulson1i found myself a quiet room at work13:05
dholbach[TOPIC] MOTU Application of Chris Coulson13:05
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU Application of Chris Coulson13:05
dholbachchrisccoulson1: how are you  doing?13:05
chrisccoulson1good thanks. and you?13:05
dholbacha bit tired, but doing OK and the rain stopped over here :-)13:05
chrisccoulson1heh - i don't know what the weathers like here - we have no windows;)13:06
dholbachchrisccoulson1: any reason why you picked the 23 Jul 2009 meeting?13:06
dholbachchrisccoulson1: no way! they lock you up in a closet?13:06
chrisccoulson1yeah - i couldn't make the 7am meeting this morning, so i picked the 23/7 instead13:06
chrisccoulson1but that is quite far away ;)13:06
dholbachah ok, I see :)13:06
dholbachgood to have you now13:07
dholbachjpds, soren, geser: questions?13:07
jpdschrisccoulson1: So you're a linux only company?13:07
chrisccoulson1jpds - unfortunately not. the company i work for is actually an automotive company13:07
sorenYes, I need to know more about this place with no windows. :)13:07
chrisccoulson1yes, of course - i said we had no windows;)13:08
geserchrisccoulson1: do you really see nothing in Ubuntu worth improving?13:08
chrisccoulson1is that in response to me not saying what i dislike?13:08
geseryes, the "What I like least in Ubuntu" item13:09
chrisccoulson1yeah, i couldn't think of what to put when i did the application.13:09
chrisccoulson1the only things i really dislike at the moment i suppose, are some technical decisions13:09
chrisccoulson1eg, pop-under update notifications;)13:10
gesersuch as?13:10
dholbachchrisccoulson1: you mentioned the FUSA applet in your application - do you know what's the state of it in karmic?13:10
chrisccoulson1dholbach - i don't actually. and that brings me on to something else that is not so good13:10
chrisccoulson1i know there is work going on for the FUSA in karmic, but it all seems to be behind closed doors at the momen13:11
dholbachthe changes need to be because of some gdm changes?13:11
chrisccoulson1i know tedg is doing some work on the replacement applet though, but that's all i know;)13:11
chrisccoulson1yeah, the old applet doesn't work with the new gdm13:12
dholbachI see13:12
chrisccoulson1the old codebase got merged in to the new GDM codebase, but it has none of the ubuntu changes anymore13:12
dholbachI don't have any more questions13:12
dholbachjpds, geser, soren?13:12
jpdschrisccoulson1: Do you plan to attend/have attended an local Ubuntu events? :)13:13
jpdsWe need more rockstars.13:13
chrisccoulson1jpds - i would like too. i havent attended anything yet. james_w mentioned a few days ago about some UK members to meetup at some point13:14
chrisccoulson1face-to-face community involvement is an area i should become more involved with i think13:14
jpdsNo more questions from me.13:15
geserchrisccoulson1: do you plan to keep focus on ubuntu-desktop or also do some work outside ubuntu-desktop as a MOTU?13:15
chrisccoulson1geser - the plan is to do some work outside of ubuntu-desktop as MOTU, but in addition to the work i do in ubuntu-desktop too13:16
sorenSorry, catching up...13:16
sorenNo more questions from me either.13:17
dholbach[VOTE] Shall Chris Coulson join the MOTU team?13:17
MootBotPlease vote on:  Shall Chris Coulson join the MOTU team?.13:17
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot13:17
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting13:17
MootBot+1 received from jpds. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 113:17
MootBot+1 received from dholbach. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 213:17
MootBot+1 received from geser. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 313:17
seb128chrisccoulson1, congrat ;-)13:17
* jpds watches soren catch up again.13:18
MootBot+1 received from soren. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 413:18
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 413:18
jpdschrisccoulson1: Congrats!13:18
sorenjpds: Well spotted. :)13:18
james_w\o/ congratulations chrisccoulson113:18
dholbachcongratulations chrisccoulson1!13:18
chrisccoulson1thanks everyone:)13:18
dholbachcody-somerville: around?13:18
dholbachmight be a bit too early for Cody13:19
dholbach[TOPIC] Any other business?13:19
MootBotNew Topic:  Any other business?13:19
dholbachWho wants to do the honours?13:19
jpdsI will.13:19
dholbachthanks a lot jpds!13:20
MootBotMeeting finished at 07:20.13:20
dholbachthanks a lot everybody13:20
dholbachchrisccoulson1, bluekuja: keep up the good work!13:20
bluekujadholbach, thanks! :)13:20
=== corenominal is now known as help
=== help is now known as corenominal_
jpdsAll should be done now.14:01
highvoltageand moo to you too14:06
ScottKStarting early?15:55
slangasekstarting the greetings early :)15:55
=== nxvl_ is now known as nxvl
* fader_ waves.15:56
* lool waves too15:57
sbeattiehey all15:59
slangasekmdz, pgraner, davidm, Riddell, Hobbsee: ping16:00
ScottKRiddell is still at GCDS, so I'm not sure how online he'll be.16:01
slangasekrickspencer is off today, presumably recuperating from GCDS :)16:02
MootBotMeeting started at 10:02. The chair is slangasek.16:02
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:02
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2009-07-1016:02
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2009-07-1016:02
davidmslangasek, hi16:02
mdzslangasek: I'm here, but probably need to dial into another call. do you need anything specific from me?16:03
slangasek[TOPIC] Actions from previous meeting16:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Actions from previous meeting16:03
slangasekmdz: not that I know of16:03
slangasek  * slangasek to get kubuntu-netbook added to the ISO tracker16:04
slangasek  * rgreening to document kubuntu-netbook install process for ISO tracker test cases16:04
* pgraner waves16:04
slangasek  * cjwatson to update installer for gdm autologin changes16:04
slangasek  * pitti to check with Riddell whether any Kubuntu ISO size events are in the offing16:04
slangasek  * cjwatson to investigate DVD size explosion16:04
slangasekI'll have a poke at the ISO tracker today or Monday16:04
pittislangasek: nothing major planned right now16:04
slangasekpitti: ok, thanks16:04
slangasekcjwatson: any status to report on your action items?16:04
cjwatsoninstaller's updated for gdm autologin changes16:04
cjwatsonI haven't done anything on the DVD size stuff yet16:04
cjwatson(which isn't urgent, but does need to get looked into at some point)16:05
* slangasek nods16:05
slangasekrgreening: any news regarding kubuntu-netbook test cases?16:06
ScottKslangasek: He's started work, but not done16:06
=== Nicke_ is now known as Nicke
ScottKIt's not urgent until IS starts building images anyway .....16:06
* slangasek nods16:06
ScottK(which it'd be nice to get started more than a day or two before the next Alpha)16:06
cjwatsonoh, speaking of which, I think that ticket got resolved16:06
cjwatsonlet me check16:07
slangasekthe RT ticket mentioned last week appears to be closed out; is there still an IS action needed there, or is it the cdimage team's now?16:07
cjwatsonif it's closed, it's ours, and I'll give it another try right now16:07
slangasek[TOPIC] QA Team16:08
MootBotNew Topic:  QA Team16:08
slangasekheno: how's the apport coverage effort going?16:08
henoslangasek: the LP team got some test failures from the code changes16:09
henoI was told it might land today, but it seems not16:09
henoBjorn says it's high priority work for them though16:09
henoslangasek: that was actually apport adoption :)16:10
slangasekoh, that one's the one on the LP side, so not linked to the archive for A316:10
slangasekright :)16:10
henocoverage is also moving along, though we would like more hook contributions ;)16:10
slangasekfader_: hardware testing?  coming along for 8.04.3?16:11
henowe'll encourage community contributions still and then sit down at the sprint to shore it up16:11
slangasekheno: great :)16:12
fader_Testing of the 8.04.3 images is looking good:16:12
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.ubuntu.com/~fader/sru-testing/8.04.3.html16:12
fader_Even more results than are listed there have come back as some 20090709.1 images were tested late yesterday but I haven't yet gotten them on this page.16:12
fader_No failures :)16:12
fader_We had found a bug that was preventing testing of hardy: Bug 396611 for hardy was fixed by cjwatson16:12
ubottuLaunchpad bug 396611 in debian-installer "Partitioning fails in 8.04.3" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/39661116:12
fader_Testing of karmic is going well too:16:13
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.ubuntu.com/~fader/hw-testing/current.html16:13
slangasekfader_: 20090709.1 alternate?  (the page title says server?)16:13
fader_We found one bug there as well that has also been fixed: Bug 394783 for karmic was fixed by apw and cjwatson16:13
ubottuLaunchpad bug 394783 in initramfs-tools "Broadcom BCM5708 "SIOCSIFADDR: No such device"" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/39478316:13
fader_slangasek: I believe it's alternate, let me look16:13
fader_slangasek: We have both -server and -alternate tested but only the server results are on the webpage I just linked16:14
fader_The -alternate results started coming in late yesterday and I have not put them in the report yet16:14
fader_(It's a manual report at the moment so it's a bit time consuming.  Hoping to have an automated report for it soon.)16:14
slangasekdoes testing -alternate in addition to -server actually provide any more information regarding hw compat?16:15
fader_slangasek: They use different kernels, I believe16:15
slangasekfair enough16:15
slangasekany hardware issues or anything that would conceivably prevent getting the testing done in time?16:16
fader_slangasek: Not at all... I haven't seen any failures on the hardy testing16:16
fader_It's in pretty good shape.16:16
* slangasek nods16:17
slangasekISO testing for .3 is still in progress; no failures yet with the current batch of images16:18
slangasek[LINK] http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/all16:18
MootBotLINK received:  http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/all16:18
slangasekwe're still mopping up the last of the SRU verifications for .3; there are some hw-specific ones still listed on http://people.ubuntu.com/~ubuntu-archive/pending-sru.html that could use a poke, would be helpful if people could have a look whether they have any of the hardware in question16:19
slangasekintel macbooks are one of the affected bits of hardware16:20
slangasekheno, fader_, sbeattie: anything else?16:20
fader_slangasek: Nothing else from me16:20
henoI believe I covered the karmic-qa-increase-apport-adoption (out of turn) above16:20
slangasekok, thanks16:21
slangasekheno: in turn, regardless of my confusion ;)16:21
slangasek[TOPIC] Desktop team16:21
MootBotNew Topic:  Desktop team16:21
slangasekpitti: hello16:21
pittias usual, bug status and "intrusive changes" are on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:21
pittithis week half of the desktop team was on the Gran Canaria Desktop Summit, so16:21
pittidevlopment was slow16:21
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:21
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:21
pittithe main action this week was shaking out the biggest regressions from the new16:21
pittigdm and preparing firefox 3.0.5 for landing in karmic16:21
pittinext week we'll resume working on the empathy integration and getting U116:21
pittipackages into main16:21
* slangasek nods16:22
pittitwo RC bugs fixed, the others keep being dragged, since focus is still on getting in new crack16:22
pittinone of them are alpha-3 blockers, though16:22
pittiexcept for ubufox for 3.5, but that can be uploaded in conjunction with flipping the default ffox to 3.5, if that still makes alpha-316:23
slangasekglad to read that 339313 should have made some progress16:23
* slangasek nods16:23
pittiright, but Riddell said to keep it open still16:23
pittifortunately the recent gdm breakage bugs didn't even make it to the list :)16:24
pittibug 395324 is still a wart, I'm trying to get that nailed for alpha-316:24
ubottuLaunchpad bug 395324 in gdm "'These windows do not support "save current setup"....' metacity warning when logging in with gdm 2.26" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/39532416:24
slangasekapparently because no one has been tagging those bugs where I can see them... :)16:24
pittislangasek: no, because they got fixed this week already :)16:24
slangasekah :)16:24
pittiany questions from other teams?16:25
ScottKPlasma-widget-network-manager is currently not working for WEP or WPA in Karmic, but upstream is aware and writing a lot of code.16:25
pittiuh, Jonathan told me it got much better now?16:25
charlie-tcaany progress in getting gnome dependencies removed/changed?16:26
ScottK(related to 339313)16:26
charlie-tcaXubuntu now installs gnome and xfce desktop, and karmic is defaulting to gnome16:26
pitticharlie-tca: we dropped several libglade* dependencies last week16:26
slangasekpitti: for DX integration, you have written "all specs not drafted yet" - is there an ETA for those?16:26
slangasek(hard to extrapolate how intrusive they'll be in practice, without more info...)16:26
ScottKpitti: It did and then Network Manager got updated and so it got worse.16:27
pittislangasek: oh, that's sort of stale; I'll check with david, but so far I'm aware of the gdm theming only16:27
pittisorry, will update next time16:27
slangasekdavidbarth: ^^ anything to add there regarding pending DX specs for karmic?16:27
pitti(still not drafted)16:28
slangasekpitti: why does http://people.ubuntu.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.txt want to drop fusa to universe now?16:29
slangasekis that related to gdm?16:29
pittislangasek: the current fusa package isn't compatible with the new gdm16:29
davidbarthslangasek: fusa should be on the list16:29
pittiso we are again installing the one from upstream gdm16:29
loolIIUC, the new fusa is *in* new-gdm?16:29
pittiI was told that ted is planning to port it to new gdm16:29
pittilool: yes, so was the old one, but we heavily fork it16:29
slangasekporting in the karmic timeframe?16:30
charlie-tcathe config file shipped in xubuntu-default-settings sets xfce.desktop as the default session, but gnome desktop is what comes up.16:30
pittislangasek: the two aren't co-installable16:30
davidbarthie, ted is trying to upload a new version asap (being on the critical path) to test the new infrastructure16:30
pitticharlie-tca: that's in the works AFAIK; gnome-session gets a -bin split out with just the bits that gdm needs16:30
pittithen xfce can just pull in that one16:30
slangasekdavidbarth: reusing the current package name, surely?  (so no sense in us archive folks moving it to universe, if it's going to come back shortly)16:30
charlie-tcaThank you16:30
pitti(done in Debian, we just need to merge)16:30
slangasekno more questions from me; anyone else?16:31
slangasek[TOPIC] Mobile Team16:32
MootBotNew Topic:  Mobile Team16:32
lool[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic16:32
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic16:32
loolHotest topics are:16:32
lool* qemu buildds: IS is seeing crashes/hangs; I'll try to reproduce; we're very much hoping for hardware16:32
davidbarthslangasek: doing what you folks tell us to do ;) but yes, reusing the pkg name16:32
lool* cd images: mx51 and marvell need kernel and bootloader; we're working on the bootloaders16:32
lool* mx51 kernel is worrying: see details on the wiki page and kernel team will probably expand, but I'd like to discuss consequences of using 2.6.28 which is the proposed plan for the short term16:32
loolcjwatson, slangasek: I'd love to hear your thoughts on the consequences of using 2.6.28 in karmic16:33
cjwatsonmx51> I thought that was already discussed briefly, and davidm came back and said you weren't doing it16:33
slangaseklool: davidm told me that the 2.6.28 idea was scrapped already16:33
loolWe weren't doign what?   2.6.28?16:33
cjwatsonmy thoughts are pretty similar to slangasek's expressed earlier, viz.: pretty painful in the metapackages, would greatly prefer not to even short-term if possible, but if we do it then it can't release that way16:33
loolHmm we chatted about this over the mobile phone meeting in my morning some hours ago16:34
pgranerlool: I got word last night that .28 was out16:34
davidmlool, per our conversation of last night we killed 2.6.2816:34
looldavidm: around?16:34
davidmIt was way to painful16:34
loolThat was my impression too16:34
loolSo probably no image for a3, unless the kernel makes progress16:34
* slangasek nods16:34
loolpgraner: I guess you'll cover the mx51 situation in details, or should we do that now?16:35
pgranerlool: not likely unless we get some serious help from freescale16:35
loolI've included the status/proposals to make progress on the wiki page16:35
pgranerlool: what wiki?16:35
pgranerlool: we track the status on our page https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic16:35
loolOk; i added some details on hardware debuggers, request for help to FSL etc.16:36
loolAre there any questions on mobile status?16:36
pittilool: some stuff, like dk-disks or KMS doesn't work with 2.6.2816:36
pgranerlool: I don't see any proposals other than .28 which davidm suggested btw not the kernel team16:36
slangaseklool: bug #396453 isn't on your wiki page16:37
ubottuLaunchpad bug 396453 in webfav "webfav must support ffox 3.5 in karmic" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/39645316:37
loolI thought it was a proposal by amitk; I'll remove that part16:37
slangaseklool: that's your department, isn't it? :)16:37
loolamitk is kernel team ATM but working for mobile16:37
pittilool: libgudev relies on some new netlink features that are only in .30 (non-root users being able to talk through netlink to udev)16:37
loolslangasek: That's not targetted at A3 though; I didn't include updates on all release targetted bugs16:38
loolslangasek: I could do that if you think that's useful16:38
loolpitti: Thanks; I think everyboyd agrees to not follow on the 2.6.28 idea anyway16:38
pittilool: ok, just adding a "will break" reason then :)16:38
loolThanks :)16:39
slangaseklool: I'd like to know where we are with high-priority release-targeted bugs, generally, even if not milestoned for the current alpha16:39
loolslangasek: Ok; I'll prepare that for next meeting, thanks for the suggestion16:39
slangaseklool: ok, thanks16:39
loolslangasek: I know nothing about that webfav task; I'll poke StevenK about it16:39
* slangasek nods16:39
slangasekany more questions from anyone else?16:41
slangasek[TOPIC] Kernel Team16:41
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel Team16:41
slangaseklool, davidm: thanks16:41
pgranerWe updated https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic#Release%20Meeting%20Bugs for the bugs in the agenda16:42
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic16:42
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic16:42
pgranerAlso the remainder of that page is updated for all of our status. A few points to call out:16:42
pgranerARM imx51 as discussed in the mobile section. Most likely won't be in A316:43
pgranerWe have contacted FCL asking for additional help. No response as of yet16:43
pgranerAppArmor will get fixed by the upload that apw will do today.16:43
pgranerWe need to have security test to make sure it looks good16:44
apwapparmor will be integrated but disabled by default during testing16:44
apwthere are a couple of known issues with it which are being worked but in less critical support16:44
loolpgraner: Concerning mx51, if the two kernel engineers working on it without hardware still lack some next week, we could discuss which hardware we could send them: I can think of either some B1 boards or the other non-b2 TO2 boards we have around16:45
pgranerlool: I had talked to davidm about that he was to get with you guys and send a b2 to amit16:46
pgranerlool: that was late last week16:46
bjf_afkpgraner, amit has a b2 now16:46
=== bjf_afk is now known as bjf
pgranerbjf: where did that one come from?16:47
slangasekthe status of the kernel-karmic-wifi spec mentions 'rfkill changes have come through in 2.6.31-rc1' - that seems to have resulted in bug #39769816:47
loolpgraner: Amit has a b2 but I understand Bryan and Martyn don't16:47
ubottuLaunchpad bug 397698 in acpi-support "isAnyWirelessPoweredOn in state-funcs always returns 1 in karmic" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/39769816:47
bjfpgraner, was ogra's i believe16:47
slangasekis the lack of link in /sys from the network device to the rfkill device deliberate?16:47
pgranerlool: then we need to get them some, what can you guys spare?16:47
* ogra looks up16:47
ograpgraner, we dont have anything left i think16:48
loolpgraner: I think bjf and amitk have B2 and another to2 board each, these are probably very close to b2, otherwise b116:48
loolEither from my team or from ARM16:48
pgranerlool: lets take this offline, to save everyone the pain...16:48
pgranerapw: what do you know about the rfkill above?16:49
apwslangasek, unsure ... is there a bug i can look at?16:49
slangasekapw: bug #397698 is the one I have16:49
ubottuLaunchpad bug 397698 in acpi-support "isAnyWirelessPoweredOn in state-funcs always returns 1 in karmic" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/39769816:49
pgranerLP 39769816:49
apwthey have been fiddling heavily in there this merge16:49
slangasekwe can take that off-line, though16:49
pgranerslangasek: we will get back to you on that one16:49
slangaseksounds good16:49
pgranerThats it for us pending questions16:49
slangasekthanks, guys16:50
slangasek[TOPIC] Foundations Team16:50
MootBotNew Topic:  Foundations Team16:50
slangasekcjwatson: hi16:51
davidmpgraner, I pulled ogra's board for amit16:52
cjwatsonok, so https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic is up-to-date I think16:52
* heno is afk16:52
cjwatsonthe main non-mentioned intrusive thing happening is upstart 0.6.0, which anyone who's upgraded this morning will probably have noticed :)16:52
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic16:52
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic16:52
pgranerdavidm: ack16:52
cjwatsonI believe it's sort of on a "well, Keybuk's system still boots" kind of basis right now, so do let him know if you run into trouble with it16:53
pittihm, "just works" here, too16:53
cjwatsonall our alpha-3 features are believed to be on track, with the possible exception of the python packaging work which is still a bit definition-light16:54
slangasekunblocks the effort to get upstart integration into Debian, so I'm willing to put up with my system not booting for that ;)16:54
robbiew+1 ;)16:54
cjwatsonthe i586 work has reached the point of having test CDs, which Keybuk is currently testing16:54
ScottKslangasek: I'm also willing to put up with your system not booting for that.16:54
cjwatsonthat's about all I have; anything from Robbie?16:56
slangasekI see 'eglibc adoption' is added as an essential spec - is that decided and just needs doing?16:57
cjwatsonI think I mentioned that at last week's meeting16:57
dendrobates* UbuntuSpec:server-karmic-pristine-daily-virt-builds16:57
dendrobatessorry, premature cut and paste :)16:58
cjwatsonbut short answer, yes16:58
slangasekcjwatson: oops; haven't made it all the way through that log yet, can you recap briefly?16:58
robbiewwith 10.04 being the LTS...eglibc needs to be in 9.1016:58
ScottKExcellent summary16:58
slangasekany questions for Foundations?16:59
slangasek[TOPIC] Server Team17:00
MootBotNew Topic:  Server Team17:00
slangasekcjwatson, robbiew: thanks17:00
dendrobates* UbuntuSpec:server-karmic-pristine-daily-virt-builds17:00
dendrobatesare there any questions about this?17:00
dendrobatesNot done.  non-blocker, targeted at Alpha417:01
dendrobatesWorking prototype done. Waiting on qemu-kvm_0.11 release17:02
slangasekserver-karmic-update-motd-inotify was blocked on upstart before, right?  so is unblocked now?17:02
dendrobatesBug 32676817:02
ubottuLaunchpad bug 326768 in mysql-dfsg-5.0 "mysqld_safe thinks mysqld has crashed when it hasn't" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/32676817:02
kirklandslangasek: we're not gating on that17:02
dendrobateskirkland: is it unblocked?17:02
slangasekkirkland: does upstart 0.6 give you what you need anyway?17:02
kirklandslangasek: when upstart supports inotify, we'll use it17:02
slangasek(oh, right, that was going to be in 0.10)17:03
kirklandslangasek: don't know, haven't seen an update from Keybuk on my wishlist bug for inotify support17:03
cjwatsonupstart 0.6 appears to have at least some inotify support17:03
kirklandslangasek: basically, update-motd will merely suggest iwatch, and use it if on the system17:03
* slangasek nods17:03
dendrobatesBug:326768  Mathiaz had been waiting for debian to move 5.1 to unstable, so he could just merge that, but he will be uploading a fix shortly, since that is the quickest way to get rid of this bug17:04
kirklandslangasek: rather than depending on iwatch, which would necessitate an MIR that pitti groaned about17:04
slangasekdendrobates: ah, so I'm not the only one tired of seeing that bug on the list ;)17:04
slangasekkirkland: right17:04
dendrobatesBug 385475 We are aware of the problem and discussed it at UDS.  We are currently waiting for an upstream code drop17:04
ubottuLaunchpad bug 385475 in likewise-open5 "[Karmic] Likewise-Open 5 fails to authenticate users" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/38547517:04
dendrobatesIf the code drop does not come in time, we might have to drop the 5.x version.17:05
cjwatsonhmm, possibly only as much as in upstart 0.317:05
ScottKI'd like to ask the release team to please sprinkle their holy water on the clamav update plan and give it blessing to proceed.17:06
slangasekpitti: I noticed that you aren't subscribed to ubuntu-release; could you take a peek at the archive and give your opinion on the clamav update plan?17:06
slangasektouching on SRUs as this does, I'd like your ack before telling the TB to go for it17:07
pittioh, sure17:07
slangasekalso, please subscribe to ubuntu-release :-)17:07
pittislangasek: subscribe> done17:08
slangasekanything else for server?17:08
slangasek[ACTION] pitti to ack/nack clamav update plan on ubuntu-release17:09
MootBotACTION received:  pitti to ack/nack clamav update plan on ubuntu-release17:09
pittiI saw https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ClamavUpdates before, and it looks alright to me17:09
pittiScott and I talked about it before17:09
ScottKslangasek: Can I call that approved then?17:09
slangasekScottK: yes17:09
* ScottK updates the wiki ...17:09
slangasek[TOPIC] MOTU17:10
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU17:10
ScottKThings are generally quiet in Universe.17:10
ScottKThere is some discussion of another ghc6 transition17:11
* slangasek nods17:11
ScottKThe planning seems sane, so if they go ahead, I'm not worried about it.17:11
ScottKWe had one motu-release member resign this week.  We'll get a replacement, but haven't done it yet.17:11
ScottKThat's it for Universe.17:11
slangasekwe still need to kick python2.5 out of python-all-dev; ought to get that done soon so we've got plenty of lead time for rebuilds17:12
ScottKIn Kubuntu we are packaging KDE 4.3 RC2 right now.  I expect that'll be out version for Alpha 3.17:12
slangasekwho resigned?17:12
ScottKToo busy with work.17:12
* slangasek nods17:12
ScottKIt looks reasonably good for having Kubuntu Netbook images for Alpha 3.17:13
ScottKWe've also engaged with the plasma-netbook shell upstream and have a good idea of the plan to get that into Karmic.17:13
ScottKI think that's it.17:14
slangasekwhat's plasma-netbook shell?17:14
ScottKIt's a lighter weight version of plasma optimized for netbook use.  It also has some additional functionality related to working better on the smaller screens.17:14
ScottKOur minimal objective for Kubuntu Netbook is to present a traditional Kubuntu scaled down for netbook.  That's almost done.17:15
slangasekok, cool17:15
ScottKWhat we really want to do is something radically cool that no one else has and that's the key piece for it.17:15
ScottKUpstream it'll be in KDE 4.4 (Karmic +1), but we should have it first.17:16
slangaseknice :)17:16
ScottKHaving sebas at UDS was a great help for establishing those connections.17:16
slangasekany questions from folks regarding universe?17:17
slangasekScottK: thanks17:18
slangasek[TOPIC] Known regressions17:18
MootBotNew Topic:  Known regressions17:18
slangasekany regressions people want to discuss that aren't already on the list?17:18
ScottKI did have one other point on Python stuff.17:18
slangasekScottK: oh, go aheda17:18
ScottKOur cdbs has a change to automagically add install-layout=deb that Debian's doesn't have.  It makes it tough to make a package that works with Python 2.6 in both Debian and Ubuntu17:18
ScottKI think we should be consistent and either get that in Debian or drop ours.17:19
pitti--install-layout should work in Debian as well17:19
slangasekhas the change been submitted to Debian?17:19
slangasekpitti: the issue isn't whether it works, but whether it's being done by default and the interaction with the install files, I suspect17:20
ScottKslangasek: I don't know.  I'm pretty much just a user of CDBS.17:20
pittiI don't see it on http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=cdbs17:20
slangasekcan someone take responsibility for forwarding that?17:21
ScottKI think it would come better from someone with some established relationship with the Debian CDBS people ....17:21
slangasek(doko made the change, but his Foundations time is limited this cycle)17:21
slangasekpitti: is that you? :)17:21
slangasek[ACTION] pitti to forward --install-layout=deb change to Debian cdbs maintainers17:21
MootBotACTION received:  pitti to forward --install-layout=deb change to Debian cdbs maintainers17:21
dokoScottK: on my list. but this change should go to Debian as well17:22
slangasekanyway, regressions17:23
slangasekanything we need to discuss there?17:23
slangasek(I have a few bugs to file regarding kms and external VGA, but don't need to discuss those here)17:23
=== nixternal_ is now known as nixternal
slangasek[TOPIC] ISO size17:24
MootBotNew Topic:  ISO size17:24
slangasekthe DVD sizes were mentioned earlier, no need to dwell on that17:24
slangasekI understand we'll save a bit of space on CDs soon due to mono changes again17:25
slangasekbut we could still use some more space wherever people can find it, to accomodate more langpacks when the time comes17:25
ScottKThere was an outstanding action to check for known CD size events for Kubuntu.  I'm pretty sure there aren't any.17:25
slangasekyes, I think that was mentioned at the beginning of the meeting17:26
ScottKWe have a coupld of MIR oustanding, but not for large packages.17:26
slangasek[TOPIC] AOB17:27
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB17:27
loolslangasek: Just a note that I was wrong when I claimed I only looked at karmic bugs targetted at Alpha 3; I actually looked at all karmic ones which ~ubuntu-armel, ~ubuntu-unr or ~canonical-mobile were subscribed to and hence missed the webfav one.  It will appear on my list now since I sub-ed canonical-mobile to it.17:27
loolslangasek: Concerning the webfav bug, 396453, bfiller confirmed he's working on it and said it's not hard and he should have a tarball next week (I've updated the MobileTeam/ReleaseStatus page)17:27
lool(Either davidm or me should run pm-dashboard / bug-zapper regularly to check whether new karmic bugs were assigned to someone in the mobile team)17:27
ogralool, everyone in the team should actually :)17:27
slangaseklool: ok, thanks17:28
ograin all teams ... makes it so easy to keep an overview17:28
ScottKJust realized I forgot to toss in my link: https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Todo/Karmic17:28
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Todo/Karmic17:28
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Todo/Karmic17:28
slangasekanything else to discuss here?  dazzling behind-the-scenes changes in karmic? :)17:29
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:29.17:29
slangasekthanks, folks17:29
pittithanks everyone17:30
robbiewthanks steve17:30
charlie-tcathank you17:32
=== fader_ is now known as fader|lunch
=== fader|lunch is now known as fader_
=== ogasawara_ is now known as ogasawara
=== rgreening_ is now known as rgreening
=== dharman_ is now known as dharman
* sattam brb20:50
=== hsitter is now known as apachelogger
=== fader_ is now known as fader|away
=== lukjad007 is now known as Moon_Wolf

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!