=== asac_ is now known as asac
=== imlad is now known as imlad|away
MootBotMeeting started at 19:00. The chair is cprofitt.01:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]01:00
cprofittwelcome to the Ubuntu Community Learning Project Meeting01:00
pleia2thanks cprofitt :)01:00
pleia2let me fix up the Agenda real quick01:00
pleia2there we go :)01:01
cprofitt[TOPIC] Publicty by pleia201:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Publicty by pleia201:02
pleia2so far doctormo and I have blogged about it, which was picked up in UWN \o/01:02
pleia2have had a lot of traffic in the channel the past few days :)01:03
cprofittthat is good... what are we looking for with publicity right now01:03
pleia2so I want to make sure we're all prepared to handle this, but I want to keep the momentum going01:03
pleia2blogging and sharing stuff with loco teams will work the best, I think01:04
pleia2any other thoughts?01:04
cprofittHow are we coming on course development?01:04
pleia2that's the next topic :)01:05
pleia2we have two started01:05
cprofitt[TOPIC] Course Development01:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Course Development01:05
pleia2so doctormo has been working on his sysadmin stuff01:05
sagaciwhich two01:05
cprofittCool. Do you still need help?01:05
pleia2they are all linked here; https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Learning/SystemAdminTopics01:05
cprofittsagaci, we actually have some sample courses on the site already too01:05
bodhi_zazensorry I am late01:06
pleia2cprofitt: we need tons of help :)01:06
pleia2more writers, more reviewers are always helpful, more experts01:06
cprofittI agree...01:06
pleia2but doctormo's start on the sysadmin stuff is realy great01:06
bodhi_zazenI think a how to moodle would be good =)01:06
cprofittDo we need to take doctormo's stuff and convert to Moodle01:06
pleia2nothing is in moodle yet, so that nede to be taken care of01:07
cprofittbodhi_zazen, have you looked at the how-to I uploaded?01:07
pleia2cprofitt: yeah01:07
bodhi_zazenno, but I shall01:07
pleia2the current plan is to use bzr for course development (doctormo posted info on the list on friday)01:07
pleia2and then use moodle for course deployment01:07
cprofittthat was one of the first courses I uploaded01:08
pleia2[LINK] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-learning/2009-August/000017.html01:08
MootBotLINK received:  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-learning/2009-August/000017.html01:08
cprofittwill the bzr have moodle course files or some other format?01:08
bodhi_zazenbzr can be hard for people to use =)01:08
pleia2for now, other format01:08
pleia2bodhi_zazen: there are some good how-tos on the ubuntu wiki01:08
bodhi_zazenyea, I have helped a few people with those01:09
pleia2it's pretty straight forward after a few minutes of trying to figure it out, and you can always view the stuff via the web interface01:09
pleia2it's just committers of material who will need to know how to use it really01:09
pleia2so doctormo is on sysadmin stuff, I've been tasked with beginning the Desktop stuff - which doctormo gave me an outline for01:10
pleia2planning on having this first section done aug 31st01:10
cprofittI think those are some big first steps...01:10
cprofittare you guys leveraging any external materials?01:11
pleia2yeah, if you look at the sysadmin page you can see some links already exist: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Learning/SystemAdminTopics01:11
pleia2fleshing that out more would be *great*01:11
pleia2and I think that's where we should put our focus01:11
cprofittso the sysadmin topics...01:11
pleia2so when the course writer comes along they just need to reference those materials already linked to write the course01:12
cprofittare each of the bullet points a course?01:12
pleia2it is a work in progress01:12
cprofittI envision the courses being able to link back out to these materials too...01:12
pleia2once you get rolling with development you might find out there isn't enough material for each course, or too much01:12
bodhi_zazenI like that outline01:12
cprofittno need to 'cut-n-paste' content01:12
cprofittmake 'reading' assignments01:12
bodhi_zazenI should throw up a similar outline. lol01:12
cprofittthen IRC, Screen, or other activities for people to apply the reading01:13
pleia2bodhi_zazen: maybe you can continue to develop this one?01:13
bodhi_zazenYea, I can add to some of those topics01:13
bodhi_zazenI am working on an intro to Ubuntu01:13
pleia2https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Learning/UbuntuDesktopTopics is the one I'm working on now01:13
bodhi_zazenhow to get an iso, etc01:13
pleia2bodhi_zazen: ok, we'll have to collaborate then :) doctormo gave me that task too01:13
bodhi_zazenthe differences between desktop and alternate01:14
pleia2I'll get you the log of what we outlined for the first desktop course01:14
bodhi_zazenI am planning to pull in pages from the wiki01:14
bodhi_zazenLTS versions, how to partition, etc01:15
pleia2I'm putting my desktop work up on bzr and will be editing that wiki page, so we don't duplicate work01:15
bodhi_zazenbasic stuff we all take for granted yet many windows uses have no clue01:15
pleia2yeah, sounds like we're on the same track ;)01:15
cprofittit does... very sorry I am not able to write courses right now01:15
cprofittI feel like a laggard01:16
bodhi_zazenpleia2: should I wait for your wiki page01:16
pleia2bodhi_zazen: can you flesh out the UbuntuDesktopTopics page with links and further outline ideas you have?01:16
pleia2no need to wait, I'm using: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Learning/UbuntuDesktopTopics01:16
pleia2so as long as we both update it with our progress and touch base in IRC, we should be good01:16
cprofittNice outline plars01:16
cprofittsorry for the ping plars01:17
bodhi_zazenyea, I will add01:17
cprofittI will try to add some things too...01:17
cprofittI am slowly gaining enough wisdom that I might be able to pass it along01:17
cprofittWhere are we going to put topics like VirtualBox, UFW, etc01:18
bodhi_zazenUFW => sys admin01:18
bodhi_zazenunless we want a security section01:18
cprofittI noticed it was not in sys admin...01:18
cprofittso was curious01:18
bodhi_zazenVBox , well we would need a virtualization section, IMO01:18
bodhi_zazenVirtualization becomes very complex fast01:18
cprofittso we would need a section beyond those currently on the page?01:19
bodhi_zazenNAT, bridged, sharing files, etc01:19
cprofittor would it fit in 'use'01:19
pleia2bodhi_zazen: I just updated the wiki, but this is the log from when doctormo outlined the intro class he teaches: http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2009/08/14/%23ubuntu-learning.html01:19
pleia2also discusses how he goes about course development01:19
cprofittpleia2, I have to say you guys are doing a very good job01:19
pleia2cprofitt: thanks :) it's really all doctormo so far01:19
cprofittwell... doctormo deserves a huge thank you01:20
cprofitt[AGREED] doctormo deserves a big thank you01:20
MootBotAGREED received:  doctormo deserves a big thank you01:20
pleia2absolutely :)01:20
cprofittany other topics for you bodhi_zazen ?01:20
bodhi_zazenThat is a long page01:20
bodhi_zazenNo, was thinking we should clean up the team structure page ;)01:21
pleia2so I think what we want to do is encourage people to add links to the topic pages if they want to pitch in resources-wise, easy way to help out01:21
bodhi_zazenI can probably look at that01:21
cprofitt[TOPIC] Team Structure page cleanup01:21
MootBotNew Topic:  Team Structure page cleanup01:21
cprofittI agree bodhi_zazen I think we need to clean it up and make it be the structure not the discussion01:22
cprofittdo you have time to take that on?01:22
cprofittI would appreciate that ... and I am sure everyone else will as well01:22
pleia2yeah, thanks bodhi_zazen :)01:22
cprofittmy crunch time at work is now through end of October01:22
cprofittso my spare time is < 001:23
bodhi_zazenI think it is a matter of merging my initial comments, with doctormo01:23
bodhi_zazenand I it is not clear what is up I will ask =)01:23
* cprofitt nods01:23
pleia2sounds good!01:23
cprofitt[AGREED] bodhi_zazen to clean up structure page01:23
MootBotAGREED received:  bodhi_zazen to clean up structure page01:23
cprofittany other topics?01:24
pleia2I'm done01:25
cprofittbodhi_zazen, ?01:25
bodhi_zazennot I01:26
MootBotMeeting finished at 19:26.01:26
cprofittthanks for coming to the meeting everyone... we can retire to our regular bat cave for informal discussions01:26
pleia2thanks everyone!01:26
=== lionel_ is now known as lionel
=== ember_ is now known as ember
popeycc meeting?11:03
popeyfridge calendar says yes, lack of people here says no11:03
james_wpopey: 45 minutes11:17
james_wseems the timezone of the event in the fridge calendar is wrong11:18
=== imlad|away is now known as imlad
dholbachUnfortunately the CC meeting is not going to happen because we can't get quorum, seems like nobody updated the Fridge. Sorry.12:02
=== fader|away is now known as fader
=== imlad is now known as imlad|away
* ogra waits patiently14:01
* StevenK shores patiently14:01
* bjf waves14:01
plarsmeeting happening?14:05
bjfbetter happen soon or i'm back to bed14:05
ograNCommander missing ...14:07
plarshe will be joining shortly14:09
ogratwiddle twiddle ...14:10
* GrueMaster is here.14:11
dyfethere also14:11
=== imlad|away is now known as imlad
NCommanderUgh, morning14:13
MootBotMeeting started at 08:13. The chair is NCommander.14:13
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]14:13
* NCommander pokes StevenK ogra lool GrueMaster plars 14:16
plarswe're here14:17
* GrueMaster pokes back.14:17
bjfNCommander, poke youself, lets go14:17
NCommander[topic] Action Item Review14:17
MootBotNew Topic:  Action Item Review14:17
* StevenK shores14:17
ograno agenda link ?14:17
NCommanderogra, I forgot to create a new page14:18
ograhmm, k14:18
* NCommander is not on his A game this week14:18
ograso move on14:18
* GrueMaster mumbles "this week?"14:18
bjfjust bag the meeting14:18
NCommander[topic] NCommander to investigate https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/vnc4/+bug/338148 (co)14:18
MootBotNew Topic:  NCommander to investigate https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/vnc4/+bug/338148 (co)14:18
ubottuUbuntu bug 338148 in vnc4 "Needs new version from Debian: fails to build with removal of mesa-swx11-source" [High,Triaged]14:18
NCommander[topic] GrueMaster to retest on i386 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/33780914:19
MootBotNew Topic:  GrueMaster to retest on i386 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/33780914:19
ubottuUbuntu bug 337809 in linux "APIC error on CPU 0" [Medium,Triaged]14:19
ogradoes that even still occur ?14:19
GrueMasterHardware to reproduce is not currently set up.14:20
NCommander[topic] Specification status14:20
MootBotNew Topic:  Specification status14:20
NCommander[topic] ogra's status14:20
MootBotNew Topic:  ogra's status14:20
ograhttp://people.canonical.com/~lool/mobile-status.html is supposed to be our blueprint status overview of the future, it relies on everyone having the status field in the blueprints up to date ahead of the meeting ... seems lool didnt set up a cronjob to update the page though so we might need to go through that14:20
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~lool/mobile-status.html is supposed to be our blueprint status overview of the future, it relies on everyone having the status field in the blueprints up to date ahead of the meeting ... seems lool didnt set up a cronjob to update the page though so we might need to go through that14:20
ograi though lool showed that to you at the sprint14:21
NCommanderogra, right, but I thought we were still going to go over status individually regardless14:21
NCommanderogra, we did that last week14:21
ograyes, last week was supposed to e the last time, but fine14:21
GrueMasterLooks like it is updating fine.14:21
plarsI think the idea was just to see if there was anything currently blocking anyone14:21
* ogra wonders why he took the effort to updae the statuses 14:21
plarsotherwise, read the status page14:22
NCommanderOk ...14:22
ograGrueMaster, it doesnt reflect todays status for any of mine14:22
ografreescale-desktop: Waiting on manoao replacement (IS) to build functional squashfs images14:22
plarsyeah, page doesn't seem to be updated :(14:22
ogramanoao is borked and cant produce uasable squashfes atm, IS is in the process to replace it, they got 10 new boards for buildds and imagebuilders14:23
ograuntil its back we cant roll any images ...14:23
ograoffline-installer-gui: Trying to find a fix for the missing sched_getaffinity() syscall in qemu-arm-static to make mono packages installable in armel chroots14:23
ograoh, and for freescale-desktop: rtg is in the process of renaming the kernel packages as discussed ....14:24
ograall from me14:24
NCommander[topic] plars's specifications14:24
MootBotNew Topic:  plars's specifications14:24
plarsUNR testing: added some more testcases to checkbox14:25
plarsgoing to see about getting them integrated into daily testing in the lab14:25
plarscr3 said he needs to make some minor changes but thinks they can do it14:25
plarsARM testing, not much progress, need builds, and hardware14:25
plarsscreen size/resolution testsuite: good progress this week14:26
plarsadded support for editboxes and comboboxes and several new tests14:26
plarsfound bugs already with it!14:26
NCommander[topic] dyfet's specifications14:26
MootBotNew Topic:  dyfet's specifications14:26
dyfetWell...the lxde seed was completed, and in doing so provoked a minor war over what really should be in the seed in the public mailing list :)14:27
ogradid it settle ?14:28
dyfetKinda...or should I say, more correctly, a "vigorous discussion"? ;)14:28
dyfetNobody has offered any actual changes...14:29
NCommander[topic] StevenK's status14:29
MootBotNew Topic:  StevenK's status14:29
ograand his specs :)14:29
StevenKWubi has had some changes commited that might make it work, I'll be testing tomorrow14:30
NCommanderEr, is lool still on holiday before I ask his status?14:32
ograyes until tomorrow14:32
ogralook at your team cal14:32
NCommanderI don't have it up at the moment14:32
NCommander[topic] NCommander's specs14:32
MootBotNew Topic:  NCommander's specs14:32
NCommandermobile-karmic-marvell-desktop: Uh, made quite a bit of progress14:33
ograthe kernel team is waiting for a design doc14:33
ograthey need to know what deps the packages need for uboot14:33
NCommanderIts going to be standard flash-kernel14:33
ograno, surely not14:33
NCommanderUgh, I didn't know they were dep-wait on that14:33
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
ograkernel packages are sitting in NEW since 24h14:34
ograflash-kernel is used if you flash mtd (or in special cases SD) devices14:34
ogradoes your design require the kernel or initramfs to sit in mtd ?14:35
ogra(or in a special SD partition thats not accessible)14:35
NCommanderogra, its been used to create and install u-boot packages before. I can dump what I was going to put there into the postinst14:35
ograi dont think thats proper14:35
ograthe kernel can build uboot bompliant uImage itself in the package14:36
ograno need for anything special14:36
NCommanderI can change gears then, and provide them w/ a postinst, thats pretty easy.14:36
ograplease document your design somewhere14:36
NCommanderogra, I did, its on the internal wiki14:36
ogra*before* making up any postinst stuff14:36
ogra*in your spec*14:36
ograthats why you have a spec14:37
NCommanderI'll fix that after the end of thi smeeting14:37
ograhttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/Specs/KarmicMarvellDesktop is the spec14:37
NCommanderAnyway, I finished my changed to d-cd yesterday and over the weekend.14:37
ograplease put a detailed design description how the images are laid out in there14:38
ograso others can look it up14:38
NCommanderogra, I wrote it, I just put it in the wrong place, I'll move it14:38
ograjust that the kernel team knows whats needed for the packaging14:38
ograand others know what to expect14:39
NCommanderI'll have my bazaar branches posted later today I hope with my changes, and the boot info moved to the public wiki14:39
ograwill you shepherd the kernel packages through NEW once the naming is correct ?14:39
NCommanderogra, er, I'm not an archive admin ...14:39
ograshepherd doesnt mean you review them yourself14:40
* NCommander is unfamiliar with the term14:40
ograhave a look at the naming, poke an archive admin14:40
* ogra sighs14:40
ogra(only poke an admin if the naming is fine indeed)14:40
* NCommander nods14:41
ograand make sure they go through binary new too after they built14:41
ograand test them14:41
NCommanderAlright, no progress on mobile-arm-softbootloader14:41
NCommander[topic] GrueMaster's specs14:42
MootBotNew Topic:  GrueMaster's specs14:42
GrueMasterLSB Testing continued as normal.  No new issues.14:42
GrueMasterCurrently testing Ubuntu Moblin edition (Ubuntu Moblin Remix) for Moblin compliance.  Will need to test against Moblin directly to establish a baseline.14:42
GrueMasterWork needs to be done by StevenK.  Empathy is seeded now so I updated the status.  Still need gwibber changes and size reduction changes.14:42
GrueMasterThat is all.14:42
StevenKgwibber is done14:42
NCommander[topic] paulliu's specs14:42
MootBotNew Topic:  paulliu's specs14:42
StevenKSize reduction, I'm waiting on you.14:42
paulliuresolution: slow progress. But the rest things are easy. I'm putting my efforts to moblin things.14:43
paulliumoblin: drafting. Need someone review the spec.14:43
paulliuAlso I need sync/merging from Debian for 2 packages. librest and webkit.14:44
GrueMasterStevenK: Yes, I know.  Will have a list by end of the week.14:44
paulliuThat's all.14:44
NCommanderDid I get everyone?14:45
NCommander[topic] Any other business14:46
MootBotNew Topic:  Any other business14:46
ograas i mentioned before yesterday 10 new armel buildds arrived14:46
ogradavidm carried them by hand to the DC :)14:46
GrueMastercool.  Does that mean we'll have an image soon?14:47
ograthey will have to be set up by IS14:47
ogranot sure what the status on that is14:47
ograi know lool worked on the images for them so they might wait for him to return from holiday before starting to get his instructions14:47
ogragiven that they will likely use USB disks they will be slower than the current ones though14:48
ograwhich means we need to be even more cautious to not fall behind14:48
ograbut that should finally enable us to build armv6+vfp14:49
ogra(which in turn will trigger a full archive rebuild)14:49
ograand likely show new build issues in some packages14:49
ograso please help out on the FTBFS list if you can :)14:50
ogra(after the machines are in place)14:50
ograthats it from me14:50
NCommanderogra, writeup of my current boot proposal moved to the external wiki14:51
NCommanderanyone got anything else?14:51
NCommanderguess not14:52
MootBotMeeting finished at 08:52.14:52
* GrueMaster goes back to bed for a few hours.14:52
=== imlad is now known as imlad|away
=== imlad|away is now known as imlad
Davieyhey \o15:59
jmdaultgood morning15:59
Daviey(afternoon) :)16:00
jmdaultgood timezone ;-)16:00
* mathiaz waves16:00
mathiazlet's get the server team meeting started16:00
MootBotMeeting started at 10:01. The chair is mathiaz.16:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:01
mathiazToday's agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Meeting16:01
mathiazlast week minutes: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/2009081116:01
mathiaz[TOPIC] Asterisk16:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Asterisk16:02
mathiazwhat's the state of pwlib?16:02
mathiazit seems that pwlib was the last blocker to get asterisk 1.6 in ubuntu16:02
Davieymathiaz: no change from me here, since last meeting.16:02
jmdaultpwlib is ok16:02
Davieyjmdault: so you rebuilt pwlib aswell?16:03
Davieyas in, the one in the archive is not good?16:03
jmdaultDaviey: the one in the archive is missing the -dev16:03
Davieyisn't it -develop in the archive?16:03
mathiazjmdault: which package from the ppa should be pushed to karmic?16:04
Davieymathiaz: the pwlib :)16:04
jmdaultmathiaz: all packages =)16:04
Davieyjmdault: http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/libpt-1.10.10-develop16:04
jmdaultDaviey: it didn't seem to match the BuildRequires16:05
mathiazjmdault: ok - next step is to ask for sponsorship then16:05
jmdaultDebian changed the way the pwlib/libpt package is done16:05
mathiazjmdault: I'd suggest to prioritize the package as this is a long list16:05
jmdaultmathiaz: I have 2 core devs at the office16:05
mathiazjmdault: are all the packages required?16:06
Davieyjmdault: it's my understanding that they want to move as much as possible away from pwlib.16:06
mathiazjmdault: core-dev -> great.16:06
jmdaultmathiaz: the most important packages are pwlib and openh32316:06
mathiazjmdault: so you know how the process works16:06
jmdaultmathiaz: as they're the building blocks16:06
mathiazjmdault: ok - so I'd suggest to start by these16:06
mathiazjmdault: and move down the list by priority order16:06
Davieyjmdault: superb.16:07
mathiazanything else to add on this topic?16:07
Davieypwlib -> openh323 -> dahdi* -> asterisk* IMP16:07
jmdaultDaviey: yes16:07
jmdaultmathiaz: there's one thing to add16:07
jmdaultmathiaz: Asterisk 1.6 does not support fax as it used to do16:08
mathiaz[ACTION] jmdault to ask sponsorship for pwlib -> openh323 -> dahdi* -> asterisk* packages16:08
MootBotACTION received:  jmdault to ask sponsorship for pwlib -> openh323 -> dahdi* -> asterisk* packages16:08
jmdault asterisk-app-fax will need to be removed from the repo16:08
jmdaultit's been deprecated since 200716:08
mathiazjmdault: are there any plans to replace it upstream?16:08
Davieyopenh323 rebuild will require rebuild of other packages, inc Ekiga i believe.. but that is the core devs problem not the server team :)16:09
jmdaultmathiaz: Asterisk 1.6 has a bundled fax send and receive function16:09
mathiazjmdault: deprecated -> replaced by something else?16:09
DavieyDigium have a non-free fax app now.. don't they16:09
jmdaultmathiaz: however, the trend is to use iaxmodem + hylafax16:09
Daviey^^ /me does this.. not the cleanest..16:09
jmdaultalso, the asterisk-addons package is not in Debian right now16:10
jmdaultonly in svn16:10
jmdaultso I took the version from svn16:10
mathiazjmdault: so there is a functional equivalent to asterisk-app-fax?16:10
jmdaultmathiaz: yes, asterisk 1.6 provides its own app_fax16:10
mathiazjmdault: ok - asterisk-app-fax can be dropped from the archive as there is functional replacement available in karmic16:11
mathiazok - anything else to add on this topic?16:11
mathiazgreat - let's move on then16:11
mathiaz[TOPIC] Update Ebox to 1.316:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Update Ebox to 1.316:12
mathiazwhat's the state of ebox 1.3?16:12
mathiazfoolano: zul: ^^16:12
foolanopackages are already in the PPA, and I have also attached the diff to the lp bugs16:12
zulits on my plate for this afternoon16:12
mathiazok - seems like everything is on track.16:13
foolanobtw, there's a new dependency that i uploaded to revu and to debian16:13
mathiazFeature Freeze is next week - so plan accordingly16:13
foolanoit made it to the debian archive before, so i dunno what i should do with it16:13
mathiazfoolano: I've read your email to ubuntu-server about slapd and will reply to it later today16:13
zulfoolano: just sync it then16:14
foolanomathiaz: thx :)16:14
mathiazfoolano: if the package is already in the debian archive you can ask for a sync16:14
foolanook :)16:14
mathiazfoolano: but it needs to get passed the NEW queue16:14
mathiazfoolano: the Debian NEW queue16:14
foolanomathiaz: it has already passed the NEW queue16:14
mathiazfoolano: ok - then a Sync request is the next step16:15
mathiaz[ACTION] zul to review ebox 1.3 packages16:15
MootBotACTION received:  zul to review ebox 1.3 packages16:15
mathiazanything else to add on this topic?16:15
mathiazgreat - let's move on16:15
mathiazthat's all from last week minutes16:16
mathiazanything else to add wrt last week meeting?16:16
Davieymathiaz: may i?16:18
mathiazDaviey: I'll get to this one later16:18
mathiazok - let's move on.16:18
mathiaz[TOPIC] SRU weekly review16:18
MootBotNew Topic:  SRU weekly review16:18
mathiazAs announced in the agenda I've put up one more list online16:19
* zul suggests #38213616:19
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~mathiaz/fix-released-bugs.ubuntu-server.2009-08-17.html16:19
mathiazthese bugs have been fixed last week16:19
mathiazwhich are SRU worthy?16:19
mathiazwhich *one* are SRU worthy?16:19
zulbug #382136 the samba one16:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 382136 in samba "Smbd startup failure caused by a failure to create an NT token for the guest account." [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/38213616:20
* ttx suggests to remove open-iscsi from the "server packages" list, since Foundations takes care of it16:20
mathiazttx: ok.16:20
Davieyttx: although isscsi is IMO a "server" thing.. so it would be good for us to help, prod and poke where we can, surely?16:20
ttxack on 382136, it's already accepted16:20
ttxDaviey: I'm not sure we are in the right position to make decisions for that package, like for example SRU acceptations16:23
=== bjf is now known as bjf-afk
mathiazttx: ubuntu-server removed from the open-iscsi bug contact16:23
Davieyttx: sure.16:23
ttxthat doesn't prevent us from helping triaging there :)16:23
mathiazttx: and thus open-iscsi won't show up on the lists anymore16:23
mathiazhow about bug 57974?16:24
ubottuLaunchpad bug 57974 in vtun "VTun client segfault" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/5797416:24
mathiazzul: how did that bug got fix released?16:25
DavieyDoes   Bug #358723:16:25
DavieyThis report is public edit16:25
ubottuLaunchpad bug 358723 in awstats "awstats.pl does not close table row" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/35872316:25
Davieyneed an SRU?16:25
zulmathias: looking at the mailing list archives and the bug is 3 years old as well16:26
ttxDaviey: sounds like an easy workaround, and the bug is quite specific16:26
mathiazDaviey: would it fit any of the criteria of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates?16:26
mathiazzul: upstream mailing list archive?16:26
zulmathiaz: correct16:27
Davieymathiaz: probably not.16:27
mathiazzul: and having a bug 3 years old doesn't mean that it must be fixed16:27
ubottuLaunchpad bug 3 in rosetta "Custom information for each translation team" [Low,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/316:27
mathiazzul: I'd suggest to try to add a reason why the bug is fixed released16:27
zulmathiaz: tracking down the fix might be a bit harder as well16:28
mathiazok - anything else from the list?16:28
zulmathiaz: sure16:28
ttxI'm not sure bug 254687 should be fix-released16:28
ubottuLaunchpad bug 254687 in vsftpd "userlist options doesn't work in vsftpd" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/25468716:28
ttx"What i did is copy and paste users twice in user_list file and it worked" sounds like there is still a bug there16:28
ttxA "low" one, granted, with an easy workaround...16:29
ttxor do I miss something ?16:29
* mathiaz agrees16:29
ttxzul: if you agree, reopen that one.16:30
ttxmathiaz: nothing else in that list I guess16:30
mathiazok - let's move on then16:30
mathiazto the next list16:30
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~mathiaz/nominated-bugs.ubuntu-server.2009-08-17.html16:30
mathiaz^^ these are the bugs that are nominated for each release16:31
mathiazwe should either accept or decline every one of them16:31
mathiazwhich one should be accepted?16:31
ttxI would obviously accept bug 379748, I nominated it :)16:31
ubottuLaunchpad bug 379748 in squid "Please import a fix for Debian bug 513102 (resolvconf integration)" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/37974816:31
ttxI'd also accept bug 27206016:32
ubottuLaunchpad bug 272060 in likewise-open "Missing DDNS update when a domain is joined" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/27206016:32
Davieywell the ones marked with CVE are possibly worthy..16:32
mathiazttx: accepted16:32
ttxDaviey: they are uisually already fixed16:33
ttxjust need some cleanups16:33
ttxI'd accept bug 25374316:33
ubottuLaunchpad bug 253743 in apache2 "[SRU] Add status to init script" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/25374316:33
ttxthat's all for me16:34
mathiazttx: hm - how would it fit under the SRU criteria?16:34
mathiazttx: it's a new feature AFAICT16:35
DavieyI do wonder if 253743 is worth fixing for hardy.. Surely there is a worthy work-around if that bug is a year old?16:35
ttxmathiaz: agreed. Decline it.16:35
MsMacoi would assume the workaround is ps16:35
mathiazok - anything else worth accepting on the nominated list?16:36
mathiazif not, all the remaining bugs should be marked declined16:36
mathiazif not, all the remaining bugs should be declined16:36
Daviey282876 ?16:36
mathiazbug 28287616:37
ttxI will go through the list and accept/fix-released the ones that happen to be already fixed16:37
ubottuLaunchpad bug 282876 in drbd8 "drbd doesn't start on boot" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/28287616:37
zulthe via padlock ones should probably be denied16:37
mathiaz[ACTION] ttx to go throught the list of nominated bugs and decline them16:37
MootBotACTION received:  ttx to go throught the list of nominated bugs and decline them16:37
Sam-I-Amhow do segfault-type bugs get handled?  i have one that belongs to dhcp3, but isn't being worked on...16:37
ttxmathiaz: I'll leave the dubious ones for more fun next week.16:38
mathiazzul: done16:38
mdzSam-I-Am, they generally need to be checked for private information and then made public before most developers can see them16:38
nijabaSam-I-Am: on a server package?  bug # please?16:38
Davieybug 35858916:38
ubottuLaunchpad bug 358589 in dhcp3 "Segmentation fault during peer startup in failover configuration" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/35858916:38
mdzoh, it isn't a crash report16:39
mathiazallright - that's all for the Weekly SRU review16:39
mathiazanything else to add?16:39
mathiaznext week we'll add one more list to review16:39
mathiazwhich the list of accepted bugs and see how things are working there16:40
Sam-I-Ammdz: should that kind of bug become a crash report?16:40
mathiazFYI the whole SRU process is described in the Knowledge base: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase#SRU%20resources16:40
mathiazanything else to add on this topic?16:41
=== bjf-afk is now known as bjf
mathiazlet's move on then16:42
mathiaz[TOPIC] libmysqlclient-dev transition16:42
MootBotNew Topic:  libmysqlclient-dev transition16:42
mathiazsoren: ^^16:42
mathiazwell - I've uploaded a new version of MySQL 5.1 to karmic16:43
mathiazand it was promoted to main yesterday16:43
mathiazthere are a bunch of packages that need to have their dependencies updated in main: libmysqclient15-dev -> libmysqlclient-dev16:43
sorenRight. As a result, packages in main that depend on libmysqlclien15-dev will fail to build, so they need to be updated. There's ~10 packages affected by this, afaics.16:44
mathiazsoren: yes - I've already uploaded a third of them16:44
sorenmathiaz: Ah, yes, so I see :)16:44
mathiazA bunch of them are kde/qt related - I'll ask Riddell about it16:44
mathiazand I'll do the rest16:44
mathiazsoren: anything else to add?16:45
sorenNot really. I was just thinking maybe someone else wanted to do it.16:45
sorenIt's not very sexy, but it's always rewarding to see a package with your name on it get uploaded :)16:45
zulwhat about the packages in universe i forget what about those?16:46
mathiazzul: MySQL 5.0 is still universe for karmic16:46
mathiazgetting rid of 5.0 is a goal for the next release cycle16:46
mathiazdebian is also transitioning from 5.0 to 5.116:47
mathiazso we should get all the benefits in the next cycle16:47
zuland the packages in universe that have the dependency on libmsqlclient-dev15?16:47
sorenzul: It's still in universe, so they're fine.16:47
mathiazzul: and the dependency should be updated in Debian16:48
mathiazzul: while the transition to 5.1 is going on there.16:48
mathiazanything other questions/comments on this topic?16:48
mathiazok - let's move on.16:49
mathiaz[TOPIC] Server tips : implementation16:49
MootBotNew Topic:  Server tips : implementation16:49
mathiazDaviey: ^^?16:49
Davieyah ha!16:49
DavieyOkay, i wrote an update on the ML.. did everyone catch that?16:49
Davieygreat.. So i wanted to quickly talk about process.. I'm not sure it's a good long term plan for just me to approve and commit tips16:50
DavieyWe currently have 32 tips committed.. and translations are doing much better.16:50
nijabaone remark: I think that some of the tips you approve go well beyond 160 chararcters16:50
Davieynijaba: yeah.. i noted this.. it's not a *huge* problem in itself, as if we want to limit to 160 chars, we can poll fortune to only return short (160 ones)16:51
Daviey160 wasn't an random figure :)16:51
mathiazDaviey: IIRC one the proposal was to do a review before an upload16:52
nijabaDaviey: agreed.  Other than that, I have reviewed while translating, and all seem to abide to the rules on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/server-tips16:52
Davieymathiaz: That is great, but how.. Does the weekly meeting really have time to cover any tips from that week?16:52
mathiazDaviey: so you can commit new tips and we can review all of them on a monthly basis before preparing an upload16:52
Davieymakes sense.16:52
mathiazDaviey: sending a monthly email to the mailing list seems a good option16:53
DavieyWould anybody else like to help confirm / committing them?16:53
nijabaDaviey: I volunteer16:53
Davieyhurray o/16:53
mathiazgreat - anything else to add on this topic?16:53
DavieyOne thing.16:53
DavieyI was waiting on better translations and more tips before requesting inclusion in archives16:54
DavieyHow many tips should the target be, before doing this?16:54
mathiazDaviey: well - FeatureFreeze is next week16:54
nijabaDaviey: I don't think volume should count, mostly quality16:54
Davieyso should we get it in, then bump with more tips?16:54
mathiazDaviey: so that's the timeline for Karmic16:54
nijabaDaviey: so please, go ahead16:55
Davieyerm, is the plan still to have it as part of update-motd?16:55
DavieyIn which case, we are looking at main, right?16:55
mathiazDaviey: first universe16:55
nijabaDaviey: yep, kirkland was supposed to give us a one line to drop in update-motd.d16:56
kirklandnijaba: sure, you want that now?16:56
Davieynijaba: well the script to retrieve a locale tip seems to work. so should be easy for kirkland.16:56
mathiazwe're running out of time16:56
nijabakirkland: yep, that would be nice so that Daviey can include it in the package16:56
mathiazso I'd suggest to differ this discussion to #ubuntu-server16:56
kirklandnijaba: i'll get with Daviey later today16:56
mathiazanything else to add?16:56
nijabakirkland: thanks16:56
mathiazanything else to add?16:58
mathiaz[TOPIC] Agree on next meeting date and time16:58
MootBotNew Topic:  Agree on next meeting date and time16:58
mathiaznext week - same place, same time?16:59
Davieysounds good.16:59
mathiazAnd don't forget that Feature Freeze is around the corner16:59
nijabaI'll be off next week, but I'll read the meeting notes :)16:59
jmdaultmathiaz: sounds good16:59
Sam-I-Ammathiaz: one thing... did you get my email about some patches to the build mechanism for openldap?16:59
Sam-I-Ammathiaz: not even sure it made it to the list17:00
mathiazSam-I-Am: I don't think so. Let's take this to #ubuntu-server17:00
mathiazsee you all next week, same place, same time.17:00
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:00.17:00
Davieythanks mathiaz17:00
nijabathank you mathiaz17:01
dhillon-v101hi everyone, I thought this was supposed to be the kernel team meeting17:31
ograin 30min17:32
iuliandhillon-v101: 17:00 UTC.17:32
iulianSo yeah, in 30 minutes.17:33
dhillon-v101iulian: I am really sorry to bother you guys17:33
iulianNo worries.17:34
dhillon-v101iulian: You have a unique name :)17:36
iulianOf course.17:37
dhillon-v101iulian: where are you from? I am from India17:38
iulianI'm currently living in Romania.17:38
dhillon-v101iulian: Cool that's a nice place17:39
bjfsmb, that "vacation" feeling didn't last long did it?17:55
smbbjf, Hehe, it seldomly does, does it? :)17:56
=== lieb_ is now known as lieb
ckinghere we go17:59
* smb activates attention circuits18:00
* apw fades in18:00
ckingRoll Call18:00
* rtg waves18:00
* lieb waves18:00
* ogasawara waves18:00
* pgraner is here18:00
* sconklin here!18:00
dhillon-v101hi everyone18:00
* smb \o18:00
* bjf is ready18:00
* jjohansen1 waves18:00
MootBotMeeting started at 12:00. The chair is cking.18:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]18:00
cking[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting18:00
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting18:00
cking[TOPIC] Open Action Items: (apw) check up on drbd status in dkms package and kernel18:00
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Action Items: (apw) check up on drbd status in dkms package and kernel18:00
apwdammit thats still outstanding18:00
ckingany progress?18:01
dhillon-v101I am a bit new to this meeting  thing can you guys help18:01
cking[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic18:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic18:01
cking[TOPIC] Karmic Release Status: Bugs (Release Meeting Bugs / RC Milestoned Bugs / Release Targeted Bugs)18:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Karmic Release Status: Bugs (Release Meeting Bugs / RC Milestoned Bugs / Release Targeted Bugs)18:01
apwcking, no none, i've added it to my todo for tomomrrow ...18:01
bjfdhillon-v101, sit back and watch a bit, you'll get the hang of it18:01
ogasawaraRelease Meeting Bugs (2 bugs) - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic18:02
ogasawaraRC Milestoned Bugs Alpha 4 (0 bugs) - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+bugs?field.milestone=1271218:02
ogasawaraRelease Targeted Bugs (10 bugs) - https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+source/linux18:02
dhillon-v101bjf: alright thanks18:02
jjohansen1dhillon-v101: also look at the first link its contains the agenda18:02
ckingthanks ogasawara18:02
cking[TOPIC] Karmic Release Status: Milestoned Features18:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Karmic Release Status: Milestoned Features18:02
ogasawaraMilestoned Features - https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+milestone/karmic-alpha-418:02
sconklindhillon-v101: cking is moderating, and using the mootbot to keep meeting notes18:02
dhillon-v101sconklin: alright thanks18:03
cking[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-karmic-hwdb-workshop (ogasawara)18:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-karmic-hwdb-workshop (ogasawara)18:03
ogasawaracking: nothing new to add for this18:03
ckingTOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-karmic-kms (apw)18:03
dhillon-v101cking: hi how are you18:03
apwnothing much going on there.  just more testing18:03
ckinganything notworthy?18:03
apwnothing significant this week no18:04
cking[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-karmic-new-kernel-on-lts (rtg)18:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-karmic-new-kernel-on-lts (rtg)18:04
rtgI've done a bit more on it since last week. I think I'll rework the build before uploading, but I've tested it18:04
rtgon a number of server boxes. Its seems as ready as it ever will, though I do need to get the AppArmor user space18:04
rtgapplication updated.18:04
rtgTalked to kees about AA, he says its SRU'able.18:04
pgranerrtg: this is likely going to be a big one for 10.0418:04
apwrtg will we just update AA wholesale ?18:04
apwor somehow do it as a backport only?18:04
rtgpgraner, yep18:05
pgranerrtg: we need to meet and discuss the supportability18:05
rtgI've been exploring the issues with other teams18:05
amitkrtg: what about other userspace bits?18:05
rtgseems that AA is the biggest support problem18:05
pgranerrtg: good to hear, we can add that to the agend for the Oct sprint18:05
ckingok.. moving on then18:05
rtgif you ignore desktop issues, then all seems to be fine.18:05
* pgraner kicks jjohansen1 18:05
jjohansen1amitk: it is the userspace bits that need updating18:06
cking[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-karmic-review-of-non-upstreamed-code (smb)18:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-karmic-review-of-non-upstreamed-code (smb)18:06
smbI believe I updated the page on the sprint but since then no change. But nearly done.18:06
ckingok, see what happens for next week18:06
cking[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-karmic-android (coolony)18:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-karmic-android (coolony)18:07
apwthat is mostly pending our decision to rip everything which is commented out18:07
ckinganyone able to input for coolony?18:07
apwi think this one is still on hold pending resource18:07
cking[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-karmic-suspend-resume  (manjo)18:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-karmic-suspend-resume  (manjo)18:07
pgranercking: we can drop it, I've deferred18:07
ckingmanjo sends apologies, he's travelling today18:08
* pgraner can't type fast enough18:08
ckingI will slooow down. Sorry18:08
pgranercking: back up for a sec18:08
ckingback to where?18:08
pgranercking: android is off the table for 9.10, since we have turned  on Bender that should work for anyone wanting to try it18:08
pgranercking: with our kernel, much like OEM did for the demo18:08
rtgpgraner, isn't Bender a cartoon character?18:09
pgranerrtg: typo18:09
smbrtg, Futurama18:09
pgranerrtg: trying to type to fast18:09
rtgadult swim :)18:09
cking[TOPIC] Other Release Tasks: AppArmour (jjohansen)18:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Other Release Tasks: AppArmour (jjohansen)18:09
jjohansen1lp #359338 - ecryptfs, is wip part 1 should be done today18:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 359338 in linux "apparmor paths are broken when using ecryptfs on jaunty" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/35933818:09
apwiiuc that means we have a viable automatic work around once we have part 118:10
jjohansen1I have also fixed several other bugs that security team have brought up18:10
ckingok - so parts 2..N still coming along for 35933818:10
jjohansen1with part 1 the security team can update the policy enough to make it work18:10
jjohansen1I can't see part2 or 3 hitting in Karmic18:10
apwso that takes the sting out of the bug for both ecryptfs and aufs use?18:11
jjohansen1but part1 is sufficeint for current policy18:11
apwgood news, thankis18:11
ckinggreat. moving on then18:11
jjohansen1it works because of how we mount them18:11
cking[TOPIC] Other Release Tasks: ARM-Freescale (amitk, bjf)18:11
MootBotNew Topic:  Other Release Tasks: ARM-Freescale (amitk, bjf)18:11
rtgI'm working on rebasing fsl-imx51 against 2.6.31-rc6 along with new debian build infrastructure.18:11
bjfI've reapplied all FSL patches (including the latest ER9-SP) on Jaunty and issued a pull reques18:11
bjfAlso applied the latest 9 patches from the Marvell tree to the Karmic tree and issued a pull request.18:11
bjfWill be reviewing the dove config next.18:11
amitkI've been mostly testing the initial imx51 builds and fixing the ethernet driver for the babbage board18:12
ckinganything else?18:12
amitkWorking through the specs of the ethernet chip now18:12
cking[TOPIC] Other Release Tasks: Karmic General Status (rtg, apw)18:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Other Release Tasks: Karmic General Status (rtg, apw)18:12
* cking prods rtg, apw..18:13
rtgapw, I've been focused on arm this week. What have you been doing for Karmic?18:13
apwmost of the work going on here is on regression-potential's we have on our lists18:13
apwmostly confirming they are fixed by the updates to -rc618:14
rtgcking,  uploaded -rc6 rebase18:14
apwmost of the developement effort is in support of the new arm branches in the main tree18:14
ckingpainful progress, but required18:15
apwas one would hope the rate of change both in our side, and in linus' tree is slowing18:15
ckingok, anymore?18:15
apwnothign herre18:15
cking[TOPIC] Security & bugfix kernels - Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (smb)18:15
MootBotNew Topic:  Security & bugfix kernels - Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (smb)18:15
smb* Dapper:   2.6.15-54.78 (security, new security release in progress)18:15
smb* Hardy:    2.6.24-24.57 (security, new security release in progress)18:15
smb            2.6.24-24.58 (proposed, starved in accept queue)18:15
smb            Will re-upload proposed after security updates18:15
smb* Intrepid: 2.6.27-14.37 (security, new security release in progress)18:15
smb            2.6.27-14.38 (proposed+security)[20] with 8/24 verifications18:15
smb            [replacement ready to include security]18:15
smb* Jaunty:   2.6.28-15.48 (updates, new security release in progress)18:15
smb            \o/ big proposed update made it into updates!18:15
smbThe security packages are just now in the oven and should be baked soon.18:15
smbReplacement for Intrepid proposed is in place to be accepted.18:15
* apw points out the jaunty update ... finally that biggy with the stable update made it into -updates18:16
ckingthanks smb18:16
smbYeah, this helps a lot18:16
cking[TOPIC] Netbook Trees: status (sconklin)18:16
MootBotNew Topic:  Netbook Trees: status (sconklin)18:16
sconklinThe Jaunty LBM was branched for netbook last week (by apw). That's about it.18:17
apwwe are also trying to solidify process for direct uploads to the trees18:17
ckingany idea of any patches coming down the pipe?18:17
apwas we will have some new security uploads soon for jaunty at least18:17
cking[TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Regressions (ogasawara)18:18
apwwe are hoping for clarification on the karmic patch stack18:18
MootBotNew Topic:  Incoming Bugs: Regressions (ogasawara)18:18
ogasawaraThere was 1 kernel config regression but it's been resolved by Luke.18:18
ogasawaraI'd also note a few others seems to have been resolved with -rc618:18
ckingstill too early to see if rc6 introduces any more regressions?18:18
apwyeah we don't have that big a testing base as yet18:19
ogasawaracking: I've been monitoring and have seen maybe 1 or 2 get tagged as regressions18:19
apwas we near beta it is increasing as is the regression count18:19
ckingmoving on..18:19
cking[TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (ogasawara)18:19
MootBotNew Topic:  Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (ogasawara)18:19
ogasawaraOff to a slow start, but current progress can be seen at:18:19
MootBotLINK received:  http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ogasawara/kernel-bugday/20090818.html18:19
ckingany community input?18:20
apwyeah not had a chance to look at mine as yet, hoping to get to them tommorrow18:20
ogasawaracking: not yet :(18:20
ckingthanks ogasawara18:21
cking[TOPIC] Open discussion or Questions: Anyone have anything?18:21
MootBotNew Topic:  Open discussion or Questions: Anyone have anything?18:21
apwdhillon-v101, have anything18:21
dhillon-v101yah I wanted to know more about how I can help18:21
ogasawaradhillon-v101: I'd be more than happy to get you started18:22
apwsounds good, if you are interesting in how you can help i recon thats a discussion for over on #ubuntu-kernel, we always are keen for help18:22
dhillon-v101thanks bjf told me you would help me out18:22
pgranerReminder for the community the Ubuntu Kernel Team will be at Atlanta LinuxFest doing various things... talks, driver hacking session and karmic hw testing18:22
pgranerIts on 19 Sep http://atlantalinuxfest.org18:22
ogasawaradhillon-v101: jump on #ubuntu-kernel after the meeting and we'll talk more18:22
dhillon-v101ogasawara: thank you very much18:23
ckingAnything else?18:23
pgranerFor the team if you have a blog get the word out18:23
amitkjames_w had a question18:23
james_wapw: I've definitely seen a drop in interactive performance under I/O load again since the heydey of early karmic, any chance we could get back to that point?18:23
james_wI know you had an idea about which patches were credited with that improvement18:23
apwjames_w, the only one i found to be outstanding in the mix was the -rc which had18:24
apwbroken load average18:24
apwi am still not finding it as bad as jaunty, but not as good as that was18:24
james_wI agree18:24
apwi suspect there is an intereaction there18:24
apwi haven't had a chance to investigate more than that18:25
ckingperhaps filing a bug to raise it's profile and keep this one tracked?18:25
james_wI can do that, though it won't be a very informed report18:25
apwi think there is one, searching for 'heavy i/o load' i think18:26
ckingright.. any other open questions...18:26
cking[TOPIC] Next Meeting Chair: Manoj Iyer18:27
MootBotNew Topic:  Next Meeting Chair: Manoj Iyer18:27
apwheh, as he is off, he didn't complain ... ship it :)18:27
rtgall opposed?18:27
james_wbug 131094?18:27
ubottuLaunchpad bug 131094 in linux "Heavy Disk I/O harms desktop responsiveness" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/13109418:27
apwjames_w, sounds about right18:27
james_wsubscribed, thanks18:28
ckingManoj it is18:28
ckingThink that's all18:28
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:28.18:28
smbwhat happended to 3 and 2 ?18:28
apwi optimised them out18:28
ckingapw expedited me18:28
apwcking, thanks!18:29
ckingthanks everyone18:29
smbcking, +118:29
* apw gives cking a dholbach style hug18:29
ckingcheers. That's my first meeting - not so bad after all18:29
=== ember_ is now known as ember
=== fader is now known as fader|lunch
=== vorian is now known as rofl
=== fader|lunch is now known as fader
=== jdstrand_ is now known as jdstrand
JanCwho's here for the loco council meeting?20:02
* sbc listens in20:02
JanCjuliux: ping?20:02
Flare183JanC: I am.20:03
juliuxhalf here20:04
juliuxi am haveing a phone conference atm20:04
JanCthere isn't much on the agenda (no approvals), but I think effie_jayx was going to say something about the loco directory ?20:05
effie_jayxjust to give a quick update and answer a few q's on the LoCo Directory and how it will be integrated to the way team data i handled20:06
effie_jayxrigght now the frist reelase is coded, iut has been reviewed by folks at canonical20:07
effie_jayxand we are just waiting for it to be put online. according to jono it should be another week or so.20:07
effie_jayxthe loco directory will replase the Big LoCo team list that has served us as a way to find the relevant info for teams20:08
effie_jayxwe are still defining de details for release 0.2, and it seems we will be adding more features soon20:10
effie_jayxif you want to keep uip with the latest info on the directory the pleace to check is https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoDirectory20:10
effie_jayxand I am happy to answer some q's from the Council if you have any20:11
JanCand questions from other people who follow the meeting are welcome too I guess  ツ20:12
effie_jayxany questions at all?20:12
greg-gyes: how awesome with the loco directory be?20:13
jacobis there a (public) running instance of this somewhere to preview without having to branch & install?20:13
Davieygreg-g: Really AWESOME.20:13
effie_jayxgreg-g, initially it just replaces the funtionality of the big list20:13
greg-gDaviey: awesome. thanks!20:13
greg-geffie_jayx: awesome.20:13
effie_jayxit does provide launchpad integration20:13
effie_jayxfor date20:13
* greg-g appologizes, he seems to have caught something from jcastro20:14
Davieyeffie_jayx: read only, i assume?20:14
popeyDaviey: yes, we maintain a list of non-approved and approved locos in launchpad20:14
effie_jayxDaviey, it only takes names and other important data from the already created team in launchpad20:14
popeydata is plucked from that20:14
effie_jayxit does so throuigh the launchpad api20:14
effie_jayxso the integration with launchpad makes it really usefull20:15
effie_jayxwe are hoping to have more features that can cmplement the social part that laucnhpad can't cover20:16
effie_jayxlike knowing wehat events each teams has20:16
effie_jayxand maybe sharing pics there20:16
effie_jayxblueprints are always welcome20:17
* Daviey did start making a locomap that i intended to merge with the project.20:17
effie_jayxI am working on the xml file as we speak20:18
Davieyeffie_jayx: the stuff i did was based on json output.20:18
effie_jayxeven more vcariants20:19
effie_jayxwe already have 2 proposals for maps and we are intereted in checking more out20:19
effie_jayxthe mopre diversity the better20:19
Davieyi pulled in data before there was a loco team, so i had to add teams manually20:19
effie_jayxlooks awesome20:21
effie_jayxif ther is anything we can do to ease the pain let us know20:22
effie_jayxa bug report with any data output perhaps20:22
Davieywell i haven't touched that code for 4 months.. i showed it to jono and well.. stayed there :)20:22
effie_jayxlooks cool20:22
effie_jayxwell maybe we can keep in touch about this and see how we can make it grab data from the django app itself20:23
effie_jayxI am already doing this for a drupal integration effort20:23
Daviey^^ that is a django app, so should be pretty trival20:23
Davieyi've got my own database scheme pulling in data from lp, but shouldn't be too much effort to pull that out.20:24
effie_jayxDaviey, we did that as well20:25
effie_jayxany more questions?20:26
popeynone here20:26
popeythanks for the update effie_jayx20:26
effie_jayxI am done :D20:26
effie_jayxno problem20:26
popeyshort meeting :)20:27
effie_jayxlovely meeting20:27
JanCsomeone has another question?20:27
JanC(not about the loco directory I mean)20:28
effie_jayxI have another thing to mention20:28
effie_jayxnot related to the loco directory20:29
=== ember_ is now known as ember
effie_jayxmmm it seems better for a loco team meeting20:29
effie_jayxJanC, adjourn?20:31
JanCwell, if nobody has anything more to say or ask, we can close the meeting I suppose  :-)20:31
JanCthanks everybody20:32
effie_jayxthanks JanC popey20:33
=== fader is now known as fader|away
=== rofl is now known as marvelous
=== imlad is now known as imlad|away
=== asac_ is now known as asac

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!