pleia2alright folks, time for the ubuntu community learning project meeting02:00
MootBotMeeting started at 20:00. The chair is pleia2.02:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]02:00
pleia2[TOPIC] Workflow and Document formats02:00
MootBotNew Topic:  Workflow and Document formats02:00
pleia2so currently our workflow is: write .odt documents, commit to bzr, release as pdfs02:00
pleia2doctormo, BiosElement, can you go into why this isn't optimal?02:01
dindapleia2: I can make some general statements why that not might be optimal02:02
pleia2dinda: great, go ahead :)02:03
dinda1. the html odt creates is often not the best02:03
dindavery messy02:03
dinda2. bzr can be a barrier to entry for new folks02:03
ScottKCan bzr diff .odts?02:04
BiosElementI'll chime in and also state a major advantage is revision control can record each line change. Also a consistent format can be difficult to keep.02:04
dinda3. pdfs then add another step to the overall process02:04
doctormoScottK: Not really, it's a zip file02:04
dindaScottK: I don't think so02:04
dindaa zip file?  then you really can't do diffs can you?02:05
doctormopleia2: OK to begin, the rationale for using bzr is that revision control and distribution takes advantage of a lot of work already done on tools and places to store in development materials so the whole community can get a tthem.02:05
ScottKYou can't really do revision control on binary files (like zips), AFAICT.02:06
dindaexcept does that really gain you anything if you can't have diffs?02:06
BiosElementdinda, I think so. It makes collaborating much easier.02:06
pleia2only ease of collaboration02:06
dindabzr was used when we did the desktop course but we were using docbook02:07
BiosElementAlso if you decide you didn't like a change you made last week/month, you can find it again.02:07
doctormohttp://imagebin.ca/view/03hE4BoC.html <- If you look at this screen shot, you can see my "easy to get" project tool for lowing the barrier for bzr and launchpad02:07
MootBotLINK received:  http://imagebin.ca/view/03hE4BoC.html <- If you look at this screen shot, you can see my "easy to get" project tool for lowing the barrier for bzr and launchpad02:07
dindabut you still have to know what you're getting . . .02:07
doctormoI believe that the current CLI based tools aren't easy enough, but it can be made easier and I think we should make it so.02:08
dindaseems the issue comes down to what type of contributors you want at this level?02:08
pleia2doctormo: you also mentioned that odt makes translations and such tricky?02:08
doctormo(I'm not going to get into data formats yet as that is a seperate thing from workflow)02:08
dindadoctormo: but it does affect it02:08
doctormodinda: Correct, but we'll get to that, I want to deal with the bzr concerns first02:09
dindab/c if you want easy translations as part of the workflow02:09
pleia2I think we can agree that lacking diffs with binary files (like .odt) is a problem and we probably want to go with something that is RCS friendly02:09
pleia2dinda: are there tools that make docbook easier to work with?02:09
dindawe haven't found any Moodle plug-ins or anything other process control for RCS within moodle yet02:09
dindabelieve me I've been searching for a way to marry RCS with Moodle02:10
pleia2I'm also wondering if we can accept course drafts and then have team members translate to docbook (I wouldn't mind doing a bit of this)02:10
doctormoThe advantage to using bzr/launchpad combo is that not only can we take avantage of collaberation dynamic mixing but we can also import the text strings into the community translation tools so long as we can make pot files.02:10
BiosElementdinda, Couldn't the "course/textbook" be seperate from moodle itself?02:10
pleia2BiosElement: yeah, I think we could import stuff into moodle as html - so whatever tool we use (docbook, whatever) we export to html02:11
* doctormo gives up, lets talk about formats then02:11
dindadoctormo: can you use odt files to make pot files?02:11
doctormodinda: Not that I know of02:11
BiosElementpleia2, But would that be ideal? IIRC moodle didn't have the best system for managing actual textbook style pages.02:11
pleia2moodle will be the last step in this process, once the corse is completed02:11
doctormoindeed, moodle is the publishing target02:12
dindalinuxchix uses moodle as both the development tool and publishing tool02:13
dindait's simple and low barrier to entry02:13
pleia2ah, interesting02:13
doctormodinda: Aye, but development wise, it's got problems with permissions.02:13
dindadoctormo: only at the admin level02:13
dindayou can customise course creators and/or teachers, any role with custom permissions02:14
doctormodinda: Differences between writers, drafters, reviewers and artists. I'm not confident in moodle as a development platform. I'02:14
doctormom used to better tools02:14
dindadoctormo: dunno, we've been using it with those various roles pretty well02:15
BiosElementJust to be frank, I think the way moodle manages actual "documents" is horrid. I think it's best to keep the actual course books separate.02:15
dindaI make my reviewers student in a development course but the final course is a copied final published course02:15
doctormodinda: It also doesn't help that my 7 calls for internal team training from those that know moodle has fallen flat. Ignored. Since I was the only one developing, I can only use tools I know how to use.02:15
BiosElementI'd much rather see a moodle page giving an overview and saying "Read this page (link)".02:16
pleia2doctormo: did you read the moodle course that cprofitt put up?02:16
pleia2that's what we have for internal team training right now02:16
doctormopleia2: Yes, and from that I wasn't impressed with the tools.02:16
dindaBiosElement: then you kind of defeat the whole purpose of having a Moodle LMS why not just a drupal site?02:16
pleia2ok, just making sure :)02:16
dindadoctormo: your frustration is what I feel whenever i try to use Bzr ;)02:17
doctormodinda: If moodle can manage publication and course management. Then it's useful.02:17
BiosElementdinda, Because moodle can manage the courses, messaging, etc. I don't think moodle itself is bad, I just think it'll be a mess to manage course books using it.02:17
doctormodinda: But I'm willing to fix the problems with bzr/launchpad as shown, there is not expertiese to fix moodle problems.02:17
dindaok, so we're back to who do you want writing courses?  what kind of contributor?  only those with LP/bzr knowledge?02:18
doctormoAlthough I'm willing to change my mind, if I can be educated (not just RTFMed) on moodle and it can be shown to provide the same kind of community collaberation.02:19
doctormodinda: Why would you need bzr/lp knowlege?02:19
dindadoctormo: very interesting b/c I've heard the same from another techy in regards to trying to use Moodle whereas I find Moodle easy and Bzr the harder problem02:19
BiosElementdinda, Your sticking point is bzr/lp. Firstly, it's not that hard and doctormo is working on making it easier. Secondly, I'd question if someone was going to teach a class and refused to learn anything themselves.02:20
dindaBiosElement: yet it sounds like no one wants to learn Moodle better02:20
pleia2dinda: I think the major problem is that we don't have any moodle experts on the team02:20
doctormoBiosElement: that's true, but we do have to make the barrier to entry rediculasly easy.02:21
doctormodinda: What's hard about going into a directory and clicking on "Add Project" and getting all the files? Editing all the files and then clicking on another button that says "Publish My Changes"02:21
BiosElementJust to throw this out there, since drupal was mentioned would 'that' be an easier platform to work with?02:22
doctormoBiosElement: Requires devel right?02:22
dindamoodle already has the custom interface, navigation for basic courses. . .02:23
BiosElementdoctormo, What does? Drupal? I could probably get it setup if someone would design a style for it.02:23
dindaBiosElement: Popey has used it for the new screencast site02:23
doctormodinda: I'm willing to learn moodle, if anyone was willing to teach it.02:23
dindadoctormo: this is where the edubuntu team might be called on. .02:23
dindasurely someone over there is using it02:24
BiosElementdoctormo, I'm happy to learn moodle too. I 'do know drupal though if it's needed.02:24
dindadoctormo: I'd offer some time but today is literally the first day in months I've had to do any community time02:24
doctormodinda: Proponents for moodle teaching etc etc02:24
pleia2doctormo: if I found someone to help out, would you be willing to walk through adding one of our existing courses to moodle and the workflow?02:25
* dinda goes through her list of Moodle-ites from other open source projects. . . 02:25
doctormodinda: I'm not trying to be a pain, but we can really only work with resources that are available, people's time is just as much of a resource that must be managed.02:25
doctormopleia2: Of course, we have a moodle site02:25
dindadoctormo: totally understand02:25
BiosElementI'm with doctormo. I don't mean to offend anyone or step on toes.02:25
pleia2ok, so important thing - find a moodle expert whose brain we can use :)02:26
dindadoctormo: it's just a different pain point for you with moodle like it is for me with bzr02:26
doctormodinda: You can be my guienea pig for whatever I come up with for lowing that pain02:27
dindacan anyone think of other projects where we can find a moodle person?02:27
pleia2[ACTION] Find Moodle expert02:27
MootBotACTION received:  Find Moodle expert02:27
dindaok, so lets go back to workflow for a moment02:28
dindait really doesn't matter what the original content is written but if you know you're ultimately publishing in Moodle then you need it to be html and preferably moodle-html friendly02:29
dindaotherwise you just get a list of links to pages, which could just as easily be any webpage02:29
* dinda goes to see if I can find an example to demo. . .02:30
MootBotLINK received:  http://docs.moodle.org/en/HTML_in_Moodle02:30
dindai know when we tried to copy and paste from odt it was horrid ugly results02:31
pleia2good to know02:31
dindawe had to have the webmaster add styles to the overall site and that can be a real issue if the server is also hosting other sites02:31
ScottKFor your Moodle expert, you might want to mail the edubuntu list.  Edubuntu has Moodle, so you might find someone.02:32
doctormodinda: OK this is where BiosElement's new sphinx format comes in02:32
dindaI'll take the action to email the edubuntu list02:32
doctormodinda: not only is it easier to get into pot files for lp translations, but it converts to html first and then into pdf/odf later02:32
pleia2I think the server is just running moodle right now02:32
doctormoBiosElement: Can you explain the process?02:33
BiosElementSure thing02:33
BiosElementBasically you create a formatted text file using reStructuredText. You then simply "make html" and it compiles into formatted html files. You can see an example with the python docs.02:34
doctormoSo far this process is just research, but it looks very promising so long as we can run some contributor user tests to make sure it's easy to use.02:37
dindaBiosElement: is reStructuredText a format?  or application that creates the text file?02:37
doctormodinda: It seems similar to writing wiki pages.02:38
doctormodinda: except that02:38
pleia2is there a benefit to using reStructuredText over DocBook?02:38
pleia2either way you need to learn some kind of syntaxing, and docbook is more popular02:39
doctormopleia2: DocBook has not been investigated yet02:39
pleia2personally I'd much rather learn docbook02:39
doctormoBiosElement: Would you be willing to look into docbook and doing a branch that uses it?02:39
BiosElementdinda, I haven't researched docbook yet but I recall the python team doing so and creating their own. Regardless I'll look into it02:39
dindaWe use Docbook for various things.  . . it's just as painful as anything else ;)02:40
dindabut the Doc Team also uses it so that was an advantage for us02:40
* dinda wonders what happens when you paste a wiki page into Moodle. . .02:41
doctormopleia2: If BiosElement can learn DocBook, then we not only can get a fair comparison, but also might be able to take the best ideas from both02:41
pleia2I've only used docbook briefly in one project, the advantage of it being a sort of "industry standard" is big02:42
doctormoAll I'm concerned about is that I can make my course modual, I can collaberate with drafters and editors easily and that it will export to pdf files for my physical students. Translations, html output and publishing vectors for online courses are all my team concerns.02:43
pleia2I don't have tons of time to learn things, need to consider marketable skills ;) I'm sure I'm not the only one02:43
dindadoctormo: docbook does make nice PDFs. . .02:44
doctormopleia2: Sure, do you know of any docbook editors? gui ones? can you combine multiple docbook files into one?02:44
dindadoctormo: lots of docbook folks on the doc team,  gui editors - I used Bluefish02:45
dindaand yes you can combiine multiple files into one book02:45
doctormodinda: Sounds like we have a lot of research to do.02:45
dindadoctormo: where you lost time - as in any process is in the publishing, aka Make step02:46
dindayou make the changes in text, then each time you want a new pdf, you have to remake the book again02:46
dindaeven to change a comma!02:46
BiosElementdinda, Make step for what? It takes 5 seconds. I think that's a non-issue.02:46
doctormoYes of course, that's why you publish versions.02:46
dindaBiosElement: not in my experience, do a Make, go get coffee, wait, but then my book was over 400 pages02:47
dindaand 528 images02:47
doctormoyes that makes sense02:47
doctormoOK we're comming up to 47 mins for this meeting, pleia2 do we have some more action items and conclusions?02:48
BiosElementdinda, I tried it with the python docs and it was finished before I could even switch over to check the html folder. Images probably slowed it.02:48
* doctormo doesn't think any book/pdf should ever be more than 20 pages.02:48
dindaokay, email sent to edubuntu list02:49
pleia2doctormo: I think we're set, let's just wrap up02:49
doctormopleia2: over to you02:49
pleia2so in addition to finding a moodle person02:50
pleia2[ACTION] Explore DocBook option02:50
MootBotACTION received:  Explore DocBook option02:50
dindaCan I ask where we are on the Server hosting issue?02:50
pleia2dinda: for now we're still up at learn.ubft.net02:50
pleia2I think we want to keep moving forward with course development in spite of our uncertainty for final formats, stalling more is bad bad :)02:51
pleia2we can always convert things from .odt later02:51
pleia2if people want to contribute but have trouble with bzr, they can ask one of us who is familiar with it to upload for collaboration02:51
pleia2BiosElement: if you do have a draft of how to use bzr for now, that'd be helpful02:52
pleia2I keep giving people the irc log02:52
dindaare you forcing anyone who wants to write a course to use Bzr?02:52
pleia2dinda: no, as I say, one of us can upload it for now if they can't/don't want to02:52
pleia2until we have a better collaboration method02:53
pleia2for now we need *somewhere* we all can get to, and bzr is what we have in place02:53
dindapleia2: but if someone just wanted to develop a course in Moodle. . . okay, you've just lost all nontechnical contributors02:53
pleia2dinda: but we don't know moodle yet, I don't want to wait another 2 months to do development :(02:54
pleia2this is just a temporary collaboratoin measure until we have something better02:54
dindaI'm trying to understand where you guys are stuck with Moodle?02:54
dindadoctormo: where is the sticking point?02:54
doctormodinda: Don't know how to use it02:54
dindawho are the current Moodle server admins?02:55
dindaand how does one request that they want to create a course there?02:56
pleia2the server itself, or moodle admins?02:56
pleia2bodhi is the server admin, he added all board members as moodle admins (which includes doctormo and myself)02:56
pleia2but we don't have a clue as to how to use it02:56
dindaCan I request to be made a Moodle admin? and maybe I can help out gettign courses started02:57
pleia2I think that'll be fine :)02:57
* dinda can't believe she just asked for yet admin on yet another moodle instance02:57
dindaIf they can set me up as an admin, we use next Monday night's slot for some Moodle instruction02:58
dindapleia2: can you take an action to request I be given admin on the server?02:59
dindaI'll take an action to be here next Monday evening, same bat time to answer any getting started questions02:59
doctormoSounds good, I'll have the action of attending, remember to send an email to the list03:00
pleia2dinda: I just added you03:00
dindawe can do it i n#ubuntu-learning for next week03:00
pleia2dinda: learn.ufbt.net - login with your launchpad.net/~dinda account03:00
dindaemail sent to edubuntu list as well asking for Moodle person03:01
pleia2[ACTION] dinda added as Moodle Admin03:01
MootBotACTION received:  dinda added as Moodle Admin03:01
dindaand nobody tell my boss, okay!  ;)03:01
* pleia2 chuckles03:01
* dinda can hear elmo laughing right now03:01
doctormook, i'll continue to see what can be done for lowering bzr/lp access. BiosElement can deal with formats, pleia2and dinda can look into publishing. Sounds like we got a plan :-D03:01
pleia2thanks everyone!03:02
dindadoctormo: yes, pleas continue on that front as well!03:02
dindathanks all03:02
doctormotime to get back home, I've been enjoying tea at a friend's house03:02
doctormothanks all03:02
MootBotMeeting finished at 21:03.03:03
=== edson is now known as ecanto
=== zul_ is now known as zul
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
=== asac_ is now known as asac
gQuigscommunity council meeting?11:23
sbcgQuigs: I tink it may be in one hour. But the info at the fridge, and the CCAgenda wiki page are inconsistent. I don't know which is the one to go by.11:29
gQuigsyea I noticed that as well.. oh well... just trying to see if I can show up on time to meetings :)11:34
czajkowskisbc: aye tis a bit confusing alright.11:36
mezam I too late for the meeting?11:41
czajkowskimez: we're not sure it's on, wiki conflicts with calender11:41
mezWiki says it's in 15 mins...11:42
=== mez is now known as Mez
Mez# 11:00 UTC, 3rd Tuesday of the month11:43
Mezit's the third tuesday.11:43
Mez Tue Sep 15 10:43:28 UTC 200911:43
Mez(date --utc)11:43
looldyfet, plars, GrueMaster, StevenK, ogra, paulliu, persia, amitk, bfiller: hey14:01
=== imlad|away is now known as imlad
* StevenK shores14:01
* ogra burps14:01
MootBotMeeting started at 08:01. The chair is NCommander.14:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]14:01
looldavidm: Hey14:01
* NCommander groans his way to life14:01
loolnjpatel: Hey14:02
NCommander[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2009/2009091514:02
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2009/2009091514:02
NCommander[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Roadmap14:03
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Roadmap14:03
* NCommander waits for people14:04
NCommanderso whos here?14:04
* ogra isnt ...14:05
loolNCommander: All the people who said "Hey" or "Hi" or something else in the last 5 minutes?14:05
JamieBennett hi all14:05
loolHey JamieBennett!14:05
NCommandermorning bjf14:05
ograJamieBennett, !!!14:05
* bjf sorry, chatting away elsewhere 14:05
ograwelcome !14:05
NCommanderJamieBennett, !^1014:05
bjfmorning all14:05
loolNCommander: Ok; let's move on14:06
NCommander[topic] Action Item Review14:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Action Item Review14:06
loolNCommander: I updated agenda a couple of seconds ago to cover an action which hadn't been closed in a meeting14:06
NCommander[topic] NCommander to create netboot install for z0 [co]14:06
MootBotNew Topic:  NCommander to create netboot install for z0 [co]14:06
ograyou missed one14:07
looldoesn't matter, we'll cover later14:07
NCommanderogra, I didn't feel like re-copy and pasting :-P, I'll get it after this one14:07
NCommanderc/o still14:07
NCommander[topic] dyfet to get lxde-meta sponsored [co]14:07
MootBotNew Topic:  dyfet to get lxde-meta sponsored [co]14:07
davidmhey lool14:07
loolSo lubuntu-meta was uploaded14:07
loolBy Julien Lavergne14:07
looldyfet: Kind of14:07
ogradyfet, broken though, please remove ubiquity from the desktop seed14:08
ograits definately wrong there14:08
dyfetHmm...it must be inherited then...okay, I can do that14:08
ograit was explicitly added according to the changelog of the upload14:08
looldyfet: I wonder why the seeds are in +junk instead of, well, ubuntu-seeds?14:08
ogra * Added ubiquity-frontend-gtk to desktop14:09
NCommander[action] dyfet to remove ubiquty from lubuntu desktop seed14:10
MootBotACTION received:  dyfet to remove ubiquty from lubuntu desktop seed14:10
dyfethmm...was not added by me...that was the point of not having an open release team :)14:10
NCommanderAnything else on this one?14:10
ograNCommander, can you change that action to "dyfet to clean up the lubuntu seeds"14:11
dyfetJulian added it :)14:11
looldyfet: Can I action you to fix the bzr URL?14:11
NCommander[action] dyfet to clean up the lubuntu seeds14:11
MootBotACTION received:  dyfet to clean up the lubuntu seeds14:11
looland get that sponsored14:11
ograi suspect there is a lot of other stuff to clean up14:11
loolOk I guess that covers it14:11
dyfetlool: yes on bzr also14:11
NCommander[topic] # lool to switch moblin p3a to public14:11
MootBotNew Topic:  # lool to switch moblin p3a to public14:11
loolSo I tried that14:11
loolBut you cant do that14:12
loolBecause private PPAs use a separate librarian etc.14:12
loolSo instead we need to copy/move the packages to a public PPA14:12
loolSince the jaunty PPA was still used for OEM builds, and it was just before a milestone we deferred14:12
NCommanderyou have to do it manually14:12
loolIdeally we'd merge this with the ~moblin PPA stuff14:12
loolOr just copy everything to another public PPA if we're lazy14:13
loolWe need to discuss next steps with rest of moblin team14:13
paulliuMinor problem is the new public PPA have to increase the quota because I remember we enlarge the quote twice for that private PPA.14:13
loolSo I propose closing this action and we will setup a meeting with ~ubuntu-moblin to discuss next steps14:13
NCommanderpaulliu, just file a question against Soyuz to get that bumped14:13
loolpaulliu: Good point; that speaks in favor of reusing the ~moblin PPA14:14
NCommander[action] lool to setup meeting with ubuntu-moblin and report back here w/ results14:14
MootBotACTION received:  lool to setup meeting with ubuntu-moblin and report back here w/ results14:14
NCommander[action] paulliu to file question against soyuz on PPA size14:14
MootBotACTION received:  paulliu to file question against soyuz on PPA size14:14
loolWell not sure we want that but we will sort it out14:14
NCommanderThat all on this one?14:15
NCommander[topic] UMR Discussion (Leader: lool) (Time: 15m)14:15
MootBotNew Topic:  UMR Discussion (Leader: lool) (Time: 15m)14:15
loolOh we have a time limit now, interesting14:15
NCommanderlool, tired of going over14:15
NCommanderfigure its a good way to get people to self-regulate14:15
loolwe didn't run over in the last two weeks and first two weeks where we had UMR status...   :)14:16
loolSo moblin status is relatively poor14:16
loolThe biggest issue is the port of moblin upstream sources to the new telepathy-mission-control14:16
loolWe cant build images again before that's done, or we will have to revert to an older t-m-c which is going the wrong way about this14:16
loolApart of that, syncs to karmic happened, we need to proceed with the next round of karmic merges next week14:17
loolThe more karmic, the less pain14:17
loolThere's also talk about compliance efforts; we want to start looking at fixing compliance issues14:17
loolI think that's all I have; paulliu14:18
loolpaulliu: anything on your side?14:18
loolNothing on https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+bugs?field.subscriber=ubuntu-moblin except the approved FFE14:18
paulliulool: No. That's all.14:18
loolActually we should file that tmc issue14:18
loolpaulliu: Mind filing a bug on the tmc issue?14:19
loolpaulliu: +target at karmic14:19
paulliulool: So I'll look into that t-m-c.14:19
paulliulool: ok.14:19
loolpaulliu: Over next week we need to update the list of packages which can be pushed to karmic for round 214:19
plarslool: there are bugs against it, just haven't been through the review and subscription yet14:19
loolNCommander: Done with UMR14:19
paulliulool: Against Ubuntu or ~ubuntu-moblin?14:19
loolpaulliu: Just sub ~ubuntu-movlin14:19
paulliulool: ok.14:19
loolpaulliu: and if it's in Ubuntu, target to the karmic release14:20
NCommander[topic] UNR Status (leader: StevenK} (timelimit 15 minutes)14:20
MootBotNew Topic:  UNR Status (leader: StevenK} (timelimit 15 minutes)14:20
loolStevenK: Hey14:21
loolNCommander: You might want to tell people in advance of the leader concept next time  :-)14:21
loolSo UNR status is pretty good14:21
loolAll tarballs uploaded14:21
* NCommander notes the leader concept was invited like ten minutes ago14:21
loolI think we're uptodate with seed changes too14:21
StevenKThe livefses are buildable, no real OMGKITTENS bugs, etc14:22
loolWhat's upcoming is finishing various DX stuff as new tarball releases14:22
* ogra thought he saw lool requesting the leader concept yesterday ... but i might misremember 14:22
loolI worked with dpm on the translations issue this morning and it's sorted out, but we need a new langpack upload14:22
loologra: Really?  Wow14:22
loologra: I dont recall it at all14:23
lool[link] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+bugs?field.subscriber=ubuntu-unr14:23
MootBotLINK received:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+bugs?field.subscriber=ubuntu-unr14:23
loolPretty much empty14:23
ogramy psycic abilities again ... damend ... didnt want to reveal that here :)14:23
loolplars, GrueMaster: Some bugs in https://bugs.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-unr are Critical; should we track them in Ubuntu?14:23
loolplars, GrueMaster: Problem is that the ubuntu/ or ubuntu/karmic lists we use dont cover the bugs in non-Ubuntu projects such as the upstream UNR projects; it seems the intent was for us to see the Critical bugs there bug we dont track them14:24
plarslool: possibly, I'll try to carve out some more triage time today14:24
loolplars: Basically just use Also affect if the bug is confirmed and relevant for release tracking, and target to karmic14:25
plarslool: I can't target them though, need your help with that14:25
lool(So that it gets on the first list)14:25
loolplars: Ok; we should get you that ability14:25
loolplars: lets do it after the meeting14:25
loolAnything else for UNR?14:25
loolnjpatel: From you perhaps?14:25
loolI think njpatel is on leave14:25
njpatel(i'm unwell, sorry)14:26
njpatellool: nothing from UNR, just some bugs targetted for beta...all in hand14:26
lool(njpatel: Ack; didn't want to mention sick leave, so I just said leave)14:26
loolnjpatel: Thanks14:26
loolStevenK: Anything else?14:27
loolNCommander: Let's move on14:27
NCommander[topic] Specification Review and Discussion14:28
MootBotNew Topic:  Specification Review and Discussion14:28
lool[link] http://piware.de/workitems/mobile/karmic/report.html14:28
MootBotLINK received:  http://piware.de/workitems/mobile/karmic/report.html14:28
* ogra just fixed the link on the agenda14:28
loolSo the page is only updated daily nowadays14:28
loolSo it's slighlty out of date14:28
loolI POSTPONED a bunch of stuff14:28
lool(BTW folks it's POSTPONED, not DEFERRED)14:28
loolI marked a bunch of specs as Implemented when most work had been done14:29
loole.g. when only "Test foo: TODO" items remained14:29
lool[link] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+specs?searchtext=mobile%2Bkarmic14:29
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+specs?searchtext=mobile%2Bkarmic14:29
ograplars !14:30
loolplars: I didnt update your specs but the two mobile-qa-karmic-* should move to beta available pretty soon, otherwise even if we have testplans we wont have the time to fix things before release14:30
loologra: Well I didnt know how to update plars' specs so the report is relatively unfair to him14:30
plarshmm, ok14:31
loolpaulliu: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/mobile-unr-karmic-application-res > can we kill stuff?14:31
paulliulool: OK.14:31
paulliulool: But I really want to make it done.14:31
paulliulool: That's what the OEM really wants.14:31
loolpaulliu: Yes, given the number of TODOs I realized the specs were truly incomplete yet14:32
paulliulool: ok.14:32
loolplars: Shall we ask for help from QA team or GrueMaster to get more stuff implemented?14:32
plarslool: they are next on my list once I get the one that's targetted to a6 finished up14:32
NCommanderSo on dove spec, ubiquity changes just went up, and flash-kernel changes just went up14:32
* NCommander knocks on wood14:32
loolNCommander: "up"?14:32
ograflash-kernel ?14:32
NCommanderlool, stuck to Launchpad14:32
plarslool: which is about 75% done, should be pretty well able to knock the rest of it out today or tomorrow14:33
* ogra didnt see the changes 14:33
loolplars: excellent14:33
NCommanderogra, sorry, I posted a debdiff14:33
* NCommander is kinda mentally AFK14:33
ograbut we were all waiting for you for the ubiquity changes14:33
ograit holds back an upload14:33
NCommanderogra, those went up last night and were already merged14:33
loolplars: I'm a bit busy for A6 but if you can see stuff where others in the team can help, can you ask us for helP?14:33
ograyes, they are waiting for flash-kernel14:33
ograi just triggered the merge before you got up14:34
NCommanderogra, I'm still not fully confident it will work, my last image build still having issues not removing ubiquity14:34
loolplars: I dont mind asking Marjo or OEM for some hands if you need help too14:34
ogranot removing ???14:34
NCommanderogra, livecd-rootfs issue when you add a PPA, and have tasks14:34
ogradont add a PPA then :P14:34
plarslool: I'd have to figure out what they could do, not sure off the top of my head14:34
ograNCommander, you shoudl really work with real images14:35
NCommanderogra, thanks, I kinda learned that a bit after the fact :-P14:35
loolplars: Ok; just use the opportunity to share the load if you see one14:35
plarslool: if they want to help with triage, I've been falling behind on that due to other deadlines14:35
NCommanderogra, I spin real images, I just want to push everything once, and we didn't have working real images until yesterday14:35
loolplars: Ah that reminds me, I think you wanted to have a meeting on the triage process with QA?14:35
ograright, but now its blocking others14:35
ograso make sure to get the stuff in ASAP14:35
plarslool: right, but I haven't had a chance to write up the proposal for it in workflow14:35
ograand test with actual images14:36
loolStevenK: I wrote to slangasek to tell him about the wubi issue; I wasn't sure it was on the release team's radar14:36
plarslool: you can action me on it and we'll do it next week if that's ok14:36
loolNCommander: ^14:36
lool[action] plars to discuss bug triage workflow with QA team14:36
StevenKlool: Right14:37
StevenKlool: It most certainly affects more than UNR14:37
loolNCommander: Still with us?14:38
loolStevenK: will forward you14:38
loolshould have cced you on the first place14:38
loolNCommander: bfiller missed the beginning of the meeting and had an UMR question still; mind reopening this topic if spec review is done?14:38
loolI think NCommander's connection went down or something14:39
loolAny other comments on specs?14:39
* NCommander coughs14:40
NCommandersorry, laptop decided it wanted to hang14:40
NCommanderAnyone got anything else on specs?14:40
NCommander[topic] UMR Status14:40
MootBotNew Topic:  UMR Status14:40
loolThe three A6 ones are UNR translations (covered under UNR), dove (just covered the flash-kernel issue) and the compliance one14:40
* NCommander pokes MootBot 14:40
NCommanderthat's lag14:40
loolNCommander: action above too14:40
NCommanderI don't see an action14:41
loolbfiller: Hey14:41
lool15:36 < lool> [action] plars to discuss bug triage workflow with QA team14:41
bfillerlool: I had a question about UMR bugs14:41
NCommander[action] plars to discuss bug triage workflow with QA team14:41
MootBotACTION received:  plars to discuss bug triage workflow with QA team14:41
loolNCommander: Tip of the week /lastlog action14:41
loolbfiller: Go ahead14:41
bfillerlool: I've seen lots of bugs entered in UMR LP project. Wanted to know the plan (i.e. triage, assignment) for these bugs14:41
NCommanderlool, I didn't get any messages14:41
NCommanderlool, makes it hard to /lastlog :-P14:41
bfillerlool: OEM team may be able to help fix some as we're finishing up our other work14:42
loolNCommander: /lastlog the chan? ...14:42
loolbfiller: So I saw two types of bug reports14:42
loolbfiller: The serious type and the other type14:42
loolTom's bugs being of the former category  :-)14:42
loolbfiller: Basically we have a little of StevenK's time, a little of time, and mainly a lot of paulliu's time to do everything Moblin relateed in distro14:43
bfillerlool: who is taking the lead of triaging the bugs?14:43
loolbfiller: but I figured that as soon as OEM would be rebasing on karmic we'd be able to all work on the same pool of bugs14:43
bfillerlool: ok14:43
bfillermakes sense14:43
loolbfiller: Ah sorry, we also have QA folks of course14:43
loolplars, GrueMaster: sorry   O:-)14:44
bfillerlool: are you ok with me making assignments and severity or is that something your team will do?14:44
loolbfiller: So I think we should triage the incoming bug flow on moblin-remix as much as possible as part of ongoing QA triages and we should review bug status weekly here14:44
plars_lool: I missed something I guess? lagged out since 8:4014:44
loolplars_: It's ok, you missed the bad part14:45
loolplars_: We were discussing UMR again and bfiller was asking how we'd handle bug triage14:45
=== plars_ is now known as plars
loolbfiller: I think what works for you and plars works for me14:45
bfillerlool: how often does QA triage the bugs? there are lots of new->unassigned14:45
loolbfiller: But keep in mind the limited time availability of StevenK and myself to work on UMR14:45
loolplars: Wanna comment on this?14:46
plarsbfiller: heh, by QA, do you mean me?14:46
loolbfiller: Also, I'd personally recommend we focus on PPA -> karmic before spending too much time in bug filing/triaging/fixing14:46
bfillerlool: understood, just want to get the ball rolling assigning bugs to paul and people on OEM team so they can get fixed14:46
bfillerlool: agreed, that should be step 114:46
plarsbfiller: unfortunately, I don't have tons of time to *just* do triage, so not nearly often enough, but I try to get at least some forward progress on triage done every week14:47
bfillerlool: I think we're ready to do this in the next day or 214:47
loolbfiller: Ok we're on the same page here14:47
loolbfiller: I think we want a phone call to set all the next steps again14:47
plarsbfiller: but that includes armel, unr, moblin, and other scattered things that make their way in14:47
bfillerplars, lool : are you guys ok with me doing some triage if I have time14:47
loolSince we're post the 14th14:47
plarsbfiller: PLEASE!14:47
bfillerplars, lool : i am volunteering :)14:47
plarshelp is always welcome from whoever has time14:47
loolbfiller: plars' wife just had a heart attack hearing him shout and jump14:48
* bfiller smiles14:48
loolbfiller: it's not xmas yet14:48
loolOk; anything else on UMR from your side Bill?14:48
* plars googles for "CPR"14:48
NCommanderplars, call 91114:48
bfillerlool: that's it14:48
loolNCommander: AOB?14:48
loolian_brasil: You around?14:48
NCommander[topic] AOB14:49
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB14:49
* ogra saw him joining14:49
loolian_brasil: Did you want to bring up any particular topic?14:49
loolian_brasil: We discussed MID this week14:49
loolJamieBennett: You had anything for the meeting or just wanted to see how it's like?14:49
JamieBennettJust getting to know the format at the moment14:50
ograinsanity and chaos ... and a chair that says something sometimes :)14:50
ograbut works quite well14:50
NCommanderActually, I was going to say its more organized sanity that helps part the tides of the insane world of which we live14:50
loolian_brasil: So I guess you're postponing the MID stuff for karmic+1?14:50
JamieBennettI think I have a lot to learn ;)14:50
NCommanderJamieBennett, don't worry, most of us don't bite14:51
* ogra bites NCommander 14:51
NCommander704676352 bytes (705 MB) copied, 1431.84 s, 492 kB/s14:51
ograit really depends whom :P14:51
NCommanderUSB 2.0 my ***14:51
loolAny other business for A6?14:51
ogratesting !!14:51
ogralots and lots of14:52
StevenKLots of testing!14:52
loolYeah, GET TESTING FOLKS!14:52
* StevenK glares at ogra 14:52
* lool glares at lool14:52
* ogra already did his first imx51 install today14:52
ograyou slackers !14:52
loolNCommander: Ok thanks for chairing14:52
MootBotMeeting finished at 08:52.14:52
ian_brasillool, no we want to try for Karmic14:54
loolian_brasil: Ok; cool14:55
loolian_brasil: Sorry that we didn't manage to cover this in the meeting14:55
loolian_brasil: Feel free to add an entry for next week and we can discuss this any time on #ubuntu-mobile14:56
ian_brasillool, we will do that14:56
ian_brasilwill have a wiki page up by next week and will publish some of the work we have done14:57
loolian_brasil: Cool14:58
loolian_brasil: I was fearing you guys didn't have any time14:58
ian_brasilwe had the final book deadline yesterday but that is all passed now..we are full time on this (after we have slept a bit ;)14:59
=== fader|away is now known as fader_
=== porthose_ is now known as porthose
=== imlad is now known as imlad|away
=== imlad|away is now known as imlad
bittin-is the Desktop meeting in this channel 16:30 Swedish time?15:26
sommerhey all15:57
ttxguys, sync your clocks :)15:58
Sam-I-Amclocks synced, pocket protectors installed...15:58
Davieyntpd set to lethal.15:59
ttxLet's get started...16:00
MootBotMeeting started at 10:00. The chair is ttx.16:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:00
ttxWelcome to the server team meeting...16:00
ttxAgenda is up at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Meeting16:00
ttx[TOPIC] Review ACTION points from previous meeting16:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Review ACTION points from previous meeting16:01
ttxACTION: smoser to tag existing UEC image bugs with "uec-images"16:01
ttxACTION: mdz to follow up on ubuntu-bug/apport for uec images16:02
ttxmdz is not here today, let's pass, unless someone knows the status here16:02
ttxACTION: soren to ensure that smoser can update the UEC publishing scripts16:02
zuli thought ubuntu-bug was already on the uec images?16:02
=== lamont` is now known as lamont
smosersmose rcan update publishing scripts16:03
ttxzul: it doesn't trigger the tag on bugfiling16:03
zulah ok16:03
smoserubuntu-bug/apport is present in images16:03
ttxACTION: smoser to add MD5SUMs for UEC images16:03
smoserand i sent mail to mdz (copying soren) about how to determine if you're in ec216:03
sorensmoser: Which one is this?16:04
smoserthat is done. http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-on-ec2/vmbuilder/automated-ec2-builds/revision/716:04
ttxsmoser: that's the code used for releases ?16:04
sorenWell, for builds of releases.16:04
smosersoren: Subject: Re: Notes from catch-up, 2009-09-1116:05
ttxACTION: soren to add manifest files for UEC images16:05
sorenCode landed in VMBuilder. Will add to build system today.16:05
ttxACTION: smoser to open dialog with IS about automated publishing to EC2 and agree on a plan16:05
smoserdone. ticket 3566016:06
ttxsmoser: do we have an agreement on the plan ?16:06
smoserhopefully we see resolution sometime next week on that, and the ability for us to publish to amazon directly from data center16:06
ttxACTION: soren to automate updating of ec2-version-query16:07
zulbye bye chichken coop16:07
sorenttx: Blocked on other stuff.16:07
sorenttx: Namely the automated publishing.16:07
ttxok, will report to next week.16:08
ttxACTION: soren to publish ec2-version-query in a more appropriate place16:08
nijabaon this subject, do we have a plan for a human readable page updated at the same time?16:08
sorennijaba: No plan at the moment that I know of.16:08
sorenttx: Hm... I'm not completely sure about the status of that. Let me check.16:09
nijabasoren: then we need to have one16:09
sorennijaba: Yes.16:09
ttxnijaba: noted.16:09
nijabattx: can we add this as an AOB subject?16:09
ttxnijaba: time permitting, yes :)16:09
ttxsmoser: While soren checks, could you comment on ec2 kernel status for alpha 6 ?16:10
smoserwe're planning on using the kernels from bug 418130 for alpha616:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 418130 in Ubuntu Karmic "Karmic EC2 images don't use a karmic kernel" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/41813016:11
ttxso a karmic kernel. \o/16:11
smoseri need to publish them to eu-west-1, and soren needs to make them "current" in version-query16:11
ttxACTION: smoser to add ec2-images tag to the relevant bugs16:12
sorenHmm... If my e-mail tagging is correct, this is blocking on me getting back to slangasek on the subject.16:13
sorenI'll do that today.16:13
smoserdone. and ideally ec2-images bugs and uec2-images bugs are opened with https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug?field.tags=ec2-images or https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug?field.tags=uec-images urls respectively (which get the tag added)16:13
ttxAnyone knows if bug documentation was updated for uec-images, ec2-images tags ?16:13
smoseri have not updated any documentation for this.16:14
ttxsmoser: it was a mdz action, just checking on status16:14
ttxACTION: nijaba to fold #ubuntu-ec2 and #ubuntu-cloud into #ubuntu-server16:14
nijabaDone. Reference to ubuntu-[cloud|ec2] removed from web pages and topic changed in those chans.  Let me know if I missed something.16:14
ttxACTION: soren to triage all eucalyptus bugs, and use the 'eucalyptus' tag for bugs which should be escalated to the eucalyptus team16:14
smoserttx, i dont know.16:15
smoserthere are threads about getting ubuntu-bug to automatically tag16:15
sorenttx: I did this last week, but I think it's ripe for another go. I got interrupted so many times, it's not even funny, so I've likely missed something, and I'm sure new stuff has been reported since then.16:15
ttxsoren: we'll review the list later in the meeting anyway ;)16:16
ttxACTION: kirkland to build a proof of concept alfresco appliance16:16
kirklandttx: howdy16:16
kirklandttx: this TODO has been retargeted16:16
kirklandttx: alfresco is not a practical target for our reference appliance16:16
kirklandttx: couple of reasons, a) depends on sunjdk which has been removed from karmic16:17
kirklandttx: b) very little community testing on it16:17
kirklandttx: c) only in the canonical partner archive right now16:17
kirklandttx: we have adjusted the target to Moodle16:17
kirklandttx: which is in Main, all open source, has a nice first-time setup via a web front end16:17
ttxkirkland: did you build a proof of concept Moodle appliance ?16:18
nijabakirkland: sun jdk has not YET been removed16:18
nijabakirkland: there is an active discussion on the subject16:18
kirklandttx: yes, let me grab the url16:18
kirklandttx: http://rookery.canonical.com/~kirkland/ubuntu-9.04-moodle.qcow2.bz216:19
kirklandttx: so there's a couple of to-do's left on this16:19
kirklandttx: right now, on first login, it dpkg-reconfigures moodle, forcing the user to make a few selections16:19
kirklandttx: i'm going to just default those to sane values16:19
kirklandttx: the hardest one, though, is FQDN16:19
kirklandttx: for that, i've installed avahi-daemon, and set the hostname to moodle.local16:20
ivoksyou should ask that one16:20
ivokskirkland: i wouldn't suggest that16:20
kirklandivoks: understood, this is a difficult one16:20
kirklandi could set it to the IP address16:20
ivoksmany windows shops use .local16:20
ivoksand that appliance wouldn't work then16:20
kirklandin any case, this *must* be set before the user starts going through the web interface setup16:21
ttxkirkland: is the appliance in its current form directly usable in UEC ?16:21
Davieytry DHCP and notify of setting, and ask accept/change?16:21
kirklandttx: i'm not sure, i don't have a UEC running yet :-/16:21
sorenIt's not.16:21
sorenUEC does not run qcow2 images.16:22
sorenIt runs flat filesystem images.16:22
kirklandsoren: oh?  should i format raw?16:22
ttximg.tar.gz is what we usually do16:22
kirklandttx: i require some guidance on image creation16:22
sorenYes. VMBuilder should be taking care of that for you?16:22
kirklandsoren: hmm, with what option?16:22
sorenkirkland: Xen?16:23
zulwhy not just download the build scripts and use that?16:23
ttxkirkland: you should also sync with niemeyer on possibilities of making it show up at one point as an available appliance in Eucalyptus image store16:23
kirklandzul: what build scripts?16:23
nurmi_I can also help with Moodle image test, we have several installations of UEC running16:23
kirklandttx: yes16:23
kirklandnurmi_: great16:24
kirklandttx: okay, i'll redo this appliance today16:24
ttx[ACTION] kirkland to sync with soren and niemeyer on getting the Moodle appliance in a UEC and UEC-image-store-compatible format16:24
MootBotACTION received:  kirkland to sync with soren and niemeyer on getting the Moodle appliance in a UEC and UEC-image-store-compatible format16:24
kirklandttx: what about the FQDN question?16:25
zulkirkland: check with smoser16:25
kirklandttx: how do we want to handle that16:25
kirklandttx: we can either force the user to ssh to the device, set that, and do the dpkg-reconfigure questions16:25
kirklandttx: or what?16:26
ttxsoren: could that be covered with userdata ?16:26
sorenWe can do everything with userdata.16:26
Davieykirkland: Is this targetted at Eucalyptus or generic?16:27
soren...I don't think it's the right thing to use here, though..16:27
sorenI think it'd be a shame to rely on the user setting specific userdata to use this.16:27
smoser"we can do everything with user data" .16:27
ttxok, let's finish the ACTION list first and come back to that after, time permitting16:27
ttxACTION: mathiaz to get niemeyer's proxy code packaged16:27
smoseri agree with soren, on both that we dont want to require user to feed info that way, and that we can in deed do everything that way16:27
mathiazttx: done - MIR is ready16:28
mathiazttx: it's in the MIR team camp now16:28
smoserwe may be able to find an app suitable for a vm that has a web gui admin panel on first install.16:28
smoserlots of php apps have such things.16:28
smoserie, when you install gallery, you then go to some url and start configuring it.16:28
ttxACTION: zul to ensure rabbitmq-server gets reviewed and promoted16:29
zulyeah im blocked on the MIR team again ill bug kees about it again today16:29
ttxACTION: mathiaz to upload openldap 2.4.1816:30
mathiazttx: done16:30
ttxACTION: kirkland to speak with marjo about how to get qemu-kvm tested prior to release (and more generally server applications like it)16:30
kirklandttx: yes, did that16:31
kirklandttx: we're going to have a bug day, in 2 weeks16:31
ttxgreat !16:31
kirklandttx: i'm now working on a wiki page describing how to test, and what16:31
kirklandttx: if there's anyone in the community willing/able to help with that plan, i'm open ;-)16:31
ttxACTION: mathiaz to get a server dev team set up in LP and work with cjwatson to get it set up for archive reorg16:31
kirklandttx: as this is toward the bottom of my list16:32
cjwatsons/cjwatson/TB/ please16:32
cjwatson(which includes me, but ...)16:32
mathiazttx: turns out we don't have use for an ubuntu-server-dev team right now16:32
mathiazcjwatson: IIUC ubuntu-core-dev/ubuntu-motu will not get away?16:33
mathiazttx: I'll have to look at the package set again though.16:33
ttxmathiaz: ok.16:33
ttxACTION: ttx to update server team Roadmap to reflect current projects16:33
ttxdone, we'll see that in a minute16:33
ttxACTION: Daviey to call for testing of Asterisk 1.616:34
cjwatsonmathiaz: eventually, they will16:34
cjwatsonwell, motu will16:34
Davieyttx: http://blog.daviey.com/ubuntu/call-for-testing-asterisk-1-6.html and hit ubuntu-server ML lst16:34
cjwatsonthough this is not especially short-term16:34
mathiazcjwatson: ok.16:34
ttxDaviey: ok, feel free to update the (new) Roadmap page to reflect the CFT-in-progress16:35
Davieyttx: will do.16:35
ttxthere is a tester section in there16:35
ttxACTION: mathiaz to produce a list of accepted bugs for packages related to the ubuntu-server team.16:35
Davieyttx: one other thing, not sure how to handle beta4 status16:35
ttxbeta4 ?16:35
mathiazttx: done16:35
Davieycurrent 1.6 in karmic is stil beta416:35
Davieyrc1 is out, but would it be better to wait for release?16:36
Davieyor stick with a beta for the whole cycle (sounds like a maintainaince un)16:36
ttxrelease early, release often16:36
mathiazDaviey: is rc1 a bug fix only?16:36
Davieyttx: okay, i'll get rc1 done.  mathiaz yes, adds no feature afaik16:37
ttxACTION: mathiaz to produce a list of accepted bugs for packages related to the ubuntu-server team.16:37
mathiazDaviey: so it can still go in karmic - if packages are ready in time16:37
mathiazttx: done16:37
zulmathiaz: do you need help with that ACTION?16:37
mathiazzul: I don't think so - it's done.16:38
ttxok... let's move on to the next topic then16:38
ttx[TOPIC] Alpha6 remaining actions16:38
MootBotNew Topic:  Alpha6 remaining actions16:38
ttxJust a quick roundtable about things that need to be covered before alpha6 release16:38
ttxWe don't have bugs left targeted for that milestone...16:38
ttxShould we ?16:38
Sam-I-Ami'm curious about that sudo/su glibc bug16:39
ivoksrhcs sync maybe?16:39
mathiazttx: bug 41378916:39
ubottuLaunchpad bug 413789 in mysql-dfsg-5.1 "mysql-server has been kept back with dist-upgrading" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/41378916:39
mathiazttx: apparently I forgot to target it correclty - there isn't any karmic task16:39
ttxmathiaz: you plan to fix it in time for alpha6 ?16:40
mathiazttx: well - not me.16:40
Sam-I-Ambug 42325216:40
ubottuLaunchpad bug 423252 in glibc "NSS using LDAP on Karmic (alpha 4) breaks 'su' and 'sudo'" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/42325216:40
mathiazttx: I'm stuck - waiting for mvo to have a look at it.16:40
ttxah, ok16:40
mathiazttx: I'll probably retarget that for beta then16:40
ttxmathiaz: see with mvo, but that may be preferable16:41
ttx[ACTION] mathiaz to target bug 413789 to a appropriate milestone16:41
ubottuLaunchpad bug 413789 in mysql-dfsg-5.1 "mysql-server has been kept back with dist-upgrading" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/41378916:41
MootBotACTION received:  mathiaz to target bug 413789 to a appropriate milestone16:41
ttxAbout bug 423252, I'll bring it up at next release meeting. It's a foundations thing.16:43
ubottuLaunchpad bug 423252 in glibc "NSS using LDAP on Karmic (alpha 4) breaks 'su' and 'sudo'" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/42325216:43
Sam-I-Amttx: ok16:43
ttxwe have some alpha6-related release process improvements as well16:44
ttx* Add signed MD5SUMS16:44
ttxsmoser, soren: slangasek is apparently blocked on nectarine access for that16:44
sorenHe just got that earlier today.16:45
* soren checks16:45
sorenTry it.16:45
ttx* Add manifest file for each image16:45
soren(bypassing the usual ssh proxy thing)16:45
ttxsoren: that is covered, right16:45
slangasekah, no proxy16:46
* slangasek tweaks16:46
sorenttx: 87%, yes.16:46
ttx* Automate publishing of AMIs to EC216:46
sorenttx: The hard part is done :)16:46
ttxsmoser: that was deferred, methink16:46
slangasek(strange, why is /that/ one outside the proxy?)16:46
smoserdeferred, yes.16:46
ttx* Automate updating ec2-version-query16:46
ttxsoren: blocked on automatic publication16:47
sorenWell, yes.16:47
sorenand decision on final location.16:47
ttx* Publish ec2-version-query in a more appropriate place16:48
ttxsoren: this is blocked on you syncing with slangasek ?16:48
sorenttx: Yes. I'm writing the e-mail right now.16:48
ttx* Ensure inclusion of relevant news in release notes16:48
ttxerichammond: around ?16:49
ttxyay ;)16:49
erichammondI believe this is waiting on a task from soren related to manifests16:49
ttxsoren: ^?16:50
erichammondprobably the above mentioned one16:50
sorenttx: We've been through this.16:50
sorenttx: Twice :)16:50
* ttx is buried under information16:50
ttxok then16:50
* soren tosses ttx a shovel16:50
ttx[TOPIC] Review progress made on the Roadmap16:51
MootBotNew Topic:  Review progress made on the Roadmap16:51
ttx[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Roadmap16:51
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Roadmap16:51
ivoksdidn't know cluster is lower than mail :)16:51
* mvo apologizes to mathiaz for not looking at the upgrade bug yet16:52
ttxivoks: It's all Low :P16:52
ttxsmoser: Let's talk about UEC images bugs16:52
mathiazmvo: I've retargeted the bug for 9.10-beta.16:52
ivoksis it too late to work on mail stack?16:53
smoseri've put together http://paste.ubuntu.com/271503/16:53
smoserwhich covers all the opne uec and ec2 bugs. do we want to paste that here?16:53
smosertheres not much uec specific, other than bug 429106 which i opened but have no progress on16:54
ubottuLaunchpad bug 429106 in vm-builder "kernel and initramfs should be available for uec" [Medium,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/42910616:54
ttxsmoser: will 420581 be fixed in time ?16:54
mathiazivoks: we're passed FF16:54
ttxit's apparently targeted for alpha616:54
ivoksmathiaz: yep, sorry16:54
mathiazivoks: it can be deferred for the next release cycle though.16:55
smoserttx, i just need soren to pull, review it, sponsor it, and then update his vmbuilder on nectarine16:55
sorensmoser: Yes. I will also do this today.16:55
smoserhe may object to it, but i think the patch is good.16:55
ivoksmathiaz: well, there's nothing else we can do; i'll just fix some bugs in current stack16:55
smoserand then i may have more of the same requests for soren tomorrow16:56
mathiazivoks: sounds like a good plan to me - fixing bugs!16:56
ttxok, anyone else has remarks on the buglist or the status pastebin from smoser ?16:56
ttxEC2 AMIs bugs are at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.tag=ec2-images for reference16:57
smoserother things of note16:57
ttxsmoser: shouldn't 418130 get targeted for alpha6 ?16:57
smoserLast week, I released ami-a40fefcd and ami-3fb25256 to ubuntu-ec2, ubuntu-cloud last week, this is the first image we've published with karmic kernel by default.  We've got fairly good feedback, the only real issue raised is on bug 42869216:57
ubottuLaunchpad bug 428692 in ubuntu "ec2 kernel needs CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=y and other config changes" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/42869216:57
smoserOther news is that jono, jorge, and ara have started helping us get a test plan together.  They're concentrating on establishing a way for the community to help us test ec2 images.16:57
smoserttx, ok. i'll target it there.16:58
zulsmoser: heh gee that is all the issues they had with the karmic kernel?16:58
erichammondsmoser: You said that the next public AMI released would be for Alpha 6.  Are you registering private AMIs for testing purposes?16:59
smoseri've not seen any issues with it other than the loop driver not being present (easily worked around)16:59
smosererichammond, the most recent one i've put up is the one i labelled alpha5.1. the only change so far since then is bug 42728817:00
ubottuLaunchpad bug 427288 in eglibc "Karmic i386 EC2 kernel emulating unsupported memory accesses" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/42728817:00
smoserwhich i've not gotten into the images yet17:00
erichammondsmoser: Are the kernel modules and a "loop" fix going into Alpha 6?17:01
smoserprobably not a loop fix, but maybe a kernel modules17:01
smoserthats a weak maybe17:02
ttxAnything else on the UEC/EC2 images front, before we move to Eucalyptus ?17:02
smoserbut it is fairly easily worked around with dpkg from the ppa17:02
smosererichammond, but, for beta i hope both.17:02
ttx[TOPIC] Packaging and integration of Eucalyptus 1.617:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Packaging and integration of Eucalyptus 1.617:02
ttxEucalyptus integration bugs at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.tag=eucalyptus17:03
ttxsoren already said it needs some refresh17:03
ttxcomments, anyone ?17:04
ttxOK... since we are already overflowing I'll switch to...17:06
ttx[TOPIC] Virtual appliance17:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Virtual appliance17:06
ttxniemeyer is not around, but his part is blocked on the image-store-proxy MIR17:06
ttxkirkland already mentioned the change in reference appliance17:06
kirklandttx: ack17:07
ttxThe best way to push FQDN configuration shoudl probably be discussed off-meeting17:07
kirklandttx: that's fine17:07
kirklandttx: i'm going to talk to smoser later today and get some assistance making/testing the image in UEC17:07
kirklandttx: and ping nurmi_ about it too17:07
ttxkirkland: ok.17:07
kirklandttx: we can discuss FQDN in #ubuntu-server17:07
ttx[TOPIC] Other specs from the Roadmap17:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Other specs from the Roadmap17:08
zul_sorry X decided to tak a nose dive17:08
kirklandttx: fwiw, moodle seemed to work well as an appliance, with web setup and all17:08
ttxAnyone has progress to report on other specs from the roadmap ?17:08
=== zul_ is now known as zul
ivokscluster stack17:08
ivokseverything for pacemaker is done and in karmic, ready for shipping17:08
ttxivoks: ok17:09
ivoksrhcs just needs one more sync and that would be finished too17:09
ttxit's a bugfix sync ?17:09
ivokssince it's in main, it needs main sponsors to look at it17:09
ivoksit's a new version17:09
ivoksbut it also has some fixes17:10
mathiazivoks: new features?17:10
ivoksbug 42983417:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 429834 in redhat-cluster "Please sync redhat-cluster 3.0.2-2ubuntu1 (main) from PPA" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/42983417:10
ivoksbugfix version17:10
mathiazivoks: if it's a bugfix only, it doesn't need a FFexception17:10
ttxI'm not sure if we do syncs from PPAs though17:10
ivokscurrent redhat-cluster in karmic is very old17:10
ivoksso, this one would be a major change17:10
ivoksbut we couldn't sync it before, cause there weren't all needed pieces17:11
ivokscorosync and openais17:11
ttxivoks: so you need a FFe first.17:11
ivoksmost probably17:12
ttx[ACTION] ivoks to file FFe for the redhat-cluster update17:12
MootBotACTION received:  ivoks to file FFe for the redhat-cluster update17:12
ttxmathiaz: should we consider directory-enabled-user-login completed, or is there more work to do ?17:12
ivoksdoesn't the bug qualify as ffe?17:12
mathiazttx: testing is the next step17:12
mathiazttx: no more developement is required though17:13
mathiazivoks: if there are new features in there, then it requires a FFe17:13
ttxivoks: it needs more precision on the scope of the change, and subscribe ubuntu-release rather than sponsors17:13
mathiazivoks: right - reading through the changelog it seems that a FFe is required17:14
ttxmathiaz: ok, I'll leave it open then17:14
ttxany other spec progress to mention ?17:14
mathiazivoks: what needs to be documented is which new features, and what are the risk of updating the stack in karmic now17:14
ivoksmathiaz: well, current rhcs doesn't work at all :)17:14
mathiazivoks: it's *totally* broken?17:15
ivoksmathiaz: yes17:15
mathiazivoks: right - so mention this in the FFe request as well17:15
ivoksof course17:15
ttx[TOPIC] Assigned and to-be-assigned bugs17:15
MootBotNew Topic:  Assigned and to-be-assigned bugs17:15
ttxBug list @ http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/team-assigned/canonical-server-assigned-bug-tasks.html17:15
DKcrosshave meet now'17:16
ttxDKcross: which meeting ?17:16
DKcrossany know when is the meet for membership?17:16
ttxno, but we definitely overflow :)17:17
DKcrossttx, i don't know17:17
ttxno bug assigned directly to canonical-server-team... so no assignement necessary there17:17
ttxanyone want to mention being blocked on one of "his" bugs ? Or wanting one of them to be reassigend ?17:17
mathiazDKcross: which membership board is supposed to be running now?17:18
ttxPersonally I wanted to discuss bug 42592817:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 425928 in eucalyptus "Eucalyptus CC package depends on 'vtund' process in multi-cluster mode" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/42592817:18
zulttx: i just un-assigned myself  the iptables one17:18
ttxIs the proposed solution at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eucalyptus/+bug/425928/comments/1 satisfactory for everyone ?17:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 425928 in eucalyptus "Eucalyptus CC package depends on 'vtund' process in multi-cluster mode" [Medium,Triaged]17:19
ttxzul: ok17:19
* soren looks17:19
ttxnurmi_ is no longer with us, unfortunately17:20
* soren agress17:20
DKcrossmathiaz, no, i dont know, I'm question when is17:20
ttxOK, I'll do that then17:20
ttxanything else on that list someone wants to bring up before we move on to the next item in that crowded agenda ?17:20
mathiazDKcross: usually the wiki page for the membership board outlines when the next meeting takes place17:21
ttx[TOPIC] Weekly SRU review17:21
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly SRU review17:21
ttxmathiaz: I'll let you drive this one :)17:21
DKcrossmathiaz,  i know but no have new date17:21
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~mathiaz/buglists/fixedbugs.ubuntu-server.latest.html17:21
DKcrossthanks i will wait17:21
mathiaz^^ any bugs worth considering for a SRU on the list above^^?17:21
zuli have a list as well: http://pastebin.com/m78eb72be17:21
zulmathiaz: ^^^17:22
nealmcbthe next meeting in here is desktop team in 10 minutes, according to http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar17:22
mathiaznealmcb: the desktop team is in ubuntu-desktop AFAICT17:22
ttxit would still be good to be done in 10 minutes though :)17:23
nealmcbmathiaz: ahh - good point17:23
=== bjf is now known as bjf-afk
nealmcbttx: no - go for a record!!17:23
mathiazzul: seems like a good list of bugs - nominate and accept them17:24
zulmathiaz: the ones on my list above are realllly easy to fix and they have all been fixed in karmic17:24
mathiazanything else on the fixedbugs list from last week?17:24
ttxnijaba: about a human-readable ec2-version-query, I suggest you bring it up to one of the MLs, at worse put in on the agenda for next week meeting.17:24
ttxmathiaz: nope17:24
nijabattx: ok, will do17:25
mathiazok - let's move on then17:25
MootBotLINK received:  http://us-dappernominated.notlong.com/17:26
mathiaziz empty17:26
MootBotLINK received:  http://us-hardynominated.notlong.com/17:26
ttx309632: -1, implies some behavior change17:26
ttx406171: +117:26
mathiazttx: declined and approved17:27
MootBotLINK received:  http://us-intrepidnominated.notlong.com/17:27
mathiaziz empty17:27
MootBotLINK received:  http://us-jauntynominated.notlong.com/17:27
mathiazempty as well17:28
mathiazso next in line17:28
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~mathiaz/buglists/acceptedbugs.ubuntu-server.latest.html17:28
mathiaz^^ this is the list of accepted bugs that have an assigne17:28
mathiazfor packages related to the ubuntu-server team17:28
mathiazkirkland: what's the status on the kvm bugs?17:28
* kirkland looks17:29
kirklandmathiaz: i had a heavy-duty bug triage day on friday17:29
mathiazand we need to assign http://launchpad.net/bugs/20061417:29
ubottuLaunchpad bug 200614 in net-snmp "segfault and warnings from net-snmp 5.4.x" [Undecided,Fix released]17:29
kirklandmathiaz: went through 100+ kvm and qemu bugs17:29
mathiazkirkland: right - I was specifically refering to the kvm bugs listed above17:30
mathiazkirkland: http://people.canonical.com/~mathiaz/buglists/acceptedbugs.ubuntu-server.latest.html17:30
mathiazkirkland: what's the state of the sru process?17:30
kirklandmathiaz: i'm not actively working any of these17:30
mathiazzul: same for the vblades?17:30
kirklandmathiaz: the only thing on my sru radar is a possible qcow2 curruption on jaunty17:31
mathiazkirkland: ok - so you may wanna unassigned yourself then17:31
kirklandmathiaz: i am to prepare a ppa package for the user reporting the issue, to see if it solves his problem17:31
zulmathiaz: its been uploaded looking for testers17:31
kirklandmathiaz: will do17:31
mathiazand bug 12783617:31
ubottuLaunchpad bug 127836 in bacula "[SRU] bacula-director-pgsql not installable" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/12783617:31
mathiazNafallo: ^^?17:31
mathiazNafallo: are you still working on this one?17:31
mathiazzul: could you work on bug 200614?17:32
ubottuLaunchpad bug 200614 in net-snmp "segfault and warnings from net-snmp 5.4.x" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/20061417:32
mathiazsoren: bug 251480?17:32
ubottuLaunchpad bug 251480 in kvm "X hangs in Intrepid in KVM" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/25148017:32
zulmathiaz: yeah ill but it in my list for net-snmp17:32
mathiazand last list to review: https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-server/+requestedreviews17:33
mathiazwhich of course is empty17:33
mathiazas noone is using pkg branches for SRU work for now17:33
sorenmathiaz: Yeah, uh...17:33
mathiazsoren: still planning on fixing it?17:34
sorenI don't actually.17:34
* soren unassigns17:34
mathiazok - that's all for now17:35
mathiazttx: ^^ for the sru review17:35
mathiazThe first part is under control now - we should focus on using pkg branches for preparing SRU and review them17:35
ttx[TOPIC] Open Discussion17:36
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion17:36
ttxno time for that, I guess17:37
ttx[TOPIC] Agree on next meeting date and time17:37
MootBotNew Topic:  Agree on next meeting date and time17:37
ttxnext week, same place, same time, hopefully shorter ?17:38
ivokswe could even skip it, since we worked so hard today :D17:38
ttxthe action review just ate the first 45 minutes, sorry about that17:38
nealmcbnijaba: where is the sun jdk / karmic conversation going on?17:39
* soren needs to leave17:39
ttxnealmcb: I think it's a TB matter17:39
sorensee you guys later.17:39
nealmcbttx: thx17:39
erichammondThanks, all.17:39
nurmithanks all17:40
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:40.17:40
ivokshave a nice day/evening!17:40
alexmthanks all17:40
nijabanealmcb: an email thread so far, we are preparing an official email for the TB on reasons why this decision should be delayed17:43
nealmcbnijaba: thanks.  I also found the discussions on the server blogs - http://www.outflux.net/blog/archives/2009/09/12/uninstall-sun-java6/17:44
nealmcbI need to catch up!17:44
=== imlad is now known as imlad|away
ogasawaraKernel Dudes! Roll call.18:00
* apw zones in18:00
* amitk waves18:00
* smb waves18:00
* rtg sluches in18:00
* manjo here18:00
* pgraner waves18:00
* lieb here18:00
* cking zones in too18:00
ogasawaraAight, lets start this.18:01
ogasawara[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting18:01
MootBotMeeting started at 12:01. The chair is ogasawara.18:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]18:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting18:01
ogasawara[TOPIC] Open Action Items18:01
ogasawara(apw) check up on drbd status in dkms package and kernel18:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Action Items18:01
apwbah still nothing on that one18:01
* jjohansen1 waves18:01
* apw self flagilates18:01
ogasawaraapw: I'll just push it to next week then18:02
ogasawara(jjohansen) set up daily irc meeting (#ubuntu-kernel) to cover ubuntu on EC2 progress18:02
ogasawarajjohansen1: seems to be happening right?18:02
rtgogasawara, they are in progress18:02
ogasawara[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic18:03
ogasawara[TOPIC] Karmic Release Status: Bugs (Release Meeting Bugs / RC Milestoned Bugs / Release Targeted Bugs)18:03
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic18:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Karmic Release Status: Bugs (Release Meeting Bugs / RC Milestoned Bugs / Release Targeted Bugs)18:03
ogasawara* Release Meeting Bugs (8 bugs):18:03
ogasawara[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic18:03
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic18:03
ogasawara* RC Milestoned Bugs Alpha 6 (8 kernel bugs):18:03
ogasawara[LINK] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+bugs?field.milestone%3Alist=1271418:03
MootBotLINK received:  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+bugs?field.milestone%3Alist=1271418:03
ogasawara* Release Targeted Bugs (12 bugs):18:03
ogasawara[LINK] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+source/linux18:03
MootBotLINK received:  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+source/linux18:03
ogasawara[TOPIC] Karmic Release Status: Milestoned Features18:04
ogasawara[LINK] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+milestone/karmic-alpha-518:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Karmic Release Status: Milestoned Features18:04
MootBotLINK received:  https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+milestone/karmic-alpha-518:04
ogasawaraMoving on to blueprints . . .18:04
ogasawara[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-karmic-hwdb-workshop (ogasawara)18:04
ogasawaraThe ability to link bug reports to a full hw profile is possible so now we're discussing how to link to a specific device.18:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-karmic-hwdb-workshop (ogasawara)18:04
* smb eyes blurr18:04
ogasawara[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-karmic-kms (apw)18:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-karmic-kms (apw)18:05
apwwe are having some instability on intel at the moment which we are hoping we have just fixed18:05
rtgapw, mesa foobar is KMS related?18:05
apwunsure, mesa is aware of kms18:05
apwnothing else interesting going on at the moment18:06
pgranerapw: was this due to Intel dropping the mesa reqmt to us late in the cycle?18:06
apwi think its mostly cause its a big change kms et al coming in, and dri218:06
apwso mesa is playing catchup at a rate of knots18:06
pgranerapw: they mandated a bump in mesa to deal with the ironlake graphics?18:06
apwahhh ... then perhaps so18:07
rtgthats one of those silly userspace packages18:07
ogasawara[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-karmic-new-kernel-on-lts (rtg)18:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-karmic-new-kernel-on-lts (rtg)18:07
rtgits in a PPA pending some testing. a topic for next week at the sprint18:07
ogasawara[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-karmic-review-of-non-upstreamed-code (smb)18:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-karmic-review-of-non-upstreamed-code (smb)18:08
smbno change since last week but mainly one remove and maybe an update pending18:08
ogasawara[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-karmic-suspend-resume (manjo)18:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-karmic-suspend-resume (manjo)18:09
manjono change since last weel18:09
pgranerHow are we doing on suspend/resume, mdz is having issues and I've seen others18:09
apwpgraner, ok there are two sources of suspend/resume failures on intel18:09
rtgpgraner, some were i915 related that we think are fixed18:09
pgranerI can't seem to find upstream references18:09
apwone we patched and uploaded in .32, and the other is this mesa thing18:09
manjopgraner, will test .32 on xps 1330 today18:10
apwi have a 20 s/r streak going here18:10
pgranerapw: ok we need to watch that close with A6 being this week18:10
apwyep, we have pushed the mesa update through the freeze, with slangasek's blessing18:10
pgranerI'm done...over18:10
apwi believe all the major intel issues for s/r are covered at that point18:10
ogasawara[TOPIC] Other Release Tasks: AppArmor (jjohansen1)18:11
MootBotNew Topic:  Other Release Tasks: AppArmor (jjohansen1)18:11
slangasekapw: and that only requires an update to mesa, right, not the kernel? :)18:11
jjohansen1AppArmor has some bugs that I am currently working on18:11
apwright only mesa18:11
jjohansen1Bug 429872 Bug 429872 Bug 415632 Bug 42794818:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 429872 in tcpdump "/sbin/apparmor_parser: ... Profile doesn't conform to protocol" [Undecided,Invalid] https://launchpad.net/bugs/42987218:12
ubottuLaunchpad bug 415632 in linux "apparmor not properly handling file deletion on NFS" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/41563218:12
ubottuLaunchpad bug 427948 in apparmor "network operations not getting reported on karmic" [Low,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/42794818:12
jjohansen1I think I am testing fixes for 2 of them18:12
jjohansen1AppArmor LSM submission is going out today18:12
apwdoes that mean upstream submission?18:12
jjohansen1apw: yeah it start of upstream submissions18:13
ogasawarajjohansen1: anything else?18:13
ogasawara[TOPIC] Other Release Tasks: ARM-Freescale (amitk, bjf)18:13
MootBotNew Topic:  Other Release Tasks: ARM-Freescale (amitk, bjf)18:13
ogasawarabjf is away but notes "Nothing significantly new on the Marvell dove front. Am waiting18:13
ogasawarafor a live image (and helping as much as I can)."18:13
amitkupload for the imx51 kernel was postponed today18:14
ogasawara[TOPIC] Other Release Tasks: EC2 Karmic Kernel Status (jjohansen1)18:14
pgraneramitk: ?18:14
MootBotNew Topic:  Other Release Tasks: EC2 Karmic Kernel Status (jjohansen1)18:14
amitkmobile team has live images barely working and 150 new patches might've caused a disturbance in the force18:14
pgraneramitk: ok18:14
jjohansen1EC2 kernel is looking pretty good18:14
jjohansen1rtg packaged up EC2 kernel topic branch and sent in MIR18:14
amitkso it will be uploaded post thaw18:15
jjohansen1bug 418130 is fixed for alpha 618:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 418130 in Ubuntu Karmic "Karmic EC2 images don't use a karmic kernel" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/41813018:15
jjohansen1For Bug 427288 - went with patch to glibc instead of kernel patch18:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 427288 in eglibc "Karmic i386 EC2 kernel emulating unsupported memory accesses" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/42728818:15
rtgogasawara, linux-ec2 is accepted and in the archive18:15
jjohansen1rtg is goint to create a meta package for linux-ec218:15
jjohansen1and rtg has also updated the ec2 kernel configs to more closely match virtual, and I am currently packaging up a test kernel18:15
jjohansen1I think that is it18:16
ogasawara[TOPIC] Status: Karmic (rtg, apw)18:16
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: Karmic (rtg, apw)18:16
rtgapw, looks ok?18:16
apwwith the hangs under control, and the fsck thing in18:17
apwi think we are pretty good on the platforms i am testing right now18:17
rtgyeah, uploaded -10.33 this morning18:17
apwwe need to focus on the regressions still for the forseeable18:17
ogasawara[TOPIC] Security & bugfix kernels - Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (smb)18:18
MootBotNew Topic:  Security & bugfix kernels - Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (smb)18:18
smb* Dapper:   2.6.15-54.79 (security)18:18
smb* Hardy:    2.6.24-24.60 (updates)18:18
smb            - New proposed upload scheduled for tomorrow18:18
smb            LUM-2.6.24-24.41 (proposed, uploaded today)18:18
smb            - A small glitch in the makefiles caused a new modules not to be18:18
smb              build.18:18
smb* Intrepid: 2.6.27-14.41 (updates)18:18
smb* Jaunty    2.6.28-15.49 (security)18:18
smb            2.6.28-15.52 (proposed)[6] (10/21 verifications)18:18
smbIf there are no questions I am done18:18
ogasawara[TOPIC] Status: Netbook (sconklin, apw)18:19
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: Netbook (sconklin, apw)18:19
apwi think we agreed to drop this one18:19
ogasawaramy bad, moving on then18:19
ogasawara[TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Regressions (ogasawara)18:19
MootBotNew Topic:  Incoming Bugs: Regressions (ogasawara)18:19
sconklinI released and uploaded kernel, lum, and lbm last friday for the netbook-lpia branch18:19
ogasawaraI'm still getting caught up on the regressions from last week, but currently it looks like 7 more regression-potential bugs have come in.18:19
ogasawarawe'll be sure to follow up on them in the next bug call18:20
ogasawara[TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (ogasawara)18:20
MootBotNew Topic:  Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (ogasawara)18:20
ogasawaraStats from today's bug day can be seen at http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ogasawara/kernel-bugday/20090915.html18:20
ogasawara[TOPIC] Open Discussion or Questions18:20
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion or Questions18:20
ogasawaraAnyone have anything?18:20
ogasawaraI'll take that silence as a no18:21
ogasawara[TOPIC] Next Meeting Chair18:21
MootBotNew Topic:  Next Meeting Chair18:21
rtgI motion to cancel next week18:21
ckingcancel the meeting, not the week18:22
rtg(as we are all on the road)18:22
rtgcking, smart ass18:22
ogasawaracool, I'll send a note we'll cancel next weeks meeting18:22
smbcking, Careful rtg is in the right mood now18:22
apwogasawara, thanks ... :)18:22
smbogasawara, ta18:23
ogasawarathanks guys, see ya'll next week!18:23
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:23.18:23
=== bjf-afk is now known as bjf
=== imlad|away is now known as imlad
=== Yasumoto_ is now known as Yasumoto
GrantbowLoCo Council meeting now?  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncilAgenda20:03
seidosI'm listening20:04
nhainesGood to see you, troyready.  :)20:05
troyreadynhaines: much appreciated :) Good to be on IRC.20:06
estiediHi, I have a question.20:17
nhainesestiedi: best to just ask it.  If anyone can answer, we will.20:17
estiediOK, this is my first time meeting, so my apologies if I'm not aware of some protocol.20:18
estiedianyway, I posted earlier this week in the mailing list with asking if we could get the Luxemburg LoCo Team running again?20:18
estiediIt seems that the local contact on the website died 2 years ago in a motorcycle accident20:19
Flannelestiedi: The meeting here hasn't started yet actually, but #ubuntu-locoteams should be able to help you out20:21
estiediOk, thanks.20:22
Grantbowestiedi: I'm sorry to hear about that! I think we are waiting for the Council members to join the channel.20:22
=== Yasumoto__ is now known as Yasumoto
GrantbowLoCo Council meeting now? I think it should have started over 30 minutes ago. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncilAgenda20:37
nhainesGrantbow: the members of the LoCo Council have already been pinged.20:38
=== imlad is now known as imlad|away
popeyApologies for my absense, had to go to a meeting at my daughters school, just got in21:00
nhainespopey: :D21:00
nhainespopey: You're the first one here.21:00
popeyI'll mail the LoCo council and see if we can reschedule for the same time next tuesday. Will update the wiki page to reflect it21:01
nhainespopey: it's okay, it's a good start.21:01
popeyMy apologies to those who were here for the meeting. I didnt realise nobody would be availabale21:01
nhainesOut of curiousity, is there a quorum?21:01
popeywith one person?21:02
Flannelnhaines: a quorum of one?21:02
nhainesHaha, I didn't mean let's go.  :)21:02
popeynot sure what you meant, sorry :)21:02
nhainesI just wasn't sure if 2 or 3 were sufficent or if all four members have to be present.  :)21:02
popeymy brain is waterlogged having just got in from the rain21:02
Flannelpopey: I wonder if nhaines wasn't sure what he meant21:02
popey2 or 3 is fine21:02
popeywe dont need to all be here21:02
popeyI can see from the loco council mailing list that just after I said I wouldn't be here, the other members said they were busy too21:03
Grantbowpopey: thanks for acknowledging the meeting!21:03
popeyhave mailed the list21:03
popeyplease subscribe to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncilAgenda to know when the new meeting will be21:03
Flannelpopey: Alright, sounds good, thanks.21:04
popeywill try and get it sorted in the next 24 hours21:04
popeyonce again, very sorry :(21:04
DWonderlyThanks popey21:04
nhainespopey: it'll get all sorted out.  :)21:05
Grantbowpopey: thanks21:06
* popey goes to make a late tea21:06
Yasumoto_popey: no worries, thanks dude21:08
nhainesczajkowski: aloha.  :)21:16
czajkowskinhaines: :)21:17
=== fader_ is now known as fader|away
=== robbiew is now known as robbiew-afk
=== imlad|away is now known as imlad
=== robbiew-afk is now known as robbiew
=== robbiew is now known as robbiew-afk

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!