=== imlad is now known as imlad|away
=== bjf is now known as bjf-afk
=== mhall119|school is now known as mhall119|work
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== noy_ is now known as noy
=== dk__ is now known as DKcross
=== nurmi_ is now known as nurmi
=== vuntz is now known as vuntz|away
* Amaranth looks around07:58
robert_ancellmeeting anyone?08:05
robert_ancellmotu meeting?08:05
dholbachsoren, nixternal, nhandler, persia: you guys around?08:27
sorenI was *just* about to ping you :)08:28
dholbachAmaranth, robert_ancell: sorry for that08:28
* robert_ancell hopes Amaranth hasn't gone to sleep08:29
dholbachhi geser08:29
* Amaranth looks around again08:30
dholbachwe just need one more08:30
dholbachjpds does not seem to be online08:30
Amaranthglad I changed xchat to beep someone someone talks to me08:30
dholbachnixternal and nhandler are probably sleeping08:30
dholbachmaybe persia is around08:30
dholbachI'll text jpds - can you try pinging the others somehow? :)08:30
LaneyQuick! Elect Laney to the MC!08:30
geserdholbach: didn't jpds planned to wake up early? looks like it didn't work :)08:31
* persia is belatedly here08:31
dholbachah great - hi persia08:31
MootBotMeeting started at 02:31. The chair is dholbach.08:31
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]08:31
dholbach[TOPIC] Travis Watkins, applies for MOTU and upload rights for compiz packages.08:31
MootBotNew Topic:  Travis Watkins, applies for MOTU and upload rights for compiz packages.08:32
dholbachhi Amaranth - how are you doing?08:32
dholbachglad you didn't go to bed already :)08:32
Amaranthvery sleepy :)08:32
dholbachAmaranth: I might be mistaken, but weren't you a MOTU before already?08:32
dholbachdo you have any non-compiz plans for the next months/weeks?08:33
dholbachgeser, persia, soren: questions?08:33
Amaranthwell, some gnome desktop stuff related to compiz :)08:33
sorendholbach: No, I'm ready to vote :)08:34
persiaI have no useful questions for Amaranth applying to upload compiz: that the upload can't happen is the worse case.08:34
dholbachAmaranth: just today I read a message about compiz and gnome3 - do you know what's happening there?08:34
Amaranthwell, gnome-shell pretty much kicks compiz out08:34
Amaranthsince it's the window manager and the panel08:35
Amaranthnot sure what we're going to do about it yet08:35
dholbachok, just wanted to know if you knew a bit more :)08:35
dholbachgeser: questions?08:35
persiaActualy, I do have a question: what is the list of "compiz packages"?  I don't see that in the application, and it's important to include to get the per-package uploader stuff.08:35
* dholbach is all set08:35
Amaranthcompiz, compiz-fusion-plugins-main, compiz-fusion-plugins-extras, libcompizconfig, compiz-bcop, emerald, libcompizconfig-backend-gconf, libcompizconfig-backend-kconfig08:36
geserAmaranth: your application for MOTU is re-activation, right? and the upload rights for compiz are new or did you have them in past already too?08:36
Amaranthdon't think I missed any...08:36
AmaranthMOTU is reactivation, compiz part is new08:36
persiaAmaranth, Would you mind adding that to the wiki page at some point?08:37
Amaranthpersia: will do08:37
mvoprobably also compizconfig-settings-manager08:37
Amaranthah, right08:37
Amaranthand the python bindings08:37
* mvo is here to also show his support for Amaranth08:37
Amaranthbut that stuff is in universe08:37
mvooh, right - forgot that this is MOTU+compiz08:38
persiaAmaranth, With the future plans, it's better to define "compiz packages" inclusively, regardless of where it currently sits.  That means nothing changes if they move.08:38
dholbachgeser, persia: more questions?08:38
Amaranthpersia: understood08:38
dholbachgeser, persia: do you have any more questions?08:40
persiaI don't.08:40
geserdholbach: no questions08:40
dholbach[Vote] Shall Travis Watkins be re-added to MOTU?08:40
MootBotPlease vote on:  Shall Travis Watkins be re-added to MOTU?.08:40
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot08:40
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting08:40
MootBot+1 received from dholbach. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 108:40
MootBot+1 received from geser. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 208:40
MootBot+1 received from persia. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 308:40
MootBot+1 received from soren. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 408:40
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 408:41
dholbach[Vote] Shall Travis Watkins be recommended for compiz-related uploads?08:41
persiaWe're doing two separate votes for the separate parts of the application?08:41
MootBotPlease vote on:  Shall Travis Watkins be recommended for compiz-related uploads?.08:41
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot08:41
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting08:41
MootBot+1 received from dholbach. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 108:41
MootBot+1 received from soren. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 208:41
MootBot+1 received from persia. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 308:41
MootBot+1 received from geser. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 408:41
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 408:41
Amaranthyay x208:41
dholbachcongratulations Amaranth! :)08:41
* dholbach hugs Amaranth08:41
* Amaranth does a sleepy dance08:41
sorenYay indeed.08:41
sorenNow get to work :)08:41
dholbach[TOPIC] Robert Ancell's MOTU application08:42
MootBotNew Topic:  Robert Ancell's MOTU application08:42
dholbach[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RobertAncell/MOTUApplication08:42
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RobertAncell/MOTUApplication08:42
dholbachhi robert_ancell - how are you doing?08:42
* mvo hugs Amaranth08:42
Amaranthnow I can be a robert_ancell cheerleader too08:42
dholbachrobert_ancell: do you have any plans for the multitude of preferences/administration tools? :)08:43
robert_ancelldholbach, not at the moment - there seem to be so many attempts at improving them that haven't gone anywhere08:44
robert_ancellI plan on fixing individual ones as the opportunities arise08:44
dholbachgeser, soren, persia: questions?08:44
sorendholbach: I was going to ask the same thing you just did :)08:45
soren..so no.08:45
robert_ancellI do actually plan on fixing the user ones for Karmic08:45
persiarobert_ancell, Looking at your uploads, most everything seems to be in the Desktop group.  What made you decide to apply for MOTU rather than being a Desktop Developer?08:45
dholbachrobert_ancell: what do you mean by "user ones"?08:46
robert_ancelldholbach, user management (about-me, users)08:46
dholbachahh ok08:46
robert_ancellpersia, I was recommended to apply for MOTU as a stepping stone to being a developer08:46
robert_ancella number of packages I work on are in universe (cheese, glade)08:47
dholbachalso there's no way to apply for "Desktop Developer" yet08:47
persiaWell, one can apply for per-package for the contents of a seed, but yeah.08:48
dholbachany more questions?08:48
gesercan we start voting? :)08:50
persiaI'm good.08:50
dholbach[VOTE] Shall Robert Ancell become a MOTU?08:50
MootBotPlease vote on:  Shall Robert Ancell become a MOTU?.08:50
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot08:50
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting08:50
MootBot+1 received from dholbach. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 108:50
MootBot+1 received from geser. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 208:50
MootBot+1 received from soren. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 308:50
* dholbach gives persia a '+'08:51
persiaWHy do I need a '+', and nobody else?08:51
MootBot+1 received from persia. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 408:51
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 408:51
persia(or is my client just failing to display properly?)08:51
dholbachcongratulations robert_ancell!08:51
robert_ancellyay! Thanks all!08:52
dholbachpersia: I guess the latter - we all typed '+1'08:52
dholbach[TOPIC] Any other business?08:52
MootBotNew Topic:  Any other business?08:52
* dholbach waits a few seconds. :)08:52
dholbachjust a quick note: I can't make the next meeting (Oct 22nd, 17 UTC)08:53
Amaranthwasn't there someone else?08:53
dholbachAmaranth: afaics that was for the next meeting08:53
Amaranthah, he changed it08:54
dholbachok... adjourned :)08:54
MootBotMeeting finished at 02:54.08:54
Amaranththanks guys08:54
dholbachthanks persia, soren, geser and Amaranth and robert_ancell :)08:54
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
=== mc44_ is now known as mc44
=== fader|away is now known as fader
=== imlad|away is now known as imlad
=== robbiew-afk is now known as robbiew
=== marjomercado is now known as marjo
=== imlad is now known as imlad|away
=== imlad|away is now known as imlad
LaserJockok, well it looks like we have the room15:06
MootBotMeeting started at 09:06. The chair is LaserJock.15:06
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]15:06
LaserJockwho all is here for the Edubuntu meeting?15:07
dindasbalneav: ping15:07
sbalneavdinda: Hello15:08
LaserJockok, well, that's a few people anyway15:09
dindadon't see highvoltage online15:09
LaserJockok, well, let's start rolling and see who comes in15:09
=== bjf-afk is now known as bjf
LaserJockwhat I want to talk about today is Karmic15:09
LaserJockwe have 6 days until Final Freeze15:10
LaserJockso what needs to be done by then?15:10
sbalneavI've got the DVD image downloaded, and started installing last night.15:10
LaserJock[TOPIC] Karmic Final Freeze prep15:11
MootBotNew Topic:  Karmic Final Freeze prep15:11
LaserJocksbalneav: which image?15:11
LaserJockthe latest daily or Beta?15:11
LaserJockok, well .... I broke the dailies15:12
LaserJockor somehow they broke, I assume it was something I did15:12
sbalneavbrb, workping.. caryon15:12
LaserJockI'm trying to squeeze as much out of the DVD as possible so it's not a huge shock to users15:12
LaserJockI was able to get it down to 2.4GB15:12
LaserJockbut now the text-based installer no longer works15:13
LaserJockso no LTSP/edubuntu-server15:13
alkisgLaserJock: so what should we download for a test? The daily (==to debug the problem) or the beta?15:13
LaserJockif you can do the daily please do15:13
LaserJockthe Beta is more for general user testing15:13
LaserJockfor people who are only going to test once15:14
alkisgOK, but downloading a dvd takes about 8h for me, so I can only test a couple of times :)15:14
LaserJockalkisg: even with rsync?15:14
alkisgYeah 2 mbps only... :-/15:15
alkisgThanks, carry on...15:15
LaserJockwell, I don't have very fast internet either unfortunately15:15
LaserJockin any case15:15
LaserJockthe daily builds are what will actually become the Release Candidate next week15:15
LaserJockso we sort of need to do as much testing on those as we can15:16
LaserJockI'll try to get ahold of cjwatson or somebody who know d-i, but they're all enormously busy with Ubuntu's release, etc.15:16
LaserJock[ACTION] LaserJock to track down current d-i problem15:17
MootBotACTION received:  LaserJock to track down current d-i problem15:17
LaserJockwhat else should be done for karmic?15:17
LaserJocksbalneav: what's the status of sabayon in Karmic?15:18
LaserJockstgraber, alkisg : is LTSP looking good?15:18
stgraberI think so15:18
stgraber(sorry was fixing an issue at the office)15:19
stgraberif they don't break any additional thing with upstart it should work correctly and be release-ready15:19
* alkisg also tried the latest LTSP and it looks fine...15:19
alkisgI can't get italc to stop crashing, though :(15:20
LaserJockstgraber: you know about that ^^ ?15:20
cjwatsonstgraber: can you check whether it still works now that we're using upstart by default?15:20
cjwatsonnow that we're using USPLASH by default15:20
stgraberah, I'll need to test15:21
stgraberLaserJock: yeah15:21
cjwatsonLaserJock: do you have logs of the d-i failure somewhere?15:21
stgraberLaserJock: italc bug unfortunately15:21
LaserJockcjwatson: I don' t have the logs, I just wrote down the error message15:21
cjwatsonunfortunately error messages alone are usually not massively useful but sometimes you get lucky15:22
LaserJockcjwatson: it was trying to install e2fsprogs and said that it was missing 4 things, libnewt0.52, libuuid1 and a couple others15:22
LaserJockcjwatson: it was at the very beginning of installing the base system that it bailed15:23
ogracjwatson, i belive usplash was enabled forcefully by setting USPLASH=yes last upload15:23
cjwatsonogra: look at who did the upload.15:23
ogra(or do you refer to the loglevel changes)15:23
LaserJockcjwatson: the ncurses error that came up was something about missing the multiverse Packages files15:23
ogracjwatson, i know who does upload ltsp apart from me :)15:24
stgraberI currently set USPLASH=yes in the ltsp package, that may not be necessary anymore though15:24
cjwatsonogra: oh, I uploaded usplash to enable it across the board. but if ltsp was already uploading it, fine15:24
cjwatsonstgraber: you can keep doing so15:24
sbalneavLaserJock: Sabayon is functional.15:24
LaserJocksbalneav: the version in karmic?15:24
sbalneav2.28.0 I beleive15:24
cjwatsonLaserJock: it doesn't have *any* Packages files, which might not be helping matters ;-) I'll look15:24
ogracjwatson, well, the setting can go again if its enabled anyway15:24
LaserJockcjwatson: awesome, thanks15:25
ograno needto diverge from the distro there15:25
cjwatsonogra: not really a divergence, and besides, usplash might be turned off by default again in lucid15:25
LaserJockcjwatson: I assumed it was due to my seed changes but I should be just using Ubuntu's for the d-i stuff so I was not sure where to start debugging it15:25
ograyeah, ltsp should indeed keep it, the boottimes are definately longer15:25
=== thekorn_ is now known as thekorn
cjwatsonLaserJock: I think it's a cdimage bug of some kind15:25
LaserJockcjwatson: k15:26
LaserJocksbalneav: we've got that, thanks15:26
LaserJockin terms of overall package versions15:26
LaserJockwe're a tad behind Debian wrt gpaint and denemo15:26
LaserJockit would've been nice to get the new upstreams in but we're quite late for that15:27
LaserJockso I think we'll have to wait for Lucid15:27
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
LaserJockGcompris is looking good according to upstream15:27
LaserJockI've got a couple little bugs on the Live side of the DVD I'd like to fix15:28
LaserJockfor some reason  Ubiquity isn't getting removed on install15:28
LaserJockand gnome-app-install is installed, I'm not sure if that's supposed to happen15:29
LaserJockwhat about documentation?15:29
LaserJockI know for one that a new edubuntu-docs needs to get uploaded15:30
LaserJockI fixed a few issues in edubuntu-artwork bzr regarding the Firefox homepage, that needs to be uploaded15:31
* LaserJock suddenly wonders if he's talking to himself again15:31
LaserJockok then15:33
dindais anyone working on the docs?15:33
LaserJocknot that I know of15:33
LaserJocksbalneav is the LTSP doc guy, but I don't think we have anybody specifically working on Edubuntu docs15:34
dindawhat needs to be done?15:34
LaserJockdinda: right now all we're shipping is an About Edubuntu15:34
sbalneavWhich docs?  I'm working on the handbook.  Won't make it into the release, but it'll be in a ppa15:34
sbalneavI'm working on the edubuntu handbook15:34
LaserJocksbalneav: where is that?15:34
sbalneavI don't have a branch published anywhere yet.  I *do* have the LTSP docs published.15:35
LaserJockright I've seen a ltsp-docs uploaded15:35
dindamay not be able to get any help for this go round but can definitely round up help for the next cycle on docs15:35
LaserJockdinda: ok, that'd really help15:36
LaserJockbasically we're treating Karmic as an Edubuntu Beta15:36
LaserJockwe're wanting to get the DVD operational15:36
LaserJockstart ramping the community up15:36
dindafyi: not sure if you folks have seen discussions on Gnome and possibly Ubuntu going to Mallard for all documentation15:36
dindait's a topic for UDS15:36
LaserJockdinda: I haven't seen much on that lately15:36
LaserJockdinda: so maybe for Lucid is the idea?15:37
dindayip, lucid would be the first chance to use it15:37
LaserJockwe're going to need a release announcement and release notes15:38
LaserJockI think the Edubuntu Council is going to take care of that15:38
sbalneavMallard appears to be topic-based help, whereas the handbook is meant more to be as an actual *book*, at least, that's always been the intent.15:38
LaserJockso anything else that needs to be addressed before Release Candidate?15:38
dindasbalneav: correct on mallard15:38
LaserJocksbalneav: right, an Edubuntu Handbook I envision being turned into a PDF15:39
LaserJockrather than use the system help15:39
LaserJockreading a book in yelp or mallard is not going to be fun, IMO15:39
dindayeah, having a printed doc would be great15:40
LaserJockwhat I'd like to do is convert some of the material on the help wiki15:40
LaserJockinto topic-based help15:40
LaserJockand then have the Edubuntu Handbook as something people can print out and hand to a teacher, etc.15:40
highvoltagesorry for being late15:41
LaserJockdinda: I think the doc situation is not exactly well defined at this point15:41
LaserJocksbalneav is the primary contributor these days15:42
LaserJockand as he's said, he's been working on an Edubuntu Handbook15:42
LaserJockbut I think the area of topic-based help is wide open15:42
LaserJockbut mostly I'd love to see more of the wiki material landing either on the users's machine (in the help system) or on edubuntu.org15:43
LaserJockedubuntu users are pretty good (think Asmo) about putting things on wiki pages15:43
LaserJockbut we haven't been converting those into "official" docs much15:44
LaserJockanyway, that's more Luci discussion15:44
LaserJockso to summarize:15:45
LaserJock1) fix DVD15:45
LaserJock2) fix About Edubuntu/Edubuntu homepage15:45
LaserJock3) make sure iTalc works15:45
LaserJock4) EC to draft release announcement and release notes15:45
LaserJockand then I think we're pretty close to wrapping Karmic up15:46
* LaserJock considers silence a big "that's right LaserJock, you da man!" :-)15:48
LaserJockthe last item was the continued pursuit of a meeting time15:48
LaserJockI am going to do one last call for votes on doodle15:48
LaserJockand then I'll email a follow up with the top picks for meeting time15:49
highvoltageLaserJock: uhm uhm...!!!!15:49
highvoltageLaserJock: YES YOU DA MAN!15:49
highvoltageLaserJock: sorry just got to my PC and there were suddenly 10 things needing attention!15:49
LaserJockhighvoltage: np15:49
LaserJockit wasn't exactly well announced this week15:50
highvoltageLaserJock: is there some kind of bug list or easy way to see what's required for #1?15:50
highvoltageLaserJock: where was it announced?15:50
LaserJockhighvoltage: it's on the Fridge calendar15:50
LaserJockno emails this week though15:50
highvoltageah, ok15:50
LaserJockI just realized it was Friday15:50
LaserJockand I wanted to discuss the DVD and what's needed to finish off Karmic15:50
highvoltageI'll have to subscribe to the fridge again. I thought it's calendar had been discontinued.15:50
LaserJockas far as #1, no there aren't any bugs15:51
LaserJockwe should investigate a scheme for filing bugs against the DVD15:51
LaserJockI don't know how they do it in Ubuntu, but we should find out I guess15:51
LaserJockhighvoltage: Fridge is just using Google Calendar15:51
highvoltageLaserJock: ok15:52
LaserJockanything else before we end?15:54
LaserJockgoing once15:55
LaserJock.... going twice15:55
MootBotMeeting finished at 09:56.15:56
LaserJockok, thanks for coming folks15:56
LaserJockand remember to test the DVD as much as possible!!15:56
Riddellhello pitti15:58
* kees waves "hi"15:59
* robbiew waves15:59
* apw zones in16:00
marjomarjo waves16:01
slangasekmorning, all16:01
* rtg lurks16:01
MootBotMeeting started at 10:01. The chair is slangasek.16:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:01
slangasek[TOPIC] Actions from previous meetings16:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Actions from previous meetings16:02
slangasek  * marjo, davmor2 to coordinate ongoing testing of wubi with the dailies between now and RC16:02
slangasek  * slangasek and bdmurray to garden the regression-potential bugs16:02
slangasek  * Riddell to find bugs for kubuntu release issues and make sure they're milestoned16:02
slangasek  * slangasek to look at possible Kubuntu-only EOL announcement for 8.0416:02
slangasek  * asac__ to follow up on notify-osd/gpm regression16:02
slangasek  * ogra to email apw the list of armel kernel bugs for which merges are outstanding16:02
slangasek  * slangasek and smoser to coordinate dry-runs of UEC/EC2 publishing next week, in advance of RC16:02
slangasek  * davmor2 to work with ttx on creating a test plan for eucalyptus16:02
marjo In progress. davmor2 following up on outstanding wubi bugs.16:03
ograslangasek, we have worked rather directly on the bugs instead of going through slow email processes ... good progress on imx51 bugs last week16:03
loologra: You around?16:03
* asac follows up _now_ not sure if its an issue anymore16:03
loolOh here is16:03
ogralool, i am16:03
ogralool, ou could have called my new mobile from your new mobile ;)16:03
slangasekregression-potential bugs - bdmurray did some work on this last Friday; I've done a little but not very much, so this is still outstanding on my side16:03
Riddellkubuntu bugs are milestoned, ones high on my radar are at https://wiki.kubuntu.org/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:04
ttxtest plan for eucalyptus: done, needs some sync with ISO tracker, pinged marjo/ara about it16:05
slangasekUEC/EC2 publishing> this is in progress, there've been a number of changes in the past 48h to how UEC images are being published so we're not to the point of doing a full dry run yet16:05
loologra: That would have costed us both old EURs16:05
ograi havent heard it ringing yet16:05
ograwould be worth an euro16:05
slangasekmarjo: on the outstanding wubi bugs, is there a list of these?  the biggest problems with wubi testing in beta were presumed to all come down to a single mount option change, hopefully that's fixed by now16:07
slangasek(so if there are new wubi bugs that need fixed for release, I unfortunately don't know what they are)16:07
slangasekkubuntu-only EOL announcement for 8.04> still outstanding on my end16:08
marjoslangasek: actually it's really down to one bug16:08
davmor2slangasek: I was looking at hooking up with ttx and the testcase on Monday to ensure it worked as is and then follow up on changes throughout the week to ensure it plays nicely for rc16:08
ttxdavmor2: I validated it myself today, fwiw16:08
davmor2cool :)16:08
slangasekok, cool16:09
cjwatsonslangasek: that ntfs-3g bug was supposed to be fixed, but we're still seeing instability16:10
slangasekmarjo: ttx said he's pinged you about getting the eucalyptus test plan on the tracker... do you have enough info to get that changed in the database, or should you and I sit down and work through that? (today?)16:10
slangasekcjwatson: ah :/16:10
cjwatsonslangasek: I've tried changing ntfs-3g to make syncio imply sync, which may help, but that was only today so I haven't had feedback yet16:10
cjwatsonI'm worried about it16:10
* slangasek nods16:10
cjwatsonthe symptoms are "bits randomly seem to not land on disk" ...16:10
marjoslangasek: ara owns that task, but maybe you and i can have a chat this pm, OK?16:10
slangasek[ACTION] marjo and slangasek to follow up on getting eucalyptus tests updated on tracker16:11
MootBotACTION received:  marjo and slangasek to follow up on getting eucalyptus tests updated on tracker16:11
marjoslangasek: thx!16:11
davmor2cjwatson: if you can get a respin in I can test it16:12
slangasek[ACTION] davmor2 to test wubi with syncio->sync fix ASAP16:12
MootBotACTION received:  davmor2 to test wubi with syncio->sync fix ASAP16:12
cjwatsondavmor2: sure, running now16:13
slangasekRiddell: btw, by "milestoned" do you mean "milestoned and targeted"?16:14
slangasek[TOPIC] QA Team16:14
MootBotNew Topic:  QA Team16:14
Riddellslangasek: targeted to karmic?  I think so I can double check16:14
slangasekRiddell: please :)16:14
slangasekmarjo, cr3, fader: g'morning16:15
marjoHardware testing16:15
marjoPassed: 8 (73%)      Failed:      1 ( 9%)    Untested:    2 (18%)16:15
marjoPassed: 21 (95%)     Failed:      0  ( 0%)   Untested:    1  ( 5%)16:15
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~fader/hw-testing/current.html16:15
marjoPassed: 42 (88%)     Failed:      0  ( 0%)   Untested:    6  (12%)16:15
marjoPassed: 10 (100%)    Failed:      0  (  0%)  Untested:    0  (  0%)16:15
marjoResults are looking good; should get more passes when some fixes come in and get verified16:16
faderFYI, the netbook failure seems to be resolved in the .32-rc3 mainline kernel so I imagine that one should get fixed soon16:16
marjonetbooks and laptops now are reported separately for ease of tracking16:16
marjofader: thx.16:17
slangasekNC10> bug #340014 is thought to be fixed now, but the hardware has to be physically shipped back before we can get a cert test in?16:17
ubottuError: Could not parse data returned by Launchpad: The read operation timed out (https://launchpad.net/bugs/340014/+text)16:17
faderslangasek: I will ask manjo to run checkbox on it and send us the results16:17
faderAnd then ship it back :)16:17
slangasekare there ETAs on any of those RTs, and are any of the untested units critical to have results on for release?16:17
slangasekfader: right, sounds like a good plan16:18
marjoslangasek: i have upped the priority on RTs; fader will followup, as usual16:18
marjowill escalate, as necessary16:18
faderNone of the RTs are critical for the release, and at least a couple of them are sparc systems so they're probably going to remain low priority16:18
marjofader: thx16:19
slangasekmarjo: and for the latter question?  are any of those units critical to have?16:20
slangasekoh, fader answered16:20
slangasekok, great16:20
slangasekthe other item I had for QA was bug #43571416:20
marjonext QA topic:16:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 435714 in checkbox "Please port to polkit-1 or drop policykit usage" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/43571416:20
marjo* Bug:435714: Please port to polkit-1 or drop policykit usage16:21
marjo   Implemented a potential fix, testing planned.16:21
marjoslangasek: that's all for QA topics; thx16:21
slangasekok, great!16:21
pittiI discussed that with cr3 yesterday16:21
pittiand we settled for an easy implementation (just rip out all PK stuff)16:22
marjopitti: thx for the update16:22
slangasekmarjo, fader, pitti: thanks16:22
cr3and pitti has kindly offered to review my changes, which I will take advantage of once I'm done testing16:22
slangasek[TOPIC] Desktop Team16:22
MootBotNew Topic:  Desktop Team16:22
mdzmarjo, fader: great job on the hardware testing reports!16:23
mdzand tracking issues16:23
slangasekpitti: good turnover on the bug list this week, but there seems to be no shortage of new bugs to take their place on the list :)16:23
marjomdz: thx for your support!16:23
pittias usual, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:24
pittiWe are in full bug fixing mode now.16:24
pittiThis week we fixed 7 RC bugs. 8 (ugh) new bugs were added to the radar.16:24
pittiWe are currently discussing a bug fix release of X.org. It was approved and is being prepared for upload.16:24
pittiThis week we also landed a large bug fix release for mesa, after lots of discussion; it caused three regressions on radeon cards, two of which have patches; Monday is the final call for whether to keep or revert it.16:24
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:24
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:24
pittislangasek: whack'a'rat :)16:24
pittiasac seemed to be keen to milestone half of his bugs16:24
slangasekyes, he usually is... :)16:25
asacwhat needs to be fixed needs to be fixed imo.16:26
pittiRiddell: please go ahead16:27
slangasek424132> is this partially fixed already? it seems like the "utterly broken" no longer applies?16:27
RiddellGood progress on RC bugs including kpackagekit being fixed and upgrade from hardy in testing16:28
Riddellstill on my radar..16:28
Riddell"Wrong translation catalogue filename (KPackageKit)", 42537316:28
RiddellKDM/ksmserver hangs on logout, Intel only, 43252116:28
Riddell"Microblogs plasmoid does not show friend timelines nor public timeline", Jonathan to investigate 41457216:28
Riddell"OOo KDE file dialog is utterly broken", good progress being made, 42413216:28
RiddellQt fails to build16:28
Riddellactually the first of those is fixed16:28
Riddellthat's what I get for preparing my report the night before16:28
pittislangasek: 424132> seems it got better for some people, but it's not entirely clear16:28
RiddellI'm testing a fix for Qt build, Debian has the same issue and it only happens in buildds16:28
RiddellScottK also reported an issue with the application launcher missing icons in netbook16:29
Riddellbut I think we're on target for release16:29
* Riddell done16:29
slangasekpitti, Riddell: I think we need some triage follow-through on 424132, then; if "better for some people" fixes the critical problems then the bug severity ought to be downgraded, if it doesn't that should be clarified16:30
slangasekright now, it's not clear to me how much of this bug is being considered release-critical16:30
pittislangasek: hm, given Roman's list there still seems to be a lot which is wrong in our packages16:30
Riddellslangasek: I believe he's fixed most of the issues and it just needs to go into the packaging16:31
* ScottK is her now.16:31
slangasekpitti: half of his list of outstanding problems are "you can't filter the file dialog" - hardly critical?16:31
Riddellright, the remaining issues we can live with16:32
pittiok, so maybe "medium" then?16:32
RiddellI'll check in with him about the status of getting his fixes into the package and review the bug status16:32
davidbarthslangasek: DX?16:33
slangasekpitti: btw, I don't like seeing "not really a major bug" judgements being made in the release status page that aren't reflected in the *bug* status in LP - if you disagree with a bug being marked as "high" in LP, please adjust the severity...16:34
slangasekdavidbarth: one more second16:34
pittiok, noted; will update the bugs16:34
slangasek[TOPIC] DX Team16:36
MootBotNew Topic:  DX Team16:36
slangasekpitti, Riddell: thanks16:36
slangasekdavidbarth: go ahead16:36
davidbarththe status is at: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/KarmicReleaseStatus16:36
davidbarthslangasek: sorry, i thought i was part of the Desktop thread ;)16:36
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/KarmicReleaseStatus16:36
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/KarmicReleaseStatus16:36
looldavidbarth: Sorry wanted tocontact you earlier about it, but could you put https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/maximus/+bug/421019 in your karmic list?16:37
ubottuLaunchpad bug 421019 in maximus "maximus crashed with SIGSEGV in g_closure_invoke()" [High,Incomplete]16:37
davidbarththe release targeted bugs are under control, either fixed16:37
loolOh you updated it 40 minutes ago16:37
davidbarthor in the case of xsplash, we keep one open as a tester reported a remaining glitch16:38
davidbarthlool: sure, looking into that16:38
davidbarthlool: i commented on a similar bug, there have been quite a few releases of maximus since16:38
davidbarthlool: so i'd like to get feedback from the reporter, testing the latest version16:39
=== marjomercado is now known as marjo
loolRight; I found that one had a bunch of dups so was worth flagging16:39
davidbarthlool: ok16:39
looldavidbarth: Yup, it's looking good now, thanks16:39
davidbarthapart from that16:39
davidbarthindicator-session was changed to display a power icon when the user is not "online" (in IM terms)16:40
loolYou poked ubuntu-doc?16:40
davidbarththat helps with the discovarbility (er..) of the feature16:40
davidbarthflagged as a high priority item16:40
davidbarthlool: nope, need to do that16:40
slangasekdavidbarth: wrt 413348 being kept open, note that if the Ubuntu package task is closed, it's not really on the release team's radar... I'm not sure whether that bug /should/ be reopened, but if you think it should, please open the package task as well16:41
davidbarththere is still another patch in the upload queue to work on an apparent icon theme issue16:41
davidbarthslangasek: hmm, i'll reopen it to let it be visible16:43
slangasekok, thanks16:44
slangasekanything else for DX?16:44
davidbarththat's it for DX. questions?16:44
loolthere's that theme bug16:44
loolWhich I wanted to cover and we pushed on you this morning16:44
rickspencer3davidbarth, is the power icon theme done?16:44
davidbarthlool: correct, unr16:44
davidbarthlool: should we see that later?16:44
loolbug #44476616:44
looldavidbarth: sure, I'm next I think16:45
ubottuLaunchpad bug 444766 in ubuntu-netbook-remix-default-settings "some text not visible in UNR default theme (dup-of: 424891)" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/44476616:45
ubottuLaunchpad bug 424891 in hanso "text of Totem's "playlist"-button unreadable" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/42489116:45
davidbarthrickspencer3: yes it is, ie we display the power icon as recommended16:45
* lool thinks of creating an ubottu loop16:45
davidbarthrickspencer3: but ted and kenvandine noticed a theme error related to it; so we're keeping the light on on this one16:45
davidbarthrickspencer3: but the slight logic change is in16:46
rickspencer3davidbarth, has the design team confirmed that it is displaying the intended behavior? (aside from the theme bug)16:46
davidbarthrickspencer3: along with the fix to not trigger the user im client by default during the session startup16:46
davidbarthrickspencer3: i asked them to approve the changes documented as part of the code merge16:46
rickspencer3davidbarth, ok, but if they haven't seen it actually working, I am concerned that it is not "closed"16:47
rickspencer3I'll ping them and make sure they sign off16:47
davidbarthrickspencer3: was: https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~ted/indicator-session/confused-icon/+merge/1302716:47
rickspencer3davidbarth, right, but code merge review != observed behavior16:48
rickspencer3(that's it, I'm done asking :) )16:48
davidbarthrickspencer3: right16:48
slangasekmoving on?16:48
rickspencer3slangasek, right16:48
slangasek[TOPIC] Mobile Team16:49
lool[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic16:49
rickspencer3movin' along  ... ;)16:49
loolHere's an overview of overall status (slightly more details this week):16:49
MootBotNew Topic:  Mobile Team16:49
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic16:49
lool* armel: toolchain is fixed but didn't fix oo.o; other issues were discovered; w16:49
loolill push workaround (jaunty version) for oo.o and rebuild some packages; also need to work on the FTBFS list more16:49
lool* armel+dove: status is good, even if installation experience is not ideal; we need to improve install documentation, and NCommander is working on a partman-uboot to prevent unbootable configurations in manual partitioning16:49
lool* armel+imx51: kernel making rapid progress but couple of high profile issues still open; otherwise ok16:49
lool* UNR: good shape but would like to unblock #44476616:49
lool* moblin: good shape for what it is, we'll continue efforts towards merges and fixing top bugs16:49
loolConcerning the approaching kernel freeze, I think the focus should be on the fsl-imx51 kernel and its bugs16:50
slangasekhow are we able to ship the jaunty .so?  Is this duplication of OOo source, or of toolchain source?16:51
loolIt's uuencoded AFAIK16:51
loolThe source is in ... jaunty16:51
loolI'm not a fan either, and the real broken binary is on the side so that we can continue working on fixing it16:52
slangaseksomeone should make sure that's even legal to ship, let alone proper16:52
loolOk; action me16:53
slangasek[ACTION] lool to confirm that shipping jaunty OOo .so w/o source is legal16:53
MootBotACTION received:  lool to confirm that shipping jaunty OOo .so w/o source is legal16:53
loolSo perhaps I should cover LP #424891 quickly16:54
ubottuLaunchpad bug 424891 in hanso "text of Totem's "playlist"-button unreadable" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/42489116:54
loolIt was an issue in Dust; text was not visible (see the screenshots in the dup); fix was committed upstream today16:54
loolI assigned myself and will package the fix next week when I locate it16:55
slangasekok, great16:56
looldavidbarth: thanks btw16:56
davidbarthlool: np; the font issue should be ok now16:57
slangasekwrt kernel freeze, I see a lot of bugs marked "needs upload" - the kernel freeze is a *freeze*, is an arm upload planned that will allow these to be confirmed in the archive before the drop-dead date?16:57
loolPerhaps something the kernel team can comment on16:58
loolapw: w00t16:58
slangasekanything else on mobile?16:58
loolapw: -mx51 upload in the works?16:58
* ogra would hope so16:58
apwthe arm branches are waiting on a respin of the master kernel which i am hoping to see either today or first thing next week16:59
apwas there are some pending AppArmour updates in there we want in the arm branches too16:59
loolAppArmour  :-)16:59
loolapw: thanks for the update17:00
loolslangasek: Note that most fixes were confirmed as fixing thebugs though17:00
slangaseklool: alright17:00
slangasek[TOPIC] Kernel Team17:00
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel Team17:00
ograyeah, kudos to the kernel team for the big work on imx5117:00
ograthat was some awesome progress last week17:01
slangasekapw: so, what else is new? :)17:01
pittiand for fixing dell killswitch and intel drm loading \o/17:01
rtgslangasek, I'm planning on an upload this afternoon, should be nearly the last one.17:01
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic17:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic17:01
slangasekrtg: ok17:01
rtg_not_ an ABI bumper17:01
slangasekdoes it fix my rfkill problem? :)17:02
rtgslangasek, the one in the archive should.17:02
rtgdo let me know if not.17:02
slangasekhrm, the bug state didn't reflect that at all, I had no idea you were expecting testing from me17:03
rtgslangasek, which bug? It should be 'fix released'17:03
slangasekrtg: bug #395358, which is on the list17:03
apwi think we have dell and thinkpad rfkill mised herre17:03
ubottuLaunchpad bug 395358 in linux "thinkpad fn+f5, Asus fn+f2: regression, rfkill toggling in the kernel instead of userspace" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/39535817:03
rtgslangasek, ah, that one. perhaps not. I was focusing on Dell.17:04
rtgslangasek, I'll have apw or smb take a look.17:05
slangasekok, thanks17:05
rtgI'm looking at backporting upstream audio. blech!17:05
slangasekstatus on bug #423767 in your report says "fix released", but there's still an open karmic task for linux-firmware saying there's a firmware conflict?17:06
rtgslangasek, thats about it from me.17:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 423767 in linux-fsl-imx51 "please enable rt2800usb and disable rt3070sta in the imx51 kernel" [Low,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/42376717:06
slangasek(so hopefully that's still on the radar)17:06
rtgslangasek, yeah, I've been putting off the firmware fixes. I'll get to them in time17:06
apwlinux-firmware task is still open17:07
loolThat bug seemed to be blocked on ralink input whic scared me17:07
loolIt the risk is regressing the other hardware, perhaps we can ask for testers with that hardware to try a test package with the new fw?17:08
slangasekrtg: mm, and you say bug #445588 is fixed "for all main branches and in the archive", but I see linux-ec2 still has a task open17:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 445588 in linux-ec2 "FTBFS: cpio: not found" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/44558817:09
rtgslangasek, fix committed, just needs upload17:09
rtgI'll get it done today.17:10
slangaseklool: or just ship different firmware on armel than on other archs?17:11
loolOh tha tworks17:11
slangasek(that doesn't leave us stranded if no one is in a position to regression test)17:11
slangasekit does mean converting the package from arch: all to arch: any17:11
slangasekrtg, apw: ^ would that be a reasonable fix for bug #423767?17:12
ubottuLaunchpad bug 423767 in linux-fsl-imx51 "please enable rt2800usb and disable rt3070sta in the imx51 kernel" [Low,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/42376717:12
loolWe could also patch the relevant armel driver to look for another filename this cycle17:12
rtglool, this isn't an on-board part, is it?17:12
loolrtg: No; it's an add on mini PCI17:12
loolIt's the one in the lange board you have17:12
rtglool, why wouldn't we use the same firmware as the rest of the distro?17:12
loolrtg: It seems we're blocked on updating the firmware because we're not sure the new ones workon other hardware17:13
rtglool, I have a pegatron which is lange5.1, right?17:13
loolShould be a good test case for this bug17:13
rtgand there is a wireless gizmo in it?17:13
lool(Or perhaps you miss it if it was removed but I dont think so?)17:14
rtgits runnign Jaunty. we have no Karmic kernel for it17:14
loolSpeaking of which17:14
loolDid you receive a set of patches for lange support which you consider for merging?17:14
rtgain't gonna happen by release17:14
rtgplus, I don't think I've ever seen a patch set, unless amit has17:15
lool(I'd still love to know whether you got them but that's not release meeting material anymore then)17:15
loollet's bring it up out of band17:15
rtgslangasek, we're done monopolizing tour channel17:16
slangasekrtg: ok, thanks for the updates :)17:16
slangasek[TOPIC] Server Team17:16
MootBotNew Topic:  Server Team17:16
slangasekttx: hi17:16
ttxhttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/ReleaseStatus was recently updated17:17
ttxwith RC bugs and karmic targets of opportunity17:17
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/ReleaseStatus17:17
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/ReleaseStatus17:18
ttxLooking at the RC bugs...17:18
slangasekttx: that page doesn't seem to actually tell the status of any of the bugs, it just lists assignments17:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 432154 in qemu-kvm "dynamic block device attach/detach not functional with karmic KVM" [High,In progress]17:18
ttxI'm giving status now, with opportunity for assignee to comment17:19
ttxkirkland is a little blocked on this one17:19
ttxsince upstream qemu-kvm and upstream eucalyptus have different views on the fix17:19
kirklandttx: i have opened a discussion with upstream17:19
kirklandttx: but I see no practical solution happening before release, at this point17:20
ttxkirkland: that prevents any attachment of EBS volumes ?17:21
kirklandttx: as long as these volumes are scsi, yes17:21
kirklandttx: note that virtio would work17:21
kirklandttx: but eucalyptus hates on virtio17:21
slangasekis that something we should continue to track for a post-release update?17:22
ttxslangasek: maybe eucalyptus can be convinced to change their position on virtio17:22
ttxkirkland: attaching /dev/vda is better than not attaching anything17:22
mdzkirkland: is there no chance of isolating and fixing the KVM bug?17:23
mdzthis did work in 9.04, no?17:23
kirklandttx: i agree, wholeheartedly, particularly when upstream virt experts are saying this is the way forward17:23
kirklandmdz: it was an accident that it worked17:23
mdzit seems that virtio would be far better than nothing.  the only drawback is that it uses a different  device naming scheme, no?17:23
kirklandmdz: and it didn't work reliably17:23
ttxmdz: and eucalyptoids hate it for some reason17:24
kirklandmdz: right, different naming scheme is eucalyptus objection, breaking ec2 images, perhaps, running in euc17:24
mdzttx: their stated reason for preferring scsi was as I have said: the device name17:24
kirklandmdz: ttx: they don't "hate" it17:24
mdzand not "hating"17:24
kirklandright, it's all about the predictability of "sd*"17:24
mdzkirkland: we could symlink sdX -> vdY easily enough, no?17:25
kirklandimages that use UUID for disks/partitions should not be affected17:25
mdzkirkland: or even change the udev rule so that virtio devices get named sd*17:25
kirklandthey mentioned older CentOS (etc) images as not supporting UUID17:25
ttxkirkland: you said "<kirkland> ttx: but eucalyptus hates on virtio" not me :)17:25
mdzwe shouldn't choose the underlying implementation based on the name, when the name is easily changed17:25
kirklandttx: sorry, that was slang17:25
kirklandmdz: the problem is that we don't have visibility into all guests17:26
kirklandmdz: we can change the behavior or ubuntu guests17:26
mdzgood point17:26
kirklandmdz: but not fedora, centos, etc guests17:26
kirklandthis is a pickle17:26
mdzI propose that we put virtio in place now, so that we have *something*17:26
ttxmdz: +117:26
kirklandmdz: ttx: i'll take this up with Dan today17:26
ttxok, next bug ?17:27
ubottuLaunchpad bug 446023 in eucalyptus "uec node cd install doesn't handle static network configuration" [High,Triaged]17:27
slangasek[ACTION] kirkland to discuss virtio for uec with Dan today (Bug:432154)17:27
MootBotACTION received:  kirkland to discuss virtio for uec with Dan today (Bug:432154)17:27
ttxkirkland / cjwatson ^17:27
cjwatsonI have seen this, but have been completely swamped17:27
cjwatsonand I still can't say I understand why the configuration for DHCP doesn't need to change as well17:28
cjwatsonbut I can make the change - but probably not before Monday, now17:28
ubottuLaunchpad bug 434723 in m2crypto "Main Inclusion Request: m2crypto" [High,Incomplete]17:29
ttxzul ^17:29
kirklandcjwatson: drop a description of what is to be changed, colin, and i'll try to have a look at it today17:29
cjwatsonkirkland: you know as well as I, it's just in debian/eucalyptus-udeb.finish-install17:29
zulthe testsuite has been enabled but it fails on the buildds because it timesout the buildds i tried the newer version and the same result happens I dont have a work around yet17:29
kirklandcjwatson: okay, i'll take a crack at it17:29
cjwatsonI haven't got to the point of working out what needs to be changed there, or I'd have done it ... :-)17:29
slangasekttx: please note that it's completely not scalable to have you /requesting/ status from assignees of all bugs individually during the meeting; we still have three other reports to hear and are already at time17:30
kirklandcjwatson: i was worried you'd barf at what i had17:30
kirklandcjwatson: as it was a little fragile17:30
ttxslangasek: ok17:30
cjwatsonkirkland: I can probably review a patch quicker than I can create one17:30
ttxi'l give quickstatus17:30
kirklandcjwatson: fair enough17:30
zulttx: the testsuite has been enabled but it fails on the buildds because it timesout the buildds i tried the newer version and the same result happens I dont have a work around yet17:30
ttxzul: ok17:30
slangasekttx: thanks - and if more detailed reporting is needed, email after would be better17:31
ubottuLaunchpad bug 446841 in image-store-proxy "Unable to start images installed/registered via the image store" [High,Triaged]17:31
zulttx: of course other than disabling the testsuite17:31
ttxWe have an issue here, niemeyer must look into it17:31
ttxthat's a relatively recent issue.17:31
ubottuLaunchpad bug 440757 in vm-builder "ec2-images have ubuntu.canonical.com in /etc/hosts" [Medium,Triaged]17:31
ubottuLaunchpad bug 444605 in vm-builder "make sure source is obtainable for uec kernel images" [Medium,New]17:32
ttxare in good progress and on track17:32
ttxThe last two are Java-related FTBFS that I'll fix soon17:32
slangasekok, good17:32
slangaseksounds like we're on track overall, then17:33
slangasekmdz also asked for us to cover the status of eucalyptus testing here17:33
mdzmarjo: jono: can you give us a quick update and if there are any issues, we can resolve them17:33
* pitti has to leave now, sorry17:33
slangasekI saw a bit of email going on parallel to the meeting; is a status report there available?17:33
slangasekpitti: thanks, g'night17:34
mdzI just need to know if testing is on track17:34
jonoso Jorge has drafted a call for testing, Ara has give it the +1 and so has kirkland17:34
jonoI am just drafting the final announce and will post to mailing lists, planet, the fridge and the Eucalyptus Forums17:34
mdzbackground: we're running very close to the wire with eucalyptus and have asked for a special testing program to supplement what we've been able to test so far17:34
mdzjono: when will it launch?17:34
jonoit should go out after my call with you17:34
jononext few hours17:34
marjomdz: and ara will follow up with her own posts17:35
jonomdz, this was the soonest we could do as we agreed to this call for testing after Ara had finished for the day yesterday17:35
mdzslangasek: ok17:38
slangasekanything else for server?17:38
slangasek[TOPIC] Security Team17:38
MootBotNew Topic:  Security Team17:38
keeshi!  Our current status: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus17:38
keesopen and being worked on by TreSys: bug 434084 (SELinux busted due to boot-time changes).17:38
ubottuLaunchpad bug 434084 in refpolicy-ubuntu "SE Linux not enabled" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/43408417:38
keesopen and being worked on by myself and jjohansen: bug 446524 (profile-building tool regression due to kernel logging improvements).17:38
ubottuLaunchpad bug 446524 in apparmor "aa-logprof: doesn't parse new null profile syntax" [Low,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/44652417:38
keeswe're closing more RC bugs than we're getting, so things seem to be settling pretty well -- that is all from us.17:38
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus17:38
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus17:38
slangasekalright, thanks17:39
slangasekany questions for security?17:39
slangasek[TOPIC] Foundations Team17:39
MootBotNew Topic:  Foundations Team17:39
slangasekcjwatson: hi17:39
cjwatsonBoot experience substantially cleaned up this week by restoring usplash across the board, and fixing where init script output goes. Enabling usplash everywhere is considered temporary for Karmic; Lucid will be more subtle about it.17:39
cjwatsonWubi's stability is still an issue of serious concern; either bits just seem to not be hitting disk or we get random hangs, and there's no indication in the logs about why. davmor2 has tested the ntfs-3g change to make syncio imply sync. I think we've found one definite installer bug here, but in case that still doesn't resolve the stability, we'd appreciate it if somebody from the kernel team could have a look.17:39
cjwatsonhttp://people.ubuntuwire.org/~wgrant/rebuild-ftbfs-test/test-rebuild-20090909-karmic.html is getting gradually healthier for main, but universe is still an area of considerable concern (I know MOTU agree).17:40
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.ubuntuwire.org/~wgrant/rebuild-ftbfs-test/test-rebuild-20090909-karmic.html is getting gradually healthier for main, but universe is still an area of considerable concern (I know MOTU agree).17:40
cjwatsonLaMont is running a more up-to-date build test that's two-pass (uses its own output), and is filing bugs at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.tag=karmic-autotest; please contribute to this if you ha17:40
cjwatsonve any spare cycles. Many of these bugs are quite easy to fix so it's a good way to make a serious dent.17:40
cjwatson[LINK] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.tag=karmic-autotest17:40
MootBotLINK received:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.tag=karmic-autotest17:40
slangasekcjwatson: davmor2 has tested syncio->sync, and it didn't fix it?17:42
mdzcjwatson: that is a pretty long list; when was the most recent build test before this one?17:42
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/Karmic/ReleaseStatus17:42
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/Karmic/ReleaseStatus17:42
davmor2slangasek: no it hung17:42
slangasekdavmor2: ok17:43
cjwatsonmdz: while I'm not sure of the answer to that offhand, the problem is not that we haven't been running build tests, but that we haven't been fixing things from them at a reasonable rate (IMO)17:43
mdzcjwatson: almost all of those bugs are 44xxxx, i.e. just filed recently17:43
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic17:44
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic17:44
slangasek(oops, other URL 404s)17:44
cjwatsonmdz: the previous one was that recorded in http://people.ubuntuwire.org/~wgrant/rebuild-ftbfs-test/test-rebuild-20090909-karmic.html, and we were asking people to track things there rather than arranging to file bugs. I don't think that worked very well and we need to automate the bug filing in future.17:44
cjwatsonalthough *personally* I've found wgrant's index quite convenient, and better than anything comparable for the tests lamont's been runining17:45
cjwatsonso swings and roundabouts17:45
cjwatsonslangasek: to be clear, davmor2's test did not reach the point that I was expecting syncio->sync to fix17:47
slangasekcjwatson: right17:47
slangasekanything else on foundations, then?17:47
slangasek[TOPIC] MOTU17:48
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU17:48
slangasekcjwatson: thanks17:48
* sistpoty|work waves17:48
slangasekScottK, sistpoty|work: and hi17:48
sistpoty|workmain issue is still FTBFS, I guess...17:48
ScottKThat and we are getting to the point where NBS is a bit sporting too17:49
ScottKMaven is going to be a mess whatever we do.17:49
ScottKI think it's best to press forward and let lamont and doko__ sort it out as best they can.17:49
sistpoty|workand ScottK got quite good at whipping me to fix FTBFS (even at work!) :P17:50
ScottKThose are the major points.17:50
ScottKAny questions?17:51
slangaseknone here; anyone else?17:51
cjwatsonNBS wasn't *too* long when I last checked17:51
cjwatsonlonger than I'd like, obviouslyl17:51
ScottKIt's not horrible, but in conjunction with FTBFS, there's a lot to do.17:52
slangasekthe call for help on FTBFSes a few weeks back generated some interest; should we have another call, or announce in different forums or anything?  Or do we just keep moving forward?17:53
ScottKI think another call would be good.17:54
ScottKWe seem to have lost some of the momentum again17:54
sistpoty|workI wouldn't know to which other forums we could try, but I second to have another call17:54
slangasekwho'd like to take that action?17:55
ScottKMaybe sistpoty|work could do another training session.17:55
* ScottK is getting ready to leave town for the weekend, so looks at sistpoty|work.17:55
sistpoty|workhmpf, only got this evening to for it, so that would be unannounced again17:55
sistpoty|worksure thing, I'll also draft another call17:55
slangasek[ACTION] sistpoty|work to draft another call for help w/ FTBFS17:55
MootBotACTION received:  sistpoty|work to draft another call for help w/ FTBFS17:56
slangaseksistpoty|work: thanks :)17:56
slangasek[TOPIC] AOB17:56
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB17:56
slangasekanything else that needs to be discussed?17:56
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:56.17:57
slangasekthanks, all17:57
=== jsalisbury_ is now known as jsalisbury
=== fader is now known as fader|away
=== imlad|away is now known as imlad
=== imlad is now known as imlad|away
=== Amaranth is now known as true
=== true is now known as Amaranth
=== lukjad007 is now known as lukjad0Q7
=== lukjad0Q7 is now known as lukjad007
=== robbiew is now known as robbiew-afk
=== asac_ is now known as asac

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!