=== starcraftman is now known as WikiNinja
=== WikiNinja is now known as starcraftman
=== NCommander is now known as NC|G1
=== NC|G1 is now known as NCommander
=== greeneggsnospam is now known as jsgotangco
=== Richie is now known as YDdraigGoch
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
=== imlad|away is now known as imlad
=== imlad is now known as imlad|away
=== lukjad007 is now known as WikiPirate
=== WikiPirate is now known as lukjad007
=== imlad|away is now known as imlad
=== robbiew-afk is now known as robbiew
=== fader|away is now known as fader
=== imlad is now known as imlad|away
=== marjomercado is now known as marjo
=== imlad|away is now known as imlad
MootBotMeeting started at 10:00. The chair is robbiew.16:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:00
MootBotLINK received:  http://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/Meetings/2009/1014#Agenda16:01
robbiew[TOPIC] BUGS!!!16:01
MootBotNew Topic:  BUGS!!!16:01
robbiewanything anyone wants to bring up here?16:02
cjwatsondear god there are a lot of them *sweat*16:02
evandWe are having some issues with webkit bailing out in the installer slideshow, causing the installer to crash.16:02
cjwatsonany luck with the new upstream release there?16:03
Keybukcjwatson: I actually think that we're in a better state than in jaunty16:03
evandthere's a wrench stuck in the buildds16:03
evandwaiting on elmo to fix things in #soyuz16:03
cjwatson(there was some suggestion that that might fix it, but the changelog is woefully unclear)16:03
cjwatsonKeybuk: that may be true, I don't quite recall ...16:03
Keybukcjwatson: we don't have random intel hangs this time ;)16:03
robbiewevand: is there a workaround for the installer slideshow issue?16:05
robbiewor is it random, so trying again may work16:05
evandsudo apt-get remove ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu16:05
evandin the live environment16:05
Keybukbut the slideshow is made of awesome16:06
cjwatsonthe slideshow bug doesn't happen to everyone FWIW; I've never seen it in kvm16:06
robbiewdamn...too bad we don't have a "skip the slideshow" option in the installer :/16:06
cjwatsonnor on real hw I think16:06
evandindeed, me either16:06
robbiewcjwatson: ack...me neither16:06
robbiewin both real and virtual environments16:07
evandfingers crossed on the latest version fixing it, or someone coming along with a decent stack trace16:07
robbiewpulling it would be rough, as it's already gotten some positive press16:07
evandinterestingly, some of the crashes are not triggering apport16:08
evandthere may be another installer bug here, as I've seen at least one report where removing the slideshow doesn't fix things16:08
evandand the logs are absent of any kind of crash information16:08
evandfor what it's worth, the bugs I'm tracking around these crashes are 445756 441709 448252 440922 442560 and probably more16:09
robbiewok, thanks16:09
cjwatsonthe set of grub bugs that relate to device ordering changes are still open16:10
cjwatson(sorry, don't have the bug numbers to hand right now, am rebooting to test usplash bits)16:10
cjwatsonI have a branch that hopefully addresses a lot of that, but I've had difficulty getting time to finish it and get it landed16:10
robbiewok, np...understand the need for a 48hour workday ;)16:11
cjwatsonso I don't think that is going to land for tonight; if somebody would like to be another pair of eyes at some point, that would be great16:11
robbiewanyone with time to help cjwatson?16:12
robbiewliw? james_w?16:12
liwI can arrange time; I have no expertese in grub and tend to run away from it screaming :(16:12
cjwatsonFWIW this is mostly the upper layer, not much in the boot loader parts itself16:13
james_wI only have a couple of tasks due today, so I could try and help16:13
cjwatsonok, I'll get in touch with one or the other of you then, thanks - probably tomorrow at this rate16:14
robbiewanyone else need to add to my heartburn? :P16:14
=== imlad is now known as imlad|away
Keybukrobbiew: if mdz calls, tell him everything will be ok :p16:16
cjwatsonnot the other one? :)16:16
Keybuknot the other one *just yet*16:16
=== imlad|away is now known as imlad
robbiewokay moving on16:17
robbiewnot going to say much about the Sponsorship Queue at this point in the release ;)16:17
robbiew[TOPIC] Activity Reports16:18
MootBotNew Topic:  Activity Reports16:18
Keybukmterry_: did you want somebody to upload rsyslog for you?16:18
cjwatsonI think I originally set reports to Tuesday because that meant they were as current as possible for the meeting; but that may not be all that big an issue any more16:18
mterry_Keybuk, yes, to fix a kernel message buffering issue from the upstart migration.  bug 43022016:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 430220 in rsyslog "[karmic] Upstart fixups" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/43022016:18
cjwatsonsince people are more in the habit of just bringing stuff up16:19
robbiewwell, I'm fine with Tuesday..but it seems like most come in on Thurs or Fri :)16:19
robbiewif sending a simple reminder helps16:19
robbiewI can do that16:19
liwso, changing the dl to Fri would ensure they come in next Tue? :)16:19
robbiewno problem16:19
mterry_(I know this is a temporary problem, but OEM has theirs due on Fri/Mon)16:19
Keybukmterry_: can you mail me the diff.gz you want uploaded? :p16:19
mterry_Keybuk, ok16:20
Keybukrobbiew: there's, of course, a difference between when they're due and what dates they cover ;)16:20
mterry_(And it would be nice for me if my two reports were due same time)16:20
robbiewyeah...that's true16:20
robbiewand I know for slangasek, Friday is bad release-wise16:21
* mvo don't mind when they are due16:21
robbiewb/c we drop on Thursdays and meet on Fridays...so maybe Tuesdays is best16:21
robbiewbut they could cover the preceding Mon-Fri?16:21
mterry_Could they cover the previous week?16:21
robbiew+1 from the guy who leaves in 2 weeks :P16:22
mterry_Hey, there may be future swappers16:22
robbiewIMO, I think it's easier to think in terms of Mon-Fri...and then send it in by the next Tuesday16:23
robbiewbut that's just me16:23
evandI'd agree with that16:23
mvosounds good to me16:23
robbiewokay...let's do that16:24
robbiewI'll send out a note to the team after the meeting16:24
robbiew[ACTION] robbiew send note about Activity Reports16:24
MootBotACTION received:  robbiew send note about Activity Reports16:24
robbiew[TOPIC] Good News16:25
MootBotNew Topic:  Good News16:25
KeybukI fixed usplash \o/16:26
KeybukBad News is that I now need therapy for the amount of svgalib I ingested in the process16:26
evandI discovered apport-collect, which should make things easier.  So thanks to pitti.16:26
evandoh and the buildds are working again16:26
cjwatsonfurthermore, after some bouncing back and forth between Keybuk and me, Keybuk might have found a way to lose the text switch between usplash and X16:27
robbiewthat would really be nice16:27
liwLP started talking to me again this afternoon16:27
cjwatsonit does appear to require an X change as well, and I think display manager changes too16:27
cjwatsonKeybuk has it working for him on his madly hacked system, now I'm trying to reproduce the hacks ;-)16:28
robbiewthis is good and bad...as now DX will have ammunition for why we should own the boot splash work :P16:28
Keybukwell, kinda working, it only works if I use nouveau, and then X doesn't work so well <g>16:28
robbiewwell hell16:29
cjwatsonI think the basics work on Intel16:29
cjwatsonbut I need to grab an X server from one of Bryce's two zillion PPAs first16:29
cjwatsonit basically works on KMS; non-KMS is still going to be ugly16:30
cjwatsonbut that's OK, IMO16:30
robbiew[TOPIC] AOB?16:30
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB?16:30
robbiewBook UDS travel16:30
slangasekbook UDS travel... two weeks ago? :)16:31
* mvo has done this some days ago16:31
* robbiew is driving16:31
* robbiew is out next week on holiday...so cjwatson is in charge16:32
robbiewhowever, cjwatson is out next Thurs...so Keybuk is in charge16:32
robbiewthat day...run for your lives!!!16:32
evandgod save us16:32
cjwatsonnothing important happens next Thursday, does it?16:32
slangasekoh good, I can sleep in Thursday16:32
KeybukI hate you all16:33
=== highvolt1ge is now known as highvoltage
robbiewwith that...16:33
MootBotMeeting finished at 10:33.16:33
* mvo waves16:33
* slangasek waves16:34
=== Keybuk_ is now known as Keybuk
* marjo waves17:59
MootBotMeeting started at 11:59. The chair is marjo.17:59
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]17:59
marjohi folks,18:00
* fader waves.18:00
marjoQA Meeting Agenda18:00
marjo    * SRU testing -- sbeattie (Steve Beattie)18:00
marjo    * Bugday highlights -- pedro18:00
marjo    * Next week is RC -- ara18:00
marjoAny other agenda items to add?18:01
marjo[TOPIC] SRU testing - sbeattie (Steve Beattie)18:01
MootBotNew Topic:  SRU testing - sbeattie (Steve Beattie)18:01
sbeattieSRU Activity for the past week (since 2009-10-07) was very light:18:02
sbeattie* Jaunty: 1 new package in -proposed (smart) and none pushed to -updates18:02
sbeattie* Intrepid: no new packages in -proposed and none pushed to -updates18:02
sbeattie* Hardy: 1 new package in -proposed (adept) and 1 pushed to -updates (zsync)18:02
sbeattie* Dapper: no non-security activity18:02
sbeattieThanks to Dave Morley (davmor2) for testing zsync this week.18:02
sbeattieThere's at least one SRU that needs testing that would be good to get published before release: adept on updating from kubuntu/hardy to karmic.18:03
pedro_what's the bug number?18:04
sbeattiebug 439706, I think18:04
davmor2I can have a run at that tomorrow morning for you sbeattie18:04
ubottuLaunchpad bug 439706 in adept "support hardy to karmic upgrades" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/43970618:04
sbeattiedavmor2: that'd be awesome, thanks!18:05
sbeattieFor the record, people interested in testing SRUs can always check the list of packages in the queue at http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/pending-sru.html18:05
sbeattieThat's all I have, unless there are any more questions...18:06
marjothx, sbeattie18:06
marjo[TOPIC] Bugday highlights -- pedro18:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Bugday highlights -- pedro18:06
pedro_On Thursday 08 of October we had a bug day based on Confirmed Bugs without a package18:07
ScottKsbeattie: The adept SRU is important since Hardy is going out of support for Kubuntu18:07
pedro_we had a great participation from the community, 58 bugs were triaged, thanks a lot to lfaraone, kamus, pwlars, hggdh2, gotunandan, simono and gothicx18:07
pedro_for the current week, we're celebrating a Bug day for the Server Team18:08
pedro_the progress so far is great: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay/2009101418:08
pedro_ttx and zul are doing a super work there also answering questions on the #ubuntu-bugs channel18:09
pedro_and as always, any kind of help there is more than welcome :-)18:09
marjothx pedro_18:10
marjo[TOPIC] Next week is RC (ara)18:10
MootBotNew Topic:  Next week is RC (ara)18:10
araJust a reminder that next week is RC week. This is one of the most important milestones18:11
araTry to keep your images as synced as possible, to start the testing early18:11
davmor2ara: just depends on how early slangasek lets us ;)18:12
marjodavmor2: so true18:12
aradavmor2, indeed, but if the images are synced, when he says, ready, steady, go! we are ready to go ;-)18:12
davmor2So true18:12
davmor2ara: are we coordinating efforts on u-testing?18:13
aradavmor2, as usual18:13
slangasekyou can test any time you want, you don't have to take my word for it that the ISOs are known not to be ready :)18:13
marjoara: anything else?18:14
aramarjo, that's it18:15
marjo[TOPIC] Checkbox in Karmic (cr3)18:15
MootBotNew Topic:  Checkbox in Karmic (cr3)18:15
cr3There is current a new version of Checkbox building for Karmic, 0.8.418:15
cr3This fixes many bugs which were oustanding, most importantly relating to dbus18:15
cr3The command line interface has also been improved to finally work properly18:16
cr3Hope everyone will appreciate the fixes and keep reporting bugs!18:16
davmor2useful :)18:16
marjocr3: anything else?18:16
cr3That's about it, I expect another version will be needed to reach perfection for karmic :)18:17
marjocr3: thx!18:18
marjofolks: anything else for today's meeting?18:18
aranothing on my side18:18
marjogoing once18:18
marjook, i propose we adjourn the meeting18:19
* fader feels like he should bid something.18:19
marjofader: too late18:19
marjook, folks, thx again and go Karmic RC!18:19
cr3fader: 500 quatloos on the newcomer!18:19
fadercr3: Geek :P18:19
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:20.18:20
=== RainCT_ is now known as RainCT
=== imlad is now known as imlad|away
=== fader is now known as fader|away
=== YDdraigGoch is now known as Richie

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!