=== robbiew is now known as robbiew_
=== jlgab_ is now known as jlgab
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== cody-somerville_ is now known as cody-somerville
=== asac_ is now known as asac
=== swoody_ is now known as swoody
dholbachsoren, jpds, nhandler, nixternal, persia: around?06:54
sorendholbach: Honestly, yes. But very, very much on my way to bed.06:55
dholbachhey geser06:55
* soren has been on the road for 22 hours.. Needs sleep.06:55
dholbachright :)06:56
* ScottK needs to get to bed too, so let's make this quick ....06:56
* dholbach texts jpds06:56
sorenI haven't a coherent thought in my head, so I'll spare you all my nonsense, and go to bed. G'night, all.06:57
diwicsoren: Just vote "yes" for me first ;-)06:57
sorenWhat is this meeting anyway?06:57
sorenI thought it was a "Thursday afternoon" week.06:57
macosoren: thats 4th week06:58
sorenNot a "Friday morning" week.06:58
dholbachis Scott Howard here?07:00
dholbachdobey does not seem to be around07:00
nixternalyo yo07:01
dholbachhey nixternal!07:01
macohi nixternal07:01
dholbachI texted jpds and he said he'd definitely be there and persia, too, said he had no trouble making the meeting07:01
persiaIndeed, I didn't07:02
dholbachpersia, nixternal, geser: anybody of you wants to drive the meeting today?07:02
persiaI'll drive07:02
MootBotMeeting started at 01:02. The chair is persia.07:02
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]07:02
persia[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Council/Meeting07:02
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Council/Meeting07:02
persia[TOPIC] MOTU Application of Mackenzie Morgan (maco)07:03
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU Application of Mackenzie Morgan (maco)07:03
persia[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MacoMorgan/MOTUApp07:03
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MacoMorgan/MOTUApp07:03
persiamaco: So, how do you feel about your application?07:04
macoWas scared a bit ago because I hadn't done a merge before and figured that was an automatic "no" but I just did one (ScottK uploaded it)07:05
macoso slightly less scared now ;)07:05
ScottK(it built on all archs, btw)07:05
nixternalyou went from low hanging fruit right into the storm of packaging :)07:05
dholbachmaco seems to be a pragmatic problem solver :)07:05
persiamaco: Well, that's related to my first question: https://launchpad.net/~maco.m/+related-software doesn't seem to have as many entries as we sometimes see.  Have you been working more in depth in areas, or are your contributions often found elsewhere?07:06
dholbachmaco: which of the patches you worked on you enjoyed the most?07:06
macopersia: there were a handful of patches that instead of being done as individual debdiffs, Riddell took and merged into bzr then generated uploads with them rolled in07:07
dholbach(it wouldn't be the first time when the /+related-software page is lying :-))07:08
* ScottK can +1 maco's involvement with patches for Kubuntu.07:08
dholbachmaco: which of the patches you worked on you enjoyed the most?07:08
persia(no +related-software lies a lot, which is why I ask)07:08
nixternalmaco: my question is this, how come you haven't done any merges until just now? have you done any sync requests? why did you decide to merge aoetools, and how did you fix the conflict in regards to aoetools.init?07:09
macodholbach: sorry, mouse went fubar so im navigating firefox with the tab key ;)07:09
* nixternal can +1 maco's Kubuntu patches as well, as well as her upstream KDE patches07:09
dholbachpersia: alright :)07:09
maconixternal: i was going to try a merge a couple weeks ago but i didnt claim it in advance and someone else uploaded it before me, then i got busy with school07:10
nixternalpersia: quite a bit of her packaging work gets merged into larger commits within Kubuntu where the ol' [Maco] tag doesn't cut it in the changelog07:10
macodholbach: oh gjiten was a fun one to figure out07:10
persianixternal: I figured: from what I can tell, quite a lot of Kubuntu work in general happens that way07:10
nixternalthat list should also include pretty much all of the major kde base packages07:10
macoyeah kate, kdepim, -workspace....07:11
maconixternal: and why aoetools was because i was talking to stevenk and said it was my first one and he suggested that would be a not-too-evil one for a first-try07:12
dholbachmaco: looking back at your "motu journey", what should have been easier?07:12
macois quilt a fair answer?07:12
diwicmaco: +1 lol07:13
macolast uds i decided "no applying to motu til i can use quilt"07:13
dholbachmaco: totally agreed - anything else?07:13
nixternalheh, I still use my quilt cheat sheet every time I use quilt :)07:14
ajmitchdon't we all?07:14
persiamaco: You say that you'd like to work to improve integration between gtk-based packages and KDE (or, possibly Qt-based packages and GNOME).  What specific areas do you think are in most need of improement for this integration?07:14
macopersia: occasionally different services stomp on each other. the most annoying one i recall was gpg-agent and seahorse-agent getting mixed up and preventing signing emails in kmail in kde. switching from evolution to kontact could certainly be *much* easier though, so i'd kind of like to work on a script or something to make such importing easier07:17
nixternalI can say that I have uploaded patches and what not for Kubuntu and I believe KDE as well for maco and have yet to have a problem...everything has been good work, though like everyone else, she could be a bit more confident in herself, but at the same time, her cautious ways have helped her create uploadable patches/packages on the first time07:18
macodholbach: documentation. i bug ScottK a *lot* with questions07:18
nixternaland me :p07:18
nixternalwell, I have been gone a bit, so that helps :D07:18
dholbachmaco: then we should definitely start taking notes of what questions get asked mostly07:18
* dholbach doesn't have any more questions07:19
nixternaldholbach: mutt and search helps with that as well :)07:19
persiaScottK: You say in your endorsement that you've discussed a number of things with maco that you didn't end up sponsoring.  Were these instances of questions asked, or instances of stuff in the sponsorship queue that was not yet ready to upload?07:19
ScottKpersia: Questions along the way.07:19
nixternalprobably cuz ScottK would point then run like he does sometimes :)07:19
ScottKBusy doing stuff that nixternal had promised and not done.07:20
persiageser: soren nixternal more questions?07:20
* nixternal notes "the teenager is playing with my laptop again" is getting old as an excuse :p07:20
nixternalpersia: I am good07:20
nixternalScottK: damn, I tried to not use that excuse :)07:20
geserno questions07:21
* persia decides to trust soren> I haven't a coherent thought in my head, so I'll spare you all my nonsense, and go to bed. G'night, all.07:21
nixternalheh, g'nite persia07:21
persia[VOTE] Mackenzie Morgan to become MOTU07:21
MootBotPlease vote on:  Mackenzie Morgan to become MOTU.07:21
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot07:21
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting07:21
MootBot+1 received from dholbach. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 107:22
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 207:22
MootBot+1 received from persia. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 307:22
MootBot+1 received from geser. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 407:22
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 407:22
dholbachcongratulations maco! welcome to the team! :)07:22
macoyay thank you!07:22
ScottKmaco: Congrat07:22
nixternalcongrats maco and welcome! now get to merging!07:22
wgrantmaco: Congrats.07:22
maconixternal: hehe or sponsoring?07:22
* maco hugs everybody07:22
* persia doesn't see dobey about07:22
jussi01congrats maco!07:23
* dholbach hugs maco back07:23
persia[TOPIC] MOTU Application of Charlie Smotherman (porthose)07:23
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU Application of Charlie Smotherman (porthose)07:23
dholbachpersia: Per-package upload, iirc07:24
dholbach"I, Charlie Smotherman, apply for upload rights for packages Quickplay, Upnp-Inspector and Pylirc."07:24
persiaErr, right07:24
dholbachbut let's move on :)07:24
dholbachporthose_: around? :)07:24
persia[TOPIC] PPU Application of Charlie Smotherman (porthose)07:24
MootBotNew Topic:  PPU Application of Charlie Smotherman (porthose)07:24
porthose_hello MC :)07:24
dholbachhey porthose_, how are you doing?07:24
porthose_great yourself07:24
* nixternal likes porthose_'s app, I always think of "Meet the Fockers"07:24
dholbachporthose_: a bit tired to be honest :)07:25
dholbachbut alright07:25
dholbachporthose_: don't you have upload rights for some packages already?07:25
porthose_me to really late here07:25
porthose_yes coherence, ampache and ampache-themes07:25
persiaYeah, I'm also trying to dig up the records for the last time.07:26
porthose_quickplay, upnp-inspector and pylirc are additional packages I maintain or co-maintain in debian :)07:26
dholbachporthose_: this question is not meant to be super-serious but what is your threshold for applying for motu instead of getting more upload rights for specific packages? :-)07:26
persiaporthose_: You seem to be active with quite a number of other packagse as well, based on https://launchpad.net/~cjsmo/+related-software07:27
* nixternal was just wondering the same as dholbach 07:27
porthose_I was going to see how thing go in lucid and then maybe apply :) Unless I should now?07:28
persiaporthose_: Well, tell us your reasoning, and we'll let you know :)07:28
persiaporthose_: To put that differently, what do you think you need to do to apply for MOTU?07:28
porthose_I feel more confident with my own packages and not so much with other peoples07:28
persiaHow do you feel about other people changing the packages you describe as "my own packages"?07:29
porthose_persia, I don't mind if other improve the packages I care for07:30
dholbachporthose_: do you have plans for caring for more packages? anything you're looking at right now?07:31
porthose_Yes, I have been conversing with the upstream of buddi, and thinking of possible packaging it :)07:32
persiaporthose_: And do you expect that more packages will end up needing a bit of help in your work on the packages you pay attention to now?07:33
porthose_persia, I have been taking on packages only when I am confident I have time to care for it.  I try not to let any of the other packages I care for to be neglected07:34
persiaWell, I'm done with questions for a PPU application.07:36
persiadholbach: nixternal geser ?07:36
dholbachporthose_: anything that you still find difficult or what makes you less confident with some packages?07:37
nixternalI don't have any questions relating to technical stuff since I am confident porthose_ knows what he is doing, and the questions dholbach and persia asked reflected my thoughts already07:37
dholbach(anything specific you can think of?)07:37
geserno questions which hasn't been asked already07:38
porthose_dholbach, I still find merges a bit difficult, but I am working on them07:38
dholbachthey can get hairy, but it's good you're pushing yourself "out there" :)07:39
dholbachthat's it from me, done with questions07:39
persia[VOTE] Recommend Charlie Smotherman (porthose) for PPU rights to quickplay, upnp-inspector, and pylirc07:39
MootBotPlease vote on:  Recommend Charlie Smotherman (porthose) for PPU rights to quickplay, upnp-inspector, and pylirc.07:39
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot07:39
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting07:39
MootBot+1 received from persia. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 107:39
MootBot+1 received from dholbach. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 207:40
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 307:40
MootBot+1 received from geser. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 407:40
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 407:40
dholbachcongratulations porthose_! :)07:40
porthose_Thank you MC  :)07:41
persiaporthose_: I do hope we'll see an application with a wider scope next time :)  Just asking for uploads to stuff you maintain in Debian when you're otherwise so active in Ubuntu seems hardly worth a meeting.07:41
nixternalcongrats again porthose_ :)07:41
persia[TOPIC] Contributing Developer application for David Henningsson (diwic)07:42
MootBotNew Topic:  Contributing Developer application for David Henningsson (diwic)07:42
porthose_persia, My next application will be for MOTU07:42
persia[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Diwic/DeveloperApplication07:42
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Diwic/DeveloperApplication07:42
diwicgood morning07:42
dholbachhey diwic, how are you?07:42
persiadiwic: Good morning.  How do you feel about your application today?07:42
diwicdholbach: Compared to others in here, I'm alert, sharp, and ready for a new day :-)07:43
diwicpersia: It feels good07:43
diwicpersia: I was happy to get good sponsor comments07:44
dholbachdiwic: I just had a brief look at the work you've been doing - I'm happy you like messing around with the audio world... what's still the biggest problems for you personally three?07:45
diwicdholbach: personally? Well, I still have things to learn to get to know the audio stack in detail, so I can fix the really hard bugs.07:47
dholbachsure, so there's nothing particular you're staring at... audio-wise... now? :)07:48
diwicdholbach: hmm...I have almost finished https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingSoundProblems/KarmicCaveats and in the weekend I'm planning to write an apport hook for audacity07:49
dholbachdiwic: nice07:50
* dholbach 's done with questions07:50
persiadiwic: Other than bug and development work, do you contribute to Ubuntu in other ways?07:50
nixternaldiwic: you state you have 1/2 things in fluidsynth in Debian that needs to be fixed..have you fixed them yet? if not, how long have they gone unfixed and why haven't they been fixed yet?07:51
diwicnixternal: one of them will be fixed with the next release of FluidSynth, which is underway07:51
diwicnixternal: the other one is a release to Debian stable so it feels a bit scary ;-)07:52
diwicpersia: that would be a little documentation perhaps, but mostly bug and development work07:55
nixternalI have no more questions...great feedback!07:56
persiageser: ?07:57
diwicpersia: I'm also answer contact for audacity / fluidsynth / qarecord07:57
nixternaljust returned from my heart attack....a damn audio file I clicked on about an hour ago started playing with the speakers cranked07:57
geserstill no questions07:57
nixternali love it when that happens, all troubleshooting skills go out the window as you look around dumbfounded trying to figure out what the hell to do first07:58
persia[VOTE] David Henningsson [diwic] to become a Contributing Developer07:58
MootBotPlease vote on:  David Henningsson [diwic] to become a Contributing Developer.07:58
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot07:58
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting07:58
MootBot+1 received from dholbach. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 107:58
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 207:58
MootBot+1 received from persia. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 307:58
MootBot+1 received from geser. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 407:59
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 407:59
nixternalcongrats diwic \o/07:59
dholbachcongratulations diwic! :-)07:59
diwicthanks! :-)07:59
persiaAnyone have anything else we need to consider today?07:59
dholbachIs there any Rodney Dawes or Scott Howard here?07:59
* diwic hugs everybody07:59
dholbachthen I guess we should08:00
dholbach * Decide who is going to Updating process approved applications.08:00
dholbach * Update MOTU/Headers/NextMCMeeting.08:00
dholbach * Update our team report: MOTU/Council/TeamReport08:00
nixternaldholbach: that is under fixed items08:00
persiaYes, but that's what we do at the end :)08:00
macodiwic: congrats :)08:01
persia[TOPIC] Decide who is going to Updating process approved applications.08:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Decide who is going to Updating process approved applications.08:01
persiaAny volunteers?08:01
* nixternal notes it is 02:01 here and is going to go to bed08:01
* dholbach can do it08:01
persiadholbach: Thanks!08:01
persia[TOPIC] Update MOTU/Headers/NextMCMeeting.08:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Update MOTU/Headers/NextMCMeeting.08:01
persiaI'll do this one08:01
persia[TOPIC] Update our team report: MOTU/Council/TeamReport08:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Update our team report: MOTU/Council/TeamReport08:01
dholbachwe should probably add "reference meeting log on MC Meeting page" to the fixed items too08:04
* dholbach does that08:04
persiaI've got the page locked :)08:04
dholbachcan you add it? :)08:04
persiaYep, I'm also cleaning up the agenda.08:05
dholbachI'll take care of the rest08:05
dholbachand somebody else does it next time! :)08:05
persiaI'll do the team report if nobody else wants to, but I'd rather not, as it ought be done when we can link to the emails for the processing.08:05
MootBotMeeting finished at 02:05.08:05
nixternalg'nite all and congrats to all of the new members!08:06
dholbachnixternal: sleep tight08:06
diwicnixternal: thanks!08:07
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
=== imlad is now known as imlad|away
=== highvoltage is now known as highvoltage\n
=== highvoltage\n is now known as highvoltage
=== fader|away is now known as fader
=== robbiew_ is now known as robbiew
=== imlad|away is now known as imlad
=== fader is now known as fader|lunch
=== fader|lunch is now known as fader
=== robbiew is now known as robbiew_
=== kenvandif is now known as kenvainde
=== kenvainde is now known as kenvandine
=== jussi01 is now known as jussi01_
=== robbiew_ is now known as robbiew
=== jussio1 is now known as jussi01
=== Amaranth_ is now known as Amaranth
=== fader is now known as fader|away
=== imlad is now known as imlad|away

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!