=== robbiew is now known as robbiew_
ubottuTeam meetings are held in #ubuntu-meeting - See « /msg ubottu logs » for transcripts.05:10
ubottuInformation about using and setting your computer's clock on Ubuntu can be found at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuTime - See https://help.ubuntu.com/9.04/serverguide/C/NTP.html for information on usage of the Network Time Protocol (NTP)05:10
=== Yos_ is now known as Yos
cyphermoxgeser, was the MC meeting cancelled?07:21
geserno, but the other MC members are not here yet07:24
geserpersia, nhandler, nixternal, jpds: here?07:25
kecsap_what happens the mc meeting today?07:33
kecsap_when will it take place07:34
cyphermoxkecsap_, it's as geser said :)07:34
geserwhen we have quorum07:34
kecsap_so waiting....07:34
cyphermoxkecsap_, sorry, i hadn't realized you probably didn't see the messages07:35
kecsap_cyphermox, my laptop was frozen and it was needed to restart it. no problem. :)07:35
geserdholbach: kecsap_ and cyphermox are waiting for us07:56
geserQuintasan|Szel: are you here too?07:57
cyphermoxgeser, dholbach, I'm very sorry but I guess I'll have to reschedule, it's getting really late here and I need to get some sleep... so it's going to be back in January :)08:05
kecsap_from my side, I can still wait, no problem for me08:06
dholbachcyphermox: I'm sorry - either January or we might manage to have an adhoc meeting08:06
cyphermoxnot a problem08:06
* dholbach hugs cyphermox08:07
dholbachsleep tight :)08:07
* cyphermox hugs back08:07
cyphermoxfrom the Meeting page, "Ad-hoc meeting on 11 December 2009 on 14 UTC", is that valid?08:07
gesercyphermox: if 6h of sleep are enough for you :), we are trying to do an adhoc meeting at 14 UTC today08:07
dholbachfor Quintasan|Szel08:07
cyphermoxgeser, my point exactly :)08:07
geserif we reach quorum at that time, yes08:08
cyphermoxalright, I should be there08:08
kecsap_can I still wait or this meeting is obviously lost?08:09
dholbachkecsap_: I just texted two other MC members - it's an obvious problem we have as the MC is literally spread around the globe08:09
dholbach(east side of the US, Europe and Japan :))08:10
dholbachkecsap_: so if you still have time, don't give up hope yet08:10
kecsap_ok, I still have hope. :)08:11
geserkecsap_: I see in your application page no testimonials and no sponsored uploads. did you work with the community till now?08:13
dholbachkecsap_: you're CsabaKertesz?08:13
kecsap_as I mentioned there I did not work on ubuntu distribution, but on upstream projects08:15
dholbachkecsap_: it's a bit hard for us to approve MOTU membership for people who we haven't seen getting patches into Ubuntu itself08:15
kecsap_that is what I would like to push with my patches now: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/opencv/+bug/31118808:15
ubottuUbuntu bug 311188 in opencv "Fails to find ffmpeg headers" [Low,In progress]08:15
dholbachkecsap_: usually we use the Sponsorship Process to get patches and packages uploaded to Ubuntu for people who are not part of the team yet08:15
dholbach(basically you just subscribe the reviewers team to the bug)08:15
dholbachhttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/SponsorshipProcess has more detail about that08:16
dholbachhaving had a few conversations about patches between reviewers and somebody who applies makes it easier for us to approve membership08:16
dholbachhttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/GettingStarted lists all the other good documentation too08:16
kecsap_so first I should patch some software in lucid and try the membership after that?08:17
dholbachkecsap_: exactly08:17
dholbachkecsap_: so the next time we meet we can have a look at what you've done and what others have said about you08:18
kecsap_ok and how much bugs should I fix for this? :)08:18
dholbachkecsap_: that makes the whole thing more straight-forward than having to make assumptions about what you know and what you don't know :)08:18
dholbachkecsap_: what I find very helpful is talking to sponsors and reviewers08:18
geserthat way you can prove your packaging skills, your knowlegde of the processes and if you can work with others (and others with you)08:18
dholbachkecsap_: they might have had a look at a few of your patches and will be happy to add an endorsement to your wiki page08:19
dholbachkecsap_: I really hope you don't see this as a set-back08:19
dholbachkecsap_: we're there in #ubuntu-motu all the time to help with anything you might need08:19
dholbachhttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/GettingStarted should give you all the most important info to get started08:20
kecsap_let's see. if others will be responsive and helpful then no problem08:20
dholbachawesome - the sponsorship process usually works out quite well08:20
kecsap_ok, then I will fix some bugs and update my motu membership application.08:21
dholbachthanks a lot kecsap_08:21
dholbachkecsap_: I really appreciate your understanding08:21
kecsap_thanks to you08:21
dholbachand as I said: #ubuntu-motu has a lot of future friends :)08:21
kecsap_c u on january. :)08:21
dholbachkecsap_: I'll comment out your application from the meeting page for now, ok?08:21
dholbachthanks a bunch08:22
dholbachand have a great day!08:22
kecsap_ok, bye08:22
=== fader|away is now known as fader_
Quintasandholbach: you're around?14:03
dholbachhello quintasan14:04
persiaQuintasan: Unfortunately, while some of us are around, we're still chasing down the other couple.14:04
dholbachcyphermox: ready? :)14:04
Quintasandholbach: hello14:04
dholbachlet's kick off the meeting anyway14:04
Quintasanpersia: okay14:04
dholbachif we can't have the full vote, we'll handle the rest via email - I'll try to get people into the meeting as we go :)14:04
dholbachpersia: want to drive the meeting?14:04
gesercyphermox: did you sleep well?14:04
MootBotMeeting started at 08:04. The chair is persia.14:05
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]14:05
cyphermoxnot too bad. A little short ;)14:05
persia[TOPIC] Contributing Developer applicatio for Mathieu Trudel14:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Contributing Developer applicatio for Mathieu Trudel14:05
persia[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Mtrudel/ContributingDeveloperApplication14:05
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Mtrudel/ContributingDeveloperApplication14:05
dholbach(this is the agenda for those who haven't seen it yet: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Council/Meeting :-))14:05
persiadholbach: Thanks :)14:06
persiacyphermox: Welcome.  So, what is your motivation for becoming a Contributing Developer?14:06
persia(not why do you develop, but why do you apply for this group now?)14:07
cyphermoxI'm very interested in Ubuntu developer and I think packaging rocks :) My plan is to join the MOTU team, and I see it as another step in becoming more versed into what is going on14:07
dholbachcyphermox: who did you mostly work with in the Ubuntu world?14:08
persiaWell, you're already an Ubuntu Member, so there's no additional rights or permissions that go with being a Contributing Developer.14:08
cyphermoxdholbach, mostly asac and awe as part of the NetworkManager team, which I am now a part of.14:08
cyphermoxotherwise, I've done work on some patches here and there on other stuff14:08
asacyes.. cyphermox is doing a remarkable job there14:08
cyphermoxe.g. telepathy-butterfly14:08
asacconsider a +1 for me on his application!14:09
cyphermoxI also started this cool little project to test EC2 images, --> lp:checklist ;)14:09
persiageser: dholbach: Do either of you have any other questions?14:10
dholbachpersia: no :)14:10
dholbachpretty uncontroversial :)14:11
geserjust a quick question14:11
geserI see that you got one upload sponsored for hardy, then a longer pause and several uploads for karmic. any specific reason for this long pause?14:11
ScottKcyphermox: In Kubuntu we often have trouble with NetworkManager and the KDE front end getting out of sync.14:11
ScottKWould you be able to help us out with fixing such problems?14:12
cyphermoxgeser, I'd say it's because of my work. kind of busy in some aspects, and following my upload some coworkers convinced me to be more active. jcastro helped out in convincing me too :)14:12
cyphermoxScottK, I'd love to. My C skills aren't perfect, but I believe it's good enough to fix some bugs. I'm much better at python though14:13
geserso you plan to stay active? sounds good :)14:13
cyphermoxOTOH, as I don't use KDE all that much (probably because of the very issues you speak of), I haven't had as much exposure to it as I'd like14:13
cyphermoxgeser, indeed14:14
ScottKWe can fix that ...14:14
ScottKasac gave us some big help the last cycle and we'll miss his assistance.14:14
cyphermoxas I said, work takes a lot of my time -- I'm a sysadmin in a fairly small team to take on *lots* of systems. but I work on Ubuntu whenever I can14:14
asacScottK: good thing is that NM wont be that aggressivley up-to-date in future, so the knetworkmanager upstream delay might already be good enough14:15
ScottKasac: Good to know, just looking for resources if it comes up ....14:15
JontheEchidnahopefully they'll support NM 0.8 longer than they did 0.7 ;-) ... but I'm getting off-topic14:16
asackubuntu team should get someone in the netowrk-manager team imo14:16
asacso we can train someone etc.14:16
persiaSo, any more queries for cyphermox ?14:16
dholbachnot from me14:16
persiageser: ?14:17
geserno question from me too14:17
dholbachshall we vote and chase missing votes per mailing list?14:18
persiaOK.  We're unfortunately still not quorate, but given that granting membership to an Ubuntu Member is a no-op, I'm happy to accept success if three of us vote in favour.  Does that sound reasonable dholbach, geser?14:18
gesersure :)14:18
dholbach+1 :)14:19
persia[VOTE] Accept Mathieu Trudel as a Contributing Developer14:19
MootBotPlease vote on:  Accept Mathieu Trudel as a Contributing Developer.14:19
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot14:19
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting14:19
MootBot+1 received from geser. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 114:19
MootBot+1 received from persia. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 214:19
MootBot+1 received from dholbach. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 314:19
MootBotFinal result is 3 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 314:19
persiacyphermox: Congratulations!  This doesn't get you much, as you're already a member, but welcome to the team!14:20
JontheEchidnaCongrats. :)14:20
cyphermoxthanks :)14:20
QuintasanGrats :D14:20
dholbachcyphermox: rock on! on to motu-ship (or wherever you go next)!14:20
dholbachI'm sure you'll do a good job14:20
persiaOK.  Next up.14:21
persia[TOPIC] MOTU application for Michal Zajac14:21
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU application for Michal Zajac14:21
persia[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MichalZajac/MOTUApplication14:22
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MichalZajac/MOTUApplication14:22
persiaQuintasan: How are you doing today?14:22
Quintasanpersia: oh, good, excited :)14:22
persiaQuintasan: I notice that you're really focused in Kubuntu Development.  What prompts you to apply to MOTU rather than as Kubuntu-dev (or is there a parallel application in process?)14:23
* geser has the same question14:23
ScottKpersia: There is a lot of KDE stuff in Universe that kubuntu-dev does not give upload rights for.14:23
persiaScottK: Is that something that ought be addressed, or just a coincidence?14:24
Quintasanpersia: well I think upload rights to main are big responsibility and I'd like to spend some more time on learning packaging, also being a dev involves coding somehow and I recently picked c++14:24
dholbachhow much of https://launchpad.net/~quintasan/+related-software is core Kubuntu?14:24
=== robbiew_ is now known as robbiew
ScottKpersia: I think it's an open question.  Quintasan has shown an interest in the 'long tail' of KDE stuff and has many of the attributes that would make him suitable to be a MOTU gardener.14:25
Quintasandholbach: most of the Uploaded packages with exception to dooble and recorditnow14:25
dholbachQuintasan: one comment on the application said you might want to consider talking to upstream developer some more. is that on your radar somehow?14:26
persiaQuintasan: What do you think is the best way to tackle the needs-packaging list?14:26
Quintasandholbach: yup, I have gluon to package and I will contact debian-qt-kde devels to consult the package splitting with them14:27
dholbachQuintasan: do you think it's hard to be and stay in touch with upstream kde and upstream debian?14:27
Quintasanpersia: I would first gather all reports that contain unmaintained and WIP application and check whether it's worth packaging or not14:28
persiaQuintasan: So begin a process of discrimination to exclude packages that don't appear to add value?14:28
Quintasandholbach: I really think it depends on type a package, if it's a core package then it can be hard sometimes, like 4.4 packaging :)14:29
Quintasanpersia: something like this, there is no point in including all of available apps out there, is there?14:30
dholbachQuintasan: what did you find problematic or "not so easy" there?14:30
persiaThat's the core of the debate :)  The counter argument is that users should never have to go anywhere else for software.14:30
Quintasandholbach: I had few problems with libs and missing files but I sorted them out after few hours.14:31
dholbachQuintasan: with upstreams help? :)14:31
Quintasandholbach: not really, though there were few changes in okteta and I needed to consult with upstream what to do with files14:32
dholbachQuintasan: how's the polish ubuntu translations scene?14:32
Quintasandholbach: I think quite good. There are many skilled translators and I saw movement on our mailing list14:33
dholbachthat's great to hear14:33
persiaQuintasan: I notice a number of build failures from some of your recent uploads (e.g. kdeadmin).  What steps have you taken to address these?14:34
QuintasanAFAIK everything with exception to kdegames was built successfully.14:36
* ScottK notes for the record that he had build failures with the recent KDE 4.4 beta too. It was a complex transition.14:36
RiddellI'd like to reitterate my comments on Quintasan's application, he's learnt well and would be a positive contribution to MOTU and KDE packages in universe if approved14:36
JontheEchidnayeah, 4.4 beta was brutal14:37
QuintasanI just can nod :)14:37
persiaI'm sure it was.  I'm more curious about Quintasan's explanation of the process to address the failures than that the source happened to be difficult.14:37
Quintasanpersia: I can't quite remember having problems with kdeadmin though I might have forgotten to change *.so version, that was the most common source of build failures for me14:38
Quintasanlet me look in bzr14:39
JontheEchidnaQuintasan: there was a build-dep on libx11-dev that was forgotten14:39
JontheEchidnabut I missed that in my sponsoring of your package, so I'm just as much to blame as you14:39
Riddellwhich was actually an issue elsewhere14:39
JontheEchidnayeah, that too14:39
persiaQuintasan: Feel free to pick another example package.  It's that the last several showed up at https://launchpad.net/~quintasan/+related-software rather than kdeadmin specifically14:39
JontheEchidnamost of those other ones are just ports failures, as far as I can see14:40
QuintasanI was about to type this14:40
JontheEchidnaAll ports excpet powerpc I believe are a bit busted at the moment14:40
Quintasanpersia: AFAIK ports are most problematic14:41
JontheEchidnawait, not powerpc14:41
JontheEchidnaall ports except sparc are busted due to failures at a lower-level than kde14:41
QuintasanNot much I can do about this :P14:42
* persia is done with questions, but generally encourages existing developers to let candidates answer questions, as it becomes hard to judge knowledge of processes and procedures, and technical skills when the answers come from many directions :)14:42
persiadholbach: geser: ?14:43
* dholbach is done too14:43
geserno further questions14:43
JontheEchidnaoh, sorry :P14:43
persiaQuintasan: Apologies, but apparently we've a couple ill council members today.  We'll start voting, but have to finish via email.14:43
persia[VOTE] MOTU Application for Michal Zajac14:44
MootBotPlease vote on:  MOTU Application for Michal Zajac.14:44
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot14:44
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting14:44
persia+1 : with this level of support from the rest of the Kubuntu folk, I'm confident any remaining wrinkles will be flattened soon.14:44
MootBot+1 received from persia. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 114:44
MootBot+1 received from geser. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 214:44
MootBot+1 received from dholbach. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 314:44
JontheEchidnaQuintasan: good luck with the rest14:45
QuintasanJontheEchidna, ScottK, Riddell: thanks for showing up :)14:45
ScottKNo problem.  Glad to be here.14:45
Quintasandholbach, persia, geser: Thanks guys!14:45
MootBotFinal result is 3 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 314:45
dholbachQuintasan: keep up the good work!14:45
persiaQuintasan: With luck you'll get a firm answer in the next few days.14:46
persia[TOPIC] Business before MOTU Council14:46
MootBotNew Topic:  Business before MOTU Council14:46
QuintasanI bet I will be checking my mail every few minutes :P14:46
persiaNobody put anything on the agenda.  Does anyone have any ad-hoc items?14:46
dholbachpersia: just who takes care of processing the applications14:46
persiaI'll do that today, as well as update the headers and the report.14:47
dholbachpersia: thanks muchly!14:47
* dholbach has no further business14:47
persiaOK.  As a reminder, the next meeting has been postponed in favour of being lazy at year-end.14:47
persiaWe'll be reconvening 8th December, at 7:00 UTC.14:48
dholbachJanuary :)14:48
* persia is getting an early start of the being lazy bit :)14:48
persiaWe'll be reconvening 8th *January*, at 7:00 UTC.14:48
MootBotMeeting finished at 08:49.14:49
dholbachthanks a bunch everybody!14:49
geserwoohoo, that was the last MC meeting for this year :)14:50
=== r40 is now known as twinsenx
dholbachgeser: you're right :)14:52
geserwasn't it even the last MC meeting for this decade?14:53
dholbachthat we still have to find out :)14:53
geserdoesn't 2010 start the new decade?14:55
cyphermoxgeser, it does14:55
dholbachoh well, sorry guys :)14:57
mhall119|workI thought 2011 started the new decade15:15
geirhaDoesn't every year start a new decade?15:18
ScottKmhall119|work is technically correct since there was no year 0.15:44
* asac waves15:58
* ogra lurks15:59
* apw zones in15:59
* marjo wave16:00
* slangasek waves16:00
slangasekrobbiew, cjwatson, davidm, rickspencer3, Riddell, ScottK, njpatel, jdstrand: ping16:03
slangasekhi, all16:03
MootBotMeeting started at 10:03. The chair is slangasek.16:03
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:03
ttxcjwatson is away today, methink16:03
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2009-12-1116:04
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2009-12-1116:04
slangasek[TOPIC] Actions from previous meeting16:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Actions from previous meeting16:04
slangasekmost of these I know were done16:04
=== vorian is now known as Obama
pittiah, I talked to dbarth16:04
slangasek  * asac to announce https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/Thumb2 to the broader developer community16:04
pittiand also left the questions in the whiteboard16:04
asacdone (today)16:04
* pitti checks16:04
slangasekok, great16:04
=== Obama is now known as LordObama
pittihm, wasn't fixed yet, though16:05
pittislangasek: but the plymouth MIR is filed, anyway16:06
* ogra is really curious how that will behave on armel16:06
slangasekpitti: so I think we can strike that from the list as well16:06
slangasek[TOPIC] final spec lists to ubuntu-release@lists.ubuntu.com16:08
MootBotNew Topic:  final spec lists to ubuntu-release@lists.ubuntu.com16:08
slangasekjust a brief reminder about this, since I haven't received any new ones since last week - I have foundations and desktop, and that's it16:08
asacin what form?16:08
asacoh i think i can look at what was send16:08
* apw missed that action, applogies16:09
slangasekyou can check the list archive for examples - https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2009-December/16:09
pittislangasek: would you mind if I go first today, since I need to leave in 20 mins? (sorry, big family event)16:09
slangasekI'm not too fussy about the form of the mail, I just want to make sure we have something that details, from your own mouths, what your team considers the priorities for this cycle to make sure we're all on the same page16:10
slangasekpitti: ok16:10
slangasek[TOPIC] Desktop Team16:10
MootBotNew Topic:  Desktop Team16:10
slangasekpitti: let's get right to it, then :)16:10
pittias usual, our report is on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:11
pittiactivity this week: desktop startup speed, landed X.org halsectomy, started power-saving work, landed first wave of new DX indicator work16:11
pittia2 work items: on track16:11
pittiRC bug status: pretty calm16:11
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:11
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:11
pittiI expect that the bugs will come once we enable apport again (retracer chroots are now set up, BTW)16:11
pittithere are a couple of X crashes which we need more info on, but right now the apport bit of X is disabled (needs porting)16:12
pittibut by and large the udevified X caused way less trouble than anticipated16:12
slangasekI'll withhold my own judgement on that until my X server stops crashing when I close my lid ;)16:13
slangasekbug is filed - just an idle comment, don't worry about it :)16:13
pittiwrt desktop-lucid-une: Didier Roche will work on this, but he only starts on January 7th16:13
pittiso we'll handle that during his induction sprint in Paris that week16:14
asachmm. on arm i saw some udev complains on console and X didnt start. thought it was something else with our install;... so there were udev related changes to X?16:14
asacbut lets talk about that after meeting16:14
pittiasac: it should start either way; what can happen is that you don't have any input devices16:14
pittiasac: bug report with x log and udevadm info --export-db would be appreciated16:15
pitti(please subscribe me)16:15
asacyeah. i wasnt that far yet ;).16:15
slangasekpitti: the release status page misses the bug link for the nv crasher bug; is that on your radar elsewhere?16:15
pittioops, sorry16:16
slangasek(494627, fwiw)16:16
pittibug 494627, will add to the page now16:16
ubottuLaunchpad bug 494627 in xserver-xorg-video-nv "nv driver crashing with segmentation fault in libpthread.so.0" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/49462716:16
slangasekpitti: any concerns about other specs targeted for alpha-2?16:17
pittithe one that's really big and potentially in jeopardy is social-from-the-start16:17
pittiOTOH it's not a dealbreaker if it slips16:18
pittiit's just on a2 because it has rather intrusive changes16:18
pittibut by and large I think we're on track16:18
slangasekany questions for desktop from others?16:18
slangasek[TOPIC] QA Team16:19
MootBotNew Topic:  QA Team16:19
slangasekpitti: thanks16:19
slangasekmarjo: hi16:19
marjo* Hardware testing16:20
marjo        passed: 9 (69%) failed: 0 (0%)  untested: 4 (31%)16:20
marjo        passed: 22 (86%) failed: 2 (7%)  untested: 2 (7%)16:20
marjo        passed: 13 (25%) failed: 33 (62%)        untested: 7 (13%)16:20
marjo        passed: 12 (100%) failed: 0 (0%)  untested: 0 (0%)16:20
pittioops, what happened on server?16:20
fader_pitti: bug 49405216:21
ubottuLaunchpad bug 494052 in linux "bnx2 driver cannot find firmware" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/49405216:21
pittiah, so it's like "one major bug which affects many machines"?16:21
fader_It's a popular network card and it's not being initialized properly, preventing the install16:21
fader_pitti: indeed16:21
slangasekI've proposed a permanent fix for that class of bug in bug #49477416:21
ubottuLaunchpad bug 494774 in kernel-wedge "kernel-wedge should autodetect the firmware needed by the modules being added to udebs (modinfo -F firmware)" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/49477416:22
marjopitti: i know you're already looking for 100%s all around16:22
marjogive it some time, we'll get there!16:22
slangasekmarjo: are the two laptop failures anything that need to be discussed?16:22
marjofader_ promises so16:22
slangasekand was 494052 the /only/ bug hampering us on server?16:23
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~fader/hw-testing/current.html16:23
marjosame bug, 2 failures16:24
fader_slangasek: The laptop failures were X starting in low-graphics mode, but it seems to be fixed now16:24
marjois that what you meant?16:24
fader_I'll ask moustafa to double-check that in the lab16:24
fader_And yes, that is the only distro bug we're currently seeing on servers16:24
slangaseknot a bad result after all, then :)16:24
marjothat's pretty good this early on16:24
fader_(there were a couple of power issues but those don't seem to be bugs in the distro but environmental/hardware issues)16:25
marjoslangasek ready for alpha1 test report?16:26
slangasekmarjo: do we need to discuss anything on lucid-qa-checkbox-desktop-experience-tests?  it missed the alpha-1 target, but I don't know that it's anything we need to discuss here?16:26
slangasekmarjo: oh, yes, please go ahead with that first16:26
marjooh, sorry16:26
marjo* UbuntuSpec:lucid-qa-checkbox-desktop-experience-tests16:26
marjo[cr3] Add DX PPA when testing and reboot if new packages are discovered: INPROGRESS16:26
marjoLucid Alpha 1 Test Report16:27
marjo= Summary =16:27
marjo== Test Coverage ==16:27
marjoImage Test Coverage = 72%16:27
marjoTest Case Coverage = 55%16:27
marjoThe main reason of the low coverage is that images were not installable16:27
marjountil Wednesday morning, leaving only one day for testing the final images.16:27
marjooverall, quite good coverage for alpha116:28
* ScottK is here now.16:28
* pitti waves; sorry, have to leave; please direct desktopish questions to rickspencer316:28
slangasekpitti: thanks, have fun16:28
marjo=== Test Failure Analysis ===16:28
marjo23 Test Failures16:28
marjoFailure Rate 23/181 = 12.7%16:28
mdzmarjo: in light of the reduced coverage, will we continue to test alpha 1 until we get full coverage, or is that not worthwhile at this point?16:28
marjomdz: we could do that, let's see if we can keep the testers going16:29
marjosince all is set up now16:29
slangasekthe untested images consist of DVDs + edubuntu + mythbuntu + ubuntustudio, I believe16:29
mdzthe DVDs have some testing but not full coverage16:30
slangasekI don't think it's worth having people test DVDs that we don't mean to publish; any problems they find are so unlikely to apply to the next milestone16:30
marjoslangasek: so, we focus the testing appropriately that way16:30
slangasekoh, so they do - those results came in after alpha-1 was published without the DVDs then16:30
marjoslangasek: it doesn't hurt to test anyway right?16:31
slangasekmarjo: as long as you're not burning up your testers' good will :)16:31
mdzthe DVD tests have found some bugs16:31
marjoslangasek: practice makes perfect, but i agree w/ you16:31
mdzbug 495194 notably which seems potentially DVD-specific16:32
ubottuLaunchpad bug 495194 in ubiquity "Lucid DVD installer fails to remove packages" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/49519416:32
marjothe more we get testers in the groove now, i think will make things go smoother later16:32
marjo== Bugs summary ==16:33
marjo=== Summary of Unfixed Issues ===16:33
marjo26 bugs unfixed16:33
marjoCritical - 316:33
marjo#489791   Compilation fails because of changed interface in libpoppler  Fix Released16:33
marjo#491342 assembly fails to build on armel/lucidFix Released16:33
marjo#494027 After upgrade to KDE 4.4 beta in Lucid, no KDE applications will start.Fix Released16:33
marjoHigh - 516:33
marjoMedium - 216:33
marjoLow - 116:33
marjoUndecided - 1516:33
marjo=== Summary of Fixed Issues ===16:33
marjo3 bugs fixed16:33
marjoHigh - 116:33
marjoMedium - 116:33
marjoUnknown - 116:33
mdzmarjo: the 3 critical bugs under 'unfixed' all say 'fixed released'; what does that mean?16:34
slangasekall three of the *un*fixed issues are marked "Fix released"?16:34
marjofull report will follow in email16:34
marjothat means at the time report was written, they were showing critical and not fixed released yet16:34
marjowhen i looked this morning, they were "fix released"16:35
marjotiming issue, i think16:35
marjothat's all for QA16:35
slangasekis anyone triaging the 'undecided' bugs to make sure they get importances and targets set appropriately?16:35
slangasekok, thanks16:36
slangasekanyone have questions for QA?16:36
marjothx all16:37
slangasek[TOPIC] DX Team16:37
MootBotNew Topic:  DX Team16:37
slangasekmarjo: thanks16:37
slangaseknjpatel: hi, are you covering for DX?16:37
njpatelslangasek: I can try :)16:38
slangasekthe one agenda item I had up for DX is dx-lucid-xsplash - does that appear to be on track?16:38
slangasekI gather that the next step is one you're waiting for scott on16:39
njpatelI'm finding out16:39
slangasekdo you want us to move along and come back to you?16:39
Keybukwaiting for me?16:39
Keybukor another scott?16:39
slangasekKeybuk: you16:39
njpatelslangasek: dbarth seems to have not made it, so can we come back to dx? I'll try and get some info 'till then16:40
Keybukslangasek: I'm not aware of anyone waiting on me for anything16:40
slangasekKeybuk: "get xsplash prototype from scott: TODO"16:40
Keybukslangasek: DX haz it16:40
slangasekah, whiteboard needs updating then :)16:40
slangaseknjpatel: yep, sounds good16:40
slangasek[TOPIC] Mobile Team16:40
MootBotNew Topic:  Mobile Team16:40
slangasekasac, ogra: hello16:40
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid16:40
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid16:40
asacso we had problems with hardware and image production16:41
asacbut managed to get a bootable image in the end ;)16:41
asacfor imx5116:41
ogra(we always have probs with HW production :) )16:41
asacso not much progress was done on other bugs this week16:41
* slangasek nods16:42
ograit had installer issues due to a cryptsetup bug which we fixed today16:42
asacalso our dove port owner is on vacation ... so we need to catch up next week16:42
=== thekorn_ is now known as thekorn
asacyeah. 495161: cryptsetup: initramfs-tools cryproot hook adds >10M to initrd size ... got fixed now16:42
slangasekogra, asac: is the missing /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/arch/.../crypto directory also a bug, btw?16:43
asacslangasek: seems its  built-in16:43
ograour encryption device is compiled in on the SoC16:43
ograwe need to cross check on dove though16:43
slangasekglad that got fixed; too bad it missed alpha-116:43
asacyeah. but there is a workaround you can use to install the image ... so its not that bad ;)16:44
ograwell, we have a workaround i'Äm just trying out16:44
ograbut i discovered other odd things, seems compcache doesnt behave niocely on armel atm16:44
ograi'll have ot research that more before filing a bug16:45
asacon the blueprint side we are slightly behind, but there are ab unch of low hanging fruits we can go for to get below the trend line for alpha-216:45
asacso i think we are on track there in general16:45
ogra(the chart robbiew pointed to didnt look like we're behind)16:46
slangasekhum, if you're doing the low-hanging fruit to get below the trend line, doesn't that mean you'll be pressed at the end? :)16:46
asacslangasek: no. those were tasks to be done in the beginning anyway. its not picking easy stuff from the end16:46
slangasekyou guys have several specs marked essential for alpha-2; anything that should be discussd there?16:47
slangasekgcc v7+thumb2 is in the archive for a while, I know - are the build failures manageable at this point?16:47
asacso far yes. but i expect more to come16:48
asacdave martin from arm prepared a list of packages that are potential causing issues. so we will go through that proativeyl now16:48
asac(with help of kees)16:49
slangasekok, great16:49
asacthat list was supposed to be on the thumb2 wiki by now16:49
asacwill prod him16:49
asacthe others essential ones look good16:49
asac2d-launcher waits for a code drop16:49
asacbut once we have that it should go quick16:50
ograuboot just needs code cleanup of the proof of concept and different defaults in the package16:50
slangasekwho's responsible for that code drop?16:50
ograone or two days at most16:50
slangasek(should that be a work item on https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/mobile-lucid-une-2d-launcher, assigned to them?)16:51
* asac checks16:51
asacits in status atm16:51
slangasekyes, which means it doesn't get on the reports :)16:51
asaci will check whats the status16:52
asacand add it as work item16:52
asacif there seems to be something not on track16:52
slangasekanything else on mobile?  any questions for them?16:52
asacnot from me16:53
ScottKFYI, qt4-x11 is now built on armel16:53
* ogra noticed that :)16:53
ograScottK, what about the rest of KDE land ?16:53
slangasekScottK: how did your kubuntu arm build fare?16:53
ScottKCurrently kde4libs FTBFS due to qreal stuff.16:54
ograslangasek, mostly FTBFS due to qt16:54
ScottKRiddell has a test build going in the porter's PPA now.16:54
ScottKSo we've started work.16:54
slangasekthe image build, I meant16:54
slangasekor did you never get that far?16:54
ogradidnt NCommander fix that several times already ?16:54
ScottKslangasek: We haven't been installable for quite some time16:54
asacScottK: Riddell: remember to file bugs with armel/armv7 tag and ubuntu-armel subscribed16:54
ScottKSo no Kubuntu builds for armel yet16:55
ScottK(ISO builds)16:55
* slangasek nods16:55
asacdo we need to make a spec or something we can track for kde-arm?16:55
ScottKogra: NCommander has been a huge help, but we get new qreal stuff every release.  We've talked to upstream and they're trying to train people to avoid it.16:56
ScottKasac: No, we'll do it as part of our Kubuntu work.16:56
ScottK... and scream when we need help.16:56
ograasac, we just need to give them the buildds from time to time :)16:56
ograso the big chunk can be uploaded16:56
asacok. cool. thx ScottK.16:57
slangasekanything els?16:57
ogranot here16:58
asacmove on.16:58
slangasek[TOPIC] Server Team16:58
MootBotNew Topic:  Server Team16:58
slangasekasac, ogra: thanks16:58
slangasekttx: hello16:58
ttxTeam status updated at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/ReleaseStatus16:58
ttxnow with graphs !16:58
slangaseknjpatel: shout when you're ready for me to come back to you, btw16:58
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/ReleaseStatus16:58
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/ReleaseStatus16:58
ttxTesting of ISOs early in the week allowed us to spot the most blocking issues for alpha116:59
ttxand fix them before the candidate was baked16:59
njpatelslangasek: no new news unfortunately :( It seems like the only change is receiving the prototype from scrott16:59
njpateler, scott16:59
ttxall in all alpha1 is pretty good, with Eucalyptus 1.6.1 landed and usable16:59
ttxwe'll break that next week by going to 1.6.217:00
ttxProgress on  the alpha 2 targeted spec is OK, as the burndown charts nicely show17:00
ttxAlpha1 ISO testing uncoeverd a few bugs that we targeted to Lucid17:01
ttxthe most painful one being bug 494595, because it's difficult to investigate17:01
ubottuLaunchpad bug 494595 in linux-ec2 "intermittent failed boot for lucid ec2 image" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/49459517:01
ttxThat's about it from us... questions ?17:02
slangasekserver-lucid-uec-testing says there should be testing happening at A1, but the test plans aren't written yet - is that in progress somewhere?17:04
jiboumansslangasek: the spec IS to create tests17:04
slangasekso the work items about testing at a1 should be dropped?17:05
ttxjiboumans: right there are some abusive work items in that spec17:05
mdzslangasek has a point, there are work items due for A117:05
mdzttx: abusive?17:05
ttxor I'd say "optimistic"17:05
mdzI'd say "late"17:05
jiboumansah, i thought he was referring to the wiki section of 'test plan'17:06
jiboumansright, late is the right answer in that case. alpha1 was a 'nice to have', alpha2 is the real target17:06
ttxwell, we applied the test plan as it currently stands -- which is an empty one :)17:06
jiboumans(which is why the spec itself is targeted for alpha2)17:07
jiboumanspractically, mathiaz is on holiday and we lack some of the hardware to do the tests17:07
mdzjiboumans: we can use alpha 1 to exercise the test infrastructure when it's ready17:07
jiboumansmdz: exactly17:07
slangasekwhen is mathiaz back from holiday?17:07
mdzthough it won't support all of the configurations17:08
jiboumansnext wednesday, the 16th17:08
mdzso we should change "for A1" to "on A1" I suppose17:08
ttxmdz: i'm on it.17:09
slangasekok, so we probably won't see much progress on this by next week either... not too many more weeks before alpha-2, and that's a long list of work items - you guys are still comfortable that this is going to make it for alpha-2?17:09
jiboumansslangasek: hardware delivery permitting17:09
slangasekanything else on server?17:10
slangasek[TOPIC] DX Team17:11
MootBotNew Topic:  DX Team17:11
slangasekttx, jiboumans: thanks17:11
slangaseknjpatel: "the only change is receiving the prototype from scott" - so everyone involved knows what needs to happen next?17:12
slangasek(i.e., they're aware they're unblocked by Keybuk, even if the whiteboard isn't)17:12
njpatelslangasek: yes -- and in case david doesn't know, I've already sent him a mail17:13
slangasekdoes anyone else have other concerns to raise with DX?17:13
slangaseknjpatel: you get off easy today, then :)17:14
slangasek[TOPIC] Kernel Team17:14
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel Team17:14
slangasekapw: hi17:14
apwOverall Kernel Team status is summarised at the URL below, including the items called out in the agenda.  The AppArmor item from last week did not make the Alpha-1 upload due to a last minute kitten killer, but will be in the first upload of Alpha-2.  So far our main alpha-2 deliverables are on track, ubuntu-delta updates are ahead of schedule.17:14
apw[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid17:14
njpatelslangasek: sweet :)17:14
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid17:14
apwNote of caution regarding the embedded burn down charts, it seems we have lost some 10 items since yesterday, and I have not yet figured out where they have gone.  I believe we would remain below the trend line ... but ...17:14
apwLucid kernel update is ready for upload post Alpha-1, this contains a large number of updates to ubuntu drivers.  Of note we have an updates AppArmor matching that going upstream, also we are enabling KMS for ATI Radeon (x-team is aware).  This also includes the first patches to help with the boot performance goal.17:14
slangasekno questions here17:18
slangasekanyone else?17:18
RiddellI didn't give a Kubuntu update, it would have said we got KDE SC 4.4 beta 1 uploaded17:18
Riddelland that beta 2 is due to be tagged sometime next week17:19
slangasekRiddell: I meant "anyone else have kernel issues to mention" :)17:19
Riddelloh right :)17:20
slangasek(but thanks for the report)17:20
slangasek[TOPIC] Security Team17:21
MootBotNew Topic:  Security Team17:21
slangasekapw: thanks17:21
slangasekjdstrand: hi17:21
jdstrandso, our status page moved to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid17:22
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid17:22
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid17:22
jdstrandthere isn't a lot to report (like last week). Due to the nature of the security team's work (ie security updates take precedence over dev work), we aren't committing to alpha-2 stuff17:23
jdstrandthat said, we are plugging away at our specs as time allows, and are so far on track17:23
jdstrandno problems so far17:24
jdstrandthat's pretty much it for now. any questions for the security team?17:24
slangaseknot from me17:25
slangasekanyone else?17:26
slangasek[TOPIC] Foundations Team17:26
MootBotNew Topic:  Foundations Team17:26
slangasekjdstrand: thanks17:26
slangasekrobbiew: around?17:26
jdstrandsure :)17:26
slangasekcjwatson: ping?17:26
* robbiew recalls him needing to run an errand, but I thought he had arranged for backup :/17:27
ScottKcjwatson: is on holiday today.17:27
ScottK(I think)17:27
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid17:27
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid17:27
robbiewwe're under the line for Alpha2...so things are good ;)17:28
slangasekhuh, looks like we also lost some work items in the latest report17:28
robbiewthe alpha 2 chart was broken17:28
robbiewcjwatson noticed yesterday and fixed it17:28
robbiewwell...asked pitti to fix it ;)17:28
slangasekand that's why the main chart has fewer work items now? ok17:29
slangasekdoes dbarth know he has a workitem for foundations that blocks an alpha-2 spec?17:30
robbiewthe xsplash security review one?17:30
slangasekI don't think the burndown charts address letting people from other teams /know/ they're assigned to workitems17:30
slangasekrobbiew: "develop  greeter offering choice between "Try Ubuntu without installing" and "Install Ubuntu""17:30
* robbiew was cc'd on an email from cjwatson17:31
robbiewto dbarth17:31
robbiewso he /should/ know17:31
slangaseknot worrying, then17:31
robbiewfwiw, I think the assignee of the blueprint should let others know17:31
slangasekanyone have any questions on foundations?17:32
robbiewand just a shout out for plymouth being uploaded and working....at least for me ;)17:32
slangasekI need to test that after the meeting :)17:32
robbiewin universe...but MIR has been submitted17:32
ScottKPython coordination with Debian is progressing, but is taking a lot of effort.17:33
ScottKslangasek: I sent a mail to u-d-a on Boost that needs to be moderated.17:33
slangasekanything else on foundations?17:34
slangasek[TOPIC] MOTU17:35
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU17:35
ScottKNothing to report.17:35
* ScottK didn't have time to work on the binary removal spec17:35
slangasekis there someone else who could help with some of that, while you're busy with python?17:36
ScottKAnyone who's got a little time and can do some grep/shell or python work to sort through stuff17:37
* ScottK can provide advice.17:37
slangasekbut you don't have a volunteer in mind, ok :)17:37
james_wjust a note that when the code on piware is updated from the branch and works again things like this should work:17:38
MootBotLINK received:  http://www.piware.de/workitems/global/lucid/report.html#james-w17:38
RoAkSoAxScottK, i do!17:38
slangasekjames_w: oh, nice17:38
james_wwhich will take you directly to your list of all workitems across all teams17:38
ScottKRoAkSoAx: Excellent.  Let's chat after the meeting.17:38
RoAkSoAxScottK, sure!17:38
ScottKAny other questions for MOTU?17:38
slangasek[ACTION] ScottK and RoAkSoAx to discuss hand-off of part of the binary removal spec17:38
MootBotACTION received:  ScottK and RoAkSoAx to discuss hand-off of part of the binary removal spec17:38
slangasekRoAkSoAx: great, thank you :)17:39
slangasekno questions here17:39
RoAkSoAxslangasek, no prob :)17:39
slangasekanything else before we wrap?17:39
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:39.17:39
slangasekdone.  thanks, folks!17:39
ScottKRoAkSoAx: Would you please join #ubuntuwire17:41
=== Jinx is now known as Pharox
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== fader_ is now known as fader|lunch
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== fader|lunch is now known as fader_
=== jsalisbury_ is now known as jsalisbury
=== Pici` is now known as Pici
=== jsalisbury_ is now known as jsalisbury
=== fader_ is now known as fader|away
=== elky is now known as Guest85008
=== lamont` is now known as lamont
=== moritz is now known as mbaumann
=== mbaumann is now known as moritz
=== alsroot is now known as Guest31768
=== Guest31768 is now known as alsroot

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!