djsiegelTheMuso: can you unpack that sentence for me please? :)00:00
pittidjsiegel: it's simple: just invert the polarisation of the quantum flux inverter00:03
TheMusodjsiegel: Casper is the package responsible for setting up various pieces for the live CD. It also sets up accessibility related stuff if the user chooses to choose an accessibility prfofile. When that gets uploaded, the empathy theme will be set to classic for those who use speech or braille.00:04
TheMusodjsiegel: I could upload it myself, but there is no great hurry, and other changes are likely to land in casper prior to alpha 3, so they will go in eventually.00:04
djsiegelpitti: silly me!00:05
djsiegelTheMuso: ok, I will tell the guy behind renkoo to prepare his final changes and kenvandine will get it ready for inclusion00:05
TheMusoOk sounds good.00:05
=== mpt_ is now known as mpt
Laneyseb128: can you sponsor a notify-sharp merge without a bug? lp:~laney/+junk/notify-sharp00:16
seb128Laney, ok00:17
Laneythanks a lot00:17
Laneyit will be depwait until new ndesk-dbus and ndesk-dbus-glib stuff appears00:18
seb128I just newed those a few minutes ago00:18
seb128so in the next publisher run00:18
Laneyok it's up to you if you want to wait or not00:19
seb128no need to00:19
TheMusotedg: Ok, I can verify the same thing you found with compiz. I cannot tab between icons, like I can in metacity, which is a compiz issue.00:29
tedgTheMuso: So, I think in result, we need a key command to get directly to the menus.00:33
tedgTheMuso: Or, more correctly, two.00:33
TheMusotedg: For the indicator only right?00:35
tedgTheMuso: There are two indicator applets.  indicator-applet and indicator-applet-session.  They are separate applets to gnome-panel.00:42
TheMusotedg: ok00:48
seb128mvo, hello?00:56
mvoseb128: hi, sorry00:57
seb128mvo, sorry to bother you about that but I want to get those boot changes done today00:57
seb128mvo, we need to keep moving there00:57
seb128mvo, is that ok to upload the .desktop change only to lucid?00:58
mvoseb128: just commited, feel free to upload00:59
seb128mvo, thanks!00:59
* seb128 hugs mvo00:59
asacmvo: is it just me? http://paste.ubuntu.com/367201/01:03
seb128mvo, you changed the default delay to 1 second, is that wanted?01:03
seb128in update-notifier.c01:03
asachmm signal 11 is segfault, right?01:03
seb128asac, yes01:03
asack nevermind then01:03
seb128mvo, hey?01:13
mvoseb128: hm, I guess the default can be zero01:14
seb128mvo, doesn't make really a difference I was just checking if that's ok to upload with that change you did01:15
seb128or if that was an error01:15
mvoasac: hm, perl dying?01:15
mvoseb128: that should be ok01:15
seb128mvo, ok, uploading now01:15
seb128mvo, thanks01:16
asacmvo: why is Size a double in apt?01:33
mvoasac: historic reasons problably, why?01:33
asacnothing .... just wondered because we debug a function here that has Size a double01:34
mvoasac: if its crashing inside libapt, does moving away the stuff in /var/cache/apt/*.bin help?01:34
asacmvo: its not crashing ... it does this:01:35
asac65% [4 Sources bzip2 1708032] [7 Release gpgv 57242] [Waiting for headers] [6 Sources 1774008/-3,104,415B 57%]01:35
asace.g. 1774008/-3,104,415B01:35
asacnothing for you ... just was curious why Size is dou ble rather than long01:36
* ccheney thinks he got OOo ready for Lucid today :)02:14
ccheneyjust need to double check the dictionary files02:14
ccheneythere was a dictionary transition in Debian in the last release cycle02:15
* ccheney tethered his iPhone so he can have wireless in his room04:09
RAOFLucid's very nice like that.04:10
ccheneyyea the last time i set it up around aug last year it was a big pita04:11
ccheneyits really nice in lucid04:11
RAOFAfter you pair with the phone, it's as easy as hitting the “00:32:stupidly long device string:00 PANU” entry in NM applet.04:12
RAOFNow that I say that out loud... you know what'd be nice?  If that stupidly long device string said something meaningful, instead.  I'll file a bug :)04:13
ccheneyyea i was looking for some hard complicated way to do it, then saw it just showed up in NM 8D04:13
ccheneyit already tells you the name of the bluetooth device above it, so probably just expand the PANU acronym and drop the mac address04:13
ccheneyhmm i see a ubuntu wifi in my room now, didn't earlier but it shows up as protected04:14
ccheneyhas anyone tried writing a driver for the usb mode?04:25
RAOFI think I saw one, yes.04:27
RAOFPossibly as an ITP.04:28
ccheneyhmm, ITP on wnpp debian?04:29
ccheneyi've seen reference about to do it with a jb iphone, but not the normal way using the apple ethernet interface04:31
RAOFITP on wnpp debian, yes.  I think.04:38
ccheney http://giagio.com/wiki/moin.cgi/iPhoneEthernetDriver04:43
ccheneywow that was just about a week ago04:44
ccheneydebian bug 56631304:44
ubottuDebian bug 566313 in wnpp "ITP: ipheth -- Linux kernel driver that adds support for iPhone tethering" [Wishlist,Open] http://bugs.debian.org/56631304:44
ccheneyheh and mjg got it working for karmic / fedora 1204:45
vishpitti: hi... i noticed a mention regarding the network manager causing delays during boot "fix nm-applet to not burn 1 to 2 seconds of CPU while connecting (caused by animation?)"  ... Upstream is considering redoing the nm icons , so if you have any input/info regarding those  , it would be nice04:58
RAOFccheney: Hah!  Memory FTW!05:54
baptistemmhey huats09:17
huatshello baptistemm09:17
chrisccoulsonhey huats / baptistemm09:43
tomeuhi, the link on the topic only displays one ticket: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-bugs/+bugs?field.milestone%3Alist=2143909:43
tomeuis there a better list of tickets in need of attention?09:44
tomeuif there's any bug you would particularly want someone to look at, please tell me, have quite a bit of experience debugging in gnome11:27
baptistemmtomeu, usually one picks the bugs he want to take care of11:44
tomeuI'm looking, but I don't have a good sense yet of the urgency of things11:46
tomeuI'm looking at the alpha-3 milestone11:46
vishtomeu: you can also help fix small papercut bugs , they are very minor usability fixes :)13:21
vish most of the desktop folks are away this week for a sprint.. hence less noise here..13:21
vishtomeu: these are milestoned for lucid  , but no one has fixed them yet >  https://launchpad.net/hundredpapercuts/lucid13:24
tomeuvish: have just taken this one: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/software-center/+bug/44306613:29
ubottuUbuntu bug 443066 in software-center "[i18n] no screenshot available image not localized" [Medium,Triaged]13:29
tomeuseemed easy and non-critical enough13:29
vishtomeu: ah ,cool , just wanted to point other bugs which are open and milestoned  , which are getting lesser attention ;)13:33
tomeuvish: thanks, will give it a look next13:44
Laneyoh whoops13:48
LaneyI didn't need to get seb128 to sponsor notify-sharp13:48
* Laney runs13:48
pittivish: ah, thanks for mentioning; I'll relay that to seb128, he was looking into that yesterday15:03
didrockspitti: no more slackering in the morning now? :)15:05
pittididrocks: uh, what do you here at this hour :)15:06
pittididrocks: I have my last DMB meeting15:06
didrockspitti: oh ok. In fact nijaba always get up at 4am, so… short nights :)15:07
chrisccoulsonpitti / didrocks - you're awake already? ;)15:14
pittichrisccoulson: yes, for DMB meeting15:18
pittichrisccoulson: good morning!15:18
NafaiYou guys in Portland?15:18
=== onestone_ is now known as onestone
chrisccoulsonpitti - someone opened a bug against gnome-control-center about moving libslab to main, and building against the system libslab rather than it's own internal copy. i rejected it, because the new gnome-control-center shell rewrite will not use libslab and nothing else in main will ever need it either (and it is poorly maintained upstream). the reporter replied saying it is "better from a security point-of-view to have libslab in 15:41
pittichrisccoulson: if it's going to go away, then it seems easier to keep it as it is, though?15:43
chrisccoulsonpitti - yeah, that's what i thought15:43
chrisccoulsonand it's not very well maintained anyway (it doesn't have any regular releases)15:43
chrisccoulsonpitti - in fact, these are it's only releases: http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/GNOME/sources/libslab/2.27/15:45
chrisccoulsonit's only ever had 2 tarballs15:45
hyperairhas anyone noticed networkmanger failing particularly grandly with multi-bssid WPA2 enterprise networks?17:05
hyperairlike it'll connect, then 5 minutes later it'll roam from one BSSID to the next, and then the connection will hang, eventhough networkmanager says that it's still connected.17:06
hyperairi.e. transmit speed > 0, receive speed = 0.17:06
hyperairone workaround i've found is to create duplicate the network and force it to stay on one BSSID17:07
hyperairbut it's rather annoying -- i have to duplicate the network for every problematic location i am likely to visit on the campus17:08
* hyperair kicks updatedb17:34
fagannautilus seems to be freezing a lot in lucid18:30
* fagan investigates18:31
faganAh its ground controls fault my bad18:31
NafaiI can't get ground control to work :(18:31
faganNafai: you should ask doctormo but he isnt in this room18:32
Nafaithanks, I've been meaning to ping him18:33
faganNafai: it seems to work fine on lucid I havent tried karmic18:33
NafaiYeah, I'm on lucid.  Unless I'm misunderstanding how it works, it doesn't do the full bzr checkout.  All I see is a .bzr directory18:34
chrisccoulsonhello everyone18:43
seb128hey chrisccoulson, how are you18:44
chrisccoulsonhey seb128, i'm good thanks18:44
chrisccoulsonhows portland?18:44
seb128but good otherwise ;-)18:44
TheMusoHey chrisccoulson.18:47
chrisccoulsonhey TheMuso, how are you?18:47
TheMusochrisccoulson: Very well thanks, and you rself?18:47
chrisccoulsonTheMuso - yeah, not too bad thanks. i'm just winding down for the day :)18:48
seb128tseliot, could you look at bug #509724 again when you have a free slot?18:57
ubottuLaunchpad bug 509724 in gnome-settings-daemon "Disabling tap to click doesn't disable tap to click in scrollarea" [Low,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/50972418:57
seb128tseliot, bug submitter says the middle click is still on by default in lucid...18:58
tseliotseb128: ouch, sure18:59
seb128thank you18:59
=== sabdfl1 is now known as sabdfl
pittihey chrisccoulson19:03
chrisccoulsonhey pitti, how are you?19:03
pittiI'm great, thanks! How are you?19:04
chrisccoulsonyeah, not bad thanks. a bit tired, but otherwise good19:04
ccheneynew OOo processed by Riddell so lots to download soon :)19:35
seb128lool, I'm not sure why you let those nautilus and gvfs tasks open if the issue is a toolchain one?19:36
seb128chrisccoulson, +1 from me for your libslab reply btw19:44
tomeumvo: hey, have submitted my first merge request in LP, to software-center. hope I did it alright20:15
mvotomeu: cool, let me have a look!20:21
mvotomeu: sweet, thank you very much, that looks good!20:27
tomeugreat ;)20:27
* tomeu is impressed at LP20:28
mvotomeu: merged as r547, many thanks!20:29
tomeuthanks to you!20:30
* tomeu goes grab a beer and celebrate his first merge20:30
bryce_rickspencer3, dutch is in the house (will meet us in about 10 min)20:41
chrisccoulsonhey seb128 - yeah, i wasn't sure whether my reply to moving libslab to main was appropriate or not20:42
chrisccoulsonit definately seems like a waste of time though20:42
seb128we had the discussion before20:42
seb128upstream is not active and doesn't care about abi stability20:42
seb128and nothing else uses it in main20:42
chrisccoulsoni wasn't aware about not caring about abi stability. it definately sounds like it's better off remaining in universe then20:43
loolseb128: nautilus task: to revert the workaround, gvfs: didn't touch it, not sure what it's about21:15
seb128lool, ah ok, thanks21:17
seb128lool, thank you for landing that change and the gtk one too21:17
seb128lool, coming back to desktop team are you? ;-)21:17
loolseb128: It seems I need to revert the nautilus change and do that in gvfs instead according to plars21:18
seb128that makes sense21:19
seb128since that's the gvfs upload which broke things21:19
seb128baptistemm: hey21:19
chrisccoulsonyay, i've got a delivery of computer parts tomorrow :)21:24
seb128chrisccoulson, computer parts? didn't you order a laptop config?22:04
crimsunhyperair: that said (re: roaming), lucid doesn't carry the latest 0.6.10 upstream22:19
hyperaircrimsun: 0.6.10?22:19
crimsunhyperair: probably want to ping siretart on that22:19
crimsunhyperair: wpasupplicant22:19
hyperaircrimsun: so it's wpasupplicant code eh? maybe i'll give it a poke sometime22:20
chrisccoulsonseb128 - yeah, i ordered a laptop. but i've also got a docking station and 20" monitor being delivered too22:20
Nafaichrisccoulson: what laptop did you get?22:21
chrisccoulsonNafai - a latitude e5500. it's not quite as slick as some models, but i wanted something with a large-ish screen22:24
Nafaisounds nice22:24
crimsunshould run fine with lucid22:28
crimsunolder releases are missing kernel and/or userspace bits22:28
crimsunpitti: since pm-utils-powersave is a bit easier to work with for specific hardware, I propose enabling HDA controller powerdown for the one codec with full support for it in Lucid: Sigmatel/IDT22:30
crimsunpitti: this is much easier to check via sysfs22:31
pitticrimsun: sounds good; how can that be detected? something in sys?22:31
crimsunpitti: yes, the existence of /sys/module/snd_hda_codec_idt -> echo -n 10 > /sys/module/snd_hda_intel/parameters/power_save22:35
crimsunpitti: 10.10 will gain my fixes for the other HDA codecs, and at that point it will be worthwhile investigating whether to also do that for Realtek/Analog Devices/Conexant/C-Media/VIA22:37
pitticrimsun: want to commit/upload yourself?22:37
crimsunpitti: I'll work on it, but I wanted to run it past you first22:37
pitticrimsun: that seems fine; a mere test -e is cheap22:37
pitti(as opposed to some aplay -l | grep stuff)22:38
pitticrimsun: the packages is meant to be a collection of hardware specific quirks22:38
pittii. e. doing stuff based on DMI querying is fine22:38
crimsunpitti: ah, good.  Also, have there been discussions of offlining cpus?22:39
pittinone that I know of22:40
TheMusoWhat package are we talking about re audio and pm?22:46
crimsunTheMuso: pm-utils-powersave-policy22:47
TheMusocrimsun: Right, pitti just told me.22:47
asac_mvo: so at 4pm we have a meeting ... so if you cant make it soonish 5 would be good23:21

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!