Nafaiuh, is there a way to get back to the default layout with gwibber?00:03
chrisccoulsonkklimonda, ah, right00:05
chrisccoulsonthe dialog will only appear if an application doesnt respond to QueryEndSession00:05
chrisccoulsonafter closing the dialog, the clients are sent EndSession. applications then have 10 seconds in which to respond before the session ends00:07
kklimondachrisccoulson, and what can they respond? I guess only TRUE passed to EndSessionResponse change anything (the session can be terminated immediately). If application doesn't respond to EndSession in 10 seconds it's going to be killed anyway.00:11
chrisccoulsonthey can cancel the logout00:11
kklimondachrisccoulson, they can do it forcefully?00:11
kklimondausing Inhibit ?00:13
kklimondachrisccoulson, but if you were right it would mean that the application can be written that stops user from logging out/restarting or shutting down computer.00:18
mclasena misfeature that was added after the fact...00:18
chrisccoulsonkklimonda, yeah, i think it works like that00:19
chrisccoulsonperhaps mclasen is slightly more familiar there00:19
chrisccoulsonmy understanding is that a dbus client can cancel the logout00:19
kklimondachrisccoulson, mclasen: so the documentation at http://live.gnome.org/SessionManagement/GnomeSession#A6._EndSession isn't exact? I see no mention of it there..00:25
mclasenyeah, when those 'improvements' were made, the documentation was not updated...00:26
kklimondaare those improvements here to stay?00:26
chrisccoulsonanyway, i really need to get some updates done now:)00:28
chrisccoulsonooh, nobody sponsored gnome-terminal yet00:35
RAOFrobert_ancell: Did you push the CDBS-fixed launchpad-integration anywhere?00:38
TheMusorobert_ancell: Sorry I had the day off yesterday, had a relative's funeral to go to. Did your upload get done?00:38
robert_ancellRAOF, yes, pushed to lp:~ubuntu-desktop/launchpad-integration/ubuntu.  I think seb128 has already uploaded it00:39
robert_ancellTheMuso, yes, I think seb has done it00:39
TheMusorobert_ancell: ok00:39
RAOFrobert_ancell: I'm looking to do a little gardening on it; at least to make it a little bit easier to start working on, and audit for Debian CLI policy.00:40
robert_ancellTheMuso, ah, no it wasn't uploaded, can you do that?00:41
robert_ancellRAOF, +1 from me!00:41
TheMusorobert_ancell: Sure, in a bit when I get through some email here.00:41
robert_ancellTheMuso, no rush, I think the previous one has fixed the original problem00:41
robert_ancellRAOF, do you know how to enable patches in dh7?00:45
RAOFrobert_ancell: Include quilt.mk.00:46
robert_ancellRAOF, thanks00:47
RAOFrobert_ancell: Alternatively, you can include the standard make targets and add dependancies on your patch system of choice's targets.00:48
RAOFgnome-do-plugins is a dh7 package using quilt.mk; you'll notice that it doesn't include any explicit patch/unpatch calls or targets.00:48
RAOFBoo.  My stricter dh_clideps exposes the improper ordering of dh_clideps / dh_makeshlibs calls in launchpad-integration.00:50
chrisccoulsonugh, brain fade00:55
bjfi'm running the latest lucid, any guess why I keep getting "searching for available drivers" everytime I reboot and log in?00:55
kklimondachrisccoulson, no! I still have questions ;)01:05
chrisccoulsoni'm still here, but just trying to catch up on other work before i go to bed ;)01:05
chrisccoulsoni would like to go to bed before 3am if possible :)01:06
kklimondachrisccoulson, I get two Transmission entries in inhibit api - one from Inhibitor and the other from session handling - is it because inhibitor call have toplevel_xid set to 0?01:06
chrisccoulsoni think that's expected, if you opened an inhibitor01:07
kklimondain inhibit dialog*01:07
kklimondachrisccoulson, this inhibitor is only for suspend/hibernation01:08
chrisccoulsonkklimonda, maybe the inhibit dialog displays all types of inhibits, even those that aren't interesting for the action you're performing01:12
chrisccoulsonbut you should only see that dialog if you don't respond to the QueryEndSession fast enough01:13
kklimondachrisccoulson, probably and yes :)01:13
kklimondachrisccoulson, or rather - if you respond to QueryEndSession by sending FALSE dialog shows up01:13
kklimondachrisccoulson, at least that's how it works for me :)01:14
chrisccoulsonkklimonda, the way it should work with transmission is:01:14
chrisccoulsontransmission receives QueryEndSession, and responds to say it's ok to proceed01:14
chrisccoulsononce all other clients have done the same, transmission receives EndSession01:14
chrisccoulsonthen transmission can save whatever information it needs to for the torrents, and then respond01:15
chrisccoulsonand then exit01:15
chrisccoulsonwow, this is the easiest gnome-control-center update i've ever done01:37
crimsunhmm, I seem to have gained 1.5s each in both suspend-to-ram and resume01:39
RAOFrobert_ancell: I've got a couple of launchpad-integration branches, but they've been trapped in a rich-root format by bug #506556.  While I extract the diffs one by one, what do you think about upgrading the branch format to 2a?03:37
ubottuLaunchpad bug 506556 in bzr "Branching does not maintain compatibility with parent" [Low,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/50655603:37
robert_ancellRAOF, I've no problem with that, what's the bzr command to do that?03:39
RAOFrobert_ancell: There's a button on the launchpad page for the branch; I'd hit that, since it's much much faster.03:40
robert_ancellRAOF, done03:40
RAOFSuperb.  Thanks.03:41
TheMusorobert_ancell: Given that you guys have been discussin lpi stuff, what branch should I be pulling from, and what besides the upload do you need done?04:22
robert_ancellTheMuso, pull from lp:launchpad-integration, do a make distcheck, untar, copy the debian dir, do the upload.  or should I make a debdiff?04:25
RAOFWhen bzr finishes dicking around I've got a couple of branches I'll propose for merging into the main one.04:25
robert_ancellTheMuso, ok, then wait for that04:25
TheMusorobert_ancell: What branch is the debian dir in?04:25
TheMusorobert_ancell: I don't mind doing it all04:26
TheMusorobert_ancell: oh ok04:26
robert_ancellTheMuso, it's all in the same repo04:26
TheMusorobert_ancell: oh ok04:26
RAOFThe first of my branches makes that process become “bzr bd --native -S” instead, but it means autogen'ing at build time which you might not want.04:27
RAOFI wonder when it'll finish; it has already pushed 150MB of bzr data to launchpad.04:28
TheMusoRAOF: IMO that would be useful.04:29
RAOFrobert_ancell: Oh, it seems the upgrade didn't work because lp:launchpad-integration is stacked on lp:~ubuntu-core-dev/launchpad-integration/ubuntu, which isn't upgraded :(04:29
RAOFTheMuso: *I* was certainly confused by the build process when I started looking at it :)04:30
robert_ancellRAOF, oh groan.  I don't have access to that one (which is why it moved).  TheMuso, do you have core access?04:32
TheMusorobert_ancell: Yes.04:32
robert_ancellTheMuso, can you upgrade that bzr branch?04:33
TheMusowhich one?04:33
TheMusothe core-dev lpi branch?04:33
* TheMuso doesn't see it on launchpad.net/launchpad-integration/+branches04:34
TheMusook found it.04:37
RAOFrobert_ancell: http://tinyurl.com/ygvkmn8 is the first of the merges.  Curses.  I thought you'd uploaded 0.1.33, so the changelog entry's wrong.04:37
robert_ancellRAOF, why does it build-depend on cvs?04:38
RAOFBecause autopoint has a runtime dependency on cvs.04:38
TheMusoOk lp:~ubuntu-core-dev/launchpad-integration/ubuntu is being upgraded.04:38
robert_ancellRAOF, I'm being pedantic in asking you to merge the changelog entries - I can do that manually if it's too annoying..04:42
RAOFNot at all.  I'll fix them.04:42
RAOFrobert_ancell: pushed04:46
robert_ancellRAOF, thanks04:47
RAOFI'll need to fix the other merges, once they finally make it all the way to launchpad.04:48
TheMusorobert_ancell: You should be able to upgrade lp:launchpad-integration now.04:51
RAOFNext branch is aaaaaaaaalmost pushed.05:08
RAOFrobert_ancell: Next merge request http://tinyurl.com/yzp3ahf05:18
robert_ancellRAOF, ok, still working on the first one :)05:19
robert_ancellI pulled ok, but it doesn't want to push...05:19
RAOFStupid bzr!  If it wasn't for this branch format craziness, I'd never have any problems with it.05:21
RAOFhttp://tinyurl.com/y8ufc7g is the final, most optional merge.  It renames the binary package to liblaunchpad-integration1.0-cil, which we might not want to do until an ABI break.05:22
RAOFYou can safely ignore it if you wish :)05:22
robert_ancellRAOF, I'll have to patch the other packages but it will be easier to do earlier than later05:28
robert_ancellRAOF, I was unsure what to do there - Isn't the API version 0.105:28
RAOFThe AssemblyVersion states that it's
RAOFWhich makes the version 1.0 according to CLI standards.05:29
robert_ancellTheMuso, can you do a second upgrade on that branch?  I think we have to do multiple upgrades to get to 2.0...05:31
robert_ancellRAOF, yeah I did that... How does it match what is in configure.ac?05:31
RAOFYou shouldn't have to patch the other packages, should you?  The -cil-dev package hasn't changed name, that should be what other packages are build-depending on, and that'll pull in the correct package.05:31
RAOFrobert_ancell: It doesn't at all.05:31
robert_ancellRAOF, ah true.  Then I'll take that patch05:32
RAOFOooh.  I forgot, one further CLI policy patch; use mono-csc rather than gmcs.05:33
robert_ancellRAOF, you are the policy master!05:33
RAOFI'll add that to the top of the rename merge?  Each one is a superset of the previous ones.05:34
robert_ancellsure, just stack them up05:34
TheMusorobert_ancell: oh sure05:34
robert_ancellTheMuso, and then you might have to do it again, and again, and... :)05:34
TheMusoheh ok05:34
TheMusook upgrading again...05:35
RAOFMake sure *that* branch isn't stacked on anything else, otherwise the upgrade will take time and do nothing.05:35
TheMusoLooks like its changing though05:35
RAOFOk, it isn't stacked.05:35
TheMusocan't remember what format it was last, but didn't mention stacking05:35
robert_ancellTheMuso, did that work?  It still seems to be at the same version05:53
TheMusorobert_ancell: hrm interesting.05:53
TheMusorobert_ancell: No idea why its not changing...05:54
* TheMuso wonders if he should use bzr to upgrade things...05:54
robert_ancellI've asked in #launchpad05:56
RAOFTheMuso: You can, but it'll take ages; it'll need to download & then reupload all the revisions in the repository.05:57
TheMusoRAOF: right05:57
RAOFrobert_ancell: cli-lib-rename merge updated.  Would you like one final patch to ltmain.sh to make libtool handle --as-needed in such a way that it reduces unnecessary library dependencies?06:16
robert_ancellRAOF, sure.06:17
robert_ancellthe less lintian warnings the better06:17
robert_ancellbzr looks a bit messed up, might have to manually merge all these06:21
RAOFI can provide a debdiff against 0.1.32 if you like.06:22
RAOFIt sounds like bzr might be working soon; lp:~raof/launchpad-integration/rename-lib-for-cli-policy has all the goodness of wheat in it, now.06:40
robert_ancellRAOF, looks like the branches may be broken for some time... might have to go manual :)07:13
robert_ancellgtg, see you guys tomorrow07:16
chrisccoulsongood morning everyone09:04
chrisccoulsonhey seb12809:07
seb128hey chrisccoulson09:08
seb128how are you?09:08
chrisccoulsoni'm good thanks. quite tired though, i had a fairly busy evening last night09:09
chrisccoulsonhow are you?09:09
kklimondagood morning :)09:09
chrisccoulsonhey kklimonda09:09
seb128good, not too tired for once09:09
seb128I had some good nights this week09:09
chrisccoulsonseb128 - i finished g-c-c and gsd if you feel like doing some sponsoring this morning :)09:10
seb128oh sure!09:12
chrisccoulsoncool, thanks!09:12
seb128I notice you did your hamster-applet at a non-decent hour09:12
chrisccoulsoni also did gnome-screensaver and hamster-applet last night too09:12
chrisccoulsonyeah ;)09:12
chrisccoulsonand i sponsored gnome-terminal too09:12
seb128I noticed09:13
seb128you rock09:13
seb128but you should not forget to sleep09:13
seb128no need to burn you out on work before starting ;-)09:13
chrisccoulsonyeah, i shall probably have an early night tonight09:13
seb128I think I've already read that in the past week a few times ;-)09:14
pittiGood morning09:16
pittijames_w: bzr dh-make> sweet, thanks! will have a look at it09:17
seb128brb, another round of plymouth testing09:18
chrisccoulsondoes plymouth work yet?09:19
chrisccoulsoni still don't have it installed on my laptop09:19
kklimondachrisccoulson, if by work you mean not breaking boot then yes :)09:19
RAOFchrisccoulson: Mostly; as long as you don't need prompting for a dm-crypt passphrase, in my experience.09:20
pittiyay, what a nice surprise in my morning email09:20
chrisccoulsonah thanks, i'll try installing it again09:21
chrisccoulsongood morning btw ;)09:21
RAOFSomeone's mailed you cake?09:21
pittiafter just one year after approval, I finally got commit access to udisks/upower :)09:21
pittihey chrisccoulson09:21
pittiRAOF: nobody does unfortunately :(09:21
chrisccoulsonpitti - thats awesome :)09:21
pittifreedesktop admin is a little bit on the slow side, as it seems09:21
chrisccoulsonyeah, it's quicker when you apply for a gnome git account ;)09:22
didrockshey pitti, chrisccoulson :)09:24
chrisccoulsonhey didrocks, how are you?09:24
didrockschrisccoulson: fine even if I have woken up  at 4am :)09:25
didrockschrisccoulson: you?09:25
chrisccoulsondidrocks - i was just going to bed at that time ;)09:25
chrisccoulsonhow come you woke up so early?09:25
didrockschrisccoulson: don't know. Impossible to find some sleep. So, I worked on Quickly ;)09:25
Keybukdid you not try "quickly sleep" ?09:27
didrocksKeybuk: good idea, I'll add a template "get-some-rest" :)09:28
chrisccoulsonKeybuk - or perhaps "quickly make coffee"09:28
didrockschrisccoulson: this one is already implemented and sitting next to my hand :)09:28
chrisccoulsonheh ;)09:28
* Keybuk wants "quickly boot"09:29
didrocksI know that some people here wants "quickly kill gnome panel and all bonobo stuff"09:31
seb128enough plymouth testing for now09:36
chrisccoulsonseb128 - it worked ok then?09:36
seb128I would not say "enough for now" otherwise ;-)09:37
seb128I would say "good that's fixed now"09:37
didrockssalut seb128 :)09:37
seb128still freezes on enter09:37
seb128hey didrocks09:37
chrisccoulsonseb128 - oh, ok. i won't bother installing it again later on then ;)09:38
seb128if you want a running box, don't ;-)09:39
chrisccoulsonit would be nice to be able to close the lid without crashing too :)09:40
chrisccoulsondidrocks - do you want "quickly kill gnome-panel" then? ;)09:42
chrisccoulsondidrocks - i make your life difficult now: http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-panel/commit/?id=67fd15da344e590314b92147382d2cc37f07413609:43
chrisccoulsonyou can't get rid of it!09:43
didrockschrisccoulson: damned ;)09:43
chrisccoulsonit will just keep coming back now ;)09:43
* didrocks makes a loop in kill command ;)09:43
didrockssnow again!09:44
seb128didrocks, as long as it's not stopping planes I've to take it's all good ;-)09:45
didrocksseb128: heh, good to be at home :-)09:45
didrocksseb128: I'll need some sponsoring for metacity09:46
didrocksgot badly rejected09:46
seb128pitti, ^ up for some sponsoring by any chance?09:46
didrocksseb128: lp:~ubuntu-desktop/metacity/ubuntu09:46
didrocksor pitti ;)09:46
seb128I'm already looking at g-s-d and g-c-c sponsoring09:46
seb128and I've some other things I try to get done before lunch too09:46
seb128or mvo09:46
didrocksseb128: concerning cheese, I've filed a bug upstream with a backtrace09:46
pittiseb128, didrocks: will sponsor metacity09:46
seb128didrocks, ok thanks09:47
didrocksthanks pitti09:47
seb128pitti, thanks09:47
seb128didrocks, you did the new version update? or is that the tooltip change?09:47
didrocksseb128: no, it's only the "don't show ws switcher if only one ws"09:47
seb128oh ok09:48
didrocks2 lines patch, but before forgetting to do it09:48
seb128didrocks, you should be doing the version update too ;-)09:48
seb128it's a minor version update09:48
didrocksseb128: I want to do the tooltip before the end of the day09:48
mvooh, too late - I can take it as well09:48
didrocksso, for tomorrow morning sponsoring, if you don't mind :)09:48
seb128mvo, hey ;-)09:48
didrockshey mvo09:49
seb128mvo, how are you?09:49
mvohey seb128, didrocks !09:49
mvobut otherwise fine09:49
seb128mvo, if you want to do some sponsoring you can upload lp:launchpad-integration09:49
didrocks(or, maybe, when grep -i seb128 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DidierRoche/CoreDevApplication won't return something empty :p)09:49
seb128robert_ancell said there is changes ready for upload there09:49
seb128didrocks, is there any hurry there?09:50
seb128didrocks, you pinged at least 5 times in a week about that now :-p09:50
mvoseb128: yeah, I have a look09:50
pittididrocks: any particular reason why you skipped 1:2.28.0-2ubuntu5 ?09:50
didrocksseb128: you're kidding, I just pinged once you yesterday ;) I just wanted to suscribe to next week meeting agenda, but if you think you won't have the time09:50
seb128mvo, danke09:50
didrockspitti: hum? maybe not pushed in bzr branch? let me check09:51
pittididrocks: no, I mean the version in the archive is ubuntu4, and your new one is ubuntu609:51
seb128didrocks, you dropped me an email, told me during the sprint, did reminder yesterday and again today09:51
seb128didrocks, but that's fine, and I will have it done on time, I just tend to delay paper work ;-)09:51
didrocksseb128: I know you don't like paperwork ;)09:52
didrockspitti: my bad then, I can fix it09:52
pittididrocks: I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't something important lost09:52
didrockspitti: no no, I "dch -i" twice maybe09:52
didrockspitti: do you want me to push 2 branches ?09:53
didrockss/2/a new/09:53
pittididrocks: uncommit, fix the dch -r release, push --overwrite09:53
glatzormorning mvo09:55
didrockspitti: done and pushed. I've deleted also manually the tag for next release (1:2.28.0-2ubuntu6)09:55
glatzormvo, I created a new 0.2.x branch for aptdaemon. it will be the stable release for Ubuntu Lucid.09:56
seb128didrocks, how did you delete the tag?09:56
didrocksseb128: bzr tag --delete ...09:56
mvoglatzor: nice! is it ready for packaging, i.e. should I update?09:56
seb128didrocks, it seems to not delete the tag from the server though, when I do that and push it's still on the online version09:57
seb128I got some duplicate tags errors doing that09:57
seb128or did you delete lp:...?09:57
didrocksseb128: right, but as I pushed with --overwrite, I think it's removing it in that case09:57
didrocks(need to be confirmed)09:57
seb128hum, ok09:58
didrocksseb128: no, I pulled and the tag is still present when "bzr tags", indeed09:58
glatzormvo, actually the code hasn't changed for 4 weeks :)09:59
glatzormvo, But I will commit a port to the latest python-apt 0.7.9x API to trunk in a few minutes10:00
mvoglatzor: ok, thanks. I switch the packaging over to the old branch10:00
glatzormvo, it is so scaring how fast time moves on10:00
mvoglatzor: indeed10:01
mvoglatzor: s/old/stable/10:01
glatzormvo, lp:~aptdaemon-developers/aptdaemon/0.2.x10:01
didrockspitti: thanks for the upload10:03
mvoglatzor: thanks, building now10:04
TeTeTasac: hi there, is there a complete graphical way to establish a bluetooth/mobile phone connection for 10.04?10:04
TeTeTasac: any third party tool would do too10:04
glatzordidrocks, you want to have contribute privileges for python-disututils-extra?10:05
didrocksglatzor: pitti told me to apply as I still have some patches to do for python-mkdebian, specifically10:06
mvoglatzor: nice stuff, I'm just looking over the diff \o/10:07
glatzorpitti, servus, I gave you admin privileges for python-distutils-hackers10:08
pittihey glatzor10:08
pittiwie gehts?10:08
pittiah, thanks10:08
glatzorpitti, I am currently quite busy with my main work. but I am fine. how are you?10:10
pittiglatzor: same :) and I'm okay, just very tired today for some reason10:10
* james_w hugs chrisccoulson 10:29
* chrisccoulson hugs james_w10:29
chrisccoulsonhow are you?10:29
james_wgood thanks10:29
james_whow are you?10:29
chrisccoulsoni'm ok, but quite tired today10:30
chrisccoulsoni'm looking forward to getting home again :)10:30
james_wthanks for the hamster-applet upload10:32
chrisccoulsonyou're welcome10:32
Keybukpitti: third day back from the US?10:44
pittiKeybuk: yes, it is10:44
KeybukI always find Wednesday and Thursday to be the worst10:45
Keybukbrain and body just out of sync enough to make the whole world hurt10:45
pittiI was quite fine on Monday, and reasonably well on Sunday10:45
Keybukremember to keep your blood-coffee levels up ;)10:48
pittiKeybuk: I don't drink coffee :)10:52
pittiI guess not having any weekend didn't really help10:52
chrisccoulsonpitti - i don't know how you survive without coffee10:52
chrisccoulsoni get headaches when i don't drink it10:52
Keybukpitti: I didn't fly back until Sunday, so got back to the UK Monday morning10:53
chrisccoulsonwhich is probably not a good thing ;)10:53
Keybukby the time I'd collected dogs and got home, it was Monday evening!10:53
Keybukso I'm not expecting to hit the wall until later today or tomorrow :-/10:53
pittichrisccoulson: I sleep :)10:53
chrisccoulsonmaybe i should try sleeping one day ;)10:53
chrisccoulsonseb128 - "what is LaCie?" - i was just thinking the same thing there when going through my mail ;)11:01
Keybukchrisccoulson: it's the drinking coffee that gives you headaches11:11
Keybuknot the not drinking it11:11
Keybukjust to be precise11:11
chrisccoulsonKeybuk - i only get them when i stop drinking it though ;)11:12
baptistemmthanks chrisccoulson for the g-terminal sponsoring11:14
chrisccoulsonbaptistemm: you're welcome11:15
czajkowskikklimonda: did you get the slides from fosdem ?11:21
seb128what are those fosdem discussions about?11:22
kklimondaseb128, the one I'm interested in is about debian and ubuntu :)11:22
chrisccoulsoni think charles sent me a link to that11:22
seb128looking for something to troll about? ;-)11:22
chrisccoulsonbut it's at home11:22
kklimondaseb128, no - that's exactly why I'd like to see whole presentation for myself :)11:23
didrocksI think you're speaking about lucas' one: http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=44411:23
kklimondathe slides I've seen so far were titled "Why is Debian better" ;)11:23
didrocksthat's this one, kklimonda ^11:23
didrocks(link on the blog post)11:23
kklimondaczajkowski, ^ :)11:24
chrisccoulsonheh, i can't view that at work11:24
kklimondadidrocks, thanks11:24
seb128normal that lucas try to sell debian by some way ;-)11:24
didrockskklimonda: y/w11:24
seb128chrisccoulson, they might try to fire you? ;-)11:24
czajkowskiseb128: I was at fosdem, the room was too packed to get in, so no, I'm not looking for something to troll, but to gain information!#11:25
seb128yeah, I was rather jocking11:25
chrisccoulsonseb128 - i hope they don't try to ;)11:25
chrisccoulsoni've still got 2.5 weeks left to work11:25
seb128I don't think there is anything really worth discussion in those slides11:26
seb128chrisccoulson, hehe11:26
czajkowskiseb128: I suspect the video of Q&A may also be useful11:26
kklimondaseb128, I was actually more interested in the video but it's not yet uploaded so I'd like to at least know what was the topic :)11:28
pittiseb128: do you want me to help with some package updates? I don't feel too well today, not well enough for coding11:33
seb128pitti, you should take a day off or sleep a bit if you don't feel well11:33
seb128pitti, otherwise sure, help on upgrades is welcome, we did most of those but there is a few remaining on versions11:34
pittiseb128: shall I do gnome-menus and gnome-user-docs for now?11:37
seb128pitti, gnome--menus would be nice thanks11:38
seb128pitti, g-u-d, not sure if that's easy or that's the one which has lot of ubuntu changes for documentation11:38
* chrisccoulson hugs pitti11:39
chrisccoulsoni hope you feel better soon!11:39
* seb128 hugs pitti too11:39
* pitti hugs you back, thanks11:40
pittiseb128: I'll start with gnome-menus11:40
seb128pitti, ok thanks11:43
seb128pitti, clutter and gimp have new versions if you feel doing one of those11:47
seb128gtkspell is on the update list too11:47
seb128otherwise we need to get gvfs built with the new libiphone at some point before alpha311:48
seb128I was sort of waiting for the debian maintainer to sort the issue you pointed yesterday on launchpad11:48
pittiright, libimobileplayer is FTBFS11:48
seb128but if you want to move that forward you are welcome to pick on that11:48
chrisccoulsoni'll take g-s-t later on11:50
chrisccoulsonand liboobs11:51
asacTeTeT: blueman12:03
pittiseb128: while I'm touching gnome-menus anyway (update is done), I'll track down that menu translation bug as well, so will take me a while still12:05
seb128pitti, \o/12:09
TeTeTasac: ok, just tgried that12:18
asacTeTeT: good enough for you?12:19
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
TeTeTasac: for me yes, for the customer not, they want complete integration into NM or any other applet12:47
asacTeTeT: what does complete integration mean?12:47
asacflor blueman you set up the bluetooth part in the blueman applet12:47
asacand then you can connect in NM12:48
asacthats quite good12:48
asacand even gnome-bluetooth goes the same way12:48
TeTeTasac: understood, I think it's good too12:48
TeTeTasac: they insist on using one applet12:48
asacwell. no such solution exists and currently the open source community agrees that that belongs in two applet ;)12:48
TeTeTasac: so it's usable by completely inexperienced people12:48
asacthey would need to hier someone12:48
TeTeTasac: ok, I will tell them12:49
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
pittithere, properly translated menus again13:37
pittiseb128: ^ wasn't my fault after all :)13:37
* pitti uploads new gnome-menus13:38
dpmyou're a rockstar pitti!13:38
pittidid we get a new seahorse today?13:39
pittimy GPG passphrase suddenly appears in plaintext in the dialog13:39
seb128yes we did13:39
seb128not nice13:39
seb128I didn't get that issue there13:39
didrockspitti: yesterday, I upoaded seahorse-plugins, but I still have the dialog13:39
seb128pitti, where was the gnome-menus bug?13:40
pittiseb128: pyxdg, the patch wasn't applied any more (quilt 3.0 source)13:40
seb128pitti, oh ok13:40
seb128pitti, well done!13:40
pittide rien13:40
* seb128 hugs pitti13:40
seb128but what use pyxdg?13:40
* pitti hugs seb128 back13:40
seb128you cache writer?13:40
pittiseb128: the menu cache builder13:40
seb128pitti, ok, makes sense13:41
didrockssomeone has some time to review the cache patch?13:42
pittiI need to disappear for ~ 2 hours, to visit my grandfather in hospital13:43
pittimy brain is of not much use today anyway13:43
seb128pitti, see you later13:47
seb128didrocks, did it change since previous review?13:47
didrocksseb128: the caching cleanage and don't save wallpaper previews13:48
didrocksseb128: so, quite small changes :)13:48
seb128give the url there, I will have a look in the afternoon13:49
didrocksseb128: http://paste.ubuntu.com/373222/ (changes are at line 13513:51
didrocksand 82 to the end of the function13:51
didrocksthanks :)13:51
NafaiGood morning all!13:57
didrockshey Nafai13:57
seb128hey Nafai14:16
seb128hey rickspencer314:16
Nafaigood morning seb12814:16
rickspencer3hi guys14:16
* rickspencer3 slurps coffee14:17
rickspencer3kenvandine, have you been using photobomb? ;)14:17
kenvandineyup :)14:18
Nafaikenvandine: lemme guess, the picture you posted to identica/twitter I just responded to? :)14:18
kenvandinehehe... yup!14:19
kenvandineluv me some photobomb in the morning14:19
didrockshey rickspencer3, kenvandine14:20
rickspencer3good morning didrocks14:20
kenvandinehey didrocks14:20
sabdflupdate-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-12-generic14:36
sabdflcpio: ./lib/udev/firmware.sh: Function stat failed: No such file or directory14:36
sabdflshould i be worried about that?14:36
sabdfli do in fact have a /lib/udev/firmware.sh14:37
rickspencer3that sounds rather foundationsy14:37
rickspencer3pitti, Keybuk? ^14:38
rickspencer3sabdfl, I assume this occured during a dist-upgrade?14:39
sabdflrickspencer3: yup. sorry, i just realised i'm in the wrong channel14:40
rickspencer3sabdfl, no problem, we help anyone who pops in here ;)14:40
sabdfli'll head over there14:40
rickspencer3let us know if it doesn't get working for you14:41
faganseb128: I got a broken update in lucid there15:22
seb128broken what?15:22
faganIt failed to set up initframfs15:23
* fagan pastebins the output15:23
seb128fagan, not really desktopish15:23
faganill go to devel15:24
seb128it was discussed there some minutes ago15:24
kklimondafagan, bug 51985515:24
ubottuLaunchpad bug 519855 in udev "update-initramfs fails: ./lib/udev/firmware.sh does not exist" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/51985515:24
seb128fagan, <cjwatson> sabdfl: you should be able to apply http://launchpadlibrarian.net/39011493/udev-firmware.patch and then 'update-initramfs -u' again15:25
faganthats it15:25
faganso its known anyway ill just hang about for the update15:26
=== JamieBen1ett is now known as JamieBennett
=== asac_ is now known as asac
rickspencer3ccheney, hey, what's up with libsoup porting stuff?15:36
NafaiIs that what is holding back gnome-gmail-notifier? :)15:37
seb128Nafai, ?15:40
Nafaiseb128, gnome-gmail-notifier isn't currently installable in lucid because of a missing dependency on libsoup15:41
seb128no it's not?15:41
seb128I can install it there15:41
seb128and libsoup has not changed recently15:41
seb128could you give details on the error?15:41
NafaiSure, just a sec15:42
Nafaihttp://gist.github.com/300454 <- what happens when I try to install it15:43
Nafaiupdated lucid last night15:43
seb128Nafai, ah, I've the old lib still installed15:46
Nafaiah, that would be it15:47
seb128Nafai, somebody should probably port that package to libsoup2.415:47
seb1282.2 is deprecated15:47
Nafaimaybe I could attack that soon if I get far enough ahead; I also want to port it to app indicators so I can use it15:48
dobeythat *must* be unmaintained upstream... 2.2 was dead years ago15:48
chrisccoulsoni think it probably is unmaintained. there is this instead, which already uses the messaging indicator: https://edge.launchpad.net/gm-notify/15:50
dobeywell it was 2 years ago that evolution-webcal switched to explicitly requiring 2.4 instead of supporting both 2.4 and 2.215:51
Nafaichrisccoulson: does that one support domain accounts or just gmail.com?15:52
Nafaiand of course their PPA doesn't have packages for lucid15:52
chrisccoulsonNafai, i'm not sure. i don't have any need for that15:53
chrisccoulsonit seems gnome-gmail-notifier still has some commits recently, but just no tarballs15:53
chrisccoulsonwe should probably get gm-notify in universe15:53
chrisccoulson(or find someone interested to get it in to universe)15:54
chrisccoulsonhey pitti15:56
desrtwhy is libglib in /lib these days?16:02
seb128desrt, devicekit-disks uses it iirc16:04
pittidesrt: it's used by upstart16:04
ccheneyrickspencer3: i think its almost done this time, it hasn't popped up any more large sets of unknown symbols16:04
desrtit breaks the glib build :(16:04
seb128how so?16:04
desrtlibtool sees things in /lib before the in-tree ones16:05
desrtjust wondering if you guys have any experience working around this...16:05
seb128never got an issue due to that16:05
seb128pitti, wb16:05
seb128pitti, so libgpod was broken, I noticed when testing the new version16:06
desrthm.  maybe i can workaround libtool16:06
seb128pitti, it still relied on /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/20-libgpod-sysinfo-extended.fdi to be called16:06
seb128pitti, teuf just ported git to udev though, I uploaded that to lucid now16:06
seb128pitti, should be working again now, and one less hal user16:06
tgpraveen12is gnome-user-share present in default install in lucid? it is reqd for bluetooth receive to work16:26
seb128how so?16:26
chrisccoulsonit's only needed for obex push16:27
tgpraveen12seb128: wouldnt that cause some problems as in the 2.30 series gnome-bluetooth has a receive button in prefs which basically opens gnome user share?16:27
seb128we can patch the button out16:27
chrisccoulsonthe button should just hide if it's not installed shouldn't it?16:28
chrisccoulsoni didn't notice that button before16:28
tgpraveen12hmm well the button was added because it is not at all clear how receiveing a file should work16:28
tgpraveen12(imho gnome-bluetooth should have handled it but upstream devs dont agree) anyways if gnome user share is not present16:29
tgpraveen12then there is no way to receive a file via bluetooth.16:29
chrisccoulsongnome-user-share would be great if i didn't have to install apache for the webdav stuff that i'm never going to use16:29
chrisccoulsontgpraveen12 - can you not use the obex-ftp backend in gvfs to browse files?16:30
tgpraveen12which is a huge problem. iirc asac had commented on a bug regarding this that it might be added in the future16:30
chrisccoulsonthat gnome-user-share might be added?16:30
tgpraveen12chrisccoulson: exactly why it should have been handled by gnome-bluetooth itself16:31
tgpraveen12the problem with what u say is that many phones do not support browse files mode i think16:31
tgpraveen12eg my blackberry pearl 810016:31
pittiseb128: sweet, great to hear16:32
chrisccoulsontgpraveen12: i agree that having bluetooth push support is great, but gnome-user-share also has a webdav backend, that 99% of users will probably never use16:32
chrisccoulsonand that pulls in apache16:32
chrisccoulsonand the design of it makes it not possible to split16:32
tgpraveen12hence only thing i can do is install gnome user share. but a normal user will never be able to figure this all out. in fact there are many many bug reports on this on many bug trackers and hence the button was added to make this16:32
tgpraveen12what easier16:33
tgpraveen12chrisccoulson: i agree completely but having broken bluetooth is really very bad esp with lucid being LTS and will be installed by many companies on their laptop,dekstop offerings16:34
tgpraveen12just for ref. fedora does ship gnome user share16:34
chrisccoulsontgpraveen12 - gnome-user-share pulls in apache (which would take up several MB on the CD if it were to be installed by default), to enable functionality that most people will probably never use16:38
tgpraveen12chrisccoulson: i agree. but some other solution should be found then. coz having broken bluetooth is really bad.16:39
tgpraveen12perhaps blueman16:39
tgpraveen12or talking with upstream16:39
seb128we could perhaps split gnome-user-share binaries?16:41
baptistemmthere only one binary16:42
baptistemmhmm, actually there are the capplet and the daemon which handle the bluetooth and webdav16:42
pittikenvandine: I think we ought to drop https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-lucid-empathy-indicator for lucid; empathy seems to work reasonably well, and I think we should rather keep it instead of ripping it open all over again for lucid (especially not after alpha-3); WDYT?16:43
seb128we could perhaps build a gnome-user-share version doing only bluetooth?16:44
pittiseb128: since we can't have robert, https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-lucid-gdmsetup won't see any progress anytime soon; is that something that interests you? (like doing some parts of it in an afternoon, to do some coding)16:44
pittiI remember that you mentioned it recently16:45
pittiseb128: it keeps being a target of opportunity16:45
seb128I think adding options which are custom.conf ones should be easy16:45
seb128since we have the infrastructure for those16:45
seb128gconf ones might not be so trivial16:45
seb128I would like at least to have a "disable sound"16:45
* rickspencer3 puts fingers in ears16:45
baptistemmchrisccoulson, tgpraveen12, FYI https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=57062416:45
seb128or turn sound off by default16:45
pittiseb128: so, ok if I assign it to you, and you pick what you want/like/is easy?16:45
ubottuGnome bug 570624 in general "Hide the apache related UI when apache is not installed?" [Normal,Resolved: wontfix]16:45
davidbarthpitti: hi; could you nudge the burndown chart crontab before my review call please? ;)16:46
pittiseb128: as a hack, it could call "echo 'gconftool blabla' | su gdm" or so?16:46
seb128pitti, right, please assign to me16:46
pittidavidbarth: you want an update now? sure16:46
davidbarthpitti: let me know if i can do it next time without bothering you, thanks16:47
didrocksone build, one try, and adding gconf key for showing or not tooltip on metacity decorator works like a charm \o/16:47
pittidavidbarth: running (don't worry, it's no biggie)16:47
tgpraveen12from the bug "trying to save 2 megs of dependencies."  like i said upstream is not interested in fixing this16:47
pittidid rocks!16:48
pittiseb128: done (and postponed the uninteresting bits)16:49
didrockspitti: heh ;)16:49
pittioh, hang on, "face browser toggle" is not what I think it is16:49
pittiit's just a simple setting16:49
didrockspitti: that just show how metacity code is well designed, I'm afraid ;)16:49
didrockspitti: "afraid" that it's not because I rocks ;)16:50
* pitti sighs, now people complain about stuff that works!16:50
* pitti hugs didrocks, you rock either way16:50
* didrocks hugs pitti back16:50
tgpraveen12should i do something to make this problem be solved16:54
tgpraveen12(bugs are already filed since long)16:54
kenvandinepitti, we can't do anything with it16:55
pittikenvandine: so I understood from the whiteboard16:55
baptistemmchrisccoulson, gnome-user-share pulls 2 371ko in karmic in a standard gnome installation16:56
pittikenvandine: ack16:56
chrisccoulsonbaptistemm - that's unpacked isn't it?16:57
baptistemmI meant will all dependencies16:57
baptistemmapache has been splitted to be shipped as a component without pulling the system server part (init script and whatnot)16:58
seb128reading that upstream bug apache doesn't need to be installed16:59
seb128we could maybe make it not installed an g-u-s work with bluetooth only by default16:59
seb128tgpraveen12, work on the changes and send patches?16:59
baptistemmsure, I didn't tested how it works16:59
seb128there is just too much to do16:59
seb128and nobody really interested in bluetooth there17:00
seb128there = in the active contributors set17:00
tgpraveen12hmm sorry but am not really got any experience/knowledge17:00
baptistemmI can try to do it, I just need to find the time17:00
seb128ok, so nothing you should make out of waiting17:00
seb128or trying to find motivated contributors17:00
baptistemmyeah, it should not that hard17:01
chrisccoulsoni can do it in my spare time, in exchange for beer17:01
baptistemmtgpraveen12, open the bug in lp please17:01
tgpraveen12baptistemm: what should the bug be about? split apache from gus?17:01
chrisccoulsonmake gus share work without apache17:02
baptistemmlike "make g-u-s installable without apache"17:02
ubottuUbuntu bug 519953 in gnome-user-share "make g-u-s installable without apache" [Undecided,New]17:05
tgpraveen12ok folks bye.17:05
bjfbryceh, what causes the "searching for available drivers" to run? i'm seeing it after every reboot on a laptop with intel video17:35
rickspencer3bjf, sounds rather like a jockey issue17:36
bjfrickspencer3, how do I go about debugging it?17:38
rickspencer3bjf, I suppose look at the log files and such17:39
rickspencer3maybe pitti has some documentation for debugging jockey17:39
pittibjf: right, known to me17:40
pittiI suspect the recently rewritten dbusmenu stuff which changed d-bus API17:40
pittibjf: it's on my list to fix17:40
seb128pitti, they added a timestamp parameter to some api yes17:42
seb128should be easy to change17:42
pittiseb128: also renamed the bus name, no?17:42
pittiright, I don't expect it to be hard, I just didn't have time to look into it yet17:42
seb128pitti, should /dev/sdb have a ID_FS_USAGE?17:42
bjfpitti, thanks, didn't know if it was known (but now I do)17:43
seb128pitti, I think that's transparent for applications, it should if you use the libraries17:43
pittiseb128: why not?17:43
seb128pitti, discussing some libgpod udev issue with teuf17:43
seb128he has none on his ipod classic apparently17:43
pittiseb128: I presume it's a partition table? it should be "other" then17:43
seb128I get that set17:44
pittiseb128: the DKD_PARTITION_* bits are more interesting for the whole device, though17:44
pittiseb128: oh, is it a raw device, i. e. no partitions?17:44
seb128I've /dev/sdb and /dev/sdb1 where sdb1 is the vfat partition used17:45
pittithen ID_FS_USAGE=filesystem on sdb sounds gravely wrong17:45
seb128<teuf> seb128: ok, the udev rule could match on DEVTYPE=partition too to avoid matching both /dev/sdb and /dev/sdb117:45
seb128<teuf> hmm, though there's is this ENV{ID_FS_USAGE}=="filesystem" rule17:45
seb128<teuf> seems like for once, it's not libgpod that is buggy!17:45
seb128I'm being confused on what sdb should be17:46
seb128but teuf seems it should not be ID_FS_USAGE=filesystem17:46
seb128which is what libgpod filter on17:46
pittiit shouldn't indeed17:46
seb128udev bug?17:46
pittiblkid, or rather weird signatures on the device17:47
pittiseb128: where are you discussing?17:47
seb128#rhythmbox on irc.gnome.org17:47
pittiseb128: sudo blkid -p /dev/sdb output would be interesting17:47
seb128but he's probably on some IRC channels on this IRC too17:47
seb128/dev/sdb: LABEL="iPod" UUID="A88B-3652" VERSION="FAT32" TYPE="vfat" USAGE="filesystem"17:47
pittiright, he's on freenode as well17:47
pittiseb128: so it seems this is mis-formatted to have both a partition table and a file system17:48
seb128are you both on some dk channel?17:48
didrocksseb128: pitti: disable tooltip on demand is available at bug #519856 on both metacity/mutter/compiz (reporting upstream those 3 was painful). As an additional bonus, the metacity branch contains the last update.17:56
ubottuLaunchpad bug 519856 in mutter "Disable decorator tooltip with a gconf key" [Wishlist,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/51985617:56
seb128didrocks, you rock17:57
seb128kwwii, ^17:57
didrocksseb128: thanks ;)17:57
didrocksdo you want me to suscribe u-m-s? or you will put on your schedule later?17:58
kwwiididrocks: yes you do rock indeed ;)17:59
seb128didrocks, subscribe sponsors for now18:00
seb128I'm behind schedule for today18:00
seb128I doubt I will look at your caching change or that18:00
didrocksno pb, done ;)18:00
didrocksok, no hurry then18:01
seb128maybe you can convince pitti or mvo to sponsor those ;-)18:01
seb128I will have a look tomorrow otherwise18:01
seb128I still have to review an app indicator patch in launchpad18:01
didrocksok ;)18:01
seb128and to work on nm-applet, upstream commented on my patch some days ago and I want to update that today...18:02
didrocksurgh, think about sleeping a little too seb128 :)18:02
seb128yeah don't worry18:02
seb128I will run for dinner soon18:03
didrocksI'm doing liferea now. If I can help you on other things, tell me18:03
didrocksenjoy  ;)18:03
seb128and to have a look to a friends upgrade which broke18:03
seb128hardy to karmic18:03
seb128he didn't want to do all the stages upgrade18:03
seb128didrocks, did you get a reply for cheese?18:03
seb128didrocks, you can keep doing upgrades from the version page18:03
didrocksseb128: not yet :/18:03
seb128there is pessulus, anjuta to upgrade18:04
seb128and some others18:04
didrocksseb128: ok, I will certainly sleep early today, but I still can do pessulus and anuta18:04
seb128you should call it a day now18:04
seb128and do those tomorrow morning18:04
seb128no hurry18:04
didrockslet's see if after dinner time I'm motivated to do some updates ;)18:05
baptistemm_hi there18:10
baptistemm_I've just updated my lucid install and had an error with update-initamfs, the same than reported earlier18:11
baptistemm_cpio: ./lib/udev/firmware.sh: --> no such file18:11
seb128wait for the new udev update to be build and installable18:11
baptistemm_thanks a lot18:12
seb128bbl, dinner and debugging upgrade for a friend on the way18:13
chrisccoulsongood evening everyone18:16
Nafaievening chrisccoulson18:17
chrisccoulsonhey Nafai, how are you?18:18
NafaiDoing well!18:18
NafaiHaving fun with gdb at the moment :)18:18
baptistemm_hey chrisccoulson18:18
chrisccoulsonhey baptistemm_18:18
chrisccoulsonNafai - what are you debugging in gdb at the moment?18:19
Nafaigot a segfault in my brasero changes, I know why it happens now (something had already been free'd, now figuring out what I need to do to prevent it :))18:20
baptistemm_chrisccoulson, I seen you pushed my gnome-terminal changes in a bzr branch, it a normal process ?18:20
chrisccoulsonNafai - make a copy of it ;)18:20
chrisccoulsonbaptistemm_ - yeah, we work in bzr :)18:20
chrisccoulsonyou can do your changes in bzr if you want, but i'm not sure it's completely necessary18:21
baptistemm_hey, there is a patch that make bluetooth optionnal for gnome-user-share18:23
baptistemm_I wonder what would be the result with httpd optional too :)18:24
chrisccoulsonbaptistemm_ - we want webdav optional?18:24
chrisccoulsonsorry, typing with 1 hand ;)18:24
baptistemm_bluetooth is at build, and IIRC webdav is at runtime18:24
mvodidrocks:  you need sponsoring?18:25
mvoseb128: hrm, hrm, bzr-buildpackage does not work with launchpad-integration18:26
mvoit still uses debian/rules arch-build?18:26
mvothat is from ... 1999 or something ;)18:26
baptistemm_chrisccoulson, for g-u-s I should move apache-bin from Depends to Suggest ?18:32
chrisccoulsonbaptistemm_ - yes18:33
baptistemm_or Recommend?18:33
chrisccoulsonrecommends are installed by default, which we don't  want18:34
didrocksmvo: oh yes, if you have some time, there are 3 branches attached here: https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/mutter/+bug/51985618:44
ubottuUbuntu bug 519856 in mutter "Disable decorator tooltip with a gconf key" [Wishlist,Triaged]18:45
mvodidrocks: ok, let me finish my fight with launchpad-integration and then I have a look18:47
pittiseb128: do we really need X-GNOME-AutoRestart=true in r/share/applications/nautilus.desktop ?18:49
pittiit breaks nautilus -q18:49
* pitti chmods it to 0 for the moment18:49
pittiis that just a fallback for crashes?18:49
seb128pitti, yes it's for crashes18:50
mvo * debian/rules:18:50
seb128idem for gnome-panel18:50
mvo    - removed arch-build target (very pre bzr-builddeb)18:50
seb128mvo, hehe, that's sort of why I pinged you for this one18:51
seb128mvo, you are the one who wrote that old and unknown magic18:51
mvoseb128: and now its GONE18:51
mvomaybe I should have kept it? job security?18:51
didrocksmvo: sweet, thanks ;)18:51
* seb128 hugs mvo18:52
* mvo hugs seb12818:52
mvoseb128: all good now, bzr-buildpackage with DTRT now18:52
* mvo hugs james_w for bzr-buildpackage love18:53
mvojames_w: just a kudos for bzr-builddeb, I love it18:54
james_wnice :-)18:54
james_wI added bzr dh_make the other day18:54
james_wcd upstream18:54
james_wbzr dh_make <package> <version> http://upstream.org/upstream....tar.gz18:54
james_wbzr bd18:54
james_wif you don't have an upstream branch in bzr then just do it from outside a branch and it will create a branch for you in ./<package>18:55
seb128dinner, bbl18:56
didrocksseb128: I'll begin tomorrow morning with some updates, too tired now ;)20:03
seb128didrocks, 'night20:03
didrocksseb128: thanks, you too. Don't go to bed too late :)20:03
seb128don't worry, thanks :-)20:04
* pitti waves goodnight, too20:04
baptistemm_chrisccoulson, g-u-s can be run without http but nothing prevent on to try to start webdav sharing, but actually that's doesnt work20:04
didrocksgood night pitti20:04
baptistemm_s/on /one/20:04
pittibon nuit didrocks20:04
seb128asac, good work, got mono to build on armel! :-)20:07
seb128baptistemm_, we should probably hide the ui control for it if it's not running20:07
baptistemm_or disable it?20:08
asacyeah ;)20:09
asacits impressive how deep mono got entrenched in our desktop20:10
asacthrough indicator applet pushing mono bindings20:10
asacor indicator-something (cant remember)20:10
jcastroasac: yeah for the app indicators20:12
seb128asac, indicator-application20:13
seb128asac, well it's just build-depends, thing need to build bindings20:14
seb128you could say the same about python20:14
asacseb128: "just" is the wrong word here. its capable of breaking full desktop stack if its failiing on a specific arch ;)20:15
asacat least build-breaking :)20:15
asacand yes. there certainly is other stuff that would kill us even harder :)20:16
seb128well you could say the same about any lib basically20:16
seb128if gtk doesn't build on armel you are in trouble20:16
seb128or glib20:16
seb128or dbus20:16
seb128or ...20:16
seb128<zillion things we use in the desktop set>20:17
Laneyasac: good work on the fix!20:24
asacseb128: thats basically what i said. yes.20:28
asacLaney: thx20:28
Laneylp takes longer to generate diffs these days20:29
rickspencer3desktopcouch is demanding an administrator password from me to view it :/21:28
rickspencer3kenvandine, any idea what's up21:28
kenvandinerm ~/.config/desktop-couch/desktop-couchdb.ini21:29
kenvandineand kill desktopcouch21:29
rickspencer3in that order?21:29
kenvandinechad had a branch to fix it21:29
rickspencer3ug, four instances of couchdb are running21:30
rickspencer3kill all those?21:30
kenvandinekillall beam.smp desktopcouch-service21:30
rickspencer3and couchjs?21:30
kenvandinekillall beam desktopcouch-service21:30
kenvandinefor single core box21:30
kenvandinei am checking on that bug21:30
kenvandinei thought they uploaded that fix last week21:31
kenvandinehope it didn't sneak back in :)21:31
rickspencer3I'll just kill -9 everything21:31
rickspencer3kenvandine, no love, it still wants an admin password21:33
rickspencer3and now it won't start from apps21:34
kenvandinewell... hang on21:34
kenvandineok, chad says you don' thave to delete the ini file21:35
kenvandinebut it doesn't matter21:35
kenvandineyou just need to really restart it21:35
kenvandinekill those processes and make sure they are dead21:35
kenvandineok... hang on ... maybe you do need to axe it21:36
rickspencer3everything is dead21:37
kenvandineok, hang on ... waiting for chad :)21:38
kenvandinehe has it fixed in trunk21:38
kenvandinebasically couchdb likes to overwrite it's ini file sometimes21:38
rickspencer3ken, this is silly21:41
rickspencer3no stress21:41
rickspencer3I'm going to go to the gym, come back, and keep working on couchgrid on my netbook21:41
rickspencer3(without dist-upgrading it)21:41
rickspencer3I'll do what I can to help you debug tomorrow21:42
kenvandinerickspencer3,  grep -- -hashed- ~/.local/share/desktop-couch/couchdb.html && dbus-send --session --dest=org.desktopcouch.CouchDB --print-reply --type=method_call / org.desktopcouch.CouchDB.quit && rm ~/.config/desktop-couch/desktop-couchdb.ini21:42
kenvandinerickspencer3, dbus-send --session --dest=org.desktopcouch.CouchDB --print-reply --type=method_call / org.desktopcouch.CouchDB.getPort21:43
rickspencer3<a id="there" href="http://SlvaZtTHkb:-hashed-c9bd3d75310eb431d8d4d6719ee98459d36b3488,78ac21c8dd9864cae943396c0653fcdd@localhost:42513/_utils">take me21:43
rickspencer3Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)21:43
rickspencer3Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)21:43
kenvandineah, cause we killed it21:45
kenvandinepart of his command was stopping it nicely :)21:45
rickspencer3so how do I start it again?21:45
kenvandinethe second command21:45
kenvandinedbus-send --session --dest=org.desktopcouch.CouchDB --print-reply --type=method_call / org.desktopcouch.CouchDB.getPort21:45
kenvandinethe fix for this should get uploaded friday21:46
rickspencer3so I am dead in the water on my desktop until Friday?21:46
kenvandinethis will fix it21:46
rickspencer3that's cool, I just won't dist-upgrade my netbook until then21:46
kenvandinebut it might happen again21:46
kenvandinenothing to do with the update21:46
kenvandinesomething makes couchdb want to change that ini file21:46
kenvandineit seems random21:46
rickspencer3just reboot?21:47
kenvandineit hit me last week21:47
rickspencer3reinstall couch?21:47
kenvandineyou still need to run this command21:47
kenvandinereboot and run both of these commands21:47
kenvandinejust to get back to a sane state21:47
kenvandineit should only affect futon21:47
kenvandineapps can still use it21:47
kenvandinei think :)21:48
rickspencer3kenvandine, gwibber won't start, my apps won't start21:49
kenvandineok, maybe i was wrong21:49
kenvandineok... easy21:50
kenvandinerm ~/.config/desktop-couch/desktop-couchdb.ini21:50
kenvandineand reboot21:50
kenvandinegwibber using desktopcouch has helped uncover some of these issues21:51
kenvandinereal desktop apps that you interact with...21:51
kenvandineif dc goes away, you know it21:51
rickspencer3kenvandine, okay, rebooting21:53
milanbvguys, I'm glad to announce you an awesome reporter allowed me to fix the old random bug that destroyed /etc/passwd and /etc/groups when using users-admin21:54
kenvandinemilanbv, excellent21:55
milanbvsome ugly script had added an extra ':' in a line in /etc/group (the one for 'audio' group), which the system-tools-backends did not like at all (quite stupid error checking)21:55
milanbva one-liner was enough! and it had been around for a few years! ;-)21:56
rickspencer3kenvandine, futon works now21:56
kenvandinerickspencer3, sweet21:57
rickspencer3I had a nice infinite loop in my couchgrid test code21:57
rickspencer3add 1300+ records before it gave up21:57
dobeydoh. i gotta remember to bug james_w tomorrow21:58
rickspencer3kenvandine, anything I should wrt logging a bug or what not?22:06
kenvandinebug is logged and fix committed22:06
kenvandinedon't have the # handy22:06
kenvandinehe has another bug to fix then release22:06
chrisccoulsonmilanbv - are you going to do a stb release now, or do you have a patch i can upload?22:06
rickspencer3also, gwibber seemed to start faster, maybe because desktopcouch was already running?22:07
milanbvoh, don't worry22:07
chrisccoulsonand is it backportable to the other supported releases?22:07
milanbvyeah, this is highly backportable22:07
milanbv(one line)22:07
milanbvbut I guess you can wait for Lucid22:07
milanbvsince the changes in 2.29 have mitigated the problem22:07
chrisccoulsonif it's easily backportable, then the change would probably be worth a SRU for the current releases22:07
chrisccoulsonbut i will ask pitti that22:08
milanbvI'm adding a task against Jaunty22:08
chrisccoulsonmilanbv - i'm not sure you can do that (i know that i can't)22:09
milanbvyeah, I'm just candidating for backport22:09
milanbvactually this applies from Hardy to Karmic :D22:09
chrisccoulsonyeah, probably. but don't worry about intrepid22:09
chrisccoulsonthat's EOL soon, and i suspect that most people will have moved on from that now ;)22:10
milanbvBTW, that's bug 16086222:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 160862 in gnome-system-tools "users-admin (System->Administration->Users and Groups) overwrites group file" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/16086222:15
milanbvgoing to bed, have good day/night22:15
chrisccoulsonyeah, i think i'm subscribed to that one22:15
chrisccoulsonthanks! :)22:15
milanbvno problem, I'm quite happy to have eventually tackled that one ;-)22:16
rickspencer3kenvandine, thanks for helping me get desktopcouch back up22:22
kwwiierm, are we shipping with GRUB2 in lucid?22:51
kwwiiok, I take that question back22:51
dobeyuhm, we did in karmic no? :)22:54
RAOFrobert_ancell: I've updated the launchpad-integration merge for mvo's (better) build-from-bzr work in trunk.  Do you want to fight bzr again today, or shall I try to extricate my changes from the clutches of rich-root?22:57
robert_ancellRAOF, No progress on bzr as of yet.  It might be easier just to send the diff...22:58
seb128mvo did use trunk?23:00
robert_ancell*sigh* mono+dpkg is hard...23:18
RAOFseb128: mvo did use trunk, but my branches hadn't landed there yet.23:19
RAOFrobert_ancell: Want some help? :)23:19
robert_ancellRAOF, just following the discussion in #ubuntu-devel as to why the last version of launchpad-integration failed to build...23:20
RAOFAh, right.  Yes, that's one of the things my branch fixes :)23:21
robert_ancelloh good.  just trying to upgrade the branch now, if not I'm just going to manually merge everything23:22
robert_ancellupgrade failed.  interestingly it doesn't seem to be stacked anymore23:23
RAOFI'm happy to provide a new, non-rich-root branch for you to merge.23:23
robert_ancellRAOF, ok, please do23:24
RAOFBecause there are some file moves in there, which make simply applying the diff a little more difficult.23:24
robert_ancellseb128, oh, are you looking at the gdmsetup tool now?23:28
seb128robert_ancell, not really, but it was either we found somebody to take responsibility for the spec or dropped it23:30
seb128I told pitti to assign it to me as a target of opportunity23:30
seb128since having lucid not having an option to not make noise would suck23:30
seb128and nobody seems to be interested or having free time for it23:30
seb128I will probably not have free slots for it either though23:30
robert_ancellseb128, ok, I was looking at it the other day - there's a community tool that was made - https://launchpad.net/gdm2setup23:31
seb128is that the pygtk code calling command lines?23:31
seb128ie sudo -u gdm gconftool....23:31
seb128I'm not sure I like that ;-)23:32
robert_ancellseb128, the real difficulty is that you can't read the config without root access.  Although I noticed someone has changed gdmsetup to run through sudo now23:32
robert_ancelldidrocks, ^ was that required for the session changes?23:32
robert_ancellseb128, you don't know of a way to access gconf for another user do you?23:32
seb128he's sleeping23:32
seb128gdmsetup is not called through sudo23:33
seb128but the polkit dialog is displayed on run now23:33
seb128which is weird23:33
chrisccoulsonyeah, i thought that was a bit weird23:34
robert_ancellit must access something requiring polkit on startup23:34
robert_ancellannoyingly the button didn't realise that23:34
seb128that would explain23:34
seb128gconf as an another user, good question23:34
robert_ancellI was looking through the docs but it doesn't seem possible23:35
istazis there an official channel for desktopcouch? #desktopcouch seems kinda empty23:35
robert_ancell(or at least sanely possible)23:35
bratscheWhat's the status of sound-juicer these days?  Anyone know?23:35
seb128bratsche, not really actively maintained I think23:35
seb128istaz, not sure but kenvandine probably knows23:35
bratscheIs there a better alternative yet?23:36
seb128nothing newer no I think23:36
seb128the current official GNOME way is to use rhythmbox I think23:36
bratscheOkay, there's a patch I want to write for it later then.23:36
seb128but I don't think it's any better23:36
istazseb128: ok thanks23:37
bratscheYeah, banshee lets me rip CDs but sound-juicer does a better job of detecting what the CD is so I still want to use it.23:37
seb128robert_ancell, gconf-editor can set mandatory key using the gconf default policykit service thing...maybe gdm could do something similar23:48
robert_ancellseb128, is that the same as a key default?  Can you do that on a per-user basis?23:48
bratscheHas anyone here ever used rsvg from Python?  The example code that comes with python-rsvg doesn't even seem to work.23:49
seb128robert_ancell, no in fact it seems to be made to write system defaults only :-(23:49
seb128bratsche, not me23:50
robert_ancellseb128, that seems the problem, the gdm default is the same as for all users23:50
seb128we could set system default key then23:56
seb128no need to change the gdm user one23:57
seb128excepted that some keys are used by normal session too...23:57

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!