vish!ops , pls ban Speedy1 ^ he keeps posting that is several channels08:52
ubottuError: I am only a bot, please don't think I'm intelligent :)08:52
ubottuHelp! Seveas, Hobbsee, LjL, ompaulafk, Keybuk, mdz, sabdfl, janimo, ogra, mdke, dholbach, or jono08:53
nigel_nbvish, I told them08:53
vishnigel_nb: neato.. :)08:53
persiaOften it's better to ask in #ubuntu-irc than to call ops for something so general (and it's being sorted)08:55
persiaCalling ops in a channel is better reserved for flooding or inappropriate behaviour, etc., as it only grabs that specific channel's ops, rather than a wider set.08:55
vishpersia: oh , -irc didnt know of that channel thanks.. what is the -ops for? or are both same08:56
persiavish: As I understand it, "ops" to notify the bot is local-channel emergency, #ubuntu-irc is kinda like IRC support for Ubuntu channels, and #ubuntu-ops is a chat channel for some of the more active ops.08:57
persiaBut not all ops idle on -ops, nor even on -irc.08:57
vishpersia: err , yeah , just the -ops channel is a bit intimidating to enter , with their no idling policy :)08:58
persia-irc is better for 90% of cases.  The only times I end up in -ops is when I have questions about being an IRC op, rather than questions for IRC ops.08:59
* persia is only op in a few channels08:59
* vish learn't of a new -irc channel today \o/ 09:00
czajkowskivish: also #ubuntu-irc-helpers09:13
vishczajkowski: ooh.. thanks.   now isnt that one too many channels for irc ops ;) ..09:15
czajkowskivish: I thik the latter is to help and educate. rather handy to be honest09:16
persiaThis conversation is off topic though, and *lots* of people idle here.  -irc is a better place for the discussion.09:20
=== ogra_ is now known as ogra
asacok mono uploaded13:01
* elky hands asac an asbestos suit.13:09
asacdamage is already done ... i am contaminated13:10
=== fader|away is now known as fader_
* stgraber waves13:58
* mathiaz waves13:58
* Daviey joins the mexican wave.13:58
* persia thought it was more of a french wave13:59
smosermorning US/Eastern13:59
* stgraber quickly looks at the LXC blueprint. Everything is done !!!13:59
RoAkSoAxmorning all.. long time no see xD13:59
* jjohansen waves13:59
stgraberpersia: for the record, I'm not french ;)14:00
zul*cough* US Jr/Eastern as well14:00
persiastgraber: My apologies.14:00
ttxlets get cracking14:00
nijabastgraber: swiss, french speaking, right?14:00
stgrabernijaba: yup, living in Canada :)14:00
zulah another wannabe14:00
MootBotMeeting started at 08:01. The chair is ttx.14:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]14:01
ttxAgenda ^14:01
ttxsmoser: around ?14:02
ivoks(date on the meeting is wrong)14:02
ttxjib is not available so I'll chair this one14:02
ttxkirkland is scribe, though he is not available right now14:02
ttxmathiaz is probably on a plane somewhere14:03
* mathiaz waves14:03
ttxGood, so we have quorum :)14:03
ttx[TOPIC] Review ACTION points from previous meeting14:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Review ACTION points from previous meeting14:03
* nijaba hopes mathias does not make the plane wave14:03
ttxACTION: ttx to announce papercuts nominations14:03
ttxACTION: zul to do another call to action for the apport hooks involvement14:03
zulwill do today14:04
ttxACTION: zul to raise php5.3 update on -server and -devel mailinglist, outline which apps are currently not working with 5.314:04
zuli think the conensus of the community is to move to 5.314:04
ttxzul: is that expected to generate an insane amount of work ?14:04
zulwhich means I have to start cracking ;)14:04
mathiazzul: what the list of packages that will be broken by moving to 5.3?14:05
zulttx: not really, some package s in universe will have to be updated14:05
ivoks+ for 5.314:05
nijabamathiaz: none in main, hopefully14:05
ttxzul: ok, break them first14:05
ttx[TOPIC] Alpha3 progress review14:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Alpha3 progress review14:05
zuldrupal is the big one big one but we already have drupal614:05
=== jamalta-afk is now known as jamalta
ttxSo we'll concentrate on prio 1 specs < 70% completion and prio 2 specs < 50%14:06
ttxuec-testing (mathiaz), quick update on status ?14:06
kirklandttx: i plan on testing today's iso14:06
mathiazttx: I think we're in good shape there14:06
mathiazttx: most of the remaining items are about doing the tests14:07
kirklandttx: i'll sync with mathiaz before commencing14:07
ttxkirkland: glad you could make it14:07
ttxkirkland, mathiaz: ack14:07
ttxmysql-5.0 (zul): ETA for mysql-cluster14:07
kirklandttx: my bip proxy server crashed, OOM errors, kernel panic14:07
zulttx: upload it today hopeflly14:07
ttxseeds (mathiaz): are we reaching a conclusion on RHCS ?14:07
ttxseeds (zul): did you forward the ctdb issues to Jelmer ?14:08
mathiazttx: hmmm14:08
zulttx: not yet14:08
mathiazttx: I had a short talk with ivoks14:08
mathiaznijaba: what's your position on rhcs in main for lucid?14:08
ttx[ACTION] zul to forward issues about ctbd to jelmer to see if those can be lifted before FF14:08
MootBotACTION received:  zul to forward issues about ctbd to jelmer to see if those can be lifted before FF14:08
ttx[ACTION] zul to do another call to action for the apport hooks involvement14:09
MootBotACTION received:  zul to do another call to action for the apport hooks involvement14:09
nijabamathiaz: my position is simple: we should follow ivok's reco14:09
RoAkSoAxand that was the plan, to demote RHCS and include the new cluster stack14:10
ttxnijaba: if ivoks is maintaining it, it makes sense for it to be in universe ?14:10
* Daviey wonders if anyone actually uses RHCS anyway14:10
mathiazright - that's more the question - main versus universe14:11
ttxDaviey: ivoks does14:11
mathiazAfter having talked with Fabio it seems to be a bad idea to keep all of rhcs in main for lucid14:11
nijabattx: that's another discussion, but yes, I am afraid it is the only solution for 10.0414:11
ttxmy understanding is that it's difficult to have the new cluster stack in main without keeping most of RHCS i main14:11
mathiazand the current cluster stack is still a moving part14:11
mathiazso from an LTS perspective, maintenance for 5 years is also reduced14:12
mathiazttx: not really14:12
mathiazttx: most of the binary packages can be moved to universe14:12
nijabawe have to be conscious that we are introducing a gap in our feature coverage, but I don't think it really matters14:13
ttxmathiaz: ok14:13
ttxmathiaz: that thread should reach a conclusion soon, then14:13
ttxMaybe a little more discussion can't hurt14:13
* mathiaz agrees14:13
ttxok, moving on14:14
ttxdaily-vcs (zul): quick update on status ?14:14
* Daviey would be highly suprised if any enterprise used lucid RHCS in >3 years anyway. So lack of being in main makes little difference.14:14
zulttx: been working on the higher priority specs14:14
ttxpuppet-etckeeper-integration (mathiaz, soren): any progress to report ?14:14
* nijaba agrees with Daviey14:14
zulttx: no progress though14:14
* RoAkSoAx agrees with Daviey too14:15
DavieyShhh!  We've moved on :)14:15
mathiazttx: waiting on merging 0.25.4 from debian14:15
ttxpuppet-uec-ec2-integration (mathiaz): not started yet, is it in danger ?14:15
ttxsoren ^is this under way ?14:15
sorenOh hai!14:15
mathiazttx: it's in unstable now14:15
ttxsoren: o/14:16
sorenNo news, no.14:16
mathiazttx: ec2-integration: I'm planning to work on that this week14:16
mathiazttx: I don't see it in danger for alpha314:16
mathiazsoren: 0.25.4 is in unstable now - it should be merged in lucid14:17
ttxsoren: are you still on track to complete the etckeeper integration item ?14:17
sorenmathiaz: Cool. I'll do that soon.14:17
sorenttx: I believe so, yes.14:17
ttxQuestions on alpha3 progress ?14:18
ttxOther things affecting alpha3 that anyone wants to report ?14:18
ttxMoving on.14:18
ttx[TOPIC] server-lucid-papercuts : Nomination review14:18
MootBotNew Topic:  server-lucid-papercuts : Nomination review14:18
ttxPlease see list at https://bugs.launchpad.net/server-papercuts/+bugs14:18
ttxWe'll go through them, quick +1 / +0 / -1 from those that reviewed the list14:19
ubottuUbuntu bug 24741 in samba "Spurious "account_policy_get failed" messages on install" [Wishlist,Triaged]14:19
kirklandttx: -1 on the password feedback one14:20
ttxjust a sec :)14:20
ubottuUbuntu bug 56679 in netcfg "provide a method to use a specified MAC-address as the installation device" [Wishlist,Confirmed]14:20
ttxdebian installer thing... +014:20
nijabattx: move it to foundations?14:20
kirklandttx: +014:21
ttxwell, its already in their realm, and they don't do papercuts :P14:21
ubottuUbuntu bug 165184 in amavisd-new "amavisd-new + spamassassin: cronjob spams root user" [Medium,Triaged]14:21
ttxNo clear agreed solution, +014:21
zulwhy not redirect it to /dev/null?14:22
ubottuUbuntu bug 194472 in sudo "Entering password in Terminal gives no visual feedback" [Unknown,Fix released]14:22
zulfoundations again14:22
ttxhighly contentious, -114:22
Davieythat is not a papercut :)14:22
ubottuUbuntu bug 211915 in amavisd-new "Insecure dependency when using sql for Log Reporting" [Undecided,Confirmed]14:22
ttxdoc bug, +014:22
ubottuUbuntu bug 229732 in initramfs-tools "USB Keyboard drivers not loaded in initramfs" [Undecided,In progress]14:23
ttxNot really server, +014:23
kirklandttx: definitely not really server14:23
ubottuUbuntu bug 263442 in mc "mcedit is not longer the default editor" [Undecided,Confirmed]14:23
zulmore foundationsy14:23
kirklandttx: yeah, +1, that could/should be fixed14:24
ubottuUbuntu bug 289087 in linux "Missing linux-image-debug packages and metapackages since Intrepid" [High,Triaged]14:24
mathiaz-1: kernel14:24
ttxno easy solution : -114:24
ubottuUbuntu bug 392377 in debootstrap "building vm image on text console causes gettys to stop respawning" [Undecided,New]14:24
ttxnot sure anything left todo, +014:25
mathiazttx: where are the critiria for acceptance?14:25
ttxin the spec14:25
sorenThat should be fixed now.14:25
ttxeasy solution, server package, < 2h work14:25
zul-1 based on soren's feedback14:25
sorenOh, wait.14:25
sorenNo, it's not.14:25
zul+1 then ;)14:25
sorenIt's fixed in debootstrap, not in vm-builder.14:25
ttxsoren: exactly14:25
sorenubottu confused me by only mentioning debootstrap :)14:25
ubottuError: I am only a bot, please don't think I'm intelligent :)14:25
kirklandokay, yeah +1 then14:25
ubottuUbuntu bug 393888 in ruby1.9 "Ruby 1.9.0 curses Alt-key handling broken" [Undecided,Confirmed]14:26
sorenI'm expecting to fix that this week.14:26
ttx+1, if its really just a missing builddep14:26
ttx-µ1 if it required bump, since papercuts needs to be bugfixes, not something affected by FF14:26
kirklandttx: yeah, +1 if only builddep14:26
ubottuUbuntu bug 406466 in linux "2.6.31 - Can't see files in CIFS-mounted directories" [Medium,Confirmed]14:26
ttx-1 / kernel issue, not even a bug methink14:26
mathiaz-1 : kernel issue14:27
ubottuUbuntu bug 428814 in amavisd-new "Removal of the package does not remove the cron.daily script" [Low,Triaged]14:27
ubottuUbuntu bug 458203 in eucalyptus "euca_conf is missing command-line completion" [Wishlist,Triaged]14:27
kirklandttx: that's mostly fixed14:27
kirklandttx: in my last merge14:27
ubottuUbuntu bug 460398 in vm-builder "/etc/timezone is not set correctly" [Medium,Triaged]14:27
ttxkirkland: cool :)14:27
smosercommand line completion is mostly fixed, kirkland ?14:27
ubottuUbuntu bug 480460 in mcelog "mcelog: warning: record length longer than expected. Consider update." [Undecided,Confirmed]14:27
ubottuUbuntu bug 495505 in tomcat6 "server.number reports not 6.0.X.0" [Medium,Triaged]14:28
ubottuUbuntu bug 496554 in installation-guide "Obsolete info in "Automatic Installation" section" [Undecided,New]14:29
ttx+1 (?)14:29
ttxtaht sounds like a rather outdated doc14:29
ttxif its completely rotten, might make sense to remove it rather than try to fix it14:30
ubottuUbuntu bug 508606 in command-not-found "Recommend tracepath for "traceroute" and "tracert"" [Undecided,New]14:30
ttxA few other ones have been added recently, we'll review them next week14:30
shatteredcool, my nominations went through :-)14:31
ttxI'll update the status of the bugs accordingly14:31
ttxshattered: yay !14:31
shatterednot the usb keyboard one, though14:31
ttxI propose that we discuss bugfixing goals next week, when we have a better idea of how many bugs we are looking at14:31
ttxGives a last chance for people to nominate their stuff :)14:32
* nijaba propose not to discard doc bug, and make sure sommer knows about them14:32
ttxhe is assigned to it, iirc14:32
ttxnijaba: agreed14:33
shattereddebian install document has the same bug14:33
shatteredif you're talking about 49655414:33
ttxI'll decline the -n, accept the +n, keep the +0 around14:33
ttxmoving on...14:33
ttxunless there are any questions?14:33
ttx[TOPIC] server-lucid-apport-hooks  update (zul)14:34
MootBotNew Topic:  server-lucid-apport-hooks  update (zul)14:34
zulall prior 1 are done except for openssh its pending a review with cjwatson14:34
cjwatsonzul: it is?  I don't have mail about it14:35
cjwatsonnor do I see a branch on LP14:35
zulcjwatson: hold on lemme pull it up14:35
ttxzul: Did you get any community feedback on the prio2 ones ?14:35
zulttx: no :(14:36
cjwatsonsorry if I missed it on IRC, but IRC is kind of unreliable14:36
ttxHopefully you'll get some -- after the email you're going to send about it :)14:36
zulcjwatson: https://code.launchpad.net/~zulcss/ubuntu/lucid/openssh/openssh-apport-hook14:36
zulttx: heh14:36
cjwatsonah, now I see it, I was looking for upstream branches, sorry14:36
cjwatsonI wonder why I didn't get a mail14:36
zulcjwatson: no probs14:36
cjwatsonanyway, thanks, I'll review that now14:37
ttxAs a general reminder, apport hooks are easy, and a great way of contributing your first patches/branches to Ubuntu :)14:37
zuland I dont bite14:37
ttxespecailly with a core-dev standing by to sponsor your work :)=14:37
RoAkSoAxi might be able to help if the time allows me to do so :)14:37
ttx[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (soren)14:37
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (soren)14:37
ttxsoren: howdy14:38
ttxsoren: if nothing else, when is new guy starting ?14:39
ttxlooks like we lost soren, we'll skip to...14:39
ttx[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)14:39
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)14:39
ttxjjohansen: howdy ?14:39
smosernew guy starts: 15th (which is a US holiday) so 16th14:39
jjohansennew EC2 kernel is checked in14:40
ttxsmoser: thx14:40
smoserand booted in daily build output too!14:40
jjohansenhas the latest updates, and updated configs14:40
ttxsmoser/jjohansen: so krd is complete now ?14:40
jjohansenmodulo any bugs14:40
jjohansenalso Bug #51944814:40
smoserttx, definitely complete for ec2. and no ramdisks are published right now for uec.14:40
ubottuLaunchpad bug 519448 in linux "No XEN domU support in 32bit virtual flavour" [Wishlist,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/51944814:40
ttxfeature-complete, I should say14:40
jjohansenhas been fixed for next proposed karmic14:41
smoserso we'll see for uec soon enough.14:41
jjohansenand those changes are being rolled into lucid as well14:41
jjohansenI think that is it14:41
ttxjjohansen: also I blamed kernel for recent lucid random freezes, and it was plymouth fault.14:42
smoserbest bet is to always blame the kernel14:42
* ttx beats himself with a big stick14:42
jjohansenheh, well I blamed the kernel too, at first14:42
Davieyplymouth on server shocker.14:42
ttxsoren: are you back ?14:42
sorenSorry, yes.14:43
ttxAny other question for John ?14:43
sorenI'm on my new laptop, and my IRC-notification thing seems to be malfunctioning. Sorry about that.14:43
* soren catches up14:43
ttxok, back to the future:14:43
ttx[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (soren)14:43
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (soren)14:43
sorenI don't actually know when he'll be starting. I /think/ it's next week.14:44
ttxsmoser answered that one14:44
ttxFeb 16th14:44
sorenOther than that, I've handed over my automatic ISO testing stuff to the QA team. It'll be running in the DC soon.14:44
smoseri'm 98% certain on that. that is what marjo told me.14:44
sorensmoser: That's probably true, then :)14:44
sorenhe should know :)14:44
sorenI think that's all I have.14:44
zulheh he/she is going to be very very busy14:44
ttx[TOPIC] Weekly SRU review: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase#SRU%20weekly%20review  (mathiaz)14:45
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly SRU review: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase#SRU%20weekly%20review  (mathiaz)14:45
* mathiaz pulls out the lists14:45
MootBotLINK received:  http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ubuntu-server-team/fixedbugs.ubuntu-server.latest.html14:45
mathiazanything SRU worth ^^?14:45
ttxi think bug 50318014:46
ubottuLaunchpad bug 503180 in eucalyptus "eucalyptus-cloud doesn't reply to requests (eucalyptus doesn't work after reboot or services restart issues due to upstart networking behavior)" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/50318014:46
ttxkirkland: you planned a SRU /if/ the fix inlucid can also be applied to karmic, right ?14:46
Davieybug 34387014:46
ubottuLaunchpad bug 343870 in mysql-dfsg-5.1 "php-cli segmentation fault with mysql extension" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/34387014:46
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
kirklandttx: it should be a 2-liner14:46
kirklandttx: i can prep the upload, and put it in a PPA14:46
kirklandttx: if i could get some people to test it14:47
kirklandttx: my rig is all Lucid14:47
kirklandttx: i won't have much cycles to work on Karmic14:47
ttxDaviey: already nominated/accepted14:47
ttxkirkland: sounds like a plan.14:47
nijabakirkland: ping me when you want to test, I have a setup ready for it14:47
kirklandttx: action me to put an upload in a karmic ppa for testing14:47
ttxkirkland: also TeTeT could help14:47
kirklandttx: as soon as 1 person verifies the ppa, i'll push to proposed14:48
ttx[ACTION] kirkland to propose a karmic fix for bug 503180 in PPA14:48
MootBotACTION received:  kirkland to propose a karmic fix for bug 503180 in PPA14:48
ubottuLaunchpad bug 503180 in eucalyptus "eucalyptus-cloud doesn't reply to requests (eucalyptus doesn't work after reboot or services restart issues due to upstart networking behavior)" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/50318014:48
kirklandttx: or i can just push to propose, if you recommend14:48
zuli just like to point out https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/SRUTracker (its still a work in progress)14:48
ttxwe have no idea if the DB deadlock in karmic will be fully fixed by that... so I prefer PPA14:49
kirklandttx: ack14:49
ttxmathiaz: that's all from me14:49
mathiazanything else?14:50
ttxzul: cool14:50
mathiazthere is one bug nominated for jaunty|karmic: bug 36458114:50
ubottuLaunchpad bug 364581 in mod-auth-mysql "Crash when logging in" [Low,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/36458114:50
ttx"Low" being slightly underestimated14:51
mathiazok - accepting then14:51
zulshouldnt bugs be undecided before triaging them?14:51
ttxzul: no14:51
mathiazthat's all for the SRU review14:52
ttx[TOPIC] Open Discussion14:52
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion14:52
ttxNote that we no longer do a canonical-server-rteam bug review, as it brought little value to the contents of the meeting14:52
ttxany blocking bug should be brought up in Open Discussion14:53
ttx(not just canonical's team ones)14:53
Davieyooo, tftpd..14:53
Davieyis that being resolved stgraber ?14:54
ttxIf we have some free time, lets see new papercuts nominations :)14:54
ubottuUbuntu bug 508382 in bacula "bconsole does not connect to bacula-director" [Medium,Confirmed]14:54
kirklandtftpd-hpa in lucid sucks14:54
Davieykirkland: it's always had some degree of suckness.. but now moreso.14:55
stgraberI'm still not sure about what to do here but I'm very tempted to restore the old behavior14:55
kirklandstgraber: or downgrade?14:55
ttxI'd say +1 on the bconsole bug thing14:55
kirklandstgraber: at the very least, please restore old behavior14:56
ttxthough LDFLAGS=" " is almost certainly not the right way to fix it14:56
stgraberideally I'd just revert to what we had in Karmic but it's not exactly easy to do if we want to be able to sync with Debian in the future14:56
stgraber(as in, reverting to the old version completely)14:56
Davieystgraber: it wouldn't be a huge delta for us to carry, would it?14:57
Davieyto diverge and carry.14:57
stgraberso easiest is probably to tweak it so it works as before (inetd + /var/lib/tftpboot + no debconf)14:57
ttxstgraber: I'd revert to old behavior... and try to convince the debian maintainer of the value of the old system14:57
stgraberDaviey: I don't think so no14:57
ttxbe it only for upgrade scenarios14:57
ttxI suppose debian server users also upgrade14:57
ttxstgraber: reverting to old version won't help in the long run14:58
kirklandttx: let's solve this in #ubuntu-server14:58
ttx[TOPIC] Agree on next meeting date and time14:59
MootBotNew Topic:  Agree on next meeting date and time14:59
ttxThat will be again same place same time, for at least one more week14:59
kirklandttx: one hour later, please14:59
ttxkirkland: it's not in my power to change that14:59
kirklandttx: should we just drop that last TOPIC item, then?14:59
* Daviey checks the TOPIC14:59
kirklandttx: we always ask, and I always say "one hour later please"  :-)15:00
ttxkirkland: but... if you convince jos /and/ send an email after having convinced him, I'm ok with one hour later15:00
kirklandttx: okay15:00
Davieyany meeting date and time you chose, providing it is Wednesday at 2:00PM UTC -- Hnery Ford.15:00
* mathiaz pushes for a different day15:00
ttxmathiaz: that's an even more ambitious move !15:00
jiboumanskirkland: probably in may, fyi15:00
* jiboumans back to meeting &15:00
ttxeven more not in my little sphere of power15:00
MootBotMeeting finished at 09:01.15:01
sorenWow, you have a sphere of power? That sounds COOL!15:01
ttxsoren: I used to have a sphere of influence, but it dodn't work that well15:01
sorenWhat's the exchange rate from Spheres of Influence to Spheres of Power these days?15:02
=== RoAk is now known as RoAkSoAx
ttxsoren: it's not so good. But back when I traded mine, it was good. I got a small Sphere of Power for my medium-sized speher of Influence15:04
kirklandttx: soren: and how does a Sphere of Power relate to a Ring of Power?15:05
kirklandmaybe that was what that giant marble was that Sauraman had...15:05
ttxA Ring of Power is mostly about your friends network. A Sphere of Power is centered around yourself.15:06
sorenkirkland: I'm not sure. I don't even know how it compares to my Spear of DOOM!15:06
persiasoren: How does that differ from the well advertised long pointy stick?15:06
ttxSpear of Doom ? like... being an admin of ubuntu-core-dev ?15:06
fader_I haven't even managed to get a Web of Trust... I'm so far behind. :(15:07
ttxSphere of Power only allows you to schedule UDS sessions, so it kinda sucks15:07
sorenpersia: Well, it's a spear, isn't it? So it's pointy by definition. The tip might break of the pointy stick, and then it'd just be a stick.15:07
* ttx remembers the time of web rings15:08
persiaAh, so the spear of DOOM! is cladded.  That makes sense.15:10
=== JamieBen1ett is now known as JamieBennett
=== asac_ is now known as asac
cjwatsonhi folks16:00
* slangasek waves16:01
cjwatsontremolux,james_w: ping16:01
cjwatsonis doko on leave?16:02
tremoluxhey!  hi everyone16:02
cjwatsonok, let's get started16:04
MootBotMeeting started at 10:04. The chair is cjwatson.16:04
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:04
cjwatson[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/Meetings/2010/0210#Agenda16:05
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/Meetings/2010/0210#Agenda16:05
cjwatsonsilly parser, I swear it sometimes works16:05
cjwatson[TOPIC] Lightning Round16:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Lightning Round16:05
cjwatsonorder: slangasek,__keybuk,mvo,lool,james_w,tremolux,ev,barry,cjwatson16:06
slangasekfighting with plymouth, everyone can reproduce the bugs except me16:06
slangasekhelp wanted... :)16:06
__keybukI have nothing to paste - first day back today16:06
cjwatson__keybuk: *nod*16:07
mvosoftware-center missing feature, ratings&review,16:08
mvoupgrade tester (added stepmaker profiels for gui upgrade, that is pure love)16:08
mvotie up loose ends from the sprint16:08
mvofighting jetlag16:08
loolLots of work on linux/versatile; worked on a bunch of ARM/qemu issues as well; some minor work on pycentral/pysupport tools.16:08
james_wworking on the bzr importer and putting features in to bzr-builddeb before next week. Not blocked on anything.16:09
tremoluxI've been working on presentation of individual software16:09
tremoluxsources in Software Center.  Some finish work still to do there.16:09
tremoluxNext up is back/forward navigation in the top level "Get Software" section.16:09
tremoluxHopefully other work items as time allows before feature freeze.16:09
tremoluxP.S.  Sprint was lots of fun, thanks everybody!16:09
evtrying to untangle a debconf bug in casper, looking into a kde oem-config bug, looking into a bug in ubiquity/console-setup whereby its not selecting the right keyboard map, and polishing up and testing my ubiquity conversion to plugins branch in preparation for merging.16:09
barrySprinting. Computer Janitor refactoring; dbus service and cli completed.  Will be working on updating the gtk ui next. Research on Launchpad Answers application for use by ratings-and-reviews. Submitted preliminary branch for review.  That was approved so will land that today.  Began work on next Launchpad branch in support of ratings-and-reviews in Software Center.  Will have pre-imp discussion with Curtis on that today and should have16:09
barrybranch ready for review by EOW.  Updated PEP 3147 for supporting multiple installed Python versions.  Pycon 2010 prep.  EOT.16:09
barry 16:09
barry 16:09
cjwatsondone: finished grub device-id work, at last; network initramfs issues for iscsi-root; other bits and pieces16:09
cjwatsonblocked: live CD greeter from DX for foundations-lucid-gfxboot-update, but I talked with bratsche at the sprint so this is at least moving16:09
cjwatsontodo: big dpkg merge once bzr-builddeb can handle .tar.bz2; debconf-dbus, still under discussion on packagekit list16:09
cjwatson[TOPIC] Outstanding actions from last meeting16:10
MootBotNew Topic:  Outstanding actions from last meeting16:10
cjwatsonthere was one here, which was actually for the sprint agenda but I don't think that happened16:10
cjwatsonmvo to add bug 506709 to sprint agenda16:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 506709 in unattended-upgrades "Should inform user if running during shutdown/reboot process" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/50670916:10
cjwatsondo you want to track that some other way?16:10
mvocjwatson: I did not manage to discuss it o nthe sprint16:11
mvoI will just talk to people OOB (slangasek or keybuk)16:11
mvoits milestoned, so it should not get lost16:11
cjwatson[TOPIC] Outstanding feature freeze exceptions16:11
MootBotNew Topic:  Outstanding feature freeze exceptions16:11
cjwatsonwe're a little early for this!  but perhaps it is a good time to ask if anyone expects to be requesting anything along those lines16:12
cjwatsoneight days to FF16:12
cjwatsonI am expecting to probably need to defer the ubiquity lvm/raid work, unfortunately16:13
cjwatsonas well as btrfs, which isn't a huge surprise16:13
evI'll in all likelihood be deferring the jockey integration in ubiquity16:14
mvoits not clear if archive based indexes will make it, we may have to do a workaround16:14
slangasekcjwatson: did you get a chance to talk with bratsche about the gfxboot stuff at the sprint and get that unblocked?16:14
barrycjwatson: heads up that the pitti burndown url is not responding16:15
cjwatsonslangasek: I talked with him, and he said it was a couple of hours of work; I nagged again today and he said "today"16:15
james_wthere's a bunch of bzr features we could make use of that won't happen in the next week, but I'm not sure they'll be for lucid anyway16:15
cjwatsonbarry: which one?  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-foundations-lucid-alpha-3.html WFM16:15
cjwatsonmvo: which archive-based indexes?16:16
cjwatsonbarry: (note that it's moved a couple of times)16:16
barrycjwatson: ah, this wiki page is out of date: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid16:16
* barry fixes...16:16
cjwatsonaha, yes please16:16
mvocjwatson: the idea to get rid of the app-install-data package and build that on package build time16:16
cjwatsonah.  consequence of deferring that is that we get to keep doing SRUs for things?16:17
mvothe consequenz is that external repos (like PPAs) do not benefit from the icons16:18
mvounless we add hacks to the package file16:18
mvomaemo for example encodes the icon in the packages file16:18
cjwatsonah, the format isn't sufficiently nailed down yet that we can implement the client in advance of the server, then?16:19
mvothe other ugliness is that we have to maintian the app-install-data package wich is a bit of a pain, but for the main archive its fine16:19
mvowell, that is a possiblity16:19
mvoits just risky16:19
cjwatsonicon in packages file> likely to bloat rather a lot, at least for the main archive :(16:19
mvofor the main archive ap-install-data is good enough for now16:19
mvoits really for 3rd party and PPA16:19
cjwatsonok, well let me know if I can do anything to push the server side along16:19
mvoand it would be nice to have a solution for this, going with a client-only implementation may well be the way forward16:20
cjwatson[TOPIC] Milestoned bugs16:21
MootBotNew Topic:  Milestoned bugs16:21
cjwatson[LINK] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+bugs?field.milestone%3Alist=2144516:21
MootBotLINK received:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+bugs?field.milestone%3Alist=2144516:21
mvoI got a bunch there16:21
cjwatsonyeah, there's one casper bug which I think is related to plymouth, and the rest of the foundations ones seem to be in package management16:23
cjwatsonI might hoover up a thumb2 bug or two if I can16:23
persiaWe've having a hacking session on that in about 22 hours in #ubuntu-arm16:24
cjwatsonmvo: any particular ones you'd like to pass on?16:25
cjwatsonor are you ok?16:25
mvobug #506709 is one that i need help from someone with plymouth experience16:26
ubottuLaunchpad bug 506709 in unattended-upgrades "Should inform user if running during shutdown/reboot process" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/50670916:26
mvofor the software-center ones I will talk to tremolux if he can take some :)16:27
tremoluxwill do my best  :)16:27
mvothen it should be ok16:27
barrytremolux, mvo perhaps we can discuss ratings and reviews after this meeting?16:28
tremoluxbarry: fine for me16:28
cjwatsonI'm going to skip targeted bugs for this week, and do a pass over them to see what needs to be milestoned16:28
barry(and s/c in general, if help is needed)16:28
mvobarry: yes16:28
cjwatsonthough don't let me stop you doing the same16:29
cjwatsonsponsorship queue: weekly nag/guilt-trip :)16:29
cjwatson[TOPIC] Good news16:29
MootBotNew Topic:  Good news16:29
Keybukcjwatson: I feel no guilt ;)16:29
cjwatsonKeybuk: such a rebel16:29
cjwatson... gosh, you're all depressives this week16:30
Keybukit's hard to feel good when two weeks ago it was the middle of summer, and I was wearing shorts and t-shirt16:31
cjwatsongood news: MY OWN BED16:31
mvostepmaker is good news16:31
Keybukand now it's frakkin' snowing16:31
mvogui upgrade testing automatic, unattended16:31
barrycjwatson: how about: 2nd huge snowstorm in less than a week?  blizzard conditions right outside my window16:31
slangasekgood news: it's above freezing here (barely)16:31
cjwatsonmvo: runnable in the datacentre now too, maybe? :)16:31
loollinux/versatile boots and is useful again!  (not uploaded yet)16:31
mvocjwatson: almost!16:32
cjwatson[TOPIC] AOB16:32
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB16:32
loolI wonder whether some people here would have time for MIRs?16:32
cjwatsonwas missing all but about three or four activity reports last I checked, gentle reminder16:32
mvofor last week?16:32
mvomy is "at the sprint"16:32
cjwatsonoh, a few people had a bit of detail on what they did there. :)16:32
cjwatson"what I did on my holidays"16:33
mvowehhh, ok. I will try to gather it, but without my gtimelog logs I'm usually lost :)16:33
barrymvo: me too! :)16:33
Keybukcjwatson: didn't really keep track of what I did there16:33
cjwatsonI had to go back and remind myself16:34
cjwatsonwell, we'll do what we can16:34
cjwatsonlool: you asking existing ubuntu-mir folks, or for new volunteers?16:35
cjwatsonwe had a few new folks a few months ago, IIRC ...16:35
cjwatsonis the volume rising rapidly?16:35
loolcjwatson: Both16:35
loolit's a been a couple of weeks that MIRs have backlogged16:36
looland FF is usually a busy time for MIRs16:36
cjwatsonthe general sense I got at the sprint was that there was very little spare time available on this team, but perhaps those who have already volunteered for it can spend a bit of time on it this week?16:37
cjwatsonseems like that's everything for this meeting, so thanks all16:39
MootBotMeeting finished at 10:39.16:39
cjwatsonI'll do the release meeting this week16:39
cjwatsonwho wants to chair next week?16:39
KeybukI can chair16:39
Keybukit feels like it might be my turn again16:40
cjwatsonok :)16:40
* ara waves16:59
pedro_hello folks16:59
* fader_ waves.17:00
fader_marjo is out today and asked me to chair17:00
fader_So, let's see if this works17:00
MootBotMeeting started at 11:00. The chair is fader_.17:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]17:00
fader_* SRU testing -- sbeattie17:00
fader_* Bugday highlights -- pedro17:00
fader_Short agenda today17:01
fader_sbeattie: How's SRU testing look?17:01
sbeattieSRU Activity report for the past two weeks (since 2010-01-27):17:02
sbeattie* karmic: 9 new packages in -proposed (cups, devicekit-power, foomatic-filters, gnome-games, gnome-power-manager, gscan2pdf, linux, metacity, psyco), and 6 packages pushed to -updates (devicekit-power, gnome-power-manager, gtk+2.0, kopete-facebook, ubuntuone-client, ubuntuone-storage-protocol)17:02
sbeattie* jaunty: 2 new package in -proposed (psyco, squirrelmail)17:02
sbeattie* intrepid: 1 new package in -proposed (squirrelmail)17:02
sbeattie* hardy: no new packages in -proposed and 7 packages pushed to -updates (base-files, debian-installer, ganeti, klibc, language-packs, moodle, sun-java5)17:02
sbeattie* dapper: no SRU activity17:02
sbeattieThanks to Miklos Juhasz, Moneta Funzionata, Novecento, glass.dimly, Colin Whittaker, Christian Loos, Joshua Hoover, erlguta, Tonnerre, papukaija, Roman Yepishev, Szebenyi Bálint, Stew Ellis, Ian Hutchinson, Tybion, and Paul Elliott.17:02
sbeattie... for testing out packages in -proposed.17:02
sbeattieAlso, thanks to everyone who helped test SRUs and isos for the 8.04.4 release.17:02
sbeattieThat's all I've got for this week.17:03
fader_Any word on how 8.04.4 went?  I didn't hear any major disaster stories so I assume everything went well :)17:03
sbeattieAFAIK it went well, there was a couple of minor issues that crept in that I've forgotten the details of.17:03
fader_Cool... I always assume no news is good news.17:04
fader_Any questions/comments/concerns  from anyone about SRU testing?17:04
sbeattiedavmor2 might remember if he were here.17:04
fader_Heh, he's too important to hang out with us today apparently :)17:05
fader_[TOPIC] Bugday highlights17:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Bugday highlights17:06
fader_pedro_: ^^17:06
pedro_well there's no highlights from past bug day since we didn't have one17:06
pedro_but... tomorrow we're having a great bug day based on pitivi17:06
pedro_yes, the video and audio editor17:06
fader_Neat... seems like a good one as it's going to be in lucid by default17:07
pedro_the plan is to help the desktop team to clean up the product and to provide more reports to the upstream developers in order to have a better package for lucid17:07
pedro_so if you have some spare minutes, please consider on join us that day ;-)17:08
pedro_also special thanks to Fagan for helping out with the organization17:08
fader_Thanks pedro_.  Any questions for pedro_?17:09
pedro_seems he's not around either, probably he's hanging around with davmor2 :-P17:09
fader_[TOPIC] Any other business?17:10
MootBotNew Topic:  Any other business?17:10
arayes,  I had one topic in the wiki17:10
araone small one :)17:10
fader_ara: You snuck it in after I checked this morning :)17:11
arayes,  late one :D17:11
fader_[TOPIC] nVIDIA & ATI proprietary drivers testing17:11
MootBotNew Topic:  nVIDIA & ATI proprietary drivers testing17:11
fader_ara: please go ahead! :)17:11
araI just wanted to remind people that we are testing ATI & nVIDIA proprietary drivers on a weekly basis17:11
araif you have one of these graphics cards and want to participate, you can read the instructions at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Testing/ProprietaryDrivers/WeeklyProgram17:11
arawe are starting next week!17:12
fader_[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Testing/ProprietaryDrivers/WeeklyProgram17:12
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Testing/ProprietaryDrivers/WeeklyProgram17:12
* fader_ is all signed up and ready to test.17:12
fader_Thank you ara17:13
araOK, and that's all from me17:13
fader_Anything else?17:13
fader_Going once...17:13
fader_Going twice...17:14
fader_Okay, looks like that's it.17:14
fader_Thanks everyone!17:14
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:14.17:14
YokoZarQA meeting 40 minutes ago?17:39
YokoZar(no logs on wiki)17:39
persiaYokoZar: It started and finished (took about 15 minutes)17:41
persiairclogs.ubuntu.com ought have it in about 20 minutes if the wiki isn't updated.17:42
YokoZarGuess I didn't miss anything interesting while I was trying to connect with bad proxy settings17:42
=== fader_ is now known as fader|lunch
highvoltage*** Edubuntu meeting about to commense19:00
persiaQuick, you only have a few seconds less to start it ...19:01
persiaAw, too late.19:01
* stgraber waves19:01
alkisgHi all19:01
* mgariepy waves19:01
highvoltagehi everyone!19:01
highvoltageI just deleted some of the old agenda items but we'll probably do a bit more: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Edubuntu/Meetings/Agenda19:02
highvoltageLucid Release Schedule: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidReleaseSchedule19:02
stgraberFF is next thursday19:02
stgraberhighvoltage: we should probably add LTSP live ?19:03
highvoltagedaily builds are working again (thanks to stgraber who fixed *several* broken langauge packs in ubuntu)19:03
highvoltagestgraber: *nod*19:03
stgraberwell, actually they are broken again ;)19:03
stgraberdue to some KDE issues19:03
highvoltageohno :(19:04
highvoltagedaily builds are available from http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/dvd/ if anyone is interested19:04
stgraberI'm hoping that they'll get auto-resolved tonight or I'll have to nag some KDE people ;)19:04
stgrabergood thing Tonio_ works for Revolution Linux too and is some 2m away from me :)19:04
highvoltageI installed yesterdays daily build today, it's down to 1.5GB. We have some new packages that we're installing from universe19:04
highvoltagestgraber: heh! nice to have some kde people we can nag on board :)19:05
highvoltageon the Lucid netbook item,19:06
highvoltageI'll install it today (as in after the meeting) and check that it installs and works properly19:06
highvoltagehowdy sbalneav19:06
stgraberhighvoltage: just wondering, testing the new image, did you see anything in the boot menu that shouldn't be there ? (boot menu == gfxboot)19:07
highvoltagemgariepy: edubuntu menu editor is about to go into main right?19:08
highvoltagestgraber: I specifically checked it, it's perfect19:08
highvoltagestgraber: I also checked whether the F4 Install LTSP option is still there, and it isn't19:08
mgariepyhighvoltage, edubuntu-menueditor will stay in universe.19:09
mgariepyand will be included on the dvd.19:10
stgraberEdubuntu can depend directly on universe packages now and support timeframe is the same in main and universe for it19:10
highvoltagemgariepy: great!19:10
highvoltagestgraber: ah I thought I saw you dent about a MIR about it before, I was probably mistaken19:10
highvoltagealpha 3 is scheduled for February 2519:11
highvoltagesbalneav: would you be up for hosting another bug day on february 23?19:11
stgraberhighvoltage: I'll book the both of us in Zimbra too19:12
highvoltagegreat! It's actually just around the corner so we should probably start to announce19:12
sbalneavI will gladly spend a day smacking bugs.19:12
highvoltagethanks stgraber :)19:12
sbalneavWant me to post to -devel & -discuss?19:12
highvoltagesbalneav: yes it will be appreciated19:13
sbalneavK, last time we sort of focused on LTSP bugs.  I haven't tested for about a week, but as of last week, LTSP seemed to be a-ok-#119:14
sbalneavShould we focus on APP bugs this time?19:14
highvoltageI think so19:14
highvoltagealso new things like live ltsp19:14
sbalneavstgraber: your feeling on the state of LTSP?19:14
highvoltage(which isn't implemented yet but soon will be)19:14
highvoltageI think it's important to look at some of the new apps we install by default now19:15
stgraberI hope to have 5.2 released early next week and uploaded to Ubuntu19:15
stgraberwe currently have a 15s boot time19:15
stgraberincluding 2s of DHCP and 1s due to bootchart19:15
stgraberso a CPU usage of 12s which is really good ;)19:15
stgraberwe also started using fat client at Revolution Linux for testing19:16
stgraberand mgariepy seems to survive using it so it should be quite good19:16
highvoltagestgraber: did you give one to BSA to try? he was quite eager :)19:16
sbalneav5.2 will have the nbd proxy in it, right?19:16
stgrabersbalneav: yep19:16
stgrabersbalneav: we just need to do a quick test with VBox to see exactly what's going on19:17
stgrabermy tests showed that we can kill all nbd-server processes every second and still boot and use a thin client just fine19:17
mgariepyfat client work quite fine on a atom 270 with 2G of ram, it's quite impressive i think. beside the login time though ;)19:17
alkisgstgraber, a friend of mine also had this problem on a live pc - so that vbox testing would be nice...19:17
stgraberwith the network speed going from 100Mb/s when nbd-server is up all the time to 20Mb/s when it's killed every second :)19:17
highvoltageI'm busy setting up ltsp in vbox on the latest build19:17
alkisgYeah the login time for fat clients takes too long... is that an sshfs problem?19:18
stgraberhighvoltage: make sure to use my PPA, I know current Lucid is a bit broken19:18
highvoltageI kind of lack focus today but sometimes it's good to jump around a bit... after the meeting I'll spend some dedicated energy and test it19:18
highvoltagestgraber: ok, will do19:18
mgariepyalkisg, haven't took time to take a look yet.19:18
stgraberalkisg: not sure, the tests we made show that it's not really downloading much at session open but we'll need more profiling to know exactly what's happening there19:18
stgraberhighvoltage: cool19:19
highvoltageI'm just trying to think of any Edubuntu Council issues we may have to discuss. We haven't had en EC meeting in quite a time19:20
highvoltagebut we haven't really had a need for one yet19:20
stgraberI'd propose making mgariepy a member ;)19:20
highvoltageafaict there hasn't been any member applications19:20
highvoltageyes he should apply :)19:21
highvoltageI've updated our team reports to include the reports for December and January: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Edubuntu/TeamReports19:21
highvoltageperhraps we should take turns to do it, every month someone else :)19:22
highvoltageon second thought making a turn system sounds like too much work ;)19:22
sbalneavI'd second mgariepy being an edubuntu-member19:23
stgraberI just pasted him the link to an example wiki page, so he can prepare one for next meeting19:24
highvoltagesounds good.19:24
stgraberIIRC we need to follow the same standards as regular Ubuntu membership including the wiki page19:24
highvoltageso we'll make the next meeting an EC meeting as well?19:24
highvoltageyes I would insist on that19:24
stgraberanyway, it's pretty much only EC members here :)19:24
Lnsat least we have a dedicated council! =)19:25
* highvoltage pokes nixternal with a sharp stick19:25
highvoltageI'd like a website update from Hedgemadge and dhillion-v10 as well, they don't seem to have been online much the last week19:26
highvoltageI think dhillion-v10 mentioned that he'll be away for a few days due to exams19:26
highvoltagewe'll probably have a decent website update next week, I'll ask them to send it to the edubuntu-devel list19:27
stgrabersounds good19:27
stgraberdo we have any update on artwork ?19:28
highvoltageit would be nice to have the website up and running by the end of the month. I don't think there are any blockers at this stage19:28
stgraberhighvoltage: +119:28
sbalneavI approached Digital Blasphemy.  After receiving an initial email, I haven't heard anything since.19:28
highvoltageI'm going to update the artwork packages to include Mads's wallpaper. he sent me a Gimp source file that can be used to generate other artwork we might need19:28
Lnsgenerating artwork?19:29
highvoltageIt's very usable, although if we get anything better we can use it19:29
stgraberok, sounds good. Poke me when you have something I can upload.19:29
sbalneavDid anyone look at my update to gartoon? Gartoon-redux?19:29
highvoltageLns: well, as in, we can remove elements that we don't need19:29
sbalneavit's in my ppa19:29
Lnshighvoltage: ah19:29
stgrabersbalneav: I've put that on highvoltage's todo list ;)19:29
highvoltagesbalneav: it's on my todo list to... yes what stgraber said19:29
highvoltagesbalneav: can you send me the links to it? My job is to take screenshots to send to the list19:30
sbalneavIt does seem to fix a couple of the gartoon bugs we had.19:30
sbalneavDo you want a screenshot of my box?19:30
highvoltagesbalneav: that would be nice19:30
sbalneavor the gartoon-redux site?19:30
highvoltagesbalneav: that would be ideal19:31
highvoltagethe folder icon in gartoon has been the #1 complaint about it19:31
sbalneavhighvoltage: ok, I'll make one tonight.  I'll make sure to take the current goat-porn background I've got off :)19:31
highvoltageperhaps it's something we could fix as well at some point. at least that's something doable beyond FF19:31
highvoltagesbalneav: thanks!19:32
stgrabersbalneav: ideally, I'd have one screenshot of each icon theme showing a nautilus window + the gnome menu.19:32
sbalneavGot a link to one of Mad's new backgrounds?  That way I could show off "the complete package"19:32
stgraberso we can easily compare19:32
highvoltage(re the goat pr0n)19:32
highvoltagehi joerg19:32
sbalneavhello joerg19:32
joerghello edubuntu people :)19:32
highvoltagesbalneav: I haven't uploaded it yet, only sent to the list. I'll upload it to the wiki and send you a link19:33
sbalneavWe prefer the term "Edubuntuoids" :)19:33
=== fader|lunch is now known as fader_
highvoltageoh we're recognised!19:33
highvoltageoh right artwork19:34
sbalneavAs in: "How many edubuntuoids does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Just one, but you have to keep checking the lightbulb's PPA for updates"19:34
highvoltage(my little brain is fried)19:34
sbalneav<high hat>19:34
highvoltageI also want to give a bash at modifying a nice gtk/metacity theme from an existing nice one for edubuntu19:35
highvoltageit's nice to have some diffirentiation from a standard ubuntu install19:35
LnsAs long as we're on artwork, I'd like to propose possibly creating gtk+/gnome themes based on grade level19:35
sbalneavNobody?  Not even a chuckle?  Geez, I'm slipping19:36
Lnswith iconsets, etc. that reflect the age group19:36
highvoltagesbalneav: heh :)19:36
LnsI've never "done" themes before but i could look into it19:36
highvoltageLns: we could do it by the tasks there are currently. I think there are 3 differentl levels atm19:36
highvoltageLns: realistically finding more than 3 icons sets would also be pretty much impossible :)19:37
Lnswell we could also have a standard ubuntu iconset so if people don't want a mocked-up educational look/feel, and stick with ubuntu's look, they can19:37
highvoltageLns: perhaps we can put some more effort into that for lucid+1. for now gartoon, human and breathe should provide a reasonable selection19:37
stgraberhighvoltage: yep, but I'm not sure you want gartoon for tertiary for example19:37
highvoltageLns: indeed19:38
Lnsstgraber: yeah19:38
highvoltagestgraber: so primary could have gartoon and secondary and tertiary could have breather19:38
stgraberhighvoltage: yep19:38
stgraberand they would still be able to switch if they want one or the other anyway19:38
stgraberthat's just suggested default19:38
Lnsthat would be the coolness19:39
highvoltageyep. I don't think I have anything else19:39
sbalneavMy desk is clear19:40
highvoltageany other business?19:40
sbalneavWhen the heck do I get a free Porche?  I was promised one for joining this outfit?19:41
* highvoltage tasks sbalneav to come up with something amusing to say at the end of every meeting from now on19:41
highvoltage(obviously- not that I needed to)19:41
stgraberalso on highvoltage's todo (though we can probably give that to someone else if someone wants to) is having edubuntu-dev approved for uploads19:41
stgrabersbalneav: Was that ogra who promised you that ? ;)19:42
highvoltagestgraber: ah I should've added that to the agenda, I have some questions about that but I'll ask after I get to the other stuff19:42
highvoltageput if someone else beats me that would be awesomeness19:42
sbalneavstgraber: thought it was you :)19:42
sbalneavogra would have promised me his motorbike ;)19:42
highvoltageporches come to those who wait19:43
stgrabersbalneav: btw, still planning an Edubuntu hackfest ?19:43
sbalneavYeah!  Need to get my *ss in gear on that.19:43
highvoltagesbalneav: just wait until the ice starts to melt please :)19:43
sbalneavI'm taking spring break week off to finish the rumpus room out at the cottage.19:43
highvoltagerumpus room?19:44
sbalneavrec room?19:44
stgrabersbalneav: no hurry, highvoltage isn't there yet (though it's getting closer and closer ;))19:44
highvoltageI think I just learned another canadian word19:44
sbalneavWhat do they call the room in the basement where you can watch tv and make noise in SA19:44
highvoltagesbalneav: we generally don't have basements!19:45
highvoltagesbalneav: I think I've only ever seen 1 house with a basement19:45
highvoltagesbalneav: I guess it might be since we don't have tornadoes to hide from :)19:45
sbalneavNeither do we :)  We just have floods, and you don't want to be in the basement when that happens :)19:45
sbalneavYeah, rumpus room, double-double, bear-claws, social, oh, you have many canadianisms to learn.19:46
highvoltageI watch a show called How I Met Your Mother where there's a Canadian woman and they make lots of fun aboot her19:47
highvoltageI already learned some Canadianisms there19:47
sbalneavyeah, americans love making fun of Canadians.19:47
highvoltageheh, seems like we're about done with the meeting? I'll give it another two minutes and hit the meeting done bong unless something else comes up19:48
stgraberI also remember some NCIS episode where they say: "It can fly as fast as 400km/h" and the other answers "Sorry, I don't speak Canadian!". These americans ...19:48
highvoltagesbalneav: yep, and everybody loves to make fun of the americans :)19:48
stgraberyeah, I guess we are good for that meeting ;)19:49
highvoltagestgraber: I'm sure I saw a clip of that somewhere!19:49
highvoltageyep we managed to cover everything and talked some smack and we still have 10 minutes to spare19:49
highvoltagethanks everyone!19:49
* ogra wraps his spare porsche in cellophane and tags a UPS sticker on it .... 19:49
highvoltageMeeting Ended. *bong*19:49
ograwhere do i have to ship it ?19:49
highvoltagesbalneav: wow that was easy! hopefully ogra won't charge you shipping costs19:50
ogranah, i'll send the bill to revolutionlinux :)19:50
stgraberouch ;)19:51
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== fader` is now known as fader_
=== fader_ is now known as fader|away

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!