* abogani waves08:08
ScottL_reminder that today is the currently scheduled ubuntu studio developers meeting12:57
persiaWhat time again?12:59
aboganistochastic: Are you around?12:59
jussi01ScottL_: send an email to the list. often people arent on irc bbut still read their emails13:06
ScottL_meeting time:   http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=2&day=10&year=2010&hour=19&min=0&sec=0&p1=0  13:12
ScottL_or 19:00 UTC13:13
ScottL_sorry if this was answered, I had to restart my windows machine here at work because of updates13:13
persiaNo worries.  I might still be up :)13:13
jussi01ScottL_: send an email to the list. often people arent on irc bbut still read their emails13:14
ScottL_jussi01: i've already sent an email to both the dev mail list and the users13:14
jussi01ScottL_: a reminder email?13:14
ScottL_jussi01: yes13:14
jussi01ok, great :)13:14
ScottL_although the users mail is awaiting approval...(i've still got my old, home email addy listed on the users mail list :/  )13:15
jussi01not anymore :D13:16
ScottL_jussi01: did you add my gmail account to the ubuntu studio users mailling list?13:38
ScottL_should I resend the email?13:38
jussi01ScottL_: no, i just approved the one email to the list13:44
ScottL_groovy, thanks13:44
ScottL_interesting flickr picture for ubuntu studio :   http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattgaunt/4242382682/in/pool-ubuntu-artwork18:17
aboganivery nice18:32
olinuxxhi (I'm not a devel, just came in for watch)18:37
olinuxxhmm ... is it already finish ? Or not begin ?18:42
persiaThere's been nothing that finished recently, so likely not yet begun.18:42
stochasticabogani, I am now18:43
stochasticolinuxx, are you talking about the meeting?18:44
olinuxxstochastic, yes18:44
christopherdstamhere's the time: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=2&day=10&year=2010&hour=19&min=0&sec=0&p1=018:44
stochasticolinuxx, yeah, it starts in 15min18:45
olinuxxstochastic, ok, thanks18:45
stochasticOkay who all is here for the meeting?19:02
ScottL_but I'm at work so I'll be popping in and out as required19:03
stochasticabogani, persia, TheMuso, jussi01 ???19:03
christopherdstamim here for the meeting19:04
* persia is about19:04
stochasticwell the first order of business is adjustments to the meeting agenda https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Meetings/2010Feb10  Take a look, what's missing or out of order?19:05
aboganiIt is ok for me19:06
persiaMissing is status check against Debian for syncs/merges.19:06
persia(probably should be before or after REVU item)19:06
stochasticI agree, seems very similar to REVU talk.  Let's say before.19:06
stochasticIf we need to amend as we go along, don't hesitate to shout.19:08
stochasticJack into Main is the first real topic.19:08
stochasticWhere do we stand?  Are we just waiting for the MIR bug to get some attention?19:08
ScottL_MIR was filed:   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/jack-audio-connection-kit/+bug/51048119:09
ubottuUbuntu bug 510481 in jack-audio-connection-kit "[MIR] Jack-audio-connection-kit" [High,New]19:09
persiaIn the foundations meeting today there were reports that there was an MIR backlog.19:09
ScottL_since this will effect several other packages (i.e. building against JACK) can this possibly be rushed?19:10
stochasticpersia, any idea how big that might be?19:10
* persia digs a bit19:10
stochasticooh, looks like there's 44 bugs related to the approval team19:11
stochasticbut a bunch have Fix Committed statuses19:11
persiaI count 28 that need review.19:11
stochasticI guess the main question that we have to tackle is what can we do to further the situation19:12
stochasticShould we prepare patches for the pulse audio, alsa, xine, etc... packages that depend on libjack-dev?19:13
persiaDo we have a delegate who attends the Release Meetings?19:13
persiastochastic: That's probably worthwhile, and attach the patches to the bugs listed in the MIR (but don't actually submit for sponsorship yet and clearly indicate they wait on the MIR)19:13
stochasticOkay, I can probably tackle that.19:14
ScottL_i can help also, we can do like we did on the lv2 apps19:14
persiaWell, it's only 4 bugs :)19:14
stochasticAs far as I'm aware nobody attends Release Meetings, maybe TheMuso?19:15
persiaIt's unlikely, given that they are held at 15:00 or 16:00 UTC.19:15
stochasticScottL_, I'd prefer you spend your energy on REVU items19:15
ScottL_stochastic: not a problem19:15
persiaGetting an active release delegate would be good.  Someone who idles in #ubuntu-release and attends the release meetings on Fridays.19:16
persiaRaising that we needed the MIR reviewed as a blocker for FF may help.19:16
persiaBut whoever volunteered would have to have some time to spend making sure we're in good shape, etc.19:16
persiaFor now, I'll volunteer to poke a couple MIR folk and see if we can get a review.19:17
ScottL_FF = firefox ?19:17
persiaThe point after which we can't add new software, new upstream versions, etc.19:17
ScottL_lol, that makes more sense :P19:17
stochasticI'm considering volunteering persia, but I'm worried about the extra time commitment as I'm stretched pretty thin recently.19:18
stochasticpersia, is there anything about Jack into main that will be blocked by FF?19:18
persiaYes.  If it doesn't happen *before* FF, and the enablement patches aren't applied *before* FF, we'd need to get a freeze exception from the Release Managers.19:19
persiaSo we have about 8 days to complete this entirely, including all the uploads.19:19
stochasticAlright, well I think that's all we can say about Jack into main for now.  Agreed?19:20
persiaI don't think a Release Delegate can integrate with the Release Team quickly enough to make a difference at this point (which is why I'm volunteering to hunt up an MIRer), but we ought have one anyway.19:20
persiastochastic: After the meeting, if you have time, let's chat about Release Team stuff.19:21
* stochastic joins #ubuntu-release19:21
stochasticNext agenda item: Kernel19:21
stochasticabogani, I've only heard good reviews regarding your low-latency kernel19:22
aboganistochastic: Yes.19:23
stochastichas there been any talk from the kernel team regarding it?19:23
aboganiUnfortunately UKT don't have any interest in add these configuration settings (-lowlatency).19:23
aboganiSo they release a -preempt.19:23
aboganikernel but I don't if it is enough for us.19:24
persiaI've been watching that thread, and I had the impression that there was still discussion open.19:24
aboganipersia: No it is close for me. That discussion will end up into a flames.19:25
persiaabogani: I'm happy to continue it, if you can help me understand what I'm talking about :)19:25
aboganiSeems to me that UKT have a commitment for their -preempt kernel n they want obey to it.19:26
aboganiIn any case their preempt could be enough for use.19:26
persiaI think https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kernel-team/2010-February/008713.html is the last message in the thread.19:26
persiaAnd I chatted with rtg about this last week.19:26
stochasticthe -preempt kernel, I assume is better than vanilla for our purposes?\19:26
persiaI think we can get 32-bit support if we can make a strong case for 32-bit studio use.19:27
aboganistochastic: Yes.19:27
persiaI'm not sure we need ftrace.  SLUB/SLAB requires strong argument19:27
persiaI don't understand CONFIG_TREE_PREEMPT_RCU=y19:28
aboganiTim said clearly that only developers use FTRACE. But they enable it into production kernels!19:28
persiaAnd TICKLESS mostly just needs a testcase to demonstrate the issue.19:28
persiaabogani: It's used for ureadahead tracking, which is the awkward bit.19:28
persiaIt's the bit that loads all the stuff needed to boot quickly into RAM to speed boot time.19:31
aboganiIn any case we can select their -preempt flavour as default kernel for Studio (if they release the i386)19:31
stochasticokay, so as a tentative game plan, can we keep up the push for a -lowlatency kernel, but plan to include -preempt as an -rt replacement should that fall through, and in the release notes mention the -lowlatency PPA for those who need the better performance19:31
aboganii would want release in PPA aslo -rt19:31
persiaabogani: Thanks for the pointer to the results.  I'll reply to rtg after the meeting about TICKLESS.19:32
stochasticI was under the impression there were no RT patches for 2.6.32?19:32
aboganipersia: He already see that results.19:32
persiaI think the PPA should have both -rt and -lowlatency for now.  If we can get -preempt close enough, we might be able to drop -lowlatency19:32
aboganistochastic: Right not by upstream at least.19:32
aboganipersia: make sense19:32
ScottL_abogani: after the meeting can you point me in the direction of some information to understand the difference between -rt, -lowlatency and -preempt kernels?  for laymen?19:33
persiaScottL_: quick summary: -rt is hard realtime, -lowlatency and -preempt are essentially similar flavours arguing about details in soft-realtime.19:33
aboganiI placed lowlatency into my PPA. Is it right? Do you prefer the UStudio's PPA?19:33
persiastochastic: Your call, since you're wearing the release hat :)19:34
aboganitickless is about physical interrupts of timer. 19:34
stochasticWhy is there no -preempt 32 bit?  What needs to be done to see that happen?19:35
aboganistochastic: Sincerely I don't understand.19:35
ScottL_stochastic:  we have time to think about it and talk to themuso don't we before committing -lowlatency to any particular ppa?19:35
persiaAlso, PPAs aren't limited by FeatureFreeze, so we have time to think about it.19:35
stochasticabogani, ScottL_, If we're going to use a PPA I'd like to see it be the Ubuntu Studio PPA simply because it will be seen as "official" by beginners19:36
stochasticeven if it's the same code and same uploader19:36
aboganiOk I move package from https://launchpad.net/~abogani/+archive/ppa to that PPA.19:36
aboganiDo you want the same also for -rt?19:37
ScottL_abogani: i would like to note that your efforts are greatly appreciated19:37
stochasticwhat is the -rt patched version coming from? 2.6.31's patches?19:37
aboganistochastic: Sorry?19:38
stochastichow did you make the -rt kernel?19:38
stochasticif there's no upstream patches available for 2.6.32?19:38
aboganistochastic: Yes no patches for .32 at all19:39
ScottL_i think stochastic is asking if you used the patch from .31 and applied it to .3219:39
aboganiWe'll release 31 for Lucid19:39
aboganiScottL: No way.19:39
* stochastic really doesn't like that idea19:39
persiaabogani: There's a couple things that needed to be backported to make the .31 armel kernels work with lucid.  Have you been following that dicussion?19:40
aboganiI have already done this job in Intrepid and Jaunty with bad results.19:40
aboganistochastic: And for reason I suggest to use PPA for rt too,.19:40
aboganipersia: Sorry no. Can you give me some URL?19:41
persiaabogani: I only know a URL for a discussion page.  I'll track something down and get it to you.19:41
aboganipersia: In any case I suspsect that it is specific issue with armel arch.19:41
persiaabogani: Actually, no, it's stuff to work with the newest udev and usplash.19:42
stochasticabogani, I'd just stick to the -lowlatency version in the PPA simply because the -rt will likely be less stable than -lowlatency and people will likely try -rt over some new -lowlatency version, also reports are that -lowlatency is completely capable of the latency times needed19:42
aboganipersia: udev Uhhh19:42
persiastochastic: We always end up with users complaining if we don't have -rt.19:42
aboganistochastic: So -lowlatency and -rt in the same PPA (that is Ubuntu Studio), right?19:43
persiaAnyway, I think we've covered the kernel as much as we can in the meeting.  It needs work.19:43
persiaI'm going to join the discussion with the kernel team, and get the .31 backporting hints to abogani.19:43
stochasticabogani, let's stick to the -lowlatency one in the Ubuntu Studio PPA19:43
persiaabogani is going to push stuff to tht Ubuntu Studio PPA.19:43
stochasticand put the -rt one in a different PPA19:43
stochasticfor now19:43
aboganistochastic: Ok.19:44
persiaWe can always adjust that based on user reports/requests.19:44
stochasticPPAs are not bound by FF19:44
stochasticbut merging items from Debian is19:44
ScottL_we might send out a preemptive email also to the users mail list about kernels and such,  just so they know what to expect19:44
aboganiScottL: Could you give me the URL of Ubuntu Studio PPA, please?19:44
stochasticCan we move onto status check against Debian for syncs/merges now?19:45
ScottL_abogani: ^^^19:45
persiahttp://qa.ubuntuwire.com/multidistrotools/ubuntustudio.html is the current state.19:46
persiaFor FeatureFreeze, we need to make sure we merge anything that has a new upstream in Debian (or take a decision that we're not going to do that).19:46
* abogani started to transfer lowlatency into UStudio PPA...19:47
persiaLooks like that means work for csound, gimp-plugin-registry, qjackctl19:47
persiaWho wants those?19:48
* stochastic can't believe hydrogen got updated to 0.9.3-7 rather than 0.9.419:48
ScottL_persia: how soon does this need to be done?19:49
persiastochastic: Well, we can update to 0.9.4 if we want.  Just coordinate with Debian Multimedia like always.19:49
stochasticI can probably push gimp-plugin-registry19:49
persiaScottL_: By Tuesday ideally, to give a couple days slack for sponsor review (but bug me about them)19:49
stochasticcsound isn't essential19:50
ScottL_persia: sigh, i want to help but I can't commit to that timeframe19:50
ScottL_persia: stochastic: I could contact debian multimedia though about hydrogen19:50
persiaScottL_: OK.  I can probably do the hydrogen merge, but I'll wait on that outcome to determine which version to merge.19:51
persiaIdeally, I'd merge on Sunday, but I'm not sure if that will be able to happen :)19:51
persiaWorst case, we can request a freeze exception for that.19:51
stochasticScottL_ there has been no git work by debian multimedia for hydrogen yet, so it's probably not going to get done by Tuesday19:51
stochasticI guess because nobody else volunteered I'll take on the qjackctl merge too.19:53
persiaThat's it for merges/syncs: looks like we're in fairly good shape.19:53
stochasticpersia, all that needs to be done is a merege request bug opened and subscribe the uploaders?19:53
stochasticany essential details needed in those bugs?19:54
persiaYeah, and ping me to remind me to be the uploader :)19:54
persiadebdiff against Debian, new changelog from Debian.  That's about it.19:54
stochasticokay, onto items awaiting REVU19:55
ScottL_side note about hydrogen:  he's got a /linux/debian directory under the source code directory and it doesn't play well will pbuilder, or buildd - I emailed Allessio (i think that's his name) but he hasn't responded19:55
ScottL_REVU - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/TaskLV2Inclusion19:55
ScottL_we have four packages in REVU and the only activity has been on zynjacku which I need to work on19:56
persiaI can definitely hit all those again soon.  Maybe not until Sunday (depends on my schedule), but no later than that.19:56
ScottL_stochastic: do you know if faltx will be responsive if I bug #ubuntu-motu about checking other packages19:56
persiaI'd also really like to see ingen: and will take a swing at it if I have more time.19:57
stochasticScottL_ if you get a MOTU to review one of Falktx's packages I'll happily make the changes and re-upload19:57
stochasticpoke me19:57
ScottL_i will definitively get the first comments for zyjacku resolved this weekend19:57
ScottL_stochastic: i will19:57
stochasticpersia, I was working on ingen so I can try to push it for FF19:58
persiastochastic: OK.19:58
stochasticI've been swamped lately, but things will clear up by this Friday, so the weekend can be Ubuntu madness for me19:58
stochasticthough that's just when the olympic party starts outside my doorstep, so I may do the odd drunken coding night next week ;P19:59
stochasticlast item on the agenda is the website plan20:00
persiaI have one more question regarding TaskLV2Inclusion : did we get everything from Squeeze we wanted?20:00
stochasticthis is on my shoulders, but it's has no hard deadline20:00
persiaDo any of those need syncs?20:01
stochasticpersia, yeah, I think everything got synced20:01
persiaOK.  Someone ought just double-confirm before FF.20:01
stochasticsure, I'll take that on20:01
ScottL_lv2 related: I'd really like to get lv2vocoder done also this weekend and submitted to REVU20:01
ScottL_i had really hoped to get more done but my ignorance hampered me...but I'm getting better, therefore quicker next time20:02
persiastochastic: Do you need any input on the website, or is anything blocking you?20:03
persiaScottL_: lv2vocoder would be nifty, but only if there is extra time :)20:03
stochasticFor the website, I'd like to get a meeting organized specifically to discuss it.  As there seems to be conflicting ideas of what direction it should take (i.e. use our own hosting, create forums, etc...) and I don't want to arbitrarily push my opinions20:03
stochasticScottL_, I'd push what's in REVU first.20:04
persiaI'm generally in favour of leveraging as much shared stuff as we can without breaking things.20:04
ScottL_yes, REVU first then lv2vocoder20:04
persiaManaging our own forums is probably especially expensive.  Hosting is a bit more complex, because of the limitations of our current hosting.20:05
stochasticI too think that our team is stretched thin enough without worrying about extra web maintenance, but it comes at an administrative cost.20:05
persiaSo I think the hosting decision should depend on the total time requirement to deal with the website.20:06
ScottL_if we can get a dedicated forum (saying Ubuntu Studio rather than Multimedia) at Ubuntu Forums would be great (it's all about branding and identity)20:06
persiaAnd be decided by those that maintain the website.20:06
stochasticthere are also some people that wanted to help with the site (like detrate) that I'd like input from20:06
ScottL_if we can't use the currently available hosting and include our own modules (drupal) then we should host our own20:07
persiaScottL_: It's very likely we can get that sort of branding: just add it to the agenda for the next forums meeting, and talk to them about it.20:07
stochasticjussi was talking about how he'd be able to do that, so ScottL_ you should probably co-ordinate that with him20:08
stochasticI'm also a moderator of the Multimedia Production section so I can attend that meeting to talk about it20:08
ScottL_persia: stochastic: I can do those items20:09
persiaJust to make sure, please correct me if the conclusions below are not correct:20:09
persia1) stochastic to organise a meeting specifically about website hosting, to include those who have expressed willingness to work on the website to take a decision on hosting20:09
persia2) ScottL_ to coordinate with jussi01 and the forums teams to get branding support, and stochastic to provide support in the meeting based on current forum role20:10
persiaDid I miss anything?20:10
stochasticI believe that's correct.20:10
ScottL_sounds like a plan20:10
persiaOK.  Any other business?20:11
stochasticI'd also just like to quickly state that the website redesign release date goal should probably be the same as Lucid's release date, but we'll see how that goes at the meeting.20:11
stochasticI think that's all for the meeting.20:11
persiaI'd like to see the new website when lucid RC releases.20:12
persiaJust because there's always last-minute things that go wrong.20:13
stochasticoh, one item that just popped into my head: Plymouth20:13
persiaWe probably want to do a plymouth theme.20:14
stochastica while back I was looking into it, but it didn't materialize into anything20:14
stochasticI assume that can be pushed after FF with an exemption request?20:14
persiaI think it falls under a separate deadline20:15
* persia checks20:15
stochasticit's also not a dire thing if we can't get a theme together20:15
persiaUIFreeze is 4th March, so we have a bit of time (but not much)20:16
persiaGetting the FF exception for a new package that is *only* UI prior to UIFreeze oughn't be hard.20:16
stochasticI'll look into it again, but I don't think it's a high priority20:17
persiaOn a fast modern machine with Intel graphics, plymouth shows for about 1 second.20:17
persiaMaybe 2 on a bad day.20:17
ScottL_is it worth summarizing Actions Required from the meeting and who is repsonsible and posting to the dev mailing list?20:17
stochasticScottL_ sure.  Do you also want to tackle posting the meeting minutes to the wiki?20:18
persiaYes, along with brief paragraphs on each discussion item as minutes.20:18
stochasticerr logs/minutes20:18
ScottL_I will handle the minutes as well as the required action list20:18
* persia generally prefers minutes. Logs are available through ubuntulog20:18
stochasticnot in this channel20:19
ScottL_stochastic: it got changed20:19
stochasticoh, wait, there is a bot now20:19
stochasticthat's recent20:19
stochasticwell I'm off to see the Opening Ceremony dress rehearsal and hit on some Sweedish girls20:20
ScottL_lol - good luck!20:20
persiastochastic: Have fun !20:21
ScottL_i guess that is the end of the meeting then :)20:21
persiastochastic: Catch me another time, and let's talk about release stuff.20:21
stochasticpersia, okay tomorrow around this time (maybe earlier) may work20:22
persiaMaybe.  It's 5:23am for me :)20:23
persiaMuch earlier works better for me, or a few hours later.20:23
persiaBut I might be around.20:23
ScottL_i just noticed that khashayar had built hydrogen-0.94beta2 in the ubuntu studio ppa, perhaps this weekend (very last thing after REVU and lv2vocoder, if i have time) i'll look at what he did and see if I can get hydrogen-0.94 (release) to build20:24
persiaStill a good idea to coordinate with d-m about it :)  Maybe point at the PPA?20:25
ScottL_Not only can I do that but I shall!20:25
persiaheh :)20:25
ScottL_I was hoping to help (probably be the primary) backport to LTS version but I really would like to help get new or updated apps into current releases also, sort of a goal for myself to give back to ubuntu studio20:26
persiaPersonally I think it's better to make sure the next release is wonderful than try to backport stuff to older releases.20:27
persiaThere are some users who can't upgrade, but most of our users seem to be happy to run newer versions, as long as they work properly.20:28
* abogani personally don't like backport and agree with persia about working for improve the development version.20:31
ScottL_i wasn't planning on backporting everything, just audio apps and even then a limited amount like ardour, jack, etc20:31
ScottL_i tend to use lts version myself but if later releases are pretty stable i might abondon it20:32
persiaScottL_: A big reason Hardy was so strongly recommended for Studio was that the kernels since then mostly sucked.20:33
persiaKarmic is the first that even deserved mention.20:33
persiaThere's some chance for lucid, but the discussion is ongoing.20:33
persiaWhat we really need is for someone to prepare -rt patches that work against the kernel that we ship.20:33
persiaWith that, we can recommend safely.  I'm hoping that the work on "release cadence" with other distributions goes well, because it will help this.20:34
persiaUntil then, abogani slowly goes mad ...20:34
ScottL_yes it will...it haven't testing as I had intended after the earlier problems in alpha (hang up during installing software) but plan to be more involved during the RC20:37
persiaDid you file a bug on that hang?20:37
persiaAnd did you get a useful response?20:37
ScottL_it had already been reported20:37
ScottL_i think many people had the same problem20:38
persiaIndeed.  Most things mostly work.  I typically upgrade somewhere around DIF, as it seems to be calmer around that point.20:38
aboganipersia: I already reach that state. 20:38
persiaabogani: madder ?20:38
aboganidepressed adn unmotivated also.20:39
persiaabogani: But essentially, I don't think you can reach a sane point for kernel support until Ingo has patches that match the kernel shipped by default.20:39
ScottL_i also run a vanilla karmic on my machine on different partition and it can certainly see the progress (although I generally dislike the empathy thingie in the top right corner)20:39
persiaScottL_: You can turn that off by uninstalling empathy :)20:39
ScottL_oh really?  I can do that as well!20:40
ScottL_i'm really not a social media kinda guy...well, except IRC (guess i'm old school)20:40
persiaIt still has the menu, but it no longer does anything, which isn't as annoying.20:40
fabrice_sp_ScottL, what apps are waiting for review in REVU? I could review some of them20:41
* persia has a "presence" on jabber and identi.ca, but carefully proxies it all through IRC so that the tools don't change20:41
persiafabrice_sp_: Look for stuff uploaded by falktx or slavender20:42
persiaErr, "falk-t-j" or "slavender"20:42
* persia plays with REVU tags a bit20:45
persiaScottL_: Could you check http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/tag/ubuntustudio and add anything you think is missing to that list (by adding tags to the packages).20:58
persiaI don't know if we'll use them all, but it seems a handy way to organise what needs review for the team.20:59
ScottL_persia: i can take a look, certainly20:59
persiaScottL_: also, tag anything new you upload as well.20:59
persiaWith fabrice_sp_ helping, I suspect we can get these through quickly20:59
* fabrice_sp_ is reviewing swh-lv221:02
ScottL_persia: i've looked for a way to add tags but can't find it, is it because I'm not a reviewer? or just slightly sloooow?21:06
persiaScottL_: Should be hidden right above the comments section at the bottom.  Took me about 10 minutes to find it myself.21:07
* persia runs off to find food21:07
* TheMuso waves.21:09
ScottL_hi TheMuso 21:10
aboganiTheMuso: Hi Luke!21:10
ScottL_persia: when you get back, i already noted the Tags: line but I can't edit or even add tags (not even to my own upload) I can only pick an existing tag which takes me to a screen showing all other packages with the same tag21:11
fabrice_sp_ScottL, you don't have a [edit] button?21:13
fabrice_sp_just near the tags  (on the right)21:14
ScottL_fabrice_sp_: no21:15
fabrice_sp_are you logged in REVU?21:15
ScottL_i'm just an uploader, not a reviewer - i'm guessing this is the problem21:16
ScottL_yes, i'm logged in to REVU21:16
ScottL_ Logged in as slavender. Your profile  Preferences  Merge accounts  Logout Next REVU Day: TBD 21:16
fabrice_sp_yeah: should be some reviewer priviledge :-)21:17
ScottL_shows i'm logged in as "Contributer"21:17
ScottL_Contributor (spelling)21:17
ScottL_says on the wiki ( https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Packages/REVU ) to be a reviewer I need to be a MOTU21:18
fabrice_sp_yeah: reviewers are MOTU (at least :-D ), so just ping us after an upload so that persia or myself put the tag21:19
ScottL_will do, thanks21:22
ScottL_although at some point I'd like to work my way up to MOTU also :)21:22
ScottL_but first Ubuntu Member21:23
fabrice_sp_sure: I'm sure Universe Contributor will be easy for you (if it still exists)21:24
ScottL_fabrice_sp:  weird thing, i have an edit button now for tags ... it wasn't there before, I swear21:52
ScottL_oh ho, it says i'm a "moderator" now      how cool is that?21:53
persiaScottL_: I don't think you have enough experience to be a reviewer, but I've bumped you to Moderator in the hopes you'll track all our stuff on REVU.22:05
persiaIt helps to make a shortlist so we can hit it easily.22:05
ScottLpersia, hey, thanks23:51
persiaScottL: Just don't get me in trouble :)23:52
ScottLwhen you say tag things, you mean with just "ubuntu studio"? or try to find all tags, like "audio" or "sound" or "plugin" etc23:56
persiaI was thinking you would tag anything that deserved special attention by us with "ubuntustudio"23:57
persiaSo we had a nice short list of stuff that deserved priority review.23:57
ScottLright, i can do that23:57
ScottLand this is something that would need to be review (i.e. me looking at REVU) periodically, say every week or two?23:58
persiaBetween archive-open and feature-freeze, that sounds like a reasonable freqency.23:59
persiaBetween feature-freeze and release, we generally let REVU rot.23:59
persiaThe REVU Hackers often take advantage of this period to update the code, etc.23:59

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!