=== thekorn_ is now known as thekorn
* popey pokes dholbach Technoviking pleia2 ..11:04
* popey pokes nixternal_ too :)11:05
Tarekthe meeting should start now, isn't it ?11:07
persiaTarek: Waiting on quorum.11:08
popeynobody seems to be about11:09
lifelesswhich team ?11:09
cjohnstoniirc pleia2 is moving today?11:10
persialifeless: Comunity Council11:10
persialifeless: That's why we never meet third tuesday :)11:10
lifelessin which case, ngight11:10
* lifeless zzz's11:10
dholbachpopey: pong11:10
popeydholbach: cc meeting?11:11
dholbachwe don't seem to have quorum (yet) - do we have an agenda?11:11
persiaDo you need quorum if there is no agenda?11:11
popeydo we need a cc if there's no agenda ;)11:12
persiaYes, to address all the outstanding action items pending return to the agenda.11:12
popeyI was being humourous11:13
popeyor not11:13
* persia at least is anxiously awaiting deeper feedback on the council selection process unification item11:13
persiapopey: Well, I worry about statements like that: I've seen teams dissipate due to lack of agenda over a period of time because that question is asked.11:13
persia(and I'd hate to see that happen to the CC, because I'd have nobody to whom to report for some of my roles)11:14
dholbachthere's no need to worry11:14
* cjohnston could make an agenda for yall11:14
persiadholbach: I'm not at all worried about the CC going away: just about statements of that form :)11:14
sagacifor a lesser being who's never attended an online ubuntu meeting, are all ubuntu meetings this well organised?11:15
dholbachok, in an attempt to get back to less theoretical discussions, I'm going to chase the thread about council staffing unification again11:15
cjohnstonsagaci: some are better, some arent...11:16
* dholbach adds it to his TODO list.11:16
sagacicjohnston: thanks for the info11:16
cjohnstonsagaci: alot of times it depends on if the members can make the meeting time.. For anyone in the US, this is a hard meeting time...11:16
dholbachpopey: it might be worth to check for any other open threads again - shall we do that together later today or maybe tomorrow?11:17
persiadholbach: Thanks.  I remember pleia2 volunteering to ask some folk about it, but never received the questionnaire myself (and would have expected such).  I heard some people got asked, so it may be in-process (although perhaps not).11:17
dholbachpersia: what kind of questionnaire are you referring to?11:17
sagacicjohnston: most of the meetings are held 11pm-7am Australia time, hence why I've been reluctant to observe these things11:18
popeydholbach: sure11:18
dholbachpopey: awesome :)11:18
persia"How has your council/board done selection in the past?" was the gist I heard from rumours, but I didn't get one yet, so can't say with certainty.11:18
dholbachthat's the first time I hear of any questionnaires11:18
dholbachso it might be rumour :)11:19
persiasagaci: The CC meeting rotates: the one at 20 or 21 UTC (I forget which) may be easier for you (early in the morning).11:19
persiadholbach: Or an informal beginning :)11:19
dholbachok, popey and I have two action items, if there's nothing else, let's adjourn.11:19
dholbachthanks a lot everybody. adjourned.11:20
persiaY'all should schedule more agenda items for this timeslot.  It always seems quiet (and the other one makes me yawn) :)11:21
czajkowskipersia: but this time slot doesn't have a lot of people at it. so I guess they could add the same agenda items to both meetings ?11:22
czajkowskinot sure if that's been suggested before though.11:23
persiasame items in both meetings is wasteful.11:24
persiaIf CC can't make this timeslot, the timeslot should move a bit so it can be made (but still not exclude this side of the world)11:24
=== m_anish_ is now known as m_anish_away
makooh shoot, i'm an hour off12:15
czajkowskimako: what timezone are you in ;)12:16
persiaThat's UTC-5, as opposed to other ESTs (like +11)12:20
persia(Well, +11 is currently EDT, but that's a different matter)12:20
MootBotMeeting started at 07:00. The chair is NCommander.13:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]13:00
NCommander[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2010/2010021613:00
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2010/2010021613:01
asacdyfet: plars: JamieBennett: StevenK: ping13:01
* plars is here13:01
asacogra: GrueMaster: ping13:01
NCommander[topic] Action Item Review13:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Action Item Review13:01
* StevenK wavers13:01
asacNCommander: maybe wait till all are here? ;)13:01
* persia checks mail in hopes of last minute responders13:01
NCommanderasac: yup, just waiting a moment13:01
* dmart is here13:02
NCommanderno ericm or coolney13:02
asachi dmart13:02
dmarthi there13:02
asaci think in china its holiday13:02
JamieBennettdmart: If you feel like adding your AR to the wiki please do :)13:02
ograstill new year ?13:02
asacalmost whole week afaik13:03
ograwasnt that on friday ?13:03
ograoh, k13:03
* GrueMaster is here13:03
asacarne said he is off whole week13:03
asacok lets get started13:03
asacNCommander: go ;)13:03
NCommander[topic] ericm to smoke-test dove images to confirm that the gnome-panel crashes have now been fixed13:03
MootBotNew Topic:  ericm to smoke-test dove images to confirm that the gnome-panel crashes have now been fixed13:03
NCommander(I know no ericm, but I have stuff to say)13:03
asaci think someone  of us can take that over now13:03
NCommandergnome-panel looked fixed w.r.t to X0, and I can test later today if no one else is setup with X013:03
asacNCommander: i think you have X0 set up already?13:04
dmartJamieBennett: ok, cam do.  Mostly wiki editing though...13:04
NCommanderasac: not yet, I'll get it later today13:04
asacNCommander: i have to run at some point today to get an atx power thing for my board13:04
GrueMasterMy X0 came yesterday.  I'll have it online momentarily.13:04
NCommanderGrueMaster: want to take the action item?13:04
asacthen it will be up soonish too i hope13:04
GrueMasterSure, since I have to do testing anyways.13:04
NCommander[action] GrueMaster to check gnome-panel on X0 and report if crashes have been fixed13:04
plarsseemed to be fixed at the sprint, but I would say everyone booting on their new boards should just keep an eye out for it, since we didn't have a definitive way to reproduce it or not reproduce it13:04
MootBotACTION received:  GrueMaster to check gnome-panel on X0 and report if crashes have been fixed13:04
NCommander[topic] persia to investigate into moving the team IRC meeting to a more universally acceptable time13:05
MootBotNew Topic:  persia to investigate into moving the team IRC meeting to a more universally acceptable time13:05
persiaRight.  So, y'all failed to respond to my mail.  I got a total of three responses.13:05
asacplars: we wanted to explicitly smoke test the board extensively when we first get them (we didnt have time to do that during sprint to full extend)13:05
asacwas there another?13:05
* JamieBennett responded13:05
* plars responded13:06
JamieBennettso just keep it as it is13:06
* GrueMaster responded.13:06
persiaNo need to identify yourselves.13:06
persiaAnyway, a couple people wanted to move the meeting a couple hours later, but most seemed flexible.13:06
asacany suggestion of time?13:07
persiaThis or 14:00 is probably best.13:07
plarsSo, seeing as how (presumably) the people that care about the meeting are here right now, please check ubuntu-mobile mailing list if you have it filtered, and responde to persia's email if you have an opinion on the time of the meeting13:07
asac1400 UTC feels good if StevenK and persia are fine13:07
persiaBut 14:00 will slam into the TB meetings when DST comes, as the TB likes to move.13:07
asacwell. we should adjust it same as TB meeting i think13:08
GrueMasterIf the TB likes to move, then they are more flexible about moving away from our meeting.13:08
persiaI don't.  Daylight savings is for silly countries!13:08
StevenKI'd rather not start a meeting at 1am local time13:08
* NCommander has no strong preferences13:08
ograStevenK, 2am better ?13:08
* ogra hides13:08
persiaPlus, daylight savings changes in *different* directions in different countries at different times of year, and is messy.13:09
asacwe should say we always have meeting in the hour before TB ;)13:09
asacok ... so from what i understand all but StevenK would be happy with 1400UTC?13:09
persiaThat's the 1am that was indicated as bad.13:09
asacok. any other suggestion?13:10
JamieBennettkeep as is?13:10
NCommanderhey ericm13:10
ericmhi all, sorry late on this13:10
asacok ... seems needs more thinking/talks/decision13:10
davidm01:00 is bad, 05:00 is worse in some ways13:11
persiaKeeping it the way it is seems to be least bad given the ranges I was given.  The other time that works internationally is around 21:00 UTC, but most of the ranges I received didn't include that.13:11
GrueMasterworks for me13:11
JamieBennettdavidm: depends on if you have young children who get up at 5am ;)13:11
persiaasac: Let's not revisit this for at least a few months, and I'll send another mail.  This time is fine for now.13:12
persiaNCommander: next?13:12
ogralets revisit it for next release in any case13:12
persiaogra: Seems a good schedule.13:12
NCommander[topic] StevenK to talk to seb about gnome-games refactoring.13:12
MootBotNew Topic:  StevenK to talk to seb about gnome-games refactoring.13:12
ogracycle switch is a perfect time to make a time swithc too13:12
=== fader|away is now known as fader_
asacStevenK: ?13:13
asacok ... lets move on ... we can check when he is back13:13
asacNCommander: ?13:14
* NCommander skips StevenK's other action item13:14
StevenKArgh, I've not done that13:14
persiaWell, gnome-games seems to now be essentially a metapackage.13:14
NCommander[topic] asac to blog about the new ARM 2D netbook launcher UI.13:14
MootBotNew Topic:  asac to blog about the new ARM 2D netbook launcher UI.13:14
NCommanderOh,a rgh13:14
NCommander[topic] StevenK to talk to seb about gnome-games refactoring.13:14
MootBotNew Topic:  StevenK to talk to seb about gnome-games refactoring.13:14
StevenKBut if that's the case (as persia says), then it's unneeded13:15
asacNCommander: make that a "asac to blog about arm alpha-3 summary"13:15
* ogra pointed from planet to JamieBennett's blog entries for the two blogging items13:15
JamieBennettI did something: http://www.linuxuk.org/2010/02/the-new-ui-for-arm-based-ubuntu-devices/13:15
* persia double-checks13:15
NCommanderSafe to go on?13:15
asacNCommander: ad d the action i mentioned for me13:16
ograand wipe the two other blog actions13:16
NCommander[topic] StevenK to fill up armel img with langs without busting i38613:16
MootBotNew Topic:  StevenK to fill up armel img with langs without busting i38613:16
asacNCommander: and carry stevenk's item forward13:16
ograboth done in some way13:16
NCommander[action] asac to blog about arm alpha-3 summary13:16
MootBotACTION received:  asac to blog about arm alpha-3 summary13:16
asacnevermind for StevenK's item ... go on13:17
asacNCommander: ^13:17
asacStevenK: did the lang fill happen?13:17
StevenKI started it on, and then got distracted13:18
asacwill that happen for a3?13:18
StevenKI was going to do it today if images built, and then cheese was broken13:18
ograno indication why though13:19
ogranothing notable on the ftbfs list13:19
persiaStevenK: Confirmed: gnome-games now only contains /usr/share/doc/gnome-games/* (and /var/lib/dpkg/info/gnome-games*)13:19
StevenKogra: Because it was split into multiple packages and the NEW ones landed in universe.13:19
asacoh ok13:20
StevenKogra: And UNE only builds from main13:20
asacdid the promotion happen now?13:20
ograwhich is good :)13:20
StevenKI promoted them like 12 hours ago?13:20
asaci ask you ;)13:20
StevenKNo paperwork, no mess, just fix the archive13:20
ogratnhen tonights build should be fine again13:20
asacok, so lets carry that action forward13:21
NCommander[action] StevenK to fill up armel img with langs without busting i38613:21
MootBotACTION received:  StevenK to fill up armel img with langs without busting i38613:21
* ogra doesnt think langpacks are that important atm13:21
ograwe usually dont start to shuffle them before beta13:21
StevenKThen we can leave it be, if you wish13:21
asaci dont mind. if you say its better done at later time, scratch that item13:22
ograwell, translations wont happen properly until the UIs are frozen anyway13:22
ograso they will still be inclomplete13:22
persiaLets do translations later, because the size *will* vary a lot around UIFreeze13:22
ograthey are a good beta1 target13:23
asacok next?13:23
NCommander[topic] asac to organize couple of sprints on thumb2 porting issues and get team attend/contribute13:23
MootBotNew Topic:  asac to organize couple of sprints on thumb2 porting issues and get team attend/contribute13:23
asacwe had one last week13:23
asacwe want to do that weekly13:23
ografirst one happened and made us all look dumb :)13:23
asacyou also said we wanted another date, right?13:23
persiaCan we have the next one starting a little earlier in the day?13:23
ogra(apart from dyfet who rocks wrt assembler)13:23
asaclike one where we only work on stuff ... do we need that really? maybe we can make pairs that coordinate when they work together on their own?13:24
dmartI linked an intro to ARM assembler from the porting wiki page now, in case anyone didn't see it.  Might help people get started.13:24
StevenKIf it's at the same time, I won't make it again13:24
asacpersia: i will try ... how many hours?13:24
ograhow about 10:00 UTC ?13:25
asacmight be a bit bad for dyfet13:25
persiaasac: Even just 2-3 would make it better for me, but then I really just want to know someone is available to work around my inconfidence with assembler.13:25
dmartSprints are good, but if someone wants to have a go at this stuff at other times, I should still be availble on IRC some of the time.13:26
StevenK2-3 hours still makes it hard time of day for me to grok ASM13:26
asacok i will talk to you and StevenK after the meeting to see if there is any good time13:26
persiaasac: If you don't mind bad for you, I'm sure there's a time that works for dyfet, StevenK, and I.13:26
asacwell ;) ... dmart also might be good to have13:27
asacif you want to organize a american/asia sprint outside of that its fine.13:27
persiadmart: You're in UTC, right?13:27
dmartI can be available occasionally later if that helps13:28
dyfetAnd I could try to be early13:28
asacok i will find a time and schedule ;)13:28
persiaRight.  We'll discuss times later (in -arm)13:29
asactalk to you13:29
asacgo on13:29
asacstanding items13:29
asacNCommander: ?13:29
NCommander[topic] Standing Items13:29
MootBotNew Topic:  Standing Items13:29
NCommander(sorry, RL pulled me away for a sec)13:29
NCommander[link] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-mobile.html13:29
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-mobile.html13:29
asac[topic] http://macaroni.ubuntu.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-mobile.html13:29
NCommander[link] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-mobile-lucid-alpha-3.html13:29
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-mobile-lucid-alpha-3.html13:29
ograstill broken link, sigh13:30
asacthe wiki poage is again wrong ;)13:30
asacmacaroni doesnt exist anymore13:30
JamieBennettasac: no you are!13:30
JamieBennettwiki is fine13:30
NCommanderogra: I updated it this morning. Refresh13:30
asacJamieBennett: seems you fixed it ;)13:30
asaci had macaroni here ;)13:30
* ogra too13:30
JamieBennettyeah, fast moving page13:31
JamieBennettare there items there that stand out as problems?13:31
asaci am behind.13:31
asacthumb2 is blocked on two things: a) that we couldnt do the respin before a3 anymore13:32
asacand lib-test13:32
* ogra still needs to finish the rootstock gui stuff ... working on it though and it will wipe the last three items from the spec13:32
asaclightweight browser decision is pending a meeting with security team and robbie13:32
asacand the webservice stuff needs to come after a3; at least email integration is a must imo. for office we might just follow what desktop team does13:33
JamieBennettwas a decision made there asac?13:33
plarsanything that can be done on those? both have 10 items with no start so far13:33
persiaI think we might need to just follow, because of FeatureFreeze.13:33
asacStevenK: can we drop GNOME games refactored and split: TODO wi?13:34
asacJamieBennett: we will try to go for chromium because of the performance13:34
StevenKasac: Yes, persia has confirmed that desktop has already done it13:34
StevenKWe can't seed chromium until it's in main13:34
asacStevenK: please update the blueprint then ;)13:34
JamieBennettasac: what about the web office wi's13:35
ogradesktop pull sOO.o back in13:35
asacJamieBennett: but security update process is messy13:35
asacJamieBennett: wanted to talk to you about that after meeting13:35
asacnot sure when you need to leave ;)13:35
StevenKYeah, we can't change components on a per-arch basis13:35
JamieBennettI'm at the dentist after the meeting but I can do something later if your around13:35
StevenKJamieBennett: Anything bad?13:35
JamieBennettStevenK: checkup13:35
asaci would still like to develop it and depending on how well it works either bring it in archive only or make it default on arm (but more likely the former as we are late)13:35
* JamieBennett notes dentist is always bad13:36
StevenKAh. I had one of those last week13:36
asacJamieBennett: have fun ;)... i feel with you13:36
asacok thats it on the blueprints for me13:36
asaclets move on13:36
asac(if you have any blueprint you feel stuck with or are completely out of work items, just let me know offline)13:36
asacANNOUNCE: ^ ;)13:36
NCommander[topic] Kernel Status (cooloney, ericm)13:37
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel Status (cooloney, ericm)13:37
asacericm seems to be heroic ...13:37
ericmso far, waiting for x0 to test the remaining issues on dove13:37
asacattending on vacation13:37
asacericm: didnt you take the x0 with you after sprint?13:37
ograor just not a party animal :)13:37
ericmasac, no - returned to Marvell office13:38
ericmogra, heh - you know me well13:38
asacericm: right. ok. but you got a confirm that one got shipped to you?13:38
ericmasac, not yet - since all Marvell Shanghai office are on vacation, I'd expect to receive it next week13:39
ericmI'd expect some of you may have received the board?13:39
asaci got one ... NCommander got one, plars and GrueMaster ;)13:40
ericmso the remaining issues seem to be suspend regression and hibernation issue13:40
asacericm: bug id?13:40
ericmasac, wait13:40
* ogra points to https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/mobile-lucid-arm-per-soc-powermanagement13:40
asacbug 516811 ?13:40
ericmbug 50900613:40
ubottuLaunchpad bug 516811 in linux-mvl-dove "[dove] system hangs with resume after suspend" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/51681113:40
ubottuLaunchpad bug 509006 in linux-mvl-dove "[dove] hibernation failed to resume" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/50900613:40
ograbug 50298313:41
asacericm: both= or just the hibernation one?13:41
ubottuLaunchpad bug 502983 in linux-mvl-dove "CONFIG_HIBERNATION needs to be set for dove kernels" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/50298313:41
ograoh, thats fix released13:41
ericmasac, both - yet last time suspend/resume worked alright on X013:41
ograNCommander, can you make sure the above two atre linked on the spec13:41
plarsyeah, the option for hibernate is available now, it just doesn't seem to resume the session13:41
NCommander[action] NCommander to link power management spec to dove bugs13:41
MootBotACTION received:  NCommander to link power management spec to dove bugs13:41
asacericm: so do you need testing?13:41
ograi think i saw saeed work on it in #ubuntu-arm13:41
ericmasac, and Marvell reported their hibernation works - so can possibly get this solved13:42
asacericm: right. seems you are already working with plars on that13:42
ericmasac, yes13:42
ograhe was developing a patch (with lool's help)13:42
ograseems the kernel sends a worng keypress event13:42
ericmogra, that's for the power button, i.e. pressing the power button to invoke the suspend/hibernation/shutdown/restart dialog box13:42
asacericm: ok good. keep us updated.13:42
ograericm, ah13:43
ericmasac, sure13:43
asacanything else on dove ?13:43
ericmkexec works now13:43
asacNCommander: please dont link all bugs to spec13:43
ericmthe latest issue with initramfs being incorrect I guess affects imx51 as well13:43
asacNCommander: specs are for feature implementation13:43
asacnot to track bugs13:43
ericmasac, I've updated all the information on bug 51784113:44
asacif its a bug tracking spec, then we should have milestoned it with beta-1 or 213:44
ubottuBug 517841 on http://launchpad.net/bugs/517841 is private13:44
ograasac, err, we used to do that all the time13:44
asacericm: yes. i think kexec is fixed now (according to ncommander)13:44
ericmI've yet uploaded a kexec kernel for imx51, not sure if anyone has tested that as well13:45
ograthats why the specs have the "related bugs" function13:45
asacogra: we can discus that later. some bugs are ok. but not all bugs13:45
ericmasac, which fix, link?13:45
ograasac, well, the *related* ones indeed :)13:45
asacericm: kexec being broken ;)13:45
asacNCommander said its now working13:46
NCommanderIt is13:46
asacNCommander: so what about 517841?13:46
asacericm: why is that bug private?13:46
ericmasac, per request by Marvell engineers .....13:46
asacok lets move on13:47
asactime is running low13:47
NCommander[topic] ARM Application status (JamieBennett, dyfet)13:47
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Application status (JamieBennett, dyfet)13:47
asacNCommander: QA is first13:47
NCommander[topic] QA Status (GrueMaster, plars)13:47
MootBotNew Topic:  QA Status (GrueMaster, plars)13:47
plarsI wanted to talk about possibly setting up an LP team to subscribe armel/UNE image related bugs against, similar to what we did with UNR last cycle13:47
plarsThe purpose would mainly be for collecting and tracking bugs that we care about w.r.t. the une armel image13:48
plarsjust wanted to see if anyone has strong opinions on this, or about what to name it13:48
asacplars: why cant we use the armel tag for that?13:48
plarsmy suggestion was ubuntu-armel-une or ubuntu-une-armel13:48
asacotherwise i would just suggest to use ubuntu-armel ...13:48
plarsasac: the armel tag is used for *anything* found on armel13:48
asacerr ubnutu-mobile13:48
plarsasac: and ubuntu-armel is for bugs that are confirmed to be specific to armel, and things that the ubuntu-armel team is working on13:49
plarsasac: many of the bugs we want/need to track around the une image are not specific to armel at all, but we still care about them since we are the main consumers of the 2d une interface right now13:49
asacplars: yes, ubuntu-mobile i mean. i think thats the best general purpose team suitable for high level apps concerning mobile13:49
plarsI'm fine with using ubuntu-mobile, but didn't want to go use that without agreement first13:50
asacany objections?13:50
asaclets try that. if someone shows up complaining about bug spam, we can review13:50
plarsworks for me13:51
asacGrueMaster: daily qa report?13:51
NCommander[topic] ARM Application status (JamieBennett, dyfet)13:51
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Application status (JamieBennett, dyfet)13:51
asacNCommander: ring ring13:51
NCommanderasac: :-P13:51
ograGrueMaster is first :)13:51
asacGrueMaster: still your turn13:51
GrueMasterTesting lsb lib on imx51 to compare the results seen on dove karmic.13:52
GrueMasterdaily testing of new UNE images.13:52
GrueMasterWhat more can I say?13:52
asacmaybe prepare a summary of the daily testing next week on the wiki13:53
asacyou can add that to the meeting wiki before13:53
GrueMasterI'm still waiting to hear from the Linux Foundation folks to see if our testing is good.13:53
* ogra would appreciate if QA could start rootstock tests after FF13:53
asaclike what days where the images good, what days they were broken13:53
asacand if you find a bug on some day, maybe add that to that days column13:53
ograso i get some additional testing13:53
* asac notes that13:53
asacogra: can you make a testplan13:53
ograasac, sure, i'll do that next week and send it around13:54
asaclike a wiki page of combinations to test to hit a few corners?13:54
asacok lets move on then13:54
ogramainly for oem-config tests and indeed rootstock itself13:54
KeybukGrueMaster: tangent, I'm testing UNE on i386 daily now13:54
GrueMasterAnd that does what for armel?13:54
plarsah, good to know :)13:54
davidmKeybuk, is that the 3D version or the 2D version?13:54
asacok we are in "ARM Application status (JamieBennett, dyfet)"13:54
davidmKeybuk, they are very different13:55
asacany news on that front or can we skip that?13:55
JamieBennettnot sure if dyfet has anything to add about Thumb2 stuff but I see no major topics to raise13:55
plarsGrueMaster: if you see something that you are unsure if it is specific to armel or not, Keybuk should be able to tell you easily13:55
asacok lets move on13:55
GrueMasterplars: I also have x86 images that I compare with.13:55
asacNCommander: next topic ;)13:55
dmartStupid question, but can anyone point me to where the UNE images appear?  I haven't been able to find them.13:55
NCommander[topic] ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, dyfet)13:55
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, dyfet)13:55
plarsGrueMaster: ok, good I didn't know you were testing it on both i386 and armel13:56
asacdmart: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-netbook/13:56
asacther under ports13:56
dmartasac, thanks13:56
MootBotLINK received:  http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-netbook/ports/13:56
ograbah, to slow13:56
dmartMOVING ON13:56
asacNCommander: dyfet: persia: did you make some progress on thumb2 porting end last week=13:56
dmartoops, caps lock13:57
dyfetyes we did13:57
dyfeton lwp, and we did get the remaining boose blocker closed I think13:57
asacpersia: dyfet: i saw you worked together. very good. did that end in uploads? what packages?13:57
persiaasac: A bit, but not too much.  We picked a bad time, so I was slow, and dyfet was distracted.  I did manage to get one correct upload though.13:57
ogradyfet is a hero !13:57
NCommanderasac: been working on OOo, so nothing new to report, but I've been looking at a strange KDE buld failure with persia13:57
* ogra cant cheer enough 13:57
asacNCommander: right i consider oOO to take some time, but i would think while its bulding you can help on thumb2 and ftbfs ;)13:58
asachelp on kde ftbfs is welcome13:58
ograNCommander, the kde stuff is muchly appreciated since it breaks rootstocks oem-config-kde13:58
asacNCommander: maybe check if the kde issues corralate with the thum2 issues identified13:58
persiaogra: It breaks lots of stuff :)13:58
ograpersia, bah, i dont care about the other stiuff :P13:58
persiaasac: No, it's an issue with build-dep resolution.13:58
* persia cares about liquid13:58
NCommanderasac: its a problem of dependency installing. I enlisted persia to help me on this13:58
asacerr ... on what?13:59
* ogra just wears blinds 13:59
persiaasac: apt-get build-dep kdebindings fails.  manually installing all the build deps works.13:59
* persia is still trying to figure out why13:59
asacanyway. lets move on. i think we are making progress (even if slow) on the porting stuff13:59
asacpersia: right. i didnt really refer to that one though ;)13:59
asacjust talked about general help on kde being good14:00
asacNCommander: next topic?14:00
NCommander[topic] ARM Image Status (ogra, persia)14:00
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Image Status (ogra, persia)14:00
ograbroken due to cheese :)14:00
ograbut overall good14:00
asacright. thats what i figure14:00
asacnot muhc to say there this week i think14:01
ograthats it14:01
ograAOB i think14:01
asacUbuntu Liquid?14:01
ograoh, right14:01
asacshould we remove that from the standing items list?14:01
NCommander[topic] Ubuntu Liquid14:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Ubuntu Liquid14:01
persiaPlease do.14:01
asacrbelem: do you want to keep this item in the meeting?14:01
asacif not, just ping me when you want a slot back in14:01
asacian_brasil: ^^14:02
persiaI *think* we'll get a -meta and -default-setttings into lucid, but it won't be ideal, and we don't really want anyone to use it.14:02
persiaLots of upstream work and fiddling work happening (probably in a PPA) for the rest of the cycle, for a real release in lucid+114:02
asac[ACTION] NCommander to remove liquid from standing item list14:02
ian_brasilasac, ok..we are targeting lucid +1 now anyway14:02
NCommander[ACTION] NCommander to remove liquid from standing item list14:02
MootBotACTION received:  NCommander to remove liquid from standing item list14:02
NCommander[topic] AOB14:02
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB14:02
asaci have something, but if you have something go ahead first14:03
persiaI had a user ask about hildon-gtk Ubuntu Mobile today (and realise this is a frequent question).  Is there consensus that people interested in this area should be redirected to the Mer project?14:03
* NCommander is glad to have Mer take over hildon stuff14:04
asacwould we refuse contributions?14:04
ograis mer still existing now that there is meegoo ?14:04
asace.g. is there consent we want to get rid of hildon?14:04
rbelemasac, nope14:04
ograasac, every looked at it ?14:04
asacso i dont think we should redirect them14:04
persiaasac: We can't do it right because of the libgtk variation.14:04
asacrather catch them14:04
ograits painful14:04
rbelemasac, it will be qt based14:04
asacok misunderstood rbelem's nope i think14:04
asacso ok14:04
ograyeah, i think that nope was directed to me14:05
asacok so seems there is a consensus that we redirect ;)14:05
JamieBennettasac: yes14:05
JamieBennettfor now until mer switches to QT14:05
asacso from my side i wanted to discuss to make the meeting more efficient.14:05
persiaGood.  Mind you, some mer folk are moving to Qt, but that's a different issue : at least their codebase works and is a basis for hacking :)14:06
ograwe're only 6 min over time14:06
NCommanderIf its clearer when to move topics, it would work better for me.14:06
asacbut i think the standing items could as well be filled in on the wiki up front14:06
asacwould it be ok for everyone owning those items to spend 10 minutes before the meeting to fill that in?14:06
ograand NCommander asking before switching topics would help too14:06
asacthen we can just make a standing items topic ... and raise points we want to discuss rather than getting a full status report typed in ;)14:07
NCommanderogra: I've done that plenty of times, no one answers14:07
ograeven if we loose a minute per topic or so due to that it would be better structured14:07
asacNCommander: so usually you should ask ... anything else? can we move on? etc.14:07
asacand give folks a minute or so to move on14:07
asacits just messy to have interleaving topics discussed. that makes things go longer summed up in my feeling14:07
asacso anyone has problems with filling in the status on his standing items?14:08
* GrueMaster would also like to see less non-essential chatter.14:08
asac(i would take the work item standing item)14:08
asacGrueMaster: right. we can try to remind ourselves everytime it happens14:08
ogranope, fine with that14:08
asacbut its tough ... also its not easy to see what is really essential14:09
* JamieBennett has to leave14:09
asacwhat feels essential to you might feel non-essential for others and vice versa14:09
ograJamieBennett, good luck14:09
asacJamieBennett: good bye14:09
GrueMasterI might be able to fill in the wiki if I had more that a few hours notice prior to the meeting.  I would request at least 24 hour notice.14:09
asacok thanks. i think we are over14:09
asac[ACTION] everyone to fill in status on standing items for next week meeeting14:09
asacNCommander: ^14:09
NCommander[ACTION] everyone to fill in status on standing items for next week meeeting14:09
MootBotACTION received:  everyone to fill in status on standing items for next week meeeting14:09
asacGrueMaster: notice?14:09
ogra[ACTION] send out meeting reminders on time14:09
GrueMasterMeeting notice.14:09
asacGrueMaster: just add a reminder to your calendar14:10
asacyou can get SMS and stuff like that14:10
ogragcal is great for that14:10
asacfor free14:10
GrueMasterI do, but it is set to ping me 30 minutes prior (as a backup alarm).14:10
persia(depending on your local telecommunications provider)14:10
ograthough still, we used to have the mail some days earlier14:10
asacGrueMaster: you can add more than one notification for each entry14:10
asaci have one 1 day before and 10 minutes14:10
persiaFridays might be a good day for the mail to be sent.14:10
asacby default14:10
ograor add a specific reminder entry :)14:10
asacand you can change that individually as well (for things like this meeting reminder)14:10
ograpersia, ++14:11
asacok ... i think we are done14:11
GrueMasterAnd is there a way to add the wiki links to this reminder?14:11
ograi think there is14:11
asacgood point14:11
persiaGrueMaster: Write a cron job that builds the link based on the date at runtime?14:11
asac[ACTION] JamieBennett to include wiki links to friday reminder; ncommander to include wiki link in weekly reminder14:11
asacNCommander: ^^14:12
NCommander[ACTION] JamieBennett to include wiki links to friday reminder; ncommander to include wiki link in weekly reminder14:12
MootBotACTION received:  JamieBennett to include wiki links to friday reminder; ncommander to include wiki link in weekly reminder14:12
asacok ... lets finish... anything else?14:12
asacthanks all!14:12
MootBotMeeting finished at 08:12.14:12
=== Tonio__ is now known as Tonio_
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
persiacody-somerville cjohnston geser nixternal soren stgraber Meeting time14:59
* stgraber waves14:59
* geser waves14:59
MootBotMeeting started at 09:00. The chair is persia.15:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]15:00
highvoltagehi DMB o/15:00
persia[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/Agenda15:00
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/Agenda15:00
gesercjohnston: persia wanted to highlight cjwatson15:00
persiacjohnston: Sorry.15:00
cjohnstongotcha.. /me goes back to hiding.. np15:00
* persia fails15:00
persia[TOPIC] Action Review15:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Action Review15:01
persiaDMB is now an admin of ~universe-contributors \o/15:01
persiaScottK is still to start discussion on future of MOTU Council.  I'll start something if he doesn't.15:01
persiaTB confirmed MOTU spec, that DMB approves MOTUs, and that MOTU shall discuss MC.15:02
persiaOh, and the email voting completed for statik, with permissions to be left as implemented at our last meeting.15:03
persia[TOPIC] Chow Loong Jin for MOTU15:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Chow Loong Jin for MOTU15:03
geserpersia: do we need 3 or 4 DMB members for quorum?15:04
persia4, which we have (stgraber, cody-somerville, geser, persia)15:05
persiahyperair: You say that you need to pay more attention to bugs in the Debian bug tracker.  Do you have any suggestions as to how these bugs can be made more visible to developers?15:06
hyperairsuggestions eh..15:06
hyperairperhaps launchpad should show a list15:06
hyperairor maybe just a bug count15:06
hyperairsimilar to how packages.qa.debian.org/<pkg> does it15:07
=== JFo is now known as JFo-afk
cody-somervillehyperair, Are you a proficient user of the bzr VCS?15:08
hyperairi won't say i'm proficient15:08
hyperairbut i can commit15:08
hyperairand view logs15:08
hyperairand uncommit15:08
hyperairpush and pull15:09
hyperairthe basic stuff necessary.15:09
hyperairi think i knew how to do more with bzr, but i haven't done much with bzr in ages.15:09
hyperairso i'm kind of rusty15:09
hyperairi use git bzr for almost everything though, so there isn't any problem for me to interface with bzr repositories15:10
cody-somervillehyperair, Whats your favorite patch system and why? If any, under what circumstances would you use a different patch system?15:11
hyperairit's got the most functionality, i think15:12
hyperairi've only tried three patch systems, i.e. quilt, cdbs, and dpatch15:12
hyperairi think there aren't many others15:12
hyperairif any15:12
persiaThe others are either VCS-variants or generally derided :)15:13
hyperairas for using a different patch system, i think it's only if the package was already using that patch system to begin with15:13
hyperairand if i don't feel like making too many changes to begin with.15:13
persiahyperair: Most of your work and many of your endorsements seem to be in specific areas (pkg-cli and applications you maintain).  Can you share why you choose to apply to join MOTU, rather than seeking for some pkg-cli access, or for packages you maintain?15:14
hyperairmost of my contributions are in these areas, but i don't think that should stop me from contributing in other areas.15:14
persiaFair enough, so long as you understand that the set of packages to which MOTU grants upload access is only expected to be reduced over time (giving us more time to get them right :) )15:16
geserhyperair: just curious: when looking at your sponsored package for lucid, I see only one. time issues or is there any other reason?15:17
hyperairgeser: there were some time issues, but mostly, since karmic was released, i've been trying to get my fixes into debian and then synced into ubuntu.15:17
geserand did you succeed?15:18
hyperairyou can probably see banshee's upload changelog for an example. although all the packages were uploaded to debian, many of the entries by me have LP: # tags15:19
persiaOther questions for hyperair?15:20
cody-somervilleNo, I'm ready to vote.15:20
persiastgraber: geser ?15:21
stgraberI'm ready to vote15:21
geserno questions left15:21
persia[VOTE] approve Chow Loong Jin for MOTU15:21
MootBotPlease vote on:  approve Chow Loong Jin for MOTU.15:21
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot15:21
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting15:21
ivajothaI'm ready to vote15:22
MootBotPrivate +1 vote received. 1 for, 0 against, 0 have abstained. Count is now 115:23
persia+1 : I'm happy with the technical quality of the work I've seen, and always happy to have more volunteers to help with QA efforts.15:23
MootBot+1 received from persia. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 215:23
MootBot+1 received from geser. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 315:23
MootBot+1 received from stgraber. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 415:23
cody-somerville+1 Clear technical aptitude and sustained contribution.15:23
MootBot+1 received from cody-somerville. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 515:23
MootBotFinal result is 5 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 515:23
persiaCongratulations hyperair, and welcome!15:23
hyperair^_^ thanks everyone15:23
chrisccoulsonyay hyperair \o/15:23
cyphermoxcongrats hyperair :)15:24
* hyperair high-fives chrisccoulson15:24
highvoltagecongrats and welcome hyperair15:24
hyperairthanks =)15:24
persia[TOPIC] Bhavani Shankar for MOTU15:24
MootBotNew Topic:  Bhavani Shankar for MOTU15:24
coolbhavihi all15:25
cody-somervilleWhat does it mean to be an 87 edition Indian?15:26
persiacoolbhavi: You decline to answer what you like least.  As much as I agree Ubuntu is a wonderful environment, there must be at least one thing that is less excellent than everything else.15:26
coolbhavicody-somerville, i m 87 born :)15:26
stgraberQuickly looking at your wiki page, it seems like you mostly worked on sync/merges and fixing FTBFS. Did you also work on some "complete" packaging as in, packaging something from scratch ?15:27
coolbhavipersia, being a physically challenged guy its great to be a part of the community15:27
persiacoolbhavi: Sure, but is there nothing that could be improved?15:28
coolbhavistgraber, None as of now but I have worked on ITA's in debian15:28
cody-somervillecoolbhavi, You seem to be in a lot of different teams; desktop, server, sound, uwn, boot, etc. Do you actively contribute in all of them?15:29
coolbhavipersia, as I ve seen there is nothing15:29
coolbhavicody-somerville, yes but when time permits off my academics15:30
cody-somerville704 uploads to Ubuntu; how many of them would you say are sponsored uploads and how many are syncs?15:30
coolbhavicody-somerville, 350+ syncs 250+ merges15:31
persiacoolbhavi: Could you share your view on how python-carrot was affected by the new upstream version of python-stompy ?15:31
persia(just to pick a recent sync at random)15:32
coolbhavipersia, please bear with my slow typo15:32
persiacoolbhavi: No problem :)15:32
ari-tczew+1 for coolbhavi @ MOTU ;-D15:35
coolbhavipersia, yeah I look at the changes first and test build it and install it on my system before a sync and when time permits i do a test15:35
cody-somervilleI have to go now.15:37
persiaOther questions for coolbhavi15:37
persiacody-somerville: Can we keep you another 20 minutes?15:37
coolbhavipersia, and since my internet is around 10kpbs here testing packages out sometimes cause a real hindrance15:37
cody-somervillepersia, I might be able to squeeze it. I have an appointment to go to.15:38
persiageser: stgraber cody-somerville: any more questions for coolbhavi ?15:38
* persia tries to go quick-like to keep quorum15:38
persia[VOTE] approve Bhavani Shankar for MOTU15:39
MootBotPlease vote on:  approve Bhavani Shankar for MOTU.15:39
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot15:39
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting15:39
persia-1 Great level of involvement, but insufficient evidence of technical expertise15:39
MootBot-1 received from persia. 0 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -115:39
cody-somerville-1 Insufficient evidence of technical expertise15:39
MootBot-1 received from cody-somerville. 0 for, 2 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -215:39
cody-somervilleGreat level of involvement though!15:39
geser-1 based on the repeated feedback asking for more experience15:40
MootBot-1 received from geser. 0 for, 3 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -315:40
cody-somervilleYour work on syncs and merges is greatly appreciated.15:40
stgraber-1 Would like to see more evidence of technical expertise (as in, from scratch packaging)15:40
MootBot-1 received from stgraber. 0 for, 4 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -415:40
MootBotFinal result is 0 for, 4 against. 0 abstained. Total: -415:40
persiacoolbhavi: Please keep up the good work: those endorsing you all seem to believe you can get there soon.15:40
persia[TOPIC] Matt Trudel for MOTU15:41
MootBotNew Topic:  Matt Trudel for MOTU15:41
coolbhavi:( okay thanks15:41
* stgraber quickly looks at cyphermox LP page15:41
persiacyphermox: What sort of work would you expect to be doing as a MOTU?15:42
stgraberthough I already know he's a great contributor, helped a lot with NM as asac mentioned. I met him in person a few times and completely forgot to leave a testimonial on his wiki page.15:42
persia(as MOTU cannot upload in the desktop and server realms you identify as your interests)15:42
cyphermoxI feel there's a large number of packages that are part of what the motu team deals with, many of them requiring love badly, or at least every once in a while15:43
cyphermox(looking up for the example)15:43
cyphermoxis one I have worked on very recently15:44
stgrabercyphermox: pastebinit ? ;) (though I'd have to release it first ...)15:44
cyphermoxthat too :)15:44
cyphermoxI'm aware of the issue with being unable to upload NM, for example -- and I still have to work on a MIR for -pptp too :)15:46
* persia is very familiar with cyphermox from previous recent applications : do others have questions?15:47
stgraberready to vote15:47
gesercyphermox: I see that you have only two endorsements, didn't you work with other people or didn't they have time to add an endorsement?15:48
cyphermoxwell, i bugged stgraber a bit, and bdrung has uploaded some things I've done but I figured the two uploads (with little discussion about them) weren't necessarily warranting asking for an endorsement15:50
cyphermoxit's hard to approach somebody you've only "worked with" because an upload was sponsored and didn't really have issues.15:50
persiacody-somerville: Just let us know when you have to dash: feel free to vote in advance if you're ready15:50
cody-somerville-1 PPU permissions or package set permissions seem more appropriate at this time.15:51
persiacody-somerville: And we won't need quorum for the last item.  Thanks for sticking around.15:52
highvoltagecheers cody-somerville15:53
persiageser: more questons?15:54
persia[VOTE] approve Matt Trudel for MOTU15:54
MootBotPlease vote on:  approve Matt Trudel for MOTU.15:54
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot15:54
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting15:54
persia+0 The technical skills shown are great, but I'd like to see more breadth of work for MOTU15:54
MootBotAbstention received from persia. 0 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 015:54
cody-somerville-1 PPU permissions or package set permissions seem more appropriate at this time.15:55
MootBot-1 received from cody-somerville. 0 for, 1 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now -115:55
stgraber+1 I believe his current work show the required technical skills to become a MOTU and believe that even though PPU would make sense for his current work. I think he'd be making good use of being a MOTU especially as he's deeply involved in the local community (that can clearly use another MOTU).15:56
MootBot+1 received from stgraber. 1 for, 1 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 015:56
geser+0 missing some visible breadth on the touched packages I like to see for MOTU15:57
MootBotAbstention received from geser. 1 for, 1 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 015:57
MootBotFinal result is 1 for, 1 against. 2 abstained. Total: 015:57
persiacyphermox: I'll send an email to the remaining members of the board for their votes.  Based on the last result, you should know within a week.15:57
cyphermoxthanks for hearing me :)15:57
persia[TOPIC] Edubuntu Developers Deligation15:58
MootBotNew Topic:  Edubuntu Developers Deligation15:58
gesercyphermox: if you are really interested on network-manager-*, try getting PPU rights for them15:58
cyphermoxgeser, will do15:58
persiahighvoltage: For this, you need to apply to the Technical Board: we're powerless to help you.15:58
highvoltagepersia: Ah, I'm quite sure some wiki page said we must apply to the DMB15:58
persia[TOPC] Select a chair for the next meeting15:58
geserthat answers my question if we are the right board for this15:58
* persia goes off to dig up the reference, hoping someone will volunteer to chair next time before we run out of time15:59
highvoltagepersia: but we will do so and I'll check that wiki page again and sees that it gets fixed15:59
persiahighvoltage: At the very bottom of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopers/TeamDelegation15:59
persiageser: stgraber: which of you wants to chair next time?15:59
stgraberI'll do it16:00
persia[TOPIC] AOB16:00
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB16:00
persiaAnyone have anything so urgent it can't wait two weeks, and can be handled in two minutes?16:00
MootBotMeeting finished at 10:01.16:01
=== nxvl_ is now known as nxvl
=== JFo-afk is now known as JFo
* JFo waves16:58
* smb looks expectingly16:59
* cnd waves17:00
* jjohansen waves17:00
* JFo truffle shuffles17:00
* ogasawara waves17:00
* apw looks like someone else17:01
MootBotMeeting started at 11:01. The chair is bjf.17:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]17:01
bjf[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting17:02
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting17:02
bjf[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid17:02
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid17:02
* amitk slides in17:02
bjfNOTE: '..' indicates that you are finished with your input.17:02
* manjo wazzzap17:02
bjfThere are no open action items from last week.17:02
bjf[TOPIC] Release Metrics:17:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Release Metrics:17:02
JFoRelease Meeting Bugs (3 bugs, 2 blueprints)17:02
JFoAlpha 3 Milestoned Bugs (25 bugs against all packages (down 10))17:02
JFo * 1 linux kernel bugs (no change)17:02
JFo * 3 linux-fsl-imx51 bugs (up 1)17:02
JFo * 0 linux-ec2 bug (no change)17:02
JFo * 2 linux-mvl-dove bugs (up 1)17:02
JFoRelease Targeted Bugs (132 bugs against all packages (down 1))17:03
JFo * 14 linux kernel bugs (up 3)17:03
JFo * 4 linux-fsl-imx51 bugs (up 2)17:03
JFo * 0 linux-ec2 bug17:03
JFo * 2 linux-mvl-dove bugs (up 1)17:03
JFoMilestoned Features -17:03
JFo * 1 blueprint17:03
JFo    * https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-new-kernel-on-lts (smb)17:03
JFoBugs with Patches Attached:107 (not counting Fix Committed)(no change)17:03
MootBotLINK received:  http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ogasawara/csv-stats/bugs-with-patches/linux/17:03
bjfapw, any comments on any of that?17:03
apwnope ta17:04
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-lucid-bug-handling (JFo)17:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-lucid-bug-handling (JFo)17:04
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-bug-handling17:04
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-bug-handling17:04
JFoNo update, all items are still in progress.17:04
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-lucid-review-of-ubuntu-delta (apw)17:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-lucid-review-of-ubuntu-delta (apw)17:04
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-review-of-ubuntu-delta17:04
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-review-of-ubuntu-delta17:04
* cking saunters in late17:04
apwFollowed up on "under-discussion" patches, this led to four patches being17:04
apwdropped as they are no longer required.17:04
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-lucid-kernel-config-review (apw)17:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-lucid-kernel-config-review (apw)17:05
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-kernel-config-review17:05
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-kernel-config-review17:05
apwBenchmarking pulling out PATA/SATA controllers appears to indicate there is a time penalty, we therefore need to look at the most common controllers to retain.17:05
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-lucid-kms (sconklin / apw)17:05
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-kms17:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-lucid-kms (sconklin / apw)17:05
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-kms17:05
apwThere is much discussion regarding the quality of KMS for ATI Radeon.  It seems that upstream is not interested in supporting KMS for ATI on 2.6.32.  So far we have only one confirmed broken card, and we may have a small patch stack to make that workable.  As we are already backporting Nouveau should we extend that to ATI; discussions continue.17:05
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-lucid-suspend-resume (manjo)17:06
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-suspend-resume17:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-lucid-suspend-resume (manjo)17:06
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-suspend-resume17:06
manjoI am reworking patch as per amitk's comments17:06
manjowill submit soon17:07
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-lucid-apparmor-development (jjohansen)17:07
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-apparmor-development17:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-lucid-apparmor-development (jjohansen)17:07
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-apparmor-development17:07
jjohansenTesting newest update atm, new post going out today, and pull request going out17:07
jjohansentoday.  Fixes Bug #496110, Bug #507069, and Fix of locking bug17:07
jjohansenAlso fixed Bug #13197617:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 496110 in linux "AppArmor oops when loading an empty profile" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/49611017:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 507069 in linux "aa-status is wrong for unconfined processes" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/50706917:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 131976 in apparmor "apparmor doesn't work on stacked file system (livecd) -- DHCP/cups/others fail to start" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/13197617:07
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-lucid-boot-performance (apw, csurbhi)17:07
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-boot-performance17:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-lucid-boot-performance (apw, csurbhi)17:07
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-boot-performance17:07
apwWe remain around the 1.6s to rootfs mark.  We have one outstanding bug to do with new locking to protect USB strings which have become mutable as a result of the introduction of wireless USB hubs.  Patches to fix this issue using RCU techniques are in testing.17:08
bjf[TOPIC] Other Release Tasks: Lucid Audio Support (bjf)17:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Other Release Tasks: Lucid Audio Support (bjf)17:08
bjfI've rolled the alsa c-o-d for karmic as well as lucid in the last17:08
bjfweek. It's obvious that they are being used, which is good news.17:08
bjfThat's all.17:08
bjf[TOPIC] Other Release Tasks: Lucid Better Power Mgt (amitk)17:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Other Release Tasks: Lucid Better Power Mgt (amitk)17:09
amitknothing new to report (caught up with some other things)17:09
bjf[TOPIC] Other Release Tasks: EC2 Lucid Kernel Status (jjohansen)17:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Other Release Tasks: EC2 Lucid Kernel Status (jjohansen)17:09
jjohansenLooking good we had a small update regression last week that should be fixed now Bug #520015 (haven't tested)17:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 520015 in linux-meta-ec2 "bad dependencies on karmic linux-ec2, linux-image-ec2" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/52001517:09
bjf[TOPIC] Status: Lucid (apw)17:10
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: Lucid (apw)17:10
apwLucid is now updated to stable v2.6.32.8 and to include a couple more [sigh] Ironlake patches.  Light testing it seems no worse than previously.17:10
apwProgress was pretty good over the sprint week with us tending towards the trend-line (ie. catching up).  Most of the prime features seem on track, graphics is still problematic.17:10
bjf[TOPIC] Security & bugfix kernels - Karmic/Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (gnarl/smb)17:11
MootBotNew Topic:  Security & bugfix kernels - Karmic/Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (gnarl/smb)17:11
smbDapper:      2.6.15-55.82  (security)17:11
smbHardy:       2.6.24-27.65  (security)17:11
smbIntrepid:    2.6.27-17.45  (security)17:11
smbJaunty:      2.6.28-18.59  (security)17:11
smbKarmic:      2.6.31-19.56  (security)17:11
smb             2.6.31-20.57  (proposed)[8]  5/18 verifications done (+1)17:11
smb - LBM       2.6.31-20.22  (proposed)[8]  0/ 2 verifications done17:11
smb - mvl-dove  2.6.31-211.22 (security)17:11
smb             2.6.31-211.23 (waiting for acceptance)17:11
smb - fsl-imx51 2.6.31-108.21 (security)17:11
smb             2.6.31-108.22 (waiting for acceptance)17:11
smb - ec2       2.6.31-304.10 (security)17:11
smb             2.6.31-304.11 (waiting for acceptance)17:11
smbNot much more to say this week.17:11
bjf[TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Regressions (JFo)17:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Incoming Bugs: Regressions (JFo)17:12
JFoIncoming Bugs17:12
JFo130 Lucid Bugs (up 8)17:12
JFoCurrent regression stats (broken down by release):17:12
JFo== regression-potential (down 1) ==17:12
JFo38 lucid bugs17:12
JFo== regression-update (no change)==17:12
JFo9 karmic bugs17:12
JFo5 jaunty bugs17:12
JFo2 intrepid bugs17:12
JFo1 hardy bug17:12
JFo== regression-release (down 1)==17:12
JFo55 karmic bugs17:12
JFo22 jaunty bugs17:12
JFo11 intrepid bugs17:12
JFo4 hardy bugs17:12
JFo== regression-proposed (no change)==17:12
JFo1 karmic bug17:12
bjf[TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (JFo)17:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (JFo)17:12
JFoA gentle reminder that today is Kernel BugDay. If you have any spare cycles, your help would be greatly appreciated.17:12
JFoThe information on this weeks bug focus (suspend resume bugs) is available at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/BugDay/2010021617:12
JFoLast week's bug day was postponed due to the previous week's Platform Sprint.17:12
bjf[TOPIC] Open Discussion or Questions: Anyone have anything?17:13
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion or Questions: Anyone have anything?17:13
apwREMINDER: 4 weeks to freeze17:13
bjfthanks everyone17:14
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:14.17:14
apwbjf thanks17:14
JFothanks bjf17:14
ckingblink and it's over17:14
jjoanisudo su17:15
jjoanihola  atodos17:15
=== fader_ is now known as fader|lunch
=== fader|lunch is now known as fader_
* MagicFab warms up19:42
=== nixternal_ is now known as nixternal
=== hobgoblin is now known as Guest90507
Guest90507aqui llegando para el reconocimiento del foro como team oficial de ubuntu19:46
fetovaGuest90507, te recomendaria poner tu nick ;)19:48
* fetova waves19:48
Guest90507lo puse pero me lo vot quien sabe por que19:48
Guest90507entro con el mismo usuario del foro19:49
Guest90507pero me lo vota19:49
Guest90507deja entro de nuevo19:49
fetovamejor conversamos en privado... aca se habla en ingles ;)19:49
Guest90507para ver que es lo que pasa19:49
=== testing is now known as Guest7527
fetova[13:50] -NickServ- This nickname is registered. Please choose a different nickname, or identify via /msg NickServ identify <password>.19:51
fetovawas that19:52
pacoya esta19:52
pacosolo cambie el nick name por otro19:52
fetovaok, hope will be fine19:53
pacoya no falta mucho19:56
jorgevazqpaco: nope19:57
fetovaczajkowski, hi :)20:00
svakshaczajkowski: hi20:00
Toluxeroczajkowski: hi :)20:00
jean7491hello, good evening20:00
czajkowskiall early :) good stuff20:00
Toluxerojean7491: good afternoon here in Mexico :P but good evening...20:01
* MagicFab brandishes the Quebec flag20:01
czajkowskipopey: JanC itnet7  meeting time20:01
* fetova the mexican one :D20:01
JanCyep, I'm here20:02
czajkowskihuats will be a little late20:03
* komputes is here to show support for ubuntu-qc20:04
cyphermoxkomputes, MagicFab: \o/20:04
JanCpopey: ping ?20:04
czajkowskihttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncilAgenda Agenda20:04
czajkowskiwe need more than JanC and myself here though..20:05
dupondjei'm here also :)20:05
* DuCkNeT is here also to support ubuntu-qc20:05
* jamesjedimaster is here to support for ubuntu-mx20:05
* Toluxero is here to support for ubuntu-mx20:06
fetovajamesjedimaster, Toluxero  :P20:06
MagicFabah, the agony :)20:07
* Gargadon is here to support for ubuntu-mx20:07
ToluxeroGargadon: wow, you're here, I'am surprised!20:08
* fetova is nervious... :P20:08
czajkowskifetova: no need to be20:08
czajkowskiwe just need more of us here, just give us a few mins20:08
czajkowskipeople probably having pancakes :)20:09
fetovai want! :P20:09
czajkowskiwhile we are waiting are there any questions regarding the RE approval process ??20:09
pacosi el foro es soporte en español20:09
fetovasorry, i need to practice more my english, have me patience :)20:09
czajkowskifetova: that;s ok :)20:10
pacopor que todos escriben en ingles20:10
* MagicFab hugs akgraner fetova asac brettalton cjwatson cody-somerville czajkowski dinda DuCkNeT elky formolQC highvoltage jcastro Joeb454 jpds kees kirkland komputes mdeslaur mvo NCommander nijaba ogasawara ogra pleia2 RoAkSoAx shang Snowrunner stgraber swe3tdave zul20:10
czajkowskiMagicFab: yay *hugs*20:10
brettaltonMagicFab: yaay, why me?20:10
MagicFabbrettalton, side effect20:10
komputesI loves me some hugs20:10
fetovapaco, el idioma oficial del canal es ingles, necesitas ayuda?20:10
merazim here supporting for ubuntu-mx20:10
* Snowrunner cheers at MagicFab20:10
akgranerMagicFab, *hugs* rock :-) thanks!20:10
* formolQC cheers for Ubuntu QC20:11
pacocreo que si un poco20:11
Toluxeromeraz: o/ partner20:11
pacono se mucho de ingles20:11
* RoAkSoAx *hugs* MagicFab back :P20:11
MagicFabY donde está la barra del mx ??20:11
* mdeslaur is here for Ubuntu QC20:11
shangyeah~ QC20:11
* shang hugs MagicFab 20:11
* shang shang_QC20:11
pmatulisif ubuntu qc joins we'll need to have a special clause that will prevent "separation"20:11
=== shang is now known as shang_QC
DuCkNeTw00t w00t QC20:11
* swe3tdave cheers for Ubuntu QC20:11
cyphermoxpmatulis, nice ;)20:11
=== Snowrunner is now known as Snowrunner_QC
ToluxeroMagicFab: here! de mexico mi estimado20:12
jamesjedimasterMagicFab: aqui de mx tambien20:13
highvoltageheh, thanks MagicFab!20:13
pacoes que stoy intentando instalar el sistema ubuntu en mi lap20:13
pacopero se traba20:13
Gargadonpaco: pues entra a los canales de soporte20:13
MagicFabViva México :D20:13
fetovapaco, de donde eres?20:13
fetovaMagicFab, \o/20:13
highvoltagewhat meeting is this?20:13
komputespmatulis: like a prenuptial agreement?20:13
MagicFabhighvoltage, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncilAgenda20:13
pacovengo del foro ubuntumexico.org20:13
fetovametete a #ubuntu-mx20:13
pmatuliskomputes: anything, just write it down20:14
fetovaen el canal nos cuentas que te pasa ;)20:14
MagicFabwe're relaxing while all the voting parties arrive20:14
MagicFabluis_lopez, ~o~20:14
luis_lopezMagicFab: yo!20:14
Toluxeropaco: el canal de ayuda es #ubuntu-mx este es un canal internacional para juntas :D20:14
MagicFabpaco, en #ubuntu-co también te ayudan20:15
pacothank's ya entre a mx20:15
pmatulisshouldn't we be working?20:15
MagicFabczajkowski, remind us who is missing to start the meeting ?20:17
czajkowskiMagicFab: there is only myself and JanC here at present, we need at least 3 if not 4 to vote.20:18
czajkowskiMagicFab: popey hutes and itnet7 and keffie-jax20:18
czajkowskiso I think right now, rather than delaying folks, we're going to have to reschedule20:18
MagicFabso we need 3 of them to come by :(20:18
czajkowskiI'm sorry20:18
czajkowskiif anyone has any questions myself and JanC are here to answer20:19
czajkowskibut there isn't any oint in going through the applications as there can't be any voting done20:19
itnet7here now sorry20:20
czajkowskiok so we have 320:20
czajkowskimaking progress20:20
jonowho from the council is not here?20:20
czajkowskijono: popey hutes and keffie20:20
czajkowskihuats will be on later20:21
jonothis is not good20:21
czajkowskihe had said he'd be late20:21
jonowere they aware of the meeting?20:21
jonopopey, are you around?20:21
JanChuats said he might be late because an important IRL meeting at work20:22
jonoit seems like there is just not enough members to join20:22
czajkowskiwe still need a 4th I think due to there being 6 of us20:22
jonohow many members are here?20:22
czajkowskiso again, sorry about this, but if anyone has any questions relating to loco issues20:23
czajkowskior re approval we're here20:23
czajkowskijono: me itnet7 and JanC20:23
jonotwo of your?20:23
jonoahhh three20:23
itnet7Sorry had to put out some fire's for work20:23
jonook you need one more member20:23
czajkowskijono: aye20:23
komputesjono: ubuntu member and ubuntu-qc member here o/20:23
jonoso maybe you can all vote and then follow up on the list20:23
jonothat will be a good use of the time20:23
JanCmaybe if huats shows up later..., we can start to look at the approvals already20:24
* komputes agrees - can we vote now so I can eat20:24
jonosorry folks I need to run to the airport20:24
komputesjono: ciao20:24
jonoI recommend council members vote here and then follow up on the list with missing members20:24
itnet7safe travels20:24
jonook, later all20:24
czajkowskijono: safe travels20:24
JanCalso, I can't vote on re-approval of my own team, so we actually need 2 more for that  ;)20:24
DuCkNeTjanc: can we still proceed with the other 2 approval ?20:25
czajkowskilets start with  the Quebec LoCo20:25
czajkowskiand we can work on things that way20:25
* MagicFab -> fireworks20:25
czajkowskiSo who here is from Quebec20:25
* Snowrunner_QC cheers for Ubuntu-QC20:25
* swe3tdave cheers for Ubuntu QC20:25
* DuCkNeT cheers for quebec20:25
* DuCkNeT is here20:25
DuCkNeTfor quebec20:25
MagicFabluis_lopez, ^ shang_QC pmatulis and others too :)20:25
DuCkNeThum.. ubuntu-qc20:25
* itnet7 looks over the App/Team Wiki20:26
* shang_QC cheers for Ubuntu-QC20:26
czajkowskiso who from the  Quebec would like to tell us about some of the stuff you've been doing20:26
komputesczajkowski: well Fabian has started the Ubutnu Hour, let him talk about that20:27
komputesthen I will talk about globaljam20:27
komputesMagicFab: floor is yours20:27
czajkowskisounds good20:27
swe3tdavethen i will talk about ubuntu drupal20:27
* DuCkNeT rolling the red carpet20:27
MagicFabYes, we've come up with some simple but effective ways to do more with less people20:27
MagicFabkomputes, and cyphermox here have been stars at the last Global Jam20:28
MagicFaband we're gearing up for another good one20:28
cyphermoxyep :)20:28
komputesI was one of the organizers of the first Ubuntu-QC Global Bug Jam last year, and will be organizing the second one this year.20:28
czajkowskiMagicFab: yes we've even taken a leaf out of you book and running our own. great idae.20:28
* komputes is checking member count for the LoCo20:29
MagicFabwe have great people in Quebec joining our parties - like stgraber (who just made it in the Ubuntu tech board) and all his colleagues from Revolution linux20:29
itnet7Your LoCo has done some extraordinary work!!20:29
czajkowskiyes well done20:29
MagicFabI'd say our main activity is social stuff - we network. This was mostly visible during the recent tou.tv advocacy sprint for Ubuntu support of a webtv site20:29
czajkowskican you tell me a bit more about that please?20:29
Snowrunner_QCthat was amazing!20:29
MagicFabSo the team is small but I believe we have great impact20:30
komputesUbuntu-QC has  89  active members20:30
MagicFabwell, Radio Canada, state-run TV + broadcast organization launched a huge site for their webtv (40 thounsand+ fans in Facebook)20:30
JanChttp://www.fabianrodriguez.com/blog/2010/02/10/thank-you-ubuntu-qc-and-facebook/ --> nice work20:30
MagicFabwell, huge as per our context20:30
MagicFabunfortunately only Flash, and untested in Linux. Our team list picked that up quickly, organized, and pressured into addressing this.20:31
komputesI have found that Quebec is a great place to find people who agree with the free software ideology. With more events we will gather many new members in no time.20:31
MagicFabI believe community events and simple, visible, tangible efforts like that bring out the best Ubuntu has to all - we plan on keeping doing that.20:31
czajkowskiok so on your roadmap you mention double your numbers, how do you see this happening??20:32
Snowrunner_QCI must add that this advocacy is the last event of a long struggle against Radio-canada, their website never was linux friendly.20:32
MagicFabczajkowski, social networking on sites like Facebook, identi.ca, and in-person-events.20:32
JanCany plans for events to try to reach people who don't know Ubuntu & open source yet?20:33
cyphermoxIf I may answer that one :)20:33
komputesWord of mouth and events i find are very effecting in having growing numbers in the LoCo20:33
MagicFabWe also have great visibility in local media - the Ubuntu "regular users" here in Quebec are hiding but we'll find them . Our FB group brought 400 together which is way more than the 89 we have in LP right now.20:33
* DuCkNeT proud to be on ubuntu-qc team for what they have done so far20:33
cyphermoxOut global jam event is held (and should be again) in a university20:33
czajkowskicyphermox: you make channels highlight when I'm not around :)20:33
MagicFabSo I think double is even low.20:33
cyphermoxwe work with the local LUG and user groups to get this known by a larger body of people20:34
cyphermoxI do usually try to get the release parties advertised by local newspapers, but so far without much luck20:34
czajkowskicyphermox: very hard to get local paper s involved I find20:35
MagicFabAs you can see ubuntu QC is much more than just me :D20:35
komputesWe also have many memvers who are part of bugcontrol which helps.20:35
fetovathats wonderful, MagicFab :D20:35
czajkowskiMagicFab: that is is!20:35
Snowrunner_QCAbout release party, they are often in a 3 floors pub, and people always come asking question on the release party floor about ubuntu.20:35
DuCkNeTalso members in the testing.... <----20:36
czajkowskiSo is there anything else you'd like to tell us about your LoCo ?20:36
Snowrunner_QCwe rock! ;)20:36
MagicFabyes, our parties are known as *the* place to network around Linux :D20:36
DuCkNeTwe do rock20:36
czajkowskiheh good stuff20:37
komputesenough of patting our own backs, but really, we do really rock20:37
MagicFabczajkowski, as a France-born Colombian living in Quebec since 1989, I am very proud this would be recognized as an official team :)20:37
czajkowskithat;s a great thing MagicFab20:37
czajkowskiok so I think we're ready to vote20:37
MagicFabbut many others drive it where it is.20:37
swe3tdavelets not forget all the work we did on the web site has been used to create Ubuntu Drupal, other teams are now using and contributing to our code.20:38
czajkowskijust to note, while JanC itnet7 and i can vote , we need to get the others to vote, so we will take it to the list afterwards,20:38
MagicFabswe3tdave is right, many Loco teams now have "turnkey" website thanks to the Drupal Theme he initially started :D20:38
czajkowskiI think you guys are doing a great job, and look forward to reading more about you  +120:38
czajkowskiitnet7: JanC20:39
* Snowrunner_QC cheers20:39
itnet7+1 absolutely20:39
itnet7very good work!20:39
JanC+1 from me20:39
czajkowskiand with that we shall pass this information ont the loco council mailing list and get back to you this week. Ok20:39
* MagicFab pour Aguardiente - throws a cup over his shoulder for the other teams20:39
fetovagratz! :D20:40
czajkowskiokie dokie20:40
komputesthank you guys - good luck to ubuntu-mx!20:40
MagicFabczajkowski, np - thank you! And thanks to all who cheered for the team - you rock!20:40
fetovaty! :D20:40
Snowrunner_QCthank you!20:40
czajkowskiok so who's here for Mexico20:40
czajkowskiAloha :)20:40
* MagicFab installs the Quebec flag in the hall, awaiting official confirmation20:41
jamesjedimasterme from mx20:41
czajkowskifetova: is it just  you?20:41
czajkowskioh 2nd person also good.20:41
* Toluxero from mx20:41
* Gargadon too, from mexico20:41
JanCubuntu-qc: maybe you can do more at places that are less likely to know Ubuntu already, but I know sometimes that's also dependent on opportunities  ☺20:41
* jorgevazq form mexico20:41
jamesjedimasterhahaha he's nervous20:42
Snowrunner_QCJanC, yes, will do!20:42
jorgevazqyeah, and kinda cold... isn't supposed to be this cold here :S20:42
MagicFabJanC, ack that20:42
czajkowskiok so let us continue with Mexico20:42
fetovasorry, i'm at work now... this is hard :P20:42
fetovaready :)20:42
fetovashoot :P20:43
merazhere i am20:43
czajkowskiok so can you tell me a bit about your LoCo20:43
czajkowskihow you get things done?20:43
jorgevazqexcuse me in advance, I'm at webchat right now, so I may experience problems... pidgin is trying to fly over the Firewall20:43
jorgevazqall ready20:43
czajkowskijorgevazq: ok :)20:43
merazhi there jorgevazq20:43
=== jorgevazq1 is now known as jorgevazq
Toluxerojorgevazq: :)20:44
itnet7jorgevazq: lol20:44
fetovawe have sub teams to work20:44
pacoI am already here20:44
fetovawe have a artwork team20:44
fetovaa doc team...20:44
fetovamentoring, podcast :D20:44
merazsupport team too20:45
czajkowskiyou have  a large break down of teams, are there many in each teams, and how do you get people to take part ?20:45
merazoff course lol20:45
fetovaall be small teams20:45
jorgevazqczajkowski: the largest team would be podcasting20:46
fetovaand we try to involve the people on them20:46
fetovaseeing what they do20:46
=== Snowrunner_QC is now known as Snowrunner
fetovasomeone ask a lot of faq...20:46
=== shang_QC is now known as shang
* JanC remembers ubuntu-be "stole" one of ubuntu-mx's members recently ;)20:47
fetovawe try to involve him on the doc team to apport ideas20:47
fetovareally? :(20:47
jorgevazqfetova: focus20:47
fetovai see...20:49
fetovaa permanent work on ubuntu-mx is...20:49
fetovaget the people together20:49
jorgevazqget people's ideas and make them work20:50
fetovaa lot of people know ubuntu, use ubuntu... spread ubuntu...20:50
czajkowskiok and in the past, I'm only seeing 4 events listed20:50
czajkowski all in 2008 what happened in 200920:50
jorgevazqin 2009 we had the H1N1 situation20:51
jorgevazqwhich... kinda stopped several events from happening, such as FLISoL20:51
czajkowskijorgevazq: why aren't these on the wiki page ?20:51
czajkowskiwere there no other meet ups?20:52
jorgevazqsome of them were20:52
jorgevazqwe actually had presence in events in universities, but failed to collect proof20:52
jorgevazqbesides, the podcast project started in 200920:53
JanCjorgevazq: you can list them without proof too20:53
jorgevazqfrom scratch20:53
jorgevazqJanC: didn't know about it ;)20:53
fetovagood to know :)20:54
JanCand for the future you can ask people to write (short) reports of such events20:54
jorgevazqJanC: good to know, what happened is that th organizing staff of several events20:55
czajkowskiyes like add a blog post on an event or an update to your reports20:55
jorgevazqsuch as FESoL, promised to email us the pictures... but haven't had the time to do so20:55
jorgevazqczajkowski: what we were thinking was to mention those activities "on air" in the podcast20:56
czajkowskijorgevazq: great idea, don't get me wrong, but it'd be nice to see them listed on the wiki.20:56
JanCit doesn't have to be staff, everybody present can make a blog post or whatever20:56
jamesjedimasterbut it's a good idea to have them on the forum20:56
jorgevazqczajkowski: ok, we'll do our best to keep our wiki updated from now on ;)20:56
czajkowskijorgevazq: thank you20:57
jorgevazqFYI: we do have pictures on FESoL 2009, just failed to put the exact date (is the last event marked)20:57
jorgevazqanyway... we also had several organizational improvements on 200920:58
jorgevazqan example would be the creation of ubuntu-mx-council, which we believe have helped to quicken the entire process of getting things done20:59
jorgevazqubuntu-mx-council is actually composed by the LoCo Leader (fetova) and 3 team leaders20:59
jorgevazqbut once other projects take off, then their leaders will also be invited to become part of the council21:00
itnet7I would like to see more clearer documentation and some photos, I do think that all of you are dong a good job though21:00
JanCubuntu-mx: we'd like to propose that you come back next month with more activities listed21:01
itnet7I agree with JanC !21:01
czajkowskiyou've done some good, work, but think your wiki could do with some more activities on it21:02
czajkowskido come back next month please21:02
jamesjedimasterok, we will work on it21:02
jorgevazqok, we'll do21:02
czajkowskiThank you21:02
jorgevazqanyway its just a matter of listing what we have already done21:02
fetovaok, we will work more on the wiki :)21:02
JanCfor example I also see on your site you have sort of a local distribution network for CDs (from what I understand) which isn't listed on the wiki page either?21:02
fetovayeah, we have it :)21:03
ToluxeroJanC: czajkowski too much info is posted into the forum.21:03
czajkowskiToluxero: forum is not the wiki page21:03
JanCToluxero: okay, so link to that from the wiki page too  ☺21:03
czajkowskiso moving on please21:04
czajkowskiok so next up is the Belgian LoCo https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ReapprovalApplication201021:04
fetovawell... thanks :)21:04
czajkowski1st reapproval to be done21:04
czajkowskiwho here is from Belgian LoCo ?21:04
=== fader` is now known as fader_
* mongolito404 is from Belgium21:05
czajkowskijean7491: aloha!21:05
JanCo/ (which means I won't comment of course)21:05
* rulus is a Belgian Being too :)21:05
* zuzuzzzip is also from Belgium21:05
czajkowskiright so21:05
pvandewyngaerde1hello from belgium21:06
czajkowskithis is the application https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ReapprovalApplication201021:06
czajkowskinice work21:06
* MagicFab offre un peu de caribou aux amis belges :)21:07
czajkowskiyou do a lot of work at different events, how do you  organise it. how do you get people to take part? you've come  a long way since 1st setting up,, how have you changed or done things differently in that time21:07
itnet7You all have done some outstanding work!21:07
czajkowskiMagicFab: send me white chocolate!21:07
jean74911st is the activation of an events team ...21:08
itnet7good show of support!21:08
jean7491looking for events and contacting people to find local coordinators21:08
pvandewyngaerde1and enthusiastic people with lots of time in weekends21:09
jorgevazqif you excuse me, I'm currently in class... shouldn't even be chatting21:09
jean7491and looking for ad-hoc local teams with volunteers (and entousiastic people21:10
jean74912d thing for the events team is to look where it is posible to work with other groups - clubs21:10
itnet7Your team seems good in the collaboration dept. taking part in Fossdem, and your other listed projects21:11
jean7491so we were able to organize a lot of events and projects ...21:12
=== nUn_ is now known as Nun--
jean7491like fosdem or international fair in ghent, thanks local contact21:12
czajkowskiyes your team was very present at FOSDEM21:13
czajkowskiHow do you think you'll still draw new people in? to take part?21:13
jean7491yes , but fosdem is not my personal level, i'm only end-user21:13
JanCseveral team members are also FOSDEM organizers, so we actually lose some possible volunteers for our booth there  ;)21:13
czajkowskiwell they get bonus points for running fosdem so!21:14
czajkowskiok again we cannot vote on this properly21:15
itnet7I think I'm ready to vote, czajkowski ?21:15
czajkowskibut I think you guys are doing a great job21:15
czajkowski+1 from me21:15
JanCfor finding possible volunteers we ask people on the forums & on our support points map21:15
Nun--it's here and now the event UbuntuMx Loco team?21:15
itnet7+1 from me also, as before we will have to wait on the mailing list21:15
itnet7Ubuntu-be is doing really great things!!!21:15
czajkowskithanks to all those who came sorry it took a while to kick off21:16
JanCmaybe other locoteams using drupal for their site will be interested in the new supports point map that will be a drupal module21:16
czajkowskifor  Quebec and belgium we shall get in touch with you this week21:16
itnet7I would really like to apologize for holding everyone/anyone up21:16
czajkowskimexico see you next month21:16
czajkowskiwith that I've to dash off to another meeting21:16
itnet7Defiinitely looking forward next meeting!21:16
jean7491thanks czajkowski and other members, bye21:18
itnet7bye jean7491 !21:18
fetovathanks czajkowski21:20
huatssorry for the late arrival...21:26
huatsalready finished ?21:26
zuzuzzzipyes huats21:29
huatszuzuzzzip, thanks21:29
fetovasee ya21:32
=== gnomefreak76 is now known as gnomefreak
Nun--Bueno, como dijo el chupacabras.. me marcho.21:40
=== fader_ is now known as fader|away

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!