=== fader_ is now known as fader|away
=== bladernr_ is now known as bladernr|away
=== bladernr|away is now known as bladernr_
=== bladernr_ is now known as bladernr|away
=== bladernr|away is now known as bladernr-away
=== edson is now known as ecanto
=== bladernr-away is now known as bladernr-afk
=== bladernr-afk is now known as bladernr-lunch
=== bladernr-lunch is now known as bladernr-away
=== xeros2 is now known as xeros
=== leoquant is now known as soonerorlater
=== soonerorlater is now known as leoquant
=== thekorn_ is now known as thekorn
=== Knightlust is now known as Igorots
=== Igorots is now known as Knightlust
=== bladernr-away is now known as bladernr_
=== ShadowChild is now known as lukjad86
* marjo waves15:57
* bladernr_ waves back15:59
* ameetp waves15:59
* ttx waves16:00
* apw looks acout blearily16:00
* slangasek waves16:01
MootBotMeeting started at 10:01. The chair is slangasek.16:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:01
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2010-02-2616:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2010-02-2616:01
slangasek[TOPIC] QA Team16:01
MootBotNew Topic:  QA Team16:01
slangasekmarjo: you're on :)16:02
marjo* Lucid Alpha 3 Test Report16:02
marjo= Summary =16:02
marjo== Test Coverage ==16:02
marjoMandatory Testcase Coverage: 138/180 = 76.67%16:02
marjoOptional Testcase Coverage: 3/19 = 15.79%16:02
marjoImage Coverage: 32/32 = 100%16:02
marjo=== Test Failure Analysis ===16:02
marjo19 Test Failures16:02
marjoFailure Rate 19/141 = 13.48%16:02
marjoplease note image coverage of 100% thx to everyone who helped out!16:03
marjoeven with late respins of images16:03
marjo== Bugs summary ==16:03
marjo=== Summary of Unfixed Issues ===16:03
marjo59 bugs unfixed16:03
marjoHigh - 716:03
marjoMedium - 616:03
marjoLow - 216:03
marjoUndecided - 4416:03
marjo=== Summary of Fixed Issues ===16:04
marjo9 bugs fixed16:04
marjoHigh - 116:04
marjoMedium - 416:04
marjoLow - 116:04
marjoUndecided - 316:04
slangaseknext time, we'll have DVDs working to make it more of a challenge ;)16:04
marjoHere's the list of bugs that were marked as "serious" by testers16:04
marjo== Serious bugs found during testing ==16:05
marjoSorted by status from New to Fix Released16:05
marjo#527828 | kubuntu oem-config 'No valid steps.'16:05
marjoubiquity (Ubuntu)                      | Undecided | New16:05
marjo#528331 | [Lucid Kubuntu] Ubiquity crashes in PartMan.py when choosing manual partitioning and creating new partition - NameError: global name 'partman' is not defined16:05
marjoubiquity (Ubuntu)                      | Undecided | New16:05
marjo#528346 | Impossible to select in wich disk install to (resize)16:05
marjoubiquity (Ubuntu)                      | Undecided | New16:05
marjo#526626 | [Alpha 3 Testing] Ubuntu Logo on UNE doesn't minimize applications and show Launcher anymore16:05
marjogo-home-applet (Ubuntu)                | Undecided | New16:05
marjo#527447 | [Lucid Netbook Alpha 3] env crashed with SIGSEGV in setlocale()16:05
marjocoreutils (Ubuntu)                     | Medium    | New16:05
marjo#527972 | [Lucid Alpha 3] usb-creator.exe does not accept ISO selection on Windows XP system16:05
marjousb-creator (Ubuntu)                   | Undecided | New16:05
marjo#527148 | dove fails to shutdown16:05
marjolinux-mvl-dove (Ubuntu)                | Undecided | New16:05
marjo#527870 | karmic -> lucid CDROM only upgrade fails16:05
marjolibsdl1.2 (Ubuntu)                     | Undecided | New16:05
marjoupdate-manager (Ubuntu)                | Undecided | New16:05
marjolibsdl1.2 (Ubuntu Lucid)               | Undecided | New16:05
marjoupdate-manager (Ubuntu Lucid)          | Undecided | New16:05
marjo#527848 | [Lucid] ubi-partman failed with exit code 141 during manual partitioning16:06
marjoubiquity (Ubuntu)                      | Undecided | New16:06
marjo#527115 | [Lucid Xubuntu] Can not perform an upgrade using "update-manager -d"16:06
marjoupdate-manager (Ubuntu)                | Undecided | New16:06
marjo#524439 | 20100219 Server ISO fails to set up console keyboard correctly16:06
marjoconsole-setup (Ubuntu)                 | High      | Triaged16:06
marjoconsole-setup (Ubuntu Lucid)           | High      | Triaged16:06
marjo#528034 | Ubiquity crash on Lucid alpha 3 20100225 Kubuntu16:06
marjoubiquity (Ubuntu)                      | Undecided | Incomplete16:06
marjo#527377 | on resize mode i can't choose in which disk install to16:06
marjogparted (Ubuntu)                       | Undecided | Incomplete16:06
marjo#527377 | on resize mode i can't choose in which disk install to16:06
marjogparted (Ubuntu)                       | Undecided | Incomplete16:06
marjo#458482 | usb drives imaged with usb-creator fail to boot on some systems16:06
marjousb-creator (Ubuntu)                   | High      | Confirmed16:06
marjo#510524 | Multiple freeze during boot16:06
marjoplymouth (Ubuntu)                      | High      | Confirmed16:06
marjo#510524 | Multiple freeze during boot16:06
marjoplymouth (Ubuntu)                      | High      | Confirmed16:06
marjo#527832 | [Lucid] Ubiquity shuts off my monitor during the startup to live environment16:06
marjoubiquity (Ubuntu)                      | Undecided | Confirmed16:06
marjo#527932 | [Lucid Kubuntu] Ubiquity crashes in PartMan.py when choosing manual partitioning - AttributeError: 'PartMan' object has no attribute 'allow_change_step'16:06
marjoubiquity (Ubuntu)                      | High      | Fix Committed16:06
marjo#527722 | pre depends loop16:06
marjoupstart (Ubuntu)                       | Medium    | Fix Committed16:06
marjosorry about very long listing!16:06
marjo* Hardware testing16:07
marjo  passed:   9 (70%) failed:   1 (15%)untested: 3 (15%)16:07
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~fader/hw-testing/current.html16:07
marjopassed:   26 (100%) failed:    0 (  0%) untested:  0 (  0%)16:07
marjo  passed:   52 (96%) failed:    0 ( 0%) untested:  2 ( 4%)16:07
marjopassed:   11 (92%) failed:    0 ( 0%) untested:  1 ( 8%)16:07
marjothe untested netbooks will be tested next week16:07
* mvo will look at the update-anager problems16:07
slangasekI'm puzzled by some of those new Kubuntu partman bugs, I thought those were fixed in ubiquity before our respin16:07
marjoso, will be closer to 100%16:08
cjwatsonthe plugin migration in ubiquity had a fair bit of fallout, and I think we have a lot of tidying up to do there16:08
marjocjwatson: thx for that info; will keep an eye on developments16:09
marjofor beta-116:09
mvohttp://people.ubuntu.com/~mvo/automatic-upgrade-testing/current/ <- also does not look great16:09
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.ubuntu.com/~mvo/automatic-upgrade-testing/current/ <- also does not look great16:09
marjomvo: would like to follow up w/ you and ara on upgrades topic16:10
mvomarjo: sure, stepmaker opens up a vastly cool new test area, I'm very excited16:10
slangasekcjwatson: is that mostly affecting Kubuntu because of difference in how much testing it's gotten?  Does it make sense to have people doing tests of desktop dailies as these bugs get fixed?16:10
marjomvo: +116:11
cjwatsonslangasek: more because of differences in code layout, but yes, if it's not entirely ridiculous I think desktop daily testing would be valuable16:11
slangasekcjwatson: for both Ubuntu and Kubuntu, or is it primarily Kubuntu we need to worry about?16:12
cjwatsonI'm more worried about Kubuntu16:12
slangasekmarjo: is it possible for you guys to commit some resources to doing daily install tests of Kubuntu desktop over the next few weeks?16:13
slangasek(generally only needed after there's been an ubiquity upload...)16:13
marjoslangasek: yes, we are also working w/ rickspencer3 on desktop bug finding anyway16:14
marjoslangasek: agree16:14
slangasek[ACTION] QA Team to retest Kubuntu desktop after ubiquity uploads16:14
MootBotACTION received:  QA Team to retest Kubuntu desktop after ubiquity uploads16:14
marjoSpecs Status16:14
marjo* Checkbox Desktop Experience Tests16:14
marjo   Remaining work items moved to Beta 116:14
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-platform-qa-lucid-alpha-3.html16:14
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-platform-qa-ubuntu-10.04-beta-1.html16:14
marjo   - Extract CPU- and I/O-data provided by bootchart16:14
marjo   - Improve test reporting for boot times16:14
marjo* Identify and implement kernel test cases to automate16:14
marjoLast work item moved to Beta 116:15
marjo   - Evaluate EC2/UEC integration16:15
marjo* lucid-qa-bugs-hwdb-querying16:15
marjoMedium priority blueprint – work items moved to Beta 116:15
marjothat's all folks!16:15
slangasekok, thanks!16:16
slangasek[TOPIC] Server Team16:16
MootBotNew Topic:  Server Team16:16
slangasekttx: hi16:16
ttxslangasek: o/16:16
ttxOur updated status at : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/ReleaseStatus16:16
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/ReleaseStatus16:16
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/ReleaseStatus16:16
ttxAlpha3 end status, a few work items have been deferred to beta1, a few others simply postponed to lucid+1 or never16:17
ttxNothing left in alpha316:17
* slangasek nods16:17
ttxBeta1 planning is believed to be complete16:17
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-server-ubuntu-10.04-beta-1.html16:17
ttxshould show what we are aiming at for beta116:18
ttxThe most impacting thing in there is probably "EBS root"16:18
slangasekhmm, when did pitti say he was resetting those lines? :)16:18
ttxslangasek: something like, today :)16:19
slangasekah, but he's off today, oops :)16:19
ttxEBS root will probably impact EC2 deliverables16:19
ttxThe rest is mostly QA/Doc/Bugfixing16:20
ttxBeta1-targeted bugs:16:20
ttxI listed those in the report, they don't all have assignees yet16:20
ttxThat will be fixed by next week, obviously16:20
slangasekttx: impact EC2 deliverables how?16:20
ttxslangasek: IIUC we would also publish a EBS root system16:21
ttx(rather than just an AMI)16:21
ttxsmoser: around ?16:21
ttxcould you explain impact of EBS root deliverables, if any ?16:22
smoserthe end result is more ami-XXXXXXXX numbers16:22
ttx(on the release process)16:22
slangasekah :/16:22
smoserand, then, ISO testing on those.16:22
slangasekdoubles the current number?16:22
ttxslangasek: other questions on that part ?16:23
slangasekare we sure that supporting both types of images as first-class Ubuntu images is the right thing to do?16:24
ttxslangasek: we expect most people to use those instead of the regular ones in a few16:24
ttxsince they basically allow persistence for a reasonable cost16:24
ttxsmoser: correct me if I'm wrong here16:25
ttxOk, moving on to bugs affecting server, in other teams:16:25
smoserthere is extremely little reason to prefer instance-store images.16:25
slangasek[ACTION] slangasek to record server-lucid-ec2-ebsroot work items related to ISO testing integration16:25
MootBotACTION received:  slangasek to record server-lucid-ec2-ebsroot work items related to ISO testing integration16:25
smoserso, yes, we expect high usage of ebs root ami16:25
ttxbug 50629716:26
ubottuLaunchpad bug 506297 in plymouth "Graphical Ubuntu logo enabled on servers, no more login prompt" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/50629716:26
ttxThat one was already revealed in alpha2 ISO testing16:26
ttxbug 52443916:26
ubottuLaunchpad bug 524439 in console-setup "20100219 Server ISO fails to set up console keyboard correctly" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/52443916:26
ttxThat one is more recent.16:26
ttxBoth are linked to plymouthization if my understanding is correct.16:27
ttxThat's about all for me. Questions ?16:27
slangasekyes; the former is covered by Keybuk's work this week (and next) to Fix Plymouth16:27
slangasekthe latter will take a back seat to this for the moment, AIUI, since it has the same assignee16:28
cjwatsonoh, I took over the latter16:28
slangasekoh, ok16:28
cjwatsonI'll take over the bug too16:28
ttxslangasek: cool, we need those cosmetic issues fixed for beta1, since we want to call for testing quite widely16:28
slangasekwasn't sure if you had taken it and assigned it back again16:28
slangasekttx: the plymouth stuff is so very much more than cosmetic :-)16:29
slangasekfortunately, your cosmetic issue will get fixed in the process :)16:29
ttxslangasek: the bugs are, though :)16:29
slangasekonly on server; for everyone else they're crasher bugs16:29
ttxI mean, their symptoms are easily workaroundable16:29
ttxright :)16:29
cjwatsonthe console-setup one is chiefly complicated by the kernel sucking16:29
cjwatsonI've been trying to see if I can make the kernel not suck16:29
ttxcjwatson: interestingly enough, I can't reproduce it if I have a crypted LVM16:30
ttxcjwatson: looks like the keyboard setup for password prompt kinda sticks to console16:30
ttx(not sure if that helps in any way)16:30
Keybukthat's an interesting issue16:30
Keybuksetting the keyboard layout so you can type your plymouth passphrase, but while plymouth is running16:31
cjwatsonttx: that's because then the console is set up in the initramfs16:31
ttxcjwatson: ack, makes sense16:31
slangasekok - anything further on server?16:33
slangasek[TOPIC] Mobile Team16:33
MootBotNew Topic:  Mobile Team16:33
slangasekttx: thanks16:33
slangasekasac: hi16:33
asac[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid16:34
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid16:34
asac* rootstock/qemu stabilization ... this is what occupied ogra for quite some time ;)16:34
ograstill doing16:35
asacit works, but seems qemu goes up and down a bit ... (nothing i would be worried about)16:35
ograqemu is messy16:35
asac* thumb2 porting sprint and porting  -> we had another mini sprint this week, where we managed to scratch a few more packages from our thumb2 list16:35
asac* obviously we had alpha3 testing ... which didnt reveal really bad regressions, yay!16:36
ograno, it rather improved :)16:36
ograapart from the openoffice issue :)16:36
asac* openoffice "uno" investigation - round 2 - started (417009)  -> this about a bug we carry since karmic and we try to put resources in now that we are past FF16:36
ograbut that was fixed in time16:36
asacwebservice specs - implementation started --- not much to implement, but we are getting pulled into other projects these weeks so we are not yet ready to upload16:37
ograseems NCommander is on something there ... not sur its the actual issue but seems to be narrowed down a bit more16:37
asachowver, the office glue code seems to work quite well so i hope this will happen once we come back next week from a mini summit16:37
asace.g. just a matter to package .desktop files up together with it and ensuring we dont claim too many mime-types etc.16:38
asacImage Status:16:38
asac* imx51 and dove in usable shape16:38
asacok on Specs:16:38
asac[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-mobile.html16:38
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-mobile.html16:38
asac[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-mobile-ubuntu-10.04-beta-1.html16:38
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-mobile-ubuntu-10.04-beta-1.html16:38
slangasekasac: what about these specs that still have outstanding workitems for alpha-3?16:39
asaci thought i cleaned them up ... most likely some have still a bad label next to the Work items (...) and hence show up there16:39
ograyeah, the powermanagement spec should be sorted16:40
slangasekhttps://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/mobile-lucid-arm-lightweightbrowser still shows as outstanding16:40
asacslangasek: that has one TODO left ... which is to complete the feature comparison (that isnt really relevant anymore)16:40
slangasekthe "bad labels" are precisely what gets tracked on work item status, so please clean these up :)16:41
asaci can mark that as posponed16:41
slangasekis there a final decision there to ship firefox, then?16:41
asacslangasek: yes.16:41
asacslangasek: unless someone jumps in and forces us ;)16:41
asac(not expected atm)16:42
* slangasek nods16:42
asacso RC Bugs:16:42
asaclist grew a bit this week and we have a few more candidates which wait for verification16:42
asacwe got from a3 testing16:42
asacporting list is not moving as fast as we would like to, but the list is small enough to not to be considered a risk16:43
asacmain point i wanted to rais is the thumb2 rebuild we will now do16:43
asacthats not RC Bugs anymore ;)16:43
asaci will coordinate the final package list with doko who wanted to include libs in that rebuild ... then we will split it up in chunks16:44
slangasekhow soon do you think the rebuilds will start, and how long is it expected to take to finish?16:44
asacand send out an announce to ubuntu-devel before starting ... also i will keep you updated before each batch16:44
asacslangasek: start on monday.16:44
ogra... universe looks bad wrt FTBFS and thumb porting ... would be nice if there would be a MOTU team somehow that would be intrested in arm help16:44
slangasekwhat's the reason for splitting the rebuild into chunks?16:45
asacslangasek: time it will take: thats difficult to estimate. i hope 2- 3 month16:45
asacslangasek: in case we underestimate how long it will take i thought it might be beneficial to not pump everything in one batch16:45
slangasekoh, well, we don't have 3 months before release, even16:46
slangasekso yeah, we wouldn't want to leave a bunch of stuff in the queue still at release time16:46
asacright. thats the idea ... do it in chunks ... so we dont have stuff building when release happens ;)16:46
slangasekis this 2-3 months whole-archive, or just main?16:46
asacor even at milestones (which proabably would hit us hardest)16:46
asacslangasek: sorry 2-3 weeks ;)16:46
seb128you need to rebuild everything?16:46
slangasekthat's saner16:47
asacthats an optimistic estimate16:47
seb128or just thing which didn't get uploaded in lucid?16:47
asacbut it shouldnt take much longer16:47
ograseb128, only stuff that wasnt built yet16:47
slangasekand I guess that's definitely just main, then16:47
asacseb128: just things that were not uploaded16:47
asacslangasek: right. just main16:47
asacwe wont do that for universe this cycle16:47
ograseb128, nothing from your desk for sure :)16:47
asacunless things go really quick and we see that we can push more chunks16:47
slangasekasac: will you cross-check against the list of out-of-date packages, to make sure we're not getting unnecessary reuploads of packages that already FTBFS? http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/testing/lucid_outdate.html16:48
asacseb128: also libs that were build before some date that doko has to give me (there was a toolchain bug we need to wipe)16:48
* asac checks16:48
asacslangasek: yeah we should take that into account16:49
slangasekin the meantime, we should move on, unless there's anything else to cover for Mobile?16:49
asaci will try to get those removed from the list16:49
asacnot from us16:49
slangasek[TOPIC] Kernel Team16:49
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel Team16:49
slangasekasac: thanks16:49
slangasekapw: hi16:49
apwOverall Kernel Team status is summarised at the first URL below, including the items called out in the agenda.  Alpha-3 activity shows 100% complete, I have pushed out a number of items which are highlighted in the release status.  Beta-1 activity is summarised at the second URL below, with those item pushed out shown as At Risk.  Out burndown chart is at the third URL:16:50
apw[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid16:50
apw[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid#Milestone%20ubuntu-10.04-beta-116:50
apw[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-kernel-team.svg16:50
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid16:50
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid#Milestone%20ubuntu-10.04-beta-116:50
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-kernel-team.svg16:50
apwOf the pushed out items most are not critical to the release.  The main issues are well progressed, patches for the readahead scanning are in testing, discussions on builtin modules are in progress, and we hope to have the majority closed out soon.16:50
apwThe bugs picked out in the agenda are progressing well.  The first we have fixes for and they should be uploaded today.  The second is likely fixed by upsteam DRM which are testing at the moment, another stong indicator that we need a drm update in lucid.  Discussion on that should be concluded by early next week.16:50
slangasekis '..' and EOF marker I'm unfamiliar with? :)16:51
slangasek(I guess so!)16:52
slangasekany questions for kernel?16:52
apwheh yeah .. is an EOF  we use that in our meetings sorry!16:52
apwi've updated the first one to fix the pushed items formatting16:52
slangasek[TOPIC] Desktop Team16:53
MootBotNew Topic:  Desktop Team16:53
slangasekapw: thanks16:53
slangasekseb128: hi16:53
* ScottK is here for Kubuntu16:53
=== Nafallo_ is now known as Nafallo
seb128slangasek, hey16:54
seb128status is on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:54
seb128the weekly summary for the team:16:54
seb128desktop-lucid-startup-speed considered done now (pitti still tracking one udisks item)16:54
seb128DX integration: integrated new releases, gnome-power-manager ported to the application-indicator system16:54
seb128OLS integration: rhythmbox music store in main and on by default (but server side not activated yet)16:54
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:54
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:54
seb128Desktop changes: GNOME 2.29.91, gtk client side decoration, new gnome-keyring, gwibber installed by default now (but not autostarted yet)16:54
seb128 16:54
seb128the alpha3 work items are on http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-desktop-team-lucid-alpha-3.html16:55
seb128Overall status: all alpha3 work items done excepted one desktop-lucid-social-from-the-start documentation item which can be delayed to beta;16:55
seb128 16:55
seb128the beta1 list is on http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-desktop-team-ubuntu-10.04-beta-1.html16:56
slangasekseb128: there was also an outstanding workitem for #16:56
seb128(sorry got wireless disconnected and reconnected)16:57
seb128slangasek, the desktop-lucid-new-firefox-support-model items got done I think16:57
slangasekseb128: well, it's not marked as done16:57
seb128(from what pitti told me, checking)16:57
slangasekidentify extensions to be kept in archive - binary components or importance can qualify an extension: TODO16:58
seb128hum, it's not on http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-desktop-team-lucid-alpha-3.html for some reason16:58
slangasekoops :)16:59
seb128asac, ^ do you know about that one?16:59
seb128slangasek, I don't have an answer about this one right now, will check and come back to you later16:59
slangasekseb128: sounds good16:59
slangasek[ACTION] seb128 to check on status of outstanding a3 wi for desktop-lucid-new-firefox-support-model17:00
MootBotACTION received:  seb128 to check on status of outstanding a3 wi for desktop-lucid-new-firefox-support-model17:00
seb128otherwise for beta117:00
seb128    * desktop applications are being ported to the new appindicator systemn around 6 of those changes are waiting for review now or will be soon and should go in lucid before beta-117:00
seb128we should get those done next week17:00
seb128+ we will need extra testing on gtk client side decoration17:01
seb128that's still new technology and could create issues17:01
seb128 17:01
seb128otherwise kubuntu summary is on the wiki too17:01
seb128not sure if somebody from the kubuntu team usually speak for those ;-)17:01
slangasekScottK: anything you want to add regarding Kubuntu?17:02
ScottKFor Kubuntu the main thing is getting kdebindings fixed on armel17:02
ScottKThat's planned for next week.17:02
ScottKWe're also still looking to get the KDE Firefox patches in.17:02
slangasekthat should help clean up http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/testing/lucid_outdate.html :)17:02
ScottKI know asac and Riddell` were working on that, but don't know exactly where se stand.17:02
ScottKWe're dead on armel at the moment17:02
ScottKkoffice is updated to koffice2 in Universe17:03
ScottKWe won't have a koffice in Main this cycle (upstream isn't confident enough)17:03
ScottKRiddell removed kdevelop since it's KDE4 release doesn't happen until May17:03
ScottKWe are very, very close to moving kdelibs (the KDE3 one) to Universe17:04
ScottKThat's it.17:04
slangasekok, thanks17:04
slangasekanyone with questions on desktop?17:05
slangasek[TOPIC] DX Team17:06
MootBotNew Topic:  DX Team17:06
slangasekseb128, ScottK: thanks17:06
slangasekdavidbarth, njpatel: hi17:06
davidbarthhi slangasek17:06
davidbarthso not much to say this week17:06
davidbarthreport at: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/LucidReleaseStatus as usual17:06
njpatelslangasek, hey17:07
davidbarthmostly work on bug fixing system indicators further17:07
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/LucidReleaseStatus17:07
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/LucidReleaseStatus17:07
davidbarthof note, is the actual landing of cs-deco, after some last minute performance issues were solved by seb128 and bratsche17:08
davidbarthoops, the content of the report should be good now; i forgot to save17:08
davidbarthbe sure to relead in a few secoinds17:08
davidbarthfurther bug fixes17:09
davidbarthreminder: use the 'gtk-csd' tag for bugs related to that change17:09
davidbarthdx-lucid-xsplash - further work on that is being postponed to L+117:09
davidbarthdx-lucid-session-menu: #506683 is fixed and released17:09
davidbarthdx-lucid-notifications: we have a patch for the closenotification api in testing right now; should land next week before b117:10
davidbarthwe had not planned to do major releases this week, still tedg made tarballs for 6 of our projects to release more bug fixes17:11
cjwatsondx-lucid-netbook-launcher-startup-speed is marked as todo in foundations-lucid-boot-performance - are you tracking that as well?17:12
davidbarthcjwatson: that part is done as far as we're concerned17:12
davidbarthcjwatson: i should mark it so, unless some stakeholder has a different feedback17:13
slangasekdavidbarth: I gather from emails that foundations-lucid-gfxboot-update is still blocked on having the new graphics, can we talk about this?17:14
davidbarthcjwatson: hmm, actually, let me check that again, as i haven't seen recent charts with the results of netbook-launcher17:14
cjwatsondavidbarth: it's only supposed to be marked done once it's been confirmed as hitting its budget17:14
davidbarthcjwatson: as a reminder for next week, ie there should be no regressions17:14
cjwatsonslangasek,davidbarth: I'll cover that in our section - we revisited that with the design team today17:14
cjwatsonand we're going to take a different approach17:14
davidbarthcjwatson: right, so let's put that as an action item for me for next week17:14
davidbarthslangasek: yes, the new graphics are blocked17:15
davidbarthcjwatson: ah ok fine17:15
cjwatson(no disrespect intended etc., new plan just seems more viable)17:16
slangasekanything else on DX?17:16
slangasek[ACTION] davidbarth to check on budget status of dx-lucid-netbook-launcher-startup-speed17:17
MootBotACTION received:  davidbarth to check on budget status of dx-lucid-netbook-launcher-startup-speed17:17
slangasek[TOPIC] Foundations Team17:18
MootBotNew Topic:  Foundations Team17:18
slangasekdavidbarth: thanks17:18
cjwatson[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid17:18
cjwatson[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-foundations-ubuntu-10.04-beta-1.html17:18
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid17:18
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-foundations-ubuntu-10.04-beta-1.html17:18
cjwatsonBeta-1 work items are mostly composed of deferrals from alpha-3 (the alpha-3 list should be at zero after the next refresh), so there are several specs there with one or two tail-end work items to tidy up.17:18
cjwatson(and sorry I hadn't cleaned up the alpha-3 list before now)17:18
cjwatsonBoot speed doing well, with kernel+plumbing+X down to 6 seconds on reference hardware.17:18
cjwatsonparted 2.1 migration in progress, following FFe.  With a little bit of partman work on top, this will give us non-512-byte sector support and better alignment, so should hopefully clear up a lot of "doesn't wor17:18
cjwatsonk with Windows 7" bugs.17:18
cjwatsonPlymouth still a hot button; lots of bugs related to that.17:18
cjwatsonThe plugin migration in ubiquity has been a bit rough, and we're knocking off bugs related to that as fast as possible.  They're mostly small.17:18
cjwatsonWe need a volunteer to clear up the rest of foundations-lucid-supportable-binaries.17:18
cjwatsonJava and X versions still need to be confirmed for foundations-lucid-release-collaboration-with-debian.17:19
cjwatsonfoundations-lucid-gfxboot-update discussed with design team today.  Backing off from previous pre-greeter approach, which was going to take too long to polish up UI-wise, and planning to use ubiquity's language selector instead; this will involve a lot less new code.17:19
cjwatsonStill a number of software-center tasks open, but the list is beginning to look under control.17:19
slangasekI had volunteered to follow through on foundations-lucid-supportable-binaries, it's just been getting pushed down the stack by other fires17:19
cjwatsonok, shall I assign the remaining work items to you?17:20
slangasekgfxboot-update> doesn't that mean we have the problem of the UI not being translated in the live env?17:20
cjwatsonno, it shouldn't do - standalone ubiquity language selector -> try/install choice -> if you select try, starts live env17:21
cjwatsonif you select install, continues17:21
slangasekoh, ok17:21
slangasekneat, then :)17:22
cjwatsonthis is all from discussion today, but I'm feeling a lot happier about it after that17:22
slangasekall looks sane to me - anything else on Foundations?17:23
cjwatsonwe're mostly hunkering down for bugfixing now, I think.17:24
slangasek[TOPIC] Security Team17:24
MootBotNew Topic:  Security Team17:24
slangasekcjwatson: thanks17:24
slangasekjdstrand: hi17:24
jdstrandyou can see our status here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid17:25
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid17:25
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid17:25
jdstrandas far as dev work is concerned, we were done with alpha-3 stuff last week. that did not change this week :)17:25
jdstrandand the team as a whole worked on security stuff in stable releases this past week, so nothing new to report17:26
slangasekphew :)17:26
jdstrandthat's pretty much it17:26
slangasekanything of concern for beta1?17:27
slangasekok, cool17:27
jdstrandwe are in bug fixing mode17:27
slangasek[TOPIC] MOTU17:27
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU17:27
slangasekjdstrand: thanks17:27
jdstrandthe bps that are left are either not dependent on a milestone or are bug fixes17:27
* sistpoty|work waves17:27
ScottKsistpoty|work: You around?17:27
slangasekScottK, sistpoty|work: hi17:27
ScottKsistpoty|work: You go first17:27
sistpoty|workwe got a haskell and an ocaml transition waiting to be finished17:28
sistpoty|workLaney tracks haskell, and makes good progress afaict17:28
ScottKocaml is making progress too (I see the bug reports)17:28
sistpoty|workocaml is also tracked, could need some more people uploading rebuilds17:28
slangasekocaml I've been seeing bug reports for; haskell I have not - perhaps because there are no FFes needed there?17:29
sistpoty|workothers than that, FFe handling started quite smooth17:29
slangasekI could take some ocaml rebuilds, where's the list?17:29
* sistpoty|work looks17:29
ScottKWatching the Debian Python 2.6 tranisition work, I'm a little nervous about our status, but don't have specifics.17:30
sistpoty|workbug #52607317:31
ubottuLaunchpad bug 526073 in xstr "[OCaml 3.11.2 transition][round 3/6] Please rebuild packages involved in OCaml transition (universe)" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/52607317:31
slangaseksistpoty|work: thanks17:32
sistpoty|workothers than that, thanks for driving motu-release <-> ubuntu-release merge, slangasek17:32
slangasekScottK: python> you're concerned about latent bugs in Ubuntu's python 2.6 that aren't getting picked up?17:32
ScottKslangasek: Yes.17:32
antihackeranyone know what axel.dav is.17:32
slangasekScottK: what are the chances those bugs were marked release-critical in Debian?17:33
ScottKslangasek: Once we get a little further along we should have another look at sync/merge candidates17:33
* slangasek nods17:33
ScottKslangasek: Some, but many are just getting fixed without bugs being filed17:33
slangasekScottK: yep, figured17:33
ScottKI'm sure once python2.6 is default in Debian we'll get more17:34
slangasekScottK: at what point further along should we review the sync/merges for python?17:34
antihackeranyone know what axel.dav is?   low level format access violation  DAV17:34
ScottKantihacker: You're in the wrong channel17:34
antihackerk, sorry17:34
ScottKslangasek: Let's say two weeks.  Not sure really.17:34
slangasek[ACTION] ScottK, slangasek to review python sync/merge candidates ~Mar 1217:35
MootBotACTION received:  ScottK, slangasek to review python sync/merge candidates ~Mar 1217:35
slangaseknoted :)17:35
slangasekanything else to discuss?17:35
ScottKNot from me17:36
slangasek[TOPIC] AOB17:36
sistpoty|workdon't think so17:36
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB17:36
slangaseksistpoty|work, ScottK: thanks, as always17:36
slangasekanything else someone wants to cover here today?17:36
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:37.17:37
slangasekthanks, folks!17:37
marjoslangasek: thx17:39
=== edsoncanto is now known as ecanto
=== ecanto is now known as edson
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== Tonio__ is now known as Tonio_
=== robbiew is now known as robbiew_
=== bladernr_ is now known as bladernr-away

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!