=== nhandler_ is now known as nhandler
=== bjf is now known as bjf-afk
=== Tonio__ is now known as Tonio_
* ogra waves12:57
czajkowskiogra: morning :)12:57
* cooloney_ waves at ogra 13:00
MootBotMeeting started at 07:00. The chair is NCommander.13:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]13:00
NCommandermorning all13:00
ograwow, thats on the second13:00
* StevenK waits for the wiki to damn well less13:00
* ericm_ types to see if he's banned13:01
ogrado we know if asac JamieBennett davidm or anmar will attend ?13:01
ogra(i know its unlikely)13:01
NCommander[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2010/2010030213:02
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2010/2010030213:02
* NCommander doesn't know13:02
GrueMasterI thought davidm said no.13:02
NCommander[topic] Action Item Review13:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Action Item Review13:02
ograis everyone here ?13:03
ogra(roll call would help)13:03
NCommanderif your not here, say I13:03
persiaThat's the right attitude :)13:03
NCommander[topic] Roll Call13:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Roll Call13:03
* StevenK lounges back in his chair and throws spitballs at NCommander 13:03
persiaRoll calls imply we have a known set of attendees.13:03
ograwith a straw ?13:03
NCommanderpersia: there's a semi-regular group that can be assumed to be here?13:04
jussi01Im here! :D13:04
persiaWell, yeah.  Like jussi01 :)13:04
* GrueMaster runs to the just finished coffee pot for an intravenous injection.13:04
* ericm_ makes some noise13:04
NCommanderasac, dyfet, JamieBennett, ericm_ping13:04
StevenKWhy do you need to ping ericm_ when he's been jumping up and down for minutes?13:05
NCommanderStevenK: I thought he made a slight noise just before I pressed enter :-P13:05
ograbecause he's michael :)13:05
ericm_guess cooloney is also here13:05
ograanyway, sounds like we should get started13:06
NCommanderEveryone who has an Action Item has been pinged13:06
NCommander[topic] Action Item Revier13:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Action Item Revier13:06
NCommanderI'll skip action items for non present people and c/o them13:06
NCommander[topic] NCommander to link power management spec to dove bugs13:06
MootBotNew Topic:  NCommander to link power management spec to dove bugs13:06
ograreally ?13:06
NCommander[topic] GrueMaster to produce a daily report on image testing and add that to the weekly meeting page13:06
MootBotNew Topic:  GrueMaster to produce a daily report on image testing and add that to the weekly meeting page13:06
* persia notes that the action items may not be entirely complete, having been based on vague readings of logs rather than actual minutes or anything13:06
NCommanderogra: yeah, I linked the spec to the bugs during the last meeting13:07
GrueMasterNot really enough time to work and write about it.13:07
GrueMasteron a daily basis.13:07
NCommander[topic] ogra to produce a rootstock test plan13:07
MootBotNew Topic:  ogra to produce a rootstock test plan13:07
ograNCommander, the last time you touched the spec page was jan 4th13:07
plarsGrueMaster: if there's some way I can help, let me know13:08
NCommanderogra: on Launchpad?13:08
ograNCommander, implemented and announced last meeting13:08
ograNCommander, yes13:08
NCommanderogra: https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/mobile-lucid-arm-per-soc-powermanagement - I see Dove bugs13:08
ograNCommander, there is a "link bug report" link on the spec page13:08
ograyes, the two i added ages ago13:08
NCommandertwo, there are four on there13:09
ograthe workitem was about the other bugs that were brought up last meeting13:09
* ogra wonders why thats not in the change history of the spec then if NCommander added them last week13:09
NCommanderogra: LP bug? I don't think I've ever seen linking bugs in history now that I think of it13:10
ograhmm, seems you are right13:11
ograLP should notify about such changes13:11
ograanyway, feel free to ignore me then :)13:11
NCommander[action] ogra to file a bug on LP not tracking bug links to blueprints or sending emails13:11
MootBotACTION received:  ogra to file a bug on LP not tracking bug links to blueprints or sending emails13:11
ograheh, thanks13:11
NCommanderogra: all is forgiven :-)13:11
NCommanderogra: so rootstock test plan?13:12
ograyes, announced last meeting13:12
ograi dont know why its on the list13:12
ogra(its also in my AR if you scroll down :) )13:13
NCommanderogra: heh :-). Can I move on?13:13
ograand strike it please :)13:13
NCommander[topic] NCommander to investigate KDE FTBFS issues.13:13
MootBotNew Topic:  NCommander to investigate KDE FTBFS issues.13:13
NCommanderThe underlying problem is its broken.13:13
ograno, really ? :)13:13
NCommanderogra: :-P13:14
NCommanderSomeone going to have to sitdown with gdb and determine why smoke is going up in smoke with segfault13:14
persiaDid dropping smoke fix it?13:14
NCommanderpersia: no one has implemented dropping smoke13:14
NCommanderpersia: since bindings realy likes that package13:14
persiaI thought we agreed to do that at the last meeting.13:14
persiaDoes dropping it just plain not work?13:14
NCommanderpersia: I brought it up in kubuntu-dev, but I didn' tmake enough noise and failed to follow up13:15
persiaACTION yourself again :p13:15
NCommander[action] NCommander to investigate KDE FTBFS issues.13:15
MootBotACTION received:  NCommander to investigate KDE FTBFS issues.13:15
persiaHaving KDE working is essential for liquid (even if we're mostly stuck to lucid+1 stuff)13:16
NCommanderpersia: I'm aware, but my spare cycles wer very limited last week13:16
NCommander[topic] Team to add individual summaries to standing items before meetings13:16
MootBotNew Topic:  Team to add individual summaries to standing items before meetings13:16
* ogra managed this time \o/13:16
NCommandersorry, wrong action item13:17
* NCommander started reading from the wrong meeting page13:17
* NCommander is *not* awake this morning13:17
StevenKYou seem to be typing a lot for someone who is sleeping13:17
ograand i was wondering about the rootsdtock testplan13:17
NCommander[topic] everyone to move work items not finished for alpha-3 to ubnutu-10.04-beta-113:18
MootBotNew Topic:  everyone to move work items not finished for alpha-3 to ubnutu-10.04-beta-113:18
ograStevenK, probably persia borrowed him his brain inerface and he is dreaming the meeting ?13:18
* persia really needs to figure out DKMS and get drivers in the archive for that13:18
NCommanderogra: if I start dreaming about our IRC meetings, I have larger problems13:18
ograso are there any outstanding specs for the above ?13:19
* NCommander moved his13:19
* ogra knows his specs are up to date13:19
GrueMasterPossibly lsb porting spec.13:20
persiaWe should move that :)13:20
* persia goes to do so13:20
GrueMasterStill working with Linux Foundation on it.13:20
NCommanderAny objection if I move on?13:20
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-mobile-ubuntu-10.04-beta-1.html13:20
ogra(the link on the wiki still points to A3)13:20
NCommander[topic] NCommander to create wiki page to track actions taken to evaluate ooo/uno issues13:21
MootBotNew Topic:  NCommander to create wiki page to track actions taken to evaluate ooo/uno issues13:21
ograwhere is it ?13:21
NCommanderogra: my mind13:21
NCommanderStill have to do this although i did touch the LP bug with a better overview of the problem13:21
ogrause persia's brain interface and dump it13:21
NCommanderogra: I much rather use his brain interface to rm all memories involved to OOo's internals13:22
NCommander[topic] StevenK and persia to ensure that xubuntu- ubuntu- images are not produced for armel anymore13:22
persiaIf I might mention, the BCI 1) doesn't have working input drivers, and 2) is kinda slow for typing if you have working hands.13:22
MootBotNew Topic:  StevenK and persia to ensure that xubuntu- ubuntu- images are not produced for armel anymore13:22
ograthat wont create a wikipage :)13:22
persiaStevenK is good at that.13:23
persiaWe now only build three images for armel: kubuntu-netbook, ubuntu-netbook, ubuntu-server13:23
* NCommander pictures StevenK's as a grim repear bringing death to these images13:23
StevenKWe now only build {k,}ubuntu-netbook and ubuntu-server13:23
* StevenK pulls out his hood and scythe13:23
NCommander[topic] StevenK and persia to also get rid of kubuntu-desktop aka everything != server13:24
MootBotNew Topic:  StevenK and persia to also get rid of kubuntu-desktop aka everything != server13:24
StevenKLike we said, done, damn it13:24
NCommander[topic] everyone to try rootstock GUI once its in the archive13:24
MootBotNew Topic:  everyone to try rootstock GUI once its in the archive13:24
* NCommander failed :-/13:24
ograthe good one isnt uploaded yet :)13:24
* persia tried but not in the right test window.13:24
StevenKWe're all off the hook13:24
persiaAh, good.  Then my last try was up-to-date :)13:24
ograi'll upload today or tomorrow13:25
NCommander[topic] Standing Items13:25
MootBotNew Topic:  Standing Items13:25
* ogra is still trying to figure out why qemu hangs 13:25
NCommander[link] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-mobile.html13:25
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-mobile.html13:25
NCommanderogra: with mono or?13:25
StevenKAnd then I'll have ogra poking me, I guess13:25
ograNCommander, nope13:26
NCommander[link] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-mobile-lucid-beta-1.html13:26
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-mobile-lucid-beta-1.html13:26
NCommanderogra: run qemu-arm in strace mode and see what syscall it hangs in and which arguments13:26
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-mobile-ubuntu-10.04-beta-1.html13:26
ogra(wrong link)13:26
ograNCommander, its qemu-system-arm13:26
ograqemu-arm is fine13:26
persiaThere's a clear failure-to-update happening.13:27
NCommander[link] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-mobile-ubuntu-10.04-beta-1.html13:27
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-mobile-ubuntu-10.04-beta-1.html13:27
ograthe chart looks pretty bad13:27
ogramainly jamie and asac's fault though13:28
ograi think the stuff to close the workitems is in the works13:28
plarsthere are far fewer work items on it than there were for alpha 3 though13:28
NCommanderOn our overall burn down chart for Lucid, we're looking kinda happy13:28
ograyeah, but overall doesnt intrest the release team13:29
ograasac gets whacked on friday if we dont get it down a bit13:29
ograso anyone who can make it look better, please do :)13:29
NCommanderAnyone mind if I move on?13:30
NCommander[topic] Kernel Status (cooloney, ericm)13:30
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel Status (cooloney, ericm)13:30
cooloney_for imx5113:31
cooloney_no much big change13:31
cooloney_we just back ported ppoll patch into fsl-imx5113:31
cooloney_and need some one to test it13:31
cooloney_for USB bug, i think it is not fsl-imx51 specific13:32
cooloney_it also affects x86 running lucid13:32
ograthe regulator stuff is still open though13:32
ogradidnt you merge the new BSP ?13:32
cooloney_ogra: yeah, that patch broke my kernel13:32
cooloney_ogra: a new BSP?13:33
ograits the last one for lucid13:33
ogratheir next release is planned for mid april iirc13:33
cooloney_i guess I reported that in the mobile meeting last week13:33
ograah, k13:33
ograsorry then :)13:33
cooloney_ogra: np13:33
cooloney_so for next release13:34
cooloney_we won't apply BSP updates ?13:34
ograor possibly SRU stuff if we find big nugs13:34
cooloney_because it is close to release13:34
cooloney_ok, got you13:34
GrueMasterYes, nugs are bad too.  :P13:34
ograoohh yeah13:34
cooloney_ogra: and please raise the regulator issue when you talk with fsl13:35
* NCommander pokes ericm_ with a stick13:35
ericm_for dove no change yet - Marvell has made another drop of patchset which are largely Android support with some fixes, review still in progress13:35
ogracooloney_, i will ... tonight13:35
ograericm_, any chance we get the powermanagement bugs closed before freeze ?13:35
ericm_and I'm working on several new bugs on Dove13:35
ericm_ogra, I supposed so13:36
ogra(sicne they show up on the charts)13:36
ericm_ogra, suspend/resume seems work fine on my new x013:36
ericm_plars, GrueMaster, you may comment on those two dove bugs13:37
ograthen close the remaining bugs :)13:37
ericm_what I'd bring to this meeting is the kexec issue13:37
ericm_two workarounds from my POV, one in kernel and one in kexec-tools13:37
plarsericm_: which ones, the ones we talked about last night?13:37
GrueMasterNew bug filed yesterday is somewhat critical.  launching mplayer causes dove to go into a kernel panic, locking the system.13:37
cooloney_right, I am also working on this with eric's help13:37
ericm_plars, suspend/resume13:38
ericm_plars, it works on my X0 dove, not sure from your side13:38
ogracooloney_, ericm_, note that kexec is just a nice to have at this point ... the open bugs are more important13:38
plarsinteresting... so if anyone else can verify that would be good13:38
ericm_GrueMaster, I know - that's why I'm working on that13:38
ericm_ogra, understood13:38
ubottuLaunchpad bug 530432 in linux-mvl-dove "suspend with sd card inserted fails to suspend, hangs, and loses USB" [Undecided,New]13:38
GrueMasterYou asked me to report on it.13:39
plarsis the bug we are talking about13:39
ericm_plars, yeah - I mean normal suspend/resume without SD13:39
ericm_plars, 530432 is another bug I think13:39
plarsericm_: oh, sure, normal suspend/resume works for me13:39
ericm_bug 51681113:39
ubottuLaunchpad bug 516811 in linux-mvl-dove "[dove] system hangs with resume after suspend" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/51681113:39
plarsericm_: right, that one was closed already13:40
ericm_plars, ok13:40
plarsI marked it fixed back on 02/2413:40
ericm_hibernation still doesn't work with smoking test13:41
NCommanderSo anything else to report on kernel status? Time is getting short13:41
ericm_ogra, so yes at least lucid-beta should be able to use suspend/resume (without SD of cuz)13:41
ograwhat are the plans for fixes after freeze ?13:42
ogradoes ARM also fall under the SRU model the kernel team plans ?13:42
ericm_ogra, I think ARM is little bit different, we are a little bit more flexible to merge patches from vendors13:43
ogragreat, that was what i was hoping to hear13:43
NCommanderericm_: cooloney_anything elsemajor to report?13:44
ericm_not strictly following SRU13:44
* NCommander really doesn't want to run over13:44
ericm_nothing from me13:44
cooloney_NCommander: nothing from my side now13:44
NCommander[topic] ARM Application status (JamieBennett, dyfet)13:44
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Application status (JamieBennett, dyfet)13:44
ogradyfet, ??13:44
plarsno qa status?13:45
ograyeah, right13:45
plarsI posted part of it, but I don't know if maybe GrueMaster has something to add13:45
dyfetqa status?13:45
GrueMasterI can, but not much.13:45
* NCommander hiccuped13:45
GrueMasterPretty much the same as in my AR.13:45
plarsI updated status on the meeting page, but to quickly recap: we got good coverage on iso tracker tests but could always use more eyes, please spend a cycle testing an image or two if you have hardware when we hit these milestones, Suspend/resume blueprint is ready for use (let me know if you find any problems) and has already exposed several bugs (lp:~pwlars/checkbox/checkbox-susres)13:46
NCommander[topic] QA Status (GrueMaster, plars)13:46
MootBotNew Topic:  QA Status (GrueMaster, plars)13:46
NCommanderanything else here?13:47
dyfetoh in arm app status, we had another arm porting meeting, and submitted fixes for gmp13:47
GrueMasterI've done some extensive bluetooth testing on imx51 so far.  No issues with file transfer mode.13:47
NCommander[topic] ARM Application status (JamieBennett, dyfet)13:48
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Application status (JamieBennett, dyfet)13:48
cooloney_GrueMaster: great13:48
NCommanderany objectoinis I mov eon?13:48
GrueMasterI thought you had.13:48
NCommander[topic] ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, dyfet)13:48
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, dyfet)13:48
ograhe is not sure where he is moving to13:49
dyfetah :)...I am off sync this morning.  Too little coffee :)13:49
dyfetBut we did have another arm minisprint last week13:49
* ogra added his questions to the wiki for that topic13:49
ograis that all for app-status ?13:50
dyfetwell, we did get gmp updated13:50
ograyes, you said so above :)13:50
NCommander[topic] ARM Image Status (ogra, persia)13:51
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Image Status (ogra, persia)13:51
ograNCommander, err13:51
ograFTBFS ?13:51
persiaSo, the server image built great!13:51
ogranetbook too apart from out-of-sync ness13:51
persiaUbuntu netbook needs evolution to be less skewed (should be sorted tomorrow)13:51
persiaKubuntu netbook needs help13:51
* persia blames NCommander 13:51
* StevenK does too13:51
ograi dont think we need to repeat here whats written on the wiki13:51
* StevenK blames NCommander for lots of things13:51
* NCommander wonders who doesn't13:52
persiaNext topic :)13:52
* ogra only blames NCommander for skipping FTBFS status13:52
NCommander[topic] Blaming NCommander for Stuff13:52
MootBotNew Topic:  Blaming NCommander for Stuff13:52
NCommanderogra: I didn't :-P13:52
GrueMasterI'm trying to get some outside help for the kde issues.13:52
ograi didnt see you talking about it13:52
NCommander[topic] Any Other Business13:52
MootBotNew Topic:  Any Other Business13:52
ograthere are questions on the wiki13:52
ograand i'd like an answer13:52
ograwhich is why i added them13:53
NCommanderogra: likewise is still pending validation, I worked with gruemaster on getting a windows box up to test on ARM, but no new progress on this front13:53
GrueMasterI am ramping up on likewise testing.13:53
RiddellGrueMaster: which issues?  which outside help?13:53
ogradyfet, can you take over investigation of the squid issue ?13:53
GrueMasterRiddell: The ftbfs issues.13:53
ograNCommander, did the patch get forwarded to server team (like i'm asking since about 6 weeks)13:53
ogradid they review the code changes and comment on them13:54
persiaogra: Only 3: be fair13:54
NCommanderogra: I was directed to working with likewise, as I said. Things got stuck in legal for a bit13:54
ograpersia, sprint was only 3 weeks ago ?13:54
persiaogra: According to my calendar, yes.13:54
ograpersia, sorry but i'm getting impatient on this its a simple bug and subscribing the server team to it13:55
NCommanderogra: yeah, plus I've had higher NMIs :-/13:55
dyfetogra: yes13:55
NCommanderogra: I *told* you during the sprint the server team was forwaded13:55
GrueMastersame with my calendar.13:55
persiaogra: Understood.  Just seeking accuracy of complaint.13:55
NCommanderand I told you I was working with likewise on this, its been dep-wait validation13:55
ograNCommander, i didnt see a code review of your patch from anyone from them on your bug13:55
NCommanderogra: its been over email unfortnately13:55
ograplease ask them if the intrusive changes your patch makes are ok13:55
NCommanderogra: what intrusive changes?13:56
ograand ask them to comment on the bug where the patch is attached13:56
NCommanderogra: the patch has to be validated against a Windows server installation to confirm it works, then it will be merged upstream13:56
ograwe can discuss details offline, i'm simply asking you to get a public comment from the server team since the sprint13:56
GrueMasterSomething I hope to accomplish in the next couple of days.13:56
ogracant be that hard, can it ?13:57
NCommanderogra: you never said public, I've been talking with them on it on IRC.13:57
ograi asked you to subscribe them to the bug and do the conversation on the bug13:57
* ogra sighs13:57
ogralets move on13:57
ograthat takes to much time13:57
GrueMasterogra: ever set up a Windows Active Directory Server before?13:57
ograGrueMaster, to review some code changes ?13:57
GrueMasterTo ensure they work.13:58
GrueMasterI can write code changes.  They won't do much good without testing though.13:58
ograGrueMaster, i dont care if they have been tested, i want to have them approved first by the package maintainers13:58
NCommanderogra: look, if you want likewise, take it over. I'm merging this against upstream directly to make sure we don't ge t non-working binaries with our patch.13:58
ograNCommander, all i'm askinf for since weeks is to make the conversation public on the bug and involve the server team in the bug13:59
ogranothing more13:59
NCommanderogra: the bug been posted, and the server team been informed13:59
ograi dont care about tech details13:59
ogracan you please makje sure that goes on the bug14:00
NCommanderanything else w.r.t. to ABO anyone wants to bring up?14:00
ogra(the conversation and approval for the code changes from them)14:00
NCommanderelse I'd like to close out the meeting14:00
MootBotMeeting finished at 08:00.14:00
ograthere is a topic under AOB14:00
* ogra curses anbd goes aflk14:00
NCommanderogra: we wer eon AOB14:01
=== robbiew_ is now known as robbiew
cjwatsonanyone else here for the DMB meeting?15:01
showardI am (applicant)15:01
cjwatsonI have to leave early, I'm afraid, no later than 15:35 UTC15:01
persiastgraber: Aren't you chair this time?15:02
didrocksI am too (applicant2)15:03
cjwatsonnixternal,soren: ping?15:03
cjwatsonno cody-somerville, no geser15:03
cjwatsoncome on, I'm not going to back-seat chair this :)15:04
cjwatsonsorry about this, showard and didrocks15:07
cjwatsonthe meeting time hasn't changed AFAIK so I'm not sure what's up15:07
didrockscjwatson: not a problem, I still can live with sponsoring :)15:08
persiadidrocks: Thanks for your patience.15:08
showardIs it possible to review my app over email?15:08
cjwatsonwe may be able to do that if we're not quorate in the meeting15:08
cjwatsonthough we always prefer to do it interactively if we can15:09
persiacjwatson: Shall we call ourselves unquorate at :15 if we don't get any others?15:09
* soren wanders in15:09
cjwatsonthanks, soren - we need at least one more15:09
cjwatsonpersia: yes, I think we'll have to15:09
showardok, I'll try to make the next meeting then15:10
sorenSorry about being late. The calendar that was supposed to remind me about this meeting went missing two days ago :)15:10
persiasoren: geser: either of you up for chairing in stgraber's absence?15:10
sorenI have a phone call at 15:30.15:10
cjwatsonshoward: looking at your wiki page, I think there's enough information there that we ought to be able to vote offline15:10
cjwatsonah, but geser has made it, ok15:11
cjwatsonI have a hard stop at 15:35.15:11
MootBotMeeting started at 09:11. The chair is persia.15:11
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]15:11
persia(since nobody else seemed to want to chair)15:11
* soren hugs persia 15:11
persia[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/Agenda15:11
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/Agenda15:11
persia[TOPIC] Action Item Review15:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Action Item Review15:12
persia[TOPIC] ScottK to start discussion on future of MOTU Council among its constituency (MOTU)15:12
MootBotNew Topic:  ScottK to start discussion on future of MOTU Council among its constituency (MOTU)15:12
persiaI started such discussions to avoid further delay.15:12
persia[TOPIC] persia to gather votes from absent members by email15:12
MootBotNew Topic:  persia to gather votes from absent members by email15:12
persiaI completely failed to do this and will send an email at the conclusion of this meeting15:12
persia[TOPIC] Ubuntu Contributing Developer Application for Scott Howard (showard314)15:13
MootBotNew Topic:  Ubuntu Contributing Developer Application for Scott Howard (showard314)15:13
persia[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScottHoward/ContributingDeveloperApplication15:13
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScottHoward/ContributingDeveloperApplication15:13
showard(if you're pressed on time, you can do ddrocks first, he's more important)15:13
cjwatsonmight as well go in order15:13
cjwatsonI've been looking through your page while we waited, it's more fleshed out than I'd expected for a universe-contributor app (which is good!)15:14
cjwatsonYou seem to be doing pretty well so far, from everything I can tell; what are you planning as your next steps?15:14
geserbut a little sparse with endorsements15:14
showardNext step is to finish going through the motu-science list, we were able to get all but 6 out of 600 packages up to date for lucid15:15
showardwe fixed a bunch of library problems that should allow a few more to go15:15
showardbut for now it's bug fixing15:16
showardlong term is to eventually go for MOTU15:16
persiashoward: You say that you feel "alone" when working on some stuff.  Do you find the IRC channels insufficiently active, or just not related to your areas of work?15:17
showardThat was something I felt while working on GPM bugs, I was getting help when needed from IRC - but it was just Richard Hughes (the GPM author) and I working through a lot of bugs15:18
showardBut once we got closer to beta, pitti helped a lot15:19
showardHowever, once I moved to "universe" bugs - the sponsorship help has been great15:20
persiaAnyone have further questions?15:20
cjwatsonnot I15:20
persia[VOTE] Approve Scott Howard for Contributing Developer15:22
MootBotPlease vote on:  Approve Scott Howard for Contributing Developer.15:22
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot15:22
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting15:22
MootBot+1 received from soren. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 115:22
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 215:22
persia+1 Lovely workd15:22
MootBot+1 received from persia. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 315:22
MootBot+1 received from geser. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 415:22
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 415:22
persiaCongratulations showard, and Welcome.15:22
persia[TOPiC] Ubuntu Core Developer Application for Didier Roche (didrocks)15:23
MootBotNew Topic:  Ubuntu Core Developer Application for Didier Roche (didrocks)15:23
persia[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DidierRoche/CoreDevApplication15:23
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DidierRoche/CoreDevApplication15:23
geserBoth didrocks and echidnaman (who isn't on the agenda for an unknown reason) mention problems with upload rights and package sets. IMHO this should be fixed if it's buggy and not worked around by becoming core-dev (but this shouldn't count against the applicants).15:23
didrockshey o/15:23
* ogra cheers for didrocks 15:23
persiaogra: Go add an endorsement to the wiki :)15:24
didrocksogra: still time ;)15:24
ograi havent sponsored a thing for him :)15:24
cjwatsongeser: I agree that it's a problem, although it's conceptually difficult15:25
cjwatsonbut it's on my unfiled bug list15:25
cjwatsonthere's a tension between how much we want the ubuntu-desktop team to be able to change anything in the Ubuntu desktop, and how much we want to avoid them accidentally breaking other flavours, and that tension is the basic source of the problems15:26
cjwatson(after all, if we knew they wouldn't break other flavours, they'd be core-dev ... :-) )15:26
persiadidrocks: When working with packages that affect other flavours, what is the most complicated issue in ensuring they work for everyone?15:26
cjwatsonanyway.  my wife points out that I miscalculated my stop time and I need to go and pick the child up from school :-(15:27
persiaAnd soren leaves in 3.15:27
didrockspersia: right, as you saw, I work very closely with the xubuntu guys in particular, for the default session thing15:27
persiadidrocks: Apologies, but we won't be able to complete your applcation this time.  Do you wish us to try to continue by email, or come back in two weeks?15:27
cjwatsonplease consider this my +1 in advance of the formal vote; I have worked with didrocks on a few occasions, enough to be confident15:28
didrockspersia: as you want :)15:28
didrockscjwatson: thanks15:28
persiasoren: Do you want to register a vote in advance (privately or publically) as well?15:28
sorenpersia: Sure. I've seen enough of didrocks' work to be happy to +1 him.15:29
* didrocks hugs soren as well :)15:29
persiaIn that case, we might be able to finish this application :)15:29
* soren leaves for another meeting15:29
didrockspersia: so, I continue on the "consider deriatives" :)15:30
persiadidrocks: Sorry for the interruption.  Please continue about cross-flavour issues.15:30
didrocksyeah, as I told, I tried to work closely and consider derivatives first. That's why I work on the multisession thing in gdm to enable to install more than one flavor (it wasn't possible to install both xubuntu and mythbuntu on karmic, for instance)15:30
didrocksand I have good friends in xubuntu community, so most of the time I've speaking with them if I feel a change can break them15:31
didrocksalso, I'm now responible of UNE, which is a derivative finally :)15:31
persiaflavour :)15:31
didrocksso, I put even more consideration on that15:31
didrocksright, flavour :)15:31
didrocksdo I need to develop more?15:32
persiadidrocks: So you mostly just test stuff in several flavours to ensure others aren't affected?15:34
didrockspersia: for things that I consider that may break other flavours, yes15:34
didrocks(like changing something in Xsession.d, gdm)15:35
persiageser: Anything?15:35
geserno questions15:36
persia[VOTE] Approve Didier Roche for Ubuntu Core Developer15:36
MootBotPlease vote on:  Approve Didier Roche for Ubuntu Core Developer.15:36
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot15:36
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting15:36
MootBot+1 received from geser. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 115:37
persia+1 I can't find anything useful to critique in recent core uploads, which isn't always true for long-term core-devs.  Nice and careful work15:37
MootBot+1 received from persia. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 215:37
persiaAnd +2 from before15:37
MootBotFinal result is 2 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 215:37
persiadidrocks: Congratulations, and Welcome!15:37
didrocksthanks persia and geser \o/15:37
persiaechidnaman doesn't appear to be present, which is extra handy as we no longer have quorum.15:38
persia[TOPIC] AOB15:38
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB15:38
persiaAnyone have anything that can usefully be brought to 2/7 of the DMB?15:39
persia[TOPIC] Select a chair for the next meeting15:40
MootBotNew Topic:  Select a chair for the next meeting15:40
persiageser: Are you up for volunteering for that?15:40
* persia doesn't really want to do three in a row15:40
geserI'm (if my university schedule permits it which I still have to look at)15:41
persiaOK.  We'll punt that to email then.15:41
MootBotMeeting finished at 09:41.15:41
didrocksthanks everyone :)15:41
=== bjf-afk is now known as bjf
=== Mamarok_ is now known as Mamarok
=== randa-lunch is now known as randa_
* smb looks around16:59
bjfRoll Call16:59
* apw lands gracefully on the edge of your window16:59
* smb is impressed with apw's skill16:59
apwi thank you16:59
MootBotMeeting started at 11:00. The chair is bjf.17:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]17:00
bjf[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting17:00
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting17:00
bjf[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid17:00
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid17:00
bjfNOTE: '..' indicates that you are finished with your input.17:00
bjfNOTE: JFo is not joining us today. However, I have his data for the topics he is responsible for.17:00
bjf[TOPIC] Open Action Item: None17:00
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Action Item: None17:00
bjf[TOPIC] Release Metrics: (JFo)17:00
MootBotNew Topic:  Release Metrics: (JFo)17:00
bjfRelease Meeting Bugs (2 bugs, 0 blueprints)17:01
bjfBeta 1 Milestoned Bugs (62 bugs against all packages ())17:01
bjf * 8 linux kernel bugs ()17:01
bjf * 1 linux-fsl-imx51 bugs ()17:01
bjf * 1 linux-ec2 bug ()17:01
bjf * 0 linux-mvl-dove bugs ()17:01
bjfRelease Targeted Bugs (164 bugs against all packages (up 27))17:01
bjf * 18 linux kernel bugs (up 3)17:01
bjf * 1 linux-fsl-imx51 bugs (down 2)17:01
bjf * 1 linux-ec2 bug (up 1)17:01
bjf * 0 linux-mvl-dove bugs (down 1)17:01
bjfMilestoned Features -17:01
bjf * 0 blueprints17:01
bjf=== Bugs with Patches Attached:110 (not counting Fix Committed)(down 2)17:01
bjfBreakdown by status:17:01
MootBotLINK received:  http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ogasawara/csv-stats/bugs-with-patches/linux/17:01
bjf== Blueprints17:01
bjf * No update, all items are still in progress.17:01
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-lucid-review-of-ubuntu-delta (apw)17:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-lucid-review-of-ubuntu-delta (apw)17:01
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-review-of-ubuntu-delta17:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-review-of-ubuntu-delta17:01
apwLenovo driver confirmed no longer required and dropped.  This blueprint is essentially complete.17:01
bjfi'll remove it from the agenda17:02
apwack ..17:02
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-lucid-kernel-config-review (apw)17:02
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-kernel-config-review17:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-lucid-kernel-config-review (apw)17:02
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-kernel-config-review17:02
apwIt seems we require SECCOMP enabled for Lucid, preliminary patches for ARM are under testing.17:02
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-lucid-kms (sconklin / apw)17:02
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-kms17:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-lucid-kms (sconklin / apw)17:02
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-kms17:02
apwThe v2.6.33 DRM backport is looking very much the better starting point in most testing.  There are still issues to resolve but they are much much less severe.  The final go/no-go decision is expected in the next couple of days with the change occuring this week.17:02
sconklinWe have been attempting to test the main Lucid kernel and also the Lucid kernel with the .33 drm backport, but have encountered problems with suspend/resume that appear to be related to the Iron Lake processor but not the drm drivers. We are continuing to try to sort out these problems.17:02
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-lucid-suspend-resume (manjo)17:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-lucid-suspend-resume (manjo)17:03
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-suspend-resume17:03
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-suspend-resume17:03
bjfno manjo today17:03
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-lucid-apparmor-development (jjohansen)17:03
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-apparmor-development17:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-lucid-apparmor-development (jjohansen)17:03
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-apparmor-development17:03
jjohansenanother submission going out today, wanted to sleep on d_path and d_namespace changes17:04
jjohansenalso pam_apparmor will be finished up today as well17:04
apwwhats the reception like for your pushes?17:04
jjohansenhmm, not bad, the d_path stuff is getting the most conversation17:05
apwcool thanks ..17:05
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-lucid-boot-performance (apw, csurbhi)17:05
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-boot-performance17:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-lucid-boot-performance (apw, csurbhi)17:05
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-boot-performance17:05
apwWe remain around the 1.6s to rootfs mark.  There is some instability in the figure which looks to be a race during boot, needs further investigation.  Patches for incremental readahead detection are now in testing.17:05
bjf[TOPIC] Other Release Tasks: Lucid Audio Support (bjf)17:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Other Release Tasks: Lucid Audio Support (bjf)17:06
bjfNothing new this week.17:06
bjf[TOPIC] Other Release Tasks: Lucid Better Power Mgt (amitk)17:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Other Release Tasks: Lucid Better Power Mgt (amitk)17:06
bjfno amitk this week17:06
apwno amitk i believe17:06
bjf[TOPIC] Other Release Tasks: EC2 Lucid Kernel Status (jjohansen)17:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Other Release Tasks: EC2 Lucid Kernel Status (jjohansen)17:06
jjohansenno change from last week17:07
bjf[TOPIC] Status: Lucid (apw)17:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: Lucid (apw)17:07
apwLucid is at stable v2.6.32.9.  We have taken a few small update icluding a wacom driver update.  As mentioned above we are still looking to update graphics with that likely to be the outcome.17:07
apwProgress has been pretty solid the last week, but new tasks and bugs pulling us back from the trend-line.  There is a fair bit to do before kernel freeze but the new bits should be in in time.  We will have to do some fixing after that.  We have closed off one of the slipped items, the rest remain and need pushing.17:07
apwIf you have an at-risk item, i would like to know when its likely to be done.17:07
bjf[TOPIC] Security & bugfix kernels - Karmic/Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (gnarl/smb)17:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Security & bugfix kernels - Karmic/Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (gnarl/smb)17:08
smbDapper:      2.6.15-55.82  (security)17:08
smbHardy:       2.6.24-27.65  (security)17:08
smb             2.6.24-27.67  (proposed)[8]   1/ 3 verifications done (+1)17:08
smbIntrepid:    2.6.27-17.45  (security)17:08
smbJaunty:      2.6.28-18.59  (security)17:08
smbKarmic:      2.6.31-19.56  (security)17:08
smb             2.6.31-20.57  (proposed)[22]  8/19 verifications done (+3)17:08
smb - LBM       2.6.31-20.22  (proposed)[22]  0/ 2 verifications done (+0)17:08
smb - mvl-dove  2.6.31-211.22 (security)17:08
smb             2.6.31-211.23 (waiting for acceptance)17:08
smb - fsl-imx51 2.6.31-108.21 (security)17:08
smb             2.6.31-108.22 (proposed)[13]  0/ 1 verifications done (+0)17:08
smb - ec2       2.6.31-304.10 (security)17:08
smb             2.6.31-304.11 (proposed)[13]  0/ 1 verifications done (+0)17:08
smbFor Karmic: the following bugs are unverified:17:08
smbbug 504273, bug 494045, bug 494461 and bug 510722 (intel graphics)17:08
smbbug 458503 and bug 458503 (hotkeys)17:08
smbbug 506180 (ath5k regression by stable)17:08
smbjjohanson, could you comment on bug 428692 for karmic?17:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 504273 in linux "Add Intel Iron Lake support to Karmic" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/50427317:08
smbFor now there were some doubts on bug 452558 as of whether 96MB of memory17:08
smbstolen is a high ratio of overall memory on ARM. Probably someone with17:08
smbknowledge has to say there is still enough left.17:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 494045 in linux "kernel crash during kms graphic boot on Intel GM4500 platform" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/49404517:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 494461 in linux "Massive performance hit after disabling VGA with -intel" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/49446117:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 510722 in linux "Fix the Iron Lake "Lost Interrupt" bug" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/51072217:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 458503 in linux "Volume keys don't work on AMILO 1848+u " [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/45850317:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 506180 in linux "Atheros Communications Inc. AR2413 802.11bg doesnt work after update" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/50618017:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 428692 in linux-ec2 "ec2 kernel needs CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=y and other config changes" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/42869217:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 452558 in linux-mvl-dove "Change VMETA_MEM_SIZE to 96 to support 1080p videos" [Low,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/45255817:09
smbGo ubottu, go17:09
bjfjjohansen, ? comment on 42869217:10
jjohansenerr, like?17:10
smbIt likely just needs a quick feedback whether or not the current Karmic proposed kernel for ec2 is good enough to go updates17:11
jjohansenah, okay I'll go add that17:11
jjohansenits been good since it went to proposed17:11
bjf[TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Regressions (JFo)17:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Incoming Bugs: Regressions (JFo)17:12
bjfIncoming Bugs17:12
bjf160/185 Lucid Bugs (up 25)17:12
bjfCurrent regression stats (broken down by release):17:12
bjf==== regression-potential (up 6) ====17:12
bjf  * 57 lucid bugs17:12
bjf==== regression-update (up 1) ====17:12
bjf  * 10 karmic bugs17:12
bjf  * 5 jaunty bugs17:12
bjf  * 2 intrepid bugs17:12
bjf  * 1 hardy bug17:12
bjf==== regression-release (up 2) ====17:12
bjf  * 57 karmic bugs 217:12
bjf  * 23 jaunty bugs17:12
bjf  * 11 intrepid bugs17:12
bjf  * 4 hardy bugs17:12
bjf==== regression-proposed (no change) ====17:12
bjf  * 1 karmic bug17:12
bjf[TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (JFo)17:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (JFo)17:12
bjfNo bug day last week. This week's bug day has been postponed to next week. The focus will be on bugs with patches.17:12
bjf[TOPIC] Open Discussion or Questions: Anyone have anything?17:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion or Questions: Anyone have anything?17:12
bjfapw, go17:13
apwjust a reminder we're heading into the last week for lucid before freeze17:13
apwanything you think you want in needs to be on my radar before friday17:13
bjfthanks everyone17:14
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:14.17:14
apwbjf, thanks17:14
sconklinbjf: thanks17:14
csurbhibjf, thanks !17:15
=== kenvandine is now known as kenvandine[busy]
=== kenvandine[busy] is now known as kenvandine
McPeterhi all19:50
YoBoYcool :D19:50
kinouchoucool :)19:50
YoBoYhi nijaba :)19:53
issyl0Hi kinouchou.19:57
kinouchouhi issyl019:57
issyl0win 119:59
issyl0Oops, sorry.19:59
nils1is this meeting still ongoing?20:01
forumsmatthewping EMEA board members: popey Seveas markvandenborre stgraber phanatic highvoltage20:05
phanaticforumsmatthew: pong20:05
* highvoltage waves20:05
forumsmatthewhmm, I wonder where the others are...or do I have the time wrong for our meeting?20:07
blizzkidforumsmatthew: not if it's 20 UTC now ;)20:08
phanaticforumsmatthew: we should be having the meeting now20:08
forumsmatthewyeah, but sometimes I can't read... ;-)20:08
forumsmatthewokay, let's give them a couple more minutes and see20:08
nils1oh then am i not too late? here in germany its already 21h20:09
YoBoYnils1: in France too ;)20:09
blizzkidnils1: Belgium too, 20 UTC = 21 here ;)20:09
highvoltagestgraber has been traveling a lot the last 3 days, so he might be tired/jetlagged/etc20:09
YoBoYwho lives with UTC time by the way :p20:10
nikohi there20:10
knomehighvoltage, well he should be in a EU timezone anyway20:10
phanatichighvoltage: i think he mentioned that he wouldn't make it20:10
McPeterhi niko :)20:10
nils1puh! :-)20:10
highvoltageknome: yep he is indeed20:10
knomehighvoltage, yup. last saw him 12 hours ago at a breakfast in london ;)20:10
highvoltageknome: yeah he's in Zurich now I believe20:11
knomehighvoltage, yup20:11
knomehighvoltage, (if his flight didn't get cancelled ;))20:11
highvoltagewell I hope we get quorum, this is my first meeting as EMEA Council member20:11
knomei hope that as well20:12
Pendulumhighvoltage: congrats!20:12
didrocksstgraber already missed the DMB board later :)20:12
highvoltagethanks Pendulum!20:12
forumsmatthewusually everyone is very good about sending a message if they can't make it, so I'm hopeful20:13
issyl0What's happening?20:17
forumsmatthewwe're waiting a bit to see if another board member will show up...we're a bit of a small group for a quorum20:17
blizzkidforumsmatthew: we won't tell anyone ;-)20:18
issyl0forumsmatthew: ah, I see.  OK.  :)20:18
popeysorry, just got in from work20:21
* knome hugs popey 20:21
forumsmatthewis phanatic still here?20:22
popeywhat we doing?20:22
highvoltagehi markvandenborre20:22
markvandenborresorry about the delay20:22
forumsmatthewwe are going to start now that you two have arrived20:22
markvandenborrenetwork was down around here20:22
phanaticyup, still here20:22
forumsmatthewokay, let's start20:23
forumsmatthewthorwil, are you here?20:23
knomehe is \o/20:24
thorwilforumsmatthew: yes20:24
forumsmatthewgreat! please introduce yourself20:24
thorwilhi! i'm Thorsten Wilms, a designer from Germany20:24
thorwili'm active in ubuntu-artwork20:25
thorwilyou might have seen one of the last 3 countdown banners20:25
popeyok, this one is easy for me, I've been aware of thorwils work on the artwork team for a while, and recognise Ken and mpt's testimonials, +120:25
thorwilor the header of ubuntu-brainstorm ;)20:25
highvoltageI've been familiar with his work for a long time but not with him. Just read his wiki page and... wow.20:26
thorwilthank you, popey20:26
phanaticvery good testimonials, and excellent work. +120:26
knomei could not agree more with popey, even if i'm only here to cheer for thorwil20:26
forumsmatthewGood examples of really nice work, excellent testimonials. Easy +1 for me20:26
markvandenborrethis is so obvious20:26
thorwilthank you all! :D20:26
popeycongrats thorwil :)20:26
* popey does the launchpad stuff20:26
forumsmatthewThat's all 4 of us. Congratulations!20:26
highvoltagecongrats and welcome thorwil20:26
* thorwil hugs everyone20:27
forumsmatthewYoBoY, you are up.20:27
knomethe next round is on me20:27
* troy_s clap clap.20:27
YoBoYHi, I'm Philippe, one of the current French documentation administrators.20:27
YoBoYI'm also one of the core organizers of the Ubuntu Party in Paris.20:27
YoBoYI've runned some bug jam and one doc jam las year, and i'm ready to run more this year.20:27
YoBoYMy wiki page : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/YoBoY20:27
highvoltageYoBoY: how long have you been working on the French documentation?20:27
nikoif i can add a comment, he helps a lot french community20:28
YoBoYas administrator, since may 200920:28
phanatican easy one again after reading the testimonials. keep up the good work! +120:28
didrocks(YoBoY is a core member of the 4K mafia which is now 5K on our French ubuntu party). /me cheers him ;)20:28
YoBoYbut i write doc since the beginning, 2005 ^^20:28
popeyheheh didrocks20:28
YoBoYtanks didrocks :p20:29
forumsmatthewI agree with phanatic, easy +120:29
highvoltageyes great testimonials from very prominent French contributors. +120:29
didrockshighvoltage: heh, you'll see, French people in force today ;)20:30
didrockscongrats YoBoY!20:30
YoBoYtanks everyone :)20:30
popeya testimonial from Christophe is very handy :)20:30
highvoltagecongratulations and welcome YoBoY!20:30
forumsmatthewkinouchou, your turn. :)20:30
kinouchouI'm kinouchou, I live in France20:30
highvoltagedidrocks: well I'm learning French soon so I'm not complaining :)20:30
kinouchouI'm a end-user, not a developer20:30
kinouchouI help to organize the French ubuntu-party20:30
kinouchouand I'm the vice-treasurer20:31
kinouchouand I don't speak english :)20:31
phanaticagain, the testimonials, and the work done speak for themselves :)20:31
kinouchouI help the french loco since 1 year20:31
didrocks(just can say the same than for YoBoY,CCC in addition that she does a lot of work huat and I should do/don't have the time to do in the French community)20:31
nikolike YoBoY, he helps a lot ubuntu-fr loco during years20:31
forumsmatthewyou have some great testimonials20:32
davromaniakkinouchou is a very good person on the Ubuntu Party French Team20:32
didrocksthe only thing is that if we can have more money in ubuntu-fr bank account, she will deserve more hugs :)20:32
popeyso great to see people come along and cheer!20:32
popeyit really shows how our community works20:32
forumsmatthewwe usually ask for at least 6 months of contributions, and it seems you have easily met that standard20:32
highvoltageshe has great wiki page and contributions (I always go *wow* at the 5000 people events in Paris) as well as excellent testimonials. +120:32
YoBoY(we paid them to come :p)20:32
forumsmatthewI love all the cheers here in irc20:33
phanatic+1 of course :)20:33
popeyahh, treasurer20:33
YoBoYcongrats kinouchou :D20:33
davromaniakcongratulations kinouchou and YoBoY20:33
didrockscongrats kinouchou!20:33
highvoltagecongratulations and welcome kinouchou!20:33
McPetercongrats kinouchou :)20:33
forumsmatthewblizzkid, are you ready? It is your turn20:34
kinouchoumerci mc44  :)20:34
blizzkidI'm Martijn, a 31 year young SysAdmin from Belgium20:34
markvandenborre(I think I'd better abstain here, as Martijn might be too close to the Belgian team, no?)20:34
blizzkidI've been using linux on and off between 2000 and 200420:34
blizzkidand Ubuntu since 2004 permanently20:34
blizzkidI'm a "silent" member of Ubuntu Belgium Loco team (I try to offer ideas via mailing lists, but most events are a bit outside my area)20:35
blizzkidI'm also a local support point20:35
blizzkidand teach an Ubuntu class at Syntra Mechelen20:35
blizzkidand most important, I'm an Ubuntu fanatic20:36
highvoltageblizzkid: what kind of work do you do in your loco team?20:36
phanaticmarkvandenborre: i'm interested in your opinion about him20:36
forumsmatthewis this your class? http://www.syntra-ab.be/opleidingen/Starten-met-Linux-Ubuntu20:36
blizzkidhighvoltage: mainly offering ideas/suggestions atm tbh20:37
blizzkidforumsmatthew: no, it's the second year of sysadmin course20:37
forumsmatthewdo you have a link we could look at?20:37
blizzkidforumsmatthew: I'll try to look it up if you give me a sec20:38
blizzkidhmm,can't find it right away, but I'll keep looking ;)20:39
forumsmatthewmarkvandenborre, I would also be interested in your opinion if you know Martijn20:39
forumsmatthewthis maybe? http://www.syntra-ab.be/opleidingen/Linux-als-server-(systeembeheer)20:39
forumsmatthewthank you20:40
markvandenborreSyntra is basicly some +-public education institution for working (or jobless?) people to improve their skills after normal working hours20:41
highvoltage+0. good work so far, but I think in terms of solid sustained contributions I think we expect more for membership20:41
forumsmatthewI can see a lot of good things that you are doing. My hesitation is that I don't see many things that directly affect the Ubuntu community. Am I reading that correctly?20:41
blizzkidforumsmatthew: I try to offer support as much as possible as being a local support point20:42
blizzkidI've spread about 100 cd's in my area over the last 2 years20:42
blizzkidand helped install it for at least 8 people20:42
forumsmatthewThat is a good thing. I would like to see some documentation of things done if they are to be used as a basis for membership20:43
blizzkidI can inderstand that20:43
blizzkidI'd like to point out the testimonials though20:43
highvoltageblizzkid: indeed, installing ubuntu for people in your area counts much more than being in the smokers team. you might want to list that :)20:43
forumsmatthewUnfortunately, I don't know any of those who wrote them and there are no links to them within the Ubuntu community so I can consider that.20:44
blizzkidhighvoltage: yeah, I only noticed today it was missing :(20:44
popeyone of the testimonials is from someone who no longer has a launchpad account20:44
forumsmatthewI like what I'm seeing, but at the moment I'm not sure we have enough evidence of sustained, real contributions for us to confer membership20:44
phanatici agree with forumsmatthew20:44
forumsmatthewI'm +0 for now20:44
highvoltageblizzkid: I like your passion and your dedication, and from the testimonials it seems that you're very proficient technically as well, I would just like to see more of that proficiency used directly in the project20:45
forumsmatthewthat isn't a rejection, just a "not-now"20:45
popeyI am inclined to agree. I can see sporadic contribution via launchpad, and I'd like to see some more sustained and visible contribution. I'd say +0 for now, but I'd encourage you to keep working with the loco, and aim towards coming back in ~3 months?20:45
forumsmatthewperhaps with some better documentation (and continued excitement) we can reevaluate later20:45
blizzkidsure, np at all20:45
forumsmatthewLet's move on. Is issyl0 here? Ready?20:45
issyl0forumsmatthew: yep.20:46
forumsmatthewplease introduce yourself :)20:46
issyl0Hi, I'm Isabell.  My wiki page is at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/issyl0 . I'm in the UK.20:46
issyl0I've been contributing to Ubuntu since about August of last year and have got involved in many projects since then.20:47
nikoif that can help, she works in a lot of projects, and she's very friendly and helpfull20:49
forumsmatthewI"m reading...20:49
forumsmatthewYou are active in a lot of different things. How do you balance the desire to participate with the amount of time that is generally needed to do things well?20:49
highvoltageissyl0: one of your testimonials mention the Ubuntu Beginners Team, but it's not mentioned elsewhere in your wiki page. What is your involvement there?20:50
issyl0Well I do the things when I can (whcih is most nights) and I am passionate about Ubuntu so I dedicate lots of time to it :)20:50
issyl0highvoltage: oh yes, tht project I didn't quite get involved in, I decided I didn't have sufficient time to do that as well, but I showed an interest there and a willingness to participate there and I will go back and re-apply/join when I have more time which should be soon I hope.20:51
highvoltageissyl0: I like your work in the Ubuntu-Women project, it's great that you're getting interviews in FCM. Any other work you've done in Ubuntu-Women or plan to do?20:52
forumsmatthewHere's what I see: a young, bright, talented person with a lot of energy and excitement. That is wonderful. I'm a little worried about spreading yourself too thin, trying to do too many different things and thereby making it so what you do isn't as good as it could be.20:53
forumsmatthewI think we want and need people like you in the Ubuntu community, but I don't want you to burn out.20:53
issyl0highvoltage: well I plan to get involved as much as I can, but as for Ubuntu-Women I do advocacy and the FCM interviews.20:54
highvoltageditto on what forumsmatthew said.20:54
markvandenborreI'm sorry, but I'll have to leave in 1.5 minutes20:54
markvandenborre+1, with the same remark from me20:54
* maco2 here to root for issyl0 20:54
* mgdm too20:54
* AlanBell too20:55
forumsmatthewhere's my bottom line: I am willing to +1 for membership, but with a very strong encouragement to please pick a couple of things that you love and do them well.20:55
issyl0forumsmatthew: I do try to have breaks occasionally!  I do try to do things to the best of my ability and not spread myself too then, I know when to stop and I won't take on stuff if it's too much. :)20:55
highvoltage+1 from me for her involvement in ubuntu-women, great energy she brings to the project and good cheerleading from her supporters :)20:55
popeyI don't think breaks are what forumsmatthew is suggesting20:56
forumsmatthewI believe you. Please take my comments to heart and consider where you can be most helpful without spreading yourself thin, okay?20:56
popeyI think it's more to do with focus20:56
forumsmatthewThat's the word I was attempting to conjure up.20:56
popeyi think ubuntu can benefit greatly from you issyl020:56
highvoltageI think it already has!20:57
forumsmatthewFocus enables quality20:57
maco2popey: or already does ;)20:57
issyl0forumsmatthew: yes, thank you :)20:57
popeybut I worry that you'll be spread thin, and we as a project wont benefit from the 'full fat' issyl0 but get 'semi skimmed' issyl020:57
highvoltageissyl0: looking at your interests, a lot of them are big things on their own that aren't necessarily ubuntu specific20:57
popeymaco2: ok, benefit _more_20:57
forumsmatthewOkay, lets vote. I'm +1 with the caveats I mentioned.20:58
popeyI am going to +1 because you have some lovely testimonials and have achieved good things in a short time, and I think your enthusiasm should be encouraged.20:58
forumsmatthewmark vdb was +120:58
issyl0highvoltage: I do dedicate most time to Ubuntu though, it's somethign I'm *very* passionate about and I love the whole philosophy and teh community and that's why I would like to become a member :)20:58
forumsmatthewoh, I see highvoltage is already +120:58
phanatici'm +1 too20:59
forumsmatthewcongratulations and welcome!20:59
issyl0Thank you!20:59
YoBoYcongratulation issyl0 :)20:59
highvoltageI'd like to echo forumsmatthew's comments as well. It might not be a problem now but take his suggestions to heart and keep it in mind for the future20:59
nikocongrtats :)20:59
issyl0YoBoY: thanks, contratulations to you too :)20:59
Pendulumcongrats issyl020:59
highvoltageissyl0: congratulations and welcome!20:59
issyl0highvoltage: thanks, and I will take all suggestions to heart :)20:59
forumsmatthewIs there another meeting after us?20:59
kinouchou:) issyl020:59
popeyeeek, cc in 1 hour21:00
popeyi am happy to continue21:00
forumsmatthewdo those of us here have time to try to evaluate the last two?21:00
issyl0Thank you, again!21:00
highvoltageFine with me21:00
forumsmatthewyou are welcome, issyl021:00
popeywelcome btw highvoltage ;)21:00
forumsmatthewangelabad, are you ready?21:00
highvoltagethanks popey :)21:00
forumsmatthewplease introduce yourself21:01
angelabadHi Im Angel, Sysadmin from Spain, Im Debian Maintainer, I contributed with my21:01
angelabaddebian packages and with package fixes in Ubuntu, triaging and forwarding21:01
angelabadbugs, and Im interested in package quality, fix21:01
angelabadlintian errors, add/update watch files, ...21:01
highvoltageangelabad: how many watch files have you added so far? I see 4 current uploads in LP21:02
phanatici'd suggest you to go for a membership via MOTU, since you're not having too much community work that we can evaluate21:03
angelabadhighvoltage, yes, 4 uploads to ubuntu21:03
popeyI am inclined to agree with phanatic, I'd suggest MOTU would be a more appropriate route to membership..21:03
forumsmatthewphanatic, I agree21:03
highvoltageangelabad: I also notice you have 6 packages in REVU, although none of them are advocated yet21:03
forumsmatthewI like what you are doing, angel, but I'm not qualified to judge it properly21:04
angelabadhighvoltage, yes waiting for advocation21:04
popeyindeed, it's not a -1, it's a "go see dholbach" :)21:04
angelabadpopey, :-D21:04
forumsmatthewwhat popey said.21:04
popeyis that okay angelabad ?21:05
highvoltageangelabad: I agree with angelabad and phanatic, your interest is clearly with packaging. I suggest you get your work advocated and uploaded and work on becomming a MOTU or a developer of one of the new developer groups21:05
highvoltage-1 from me for now21:05
forumsmatthew-0 here21:05
popey+0 here ;)21:05
angelabadok, thanks I will work with MOTU21:06
forumsmatthewbest wishes21:06
forumsmatthewis nils here?21:06
nils1yes :-)21:06
highvoltagegood luck angelabad hope you're a MOTU soon21:06
forumsmatthewgreat! Please introduce yourself21:06
nils1hi! i am nils, a philosophy student from germany21:06
nils1i am 28 years old21:06
nils1since summer 2009 i started with translations of gnome and ubuntu21:07
nils1i am also the coordinator of the lp-l10n-nds adminteam and since today, the new ubuntu-l10n-nds team21:07
nils1i coordinate and translated low german strings21:07
highvoltageyour translation work is certainly impressive21:08
nils1low german is spoken worldwide by 10000000 people21:08
nils1my wiki page https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ncfiedler21:08
nils1i also coordinate the gnoome upstream nds team21:08
highvoltagewhat are your other Ubuntu related interests besides translations?21:08
nils1i am also interested in security issues21:08
nils1but havent contributed there up to now21:09
forumsmatthewI see a solid five months of translation activity in LP. That is great--we usually require six months of sustained activity for membership, though21:09
forumsmatthewyou wiki looks good, but there are no testimonials21:09
forumsmatthewwe like testimonials21:09
forumsmatthewis there anyone here that can speak on your behalf?21:10
nils1david told me to act like one, but i guess he isnt online now21:10
nils1we talked todays evening about localizsation and the fallback problem in ubuntu21:10
nils1maybe arne goetje can say sth?21:11
forumsmatthewit looks like he is marked "away"21:11
forumsmatthewI'm going to suggest that we want you, but perhaps it would be better to come back next month21:12
forumsmatthewthat will give you some time21:12
forumsmatthewto get some testimonials21:12
forumsmatthewand to meet the time guideline21:12
popeyI agree21:12
highvoltageyes I think this may be another case of "we like you but please come again in 3 months"21:12
nils1i also manage those kde nds translations on lp because they have not much interest in that.21:12
popeyI love what you're doing, and we need you to keep doing it! :)21:12
nils13 or 1 month?21:12
forumsmatthewagreed! you are doing wonderful things that we appreciate21:12
popey3 months would be great!21:12
popeyand if you can get people to add testimonials, even better21:13
nils1and where shall i get testimonials from in those 3 month?21:13
forumsmatthewI do think 3 is better than 1, just to give plenty of time to get good testimonials21:13
highvoltageforumsmatthew: besides the time guideline, I'd be more inclined to give you a +1 next time if you can show more breadth in your work (even just a little) and have testimonials from the people you worked with on your wiki page21:13
forumsmatthewask others working on translations21:13
forumsmatthewto comment on your behalf21:13
maco2nils1: anyone who sees you working on stuff can give a testimonial21:13
maco2nils1: you said "kde" so im guessing other folks in #kubuntu-devel21:14
highvoltagenils1: 3 months would also give you some good time to get more involved in security issues you may be interested in21:14
nils1and what do you mean by breadth?21:14
highvoltagenils1: feel free to add bug reports, patches and uploads you have worked on to your wiki page so that we are aware of them next time21:14
forumsmatthewthis isn't a rejection, so please don't feel sad--this is a "we like you, continue what you are doing, maybe get involved in one or two more things in Ubuntu if you can, get some testimonials, and come back"21:14
highvoltagenils1: some work besides translations would broaden your profile21:15
nils1:-( mmmh.. ok21:15
highvoltagenils1: not that there's anything wrong with your translation work, it's great!21:15
forumsmatthewI don't think it is vital, but it would give others in the community a chance to know you and benefit from your involvement.21:15
forumsmatthewOkay, I think that's it for tonight. Thank you everyone!21:16
popeygreat stuff21:16
YoBoYthanks everyone :)21:16
forumsmatthewgood job at your first meeting as a board member, highvoltage21:17
highvoltageyes, thanks everyone who attended21:17
highvoltagethanks forumsmatthew21:17
highvoltagedoes anyone take notes, and is someone tasked with the LP changes?21:17
phanaticthanks everyone, good night!21:17
forumsmatthewhighvoltage, popey has taken care of the LP stuff already, and we have a log of the meeting21:17
highvoltageok great21:17
forumsmatthewgood night, everyone!21:18
YoBoYgood bight21:18
YoBoYgood night21:18
McPetergood night21:18
kinouchougood night21:18
highvoltageyes good night everyone!21:18
Mamaroknils1: about nds transaltions of KDE, did you get in touch with the upstream team?21:22
MamarokI very much doubt they are not interested...21:22
nils1yes i did21:22
nils1and asked them a several times to contribute, because i did not want to make all the work on my own, because i am not using kde, but gnome. but they just do their upstream work21:23
Mamaroknils1: to be included in KDE you do know they need 70%, do you?21:24
nils1and as i am the coordinator for lp-l10n-nds, i also have to agree to those kde nds translations21:24
nils1they need 70% of what?21:24
Mamarok70% of KDE translated21:25
nils1nds translations?21:25
Mamarokall trasnaltions, a language only gets into the offical trasnalted packages once it has acheived 70%21:25
nils1ah ok21:25
Mamarokso you really should contribute upstream IMHO21:25
sabdfl1hi all, apologies for being late21:26
Mamaroksorry, my typping is not very good tonight21:26
nils1but i cant do all the work on my own! i am nearly the only one in nds on lp who does the work21:26
=== sabdfl1 is now known as sabdfl
Mamaroknils1: we should take this to a PM I think, cluttering the meeting channel21:26
sabdflTechnoviking: ping21:27
popeysabdfl: last I saw he's in detroit waiting on a flight21:45
popey1.5 hours ago21:45
jcastrohe just got on a plane21:48
* pleia2 waves21:57
* popey waves too21:59
pleia2so the only agenda item is ongoing in email22:00
McPeterbye bye all & good night22:05
persiaAre arbitrary updates to the wiki page for that welcomed?  The recent changes to the top section (which look nice), are not yet reflected in the bottom section.22:05
* persia would be happy to fix, but feels some trepidation as previous editors have been CC members22:05
pleia2persia: I think making edits for accuracy are acceptable22:07
popeyI dont think we're precious about edits to that page :)22:07
persiaOK.  I'll take a swing at it in a few hours.  It's mostly changing from "you" to "The community Council" about poll setups and the like.22:07
pleia2looks like only popey and I are here, so no quorum - shall we adjourn?22:08
pleia2(and no new topics)22:09
popeysounds fair22:11
sabdflargh, missed you all22:16
popeytbh we're probably still here lurking sabdfl22:16
kinouchougood night22:19
=== robbiew is now known as robbiew_

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!